- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Chile 5.3 and 5.2 Atlantic Ocean ! More info here.
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to: Paul Langley’s Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- Hurricane Katia : Latest Updates here.
- Memorials of Grief.By DanielGreenfield.I think Daniel has summerized it perfectly what every American feels on 9-11.
“September 11 is not the day we cry, it is the day we get angry. It is the day we remember who our killers were, how many have been lost, and how little has been done to bring down the ideology responsible as completely as they brought the towers down. It is the day we remember not to forget. It is the day we remember that the war has just begun and that until it ends, there can be no comfort or solace. The fight goes on.”Read the full story here.
- What is the Super Congress their mission?Pay for Obama’s plans?The term Super Congress refers to a select group of 12 members of both the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate chosen to identify ways to reduce the national debt by $1.5 trillion over 10 years.The Super Congress, or super committee, was created under the Budget Control Act of 2011. The law was passed by the U.S. Congress in the first two days of August 2011 to increase the nation’s $14.294 trillion debt ceiling in order to avoid a potential default. It was the fourth increase of the mandatory borrowing cap in President Barack Obama’s first term.The Super Congress consists of six members of the House and Senate, evenly divided between Republicans and Democrats. The House members were chosen by Speaker John Boehner and Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi. The Senate members were chosen by Majority Leader Harry Reid and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.The official name for the Super Congress is the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction.
Super Congress Responsibilities
The Budget Control Act of 2011 immediately raised the nation’s debt ceiling by $400 billion, to $14.694 trillion, so the federal government could meet spending obligations previously approved by Congress. But it required the Super Congress to find ways to reduce the national debt by $1.5 trillion before the end of 2011. If the panel’s plan is approved by Congress, the debt ceiling can be increased by the same amount. If the committee fails in its mission, automatic spending cut measures will be triggered.Proposals from the Super Congress would be placed on a fast track through the House and Senate, with no allowance for the legislation to be amended by lawmakers.Hmmmmm…..President Obama wants $ 220Billion of his ‘plan’ financed by the ‘Supercommittee’……..find ways to reduce the national debt?
- KUHNER: Obama and the lunatic left.President and his followers intend to end America’s greatness.(Washingtontimes).President Obama is politically insane. This is the real meaning of his speech Thursday night in front of a joint session of Congress. Albert Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. By that definition, Mr. Obama is a lunatic leftist.Much of his speech called for more of the same – government activism; massive spending on infrastructure, bridges and roads; extending the payroll tax cut; and more public aid to states and municipalities. In short, he seeks to perpetuate the dismal policies of Obamanomics. He is a reckless ideologue masquerading as a pragmatist.Mr. Obama’s presidency has been dominated by one seminal reality – failure. His nearly $1 trillion stimulus; record budget deficits; unprecedented levels of public spending; the government bailouts of the auto, insurance, housing and banking sectors; billions heaped on “green jobs”; Obamacare; Dodd-Frank to reform Wall Street, and huge outlays for food stamps and unemployment benefits – all have failed to restore the economy.In fact, they have done the opposite. Unemployment is 9.1 percent. Growth is anemic. In August, no new net jobs – none – were created. Consumer confidence is low. Inflation is rising. The value of the dollar plummets. Burdensome regulations are strangling business. America is being buried under a mountain of debt. For the first time in history, its credit rating has been downgraded. The country is not only on the verge of national bankruptcy, but of economic collapse.Any reasonable person would change course – but not Mr. Obama. He is a big-government liberal who worships at the altar of statism. The fact that we are broke and can no longer afford his borrow-and-spend policies means nothing. Like all fanatics, he is disconnected from reality.Contrary to popular myth, liberalism is not politics committed to science or rational thought. It is a substitute religion – a secular philosophy similar to Marxism that seeks to replace Christianity and provide believers with existential meaning. Hence, it must be defended at all costs, even in the face of irrefutable evidence or logic. Mr. Obama is not an anomaly among progressives. They share his stubbornness. Reassessment is not possible. If Mr. Obama truly were to tack to the center, it would represent a fatal admission of error. The liberal faith would collapse.In 2009, Mr. Obama vowed that if the stimulus were passed, the jobless rate would remain under 8 percent. Under his tenure, America has lost more than 2 million private-sector jobs. Mrs. Wasserman Schultz is the equivalent of a Stalinist-era hack jabbering about the Soviet economic miracle. No one believes her – not even her staunchest supporters.This leaves political gangsterism. Teamsters President Jimmy Hoffa recently said that it’s time for unions to declare “war” on Republicans and Tea Partyers. “President Obama, this is your army,” Mr. Hoffa thundered at a Sept. 5 Labor Day rally in Detroit. “We are ready to march. Let’s take these SOBs out and give America back to an America where we belong.” Mr. Hoffa’s comments were vile, reprehensible and could foment civil violence. Labor unions, such as the Teamsters, have a long history of street brawls and physically intimidating opponents. Once these kinds of furies have been unleashed, it is difficult to contain them.The Democrats’ hypocrisy is staggering. For days following the Tucson shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and others, leading Democrats and the liberal media blamed conservative talk radio, Sarah Palin and a “climate of hate” for the massacre. Mr. Obama even called for a “new civility” and “tone,” tacitly chastising his critics. Yet, now that a key ally has called for blood to flow in the streets, the White House is silent.Mr. Obama is a man of the hard left. He deeply loathes everything America stands for – capitalism, limited government, individual freedom and Christian civilization. In particular, he despises our exceptionalism. His stated goal is to create a “post-American world” where the United States is simply one of many countries – no bigger, better or stronger. He exhibits a form of madness, a self-loathing, reminiscent of the late pop singer Amy Winehouse. Mr. Obama keeps injecting the heroin of class warfare and socialism into our national bloodstream. And he can continue to play on the biggest stage and boast a huge audience. In the end, however, it leads to the same result: insanity and death.Read the full story here.
- Obama’s Illegal Alien Uncle Quietly Released From Jail: House chairman; Obama’s Uncle Got Backdoor Amnesty.(BirtherReport).Boston Globe: Officials released President Obama’s uncle from Plymouth County jail yesterday after holding him for more than two weeks on an immigration detainer for violating an order to return to his native Kenya in 1992.US officials refused to disclose any other information about Onyango Obama, who remained in the United States undetected until Framingham police arrested him Aug. 24 on drunken driving and other charges.Yesterday, federal immigration officials refused to say whether the 67-year-old Framingham resident posted bond, whether they are keeping track of his whereabouts, or even whether they are still seeking his deportation, raising questions about public accountability in the case.
Washington Times: The chairman of the House Judiciary Committee said Friday that President Obama’s half-uncle, an illegal immigrant who was picked up but has reportedly been released from jail, appears to have benefited from the new “backdoor amnesty” the administration announced last month.“It appears there is a double standard — one for President Obama’s family and one for everyone else,” Rep. Lamar Smith, Texas Republican, said. “Last year, President Obama’s illegal immigrant aunt was granted asylum and now his illegal immigrant uncle has been released from [the Immigrations and Customs Enforcement agency] custody, even though he was arrested by authorities for drunk driving.”Mr. Smith said the case will be the first “test case” for a new Homeland Security policy announced last month that gives immigration authorities more discretion to let illegal immigrants go, rather than pursue efforts to deport them.Hmmmm……”Let my ‘people’ go”.Got suddenly a whole different meaning.Read the full story here.
- FACT CHECK: Obama’s jobs plan paid for? Seems not.(AP). By Calvin Woodward and Tom Raum.WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama’s promise Thursday that everything in his jobs plan will be paid for rests on highly iffy propositions.It will only be paid for if a committee he can’t control does his bidding, if Congress puts that into law and if leaders in the future – the ones who will feel the fiscal pinch of his proposals – don’t roll it back.Underscoring the gravity of the nation’s high employment rate, Obama chose a joint session of Congress, normally reserved for a State of the Union speech, to lay out his proposals. But if the moment was extraordinary, the plan he presented was conventional Washington rhetoric in one respect: It employs sleight-of-hand accounting.A look at some of Obama’s claims and how they compare with the facts:
OBAMA: “Everything in this bill will be paid for. Everything.”
THE FACTS: Obama did not spell out exactly how he would pay for the measures contained in his nearly $450 billion American Jobs Act but said he would send his proposed specifics in a week to the new congressional supercommittee charged with finding budget savings. White House aides suggested that new deficit spending in the near term to try to promote job creation would be paid for in the future – the “out years,” in legislative jargon – but they did not specify what would be cut or what revenues they would use.Essentially, the jobs plan is an IOU from a president and lawmakers who may not even be in office down the road when the bills come due. Today’s Congress cannot bind a later one for future spending. A future Congress could simply reverse it.Currently, roughly all federal taxes and other revenues are consumed in spending on various federal benefit programs, including Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, veterans’ benefits, food stamps, farm subsidies and other social-assistance programs and payments on the national debt. Pretty much everything else is done on credit with borrowed money.So there is no guarantee that programs that clearly will increase annual deficits in the near term will be paid for in the long term.
OBAMA: “Everything in here is the kind of proposal that’s been supported by both Democrats and Republicans, including many who sit here tonight.”
THE FACTS: Obama’s proposed cut in the Social Security payroll tax does seem likely to garner significant GOP support. But Obama proposes paying for the plan in part with tax increases that have already generated stiff Republican opposition.For instance, Obama makes a pitch anew to end Bush-era tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, which he has defined as couples earning over $250,000 a year or individuals over $200,000 a year. Republicans have adamantly blocked what they view as new taxes. As recently as last month, House Republicans refused to go along with any deal to raise the government’s borrowing authority that included new revenues, or taxes.
OBAMA: “It will not add to the deficit.”
THE FACTS: It’s hard to see how the program would not raise the deficit over the next year or two because most of the envisioned spending cuts and tax increases are designed to come later rather than now, when they could jeopardize the fragile recovery. Deficits are calculated for individual years. The accumulation of years of deficit spending has produced a national debt headed toward $15 trillion. Perhaps Obama meant to say that, in the long run, his hoped-for programs would not further increase the national debt, not annual deficits.
OBAMA: “The American Jobs Act answers the urgent need to create jobs right away.”
THE FACTS: Not all of the president’s major proposals are likely to yield quick job growth if adopted. One is to set up a national infrastructure bank to raise private capital for roads, rail, bridges, airports and waterways. Even supporters of such a bank doubt it could have much impact on jobs in the next two years because it takes time to set up. The idea is likely to run into opposition from some Republicans who say such a bank would give the federal government too much power. They’d rather divide money among existing state infrastructure banks.Hmmmm……..Indeed there is a ‘serious threat to America’.Read the full story here.
- Reaction Roundup: Heritage Responds to Obama’s Jobs Speech.Heritage’s experts are watching President Barack Obama’s address on jobs to a joint session of Congress. Here are some of their immediate reactions.
- The market stall jihadists: Ex-Afghan camp extremist used inner city stall to peddle hatred.(DailyMail).A Muslim who used his market stall as a front to persuade people to join a holy ‘Jihad’ war against the UK was facing jail last night.Munir Farooqi, 54, turned his inner city book stall into a secret Al Qaeda recruiting school.He targeted young British men and used literature and films to brainwash them to convert to Islam.Using fanatical Islamic manuals, books and DVDs at the market stall in Manchester, he converted a former British soldier, an estate agent and even members of a local crime gang.Over a two year period Farooqi – who boasted of being a Taliban fighter and was detained in Afghanistan in the wake of the 9/11 attacks – tried to persuade people visiting his stall to travel to training camps and battlefields abroad to fight in Afghanistan.Last night he was facing jail after he was convicted of soliciting multiple murder and a series of terrorism offences.Matthew Newton, 29, an estate agent, was convicted of preparing acts of terrorism and distributing terrorist publications.Farooqi was arrested in November 2009 after two white undercover policemen infiltrated the recruiting school and underwent radicalisation ceremonies in the basement of his terraced home in Longsight, Manchester.During the undercover investigation one of the detectives taped Farooqi boasting: ‘If we die, we win. You have Allah on your side, how can we lose?‘You know Jihad is not about you giving your life away. If we’re going to go there you make sure you take at least 40 or 50 people with us so we’ve done something.’ When police raided his house they found a haul of extremist literature and pamphlets and up to 5,000 DVDs.Manchester Crown Court heard Farooqi had been born in Pakistan and came to England in 1962 with his family when he was five-years-old.But he became an active supporter of the Taliban in Afghanistan and went there in 2001 after the attacks on the twin towers of the World Trade Centre.He was captured by authorities in Afghanistan and jailed from November 2001 to May 2002 before being released.He returned to the UK after his wife flew out with some money and successfully applied for a new UK passport in 2003.A 12 month undercover anti-terror operation was launched in November 2008 with officers monitoring his market stall in Longsight, Manchester.Speaking from behind a screen, one undercover officer told the court: ’I was playing the part of someone who has very low social ties, somebody who was for want of a better word down on their luck.‘Mr Farooqi asked me if I was an atheist and I asked what he meant by that. He said: ‘Do you believe in God?’’ The jury heard the pair later exchanged mobile phone numbers and the officer was handed a series of Islamic leaflets, a copy of the Koran and some DVDs.He was given the Islamic name Abdul Rahman and converted to Islam on December 30, 2008 in a ceremony.One imam was secretly filmed by the undercover officer conducting a lecture at Indian restaurant in which he discussed the 9/11 terror attacks – but told followers not to record his speech as it could be used against him.The undercover officer said Farooqi told him he had been jailed for fighting in Afghanistan and he had been trailed by MI5 after returning to Britain.Among the literature found at his terraced house were two books described as in court as ‘classic jihadi texts‘.There was no evidence that anyone from the UK had travelled abroad to fight as part of a Jihad.Farooqi’s son, Harris Farooqi, 27, who ran a perfume stall was acquitted of various terror charges.Jurors are still deciding on verdicts upon former Trafford centre shop assistant Israr Malik, 22.Read the full story here.