- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Saint-Helena 5.2 ! More info here.
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to: Paul Langley’s Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- Heritage Responds to Obama’s Debt Reduction and Tax Proposal – A must read here.
- China Pulls The Rug From Under Europe, Halts French Bank Transactions, Makes Good On Trade War Ultimatum.Read the full debacle Here.
- Hmmm….Erdogan ‘Blackmailing” the US Gov. in to recognising Palestine?Missile approval left till after key US visit.(HurriyetDaily).Turkey will wait to implement a deal to site a NATO radar system on its soil until after the prime minister’s return from UN General Assembly meetings this week.Rebuffing Washington’s demands for speedy approval, the Turkish government has decided to wait until after this week’s U.N. General Assembly meetings to complete the procedures necessary to station a NATO radar system on Turkish soil.The memorandum of understanding signed last week by Turkish Foreign Ministry Undersecretary Feridun Sinirlioğlu and U.S. Ambassador to Ankara Francis J. Ricciardone has not been brought to the agenda of the Cabinet to complete the official procedures needed for it to enter into force, the Hürriyet Daily News has learned.Since the early warning radar system is part of a NATO agreement, Cabinet approval suffices for its implementation rather than a parliamentary vote. The process will thus have to wait until Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s return from the United States, where he will hold key talks with U.S. President Barack Obama.During his visit to the United States, Erdoğan will be accompanied by the General Staff’s second in command, Hulusi Akar, as well as EU Minister Egemen Bağış, Environment and Urban Planning Minister Erdoğan Bayraktar and other deputies and officials, the Anatolia news agency reported.Before his departure late Monday, Erdoğan addressed reports in the Turkish media that the NATO defense program would not protect all of Turkey. “These are disinformation,” he said, adding that such reports aim to create concerns among the citizenry.“What will be deployed is a radar system and not missiles. If needed, we would consider the deployment of missiles as well. But this is not on our agenda for the moment,” Erdoğan said.The agreement envisions the deployment of a U.S. AN/TPY-2 (X-band) early warning radar system at a military installation at Kürecik in the Central Anatolian province of Malatya as part of the NATO missile-defense project. Obama and Erdoğan will likely discuss the fate of the agreement, which has been described by anonymous U.S. officials as the most strategic deal between the two allies in the last 15 to 20 years.A swift approval of the deal is needed to carry out the technical phases of the radar system’s deployment before the end of this year, as suggested by the U.S. Department of Defense. U.S. warships carrying anti-ballistic missiles are expected to take up position in the eastern Mediterranean Sea in the upcoming months, U.S. media outlets have reported.Senior Turkish officials who are planning to visit Tehran in the coming weeks will seek to diffuse growing Iranian concerns about the deployment of the radar system on Turkish soil. (Share info?)Hakan Fidan, chief of the National Intelligence Organization, or MİT, is expected to be the first visitor, followed by Erdoğan.Sources said the precise plan would be decided following Erdoğan’s meeting with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad this week in New York. Concerned by NATO’s recent deployment of radar and interception systems, Iran has meanwhile increased its pressure on Russia for the sale of S-300 anti-ballistic missile systems. The two countries signed a deal on the sale but Moscow has not yet begun the process.Hmmmm….Put the rocketshield in Bulgaria …Bully problem eliminated.Since when is Turkey dictating US foreign policy?Read the full story here.
- Obama’s Jobs Bill Ends State Sovereignty – Wake Up Governors!!(NewZeal).By: AJ for NoisyRoom.
Section 376 of Obama’s tax and spend “jobs” bill ends state sovereignty, turns our Republic into a dictatorship and destroys the foundation upon which our country was built. The fundamental transformation of America is almost complete.
Read the bill. (Emphasis added)
“SEC. 376. FEDERAL AND STATE IMMUNITY.
(a) Abrogation of State Immunity- A State shall not be immune under the 11th Amendment to the Constitution from a suit brought in a Federal court of competent jurisdiction for a violation of this Act.
(b) Waiver of State Immunity-
(1) IN GENERAL-
(A) WAIVER- A State’s receipt or use of Federal financial assistance for any program or activity of a State shall constitute a waiver of sovereign immunity, under the 11th Amendment to the Constitution or otherwise, to a suit brought by an employee or applicant for employment of that program or activity under this Act for a remedy authorized under Section 375(c) of this Act.
(B) DEFINITION- In this paragraph, the term `program or activity’ has the meaning given the term in section 606 of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d-4a).”
Here is the link to 42 USC 2000d-4a which defines “program or activity”:
“For the purposes of this subchapter, the term “program or activity” and the term “program” mean all of the operations of—
(A) a department, agency, special purpose district, or other instrumentality of a State or of a local government; or
(B) the entity of such State or local government that distributes such assistance and each such department or agency (and each other State or local government entity) to which the assistance is extended, in the case of assistance to a State or local government;”
“any part of which is extended Federal financial assistance.”
The above is stated as an extension of the actual citation of the general section itself.
More from Section 376 (emphasis added):
“(2) EFFECTIVE DATE- With respect to a particular program or activity, paragraph (1) applies to conduct occurring on or after the day, after the date of enactment of this Act, on which a State first receives or uses Federal financial assistance for that program or activity.”
Wake up Governors!! Wake up America!! Tell Congress about Section 376 and why they must not pass this bill.Obama’s tax and spend “jobs” bill is a stealth move to end state sovereignty and transform what made our nation the greatest country the world has ever known. If Obama’s bill passes, kiss freedom goodbye and say hello to tyranny.
The American Form of Government – Reference:
42 USC 2000d-4a which defines “program or activity”
Read the full story here.
- Obama State Department Refuses To Tell Turkey The U.S. Would Side With Israel If Armed Conflict Breaks Out.(CNS).As Turkey’s leaders intensify efforts to isolate Israel internationally, the cordial treatment they are receiving from the Obama administration this week will add to concerns some Americans have about the strength of its support for Israel.Secretary of State Hillary Clinton described as “excellent” her talks in New York City on Monday with her Turkish counterpart, Ahmet Davutoglu. President Obama is scheduled to meet with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan there on Tuesday. All are in the city for this week’s U.N. General Assembly sessions.The Clinton-Davutoglu meeting came a day after the Turkish foreign minister announced that his government had blocked an Israeli attempt to open a liaison office at NATO headquarters in Brussels – the latest in a string of moves aimed at punishing Israel over a deadly commando raid on a Turkish ship carrying pro-Palestinian activists to the Gaza Strip in May 2010.Erdogan’s Islamist-leaning government earlier this month angrily rejected a U.N. report on the incident that called the Israeli raid “excessive and unreasonable” but also described the attempt to breach Israel’s blockade of the Hamas-ruled territory as “reckless” and concluded that the blockade was a “legitimate security measure.”Following Monday’s almost hour-long Clinton-Davutoglu meeting, a senior State Department official said on condition of anonymity that the secretary had “encouraged Turkey to keep the door open” on improving the strained relationship with Israel.But asked whether Clinton had offered any specific ideas in that regard, the official said, “This is something they have to sort out between the two.”The official rejected suggestions that Washington should make it clear to Turkey that the U.S. would side with Israel in the event of a confrontation.Hmmmm……As i said all along what is the relationship between Erdogan and Obama?Why the weekly phonecalls between them?Read the full story here.
- US Senators urge pro-Israel stance from Obama.(YNet).’The world needs to hear from you that Israel – our ally – is not alone in facing threats from Turkey.US senators urged President Barack Obama on Monday to use his speech to the United Nations to restate strong US support for Israel amid tensions with Turkey and a Palestinian push for statehood. “The world needs to hear unequivocally from you that Israel – our friend, ally, and strategic partner – is not alone in facing these threats,” 14 lawmakers said in a letter released as Obama arrived in New York.The senators accused Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan of “anti-Israeli rhetoric,” the attack on the Israeli embassy in Cairo, and the Palestinians’ push to raise their status at the world body.“We believe it is imperative for you to speak strongly, forthrightly and publicly about US concerns over these developments,” they wrote to the president, who was to address the UN General Assembly.”We need to make it clear that we will not tolerate continued threats to Israel by governments or individuals in the region or attempts to delegitimize Israel at the UN or other international forums. Violence and unilateralism against Israel will be met with the strongest US opposition,” they said.Democratic Senators Robert Menendez, Bob Casey, Kirsten Gillibrand, Dick Blumenthal, Ben Cardin, Chuck Schumer, and Chris Coons, Republican Senators Jon Kyl, Susan Collins, Mark Kirk, Orrin Hatch, Marco Rubio, and Johnny Isakson, as well as Independent Senator Joe Lieberman signed the letter.The lawmakers warned “political and physical attacks on Israel” raised “the possibility of a region-wide deterioration into violence” and that “Israel’s real sense of growing isolation will make it much more difficult to move the Mideast in a positive direction.”Meanwhile, Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann slammed Obama over his foreign policy.”I don’t believe Israel should have to give away any more of its land,” she told CNN Monday. “The president hasn’t done Israel any favors.”Instead, she advised the president to “disallow” Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad from stepping “one foot” in the US for his persistent threats against Israel. “He is a genocidal madman,” Bachmann said. Texas Governor Rick Perry is slated to meet Deputy Foreign Minister Daniel Ayalon as well as Jewish leaders on Tuesday. Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney will also be arriving in New York in the backdrop of the General Assembly meeting. Hmmmm…..Obama telling off Islamist Erdogan?That will be the day.Read the full story here.
- Perry: Obama Has Isolated and Undermined Israel.(WSJ).By Jonathan Weisman. Texas Gov. Rick Perry, speaking in New York as the United Nations General Assembly was convening, launched a broadside against President Barack Obama, asserting that the president’s “naïve, arrogant, misguided and dangerous” foreign policy had brought Israel and the Palestinians to a crisis over Palestinian statehood.It was one of the most strongly worded foreign-policy speeches of the 2012 Republican nomination race so far. Mr. Perry said the Obama administration had appeased “the Arab Street at the expense of our own national security interests” and had fumbled an opportunity to overthrow the regime in Iran. He accused the president of “isolating and undermining Israel” at every turn.He called for the U.S. to “reconsider” the $4 billion in assistance the country has provided the Palestinians over the last 17 years. He said the U.S should close the Palestinian Liberation Organization’s office in Washington if the U.N. General Assembly votes this week to recognize a Palestinian state.“It is time to change our policy of appeasement toward the Palestinians to strengthen our ties to the nation of Israel, and in the process establish a robust American position in the Middle East characterized by a new firmness and a new resolve,” he said.“What we are watching unfold at the United Nations is an unmitigated diplomatic disaster,” said former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney on Tuesday. “It is the culmination of President Obama’s repeated efforts over three years to throw Israel under the bus and undermine its negotiating position. That policy must stop now.”“The president must not continue to lead from behind on key issues of national and international security,” Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann also declared Tuesday.In a question-and-answer session after the speech, Mr. Perry said he does believe Palestinians should eventually be given statehood but only as the end result of direct negotiations between Israel and the Palestinian authority. That was a knock on the Obama administration’s use of U.S. envoys as go-betweens trying to broker a peace accord.“I do support a two-state solution only if the nation of Israel and the Palestinian Authorities do sit down and have direct negotiations between each other and under no other circumstances would I accept that and support that,” he said.Hmmmm…..Israel has nothing to fear but…..Obama and Erdogan it seems.Read the full story here.