- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Tonga 6.0 , Panama 5.3 and South Africa 5.3 ! More info here.
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to: Paul Langley’s Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- Hurricane Katia : Latest Updates here.
- 39 YEARS AGO !The Munich massacre.Read and see the full story here.
- IDF general: Likelihood of regional war growing.(Ynet).Recent revolutions in the Arab world and the deteriorating ties with Turkey are raising the likelihood of a regional war in the Middle East, IDF Home Front Command Chief, Major General Eyal Eisenberg warned Monday. “It looks like the Arab Spring, but it can also be a radical Islamic winter,” he said in a speech at the Institute for National Security Studies in Tel Aviv.”This leads us to the conclusion that through a long-term process, the likelihood of an all-out war is increasingly growing,” the IDF general said. “Iran has not abandoned its nuclear program. The opposite it true; it continues full steam ahead,” he said. “In Egypt, the army is collapsing under the burden of regular security operations, and this is reflected in the loss of control in the Sinai and the turning of the border with Israel into a terror border, with the possibility that Sinai will fall under the control of an Islamic entity.””In Lebanon, Hezbollah is growing stronger within government arms, but it has not lost its desire to harm Israel, and the ties with Turkey aren’t at their best,” Major General Eisenberg added. Referring to what he characterized as the possibility of a “radical Islamic winter,” Major-General Eisenberg said: “This raises the likelihood of an all-out, total war, with the possibility of weapons of mass destruction being used.” During his address, the senior IDF official revealed that new, more lethal arms surfaced in the hands of Gaza terror groups during the latest round of fighting in the area. As result of the disturbing development, Israeli civilians were instructed to adopt greater precautions, he said. “We discovered a new weapon, and as result of this we instructed the public to hide under two roofs, rather than only one,” he said. Eisenberg added that some 25% of local authorities in Israel are ill prepared to face emergency situations.Hmmmm……And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it….Zech. 12:3.Unknown to them, they are heading for eternal judgment, they think they are coming to make war against God, but they are being gathered for judgment. Isaiah 13:6-8.Read the full story here.
- President Obama puts union members ahead of workers.(WashingtonExaminer).Today is Labor Day, the unofficial end of the summer and a celebration of America’s working men and women. Americans will relax and enjoy themselves on their day off, but this will come as little consolation for the 14 million Americans currently unemployed.Unfortunately, President Obama still hasn’t provided an effective plan to restore our economic dynamism and put these people back to work. Instead, he has focussed his labor policies on the few Americans (one of every 14 in the private sector) who still belong to unions, largely ignoring the 90 percent of workers who don’t. That’s because those unions — in many cases against their members’ desires — provide massive, poorly disclosed campaign expenditures on behalf of Democrats. The result has been panoply of policies that are sapping America’s economic vigor while enshrining privileges for a fortunate few.Obama’s National Labor Relations Board, far from serving as a mediator and peacekeeper between labor and industry, has become an advocate for a specific Democratic interest group. In addition to its punitive prosecution of Boeing — which made the mistake of expanding its nonunion labor force in a right-to-work state — Obama’s NLRB has been busily staving off the inevitable demise of private-sector unions with a slew of decisions that will further weaken the businesses that employ most Americans. These latest rulings were made just as liberal Chairwoman Wilma Liebman’s term expired last Saturday.Despite lacking any statutory authority, the board has now decreed that employers must advertise to workers their right to form unions, using very large posters and electronic communications. The NLRB also issued pro-union rulings in a handful of critical cases. In one, they decided that when unions cannot win over a majority of employees in a workplace, they can still replenish their diminishing ranks by targeting small groups of employees who might be more receptive to unionization. In another case, Obama’s NLRB stripped from workers the right to challenge immediately the results of card-check drives by unions. The ruling applies in cases where employers collude with unions, letting them organize their workplaces without secret-ballot elections. In a third case, the NLRB abolished workers’ right to change unions or get rid of their union in a timely manner when a company changes hands.Obama never hid from voters his fealty to union bosses. He promised the Service Employees International Union that as president, he would make the union’s agenda his own. And since Obama’s inauguration, top union bosses have had more access to the White House than most of Obama’s Cabinet secretaries. American workers, the vast majority of whom have nothing to gain from unionization, can only wish they had a president who cared for their interests, and for broader prosperity, as much as he cares for this single, dying institution.Hmmmm……..Obama’s ‘Army’?Read the full story here.
- Obama Bundler George Kaiser Made Multiple Visits to White House in Months Prior to $535 Million Loan Guarantee to Solyndra.(Biggovernment).Top Obama bundler George Kaiser made multiple visits to the White House in the months before the company was granted a $535 million loan from the government.iWatch News reported, via Free Republic:
The i Watch News investigation confirmed that at least 18 other bundlers have ties to businesses poised to profit from the president’s political agenda, through stimulus money, government contracts, or other spending to promote clean energy technology or green development.
Oklahoma billionaire investor George Kaiser is one. A longtime Democratic donor, he is a big financial backer of a company that in March of 2009 won a $535 million loan guarantee  from DOE for a solar plant in Silicon Valley. He had multiple visits to the White House in the months before he was awarded the contract. Kaiser has not responded to interview requests from iWatch News.This doesn’t look very good considering it was widely known that Solyndra was in deep economic trouble in 2010 and had negative cash flows since its inception.Kaiser says he did not use political influence or talk to administration officials about a massive government loan to Solyndra.Hmmmm……Hurry , hurry…..come and look at the Unicorn!Read the full story here.
- For wont of $3 billion, NASA loses manned space flight capability…though illegal aliens received $4.2 billion in tax credits.(DougRoss).In the midst of the Stimulus spending spree, President Obama shocked the NASA program with a devastating pronouncement. The Space Shuttle replacement effort, dubbed the Constellation Program, which needed $3 billion in annual funding, would be terminated. For the first time since the initial manned flight of Project Mercury on April 18, 1961, the United States would not have the ability to put a man into space. In spite of the national security impact of the space program — and the fact that China has actively tested anti-satellite weaponry, the President felt that $3 billion was too much to spend on a replacement for the Space Shuttle. …though illegal aliens received $4.2 billion in tax creditsAnd it wasn’t just the fact that the public sector unions were awash with hundreds of billions in taxpayer Stimulus cash: the waste, fraud, and abuse in other federal programs turned out to be equally outrageous.The President’s priorities are funding his union boss supporters, growing the size of government bureaucracies, ringing up massive deficits, advancing the anti-jobs “green” agenda, and cutting back on strategic national security programs. Now I want you to imagine what Obama’s priorities will be if he were to be reelected in 2012. He would have absolutely nothing to lose in enacting an even more radical agenda: his devastating policies will go from merely stunningly bad to spectacularly worse. And that is why he must be defeated next November.Hmmmm……You can’t cure stupid, but you can vote it out!Read the full story here.
- Sen. DeMint: Obama speech to Congress ‘going to be hard for me to watch’.(TheHill).
Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) expressed doubt on Sunday that President Obam can provide any viable economic policies to create jobs and gain bipartisan support. “Frankly I am so tired of his speeches, it’s going to be hard for me to watch,” said DeMint on CNN’s State of the Union. “We need a plan in writing, he needs to send it to us and tell us what it is going to cost so not only Congress and the American people can read it, businesses can read it.”Speaking later in an appearance on ABC’s “This Week” DeMint added that he was “pretty frustrated with the speech idea and the things that have been leaking out from the White House.” “I don’t think the president is going to come out with things that are really going to create jobs I’m afraid it’s just pandering to his base,” he said. “None of them are like what I’ve been hearing from businesses all over the country.”DeMint also defended the Tea Party when asked about its unpopularity among independents, saying the movement “brought some accountability to Washington.”Over 70 percent of Americans think we need to balance our budget … that’s what the Tea Party is.”The South Carolina Republican downplayed his role as a leader of the Tea Party.“I’m not head of the Tea Party … there are thousands of leaders who have become active as citizens.”Although DeMint didn’t endorse a specific Republican running for president, he said that there’s no one in the field “who would not do a better job than our current president.”Read the full story here.
- The Emperor’s New Plan.(Commentary).President Obama could have returned from his vacation and addressed the nation from the Oval Office, outlining his plan to increase jobs, pledging to have the legislative language on the desk of every member of Congress by the time they returned to Washington, calling on citizens to demand Congress act promptly on the Obama Plan.For that strategy to work, however, you need an actual plan. You don’t summon the nation for an Oval Office address to propose what you’re already doing (unemployment insurance and a payroll tax reduction), or more of what didn’t work before (stimulus, but without the word “stimulus”), or things like patent reform or trade agreements you inherited from George W. Bush. If you don’t have a plan, but want to show you are the most reasonable man in the room, the Oval Office is not the right venue; you need a bigger room, and more people.It turned out what Obama had in mind was a speech he deemed important enough to pre-empt a Republican presidential debate but not a football game. Delayed a day, the time of the speech will be moved to avoid a conflict with the NFL opener. Score a trifecta for Obama: he helped publicize the Republican debate, lost another ill-considered battle with John Boehner, and will give a speech while most of the country is either at work, driving home, or eating dinner.Hmmmm……..Priorities?Read the full story here.