Search Box

Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2017

Quebec - Terrorist attack on mosque, perpetrators 2 students from Laval university

The Islamic cultural center of Québec was founded in 1985 at Laval University.

Quebec - Terrorist attack on mosque, perpetrators 2 students from Laval university. (DM).


Two names are circulating 'Bashir al-Taweed and Hassan Matti' but NO official conformation of the identity of the terrorists so far.

Update 2:

The man suspected of killing six people and wounding five others at a mosque in Quebec City on Sunday appeared in court Monday.

Alexandre Bissonnette, 27, was charged with six counts of first degree murder and five counts of attempted murder.


Police had reportedly taken two men into custody Sunday but Surete du Quebec said in a statement just after noon Monday the second person is considered a witness, but they did not offer any names. Media reports identified the “witness” as Mohamed Belkhadir.


Update:

Montreal Gazette is confirming the identity here. More info here and here (French).


Two students including one of 'Moroccan origin' have been arrested for the slaughter of six people at a Quebec mosque on Sunday which came a day after Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau condemned Donald Trump's Muslim travel ban.

Gunmen opened fire on worshipers as they prayed at Quebec City Islamic Cultural Center at around 8pm last night in an attack branded 'cowardly' and 'barbaric'.

Witnesses claimed the masked killers shouted 'Allahu Akbar' in what sounded like Quebecois accents as they went on the rampage, killing six and leaving eight injured.

Five people remain in a critical condition in intensive care at Quebec's Hôpital de l'Enfant-Jésus. Another 39 escaped unharmed.

Police have arrested two people with one said to be 'of Moroccan origin' and both understood to be students from Quebec's Université Laval.

One attack suspect was detained at the mosque and the other was caught after a chase that ended near l'île d'Orléans around 15 miles from the scene. There are reports this morning that one suspect called emergency services to 'confess to his crime' because he 'felt bad' about the atrocity and wanted to shoot himself.

According to Le Soleil, the 27-year-old's Mitsubishi was pursued towards Félix-Leclerc highway before he stopped the vehicle himself. He is said to have had at least one handgun and two weapons 'that resembled AK-47s' on his back seat. The same website says searches have since taken place at two addresses in the city. Read  the full story here. 

1 comment:

  1. Whelp, when do you think the mainstream will report the attackers are Islamic?

    CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, AP, Reuters, New York Times = FAKE NEWS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...