CNN Blatantly lies about FBI hate crime statistics falsely claim Muslims most targeted group. (CNN).
The latest FBI annual hate crime report shows a sharp spike in the number of hate crimes nationwide, with attacks against Muslims increasing the most sharply.
In one year, anti-Muslim hate crimes in the United States rose 67%, from 154 incidents in 2014 to 257 in 2015, according to the latest numbers released in the bureau's Hate Crime Statistics report on Monday.
In sheer numbers, anti-Jewish incidents (664) were higher in 2015, but the percentage increase was much higher for incidents involving Muslim victims.
"That is the highest number since 2001, when the al Qaeda attacks on New York and elsewhere drove the number to its highest ever level, 481 hate crimes," according to Mark Potok with the Southern Poverty Law Center.
@MFS001 That is proportions of crimes. Headline spoke to volume. 257 was 103 more than 2014 (154), an increase of 67% @ezralevant @CBC— Mark Goldberg (@Mark_Goldberg) November 16, 2016
Hi @ezralevant @MFS001, pls see underlined. Numbers are for "total" and "overall" hate crimes (targeting multiple groups), not just Muslims pic.twitter.com/7Q8V2lrl5X— Matt Kwong (@matt_kwong) November 16, 2016
- Compared to 2014 there is a 05,9 % rise in anti Muslim hate crimes in 2015.
- There were 664 anti-Semitic offences reported last year — the highest of any religious group and a rise of nine per cent compared to 2014 numbers.
The simple facts are:
1. Anti-Jewish religion hate crimes still is the Number One religious hate crime in the U.S.
2. The number of Anti-Jewish religion based hate crimes went up by 09 percent.
3. The number of Anti-Muslim religion based hate crimes went up by 05,9 percent.As usual the Jewish victims don't seem to be worthy of a headline.