Canadian Taxpayers Federation (CTF) Releases Ontario Pre-Budget Submissions. HT: Taxpayers. By Christine Van Geyn.
The CTF’s submission calls for an expedited and detailed approach to a balanced budget, without increasing the tax burden on the public. The CTF recommends:
- Reducing program spending and freezing public sector wages;
- Ending all spending on corporate welfare;
- An immediate moratorium on over-priced renewable power capacity;
- Boosting revenue by breaking up the government monopoly of the Liquor Control Board of Ontario.
- Halting plans for the proposed 3.8 percent payroll tax, the Ontario Retirement Pension Plan; (See pic at top of the post).
- Halting plans for a job killing and overly bureaucratic cap-and-trade carbon tax;
- Reversing recent income tax hikes and ensuring all tax brackets are indexed to inflation.
“Ontario was once an economic powerhouse, but with this government’s reckless spending and borrowing we have become a drain on the Canadian economy,” said Van Geyn. “By finally making the tough decisions that should have been made nearly a decade ago, the government can steer Ontario away from fiscal disaster.” Read the full story here.