Friday, March 2, 2012
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity situation Japan 5.2 ; China 5.1 !More info here.
- US Air Force chief says Iran attack plan in place.(JPost).Plans to attack Iran’s nuclear sites are in place, the US Air Force chief said on Wednesday night, in one of the clearest warnings yet issued to Tehran from Washington.“What we can do, you wouldn’t want to be in the area,” Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Norton Schwartz told reporters, according to Bloomberg.The report cited anonymous Pentagon officials as saying that the plans include the possibility of a joint US-Israeli effort, which could take the form of American aerial refueling assistance to Israeli fighter planes sent to strike targets in Iran.America’s bombing targets would go beyond nuclear sites, and include “the pillars of the clerical regime, including the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and its elite Quds Force, regular Iranian military bases and the Ministry of Intelligence and Security,” Bloomberg reported.Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, who recently warned Israel against a strike on Iran at this time, said on Wednesday that “there’s no group in America more determined to prevent Iran from achieving a nuclear weapon than the Joint Chiefs of Staff,” the report added.Dempsey denied advising Israel to hold off on an attack during comments he made this week. The denial came a week after he described an Israeli strike on Iran at this time as an “imprudent” and destabilizing move.Read the full story here.
- OBAMA'S CZARS With PICTURES and goals.(C4F).Do you wonder why the US is in the shape it is...???There are very few of us who know just what all of Obama's Czars do, as they quietly go about their "work" in the nation's capital. This listing of their names and job descriptions should be educational to all Americans, no matter what your political leaning. See who they are and realize what they want to do.Hmmmm......If he really wanted to destroy America as a superpower would he do anything different?Read and SEE the full story here.
- Good Grief… Now Team Obama Wants to Blow Up 3 Dams In the Name of Junk Science.(GP).Just when you thought things couldn’t get any weirder…The Obama Administration now wants to demolish three dams in northern California to supposedly save the salmon… But the whole reason to support the move was based on shoddy and inconclusive scientific data.Greenheads say the dams threaten salmon. They want the dams gone and Obama agrees.Now a scientist is challenging the junk science behind the decision.
The City Square reported:
Against intense local opposition, the Obama administration wants to demolish three dams on the Klamath River in Siskiyou County, California. Low-cost clean hydroelectricity as well as water for irrigation would be lost if the dams were removed. Removal of the dams would also cause chaos for ranchers, homeowners, and small business who live and work in the downstream of the dams. Despite this, Interior Secretary Ken Salazar has been trying to force dam removal for the supposed benefit of some salmon and steelhead spawning habitat.
Now, Prof. Paul R. Houser of George Mason University alleges that the administration’s plan is all based on junk science. In his role as science advisor to the Bureau of Reclamation, he was closely involved in the project. He has filed a formal complaint (PDF) alleging “intentional falsification” and “intentional . . . compromise of scientific and scholarly integrity.”Hmmm........What's next? Save the Unicorns?Read the full story here.
- U.S. activists, NGO workers leave Egypt, ending deepest row between Washington, Cairo.(AA).A plane carrying American pro-democracy campaigners and other activists left Egypt on Thursday after a travel ban was lifted, an airport official said, a move that is likely to defuse the deepest row between Washington and Cairo in decades.“They have left,” the airport official told Reuters, without giving further details. A U.S. military plane had been sent to Egypt to take them, airport officials had said earlier.Seventeen foreign democracy activists including nine Americans on trial in Egypt flew out of Cairo airport on Thursday, AFP reported citing airport sources, who added that they took off on board a private aircraft.U.S. State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said Washington was pleased the U.S. staffers had been permitted to depart, but underscored that it remained concerned about Egypt’s investigation into civil society groups.“We will continue to try to work through these issues with the Egyptian government,” Nuland told a news briefing.Along with the Americans, the foreign defendants on trial on charges of receiving illicit foreign funds are Norwegian, Serbian, German, Palestinian and Jordanian.The other foreign groups involved in the trial are the National Democratic Institute, Freedom House, the International Centre for Journalists -- all American -- and the German Konrad Adenauer Foundation.Egyptian court officials earlier said the U.S. paid bail for the Americans charged in the case of fomenting unrest in the country, according to The Associated Press. A convoy of white vans carrying the sign of U.S. Embassy arrived at Cairo airport earlier Thursday carrying the seven Americans, who include the son of U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood. They had sought refuge at the U.S. embassy, fearing arrest.Fayza Abul Naga, the international cooperation minister believed to have sparked the probe into the groups, told investigating judges that the NGOs were part of an American conspiracy to spread chaos in Egypt.On Thursday, she insisted that the trial would go on once a new judicial panel has been appointed.Read the full story here.
- Assad forces in control of Baba Amro; Arab League says fuelling violence will not help.(AA).Arab League chief Nabil al-Araby said on Thursday he was opposed to violence as a way to end the Syrian crisis after Gulf states called for arming the rebels seeking to oust President Bashar al-Assad, as government forces seized full control of the Baba Amro district in Homs after rebels pulled out “tactically.” As many as 42 people have been killed on Thursday by the fire of Syrian security forces, Al Arabiya reported citing activists at the Syrian Local Coordination Committees.Saudi Arabia and Qatar have led the Arab charge to isolate Syria, although other leading Arab states outside the Gulf such as Egypt, Algeria and Iraq have taken a more cautious approach.Kuwait’s parliament on Thursday joined calls for arms to be sent to Syrian rebels.“I am against using violence and the Arab League has no link to arming,” Secretary-General Nabil al-Araby told a news conference at the League headquarters in Cairo, according to Reuters.The League passed a resolution in February calling for Arabs to “provide all kinds of political and material support” to the opposition, a statement that Arab diplomats confirmed at the time could be interpreted as permitting arms shipments. However, they said some Arab states who backed the resolution opposed the idea of sending weapons, a move they saw as pushing Syria closer to civil war.Araby said he hoped for a ceasefire that would allow humanitarian aid to enter Syria, where protests flared up almost a year ago and were confronted by troops and heavy weaponry.“What is happening in Syria, the abuses, killings and sometimes starvation, is a very bad situation,” he said. “We hope that this stops so that it doesn't turn into a civil war.”The Syrian foreign ministry said it was willing to discuss a date for a visit by U.N. humanitarian chief Valerie Amos, after her announcement on Wednesday that she had been turned away prompted an outcry.Amos had “requested to come to Syria at a time that was not suitable for us. We are willing to continue discussions with her about a time suitable for both sides,” a ministry statement said.Russia on Thursday strongly urged Damascus to allow Amos into the country to assess the situation in Homs.U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, Susan Rice, had said it was “shameful that Assad has denied access” to the U.N. humanitarian chief at a time when his troops were intensifying their attacks on protest cities such as Homs.Hmmmm.......Assad Hillary's "Reformer".Read the full story here.
- Blanket of snow covers Jerusalem.(YNet).After two years of disappointment, snow has finally hit Jerusalem on Friday, as residents woke up to a white city. The snow is expected to continue falling throughout the morning, after four centimeters (1.575 inches) of snowfall have already piled up in the streets of Israel's capital. Schools and public transportation across the city have been shut down, including intercity bus routes to Jerusalem. Police officials have instructed to halt any public buses making their way from Tel Aviv to the capital, except for buses coming in from northern Israel.Around 4 am Friday morning snow began to fall in the French Hill, Gilo and the Western Wall, as it spread across the city. Some 50 snowplows, sodium chloride (rock salt) and other deicing equipment were on standby, prepared by the Jerusalem municipality. Heavy snow also fell in Gush Etzion, as the local council announced schools will be shutdown due to the harsh weather conditions. Police closed off all the roads in the area. Read the full story here.
Egyptian Cleric Hazem Shuman Calls to Spread Islam to South America: "They Are Ready for Islam. They Hate the Jews and America Just Like Us"
Hazem Shuman: We need men who will spread Islam in Africa and South America. There are 19 Spanish-speaking countries in South America, which nobody takes into consideration. They are ready for Islam. They hate the Jews and America just like us. They are ready. They are fertile for Islam. Source Memri.
Another one bites the dust - Stimulus-Backed Company 'Abound Solar' Lays Off 70 Percent of Workforce.(Heritage).
President Obama used a weekly address in July 2010 to tout his stimulus package’s support for the solar industry. One of the companies he mentioned specifically, Abound Solar, just announced that it will lay off 70 percent of its workforce.
Abound would “creat[e] more than 2,000 construction jobs and 1,500 permanent jobs,” Obama claimed, and would be integral to the administration’s quest to “create whole new industries and hundreds of thousands of new jobs in America.”
But a year and a half later, the company’s staff numbers only 120. It announced Tuesday that it would lay off 180 full time and 100 part time employees, halt solar panel production, and delay the construction of a manufacturing plant in Indiana
Abound received a $400 million loan guarantee under the Energy Department’s Section 1705 renewable energy loan program, which also gave a $535 million guarantee to now-bankrupt Solyndra. Abound has drawn $70 million of its loan guarantee, and won’t be able to draw any more until it resumes production.
Steve Abely, the company’s chief financial officer, rejected comparisons between Abound and Solyndra. “Solyndra cells were never cost competitive,” he insisted. “We are competitive.”Hmmmm........These guys were competitive also, perhaps we should bring them back?Read the full story here.
“The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.” ~ Proverbs 29:7.
Obama Makes Fifth Attempt to Reduce Charitable Tax Deduction.(Heritage).
Once again, President Barack Obama has proposed lowering the income tax deduction for charitable giving. In his proposed budget for fiscal year 2013, the President calls for reducing the charitable deduction rate from 35 percent to 28 percent for those in the top tax bracket (individuals making $200,000 or more or families making $250,000 or more). By decreasing the value of itemized tax deductions for higher-income taxpayers, Obama’s proposal would weaken the incentive for the wealthy to give to organizations that help the poor.
President Obama has tried this before. Not once, not twice, not three times, but on four previous occasions, he has put forward a plan to lower the deduction rate for wealthy donors (twice in previous budget proposals and twice in funding proposals for other priorities, including Obamacare).
As The Heritage Foundation has previously noted, the President’s plan would likely dampen charitable giving at a time when nonprofits have been forced to do more with less. The greatest impact would probably hit organizations like hospitals and educational institutions that depend on large gifts from wealthy donors. While these donors make up only a small percentage of total American households, they contribute almost half of the donations claimed each year as charitable deductions.
How far would Obama’s proposal cause total itemized contributions to fall? Experts predict up to $5.6 billion each year. This is only a small percentage of total annual charitable donations, but it is more than the annual operating budgets of the American Cancer Society, World Vision, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Habitat for Humanity, and the American Heart Association combined.
This proposed tax change was wrong when we wrote about it before, and it is wrong now. The tax deduction for charitable giving not only incentivizes giving to organizations that serve the needy but also allows citizens to control more of their own money, from which they can potentially donate more to charity. Sadly, President Obama seems to believe that federal government bureaucracy can deploy the resources of the wealthy more effectively than nonprofit, civil society organizations.
If enacted, the President’s proposal would harm charitable organizations while moving the dial of social responsibility one more notch in the direction of the state. Sadly, many of these nonprofit organizations are the same charities whose religious liberty is under attack by Obamacare’s anti-conscience mandate. As Yuval Levin of the Ethics and Public Policy Center points out in a video produced by Heritage, President Obama has engaged in a pattern of weakening the status and identity of civil society institutions. The result: Citizens will have far fewer options for help and, ultimately, less freedom.
Hmmmm.......During His mortal ministry, Jesus Christ was asked which commandment was the greatest or most important. He answered, “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.” (Matthew 22:37-40). Read the full story here.
Stratfor emails leaked by WikiLeaks: "Analysts Didn't Believe Bin Laden Was Buried At Sea".
(BI).Stratfor analysts did not believe that Osama bin Laden was buried at sea, according to Stratfor emails leaked by WikiLeaks.
At 5:26 a.m. on May 2, the morning after Barack Obama announced the successful raid on bin Laden's Abbottabad compound, Stratfor CEO George Friedman sent an email with the subject "[alpha] OBL" that said:
Reportedly, we took the body with us. Thank goodness.
Fred Burton, Stratfor's vice president for intelligence, followed that up at 5:51 a.m. with an email titled "[alpha] Body bound for Dover, DE on CIA plane" that said:
Than [sic] onward to the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology in Bethesda.
At 1:36 p.m. Burton replied to a thread named "Re: OBL's corpse" with the message:
Body is Dover bound, should be here by now.
That contradicts the official story that bin Laden's body was handled in accordance with Islamic tradition and released into the sea from a U.S. Navy vessel.
Burial at sea is rare in Islam, though several Muslim websites say it is permitted in certain circumstances.
One is on a long voyage where the body may decay before the ship reaches land. The other is if there is a risk of enemies digging up a land grave and exhuming or mutilating the body – a rule that could plausibly be applied in Bin Laden's case.
For sea burial, according to alislam.org, the body should be lowered into the water "in a vessel of clay or with a weight tied to its feet". The website adds: "As far as possible it should not be lowered at a point where it is eaten up immediately by the sea predators."Hmmmm.......Please do not 'raise' him from the dead' for the 2012 Campaign.Read the full story here.
Egypt NGO trial or money making racket?(BM).CAIRO: The decision to lift a travel ban on seven US nationals facing trial as part of an NGO crackdown in Egypt is a welcome step but it does not go far enough, Amnesty International told Bikyamasr.com.
The organization has called for the charges based on the repressive NGO law against those on trial to be dropped, and for the authorities to end their attacks on civil society.
The seven are part of a group of 43 people – all but 14 of whom are foreign nationals – currently on trial for allegedly breaching Egypt’s Law on Associations.
Travel bans reportedly remain in effect for others connected to the investigation and there are fears that this case is being used as a prelude to a wider assault on Egyptian human rights organizations. Other foreign nationals are also reportedly under a travel ban in relation to a different case.
“The Egyptian authorities must not use this heavily publicized case to distract international attention from the situation faced by human rights organizations in the Egypt,” said Hassiba Hadj Sahraoui, Deputy Director for the Middle East and North Africa at Amnesty International.
“When the international attention is gone, human rights activists in Egypt will bear the brunt of this offensive, both in court, and under the threat of an even more repressive Law on Associations.”
When announcing that the travel ban would be lifted, the court of appeals judge set bail for the US nationals at two million Egyptian pounds (US$332,000). In response to the prosecution of US nationals, US authorities were considering freezing US$1.3 billion in annual military aid to Egypt.
In addition to the seven US nationals covered by the latest measure – nine out of 16 left Egypt prior to the travel ban – those on trial include Egyptians, Serbs, Norwegians and Germans. Palestinians and Jordanians are also believed to have been charged.
All work for NGOs based in the USA and Germany, either witnessing Egypt’s parliamentary elections with the consent of the authorities, or conducting training on political participation.
Amnesty International observed the trial’s opening session at the North Cairo Criminal Court on Sunday, which was only attended by the 14 Egyptian defendants.
Among the charges leveled against the workers is that, contrary to restrictions in Egypt’s strict legislation on associations, their organizations accepted foreign funding and worked illegally in the country. At least three of the organizations are known to have formally requested registration with the Egyptian authorities.
Egypt’s Law on Associations (Law 84 of 2002) has been repeatedly criticized by UN treaty bodies and human rights experts.Findings of a government investigation leaked in September 2011 named several human rights organizations as breaching laws on registration and foreign funding. This year, at least two members of human rights organizations have reported being interrogated about their organizations’ activities.
The Egyptian authorities are also pushing through a draft law that would introduce even greater curbs on the activities of civil society.
The new draft would give the authorities broad powers to decide whether an organization’s activities are acceptable, while maintaining strict rules on funding, and tightening registration restrictions.
Breaking the law would be punishable by up to a year’s imprisonment and fines running to thousands of Egyptian pounds.“The Egyptian authorities must scrap this draft law, which goes above and beyond the already repressive Law on Associations, and ensure all legislation upholds the right to freedom of association,” said Hassiba Hadj Sahraoui.Hmmmm.......See the Pyramides.....make bail, $ 1,57 Billion aid and 125 Abrams Battle tanks.'and say goodbye to this bail money.Read the full story here.
Disney shuts down “Fat Camp” exhibit amid complaints,....could Disneyland become 'Obamaland'?(Yahoo).Disney World can be the happiest place on earth…as long as your kids are thin.
Disney closed down a three-week-old anti-obesity attraction at its Florida theme park after angry parents, doctors and obesity experts said it was "horrifying" and insensitive."The exhibit dumbed down childhood obesity to a choice," says Dr. Yoni Freedhoff, a family doctor and founder of Ottawa's Bariatric Medical Institute. "As if kids, or adults, go to bed at night thinking hot damn, I'm going to be lazy and gluttonous rather than active and healthy."
Freedhoff says Disney was right to close Habit Heroes for retooling and suggested that the company—whose theme parks sell hot dogs, ice cream and other calorie-laden treats for pint-sized visitors—could do a lot more to help kids live healthier lives.
He proposed the company "start by taking a corporate stand and loudly and proudly put an end to their practice of licensing their beloved cartoon characters to sell nutritionally bankrupt food to children."
The exhibit, called "Habit Heroes" and housed at Epcot Center, was co-sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield. Inside the 4,700-square-foot space, kids worked with protagonists Will Power and Callie Stenics to fight bad habits, personified as grotesquely obese villains with names like The Glutton, Lead Bottom and The Snacker.
In one room, kids wielded guns that shot broccoli and apples, aiming to knock out cream puffs and hot dogs. In another, they pressure Lead Bottom into dancing to help him lose weight, according to the Orlando Sentinel.A second problem with Habit Heroes is that the exhibit could make it seem like children are solely to blame for their weight, says Dr. Frank Pasztor, director of the Children's Fitness Centres of Canada. "I'm completely against that," he says, explaining that it's up to parents to set the guidelines for their kids and show them how to lead a healthy life.
Wow Disney, way to completely ruin a kid’s day at the park.It was meant as a fun escape and now they have turned it into Michelle Obama’s personal amusement park.Makes you wonder what Michelle and Barack eat at Disney World.Read the full story here.
Justin Bieber's new birthday 'TOY' - A Fisker Karma Car Costs $112,000, but Costs Taxpayers $529,000,000.
Justin Bieber's new 'TOY' A Fisker Karma Car Costs $112,000, but Costs Taxpayers $529,000,000.(IH).(PJM).Pop singer Justin Bieber turns 18 today and to celebrate his birthday, he’ll be presented with the car of his dreams on the Ellen DeGeneres Show. So why are we so excited about this? Well because Bieber’s fantasy car isn’t a Ferrari or top of the line Mercedes-Benz – it’s the recently released Fisker Karma plug-in hybrid luxury sports sedan!
The car will be presented to Bieber by his manager, Scooter Braun who told him,”You work really really hard. I always yell at you, ‘Don’t get anything flashy!’ You know, we’re not about that. Be humble, be humble. And I kind of broke my own rule.”
Braun also stated, “We wanted to make sure, since you love cars, that when you’re on the road you are always environmentally friendly. And we decided to get you a car that would make you stand out.”
Somehow there are people who have a different view on how " Green Design Will Save the World".
(PJM).Recently, I attended an event where a new 2012 Fisker Karma sports car was on display. Up until this time I had never heard of a Fisker Karma and after looking at the price tag I know why. It was a shocking $112,000.
The Fisker Karma, manufactured by Fisker Automotive, looks like it should have a starring role in a Mission Impossible movie.
It is a sleek cutting edge masterpiece of Finnish manufacturing.Apparently sales have been brisk. Great news I say! After all, this is America where an awesome car made in Finland equals a new status toy for the one percent… or in this case more like the one half of one percent.
As I was ogling the car, my friend told me the Fisker company received a US government loan to help with the design of the car’s electric battery.
It turns out the Fisker Karma is a “green” electric car and part of Obama’s energy/manufacturing plan to lead our nation out of the “Great Recession.”
Fisker Automotive, a California based company with an Al Gore venture capital firm connection was given a $529 million loan from the Department of Energy to provide manufacturing jobs and produce these high-tech electric cars.
But there is only one problem — the cars are built in Finland.
Here is the answer provided by Fisker Automotive company founder Henri Fisker. “There was no contract manufacturer in the U.S. that could actually produce our vehicle,” he told ABC News, “They don’t exist here.”
Given the dismal state of U.S. manufacturing, Fisker’s statement does not surprise me. But what does surprise and infuriate me is $529 million of our hard earned tax money went into building this lavish product that only one half of one percent of our population could ever dream of driving.
Tuesday night when President Obama gave his State of the Union message he conveniently forgot to include this tawdry tale of economic excellence in his “America is Back” themed speech.
Obama-nomics means the smallest fraction of the population — the same ones Obama says need to pay more taxes — now have the opportunity to pay $112,000 for sporty new set of electric wheels. Meanwhile, the rest of us already paid $529 million for a car we have never heard of, let alone can afford, while the Fins got the jobs.Hmmmm.......'Cheap' advertising ...."Leanardo Di Caprio and Justin Bieber".Read the full story here.
Dutch MP: " We must be crazy to want for Turkey to enter EU ".(NA).ISTANBUL. - In an interview with Hurriyet daily of Turkey, Dutch MP Barry Madlener, who attended an international conference in Istanbul, yet again stressed that Turkey has no place in the European Union.
He noted that Turkey is a Muslim country, and many Dutch do not feel safe because of the thousands of Muslims living in the Netherlands. He added that the immigrants have contributed to the escalation of crime in the country.
In Barry Madlener’s words, Turkey is not a democratic country, since the criticizing of Islam is banned and journalists are arrested there. “We must be crazy to want for Turkey to enter the European Union,” the Dutch MP concluded.
Read the full story here.
Wounded French journalist Edith Bouvier arrived in Lebanon.(AA).Wounded French journalist Edith Bouvier arrived in Lebanon, Al Arabiya reported on Thursday citing unnamed sources.
French President Nicholas Sarkozy confirmed the report by saying that journalists Edith Bouvier and William Daniels were out of Syria and they were safe in Lebanon.
Sarkozy said that he had spoken to Bouvier, who will be repatriated in a French government plane.
There were conflicting reports about Bouvier’s fate, especially after the Syrian army attacked the besieged Baba Amro district in Homs.
Unconfirmed reports said that her convoy was targeted by the Syrian forces on the way to the Syrian-Lebanese borders. Al Arabiya sources confirmed that al-Farouk brigade managed to evacuate Bouvier and smuggle her safely to the Lebanese borders.
Bouvier and French photographer William Daniels had been among a group of journalists trapped in Baba Amro. Read the full story here.
Turkey says Russia, Iran will soon join efforts for removal of Assad.(TZ).Turkish President Abdullah Gül said on Thursday Russia and Iran would soon realize they had little choice but to join international diplomatic efforts for the removal of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
He acknowledged, however, the divisions in the Syrian opposition and its lack of preparedness to take power, saying it must create a structure that embraces all segments of society.
"This transformation will no doubt take time."Turkey has been in the forefront of fostering the Syrian opposition since abandoning its long-time ally Assad over his violent crackdown on protests. The opposition Syrian National Council meets in İstanbul and the 'Free Syrian Army' operates from Turkish soil on the Syrian border. Turkey and Western and Arab allies were angered by Russia's vetoing, along with China, of a United Nations Security Council resolution condemning Assad's use of force, which has intensified in past days with a siege against the city of Homs. "We have to wait and see how long Russia will be able to take upon itself the burden of this regime," he told Reuters in an interview. "In my opinion, it won't be very long. "In the time of the Cold War, such things happened in a very closed environment. However, today developments take place in the open. "I think in time Russia will see its support has been abused by the Syrian regime. They will recognise this fact when they see the heavy weapons being used against the people in Syria. That is not very tolerable, not even for Russia," he said. Russia has continued to supply arms to Syria as protests have grown, with the formation of rebel military units, into something approaching civil war. Gül said Ankara was talking to Iran, a close ally of Assad, in an effort to persuade it to accept the inevitable and back diplomatic action against Assad. "Even Iran doesn't have the power to make water run uphill ... And if the worse scenario were to come true, it is not possible that Iran could not feel any responsibility for that. It will be responsible." He said Russian and Iran should be persuaded by the international community and countries of the region to persuade the Syrian government to accept reality and stop the crackdown. He cited the 'Yemeni Model' as the most reasonable option as a way out for Assad.Hmmmm.....As i said yesterday Russia might give up on Syria for a 'get out of jail' card for Iran.Read the full story here.
Updated - Team Breitbart To Release Damaging, Potentially Election-Changing Obama Tapes In 7-10 Days – With Video. Source Pat Dollard.
Second Update : HT: BLN. Flashback Sinclair news : Andrew said on Feb 9, 2012 in Washington, DC “wait til they see what happens March first.”.
Arizona’s Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio: " 'Probable cause' Obama certificate a fraud.".(WND).“President Barack Obama’s long-form birth certificate released by the White House on April 27, 2011, is suspected to be a computer-generated forgery, not a scan of an original 1961 paper document as represented by the White House when the long-form birth certificate was made public,” Arizona’s Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said at a press conference today in Phoenix.
This is the major preliminary finding of a six-month ongoing Sheriff’s Cold Case Posse law enforcement investigation into the authenticity of Obama’s birth certificate and his eligibility to be president.
Having developed probable cause to believe the long-form birth certificate was most likely a computer-generated forgery, investigators began examining other evidence of President Obama’s life history.
Investigators additionally have developed credible evidence suggesting:
• President Obama’s Selective Service card was most likely a forgery, revealed by an examination of the postal date stamp on the document;
• Records of Immigration and Naturalization Service cards filled out by airplane passengers arriving on international flights originating outside the United States in the month of August 1961, examined at the National Archives in Washington, D.C., are missing records for the week of President Obama’s birth, including the dates Aug. 1, 1961 through Aug. 7, 1961.
Beginning in October 2011, the Sheriff’s Cold Case Posse, consisting of former law enforcement officers and lawyers with law enforcement experience, examined dozens of witnesses and hundreds of documents, as well as taking numerous sworn statements from witnesses around the world.
In August 2011, 250 members of the Surprise, Arizona, Tea Party, residents of Maricopa County, presented a signed petition asking Sheriff Arpaio to undertake the investigation.
The Tea Party members petitioned under the premise that if a forged birth certificate was utilized to obtain a position for Barack Obama on the 2012 Arizona presidential ballot, their rights as Maricopa County voters could be compromised.
The Cold Case investigators further determined that the Hawaii Department of Health has engaged in what Sheriff’s investigators believe is a systematic effort to hide from public inspection whatever original 1961 birth records the Hawaii Department of Health may have in their possession.
“Officers of the Hawaii Department of Health and various elected Hawaiian public officials may have intentionally obscured 1961 birth records and procedures, to avoid having to release to public inspection and to the examination of court-authorized forensic examiners any original Obama 1961 birth records the Hawaii Department of Health may or may not have,” said Mike Zullo, the lead investigator in Sheriff Arpaio’s Cold Case Posse.
The Cold Case investigators have not yet determined who, when, or precisely how the long-form computer-generated birth certificate released on April 27 may have been forged, but investigators say the evidence contained in the computer-generated PDF file released by the White House as well as important deficiencies in the Hawaii process of certifying the long-form birth certificate establish probable cause that a forgery has been committed.
The Cold Case Posse investigators advised Sheriff Arpaio that the forgers most likely committed two crimes: first, in fraudulently creating a forgery that the White House characterized, knowingly or unknowingly, as an officially produced governmental birth record;
and second, in fraudulently presenting to the residents of Maricopa County and to the American public at large a forgery the White House represented as “proof positive” of President Obama’s authentic 1961 Hawaii long-form birth certificate.
“A continuing investigation is needed to identify the identity of the person or persons involved in creating the alleged birth certificate forgery, and to determine who, if anyone, in the White House or the state of Hawaii may have authorized the forgery,” Arpaio said.
Among the evidence released at the press conference were five videos the Cold Case Posse produced to demonstrate why the Obama long-form birth certificate is suspected to be a computer-generated forgery.
The videos consisted of step-by-step computer demonstrations using a control document.
The videos were designed to display the testing used by the investigators to examine various claims made by supporters of the April 27 document.
The videos illustrate point-by-point the investigators’ conclusion that the features and anomalies observed on the Obama long-form birth certificate were inconsistent with features produced when a paper document is scanned, even if the scan of the paper document had been enhanced by Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and optimized.
Additionally, the videos demonstrated that the Hawaii Department of Health Registrar’s name stamp and the Registrar’s date stamp were computer-generated images imported into an electronic document, as opposed to actual rubber stamp imprints inked by hand or machine onto a paper document.
“That we were able to cast reasonable suspicions on the authenticity of the Registrar stamps was especially disturbing, since these stamp imprints are designed to provide government authentication to the document itself,” Zullo said, stressing that if the Registrar stamps are forgeries, the document itself is likely a forgery.
The investigators also chronicled a series of inconsistent and misleading representations that various Hawaii government officials have made over the past five years regarding what, if any, original birth records are held by the Hawaii Department of Health.
“As I said at the beginning of the investigation,” Arpaio said, “the president can put all this to rest quite easily. All he has to do is demand the Hawaii Department of Health release to the American public and to a panel of certified court-authorized forensic examiners all original 1961 paper, microfilm, and computer birth records the Hawaii Department of Health has in its possession.”
Arpaio further stressed the Hawaii Department of Health needs to provide, as part of the full disclosure, evidence regarding the chain of custody of all Obama birth records, including paper, microfilm, and electronic records, in order to eliminate the possibility that a forger or forgers may have tampered with the birth records.
Arpaio went on to say the President should also authorize Kapiolani Hospital, the birth hospital listed on the Obama long-form birth certificate, to release any and all hospital patient records for Stanley Ann Dunham Obama, his mother, and for the newly born Barack Obama, in order to provide additional corroboration for the original 1961 birth records held in the Hawaii Department of Health vault.
“Absent the authentic Hawaii Department of Health 1961 birth records for Barack Obama, there is no other credible proof supporting the idea or belief that President Barack Obama was born in Hawaii, as he and the White House have consistently asserted,” Zullo said.
“In fact, absent the authentication of Hawaii Department of Health 1961 birth records for Barack Obama, there is no other proof he was born anywhere within the United States.”
Arpaio concluded the press conference by suggesting a congressional investigation might be warranted and asked that any other law enforcement agency with information referencing this investigation be forwarded to his office.Read the full story here.Video of conference here.
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Andrew Breitbart dead at 43.(Fox).Widely read conservative Internet publisher Andrew Breitbart has died, his attorney confirms.
The websites he founded ran a statement Thursday morning announcing that Breitbart, 43, died "unexpectedly from natural causes" in Los Angeles shortly after midnight.
"We have lost a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a dear friend, a patriot and a happy warrior," the statement said. "Andrew lived boldly, so that we more timid souls would dare to live freely and fully, and fight for the fragile liberty he showed us how to love."Breitbart was a prolific commentator who founded several websites devoted to covering politics, entertainment and everything in between. Earlier in his career, he worked for the Drudge Report before breaking off to start his own outlets -- including Big Government, Big Hollywood and Breitbart.tv. The statement on his sites quoted the concluding passage from his book, Righteous Indignation.
"I love my job. I love fighting for what I believe in. I love having fun while doing it. I love reporting stories that the Complex refuses to report. I love fighting back, I love finding allies, and-famously-I enjoy making enemies. Three years ago, I was mostly a behind-the-scenes guy who linked to stuff on a very popular website. I always wondered what it would be like to enter the public realm to fight for what I believe in. I've lost friends, perhaps dozens. But I've gained hundreds, thousands -- who knows? -- of allies. At the end of the day, I can look at myself in the mirror, and I sleep very well at night," he wrote.
The statement ended: "Andrew is at rest, yet the happy warrior lives on, in each of us."
Breitbart was walking near his house in the Brentwood neighborhood shortly after midnight Thursday when he collapsed, his father-in-law Orson Bean said.
Someone saw him fall and called paramedics, who tried to revive him. They rushed him to the emergency room at UCLA Medical Center, Bean said. Breitbart had suffered heart problems a year earlier, but Bean said he could not pinpoint what happened.Those who knew and worked with him described Breitbart almost uniformly as "fearless," sharply intelligent, witty and devoted to his work.
"He was the modern conservative iteration of a 1960s radical," conservative commentator Jonah Goldberg told Fox News, minutes after Breitbart's death was reported.
"When I say he was the most fearless guy I ever knew, it really is true. I mean, he truly loved the fight," he said. News of Breitbart's death reverberated on Capitol Hill and on the presidential campaign trail. Rick Santorum said he was "crestfallen."
"What a powerful force," Santorum said. "What a huge loss, in my opinion, for our country and certainly for the conservative movement."
Breitbart is survived by his wife Susannah Bean Breitbart, 41, and four children.Source.
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity situation Japan 5.0 ; Vanuatu 5.0 !More info here.
- Ron Paul, Barack Obama, and Hillary Clinton in agreement over Apology for Qur'an Burning.(BN).Ron Paul is really courting that Muslim vote. I no sooner posted the link to the Big Peace article in which his campaign volunteers posted a flyer in Arabic that touted him as the candidate who would cut-off aid to Israel, when I noticed this.He is in agreement with the apology Obama issued to Hamid Karzai over the Qur'an burnings. He expressed this sentiment while questioning Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at a House Foreign Affairs Committee hearing.Via the National Journal: Bringing up the scandal provoked by a viral video depicting American Marines urinating on Taliban corpses, Paul voiced his overall opposition to the war that created thousands of refugees in the country."Does it ever get to the point where apologizing about the Koran is rather minor, considering some of the other problems we have created in [Afghanistan]?" Paul asked.Clinton said she appreciated Paul's measured comments about Obama and other presidents offering apologies "when we are deeply sorry for unfortunate incidents that occur, that were not intentional, and which we know have emotional resonance with people."The premise a vast majority of the Pauliens operate from is one that says the U.S. Government (not Islamic terrorists) is responsible for the 9/11 attacks. As such, the inclination is to believe that the former is a greater threat than the latter. By their own admission, the Pauliens will tell you that the Islamic threat is overrated.Again, the only way these comments by Paul are not viewed as out of bounds is if you believe the government is worse than the terrorists.The 9/11 Truth crowd has found that the springboard for its conspiratorial beliefs is placing them in the camp of America's true enemies.Apparently, as an added bonus, the more Paul talks like this, the more he garners Muslim / anti-Semitic votes.Read the full story here.
- Judicial Watch Files Brief with U.S. Supreme Court Challenging Constitutionality of Obamacare.(BG).On February 13, 2012, Judicial Watch filed an amicus curiae brief with the High Court challenging the constitutionality of Obamacare, specifically the “individual mandate.” The Supreme Court has scheduled oral arguments for the Obamacare case on March 26, 27, and 28, 2012.The brief maintains that the “individual mandate” provision of Obamacare, which requires every American citizen to purchase health care insurance or pay a penalty, is unconstitutional – whether considered under Congress’ commerce power or taxing power: Petitioners are trying to defend a provision in an act passed by Congress that exceeds its enumerated powers. Though Congress enacted this provision under the Commerce Clause, Congress’ power under the clause is not broad enough to compel Americans to engage in commerce by purchasing a particular product. Though Petitioners try to rescue the provision by arguing that it is valid under Congress’ taxing power even if it is invalid under Congress’ commerce power, a provision of an act that is not a tax may not be construed as a tax merely to save it from being declared unconstitutional.Judicial Watch lawyers point out that if the Supreme Court affirms the constitutionality of the individual mandate, “it must be willing to hold that Congress’ powers under the Commerce clause are plenary and unlimited, for there remains no principled way to limit Congress’ power if it is stretched as far as Petitioners [the Obama administration] ask.”Florida federal district judge Roger Vinson perhaps put it more colorfully when he struck down the law in its entirety last year. If the government can force American taxpayers to buy health insurance, it can also force them to decide “whether and when (or not) to buy a house, a car, a television, a dinner or even a morning cup of coffee.”The Judicial Watch amicus was filed in support of a challenge to Obamacare by Florida and 25 other states.Demonstrating the importance of the legal battle over Obamacare, the Supreme Court will hear five-and-a-half hours of oral argument, a rare allotment of time in the court’s modern era. (The standard is one hour.) The Supreme Court’s scrutiny will focus on the constitutionality of the Obamacare individual mandate. However, the court will also consider whether other components of Obamacare could take effect even if the individual mandate is ruled unconstitutional, among other issues.In a December 14, 2010, editorial published in The Washington Post, Attorney General Eric Holder and Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius argued that the individual mandate is essential to Obamacare: “Without an individual responsibility provision (or mandate), controlling costs and ending discrimination against people with preexisting conditions doesn’t work.”In other words, not even the Obama administration itself believes the law can survive if the individual mandate is struck down.Judicial Watch has been extremely active in the Obamacare debate right from the beginning. It has fought for transparency over the Obamacare waivers, ultimately discovering that Big Labor was taking in a disproportionate haul. It has exposed the Obama administration’s taxpayer-funded, multi-media propaganda campaign featuring television actor Andy Griffith.Judicial Watch has also fought for records detailing Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan’s involvement in any Obamacare defense discussions when she served as Obama’s Solicitor General. (It uncovered documents that raised questions about her role, causing a national uproar about her continued involvement in the High Court’s Obamacare deliberations.)The time has come for the Supreme Court to put an end to Obamacare once and for all. The President’s socialist healthcare overhaul is an affront to the U.S. Constitution’s provisions for limited government and, as you can see with the anti-religion Obamacare contraception mandate, a fundamental threat to our God-given freedoms.Read the full story here.
- Obama Slashes Soldiers’ Benefits to Pay Back Healthcare Industry Donors,(BG).The Tea Party hit its stride in the summer of 2009 when concerned citizens showed up to town halls across the United States to protest the healthcare takeover law being considered in Congress. The people rightly felt that the bill’s labyrinthine and onerous regulations were corrupt and designed to increase the power of the government, line the pockets of shortsighted insurance companies, and squeeze as much blood from the country’s taxpayer turnip as possible.Just when America believed the US government health scandal couldn’t get worse, President Obama’s handlers go one step further—increasing service members’ and veterans’ medical premiums. This move is designed to push service members and veterans to opt out of Tricare and find a new insurance provider.President Obama’s new medical proposal seeks to save $1.8 billion from the Tricare medical system in the fiscal 2013 budget and $12.9 billion by 2017, the latter amount adding up to 0.99% of the $1.3 trillion deficit for a single year built into Obama’s proposed budget. To accomplish this spending reduction, service members should expect a 30% to 78% increase in Tricare annual premiums for the first year. In five years, service members will expect an increase ranging from 94% to 345%.The average annual salary for a four year single enlistee is approximately $34k. If that service member were married with dependents, the salary increases to approximately $42k. Are those numbers enough to make any sane person want to enlist today, knowing they will likely ship off to some foreign land to fight a losing war like that in Afghanistan? Are those numbers enough to justify risking one’s life–enough to afford an increased medical premium that could be raised by 78% just this year or 345% by the time their initial enlistment is over?Make no mistake; the President is downsizing our military, and this new military medical initiative is one sure way he will see volunteers leave the military knowing their benefits are jeopardized. At a time when Iran threatens the free world, Afghanistan’s violence is on a rise, and North Korea remains unstable, is now the time to play with our service members’ well-being?President Obama has taken an unprecedented action, crippling the livelihoods of our most worthy federal employees–our troops. And it’s easy to see who’s pushing for this change–the very elements that pushed for Obamacare and the recent contraception scandal, the political donors who represent America’s health industry.Our service members should never have to worry about their benefits, but today they do. They selflessly volunteer to place themselves in harm’s way believing in service before self. America must stand up for these warriors and vehemently oppose President Obama and his health industry puppet masters. They have finally crossed the line.Read the full story here.
- Obama Cedes Terror Cases to Civilian Law Enforcement.(BP).From the Wall Street Journal: President Barack Obama issued an order Tuesday giving civilian investigators broad power to handle the cases of U.S. terrorism suspects despite a law passed late last year favoring military custody.The decision is likely to raise hackles among lawmakers who included the provision in the National Defense Authorization Act, and it could provide an election-year issue for Republicans.Mr. Obama signed the bill under protest Dec. 31 and attached a statement saying he intended to disregard portions interfering with his presidential powers.The law requires military detention for non-U.S. citizens accused of planning or carrying out an attack for al Qaeda and associated groups. At the White House’s insistence, it included discretion for the president to waive the requirement if necessary to avoid disrupting terrorism probes led by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.Tuesday’s order takes advantage of that discretion to the fullest, preserving for the FBI and other civilian authorities the leading role in handling terrorism arrests in the U.S. Military detention would be an option in limited cases, largely at the discretion of the attorney general and federal investigators.Mr. Obama’s interpretation of the waiver authority is likely to clash with the wishes of the bipartisan group of lawmakers who pushed the military-custody provision.Republican proponents of the military-detention provision said they would hold a Senate hearing, because they believe the president’s order might violate the spirit of the law. Sens. John McCain of Arizona, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire issued a statement saying they were “concerned that some of these regulations may contradict the intent of the detainee provisions” in the defense bill.Mr. Obama has also come under fire from civil libertarians who said the law could pave the way for the indefinite military detention without trial of U.S. citizens on U.S. soil. Such criticism came both from right-leaning tea-party supporters and groups on the left.Jameel Jaffer, deputy legal director for the American Civil Liberties Union, said the president should have vetoed the law, as signing it “turns the practice of indefinite military detention into a permanent part of American law.”Read the full story here.
- 'Missiles on Israel preferable to nuclear Iran'.(YNet).The mathematics of war: A missile salvo on the greater Tel Aviv area, thousand of rockets fired at northern Israel, terror attacks against Israeli targets overseas, scores of Israeli casualties and countless others in bomb shelters – that is how a former top Israeli official described Iran's possible reaction to an Israeli strike on its nuclear facilities. According to a Thursday report in Yedioth Ahronoth, the former official – speaking anonymously with the New York Times – detailed the formula by which Israel assessed the magnitude of Tehran's response: "1991 + 2006 + Buenos Aires, times three-to-five."In other words: The combined result of Saddam Hussein's missile attack on Israel in 1991, Hezbollah's missiles attacks on Israel during the 2006 Second Lebanon War and the terror attacks in Argentina's capital in the early 1990s – times three.These attacks claimed the lives of hundreds of Israelis and Jews and the damage to the Israeli economy amounted to billions of dollars. "Forty missiles fired at Israel are no small matter – but it's better that a nuclear Iran," he said. The New York Times said that the assessment is based on the premise that while Iran would aspire to meet any strike with force, it would prefer not to ignite a regional war. US defense experts, however, qualified the statement, saying the West's ability to accurately predict Iran's moves was limited. Washington, the report said, believes that a strike on the Islamic Republic would result in a missile barrage on Israel; but it also believes that Iran would try to somehow disguise its connection to such a counter-attack, possibly by promoting terror attacks on nations who support Israel. The Americans also believe it is likely Iran will use any such strike as a pretext to close off the Strait of Hormuz. US defense sources said that Tehran is likely to try and avoid a direct attack on American interests, because the regime knows that an American military strike will inflict significant damage. Washington does, however, think Iran will opt for an indirect assault against its interests worldwide, or against oil production facilities in the Persian Gulf.US President Barack Obama is set to speak at the next AIPAC conventions in Washington, where he is expected to detail the US' "red lines" on Iran.Hmmmm.........Rumor has it he's colorblind.Read the full story here.
- Ten injured in blast near AKP building in Istanbul.(HD).Istanbul police chief Hüseyin Çapkın said ten people were injured in a blast in Istanbul this morning.Çapkın said the explosion was caused by a bomb that was remotely detonated. A blast shook Istanbul’s Sütlüce district this morning, as at least five police officers were wounded, according to news agencies. The blast took place near a midibus carrying police officers, on the İmrahor Street in a district near the Golden Horn.The location is also very near the Istanbul district office of the governing Justice and Development Party, and the headquarters of the Independent Industrialists and Businessmen’s Association (MÜSİAD). The five were on duty at a building belonging to the Independent Industrialists' and Businessmen's Association (MÜSİAD), which is close to the AKP branch on İmrahor Street in Beyoğlu district’s Sütlüce neighborhood.Read the full story here.
- Egypt Christian man jailed for insulting Prophet.(BM).CAIRO: Egypt has jailed a Christian man for 6 years on charges of showing contempt of religion and insulting the Prophet Mohamed, the country’s state-owned al-Ahram newspaper reported on Thursday.The court, in the southern Egyptian province of Assiut, said that Makram Diab, a school employee, had made offensive remarks against Islam’s prophet, according to the report.The remarks infuriated Diab’s Muslim colleagues, who went on strike until he was arrested and prosecuted.The sentencing comes after a Cairo court earlier this week dismissed a lawsuit against the Christian business tycoon, Naguib Sawiris, who was accused of insulting Islam by tweeting images of Mickey Mouse with a beard and his counterpart Minnie wearing a veil.Sawiris faces two other lawsuits over the same images.Recent parliamentary elections have produced a strong showing for Islamists in Egypt, sparking concerns over freedom among liberals and Christians, who make up around 10 percent of the country’s 80 million population.The ruling has left the Coptic community angered over what a number of Christian activists told Bikyamasr.com was an “attempt to create divisions” between Muslims and Christians in the country.Noha, a political studies student at Cairo University and activist who regularly participates in demonstrations for Coptic rights, argued that the government is “continuing the policy of Mubarak by jailing and even putting these people in front of a court. It is unacceptable for a country where we hoped for free speech.”The Christian community has struggled to figure out the direction of transitional Egypt in the post-uprising atmosphere.In October, a pro-Coptic rights march ended in a bloodbath after the armed forces opened fire on the thousands of protesters and run them over with armored vehicles, leaving at least 27 dead.The ruling military junta said a “third-party” was responsible for opening fire, leaving many Christians questioning if they would receive justice after decades of animosity towards their minority community.Hmmmm......Egypt.....holyday destination?Yeah whatevah.Read the full story here.
- ‘U.S., Iran, Brotherhood’ trio of ‘direct threat’ to Gulf says chief of Dubai’s police.(AA).Chief of Dubai Police Force and Lieutenant General, Dahi Khalfan, warned that the United States, Iran and the Muslim Brotherhood are a threat to the security of the Gulf region, a newspaper reported on Wednesday. Dahi, who was in charge of the investigation of the group suspected of killing a high-ranking Hamas official in Dubai, said in an interview published by the Kuwaiti newspaper, al-Nahar, that the ultimate goal of the Muslim Brotherhood and the Salafists in the region is to be in power. “The Brotherhood does not want the current Gulf regimes to stay,” the newspaper quoted him as saying.Warning of another ‘Sykes–Picot’ in reference to the 1916 agreement that divided the Arab World between France and Britain, the Lieutenant General said that “there is a plan to spread chaos in the region including the GCC region. “Security in the Gulf won’t be achieved only through an agreement between GCC and Iran … Iranian officials have to stop creating political storms from time to time.”The police chief who advised Gulf States to create a confederation of unity to achieve security in the Gulf countries and in the region, showed skepticism over the Arab Spring, saying that it turned into “autumn” and has led to chaos citing Egypt as an example.Hmmmm.......Wait till it turns in to 'Nuclear Winter'.Read the full story here.
video - Egyptian Cleric Sallah Sultan, Founder of the Ohio-Based American Center for Islamic Research: War with the US - Why Not? Allah Is on Our Side, Will Obliterate America
Sallah Sultan: There are media outlets aimed at distracting our young boys and girls with all kinds of… All of this is mentioned in The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Nothing is new.
Interviewer: Ah, what happens is mentioned there…
Sallah Sultan: It is a plot to completely distract the youth of our nation from the cause [of Palestine] by applying pressure on these young people through various means – through sex, drugs, play, and games on the Internet. By the grace of Allah, we broke the backs of Hosni Mubarak and his henchmen. Can we not do the same with regard to this gang of cowardly sons of Zion? Allah said about them: "They will not fight you, save from fortified cities or from behind walls."
Interviewer: But if we fight Israel, we would be fighting the US as well…
Sallah Sultan: Why not? Indeed, we will fight Israel and all those who are behind it. Even if Europe in its entirety is behind it… The people of Gaza are wretched, but they are lions. They are real men. Did they not humiliate the US, Europe, and anybody who ever gave weapons, money, and aid to the Zionist entity? They entered Gaza in order to defeat it, but they were defeated themselves. Wasn't Israel defeated in Lebanon and vanquished in Gaza?
Sallah Sultan: Allah is present in this equation, and He is capable of obliterating America and any other oppressor. This is a divine law.
In a lecture in Dallas, America, I was explaining the Shu'ara chapter of the Koran, and I said: Allah destroyed the people in Noah's time for the corruption of their faith, the people of Lot for the corruption of their morality, Jethro's people for the corruption of their economy, the people of Thamud for the corruption of their industry, and Pharaoh's people for the corruption of their politics, so what can we expect when all these forms of corruption are manifest in America? He will deliver a mortal blow at a time when no one expects it.Source Memri.
Saudi Columnist Princess Basma bint Saud bin Abd Al-Aziz Aal Saud Speaks Out against Islamic Extremism: This Is Not What the People Hoped to Achieve through Revolutions
Princess Basma bint Saud bin Abd Al-Aziz Aal Saud: The question that I ask myself now is how come the Islamist movement has arisen in all our countries. It is a very strange phenomenon that the Islamic movement is the only one capable of…
Interviewer: But this phenomenon is logical, isn't it?
Princess Basma bint Saud bin Abd Al-Aziz Aal Saud: In what way?
Interviewer: Because the Islamist opposition was the official, organized against the former regimes. When these regimes fell, along came the ready-made opposition. That was the case regarding the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, in Tunisia, and in Morocco [sic].
Princess Basma bint Saud bin Abd Al-Aziz Aal Saud: True, but is this what the citizen really wants? That is the question. What the citizens hope to achieve through the revolutions is civil power – the power of the individual, of the people, and of democracy. That is what we are hearing – that these revolutions brought democracy, so that the people would have a voice.
Does the people really want the Islamist movement in its present form, in which it spreads terror throughout the world with its extremism? This is what we are seeing today in the websites and messages of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, in Algeria, in Tunisia, in Morocco, and even in Jordan today.
The messages we are hearing are not at all reassuring, because they do not belong to moderate Islam. They are a call to extremist Islam, which has nothing to do with [true] Islam. The Prophet Muhammad brought moderation. Other religions, which exited prior to Islam, became extremist to a terrifying degree. That was why the Prophet of the Islamic nation came – in order to convey a moderate monotheistic message.
Is what we are seeing today a moderate Islam? What we are seeing and hearing today about the agendas of the Salafis, the Islamists, and the Enlightened – are they moderate? In my personal opinion, they are not moderate. Instead, they are turning toward religious extremism, which suppress freedom of any kind, even if it is called by another name. Source Memri.
'US must assure Israel it'll use might to stop Iran'.(JP).The United States must assure Israel that if it delays any military moves against Iran's nuclear program, Washington will use its own might to stop Tehran from weaponizing its nuclear program, former IDF intelligence chief Amos Yadlin wrote Thursday.
US President Barack Obama must "shift the Israeli defense establishment's thinking from a focus on the 'zone of immunity' to a 'zone of trust'" Yadlin wrote in a New York Times op-ed.
Last month, Defense Minister Ehud Barak alluded to Israel's "red line," when it might feel the need to attack Iran, describing that point as when Iran reaches a "zone of immunity" from an effective Israeli attack."What is needed is an ironclad American assurance that if Israel refrains from acting in its own window of opportunity" to stop Iran's nuclear program, it will act itself to stop it.
If Obama does not give Israeli leaders those assurances, Yadlin warned in the New York Times, Israeli leaders "may well choose to act while they still can."The op-ed by the former IDF intelligence chief and Air Force pilot, who participated in the Israeli strike on Iraq's nuclear program in 1981, comes days ahead of a visit by Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu to Washington. Scheduled talks between Netanyahu and US President Barack Obama were expected to focus on Iran, and especially on closing gaps between the two countries' definition of what constitutes a "red line" for Iran's nuclear program.
Yadlin also indicated that Israel's capability to effectively strike Iran should not be underestimated. Asserting that the United States was taken by surprise by Jerusalem's ability to destroy Iraq's Osirak reactor in 1981, he said it would be a mistake to once again underestimate the IDF's ingenuity.
Nonetheless, he admitted that the United States has military resources and technologies that allow it more freedom of action and the ability to carry out a deeper and more extensive campaign against Iran than Israel. Those capabilities, Yadlin explained, give Washington the luxury of more time to give sanctions and non-military measures a longer chance to become effective in stopping Iran's nuclear program.Hmmmm.......He doesn't even impose the full sanctions Congress Approved.....Good luck with that.Read the full story here.
Egypt - Freedom and Justice party Tourism Boosting Initiative Major Success.(IW).Positive feedback continued pouring in, on the Freedom and Justice Party (FJP) program regarding tourism which was presented by Dr. Tarek Wafik, general supervisor of the FJP Tourism Committee, during 'The Future of Tourism in Egypt' conference which was organized under the auspices of the Egyptian Ministry of Tourism, attended by representatives from international tourism agencies and experts.
The party's program is focused on encouraging private sector and foreign investment in tourism, promoting and marketing tourism products and services in the Arab region and worldwide, in addition to stimulating domestic tourism.
According to Tarek Shalabi, Vice Chairman of Marsa Alam Investment and Tourism Association (MAITA), the FJP's program astounded all attendees.
Shalabi asserted that the FJP’s message was very clear and transparent, and genuinely prioritized tourism investment, placing right at the top of its agenda, for the near future, by promoting all types of tourism in Egypt without exception.Shalabi explained that the FJP’s clear vision allayed all former fears of foreign tour organizers regarding Egypt and its future in the tourism industry, who promised to relay this reassuring message abroad.
Further, Shalabi highlighted the importance of all other political parties and state institutions joining hands with the FJP in order to guarantee the success of its program.
He expressed hope that Egypt's economy will be revived and public debt paid off within 6 months only, once tourism has recovered.
On a further note, Mohamed El-Sawy, Chairman of the PA’s Culture, Information and Tourism Committee, confirmed that the PA is preparing a ‘Tourism Document’ in all living languages of the world, announcing the Egyptian people's stance on tourism, and their commitment to respecting visitors of all faiths, and protecting human rights.
He called on all ministries and the government to support the tourism industry.
One of the delightful outcomes of the conference was the promise by leading tourism companies such as Thomas Cook and Tui Travel to put Egypt back in their tourist itineraries as soon as possible, praising the FJP’s program and expressing hope that it would improve Egyptian Tourism in a record time, if the country implemented the FJP program, which shows respect and appreciation for foreign tourists and promotes all types of tourism in Egypt.Hmmmm........Do their brochures mention 'Groping' included in the price?Read the full story here.