- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity situation Indonesia 5.6 - 5.2 !More info here.
- Illegal Who Tried Bombing Capitol Protected Under Obama Amnesty.(JW).As the Moroccan who plotted a suicide bombing inside the U.S. Capitol appears in federal court today, much of the mainstream media coverage omits a crucial part of the story; this is the class of illegal immigrant the Obama Administration is sparing from deportation. That’s because, like millions of others, the would-be assassin didn’t have a criminal record and thus never posed a threat to the public, according to the feds. Like many of the illegal aliens protected by the Obama Administration the attempted bomber, 29-year-old Amine El Khalifi, came to the U.S. as a kid (“through no fault of his own” as the open borders movement says). He could have easily qualified for discounted college tuition at a number of taxpayer-funded colleges and universities nationwide. El Khalifi lived under the radar in Alexandria Virginia while he orchestrated attacking a number of targets, including military buildings, a Washington D.C. restaurant popular among military officials and a synagogue. Last week he planned to blow up the nation’s capitol as a suicide bomber in a martyrdom operation. El Khalifi concocted a detailed plot and believed he was working with al Qaeda. Incredibly, El Khalifi is the prototype of illegal immigrant protected by Obama’s backdoor amnesty plan. Officially launched in mid-November, the initiative halts the removal of illegal aliens with no criminal records. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) reviews all deportation cases and operates a “training program” to assure that enforcement agents and prosecuting attorneys don’t remove certain types of illegal immigrants. The idea, according to the administration, is to deport only undocumented aliens who have been convicted of serious crimes or pose a national security risk. That means a large class of illegal immigrants are being granted de facto amnesty, which is technically illegal without the consent of Congress. So far thousands have been spared removal under the outrageous initiative.As if this weren’t bad enough, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) records indicate that serious criminals are not being targeted for removal either. This in addition to a sharp drop in the number of overall deportations during a recent quarter analyzed by a nonprofit university group dedicated to researching the U.S. government.Hmmmmm......Obama: "All the Choices We've Made Have Been the Right Ones"Read the full story here.
- Female civil servants to wear uniforms in Iran.(BM).Tehran (dpa) – Iran is obliging female civil servants to wear uniforms at work, ISNA news agency reported Wednesday.Azar Nazari, the head of women’s affairs of the Tehran governor’s office said that women would be obliged to wear uniforms from the start of the new Persian year, on March 21.Nazari told ISNA that the uniforms had been designed following consultation with university professors and according to Iranian religious and cultural criteria.In line with Islamic regulations, women in Iran have to wear long gowns and a scarf to hide body contours and hair.Dress codes for women in ministries and public organizations are stricter still, and the new initiative further restricting choice of clothing caused dismay.“The samples I saw are not very different of what we have to wear now, but still forcing me to wear an uniform at the age of 47 makes me feel stupid and reminds me of my school days,” said Maedehe M., who works in a public office in Tehran.Another female employee working in a state bank said that previous plans to make all women look alike had failed, adding, “This plan will also fail, as telling women to wear can simply not work.”Following a survey, it had been decided that the main colors of the new uniforms would be navy blue and dark grey, Nazari said.She said there were also plans to introduce uniforms for men working in public organizations.Read the full story here.
- Now glyphosate found in people's urine.(GMwatch).According to an article in German in the Ithaca journal, a German university study has found significant concentrations of glyphosate in the urine samples of city dwellers. The analysis of the urine samples apparently found that all had concentrations of glyphosate at 5 to 20-fold the limit for drinking water. As well as being used increasingly widely in food production, glyphosate-based weedkillers often also get sprayed onto railway lines, urban pavements and roadsides.http://www.ithaka-journal.net/herbizide-im-urinDisturbingly, the Ithaca journal reports (in our translation), "The address of the university labs, which did the research, the data and the evaluation of the research method is known to the editors. Because of significant pressure by agrochemical representatives and the fear that the work of the lab could be influenced, the complete analytical data will only be published in the course of this year."http://www.ithaka-journal.net/herbizide-im-urinNews of this study comes not long after the publication of a study confirming glyphosate was contaminating groundwater. Last year also saw the publication of two US Geological Survey studies which consistently found glyphosate in streams, rain and even air in agricultural areas of the US. http://www.gmwatch.org/latest-listing/1-news-items/13549 Other recent studies - see the abstracts below - indicate that people may not only be absorbing glyphosate from multiple sources but that it can circulate in the blood and can even cross the placental barrier and so reach the developing fetus.Read the full story recent studies - see the abstracts below - indicate that people may not only be absorbing glyphosate from multiple sources but that it can circulate in the blood and can even cross the placental barrier and so reach the developing fetus.Read the full story here.
- Some U.S. pawnbrokers are taking liquid assets - literally.(Yahoo).NEW YORK (Reuters) - Along with family jewels and fine art they will accept wines as collateral for loans to help ease cash shortages of businesses and people on all rungs of the economic ladder."You'd be amazed by how many wealthy individuals have terrible credit ratings," said Jordan Tabach-Bank, head of Beverly Loan Co. in Beverly Hills, California."And besides, if you go to a bank, it can take weeks or months to get a loan. When we make a loan, it's usually the same day,"The pawnshop for the prosperous lends to hedge-fund managers, bankers, lawyers, doctors and even Oscar winners."Most people have a vision of pawn shops as sad sites. But that's not the case here," Tabach-Bank said. "I have a lot of people who come in who have a business opportunity and they need an infusion of cash for business purposes."USGoldBuyers.com, an online pawnbroker with an office in New York, will also accept fine wines, said spokesman Jose Caba, adding that the rich do not always have liquid assets to keep up with their expensive toys.British-based pawnbroker, borro.com, recently lent $120,000 in exchange for 128 bottles of Chateau d'Yquem, which had an estimated worth of $250,000.Within the last three weeks, borro.com had taken a case of 1989 Chateau Petrus, valued at about $38,000, for a loan of $24,000, said its Chief Executive Paul Aitken.Loans were also secured on various vintages of the five First Growths Bordeaux: Chateau Haut-Brion, Chateau Lafite-Rothschild, Chateau Haut-Brion, Chateau Margaux and Chateau Mouton Rothschild -- top wines regularly sold at auctions where cases fetch tens of thousands of dollars.Hmmmm.....My choice would be this marvelous wine.Read the full story here.