Monday, December 12, 2011
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity situation Russia 5.0 !More info here.
- Video - Why We Hate The Jews - Can it be any Clearer?(Memri).Quote"OUR HATRED OF THE JEWS IS BASED UPON OUR FAITH!The Koran tells us to hate them not to love them!They are ennemies not because they occupied palestine,They would have been ennemies even if they did not occupy a thing.See the full story here.
- Canada - Should veils be banned during oaths of citizenship?(YV).Immigration Minister Jason Kenney has announced a ban on face coverings, such as niqabs, for people swearing their oath of citizenship.The ban, announced Monday, is effective immediately. As a result, Muslim women will have to remove their niqabs or any other face-covering garments, such as burkas, before they can recite the oath of citizenship to become Canadians.Kenney said he's had complaints from MPs and citizenship court judges that it's hard to tell whether people with their faces covered are actually reciting the oath of citizenship, which he says is a requirement to become Canadian."We cannot have two classes of citizenship ceremonies. Canadian citizenship is not just about the right to carry a passport and to vote," Kenney said.Do you agree with the ban on veils for citizenship oaths? Let us know in the comments.Read the full story and Vote here .
- Iran to practice Strait of Hormuz closure while unlocking US drone secrets.(Debka).Bigheaded from capturing the US stealth RQ-170 Sentinel drone, Tehran Monday, Dec. 12 announced plans to conduct a navy drill soon for practicing the closure of the Strait of Hormuz, the most important oil transit channel in the world for 40 percent of its fuel. Iranian lawmaker Parviz Sorouri, member of the Majlis national security committee, who announced the drill said, "Iran will make the world unsafe if the world attacks Iran."On Dec. 12, US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta called Iran "a very grave threat to all of us" and warned that any Iranian disruption of the free flow of commerce through the Persian Gulf "is a red line" for the United Sates.Tehran's announcement of a navy drill in Hormuz augments the Syrian ruler Bashar Assad's mantra since his people rose up against him nine months ago, that an attack on his regime would start a regional blaze.The Iranian lawmaker spoke at length about how his government planned to use the military and intelligence software mined from the top-secret US UAV on Dec. 4.He said Iranian engineers and technicians were "in the final stages of "cracking" the drone's secret technology, although he did not say when this research would be complete. "Our next action will be to reverse-engineer the aircraft," he said and boasted: "In the near future will be able to mass produce it. Iranian engineers will soon build an aircraft superior to the American one."This data would also be used, the Iranian lawmaker said, in a lawsuit against the United State for the "invasion" by the unmanned aircraft. Sorouri did not say where the lawsuit would be filed but Tehran is thought to be preparing an complaint to the international war crimes court at the Hague.debkafile's Iranian and military sources note that the linkage Sorouri made between the capture of the RQ-170 and the naval drill in the Strait of Hormuz was intended to inform Washington that Tehran in possession of the drone no longer fears the ability of the naval air carriers the US has deployed in the Persian Gulf to prevent its closure of the strategic waterway.In the last six months, Adm. Habibollah Sayyari has emphasized more than once that the Iranian Navy which he commands is master of the Persian Gulf and dominates the Strait of Hormuz.Mere verbal protest will not serve. It will just leave Tehran crowing over its possession of the US drone as the key to the military and intelligence mastery of the Persian Gulf waters and the ability to make US back down. However a real threat by the US and Gulf oil powers to stop the drill by force will send regional tensions shooting up.In the meantime, Saeed Jalili, head of Iran's National Security Council has arrived in Moscow to clinch a deal for the transfer of drone secrets to Russia in return for nuclear technology and sophisticated military hardware.Hmmm......"May you live in interesting times"?Read the full story here.
- Iran must chose between a bomb or survival: Israel.(DailyStar).JERUSALEM: A senior Israeli cabinet minister on Monday said Iran must be forced to face an existential question over its nuclear drive: choose between getting an atomic bomb, or survival."We believe that in order to stop the Iranian military nuclear project, the regime in Tehran should face a dilemma -- whether to have a bomb or to survive," Strategic Affairs Minister Moshe Yaalon told reporters in Jerusalem.Yaalon said however it was for the international community, rather than Israel, to apply what he called an "achievable" policy."We prefer that the international community led by the United States will bring about this dilemma in order to convince the regime to give up its military nuclear programme," he said, stressing the need for political isolation and economic sanctions aimed at the banking and oil sectors.Israel and much of the international community fear that Iran's nuclear programme masks a drive for a weapons capability.Tehran denies any such ambition and says the programme is for peaceful civilian energy and medical purposes only."Our policy is very clear -- by one way or another, the military nuclear project in Iran should be stopped," Yaalon said, indicating it "might be 12 months, might be 24 months" until Iran was able to reach a military nuclear capability.Israel has pushed Washington and the European Union for tough sanctions against Tehran, but has repeatedly warned it would not allow Iran to obtain nuclear weapons.Yaalon, a member of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's inner circle of eight ministers, also reiterated the line that while a military option was still on the table, as "the last resort."He declined to comment on what was behind a deadly explosion at a Iranian military base near Tehran last month, which a top Israeli intelligence official reportedly said was a site where ground-to-ground missiles were being developed."They had some blow to the missiles project in the last incident in which a missile site absorbed a significant blow -- especially regarding long-range missiles," Yaalon said.Media reports have suggested the blast was part of a covert effort by the United States, Israel and other states to disable Iran's nuclear and missile programmes.Last month, the UN's International Atomic Energy Agency said it had "credible" information Iran was carrying out "activities relevant to the development of a nuclear explosive device."Read the full story here.
- Liberal Legal Expert: Kagan must recuse herself or "the integrity of the Supreme Court as at stake".(DougRoss).By Eric Segall.Professor Eric Segal is a widely published constitutional attorney who is a self-professed liberal. Therefore, when the subject of Elena Kagan's recusal is seen by most Democrats as a partisan issue -- rather than simply an issue of obvious, judicial integrity -- his Slate opinion piece ("A Liberal’s Lament on Kagan and Health Care") represents a breath of fresh air....Elena Kagan is a loyal Democrat who owes her Supreme Court appointment to President Obama. She is poised to review the constitutionality of Obama’s health care statute, which, if invalidated, might do serious damage to his re-election campaign as well as the Democratic Party. Even though it would be a hard decision to make, Elena Kagan should recuse herself from hearing challenges to the act.So far it appears that only Republicans and conservatives want Kagan to recuse herself from hearing the case, while liberals and Democrats take the opposing view. I have been a liberal constitutional law professor for more than 20 years, and a loyal Democrat. I believe the Affordable Care Act is constitutional... That said, I believe that as a matter of both principle and law, Kagan should not hear the case....As many have pointed out, there are legitimate arguments that these rules point to recusal. Was Kagan a “counsel” or “adviser” on this issue? We know that she was on an e-mail exchange between her top deputy, Neal Katyal, and Associate Attorney General Tom Perrelli, about a meeting to discuss the litigation strategy for the ACA litigation, and lawyers in her office would be present. We also know she attended at least one meeting where the litigation was discussed... We don’t know how fully Kagan was involved because the White House (perhaps for legitimate reasons unrelated to this controversy) has not released all of the relevant emails about the matter...We also know that Kagan wrote an e-mail to Laurence Tribe, a famous Harvard constitutional law professor who was also working for the administration at the time the law passed, in which she said, “I hear they have the votes, Larry!! Simply amazing.” The email's subject line was "fingers and toes crossed today!"...She served as the solicitor general of the United States during the time that the ACA was furiously debated in Congress, discussed in town halls across the country, and enacted... [and] We know she celebrated the passage of the law....The Supreme Court is increasingly seen as a partisan political institution making political decisions instead of a true court deciding cases under the law. Justice Kagan has a golden moment to display that at least one Supreme Court justice has integrity and character that exceed her party loyalty and political past. If she sees herself as a political official who, because of the office she occupies, gets to cast an important vote on an issue that may decide an election, she should stay on the case. But, if she views herself as a judge of law who is obligated to approach legal issues objectively and open-mindedly without regard to partisan political outcomes, she ought to step aside. Nothing less than the integrity of the Supreme Court is at stake.Thank you, professor, for demonstrating that at least one Democrat is capable of publicly advocating an ethical and intellectually honest course of action for Justice Kagan.Hmmmm......The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out. ~Thomas Babington Macaulay.My guess the same go's for women.Read the full story here.
- Joe Biden Drafted the Core of the Patriot Act in 1995 … Before the Oklahoma City Bombing.(WashingtonsBlog).Everyone knows that the Patriot Act was drafted before 9/11.But few know that it was Joe Biden who drafted the core provisions which were included in that bill … in1995. CNET reported in 2008:
Months before the Oklahoma City bombing took place, Biden introduced another bill called the Omnibus Counterterrorism Act of 1995. It previewed the 2001 Patriot Act by allowing secret evidence to be used in prosecutions, expanding the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act and wiretap laws, creating a new federal crime of “terrorism” that could be invoked based on political beliefs, permitting the U.S. military to be used in civilian law enforcement, and allowing permanent detention of non-U.S. citizens without judicial review.* The Center for National Security Studies said the bill would erode“constitutional and statutory due process protections” and would “authorize the Justice Department to pick and choose crimes to investigate and prosecute based on political beliefs and associations.”
Biden himself draws parallels between his 1995 bill and its 2001 cousin. “I drafted a terrorism bill after the Oklahoma City bombing. And the bill John Ashcroft sent up was my bill,” he said when the Patriot Act was being debated, according to the New Republic, which described him as “the Democratic Party’s de facto spokesman on the war against terrorism.”
Biden’s proposal probably helped to lay the groundwork for the Bush administration’s Patriot Act.
The Center for National Securities reported in 1995:
On February 10, 1995, a counterterrorism bill drafted by the Clinton
Administration was introduced in the Senate as S. 390 and in the House of
Representatives as H.R. 896.
The Clinton bill is a mixture of: provisions eroding constitutional and
statutory due process protections, selective federalization — on political
grounds — of state crimes (minus state due process rules), discredited
ideas from the Reagan and Bush Administrations, and the extension of some of
the worst elements of crime bills of the recent past.
The legislation would:
1. authorize the Justice Department to pick and choose crimes to
investigate and prosecute based on political beliefs and associations;
2. repeal the ancient provision barring the U.S. military from civilian
3. expand a pre-trial detention scheme that puts the burden of proof on
4. loosen the carefully-crafted rules governing federal wiretaps, in
violation of the Fourth Amendment;
5. establish special courts that would use secret evidence to order the
deportation of persons convicted of no crimes, in violation of basic
principles of due process;
6. permit permanent detention by the Attorney General of aliens convicted
of no crimes, with no judicial review;
7. give the President unreviewable power to criminalize fund-raising for
lawful activities associated with unpopular causes;
8. renege on the Administration’s approval in the last Congress of a
provision to insure that the FBI would not investigate based on First
Amendment activities; and
9. resurrect the discredited ideological visa denial provisions of the
McCarran Walter Act to bar foreign speakers.
* Note: The CNET article contains a typographical error, using the word “detection” instead of “detention” in the sentence: “allowing permanent detection of non-U.S. citizens without judicial review”. Not only does this make no sense, but a review of the bill confirms that it provided for permanent detention.Read the full story here.
- McConnell: Keystone is ‘shovel ready,’ pushes for linking payroll tax, pipeline.(TheHill).Senate Minority leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) continued Sunday to press for legislation that links extending a payroll tax break with the Keystone Pipeline project. McConnell predicted Congress will pass legislation this month that extends the payroll tax holiday and extends jobless benefits — but he offered few clues about the path to gaining consensus on a final package. During an interview on “Fox News Sunday,” McConnell made clear he wants that package linked to a measure that would force the administration to fast-track a decision on the Keystone XL pipeline project. “We’d … like to create some jobs” via the project, which needs the president’s approval, McConnell said, contending it would create “20,000 jobs.” “It’s shovel ready” and would not cost the government “one penny,” he added. The minority leader predicted a payroll tax cut-Keystone package would win the support of many Senate Democrats and big labor. President Obama has said he would “reject” any payroll tax cut extension measure that is linked to the pipeline project. “I’m on the same side as Jimmy Hoffa,” McConnell said, referring to the president of the powerful Teamsters Union. “The Teamsters want this.”Hmmm.....'Reelection or giving Americans jobs'?Read the full story here.
- Is Obama Enlisting Jesus in his Campaign?(WHD).By KeithKoffler.President Obama has been invoking Jesus Christ a lot lately, and it’s hard to see another reason for this new behavior other than it appeals to a certain large group of voters who tend to be believers.In his Christmas-related remarks this year, Obama has been much more personal about his own belief and for the first time invoked the name of Jesus Christ, departing from the more secular, universal messages of previous years.In the 2010 Midterm elections, white middle class voters abandoned the Democrats en masse. In order to achieve reelection, Obama will need to keep as many as possible of these often church-going voters from straying to the Republicans. His ability to hold white middle class voters will determine whether or not he wins in key states like Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Florida and elsewhere.In recent weeks, we’ve found Michelle Obama awkwardly in attendance at that other white middle class church – a NASCAR track, where she was booed – as well as shopping at Target and, along with her husband, hosting country music night at the White House. Meanwhile, he’s been taking campaign-style bus trips through the Midwest and North Carolina and Virginia, everywhere rolling through must win states filled with the demographic.Obama’s increasingly overt religious message seems consistent with this.Sunday, after attending church, Obama made his annual appearance on the “Christmas in Washington” special, taped for broadcast December 16.So it seems The One has signed up The Messiah. I can only hope for Jesus’s sake that He is not on the email list too.But don’t fret, Republicans. Moses may still be available.Hmmmm.....I saw the number of undecided Christian voters?Read the full story here.
- Israeli officials: Obama too soft on Iran.(Ynet).Senior Israeli officials expressed their disappointment with US President Barack Obama's policy on Iran. "The administration is still not acting in full force to impose significant sanctions against Tehran," one of the officials told Ynet Sunday night.On the other hand, officials in Jerusalem lauded French President Nicolas Sarkozy and British Prime Minister David Cameron. "France and the UK have begun to act determinedly, while Obama's administration has yet to formulate a policy that is sufficiently severe," another official said."While the House of Representatives and the Senate are promoting (anti-Iran) legislation, the White House is operating according to an ideology which could be defined as 'hesitant.' The Iranian issue calls for a clear stance, but the administration has yet to take the necessary measures to significantly hurt the ayatollahs' regime." US Ambassador to Israel Dan Shapiro told reporters Thursday Israel and the US enjoy close bilateral cooperation on the threat of a nuclear Iran."There is no issue that we coordinate more closely on than Iran," Shapiro told reporters in Tel Aviv."A nuclear Iran, he added, is "a real threat to Israeli security, ours and our allies', and that is why we are determined to prevent this from happening."But officials in Jerusalem are not satisfied with Obama's policy on Iran. Defense Minister Ehud Barak said during a recent interview that the international community must impose harsher sanctions against the Islamic Republic in order to incapacitate the Iranian regime and force it to suspend its nuclear program.Hmmmm......Moi...soft?....No...but....I need the Muslim votes for my second term so i can bash Israel.Read the full story here.
- Anti-missile system - Clinton “It’s not directed at Russia, it’s not about Russia, it’s frankly about Iran,”.(OUTITW).As if US-Russian relations were not strained enough over NATO’s incipient anti-missile system in Europe, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s remarks concerning Russia’s “flawed” parliamentary election this past Sunday have only added fuel to the fire.Today, following talks in Brussels between NATO foreign ministers and Russia’s foreign minister, Sergei Lavrov, the alliance’s secretary-general, Anders Fogh Rasmussen, reported “no progress” toward a deal on the rancorous issue. “We listen, and we have listened today,” Fogh Rasmussen told journalists after meeting Lavrov at NATO headquarters. Lavrov, who speaks perfect English, resorted to clipped Russian immediately after Rasmussen’s comments. “Unfortunately our partners are not yet ready for cooperation on missile defense,” Lavrov huffed, but he left the door open for more talks, “provided that legitimate concerns of all parties are taken into consideration.”“No ally within NATO is going to give any other country outside the alliance a veto over whether NATO protects itself by building a missile defense system against threats we perceive are the most salient,” Clinton said tersely at the time. “It’s not directed at Russia, it’s not about Russia, it’s frankly about Iran,” she said, adding it was “certainly not a cause for military countermeasures” by Russia.The talks in Brussels came as Russia’s Prime Minister Vladimir Putin accused Clinton on Thursday of encouraging and supporting the election protesters and warned of a wider Russian crackdown on unrest. By describing Russia’s parliamentary election as rigged in favour of Putin’s potemkin party, United Russia, the KGB-communist dictator alleged Clinton “gave a signal” to his opponents. “They heard this signal and with the support of the U.S. State Department began their active work,” Putin said in televised remarks.“I looked at the first reaction of our U.S. colleagues,” Putin said during a meeting with representatives of his All-Russia People’s Front movement in Moscow. “The [U.S.] secretary of state was quick to evaluate the elections, saying that they are unfair and unjust, even before she received materials from the Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (OSCE/ODIHR) observers.”As if US-Russian relations were not strained enough over NATO’s incipient anti-missile system in Europe, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s remarks concerning Russia’s “flawed” parliamentary election this past Sunday have only added fuel to the fire.“What is there to say? We are a big nuclear power and remain so,” Putin growled. “This raises certain concerns with our partners. They try to shake us up so that we don’t forget who is boss on our planet [meaning the USA].”When asked about Putin’s comments, Clinton said Washington valued amicable relations with Moscow, which currently facilitates NATO’s military supply route across Russia to Afghanistan. “At same time the U.S. and many others around the world have strong commitments to democracy and human rights,” she said. “We expressed concerns we thought were well founded about the conduct of the elections.”Russian officials have said Medvedev also wants to discuss NATO’s missile defense plan, which under the George W. Bush administration entailed the placement of anti-missile batteries and a radar installation in the Czech Republic. Modified by President Barack Hussein Obama, the missile defense system now includes batteries in Poland and Romania.Hmmm......Clinton “It’s not directed at Russia, it’s not about Russia, it’s frankly about Iran,”.Did you hear PM Erdogan?Read the full story here.
- IDF ponders how to handle mass burial scenario.(YNet).Home Front Command and IDF Rabbinate officials have asked Israel's Chief Rabbinate for instruction on how to act in the extreme scenario that hundreds or even thousands of soldiers and citizens should be killed all at once. Chief Rabbis Yona Metzger and Shlomo Amar were approached with this predicament after the IDF evaluated possible outcomes of a rocket attack on Israel causing a mass causality event.Now the Chief Rabbinate must reexamine this sensitive issue and decide whether to recommend transient burial or the transfer of the bodies to cooling facilities until the final burial in civilian cemeteries. According to the halacha, taking the dead out of their graves is considered "desecration of the dead," however transferring the bodies to cooling facilities might be considered delaying the burial." Therefore this controversial issue has been brought forth before the chief rabbis, for their consideration. Today any mass casualty event falls under the responsibility of the Interior Ministry. However if, for instance, Israel is attacked by rockets, killing hundreds or even thousands of civilians and soldiers – the IDF will also assist in evacuating and handling the bodies. Israel National Planning and Construction Council approved a plan for temporary burial over six months ago, in the event that thousands might be killed. This plan was part of the State's preparations for a possible earthquake in Israel. The planning committee assigned eight designated zones from which to collect the bodies, where at least 3,000 people might be buried in. An IDF spokesman explained that the issue of burying civilians is not within the army's jurisdiction. "This issue is being discussed as part of a broader approach taken by the IDF when it comes to preparing the civilian front for emergencies." The Chief Rabbinate has confirmed they received the Home Front Command's appeal on the matter. "These are sensitive issues which should not be discussed in the media. The rabbis are dealing with these issues seriously and with the proper caution," a Chief Rabbinate official stated.Hmmm.....Someone preparing for the fallout from attacking Iran?Read the full story here.
- Rise of Islamic Jihad in Gaza now funded by Iran challenges Hamas rule.(JPost).Analysis: With Hamas out of its orbit, Iran has upped its support of Islamic Jihad.Since Hamas took over the Gaza Strip in the summer of 2007, killing and expelling Fatah militiamen, it never faced a real challenge to its rule.Until now.In recent months though, Islamic Jihad has made an impressive leap in its capabilities and military infrastructure.This is a direct result of Iran’s decision to divert funds traditionally allocated to Hamas to Islamic Jihad instead.The main cause for the Iran-Hamas rift was the Palestinian terrorist group’s decision to abandon Syrian President Bashar Assad and begin the process of moving its political-military bureau out of Damascus, 13 years after moving there from Jordan. According to recent reports, most of the senior Hamas command has already left Syria and a headquarters that once numbered hundreds of operatives now has just a few dozen left.Western intelligence agencies are tracking where the Hamas men are traveling to and where the new headquarters will be established. Leading candidates appear to be Egypt, Sudan and Jordan. Qatar is also a possibility but Khaled Mashaal, head of the bureau, appears to want to be close to the Gaza Strip, the organization’s main base of operations.The departure from Damascus might have a positive outcome for Israel in the short term. Without a clear base and a patron like Assad, Mashaal and the overseas branch of Hamas will be slightly weakened and might have difficulty continuing the logistical support they had been providing for the group’s Gaza-based activities.Iran’s decision to slash its funding of Hamas is also affecting the group and Hamas is looking for new sources of income, such as its decision last month to fine the Bank of Palestine $150 million on bogus charges.As a result, Hamas is not interested – at the moment – in a major confrontation with the IDF, since attacking Israel would make its fund-raising efforts in Europe and throughout the Middle East more difficult.This is believed to be one of the reasons why Hamas preferred to not get involved in the attacks against Israel over the weekend – even though it publicly condemned Israel for the targeted killing of a senior Aksa Martyrs Brigades operative on Thursday who was believed to be plotting an attack against Israel from the Sinai Peninsula.With Hamas out of its orbit, Iran has upped its support of Islamic Jihad, which, according to some estimates, has a rocket arsenal that competes in its quantity and quality with that in Hamas’s warehouses. Islamic Jihad’s rise to power has created a new intelligence challenge for Israel, which now needs to track with almost equal emphasis both organizations and their capabilities inside Gaza.Islamic Jihad’s reasons for not participating in the recent rocket attacks against Israel are similar. It is at the stage of building up its capabilities. It did not want to risk all it has created for a conflict that was destined to only last a few days and preferred to retain its capabilities for the larger and longer round that is looming on the horizon.Iran might also be telling Islamic Jihad to wait.The Iranian objective is to establish a force on Israel’s southern border that will have capabilities and quantities like those of Hezbollah in Lebanon and that together both fronts will deter the Israeli government from launching unilateral military action against its nuclear facilities.Read the full story here.
- Did Iran blast target steel needed for nuke program?(YNet).Does the mysterious blast in Iran's steel factory have any connection to attempts to sabotage the Iranian nuclear program? Foreign reports suggesting Iran received North Korean steel used for uranium enrichment and the production of exhaust systems of missile engines may indicate that there is such a connection. Initially, the Iranians claimed that the cause for Sunday's blast was the penetration of water into the steel's melting pot but later said that ammunition brought to the factory had exploded.Less than a month ago, Germany's Die Welt newspaper reported that North Korea had provided Iran and Syria with special maraging steel which serves for the production of facilities required to withstand high speed and heavy heat. The paper claimed that both the Iranians and the Syrians are in need of such steel for the production of new centrifuges for uranium enrichment and the manufacturing of exhaust systems for missile engines. Iran and Syria have thus far not succeeded in manufacturing maraging steel on their own and have therefore purchased it from North Korea in order to accommodate their nuclear and missile programs, Die Welt claims. The report is based on western intelligence sources.It is very likely that this report may be linked to Sunday's blast at the steel factory in the city of Yazd. Though privately owned, the factory is considered a modern facility. The local governor noted that the blast occurred after 7 pm and that a number of foreign nationals had died in the explosion. These may be North Koreans training Iranians on maraging steel. According to foreign reports, the Iranians intend to install the new high-speed centrifuges from the IR2 and IR3 models at the new Fordu uranium enrichment site buried deep in the mountainside near the city of Qom but in order to manufacture the modern centrifuges, the Iranians need large quantities of maraging steel.Moreover, the Iranians need maraging steel to manufacture the ballistic missile engines they are constructing. It is possible that they acquired the knowledge needed to create the steel from North Korea as well as assistance in the first manufacturing stages because of their need of massive quantities of the steel. Therefore, it is extremely plausible that there is a connection between the blast that occurred at the steel plant in Yazd, at an hour not usually considered a work hour. It is also possible that this is the reason that there were "foreign civilians" among the casualties. The possibility that an accident caused the blast should still be taken into consideration yet the coincidence in which facilities connected to the Iranian missile and nuclear programs makes it hard to reject the possibility that this was intentional sabotage or as the media likes to call it – "a mysterious blast." The blasts in Isfahan and Yazd may seem like accidents but the frequency with which the "accidents" have been occurring recently points to a new method of sabotage in the Iranian nuclear program. It is being carried out by "western factors", Iranians operated by those factors, or maybe through "tools" that cause blasts though the tools themselves and their armament aren't visible on the scene of the blast. Recently, experts raised some assumptions in the global media claiming the US was using its elusive UAVs to follow and maybe even sabotage the Iranian nuclear program. Read the full story here.
- Barak: What did We Get for Disengagement? 10,000 Missile Strikes.(INN).Defense Minister Ehud Barak alluded to the 2005 Disengagement from Gaza Sunday as he warned that Israel would strike back at terrorists there."Since Friday, about 36 missiles have been fired from Gaza at Israeli communities," he said in a speech at the World Policy Conference in Vienna. "Israel will know how to defend itself and will not let this situation continue. [Prime Minister Ariel] Sharon evacuated the Gaza Strip and took out every last soldier and civilian, gave instructions to tear down all buildings, even synagogues, so as not to supply any excuse to the Palestinians. And what happened? Hamas fired over 10,000 rockets at Israel."Regarding the peace treaty with Egypt, Barak said: "The geopolitical tumult throughout the Arab world is dramatic and its end is difficult to forecast. We hope that despite the victory of the Muslim Brotherhood in the first round [of the elections in Egypt], reason will triumph along with the economic needs and peace between the two countries will be preserved."Regarding Iran, Barak called for worldwide "devastating sanctions" to stop the Islamic republic's nuclear weapons program.Read the full story here.
- Developing Story: Hundreds of US-NATO Soldiers Arrive & Begin Operations on the Jordan-Syria Border.(BF).According to first-hand accounts and reports provided to Boiling Frogs Post by several sources in Jordan, during the last few hours foreign military groups, estimated at hundreds of individuals, began to spread near the villages of the north-Jordan city of “Al-Mafraq”, which is adjacent to the Jordanian and Syrian border. Read the full story here.
- Website offers rare glimpse of North Korean TV.(France.24).AFP - From his office in Seoul, former North Korean soldier Lim Young-Sun runs a website offering a rare glimpse of state television in the North to show what the country he fled two decades ago is really like.Lim's Unification Broadcasting (SPTV) streams Korean Central Television, a risky business in Seoul where disseminating North Korean propaganda could see him fall foul of South Korea's tough National Security Law.While the site (sptv.co.kr), the only one of its kind in the South, so far has an audience just in the thousands, Lim has a dream of attracting millions of viewers curious about life on the other side of the last Cold War frontier."I started live streaming three years ago mainly to let people here witness what North Korea is really like," Lim, 47, told AFP.North Korean television is relayed by satellite to most of Asia, the Middle East and Africa. But its terrestrial signal south of the tense border is jammed by Seoul.While some South Koreans have been arrested for posting North Korean news, SPTV appears to be tolerated, though under close surveillance by the security authorities."It's not like we've been approved by the government, but they simply turn a blind eye to us in order to create a favorable atmosphere for unification," he said.South Korean government officials admit the authorities appear to be tolerating Lim's business."It's matter of judgement by security authorities, but SPTV is alive so far," said a spokesman at the unification ministry which handles cross-border affairs.Lim, a former North Korean army first lieutenant, said he fled to China after being involved in anti-government activities in the North and arrived in South Korea in 1993."When the two Koreas are unified, the South will have to embrace the North and to do that, people here must be familiar with the culture and lifestyle of North Koreans," he said.SPTV streams North Korean television for seven hours a day from 0800 GMT and edited footage is also posted online the next day.The content is largely propaganda eulogising North Korean leader Kim Jong-Il or extolling his leadership and reports of military affairs in the secretive communist state.News and other programmes are heavy with detailed accounts of Kim's field trips to various factories, farms and military units, stinging commentary attacking Seoul and Washington, or praising the virtue of hard work and blind allegiance and patriotism.Though little publicised, daily viewership of SPTV's live streaming service and other content on its website can reach up to 15,000, sometimes jamming its relatively small-capacity server, Lim said.The audience for SPTV seems to be mainly defectors and researchers on North Korean studies, and sometimes South Korean college students."At first, the government was worried that some South Korean supporters of the Kim Jong-Il regime would abuse my service, but ironically, many of them become anti-Kim after watching," Lim said."They said the scenes of North Korean residents so frantically worshipping Kim seemed ridiculous, to the point it became impossible to agree with the ideology."Lim relies on small monthly donations of between 1,000 and 10,000 won (90 cents to $9) from a few hundred supporters to help fund his shoestring operation."Now, I only have individual sponsors, so I fund the service with the money I earn by lecturing and running my clothing firm," Lim said.He said he was busy and tired but vowed to continue his service until the peninsula split at the end of World War II is re-unified."I'll try harder to increase the number of receivers to four million and to provide more interesting and meaningful content."The SPTV website has drawn a mixed response."How can this site relay broadcasting by commies so dauntlessly? I will report to security authorities," one visitor nicknamed "Viewer" said in a comment posted on the website."I don't agree with the philosophy of your company, but I'm visiting here just because I'm interested in North Korea's broadcasts," another visitor going by the name "Clean Dong" wrote.Read the full story here.
- Obama 'stimulus' working , now creating new jobs in Turkey!Turkey, US home to new T-Series Ford.(Hurriyetdaily).The Ford Motor Company will inject $1.7 billion into producing the new Ford Transit T-Series light commercial vehicle in Kansas U.S. and Gölcük in the northwestern province of Kocaeli, Turkey. The new Transit model is expected to hit global markets in 2013 and will be sold across all major continents. The current model, manufactured in Gölcük, is based on the one Ford has been producing since 1950. It has already been sold almost everywhere in the world except for the U.S., according to daily Hürriyet. Ford is now getting ready to launch the new T-Series model in the U.S. and is currently test driving the vehicle to prepare it for U.S. consumers and U.S. road conditions. The present U.S. favorite is the Econoline E-Series van. The Transit is expected to be 25 percent more fuel efficient. Read the full story here.
- Saudi Arabia to spend $100bn on 16 nuclear plants.(ArabNews).JEDDAH: Saudi Arabia will spend more than $100 billion to establish 16 nuclear energy plants in different parts of the country within the next few years, Commerce and Industry Minister Abdullah Zainal Alireza told a Saudi-US business forum in Atlanta.He made this comment while talking about the Kingdom’s efforts to develop solar and other renewable energy technologies to reduce dependence on oil and gas.“We have allocated $3 billion to produce solar energy panels in Jubail and Yanbu,” he added.Alireza said Saudi imports from the US are expected to cross $95 billion or 23 percent of the total US exports to Arab countries by 2012.“This amount is expected to double by 2015,” the minister said while highlighting the significance of Saudi Arabia as a big market in the Middle East".This goes in line with President Barack Obama's initiative for increasing US exports and creating 2 million new jobs for the Americans," he added.Hmmm.....Nuclear plants build with Pakistani aid?Read the full story here.
- Belgium - Brussels: Center for Equal Opportunities Turkish lecturer expressed antisemitic views during lecture on multiculturalism.(IIE).Via Joods Actueel (Dutch):Members of the Centre for Equal Opportunities and Opposition of Racism (CGKR) expressed racist views during a 'multicultural communications' course for high-level police officials. The course was given by two female lecturers. David Vroome (43), a police commissioner for the federal police, attended the course with twenty colleagues. He told Jewish news-site Joods Actueel that a Turkish lecturer made several questionable comments about gays, and then came down on the Jewish community.The lecturer spoke of several ethno-cultural communities in Brussels who live in their own neighborhoods, have their own shops and restaurants, but also have their own way of life: such as the Chines, Japanese and Eurocrats. Then she turned to the Jewish community. She said those people allow themselves everything because they have money and financial power, but also because Jews continuously bring up the past - a reference to the Holocaust, which, according to the lecturer, Belgium had nothing to do with.Other agents confirmed the story. One police commissioner who preferred to remain anonymous said that the audience were surprised by the statements. The other lecturer said nothing and continued as usual.Joods Actueel contacted Jozef De Witte, director of CGKR, who is currently in Washington. After some discussion De Witte finally conceded that such statements were antisemitic, but that he would have to check the context to see if it's a legal offense.Vroome intends to lodge a complaint against CGKR for racism, and says that whether those statements were legal or not, the center shouldn't employ such workers.Read the full story here.
- Kalashnikov found on member of Belgian extremist movement 'Sharia4Belgium'.(TWFI).(Googletranslate).The courts and the police want to move now to keep a closer eye, reports the Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad. Earlier this month upset potential supporters (video) of a motion debate on Islam in De Balie in Amsterdam. In that debate,including Green MP Tofik Dibi present.Weapons for sale on website : The search of Deurne was done after the member Sharia4Belgium the weapon had been offered for sale on a website. The man needed money and would have to sell the gun because he had a lack of funds.Evolution of jihadists group:According to Belgian newspaper the Sharia4Belgium movement turns around AbuImran leader of a group of extremist jihadis to faithful group that actively supports terrorist organizations.Discrimination and hate:Abu Imran must be on January 13 in court to answer for inciting discrimination andhatred.Read the full story here.
- The Netherlands - Secret Service Worried about Radical “Sharia4Holland” Muslim Group.(BNFTN).(Parool).The Dutch Intelligence Service, AIVD is worried about the rapid radicalization of the Muslim group “Sharia4Holland.” The AIVD remarked that the group appears increasingly in public and hands out flyers on the street. This group is held responsible for the disturbance in an Amsterdam meeting where Parliamentarian Tofik Dibi, (Green Left) had eggs thrown at him. Radical slogans were also shouted. Various parliamentarians of the Labor Party, the Christian Democrats and the Liberals have criticized the group. The Freedom Party wants the group to be prohibited.Read the full story here.
Sunday, December 11, 2011
Sheik Ahmad Abu Quddum of the Jordanian Tahrir Party, Discusses Jihad against Germany, Vows to Annihilate Israel, and Pledges to Impose the Jizya Poll Tax on Non-Muslims
Interviewer: Should the Muslims fight the People of the Book [i.e., Jews and Christians], in order to force them to pay the jizya poll tax? Should the Muslims fight all the People of the Book worldwide?
Sheik Ahmad Abu Quddum: This fighting is in order to remove obstacles. It is waged against countries, not against individuals. When we declare Jihad against Germany, for instance, it is declared against the German state, for refusing to allow Islam to spread to the people of Germany. We give them a choice: Either to convert to Islam, or to pay the jizya and submit to the laws of Islam. The jizya is the only tax paid by non-Muslims, whereas the Muslims pay the zakkat, the kharraj, and the rikkaz, as well as other taxes, if there is not enough money for the army…
Interviewer: So why does it come as a surprise that the Europeans fear you, when you say that we should fight them all…
Sheik Ahmad Abu Quddum: We should fight the states and the armies, not the people…
Interviewer: Exactly, you want to fight the states…
Sheik Ahmad Abu Quddum: We will not fight the people, we will not kill the people, but if a certain state insists on preventing the spreading of Islam on its soil, we will fight that state.
Interviewer: So Samuel Huntington's book The Clash of Civilizations, and even before that, Fokoyama, who predicted that the next conflict would be between Islam and the West… What you are saying means that they were right…
Sheik Ahmad Abu Quddum: There is indeed a clash of civilizations. They brought colonialism to us… If not for Jihad, Islam would not have reached us and all the other places. Within a quarter of a century, Islam reached most of the ancient world by means of Jihad. The common people want Islam. Anyone who doesn't can stick to his own religion. Here in the Levant, most of our forefathers were not Muslims, but they converted to Islam because of its goodness and justice. The small minority in the Muslim countries that remained…
Interviewer: Fine. Let me just ask you an important question. So, we are commanded to fight in order to spread the religion of Allah…
Sheik Ahmad Abu Quddum: Yes, this is Islam's way of spreading.
Interviewer: If you come to power, will you liberate Palestine?
Sheik Ahmad Abu Quddum: Yes, yes. Jihad should be declared in order to annihilate Israel. This is a monstrous entity that must be eradicated.
Interviewer: Would you agree to a Christian becoming finance minister, for example?
Sheik Ahmad Abu Quddum: No, I wouldn't. For starters, there are no ministries in Islam. There is an official who is empowered [by the imam]. This is one of the ruling positions, which are exclusively for Muslims. Anyone who is part of the rule – the head of state, who is the Caliph, the empowered official, the executive official, the wali, or the governor – must be a Muslim. Moreover, he must be a man. European countries live in prehistoric, prehuman times. Gay marriage – women with women and men with men… Is that your secularism??!
Political activist Omar Abu Rassa: Is that all you've seen in the West?!
Sheik Ahmad Abu Quddum: The millions who took to Wall Street shouted: "The people want to topple the regime." Don't you cut me off.
Omar Abu Rassa: The only thing you saw in the West was homosexuals? That's the West for you?
Sheik Ahmad Abu Quddum: What else do they have?
Omar Abu Rassa: Scientific accomplishments, freedom of thought…
Sheik Ahmad Abu Quddum: What scientific accomplishments?! We [Muslims] brought them there.
The future belongs to Islam. The Islamic caliphate is bound to come, as was foretold by our Prophet Muhammad. That there will be a caliphate following the path of the Prophet Muhammad. Source.
The downed Drone was not recovered or destroyed specifically per Obama’s orders.
(You might have to turn your volume up a little bit for this one)
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity situation South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands 6.0 - 6.1 ; Fiji 5.6 !More info here.
- Why Obama Will Not Veto NDAA Military Detention of Americans: He Requested It.(BLN).Source: Ralph LopezSen. Carl Levin (D-MI) on Senate floor explaining it was Obama who requested the provision for indefinite military detention of American citizens without charge or trial. Senator Diane Feinstein recently confirmed that she was unable to excise Section 1031 in an email: Senator Feinstein Confirms President and Military Can Detain US Citizens Without a Trial Like you, I oppose these provisions. Section 1031 is problematic because it authorizes the indefinite detention of American citizens without due process. In this democracy, due process is a fundamental right, and it protects us from being locked up by the government without charge. For this reason, I offered an amendment to prohibit the indefinite detention of U.S. citizens without trial or charge. Unfortunately, on December 1, 2011, this amendment failed by a vote of 45-55.I was, however, able to reach a compromise with the authors of the defense bill to state that no existing law or authorities to detain suspected terrorists are changed by this section of the bill. While I would have preferred to have restricted the government’s ability to detain U.S. citizens without charge, this compromise at least ensures that the bill does not expand the government’s authority in this area.In a stunning move that has civil libertarians stuttering with disbelief, the U.S. Senate has just passed a bill that effectively ends the Bill of Rights in America.The National Defense Authorization Act is being called the most traitorous act ever witnessed in the Senate, and the language of the bill is cleverly designed to make you think it doesn't apply to Americans, but toward the end of the bill, it essentially says it can apply to Americans "if we want it to..." Anonymous - Message to the American People: Full transcript at youtube. More in the following video from:Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, former Chief of Staff to Secretary of State Colin Powell.Wilkerson: New Military Powers the Road to Tyranny.Hmmmm....I bring reason to your ears, and, in language as plain as ABC, hold up truth to your eyes. ~ Thomas Paine, December 23, 1776.Read the full story here.
- Patriots to Rally Tuesday as Holder Plans Major Announcement on Voting Laws.(BigGovernment).Just when you thought Attorney General Eric Holder couldn’t get more sordid and arrogant, he has. His testimony last week before the House Judiciary Committee took the scandal plagued Justice Department into territory not traveled since John Mitchell worked overtime to conceal administration wrongdoing nearly four decades ago. Even Chairman Darrell Issa recognizes the comparison is appropriate.On Tuesday, Americans will have a rare chance to voice their disdain of the corruption and lies flowing from this Justice Department. They will have a chance to speak out against the radical and racialist law enforcement priorities of this Justice Department. Eric Holder comes to Austin, Texas to make a major announcement about voting laws, probably to acquiesce to some loud demand of the NAACP to block state efforts to ensure voter integrity. But a counter-rally organized by Catherine Engelbrecht and True the Vote will greet Eric Holder’s appearance in Austin, Texas at the LBJ Library at 4 p.m. America is invited, and here is a flier with details.You have a First Amendment right to petition your government for redress of grievances. Use it. So rarely has so much been worth grieving.As bad as Watergate was, it didn’t involve hundreds of murders, dead American law enforcement agents, and the illegal distribution of thousands of firearms. How long has it been since an Attorney General appeared before Congress and words such as “contempt” and “impeachment” were used by members as they were last week?The Fast and Furious scandal isn’t the only mess overseen by Eric Holder. His entire tenure has been characterized by racialist radicalism, disguised to some critics as mere incompetence. But it is far worse than incompetence, and to think otherwise is a mistake. From the dismissal of the voter intimidation case against racist anti-Semitic New Black Panther thugs, to the Mirandizing of battlefield captures in Afghanistan, Holder has presided over a systemic radicalization of the most powerful federal agency. This isn’t incompetence. It is radicalism.Many in Washington remain unconvinced of the extent of the destructive radicalism permeating this administration, and particularly the DOJ. In the speeches I give around the country, I lament that I wish Bill Clinton was still President. These are not your grandfather’s democrats. These are not just liberals. From bringing cases to force schools to allow child transvestites, to forcing schools to give Muslim teachers almost four weeks paid vacation for an Islamic pilgrimage, radicalism prevails.Ponder the racialist rot that Eric Holder carries in his wallet. I write in my book “Injustice“ about a clipping he has carried since 1971. Holder’s clipping says: Blackness is another issue entirely apart from class in America. No matter how affluent, educated and mobile [a black person] becomes, his race defines him more particularly than anything else. Black people have a common cause that requires attending to, and this cause does not allow for the rigid class separation that is the luxury of American whites. There is a sense in which every black man is as far from liberation as the weakest one if his weakness is attributable to racial injustice.In “Injustice,” I note: When asked to explain the passage, Holder replied, “It really says that … I am not the tall U.S. attorney, I am not the thin United States Attorney. I am the black United States attorney. And he was saying that no matter how successful you are, there’s a common cause that bonds the black United States attorney with the black criminal or the black doctor with the black homeless person.”When you witness Holder’s contempt for the rule of law, his disdain for enforcing civil rights and voting laws equally regardless of the race of the victim, and his disdain toward members of Congress, this quote explains a great deal.This Tuesday at 4 p.m., in Austin, Texas, at the LBJ library, Americans tired of this sort of contempt, this racialist lawlessness, have a chance to let the Attorney General know they expect something better from high office. See you in Austin.Hmmm.........I bring reason to your ears, and, in language as plain as ABC, hold up truth to your eyes. ~ Thomas Paine, December 23, 1776.Read the full story here.
- Navy buys biofuel for $16 a gallon from company with... Obama fundraising ties.(HotAir).By J.E.Dyer.This is going to help the Defense Department weather looming budget cuts, for sure. Teaming up with the Department of Agriculture (which has a cheery Rotary Club ring to it), the Navy has purchased 450,000 gallons of biofuel for about $16 a gallon, or about 4 times the price of its standard marine fuel, JP-5, which has been going for under $4 a gallon.You won’t be surprised to learn that a member of Obama’s presidential transition team, T. J. Glauthier, is a “strategic advisor” at Solazyme, the California company that is selling a portion of the biofuel to the Navy. Glauthier worked – shock, shock – on the energy-sector portion of the 2009 stimulus bill.The Navy sale isn’t Solazyme’s first trip to the public trough, of course. The company got a $21.8 million grant from the 2009 stimulus package.Solazyme’s partner in the biofuel sale is Dynamic Fuels, a Louisiana company owned jointly by Tyson Foods and Tulsa-based Syntroleum. Tyson and Syntroleum are distinguished by having profitable lines of business that do not rely on government grants to unprofitable “green” projects. This does not make their biofuel product price-competitive with fossil fuels, however. (They were induced to develop biofuel manufacturing processes by a combination of subsidies and tax breaks.)The Dynamic Fuels plant was opened for business in Geismar, LA in 2010, becoming by far the largest biofuels plant in North America – and reportedly, in combination with a plant in Finland, a producer of 94% of the world’s biofuels. This is great boosterism stuff, but the biofuels produced by Dynamic Fuels are still considerably more expensive than the fossil-fuel alternative. Dynamic Fuels has begun supplying aviation biofuel to KLM, the Dutch flag carrier, but of course, the use of more-expensive biofuels by commercial carriers has to be subsidized by governments.If governments stopped subsidizing biofuels, their artificial “profitability” would disappear overnight. Price-wise, they can’t compete with fossil fuels. The day may come when they can, but subsidizing them while they don’t is not a method with any record of success for encouraging price efficiency. What it does instead is create languishing public dependencies and tremendous opportunities for cronyism, as demonstrated in the Solyndra scandal.Read the full story here.
- The Bomb Buried In Obamacare Explodes Today-Hallelujah!(Forbes).By Rick Ungar.I have long argued that the impact of the Affordable Care Act is not nearly as big of a deal as opponents would have you believe. At the end of the day, the law is – in the main – little more than a successful effort to put an end to some of the more egregious health insurer abuses while creating an environment that should bring more Americans into programs that will give them at least some of the health care coverage they need.There is, however, one notable exception – and it’s one that should have a long lasting and powerful impact on the future of health care in our country.That would be the provision of the law, called the medical loss ratio, that requires health insurance companies to spend 80% of the consumers’ premium dollars they collect—85% for large group insurers—on actual medical care rather than overhead, marketing expenses and profit. Failure on the part of insurers to meet this requirement will result in the insurers having to send their customers a rebate check representing the amount in which they underspend on actual medical care.This is the true ‘bomb’ contained in Obamacare and the one item that will have more impact on the future of how medical care is paid for in this country than anything we’ve seen in quite some time. Indeed, it is this aspect of the law that represents the true ‘death panel’ found in Obamacare—but not one that is going to lead to the death of American consumers. Rather, the medical loss ratio will, ultimately, lead to the death of large parts of the private, for-profit health insurance industry.Why? Because there is absolutely no way for-profit health insurers are going to be able to learn how to get by and still make a profit while being forced to spend at least 80 percent of their receipts providing their customers with the coverage for which they paid. If they could, we likely would never have seen the extraordinary efforts made by these companies to avoid paying benefits to their customers at the very moment they need it the most.Today, that bomb goes off.Read the full story here.
- LightSquared disrupts 75% of GPS receivers in gov’t testing.(Hotair).The saga of LightSquared added a new chapter last night, as Bloomberg reported on the preliminary result of tests of the satellite Internet provider’s service in relation to GPS devices. The Obama administration has pushed LightSquared as a provider for its ambitious broadband expansion over the objections of the military, which warned that LightSquared’s operations would interfere with the satellite-based navigational system. The draft summary of the November testing shows that the military was right to be concerned: Philip Falcone’s proposed LightSquared Inc. wireless service caused interference to 75 percent of global-positioning system receivers examined in a U.S. government test, according to a draft summary of results.The results from testing conducted Oct. 31 to Nov. 4 show that “millions of fielded GPS units are not compatible” with the planned nationwide wholesale service, according to the draft seen by Bloomberg News.“LightSquared signals caused harmful interference to majority of GPS receivers tested,” according to the draft prepared for a meeting next week of U.S. officials reviewing the LightSquared proposal. “No additional testing is required to confirm harmful interference exists.”LightSquared, backed by $3 billion from Falcone’s Harbinger Capital Partners hedge fund, faces challenges from makers of global-positioning system devices who say the service will disrupt navigation by cars, boats, tractors and planes. U.S. regulators are withholding approval as they check on claims of interference.If that was all there was to this story, then this would just be another commercial venture that struck out, with little interest outside the tech fields involved. However, the overwhelming failure of LightSquared’s test puts allegations from last summer in a new light. In September, four-star Air Force General William Shelton accused the White House of pressuring him in August to change his Congressional testimony to make his assessment of LightSquared more favorable. Another Congressional witness told Eli Lake that the White House had “offered guidance” on how to testify favorably towards LightSquared. Why is this important? Philip Falcone is a big donor to the Democratic Party, and he has billions of dollars at stake in LightSquared’s approval. Also, Obama himself was an investor in LightSquared at one point, as were or are a number of his associates. The resounding failure in this test makes it look like the White House pressured witnesses to back off of exposing LightSquared’s product as exactly the kind of dangerous problem that critics had maintained all along — with the intent to mislead Congress into moving forward with LightSquared’s government contracts.One amusing note: LightSquared announced two days ago that the same tests showed no problems at all. After Bloomberg reported on the draft report, the company expressed outrage over the “leak” of “preliminary results.” Yeah, we’re with you on the leak outrage, pal.Congress needs to add this to its growing list of investigations into the Obama administration.Hmmmm........Thugocracy in it's natural habitat.Read the full story here.
- Muslim brotherhood:"move along nothing to see here".Egypt’s FJP denies turning journalists away from Kerry meeting.(Bikyamasr).CAIRO: The Freedom and Justice Party (FJP) denied reports it had turned away journalists from its headquarters on Saturday where a meeting between the chairman of the party Mohamed Morsy and John Kerry, head of the foreign relations committee in the US Congress and the American Ambassador in Cairo Ann Paterson.Egyptian newspaper al-Youm al-Saba’a reported that several journalists were barred from entering the facility to cover the meeting, while the FJP says no journalists were invited to begin with and denied telling reporters “we are home and we don’t want you to take pictures,” adding that this did not happen.“We didn’t send out invitations to the press and later released a statement about the meeting, so why would journalists show up if they are not invited,” Tareq Ahmed, media coordinator for FJP told Bikyamasr.com via the phone on Sunday.“No one showed up and was turned away,” Ahmed added.The meeting comes after the first round of the Egyptian parliamentary elections and has the Muslim Brotherhood’s political wing, the FJP, leading the polls and all eyes are on the results of the second and last stage, to begin on Monday.The meeting was also attended by Essam al-Erian, FJP deputy, and Mohamed al-Katatny, the general coordinator of the political arm of the Brotherhood’s party.FJP said the meeting discussed current affairs in Egypt, the economic crisis and where the party stands on the agreements and treaties that Egypt had previously signed, most notably the peace treaty with Israel.Morsy however, affirmed that the 1979 treaty previously signed will be respected for the greater good of the country.FJP said that Morsy explained to Kerry how for the very first time the Egyptian people are on the path to democracy with elections “going well,” while Kerry was quoted saying that the early wins of the FJP were “not surprising,” noting his and the American administration’s respect for the outcome of the elections.The first round of elections saw 36 percent going to the FJP followed by the ultra-conservative al-Nour Salafist party.On December 5, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton called on all Egyptian parties to push forward on democracy.Clinton called on all parties, including the Islamists who appear to have taken the lion’s share of votes, to push toward democratic principles.The US has praised the Egypt voting process thus far as fair.Clinton, however, addressed many of the rising fears among secular activists in the country that the revolutoin they participated in was being hijacked by the Islamist groups, who largely kept away from the 18 days of protests that led to the fall of Mubarak and paved the way for elections.“Transitions require fair and inclusive elections, but they also demand the embrace of democratic norms and rules,” she said. “We expect all democratic actors to uphold universal human rights, including women’s rights, to allow free religious practice.”Hmmm....Another 'most transparant administration' in the making?Note how all (Including Kerry) agreed not to mention Israel!Read the full story here.
- Russian regions say vote protests largely peaceful.(RN).Russian Authorized and unauthorized protests in dozens of Russian cities, in which at least 60,000 people across the country are estimated to take part, were largely peaceful.Read the full story here.
- Make Way for the Muslim Brotherhood International!(DocsTalk).By Barry Rubin.
“Arise, you prisoners of starvation!
Arise, you wretched of the earth!
For justice thunders condemnation:
A better world's in birth!”
So begins the Internationale, the theme song of Communism. So far it is perfectly acceptable for Islamists though some later verses make clear the Marxist movement’s secularism: “No savior from on high delivers.”The First Internationale of radical workers’ movements was founded in 1864; the Second, of Socialist parties, in 1889; the Third International, of Communist parties, in 1919; and the Fourth Internationale, of Trotskyist parties, in 1938. And now, though nobody will use this terminology, it’s time for the Fifth Internationale, that of the Muslim Brotherhoods. The precise relationships among different Brotherhood groups have always been shadowy. Clearly, this is not a centralized organization but there is a lot of help, including financial aid, among these groups. And the Egyptian branch is always the senior one. If there is any leader of the international movement it is the Egyptian Brotherhood's Supreme Guide Muhammad al-Badi and he's a real hardliner, even on the Brotherhood's spectrum.Today, as always, the Egyptian branch is the largest and most powerful. Founded in 1928, having collaborated with Nazi Germany, then carried out terrorism in the 1940s and early 1950s, the Brotherhood was suppressed by Egypt’s radical nationalist regime. It was allowed to revive in the 1970s but was constantly under harassment, though at times it ran in elections. Now it has emerged as the strongest political force in Egypt, seemingly headed toward state power for the first time.But it is not alone. The Jordanian branch has run with some success in elections but the monarchy has always ensured that it wouldn’t win. The Syrian branch was repressed bloodily in 1982 but continued underground and has now emerged as a significant power in the opposition. Indeed, the U.S. government and its Turkish allies constructed and now recognized an exiled opposition leadership that is dominated by the Brotherhood.The Palestinian branch, called Hamas, now rules the Gaza Strip. The Tunisian branch is forming a government and the Brotherhood is emerging in Libya, where it might be able to take power some day. Smaller groupings exist in other Arabic-speaking countries.Of special significance, the Brotherhood has spread to Europe and North America where it often--partly thanks to naïve governments and not-too-bright media coverage—dominates Muslim communities.Is it moderate? Think of the Brotherhood as to Islamism what the Communist Party was to Marxism. And that makes Egypt potentially the green equivalent of the Soviet Union. Oh, and it makes 2011 into the equivalent of 1917.Here's the man who I think is just about the best political analyst in the Arab world, Abd al-Rahman al-Rashid on this topic: "The Islamist party leaders hastened to embellish their image for the Western countries....Of course, these speeches are public relations acts, and could only be believed by someone ignorant about the region or by the logic of the religious parties. [At most, these claims of moderation] expresses the opinion of few leaders only, because the majority of leaders and cadres of these groups consider cleansing the society as their first duty, and it would not be long before they topple the tolerant leaders."Now the movement is emerging in the form of a transnational alliance between governments and powerful opposition movements in different countries. We are seeing the formation of this Muslim Brotherhood international, the alliance of these groups in Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, the Gaza Strip (Hamas), Jordan, and Syria, with financial backing from Qatar. We are going to be hearing more about this in the coming months and years.Here’s an example. The most important Islamist commander of the new Libyan military forces has been sent to Turkey to work with the Syrian opposition army.Is there any alliance on the other side? Any transnational organization of Arab centrist or even leftist parties? No.Is there any covert operations by Western countries to help the moderates with money and other aid to match what the Brotherhood is doing (and for that matter, Qatar, Iran, Turkey, or Syria)? Also, no.Why even the Obama Administration likes those loveable moderates who obey the rules of democracy.So if this battle is so one-sided who do you think is going to win?I feel like Sir Edward Grey, the British foreign secretary in 1914, who remarked at the onset of World War One: "The lamps are going out all over Europe. We shall not see them lit again in our time."Well, either I’m right or the Muslim Brotherhood will take to democracy like women to chadors and soon they’ll be patching potholes with the best of them and making painful compromises:“Ok, we’re agreed! Sharia law only applies on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays!”Think about this: In the year 2012 the overwhelming majority of Muslims in the Middle East--about a quarter-billion people--will be governed by radical Islamist regimes that believe in waging jihad on Israel and America, wiping Israel off the map, suppressing Christians, reducing the status of women even more than it is now, and their right as true interpreters of God's will to govern as dictators. (Egypt, Gaza Strip, Iran, Lebanon, Libya, Tunisia, and Turkey) That doesn't mean they are doing all of these things right now but they are intending to do so when they consolidate power fully.Hmmm....The 'people that the Obama regime promised $ 1.57 Billion for 2012. Read the full story here.
- New Warning About Muslim Brotherhood’s Influence on White House From…Liberal Marxist Muslim.(DocsTalk).By Billy Hallowell.You‘ll never guess who’s now warning about a Muslim Brotherhood influence at the White House. Newt Gingrich? Nope. John Bolton? Not exactly.Instead, it’s Canadian political activist, devout Muslim and self-described liberal Marxist, Tarek Fatah. Surprised? Back in June, Fatah appeared at Ideacity, Canada’s “Premier meeting of the minds” to share his shocking viewpoints on both mainstream and radical Islam (including the Muslim Brotherhood). During his fascinating talk, Fatah said that “the religion of Islam is being used as a tool by a fascist force.” It is important to note that Fatah is also a Muslim. Perhaps most shocking, though, were his words about the Muslim Brotherhood and its relation to the American presidency. He said: "instead of bringing victory over the fascist forces of the Muslim Brotherhood, we now recognize that their infiltration is right up to the American White House, but we can’t say that.”Watch these shocking words, here..He continued:“Today we are fighting another idea of Islamo-fascism that has shut our mouths and we can’t speak because we’re too scared that someone may turn around and call us a racist. And mind you, everyday as I speak, a few dozen Muslims would have been killed by now by these Jihadis.”Fatah went on to challenge Canadians to stand up against Islamists, warning that the “sponge-like spine“ people are showcasing when it comes to confronting the issue of radicalisation could lead to the end of ”civilization as we know it.” See him make this statement here: Aside from issuing warnings, Fatah tells Canadians to stand up for what’s right: here.So, considering these statements, the question still remains — Has the Muslim Brotherhood truly infiltrated the Obama White House? Fatah certainly seems to think so. His accusations, particularly those that focus on U.S. government infiltration, are worth exploring further.After all, how better to take down an opponent than to infiltrate U.S. leadership ranks? That, in fact, has been one of the Brotherhood’s plans for years. Cal Thomas writes:In 1991, a memo written by Mohamed Akram for the Shura Council of the Muslim Brotherhood spelled out the objective of the organization. Akram said the Muslim Brotherhood “must understand that their work in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and ‘sabotaging’ its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and God’s religion is made victorious over all other religions.”Back in February, there was an uproar after James Clapper, the Director of National Intelligence, publicly stated that the Muslim Brotherhood is a “heterogeneous group“ that is ”largely secular.” His bizarre and contrary to evidential statements, which can be viewed below, were made only hours after the Brotherhood claimed that Sharia law is its ultimate goal here.Considering these bold calls to action and warnings (particularly the charge that the Muslim Brotherhood has worked its way into the White House) one wonders if there is legitimate evidence to backup these claims. And if so, then who, in particular, has infiltrated the U.S. government?Trevor Loudon has a post on his web site that asks these same questions, while providing two potential names of individuals some say have ties to the Muslim Brotherhood. Here, we will examine these individuals to see if they do, indeed, have any connection to the radical political group.The first name mentioned in the Loudon piece is Rashad Hussain, a lawyer and the U.S. Special Envoy to the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC). In February 2010, Thomes wrote that Hussain’s appointment to the OIC “should be of serious concern to Congress and the American public.” According to FrontPage Magazine: The Global Muslim Brotherhood Daily Report took a look at Hussain’s official biography and found several concerning affiliations. The first is that in October 2000, Hussain spoke at a conference sponsored by the Association of Muslim Social Scientists, which was listed in an internal Muslim Brotherhood document as one of “our organizations and the organizations of our friends,” and the Prince Alwaleed Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding of Georgetown University, which receives Saudi funding and is directed by prominent Muslim Brotherhood advocate, John Esposito.Coincidentally, in 2003, Hussain was also a fellow at the Paul and Daisy Soros Foundation. Paul Soros is billionaire “philanthropist” George Soros’ brother. Additionally, FrontPage reported that Hussain “played a role” in the Muslim Students Association’s annual conference back in 2004. This group, too, was connected to the Muslim Brotherhood (in fact, it was founded by the Brotherhood) in 1963.It was at this conference that Hussain spoke with the daughter of Professor Sami Al-Arian. Al-Arian was convicted of being a leader of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad; he later admitted to being a Muslim Brotherhood member as well. At the event, Hussain defended Al-Arian and claimed that his legal ordeal was essentially “politically-motivated persecution.”But, it doesn’t end there. In May 2009, Hussein also spoke at a conference which was allegedly sponsored by Islamic Brotherhood affiliates. This being said, Hussein does support the term “Hamas terrorists” and there is no evidence that he has been sympathetic to the group. Still, Thomas writes, “…it is unsettling to see someone with Hussain’s background representing the United States to nations that may harbor or fund terrorists and want to destroy Israel and America.”The second name Loudon’s site mentions is Dalia Mogahed, who is coincidentally the Senior Analyst and Executive Director at the Gallup Center for Muslim Studies.In 2009, Obama nominated Mogahed to sit on his Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships. According to DiscovertheNetworks.org, she co-authored the book “Who Speaks for Islam?: What a Billion Muslims Really Think” with the controversial Esposito. Here, though, is where much of the controversy surrounding her stems from: In early October 2009, Mogahed was interviewed on a British television program hosted by Ibtihal Bsis, a member of the extremist Hizb ut Tahrir party, which seeks to facilitate the non-violent destruction of Western democracy and the creation of a worldwide Islamic state governed by Sharia Law. Bsis and another guest (also a member of Hizb ut Tahrir) stated that Sharia should be “the source of legislation” for all nations in the world; they also repeatedly condemned the “man-made law” and the “lethal cocktail of liberty and capitalism” that existed in Western societies. Mogahed did not dispute any of their assertions.Critics were upset over Mogahed’s refusal to take a stand against these claims. But, even more bizarre was her discussion during the interview of the West’s take on Sharia law (and her defense of it). DiscovertheNetworks.org continues: Instead, Mogahed stated that the Western view of Sharia was “oversimplified,“ and that the majority of Muslim women around the world associate Islamic Law with ”gender justice.“ ”I think the reason so many women support Sharia is because they have a very different understanding of Sharia than the common perception in Western media,” she said.In early 2010, Tablet Magazine called Mogahed, “The most important person shaping the Obama Administration’s Middle East message.” In the article, concern over her potential inability to distinguish between radicals and moderates is cited. The Investigative Project on Journalism has written extensively on Mogahed as well, claiming that she has been a staunch defender of both the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) and the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA).She has claimed that it would not be fair be unfair to see these groups become “disenfranchised” because of “misinformation” that is perpetuated. She has been quoted claiming that “there is a concerted effort to silence, you know, institution building among Muslims. And the way to do it is [to] malign these groups. And it’s kind of a witch hunt.”Of course, neither of the individuals can be conclusively tied to the Muslim Brotherhood. Are their connections and associations curious? Certainly. But, there is no direct evidence that they are working with the Muslim Brotherhood.Instead, they appear sympathetic to the causes and goals that the political movement embraces. Still, Fatah’s warning to Canadians and recent history do expose the potential for unsettling connections within the administration. Earlier this year, Robert Spencer reiterated the Obama administration’s connections with the Muslim Brotherhood: Obama first reached out to the Brotherhood when he chose the leader of a Muslim Brotherhood-linked group that had been named an unindicted co-conspirator in a Hamas terror funding case to give a prayer during his inauguration ceremonies. Ingrid Mattson, then-president of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), offered this prayer at the National Cathedral on Obama’s Inauguration Day—despite the fact that the ISNA has admitted its ties to the Brotherhood…Obama didn’t ask Mattson to explain the ISNA’s links to the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas. On the contrary: He sent his senior adviser, Valerie Jarrett, to be the keynote speaker at the ISNA’s national convention in 2009.These connections, to a degree, are troubling. As time progresses, the media will need to hold the administration accountable in terms of the individuals it brings on board and their stated opinions on the tenets of radical Islam.Hmmmm.......WHO paid for Obama's studies at Harvard?Read the full story here.
- Syrian activists call for general strike; defectors fight loyalist forces in the south.(Alarabiya).Activists called a general strike on Sunday to step up the pressure on Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s regime as hundreds of army defectors in southern Syria fought tank backed loyalist one of the biggest armed confrontations in the nine-month uprising.Troops, mainly from the 12th Armored Brigade, based in Isra, 40-km (25 miles) from the border with Jordan, stormed the nearby town of Busra al-Harir. The sound of explosions and heavy machineguns was heard in Busra al-Harir and in Lujah, an area of rocky hills north of the town, where defectors have been hiding and attacking military supply lines, witnesses said.Meanwhile, in a civil disobedience campaign, anti-regime protesters were organizing sit-ins, the closure of shops and universities, and the strike.The Local Coordination Committees, which organizes protests on the ground in Syria, has predicted the campaign would snowball, and said the strike was “the first step in an overall civil disobedience” campaign to overthrow the regime.But the opposition Syrian National Council and activists have warned of a looming bloody final assault on the city of Homs in central Syria.Witnesses in Homs, besieged by government troops, have reported a buildup of troops and pro-regime “shabiha” militiamen in armored vehicles who have set up more than 60 checkpoints, the SNC said.The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights warned of “inhabitants’ fears of a large invasion of the city,” in a statement issued on Saturday.“The arrival of hundreds of armored vehicles to the city of Homs during the last two weeks estimated, according to witnesses,” to number more than 200, the Britain-based rights watchdog said in the English-language statement.“The spread of security leaks that the regime decided to extinguish the revolution in Homs within 72 hours by giving the security forces and Shabiha (militia) unlimited powers to not be merciful towards the unarmed civilians.”The United States, France and Britain have all warned Damascus against any bloody assault on Homs and said the regime would be held responsible for any heavy loss of life.The bloodshed, meanwhile, continues to claim more lives, with activists reporting more than 50 deaths since Friday when the Observatory said at least 41 civilians, including seven children, were shot dead by security forces.The Damascus region and Homs paid the heaviest price.And at least 14 civilians were reported killed Saturday, including four hit when security forces fired live ammunition and tear gas at mourners in Maaret Numan in Idlib province and three others hit by “machinegun fire in Hama.”On Friday, a U.S. State Department spokeswoman said: “It is extremely concerning that in places like Homs we have huge number of reports that they are preparing something large-scale.“They are not going to be able to hide who’s responsible if there is a major assault on the weekend.”Syria rejected that characterization of events: “There is no policy of crackdown,” Foreign Ministry spokesman Jihad Makdesi told Reuters in an e-mail. “The Syrian forces are there to protect civilians and maintain law and order that is breached by those who are carrying arms against the State.“The story of peacefulness of the protest is no longer a valid story in some places,” he said. “Syria needs evolution and not armed confrontation.”Separately, the official Syrian news agency SANA said the so-called BRICS group of developing economic powers - Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa - “reiterated its absolute rejection to any interference in Syrian affairs”.It cited a message from Russia’s U.N. ambassador Vitaly Churkin to the United Nations Security Council, which has been the forum for sharp divisions over Syria between the Western powers on the one hand and Russia and China on the other.Such differences, and Syria’s pivotal position at the heart of a web of regional conflicts, mean few see much possibility for the kind of Western military action seen this year in Libya.The Arab League has been pressing Syria, under threat of sanctions, to remove troops from its towns and let in observers. Egypt’s MENA news agency said on Saturday Arab foreign ministers will meet in Cairo at the end of the week to discuss a response to what it called a conditional Syrian acceptance of monitors.Syria, which blames the violence on armed “terrorist” gangs, wants the bloc to lift sanctions in return for allowing in observers.Turkey warned Syria on Friday it would act to protect itself if the crushing of protest threatened regional security and unleashed a tide of refugees on its borders.U.N. Human Rights Commissioner Navi Pillay has said more than 4,000 people have been killed in the government crackdown on dissent in Syria since the anti-regime protest movement broke out in March.Pillay is to brief the U.N. Security Council on Syria and the wider Middle East at a meeting on Monday.Read the full story here.
- Wanted "Cucumber Fatwa Sheik"?Editorial: On Bikyamasr.com’s coverage of the “cucumber sheikh”.(BikyaMasr).The past week has seen unprecedented scrutiny of our work here at Bikyamasr.com. The responses, comments and emails we have received over the article, “Islamic cleric bans women from touching cucumbers, bananas for sexual resemblance,” have been numerous. As a young news organization striving to report the news in the most honest, straightforward and timely manner possible, we are concerned over the manner of both our reporting on this issue and the way our article was used by a number of global organizations to promote their own partisan agendas.Looking back, it was my own editorial oversight that failed in allowing this story to be published. Editorially, it was my duty to not publish this story before we could gather independent verification about the details behind the original Arabic article from Assawsana.com, the article that we referenced in writing our piece. Furthermore, I originally and mistakenly quoted Assawsana.com as “El-Senousa.com,” only furthering the confusion and mistakes involved in this report.As Editor of Bikyamasr.com, I am disappointed that I did not catch and hold this piece. The “Islamic cleric bans women from touching cucumbers, bananas for sexual resemblance,” article should not have run when it did. Arguably, it should not have been run at all. We should not have published about an “unnamed sheikh” in an unnamed European country unless we were able to garner more information on the issue, both on the sheikh himself and the news website the information was gathered from, independently.We realize that as a growing news organization with a growing reputation and readership, we have an increased responsibility to not only verify our own material at the highest levels, but further investigate the quotes and articles of other news organizations before referencing their work.This is our error. We apologize for the poor judgment on the matter. It is inexcusable. While the exact quote reported by Assawsana.com may well have been exactly what it was reported to be by that website, without a name and location behind this person and comment, it is difficult to find the information credible.We recognize our pitfalls and their repercussions. The fact that this story was quoted by a large number of news organizations across the globe shows that our error in judgment can have serious, detrimental effects. For this, we would like to apologize to our readers for the inadequate editorial judgment I, as Editor and Founder, made in this instance.This said, we will learn from our mistakes, as larger and more established news organizations have learned and continue to learn from theirs. Journalism has a steep learning curve, and as a news organization grows, the costs of learning become more difficult to bear. The repercussions of our lessons learned are becoming more serious and are imposing a higher cost on our readers.The reality, in this circumstance, is that we should not have sourced a piece published by a small website based on such limited, unverifiable information. We accept responsibility for doing so and are working to correct the aspects of our organizational culture which allowed this mistake to occur.We view this mistake as a significant learning opportunity for us; a chance to grow and improve the work we do here at Bikyamasr.com. As such, and as part of a greater expansion plan we have been developing for the past few months, we are working hard to expand our operations and bring a number of new, experienced editors and writers to our small editorial team. Despite this mistake, we will continue to maintain our independence and provide the best and most credible news possible to our readers.Reporting in a fair and accurate manner on Islam is a difficult process, and one that Bikyamasr.com takes very seriously. We will continue to push for more information on this story, from Assawsana.com and other sources, in order to interrogate the accuracy of their original article. If we cannot uncover more information, then we take it as our duty to make this clear and do everything in our power to spread that revelation to those who have sourced and quoted us this past week.At the end of the day, we employed poor judgment on this article, for which we apologize. We are working to correct our mistake and guarantee that the potential validity or invalidity of this story is quickly verified. We apologize to our readers for letting them down, and will strive to assure them with our future work that we are making fundamental, institutional changes to assure that mistakes like this do not happen again.Hmmmm......The "long arm of the 'Islamic' law"got hold of the editor?Read the full story here.
- International Human Rights Day, but not for Kurds.(Firat).Arrests and imprisonment of Kurds sees no pause under Turkish ruling party AKP (Justice and Development Party). Yeasterday was International Human Rights Day. Yet in Turkey human rights are far from being respected. Figures speak clearly and it is always worth it to remind that figures mean people, human being with a name and a surname. The number of politicians and human rights defenders who were arrested within the scope of so-called KCK (Kurdish Communities Union) operations has reached about five thousand. The main target of this operation has been the BDP (Peace and Democracy Party) which still has five deputies in prison. One legally elected deputy, Hatip Dicle, was stripped off of his legal mandate after being elected. Five MYK (Central Executive Board) members, 12 PM members, 28 provincial and district chairs, 46 executives, 13 mayors and deputy mayors and 29 provincial council members of BDP have been arrested within the last seven months. An average of nine Kurds were taken into custody per day (since May 2011) and among them five were arrested as a result of the KCK operations carried out across the country. The pressure and destruction operations of the Turkish state against Kurds have remarkably increased in the period of the AKP government for the last ten years. This policy, which showed its face as unidentified murders in 1990’s, continues with intense arrests of the AKP government. Besides deputies, almost all executives and representatives of the BDP have been exposed to legal proceedings within this process. According to data by the party, 3,894 out of 7,748 detainees have been remanded in custody since 14 April 2009. Arrests, notably increasing in the post-election process of this year, mainly targeted the members of BDP municipalities and provincial councils.Read the full story here.
- Senator John Kerry and U.S. Ambassador Visit FJP, Discuss Egypt's Democratic Transition, forget about Israel's existence.(Ikhwan).Dr. Mohamed Morsi, Chairman of the Freedom and Justice Party (FJP), Saturday 10 Dec, met Senator John Kerry, Chairman of the U.S. Congress Foreign Relations Committee, and Anne Patterson, U.S. Ambassador in Cairo.The meeting was also attended by Dr. Essam El-Erian, FJP Vice-Chairman, and Dr. Mohamed Saad Katatni, the party’s Secretary-General.At the beginning of the meeting, Dr. Mohamed Morsi welcomed Kerry and Patterson. He mentioned that Egyptian parliamentary elections are going in the direction of the popular will in Egypt, pointing out that the Egyptian people began to positively practice true democracy after the January 25 revolution and the fall of the former regime.John Kerry stated that he was not surprised at the progress and leading position of the FJP on the electoral landscape in Egypt, emphasising his respect for the public will in Egypt.A discussion followed, about the vision of the party on how to take the country out of the current economic crisis and the position of the party on international treaties and conventions signed by Egypt.Dr. Morsi said Egypt suffers from internal and external crises, and that the first step to remedy these crises is to put the proverbial Egyptian house in order and work for the independence of the legislative and executive authorities, starting with the Parliament.Dr. Morsi stated that the party is unlikely to make radical changes in the Constitution and laws dealing with investors, explaining that there is a consensus on the key points in the new Constitution, most important of which are: rights of citizenship, civil liberties and civil rights, while there is a need to make certain amendments in Chapter V regarding the powers of the President of the Republic and the regime in Egypt.Kerry welcomed the FJP vision and called on all Egyptian political stakeholders and parties to work to urgently apply essential mechanisms for the advancement of the economic situation to ensure the survival of the democratic experience in Egypt.Dr. Morsi mentioned that the FJP does not wish to pre-empt the right of the Constituent Assembly that will be formed and which has the responsibility and the right to set the political system appropriate for Egypt through consensus among participants in that Assembly.With regard to the position of the FJP on the international conventions signed by Egypt, Dr. Morsi stressed that Egypt is a big country with a long honourable history and plays an important role in Arab, Islamic and international issues, and therefore respects the conventions and treaties that were signed, calling for the U.S. administration to hear the peoples not to hear of them, asserting that America could play a role in the economic development and stability of various peoples of the world, if it wished. Hmmm....One thing all agreed upon was not to mention "ISRAEL"!Read the full story here.
- Belgium - Four family members convicted of 'honor' murder.(IIE).Via Knack (Dutch):
On Friday the Court of Assize of Henegouwen convicted the four members of the Pakistani Sheikh family of the murder of Sadia Sheikh (22).Tariq Sheikh, Sadia's father, and her brother Mudusar were convicted by the jury,with aggravating circumstances since it was an honor murder and an attempted forced marriage. Parveen, Sadia's mother, and her sister Sariya, were also convicted of murder, with aggravating circumstances of honor murder, but were acquitted of the charges of attempted forced marriage.The jury convicted the four family members after three weeks of debates in court. Sadia was a senior of law at the Charleroi university college. She was murdered on October 22, 2007 in the Lodelinsart section of the city.Mudusar's conviction was based on his confession, and due to the fact that he committed the murder in order to restore the family's honor, which had been violated by his sister who, as a woman, refused to submit.Regarding father Tariq Sheikh there were various issues to his detriment, including the speedy conclusion of the forced marriage with a cousin in Pakistan via webcam and the administrative steps he took to officialize the marriage.Sariya was convicted due to ballistic analysis which linked her to the incident. The mother stated in her testimony that she preferred her daughter die rather than marry a non-Muslim.During the court case the prosecution and civil parties who had joined the suit, the Institute for Equality of Men and Women and the Union of Independent Health Services, tried to show that every member of the family played a significant role in Sadia's murder.The defense claimed that the investigation was blemished by the media attention to the crime. The family's lawyers also claimed that, except for Mudusar, there was enough doubt against conviction.Read the full story here.
- H 4339 A House resolution to commend the nation of Israel.(EmbraceIsrael).South Carolina General Assembly - 119th Session, 2011-2012 - H. 4339.
Resolution sponsor: Representative Alan D. Clemmons, Et AlIntroduced in the House on June 2, 2011
Adopted by the House on June 2, 2011
A HOUSE RESOLUTION
TO COMMEND THE NATION OF ISRAEL FOR ITS RELATIONS WITH THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND WITH THE STATE OF SOUTHCAROLINA.
Whereas, Israel has been granted her lands under and through the oldest recorded deed as reported in the Old Testament, a tome of scripture held sacred and reverenced by Jew and Christian, alike, as the acts and words of God; and
Whereas, as the Grantor of said lands, God stated to the Jewish people in the Old Testament; in Leviticus, Chapter 20, Verse 24: “Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey”; and
Whereas, God has never rescinded his grant of said lands; and
Whereas, along with the grant of said lands to the Jewish people, God provided for the non-Jewish residents of the land in commanding that governance must be in one law for all without drawing distinction between Jewish and non-Jewish citizens, as contained in Leviticus 24:22; and
Whereas, the Nation of Israel declared its independent control and governance of said lands on May 14, 1948, with the goal of reestablishing their God-given lands as a homeland for the Jewish people; and
Whereas, the United States of America, having been the first country to recognize Israel as an independent nation and as Israel’s principal ally, has enjoyed a close and mutually beneficial relationship with Israel and her people; and
Whereas, indeed, Israel is the United States of America’s greatest friend in the Mideast; and
Whereas, the roots of Israel and the roots of the United States are so intertwined that it is difficult to separate one from the other under the word and protection of almighty God; and
Whereas, there are those in the Middle East who have sought to destroy Israel from its inception as a nation; and
Whereas, those same haters of Israel also hate, and seek to destroy, the United States of America; and
Whereas, the State of South Carolina and the nation of Israel have enjoyed cordial and mutually beneficial relations since 1948, a friendship that continues to strengthen with each passing year. Now, therefore,
Be it resolved by the House of Representatives:
That the members of the South Carolina House of Representatives, by this resolution, commend the nation of Israel for its relations with the United States of America and with the State of SouthCarolina.
Be it further resolved that the members of this body support Israel in their natural and God-given right of self-governance and self-defense upon their own lands, recognizing that Israel is neither an attacking force nor an occupier of the lands of others, and that peace can be afforded the region only through a united Israel governed under one law for all people.
Be it further resolved that a copy of this resolution be forwarded to the Speaker of the House of Representatives of each of South Carolina’s sister states within the United States of America with the request and recommendation of this body that a similar resolution to that stated herein be proposed within their respective bodies.Hmmm....Hear,hear!Read the full story here.