Wednesday, November 30, 2011
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity situation Philipines 5.9 - 6.0 ; Tonga 5.2 ; Turkey 5.0 ; Peru 5.0 !More info here.
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- Britain Orders Immediate Closure of Iranian Embassy in London.(Fox).LONDON – Britain's foreign secretary William Hague said Wednesday that the UK was ordering the immediate closure of the Iranian embassy in London and that Britain was closing down its embassy in Tehran."We require the immediate closure of the Iranian embassy in London and for staff to leave the country," Hague told British lawmakers in a statement to parliament.Hague added that Iranian diplomats "must leave the United Kingdom within the next 48 hours."The closure follows the storming of the British Embassy in Tehran on Tuesday by hardline student protesters. All UK staff have now left Iranian soil, Hague confirmed.Hague said Britain's move to close the Iranian embassy did not amount to the complete severing of diplomatic ties between the two countries.He said despite Tuesday's attack, continued diplomatic communications between UK and Iran remained "desirable," but warned that the attack on Britain's embassy would not be tolerated."Such a flagrant breach of international responsibilities will not be tolerated," he said.Hmmm.....l'histoire se répète.Read the full story here.
- Update:Fars has pointed to Tehran's response, "The Foreign Ministry will declare soon that all UK diplomats will be expelled from Iran within hours."here.
- Palestinian Islamic Jihad Leader Hails Iranian Students for Raiding British Embassy.(FNA). TEHRAN - A senior leader of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad Movement praised the Iranian university students for their courageous occupation of the British embassy in Tehran, saying that it is natural for any given country to expel its enemies."It is natural for the Iranian nation, with the students at the top of them, to rise to clean this arrogant dirt from their country's soil," Ahmad al-Modallel told FNA on Wednesday. His remarks alluded to the thousands of angry university students who raided and occupied the British embassy in Tehran Tuesday night in protest at London's hostile policies against Iran. Modallel also blamed the British government for the homelessness and miseries of the Palestinian nation, and reiterated that given the arrogant and criminal actions taken by London, occupation of the British embassy by the Iranian people, as a freedom-seeking nation, and their demand for the expulsion of British diplomats from their country are not at all surprising. The Iranian students move came after the Iranian legislators in an open session of the parliament on Sunday approved the bill of a law on downgrading relations with Britain with 179 yes votes, 4 oppositions and 11 abstentions. The 4 oppositions demanded a full cut of ties with London.The Iranian students complained that lowering ties with Britain is not enough and Tehran's relations with "the old cunning fox" should be cut totally. Hmmm....Don't you love those 'Palestinian peace partners'?Read the full story here.
- UK expels Iranian ambassador and France has now announced the withdrawal of its ambassador from Tehran.(Ynet).Britain will expel all Iranian diplomats stationed in London following the storming of its embassy in Tehran on Tuesday, Foreign Secretary William Hague announced Wednesday. Iranian diplomats of all levels were give 48 hours to leave Britain.Hague told the British Parliament that Iranian ambassadors across Europe have been summoned to receive strong protests over the raid."They cannot expect to have a functioning embassy here," he said, adding that despite the move, the UK was still "not severing ties with Iran entirely." Still, relations between London and Tehran have now been downgraded to the lowest level. Iran foreign ministry slammed the decision as "hasty," adding that Tehran "holds Britain responsible for security of its diplomatic properties in the UK… Iran will take further appropriate action against Britain," the Iranian state TV said.Earlier Wednesday, London announced it was closing down its embassy in Iran and withdrawing all British diplomats stationed in the Islamic Republic. Shortly after, Hague ordered the immediate closure of the Iranian Embassy in London, effectively expelling all diplomatic staff. Iran's parliament had previously voted to reduce diplomatic ties with the UK. Tuesday's attack, which saw hundreds of protesters storm the British embassy followed Britain's decision to impose further sanctions on Iran over its adamant refusal to suspend its nuclear program. Paris strongly condemned the raid and has summoned Iran's current senior envoy to the French capital over the incident. French Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bernard Valero indicated that the Iranian Charge d'Affaires Amir Miri has been called in to the Ministry and was told that France "very firmly condemns the attack and unacceptable pillage" at the British mission. France said on Wednesday it was recalling its ambassador from Iran for consultations.Germany also summoned the Iranian ambassador to Berlin over the storming of the British embassy in Tehran, saying Iran was bound under international law to protect foreign missions. "I gave the order today for the Iranian ambassador to be summoned to the Foreign Ministry," Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle told reporters after talks with his Greek counterpart Stavros Dimas.Germany has also recalled its ambassador from Iran for consultations, as have Italy and The Netherlands. Following recent events, britain may support an embargo on Iranian oil imports following, a diplomatic source said. "Now that the UK has downgraded diplomatic relations with Iran, it will support increased sanctions...and would likely go ahead with those sanctions unilaterally or with France and Germany," he said. Former UK Foreign Secretary David Miliband urges condemnations of Iran not to lead to a "drumbeat of war". William Hague says the UK is not advocating military action in Iran.Hmmmm..........."CHANGE"?Read the full story here.
- Iranian Navy Equips Naval Vessels with Anti-Ship Cruise Missile.(Fars).Speaking to FNA, Iranian Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari stated that Qader missile with a range of 200km is "one of the strongest and most precise naval missiles" of the Islamic Republic of Iran. The commander added that a large number of such missiles have already been delivered to the Iranian naval combat units. Sayyari stated that the Iranian Navy is now using Qader as a coast-to-sea and surface-to-surface missile, and noted that the cruise missile can be mounted onto different types of choppers as well. Late in September, the Iranian Defense Ministry supplied large numbers of Qader missiles to the naval forces of the Army and the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) to boost Iran's naval power. The Iranian defense minister said at the time that Qader is an anti-ship cruise missile with a range of 200km and enjoys a short launch time and is able to hit all naval vessels, including frigates and warships, as well as onshore enemy targets. Also on November 21, the Iranian Defense Ministry supplied a large number of highly advanced coast-to-sea cruise missiles to the Army's naval forces. The move came on the verge of the National Navy Day on November 28.Iran's naval power has even been acknowledged by foes. In a Sep. 11, 2008 report, the Washington Institute for the Near East Policy said that in the two decades since the Iraqi imposed war on Iran, the Islamic Republic has excelled in naval capabilities and is able to wage unique asymmetric warfare against larger naval forces. According to the report, Iran's Navy has been transformed into a highly motivated, well-equipped, and well-financed force and is effectively in control of the world's oil lifeline, the Strait of Hormuz.Hmmmm.....Oil $300/Barrel?Read the full story here.
- Welcome to the post-racial presidency: Obama 2012 campaign will 'abandon the white working class'.(DougRoss).The New York Times offers the highlights of the newly revised presidential reelection strategy:...preparations by Democratic operatives for the 2012 election make it clear for the first time that the party will explicitly abandon the white working class......All pretense of trying to win a majority of the white working class has been effectively jettisoned in favor of cementing a center-left coalition made up [of a] substantial constituency of lower-income voters who are disproportionately African-American and Hispanic......A top priority of the less affluent wing of today’s left alliance is the strengthening of the safety net, including health care, food stamps, infant nutrition and unemployment compensation. These voters generally take the brunt of recessions and are most in need of government assistance to survive...How very far he has fallen since his keynote address at the 2004 Democrat National Convention....even as we speak, there are those who are preparing to divide us — the spin masters, the negative ad peddlers who embrace the politics of “anything goes.” Well, I say to them tonight, there is not a liberal America and a conservative America — there is the United States of America. There is not a Black America and a White America and Latino America and Asian America — there’s the United States of America.In other words, someone is preparing to divide us -- a spin master, a negative ad peddler who embraces the politics of "anything goes" -- and is willing to do anything to retain power.Read the full story here.
- Sheriff Joe: If I Prove Obama was Born in Kenya, What Will be Done About It?(Floydreports).By Susanne Eovaldi.“I want to see the microfiche,” Sheriff Joe Arpaio told a packed East Orlando Tea Party audience last week. In explaining his Birther Posse activities, he said his group of 60 retired cops and attorneys should have a report for him as early as January or February, because they are searching around the clock to discover where the president was really born.Delivering a keynote speech to his rapt listeners, Arpaio said the 1961 microfiche holds the key to determining if Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii or Kenya. “Twins were born before Barack Obama, and now we have to see if he was born the next day.” But Sheriff Joe said he won’t be taking any bets on his posse getting the microfilm. He expressed consternation that the regular media are just not talking about the Obama birth issue, although it is on people’s minds all across the country.Arpaio, who has 50 years of law enforcement experience, said proudly, “I serve the public; the public is my boss.” When a group of Arizona Tea Party members came to him to do something about the Birther issue, he agreed to look into the situation. But in a more veiled question, Arpaio asked if he and his cold case posse can prove Obama was not born in Hawaii the day after the Nordyke twins, “What will be done about it?”Clearly, the problem of Barack Obama’s birth authentication was primary in the minds of Sheriff Joe’s audience, but the next big topic they wanted him to talk about was illegal immigration. He called the electric fence that covers some parts of the southern border a joke easily breached by Mexican drug dealers. “They’re not cartels; they’re really international drug traffickers.” the Arizona lawman said. He explained the long term damage being done to the United States from failure to secure our borders and stop illegal immigration.Our economy, our law enforcement, our diplomatic relations, our political process, and the American basic sense of fairness are all being damaged by allowing illegals to take jobs of U.S.citizens.“This false identification is a very serious crime,” he said. Some reports are putting the illegal immigration figures as being the highest ever in our country’s history.When compared to the 50-plus million American babies aborted since Roe v. Wade was signed into law, we have to weep from what progressive Democrat governance has done to our proud nation. Why are so many liberal agencies investigating Sheriff Joe, but at the same time not investigating obvious Constitutional infractions? He said it well when he said, “Let’s work together and get back operational control of our country, and help clean up this mess.”Read the full story here.
- Audio: Eric Holder Loses his Cool over Fast and Furious.(BN).After leaving the stage at the White House, Attorney General Eric Holder was approached by Daily Caller reporter Neil Munro about the rising number of congressmen who are calling for Holder's resignation over Operation Fast and Furious. Holder angrily shot back that the Caller is responsible and that the resignation calls are 'not organic.It may be safe to say that Holder is getting a bit testy about his upcoming appearance in front of the House Judiciary Committee on December 8th. That hearing will be a must-watch as Oversight Committee chairman Darrell Issa is on that committee, along with Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) and Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT), who have both been bulldogs on this scandal.Read and hear the full story here.
- "They eat horses don't they?"Obama Legalizes Horse Slaughter.(IOC).On the eve of the Thanksgiving holiday, Barack Obama broke a campaign pledge and signed a bill legalizing the slaughter of American horses for human consumption.Congress banned the slaughter of horses in 2006 by withholding funding for inspectors. A handful of Congressmen removed the amendment from a mandatory spending bill that arrived on the president’s desk just before Thanksgiving.Obama quietly signed the bill on November 18, despite having promised to maintain the ban at all costs during the 2008 campaign. Asked in a questionnaire, “Will you support legislation…to institute a permanent ban on horse slaughter and exports of horses for human consumption,” Obama simply responded, “Yes.”Horse slaughter plants are now planned in at least eight states, including Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, Missouri, Nebraska, and Georgia.Already more than 100,000 American horses are slaughtered each year,
including 10,000 Thoroughbreds.Horses are regularly administered drugs that are unsafe for human consumption. For example, equine pain is often treated with Phenylbutazone (or “bute”), a carcinogen the FDA banned for human use after observing regular “toxic reactions,” such as “blood dyscrasias, including aplastic anemia, leukopenia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, and deaths.”Nonetheless, horse meat is considered a delicacy in France, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, and Belgium.Read the full story here.
- Hero Marine Sgt. Dakota Meyer Sues Defense Giant After Sniper Scope Fight.(Wired).Marine Sgt. Dakota Meyer is perhaps this country’s best-recognized war hero, a man who risked his life over and over again to save his buddies from a Taliban ambush. That’s why he’s the only living Marine to be awarded the Medal of Honor — the nation’s highest award for valor — for his actions in Afghanistan or Iraq. It’s undoubtedly one reason why the defense giant BAE Systems hired Meyer after he left the Corps.Then, BAE considered selling high-tech sniper rifle scopes to the Pakistani military. Meyer objected, given Islamabad’s um, unambiguous relationship with the terrorists and militants based in Pakistan. Then he quit. Suddenly, Meyer’s former bosses at BAE started calling the war hero “mentally unstable” and a drunk.That’s according to a lawsuit Meyer filed against BAE, which alleges that the defense behemoth blocked the retired Marine from getting a job with a competitor by slandering his character.Things started to unravel earlier this year, BAE sought to sell advanced thermal optic scopes to the Pakistanis for their sniper rifles. That’s 100 percent legal, thanks to the U.S. government’s decade-long decision to sell the Pakistanis billions of dollars’ worth of military gear, in the hope of cementing Islamabad’s commitment to fighting terrorism. But BAE employee Meyer questioned whether the sale was responsible.“We are taking the best gear, the best technology on the market to date and giving it to guys known to stab us in the back,” Meyer wrote to his supervisor, according to the Wall Street Journal‘s Julian Barnes, who obtained Meyer’s lawsuit.It might be added that Meyer’s tour near the border with Pakistan might have given him a particular sensitivity to the risks associated with arming the Pakistani military. The U.S. commander in charge of eastern Afghanistan, Lt. Gen. Curtis Scaparrotti, recently told reporters that those alleged U.S. allies help insurgents rocket U.S. troops on the border. It would seem that Meyer hasn’t stopped trying to save U.S. troops in danger.BAE now has a massive P.R. problem on its hands — the latest of many. For years, officials in Britain and in America have investigated the firm on bribery and corruption charges. In 2010, the company agreed to pay a $400 million fine for violating arms control restrictions, and lying to federal officials about the BAE’s actions. That was followed up by an additional $48 million fine in 2011.Spokespeople declined to comment on the lawsuit to the Journal. But the company, which makes everything from anti-ship microwave guns to stealthy killer drones to freaky invisibility cloaks for tanks, risks calling a war hero an exaggerator or a liar in defending itself. Good luck with that oneRead the full story here.
- Preparing for the Worst. The High Price of Abandoning the Euro.In depth analysis.(Spiegel).By David Böcking. There is mounting speculation that the euro zone will break apart, or even that the single currency will be abandoned altogether. It often sounds as if such scenarios wouldn't be so bad for Germany. In fact the consequences would be catastrophic for Europe and for its largest economy. The warning signs are mounting, and fresh news is adding to the gloom every day. Britain's financial watchdog has instructed banks to brace for a possible break-up of the euro zone. British currency trader CLS Bank is reportedly conducting stress tests to prepare for this worst-case scenario. Polish Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski made a dramatic appeal to Germany on Monday to prevent a collapse of the currency union, saying: "We are standing on the edge of a precipice."German investors are jettisoning derivatives on a large scale because they have lost confidence in the instruments. For the first time, it appears, people across Europe regard the downfall of the euro as a real possibility. Is it really for the first time, though? In fact, scenarios for the euro's breakup are older than the currency itself. At the end of 1998, Harvard Law School Professor Hal Scott published a paper called "When the Euro Falls Apart." He put the chances of the euro failing at around 10 percent. Today, that's a real prospect. According to Mark Cliffe, the chief economist of ING Bank, "even the most ardent euro admirer must concede that the probability of countries leaving or the breakup of the euro zone is no longer zero."The economist Nouriel Roubini, known as "Dr. Doom" because he predicted the 2008 financial crisis, recently put the likelihood of the euro zone collapsing at 45 percent. But such expert forecasts sound abstract to most people. What would be the concrete consequences and costs of a euro apocalypse -- for Europe and for Germany? Here's an assessment.Read the full story here.
- Al-Shabab Bans U.N., Western Aid Organizations Due To Their 'Illicit Activities'.(Memri).On November 30, 2011, the Somali Al-Qaeda-affiliated group Al-Shabab Al-Mujahideen released a statement on the Al-Fida jihadi forum about its decision to ban 16 organizations working in the country, due to alleged "illicit activities."Hmmm.....My guess the Turkish I.H.H. is still welcome?Read the full story here.
- Ground Zero of Canadian tragedy, mouldy mattresses and icy floors in shacks where toddlers live on native reserve.(Yahoo).ATTAWAPISKAT, Ont. - Politicians, journalists, bureaucrats and Red Cross aid workers swooped into this reserve west of James Bay to see what a spiralling aboriginal housing crisis looks like in 2011.The problem is in plain sight everywhere.In a one-room, tented shack where Lisa Kiokee-Linklater is watching television with her two toddlers, two mattresses lie on the floor. Each mattress is a bed for three. Mould is creeping across one mattress even though Kiokee-Linklater just bought it last summer. The mattress cost her $1,000.There is no running water, no bathroom and cold comes through the uninsulated floor. There is little room for her four children to play. The broiling cast-iron wood stove that takes up one corner of the room represents a burn hazard and eliminates the notion of the rambunctious play that is the norm for most young kids.Moving into the tent was Kiokee-Linklater's choice. It seemed a step up from her previous home next door, where she shared a single bathroom with 20 other people until it became too much for her and her growing family."It's kind of better, yeah," she said, keeping a watchful eye on a son as he ate spaghetti with his fingers. "But during the winter, it's hard. I cut back on the baths because it is so cold."Among the outsiders who flew into the Cree community on Tuesday were interim NDP leader Nycole Turmel and Charlie Angus, the local NDP MP."It's really terrible that in Canada we have people in tents and shacks when it's minus 15," Turmel said after touring the town and meeting several families.There is little new in the plight of the people of Attawapiskat. Aboriginal leaders will tell you there are similar crises on reserves in northern Manitoba and northern Saskatchewan. Until this week, few people paid attention to this community's call for help. But after a campaign by Angus and local officials, including letters, news conferences and a video posted to YouTube, people took notice.The Assembly of First Nations estimates that reserves need about 80,000 new homes across the country. Already about 45 per cent of First Nations housing stock is sub-standard but often people live in condemned houses because they have nowhere else to go.Roseanne Fireman used to live in a condemned Attawapiskat house until she moved out. Her brother and young children still live in the structure, despite a ceiling ruined by an electrical fire. The living room floor is pocked with holes and kitchen floor has turned spongy with moisture.At one point, seven families crammed together in the three-bedroom house.It's a typical pattern. Houses are built, families move in and grow so quickly that soon they are overflowing the home.Spence is constantly seeking new solutions for the homeless."They should have a place where they are comfortable and safe," she said. "They need running water and heat."About 100 people are living in two construction trailers once used as residences for an employee camp at the nearby DeBeers diamond mine.The people of Attawapiskat are angry about living conditions, but don't agree on how they arrived at this point and why federal money has not stretched to cover needs. Some blame Ottawa, some blame the province and some blame their own leaders.Turmel said the response from Harper and Aboriginal Affairs Minister John Duncan has been unacceptable because Ottawa points fingers at the band rather than looking at its own practices to ensure adequate funding."What I would like is Mr. Harper and Mr. Duncan to come here and see them," she said. "They might not have the same answer."Hmmm......Why is it so hard all over the world to give 'Native people' theirs?Read the full story here.
- Iran’s Obligations, And Ours.(ElliotAbrams).The decision of the Iranian regime to attack the British Embassy in Tehran is a subject I address here, in The Weekly Standard. Briefly, I argue that the United States should back President Sarkozy’s proposal of last week for sanctions against Iran’s central bank and for a cut-off of Iran’s oil exports.President Obama’s reaction to the looting of the Embassy is pathetically weak. He said today that “for rioters, essentially, to be able to overrun the embassy and set it on fire is an indication that the Iranian government is not taking its international obligations seriously.”Not taking its international obligations seriously? A regime that is the greatest state sponsor of terrorism in the world? That continues to defy UN Security Council and IAEA resolution after resolution? That supplied IEDs to kill countless Americans in Iraq and Afghanistan?If that is the strongest language he can muster, President Obama is not taking his own obligations seriously. After all, we are but weeks from the Iranian effort to kill the Saudi ambassador in Washington—for which the regime paid absolutely no price. His mild response suggests they will likewise pay no price—or at least none involving the United States—for this latest abuse. The ayatollahs must wonder why anyone seriously expects them to abandon their nuclear program when they appear free to kill Americans, undertake terrorist plots in our capital, and now—in a striking reminder of how they entered the scene, with the 1979 hostage crisis at the U.S. Embassy in Tehran—attack embassies without evoking anything from Washington.The Iranian regime returned those hostages on the day Ronald Reagan took office. There’s a lesson here in Iran reacts to strength, and how it reacts to weakness.Hmmmm......Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865) .Read the full story here.
- Retired Russian admiral admits Kremlin’s Mediterranean naval task force no match for US 6th Fleet, but makes veiled reference to nuclear war if Russian warships attacked.(WOTIW).The Admiral Kuznetsov is carrying some of Russia’s most advanced fighter aircraft, including eight Sukhoi Su-33 all-weather fighters, two Kamov Ka-27 anti-submarine helicopters and several factory-new Mig-29K fighters, which are destined for the Indian Air Force but will be “tested” by Russian pilots. Unlike the US Navy’s “floating runways,” Russia’s sole aircraft carrier is also a heavily armed cruiser with 12 long-range anti-ship Granit cruise missiles, a Kinzhal six-gun short-range surface-to-air missile system, eight Kashtan close-in air defense gun-missile systems, and two UDAV-1 anti-submarine systems.In addition to Syria, explained Admiral Viktor Kravchenko, former Chief of the Russian Federation’s Naval Staff, to Izvestia, the aircraft carrier and its escort ships will make ports of call in Italy, Cyprus, and Lebanon. Forty years ago, the Soviet Navy required its own maintenance facility in the region, which prompted negotiations with Syria leading to the establishment of the Tartus base in 1971. At present, some 600 military and civilian personnel in the employ of the Russian Defense Ministry work at Tartus, where they mainly service vessels of Russia’s Black Sea Fleet. Since the Cold War, the Admiral Kuznetsov has twice visited the Syrian port, once in 1995 and again in 2007.Lamenting Russia’s inability to prevent the deposing of Moscow ally Colonel Muammar al-Qaddafi in October, Kravchenko added: “The presence of a military force other than NATO’s is very useful for this region, because it will prevent the outbreak of an armed conflict. The Soviet Union created a special naval squadron to deter Western military forces in the Mediterranean Sea.”In an indirect warning to Washington that appears to have gone unnoticed by the shopping mall regime, Admiral Kravchenko remarked to Izvestia: “Of course, the Russian naval forces in the Mediterranean will be incommensurate with those of the US 6th Fleet, which includes one or two aircraft carriers and several escort ships. But today, no one talks about possible military clashes, since an attack on any Russian ship would be regarded as a declaration of war with all the consequences.” Kravchenko’s last statement is clearly a veiled reference to nuclear war, since Soviet/ Russian military doctrine has for decades held this to be a winnable option in any showdown with America. Moreover, since the USA has had no credible civil defense for nearly 20 years, it is very likely that should NATO forces challenge the Russian naval cordon protecting Syria’s embattled Ba’athist regime, Moscow could very well respond with a strategic missile barrage against North America.No word has been yet published in open sources concerning the Admiral Kuznetsov’s arrival in Syrian territorial waters nor its scheduled work-out with the IDF.Read the full story here.
- Islamists claim lead in Egypt’s vote count; 80 people injured in Cairo violence (Video).(AlArabiya).Egypt’s powerful Muslim Brotherhood on Wednesday claimed the lead in the first stage of the country’s first parliamentary elections since Hosni Mubarak's fall.The movement’s Freedom and Justice Party said initial results showed its coalition ahead, followed by parties belonging to the hardline Islamist Salafi movements, then a coalition of secular movements in third.The Muslim Brotherhood said the parliament that emerges from Egypt’s landmark elections should form a government, setting the stage for possible confrontation between Islamists and the ruling generals who have only just named a new prime minister as the Tahrir sit-in protest against the military council entered its 12th day on Wednesday. The results of the first phase of the three-stage poll which could bring the Muslim Brotherhood closer to power were due to start coming out on Wednesday, but the military council which took over from ousted President Hosni Mubarak has yet to step aside.Millions of voters went to the polls in a mostly peaceful two-day vote, though the calm was shattered on Tuesday night when nearly 80 people were wounded in violence focused around a Cairo sit-in protest by activists demanding an end to army rule, according to Reuters.According to the independent daily al-Shorouk, in Cairo “the first signs show the Freedom and Justice Party with 47 percent of the votes, and 22 percent for the Egyptian bloc,” a coalition of secular parties.The election for Egypt’s lower house is due to conclude in early January but early results were expected to trickle out on Wednesday after a high turnout and only minor infringements were reported.The Freedom and Justice Party (FJP), the Muslim Brotherhood’s political wing established earlier this year, said Egypt’s new parliament should form the government.“A government that is not based on a parliamentary majority cannot conduct its work in practice,” FJP head Mohammed Mursi told reporters during a tour of polling stations in the working-class district of Shubra in Cairo.“Therefore we see that it is natural that the parliamentary majority in the coming parliament will be the one that forms the government,” said Mursi, adding:“We see that it is better for it to be a coalition government built on a majority coalition in the parliament.”In one of the military’s first reactions to the election’s first phase, General Ismail Atman, a ruling army council member, was quoted by al-Shorouk newspaper as saying the poll showed the irrelevance of the Tahrir Square protest.Tantawi “expressed his happiness at the way the process was carried out and the high turnout, especially among women and the young,” said Itman.Read the full story here.
- Report - In Wake of Arab Spring, Deadlock in Peace Process, Jordan Thaws Relations with Hamas.(Memri).By L. Barkan.From the report: "Contacts between Jordan and Hamas in the recent months are expected to lead to a renewal of the official relations between them, which were severed 12 years ago. In 1999, less than one year after the death of King Hussein and the crowning of his son Abdallah II, the Jordanian regime decided to end some eight years of Hamas activity in Jordan and expelled the Hamas officials, headed by Khaled Mash'al, from the country. The officials first moved to Qatar and later settled in Damascus, from which they direct the movement's political activity today."The Hamas-Jordan rapprochement is the result of the upheavals in the Middle East: Hamas is seeking an alternative to Syria, where its political bureau is currently located, due to the unrest in that country; in addition, it hopes that relations with Jordan will strengthen it in the regional and inter-Palestinian arenas. Jordan, for its part, hopes to quell the wave of protests that is threatening its stability by appeasing the Islamic opposition in the country and by cooperating with the Islamic movement that is gaining strength throughout the region. At the same time, it too is seeking to improve its regional standing, through involvement in the Palestinian issue."The thaw between Jordan and Hamas is expected to have far-reaching ramifications for the Palestinian, Jordanian and regional arenas. In the Palestinian arena, it could strengthen the Islamic movement, including among Israeli Arabs, at the expense of the secular forces; so too in Jordan. In the regional arena, this development could create a strategic territorial continuum of regimes sympathetic to the Islamic movement in general and to the Muslim Brotherhood in particular: from Turkey though Syria (where the regime is gradually buckling), to Jordan, the West Bank, Gaza and also Israel, and finally to Egypt. "This report will review the background of the Hamas-Jordan contacts and their development, the forces mediating between the sides, and Jordan's and Hamas' respective expectations from the thaw in relations."Read the full story here.
- Ex-intel chief: Iran has enough material for 4-5 nukes.(YNet).Iran currently possesses enough materials to produce four to five nuclear bombs, former IDF Intelligence Chief Amos Yadlin warned Tuesday.Yadlin, who retired from the army about a year ago, said that in case of an Israeli-Iranian flare-up, "there will be international elements that restrain it."Upon assuming the post of head of the Institute for National Security Studies, the former IDF general said that "should Iran declare that it possesses nukes, Israel will have more options at its disposal and won't be alone. We should maintain open channels with those possessing military capabilities that are better than Israel's."Turning his attention to the so-called secret war against Israel, Yadlin said "things are happening in Iran that are being blamed on the United States and Israel. These things apparently aim to cause delays in the Iranian program.""A nuclear Iran is an existential threat, but I’m not saying that once they have nukes they will attack Israel," he said.As to possible Iranian retaliation for an Israeli strike, Yadlin dismissed Iran's threat to fire 150,000 missiles at Israel."There are no 150,000 missiles, and there is a difference between short-range rockets and long-range ones," he said. "Most of them are inaccurate and their chances of hitting the targets they were aimed at aren't high." Read the full story here.
- Hamas is No Peace Partner for Israel.(DocsTalk).By Neil Snyder.In an article for Hudson New York titled "Hamas and Fatah: The Unity Government That Isn't - and Won't Be," Khaled Abu Toameh explained that Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad are in the enviable position of living in the West Bank out of harm's way as it were from Gaza where Hamas is in control. Under Hamas' despotic rule, Gaza has become a powder keg that is waiting to explode. Hamas' government is corrupt; the people of Gaza suffer daily under Hamas' brutal tactics that are reminiscent of the Dark Ages; and Hamas continues to lob missiles into Israel while its leaders try to regain complete control of the Palestinian government in the West Bank and Gaza.As recent talks leading up to the hoped for unity government between Hamas and Fatah collapsed, Hamas chief Khaled Meshaal told AFT that "Hamas is looking to focus its energies on popular resistance without giving up its right to wage armed struggle against Israel." That says it all. Hamas was, is, and hopes to remain Israel's avowed enemy. Hamas and its sponsors in the Muslim Brotherhood are totally committed to Israel's annihilation. That should surprise no one since the Hamas Charter calls for armed struggle against Israel and for Israel's elimination.While the Hamas-Fatah unity government talks evaporate into thin air, Egypt is in the throes of a so called "democratic election" that the Muslim Brothers are expected to win handily. Ordinary Gazans anxiously await Egypt's election results fearing that under even stricter Islamist rule living conditions in Gaza will become unbearable as Hamas and its Egyptian Muslim Brothers join hands in their quest to rid the Middle East of all vestiges of Israel's presence. They believe that they will end up being the big losers and that the winners will be the corrupt warlords in Hamas who dominate their lives.Since Israel's unilateral withdrawal from Gaza in 2005, weapons of all sorts have been pouring into Gaza through tunnels under the border crossing with Egypt. Following the collapse of Muammar Kaddafi's regime in Libya, high-tech weapons including "advanced Russian surface-to-air missiles plundered from Libyan arsenals" have made their way into Hamas' hands thus forcing Israel to speed up implementation of an airliner anti-missile defense system that's designed to protect planes flying into an out of nearby Ben Gurion International Airport in Tel Aviv. When Egypt's Muslim Brothers and Hamas unite, the world will finally realize what the Arab Spring has become. It may have started out as a popular uprising in Tunisia, but radical Islamists understood the movement correctly and quickly seized control of it in every Arab Muslim country where brutalized citizens dared to raise their heads.Ironically, as Khaled Abu Toameh points out in his article, the West Bank is the safest place for Palestinians to be as Islamists take control of countries bordering Israel. They are safe there because the IDF (Israel Defense Forces) patrols the region, and they "know that the day Israel withdraws from the West Bank, Hamas will become so strong that it will seize control of the area in a matter of days or weeks." That's the story that the mainstream media refuses to tell, and it's the story that useful idiots around the world refuse to recognize as they pour resources into Gaza -- resources that are used primarily to acquire weapons and line the pockets of Hamas strongmen.Neil Snyder is a chaired professor emeritus at the University of Virginia. His blog, SnyderTalk.com, is posted daily. His latest book is titled If You Voted for Obama in 2008 to Prove You're Not a Racist, You Need to Vote for Someone Else in 2012 to Prove You're Not an Idiot.Read the full story here.
- China's nuclear arsenal could be up to FORTY times bigger than previously thought.(DailyMail).A group of students have discovered China's nuclear arsenal may be many times larger than estimates suggest after three years of painstaking researching through restricted documents.Led by a former top Pentagon official, the students at Georgetown University, in Washington DC, have scrutinised satellite imagery, translated Chinese military documents and filtered through thousands of online files.The focus of their extensive research has been the thousands of miles of underground tunnels dug by the Second Artillery Corps to hide China's missile arsenal.In those tunnels, the students have managed to draw up a picture of the sheer scale of China's nuclear capabilities - thought to be far greater than the 80 to 400 warheads the country was widely assumed to have.The 363-page study has already sparked a congressional hearing and has been viewed by top Pentagon officials.One Defense Department strategist told the Washington Post: 'It's not quite a bombshell, but those thoughts and estimates are being checked against what people think they know based on classified information.'Critics have questioned the study's use of internet research, including a fictional TV show about Chinese artillery soldiers, and fuelled concerns it could encourage nations to maintain nuclear arsenals as a deterrent.The students' professor, Phillip A. Karber, was a former Cold War strategist who reported directly to the secretary of defense.Three years ago, he was working on a committee for the Defense Threat Reduction Agency aimed at countering weapons of mass destruction.After the massive earthquake which struck the Sichuan province in 2008, news reports showed that thousands of radiation technicians were rushing to the region and images of collapsed hills led to speculation of the existence of an extensive tunnel network.It was then that Mr Karber enlisted the first students from his class at Georgetown to start looking into China's nuclear weapons - using military journals, news reports, photos and forums.Students spent hours scanning pages which could then be converted into Chinese characters and eventually translated.After three years of graft, they had created a searchable database of more than 1.4million words on the secretive tunnel system.Among their findings, they were able to establish a rough guide of the location of the tunnels and the types of missiles inside them.They were also able to work out how the missiles were transported, including the possible existence of a 'missile train' and modified railway carriages used to carry the weapons.Mr Karber told the newspaper: 'I don't have the slightest idea how many nuclear weapons China really has, but neither does anyone else in the arms-control community.'That's the problem with China - no one really knows except them.'In 2009, the Chinese military admitted the existence of the network of tunnels - 3,000 miles of them - including underground bunkers capable of withstanding nuclear attacks.For years, the Chinese government has insisted it maintains a small stockpile of warheads for 'minimum deterrence'.But the group of students say that number could in fact be as many as 3,000.Gregory Kulacki, a China nuclear analyst at the Union of Concerned Scientists, told the Washington Post: 'The fact that they're building tunnels could actually reinforce the exact opposite.'With more tunnels and a better chance of survivability, they may think they don't need as many warheads to strike back.Read the full story here.
- Migrants tortured in Sinai camps, held for ransom.(BikyaMasr).CAIRO: On Wednesday November 30, a report by several human right organizations emerged, revealing that hundreds of refugees are tortured by smugglers in the Sinai on their way to Israel.The smugglers are cooperating with Israeli partners, and demand enormous amounts of ransom payments.Some who managed to reach Israel report that they have been the targets of extreme violence.Israel’s Physicians for Human Rights and the Hotline for Migrant Workers, in cooperation with Swedish, US and Italian human rights organizations published a report, calling on the Egyptian and Israeli governments to act against the “torture camps” in the Sinai desert.According to the report, the “refugees are supposed to experience physical abuse, torture, systematic rape and even death, all with the objective to obtain tens of thousands of dollars in ransom money in exchange for their release.”The report called on Egypt, Israel and the international community “to act quickly in order to free the hostages [...] prosecute the smugglers and those that assist them (and) to bring an immediate end to the torture camps and networks of human smuggling.”This is not the first time migrants are citing mistreatment in the Sinai desert. Earlier this year also Hotline for Migrant Workers reported on the subject quoting 60 migrants who suffered torture at the hands of smugglers in the Sinai.“According to some of the testimonies, several victims were either murdered by the traffickers or were starved to death. Some 18 separate testimonies report that during the summer of 2010, 18 men were forced into slave labor, the majority of them building a three-story house for two of the traffickers.The victims report not just physical abuse, but also psychological torture and humiliation. Seven of the victims reported that the traffickers threatened to sell their organs for transplant,” Hotline for Migrant Workers stated.Some have accused Israel of not doing enough to fight against cooperation with human traffickers in Sinai.Last Friday, Eritrean refugees demonstrated in front of the US embassy in Tel Aviv in order to attract attention for the Eritrean asylum seekers who were tortured and raped by Israeli smugglers who took them to the Israeli border.While trying to reach Israel through the Sinai, they were being held captive by smugglers at torture camps in the El-Arish area.According to a report by Physicians for Human Rights- Israel “the smugglers were demanding ransoms of thousands of dollars for the release of each captive.Methods used to apply pressure on the captives’ relatives to pay up include systematic violence and torture of the hostages.”Read the full story here.
- German court to decide if Muslim pupil can pray at school.(HurriyetDaily).A German federal court was to rule Wednesday whether a Muslim pupil has the right to pray according to Islamic rites in school, capping a more than two-year legal battle.The 18-year-old pupil, identified only as Yunus M., insisted on his basic right to religious freedom but school authorities argued the practice endangered the smooth running of the state high school.With about four million Muslims living in Germany, the case has sparked interest after two earlier regional court rulings first found in favour of the boy, only then to be overturned.It began when the pupil, aged 16 at the time and the son of a German Muslim convert, and several other pupils laid down their jackets in the school corridor to pray during a break from class.The principal informed the boy and his parents that praying was not permitted in the grounds of the Berlin high school which has students of about 30 different nationalities and nearly all major religions.She feared for the peaceful running of the school, she said.Yunus M. has argued that because prayer times depend on the rising and setting of the sun, he has no other choice during the winter but to pray around midday while at school.German news weekly Der Spiegel said that the consequences of Wednesday's ruling by the Leipzig-based federal administrative court would be closely watched nationwide."Since Yunus M. kicked off a process which could write legal history," it said in its online edition.Tilman Nagel, an expert in Islam who appeared as a witness at an earlier court hearing, said that postponing midday prayers was considered normal if there was a good reason.He also argued that the Islamic ritual of praying undertaken with other people was very different to the Christian private act of praying, and was thus disruptive in a public space.Germany has grappled with the thorny issue of the integration of its Muslim population since it signed a "guest worker" pact with Turkey 50 years ago.This has sometimes fuelled tensions, with a former central banker publishing a runaway bestseller last year saying Germany was being made "more stupid" by four million purportedly undereducated and unproductive Muslim migrants.Hmmm........"Religion the opium of the people" of course you had the 'opiumwars'.Read the full story here.
- At Least 45 Christians Killed by Muslims in Plateau State, Nigeria.(Compassdirect).Fulani Muslim herdsmen along with Muslim soldiers have killed at least 45 ethnic Berom Christians in Plateau state in the past week, Christians in this northern-central Nigerian town said.Smaller attacks beginning on Nov. 20, reportedly over allegations by Fulani Muslims of cattle theft, preceded an attack on a Barkin Ladi church on Nov. 23 that killed four Christians, and an assault the next day left 35 Christians dead in Barkin Ladi and nearby Kwok village, according to area Christian leaders. Church attendance was decimated yesterday as thousands of Christians have left the area.“Christians are fleeing the town because we have no guns to fight back,” said one woman in a group of six Christians trying to leave Barkin Ladi. “Muslims have guns, and they have their soldiers fighting for them, so we have no choice but to leave town.”Almost all churches in the town cancelled or held reduced worship services on the first Sunday (Nov. 27) after the crisis was contained, as nearly all area Christians have fled to Jos or have left Plateau state, long hit by ethnic property conflicts fueled by anti-Christian sentiment. In March 2010 ethnic Berom Christians, who live as farmers, suffered attacks from Fulani nomads who graze their cattle on the Beroms’ land, resulting in hundreds of deaths in three villages near Jos. In the attack on Thursday (Nov. 24), the Fulani Muslims were shouting “Allahu Akbar [God is greater],” said farmer Choji Pamjamo, 51.“On Thursday at about 9 a.m., the Muslims’ call to prayer was made at the Izala [Islamic sect] mosque,” Pamjamo said. “And shortly after that, we saw hundreds of armed Muslims invading the town from all directions, attacking and killing Christians. They were shouting ‘Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar,’ as they were burning properties belonging to Christians.”Pamjamo confirmed Christian leaders’ account of an attack on a Church of Christ of Nigeria (COCIN) congregation in the Sabon Layi (Rantya) area of Barkin Ladi the previous night (Nov. 23), saying that among the four Christians killed was Bible teacher Yakubu Pam.David Gyang, 51, an elder at the COCIN Barkin Ladi church, said Muslims set off a religious crisis by attacking Christians at the church site on Wednesday night (Nov. 23) and then launching a major offensive the next morning. David Gyang, 51, an elder at the COCIN Barkin Ladi church, said Muslims set off a religious crisis by attacking Christians at the church site on Wednesday night (Nov. 23) and then launching a major offensive the next morning. “Some of the Christian victims in this attack that I know include a Christian police officer, one Mr. Bulus, who is the station officer of the Barkin Ladi police station,” Gyang said. “He was inside his house on that day, and these Muslims broke the walls of his room and went inside to kill him and his son. A second Christian victim is Solomon Pam. He was attacked and had his hand broken.”Gyang lamented that Muslim soldiers brought to town to restore order joined their fellow Muslims in killing and maiming Christians. “Muslims soldiers took sides with their fellow Muslims and were shooting and killing Christians,” he said. “They also had soldiers guarding mosques in the town, but none was sent to watch over our churches, and that is the reason Muslims were able to burn the Baptist church in the town.”Sources told Compass that along with the 26 Christians killed in Kwok village, nine others were killed in the attack on Barkin Ladi on Thursday (Nov. 24). Compass found that the area attacks on Christians began Nov. 20, the day of the alleged cattle theft, with the killing of three Christians outside Barkin Ladi, and then two Christians in the town were killed on Nov. 21. The next day, a Christian was beheaded behind a popular hotel in Barkin Ladi known as the White House, sources said. The attack on the COCIN church ensued the following evening. Hmmm....."Interfaith dialog in it's natural habitat?"Read the full story here.
- Tunisian secular, Islamist students clash on campus.(AlArabiya).Hundreds of demonstrators calling for women to be allowed to wear the Muslim veil in class clashed with students at a university outside Tunis on Tuesday for the second day running.Protesters wearing the veil and bearded men wearing the Muslim tunic shouted “God Is Great”, facing other students responding “Islamists, Go Home.”The demonstration at the University of Manouba, west of Tunis, came a day after a group of Salafists disrupted classes there, demanding a stop to mixed-sex classes and for female students to wear full-face veils.“A group of Salafists, dressed like Afghans, have been camped in front of my office since early afternoon,” Habib Kazdaghli, the dean of faculty at the University of Manuba, told AFP on Monday.Tutors and union representatives voted at a general assembly on Tuesday to go on strike Thursday in protest at the incidents.Several students and teaching staff said demonstrators were not enrolled at the university, and many were allegedly “agitators” from working-class neighbourhoods near the Manouba campus.“This is not what the revolution was about,” one student said.Two officials of the Islamist Ennahda party which swept to power in October 23 elections were involved in attempts to resolve the crisis.Pro-headscarf demonstrators denied they were Salafists, a fundamentalist branch of Islam, and said they had not asked for mixed-sex classes to be stopped.“We want two things: a prayer room inside the faculty and the right for girls wearing the headscarf to sit exams and attend classes,” said Anis Rezgui, a first-year student. The higher education ministry late Monday condemned the protest.Questioned by AFP, the ministry said that under current provisions students must be identified before they enter the campus for security reasons, which ruled out wearing the headscarf.As post-revolution Tunisia lacks any legislation allowing or banning the headscarf, faculty deans implement a 2005 decision that staff must be able to identify students.“We would like to have politicians’ point of view on what’s going on,” fumed an indignant student.And English teacher Abdennebi Benbeya said the whole protest was “ridiculous.“No one knows these demonstrators, they take advantage of the political void in Tunisia” after the demise of the old regime in January.Tunisia’s Salafists have become more assertive in recent months, following the revolution that ousted a staunchly secular regime along with president Zine el Abidine Ben Ali following mass protests.Visible again on the streets of Tunis and other major cities, their new assertiveness has led to a number of more or less violent clashes.In the eastern city of Sousse earlier this month, some 200 Islamists stormed the university campus after a female student wearing a full face veil was not allowed to enroll.On October 9 in Tunis, a mob of Salafists tried to attack the offices of private Nessma TV station that aired “Persepolis”, a French-Iranian animated film in which God is represented as an old bearded man.“What’s happening is that many good and bad things that had been repressed resurface since the revolution,” said Tahar Chikraoui, history professor and film critic.“We have extremists, manipulators, people who are learning what democracy means. ... And then there is a power vacuum. All this is not really surprising.”Read the full story here.
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Not all the Jews in the world are evil. You may ask: Tawfiq, what is the ratio? The ratio is 60-40. Sixty percent are evil to varying degrees, all the way to a level that words cannot describe, while 40% are not evil. They, however, are divided into three categories: One group consists of the non-evil, another group consists of the non-evil to a lesser degree, and the third group consists of the non-evil to an even lesser degree.
Might there be anyone who stands out among them? It's very rare. Maybe one in a million. But what does this classification mean? It means that you can coexist normally with approximately 40% of the Jews – they do not betray, conspire, extort, or view others as Gentiles. They believe in the concept of Gentiles, but this belief does not affect their conduct.
What I am saying is no lie. Sarkozy is one of those Jews who adhere to the Zionist ideology, which is one of the worst ideologies… I said one of the worst, but there are worse still. This is one of the worst political ideologies, which stems from a religious belief of the Jews.
The thing is that the Jews – pay attention and focus on what I am saying… It was the Jews who created the various Christian denominations. Indeed. What was the purpose of this? What is the principle underlying their long-term strategic-political goal? It is to instigate conflict and strife within that religion.
Our Christian brothers will not agree with what I am saying, but never mind. I am sorry, and hope they will not be mad at me. What I am saying is the truth. When Christianity began to spread, it spread among groups that did not speak the same language that was spoken by Jesus in the holy city of Jerusalem. Our Christian brothers say that God revealed to the disciples the languages of the peoples whom they summoned to join Christianity. This is wrong.
Don't be mad at me. I'm a man who talks about science and history, after having exhausted my brain and my eyes with all the books I've read. Go ahead and ask me what I did after finishing this show last night. I sat and read until 10:30 this morning. I went to sleep at 10:30, and at 11:00, my sister woke me up. Great!
I sat and read, in order to corroborate the information I'm giving you with 30,000 sources. The Christians say the disciples began to preach in the languages of the peoples. However, this is not true. The truth is the Jewish translators translated this, in order to distort the essence of the Christian faith, thus allowing its division into three denominations, in order to sow dissent among the Christians, and to make use of this when necessary. Hmmmmm........."Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." ~ Einstein.Source Memri.
Bill Ayers Dishes on Hosting a Fundraiser for Barack Obama.By Kyle Olson .Bill Ayers recently appeared before a group of activist teachers to encourage them to keep up the fight. He told them about the assistance he provided in getting the very radical Bob Peterson elected president of the Milwaukee Teachers Education Association.
Hoping to wow his friendly audience, he also gushed about another leader he helped.
Ayers admitted he hosted a fundraiser at his home for Barack Obama in the 1990s. “I thought he wanted to be mayor of Chicago – that’s the limit of my imagination,” he told the audience in a video released exclusively by Education Action Group.
This is likely the first time Ayers has been caught on tape discussing his connection to Obama. Their relationship has been routinely been downplayed by Ayers, Obama and his associates, since the national media took a glancing look into their ties during the 2008 presidential campaign.
Ayers’ impact on America cannot be underestimated. While many have exposed and condemned his leadership in the radical and violent Weather Underground – and the group’s efforts to terrorize the country in the 1960s and ’70s – he has done far more damage to our students’ minds.
Ayers, a retired college professor, and his progressive comrades have come to the conclusion that shaping young minds in the liberal direction will have more impact than blowing up a few buildings. After all, what are a few building repairs to a massive federal government? Thus, he’s been busy promoting radical indoctrination of school-age students.
That’s why he teamed up with the likes of Peterson, who has been openly calling on public school teachers to include left-wing propaganda in their daily lessons. Ayers and Peterson are soul brothers in the effort to fundamentally move America to the left.Source : BigGovernment.
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity situation Philipines 5.0 !More info here.
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- As polls close in Egypt, clashes erupt in Tahrir.(BikyaMasr).CAIRO: Scuffles erupted in Cairo’s Tahrir Square on Tuesday evening as voting in the second day of parliamentary elections came to a close.Hundreds of protesters, currently conducting a sit-in at the iconic square, clashed with street vendors after the vendors, who allegedly brought in “thugs” to aid them attacked the activists.“The square and Abdel Moneim Riyad [Square] are under attack from thugs who are firing randomly,” Ahmed, a young protester who was trying to organize traffic not far from the square, told Bikyamasr.com.“There are many injured and we are doing the best we can to stay strong,” he added.An unknown number of people have been injured in the violence, with a heavy presence of ambulances seen moving the wounded from the area.The clashes, which involved gun shots, Molotov cocktails and even large gas containers, started when the volunteers guarding the entrances of the square, tried to remove the vendors.The protesters accused them of trying to sell drugs to the people in the square, in addition to sexually harassing women.The activists have constructed a barricade out of metal sheets around Tahrir Square to keep the attackers out.The protesters in the square are accusing the military of being behind the attacks, saying that the sudden appearance of “thugs” came after the election was complete and people busy with election news.Read the full story here.
- UK embassy stormed in Tehran, British flag burned, Iranian raised.(RT).Several dozen Iranian students have stormed the UK embassy in Tehran, chanting “death to England” and bringing down the British flag.A group of students has reportedly clashed with riot police, as they rushed into the building and started throwing documents from the windows.This siege comes two days after Iran downgraded the diplomatic and trade ties with UK. That was done in response to earlier UK government’s decision to tighten economic sanctions against Tehran over its nuclear program.Read the full story here.More details here from AlArabiya.Updated - (VIDEO, PHOTOS) here.
- Updated - Turkish Newspaper claims Iranian protesters took 6 people hostage in British embassy.(HurriyetDaily).The Iranian protester have just taken 6 people as hostages in the British embassy compound in Tehran, Reuters reported.ranian protesters had enetered the embassy earlier today and had removed the mission's flag, replacing it with an Iranian one, an AFP journalist at the scene reported.The dozens of protesters were also shown live on Iranian state television throwing stones at embassy windows, breaking them, and one was seen climbing the wall with a looted portrait of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II.Read the full story here.Updated -
TEHRAN - Iranian police on Tuesday secured the release of six employees of the British embassy compound in northern Tehran who had been taken hostage by hardline students earlier in the day, the semi-official Fars news agency reported.
"Police freed the six people working for the British embassy in Qolhak garden," Fars said.
- Exclusive: Obama in 2006: I ‘stole’ book title ‘Audacity of Hope’ from Rev. Wright, ‘my pastor’ [VIDEO].(DailyCaller).Video obtained exclusively by The Daily Caller shows Illinois Senator Barack Obama, then campaigning for Democrats before the 2006 midterm elections, praising Reverend Jeremiah Wright and telling an audience that he “stole” the title of his book “The Audacity of Hope” from Wright’s sermon of the same name, which he “loved.” Obama also referred to Wright as “my pastor.”Hmmm....I wonder if he also found his 'love'for Israel and America there?Read the full story here.
- Obama vows to allow America becoming a second-rate military power.(Examiner)."Our smallest ground force since 1940..."With the failure of the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction, popularly known the Congressional "Super Committee," to agree on $1.5 trillion in spending cuts over the next ten years, automatic triggers for spending cuts are now in effect.Embedded in the $1.2 trillion in automatic cuts is a scheduled $500 billion to be slashed from the US Armed Forces.The Department of Defense is already slated to have $465 billion cut within the next ten years, totaling almost $1 trillion cut from the military.Yet Barack Obama has vowed to veto any Congressional move to "get rid of those automatic spending cuts to domestic and defense spending." (See video, here). Pre-WWII Levels...In a press release from House Armed Services Committee member Florida Representative Thomas J. Rooney (FL-16), warns of "Devastating Consequences".The Congressman also quotes a number of Pentagon officials in regards to the funding cuts.Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta has stated that the cuts "would end most of our ship and construction projects. We would be left with our smallest ground force since 1940, the fewest ships since 1915 and the smallest Air Force in its history."The "spending clause " of the Constitution, Article I, Section 8, Clause 1, gives Congress the power of the purse to influence matters regarding our common defense.The President is well recognized as our Commander-In-Chief under Article II, Section 2, Clause 1 of the Constitution. The Oath of Office Clause in Article II, Section 1, Clause 7 requires the President to swear to support and defend the Constitution. Hmmmm.....I bring reason to your ears, and, in language as plain as ABC, hold up truth to your eyes. ~ Thomas Paine, December 23, 1776.Read the full story here.
- Breaking - Broadcast of 'anti-Pakistan' foreign news channels like BBC to be shut down: Pakistan Cable operators.(Tribune).LAHORE: The All Pakistan Cable Operators Association declared Tuesday that they will shut down all foreign news channels airing “anti-Pakistan” content from tomorrow. The decision to shut the channels comes after a media uproar both locally and abroad following a Nato air strike that killed 24 Pakistani troops near the Afghan border.During a media conference in Lahore, the operators named BBC News as one of the channels to be closed down, citing their documentary “Secret Pakistan” as one of the reasons for the decision.The two part documentary series which aired in Pakistan explored accusations by CIA officials and western diplomats that Pakistan was failing to live up to its alliances in the war on terror.President of the All Pakistan Cable Operators Association Khalid Arain also demanded that Pemra revoke the landing rights of any foreign news channel that was running “anti-Pakistan propaganda”.“We want to send them a strong message to stop this. If they don’t stop this, then it is our right to stop them,” Arain said.The cable operators declared that no foreign anti-Pakistan channel will “ever” be broadcast in the country.They called on local media to tackle the ongoing negative propaganda by foreign news channels by presenting Pakistan’s viewpoint.Hmmm...Don't you love the way they act after giving $20 Billion?Read the full story here.
- RED ALERT: Deputy A.G. behind 'Fast and Furious' met with President Obama four times during the height of the operation.(DougRoss).In early 2010, Gary Grindler was intimately involved in all aspects of Operation Fast and Furious. During the height of the operation, Grindler visited the President on four separate occasions in only two weeks -- his only documented meetings with the president at the White House.So my question is this:What did President Obama know -- and when did he know it?Read and see the full story here.
- Developing ! AMR, American Airlines file for bankruptcy.(Yahoo).(Reuters) - AMR Corp, the parent company of American Airlines, filed for voluntary Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in a New York court on Tuesday to restructure debt.AMR also named Thomas Horton as its chairman and chief executive, replacing Gerard Arpey, who retired, the company said in a separate statement.The company listed assets of about $24.72 billion, while it has liabilities of $29.55 billion. The company said it has $4.1 billion in cash.AMR said both American Airlines and American Eagle are expected to fly normal schedules throughout the Chapter 11 process."We plan to initiate further negotiations with all of our unions to reduce our labor costs to competitive levels," CEO Horton said.Labor costs are a big headache for American. Wages and benefits for its union workers are generally higher as a percentage of operating expenses than at rivals that restructured in bankruptcy in the last decade.It remains the only major airline that still must fund worker pensions.AMR's top rivals, UAL Corp and Delta Air Lines, which both used bankruptcy protection to slash costs, have since found merger partners. Delta bought Northwest Airlines and UAL Corp bought Continental Airlines to form United Continental Holdings.The company said the bankruptcy has no direct legal impact on operations outside the U.S. and that it is not considering debtor-in-possession financing.It said Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP is lead counsel on the case.Hmmm.....More "CHANGE".Read the full story here.
- Apparantly "One flew over a cuckoo's nest"?Anders Behring Breivik ‘not accountable for attacks’.(Telegraph).Anders Behring Breivik ‘not accountable for attacks’ Psychiatrists have found that Anders Behring Breivik was insane at the time of the crime, the VG daily reported Tuesday on its website.If confirmed, this would mean that the right wing extremist who killed 77 people four months ago cannot be sentenced to prison but must undergo psychiatric care.“The court-appointed psychiatrists have concluded that Anders Behring Breivik was sick when he killed 77 people,” VG writes, without revealing its sources.The two psychiatrists, Synne Serheim and Torgeir Husby, delivered their finding to the Oslo district court on Tuesday morning. A press conference is due at 1:00pm (1200 GMT).Breivik, 32, was suffering from a “psychosis” – a mental state that could alter his judgment leading up to and at the time of the attacks, VG writes.Their report still needs to be examined by a legal medical commission to ensure that it fulfils all the professional requirements.Read the full story here.
- Did you miss the Thanksgiving White House visitor log document dump?(MichelleMalkin).Just like clockwork, the Obama administration never misses an opportunity to unload thousands of records it hopes no one will ever bother sifting through during the holidays.On Black Friday, the White House released more visitor log info — trumpeting disclosures it has fought tooth and nail.I’ve started looking through the data.A few things that jumped out at me:This August 5, 2011 visit to the president by MSNBC host Rachel Maddow and her party of 7 : She made no mention of the visit on her Aug. 5 show. What did she and POTUS discuss? Just wondering…Fun fact: According to the White House logs, this was Maddow’s fifth trip to the White House — and fourth to see the president personally.Another busy bee: Convicted felon, Huffington Post/Alinskyite agitator, and husband of Illinois Democrat Rep. Jan Schakowsky, Robert Creamer.According to the newly released records, Creamer was at the White House five times in August 2011 meeting with various officials, including Jon Carson, Cecilia Munoz, and Stephanie Cutter. He’s listed nearly 60 times in visitor logs since the start of the administration.Corruptocrats of a feather. Hmmm....Occupy White house?Read and see the full story here.
- U.S. Muslim Public Affairs Council's (MPAC)Proud to Host Radical Tunisian Leader who called for the destruction of Israel.(TIP).A radical Tunisian Islamist leader, denied an entry visa into the United States during the 1990s, is scheduled to make two appearances on Capitol Hill Tuesday.Rachid Ghannouchi, leader of Tunisia's Ennahda Party, will attend a forum on the Arab Spring at the Cannon Office Building, an announcement from the event's sponsor, the Muslim Public Affairs Council's (MPAC) said. He'll also attend a special dinner Tuesday evening.Ghannouchi's Ennahda Party recently won the majority in the first free parliamentary elections since the ouster of Tunisia's longtime ruler, Zine El Abidine Ben Ali. Though hailed as a pro-democratic and moderate party by several media outlets and political figures, Ennahda, and its leader, have provided ample evidence to the contrary.In a May interview with the Al Arab Qatari website, for example, Ghannouchi called for the destruction of Israel and expressed optimism that the Jewish state would disappear in the very near future.The Arab Spring "will achieve positive results on the path to the Palestinian cause and threaten the extinction of Israel," Ghannouchi said. "I give you the good news that the Arab region will get rid of the bacillus of Israel. Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, the leader of Hamas, said that Israel will disappear by the year 2027. I say that this date may be too far away, and Israel may disappear before this."Ghannouchi has also blessed the mothers of Palestinian suicide bombers, defended rocket attacks carried out by Hamas against Israeli civilians and "martyrdom operations," and called for Muslims to fund and provide logistical support for Hamas.Similar sentiments prompted the U.S. State Department to deny Ghannouchi a visa in 1994, when he was invited to speak to audiences in America, including a forum in Tampa organized by a think-tank run by Sami Al-Arian, who was a member of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad's governing board. The State Department did not immediately return a call seeking comment.MPAC's promotion of the event lauded Ghannouchi as "One of the most important figures in modern Islamic political thought and theory.""Confirmed! MPAC hosting Rachid Ghannouchi on Tuesday evening for a forum on Islam, Democracy and the Arab Spring in Washington DC!," boasted Haris Tarin, director of MPAC's Washington DC office, on his Facebook page. "Ghannouchi is an [sic] modern intellectual giant on Islam and governance. BIG TIME! If you are in DC and want to come, hit me up!"Ennahda's platform declares "the need to challenge the Zionist colonial attack" and refers to Israel as an "alien entity planted in the heart of the homeland, which constitutes an obstacle to unity and reflects the image of the conflict between our civilization and its enemies."MPAC is certainly no stranger to controversy and has made countless radical statements of its own. Its embrace of Ghannouchi, whose party is predicting the rise of the 6th Caliphate, further calls into question the wisdom of government partnerships which legitimize MPAC as mainstream.Read the full story here.
- Air Force Tells Reporters: You’re Not Welcome at Our Drone Base Anymore.(Wired).When the Air Force activated its first unmanned aircraft wing in 2007, the military invited journalists out to Creech Air Force Base in Nevada to come take a look at the robotic future taking off.Today, that kind of openness would be unthinkable. The Air Force began to limit press access to Creech in 2009. In the last six months, they’ve closed it off almost entirely, turning down every American media request to visit the drone pilots. The only visit approved during that period was from a British outlet, involving Creech’s UK drone squadron, Air Force officials tell Danger Room.Drones are the signature weapon in America’s wars, from Afghanistan to Yemen to Pakistan. Their employment has become one of the world’s most sensitive political issues. But, thanks to the near-blackout of the media, the public knows less and less about the drones — and the people who operate them.Hmmm....The most transparant administration Evah.Read the full story here.
- IDF to hold exercises simulating WMD attacks.(JPost).Israel will hold a series of exercises over the coming months preparing the country for potential biological, chemical and radioactive attacks. One of the exercises, called “Dark Cloud,” will be held in January and will be the first time the Israeli defense establishment and emergency services simulate a radioactive “dirty bomb” attack in northern Israel.The exercise will be held in Haifa and will simulate a radioactive dirty bomb attack in the city and will involve the IDF’s Home Front Command, Israel Police and other emergency services. Road blocks will be setup throughout the city and hospitals will also be tested for their level of preparedness for such an attack.Later this week the Defense Ministry will hold its annual “Orange Flame” exercise simulating a biological terror attack against Israel. The drill will be held in the North and will involve hospitals in Tiberias, Afula and Nazareth. Mock patients will arrive at the hospitals with various symptoms and doctors will need to diagnose and determine the biological agents that caused the symptoms.The Defense Ministry has a special branch responsible for preparing the country and its emergency services for a non-conventional terrorist attack.These exercises are part of the ministry’s annual training regimen, but there is concern among Western countries and Israel that terrorist groups are working to obtain chemical and biological agents, possibly from unstable Middle Eastern countries such as Libya and Syria .Syria is reported to have a significant arsenal of chemical weapons such as mustard gas, sarin and VX gas.Libya was also discovered to have an arsenal of chemical weapons, but those are believed to be under government control.Read the full story here.
- The Muslim Brotherhood Prepares for Power.(Spiegel).The Muslim Brotherhood was founded in 1928 as a charity organization, but the group was forbidden in Egypt for much of Mubarak's rule due to its Islamist leanings. Its followers and sympathizers faced constant state persecution. Today, the group is the most important representative in the country of political Islam -- though it remains unclear exactly what political goals they are pursuing. It is one of the peculiarities of this election that it will likely be won by a party that seems not to quite know what it stands for.Many have suggested that the Muslim Brotherhood might seek to emulate the Justice and Development party of Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, which combines Islamist leanings with a market economy -- a model prized in many Muslim countries in North Africa.But Mahmoud Ghoslan, a spokesman for the Muslim Brotherhood, told SPIEGEL ONLINE that they aren't interested. "No, we don't want the Turkish model," Ghoslan said. "In Turkey, women may go to university without a headscarf. They have adultery and homosexuality. We will not allow that in Egypt. Egypt is a Muslim country. The Sharia, the Muslim legal framework, must be the foundation for everything."Sharia, though, isn't enough of a party platform -- and the Muslim Brotherhood have yet to provide convincing answers to questions as to how they plan to stabilize the country. Instead of explaining how his group intends to revive Egypt's stalled economy, Ghoslan complains about Western prejudice. "Everyone says that we are hardliners. But we are wise, even-tempered and moderate. Of the nine members of our leadership council, five of them received their Ph.D. in the US. We are open-minded," Ghoslan says.Despite follow-up questions, Ghoslan declines to provide details. Egypt isn't Iran, he insists, and Hamas is only an offshoot of the Brotherhood -- and not one they want to emulate. "We will develop our own model," he says.Hmmm.....Turkye's model to easygoing' leaves only Iran's model ?Read the full story here.
- Yemenis attack Egypt’s “Nude Blogger” Facebook page.(BikyaMasr).CAIRO: In continued antagonism and attacks, the Facebook page of Aliaa Mahdy, the Egyptian blogger who posted a full-frontal image of herself on her blog, was attacked by Yemeni activists. The hackers claimed they were supporting the Egyptian revolution.The vast majority of Egyptian society, from liberals to conservatives, lashed out at the young blogger over the nude image.The page was defaced by Yemeni hackers, who put an X over her image. It was somewhat praised on Twitter, with a number of online activists posting news about the hack.The “Nude Photo Revolutionary” image has sparked a legal case against her, with some calling for the full implementation of Islamic law against the young woman and her boyfriend, Kareem Amr – also a blogger who spent time in jail for his views.Mahdy’s nude pictures triggered an uproar in Egypt and was condemned from conservatives and liberals alike. While liberals criticize her of casting a damning light on them ahead of the elections on November 28, fundamentalist Islamists accuse her of “violating morals, inciting indecency and insulting Islam.”Mahdy received threats and harsh criticism for her actions. On Thursday the first legal move against her revolutionary pictures have occurred. The coalition of Islamic law graduates filed a case against her and her boyfriend and blogger, Kareem Amer.The Coalition of Islamic law graduates filed a case against activist Aliya Magda al-Mahdy and her boyfriend, and blogger, Kareem Amer, on Thursday accusing them of “violating morals, inciting indecency and insulting Islam.”The report, which was submitted to the general prosecutor, said the activist published a nude picture of herself “trying to spread her obscene ideology through the nude pictures.”The report was published in full on the coalition’s Facebook page, called for Mahdy and Amer to be punished according to Islamic law.“The old constitution and the new declarations of the new one says Islamic law is the source of governing, therefore we asked for Islamic law penalties to be executed on the two bloggers,” Ahmed Yehia, coordinator of the coalition told Bikyamasr.com.“It is an insult to the revolution as these two persons who pretend to be one of the revolutionists and asking for sexual freedoms, they are giving the uprising a bad name,” he continued.Read the full story here.
- The Rules of War apply only to Israel.(DocsTalk).By Ted Belman.Guess what, Iran: We’ll fire 150,000 missiles at Israel if attacked. OUCH.Most of these missiles will be directed to Israel’s major cities along the coast. These are not military targets but civilian targets. The civilian casualties will be enormous. And I am not talking about “collateral damage”. I am talking the intentional killing of civilians. This is a war crime. But no where have I read that such an attack would be considered a war crime and that it will result in prosecutions. No western nation, that was quick to embrace the Goldstone Report, will say so. Nor will any nation quick to condemn Israel for using disproportionate force or being unconcerned with causing collateral damage, be so bold as to point out that the intentional killing of civilians by these Muslim forces will be prosecuted as war crimes.Even if Israel attacks Iran’s nuclear facilities and the army defences, it will in no way justify using these rockets to kill civilians.This is the new definition of Asymmetric warfare. The rules of war apply only to Israel.Ead the full story here.
- Kurds, a proud people without a nation.(Arabnews).No one wants them to be in their territory, yet no one wants to give them their own territory.The Kurdish people have enjoyed the highest form of freedom for thousands of years. They mainly lived in northern Syria, east of Turkey, west of Iran and north of Iraq. They enjoyed the ability to move from place to another without any restrictions. They were one people, one language and one form of life. The number of Kurds all over the world is over 30 million. But, they don't have a nation. Before World War I, they didn't need one. They were free to wander around. They are Muslims. But not Arabs. And it should have made no difference. Islam has no nationality. But, the Kurdish people are different. No one wants them to be in their territory, yet no one wants to give them their own territory.With my humble knowledge, I will only talk about the Kurds in Turkey, Iraq, Syria and Iran; not the Kurds scattered all over the world. Books will be needed if you write about the Kurds. They were subjected to relocations and they were considered a lower class in all the nations they lived in. The Turkish territories are the most beautiful part of these countries. After the World War I and the collapse of the Ottoman Empire, new nations were created. No one single piece of territory was given to the Kurdish people. And the Kurds couldn't move through the borders of these new nations. And even though the 1920 Treaty of Sevres was intended to introduce new states including one for the Kurds, it never saw the light. And after the takeover of Turkey by Kamal Attaturk, the Kurds were not even allowed to speak their language. It was a crime to say the words Kurd or Kurdish. And it wasn't until the 1990s when the Turkish people heard the word Kurds. The highest number of Kurds in any one nation is Turkey. There are about 15 million Kurdish people. Why they are considered a minority if they 15 million people? The Kurds in Turkey were in an open war with the Turkish government for many years and to this day.In Syria, the Kurds are not even recognized in any way. It is like they don't even exist. They live in Syria, but without the simplest form of rights. It was only two months ago that President Bashar Assad declared that Kurds will be given the status of citizens. Why now and not 80 years ago? And in Iran, there was a call for a “holy war” against the Kurdish areas. The Kurds helped the Iranians overthrow the Shah in 1979. But, they weren't given a single seat in the newly formed Majlis. The irony is that the Mullahs threw the Shah out to bring equality among all Iranians. And to this day people ask the Iranians, how can a Muslim country initiate a “holy war” against Muslims (the Kurds).What really surprises me about Iran, Turkey, Syria and Iraq is, every government official in those four countries knows who is the Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit. And what is his health status during his capture. But, not one of these four countries ever revealed the number of dead and injured Kurds. We see the United Nations spend billions of dollars to save ten thousand people from an earthquake, disease and flooded cities. But, we never heard of even a speech talking about more than 30 million Kurds. With all the vast area in the Middle East, not one piece of territory was given to the Kurds. The Kurds can make the territory more beautiful and more productive. Just look at Iraq's Kurdistan and you will see how sophisticated and hard working the Kurds is. Why not give them a chance to cultivate, build and modernize their own territory? We saw the United Nations listen to the voice of the Southern Sudanese. And they were given their own country. The United Nations even divided Sudan for the Southern Sudanese. But, we never heard anyone speak about the right of 30 million Kurds to have a place they could call home.Hmmmm......Perhaps it's time for Israel to recognise Kurdish autonomy?Read the full story here.
- Egypt ‘Virginity test’ victim waits for her verdict.(BikyaMasr).CAIRO: Samira Ibrahim, one of the 13 Egyptian women who was forced to take a “virginity test” in the military prison in Hikestep after attending a protest in Cairo in March, has to wait till December 27 to hear her verdict.“The prolongation of her case can be seen as another step by the military to bear down attempts of women to speak up and fight against the military’s misuse of power, especially with regard to human right violations,” Neveene Edeid, working at the New Woman Foundation (NWF), stated.“A postponement of such an urgent case bears evidence that it is not taken seriously enough. It is a bad sign of trying to manipulate her case,” she continued.“However, on the other hand,” Edeid added, “having time till December gives us the possibility to build up more pressure as at the moment everybody is so enthusiastic about the ongoing election process.“We need human right groups, the youth and women activists for her case but at the moment their thoughts circle around the election.”Ibrahim, who was electrocuted and forced to take a “virginity test” after attending a protest in Cairo in March in Tahrir Square, was the only out of 17 women who filed an official complaint with the military prosecution to pursue criminal action against her alleged abusers, and registered a case with the State Council Administrative Court to appeal the use of ‘virginity tests’ in all military facilities.Her verdict, which was supposed to take place on Tuesday, November 30, was expected to be either a “monumental day for women’s rights in the Middle East, or if history repeats itself, […] a shameful day for women’s rights.”With the postponement of her case to December 27, the latter might come true. “I know the odds are against me” but “I have to speak up about this and fight for justice,” Ibrahim said.Human Rights Watch interviewed Ibrahim and another victim, Salwa al-Hosseini, and reviewed the testimony of two others obtained by doctors at the Nadim Centre for the Rehabilitation of Victims of Torture.All four concurred in their statements that on the morning of March 10, two officers went into the prison cell holding the 17 women and asked them who among them was married and who was not. “Then they told the seven of us that they were going to examine us to see if we were really virgins. They took us out one by one. When it was my turn they took me to a bed in a passageway in front of the cell.”“There were lots of soldiers around and they could see me. I asked if the soldiers could move away and the officer escorting me tasered me. The woman prison guard in plain clothes stood at my head and then a man in military uniform examined me with his hand for several minutes. It was painful. He took his time. It was clear he was doing it on purpose to humiliate me.”“I was beaten, electrocuted, and forced to strip naked in front of male officers,” Ibrahim told Human Rights Watch.The official complaint before the Administrative Court states that Ibrahim “was exposed to the ugliest forms of humiliation, torture and a violation of the sanctity of her body.”In a court hearing on October 25, the State Council lawyer denied this allegation and called for the dismissal of the case based on lack of evidence.At the moment, five human rights organizations are supporting her case, including the Egyptian Initiative for Personal Rights, the Nadim Center for the Rehabilitation of Victims of Violence and Torture, the Hisham Mubarak Law Center, the New Woman Foundation, Nazra for Feminist Studies, and the No to Military Trials Group.A verdict for Ibrahim could be a remarkable victory not only for Ibrahim, but also for all Egyptian women subjected to sexual assault as most of rape and sexual assault cases in Egypt go unreported.This is not at least evident by the fact that while Ibrahim’s battle has received adequate attention in international press, local Egyptian media has given the 25-year-old little to no coverage.“It breaks my heart that international outrage over my case is stronger than that of my fellow Egyptians,” Ibrahim says.Violations against women are therefore hugely underreported in Egypt – one recent report from 2003 found that as many as 98 percent of rape and sexual assault cases are not reported to authorities.Hmmmm........Volume 1, Book 9, Number 490: Narrated 'Aisha: The things which annul the prayers were mentioned before me. They said, "Prayer is annulled by a dog, a donkey and a woman (if they pass in front of the praying people)." I said, "You have made us (i.e. women) dogs". Read the full story here.
- Columnist in Jordanian Daily: Jews and Peace Are Incompatible; 'The Protocols of the Elders of Zion' Is 'Proof That They [Work] To Prevent Peace'.(Memri).In a column in the Jordanian daily Al-Arab Al-Yawm, As'ad Al-'Azouni wrote that Jews and peace are incompatible, because the Jews do not believe in peace and, furthermore, are responsible for all the wars and conflicts in the world. He added that the West supports the Jews only because it is afraid they might return there from Israel and spread corruption and licentiousness, as they did in the past.The following are excerpts from the article:"Israel is a peace rejectionist. That much is obvious. But what people don't know is the reason for this – namely, that Jews and peace are generally incompatible.
"[The Jews] are the epitome of corruption, and this is what caused the Christian West to commit inhuman acts [against them] and to violate international laws. I am referring to the [West's] scheme to expel the Palestinians from their land and hand it over to the Jews as their national homeland..."The Christian West was repulsed by the Jews, their plots, their licentiousness and their [practice of exacting] usury, and decided to get rid of them, not knowing that they would encircle the whole West in a Christian-Zionist noose, bind everyone in shackles of humiliation and control, and pass freedom-limiting laws, such as the law [against] antisemitism."None of the wars and conflicts in the world would have started if it weren't for the Jews, who scheme in the darkness to start fires in [various] countries and instigate conflict among people. What is written in The Protocols of the Elders of Zion is perhaps [the best] proof that they [work to] prevent peace from prevailing between the ruler and his subjects. They form groups that establish ties with both sides and incite each against the other, warning the ruler against his citizens and [at the same time] urging the citizens: 'rise up against your oppressive ruler.'""It Was The Jews Who Invented the Position of Secretary – In Order To Create a Buffer Between Bosses and Their Subordinates.... They Are Behind All [Forms Of] Corruption"Israel "Knows That the West, Terrified Of the Possibility That the Jews Might Come Back, Will Meet Its Demands" Read the full 'story' here.
- "From the U.S. with tears?" Egypt imports 21 tons of tear gas from the US, port staff refuses to sign for it.(BikyaMasr).Cairo: The arrival of 7 and half tons of tear gas to Egypt’s Suez port created conflict after the responsible officials at the port refused to sign and accept it for fear it would be used to crackeddown on Egyptian protesters.Local news sites published documents regarding the shipment that shows that the cargo, which arrived in 479 barrels from the United States and was scheduled to be delivered to the ministry of interior.The reports also mentioned in the documents that a second shipment of 14 tons of tear gas was expected, making the total 21 tons, in one week.The importing of tear gas comes after thousands of tear gas canisters were fired at Egyptian protesters last week as clashes raged in downtown Cairo, just off from the iconic Tahrir Square, where thousands of protesters had gathered.The gas used has angered activists, who say the effects of exposure has yet to wear off, with a number of protesters telling Bikyamasr.com that they have coughing fits, chest pains, blurred vision and their arms often shake. According to the Journal of Royal Medicine, the use of CS Gas – the most common choice of Egypt’s police last week – can have lasting symptoms for over one year.The al-Shorouk newspaper reported that upon the arrival of the shipment, massive disapproval broke out between employees, where five employees refused to sign for the shipment, one after the other.The five, being dubbed by activists as the “brave five”, will be refereed to a investigative committee as to why they refused to perform their duties.The news about the shipment’s arrival stirred the Twittersphere, after it was consumed all day with the country’s first post-revolution elections, and activists mocked the reinforcement of weapons that is being used against them.Many commented, saying that “gas bombs are definably more important than importing wheat to make bread.”Read the full story here.
- Iranian Ayatollah Cheers Murder of Journalist Who Had Death Fatwa On His Head For Criticizing Mohammed.(Azerireport).November 28, 2011: The Iranian Ayatollah Sheikh Mohammed Fazel Lankarani welcomed the murder of the Azerbaijani writer and journalist Rafig Tagi. This sensational news appeared on the sheikh’s website on the morning of November 28.The statement called the murder an execution and just sentence of Rafig Tagi, who he described as an apostate. The ayatollah congratulated the Azerbaijani people with Rafig Tagi’s murder and expressed joy that “the hand of God appeared among the Muslims and sent to hell the wicked man, who had insulted the Prophet.”“Without a doubt, the man, who performed the sentence and pleased the Muslims, will receive a great gift from the Almighty. Let the enemies of Islam know that decent young people will not allow anyone to humiliate Islam’s holy values and realize the intrigues of world imperialism and Zionism, and will punish those who betray their religion for their shameful acts.I congratulate the Muslim world and, above all, the people of Azerbaijan and the memory of Ayatollah Uzma Lankarani — the man, who issued a death fatwa (sentence) on the ungodly,” the statement said.Read the full story here.