Monday, November 21, 2011
"I bring reason to your ears, and, in language as plain as ABC, hold up truth to your eyes." ~ Thomas Paine, December 23, 1776.
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity situation Myanmar 5.9 !More info here.
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- Canary Islands - El Hierro earthquake and volcano eruption – Update 21. here , Live webcams here and here.
- Issa: If Eric Holder is not ‘doomed,’ the Obama administration is.(DailyCaller).House oversight committee chairman Rep. Darrell Issa told The Daily Caller that if Attorney General Eric Holder isn’t “doomed” because of his handling of Operation Fast and Furious, the entire Obama administration is.“If the [Obama] administration continues to have full confidence in a failed administration by Eric Holder and Lanny Breuer, then ultimately the administration is going to be doomed,” Issa told TheDC during an interview in San Diego on Saturday. “Eric Holder seems to have the full confidence of the president, and I can’t understand why.”Issa chairs the powerful House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, putting him in charge of the principal vehicle House Republicans use to investigate the Obama administration. The California Republican has developed a reputation inside the beltway as “Mr. Subpoena” — a bulldog investigator who forces results.Iowa Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley, the ranking minority member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, is also driving the congressional investigation into Operation Fast and Furious.Issa’s comments about Holder’s fate, and President Barack Obama’s continued willingness to protect his scandal-plagued attorney general, come as 52 members of Congress are demanding Holder’s immediate resignation. One of those lawmakers is 2012 presidential candidate Michele Bachmann, a congresswoman from Minnesota. Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has also demanded Holder step down, as has National Rifle Association president David Keene.The attorney general is scheduled to appear before the House Judiciary Committee again on December 8. During that hearing a cadre of Repubicans, including both Issa and Chaffetz, are likely to grill Holder about both his competence and his truthfulness.Read the full story here.
- Chart of the Week: Defense Spending Dwindles Under Obama.(Heritage).The Heritage Foundation and American Enterprise Institute host a Republican presidential debate on CNN this Tuesday at 8 p.m. on the subjects of foreign policy and national security. At a time when domestic issues dominate the headlines, Tuesday’s debate offers an opportunity to refocus our attention on matters of constitutional significance.The Founding Fathers spelled out in the U.S. Constitution that the federal government must provide for the common defense. Yet defense spending has fallen below its 45-year historical average. It is projected to drop to 3.4 percent of gross domestic product in just a few short years.Presidential candidates will have an opportunity to share their thoughts on this trend Tuesday night. It should be a timely topic with the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction expected to announce its plan — or lack thereof — by Wednesday. Democrats have already suggested that it wouldn’t be bad thing if automatic cuts to defense were trigged by the lack of a deal.In anticipation of defense cuts, last week the Foreign Policy Initiative, American Enterprise Institute and Heritage warned that the future of America’s national security hangs in the balance. Heritage has strongly advocated for the Super Committee to fully fund defense or risk a dangerous readiness crisis.Hmmm........I bring reason to your ears, and, in language as plain as ABC, hold up truth to your eyes. ~ Thomas Paine, December 23, 1776.Read the full story here.
- The 5th Column in the U.S.(BigGovernment).“Workers of the World Unite”Karl Marx, the infamous German political philosopher had a vision. Marx, together with Joseph Engles predicted and even called for the dismantling of capitalist economic systems worldwide into a socialist and ultimately classles communist World. 24thState will be asking the question of the late Mr. Marx, “How is that working out for you?”In a series of columns, we will expose the 5th column in the United States. We will name names and expose the ties from David Axelrod, who just visited St. Louis referring to some GOP presidential contenders as “nutty folks“, to active marxists and communist party loyalists in Congress and even the Missouri General Assembly. We will expose their plans and how even their favorite Republican member of Congress (yes, they have one) works to fulfill them.If we contemplate for a second, whether it is realistic to assume that the marxists quit being marxists, in Russia, China and even the U.S., can we assume that the workers of the world decided to not unite? Did they pack up their tents and go home? Are Russian and Chinese leaders relinquishing power and creating new constitutional republics? Did the Communist Party USA shut their doors or just change their tactics? The answers to these questions are unquestionably obvious but uncomfortable to contemplate.First published in 1848, the Manifesto had ten very specific goals (briefly examine their progress in the U.S. here). The most alarming tenet however, may be the assertion that communism will never really work until the entire World is communist. In other words, the true believers have a duty to spread it. What then is the duty of those opposed to it? What is IT? Another alarming tenet of marxism is the Machiavelian notion that the idea is so important and people so naturally resistant, that deception, progaganda and assorted treachery are not just hallmarks, but mandates. The history of their “class struggle” shows us their conviction that some must die. We wonder if Marx and Engles would have desired that upwards of 100 million should die. When you add up the slaughter of the “less usefull” of the “usefull idiots” in the lexicon of the Leninists, we have over 35 million human beings “sacrificed” for the cause in Russia alone. Add in Pol Pot, Castro, Chairman Mao and the estimated 3.5 million dead and still dying daily in North Korea, utopia has what most of us would view as one unacceptably high price. Some evidently are so untroubled by that legacy that they seek to spread the ideology of death despite the clear and modern existence of communist regimes like North Korea which kills people daily. Where are the calls of the marxists of the world for North Korea to stop killing people? Where are the calls of the leftists in Congress to China to stop paying bounties on escaped North Koreans who are sent back to die? The deafening silence is the natural sign of an allied relationship. The hard leftists view China as the partner.If you ask a naval admiral who he or she fears the most, you will here it is China. The backwards marxist state turned economic super power also has the most treacherous anti-ship missile known to man. Their spies have surpassed the Russians in both U.S. Government and corporate espionage. Worse, China and Russia have formed a miliary alliance even bringing Pakistan into their military alliance; the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation.So if Russia and China are the first two columns allied against us, East and West, and Cuba and Venezuella make up the third column, certainly radical Islam is the fourth. We know that they work together allying against our interests around the World, against any civil, peaceful nation that is not communist or radicalized Islamist. So could the U.S. suffer a fifth column? Of course we could. Is it radical Islamic terror cells, marxists, or both? If they are here, what goals would they have? Disarming us, maybe?So while we bask in the blissful ignorance that the Cold War is over and China is our friendly neighborhood banker ever since Nixon went there, the Islamists, and communists among us are working for “change“. What are they changing? We know that the Democrats had two non-negotiable demands out of the failed budget deal: tax increases and military decreases. Do we have your attention yet?Hmmm........I bring reason to your ears, and, in language as plain as ABC, hold up truth to your eyes. ~ Thomas Paine, December 23, 1776.Read the full story here.
- NYPD arrest 'Lone wolf U.S. citizen Al-Qaida sympathizer.(DailyMail).Jose Pimentel who wanted to change name to Osama Hussein' foiled in pipe bomb terror plot to kill police officers and returning soldiers in New York City.The New York Police Department has foiled an alleged terror plot targeting law enforcement and soldiers returning from the battlefield.Jose Pimentel, 27, an Al-Qaeda sympathizer from Washington Heights, New York, was arrested Saturday at his apartment.The charges against him include conspiracy, first-degree criminal possession of a weapon as a crime of terrorism, and soliciting support for a terrorist act.He was believed to be acting as a 'lone wolf', New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said during a press conference last night.At Pimentel's arraignment after the press conference, his lawyer Joseph Zablocki said his behavior leading up to the arrest was not that of a conspirator trying to conceal some violent scheme.Zablocki said Pimentel was public about his activities and was not trying to hide anything.He added: 'I don't believe that this case is nearly as strong as the people believe.''He [Pimentel] has this very public online profile... This is not the way you go about committing a terrorist attack.'Pimentel, also known as Muhammad Yusuf, was denied bail and remained in police custody. The bearded, bespectacled man wore a black T-shirt and black drawstring pants and smiled at times during the proceeding.Mayor Bloomberg said Pimentel was 'plotting to bomb police patrol cars and postal facilities as well as targeted members of our armed services returning from abroad.'The NYPD's counter-terrorism unit has been tracking Pimentel since May 2009, when he began discussing his terror plans.Pimentel, an unemployed American citizen originally from the Dominican Republic, had converted to Islam and was allegedly inspired by Al-Qaida - namely radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki.He had converted to Islam and was going to change his name to Osama Hussein, the name of his two heroes, Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein, Mayor Bloomberg said.The date of his alleged attack was not immediately clear.But Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said Pimentel was close to putting his deadly plan into action.He said: 'We had to act quickly yesterday because he was in fact putting this bomb together. He was drilling holes and it would have been not appropriate for us to let him walk out the door with that bomb.'Pimentel was reportedly able to build three pipe bombs using instructions found in an article in the online terror magazine Inspire.The magazine featured an article entitled, 'How to build a bomb in the kitchen of your mom.'He also intended to test the effectiveness of the bombs by placing them in mailboxes and detonating them.His terror plot shifted from talk to action with the dealth of Awlaki, Inspire's publisher, in September.Commissioner Kelly said: 'What set him off was the elimination of Anwar al-Awlaki on September 30.'Read the full story here.
- KUHNER: Obama’s Denigrate America tour.(WT).By Jeffrey T. Kuhner .President Obama regularly expresses his contempt for America. The latest example was his comment at a business forum in Hawaii where he complained that “we’ve been a little bit lazy over the last couple of decades.” In particular, he meant Americans supposedly have been lax in pursuing foreign investment because “we aren’t out there hungry, selling America and trying to attract new business into America.” This degrades the country he leads.The statement is patently false. During the past several decades, foreign investment has nearly tripled. Washington has signed multiple free-trade pacts, seeking to expand export markets and attract investment capital. Economic globalism is eroding our industrial base and U.S. wages; it has been a bonanza for foreign investors. Americans have not been passive. Yet Mr. Obama loves to bash America.This is the latest in a long list of cheap insults. At a San Francisco fundraiser in October, Mr. Obama said, “We have lost our ambition, our imagination and our willingness to do the things that built the Golden Gate Bridge.” Earlier that month, he complained, “we used to have the best stuff. Think about it: The world used to say ‘Let’s travel to America. Let’s see the Golden Gate Bridge. Let’s see the Hoover Dam. Let’s see the amazing things that America built.’ ” In September, he claimed America “had gotten a little soft and, you know, we didn’t have that same competitive edge that we needed over the last couple of decades. We need to get back on track.”During the 2008 presidential campaign, Mr. Obama denounced “bitter” middle- and working-class voters who “cling to guns or religion, or antipathy to people who aren’t like them” and pull the lever for Republicans. In other words, the heartland is rife with parochial, xenophobic, racist and primitive citizens who still believe in outdated conservative notions such as patriotism, God, the Second Amendment and stopping the flood of illegal immigrants.Mr. Obama is a typical liberal. He believes America is fundamentally flawed, wicked and in irreversible decline. Like most on the radical left, he has been profoundly disappointed by America, especially over the past several decades. The Soviet Union - the vanguard of socialist revolution - was tossed onto the ash heap of history. The great enemy, capitalism, emerged triumphant.The truth is that Americans have not lost their work ethic, imagination or competitive edge. In fact, no country has achieved what America has in the past 30 years. We won the Cold War, liberating captive nations and expanding freedom to several hundred million people. We created the Internet and many of the world’s top high-tech companies, such as Google, Yahoo, Microsoft and Facebook. We have spearheaded leading innovations in medicine, science and technology. We have become the most productive, prosperous and richest country in history - opportunities exist here that are impossible elsewhere. In short, America has shown repeatedly that it is an exceptional nation. This is what Mr. Obama despises.Mr. Obama’s presidency represents the culmination of the 1960s revolutionary left. At their core, ‘60s radicals preached hatred for America. In their eyes, the United States was an evil, imperialist power based on economic exploitation, racial oppression and mindless militarism. Mr. Obama’s intellectual mentor, Saul Alinsky, argued that America could only be saved by radical transformation. Christianity, the free market, constitutional limited government, the belief in American exceptionalism all had to be uprooted to pave the way for the coming socialist utopia. In tandem, Mr. Obama’s comments are part of a larger ideological pattern: He spent 20 years in the Rev. Jeremiah Wright’s church, had ties to the Marxist terrorist Bill Ayers and continues to express sympathy for anarcho-socialist movements such as Occupy Wall Street.No other American president - not even Jimmy Carter or Bill Clinton - has vilified and denigrated his country while in office like Mr. Obama. It is not just that he routinely demonizes segments of his own countrymen - denouncing “fat-cat” bankers, millionaires, billionaires and corporate-jet owners. He has publicly attacked the Supreme Court for its decision on campaign-finance legislation. He has urged Hispanic supporters to “punish our enemies.” He has called Fox News and other media critics “illegitimate.” Since the 2010 midterm elections, he even has questioned the efficacy of our constitutional system, complaining about our “broken politics.” He derides “this big, messy, tough democracy,” openly admitting his temptation to bypass Congress and go it “alone.” This is more than hyperpartisanship. It expresses a deep-seated revulsion for American traditions and American democracy.Mr. Obama repeatedly has bowed to foreign leaders - Japan’s emperor, China’s strongman president and the Saudi king. He has apologized to the Europeans and the Muslim world for our alleged “arrogance” and imperial meddling in foreign affairs. This is despite America’s heroic role in defeating Nazi Germany and protecting Europe from Soviet communism. The United States also has liberated more than 50 million Muslims from brutal occupation in Afghanistan and Iraq.Our president constantly talks down his own country while the press corps yawns at his flagrant display of anti-Americanism. In another era, Mr. Obama would have been run out of town. Today, he is applauded by leftist pundits for his cosmopolitan, multicultural sophistication. This kind of “sophistication” is mocked in the corridors of power in Moscow, Beijing and Tehran. Only our rivals and enemies benefit when the American leader conveys that the world’s superpower is losing its self-confidence and self-respect.Hmmm.....I bring reason to your ears, and, in language as plain as ABC, hold up truth to your eyes. ~ Thomas Paine, December 23, 1776.Read the full story here.
- Obama's Jews Are Faithless.(MyRightWord).President Barack Obama is perceived by many Jews to be, at best, ambivalent not only on the issue of Israel, its security needs and even its national ethos, but also a waverer on Judaism as a religion.Just over a month ago, the ZOA came out criticising Obama on his Rosh Hashana message: The Zionist Organization of America (ZOA) has again raised the issue of President Barack Obama’s attitude towards Jews and Israel, following the latest presidential Rosh Hashanah Message, addressed strangely to “everybody,” and in which he never actually mentioned ‘Jews’ or ‘Judaism’ even once, referred to ‘Jewish tradition’ only once, and said nothing about the Jewish contribution to American life or anything else. (This is in stark contrast to President Obama’s August 2010 Ramadan Message, in which he referred to ‘Muslims’ six times and to ‘Islam’ twice, stated that “American Muslims have made extraordinary contributions to our country,” and praised “Islam’s role in advancing justice, progress, tolerance, and the dignity of all human beings … a faith known for great diversity and racial equality”). President Obama has a new website and I checked the "Groups" section and saw: ....and then I took a second, closer look: Jews, it would appear, are religion-less. No faith. I am not sure exactly what Obama's thinking is on this but I am willing to presume that the Jews closest to him are uneasy with themselves being identified as those of faith. I would guess they are the cultural/ethnic variety of Jewish atheist-socialists, who delude themselves that they can obtain a standing of aloof assimilation while maintaining that chic Jewish definition of "yes, but...".Is there another explanation?
As for the political message, we read: From the beginning of his administration, Barack Obama has consistently exemplified America’s unbreakable commitment to Israel. He has worked tirelessly to ensure Israel’s security, and in light of recent turmoil in the region, has dramatically increased America’s support for Israel’s security and qualitative military edge. The President has a deep understanding of the grave threats Israel faces and he has been steadfast in supporting Israel’s right to defend itself. He has worked closely with Israel and the Arab world on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to facilitate a resolution that protects Israel’s core interests, addresses Israel’s security needs, and recognizes Israel as a Jewish state and the homeland for the Jewish people. The Obama administration has executed a robust multilateral strategy to counter efforts to de-legitimize Israel.Okay, if you believe that without any questions or need for clarification, you can stop reading here, if you've reached this far. But let us add:
- Obama has not visited Israel since being elected although being in the area.
- Obama has sought to wrench Jerusalem's new neighbohoods out of Israel's sovereignty.
- Obama has termed Jewish residency in Judea and Samaria, the heartland of the Jewish national home as defined in international law which guaranteed the facilitation of close settlement on the land as "illegitimate".
- Obama brushed off Israel Prime Minsiter Netanyahu in the infamous "in through the backdoor no-picture" incident.
- Obama never condemns, as he does Jewish construction, any Arab construction.
- Obama implied that Netanyahu is a liar and encouraged France's Sarkozy's personal hostility toward Netanyahu.
- Obama has not done much about Iran's nuclear weapons program.
- Obama had Hillary Clinton berate Netanyahu in an embarassing phone call.
- Obama has demanded that Israel's new borders must "start" agt the Greenn Line, leaving open the possibility that the 1947 lines are still legitimate.
There's much, too much more.Here's just one view:
- From the get-go, Obama adopted a hostile posture toward Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu...At every chance, Obama sought to portray him as intransigent when it came to forging a peace agreement with the Palestinians.
- Obama decided that Jews building homes outside of Jerusalem was the biggest threat to Middle East peace...[but] when Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas announced plans to form a unity government with Hamas earlier this year, Obama would not cut off aid. This even though Hamas has been designated a terrorist group...Another:
- February 2008: When running for president, then-Sen. Obama told an audience in Cleveland: "There is a strain within the pro-Israel community that says unless you adopt an unwavering pro-Likud approach to Israel that you're anti-Israel." Likud had been out of power for two years when Mr. Obama made this statement...As for Likud governments, it was under Likud that Israel made its largest territorial compromises—withdrawals from Sinai and Gaza.
- July 2009: Mr. Obama hosted American Jewish leaders at the White House, reportedly telling them that he sought to put "daylight" between America and Israel......In the same meeting with Jewish leaders, Mr. Obama told the group that Israel would need "to engage in serious self-reflection." This statement stunned the Americans in attendance: Israeli society is many things, but lacking in self-reflection isn't one of them...
- September 2009: In his first address to the U.N. General Assembly, President Obama devoted five paragraphs to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, during which he declared (to loud applause) that "America does not accept the legitimacy of continued Israeli settlements." He went on to draw a connection between rocket attacks on Israeli civilians with living conditions in Gaza. There was not a single unconditional criticism of Palestinian terrorism.
- ...Secretary of State Hillary Clinton berated Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on a now-infamous 45-minute phone call, telling him that Israel had "harmed the bilateral relationship." (The State Department triumphantly shared details of the call with the press.) The Israeli ambassador was dressed-down at the State Department, Mr. Obama's Middle East envoy canceled his trip to Israel, and the U.S. joined the European condemnation of Israel.
- ...on ABC, Mr. Axelrod called Israel's planned construction of apartments in its own capital an "insult" and an "affront" to the United States. Press Secretary Robert Gibbs went on Fox News to accuse Mr. Netanyahu of "weakening trust" between the two countries.
- Ten days later, Mr. Netanyahu traveled to Washington to mend fences but was snubbed at a White House meeting with President Obama—no photo op, no joint statement, and he was sent out through a side door.
- April 2010: Mr. Netanyahu pulled out of the Obama-sponsored Washington summit on nuclear proliferation after it became clear that Turkey and Egypt intended to use the occasion to condemn the Israeli nuclear program, and Mr. Obama would not intervene.
- March 2011: Mr. Obama returned to his habit of urging Israelis to engage in self-reflection, inviting Jewish community leaders to the White House and instructing them to "search your souls" about Israel's dedication to peace.
- May 2011: The State Department issued a press release declaring that the department's No. 2 official, James Steinberg, would be visiting "Israel, Jerusalem, and the West Bank." In other words, Jerusalem is not part of Israel. Later in the month, only hours before Mr. Netanyahu departed from Israel to Washington, Mr. Obama delivered his Arab Spring speech, which focused on a demand that Israel return to its indefensible pre-1967 borders with land swaps.
...No U.S. president has explicitly endorsed the '67 lines as the basis for negotiating a final border, which is why the University of Michigan's Juan Cole, not exactly a shill for the Israel lobby, called it "a major turning point." Mr. Obama would also know that in 2009 Hillary Clinton had described this formula as "the Palestinian goal." Now it's Mr. Obama's goal as well, even as he insists that "no peace can be imposed."
...on Thursday Mr. Obama called for Israel to make territorial concessions to some approximation of the '67 lines before an agreement is reached on the existential issues of refugees and Jerusalem. "Moving forward now on the basis of territory and security," he said, "provides a foundation to resolve these two issues in a way that is just and fair, and that respects the rights and aspirations of Israelis and Palestinians."...the essence of his proposal is that Israel should cede territory, put itself into a weaker position, and then hope for the best. This doesn't even amount to a land-for-peace formula.
...Mr. Obama got some applause Sunday by calling for a "non-militarized" Palestinian state. But how does that square with his comment, presumably applicable to a future Palestine, that "every state has a right to self-defense"? Mr. Obama was also cheered for his references to Israel as a "Jewish state." But why then obfuscate on the question of Palestinian refugees, whose political purpose over 63 years has been to destroy Israel as a Jewish state?And then there was that line that "we will hold the Palestinians accountable for their actions and their rhetoric." Applause! But can Mr. Obama offer a single example of having done that as president, except perhaps at the level of a State Department press release?Jews are good for a web site design graphic and their votes but that just may be all in Obama's vision.Hmmm......."Beware of false prophets. They come to you disguised as sheep, but in their hearts they are vicious wolves. ~ Matthew 7:15.Read the full story here.
- Assault on the Truth, Part 2: How the Muslim Brotherhood Censors Federal Counterterrorism Training.(BigPeace).By John Guandolo.(note: read Part 1 of Mr. Guandolo’s article here).
In September 2010, a group of prominent leaders from the Intelligence and Law Enforcement community (Team B II) stepped out by producing a report entitled, “Shariah: The Threat to America” in which Islamic Law and the Muslim Brotherhood’s Islamic Movement in America were detailed and exposed. Team Members include former Director of Central Intelligence R. James Woolsey, former Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence Lieutenant General Jerry Boykin, former Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency Lieutenant General Ed Soyster, former Inspector General of the Department of Defense the Honorable Joseph Schmitz, former Chief Prosecutor for Counterterrorism at the U.S. Attorney’s Office in New York City Andrew McCarthy, and a host of others.This team of people challenged the direction of the U.S. government, outlined the dangers of failing to grasp the enemy threat doctrine, and chastised government officials for working with and taking advice from a stated enemy – the Muslim Brotherhood. Since this report was published, former National Security Advisers, Attorney Generals, and other former senior U.S. officials have been briefed on this information and see the imposition of Shariah as the enemy’s threat doctrine and as a direct threat to the United States.Team B II members teaching and training the law enforcement, intelligence, and military communities about the threat from the Islamic Movement and Shariah have increasingly come under pressure to stop their work. In February 2011, Muslim Brotherhood entities began speaking openly in government spaces, including Capitol Hill, about the “cottage industry” of counterterrorism, and railed against the “fear-mongering” that Islamic Law was “somehow a threat to Americans.” The arguments were never made factually. They were almost always ad hominem attacks, usually naming individual American citizens who were teaching or financially supporting the training efforts the government should have been conducting in the first place. However, this was the beginning of a growing overt attack on those seeking to share the factual analysis of the enemy threat doctrine with those who need to know it to perform their daily security duties.
USG Collaborating with the Enemy
The following are brief summaries of notable recent interactions between senior Muslim Brotherhood leadership in America and top U.S. government officials. An entire book could be written on just this topic, but these paint a dangerous and incomprehensible relationship between the enemy and those charged with protecting American citizens.In a March 2011 speech given at a Muslim Brotherhood front organization called the All Dulles Area Muslim Society (ADAMS) in Sterling, Virginia,Deputy National Security Adviser to the President of the United States Denis McDonough praised Imam Mohamed Majid as the Executive Director of ADAMS and as the President of ISNA. McDonough said, in part: “President Obama was very grateful you (Majid) led the prayer at the White House for last summer’s Iftar Dinner…Thank you also for being one of our nation’s leading voices for the values that make America so strong, especially religious freedom and tolerance. Whether it’s here at ADAMS or as the President of the Islamic Society of North America, you have spoken with passion and eloquence, not only about your own Islamic faith, but for the need to build bridges as you’ve demonstrated here.” These comments constitute public praise (material support) for a known financial support entity of Hamas – a designated terrorist organization.Again, this year in August, Imam Majid attended the Iftar Dinner at the White House and met with the President.On December 1, 2010, Fox News reported that former Inspector General for the Department of Defense (DoD) Joseph Schmitz sent a letter to the Chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) in which he detailed a national security threat posed via the Muslim Chaplain program to the United States, specifically because the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) vets Muslim Chaplains for DoD and for the Bureau of Prisons (BOP). It should also be noted that Abdurahman Alamoudi, an Al Qaeda operative now in federal prison, created the Muslim Chaplain program for DoD.The Honorable Mr. Schmitz was primarily concerned because: ISNA continues to vet Muslim Chaplains for our military and is an unindicted co-conspirator in the largest Hamas trial in U.S. history (HLF). Schmitz wrote to Senator Feinstein, “The November 2008 criminal conviction in Texas of the Holy Land Foundation (HLF) as a front for Hamas, naming of the DoD’s Chaplain Endorsing Agents, the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), as an unindicted co-conspirator (among others), suggests that terrorist organizations can and do disguise themselves as charitable organizations.” Additionally Schmitz wrote, “The November 2009 Fort Hood massacre by a commissioned Army officer who served as a lay Muslim leader at Fort Hood demonstrates that international terrorist organizations can also try to disguise their agents as chaplains and religious lay leaders.” The threat this poses to American citizens is clear and imminent.At the end of March 2011 at a U.S. House of Representatives Committee hearing on the civil rights of Muslims, U.S. Senator Richard Durbin, who called the hearing, openly praised ISNA for their help in the preparation of the hearing. Two of ISNA’s Directors, Mohamed Elsanousi and Sayyid Sayeed, were present in the Committee room. El Sanousi shook Senator Durbin’s hand on camera after the hearing.In fact, the leadership of ISNA works with Secretary of State Clinton as a part of an “interfaith outreach” program, and Imam Mohamed Majid sits on DHS Secretary Napolitano’s “Countering Violent Extremism Working Group.” That’s the leader of a financial support entity for Hamas advising the Secretary of Homeland Security. Fact.To put a capstone on the evidence of the government being used as a puppet of our enemy, one need not look farther than the U.S. Attorney in Portland, Oregon, Dwight C. Holton. Holton who oversaw the prosecution of Mohamed Osman Mohamud (Christmas Tree Bomber) recently said: “I want to be perfectly clear about this: training materials that portray Islam as a religion of violence or with a tendency towards violence are wrong, they are offensive, and they are contrary to everything that this president, this attorney general and Department of Justice stands for. They will not be tolerated.” Such training materials “pose a significant threat to national security because they play into the false narrative propagated by terrorists that the United States is at war with Islam,” he added.Training materials which factually link violence (jihad) to Islamic Law which our enemies rely on to wage war against us “will not be tolerated.” Actually, teaching this fact-based information, in the eyes of a U.S. Attorney constitutes a “significant threat to national security.” We are truly witnessing the complete dismantling of the factual basis by which we can first define and then orient against the enemy – and it is our government that is doing it. This is what is meant when the Muslim Brotherhood says Civilization Jihad by OUR hands.Men and women inside and outside of the United States government have, for several years now, taught a fact/evidence-based program revealing that “violent Islamist extremists” identify themselves as the “Islamic Movement” (violent jihadis like Al Qaeda, subversive drivers like the Muslim Brotherhood, and the nation states supporting them all). These training programs clearly and factually demonstrate that Shariah (Islamic Law) provides the doctrinal basis for the basis used by this enemy to wage war against us. When the leadership within the government shuts down this fact-based discussion in furtherance of serving to quell “Islamophobia” and keep their Muslim Brotherhood advisers happy, it transgresses into a place that in any other situation would easily constitute material support for a stated enemy, and is demonstrative of a catastrophic failure of the very entities legally charged with protecting all American citizens.Hmmmm......I bring reason to your ears, and, in language as plain as ABC, hold up truth to your eyes. ~ Thomas Paine, December 23, 1776.At what moment becomes incompetance...... Treason?Read the full story here.
- Comments on Vassar’s ‘Unthinkable’.(UnifiedPatriots).We do live in separate realities; or at least we perceive reality differently than they do.I still prefer Dr. Sowell’s model of the visions, ours the constrained, theirs the unconstrained. Without slap-dashing it too much, their side believes in the perfectibility of man and Utopia; our side (and I think the side of the Founders) thinks not, has a more tragic view of human nature and plans accordingly.To extend a bit, since we see Man as imperfect, we need to create rules to keep folks in line, since we know they’ll stray and do their own thing if they can. Especially governments consisting of Men. This gives us the negative Constitutional rules ie: Congress will pass no law….The other side figures they can push everyone into perfection, hence their approach to legislating: You WILL BUY Health Insurance…or as in the old SovUnion, whatever isn’t illegal, is mandatory!Our side tends to believe in moral absolutes, right and wrong, often based upon Judeo-Christian thought and teachings. Also tradition. This provides a foundation for all that follows.The other side, not so much. They rail against Biblical fairy tales about some sky-god, and insist on defining right and wrong. Problem is, it always changes with the times, so yesterday’s truth is today’s lie. Why not? If there is no foundational right and wrong, every day is a new day, yesterday’s in the past and no longer matters. ‘We have always been at war with Eastasia.’The other thing they’ve artfully done is muddy the water where it comes to defining rights, needs and wants. I missed the part in the Constitution where anybody has a right to a college education or health care or a cell phone or to bargain collectively. In confusing needs and wants with rights, their side has become downright Spockian: ‘the needs of the many (give me stuff! © OWS) outweigh the needs of the few’ (leave mriggio’s property alone!). But what else would we expect from those who diminish the indivdual in favor of the (organized, and more easily controlled) collective.So, of course they’re against the Constitution! It’s too restrictive and lacks any moral relativism; that’s why they want it to be a ‘living’ (meaning ever-changing and adaptable) Constitution. Since there is no absolute right or wrong, they have to make the Constitution say what they need it to say today, in order to do what they want to do today. Remember San Fran Nan when asked if the individual mandate was constitutional–”Are you kidding? Are you kidding?” Or my other buddy John Conyers and his ‘good and plenty welfare’ clause? Or the idiot ex-Congressman Phil Hare “I don’t worry about the Constitution”? We could all go on.The only solution I see is an absolute electoral and legislative slash-and-burn, tear down the whole Progressive edifice and salt the ground where it once stood. I’m all for Perry’s plan to uproot and overhaul Washington and whittle it down to the size it’s supposed to be. So what if he couldn’t remember the third outfit he’d shut down; I can give him about 20 more if he needs a little reminder now and then.Hmmm......Hear,hear!Read the full story here.
- Over 30 reported dead in Egypt military “massacre”.(Bikyamasr).CAIRO: Over 30 people are reported dead, including a confirmed 27 at one Cairo morgue after what activists and observers are now calling the military’s “massacre” of protesters in and around Tahrir Square.At the Zeinhom morgue, images show the dead lined on the floor. This is just one morgue, with dozens of other seriously injured demonstrators being hourly transported to local hospitals after suffering gunshot wounds.Doctors confirmed to Bikyamasr.com on Mohamed Mahmoud street – where the fiercest fighting is taking place – that the military is targeting demonstrators in the head and neck.The field hospital, one of three in the Tahrir area, was evacuated shortly after midnight in the midst of military violence, as tear gas rained down upon anyone left attempting to give assistance to the wounded, and in what activists are reporting, dozens of dying people.Many are demanding the international community intervene and denounce the Supreme Council of Armed Forces (SCAF) “crimes against humanity.” Attacking a hospital is considered such under international law.Activists in Tahrir said the army and riot police are positioning snipers on the roof of the building next to the American University in Cairo’s downtown campus, who are allegedly hunting protesters from atop. They say green laser lights shining down on the protesters are the snipers.Bikyamasr.com can confirm the green lasers, but as of writing cannot confirm snipers.Medical sources still cannot confirm the number of injuries so far throughout the day, yet they say they have been receiving about two new cases every other minute.The number of wounded is likely in the thousands and as the military continues its unprecedented attacks on citizens, most expect the numbers of dead and wounded to rise throughout the night.With the death toll rising dramatically in recent hours, the violence is almost certain to pass any of the death tolls during the 18-day uprising that ousted former President Hosni Mubarak.Read the full story here, Photos from inside Egypt’s Tahrir field hospital here.More here from AlArabiya.
- Abbas Going for Broke, Gunning for Unity with Hamas.(DocsTalk).Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas is to meet with Hamas leaders in Cairo Thursday to sum up a unity deal based on “resistance,” a Palestinian Authority state based on the temporary 1949 Armistice Lines and non-recognition of Israel.Abbas, head of the rival Fatah faction, formally signed a formal unity agreement with Hamas in May, but it quickly became nothing more than a ceremonial act following disagreements.The failure of the Palestinian Authority to gain admittance as a full member in the United Nations has been a game-changer. Following the American and Israel decision to cut off funds to the PA after it won membership on the U.N.’s UNESCO agency, Abbas has made it clear he considers the Obama administration an obstacle to his plans for Palestinian Authority statehood. Spokesmen for Hamas and Abbas have confirmed this week’s meeting will be full of substance as Abbas had apparently decided to bank on Asian and pro-Arab countries in Europe to give him the diplomatic backing he has lost with the United States.Hamas opposed Abbas' bid for U.N. membership, and the failure has represented the terrorist organization with a golden opportunity to exercise weight. The failure of a unified Palestinian Authority has hampered Abbas’ influence in the West, with Hamas ruling Gaza and the Fatah faction ruling Arab areas of Judea and Samaria.Hamas spokesmen said the unity agreement will be based on a policy of ”resistance,” an Arab code word for terror; a Palestinian Authority country being defined by the temporary 1949 Armistice Lines that were in effect until the Six-Day War in 1967; and non-recognition of Israel.Abbas previously has said he recognizes Israel as an entity, but not a Jewish state. Presumably, Abbas will claim he recognizes Israel only according the temporary borders. Their inclusion in the Palestinian Authority would mean the expulsion of nearly 10 percent of Israel's population and the forfeiting of lands and property in PA-claimed areas.One of the bones of contention between Fatah and Hamas has been the choice of prime minister, a post held by Ismail Haniyeh in Gaza and PA Prime Minister Salam Fayyad in Ramallah. Under the new agreement, neither of them would serve in office.The planned meeting this week between Abbas and Khaled Mashaal, the supreme leader of Hamas, is bound to upset the Obama administration even more than the bid for membership in the United Nations, a move that effectively buried the American-led ”diplomatic process.” A further provocation could be the participation of the Islamic Jihad in new PA elections in May, a move the terrorist organization said it is considering.Abbas still is trying to stay on good terms with the Obama administration, commenting that the United States “is considered our friend” because it “helps us financially and it provides us with a considerable amount of aid.” The cut-off to aid following the PA’s acceptance to UNESCO proved temporary but still remains a threat.Hmmmm......Why would they worry, they have 'their man' in the White house.Read the full story here.
- Fatah and Hamas officials move toward reconciliation.(BikyaMasr).CAIRO: Hamas and Fatah leaders, Prime Minister Ismael Haniyeh and Fatah leader Mohammad al-Nahhal, announced on Saturday that a new government is to be announced after the officials meet in Cairo on November 24.Here, the fractions will take steps to appoint a new Prime Minister, and determine the process for holding parliamentary and presidential elections in May.These are the most progressive steps seen in a long time towards reconciling the absolute split that has parted Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza politically and practically since 2007.Al-Nahal commented on the matter saying that “The Palestinian people will witness in the next few days the birth of reconciliation.”Ismael Haniyeh added to the statement that the next Palestinian government will be located in the Gaza Strip. As such, the next head of the Palestinian government will be from Gaza.Fatah leader al-Nahal added Saturday that several names have been suggested for the position of Prime Minister. The current PM, Salam Fayyad, has vowed to step down from his post in an effort to end division between the factions, stating on his Facebook profile that he would not “impose himself on the Palestinian people.”Hamas has never recognized Fayyad in his seat as PM, and unity has been farfetched due to Abbas’ loyalty to Fayyad. Since Abbas insisted on appointing him head of an interim government last May, Hamas suspended unity talks and the Egyptian-brokered unity deal.As the Palestinian Authority apparatus has lost considerable popular support since the beginning of the UN statehood process, this step to suggest political change might be very welcome.Nevertheless, news website Al-Risala quoted Fatah Central Committee member Mahmoud Aloul saying that “…forming a joint government between the two movements and excluding Fayyad of its presidency has not been raised in the meetings took place between the two movements.”However, the same report said the factions have great hope in their upcoming November meeting to “overcome all the obstacles hindering the formation of the government and the Declaration of National Unity.”Senior advisor to Gaza Prime Minister Ismael Haniyeh, Ahmed Yousef, summarized the political program of what he dubbed “all Palestinian factions.” He stated the common goal to be “the establishment of a Palestinian state on the 1967 borders with its capital in Jerusalem.”Additionally, Hamas vowed to support Abbas in pushing for recognition in UN institutions. This is a considerable expression of support, as Hamas has earlier countered the bid for statehood at the UN, saying that Palestinians “do not beg for a state.”However, Israeli officials are not applauding the prospects of Palestinian unity. Commenting on the matter, un-named officials in Jerusalem said Thursday that “President Mahmoud Abbas cannot have both peace with Israel and reconciliation with Hamas.”“If Abbas effectuates this marriage in a meeting next week with (Head of Hamas Khaled, red.) Mashaal, this is a big problem for us,” one official said. “We have said before that Abbas can choose peace with us or Hamas, but they don’t go together.”Hmmm......The Obama regime paying terrorists their wages with U.S. taxpayers their money.Read the full story here.
- Activity spotted at alleged Iran nuke site.(YNet).Diplomatic officials in Vienna said Monday that satellite surveillance footage has shown a recent increase in activity at an Iranian site suspected of secret work on nuclear weapons.According to AP, it appears Iran is trying to cover its tracks by removing any evidence of nuclear research and development.Officials from two other countries confirm increased activity but say they do not have reasons to believe it is linked to such efforts.The West currently knows about the following nuclear program facilities in Iran:
- Natanz – a uranium enrichment facility.
- Qom – a uranium enrichment facility.
- Isfahan – a uranium conversion Facility.
- Arak – a heavy water production plant.
- Bushehr – a civilian nuclear power plant.
- Tehran – an experimental nuclear reactor.
- Parchin – a military base for nuclear research and development
Various uranium mines in central and southern Iran.The surveillance footage suggests that one of the structures at the military site at Parchin seems to be housing a large metal chamber – which the International Atomic Energy Agency report described as being used for nuclear-related explosives testing.A senior diplomat said Monday the agency is closely monitoring all suspect sites mentioned in the agency's report. All the officials asked for anonymity because their information is confidential.Read the full story here.
- Video - Turkish bus in Syria near Homs with pilgrims attacked, 2 wounded.(YNet).Two Turkish citizens were wounded when gunmen opened fire on a convoy of Turkish buses carrying pilgrims in northern Syria, Turkish media reported on Monday.Turkish NTV news channel said the driver of one of the three buses and a pilgrim were wounded in the attack at a checkpoint just across the Syrian border. Private news agency Dogan showed images of a passenger bus with one of its side windows smashed, apparently from a gunshot, after it returned to the Turkish border town of Cizre.A Turkish foreign ministry official said he was aware of an incident and the ministry was trying to establish the details. Passengers disembarking at Cizre told Dogan they had been told to get off the bus by up to eight uniformed Syrian soldiers at a checkpoint. "They were hidden in their hideouts ... these were soldiers, these were not civilians, their flags were there," a male passenger in his thirties said. One of the soldiers said "'come, come', he wanted to get me inside, I didn't go inside," the passenger said. "I had nothing in my hands, there were seven or eight of them. He cocked his gun at me and said 'put your hands up' ... I shouted for everyone to run, we ran and they started firing at our backs. God saved us," he said. "We have returned from death. We have returned from death," said another male middle-aged passenger, sobbing as he spoke.It was not immediately clear when the incident happened, but it appeared to have taken place overnight, as Dogan's footage of the passengers back in Turkey was taken early on Monday morning. The wounded were being treated in a hospital in Antakya, in Turkey's Hatay province just across the Turkish border, NTV reported.Read the full story here.More here from AlArabiya.
- Turkey - Secure internet, or the other face of censhorship ?(Firat).The internet censorship ruled by Turkey's Internet regulator, the Information Technologies and Communication Authority (BTK) begins tomorrow under the name of “secure internet”. While the new implementation is expected to raise the number of banned websites in large measure, Alternative Informatics Association has filed an annulment action against BTK’s central filtration implementation.The number of banned websites in Turkey, which is over six thousand at the moment, is expected to reach hundred thousands since the Information Technologies and Communication Authority will have the authority to ban the websites it deems suitable as of November 22. Following the revision of BTK’s first decision on the subject which was published on 22 February and retracted in August 2011 as a result of intense criticism and complaints, the decision was re-published on 16 September by BTK which defended that the implementation was developed to protect children and young people from the information pollution and harmful contents on internet. Alternative Informatics Association remarked that BTK’s arrangement wasn’t based on voluntarism as the Authority claimed, noting that the censorship would be implemented “in a central way in accordance with the state’s instructions”. Turkish Internet users will need to sign up for one of four filters the BTK will create: children, family, domestic and standard and after the sign up, users will not have the chance to change their filters afterwards.Hmmm....Iran talks about a 'Halal' internet but Turkey implements it?Read the full story here.
- Jailed Turkish journalists apply to European Court Of Human Rights.(HurriyetDaily).A complaint by two famous Turkish journalists arrested as part of the Ergenekon case will be reviewed by the European Court of Human Rights, NTVMSNBC has reported.Ahmet Şık and Nedim Şener applied to the court on account of the Turkish government's violation of their freedom of speech and their right to safety. The court examined the claims and decided to address the matter.Şık and Şener said they were being held without being properly informed about the charges against them. The pair also included the long duration of their captivity and their conditions of incarceration in their complaints.The European court has consequently requested a defense statement from the Turkish government while also demanding a detailed account of the reasons and the conditions for their temporary arrest.The judges requested clarification on "the link between writing and publishing a book that voices criticism of the government and being a member of a terrorist organization," NTVMSNBC reported. Both Şık and Şener were arrested as part of the Ergenekon case, which is investigating an alleged ultranationalist terrorist group accused of planning to overthrow the government.Read the full story here.
- Iran Mulling Creation of 100-million-Strong Muslim Basij Army.(DocsTalk).Commander of Iran's Basij (volunteer) force Brigadier General Mohammad Reza Naqdi announced on Sunday that Tehran is studying formation of a 100-million-strong Muslim world Basij force."We will form the 100-million-strong Basij force of the Muslim world to materialize the promise of the late Imam Khomeini about the freedom of the noble Quds," Naqdi said. He underlined that Basij will bravely and steadfastly continue its struggle and fight for the freedom of Quds from the occupation of Zionist regime and to release all mankind from the claws of the world arrogant powers. Naqdi's remarks comes against the backdrop the Muslim world's popular uprisings and revolutions which are similar to what happened in Iran in 1979 under the leadership of the late Imam Khomeini. Tunisia saw the overthrow of Zine El Abidine Ben Ali in a popular revolution in January, which was soon followed by a revolution which toppled Hosni Mubarak in Egypt in February. Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and Libya have since been the scene of protests against their totalitarian rulers, who have resorted to brutal crackdown on demonstrations to silence their critics. While Libya celebrated the victory of its revolution after the death of the country's dictator, Muammar Qaddafi, in October, uprisings continue in several other Muslim states.Regional analysts and officials have underlined that Iran's Islamic Revolution led by the Late Founder of the Islamic Republic, Imam Khomeini, is the source of inspiration for the growing tides of Islamic awakening in the region. Earlier, Ayatollah Khamenei had also underscored the profound and vast influence of Iran's Islamic Revolution on the growing waves of Islamic awakening in the region. "Thanks to Islam and Islamic Revolution, a popular and overall Islamic awakening has happened in the region today, which will definitely yield its results as it has already yielded (some of) its results in certain points," Ayatollah Khamenei said in April. nalysts believe that Iran's inspiration on these nations means that they share Iran's goals and ideals and are, thus, willing to joint such a 100-million-strong force.Read the full story here.
- Michelle Obama Ignores Plight of Afghan Women.(KabulPress).The woman of Afghanistan are facing a crisis which threatens to roll back many of the advances in equality and human rights that the West promised after the fall of the Taliban. Brothels in Kabul continue to service NATO officials and contractors, burkas are once again becoming the norm, and Afghan women continue to be legally viewed as mere property of their families and husbands, with criminal penalties for failing to act as property.As one of her supporters, this author expected more from First Lady Michelle Obama. While she has won praise for her excellent fashion sense and her support for healthy foods, both issues are safe and uncontroversial. The American people bestowed upon her a unique and priceless soap box on which she can stand and command attention. As perhaps the most popular and respected person in America, her powerful voice has been silent on far too many important issues. One of those issues is the Obama Administration’s failure to support women’s rights in Afghanistan. This article looks at just three of the problems facing Afghan women.
- On June 20, 2011, the Kabul Press published its second report on the sex trade in Kabul. Entitled “Kabul Brothels Continue to Service NATO,” the report detailed the re-birth of brothels in Kabul as a result of the American invasion. As the article explained, the unofficial message from NATO’s leadership to victims of oppression is: “We will liberate you as long as your women agree to service our officials and contractors.” That is a sad reality of both NATO and United Nations peacekeeping missions. This scandal in Afghanistan has been the subject of numerous investigative reports including the following:
“Women trafficked to Afghanistan to meet demand from Westerners” by Jess McCabe, “theFword.org,” (June 23, 2008).
“NATO Men Romp in Afghan Brothels,” The Sun (April 7, 2008).
“Sex Trade Thrives in Afghanistan” by Lisa Tang of the Associated Press (June 15, 2008).
“Despite Allegations, No Prosecutions for War Zone Sex Trafficking,” by Nick Schwellenbach and Carol D. Leonnig, with the Center for Public Integrity (June 26, 2010).
At the forefront of these investigations has been RAWA, the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan.Into all of this is First Lady Michelle Obama. Mrs. Obama is a graduate of Princeton University and Harvard Law School. She successfully practiced law with the mega-law firm of Sidley Austin and later served as a Deputy Planning Commissioner in Chicago and an Associate Dean at the University of Chicago. Despite her considerable skills and talent, since inauguration day almost three years ago she has virtually disappeared from the political stage. So much was expected of this dynamic, poised and articulate woman, but it is never too late to change.Al-Jazeera published an excellent article on October 31, 2011, by Ted Rall entitled “US Double Standard.” While not dealing specifically with the NATO sex trade or women’s issues in Afghanistan it discussed the broader issue of how U.S. officials freely negotiate away human rights for some (where the dictator is a friend of America), while expressing indignation about human rights violations where the dictator is a foe of America. Mr. Rall likened it to a company that maintains two sets of records. He concluded by stating that “This double standard is the number-one cause of anti-Americanism in the world.” That broader issue of America’s ethical flexibility is at the heart of the abuses suffered by Afghan women. Too many Obama Administration officials have become far too comfortable with their arbitrary pronouncements of morality. Hunan rights are only embraced when it is convenient to do so. Mr. Rall writes that human rights should not be negotiable.There are things worth fighting for and worth taking risks to advance. As with any risky undertakings, the effort might fail, but it might also succeed. The more important the issue, the more it tends to become a character test for the public officials, legislators or judges involved. As it is easier and safer not to take the lead, most of these individuals unfortunately spend their time inventing reasons why they should not act. They thus fail the character test.Mrs. Obama should begin by ignoring everything she is told by the State Department. She should meet with Rangina Hamidi and Clementine Malpas and then screen “In-Justice” at the White House for members of her Administration, Congress and the news media. Then she should travel to Afghanistan as Laura Bush did and visit Kabul’s main prison at Pul-e Charkhi in order to meet with women victims. After that she should sit down with representatives of RAWA and then she should hold a press conference in Kabul in order to speak out publicly about what she has seen and heard. That would be a good start.Hmmmm......Of course Kabul is no Safari in dark mystical Africa or The Spanish Jetset?Why would a President who talks with the Muslim Brotherhood care about the Afghan women?Read the full story here.
- Iran: President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's press adviser sentenced.(YNet).The Iranian president's press adviser has been sentenced to a year in prison on charges of "publishing materials contrary to Islamic norms," the official IRNA news agency reported Saturday. Ali Akbar Javanfekr has also been banned from journalism activities for three years, IRNA said.Javanfekr is just the latest of dozens of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's political backers to be targeted by hard-line opponents. This appears to be part of an internal power struggle over influencing upcoming elections for parliament, slated for March, and for president in 2013. Javanfekr wrote in an official publication that the practice of women wearing a head-to-toe black covering known as a chador was not originally an Iranian practice but was imported. This was considered offensive by hard-line Iranian clerics. The court sentenced him to six months for publication of materials and pictures "contrary to Islamic norms" and another six months for writings against Islamic norms, IRNA said. Javanfekr has 20 days to appeal the sentence. His lawyer, Abdollah Nakhaei, said the verdict is unfair and that he will definitely appeal it. The verdict came hours after authorities banned the pro-reform Etemaad daily for two months for publishing the text of an interview Saturday with Javanfekr, in which he criticized conservative opponents of Ahmadinejad for the arrest of dozens of the president's allies over the past months. Authorities made no mention of the interview. Instead, they said the paper was ordered closed on charges of insulting officials and "spreading lies."Though Ahmadinejad himself is a hard-liner, he and some of his allies have come under attack over political disputes in recent months from the same conservatives who brought him to power. Iran experienced a wave of newspaper closures during a confrontation between reformers and hard-liners during the 1997-2005 tenure of former reformist President Mohammad Khatami. The judiciary has shut down more than 120 pro-reform newspapers and jailed dozens of editors and writers on vague charges of insulting authorities since 2000. Read the full story here.
- Talking to Terrorists.Why America Must Engage with Its Enemies.(MEForum).By Mark Perry.Reviewed by Michael Rubin.Should the U.S. government talk to terrorist groups? Freelance foreign affairs analyst Perry offers a resounding "yes." His argument, however, is based on a specious reading of recent events in Iraq, which he then extrapolates to other violent players in the Middle East.Perry contends that it was dialogue rather than the military surge that ultimately ended Iraq's civil war. "The real gamble in Iraq did not actually take place in Iraq," Perry argues, it "took place in Amman" where U.S. officials engaged Sunni insurgents. The assumption that these talks occurred in a vacuum is a consistent flaw throughout the book. To argue that military pressure does not affect terrorists' decision-making is to deny reality.Denying reality seems to be Perry's strong suit. When he turns his attention to Hamas and Hezbollah, he describes how, after a series of talks with Western interlocutors, both groups abandoned their maximalist positions. Here, he lacks introspection, never considering the possibility that terrorists lie. Hamas, for example, is said to have backtracked on its goal to eradicate Israel and agreed to limit its demands to Israeli withdrawal from the West Bank, Gaza, and Jerusalem, this despite the fact that Hamas' unrepudiated charter continues to call for the destruction of the Jewish presence in historic Palestine.Likewise, he takes a Hezbollah spokesman at his word that the group is just anti-Israel and not anti-Semitic but ignores ample evidence to the contrary. Hezbollah's leader Hassan Nasrallah, for example, has quipped, "If they [the Jews] all gather in Israel, it will save us the trouble of going after them worldwide."Not only are Perry's arguments weak but so too is his grasp of facts. He embraces Internet-circulated conspiracy theories about U.S. decision-making, misrepresents officials' positions, and presents hearsay as dialogue. Officials Perry dislikes—Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz and Coalition Provisional Authority head Paul Bremer—become cartoon characters. Tunnel vision also plagues his arguments: He can counsel appeasement to end terror campaigns, but he never considers the impact on those whom terrorists oppose. For example, empowering Sunni rule in Iraq would likely have led to far bloodier backlash among the majority Shiite population. Nor should sacrificing Israel—or any democracy—to autocratic, Islamist terrorists ever be a viable policy option. The question of whether talking to terrorists has a place within U.S. policy options is an important one, but the answer offered here is essentially worthless.Read the full story here.
- Outrage as Berlin issues tax demands to Belgians deported to Germany in WWII to work as slaves for Nazis.(DailyMail).By AllanHall.Belgians deported to Nazi Germany in World War II to work as slaves for the Third Reich have now received tax demands from Berlin.Belgium’s finance minister Didier Reynders has vowed to confront Germany over the ‘morally indefensible’ tax demands which have been arriving in the mailboxes of elderly war survivors over the past few weeks.‘It is shocking that people who during World War II were forced to work by the Nazis have now received tax demands from the authorities related to the compensation eventually paid for that work,’ he said.Several dozen former victims of the forced labour regime imposed by the Nazis after they conquered Belgium in May 1940 have received the demands. It seeks tax on pensions and lump sums paid out in compensation following a deal struck in 2005.Tony Vandersteen, ombudsman of the Belgian pension department, said; 'There is great anger. Dozens of people have complained, both survivors or their dependants.'I told people there is not a lot that I can do. I recommended that people contact the German authorities in order to try to obtain a discount'.The German tax demands could not come at a worse time for the German image.It was only six years ago that Germany recognised its responsibility towards the survivors and began to issue them payments and pensions.Belgian slaves worked in some terrible places where life often hung by a thread. They included the secret underground factory at Nordhausen where V2 rockets were built and where some workers didn't see daylight for four years.They also endured backbreaking work building the bunker Valentin in Bremen to house submarines. Nearly 4000 people died while working there, what prosecutors at Nuremberg called 'extermination by working'.Many Belgian Jews not exterminated were deported to work in ghetto industries in Poland.Mr Reynders said that this new problem with the pensions paid to former forced labourers had come about because of a new German law on taxing pensions of people living outside of Germany.He said he had contacted his German opposite number Wolfgang Schaeuble on October 20 about the general implications of the law, but had 'yet to get much of a response.''It hits me not only financially but emotionally,' said Simone De Vos, 84, the widow of a forced labourer. 'My late husband had anxiety attacks for decades after his time in Germany. It is outrageous that the Germans now want money back.' Germany wants to claw back 17 per cent of the payments in tax. Some 200,000 Belgians were enslaved to work for their German masters. It is feared that the tax demands will now be sent to survivors in other lands.The German government had no immediate comment.Hmmmm......To say it with General Anthony Clement immortal words "Nuts"! Read the full story here.
- Durban III promotes what it claims to be fighting.(JPost).Transcript now proves that the UN-sponsored anti-racism conference was merely a charade.In yet another effort to demonize Israel on the political battlefield, the UN General Assembly—which can bear a striking resemblance to the game of Whac-A-Mole—will adopt a new resolution this week to promote the Durban “anti-racism” declaration. Back in September the UN sponsored “Durban III,” an event intended by Islamic states and UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay to breathe new life into the ten-year-old anti-Israel vendetta which began in South Africa in 2001. Despite the unprecedented boycott by all Western veto-holding members of the Security Council – the US, Britain and France – Durban and its insidious message have popped up a mere two months later.The regenerative nature of UN armaments, in the form of cyclical resolutions and “follow-up” mechanisms, makes them not merely annoying but dangerous. Due to this circuitous nature, battles that are won must be fought again and again.This is particularly true of the libelous 1975 UN resolution equating Zionism with racism, which was revitalized in the 2001 Durban Declaration and Program of Action (DDPA), accusing only one state among all UN members of racism – Israel – and casting Palestinians as the victims of Israeli bigotry. By all accounts – except the one emanating from the UN press office – Durban III failed to deliver the credibility boost that its fans were craving. In a strong rejection of the Durban III political program, 14 nations, including Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Poland, the United Kingdom, the United States and, of course, Israel all boycotted. A simultaneous counter-conference held directly across the street from the UN, involving Nobel Prize laureate Elie Wiesel and a bipartisan group of Jewish and non-Jewish luminaries, mounted a resounding historic challenge to the UN campaign. The UN response, however, has been to rewrite history. On September 22, 2011, at the opening ceremonies of Durban III, South African President Jacob Zuma fictionalized the original conference, saying “in Durban the world spoke with one voice” – notwithstanding the very public departure of the United States and Israel. A few hours later, the General Assembly adopted a “political declaration,” “reaffirming” the DDPA and calling the declaration “United against racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance.” Today, the UN website says of Durban III that “world leaders adopted by consensus a political declaration,” paying no notice to the fact that the world’s leading democracies had already voted with their feet.The UN has even issued a document titled “frequently asked questions” which purports to answer charges of UN discrimination against Israel. Ironically, it confirms the worst.Question: “Why is Israel the only member state mentioned in the DDPA?” Answer: it is “a reflection of the international concern about the unresolved Israeli-Palestinian situation.” In other words, spotlighting Israel, and what the DDPA labels Palestinian “victims,” is properly part of an “anti-racism” manifesto.With the transcripts of Durban III now available and the UN spin-masters hard at work for the vote this week in a “follow-up” to the event, the details of what actually took place on September 22 warrant exposure.The day was comprised of three parts: an opener in the General Assembly Hall, two roundtables and a closing session summarizing the day’s output. Only six state representatives were selected to speak during the opening session. The 55 states in the African group chose Sudan – a country whose president has been indicted by the UN’s own International Criminal Court for genocide. Here is a sampling of what Durban’s enthusiastic supporters contributed over the course of the day:
- The foreign minister of Tunisia, co-chair of one of the roundtables, said that the Durban anniversary provided an opportunity “to highlight…first and foremost, the Palestinian people” so as to avoid “exacerbating intercultural tensions.”
- The foreign minister of Iran ranted about “the racist Zionist regime” while proclaiming the DDPA to be “one of the richest record of achievement of humanity in today’s world against racism.”
- The Lebanese minister of foreign affairs denied the meaning of anti-Semitism: “Anti-Semitism is not known in the Arab world because Arab nations are Semitic.” He then manifested his own anti-Semitism by objecting to the “Jewish character of Israel” as “contrary to any vision of a future based on peace and tolerance.”
- The Syrian UN ambassador complained about “unpleasant practices in our region” – by which he didn’t mean his own government’s habit of butchering its people – but “the racist concept of a ‘Jewish state of Israel,” “the Facist racism of Israel” and “the mass racist violations by Israel.”
Durban III was also a golden opportunity for countries to attack the West, undermine democratic freedoms and play dress-up as a human rights advocate.
- The deputy foreign minister of Cuba railed against “subjugated” Palestinians and against institutionalized racismstitutionalized racism “in Europe and North America.”
- The Islamic Republic of Mauritania hailed Durban’s “significant achievements, in particular, condemning slavery,” and Mauritania’s stellar record of following Durban’s directions – despite the fact that hundreds of thousands of people are enslaved in Mauritania and that its government jails anti-slavery activists.
- The Saudi Arabian “undersecretary for multi-relations affairs” never showed up, but, in an extraordinary breach of protocol, the UN uploaded his “speech” to the Durban III site anyway. Here are the words of the world’s leading practitioner of gender apartheid and the country which criminalizes public displays of religion other than those of Islam: “Islam calls upon us to refrain from offending other religions and faiths;” “the Kingdom established…agencies that call for the spread of human-rights culture;” “freedom of speech should never be used as a tool for injustice;” and “the highest degree of racism and discrimination…the clearest illustration of such comprehensive racial discrimination lies…against the Palestinian people.”Durban III also had its carefully-orchestrated non-governmental message. NGO participants had to be vetted and only those NGOs not vetoed by a UN member were permitted to attend. Organizations dedicated to eradicating discrimination against Dalits,sometimes called untouchables, were barred from this anti-intolerance charade. The one individual chosen to represent all of civil society in the main opening session could be counted upon to condemn the United States. Sarah White of the Mississippi Workers’ Center for Human Rights denounced racism in America where, she said “black workers are still…forced to work under conditions that look a lot like slavery.” The UN meticulously chose ten of the 88 registered organizations to speak at the roundtables. Here’s why:
- The American Civil Liberties Union opened with “We thank you for the opportunity to call attention to racial discrimination in the United States.”
- The “December 12 Movement International Secretariat (US)” claimed the United States was guilty of “undermining the development of over 40 million black people in its borders” and “the forced under-development of African people within the US.”
- The director of the “Malcolm X Center for Self-Determination” appealed to the UN for help in implementing the DDPA “on behalf of all US counter-intelligence-program-era political prisoners and persons currently held on US racist death rows across the country.”
In fact, the only specific state directly criticized by the UN’s hand-picked NGOs in a global anti-racism conference was the United States.At day’s end, with grand aplomb back in the General Assembly Hall, Prime Minister of Swaziland Barnabas Sibusiso Dlamini summarized the contributions of Durban III. In two contiguous sentences, he managed to lay bare the twisted dishonest UN game. “Several speakers referred to…the situation in the occupied Palestinian territories. The importance of not singling out a specific region or country was also emphasized.” In short, Durban is not a “united” front against racism, but a divisive anti-Semitic and anti-Western bonanza. Nevertheless, the Durban license for intolerance continues.Only a month later, the UN’s “Intergovernmental Working Group on the Effective Implementation of the DDPA” met in Geneva to produce recommendations “on the role of education in combating racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance.” They began with a draft set of recommendations which mentioned the Holocaust. They ended on October 28, 2011 with the Holocaust having been excised. Their initial draft said the UN should: “encourage Governments to ensure that textbooks and educational materials reflect accurately historical facts, in particular with regard to…” among other things, the trans-Atlantic slave trade and the Holocaust. What happened?As soon as negotiations began, the EU demanded that all specifics be deleted – anything after the words “historical facts” – because the list “looked like a Christmas tree” and “will introduce a hierarchy of victims.” The EU was unhappy about being the target of the trans-Atlantic slave trade reference and was unperturbed about ditching the Holocaust along with it. The rest of the negotiations consisted of various parties demanding additions and subtractions to the list that would be unpalatable to others so that, in the end, the no-list argument prevailed. In the final minutes, Belgium and Turkey made a deal to incorporate a reference back “in particular” to the “list in paragraph 99 of the DDPA,” which names only “slavery, the slave trade, the transatlantic slave trade, apartheid, colonialism and genocide.” There was plenty of indication that reference to the Holocaust was an uncomfortable subject at a Durban “effective implementation” meeting. Russia said that they wanted to add “other crimes committed by the Nazis” because “the Holocaust was just one of these crimes that had its own name,” while Senegal, on behalf of the African Group, complained “why do we have the word Holocaust when it doesn’t exist in paragraph 99 of the DDPA?” Evidently, Durban “follow-up” is the fruit of a very poisonous tree. All of this brings us to the present and the latest resolution now before the General Assembly, which promotes the DDPA along with Durban III. Last year, when the Assembly decided to hold Durban III, not a single Western member of the UN voted in favor. With Durban III over, however, the push is on to win back the fickle Europeans and move them at least into the abstention column. France and Britain boycotted when the prospect of standing shoulder-to-shoulder with Iran and Syria at an “anti-intolerance” affair would have been publicly embarrassing, but pushing forward the already-existing handiwork of Iran and company might be easier for anemic diplomats and could possibly be overlooked. After all, the vote will take place in the recesses of the organization and will not be webcast. The UN formula for propagating moral confusion and delegitimizing the Jewish State? Just wear down the opposition.The writer is the director of the Touro Institute on Human Rights and the Holocaust and a senior fellow at the Hudson Institute.Read the full story here.
- Belgium: Prisoners riot after ban on corridor prayers.(IslamIneurope).Via RTBF (h/t Bivouac-ID, French):Around 150 prisoners rioted in Andenne prison last Wednesday night. The prisoners refused to go back to their cells and set fire to the corridors and classrooms and ransacked them. Special units of the federal police were called in, and calm was restored by 1:30 AM Thursday morning. There were no injuries, but significant damage was caused.The reasons for the riots are unclear, but Laurent Sempot, prison spokesperson, says they think it's due to an internal memo banning Muslim prayer in the corridors. Prison management only allows Muslim prayer in the cells.Laurent Sempot adds that there's a hard-core group of Muslims who are completely intolerant towards other prisoners, allowing themselves things they are not allowed, especially prayer in the corridors. The prison management decided to put their foot down, and enforce the regulations, and they think this might have triggered Wednesday's riots.Claude Eerdekens (PS), the mayor of Andenne, says the prisoners' behavior was scandalous, and the riots were unjustified. "We live in a secular state," he says, and religion is an individual matter. Part of the prison population is radical and fundamentalist and does not deserve consideration.Read the full story here.