Wednesday, September 21, 2011
This will make you vote for the Freedom Party. Tom McKeever reveals that, under a pilot project initiated by the McGuinty government, children are being taught in Arabic 50% of the time in a Windsor elementary school. Hudak the alleged conservative has been silent on this.
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in the US 4.8 ! More info here.
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- Please meet "attackwatch.NET" the complete opposite of attack watch........... the Dr Jekyll and Hyde of attackwatch.org. Here.
- Obama's buddy sends Turkish warships towards Cyprus in oil exploration dispute.(TodaysZaman).Turkish warships have set out for the Mediterranean at a time when Turkey and Greek Cyprus are deadlocked over possible deposits of oil and natural gas off the coast of the island.Three warships set sail from İstanbul through the Dardanelles, heading for the Aegean, the Cihan news agency reported on Wednesday. The warships’ activity was interpreted as a sign that Turkey is ready to live up to its pledge and prepare for its own drilling in the company of warships in the debated waters around Cyprus.According to Greek Cypriot presidential advisor Ertan Ersan, Chief of General Staff Necdet Özel and Turkish Land Forces Commander Gen. Hayri Kıvrıkoğlu said that Turkey would start drilling within a week, Turkish media reported on Wednesday. Özel reportedly indicated that “the Greek Cypriots would not dare to escalate the tension,” as he proposed that Turkey would start drilling since it is the country’s right to do so. Kıvrıkoğlu expressed the belief that Greek Cypriots would not make “a crazy move that would escalate the crisis.” Ersan had talks with the generals earlier this week.The countries have been exchanging warnings since the Greek Cypriots announced during the summer that they were planning to conduct oil and gas exploration in the seabed Turkey considers disputed territory, but the actual kickoff for the Greek Cypriot drilling that came on Monday proved the debate could turn into a crisis that might even involve a military showdown.The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (KKTC) announced on Tuesday that it was setting up a monitoring committee that would observe developments on a Greek Cypriot oil platform that was set up recently and is expected to yield results within a few weeks. The committee is expected to issue daily reports on exploration activities while Turkish warships and aircraft keep the zone under surveillance with respect to Greek Cypriot territorial rights.“The drilling process has been started by Noble Energy on the basis of the agreement with the Republic of [Greek] Cyprus,” Greek Cypriot deputy government spokesman Christos Christofides was quoted as saying by Reuters on Tuesday, confirming that the Greek Cypriot administration feels justified in carrying out the drills unilaterally.“By ignoring the rights and interests of the Turkish Cypriots they are sabotaging the search for a solution based on the principles and framework accepted by the United Nations,” İrsen Küçük, the Turkish Cypriot prime minister, was quoted as saying in the same report.The platform of US-based Noble Energy was set up over the weekend, deepening the crisis between the Turkish and Greek sides, as Turkey vowed to cooperate with the KKTC to sign its own continental shelf delineation agreement in the event the other side of the island went ahead with its drilling project. Turkey considers seabed deposits oil and natural gas a common wealth for the entire island, both communities of which have been engaged in UN-led reunification talks that are expected to be finalized by October.However, the hydrocarbon debate seems to have undermined both parties’ readiness for a just solution to the separation that goes back almost four decades.Cyprus has been divided between Turkish and Greek sides since 1974, when the Turkish military intervened in an Athens-backed coup to reunite the island with Greece. Although the KKTC is recognized as a state only by Turkey, Greek Cyprus has enjoyed the benefits of EU membership since 2004 and is readying for its term in the EU rotating presidency in the summer of 2012.Intergovernmental bodies headed by the UN expect the two communities to come to an agreement on reunification before the Greek Cypriot presidency of the EU begins in July 2012. Turkish officials consider the presidency ample reason to freeze negotiations with the European bloc if a solution is not devised by then.Hmmmm.....No wonder Obama and Erdogan had such smiling faces at the UN,lets start a war with Israel?Read the full story here.
- Saudi Columnist: Hitler Was Right about the Jews.(Memri).In an article titled "Liberalism – A Jewish Deception," Saudi columnist Khaled Al-Ghanami justified Hitler's views on the Jews as expressed in his book Mein Kampf, and claimed that the Jews today were exploiting economic liberalism as a means to topple the Arab states and control the world. The article was received positively by many readers, who defended Al-Ghanami's claims and even asked him to expand on them.Following is a translation of the article:
"Regardless of our views on Adolf Hitler, his book Mein Kampf contains many stories and much philosophical commentary worth reading. Hitler's position vis-à-vis the Jews was not capricious. It was a position he formulated over dozens of years of observing them, zealously [defending] them, and arguing with those who denied they were German citizens. Eventually he discovered that the Jew was only a Jew [and not a German].
"In his book [Mein Kampf], he castigates the Jews first and foremost for Germany's defeat in World War I. While the [German] army fought on the front, the Jews organized demonstrations to overthrow the monarchy in Bavaria and several [other] regions in Germany, and even called for munitions manufacturers to strike. This shocked the German soldier, for how [could he] sacrifice his life on the battlefield while the workers who were supposed to send bullets to the front were striking? Hitler, himself a young soldier, returned to his country after [Germany's] defeat, [only] to discover that the revolution had already broken out and that in its course, [Kaiser] Wilhelm II had been overthrown in a cunning Jewish plot.
"[Mein Kampf] contains many stories about the Jew who lurks in the shadows (according to Hitler), and whose calls for freedom and equality are nothing but diabolical plots aimed at weakening the state, causing anarchy, undermining security, and controlling the fate of the nations. This is because the Jew believes he is superior to others, and he dislikes manual labor, preferring to make the people his slaves by [giving them] interest-bearing loans."Economic liberalism is the Jews' latest plot, which reflects the greed of the Jews and of the capitalist regime that has emptied the peoples' pockets, leaving the world impoverished and on the brink of collapse. Most of the money ended up in the pockets of a small group of people, and we all know that most of the world's capital is in the hands of the Jews."There are those who wonder what liberalism has to do with the Jews... We are not ashamed to say that we have been swindled by the calls for the freedom, which every freedom [lover] yearns for, and [by the call] for opportunities to succeed in the wide world, on all fronts. After long years of observing this liberal procession marching across all the Arab countries, [we wonder] – which way is it headed? At the end of the day, it seems to serve only the Zionist-American program [aimed at] crumbling our states, cleaving our unity, and taking control of the good of our lands..."Will we wake up? That is the question."'Okaz (Saudi Arabia), September 12, 2011.Hmmm.....Anti semitism alive and kicking in Saudi Arabia.Read the full story here.
- “Brother to brother: I got a fantastic idea…… Wait a year, then go for it.”(ISU).By Kenny Solomon.
No, I don’t have any ulterior motives like
seizing the reigns as president for lifemy re-election to a second term.
I never have any other thoughts than
the complete Marxist-Jihad takeover of America and helping to wipe Israel off the mapdoing the right thing for America and Israel.US presents plan for PA to defer UN bid for one year.Timing is everything.Read and see the full story here.
- IDF's Scream disperses Palestinian Riot.(TheMuqata).Heard about "The Scream"?Its the IDF's new, non-lethal, crowd dispersal device...and it was used today to disperse a Palestinian Independence Riot in Kalandia, Jerusalem. The device projects non-lethal sound waves -- resulting in a deafening sound people cannot stand. "The Scream" is so effective that not even earplugs are effective as a deterrent.The Scream has been used before, yet today marked its first appearance in Jerusalem, when the IDF used it to stop dozens of rioting Palestinians who were throwing rocks and molotov cocktails at the IDF checkpoint in Kalandia.(JPost).More about the scream from a posting a few years ago: (from Wakeupfromyourslumber):
JERUSALEM—The knees buckle, the brain aches, the stomach turns. And suddenly, nobody feels like protesting anymore. Such is the impact of the Scream, the latest weapon in the Israeli army's high-technology toolkit.Launched Friday afternoon near the West Bank village of Bil'in, after another in the almost daily demonstrations against Israel's controversial security barrier turned violent, Israel's secret weapon lived up to its billing, by most accounts.Witnesses describe a minute-long blast of sound emanating from a white Israeli military vehicle. Within seconds, protestors began falling to their knees, unable to maintain their balance.An Israeli military source, speaking on the customary condition of anonymity, confirmed the existence of the Scream, or Tze'aka in Hebrew, in an interview yesterday."The intention is to disperse crowds with sound pulses that create nausea and dizziness," the Israel Defence Force spokesperson told the Toronto Star."It is probably the cleanest device we have ever had, when you compare it to rubber bullets or tear gas. It is completely non-lethal. It has no adverse effects, unless someone is exposed to the sound for hours and hours."IDF officials said the technology was researched and developed over a span of five years as a result of "lessons learned" during the Israeli army's withdrawal from Lebanon.Read the full story here.
- Donald Rumsfeld Stripped Of Immunity In Torture Case.(NeonTommy).Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld was stripped of immunity in a case involving the torture of two United States citizens.Two FBI informants, Donald Vance and Nathan Ertel, were detained and tortured by United States military personnel in Iraq in 2006. They filed suit against Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld for violations of their constitutional rights. The Judicial View states:
“Plaintiffs seek damages from Secretary Rumsfeld and others for their roles in creating and carrying out policies that caused plaintiffs’ alleged torture. Plaintiffs also bring a claim against the United States under the Administrative Procedure Act to recover personal property that was seized when they were detained.”
Rumsfeld and the United States government moved to dismiss the charges, and were denied. The plaintiffs relayed “in sufficient detail facts supporting Secretary Rumsfeld’s personal responsibility for the alleged torture.”
“Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld has been stripped of legal immunity for acts of torture against US citizens authorized while he was in office.”
Donald Vance and Nathan Ertel can continue their suit against Donald Rumsfeld.The torture of these two United States citizens took place among the wider context of the inhumane torture of Iraqi prisoners at Abu Ghraib, which Rumsfeld authorized.Removing Rumsfeld’s status of immunity sends a larger message that crimes against humanity committed against United States citizens will not be tolerated, no matter who the perpetrators. It is a step toward proclaiming that no such crimes will ever be tolerated, whether the victims are United States citizens or Iraqi citizens or anyone around the world. And it is a step toward proclaiming that no matter who authorized such inhumane, illegal actions, they will be held responsible.Read the full story here.
- Canada becomes first country to sign the Ottawa Protocol.(CIJA).Ottawa, September 19, 2011 — Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney and Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird today signed the Ottawa Protocol on Combating Antisemitism.The Protocol is an action plan developed during the second annual conference of the Inter-parliamentary Coalition for Combating Antisemitism (ICCA) which took place in Ottawa in November, 2010. Signing it demonstrates the Government of Canada’s support for it and a commitment to its goals.“The Government of Canada is a leader in the fight against anti-Semitism,” said Minister Kenney. “The Ottawa Protocol complements what Canada is already doing to combat hatred and discrimination, including anti-Semitism. We are a member of the Task Force for International Cooperation on Holocaust Education, Remembrance and Research. Here at home, we have launched programs to promote integration and social cohesion of Canadians from all backgrounds.”The Protocol will help nations to measure and articulate their progress in combating anti-Semitism. It calls for leaders of faith groups to combat hatred and discrimination, including anti-Semitism; governments to reaffirm and implement the United Nations’ 1948 Genocide Convention; the establishment of an international task force to identify and monitor hate on the Internet and the development of a comprehensive system to record all hate crimes, including anti-Semitic ones.“Signing the Ottawa Protocol signals our continued commitment to leading a coordinated global effort to fight anti-Semitism,” said Minister Baird. “Just as Canada is moving ahead to develop and build a National Holocaust Monument in the National Capital Region, we also plan to take our commitment to parliamentarians around the world and suggest that they join us in signing the Protocol.”The Ministers added that the Government of Canada’s commitment to combating anti-Semitism is why Canada will not participate in the events later this month to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the adoption of the Durban Declaration and Program of Action, sometimes called Durban III.“Our government has lost faith in the Durban process and will not take part in this event, which commemorates events that have promoted racism rather than combat it,” noted Minister Kenney.Hmmmm......OoooooH Canada Another reason to be proud Canadians !Read the full story here.
- Issa Says He Wants a Special Prosecutor to Probe 'Fast and Furious'.(CNS).Skeptical that Attorney General Eric Holder and other Obama administration officials did not know about the botched gun-walking operation carried out by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco Firearms and Explosives along the Southwest border, House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) wants to see a special prosecutor appointed to investigate the matter.“We’d like to have a true special prosecutor, particularly when it’s obvious if Eric Holder didn’t know, it’s because he didn’t want to know or because he wasn’t doing his job,” Issa said in a conference call with reporters on Tuesday. “That creates a clear pattern of we’d like to know who did know and why they didn’t brief the attorney general.”During May testimony to the House Judiciary Committee, Holder was asked when he first became aware of Operation Fast and Furious. He responded, “I’m not sure of the exact date, but I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks.”“People are picking their words very carefully. Certainly there are FBI individuals that knew what the director did not know,” Issa told CNSNews.com. “Certainly there are Homeland Security briefings in which there should have been more.“One of the problems was this is what was called an OCDETF operation, which means the FBI was an active part of it. Joint funding was used. So, if one were to say, did DEA know, did the FBI know, the answer is yes. Did the director know? I take him at his word – the answer is no,” Issa added.Still, Issa told CNSNews.com that the committee might want to ask Napolitano, Holder and others why they were not aware sooner.“So, one of our questions is, why wouldn’t you have known,” Issa said. “When was it appropriate for you to be briefed on this and who was keeping it from you? And that becomes the next opportunity with Secretary Napolitano or Eric Holder. One of our questions is: Where do you spend your days and why aren’t you briefed on something like this?”Issa said the Justice Department is unlikely to be aggressive in prosecuting the Justice Department.Read the full story here.
- Attorney General in Mexico: 200 Murders Result of Operation Fast and Furious.(TownHall).By Kathie Pavlich. At least. In a conference call this morning with Chairman of the House Oversight Committee Darrell Issa, reporters were told the Attorney General in Mexico has confirmed at least 200 murders south of the border happened as a result of Operation Fast and Furious.“I would be remiss if I didn’t mention, as the Attorney General in Mexico is so concerned, she’s made the point that at least 200 Mexicans have been killed with these weapons and probably countless more,” Issa said.Eleven crimes in the United States have been linked to Operation Fast and Furious up to this point. Issa said he expects as the investigation in the operation continues, more crimes connected to Fast and Furious will come to light and be exposed. This is not surprising, considering out of 2500 weapons the Obama Justice Department allowed to “walk,” and that only 600 have been recovered, the rest are lost until they show up at violent crime scenes. The damage from Operation Fast and Furious has only started to be seen. Remember, the Mexican Government and ATF agents working in Mexico were left completely in the dark about the operation.July 26, 2011. A new report released by Issa’s office shows ATF agents working in Mexico were left in the dark about the details of Operation Fast and Furious. The report shows that in late 2009, ATF officials in Mexico began to see increasing amounts of guns traced to the Phoenix ATF Field Division office showing up at violent crime scenes. Former ATF Attaché to Mexico Darren Gil and ATF Acting Attaché to Mexico Carlos Canino expressed their concerns to officials in the Phoenix Field Office and in Washington D.C. but were ignored. The report shows ATF and DOJ “failed to share crucial details of the of Operation Fast and Furious with either their own employees stationed in Mexico or representatives of the Government of Mexico.” Specifically, personnel in Arizona denied ATF agents working in Mexico information directly related to their jobs and everyday operations.Issa submitted a request to the White House for information surrounding the operation nearly two weeks ago and that request has not yet been filled. White House Officials have until the end of this week to submit documents requested before Issa takes the next step.When asked what the consequences would be for DOJ or ATF officials involved in the operation, Issa said prosecutions may come at the end of this scandal to those who knowingly trafficked weapons across the border and could be held accountable for the death of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.“This was dumb, it was useless and it was lethal,” Issa said.Hmmmm.......I could think of a few other names for it.Read the full story here.
- Obama’s Jobs Bill Ends State Sovereignty – Wake Up Governors!!(NewZeal).By: AJ for NoisyRoom.
Section 376 of Obama’s tax and spend “jobs” bill ends state sovereignty, turns our Republic into a dictatorship and destroys the foundation upon which our country was built. The fundamental transformation of America is almost complete.Read the bill. (Emphasis added)
“SEC. 376. FEDERAL AND STATE IMMUNITY.
(a) Abrogation of State Immunity- A State shall not be immune under the 11th Amendment to the Constitution from a suit brought in a Federal court of competent jurisdiction for a violation of this Act.
(b) Waiver of State Immunity-
(1) IN GENERAL-
(A) WAIVER- A State’s receipt or use of Federal financial assistance for any program or activity of a State shall constitute a waiver of sovereign immunity, under the 11th Amendment to the Constitution or otherwise, to a suit brought by an employee or applicant for employment of that program or activity under this Act for a remedy authorized under Section 375(c) of this Act.
(B) DEFINITION- In this paragraph, the term `program or activity’ has the meaning given the term in section 606 of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d-4a).”
Here is the link to 42 USC 2000d-4a which defines “program or activity”:
“For the purposes of this subchapter, the term “program or activity” and the term “program” mean all of the operations of—
(A) a department, agency, special purpose district, or other instrumentality of a State or of a local government; or
(B) the entity of such State or local government that distributes such assistance and each such department or agency (and each other State or local government entity) to which the assistance is extended, in the case of assistance to a State or local government;”
Also…“any part of which is extended Federal financial assistance.”
The above is stated as an extension of the actual citation of the general section itself.More from Section 376 (emphasis added):
“(2) EFFECTIVE DATE- With respect to a particular program or activity, paragraph (1) applies to conduct occurring on or after the day, after the date of enactment of this Act, on which a State first receives or uses Federal financial assistance for that program or activity.”
Wake up Governors!! Wake up America!! Tell Congress about Section 376 and why they must not pass this bill.
Obama’s tax and spend “jobs” bill is a stealth move to end state sovereignty and transform what made our nation the greatest country the world has ever known. If Obama’s bill passes, kiss freedom goodbye and say hello to tyranny.
The American Form of Government - Reference:
42 USC 2000d-4a which defines “program or activity”
Read the full story here.
EU Manual on Hate Speech: Hate Speech May Seem Rational or Normal.(KitmanTV).
"The identification of statements that could be classified as “hate speech” seems all the more difficult because this kind of speech does not necessarily manifest itself through expressions of “hatred” or emotions. “Hate speech” can be concealed in statements which at a first glance may seem to be rational or normal." p.5.
Abu mazen and Erdogan --classic Muslim diplomacy updated to the 21st Century.(ZionTruth).Everyone has heard of how Abu Mazen, head of the sinister Fatah party/terrorist group and now of the Palestinian Authority, an outgrowth of the illegitimate Oslo Accords, is appealing to the UN to recognize another Arab state to be called "palestine," whereas there are already too many Arab states cluttering the map as it is. In appealing for recognition of a state without Israel's agreement, having refused to negotiate with Israel for three years, Abu Mazen is violating the Oslo Accords signed by the PLO and Israel, as well as UN SC resolution, 242. The OsloII Accords had stipulated that neither side was to change the status of the territories in dispute by unilateral action. Yet that is what Abu Mazen [= Mahmoud Abbas] is trying to do.Likewise, Erdogan, Islamist prime minister of Turkey, is showing contempt for international law and even the UN. Erdogan has demanded an Israeli apology for killing nine Turkish jihadist thugs on the Mavi Marmara who had murderously attacked Israeli naval commandos boarding the ship while enforcing the rightful blockade of the Gaza Strip. Indeed, the UN Palmer Commission found that the blockade was right and proper and that the Turkish IHH jihadist terrorist group --to which the thugs belonged-- had received help and encouragement from its own govt. Erdogan disregards all that, demanding an Israeli apology for killing the thugs plus an end to the rightful blockade of Hamas-ruled Gaza, plus pecuniary compensation for the victims' [the jihadists'] families. After release of the Palmer Report, Erdogan threatened to send Turkish warships to escort "humanitarian aid" ships on the way to Gaza, this time threatening to break the blockade by direct military force.But Erdogan does not stop with Israel. He threatened Cyprus not to carry out explorations for oil and natural gas in its own exclusive maritime economic zone, justifying these threats by self-invented international law. Supposedly if Cyprus drilled for oil and gas, that would violate the rights [Note that term "rights" again used to justify threats of war!] of Turkish Cypriots in the Turkish occupation zone of northern Cyprus. So Turkey's dubiously legal occupation zone in northern Cyprus [covering about 35-40% of the island] becomes a pretext used to justify threats made on Cypriot drilling off the southern coast of the island!!But the best comes last!! Turkey is now threatening the EU --those wonderful, world-scale peacemongers-- that if they allow fellow EU member, Cyprus, to assume the rotating EU presidency for three months in its turn, then Turkey will freeze relations [or maybe break relations --it's not clear] with the EU. This was reported by Anatolian News, the Turkish state news agency. He also issued another condition: that peace negotiations over Cyprus must be concluded by July 2012, when Cyprus is supposed to rise to the presidency. Otherwise Erdogan will freeze relations [see Il Giornale qui]. What this implies is that negotiations must be concluded to Erdogan's satisfaction. He must be satisfied with the resulting agreement --or else!! We don't know whether or not the corrupt EU, caught up in its own Judeophobia, as well as in the cobweb of a Eurabia of its own making, will withstand this ultimatum.What we do see is how Erdogan's methods parallel Abu Mazen's. Abbas is the one who stopped negotiating with Israel. That occurred three years ago when the corrupt and pliable Olmert was prime minister. Yet Abu Mazen now blames Israel for the lack of negotiations, while he demands Israeli capitulation to his terms and conditions before negotiations even begin, whereas settlements, for instance, were supposed to be a final status issue left for final status negotiations, not for unilateral declaration of a state [which is indeed tantamount to a declaration of war]. Likewise, Erdogan basically demands that the EU force capitulation to his demands on the part of Cyprus, otherwise. . .Abu Mazen now has Britain, France, and the EU's foreign affairs commissioner, the veddy Bwitish Catherine Ashton [Baroness Ashton no less!!] urging Israel to accept a "compromise" not contained in previous agreements, and promising the PLO/PA other goodies if he plays the good boy at the UN and doesn't ask for more than they are ready to give him at this time [maybe in six months. . . ]. Just this morning, 20 September 2011, the international media announced that Abu Mazen was ready to negotiate at any time with Netanyahu, thus responding to Netanyahu's previous proposal to meet with Abu Mazen in New York around the UN session and start negotiating there. However, Saeb Erikat, Abbas' spokesman and designated chief of negotiations for the PLO/PA, made it clear that Israel would have to accept at least two pre-conditions before Mahmud Abbas would meet him, 1) immediately freeze all settlement activity; 2) accept the so-called "67 borders" [= 1949-1967 armistice lines] as borders. Of course, it was agreed by the PLO/PA on several occasions that these two issues would be left for negotiations.Note that the arbitrary, bullying style of Erdogan matches that of Mahmud Abbas who also violates signed agreements at will, makes extravagant demands for /observance of/adhesion to/ already concluded accords and/or chisels away at existing agreements in order to improve his position, and threatens war on suitable occasions, backs down if the prey/enemy becomes aroused, etc. [Erdogan backed down slightly on some of his threats]. This kind of behavior thus is not restricted to Turkey's Erdogan or to the PLO/PA's Abu Mazen. Rather it seems like a widespread pattern of Muslim diplomatic behavior. This is because many recent Arab and Muslim non-Arab leaders, like saddam hussein, Nasser, hafiz assad, arafat, erdogan, A-jad, Qadafi, Ibn Saud, share the notable traits of Rodomonte, an Arab character in the Italian epic poem, Orlando Furioso, and later in the opera Orlando Paladino [Haydn]. He is full of braggadoccio [often called after him, rodomontade], he makes threats [think of Saddam hussein's "the sea will run red with American blood," --the "mother of all battles,"], he obeys no law --so it seems--, is totally arrogant, lawless, unrestrained, contemptuous of others, etc. He is described as a hyperbolic character, his deeds and actions and undertakings are hyperbolic. Erdogan fits or wants to fit into that mold.
Rodomonte: figlio di Alieno e re di Sargel nell’Algeria. . . . Rodomonte possiede doti fisiche sovrumane, è un personaggio iperbolico, e iperbolici sono i suoi gesti, le sue azioni, le sue imprese.
Again, these tactics are not Erdogan's or Abu Mazen's. They are Standard Operating Procedure for Muslim strong men. They demand concessions before negotiations. They demand what they had agreed not to demand. They cry "injustice", "aggression" and threaten, they set loose a shower of lies of all sorts, lies about history --current, medieval & modern-- lies affirming atrocities, including the most bizarre [that Israel gave aphrodisiac substances to Arab young women & teen age girls, etc]. They have to be bribed to get them to do what they had already agreed to do. Abu Mazen uses these same tactics with his approach to the UN and the associated demands. He violates the Oslo accords, refuses to negotiate and accuses Israel of refusing to negotiate. And many MSM organs, such as CNN [by its kevin flowers] and France24 go along with this crap [by allowing Mustafa Barghouti offer his smorgasbord of lies]. But this is SOP. Negotiating with Muslims/especially Arabs is always an exasperating exercise.As the blogger J E Dyer points out, Erdogan's "objective is to make what Cyprus was going to do anyway -- and what is none of his business -- the subject of negotiation, because that gives Turkey an officially acknowledged veto. Think of it as leveraging himself into an imperial situation, by acquiring an ever-larger region over which he holds an acknowledged veto on one thing or another."This is a pattern of diplomacy that I've noticed on the part not only of Erdogan and Abu Mazen, but of Iran and Pakistan and Indonesia, all Muslim states, although Hitler used some of these methods in the 1930s, before WW2 began. He too threatened war but promised peace if only -- if only he were given suitable bribes in the form of territory -- The Saarland, Sudetenland, Danzig, Memel, etc.Hmmm....Hear,Hear.Read the full story here.
- Obama, Erdogan agree to increase pressure on Syria, seek Mideast common ground.(AlArabia).President Barack Obama and Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan sought common ground on counterterrorism and Middle East policy late Tuesday even as Washington pressed Ankara to ease tensions with close U.S. ally Israel. Both leaders stressed the need to “increase pressure” on the Syrian regime. Their talks on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly came as a showdown loomed this week over Palestinian statehood at the world body, another source of rising tensions in a region in political upheaval. Washington has watched with concern as NATO ally Turkey’s once-friendly ties with Israel have deteriorated rapidly over Israel’s 2010 killing of Turkish activists in a Gaza-bound aid convoy. The crisis has underscored Israel’s growing isolation and the new limits of U.S. influence in the Middle East. “The president underscored his interest in seeing a resolution of that issue between those two countries and encouraged continuing work toward that end,” White House adviser Liz Sherwood-Randall told reporters after the meeting, saying Obama also emphasized the need to calm tensions throughout the region. White House deputy national security adviser Ben Rhodes said Obama would make the same points to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu when he meets him on Wednesday.Obama and Erdogan, in their public comments to reporters, focused on deadly attacks in Turkey on Tuesday that they agreed underscored the need for cooperation on counterterrorism. “This reminds us that terrorism exists in many parts of the world, and Turkey and the United States are going to be strong partners in preventing terrorism,” Obama said. An explosion from a suspected car bomb ripped through a street in the Turkish capital, Ankara, near a neighborhood housing government buildings, killing three people. Also on Tuesday, Kurdish guerrillas attacked a police college in southeastern Turkey, killing four people in a passing vehicle, broadcaster CNN Turk reported on its website. Erdogan said the United States and Turkey needed to “work together in planning, use technology so that we can continue to take more steps in trying to fight against terrorism.” Turkey is in talks with the United States to provide a base for a fleet of U.S. Predator drones now stationed in Iraq. It is reported to want surveillance drones to carry out operations against Kurdish separatist rebels based in northern Iraq.Obama praised Erdogan for “great leadership” in promoting democracy in the region. But problems remain.Hmmmm...Treathening Israel , Cyprus and the European community......yup great leadership.Also a ''convenient" bomb explosion the moment you ask for predator drones?Obama and Erdogan the two predator executioners?Judge - Jury and Executioner.Read the full story here.
- HPG(People's Defense Forces): We have nothing to do with Ankara bomb.(Firat).HPG (People's Defense Forces) has released a statement today denying any involvement with the bomb planted yesterday in Ankara. The Kurdish guerrillas pointed out that those who tried to link the bomb with the PKK is doing so deliberately to discredit the organization. The HPG said in its statement that it has "nothing to do with the bomb in Ankara" and added that “Attempts to hold the PKK responsible for the attack aims to boost enmity against Kurds and to target Kurdish civilians.”Hmmmm.....Convenient an exploding bomb just when you ask the US for predator drones....isn't it?Read the full story here.
- It's A Bird (A Turkey Actually), It's A Plane, It's A Totally Wimpy Foreign Policy!(Docstalk)By Barry Ruben.Turkey’s Islamist regime subverted and then opposed sanctions against Iran. That regime also declared Iran and Syria, Hamas and Hizballah to be its friends. It also sponsored a terrorist group (the IHH) to provoke Israel into an international incident that would generate Islamist martyrs and dead Israeli soldiers. Now, rejecting Israeli conciliation attempts (regrets; donations to families of jihadists who got killed trying to kill Israelis), the Turkish regime escalated to the verge of war.Now the Turkish prime minister goes to Egypt, proposes an alliance with the Egyptian revolution, then advocates a united bloc of Arabs, Iranians, and Turks as well as war on Israel to the assembled Arab foreign ministers. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton tells the Islamist Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu, according to a U.S. diplomat,
“She encouraged Turkey to keep the door open” regarding Turkey’s relationship with Israel. “We want to see them repair their relationship, so she encouraged them to avoid any steps that would close that door and, on the contrary, to actively seek ways that they can repair (their) important relationship with Israel.”
That’s it? Let me put this into a fictionalized reenactment:
Davutoglu: “The evil Zionist aggressive and lawless forces must be taught a lesson by the Muslims even if it means going to war.”
Clinton: “Well, I hope you keep the door open to improving relations. And hope you like our making you co-chair of the counterterrorist group we set up that didn’t even include Israel!
And then we are told that President Obama is Israel’s best friend? But this isn’t serious foreign policy on any issue. Clinton should tell the Turkish regime that its policy toward Israel ald subversion of U.S. interests are unacceptable. Boy, would he be mad! But that’s the way you have to conduct a foreign policy. This is a concept the Obama Administration has never understood and never will.And that means more enemies, bolder enemies, frightened friends, and bigger crises. Let’s be perfectly clear here, it’s true that the handling of Turkey has been still one more example of how the Obama Administration’s campaign claiming that critiques of its policy toward Israel is based on lies and distortions. It isn’t. The administration did nothing over many months as Turkey turned with increasing openness and hostility against Israel. Nothing except to reward Turkey.Moreover, one of the most amazing things is that the administration doesn’t understand that if a crisis builds over many months and it does nothing to prevent or counter it, this does not prove the Obama Administration is guiltless. Egypt’s revolution, Syria’s upheaval, the rebellion in Iran, the Palestinian drive for unilateral independence, and the growing power of Islamists in Libya–an incomplete list–didn’t just happen, they were events for the United States to shape in a favorable manner to some extent. It failed in each case to do even the tiniest amount.And finally, this is not a case of any U.S. favor to Israel. Trying to rein in an increasingly anti-American, reckless, pro-Islamit government as it turns one of America’s most important allies into one of its most dangerous adversaries is a fundamental U.S. interest.Hmmmm....It's not 'foreignPolicy it's 'destroy Israel' policy.Read the full story here.
- Access to gay organizations’ sites barred in 'Islamic' Turkish Parliament.(HurriyetDaily).The Turkish Parliament’s administration has barred access to the official websites of gay organizations Kaos GL and LambdaIstanbul, requiring a written application from deputies who wish to enter the sites.“There are two sides to this scandal: First, it points to the lack of recognition in Turkey regarding the reality of homosexuality. Second, the inability to access the official website of a legal association established in the Turkish Republic from an institution that represents the national will,” said Ali Erol, coordinator for Kaos GL.When deputies in Parliament attempt to log in to the official websites of Kaos GL and LambdaIstanbul, they come across a number of warnings such as “limited access” and “homosexuality,” according to daily Akşam’s report, which was also verified by Hürriyet Daily News’ Ankara correspondents.Another statement on the same page read, “Fill out the appropriate form if you need [to enter the site] for your work,” when deputies tried to enter the websites www.kaosgl.com and www.lambdaIstanbul.com. The form requires applicants to fill in such information as their name, last name, registration numbers, position in Parliament, phone number and why they are requesting access to the sites.“The official website of our association is not on the black list of the Turkish Telecommunications Directorate [TİB]. The blocking of access in Parliament amounts to a discriminatory practice and censuring,” Erol said.“Our program for Internet security automatically filters sites that contain such banned words as ‘pornography,’ ‘gambling’ and ‘homosexuality.’ There are no bans or censuring. Any willing deputy can enter these sites by filling out the form,” an official from the Parliament’s Office of the Secretary-General said.Hmmmmm......"Creeping Sharia".Or ....What is Islam's position on homosexuality?Read the full story here.
- Turkey wants Predator-type drones as a gift and not just the reconnaissance ones but also those that can fire missiles.(HurriyetDaily).By the time you read these lines, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and U.S. President Barack Obama will have met. Because of the time difference, I was not able to get to hear more about the content. But I was able to learn the inside story of the talks through Turkish and American diplomats walking the corridors with thick files in their hands.Turkey wants Predator-type drones, and not just the reconnaissance ones but also those that can fire missiles, to fight the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party, or PKK.Another wish is that these be donated by the United States.The U.S., though, is abstaining from giving an answer.For such a transaction, a congressional decision is needed. But in these “circumstances,” that is, the tension with Israel, many are pointing to the impossibility that Congress would allow such a sale or grant. Also, they cannot talk in definite terms for the non-missile types either. They don’t want to commit themselves. Moreover, if they are not in the form of sales but as grants, they are even more indecisive.One of the most important items in the Erdoğan-Obama meeting was going to be this.For those issues that Obama was going to bring up, it was going to be the dispute with Israel and Syria.What happened as a result? How were the results?Hmmmm.....perhaps the 'Fast and furious' can come up with a few?Read the full story here.
- Take your secret Saudi threats and shove ’em.(TorontoSun).By Ezra Levant.Saudi Arabia has hired lawyers to threaten Canadian broadcasters who dare to run a TV ad critical of Saudi conflict oil..Alykhan Velshi is an Ismaili Muslim, in the noble modernist tradition of A.A. Fyzee, who graduated with a law degree from The London School of Economics. In July, 2005 he wrote these frank words published at NRO: The war on terror is not simply against terror-sponsoring states, but against the institutions of civil society that give terrorists quiet support, that inflame local Muslim populations, and that prevent the emergence of a moderate, peaceful form of Islam. The war on terror can never be won unless Muslims who have the privilege of living in the West stand up for civilization against the forces of barbarism and nihilism. I wish I could say otherwise, but I won’t be holding my breath.
The intrepid Velshi is now challenging Saudi Arabia’s oil revenue funded Islamic religious bigotry—with an emphasis on the Kingdom’s particularly oppressive misogyny—via an advertising campaign (and website) promoting the idea’s put forth in Ezra Levant’s 2010 book Ethical Oil: The Case for Canada’s Oil Sands.
Now the incensed Saudi oil ticks are counter-attacking with a legal jihad aimed at quashing this advertising campaign. Velshi, as reported by the Toronto Sun, condemned this legal and ethical challenge by the Saudis and their minions:
We caught this foreign dictatorship trying to undermine freedom of the press here in Canada and trying to export its own contempt for democracy, its own contempt for freedom of the press here in Canada.Watch the “Ethical Oil” advertisement to which the Saudi oil ticks took such umbrage here.
The advertisement is an invaluable, Western freedom-based tool that must be part of our broader armamentarium—i.e., continued development of Canadian tar sands, and US shale oil and gas—for therapeutic Saudi oil tick removal!Source: here.More here.
- OnStar Begins Spying On Customers’ GPS Location for Profit.(Cryptogon).Via: Jonathan Zdziarski: I canceled the OnStar subscription on my new GMC vehicle today after receiving an email from the company about their new terms and conditions. While most people, I imagine, would hit the delete button when receiving something as exciting as new terms and conditions, being the nerd sort, I decided to have a personal drooling session and read it instead. I’m glad I did. OnStar’s latest T and C has some very unsettling updates to it, which include the ability to sell your personal GPS location information, speed, safety belt usage, and other information to third parties, including law enforcement. To add insult to a slap in the face, the company insists they will continue collecting and selling this personal information even after you cancel your service, unless you specifically shut down the data connection to the vehicle after canceling.
......Anonymized GPS data? There’s no such thing! We’ve all seen this before – anonymized searches, for example, that were not-so-quite anonymized. But in this case, it’s impossible to anonymize GPS data! If your vehicle is consistently parked at your home, driving down your driveway, or taking a left or right turn onto your street, its pretty obvious that this is where you live! It’s like trying to say that someone’s Google Map lookup from their home is “anonymized” because it doesn’t have their name on it. It still shows where they live! What’s unique even more-so to OnStar is that the data they claim they sell as part of their business model is useless unless it’s specific; that is, not diluted to the nearest 10 mile radius, etc. This combination of analytics, and their prospective customers (law enforcement, marketers, etc) requires the data be disturbingly precise. Anyone armed with Google can easily do a phone book or public records search to find the name and address that resides at any given GPS coordinate.Hmmm......"Fasten your seatbelts ....Big Brother incoming?"Read the full story here.