Sunday, September 4, 2011
Hezbollah’s leader Hassan Nasrallah's support for Bashar Al-Assad outraged many across the Arab and the Muslim world. A young Syrian girl created YouTube video slamming Nasrallah's double standards for supporting protests in Bahrain while backing brutal Syrian regime.
The video presenter also questioned Nasarallah's morality and conscience for ignoring atrocities by Hezbollah’s allies in Damascus and the Syrian people revolt against the regime. The clip, which shows the Syrian activist wearing mask for fear of retaliation by Syrian regime, was viewed by more than 170 thousands visitors of the internet video sharing website, and widely shared on facebook in Egypt.
Comments condemned Al-Assad and his supporters, along with Iran’s leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, for their latest speeches in support of Syrian regime.
“Nasrallah and Ahamdinejad have shown their true faces, and they have lost the support they once enjoyed in Egypt" said one of the comments on the video.
In the video, part of an online series called "Even a Goat can Fly," a masked woman is seen standing with the slogan "Free Syria" displayed behind her. She is presented as someone who was "deployed in Syria by external enemies," as she begins to poke fun at the Hezbollah leader.
"Since the beginning of the Syrian upheaval, the position of the honorable Hezbollah Secretary-General Hassan Nasrallah has been clear: He is against the Syrian revolution," the presenter says. "He supported the Egyptian upheaval, the Libyan upheaval, Tunisia, Yemen and of course – the upheaval in Bahrain (where the Shiite majority revolted against the Sunni regime – writer's note), but here he was against it. Why? Why, you "Sheikh of resistance?"
In the video, parts of Nasrallah's speeches are presented in which he explained why he backs the Syrian regime on the one hand, but also supported the protesters in Bahrain.
"From all of the 'ring countries' (countries surrounding Israel) there is only one regime that supports the opposition – and that's the Syrian regime," says Nasrallah in the clip.
"Yes, this is the same 'opposition' that reported the fall of Quneitra nearly 72 hours before a Zionist soldier entered it. This is the same opposition which sent our youth to the Golan Heights without weapons while his (Assad's) weapons were put to use in Daraa," remarked the presenter.
Nasrallah continues to show support for the Bahrain rallies. "People were participating in non-violent protests. Hundreds were killed and injured. Hundreds were arrested," he said in another speech.
"Wow, you've seen hundreds being killed in Bahrain, but no one killed in Syria? We've reached 2,000 already," mocked the presenter. "Mr. Hassan Nasrallah, the blood of the deprived is dear to us, whether they are Sunni or Shiites."
In the video, the Hezbollah leader asks: "Where are the Syrian people?" and the presenter answers: "You know what? Take a plane and come to Halab. From there continue to the city of Halab (Aleppo)… There you'll find a minority of 500,000 people. If you want to, continue to Homs, Daraa, and Jisr ash-Shugur. If you're lost – follow the blood trail."
"The protesters don't use guns, pistols and not even a knife. They didn't conquer cities or villages. This is one grave injustice," Nasrallah speaks of Bahrain demonstrators in another clip.
In response, the masked presenter replays: "Here Syrian protesters go out to rallies with swords. There are a million tanks near the first line of protesters, oh - excuse me - vehicles modified to work with helicopters… While security forces throw roses at them."
"Because you love him so much, take Bashar Assad, his family, Rami Makhlouf (Assad's billionaire first cousin), the regime bullies and the people's council – take them all as a present from the Syrian people. But one important note: All goods leaving Syria cannot return," the presenter states.
The video satirically gives credit to "the United States, some radical emirates, the Muslim Brotherhood, (Saudi prince) Bandar bin Sultan, the evil ones in Lebanon, Israel and al-Qaeda" for sponsoring the film.Source.
Retired Egyptian General Abd Al-Hamid Umran Calls for an Egyptian Nuclear Program: We Should Follow the Iranian Model and Deceive the International Community
Abd Al-Hamid Umran: 20% is only the first stage, because a nuclear weapon requires…
Interviewer: The international inspectors will be oblivious to all this? Will this ploy work on the international inspectors?
Abd Al-Hamid Umran: You should look at the details. When the inspectors go to Iran, they stand in front of the centrifuge cascades, behind a chain barrier that the Iranians placed there. The Iranians say to them: "This is the output of that cascade." When the inspectors say that they want to go in and see the actual connections, the Iranians don't let them.Source.
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Russia 5.4 ! More info here.
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- Hurricane Katia : Latest Updates here.
- Russia's NATO Ambassador to Update Iran on Deployment of Missile Shield in Turkey.(Memri).Russia's ambassador to NATO, Dmitry Rogozin, said he will visit Iran soon to discuss NATO's plan to install an anti-missile defense system in Turkey. Rogozin added that, in return for information on this deal, which is near completion, NATO expects Iran to provide clarifications on its own missile development program.Hmmmm.....What are 'friends' for?Read the full story here.
- Obama blaming the GOP led house for the economy is absurd: they've been in power for only 9 months!(DailyCaller).The short long time: From a fundraising email sent out under Obama’s name on Wednedsay: It’s been a long time since Congress was focused on what the American people need them to be focused on …
“A long time .” Hmm. Republicans have controlled the House for all of 8 months. If the Democrats who ran both houses of Congress and the White House before then didn’t focus on “what the American people need them to be focused on,” whose fault is that? Is Obama running against Nancy Pelosi too? … P.S.: In this situation, do voters want a candidate who is “frustrated” with the rest of the world?Read the full story here.
- This ain't gonna go away!Why the Special Treatment: Is there a Solyndra/ObamaCare Connection?(Biggovernment). The LA Times editorialized: “Solyndra was the first company to be awarded a federal loan guarantee under the stimulus, worth $535 million. Taxpayers are likely to end up on the hook for much if not all of that amount, a highly embarrassing development for President Obama because he was among the company’s biggest cheerleaders. He visited its Fremont plant in May 2010 even though PricewaterhouseCoopers had weeks earlier raised doubts about its plans for an initial public offering by questioning whether it could continue as a going concern. …”
Also, “Other flags have been raised about how the Energy Department pushed the deal forward. The Center for Public Integrity’s iWatch News and ABC disclosed that Energy Department officials announced the support for Solyndra even before final marketing and legal reviews were in. To government auditors, that move raised questions about just how fully the department vetted the deal — and assessed its risk to taxpayers — before signing off.”Given the obvious rat-hole nature of the lost half-billion, LAT piquantly inquired, “is Obama using stimulus funds to reward his political contributors?” By all means, follow the odor of the ties between major Solyndra backer, key Obama fundraiser George Kaiser of Tulsa.But there is another question about what political deal may have been involved in the Solyndra boondoggle.Solyndra resides in Fremont, California, which in turn rests within the then-cozy confines of California’s 13th Congressional District, represented by Fortney “Pete” Stark. As chairman of the tax-writing Ways and Means Committee’s Health Subcommittee during Obama’s push for Obamacare, Stark was critical to Obama’s signature step in ‘fundamentally transforming America.’You might recall a few procedural curiosities, some strong-arming and vote-buying that went on way back then. So possibly this is relevant.The search for rationales is intensified given the questions about Solyndra’s sweetheart status, which begin with a point made to me by gentlemen with decades of experience inside energy policymaking: Solyndra’s was the only loan to be handled exclusively by the DoE, absent OMB oversight. Also, it was issued about a year before the second stimulus loan guarantee which is actually from what almost all commitments were made, a year later.Also, for almost all other loans the stimulus paid for the value of the risk of default that participants (via the infamous loan-guarantee program, originally intended for nuclear plants but thanks to Porkulus is now being used for manufacturers of non-innovative solar technologies). Not Solyndra:
Although the government typically guarantees loans made to a company by a commercial bank, that was not the case for Solyndra. Solyndra borrowed the money from the Federal Financing Bank, part of the Treasury Department, so in effect, the government was lending the money to the company directly. The Energy Department gave Solyndra a conditional guarantee for $535 million, in multiple stages, contingent on reaching a variety of milestones, and to date, it had received $527 million.The stimulus loan-guarantee was guaranteeing a loan from the Treasury. Ah.Which initiated free of OMB scrutiny. In addition to being otherwise inexplicable as well as unique, Solyndra’s facility happens to reside in the district of a congressman whose enthusiastic assistance Obama desperately needed for his principal vehicle of social engineering.
That there is no explaining the special treatment Solyndra appears to have received, in apparent ignorance of protocol and procedure is surely one reason House republicans continued to press for documents being refused by the Obama White House for which transparency is a great talking point, to be eschewed in reality at all costs.
Today, on behalf of the Competitive Enterprise Institute, I am sending a request to the Department of Energy under the Freedom of Information Act reading, in pertinent part:
Please provide us within twenty (20) working days copies of any and all record(s), defined here as correspondence and any memoranda, analysis, other communications cited therein or attached, which were created, received and/or held by DoE’s Office of Congressional & Intergovernmental Affairs, or Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, which were sent to or from any of the following:
1) the office(s) of Congressman Fortney “Pete” Stark;
2) the company Solyndra;
3) [enumerated individuals and entities identified in public records as being paid representatives of and advocates for Solyndra before the federal government.Stay tuned for how the most transparent administration in history handles this.Read the full story here.
- U.S. Debt Held by Public Tops $10T for 1st Time—Up 59 Percent Under Obama.(CNSNews).At the close of business on Aug. 31–for the first time in the history of the country–the publicly held debt of the federal government topped $10 trillion, according to data released by the U.S. Treasury Department at 4:00 p.m. yesterday.During Obama’s presidency, debt held by the public has now increased by $3.71694 trillion–or almost 59 percent from the $6.3073 trillion in debt held by the public that the government owed to its creditors on Jan. 20, 2009, when Obama was inaugurated.Also, according to the most recent reports available from the Treasury and the Federal Reserve, approximately $6.1 trillion of that debt—or about 61 percent of it—is owned by foreign interests (led by the Chinese and the Japanese) and by the Federal Reserve.At the close of business on Aug. 30, as reported by the Treasury Department’s Bureau of the Public Debt, the federal government’s debt held by the public equaled $9,990,126,772,846.86. By the close of business on Aug. 31, it was $10,024,253,354,407.07.Hmmmm......"CHANGE" !Read the full story here.
- The Obama
RegimeAdministration alarming contempt for Congress and the rule of law and the U.S. Consttution.(Judicialwatch).Uncle Omar Obama’s Wild Ride whose blood alcohol content was nearly twice the legal limit, is the brother of Obama’s infamous “Auntie Zeituni,” who was previously “discovered” living illegally in the Boston area. She was granted asylum despite having disobeyed a 2004 deportation order.The federal officials, who spoke about Obama's immigration status on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to speak about the case, said Obama had been told to leave in 1992, but he did not go.If that were not enough to get your blood boiling, JW now has even more evidence of the Obama administration’s contempt for the law and the U.S. Constitution. While Uncle Omar was busy endangering the public, our investigators were sifting through 2,600 pages of documents we uncovered from the Obama Department of Justice (DOJ) as a result of two Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuits. And look at what we found: The records detail an orchestrated campaign by the Obama administration to suspend deportation proceedings against “one of the DREAM [Act] kids” and other illegal aliens, even though Congress had not passed the legislation!The DREAM Act would have permitted certain immigrant students who have grown up in the U.S. to apply for temporary legal status, eventually obtain permanent legal status, and become eligible for U.S. citizenship if they go to college or serve in the U.S. military. It could initially provide amnesty for over one million illegal immigrants and would have cost over $6 billion a year. Despite repeated attempts by liberal members of Congress and the Obama administration to push this legislation through, the DREAM Act has failed to garner enough votes.But that didn’t stop the Obama administration from bulldozing forward anyway, creating and implementing law, all on the administration’s unconstitutional own initiative. The details:
In an April 20, 2010, email from Melissa Crow, former DHS Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary for Policy in the Office of Immigration and Border Security, to Roxana Bacon, Chief Counsel for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Crow states: “Since we met, I’ve done my best to encourage ICE to grant deferred action in the DREAM Act cases…brought to my attention.”
An email chain about “one of the DREAM [Act] kids” who was being detained by authorities suggests confusion at DHS regarding how to handle requests for “deferred action” from illegal alien students. In the email chain, ICE (U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement) Chief of Staff Suzanne Barr writes to DHS Deputy Press Secretary Matthew Chandler, “we r f’ed up,” to which Chandler responds, “Yep. And we wonder why pp’l FOIA us.” The student was granted a stay of removal for six months.
In response to a USA Today inquiry into whether aliens are required to carry identification, DHS General Counsel John R. Sandweg writes, “Ugh. Yes. Fed law does require aliens to carry their paperwork. I don’t know if it is a criminal offense, but this provision has gone relatively unnoticed by media and [redacted].…I think some groups of aliens are exempted from this requirement as they don’t really have paperwork (folks who were issued deferred action). Either way, it is not routinely enforced.”
In a memo from Mariela Melero, Chief of the Office of Public Engagement of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to USCIS Director Alejandro Mayorkas, entitled “Stakeholder Input of Administrative Reforms,” Melero sets forth suggested reforms “outside of Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” which includes the opinion that the director – unless otherwise required by law – has the authority to judge if the evidence presented for deferred action is “probably true.” Another reform would allow a 501(c)(3) organization [such as Project Vote/ACORN, perhaps!] in “good standing…to design and implement voter registration programs at USCIS offices across the country.”
The Obama administration’s decision to suspend the deportations of most illegal aliens has been subject to intense scrutiny since 2010, when the press uncovered a United States Customs and Immigration Service (USCIS) memo that contemplated various “administrative alternatives” to bypass Congress and implement stealth amnesty for illegal aliens.
A subsequent Houston Chronicle story exposed an effort by the administration to suspend the deportations of illegal aliens who supposedly have not been convicted of any “serious” crimes. Documents uncovered by Judicial Watch show that DHS officials misled Congress and the public about the scope of the immigration enforcement policy change, which gave wide latitude to local immigration officials to dismiss illegal alien deportation cases.And then came the Obama administration’s public announcement that, indeed, illegal aliens of “low priority” will no longer be deported. The administration denied that this was a blanket or categorical amnesty, but these new documents show otherwise.The documents show that the Obama administration is obviously lying about its stealth amnesty activities and indicate an alarming contempt for Congress and the rule of law. Frankly, these documents show that Obama immigration officials don’t even know what the law is!The Obama administration cannot simply pick and choose which federal immigration laws it will enforce. In its zeal to curry favor with the illegal alien lobby and secure Hispanic votes for a second term, the Obama administration is exercising raw executive power to change the law by granting illegal aliens amnesty in a way that strikes at the heart of our constitutional system and the rule of law. This is a festering constitutional crisis on which we will keep you updated.Hmmmmm.....Can they please Impeach him NOW?Read the full story here.
- Steve Forbes Rips Obamanomics as ‘Definition of Insanity’.(NewsMax).Former presidential candidate and Forbes magazine editor Steve Forbes tells Newsmax that President Obama’s planned economic reforms are “the definition of insanity” - repeating failed policies in the hopes that somehow they will become successful.In a wide-ranging exclusive interview, Forbes also declares that Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke should have resigned a long time ago, says Obama will be a one-term president, and looks for significant and positive reforms in Washington after the 2012 elections.He also predicts the United States will make an “astonishing” move and return to a gold standard in the next five years, and says he’s “very impressed” with Gov. Rick Perry and is leaning toward supporting him for the GOP presidential nomination.Forbes is also CEO and president of Forbes Inc. He ran unsuccessfully for the Republic presidential nomination in 1996 and again in 2000.He told Newsmax his view of the Federal Reserve in San Francisco’s recent predication of a bear market through 2020 and depressed equity values until 2030.“It’s what you would call rear-view mirror investing - taking the recent past and extrapolating it into the future,” Forbes says.“The ancestors of the San Francisco Fed probably did the same thing in 1980 when you could have painted an equally bleak picture of the U.S. economy.“The U.S. economic reforms are starting to be made. Because we have a divided government in Washington you can’t make as much progress as we’d like. But I think after the 2012 elections there’ll be significant reforms, just as we saw in the early 1980s.“I think what you’re seeing in some of the states - such as New Jersey where even with a divided government the Democratic legislature approved a budget that was less than the year before - the country realizes it cannot continue on its current course.”President Obama’s approval ratings have been hitting new lows, but he insists he inherited a mess from the Bush administration. Forbes isn’t buying that.“Every president inherits what went on before, but I don’t remember Abraham Lincoln whining that James Buchanan left him a great big mess when he took office in March of 1861,” he says.“You’re supposed to deal with it. You voluntarily took on the job.“And I think the evidence is very clear that the president’s policies have made the situation worse, not better. The blowout in spending - where does the money come from? It comes from taxpayers one way or another. Obamacare - he passed that. Dodd-Frank - he pushed that. The weakening of the dollar - it started under the previous administration, but he’s made it much worse.“So whether it’s the dollar, spending, refusing to do serious things in reforming the tax code or entitlements, that ball is very much in his court.”Obama is poised to release a jobs plan that is expected to include proposals for extending the payroll tax cut and jobless benefits, spending money for new construction projects, and offering incentives to hire new workers.Forbes offers his take on the plan: “What you see here is the definition of insanity - something does not work, you keep trying it and hoping that somehow it will work. Doing more government spending, doing more stimulus under another name, is not going to help getting this economy back on track again because again the government is in the driver’s seat.“Extending unemployment benefits does not stimulate the economy. A payroll tax cut, because it’s temporary, does not encourage real spending or investment and the creation of new resources. Bottom line: more of the same. He doesn’t get it, which is why he’ll be a one-term president.”Asked how Obama can jumpstart the economy, Forbes responds: “The president has to be serious about negotiating. He says he wants to deal, but it’s always on his terms.“In terms of what he can do right away to help the economy, he could stop trashing the U.S. dollar and make the dollar as good as gold. That would go a long way toward attracting foreign capital, which is now leaving this country. He can stop the binge spending. There are a lot of things he can do but I don’t think he’s going to do them.”Forbes is highly critical of Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, who has said any rise inflation is transitory.“Well, life is transitory,” Forbes observes. “What he’s doing in terms of manipulating the interest rate market is simply another form of price controls. That doesn’t work for very long. What he’s done with interest rate policy is subsidize government debt and discourage lending to small businesses. It’s distorted the market. He’s doing more harm than good. I wish he’d gone to Martha’s Vineyard with the president and stayed there.“If Ben Bernanke was judged on how well he’s done his job, he would have resigned a long time ago. But in Washington, [be] a failure and you move upward.”The Congressional Budget Office warns that the dollar will weaken over the next decade and possibly lose its status as the world’s reserve currency.“If you continue to trash your currency and make it very plain you want it to weaken, as both our Treasury Department and Ben Bernanke are doing, yes, it will continue to lose value and the U.S. economy will remain relatively stagnant,” Forbes states.“But I think in 2013 you’re going to see a new regime in Washington, and you’re also going to see in the next five years something that sounds astonishing today, and that is for the first time since the 1970s the dollar will be relinked to gold.“We will return to a gold standard. It will be a modernized version of it, but in essence it will be the basic principle that the dollar will remain constant with gold.”Asked who Forbes is likely to endorse, he says: “I’m looking over the whole field now. I’m very impressed with Governor Perry, so that’s where the wind’s blowing in my little world. I’ll be making a decision soon.“Maybe one or two other candidates might come in during the next couple of weeks, but I’ve certainly been impressed by what Governor Perry did. Perhaps he gets over-exuberant in what he says about the Federal Reserve, but he is right. The Fed has a lot to answer for.”Read the full story here.
- The Obama Depression: One third of Alabama's population went on foodstamps in one Month.More than a Million New Food Stamp Users in One Month.(Uncoverage).How can there be any talk of a “recovery” when more than one million “new” people were so desperate they needed to get government food stamps? How desperate must the 45.7 million Americans on food stamps be if $166 per person or $283.65 per family is really going to help?A tiny little paragraph about this report was buried today on page A13 of the New York Times.Why aren’t economists and pundits and the Beltway crowd talking about this disgraceful statistic? This says EVERYTHING about America’s economy, and it is very frightening.But wait, there’s more. Digging into the numbers reveals something pecuiliar: virtually the entire surge in monthly SNAP participation is due to one state alone: Alabama, which saw those living on foodstamps jump from 868K to 1.762MM. That’s 36% of Alabama’s population. Is this merely a grand rehearsal for the Jefferson County bankruptcy? Did the state see a mass surge in foodstamp use as hundreds of thousands are trying to game the system in advance of what will be an apic Chapter 9? And if yes, what does that mean for all the other states which will promptly follow in the footsteps of Jefferson County, and for US foodstamp participation?Read and see the full story here.
- NY Times: America Should Embrace Sharia Law.(NYT) — MORE than a dozen American states are considering outlawing aspects of Shariah law. Some of these efforts would curtail Muslims from settling disputes over dietary laws and marriage through religious arbitration, while others would go even further in stigmatizing Islamic life: a bill recently passed by the Tennessee General Assembly equates Shariah with a set of rules that promote “the destruction of the national existence of the United States.”Supporters of these bills contend that such measures are needed to protect the country against homegrown terrorism and safeguard its Judeo-Christian values. The Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich has said that “Shariah is a mortal threat to the survival of freedom in the United States and in the world as we know it.”This is exactly wrong. The crusade against Shariah undermines American democracy, ignores our country’s successful history of religious tolerance and assimilation, and creates a dangerous divide between America and its fastest-growing religious minority.The suggestion that Shariah threatens American security is disturbingly reminiscent of the accusation, in 19th-century Europe, that Jewish religious law was seditious. In 1807, Napoleon convened an assembly of rabbinic authorities to address the question of whether Jewish law prevented Jews from being loyal citizens of the republic. (They said that it did not.)Hmmmm......On the other hand Jews are no Muslims.Their Holy Books tell a different story.For example"Whosoever saves a single life, saves an entire universe" - (Mishnah, Sanhedrin 4:5). Read the full story here.
- 'Muslims live in fear in America' - DC Imam Tells Iranian TV: 9/11 Was a Plot Against Muslims.(PressTV).Reports say the New York Police Department (NYPD) and the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) have singled out Muslim communities for surveillance after 9/11 attacks.The report said multilingual undercover NYPD police officers known as the ‘rakers’ would secretly monitor the Muslims living in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. They would detect the places where Muslims socialize, pray and eat.According to the report, the architect of the program, called the Demographics Unit, was a veteran CIA officer who also oversees the operations.
Press TV interviewed Abdul Alim Musa, Imam of Masjid al-Islam in Washington, to discuss the issue.
Press TV: It seems there is a very carefully orchestrated campaign against Muslims in America. The NYPD insisted that there is not special unit to spy on Muslims in collaboration with the CIA, which is prohibited from spying inside the US. Why should they single out Muslim communities for surveillance and infiltration? What do you think is behind this campaign?
Musa: In the name of God. This infiltration and spying on Muslims go back several decades but as far as African Americans are concerned, there has been a series of activities for over a hundred years. The first job of the FBI was to spy on Marcus Garvey from 1917 to 1922.This is not new to us, this is part of historical fact of America. But now that there is a global war on Islam, and there has been a global war on Islam; therefore, it would be automatic for the FBI, the CIA all the security administrations, Homeland Security, to not only spy on mosques, not only infiltrate mosques, but also to turn Imams, the prayer leaders, into informers for the government.The Muslims of America actually live in a state of fear; fear of privacy in their own homes, fear of going to businesses, fear of even going to prayer or Eid celebrations. The Muslims feel very oppressed and spied on here in America.Let me give you an example for Washington DC. It is not only New York, it is not only Ervine in California, it is not only in San Francisco and Auckland, it is right here in Washington DC. There was a memo last year that was given to us which said that the police department itself would monitor the Muslims especially during Ramadan. Now suppose that government monitored Christians during Easter and during Christmas celebration. Suppose that the government spied on Jews during Rosh Hashanah or during Yom Kippur.This is a gross violation of the rights of the Muslims and we believe there is a contrived effort by the government to spread an air of suspicion and distrust amongst the Muslims about each other.
Press TV: You said in your remarks that there is a campaign against Islam as a whole and Islam worldwide. The question would be who would benefit from bashing Muslims and portraying them, in the case of America, as un-American and as a threat to the security of the country?
Musa: If you go to the root of it, if you investigate 9/11, when investigate the Pentagon, when you investigate most of these cases, building 7 falling down, a forty seven-story building, you would see that someone else besides Muslims had to do these catastrophic events, but that is a pretext for spying on the Muslims. Who would benefit? The first one would be the Zionist Israelis. The Zionist Israelis seem to be Mossad, seems to be at the very root and bottom of this. Then it springs out into Homeland Security, CIA and FBI. If you go to the root of it, the ones that feel most threatened by an Islamic revival are the Zionists, the occupiers of Palestine. Then that is associated with the US government where it feels that any progress that we make is a threat to their stability.Hmmmmm......"The Juuuuice did it !"Read and see the full story here.
- Former German Chancellor Calls for United States of Europe With Turkey as Member.(Spiegel).Former German Chancellor Gerhard Schröder has called for a United States of Europe to be created with Turkey as a full member and Russia as an associate member. We should "not dither any longer, but get serious with the European core," he said, pointing to the international competition of different world region: otherwise Europe and its nation states will "sink into insignificance" between Asia under Chinese leadership and a re-strengthened America. Schröder supports the goal of a United States of Europe that Ursula von der Leyen[a German politician] had brought up. "The Europe I imagine is more strongly integrated, supplemented with the membership of Turkey and an association with Russia."Since leaving political office, Schröder has been involved in energy and pipeline projects that involve Russia and Turkey. He also calls for a joint European finance minister: "National sovereignty must be relinquished", referring to parliamentary budget rights."What the national parliaments give up must go to the European parliament as the highest authority." In addition, he imagines that a "special committee" of the EU parliament could be formed, "consisting of the members of the Euro zone and taking over this monitoring function". "Great Britain creates the biggest problems." The country is not in the euro, "but the British still want to have a say in the design of the business area." That doesn't go together. Read the full story here.(GoogleTranslate).
- Iran plugs first nuclear power plant into electricity grid.(AlArabiya).Iran’s first nuclear power plant has finally begun to provide electricity to the national grid, official media reported on Sunday, a long-delayed milestone in the nuclear ambitions of a country the West fears is covertly try to develop atomic bombs.“The Atomic Energy Agency announced that atomic electricity from Bushehr power plant joined the national grid with a power of around 60 megawatts on Saturday at 23:29 (1859 GMT),” the official news agency IRNA reported.The start-up will come as a relief to Tehran after many years of delays and false starts at the plant it hopes will show the world it has joined the nuclear club despite sanctions imposed in an attempt to curb its disputed nuclear progress.The $1-billion, 1,000-megawatt Bushehr plant will be formally inaugurated on Sept. 12, by which time it will be operating at 40 percent capacity, Hamid-Khadem Qaemi, spokesman for the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI), told the state-controlled Arabic language TV station al-Alam.The AEOI was not immediately available to comment.The plant on the Gulf coast is the first of what Iran says will become a network of nuclear facilities that will reduce its reliance on its abundant fossil fuels and is a showpiece of what it says is a purely peaceful atomic program.Bushehr’s start-up comes with Russia pushing to revive talks between global powers and Iran about its separate uranium enrichment work, seen abroad as a potential proliferation threat since highly refined uranium fuels atomic bombs.Iran says it is enriching uranium only to lower levels suitable for power plant fuel or medical and agricultural uses.But it has also started shifting its most sensitive enrichment operations to a mountain bunker that would be better protected against a possible pre-emptive US or Israeli military strike.Read the full story here.
- Turkey to sign strategic alliance with Egypt.(Ynet).Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan is slated to visit Egypt and Gaza soon to sign strategic cooperation agreements with Cairo, just days after the leaking of the Palmer Report which led to a new low in Israel-Turkey relations. Egyptian newspaper al-Youm al-Sabe'a quoted Turkish diplomats as saying that Erdogan will arrive in Cairo next week. During the visit he is slated to meet Higher Military Council chief General Hussein Tantawi, Egyptian Prime Minister Essam Sharaf and other Egyptian officials. According to the report, Erdogan will be accompanied by Turkey's foreign minister, trade and industry minister and a number of businessmen. The purpose of the visit will be to sign strategic cooperation agreements in the military, diplomatic and commercial fields.The Turkish press also reported of contacts between Ankara and Cairo surrounding Erdogan's visit in Gaza which it declared as part of a campaign of threats against Israel. The Gaza visit, which is scheduled to take place on September 12-13, may be postponed, however. The Turkish prime minister is set to reach the Strip via the Rafah crossing, pending Egyptian approval.Meanwhile, Turkey's Haber Turk newspaper printed a telephone interview with Gaby Levy, the recently expelled Israeli ambassador to Ankara. Levy declared there was "no chance" he will return to Turkey following the decision, unless he enters the country as a tourist. He said he was very concerned at the recent diplomatic crisis and expressed hope the two nations will work to restore relations. Levy noted that the friendship between Israel and Turkey was "sacred." An Egyptian foreign ministry official said that Turkey's decision to expel the ambassador will not propel Egypt to do the same with the Israeli ambassador to Cairo. In an interview with the London-based al-Sharq al-Awsat newspaper, the official outlined the differences between the Egyptian and the Turkish cases. "The Turkish decision to expel the ambassador is based on an international UN probe, similar to the investigation Egypt is conducting now. Egypt's decision will be based on this probe." Turkish opposition leader Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu also criticized the Turkish government's conduct. In an interview with the Turkish news agency Kılıçdaroğlu said that the Palmer Report hurts Turkey and legitimizes the Gaza blockade. He stressed that the steps taken against Israel, such as the expulsion of the ambassador, won't be of use. "The report renders the Gaza blockade legitimate contrary to the Turkish stance. Turkey should have known all this and considered this in advance. The situation is unfortunate in terms of foreign policy. No one would have wanted this portrayal to have been made public. We are now trying to work through the situation." Hmmmm......Iran ....Muslim Brotherhood , Hamas and Turkey the new 'Axes '?These are some of the 'people the Obama administration supports remember in 2012.NATO should get it's rocketshield out of Turkey as fast as it can!Read the full story here.
- Turkish minister threatens Greek Cypriots with warships about oil exploration in Mediterranean.(TodaysZaman).Turkish EU Minister and Chief Negotiator Egemen Bağış has issued a warning to the Greek Cypriot administration, saying that Turkey will not hesitate to deploy war ships in the Mediterranean if Greek Cypriots enter Turkish terrestrial waters during their oil exploration efforts in the Mediterranean, scheduled to start on Oct. 1.Saying that Turkey has sent naval vessels to the area in cases like this before, Bağış added, “This is what we have the navy for.”In a conversation with Sunday's Zaman, Bağış shared his opinions on the recent rise of Islamophobia and xenophobia in Europe, stressing his concern that the situation could become even worse. He also shared with Sunday's Zaman readers his take on a number of issues ranging from the state of affairs in Turkish opposition parties to humanitarian aid in Somalia, the London riots and the Libyan refugee crisis.
Greek Cyprus has declared that it will begin oil exploration in the Mediterranean on Oct. 1. Can you comment on this?
The kinds of things that have happened in the past [Turkish naval interference with exploration] whenever the Greek Cypriots have made such attempts may well happen again. That is how serious Turkey is. Doing this in waters where they have no jurisdiction is illegal. Turkey will rely on international law to pursue its rights to the fullest extent.
Will the navy send a fleet?
This is what we have the navy for. We have trained our marines for this; we have equipped the navy for this. All options are on the table; anything can be done.Hmmmm......Will Turkey drag NATO in a War with Cyprus , Israel and the US (Nobel)?Is this happening with the Obama administration their approval?Since Obama and Erdogan have their weekly phonecalls.Read the full story here.
- NATO's Utter Folly: Putting That NATO Shield In Turkey, Not Bulgaria.(TheIconoclast).By Hugh Fitzgerald. Turkey announces that it has come to an agreement with NATO about the placement of the defense shield against Iran in Turkey. Some may think this a victory for NATO, a dispaly of Turkish solidarity that at this time is needed.Why is this interpretation, and this plan of placing the defense shield in Turkey, folly?For several reasons.
First, this defense shield of NATO, placed just inside Turkey, just 30 miles from the border with Bulgaria, will nonetheless be on the soil of Turkey. And Turkey isa Muslim country which, formerly ruled by secularists, is becoming more dangerously Muslim every day and as a result, behaving hostilely toward non-Muslim countries, including Israel (with which, in the pre-Erdogan period of Turkey's existence, was a most helpful helpful military partner of Turkey) and toward Armenia, which has suffered from Turkish pressure and hostility. At the moment Turkey has problems with Iran, and may at long last be distancing itself from Iran's ally Syria (after close relations had been established), but that is because the Turks are Sunni, and Syrian Alawites, and Iran itself, can be regarded not as oppressors -- Erdogan and his regime are perfectly happy to attack the Kurds in Iraq and oppress the Kurds (and to some degree the Alevis) at home, but do not take kindly to Shi'a (as they may see the Alawites in Syria) oppressing Sunnis. , may one day wish to curry favor with Iran, or other Muslim powers, and to do so demand that the NATO base be removed, or rendered useless against this or that Muslim power. But NATO should not base its plans on a country that is becoming ever more islamic and thus ever more hostile to non-Muslim powers, and ever more demanding and insistent that those powers do what it, Turkey, wants -- the grotesque demand that Israel apologize for defending its men from the Mavi Marmarva setup is only the most obvious of changes in Turkey's tone and attitudes, but the strident, and aggressive tone with which it now addresses the E.U., more or less demanding admission to that organization and insisting that opposition to it, because it is a Muslim state, is illegitimate, is worrisome.It is crazy for the Americans to build bases, or rely on bases or to have American-dominated NATO build bases, or rely on bases, in Muslim states. They are not to be trusted, They are not to be regarded as stable, or as permanently loyal. The loss of bases or base rights in Morocco, in Libya, in Saudi Arabia, or the compromises required, both moral and geopolitical, to retain the use of bases in Bahrain (where the American government is inhibitied) and Qatar (ditto), should have provided enough evidence of the danger of placing bases in Muslim countries.What if the non-Musilm members of NATO decide, for example, that it makes geopolitical sense to support an independent Kurdistan, as a way to weaken Arab Iraq, and the axis of Syria and Iran, both of which have Kurdish populations? The government of Turkey would be enraged, and might demand that the NATO defense shield, which might have been placed just a few dozen miles away in reliable non-Muslim Bulgaria, be removed.No doubt people will worry that "if we change our decision now, the Turks will be mad." So what? The "Turks" involved are the government of Erbakan, the people of Erbakan and Fethulleh Guien's growing pedagogic empire. Why make it seem that the behavior of the Turkish government, its policies, are not to be noticed, are not to be cause for a deliberate rethinking of the West's relation, not to some ectoplasmic shape called "Turkey," but to "the current regime in Turkey," which is a different thing. If it offends that regime, that's a good reason to do it. The Erdogan regime has been behaving intolerably -- think of the Ergenekon farce, the war on university provosts and magistrates, the arrest of army officers and the mass resignation of the generals. The latest, and perhaps its most intolerable act has been the demand that Israel remove its Ambassador because it refuses to apologize for the outrageous behavior of the Turks on the Mevi Marmara.Second, why should Turkey be allowed to think that it remains as important to NATO, that NATO needs it as it did during the Cold War? Now, with all of southeastern Europe - including Bulgaria, which has its own legitimate distrust of Turkey and of Turks, and hostility toward Islam -- is available for a defense shield against Iran, why should NATO allow the Turkish regime to think it is indispensable, when it is quite dispensable to NATO and its plans? Third, the Turkish regime does not take a hint. It thinks it should stil be admitted to the EU. And there are some soft-headded people in that EU who don't know how to tell Turkey: NO. By placing this NATO shield in Turkey, the Turks will now be allowed to claim that "a most important NATO defense shield against Iran" has been placed in Turkey, so "why should the E.U. mistrust Turkey, and put up barriers to its admission, if NATO found Turkey worthy of such trust"?Perhaps none of this has been foreseen -- though it might to you appear as obvious as it does to me -- but now that it has been spelled out, so that even cats and dogs and people who make policy in Washington, London, Paris, and elsewhere can understand, the case against putting the defense shield against Iranian missiles in Turkey is not hard to understand.Non e finita, la commedia, the greater farce is in which a quite different and dangerous Turkey is allowed to remain in NATO.But it shouldn't be.Read the full story here.
- Turkish Regime to Israel; Obama White House to Real Middle East Moderates: Drop Dead.(RubinReports).By Barry Rubin.The "Godfather" film coined a famous phrase: To make someone an offer they can't refuse. But in diplomacy there's the opposite phenomenon: To send someone an ultimatum you know they can't accept. An example of the latter is recent Turkish government diplomacy toward (or should I say, against?) Israel. Its ultimatum demanded Israel apologize for Turkish citizens killed in the Mavi Marmara confrontation, pay compensation, and end all sanctions against the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip. This is in spite of the fact that those killed were radical Islamist jihadis who openly spoke beforehand of happily dying if they could kill Israeli soldiers and about massacring all Jews. As for the sanctions, they are against a terrorist group openly declaring its goal of genocide against both Israel and Jews in general and which has repeatedly attacked Israel. Since Israel refused to surrender to this ultimatum, the Turkish (Islamist) government has expelled Israel's ambassador just as the new, Palmer report on the Gaza Flotilla incident is released. But while the report claims Israel used excessive force--what is the proper amount of force to use on jihadis with weapons who advocate genocide against you?--it also concluded that the blockade is completely legal and that the flotilla activists acted recklessly. In other words, the Turkish regime demands Israel apologize and pay compensation for those who committed an illegal act in order to harm it.Hmmmmm........“They [the Turks] were, upon the whole, from the black day when they first entered Europe, the one great anti-human specimen of humanity. Wherever they went, a broad line of blood marked the track behind them, and, as far as their dominion reached, civilization disappeared from view. They represented everywhere government by force, as opposed to government by law."- William Gladstone, 1876. Read the full story here.
- Now Turkey claims ownership of Kirkuk and Mosul also?Anger all around by Arab, Turkmen, and Kurdish residents!(AlArabiya).The publication of an article concerning Turkey’s possession of documents that some claim prove its ownership of Mosul and Kirkuk stirred controversy among Arab, Turkmen, and Kurdish residents of the two northern Iraq cities and caused confusion as to who is behind the leak of the documents and how significant they could be. According to the Turkish newspaper Takvim, a Turkish force took advantage of the security vacuum that followed the fall of the Iraqi regime after the US-led invasion in 2003 and snuck into registration offices and copied records that prove Turkey’s historical rights to Mosul and Kirkuk. The copies were later taken to Ankara; both offices were later destroyed by fire.Iraqi Kurds were infuriated at the act, which they considered a flagrant interference in their affairs.An official complaint about the incident will be submitted to the Iraqi government and parliament, said Khaled Shwani, a MP and member of the Kurdish Alliance.“We will also call upon the Iraqi Foreign Ministry to move quickly and contact the Turkish authorities to know what really happened,” he said.Members of the Turkmen minority in Kirkuk downplayed the magnitude of the issue, which they said is neither new nor surprising. “This issue keeps resurfacing every now and then in the newspapers and that’s about it. Nothing new,” said Rizgar Ali HamaJan, chairman of the Kirkuk Provincial Council. On the other hand, Arabs in Kirkuk and Mosul held Kurds responsible for the incident and accused them of forging the documents in an attempt to increase their power in Iraq.According to Sheikh Abdullah al-Yawer, an Arab activist in Mosul, the Kurdish Democratic Party and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan are involved in the forgery. The accusation, however, concerned population rather than land records. “Both parties forged the records of Kirkuk, Ninawa, and Diyali and added to them names of residents of the Kurdish cities Erbil, Sulaymania, and Duhok,” he said.Hmmmm.......It's mine, mine ....it's all mine?Read the full story here.
- Mosques and schools being turned into military posts by Iran, land operation might be launched on 5 September against Kurds.(Firat).While building new police stations at the boundary line on the one hand, the Iranian regime has also turned mosques in the border areas into police stations. Iranian soldiers, who have been warning the villagers to leave the region until 5 September on the pretext of a ‘15-day cleaning’, are reported to be digging position areas in Xakurke region. In coordination with Turkey, the Iranian army has also launched an intense mobilization at the border line. The Iranian regime is carrying out operations at the border and bombing South Kurdistan Since 16 July. Making an intense military shipment in Kandil and Xinere, the Iranian army, according to some assertions, will launch a land operation on September 5. According to reports from local sources, people in Piranşehir and Serdest districts of Urmia have been warned on Friday while going to Friday Prayer “not to go to mosques where Spahi Pastaran (soldier) and Basij (militia) forces will be staying until 5 September. Besides, the same sources have reported that the schools in the region have also been evacuated and in the same way as soldiers have been deployed in the schools as well. According to information provided by another local resource, a large number of long barreled cannon vehicles have headed away towards the Dolatû area of Serdest district.Separately, people in the region have been applied pressure to leave the Cilberan, Girberan, Hacibeg, Kotol, Kaynarlık, Kaşka bilak, Gorgi, Almalı, Habeş, Şerif Abat, Çilkani, Hasanbeg, Hingirvan and Kevirê Spî villages in Xoy and Kalaniyê regions. Soldiers have reportedly warned the villages to take their animals with them and to leave the region due to a ’15-day cleaning’. Besides, it has been reported that the Iranian army has been storing a military build-up and digging position areas in Martyr Beritan area in Xakurkê.Read the full story here.
- U.S. radar system to be installed in Kurdish city.(Firat).Turkey said Friday it would host an early-warning radar system on its territory as part of NATO’s missile defense program, ending its months-old quandary on whether to join the project.According to a report by Hurriyet Daily news Turkish high-ranking military officer will be posted to the NATO’s anti-ballistic team to be stationed in Germany. It is reported that the radar system could be stationed at a military installation either in Adana or Malatya. The system according to the Pentagon, will be operational by the end of 2011.In a written statement released on Friday Foreign Ministry spokesman Selçuk Ünal stated: “It is anticipated that the early-warning radar system allocated by the United States to NATO will be deployed in our country.”Last year in Lisbon NATO approved a new strategic concept which calls for the development of an anti-ballistic defense system in response to growing threats from Iran and North Korea. Turkey approved the concept only after receiving a series of guarantees among which was the need for the allies not to single out Iran as the sole threat against NATO. According to an article by the Wall Street Journal Turkey had two concerns regarding the new radar project.The first was that although the radar would be deployed at a location in Turkey, a small piece of its territory in the east of the country close to Iran would not be covered by the shield. Turkey asked for the deployment of anti-ballistic Patriot missiles in this region to fully secure its territory. The second concern, which took a different meaning when analyzing event of the last 24 hours, was that data collected at the radar site could be shared real-time with Israel. According to the Wall Street Journal the U.S. officials told Turkish counterparts that “the U.S. has a ‘separate and robust’ missile defense relationship with Israel, where the U.S. based high-powered X-Band radar in 2008 to bolster Israel’s missile defenses.”But it also added that data from any U.S. radars around the world could be fused with other data to maximize the effectiveness of its missile defenses. Considering that the cold relations between Turkey and Israel have been frozen since yesterday, after the decision by Turkey to expel the Israeli ambassador over Israel’s failure to apologize for killing nine Turks in a raid on a Gaza-bound aid ship last year.Hmmm.....Will Turkey use the shield against Israel?Read the full story here.
- Iranian police arrest water pistol 'rebels'.(Ynet).Iranian police have started cracking down on water fights springing up across the country with the arrests of several young men and women who took part in the latest organized water pistol battles.A water fight in a Tehran park on Friday, thought to have been organized through social media websites, was broken up by police who arrested several of the revelers, the semi-official Mehr news agency reported on Sunday. "Some of these by police on Friday," Ahmadreza Radan, Tehran's deputy police chief, told Mehr.Mingling between sexes outside marriage is banned in Iran and conservatives in the Islamic Republic have been scandalized by scenes of dozens of youngsters spraying each other with water in public.Various websites have posted photographs of girls and boys in wet clothes throwing water balloons, firing water guns and splashing each other with water from bottles after the first water fights were reported in the capital a few weeks ago.The fights have since spread across the country despite warnings from authorities.They are seen as the by Iranians against Islamic norms which require women to cover their hair in public and wear loose-fitting clothes, and where much Western entertainment is banned due to what is considered law morality.Conservatives say the water fights must be stamped out to prevent what they say is the corruption of Iranian youths, much of which is blamed on a deliberate "soft war" by the West conducted through TV, films and pop music.News website Khabar Online said police in the southern city of Shiraz arrested a man they said was organizing water fights though social networking site Facebook, which has been blocked by a government Internet filter but which many Iranians manage to access.Six women and 11 men were arrested at a water fight earlier last month in the Gulf port of Bandar Abbas but released after 24 hours, Mehr reported."We have announced earlier that water fights and breaking the norms are forbidden... and the police will not tolerate that," Radan said."There are other aims behind this play... These people have committed very ugly and immoral acts."Read the full story here.
- Senior Belgian Judge: "The End of Democracy May Not be Far Away".(IslamVersusEuropa).Two senior Belgian judges, Yves Liégeois, Antwerp public prosecutor, and Piet Van Den Bon, Advocate General of the Higher Labour Court, have made devastating criticisms of the Belgian government's immigration policy. From the start of his speech, Mr Liégeois, set the tone:
"The end of democracy may not be far away. The problems are becoming unmanageable. The total failure of immigration policy is one expression of that."
The two Antwerp magistrates insist that the authorities have completely lost control of immigration. And Mr Van de Bon makes a very sombre assessment of some districts in Belgian cities where, based on a round-table with labour magistrates in the Antwerp and Limburg regions (the sphere of the Antwerp Appeal Court), he notes an increase in "destabilising socio-economic practices". And the magistrate sounds the alarm: "These practices may endanger the existence of our state of law." He observes that the majority of foreigners can get access to unemployment benefits if they have done enough work in their country of origin. Now, he adds, criminal organisations create companies that supply false work references which the worker can buy. "We are inundated with these criminal networks, fraudulent individuals and bogus companies. Especially in Antwerp," says Mr Van Den Bon. And the magistrate also attacks asylum policy. "The law relating to asylum has been hijacked: the same applies to family reunion, which is far too easy." And this imposes a burden on social security.Read the full story here. (Googletranslate).
Saturday, September 3, 2011
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Atlantic Ocean 6.0 , Vanuatu 5.7 and US (Atka) 5.1 ! More info here.
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- Hurricane Katia : Latest Updates here.
- Congressmen Ask White House for Documents on Solyndra’s Federal Loan.(Heritage).One day after solar company Solyndra closed its doors, two U.S. congressman are asking the White House for all documents related to the federal government’s $535 million loan guarantee. The probe also seeks correspondence between administration officials and the company’s investors, seeking to uncover if the White House engaged in cronyism to reward a major campaign donor.Rep. Cliff Stearns (R-FL) was pursuing an investigation of the Department of Energy’s $535 million loan long before Solyndra announced plans to file for bankruptcy. Now, using his perch as chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee’s Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations, Stearns is turning up the heat. Rep. Fred Upton (R-MI), chairman of Energy and Commerce, also signed Thursday’s letter to White House Counsel Kathryn Ruemmler. (Copy of the letter below.)The congressmen ask the White House to turn over all documents by Sept. 12. Previous attempts have been met with resistance, including the refusal by the administration to testify before Congress about the taxpayer-backed loan.“Solyndra represented the first step in the Obama Administration’s $60 billion loan guarantee program, which promised to create thousands of new jobs,” Stearns said. “Now with the collapse of Solyndra, we see 1,100 employees out of work and taxpayers out of $535 million, most likely.”Solyndra secured the loan from the Department of Energy under a stimulus program. It was hailed as a model example by President Obama, who even visited the plant in May 2010. Vice President Biden spoke via satellite at Solyndra’s groundbreaking ceremony in September 2009 and Energy Secretary Steven Chu was in Fremont, CA, to mark the occasion.Perhaps it wasn’t unusual to shower so much attention on the company. After all, Obama has close ties to one of Solyndra’s investors, Oklahoma oil billionaire George Kaiser. He was a “bundler” of campaign donations for Obama in 2008. In that role, Kaiser raised at least $50,000 for the campaign.Reps. Upton and Stearns Letter to White House on Solyndra.Read the full story here.
- White House: Obama’s Huge Jobs Speech Might Not Be So Huge After All, Say Entire Plan Won’t Be Released On Thursday.(Fox News) — In what could be a way of lowering expectations for next Thursday’s big economic speech, aides to President Obama are privately spreading word that he will not present his entire jobs plan in his address to a Joint Session of Congress.Aides say Thursday’s speech will be part of a bigger plan the White House will roll out throughout the fall with the president hitting the road for speeches and town hall appearances.(Campaigning?) Aides have already confirmed that Obama will be traveling to California, Colorado, and Washington state for one three-day swing later this month that will include economic events as well as some fundraising.The move could be a way to try and lower the stakes for Thursday’s Joint Session appearance, but it could also be an attempt by the administration to show the president is trying to stay all over the economy heading into what will likely be an uphill re-election battle.“There’s no question the president will want to keep returning to jobs,” one top aide told Fox News. “I don’t want to downplay the speech [next week] — it’s going to be substantial. But the idea that this is the be-all and end-all is wrong.”The president promised to release his plan to create jobs after returning from his Martha’s Vineyard vacation in late August and Friday’s report will put more pressure on him to deliver. But White House officials still say it’s unlikely the president will release the whole plan Thursday night.Hmmmmm.....Might it be that the (Election campaign) plan is to discredit Congress?Read the full story here.
- House Investigators Find Evidence Obama Officials Were Personally Involed In Helping Now-Bankrupt Solyndra Energy Receive Massive Federal Loan.(ABC News) — House investigators said they have uncovered evidence that White House officials became personally involved in an Energy Department review of a hot-button $535 million loan guarantee to the now-failed California solar company Solyndra.The allegation surfaced in a letter House Energy Committee Chairman Fred Upton (R-Mich.) sent to the White House Thursday night, saying he planned to accelerate efforts to understand an investment deal that may have left taxpayers out half a billion dollars.“We have learned from our investigation that White House officials monitored Solyndra’s application and communicated with [Department of Energy] and Office of Management and Budget officials during the course of their review,” the letter says. Thursday’s letter, which calls on the White House to turn over correspondence between administration officials, Solyndra and its investors, presents the most pointed suggestion that the White House had direct involvement in the financing.“How did this company, without maybe the best economic plan, all of a sudden get to the head of the line?” Upton told ABC News in an interview this week. “We want to know who made this decision … and we’re not going to stop until we get those answers.”Hmmmm....... SolyndraGate?Read the full story here.
- Danon to Clinton: Declare Turkey a terror-supporting state.(JPost).Following a Turkish ultimatum warning Israel to apologize for the raid of the Mavi Marmara or face snactions, Likud MK Danny Danon on Thursday sent a letter to US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton calling on Washington to declare Turkey a "terror-supporting state.""Turkey has gotten closer to Iran and constitutes a direct continuation of the axis of evil. The government in Washington must answer the Turkish problem before it is too late," Danon wrote.Danon called for economic and diplomatic sanctions against Turkey until Ankara changes its ways and abandons the way of terror."The Turks have crossed the line. They supported the flotilla, they support terror and they dare to ask Israel to apologize to them," Danon stated in response to the ultimatum.Hmmmm.......How else did Iran survive and flourished with the economic sanctions? Read the full story here.
- The Imminent Failure Of The Eurozone.(ZeroHedge).Our planet has a problem. Its leading economies, the U.S., Japan, and the E.U. are declining. That is, about one-sixth of the world's population is losing ground. These big economies are the ones that lead the rest of the world, including China. Countries like China, India, and Brazil, depend on the health of the big economies to keep buying their products and commodities so they can grow and generate wealth for their citizens. What is especially concerning is the blow-up that is about to happen in Europe. It is not something that is happening "over there." In a world that is so interconnected financially and by trade, a sinking Europe is everyone's concern.Their problems are much the same as ours with a twist. Their governments and central banks have also pursued reckless monetary and fiscal policies and now, effect is following cause. They have more or less followed the same policies as has the U.S., much to the same end. They spent large, engaged in Keynesian fiscal stimulus in a bailout attempt, ran up huge debts and deficits, and their economies are in decline.They have hit the wall: Greece will soon default on their sovereign debt. On Tuesday, yields on one year Greek bills reached 60%. It is a sign that investors have no faith in the Greek government's ability to repay their debt. The EU, ECB, and the IMF are trying to establish a European Financial Stability Facility (EFSB) in order to further bail Greece out. They have already pledged €110 billion and they are trying to put another package together of €109 billion. But Finland insists that Greece puts up additional collateral, which is not possible. Since the collateral would be part of the bailout money, it would be, in essence, Germany and France guaranteeing Finland's contribution.Greece has missed every fiscal target it or its saviors has had. They are trying to get their deficit down to 7.6% of GDP through more austerity measures, but it looks like they will miss again (est. 8.5+%). Basically they are asking the Greeks to do something they don't want to do, and they will no doubt take to the streets again in protest.The EU faces an insolvable problem, but it is one they created. You can't have a monetary union without a fiscal union. At least when no nation is obligated to play fair. They either terminate the EMU or paper it over. There is no other practical fix, at least when economies of member states are declining. They are the poster child for the failure of Keynesian-Monetarist economics.Read the full story here.
- UK - Imam killed after morning prayer in Finsbury Park.(BBC).A imam who died in suspicious circumstances at a mosque in north London was killed after taking morning prayers, it has emerged.The religious leader, understood to be Sheikh Maymoun Zarzour, was found at the Muslim Welfare House in Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park, on Friday.A man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder. A post-mortem examination is being arranged.The Metropolitan Police said it was not believed to be a faith hate crime.Officers believe the suspect attended the mosque.A statement on the Muslim Welfare House Trust's website read: "Our imam has passed away after he led prayer."The police is investigating the case but it is thought that he was killed inside his office."We would like to send our condolences to all the Muslims in north London and the UK."It continued: "The sheikh was very friendly and never had an argument with anyone in the community during his career in this mosque."The imam was blind after a childhood accident.Local MP Jeremy Corbyn knew Sheikh Zarzour well, holding regular surgeries at the Muslim Welfare House. He had helped him to his seat at a supper just last week.Mr Corbyn said: "He was a very good man. He was quite quiet, a good listener and good at supporting the community."He was exactly the kind of person Finsbury Park needs and I'm very sad he's gone.Hmmmm.....Be reminded that the Finsbury mosque is a well known hub for Salafist radicals .Read the full story here.
- IAEA worries over Iran military nuclear work.(Ynet).The International Atomic Energy Agency is "increasingly concerned" about possible activity in Iran to develop a nuclear payload for a missile, the IAEA said in a confidential report obtained by Reuters on Friday. The UN nuclear agency's report said it continued to receive new information adding to such worries.The IAEA's information had come from many states and also through its own efforts, and was "broadly consistent and credible in terms of technical detail, the time frame in which the activities were conducted and the people and organizations involved". The developments highlighted in the IAEA's latest quarterly inspection report are likely to fan Western suspicions about the underlying nature of Iran's nuclear activity, which Western powers suspect is aimed at developing atom bombs. It could provide additional arguments for the United States and its European allies to further tighten sanctions pressure on Iran, one of the world's largest oil producers. The IAEA used "stark language" to show its concerns about possible military links to Iran's nuclear program, a US-based think-tank, the Institute for Science and International Security, said in a commentary. Iran's envoy to the IAEA, Ali Asghar Soltanieh, dismissed what he called "baseless allegations" about Iran's program. But he nevertheless described the report as a step in the right direction, saying it showed that Iran had fully cooperated with the IAEA by allowing a senior nuclear inspector full access to atomic sites during a five-day visit last month.In addition to addressing the issue of alleged military dimensions to Iran's nuclear program, the UN agency said Tehran had begun installing machines for higher-grade uranium enrichment in an underground bunker near the holy city of Qom. Shifting enrichment activity to such a subterranean site could offer greater protection against any attacks by Israel or the United States, which have both said they do not rule out pre-emptive strikes to stop Iran getting nuclear weapons. At a separate research and development site, the Vienna-based IAEA said, Iran had started enriching uranium experimentally with a more advanced model of centrifuge than the erratic, 1970s vintage machine it has been using for years."Iran has made progress on the enrichment side," a diplomat familiar with the IAEA's investigation said, adding the Islamic state was making a "lot of effort" to get the underground Fordow site up and running. Read the full story here.
- Libyan rebel commander Abdel Hakim Belhaj negotiating with West claims "CIA agents tortured me and then sent me to Gaddafi prison hell".(DailyMail).Despite allegations, he insists: 'Revenge doesn't motivate me'. A Libyan rebel military commander negotiating over the future of his country today claimed he was tortured by CIA agents who suspected him of being an Al Qaeda terrorist.Abdel Hakim Belhaj, the former leader of an Islamic militant group that sent fighters to Iraq and Afghanistan, said he spent seven years in jail, where he was even denied a shower for three years.He claims that he was arrested in at an airport in Malaysia in 2004 before U.S. agents took him to Thailand as part of the rendition process of transferring prisoners to countries that use torture.The 45-year-old says he was tortured by American agents at a facility in the South East Asian state before he was returned to Libya, where he remained incarcerated until the end of 2010.His allegations highlight the apparent closeness between the U.S. and Colonel Moammar Gaddafi’s regime, which collapsed last week following a six-month insurgency.Mr Belhaj, who fought against the Russians in Afghanistan in the 1980s, declared that ‘if I ever have the chance I will take legal action’ against those responsible. However, the former commander of now dissolved Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, who in 2009 publicly repudiated violent jihad, insists he does not hold a grudge against the West.Mr Belhaj, who commands troops in Tripoli and has travelled abroad and met several foreign politicians since the uprising began, said: ‘Revenge doesn't motivate me personally.’He said he hopes any future Libya will shun extremism.‘Libya is a moderate Muslim country,’ he said. ‘We are a simple people with a simple cultural makeup and we have never had extremist ideas. And if there ever were any they were an exception.‘The Libyan people have different views and those views will be respected.’After his alleged stint in the hands of the CIA, Mr Belhaj was kept in the notorious Abu Salim prison in Tripoli, where 1,200 inmates were massacred in 1999 after complaining about their conditions.He told The Independent: ‘I was in prison for seven years during which I was subjected to torture as well as solitary confinement. I was even denied a shower for three years.’He did not reveal any other details of his allegations.Other Islamist inmates, who were often stripped naked and attacked by dogs as a routine punishment, have claims they were sometimes taken from Abu Salim to be questioned by U.S. officials in Tripoli.Released from prison in 2010, Mr Belhaj became one of the most effective rebel military commanders and is said by diplomats to have played a crucial role in the capture of Tripoli.He is highly regarded by the chairman of the Transitional National Council (TNC), Mustafa Abdul Jalil. Ironically, given his claims of previous mistreatment at US hands, Mr Belhaj has emerged as one of Nato's most important allies during their air campaign in support of the rebels over the last six months. He lauded the West for supporting the rebels, saying that ‘the UN Security Council and the whole world stood by us in the cause and have helped us to get rid of Gaddafi.’Although Mr Belhaj admits sending troops to Afghanistan, he claims it was not to help Al Qaeda bit rather to train insurgents in the fight against Gaddafi.‘We never had any link to Al Qaeda,’ said Mr Belhaj.‘We never took part in global jihad. The fact that we were in the same country, Afghanistan, [as al-Qa'ida] does not mean we had the same goal.‘We never have and never will support… terrorism.’It was in Abu Salim prison that Mr Belhaj helped write a 419-page document, published in 2009, which repudiated the Jihadi doctrine of holy war and the use of violence to change regimes. And it was there, in February, that the uprising began after lawyers protested against the appalling conditions.Hmmmm........Wow look there a Unicorn!Ah it's gone now the CIA came and took it.Read the full story here.
- 'Al-Sharq Al-Awsat': Seif Al-Islam is Working to Establish a Country Within Libya.(Memri).The London daily Al-Sharq Al-Awsat has reported that its Libyan correspondents discovered a mass grave near Sirte, which contains the bodies of 45 people murdered by Mu'ammar Al-Qadhafi's men.According to the daily, Mu'ammar Al-Qadhafi's son, Seif Al-Islam, is working to establish a tribal front in the Fazan area that would protect his father, and would become a de facto country within Libya.Read the full story here.
- The Internet and Iran - 'Is It Possible to Pull the Plug?'(Spiegel).The regime of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has threatened to completely cut Iran off from the Internet. But activists in the country are well-versed in circumventing official censorship. In a conversation with SPIEGEL, Internet expert Philip Howard explains how they do it and says that complete digital isolation is virtually impossible.
SPIEGEL: Iran has announced its intention to completely cut itself off from the Internet. Is such a thing realistic?
Howard: The government in Tehran has already shown itself to be capable of such a thing. Following the controversial re-election of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in June 2009, the country was cut off for about 24 hours. But when a regime shuts down the Internet, it is usually also a last, desperate measure.
SPIEGEL: Even in 2009, the country wasn't completely offline.
Howard: The Iranian government asked the three largest Internet service providers to shut down, but they didn't bother with the smaller ones. What many states don't understand is that digital networks are essentially networks. When you remove two or three important nodes, other nodes pick up the traffic. And there are always a few activists who are prepared and have their satellite phones ready. They set up connections to Internet service providers in Europe and they work out other ways of getting out a little bit of information.
SPIEGEL: Instead of using landlines, some Iranian bloggers have taken to using satellite dishes to access the Internet.
Howard: That, though, is relatively difficult from a technical point of view. It's not easy to adapt the satellite dishes...
SPIEGEL: ... which are increasingly being destroyed by special police units...Read the full story here.
- Hamas official: Palmer Report 'biased'.(Ynet).Hamas official in Gaza Mahmoud Zahar called the UN's Palmer Report a 'biased' document, in an interview to a Lebanese newspaper on Saturday. In his interview Zahar said that "when the report ruled that the blockade on Gaza is legal, it means that it justifies Israel's attempt to prevent any side from breaking the siege imposed on a million and a half Palestinians in Gaza."Zahar added that the report clearly takes a stand against Turkey and the Palestinian people, claiming it's the result of Israeli-American pressure. The Hamas official justified Turkey's diplomatic actions taken Friday, including the expulsion of Israeli Ambassador Gabby Levy from Ankara. "A country that accepts the fact that its citizens are being killed, as the Turks were killed onboard the Marmara in international waters along the Gaza coast, and then leaves its relationship with the killer unchanged – is a country that risks it's credibility amongst its people," said Zahar. He concluded that therefore the expulsion of the Israeli ambassador is a reasonable move on Ankara's behalf.Zahar also criticized Turkey for insisting on receiving a formal apology from Israel in regards to the flotilla events. "An apology will not bring the dead back to life," he remarked.Meanwhile, another Hamas official was quick to congratulate Turkey on Friday for its diplomatic actions against Israel. "We welcome this decision and see it as a fit response to the crimes against the international flotilla that tried to breach the siege," Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri said. Hamas also slammed the Palmer Report as "unfair and unjust."The Islamic Jihad issued a statement Friday saying the latest Turkish step is an important one on the way to isolate Israel. The organization also called Arab and Islamic countries across the world to cut all ties with Israel.Read the full story here.
- Turkey to host NATO early warning radar.(Ynet).Turkey is set to host a NATO early-warning radar system as part of improved defenses for the Western military alliance, the foreign ministry said on Friday. Turkey, with NATO's second biggest military, has a geo-strategic importance to the alliance dating back to its role as a front-line state in the Cold War era. But its value to NATO has risen as Middle East states with anti-Western policies, like Iran, have developed their missile capabilities.Last November, NATO leaders approved a new mission statement for the Western military alliance, committing among other things to missile defense. NATO's Strategic Concept for the coming decade, approved at a summit in Lisbon, confirmed the North Atlantic Treaty Organization's core task of defending its territory and its commitment to collective defense of its 28 members. The foreign ministry spokesman said the alliance decided to develop a new defense system against a ballistic missile threat and that work on the project was reaching its final stages. "It is anticipated that the early warning radar system allocated by the United States for NATO will be deployed in our country," a ministry spokesman said in a statement. "Turkey's hosting of this element will constitute our country's contribution to the defense system being developed in the framework of NATO's new strategic concept. It will strengthen NATO's defense capacity and our national defense system." No further details were immediately available. In recent years, Turkey has sought stronger ties with former Soviet bloc members, as well as fellow Muslim states in the Middle East, including Iran, to re-balance a foreign policy that had previously leaned heavily toward the West. Russia's NATO envoy said a radar system in Turkey would not threaten Russian security, but reiterated accusations that the United States is pushing ahead with their plans for a missile shield despite vows to cooperate with Moscow. Moscow says a NATO missile defence system could threaten its security if it develops the capability to down Russian nuclear missiles. The Kremlin is demanding a role in a joint system or binding guarantees that Russia would not be targeted.Hmmmmm......Does Turkey want the shield to use against Israel?Read the full story here.
- ‘Israel’s bullying in eastern Med is over’(HurriyetDaily).The eastern Mediterranean will no longer be a place where Israeli naval forces can freely exercise their “bullying” practices against civilian vessels, a Turkish official said Friday.The official said this would be the outcome of Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu’s statement earlier in the day that “Turkey would take every precaution it deems necessary for the safety of maritime navigation in the eastern Mediterranean.”Davutoğlu’s statement about providing maritime safety in the eastern Mediterranean grabbed the most attention among the various sanctions against Israel the foreign minister announced Friday. He did not further elaborate, however, on what he meant by taking “every precaution.”The Turkish foreign minister’s statement will likely spark a new faceoff between Turkey and Israel, the region’s strongest armies, in the eastern Mediterranean. A potential confrontation between the two countries’ navies would have serious negative consequences for regional stability.Turkish diplomats told the Hürriyet Daily News that the Turkish Navy will be more visible in the eastern Mediterranean through regular patrolling in international waters. “A more aggressive strategy will be pursued. Israel will no longer be able to exercise its bullying practices freely,” one said.Using Turkish naval vessels to escort ships carrying aid to Palestine and observing free navigation in the zone between the island of Cyprus and Israel are among the plans set to be implemented, sources said, adding that Turkish war ships would be more frequently seen in the area.The zone described by Turkish sources has been the subject of a recent diplomatic struggle between Turkey and Greek Cyprus over the latter’s project to start drilling natural gas reserves. Greek Cyprus and Israel recently agreed to jointly initiate the drilling with the participation of some American companies.Turkey sees the gas-exploration deal as an agreement between two hostile countries against Turkey and has urged both parties not to get involved in such a project before a solution is found to the Cyprus issue in order to preserve the stability of the eastern Mediterranean.In an interview with daily Zaman on Friday, EU Minister Egemen Bağış hinted that Turkish Navy could intervene if Greek Cyprus does not call off the project. “That’s what a navy is for,” he said.As part of Turkey’s more aggressive strategy against Israel, sources told the Daily News that Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is planning to visit Hamas-controlled Gaza in the coming weeks, an intention he voiced in late July.“Our prime minister has already instructed the Foreign Ministry to set a date for the visit. We are looking for the best timing for the visit,” a diplomatic source said. “Our primary purpose is to draw the world’s attention to what is going on in Gaza and to push the international community to end the unfair embargo imposed by Israel.”Hmmmm......What are the Chances Turkey starts an all out war with Israel over Cyprus or Gaza?Turkey the new 'Bully' in the Mediterranean?Read the full story here.
- Is Turkey preparing to drag Nato and the US in a conflict against Israel?(AstuteBlogger).Hmmm....I completely agree with his point of view, i only wanted to add"What's Obama's role in all this , why the weekly phonecalls between Obama and Erdogan?The one thing they have in common is their 'love' for Israel."Read the full story here.