Sunday, August 21, 2011
Warning Extremely Graphic scenes!VIDEO IS 18+ CONTAINS SCENES OF CHILDREN THAT HAVE BEEN BLOWN UP BY HIGH EXPLOSIVES FROM TURKISH AIRCRAFT!
CNN) -- A Turkish airstrike killed seven family members Sunday morning in a Kurdish village in northern Iraq, a local official said.
Qalat Diza mayor Hassan Abdullah said the strike hit two parents and their five children as they rode in a truck.The village, Kortek, is located in Qalat Diza -- about 180 kilometers northeast of Sulaimaniya along the Turkey-Iraq border.
The deaths are the latest casualties reported as Turkish warplanes continue to carry out airstrikes against suspected Kurdish rebel targets in northern Iraq. The Kurdistan Regional Government in northern Iraq has expressed concern about the Turkish cross-border raids.The names of the casualities have been determined as follows;
Hasan Mustafa Hasan (Father)
Mer Haci Mam (Mother)
Rezan Hüseyin Mustafa (34)
Oskar Hüseyin (10)
Sonya Şemal Hasan (4)
Solin Şemal Hasan (6-months)
Zana Hüseyin Mustafa (11)
Turkish military officials could not be reached for comment on the incident.Source.More here.
Hmmmm.......Now if this were Israel's doing the whole world....... the UN and OIC on top would be shouting for justice and PM Erdogan would be demanding an excuse!
Related - Human shields heading towards Kandil.(Firat).Hundreds of human shields have taken the road to Kandil which is being dropped intensive air bombs by the Turkish army in the sixth day of the air strike. After the protest act by Peace Mothers Initiative, one other human shield march has been started in Federal Kurdistan Region. Hundreds of people from Kirkuk, Hawler, Sulaimaniyah, Mahmur, Zaxo, Germiyan and Sêmêlê have set off towards the intensive air attack area Kandil.Following the protest march to Sırnak and Hakkari border points under the leadership of Peace Mothers Initiative two days ago, hundreds of people from many provinces of Federal Kurdistan Region have departed this morning towards Kandil where seven people-five of them children-were targeted and killed by Turkish warplanes yesterday. Hundreds of human shields, including children, youngsters, women and elders, will reportedly go to Kandil after a visit in Ranya to the family of seven people who lost their lives yesterday. Source.
Libyan Rebels: Muammar Gadhafi has fled and the city of Tripoli has fallen -'Colonel Gaddafi's Son Captured'
Israel Radio has just reported that Muammar Gadhafi has fled and the city of Tripoli has fallen.(Liveleak).Here's a report and video from Sky News which has a reporter embedded with the rebels: Sky's special correspondent Alex Crawford, accompanying the rebels, said the opposition fighters were greeted with scenes of jubilation as they made their way through the outskirts of the capital.
As they entered the city, their cars gridlocked the roads, she said, and hundreds of people came out onto the streets to greet them.The rebels responded with celebratory gunfire, she said.
"We are now just a very short distance from the centre, with more and more people coming onto the streets.
"They (the rebels) had been expecting much more resistance but there has been very little."
"There is absolutely no question in their minds that they have beaten Gaddafi and it is just a question of how he will go," she added.
The quick advance came after the fighters captured the base of the Khamis Brigade, 16 miles west of the capital.
It is said to be one of the best-trained and equipped units in the Libyan military and is commanded by Col Gaddafi's 27-year-old son Khamis.
Aside from the main rebel movement from the west of the city, fighting also broke out in the city's Mitiga airbase, while the suburb of Tajoura reportedly also fell under rebel control.
Gunfire was also heard near the hotel where foreign media are staying.
As the rebel movement came closer to the capital, Col Gaddafi broadcast a message on state television calling on Libyan people to come from all regions and liberate Tripoli.He said he was "afraid Tripoli will burn" but that he will remain in the city until the end.The Libyan government also earlier appealed for an immediate ceasefire and an end to Nato's "aggression".Spokesman for Colonel Muammar Gaddafi's regime, Moussa Ibrahim, told reporters the rebels were nothing without Nato and they would never be able to take Libya. Maybe. But Gadhafi is now gone.
Libyan Rebels: 'Colonel Gaddafi's Son Captured'.Libyan rebels have told Sky News that Saif Al-Islam, Colonel Gaddafi's son, has been captured, as the end of the regmine appears to draw ever closer. Source.
Egyptian TV Presenter Sayyed Ali: No More Negotiations with Israel, No More Subservience to the US, and No More Accursed US Aid
This is a message directed outward, not inward. Today, if you asked 86 million Egyptians if they would be willing to fight and be martyred for the sake of their honor, not one would hesitate. If some pin their hopes on the divisions and disputes of the days of the revolution, let them know that today, Egypt in its entirety – 86 million – are ready to be martyred [to avenge] the blood of the Egyptian martyrs.
Israel kicked up a fuss over an insignificant soldier called Gilad Shalit. Israel invaded Lebanon, killing and humiliating people, because of another insignificant Israeli soldier.
Egyptian blood will never be cheap. That's it. Things will not be as they were before. No more negotiations, no more bargaining, no more subservience to the US, and no more of the accursed US aid, which makes the blood of 86 million Egyptian cheap. Source.
Posted by Will at 8:42 AM
Source : Hevallo.
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Vanuatu 5.5 - 5.3 - 5.2 and Indonesia 5.2 ! More info here.
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- Obama’s Constitution Trampling Rages On: Nine Impeachment-Worthy Acts.(GulagBound).One thing we know today is, the Democrat party is not your Mamma’s Democrat party. If the current Democrat Congress had an ounce of integrity, the House would be impeaching Barack Obama and the Senate would be convicting him. But today’s Democrat is willing to let Obama unconstitutionally bypass them. There is no way Republicans can stop it, but they could at least try – and make a hell of a lot of noise doing it. Congress has abdicated their duty and violated their oath of office, just as Obama has violated the Constitution to which he swore. Make no mistake about, this man has committed impeachable offenses.
1) Obama has consistently ignored the Rule of Law regarding illegal aliens. Today he was cheeky enough to publicly announce his plan to thwart the Rule of Law. He moved beyond the DREAM Act, which would have granted fast-track citizenship for illegal children graduating high school or serving in the U.S. Military, to be granted in-state college tuition.Congress refused to pass the DREAM Act legislation. Today we learn that some 300,000 illegals tagged for deportation will now remain here, and decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis. The news is full of stories that Obama has been confronted by angry Hispanics, wanting and demanding amnesty. His favorable polling among them has gone from 70+% down to 40-something-percent.
2) He has stated his administration, and specifically his Department of Justice, will ignore the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) enacted by Congress, and seek to repeal it. DOMA is law. The repealing is one thing, if he can make it happen, which he likely cannot. Taking action before a repeal is unconstitutional. The Executive Branch does not have the authority to ignore a constitutional law. The Liar-in-Chief defended the Defense of Marriage Act when he campaigned.
3) Just this week the Education Czar granted No Child Left Behind waivers – thirteen years to perform by 2012 they were given, and they can’t make it happen – American kids can’t do math! Education Secretary Arne Duncan announced states can receive waivers – yet the checks for billions to fund it continue. No Child Left Behind is a law enacted by Congress. Neither Duncan or Obama have the authority to make a single change without Congress acting first. Yet it has already been done.
4) Obama has ignored court orders and been held in contempt of court, along with Secretary of Interior, Ken Salazar for refusing and to allow drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. After the BP oil spill, Obama created a “panel of experts” to advise him. Salazar took their experienced opinions, didn’t like them, changed them and lied about them. The result: a ban on drilling. Salazar said the lie was his decision and the president’s decision. He apologized – not to the American people, or those who lost their jobs, but to the experts. Obama apologized to no one.When a federal court smacked down the boys drilling moratorium, Salazar just issued another. As of March 2011, this from The Tulsa World:
WASHINGTON – More than two-thirds of offshore leases in the Gulf of Mexico are sitting idle, neither producing oil and gas, nor being actively explored by the companies who hold the leases, according to a Department of Interior report to be released Tuesday.Those inactive swaths of the Gulf could potentially hold more than 11 billion barrels of oil and 50 trillion cubic feet of natural gas, the department said in the report obtained by The Associated Press.Jobs…thousands of jobs gone.
5) This month, The Western Energy Alliance won their appeal in a suit against the Federal Government. The court recognized the administration’s illegal and unconstitutional “rules” to delay and slow down to a creep, approval to drill for oil and gas on Federal lands. The law suit was filed against the Obama administration and Interior Secretary Ken Salazar.The ruling reinstates Bush-era expedited oil and gas drilling under provisions called categorical exclusions on federal lands nationwide, Freudenthal said.The government argued that oil and gas companies had no case because they didn’t show how the new rules, implemented by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management and U.S. Forest Service last year, had created delays and added to the cost of drilling.Freudenthal rejected that argument.“Western Energy has demonstrated through its members recognizable injury,” she said. “Those injuries are supported by the administrative record.” Source Our Business New. Rules…just rules.
6) When Congress refused to make certain environmental requirements actual law, Obama simply allowed the EPA to do it anyway – what he referred to as another way to “skin a cat.”Congress refused to kill the coal and oil industry, so the EPA is doing it outside the law, by Obama fiat. When Cap and Trade did not pass, Obama said this:
“Cap-and-trade was just one way of skinning the cat; it was not the only way. I’m going to look for other means to address the problem.”The cost to U.S. taxpayers is enormous. Five coal-fired electrical plants have closed down because the regulations are impossible to enact without the funds to make it happen. American Electric Power (AEP):Utility giant American Electric Power said Thursday that it will shut down five coal-fired power plants and spend billions of dollars to comply with a series of pending Environmental Protection Agency regulations.Remember, Congress refused to grant these restrictions. Even a Democrat legislator objected:
“Let me be clear, it’s decisions like the one made by AEP today that demonstrate the urgent need to rein in government agencies like the EPA, preventing them from overstepping their bounds and imposing regulations that not only cost us good American jobs, but hurt our economy,” said Manchin [Sen. Joe Manchin D-WVA], an outspoken critic of the EPA.In 2008, Obama said this:
When I was asked earlier about the issue of coal…under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket…even regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad, because I’m capping greenhouse gasses, coal power plants, natural gas…you name it…whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was, they would have to retro-fit their operations.The public revolted. Congress refused to give the authority to allow it. He did it anyway.Remember Joe Biden says there will be “no coal plants in America?” The EPA said their new (unconstitutional) regulations will create jobs but the National Economic Research Associates (NERA) said for every one job created, four will be lost.Jobs…thousands of jobs gone.
7) Obama’s Affordable Care Act mandates every American will purchase healthcare or be penalized, even though it is clear the mandate is unconstitutional under the maligned and misused Commerce Act. It received so much publicity, and the Act was so clearly wrong, that the administration’s own attorneys decided arguing in court that they have the right to mandate.Now their argument is that the mandate is a tax, and Congress has the right to tax. Courts are coming down against them right and left, (see more here and here) but this presidency dons it’s arrogant Kevlar mail and marches on. His administration is continuing to implement the Affordable Care Act.The legal costs to taxpayers to defend themselves against this man and health care are astronomical. In the meantime, the administration is refusing to fast-track the case to the Supreme Court.
8) The bailouts were clearly unconstitutional.
No money shall be drawn from the treasury, but in consequence of appropriations made by law. Article 1, Section 9, Clause 7 U.S. Constitution.
The U.S. government does not have the authority to spend taxpayer funds to buy a position in privately-owned companies. They simply do not have the authority, and Congress does not have the authority to grant that authority to the Executive branch.There attempts made to get the Democrat-controlled Congress to introduce legislation for the bailout funds. No one would touch it, but it happened anyway.
A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government, and a government without a constitution is power without right.’ ‘A constitution is a thing antecedent to a government; and a government is only the creature of a constitution.’ ~ Thomas Paine. Listen up – Democrat and Republicans. Listen up:
“…operating the government without the Constitution “is a power without right.”
There is no room for empathy when justice is blind and the poor and the rich have equal rights in the sight of the law of the land. While the U.S. Constitution does not provide the oath for a Supreme Court Justice, it does state that others “shall be bound by an oath or affirmation to support this constitution.”
Which takes me back to today’s Democrats and the matter of impeachment. Why isn’t it happening?
…when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.
Because today’s Clinton Democrats are not your Mamma’s Democrats, stalking the halls of the once, most august and admired governance in the world, we are a laughing stock. The world sees us for who and what we are, weak and corrupt – willing to ransom the freeist government by and for the people ever known in the world, in exchange for a high-end government pension and fat speaking fees.Hmmmm........HEAR,HEAR !Read and see the full story here.
- Obama unveils jobs plan -- for illegal aliens.(DougRoss).Amnesty Doubleheader: not only will White House bring a halt to most deportations of illegals, it will also grant them... work permits. If the administration has implemented a more cynical and lawless attempt to garner votes than this, I have yet to hear of it. The good news: I'm sure most unemployed Americans will not find comfort in the President's latest 'jobs plan'. According to a Wall Street Journal report, illegal aliens will be eligible to receive work permits if their deportation is deferred through the Obama Administration's new policy. Yesterday, the Administration announced that the Department of Homeland Security will review all deportation cases on a case-by-case basis and only deport illegal aliens who have been convicted of crimes...
...Illegal aliens living in the United States typically don't apply for work permits for fear of deportation, but under the new policy, they could apply for work permits if granted deferred action or parole and compete with 22 million Americans who can't find a full-time job.Though "comprehensive immigration reform" and other legislative forms of amnesty for illegal aliens has never passed Congress, the President has assumed powers that could almost be termed 'dictatorial'; he has bypassed the legislative process to achieve the same end result. The Obama Administration announced on Thursday that it will individually review the 300,000 cases of illegal aliens currently holding deportation orders in an effort to appease his pro-amnesty critics and last year's record number of deportations. The Administration deported 400,000 illegal aliens last year -- less than half had been convicted for other crimes. Pres. Obama is pledging to halt deportations of non-criminal illegal aliens. Illegal aliens that are considered low-priority deportations will no longer be the focus, including young people who were brought to the U.S. as children, military veterans and spouses of military personnel. Hmmmm......I will not rest before every American is looking for a job?Read the full story here.
- Egypt stocks crash as anti-Israel protests continue over Sinai fallout.(Bikyamasr).CAIRO: Egypt’s Stock Market saw its sharpest drop in more than a week as protests at the Israeli Embassy in Cairo continued for a third consecutive day following a deadly shoot-out that saw five Egyptian soldiers and policemen killed by Israeli defense forces on Thursday.According to statistics coming out of the markets on Sunday, Orascom Telecom – the largest mobile company in North Africa – saw a 2.4 percent fallout, while al-Arafa Investments and Consulting, a company which uses Israeli products, dropped 3.4 percent, the biggest intraday decline since August 9. Bloomberg news agency reported that the index had dropped 3.4 percent through the morning trading session.“This drop is clearly due to the political tensions in Sinai,” said Tamer Nigm, head of sales and trading at Cairo-based Watheeqa Securities Brokearage. “There are fears that the situation may escalate.”Israel on Saturday said that it “regrets” the deaths of Egyptian soldiers and policemen along the Gaza border in the Sinai peninsula.The statement from Israel’s Defense Minister Ehud Barak came after the Egyptian government recalled its ambassador from Tel Aviv over the violence, which has seen massive protests erupt at the Israeli Embassy in Egypt.Barak, however, did not confirm that Israeli troops had killed the five soldiers and policemen, but did say that there would be a joint inquiry into the incident with the Egyptian military.The statement comes as Egyptians continued to protest at the embassy in Giza on Saturday.The protest was sparked by the death of five Egyptian soldiers that many believe were killed by Israeli armed forces in a gun battle between Israeli forces and Egyptian masked gunmen.Many Egyptians began chanting “God is great” and calling on the government to take a firmer stance against the Jewish state.There was euphoric cheering when an Egyptian man scaled a building across the street and planted a flag at the top of the fire escape. The general call remained the same throughout the day and into the night: Israel must pay.Other chants included, “give us guns, send us to Sinai.”The crowd was comprised of men and women, young and old. Many had taken their children, some as young as two-years-old. One Egyptian father told Bikyamasr.com he brought his child, a five-year-old girl with the Egyptian flag painted on her cheeks and a smile plastered on her face, because “the children need to see this. See what is happening. This fight is their fight too.”There was some kind of scuffle late in the evening, as a soldier was seen being dragged out of the front lines by four other soldiers unconscious, although it is unclear what happened.Protesters had managed to storm the barricades, tearing down the massive concrete pillars and inching ever closer to the entrance of the building.At least 12 to 15 armored personnel carriers could be seen in the area; four on the roads surrounding the building and another four or five covering the entrance to the complex itself, with many more scattered along the different entrances.Meanwhile, from within the apartment complexes in and around the embassy building, families and individuals could be seen huddled around the window looking down. The building itself was effectively been cordoned off and hundreds of protesters were still situated there Saturday morning.The Egyptian Prime Minister released a statement demanding an apology from Israel and on his Facebook page he commented on the situation saying that “what was tolerated in pre-evolution Egypt will not be in post revolution Egypt.”The Cabinet then, early Saturday morning, issued a statement saying they had expelled the Israeli ambassador over the incident, but then quickly backtracked and said the statement was a “mistake.”Either way, the anger directed at Israel is growing and Egyptians have found another outlet for their growing anger at the military junta.Hmmmm.....Perhaps the Obama regime should donate them more Billions of dollars and tanks?Read the full story here.
- Barak warns enemies to be 'decapitated'.(Ynet).Defense Minister Ehud Barak visited an Iron Dome battery in the south on Sunday, and said the IDF would continue to go after those who are attacking Israel."The IDF is hitting the terrorists hard, and will continue to operate as needed," he told the troops in the area. "The heads of the Popular Resistance Committees who sent the attackers were killed with swift and powerful action. Since then, we have launched dozens of attacks against members of the Islamic Jihad and Hamas."Those who operate against us will be decapitated," he added. Since Thursday's terror attacks the IDF says it has killed 12 terrorists residing in the Gaza Strip – seven belonging to the PRC, five of whom are said to have been involved in planning the attacks, three Islamic Jihad gunmen, and two Hamas members.Barak also commended the Iron Dome system, noting that the percentage of missiles intercepted by the batteries in recent days is "relatively high.""Of course there are things that need fixing," he noted.According to Barak, two Iron Dome missile defense batteries are currently operational, and another one is expected to be set up within weeks. Within two years, nine such systems are to be available for IDF use. The defense minister said the attacks on the south might last a few more days. Meanwhile, a senior defense establishment official told Ynet that the conclusion of the attacks on the south is not yet in sight. "We cannot know where the (escalation in the south) is going," he said. "The Palestinians have been hit hard since Thursday. (Hezbollah chief) Nasrallah said that he wouldn't kidnap soldiers if he would know the outcome - that's how it is today." Other senior defense establishment officials rejected claims that Israel is holding back in responding to the rocket fire. "We activated our systems to hit those who are firing the rockets," one official said. "Those who were firing have been hit. It's not a small matter, it was highly successful." According to the officials, the conclusion of the fire exchanges depends on Hamas. "Now we must decide what is to be done next," one official said. "Hamas says one thing, and then says something else. They don’t want to get hit by another Operation Cast Lead. They understand. The eight-minister forum decided yesterday to wait and see what Hamas does… Hamas will set the pace, and Israel will act accordingly." Earlier, political sources addressed the relative calm that followed the barrage of rockets fired on Beersheba on Sunday morning, and said a restrained response was meant to prevent further escalation. But if the attacks don't stop, "all of the options are on the table", one source said. A senior political official denied reports that a ceasefire is being negotiated. "There are sources that transfer all kinds of messages, but we decided that we will not negotiate a ceasefire," he said. "The policy so far has been one of deterrence. If Hamas is quiet, Israel will remain quiet as well."It is currently unclear whether the situation is about to calm down," he added. Palestinian sources reported earlier that a ceasefire deal is being discussed in Cairo. A senior Islamic Jihad official said that Palestinian factions gathered to negotiate a ceasefire, and the Maan News Agency reported that the Gaza authorities plan to announce that the rocket fire is to stop at 9pm. Jerusalem officials said they are not familiar with such plans.Hmmmm....when you're dealing with a 'rabid' dog, you put it out of his misery.Read the full story here.
- 'Ground operation in Gaza possible' (YNet).Vice Premier and Minister for Regional Development Silvan Shalom toured the south on Sunday, as Gaza Strip's terror group continued their nonstop rocket fire on the area's communities Shalom addressed the escalation in the south during a visit to Soroka University Medical Center in Beersheba, where he looked in on those wounded in Saturday's barrage: "The deterrence has exhausted itself. We'll need to respond, and we're not ruling out the possibility of a ground operation," he said."We cannot abide this situation, where a million Israelis are under the costant threat of rocket fire."Members of the Knesset's Defense and Foreign Affairs Committee also toured the area on Sunday. Committee chairman and former IDF chief Shaul Mofaz (Kadima) said that "Israel must decide – will we continue with this intolerable reality of a war of attrition, or will we strive for an unequivocal decision with regards to Hamas, including targeting its leaders and infrastructure, with aim of toppling its reign in Gaza."Any decision made by the government with aim of rehabilitating the State of Israel's power of deterrence vis-à-vis Hamas, which has dissipated over the past few years, will be approved by the Knesset," Mofaz said."It's not right that over one million citizens cannot go about their normal lives. We must change this equation, where Hamas tells us what to do, because this past week's terror attacks are some of the worst the State of Israel has ever known."Be'er Tuvia's Regional Council Head Dror Shor attended the meeting as well, noting that the have been preparing for the upcoming school year opening next week, wondering whether it would be wise to open the schools given the recent escalation. "Some of the communities put up portable shelters independently. It's not a bad idea, securing 30 to 40 people," he said. "It's pretty frustrating to know that we have deterrence equipment such as Iron Dome – but that getting supplies is a matter of budget," said Committee member MK Avi Dichter. Kiryat Malachi Mayor Motti Malka informed committee members that there are many factories surrounding his city, containing tons of hazardous materials which he said could cause a catastrophe should they be hit by a rocket.MK Meir Sheetrit noted that "once a battery will be placed, it will lesson the anxiety of the public. Changes must be made in the State's priorities."Dichter added that authority heads must place portable shelters in the streets, explaining it's not a very complicated or expensive thing to do. "It's frustrating to see children in schools where the have no place to run, hiding under tables. It's embarrassing. Eventually we'll have to look them in the eyes." Read the full story here.
- No Doubt About It: “They Are Setting the Stage for Violence In This Country”(SHTF).At the Ames Iowa straw poll a member of Minnesota Change asked Dr. Ron Paul his thoughts on HR 645 the National Emergency Centers Establishment Act.The answer provided is shocking to say the least, especially coming from an active member of Congress and one who has time and again proven himself to be a trustworthy and knowledgeable resource:
I know that’s their goal. They’re setting up the stage for violence in this country.No doubt about it.-Ron Paul, August 2011
While the bill itself has not become law, it attempted to address certain aspects of emergency mobilizations, including the establishment of emergency detention centers.It has already been established with 100% certainty that “emergency centers” are in existence throughout the United States and they number in the hundreds. Some of the larger centers, often referred to as detention camps and/or refugee relocation facilities, can house upwards of 50,000 people.HR 645 may not have become law, but it doesn’t have to. The President of the United States, via executive order, can declare a national emergency (and will when the time is right and necessary), implement martial law, and execute emergency procedures as outlined in HR 645 and a host of other procedures without any say so from Congress or the American people.There is absolutely no reason that hundreds of acres of land, millions of dollars, and thousands of man hours would have been spent for no reason. Someone, somewhere plans on populating these facilities at some point in the near future.Given recent events around the globe and the fact that the US government and military are actively war-gaming large scale economic breakdown and civil unrest we, like Dr. Paul, have no doubt that the stage is being set.Hmmmm......Dictatorship raising?He will not let go of Power.Read the full story here.
- Black Panther, Harvard Professor, Attorney for Henry Louis Gates, Jr., and Personal Mentor to Barack and Michelle Obama — Charles Ogletree Hosts Obama at “Social Event”.(WZ).OAK BLUFFS, Mass. (AP) — President Barack Obama has dropped in on his friend and former law school professor, Charles Ogletree, as he continues his Martha’s Vineyard vacation.The president spent most of Saturday at his rented compound on the island. But in the early evening, he was driven by motorcade to Ogletree’s home in Oak Bluffs for what the White House called a “social event.” Aides declined to provide details of the evening, which came a day after Ogletree helped sponsor a Democratic fundraiser at nearby Union Chapel.Ogletree is a Harvard Law School professor and authority on race and politics who became Obama’s mentor during his time at the school. Former students also include first lady Michelle Obama. She was not attending the event, but White House adviser Valerie Jarrett was.Hmmmm.....Preparing the racial riots who will appear spontaneously all over America?Read the full story here.
- Rep. Maxine Waters: 'The tea party can go straight to hell'.(LATimes).Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Los Angeles) came out swinging against Republicans in Congress on Saturday as she addressed the unemployed during a forum in Inglewood.The event occurred a day after new statistics were released showing that California's jobless rate last month went up to 12%, from 11.8%. California now has the second-highest rate of unemployment in the nation, trailing only Nevada at 12.9%, and its jobless rate is well above the U.S. average of 9.1%.Waters vowed to push Congress to focus on creating more jobs. "I'm not afraid of anybody," said Waters. "This is a tough game. You can't be intimidated. You can't be frightened. And as far as I'm concerned, the 'tea party' can go straight to hell."More than 1,000 people attended "Kitchen Table Summit," which was designed to give the jobless an opportunity to vent to elected officials and share their struggles about finding a job.KABC-TV quoted speakers talking about living without medical insurance and surviving paycheck to paycheck."Thank God I am healthy because a medical illness would bankrupt me," said Regina Davis of Inglewood.Congresswomen Laura Richardson and Karen Bass also attended. Several people urged the representatives to push for a national jobs program.According to the Employment Development Department, California employers added just 4,500 new jobs last month, a steep drop from the revised 30,400 jobs added in June.Hmmmm......Get ready for a 'race war'instead of an 2012 election campaign?Read the full story here.
- See? About Facebook? What I said....(GraniteRock).Facebook Removes Arizona Governor Jan Brewer's Post Criticizing New Immigration Policy Set By President Obama's AdministrationThis from Fox News Radio at 550 KFYI via Drudge Report. Consider: There are millions upon millions of postings on Facebook, every day! But only THIS posting, among the millions, gets "accidentally" deleted...aka "censored." I hate statist organizations...and Facebook appears to be one of them.Paul Davenport - Associated Press.PHOENIX (AP) - Facebook said Friday it mistakenly removed a post in which Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer criticized a controversial policy decision by President Barack Obama's administration to limit deportations of illegal immigrants.The Republican governor had said in a post Friday that Facebook censored the item she posted Thursday because it apparently violated Facebook's community standards.Brewer didn't elaborate in her post, but she said Friday in an interview that an email she received from Facebook said the post was removed because of an included illustration.The email, which she read aloud, didn't specify how the illustration violated standards."I'd like to know why it happens,'' she said of the removal.Facebook spokesman Andrew Noyes responded to a query by The Associated Press by saying in a brief email that Brewer's post was removed in error and that Facebook was sorry.Noyes did not provide further details, including whether the removal of the post on Thursday resulted from complaints received from other Facebook users.Brewer reposted the item Friday, saying the original post was "censored'' by Facebook. Both versions included a statement in which she criticized the Obama policy decision and the illustration, a color drawing of Brewer in a Rosie the Riveter pose.Brewer used the drawing in her 2010 election campaign. Its headline of "doing the job the feds won't do'' refers to Brewer's clashes with Obama's administration on immigration and border issues."Something that's been posted on there a lot of times,'' Brewer said of the illustration during the interview.Obama's administration said Thursday it would allow many illegal immigrants facing deportation the chance to stay in the United States and apply for a work permit. Deportations would focus on convicted criminals and those who might be threats to national security or public safety, the administration said."I think many of you will agree with me - Obama's backdoor amnesty plan violates American standards of following the rule of law and the U.S. Constitution,'' Brewer's latest post said.Hmmmm......"Facebook or Obamabook?"Read the full story here.
- USDA Signs MOU with Rockefeller’s Council of Foundations to Exploit Rural America.(FoodFreedom).On Friday, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced that USDA has signed an agreement with the Council on Foundations “to provide new sources of capital, new job opportunities, workforce investment strategies,” and, last on the list but the heart of it: “identification of additional resources.”The group will work with Obama’s newly created Rural Council, which Vilsack also chairs, to implement UN Agenda 21 – a 300-page, 40-chapter, “soft-law” policy that came out of the UN Conference on Environment and Development in Brazil in 1992.Though couched in eco-friendly motives, Agenda 21 will “severely limit water, electricity, and transportation- even deny human access to our most treasured wilderness areas, it would monitor all lands and people. No one would be free from the watchful eye of the new global tracking and information system,” wrote Berit Kjos in 1998. (Patrick Wood believes that today’s smart grids are doing just that, and gives an excellent 40-minute speech here.) Ironically, the Secretary made the announcement while hosting a White House Rural Forum at the Iowa State Fair, the same day news broke about how the USDA lied to farmers and ranchers about federal drought insurance. Vilsack has refused to pay up during the worse drought in US history.Neither Obama’s Rural Council nor the Council on Foundations include farmers and ranchers. This is a corporate-federal assault on the country. Combined, they are moving to achieve the long-planned Agenda 21, which the Rockefellers designed, as a means of getting people off the land so that corporate interests can have direct access to resources to use as they wish.Hmmmm......The bankers and the 'Despotic King'?Read the full story here.
- Turkish air assaults on Kurds kill seven civilians.(Firat).KANDIL – Turkey's air strikes have once more targeted civilians during the air assaults on Kandil. As a result of the bombing of a civilian vehicle, six people including two women and childs have been reported dead. According to information received, the warplanes bombing the region targeted on Kurtekê way a vehicle of civilians who were escaping from the bombardment in their village. While one of the two children was yet not even a year-old, the bodies were reportedly dismembered due to the explosion. Among the casualties, the names of two were reported as Imam Hussein and Omar Bazid. Warplanes are continuing to bomb Benê and Muslok regions. Meanwhile, warplanes are reportedly flying over Zap region which has been bombed this morning besides Metina and Gare regions. The names of the casualities have been determined as follows;Hasan Mustafa Hasan (Father) - Mer Haci Mam (Mother)- Rezan Hüseyin Mustafa (34) - Zana Hüseyin Mustafa (11) -Oskar Hüseyin (10) - Sonya Şemal Hasan (4) - Solin Şemal Hasan (6-months)Hmmmm........Erdogan Started 'reforms'like Assad?Read the full story here.
- Plane crash in Canadian Arctic kills 12.(Al-Yazeera).Three survivors, one in critical condition, taken to hospital after charter flight crashes in Canada's far north.At least 12 people have been killed and three others injured after a chartered Boeing 737-200 plane crashed in Canada's Arctic region, police say.The crash on Saturday happened as the aircraft was approaching the airport in Resolute Bay, home to one of Canada's most northerly communities.Residents of the tiny hamlet in the Arctic territory of Nunavut and soldiers from a nearby military exercise rushed to the scene to try and pull survivors from the flaming wreckage.First Air, which flies to some of Canada's most remote communities, said the plane had 15 people on board, including four crew members, and was travelling from Yellowknife, capital of the Northwest Territories.The accident happened as Stephen Harper, Canada's prime minister, was scheduled to travel to Resolute Bay on Monday for his annual trip to the Arctic.The injured - two adults and a child - were flown to a hospital in the territorial capital of Iqaluit for treatment, police said. One of the adults was in critical condition.Aziz Kheraj, the owner of the South Camp Inn, in Resolute Bay, told the Associated Press news agency by telephone that his two granddaughters were on the plane, but only one of them survived.She was airlifted to a hospital in Iqaluit, the capital of Nunavut.A passerby, who saw the wreckage of the plane as she was returning to town from a camping trip, said: "It's in three different pieces. The wings are still attached. The front and back are separated. And they were picking up pieces of bodies."An airport worker, who would not give his name, said there was a low cloud ceiling at the time of the crash. It lifted about 10 minutes later.Police said late on Saturday that they had recovered two black boxes from the crash site, and that they were sending six forensic identification officers to Resolute.Four of those officers will identify the deceased, the release said, while the remaining two will be dedicated to the accident investigation.Read the full story here, more here.
- New evidence emerges of oil being produced near former Deepwater Horizon site.(Examiner).Over the course of this week, multiple reports have been made of a potential oil leak at or near the Macondo Prospect - the site of last year's Deepwater Horizon drilling disaster. However, BP has denied any knowledge of such a leak and has instead focused media attention on two previously capped wells southwest of the Deepwater Horizon site in the Green Canyon Block of the Gulf of Mexico. In their official report, BP sent an unmanned submarine to check the status of the wells and found only minor activity.New photographs from a flyover conducted on Friday August 19, 2011 by pilot Bonny Schumaker and Gulf Restoration Network photographers Jonathan Henderson and Tarik Zawia tell a different story .Not only is the Macondo field apparently still leaking, there is now a ship that serves as a mobile oil production platform stationed directly on top of it.The ship photographed by Henderson and Zawia appears to be none other than the Helix Producer I, commissioned to the Deepwater Horizon site last June to help process oil flowing from the deepwater well.Helix Producer I is a ship-shaped floating production and offloading vessel, capable of handling about 45,000 barrels of oil per day. The oil production vessel has a buoy that can be connected to a deep water well and can be released from the hull, allowing the vessel to move out of the way of approaching hurricanes. It is operated by the Helix Energy Solutions Group.Oddly, the Helix Producer I is officially listed as being at coordinates 27.73005° / -91.10807° (Map) - nearly 170 miles to the southwest of the site it was photographed on Friday.It is highly unusual that BP has remained absolutely silent about the presence of this oil production vessel near the former Deepwater Horizon site. This is especially interesting because of their outright denial of any activity in the Macondo field this week.The photographs also show what appear to be plumes of oil underwater as well as strange "globs" of an oily substance at the surface. It is currently unknown how long the Helix Producer I has been working above the Macondo, but there is one thing that BP may find hard to deny: it is apparently either producing oil or perhaps working to seal a leak at the site of last year's catastrophic spill.Narrative of the flyover can be found by clicking here.Hmmmm......Oooooh boy i hope it doesn't end up at Marthas Vineyard.Read and see the full story here.
- Hamas Spokesman: The Al-Qassam Brigades Have Ended the Hudna, Are Ready for a Confrontation with Israel.(Memri).Hamas spokesman Mushir Al-Masri stated that the 'Izz Al-Din Al-Qassam Brigades, the organization's military wing, had ended the hudna (truce) with Israel after the latter had violated it with its military strikes in Gaza. He said that the Brigades were prepared for and would spearhead any confrontation with Israel and would put an end to Israel's crimes in Gaza.Speaking at Hamas's annual fast-breaking meal in Beirut, 'Ali Baraka, Hamas's representative in Lebanon, reacted to the attacks in Eilat by saying that the Palestinian people had the right to oppose the occupation by all means, including military operations, until Israel withdrew from the Palestinians' lands and holy places. The meal was attended by representatives of Lebanese Parliamentary Speaker Nabih Berri, Lebanese Prime Minister Najib Miqati, and former Lebanese prime minister S'ad Al-Hariri.Hmmm......A giant glass covered parking would be nice to replace the Gaza strip?Read the full story here.
- Palestinian rights body: UN must compel Israel to halt settlements.(YNet).As the situation in the south continues to escalate following last Thursday's multifocal terror attack and the endless barrage of rockets from Gaza, a prominent committee within the UN continues to focus on another matter – Israeli settlements. A United Nations committee on Palestinian rights released a statement Saturday in which it said that the international community needs to take “credible and decisive action” to compel Israel to halt its settlement activity in Palestinian territories.The press release published by the Bureau of the Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People went on to claim that “recent Israeli settlement announcements undermine international efforts aimed at bringing the parties back to negotiations,” as it voiced deep alarm at Israel’s “illegal” approval of 5,200 new housing units in east Jerusalem in August alone. The committee noted that the issues of settlements and Jerusalem are among core issues to be negotiated by the parties. “All unilateral actions by Israel which prejudge the outcome of negotiations by creating fait accompli on the ground have no legal validity.” “While welcoming the recent expressions of concern by the Quartet and other members of the international community, the bureau calls for credible and decisive action to compel Israel to abide by its legal obligations and to protect Palestinian civilians” the committee said. The committee went on to claim that the UN Security Council "bears a special responsibility in this regard.”Hmmmmmm......I'm sure Obama will oblige them and stab Israel in the back in September.Read the full story here.
- Sinai contested: Outlaws, Islamists, Israel and army -Who's fighting who?(Almasryalyoum).ARISH - Moussa al-Delh, a member of Sinai’s influential Tarabeen tribe, was a fugitive before Egypt’s uprising began in January, accused of inciting violence against Egyptian security forces in the peninsula. Now he sits at a café in the center of Arish, the capital of North Sinai Governorate, and praises the military's “purging” campaign.“It is important to understand that the army is mainly targeting Islamists in Sinai, and not Bedouin outlaws, like some claim,” he says, adding that “outlaw” is a pre-revolutionary concept created by the much-resented former State Security Investigation Services.Little is known of whom exactly the military is now fighting in Sinai, or why the fight is taking place. The question of militant Islamist groups operating in the peninsula has been simmering for months, since security there collapsed in the wake of the uprising that brought down former President Hosni Mubarak. The issue boiled over last Thursday, when a coordinated attack in Israel near the Sinai border left eight Israelis dead and then five Egyptian border guards killed in what appeared to be “friendly fire” from the Israeli army.A geopolitically strategic territory, Sinai is a difficult-to-govern expanse of rugged desert at the crossroads of the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip, revolutionary Egypt and Israel. Beyond being a cauldron for local grievances against the Cairo administration from traditional Bedouin tribesmen and outlaws, Sinai has also been a playground for regional rivals, including Israel and Palestinian factions. As of recently, the Egyptian armed forces, previously banned from operating in large numbers due to stipulations in its 1979 peace treaty with Israel, joined the confusion by entering Sinai in full force. The United Nations peacekeeping force in the area says that Israeli troops entered the territory on Thursday.Egypt’s interim cabinet issued a statement on Friday saying that the current security measures in Sinai are internal issues that have nothing to do with the attacks inside Israel. “They strictly target local outlaws,” the statement said.For Ayoub, the Salafi sheikh and former member of al-Takfeer wal Hijra, the military campaign is an excessive show of force without a clear reason. “I don’t think there is a danger that requires having 2000 troops, 250 tanks and four planes in Sinai,” he says. What exactly makes an outlaw an outlaw remains unclear.Read the full story here.
- Turkish attacks on Kurds - Human shields at the border, carrying a banner ‘We are walking for resistance against fascism’.(Firat).Thousands of human shields, including BDP district and provincial chairs and mayors came Diyarbakır, Batman, Siirt, Urfa, Mardin and their districts, gathered in Balveren district of Şırnak. The demonstrators, led by the Peace Mothers Initiative, started to walk towards the border to stop the aerial attacks and increasing military operations in Federal Kurdistan Region. The demonstrators were after a while later blocked with armed military vehicles by soldiers of the Borders Post. Peace Mothers Initiative, carrying a banner ‘We are walking for resistance against fascism’, made a statement here. Initiative Member Bedriye Ertak said the followings; “We are the human shields against the prevention of Ocalan’s meeting with his lawyers, military operations and the aerial attack. We condemn the bombing carried out while we are demanding peace. Even if they arrest or kill all of us, we will not return until the operations are ended.”Human shields keep waiting before the soldiers’ barricade.Read the full story here.
- Turkey after Three Hundred years only 65 women shelters in the whole country!First women’s shelter in Turkey: the Ottoman ladies’ tekke .(TodaysZaman).Last week there was much debate surrounding remarks made by Fatma Şahin, the minister for family and social policies, regarding women’s shelters.Şahin has gone one step further for abused women, mentioning that there would be reforms implemented in the issue of women’s shelters. The most discussed of the minister’s statements was a change under consideration to a law which stipulates that shelters can be opened in cities/districts with a population of over 50.000. Şahin says this law will be amended and that shelters will without exception be established in every district and city with a population greater than 50,000.In Turkey, where violence against women increases by the day, opening more women’s shelters is important, especially given that there are only 65 shelters for women in the entire country. Failing to do anything about the plight of women and even being unaware of this is a terrible shortcoming for the country, considering the fact that first women’s shelter in Turkey was opened the 18th century during the days of the Ottoman Empire. The name of this shelter was Hatuniye Dergahı, or women’s dervish convent.An article by Gökçen Beyinli Dinç published in Turkish magazine Aktüel discusses the Hatuniye Dergahı, which was discovered by Fatma Sedes, an architect who was doing research for the Foundation for the Protection of Historical Heritage in Turkey at the time she came upon the building, after which it was restored by the municipality. Now as a result of Şahin’s statements regarding women’s shelters, the building, which was in disrepair until 2010, has gained the public’s attention.The Hatuniye Dergahı in Eyüp was a women’s shelter in the Ottoman Empire for almost 100 years, helping women who were beaten or in a difficult situation. At the shelter women could learn a craft, and those who suffered from psychological disorders would be treated and rehabilitated. The shelter also acted as a nursing home for old women. It could host up to 100 women at any one time.Hmmm.........Women abuse in Turkey as abundant as a sand in the desert?Read the full story here.
- Iranian Authorities Confiscate Thousands of Copies of New Testament.(Memri).Majid Abhari, advisor to the Iranian Majlis Social Affairs Committee, stated that the Iranian authorities had confiscated 6,500 copies of the New Testament as part of their fight against the attempts of Christian proselytizers to convert Iranian youth.Hmmmm........No word from the OIC chairman on persecution of religion?Read the full story here.
- Senior IUMS Member: It Is Permissible to Kill any Zionist on Egyptian Soil.(Memri).In an August 19 protest rally outside the Israeli embassy in Cairo, attended by some 200 Muslim Brotherhood members, Dr. Saleh Sultan, a shari'a lecturer at Cairo University and head of the Jerusalem Committee of the International Union of Muslim Scholars (IUMS), said that any Egyptian meeting a Zionist on Egyptian soil is entitled to kill him, just like Israel killed the Camp David Accords.Hmmmm......"Kill the Jews" while receiving Billion of Dollars from the Obama regime?Read the full story here.