Monday, June 13, 2011
- Syria Live Blog - June 13. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Libya Live Blog - June 13. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Yemen Live Blog - June 13 . Here. (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan today 5.0, New Zealand several between 4.6 and 6.0 ! More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 129.Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- Europe - Latest official Situation Update on E-Coli epidemic - 54 - On 13.06.2011 at 03:54 GMT+2
At least 35 people have died from the E. coli outbreak in Germany amid government warnings that more fatalities are expected. The source has long been identified: organic sprouts from a farm in the north of the country. Germany's health minister said Sunday at least 35 people had died of complications caused by the rare E. coli strain that has spread from Germany throughout Europe. "More fatalities cannot be ruled out, painful as it is to say," Health Minister Daniel Bahr told the Bild am Sonntag newspaper, two days after the source was identified as sprouts grown at an organic farm in the north of the country. "The continuing fall in the number of new infections gives grounds for optimism," The Robert Koch Institute (RKI), Germany's center for national disease protection, said Sunday that, despite the rising death toll, the rate of new infections had continued to abate.
All but one of the 35 deaths from the EHEC (enterohaemorrhagic E. coli) strain have been in Germany, with the other being a woman in Sweden who had recently travelled to Germany. Over 3,200 people have come down with the bacterial illness, with it now having spread to 14 countries in Europe as well as the United States and Canada, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). All but five cases were found in people who lived or had recently visited Germany. In some cases in Germany the bacteria has led to the serious kidney ailment haemolytic uraemic syndrome (HUS), which the WHO has been confirmed in 812 patients.
In Germany, around 100 patients with HUS have suffered such significant kidney damage that they will need organ transplants "or will require dialysis treatment for the rest of their lives," Karl Lauterbach, a health expert for Germany's Social Democrats, told the Bild am Sonntag. "This wave of EHEC and haemolytic uraemic syndrome cases in Germany is the most significant recorded in the world to date," said Nele Boehme, spokeswoman for the Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR). German authorities are now confident on where the outbreak began, having identified vegetable sprouts at an organic farm in Lower Saxony as the source. Various kinds of vegetable sproutsBildunterschrift: Großansicht des Bildes mit der Bildunterschrift: Sprouts are to blame - not necessarily the producer Notwithstanding its responsibility for the outbreak, authorities said the farm in Bienenbüttel, which produced sprouts from produce including lettuce, alfalfa and lentils, had done nothing wrong, with Lower Saxony Agriculture Minister Gert Lindemann even lauding its "high hygiene standards."
The RKI has yet to rescind its warning against bean sprouts, though it has said cucumbers, lettuce, and tomatoes - produce earlier suspected of carrying the mystery pathogen - can once again be eaten without harm. In response to the massive losses incurred by European farmers due to the false alarms, the European Commission has offered a compensation package of 210 million euros ($303 million). Unions in Germany have said the aid is not enough for farmers who have struggled for weeks to sell produce - at the height of the cucumber and tomato season. They are calling for damages to the tune of 600 million euros.Source.
- The "Muslims First" Foreign Policy.(Sultanknish).In France, American embassies and consulates have been directed to "empower" Muslim and push for the passage of "social reforms" that will benefit them. In the UK, American diplomats were directed to again "empower" Muslims and made outreach to them a top priority. In Israel, the US consulate in Jerusalem caters only to Muslims and does its best to pretend that Jews and Israel don't even exist. And when Obama visited Greece, what else did he do but push the political and religious authorities to open more mosques and Islamic schools. America's own interests and our obligations to our allies have been put aside to focus on a single goal of overriding importance. Pandering to the Muslim world. It's as if we have no other foreign policy goal anymore beyond keeping Muslims happy.
The United States has its first Special Representative to Muslim Communities in the person of Farah Pandith. We also have Rashad Hussain, a Special Envoy to the Organization of the Islamic Conference. (No relation to Barack Hussein Obama. The name Hussain is common among Muslims as a tribute to Mohammed's grandson, Hussain ibn Ali, the 'Martyr Of Martyrs' in Islam.) Hussain (Rashad, not Barack) had ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, which helped create both Al Qaeda and Hamas, and defended Islamic Jihad leader Sami Al-Arian. Farah Pandith is a Kashmiri Muslim who began her career as Barbara Bush's secretary. But just creating two new Muslim posts in the diplomatic sector isn't enough.
NASA Administrator Bolden told Al Jazeera that the agency's new priority is outreach to Muslims. After gutting NASA and killing its space program, the agency focused on its new top priority by appointing Waleed Abdalati, as its new Chief Scientist. Waleed Abdalati is a twofer, as a Muslim and a Global Warming researcher. So the Obama Administration gets to kill off the space program and replace it with Global Warming junk science headed by a Muslim. It's what the devil would call synergy.The only way we can justify our craven appeasement is through the belief in the discredited Blowback Theory of Muslim violence. The Blowback Theory holds that Muslim violence is only retaliatory. That every time Muslims kill people, it's only because they're retaliating for a wrong done to them. Whether that wrong be a Predator drone taking out a terrorist (who was only retaliating for being yodeled at), Whatever it may be-- the Blowback Theory holds that Muslims are always in the right to kill us. And we're always in the wrong to defend ourselves against being killed.The corollary to the Blowback Theory is the Infinite Muslim Terrorists Theory. The Infinite Muslim Terrorists Theory holds that every Muslim grievance creates new terrorists. Like an angel getting its wings every time a bell rings, the Infinite Muslim Terrorists Theory warns us that every time we offend Muslims, it bring forth new terrorists. And shooting them does no good. Because shooting terrorists only offends Muslims even more. And that generates still more terrorists. Kill a terrorist and four more take his place. And if the process keeps going, there will eventually be more Muslim terrorists in the world than there are Muslims, causing the entire world to implode into the event horizon of a singularity.The paradox of the Infinite Muslim Terrorists Theory is that it insists that the vast majority of Muslims is peaceful, and yet threatens that every single one of those peaceful people can be converted into homicidal maniacs if we're not careful. And when combined with Blowback Theory, it puts the blame for the instant terrorist conversion on us. Like Gremlins that we're afraid of feeding after midnight, we take care to step lightly around Muslims, for fear that they will suddenly turn into monsters bent on killing us. Such thinking might be considered bigoted, but with Blowback Theory we know that if they do turn into homicidal monsters, it will be entirely 100 percent our fault.Project this mode of conduct on a global scale, and this is what our foreign policy looks like. All our envoys to Islam. Our Muslims First foreign policy. Our retrofitting of policymaking at every level to accommodate the whims of the prophet's beard. And for all the cringing and crawling, appeasing and advocating, the violence continues to grow. Because you can end violence by taking a firm stand, not by falling to your knees.Read the full story here.
- Consumers' electric bills likely to rise 40 - 60 % as coal plants close.(ChicagoTribune).Consumers could see their electricity bills jump an estimated 40 to 60 percent in the next few years.The reason: Pending environmental regulations will make coal-fired generating plants, which produce about half the nation's electricity, more expensive to operate. Many are expected to be shuttered.American Electric Power, one of the country's largest coal-burning electricity generators, said Thursday it will retire nearly a quarter of its coal-fueled generating capacity and that it will spend up to $8 billion to retrofit remaining units to meet regulations that start taking effect in 2014. Those moves will have an impact."The sudden increase in electricity rates and impacts on state economies will be significant at a time when people and states are still struggling,'' AEP Chairman and CEO Michael G. Morris said.Exactly how much bills will go up is unclear.Hmmmm....If he really wanted to destroy America would he do anything different?Read the full story here.
- Issa Investigates Project Gunrunner.(NationalReview).President Obama is hiding behind big government in the hopes that a scandal will fade away.Rep. Darrell Issa (R., Calif.) is set to issue a number of subpoenas to federal officials who have ties to “Fast and Furious,” a secret program run by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) that put thousands of semi-automatic firearms into the hands of Mexican drug cartels.Fast and Furious was a new addition to the ATF’s now-defunct “Project Gunrunner” program. It authorized (“pressed” is probably a more accurate word) U.S. gun stores located near the Mexican border to sell thousands of semi-automatic firearms to suspected and known straw-purchasers (those who buy guns for someone who can’t do so legally). The idea, apparently, was that the guns would lead the ATF to the heads of the cartels.But aside from CBS News, the mainstream media hasn’t been all that interested in investigating, and the Obama administration has been stonewalling. Two ATF agents — John Dodson, who is stationed in Phoenix, and Darren Gil, who was forced to retire as the agency’s attaché in Mexico City — became whistleblowers. Both Dodson and Gil have made the scandal public by speaking to CBS and other news outlets. Both agents say the orders for the program to send guns quietly into Mexico came from way over their heads, but neither knows how high up. Just where the idea began is what Representative Issa is hoping to discover. Representative Issa’s investigation has been so stymied by the Obama administration that on June 3, some 31 congressional Democrats wrote to the president to urge him to end the administration’s stonewalling on the Fast and Furious program. In the letter, spearheaded by Rep. Jason Altmire (D., Pa.), the lawmakers called the uncooperative tactics “extremely troubling” and found the Justice Department’s failure to provide information to congressional investigators “equally troubling.” They say Americans deserve “prompt and complete answers.”Perhaps, through Representative Issa’s investigation, we’ll find out how high up the ladder the authorization for Fast and Furious goes. When we do, it just be might be worth recalling that President Obama told a Univision interviewer last March, “Well, first of all, I did not authorize it. Eric Holder, the attorney general, did not authorize it.”Right now it’s amusing that when the Univision reporter asked if President Obama had been informed about the Fast and Furious program, Obama replied, “Absolutely not, this is a pretty big government, the United States government. I got a lot of moving parts.”So, President Obama is hiding behind big government in the hopes that this scandal — a scandal that wouldn’t even be under investigation by Congress if the American public had not handed the U.S. House of Representatives back to the Republicans in November of 2010 — will fade away.Read the full story here.
- Video - Bankrupting America - Is Washington creating our Jobs Crisis?(GraniteRock).Class Of 2011 Faces Highest Unemployment Rate In History: Graduates Face 21.1 Applicants Per Job.Read and see the full story here.
- Why Panetta? Is Slashing Defense the Real End Game Here?(TrevorLoudon).Why does President Barack Obama want Leon Panetta to be Secretary of Defense?Anyone familiar with Panetta’s record as a Congressman in the 1980s knows that Panetta is both a leftist markedly hostile towards the US military establishment.Panetta has no military backgound. he has a Budget background. He was once head of the Office of Budget Management.What does this suggest to you?Was Panetta specifically chosen to oversee large cuts in the US defense budget?At a time when the US is facing Islamic terrorism, an increasingly belligerent China, a resurgent Russia, and an ongoing “red tide” in Latin America, has Leon Panetta been commissioned to take a scythe e to the US Defense budget?By the second or third year of this recession, when stimulus is needed at the bottom, people may begin to discuss cutting the military budget…That, in my opinion sums up what this great game is all about. America’s enemies know that America can only be destroyed if its military is humbled, heavily reduced in size and capability.Americans will only accept the gutting of their military capability, if the economy is so fragile and prospects so dire, that they will be willing to sacrifice national security to ease the economic pain.In the last two years the Obama Administration has done everything it could to indebt and impoverish America and Americans.Now it is time for the socialists to harvest the fruits of their efforts.Leon Panetta, a leftist, with ties to communists, socialists and one degree of separation from several Soviet and/or Chines agents, may well turn out to be the Grim Reaper.Hmmmm.....If he really wanted to destroy America, would he do anything different?Read the full story here.
- Obama appointee says Koran and Islam influenced Jefferson, Founding Fathers; writing book on sharia in US courts.(CreepingSharia).Azizah al-Hibri, Appointee for Member, United States Commission on International Religious Freedom. Azizah al-Hibri is a professor of law at the T. C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond. She is the founding editor of Hypatia: a Journal of Feminist Philosophy, and founder of KARAMAH: Muslim Women Lawyers for Human Rights. Professor al-Hibri has written extensively on issues of Islam and democracy, Muslim women’s rights, and human rights in Islam. Professor al-Hibri has traveled extensively throughout the Muslim world in support of Muslim women’s rights and acted as a consultant to the Supreme Council for Family Affairs in Qatar in the development of that country’s personal status code. She has also guest edited a special volume on Islam by the Journal of Law and Religion and is currently completing a book on the Islamic marriage contract in American courts. Professor al-Hibri received a B.A. from the American University of Beirut, a J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, and a Ph.D. in Philosophy from the University of Pennsylvania.
al Hibri’s Youtube page has the following description of a video series, Dr. Azizah al-Hibri on Islam, Law, and the Concept of Democracy (Part I):
Uploaded by karamah1420 on Oct 16, 2009
"Were the freedoms outlined in the U.S. Constitution influenced by the Quran? Professor Azizah Y. al-Hibri, President of Karamah: Muslim Women Lawyers for Human Rights, Islamic scholar and law professor at the University of Richmond, discusses the influences of the Quran and early Muslim history on Thomas Jefferson and the Founding Fathers. Listen as Dr. al-Hibri explains the implications of the Quran on U.S. Constitutional principles from freedom of religion to the separation of church and state.Hmmmmm....."Outreach to Muslims"...or Changing America's history?Read the full story here.
- Hallelujah! US: Jesuit parish cancels Qu’ran reading.(TeaAndPolitics).“Just having something public is not going to be a big, big deal here, but to have someone come in and read from the Qur’an and to recognize publicly the existence of Islam and to reverence and respect is a good thing for the Church to do,” Father Patrick Earl, SJ, said on May 27. “I’ve heard from Muslim imams about what they and their congregations have suffered just from the fear, the fear of what they call Islamophobia.”
On June 7, Father Earl announced the cancellation of the event; he said that he had been unaware that 2004 Vatican instruction Redemptionis Sacramentum forbade such readings. The document states that “it is strictly to be considered an abuse to introduce into the celebration of Holy Mass elements that are contrary to the prescriptions of the liturgical books and taken from the rites of other religions.”Hmmmm......This just confirms what i always said it’s against the first commandment “You shall have no other Gods before me”.Read the full story here.
- Egypt: Somali terror cell planning attacks in Israel arrested.(Ynet).Egyptian authorities are questioning seven members of an alleged Somali terror cell planning attacks on Western interests in Egypt and Israel, a security official told AFP on Sunday.Authorities detained a Somali, Yussef Ahmed Hassan, at Cairo airport last month after suspecting he was travelling on a forged passport from Morocco, the official said.Hassan was searched and airport officials found dozens of fake passports on him, as well as fake birth certificates, visas and airline tickets. His arrest led to the capture and detention of other members of the group also coming from Morocco, the official said. During questioning, the men had confessed to "planning attacks against Western interests, particularly American interests, in the country."The official said the group also aimed to make contact with Islamist groups in Egypt before "entering the Palestinian territories to carry out attacks against Israel."Read the full story here.
- Syria: Follow The Region?(ElliotAbrams).The violence in Syria is awful to see. Today The New York Times reported that “Backed by tanks and helicopters gunships, Syrian army troops stormed the northern town of Jisr al-Shoughour on Sunday, after a bombardment that left much of the surrounding countryside in ruin and sent refugees fleeing to the nearby Turkish border.” The refugee numbers are heading toward 5,000 and will obviously go higher; the number of unarmed civilians killed by the regime passed 1,000 and is climbing fast. But even the violence of this past week is apparently not awful enough to jolt the Obama Administration out of its failed Syria policy.Secretary of State Clinton, interviewed yesterday in Lusaka, Zambia had this to say: “Syria, for example, is engaging in horrific, revolting attacks on its own people. The region, however, is trying to – behind the scenes – get the government to stop. And they believe that that, at the time, is the best way to go forward. So we listen very closely to what people in the neighborhood, in the region, say.”This is, I suppose, an improvement over the previous view that Assad was a “reformer,” or that (as President Obama put it on May 20) “President Assad now has a choice: He can lead that transition, or get out of the way.”But it is quite stunning that the United States appears unable to call for Assad’s departure—despite “horrific, revolting attacks” on the people of Syria—because “the region” thinks that private pressure on Assad to stop murdering his own citizens is “the best way to go forward.” Secretary Clinton was responding to a question about military intervention, but the United States does not need to choose between that step and silence. The Secretary is also establishing a precedent here that many Americans will find troubling, even astounding: that we pay more attention to “the region” than to our own moral standards. ”The region,” after all, contains regimes that do not permit women to vote, that persecute Christians, that wish the Jewish state would disappear. That is a strange place to look for moral or even political guidance.In any event those approaches to Assad have achieved nothing; the regime has killed Syrians at an increasing pace. This is no time for “leading from behind.”How many peaceful demonstrators have to die, how many refugees have to flee, how many days of military attacks on the people of Syria by the criminal Assad mafia in Damascus must be endured before the United States will call for Assad to go?Hmmmmm......Is Assad's friend Erdogan dictating Obama's policy?Read the full story here.
- Saudi airline accused of serving “donkey meat”.(Emirates247).Former airline official says some of the imported meat is diseased or donkey meat.Saudi Arabian Airlines could have served its passengers donkey meat, ignoring warnings by a local government food control body that imported meat from Tunisia could be diseased or is donkey meat.A Saudi Airlines executive made the accusations in a television interview this week, prompting many Saudis to write to local newspapers calling for the prosecution of those responsible for such an act.Abdullah Al-Bubou, a former senior inspector at the supply division in the Airlines, said Saudi Arabia’s General Food and Drugs Authority had repeatedly warned the airlines to stop import of foodstuffs from Tunisia and serving them on its aircraft following reports on the spread of diseases among cattle in that Arab country.“There were also reports about widespread sale of donkey and horse meat in Tunisia….but the Saudi Arabian Airlines did not heed that warning,” Bubou said in the interview on Rotana Khaleeji television.“This has prompted the Authority to stop all the meat and other food items imported by the airlines from Tunisia…but after nearly one month, these food items appeared on board Saudi aircraft, including meat without certificates of origin… the stuff could be diseased or donkey meat… the problem is that they (Saudi Airlines) started to opt for foodstuffs that are about to expire as they are cheaper,” he said, quoted by Saudi Arabic language newspapers.Bubou, a Saudi, blamed newly-appointed non-Saudi officials in the airline for such acts, which he said served their interests.“As a result, the quality of food served aboard Saudi Arabian aircraft has largely declined over the past few months and has become almost unfit for human consumption… but as you see, they still insist on serving these diseased meals,” he said, adding that he has documents supporting his accusations.“I have evidence to all what I say not only about the supply division in Saudi Arabia but in Cairo…one day, a consignment of donkey meat arrived in Cairo for the zoo there and at the same time, another shipment for the supply division arrived….tests showed this meat is similar to donkey meat yet it was later served for the passengers aboard Saudi Arabian aircraft.”“I would rather travel from Riyadh to Jeddah aboard a donkey than eat a donkey aboard a Saudi aircraft,” a reader commented.Read the full story here.
Sunday, June 12, 2011
- Syria Live Blog - June 12. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Libya Live Blog - June 12. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Yemen Live Blog - June 12 . Here. (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan today 4.9 ! More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 129.Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- Europe - Latest official Situation Update on E-Coli epidemic - 52 - Source.
- The Islamic Anchor Baby.(Sheikyermami).Does anyone have a map printed in 1961 or 1962 showing Kenya on it?The problem with this ‘new’ birth certificate Obama’s, is that it’s, well….new. It lists his birthday as August 4, 1961, then lists his father’s native country as Kenya. The problem with that is Kenya didn’t exist until 1963; it was British East Africa or East Africa Protectorate until then.It also lists the hospital of his birth as Kapi’olani Maternity and Gynecological Hospital, which didn’t exist until 1978. Prior to that time it was Kauaikeolani Children’s Hospital.Also………at this time, 1961, they were still recorded as ‘ negro’. The term “African American” had not yet been coined in the interest of political correctness.Hmmmmm......Now if this was Palin every press in the country would be running it on the frontpage!Read the full 'story' here.
- Religion of Peace :“They want to create a docile brand of Islam but it is not going to happen.”(DailyStar).ISLAMIST fanatic Abu Izzadeen last night vowed to publicly confront Home Secretary Theresa May if she travels to Muslim areas to promote the Government’s counter-terrorism regulations.The preacher – who has served a jail sentence for inciting hatred and raising funds for terrorism – hit the headlines in 2006 when he heckled then Home Secretary John Reid.But days after Mrs May launched a fresh crackdown on home-grown terror, dubbed the Prevent Strategy, Izzadeen promised to challenge her “face to face” as she tries to stop the spread of radical Islam across the UK.Last night the 35-year-old said: “If they are willing to put these issues on the table and discuss them I am more than ready.“Wherever she will be next I will be dressed in white so she will be able to recognise me.“This is a re-hash of a failed policy.”Izzadeen’s sidekick Anjem Choudary, 43, former head of banned Islamist group al-Muhajiroun, said: “This is a challenge to our ideology and our religion.“We will be going from area to area, wherever the Government is going to put more money, and we will radicalise the youth before the Government gets there.“There are many institutions and mosques on the Government’s payroll. This is blood money.Hmmmm.......It's more than high time that the UK government cleans up this 'mess'.Read the full story here.
- Thank you for the invitation......Obama Regime Stabs Britain in the Back on Falkland Islands.(Rightwingnews).It’s official: under the treacherous foreign policy of the Obama Administration, the US government has become an enemy of America’s closest ally, Great Britain:Washington signed on to a “draft declaration on the question of the Malvinas Islands” passed by unanimous consent by the General Assembly of the Organisation of American States (OAS) at its meeting in San Salvador [Tuesday], an issue which had been heavily pushed by Argentina. In doing so, the United States sided not only with Buenos Aires, but also with a number of anti-American regimes including Hugo Chavez’s Venezuela and Daniel Ortega’s Nicaragua.The declaration calls for Argentina and Great Britain to enter into negotiations over the sovereignty of the Falklands, a position which London has long viewed as completely unacceptable. It also comes in the wake of increasing aggression by the Kirchner regime [of Argentina] in the past 18 months, including threats to blockade British shipping in the South Atlantic. …Washington backed a similar resolution in June last year, and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton made it clear in a joint press conference with Cristina Kirchner in Buenos Aires in March 2010 that the Obama administration fully backs Argentina’s calls for negotiations over the Falkands, handing her Argentine counterpart a significant propaganda coup. The State Department has also insultingly referred to the Islands in the past as the Malvinas, the Argentine name for them.It is hugely disappointing that the Obama administration has chosen once again to side not only with the increasingly authoritarian regime in Argentina, but also with an array of despots in Latin America against British interests. Mrs Clinton should be reminded that 255 brave British servicemen laid down their lives in 1982 for the freedom of the Falkland Islanders, who are overwhelmingly British, following the brutal Argentine invasion.His petty insults (returning Churchill’s bust, giving a conspicuously crappy and unusable gift to the PM, etc.) have escalated to potentially inflicting permanent geopolitical damage, even forcing Britons to live under autocratic Argentine rule.Barack Hussein Obama II has made it obvious that he identifies more with Kenya, his ancestral homeland, than with America. Britain’s attempts to introduce civilization to Kenya did not always go smoothly. The savage Mau Mau rebellion could not be repressed without harsh measures. Now the Manchurian Moonbat is taking his revenge on behalf of his forefathers.Read the full story here.
- I Can’t Stand it Anymore! (WhitehouseDossier).President Obama, who rarely goes to Camp David but went there Friday for the weekend, has had enough.The White House informs us that Obama will bolt Camp early this morning, heading by helo to Andrews Air Force Base at 8:30 am.And at Andrews, as we know, there is a golf course. And while the White House for some reason never puts Obama’s golf on the schedule, I assume that’s where he’s headed – as opposed to, say, the base chapel for prayer or the mess hall for a little breakfast with the troops.Today makes 11 weekends in a row that Obama has gone golfing. It’s his 14th outing this year and the 72nd of his presidency.Mid to upper 70s today in the morning. Nice.Hmmm........Sorry have to get my weekly 'fix'.Anyone has an idea when he last went to church?Read the full story here.More here.
- Forget the AIPAC speech: Obama continues to bully Israel.(IsraelMatzav).If you trusted this man and what he said at AIPAC, you were wrong. He's continuing to bully Israel.Is the U.S. president pressuring Israel to adopt a position that is not its own and diminishes its bargaining position? And what happened to the statements in President Obama’s speech to AIPAC that Israel could not be expected to sit down with those who want to destroy it? After all Hamas has not yet agreed to the Quartet principles (recognize Israel, renounce terrorism and abide by past agreements), nor has Mahmoud Abbas separated himself from the unity government. To the contrary now he is renouncing past agreements including the Oslo Accords, which call for mutually negotiated final borders and prohibit the parties from taking unilateral steps that would impair negotiations.This is a very, very big deal. Former deputy national security adviser Elliott Abrams explained to me Friday evening: “I hope news reports of what the Obama White House is privately demanding of Israel are wrong. If the reports are right, the U.S. is now abandoning the Quartet Principles — and asking Israel to negotiate with a Palestinian side that includes Hamas without Hamas taking one single step away from terror. The Palestinian ‘concession’ if these negotiations start would be to pull the plug on seeking U.N. membership.” Moreover, it is a “concession” with very little meaning. Abrams told me that the Palestinians “can’t get U.N. membership if the U.S. vetoes it, so this looks like a desperate White House effort to avoid having to veto. It would leave Israel negotiating with Abbas in the mornings while he is negotiating with Hamas in the afternoons.Then when he gets the Hamas deal the negotiations will collapse, just like they did last year.” He cracked, “The only thing left of that effort is the memory of Mubarak’s purple-black dyed hair in the East Room.” And like clockwork, Obama’s position now becomes the Palestinians’ latest precondition. It’s almost like they are on the same team.Hmmmmm.....Does anyone even doubt that he speaks for the palestinians and recognise Hamas the Terrorists?It's high time for congress to reel in this 'President'.Read the full story here.
- Union bosses come first for Obama.(WashingtonExaminer).For decades, unions have perpetuated the myth that the interests of Big Labor's bosses and of American workers are identical. A tenuous case for that proposition could be made decades ago when unions represented a third of all private sector workers. But doing so today requires a studied refusal to acknowledge reality when fewer than 7 percent are union members. Nevertheless, President Obama often seems concerned only with serving the interests of the union bosses who are among his most frequent White House guests. It is hardly coincidental that recent economic news has gone from bad to worse. Unemployment is back up to 9.1 percent (more like 20 percent when the count includes the millions who have quit looking for work), manufacturing activity is weakening, housing prices are still falling, job creation is all but stopped except in Texas, and banks are slashing growth forecasts. The American economy, in short, is in desperate need of a jolt.Yet Obama is playing political games by refusing to send already-negotiated free-trade agreements with South Korea, Panama and Columbia to Congress for ratification, even though they would expand overseas sales opportunities for American businesses and create thousands of new jobs here at home. The holdup is that Obama wants to ensure that his labor union buddies get sufficiently bribed for swallowing a trade deal.As outrageous as these actions are, none of them should be surprising, because Obama vowed during the campaign to do the bidding of unions. "I know how much more we can accomplish as partners in an Obama administration," he told the Service Employees International Union as a candidate. "Just imagine what we could do together. Imagine having a president whose life work was your work." Sadly, the work of the Obama-Big Labor alliance is harmful to actual American workers.Hmmmm....Thugocracy or Democracy?Read the full story here.
- DHS Wants to Scan You For Mal-Intent.(DefenceTech).As Kit Up! Editor Christian Lowe describes it, the system, developed by MIT spin-off Draper Labs, (developer of the Inertial Navigation System and employer of my old man during the Apollo moon missions) sounds like it’s a precursor to the tech used in the film, Minority Report. Apparently, it uses cameras, thermal sensors and BioLADAR (creeeeeeepy) to monitor people’s blink rates, facial temperatures, heart beats and respiration. Big Brother’s in the house, ladies and gentlemen!Apparently, the system’s already been field tested at an undisclosed location. It’s being developed into a mobile module that can be deployed to field checkpoints, airports and any other areas where los federales think they need to be on the look out for stressed out commuters (whoops, I mean, suspicious people).These guys are all about behavioral and pattern recognition; and man, just look at their client list. It’s an interesting concept but it can be abused easily and I think a smart terrorist will always find a gap in your defenses.The trick is finding the balance between security measures that deter bad behavior and maintaining an open society (and yes, I figure you all realize this already).Hmmmmm.......Dictatorship or democracy?Read the full story here.
- Syria's army seizes back restive town after mutiny.(TodaysZaman).Elite Syrian troops backed by helicopters and tanks regained control Sunday of a town where police and soldiers joined forces with the protesters they were ordered to shoot - a decisive assault from a government prepared for an all-out battle to keep power.Troops led by the president's brother shelled Jisr al-Shughour as the gunships hovered overhead, paving the way for scores of tanks and armored personnel carriers to roll in from two directions. By early afternoon, the sounds of battle faded. The army was in control.Sunday's developments, and actions by opponents of the Syrian government, marked a major departure from what had been a largely peaceful protest movement. Among them: the discovery of a mass grave filled with uniformed bodies and the increasing willingness of mutineers and outgunned residents to fight back.President Basher Assad's response in Jisr al-Shughour, the first town to spin out of government control since the uprising began in mid-March, mirrored his father's 1980 assault there. It was a clear message to anyone contemplating defiance.Syrians who were among thousands to flee for the nearby Turkish border said about 60 mutineers were defending the town alongside some 200 unarmed residents. Their fate was unknown late Sunday, but the government reported three deaths in the fighting - one of its own soldiers and two unidentified men whose bodies were shown to reporters."The Syrian army is fighting itself," said Muhieddine Lathkani, a London-based Syrian writer and intellectual. "The army's response was strong because they did not want the mutiny to become larger."Troops on Sunday removed 10 uniformed bodies from a mass grave in front of the Military Police building. At least four of the bodies were beheaded or struck on the head with an ax, according to an Associated Press reporter who was invited to accompany the Syrian forces. The building was burned and there were bloodstains in some rooms, which bolstered the reports of the mutiny.Elite forces led by Assad's younger brother, Maher, were ordered to the northern province of Idlib, a possible sign that the military no longer fully trusted its conscripts. The government, which has expelled foreign journalists and keeps tight control over information, unexpectedly invited a few reporters to join the unit, including one from The Associated Press."The situation is very bad," said Abdu, a Syrian who sneaked into the Turkish village of Guvecci, where he came to get bread for his family who had fled and were camped just inside Syria. "We want democracy, we want freedom. We are not afraid of anything anymore."Backed by helicopter gunships and tanks, army units moved in after dismantling explosives planted on roads and bridges leading to Jisr al-Shughour, Syria's state-run news agency SANA said, reporting "heavy" clashes." Residents who fled to Turkey said thousands of young men and the mutinous forces had armed themselves and planted dynamite at the town entrances.By late afternoon, two hours of sporadic explosions and cracks of gunfire had ended. The streets were empty. The roads were marked by burned tires and cement barriers erected by residents to slow the advance.A resident who fled on Sunday said the army shelled Jisr al-Shughour, then tanks and other heavy armor rolled in from two directions. As the troops advanced, he said, they fought about 60 army defectors, whose fate was unknown. He said about 200 unarmed men who were guarding the town are believed to have been either killed or detained. Hmmmm.......Assad busy with 'reforming '.Read the full story here.
Iranian Woman’s Testimony of Rape and Torture.(Persian2English).”When Neda died…the whole world heard about it. But no one knew when they were raping me. When they were burning me w/ cigarettes no one knew…People who are out there, there are ppl like me. They need you…Don’t let ppl like me suffer…I’m 22 but I feel old and I feel like dying. Please stop them…please stop them. How did you help others? Please do it for us too.”Read the full story here.
- Syria Live Blog - June 11. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Libya Live Blog - June 12. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Yemen Live Blog - June 12 . Here. (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan today 4.9 ! More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 129.Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- Europe - Latest official Situation Update on E-Coli epidemic - 52 - On 12.06.2011 at 03:44 GMT+2
The worst of the E. coli outbreak may be over, says Germany's health minister. But despite confirming the source of the bacteria, the woes continue for many sick patients - and especially for European vegetable farmers.German Health Minister Daniel Bahr warned Saturday that the number of deaths from an E. coli outbreak may increase. His statement came even as German authorities lifted their warnings on fresh vegetables. Bahr cautioned that "further deaths are not ruled out, as painful as that is." He said, however, that he was hopeful the worst of the outbreak, which has claimed at least 31 lives in Germany and caused over 3,000 illnesses, was now over. "The wave is gradually abating," Bahr was quoted Saturday as telling the Bild am Sonntag newspaper. "There is reason to hope the worst is now over." German authorities announced Saturday that they located the source of the bacteria. The Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR) confirmed test results announced on Friday that identified bean sprouts in the northern village of Bienenbüttel as carrying the virulent E. coli strain EHEC-0104. "These results are an important step in the chain of evidence," said BfR director Andreas Hensel. Officials investigating an organic farm in northern Germany said on Saturday they do not expect to take legal action against it for causing an E.coli outbreak. "Everything we have looked into until now shows the farm was flawless," said Gert Hahne, spokesman for the consumer protection office of Lower Saxony state, where Bienenbüttel is located. "It is hygienic and followed all the regulations."Source.
- "Guess who's coming to dinner? A dictator.(Mediamatters).During the opening of Fox Business' Follow the Money on Friday, Eric Bolling teased a segment about the White House hosting the president of Gabon by saying, "Guess who's coming to dinner? A dictator. Mr. Obama shares a laugh with one of Africa's kleptocrats. It's not first time he's had a hoodlum in the hizzouse."During the tease, an image appeared of Obama meeting with the Gabonese president, Ali Bongo, at the White House:As Bolling said that Obama had previously hosted "a hoodlum in the hizzouse," footage of the rapper Common aired.The inclusion of Common may not make much sense to people who aren't regular viewers of Fox News -- it's a reference to the right-wing media's ginned-up smear of him as a "'cop killer' rapper" in the days before his recent performance at the White House. Later in the show, Bolling teased the segment again: "Smile for the birdie. Our president's sitting with one of Africa's most wanted. It's not the first time he's had a hood in the big crib."This time, an image of Bongo with a flashing tooth showed up as Bolling said, "Smile for the birdie":Bolling began the segment itself by saying, in part, "So what's with all the hoods in the hizzy? A month after the White House hosted the rapper Common, who glorifies violence on cops, the president opened his doors to one of Africa's most evil dictators. Here's Ali Bongo, the Gabonese president, who's been accused of human rights violations and plundering billions of his country's dollars."During the segment, Human Events editor Jason Mattera declared that "Barack Obama likes to defecate on American allies,"Hmmmm......Inge Bongo:"[Ali] got very violent," she says. Inge claims that witch doctors convinced her husband that something was wrong with her. "he had me kidnapped several times, he had me mutilated, he beat me beyond recognition."Read the full story here.
- White House Insider: Obama’s Rage Over Netanyahu Meeting: "What the F-ck was that?"(Newsflovor).Shortly after the photo-op meeting and “working lunch” with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, the one that saw President Obama openly chastised by the Prime Minister for Obama’s earlier public comments regarding wanting to see Israel return to its 1967 borders, the president verbally “went off” on Richard Daley in the private study area that adjoins the Oval Office. President Obama’s verbal attack was clearly heard by numerous staff up and down the West Wing hallways. The essence of the president’s rage and embarrassment can best be summed up with him yelling out very loudly, “What the f-ck was that!?” That phrase was apparently repeated a number of times in the span of about five minutes, a time period in which Obama’s voice became “louder and louder” and culminating in Obama exclaiming, “Never again! Do you understand me? Never again!” Any response by Bill Daley back to the president, if given, was not overheard.Daley was soon after seen walking slowly down the hallway back toward his own office. He appeared “unconcerned” and was walking alone. His mood was apparently good enough that he took the time to speak briefly with some junior staffers before continuing down the hall. There was no sign of the president, though Valerie Jarrett did make an appearance on her way into the Oval Office. This was viewed as somewhat of a rare thing as Jarrett has apparently not been seen much on the lower levels of the West Wing for the last month or so. Neither she nor the president was seen for some time after that. The president did not emerge until it was time to make another brief speech at a nearby location later that afternoon. I did not receive information on whether or not Daley accompanied the president on that short trip, but the president’s mood was described as “much improved” when he returned.Oh, and another little FYI in case you missed it. Obama had a recent “meeting” with some of his former top advisers very recently. In my line of work that means only one thing. This administration is absolutely sh-tting itself right now. The cover is being blown off, the fingers of blame are being pointed, and discussions over who is going to take the fall are happening this very moment. Things are going rather well for us. Not too bad for an old news almost out to pasture relic huh? Much work remains to be done though.Hmmmm.......How long before he delivers the final blow to Israel? Read the full story here.
- The Obama way?“…the more illegals that vote, the better the Obama administration thinks it will do…”(RossRightAngle).Attorney General Tom Horne accused the Obama administration Tuesday of trying to thwart Arizona’s voter-ID laws in a bid to get more illegal immigrants to the polls — presumably to cast ballots for the president and Democrats.Horne acknowledged that a brief filed by the Department of Justice in a case to be heard next month by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals centers around the agency’s argument that Arizona’s law requiring proof of citizenship to register is pre-empted by federal law. But Horne, a Republican, told Capitol Media Services he sees something more sinister.“I think the motive is that the more illegals that vote, the better the Obama administration thinks it will do,’’ he said.Horne, however, said that in one year there were about 200 incidents reported of people who were not citizens having registered to vote. “And about 10 were prosecuted,’’ he said….Horne said the problem is not so much caused by those not in the country illegally but by organizations like ACORN that have registration drives and pay people to sign people up to vote. “Those people fool people into registering,’’ he said.Horne linked the Department of Justice legal brief to other ongoing battles between Arizona and federal government.He said the Obama administration, after failing to secure the border itself, went to court to block the state from enacting its own laws aimed at illegal immigration. And Horne cited recent comments by the president arguing that the border is safe, saying he is trying to “create a false sense of complacency.’’ And he said the latest court filing amounts to arguing that people should be able to register without providing information to prove citizenship, “thus enabling illegal aliens to register to vote.’’Horne said there is no reason for the Obama administration to insert itself into the fight, other than for political reasons….Hmmmm......Thugocracy or Democracy?Read the full story here.
- YES students say NO to going home to Muslim countries; seek asylum in Canada.(RefugeeResettlement).How many of you have ever heard of this program—Youth Exchange and Study? I hadn’t until I saw this story from the The Star (Toronto) yesterday about Muslim high school students invited to the US to help bring about “improved understanding” between cultures and instead many just hopped on over to Canada and asked for asylum—so much for taking their new found understanding back to their Muslim homelands! And, so much for the US sending our brave soldiers to Afghanistan to secure THEIR country.Indeed, so many students left for Canada that the US State Department has suspended the program.Before I get into the story from St. Catherine’s that brought my attention to YES, check out the description of the Kennedy-Lugar YES program* for students from Muslim countries.And for more, have a look at this US State Department AFS-USA Cluster Coordinator Manual (I kid you not that is the title of some d*** bureaucrat manual—no wonder we are sick of too much government!). Here is what the USDOS AFS-USA CCM tells us about YES (September 11th made them do it!):
The September 11th terrorist attacks of 2001 and the apparent negative view of Americans held in some regions, as well as the anti-Islamic or anti-Arab sentiment that gripped some places in the United States, brought renewed focus to the need for improved understanding across our cultures. Having long known that the benefits of high school exchange programs extend beyond the student into the community at large, the international education community responded to this call with an initiative to increase exchanges between the United States and countries with significant Muslim populations. 2003-2004 marked the inaugural year of the Youth Exchange Study (YES) Program. [emphasis is mine---ed]Great huh!Now here is the reality of what they created. From The Star (Last stop on the Afghan railway?)Read the full story here.
- 'Charming' Saudi threatens US over Israel.(IsraelMatzav).And to think that Maureen Dowd of the New York Times once referred to him as 'charming.' He's anything but charming in this distortion-filled op-ed in the Washington Post. As the main political and financial supporter of the Palestinian quest for self-determination, Saudi Arabia holds an especially strong position. The kingdom’s wealth, steady growth and stability have made it the bulwark of the Middle East. As the cradle of Islam, it is able to symbolically unite most Muslims worldwide. In September, the kingdom will use its considerable diplomatic might to support the Palestinians in their quest for international recognition. American leaders have long called Israel an “indispensable” ally. They will soon learn that there are other players in the region — not least the Arab street — who are as, if not more, “indispensable.” The game of favoritism toward Israel has not proven wise for Washington, and soon it will be shown to be an even greater folly.This lecture about the 'human rights' of 'Palestinians' might not have been quite so annoying had the government that Tooki represents not arrested five women in Riyadh on Thursday... for the crime of driving. That's not a crime for women in Israel - the only country in the Middle East that shares values with the United States. The only thing the Saudis share with the United States is oil. For now.Read the full story here.
- Muslim slash attack in NY supermarket meat aisle.(NYPost).A crazed man made a Pathmark meat aisle extra bloody this morning when he plunged a knife into an elderly shopper’s neck, allegedly after the perpetrator stepped on the victim's foot, police and store employees said.Abdullah Mohammed, 51, of 125th Street, was at the Harlem supermarket yesterday morning when he started arguing loudly at the customer service desk with William Perry, 70, a former truck driver. Perry was at the desk buying Lotto tickets when Mohammed stepped on his foot, irking the older man, according to his older brother, Charles Perry.Mohammed, who was clad in a peach linen suit, was booted out of the store, but stormed back in minutes later and cornered Perry in the meat aisle, two employees said. He then allegedly whipped out a razor and slashed Perry across the neck."People ran out of the store. One guy was screaming, ‘Oh my God, I’ve never seen anything like this,’" said Rafael Feliciano, a repairman who witnessed the melee.A heroic store employee tackled Mohammed and subdued him until the police responded to the meat aisle melee, cops said. Mohammed was dragged out of the supermarket screaming "at everyone around him," Feliciano said.Mohammed was arrested and charged with assault in the first degree. Perry was taken to Harlem Hospital and was likely to survive his injuries, police said.Hmmmm.......Who walks around with a razor in his pockets?Read the full story here.
- Iran: Israel nuclear threat to Mideast.(Ynet). Tehran convenes NPT summit, urges international community to pressure Israel into joining Non-Proliferation Treaty.Iran convened its second nuclear summit Sunday and urged the international community to pressure Israel into subjecting its nuclear program to international oversight, as well as join the Non-Proliferation Treaty. The convention was held under the banner of "Nuclear Energy for All, Nuclear Weapons for None." Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi, who was first to address the conference, blamed Israel and the United States for being an obstacle en route to a nuclear weapon-free Middle East. Salehi called the Israeli nuclear arsenal "the main threat to the Middle East," and rebuked the United States: "Being Israel's main sponsor… It has the responsibility to halt its nuclear threat to the region." The two-day Tehran conference is set to focus mainly on Israel's policy of nuclear ambiguity and its refusal to neither confirm nor deny its possession of nuclear weapons. He also argued that instead of depriving Iran from civil nuclear energy, world powers should focus on Israel's "underhanded secrecy." Hmmmm.....Obama probably nodding in approval?read the full story here.
- UK Police 'covered up' violent campaign to turn London area 'Sharia compliant'.(Telegraph).Police have been accused of “covering up” a campaign of abuse, threats and violence aimed at “Islamicising” an area of London.Victims say that officers in the borough of Tower Hamlets have ignored or downplayed outbreaks of hate crime, and suppressed evidence implicating Muslims in them, because they fear being accused of racism.The claims come as four Tower Hamlets Muslims were jailed for at least 19 years for attacking a local white teacher who gave religious studies lessons to Muslim girls.The Sunday Telegraph has uncovered more than a dozen other cases in Tower Hamlets where both Muslims and non-Muslims have been threatened or beaten for behaviour deemed to breach fundamentalist “Islamic norms.”One victim, Mohammed Monzur Rahman, said he was left partially blind and with a dislocated shoulder after being attacked by a mob in Cannon Street Road, Shadwell, for smoking during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan last year."“Two guys stopped me in the street and asked me why I was smoking,” he said. “I just carried on, and before I knew another dozen guys came and jumped me. The next thing I knew, I was waking up in hospital“He reported it to the police and they just said they couldn’t track anyone down and there were no witnesses,” said Ansar Ahmed Ullah, a local anti-extremism campaigner who has advised Mr Rahman. “But there is CCTV in that street and it is lined with shops and people.”Teachers in several local schools have told The Sunday Telegraph that they feel “under pressure” from local Muslim extremists, who have mounted campaigns through both parents and pupils – and, in one case, through another teacher - to enforce the compulsory wearing of the veil for Muslim girls. “It was totally orchestrated,” said one teacher. “The atmosphere became extremely unpleasant for a while, with constant verbal aggression from both the children and some parents against the head over this issue.”One teacher at the Bigland Green primary school, Nicholas Kafouris, last year took the council to an employment tribunal, saying he was forced out of his job for complaining that Muslim pupils were engaging in racist and anti-Semitic bullying and saying they supported terrorism. Mr Kafouris lost his case, though the school did admit that insufficient action had been taken against the behaviour of some pupils. The number of assaults on teachers in Tower Hamlets resulting in exclusions has more than doubled from 190 in 2007/8 to 383 in 2008/9, the latest available year, though not all are necessarily race-related.Tower Hamlets’ gay community has become a particular target of extremists. Homophobic crimes in the borough have risen by 80 per cent since 2007/8, and by 21 per cent over the last year, a period when there was a slight drop in London as a whole.Last year, a mob of 30 young Muslims stormed a local gay pub, the George and Dragon, beating and abusing patrons. Many customers of the pub told The Sunday Telegraph that they have been attacked and harassed by local Muslim youths. In 2008 a 20-year-old student, Oli Hemsley, was left permanently paralysed after an attack by a group of young Muslims outside the pub. Only one of his assailants has been caught and jailed.Even during meetings of the local council, prominent supporters of Tower Hamlets’ controversial directly-elected mayor, Lutfur Rahman – dropped by the Labour Party for his links to Islamic fundamentalism - have persistently targeted gay councillors with homophobic abuse and intimidation from the public gallery.Mr Golds said: “If that happened in a football stadium, arrests would have taken place. I have complained, twice, to the police, and have heard nothing. A Labour colleague waited three hours at the police station before being told that nothing would be done. The police are afraid of being accused of Islamophobia. Another Labour councillor said that the Met is now the reverse of what it must have been like in the 1970s, with a complete lack of interest when white people make complaints of harassment and hatred.”In February this year, dozens of stickers appeared across Tower Hamlets quoting the Koran, declaring the borough a “gay-free zone” and stating that “verily Allah is severe in punishment.”The Sunday Telegraph has learned that during a routine stop-and-search at the time police found a young Muslim man with a number of the stickers in his possession. He was released without charge on the advice of the Crown Prosecution Service. Police also had CCTV images of a second unidentified Muslim youth posting the stickers at a local railway station, but refused to release the pictures for several weeks.Hasnath’s “interests” on his Facebook page include Khalid Yasin, a hate preacher who describes Jews as “filth” and teaches that homosexuals must be killed. Yasin has spoken at least four times since 2007 at the East London Mosque, Tower Hamlets’ most prominent Muslim institution. Although the mosque claims to be against extremism, discrimination, and violence, it has hosted dozens of hate, extremist or terrorist preachers and also hosted a “Spot The Fag” contest.In the same week that it issued a press release condemning the anti-gay stickers, the mosque was also due to host a “gala dinner” with Uthman Lateef, a homophobic hate preacher.The mosque is controlled by a fundamentalist group, the Islamic Forum of Europe, which says that it is dedicated to changing the “very infrastructure of society, its institutions, its culture, its political order and its creed ... from ignorance to Islam.”There is no suggestion that any mosque official has been personally involved in any act of violence or intimidation. However, in an email obtained by The Sunday Telegraph, one IFE activist, Abu Talha, used the name of the group to threaten a local Muslim woman who ran a dating agency.“I am asking you kindly to stop these activities as it goes against the teachings of Islam,” he wrote. “Let me remind you that I have a huge network of brothers and sisters who would be willing to help me take this further…If by tomorrow you haven’t changed your mind … then the campaign will begin.” The dating agency has now closed and the woman has left the area.Mr Ahmed Ullah said: “There has been a gradual increase in these kinds of attacks, that’s for sure.” A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: “When any allegation of crime is made to us, we investigate appropriately. We will always take action against hate crime in accordance with, and within the confines of, the law.”Hmmmmm......."The Religion of Peace'.Read the full story here.
- Turkey sometimes NATO 'ally' offered Gaddafi "guarantee" to quit Libya.(TodaysZaman). Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said on Friday his country had offered a "guarantee" to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi if he left Libya, but said Ankara had received no answer."Gaddafi has no way out but to leave Libya, through the guarantees given to him, it seems," Erdoğan told NTV broadcaster in an interview. "We ourselves have offered him this guarantee, via the representatives we've sent. We told him we would help him to be sent wherever he wanted to be sent. We would discuss the issue with our allies, according to the response we receive. Unfortunately we still haven't got a response from Gaddafi." Erdoğan, whose country is a member of NATO, did not specify what kind of guarantee his country had offered to Gaddafi. Muslim Turkey had sizeable trade and commercial ties with Gaddafi's Libya, and evacuated more than 20,000 citizens working there as violence engulfed the North African desert nation. Since the uprising against Gaddafi's rule began in February, Erdoğan has distanced himself from the Libyan leader. Ankara has called on Gaddafi several times to order a cease-fire and to quit in order to allow a transition of power. In the interview, Erdoğan expressed frustration at what he called Gaddafi's stalling tactics."I have contacted him six or seven times. I sent our special representatives, but we always faced stalling tactics. They tell us they want a cease fire, we tell them to take a step, but the next day you find out that some places were bombed." "We're asking them 'what are you doing' and they tell us they fired back because they were fired at. There's nothing like that. We were closely watching at that time."Hmmmmm.....Get Turkey out of NATO before they act the same way in case of conflict with Iran.Read the full story here.
- "The War on Christianity".Pakistan: Christians are forbidden to eat in restaurants.(PCP).Lahore: June 8, 2011. “The Muslim dominated society of Pakistan forbids Christian to eat in any restaurant in Pakistan, a Christian student is forbidden to drink water in a glass in schools in which Muslim student drinks water, a roadside Vendor will beat you and charge you for cup in which you drink tea when he recognize you as Christian, it is Pakistan where Muslim members of National Assembly of Pakistan can block a move to offer prayers for slain Christian member of parliament, so, its not surprising if Muslim members of ruling party in Punjab Assembly are resisting on presentation of annual budget by a Christian Minister Michael Kamran on June 10, 2011” said Dr. Nazir S Bhatti, President of Pakistan Christian Congress PCC, here today.Dr. Nazir Bhatti said that hate among religious communities in Islamic Republic of Pakistan is created by Sharia legislation and Pakistan Assembly and Muslim parliamentarians are responsible for it weather they are moderate, liberal or Islamic.The Sharia laws imposed by General Zia-Ul- Haq turned religious minorities in Pakistan to be infidel citizens who must pay Islamic Tax to live in Islamic Republic of Pakistan and present regime kept status- quo to prevail hate among religious communities.“The Islamic Republic of Pakistan constitutionally empowers Muslims to abduct a Christian woman, her enforced conversion and marriage to a Muslim and protects violence against Christians” said Nazir Bhatti.Hmmmm....the 'people' the Obama regime gives Billions of taxpayer Dollars.Read the full story here.
- "Only In Belgium?"365 days without a government,Who needs government? Miss Belgium asks.(Emirates247).As the country marks a year of political mess Monday, a whole 12 months without an official government, even Miss Belgium is joining exasperated calls to politicians to break the impasse."Belgium is beautiful! We have so much, the sea in Flanders, the forest in Wallonia," said 19-year-old beauty queen Justine de Jonckheere. "But I must admit the country has problems."Ministers hold endless meetings to reach an understanding, but never do," she told the daily Le Soir. "They need to put a little water in their wine!"The country of 11 million people that hosts global powerhouses, the EU and NATO, on Monday becomes the first nation in recent history to remain without a government for an entire year -- a feat due to a festering language divide splitting the Dutch-speaking north and French-speaking south.While a caretaker government that lost last year's June 13 elections has reduced the deficit and even sent warplanes to join the NATO-led campaign in Libya, the impasse is feeding fears of a looming carve-up of the country.An opinion survey Friday showed two-thirds of Belgians continue to believe the country can survive its fiercest crisis to date -- though the proportion was highest in French-speaking Wallonia, at 79 percent, followed by 74 percent in bilingual Brussels and 62 percent in Dutch-speaking Flanders.But as feuding politicians repeatedly fail to bridge the divide by forming a workable coalition, the flak in Belgium's language battle continues to fly.The Brussels transport minister a few weeks back ordered songs in both Dutch and French to be aired again on the city subway system after it transpired that rail authorities were broadcasting solely in English, Italian or Spanish to avoid recrimination from the different communities.And last month a fierce linguistic row spattered the political arena when Dutch separatists complained of the poor Dutch or little Dutch spoken by French-language politicians."Even today, negotiations to form a government take place in French. That, after all, is not normal," said Belgian Flemish leader Bart De Wever.De Wever's separatist N-VA party led the June 2010 polls in Flanders, while French-speaking Socialists headed by Elio Di Rupo led the field in Wallonia.But with no outright majority, efforts to bridge both the language divide and the wide political chasm between Di Rupo's leftwingers and De Wever's liberal-leaning separatists have floundered time after time.Representing the wealthier 6.2 million Dutch speakers, the N-VA refuses to foot the bill for the 4.5 million francophones living in the rust belt of Wallonia.De Wever played down fears of a deepening crisis, saying it was not the first in a country whose efforts in grappling with its different communities have long made it a case-study in compromise for political scientists."I can only hope that after the many difficulties we have faced, that we can get to a new stage and find a consensus, which would be a confederal system."At issue in heated talks during almost 12 months has been a deadlock over Flemish demands for greater autonomy, notably in fiscal and social policy.Belgium's already largely devolved system, where the central government runs defence, diplomacy, finance, justice and social security, has enabled the caretaker government to lurch more easily than would a more highly centralised system."We face a complex situation," Di Rupo told AFP."There are different political goals, and this is a country of coalition, not a country of bipartisan politics and parliamentary majorities. This is a country where we speak three languages, so it's a complex multicultural, multilingual laboratory."To resolve our problems this time, we will need a little further time."Hmmmmm........????Read the full story here.
Saturday, June 11, 2011
- Syria Live Blog - June 11. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Libya Live Blog - June 11. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Yemen Live Blog - June 11. Here. (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan today 4.6 ! More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 129.Source : Here .
- Europe - Latest official Situation Update on E-Coli epidemic 49- Source.
- Obama Dictates to Israel: Jerusalem is Not Your Capital.(TrevorLoudon).Obama Signs Document That Tells Israel Jerusalem Is Not Your Capital
MEMORANDUM FOR THE SECRETARY OF STATE
SUBJECT: Suspension of Limitations Under the Jerusalem Embassy ActObama signed this on June 3, 2011
– Pursuant to the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, including section 7(a) of the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995 (Public Law 104-45) (the “Act”), I hereby determine that it is necessary, in order to protect the national security interests of the United States, to suspend for a period of 6 months the limitations set forth in sections 3(b) and 7(b) of the Act.You are hereby authorized and directed to transmit this determination to the Congress, accompanied by a report in accordance with section 7(a) of the Act, and to publish the determination in the Federal Register.
This suspension shall take effect after transmission of this determination and report to the Congress.Hmmmm.......Obama signed this on June 3, 2011.Read the full story here.
- Syrian troops lay siege to northern town.(Al-Jazeera).Tanks and troops seal Jisr al-Shughur, raising fears of imminent assault to avenge killing of 120 security personnel.Video - Crops and livestock destroyed.Syrian tanks and troops have sealed the restive northern town of Jisr al-Shughur with activists saying they expect an all-out government assault soon.President Bashar al-Assad sent heavy armour, including tanks and thousands of troops, to the region to crush a nearly three-month uprising against his family's 40-year rule.Saturday's military operation close to the Turkish border is in response to what the government claims were attacks by "armed groups" that killed more than 120 officers and security personnel last week. Syrian state television said troops had arrested several leaders of the alleged armed groups in Jisr al-Shughur.The troops backed by dozens of tanks have been operating in the area for several days, securing towns and villages on their way to the northern Syrian town.Jamil Sadeq, a resident of the town, accused the troops of intermittently opening fire."The army entered with tanks and used heavy weapons on the villagers. They then fled into the mountains," he told Al Jazeera."A second village was also attacked. The regime is attempting to regroup a military brigade there. Elsewhere in nearby villages there are shootings every half hour."To the east, the army stormed villages on the way to Ziyaara with tanks and reached there in the early morning. Residents fled ... either to the north or towards Turkey where the main [refugee] camp is."About 4,000 Syrians have fled into neighbouring Turkey to escape the unrest in Jisr al-Shughur and other towns, according to the UN and Turkish officials.Lebanon, Syria's neighbour to the west, has already absorbed about 5,000 refugees, though the UN says it is a "fluid population" and some of the refugees have already returned home.A UN spokesperson said that Ban Ki-moon had been trying to call the Syrian president all week but was told that he was "not available."Robert Ford, the US ambassador in the Syrian capital, Damascus, has also seen his requests for meetings with Syrian government officials repeatedly denied.Hmmmmm.......The 'reformer' Assad.Read and see the full story here.
- Report: Al-Qaeda's Africa chief killed.(Ynet).Kenya police says Fazul Abdullah Muhammad killed Wednesday in Somali capital of Mogadishu. Muhammad linked to Mombasa attack in 2002. The presumed head of Al-Qaeda in east Africa, Comoros-born Fazul Abdullah Muhammad, was killed Wednesday in Mogadishu, Kenya's police chief said on Saturday, confirming a report from Somali Islamist Shebab rebels."We have received that communication from authorities in Somalia. We have been told that there were two terrorists who were killed in Somalia on Wednesday last week," Kenyan Police Commissioner Mathew Iteere told AFP on Saturday.A US official later confirmed the report, saying his country has "strong grounds" to believe that Muhammad was dead, AFP reported.Iteere said the identity of one of the two had "been given as Fazul Muhammad ... That is what we have been told by our counterparts in Somalia," Iteere said."One of the men that was killed near Mogadishu was Fazul Abdullah, may Allah bless his soul. He is not dead as thousands like him are still in the fight against the enemy of Allah," a senior Al Shebab commander had earlier told AFP on condition of anonymity.In 1998, Muhammad was linked to terror attacks on US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, in which 224 people died.He was also among the masterminds of the November 2002 attack on a hotel and airliner in Mombasa, India that killed 15 people, including Israelis.The United States had placed a $5 million bounty on Muhammad's head.Read the full story here.
- Police Investigate Weiner's Messages to Teenage Girl in Delaware.(Fox).NEW CASTLE, Del. -- Police here are investigating direct online communications between New York Rep. Anthony Weiner and a 17-year-old girl and are looking for any other young women who may be involved, though the nature of the communications wasn't immediately clear.The police probe comes as Weiner, who is married, fends off calls from both sides of the aisle in Congress for him to quit after he admitted to lying about his inappropriate online and phone communications with a half dozen women.Two officers from the New Castle County Police Department arrived at the high school junior's home around 4:30 p.m. Friday and asked to speak with the girl's mother about the daughter's contact with Weiner, the disgraced Democrat. Another officer appeared at the home a short time later. A FoxNews.com reporter was at the home when the police arrived.The girl, whose name is being withheld because she is a minor, told FoxNews.com, "I'm doing OK."The police left the home after about 30 minutes, followed by the daughter and mother, who left in a separate car. It was not clear if the mother and daughter were going to continue the conversation with police at another location.Sources close the student said the girl followed Weiner on Twitter after seeing him speak during a school trip to Washington on April 1. Weiner, after signing on to follow the girl's Twitter feed, direct-messaged the girl on April 13, the sources said, though it is not clear what other communication the two may have had between or after those dates. Weiner no longer follows the girl on Twitter.Read the full story here.
- IRS Revokes Non-Profit Status of Over 275,000 Organizations.(FedRaw).Local chapters of several high-profile organizations ranging from the National Organization for Women to AARP to AFSCME and SEIU have lost their non-profit status for failing to meet basic Internal Revenue Service reporting requirements.A review of local chapters incorporated in Washington, D.C., under the umbrella of their national offices, indicated that the IRS revoked the non-profit statuses of organizations like: AFSCME, 11 chapters; National Organization for Women, 28 chapters; AARP, 101 chapters; American Society for Public Administration, 111 chapters; and, B’nai B’rith, 150 chapters. For local chapters of national organizations that incorporated in their home state, the number of non-profit statuses revoked include: SEIU, 29 chapters; National Organization for Women, 80 chapters; B’nai B’rith, 85 chapters; American Federation of Teachers, 152 chapters; and, AFSCME, 497 chapters.The failure to meet minimum reporting requirements includes filing a basic annual report with the IRS, known as a “Form 990.” Revoked organizations may be required to file federal income tax returns and pay any applicable income taxes. Furthermore, donations made to these organizations are no longer tax-deductible.Nationwide, over 275,000 non-profits had their non-profit status revoked last month after an Internal Revenue Service review. The IRS will update the “auto-revoked” list on a monthly basis.read the full story here.
- Boy pushing ice cream cart detonates bomb as string of suicide attacks kills 21 people across Afghanistan.(DailyMail).A string of suicide bombings across Afghanistan, including one by a young boy pushing an ice cream cart, has killed at least 21 people today - many of them children.The worst attack took place in the Khakrez district of Kandahar province in southern Afghanistan, where a roadside bomb killed all 16 people travelling in a minibus, including eight children.Provincial police chief Abdul Raziq said the bomb was planted by the Taliban and was intended to kill NATO or Afghan forces.In the eastern province of Khost, a suicide bomber blew himself up outside the local police headquarters in the Shai Kali area, killing three policemen and a child.Among the four killed in the blast was police chief, Mohammad Zahir Kahn. It was unclear whether Mr Kahn was specifically targeted.Health director Hedayatullah Hamidi said 25 people were also wounded in the attack.A second suicide bomber, this one pushing an ice cream cart, killed one child and wounded three more in the central province of Ghazni.Eyewitness Asadullah said: 'The suicide attacker was a young boy with a thin beard and moustache wearing a scarf.'He was pushing an ice cream cart. I was just standing 20 metres from him and then he exploded.'It comes as the UN released an interim report on civilian deaths that shows that 368 people were killed in May and 593 were wounded, making last month the deadliest for Afghan civilians since 2007.The UN said insurgents are responsible for 82 per cent of those civilian deaths, while 12 per cent were attributed to the international alliance and Afghan forces.Home-made bombs, such as the roadside device that struck the minibus in Kandahar, were the leading cause of death, according to the report.NATO airstrikes, a frequent cause of tension between the Afghan government and the alliance, were responsible for 3 per cent of civilian deaths in May.The UN, which is preparing a mid-year civilian casualty report for 2011, said it decided to release interim numbers because of the high rate of killings last month.A bomb killed two policemen and wounded nine others who were investigating an earlier explosion last night at a satellite television network office in Mehterlam city, in the eastern province of Laghman.The Taliban announced its spring offensive several weeks ago and has been stepping up its attacks around the country.Read the full story here.
- Oil falls 2.8 percent on expected Saudi extra production.(TodaysZaman). Saudi Arabia is still the boss when it comes to oil.Prices sank 2.8 percent Friday afternoon on reports that the world's biggest oil exporter will increase production 13 percent from May levels to 10 million barrels per day. The move, reported by a Saudi Arabian newspaper, comes just days after OPEC snubbed its request to raise production quotas. Analysts see it as a bold step by the Saudis to reassert their dominance over the cartel. "They're reminding everyone who the sheriff is in town," independent analyst Jim Ritterbusch said. Benchmark West Texas Intermediate crude for July delivery lost $2.85 at $99.10 per barrel in afternoon trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. If Saudi Arabia makes good on the new production level, it will pump into the market another 1.14 million barrels per day above May levels. That will come close to covering a shortfall in global oil supply expected in the third quarter. OPEC says world demand will exceed supply by 1.45 million barrels per day in the third quarter. The US Energy Information Administration puts the shortfall at 1.81 million barrels per day. Saudi oil ministers had called for higher production from OPEC members. But its attempt to boost quotas was rejected by Iran and several other countries. Friday's report in al-Hayat newspaper gave investors a glimpse at how the Saudis will respond. "They're going to unilaterally decide for themselves when to supply the market," analyst Andrew Lipow said.J.P. Morgan analyst Lawrence Eagles noted the 10-million barrel increase would raise production by 500,000 barrels per day from current levels. The increased production is expected to cool off a 26 percent price rise in oil and a 27 percent increase in gasoline this year. Average gasoline pump prices in the US have been sliding since May and are expected to drop as low as $3.50 per gallon (92 cents a liter) this month. Hmmmmm.......Something tells me Iran won't like this move at all.Read the full story here.
- Ghosts of Soviet repression return as Putin's personal guards put in order for secret police-style leather coats.(DailyMail).Their image invokes a deep trepidation in many Russians, who recall accounts of neighbours vanishing after Stalin's henchmen came knocking.But now the long black leather coats which were part of the dress code for Soviet secret police appear to be making a comeback. The security forces who guard president Dmitry Medvedev and prime minister Vladimir Putin are holding a state tender for 60 such coats and 60 shorter jackets.The website for state tenders showed the Federal Guards Service order is worth 3 million rubles ($108,000). The tender closes June 15.Stalin's secret police, named NKVD after its Russian acronym, was primarily responsible for carrying out the dictator's repression and purges of the 1930s. Its officers executed hundreds of thousands of people and ran forced labour camps - known as gulags - in the chilly north of Siberia.Bringing the coats back into official use would fit into a wider push by Russian authorities to reintroduce imagery associated with Stalin.In recent years, old Soviet national anthem lyrics praising Stalin were restored to a rotunda in a Moscow subway station. His portrait has also been put on public buses in St. Petersburg and the Urals city of Yekaterinburg.Rights activists have voiced concern that he is being quietly rehabilitated as memories of his reign of terror fade.The Kremlin couldn't immediately be reached for comment on the purchase.Hmmmm.......At least it's not Ivan the terrible his "Oprichniki".Read the full story here.
- Helicopter gunships fire at Syria protest.(Al-Jazeera).Activists say at least 23 people have been killed, most of them after the army shelled town in northern Idlib province.A Syrian opposition figure told the AP news agency by telephone that tanks shelled had Maarat al-Numan on Friday, after thousands of protesters overwhelmed security officers and torched the courthouse and police station.Syria's state-run television appeared to confirm at least part of the report, saying gunmen had opened fire on security headquarters in the town, in Idlib province, causing casualties among security officials.Witnesses said helicopter gunships fired machineguns to disperse a large pro-democracy protest in the town, in the first reported use of air power to quell protests in Syria's uprising.The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said no killings were reported in the assault by the helicopters."At least five helicopters flew over Maarat al-Numaan and began firing their machineguns to disperse the tens of thousands who marched in the protest," a witnesses giving his name as Nawaf told Reuters by telephone."People hid in fields, under bridges and in their houses, but the firing continued on the mostly empty streets for hours".Maarat al-Numan is located near the Turkish border, 40km from Jisr al-Shughur, where state television earlier said the army had begun operations.Reports in the last days of an imminent military operation in the town have prompted an exodus of refugees to nearby Turkey.She said "a lot of citizens" had asked the army to intervene and that there was "a state of absolute terror" in the area.More than 2,800 Syrians have fled into the neighbouring country to escape the unrest in Jisr al-Shughur and other towns, according to the UN and Turkish officials.Most refugees are being housed at a camp in Yayladagi, a town about 10km from the border and 25km from Jisr al-Shughur.Dozens of white tents have been set up in the camp, and ambulances have been carrying wounded people to hospitals in Antakya, the capital of Turkey's southern Hatay province.The Turkish government has largely barred journalists from interacting with the refugees. Police guard the entrance to the camp, and local officials have been instructed not to talk to the media.Turkish officials say they are preparing for the possibility of more refugees in the coming days.Hmmmmm......Freedom of the press in Erdogan's Turkey is still at the same level as in Saddat's Syria.Read the full story here.
- "The War On Christianity".Pakistan - acquittal for 70 Muslim extremists on trial for the Gojra massacre.(AsiaNews).In August 2009, ten people died, eight burnt alive. Four churches were destroyed. Threats against Christian witnesses force them to flee to avoid further violence. Lahore – Pakistan’s fundamentalists are rejoicing following the acquittal verdict. The country’s Christian minority is “under shock” because, this time as well, the massacre of innocent victims done in the name of the infamous blasphemy law will go unpunished. The justice system also shows its powerlessness vis-à-vis extremists who can carry out heinous crimes with total impunity, whilst the government remains silent. Meanwhile, a Muslim religious leader publicly says that Christians “deserve” to be murdered. A Pakistani anti-terrorism court acquitted 70 people who, in various roles, were involved in the Gojra massacre of August 2009 .The anti-Christian violence broke out following blasphemy allegations. During a wedding, a group of Christians supposedly burnt pages of the Qur‘an, a pretext used to strike at the religious minority.During the attack by hundreds of extremists (brought in by bus and trucks), ten people died, eight burnt alive. Four churches and various homes were also set on fire.Following the Gojra attack, instead of arresting the culprits, police, twisting the facts, took into custody a number of Christians for attacking the “other group”. The unjustly jailed Christians were eventually released but after several months.According to the court, the acquittal last Tuesday was due to the absence of Christian witnesses in the courtroom and the lack of evidence against the accused.Sources close to the Catholic Church in Lahore, on condition of anonymity, said, “Christian witnesses were under constant threats meant to force them to withdraw their accusations”.Two of the 70 people acquitted were released the day before the sentence. The other 68 had already been released on bail some time ago. The main complainant, Phanias Masih, had to flee Pakistan last year along with his family, fearing more violence.Fr Yaqoob Yousaf, vicar at Gojra’s Sacred Heart parish, told AsiaNews that “Masih and a couple of other key witnesses fled before February” when community leaders “reached a compromise to have the case withdrawn”.Fr Habib Xavier, from the Diocese of Lahore, the verdict is “shocking”, similar to the Shanti Nagar affair in 1998 when a Muslim mob burnt 25,000 houses. At the time, the accused were also released on bail. “Today, we see the people who burn homes and kill the innocent go free. It was supposed to be fair trial,” he said. “Will minorities ever get justice?”However, to understand the madness and power of the extremists, it is sufficient to listen to the words of Maulana Kashmiri, a Muslim leader in Punjab.“There are no witnesses because they [the Christians] know that they are wrong. We got justice. Even though none of us did it, Christians still deserve it [death], because they are blasphemers.”Hmmmm....."The Religion of Peace".Read the full story here.
- UK - Afghan Muslim converts to Christianity,subsequently gets attacked by Muslim armed with wooden plank.(ThisisNothingham).A MAN has been locked up for attacking another man in the street with a plank of wood.Nottingham Crown Court heard that Sher Ahmadzai, 20, hit his victim with a metre-long plank, causing him to fall over during the attack in Radford.Another man then started punching and kicking the fallen man in the face.The victim escaped without serious injury but was left with a sore jaw and leg pain.The court heard Ahmadzai knew his victim and both were members of the Afghan community.The man was of Muslim faith but converted to Christianity after claiming asylum here."This did not sit well with the defendant," said prosecutor Paul Stimson."That culminated in the assault in October last year in Hartley Road."When police questioned Ahmadzai, of Magdala Road, Mapperley, he said there had been a feud but would not elaborate.He did not admit any cultural or religious motivation, the court heard.He admitted assault causing actual harm and a separate offence of arson.The court heard that Ahmadzai set fire to a partner's garden fence twice in an hour in the same month.Fire crews attended the woman's home and put out the first blaze but within an hour Ahmadzai had gone back and started the fire again. This time, the blaze was more serious and spread to a neighbouring fence but was eventually brought under control.CCTV captured Ahmadzai buying petrol at the Total petrol station in Sherwood Rise at 8pm and 9pm.Judge Michael Stokes QC gave him 12 months for the assault and nine months concurrently for the arson.The new offences meant he was in breach of a suspended prison sentence for two offences of assault causing actual bodily harm.Hmmmm.....The religion of Peace.Read the full story here.
- 14-year-old took her life because of group rape.(TundraTabloids).A 14-year-old girl in Trondheim took her own life after being assaulted and raped by three teenage boys. Only four weeks after she reported the rape at Kristiansten fortress, ninth grader could not bear to live any longer.The girl’s mother believes the group rape is the direct cause of why her daughter chose to take her life two weeks ago:
- This shows how brutal consequences of such a serious crime can get, “said her mother through her daughter’s counsel, Sigrun Dybvad.
Her mother has consented to the Adresseavisen’s mentioning the tragic incident, and she has provided information to the case. The incident has shaken many in Trondheim. Address newspaper has in recent days received emails and phone calls from desperate and upset parents. Over 1300 people have joined in a memorial group for 14-year-old online community Facebook. Tuesday this week met with 245 people up to say goodbye when she was buried in the Lutheran Free Church.Police in Trondheim is worried after five unsolved assault rapes or attempted on the same page 1 April. In three of the five cases , several perpetrators, all of which are described as African or Middle Eastern men. Police believe that the rapes have been planned in advance.The evening before 1 May facilitate the ninth grader for her friends when she was stopped by a young man of foreign origin. According to 14-year-old’s explanation, he tried to stay around and kiss her. When she responded that she would meet a friend, he said he knew this friend. This thought ninth grader, and went with the man. Shortly after the assault began:Ninth graders noticed that two other teenage boys came walking, and thought at first that they came to help. Instead, they have helped to keep her down. The girl told that she tried to shout for help, but that there was so much noise that no one heard her.While peers attached very close, and while both the police and about 50 night owls patrolling the area, the 14-year-old testified that two of the perpetrators managed to rape her, before she got loose from the third. Then she ran from the scene, and away in the direction Nonnegata. There, she met a couple who should have immediately understood that something had happened and helped her home.The girl has described the perpetrators as teenage boys in 16-17-age of foreign origin.Read the full story here.