Wednesday, June 1, 2011
- Syria Live Blog - June 01. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Libya Live Blog - June 01. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Yemen Live Blog - June 01 . Here. (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan today 5.0 ! Lots of activity in Greece and Turkey.More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 127.Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- "Assad the reformer".Tortured and killed: Hamza al-Khateeb, age 13.(Al-Jazeera).The mutilation and death in custody of a 13-year-old child has sparked further furious protests in Syrian city of Daraa. Hamza al-Khateeb used to love it when the rains came to his small corner of southern Syria, filling up the farmers' irrigation channels enough so that he and the other children could jump in and swim.But the drought of the last few years had left the 13-year-old without the fun of his favourite pool.Instead, he'd taken to raising homing pigeons, standing on the roof of his family's simple breeze-block home, craning his neck back to see the birds circling above the wide horizon of fields, where wheat and tomatoes were grown from the tough, scrubby soils.Though not from a wealthy family himself, Hamza was always aware of others less fortunate than himself, said a cousin who spoke to Al Jazeera."He would often ask his parents for money to give to the poor. I remember once he wanted to give someone 100 Syrian Pounds ($2), and his family said it was too much. But Hamza said, 'I have a bed and food while that guy has nothing.' And so he persuaded his parents to give the poor man the 100."In the hands of President Bashar al-Assad's security forces, however, Hamza found no such compassion, his humanity degraded to nothing more than a lump of flesh to beat, burn, torture and defile, until the screaming stopped at last.Arrested during a protest in Saida, 10km east of Daraa, on April 29, Hamza's body was returned to his family on Tuesday 24th May, horribly mutilated.The child had spent nearly a month in the custody of Syrian security, and when they finally returned his corpse it bore the scars of brutal torture: Lacerations, bruises and burns to his feet, elbows, face and knees, consistent with the use of electric shock devices and of being whipped with cable, both techniques of torture documented by Human Rights Watch as being used in Syrian prisons during the bloody three-month crackdown on protestors.Hamza's eyes were swollen and black and there were identical bullet wounds where he had apparently been shot through both arms, the bullets tearing a hole in his sides and lodging in his belly.On Hamza's chest was a deep, dark burn mark. His neck was broken and his penis cut off."Where are the human rights committees? Where is the International Criminal Court?" asks the voice of the man inspecting Hamza's body on a video uploaded to YouTube."A month had passed by with his family not knowing where he was, or if or when he would be released. He was released to his family as a corpse. Upon examining his body, the signs of torture are very clear."The original clip has since been removed, but a version with Hamza's castrated genitals blurred is still running [Note: this video is extremely graphic]."When Hamza's mother came to see the body she was only shown his face," said the cousin, who was present at the time."We tried to tell the father not to look, but he pulled the blanket back. When he saw Hamza's body he fainted. People ran to help him and some started filming - it was chaos.April 29 was dubbed "The Friday of Ending the siege on Deraa", the border city where the torture of children had lit the spark for the Syrian uprising and where Maher al-Assad's forces lead the assault on a civilian population that killed hundreds.Hamza didn't burn for politics, said his cousin, "but everybody seemed to be going to the protest, so he went along as well," walking with friends and family the 12km along the road from his home town of Jeezah north-west to Saida.The firing began almost as soon as the villagers reached the edge of Saida, said the cousin."People were killed and wounded, some were arrested. It was chaotic we didn't know at that point what had happened to Hamza. He just disappeared."A second source from the region, an activist, also spoke to Al Jazeera, confirming that Hamza had been among 51 protesters detained on April 29, he said, by Airforce Intelligence, which a number of detainees have reported as using brutal torture."They were all arrested by the anti-terrorism branch of the Airforce Intelligence," said the activist."They were all alive when they went into prison, but we received 13 bodies back this week and all had been tortured. The Airforce Intelligence are notorious for torture, they're barbarians. We're expecting another dozen bodies back in the coming days."Responding to the video of Hamza's mutilated body, Syria's only private TV station, the pro-regime Al Dunia, aired an interview (Arabic) with a forensic doctor from Damascus' Tishreen Militarily Hospital.Dr. Akram al-Shaar, who claimed to have supervised the autopsy of Hamza in Tishreen, said he found no signs of torture, claiming the marks on Hamza's body had been caused by natural decomposition.Dr Shaar's testimony, however, is also the first public admission by a Syrian official that civilians arrested or injured or killed during the military assault on the Deraa region have been collected and transported to security facilities in Damascus."Hamza's father, Ali al-Khateeb, wanted to press charges against the army and security forces, said Hamza's cousin. Instead, Ali and his wife were visited by the secret police and threatened."They said: 'Enough of what has happened because of you already. You know what would happen if we heard you had spoken to the media,'" said Hamza's mother, clearly terrified as she spoke to the local activist, refusing to give further details on the circumstances of her son's arrest or death.Hamza's father was briefly detained late Saturday afternoon, said his wife, after the secret police demanded he tell state media that Hamza was killed by armed Salafists, Sunni Muslim extremists, which the regime has claimed are driving the popular uprising."The father was asked to go to the security branch for half an hour so they could tell him their point of view about Hamza," said the cousin. "He was well treated."Torture in Syrian prisons, long known as some of the worst in the world, is now "rampant" according to a report by Human Rights Watch."When you have mass execution and torture it rises to the level of a crime against humanity. In Syria, it appears clear that this has become widespread and systematic," said Ricken Patel, director of Avaaz, which has been documenting human rights abuses in the country."This is a campaign of mass terrorism and intimidation: Horribly tortured people sent back to communities by a regime not trying to cover up its crimes, but to advertise them."If advertising its crimes is indeed the regime's strategy then it appears to be working: Within hours of the video of Hamza's mutilated body going online a protest broke out in Daraa city by hundreds of furious residents, defying the ongoing military siege to express their outrage at Hamza's torture and killing."People here are really furious about what happened to Hamza and this is another sign that the secret police and the authorities are criminals who cannot be trusted to make any reforms," said the activist, who travels widely in the Deraa region.Hmmmm....these are the 'people' Erdogan and Hillary called "Reformers".Read the full story here.
- Islamo-Nazism In Egypt,alive and kicking.(BigPeace).“Omar Amin” von Leers: The Nazi Who Found a Haven in Egypt and Embraced a More Potent Ideology to Destroy the Judeo-Christian West—Islamic JihadWednesday May 25, 2011 a group of Egyptians, led by founding member Emad Abdel Sattar proclaimed the establishment of “a contemporary frame of reference” Nazi Party.Sattar reportedly stated that the party, whose founding deputy is a former military official, would bring together prominent figures from Egyptian society, and vest all powers in a “carefully selected” president.The Egyptian Leftist publication Al-Masry Al-Youm, at its English website, further contends the Nazi party operated clandestinely during the Mubarak regime which had prevented party leaders from carrying out their activities in the open. Two Facebook pages which appeared recently under the title of “the Egyptian Nazi Party,” may confirm the party’s public emergence since Mubarak was deposed.Whether or not the inchoate new Egyptian Nazi Party, operating within a “modern framework,” becomes a significant political force, Nazism and its ugly resonance with the country’s Muslim masses, has a prolonged, disturbing legacy in Egypt.
Aribert Ferdinand Heim, was a member of Hitler’s Waffen-SS, and a psychopathic “medical doctor” who committed the most heinous atrocities at the Buchenwald, Sachsenhausen and Mauthausen concentration camps, including: the performance of operations on prisoners without anesthesia; removing organs from healthy inmates, who were then left then to die on the operating table; injecting poison, including gasoline, into the hearts of others; and taking the skull of at least one victim as a “souvenir.”As revealed in this February 4/5, 2009 New York Times story, Heim, like many Nazi war criminals, lived safely in Egypt, perhaps for up to three decades, following his flight from Europe in 1962.
A dusty briefcase with rusted buckles, sitting nearly forgotten in storage here in Cairo, hid the truth behind Dr. Heim’s flight to the Middle East. Obtained by The New York Times and the German television station ZDF from members of the Doma family, proprietors of the hotel here where Dr. Heim resided, the files in the briefcase tell the story of his life, and death, in Egypt.Josef Kohl, a former inmate at Mauthausen, gave the following testimony regarding Heim to a United States war crimes investigating team on Jan. 18, 1946, less than a year after the German surrender.
Dr. Heim had a habit of looking into inmates’ mouths to determine whether their teeth were in impeccable condition. If this were the case, he would kill the prisoner with an injection, cut his head off, leave it to cook in the crematorium for hours, until all the flesh was stripped from the naked skull and prepare the skull for himself and his friends as a decoration for their desks.During 1979, Heim (who died on Aug. 10, 1992, according to his son and the death certificate), wrote a letter to the German magazine Spiegel, after the publication of a report about his war-crimes case. Whether he ever sent the letter, which was found in his files (along with numerous others were “written in meticulous cursive style in German or English”) is unclear. According to the Times report,the letter…accused Simon Wiesenthal, who was interned at Mauthausen, of being “the one who invented these atrocities.” Dr. Heim went on to discuss what he called Israeli massacres of Palestinians, and added that “the Jewish Khazar, Zionist lobby of the U.S. were the first ones who in 1933 declared war against Hitler’s Germany.” The Turkic ethnic group the Khazars were a recurring theme for Dr. Heim, who kept himself busy in Cairo, researching a paper he wrote in English and German, decrying the possibility of anti-Semitism owing to the fact, he said, that most Jews were not Semitic in ethnic origin.Heim converted to Islam (in his case, at the Cairo mosque of Sunni Islam’s foremost religious teaching institution, Al Azhar), becoming “known to locals” as Tarek Hussein Farid. Apparently, Heim, aka, Dr. Death, became a devout Muslim, “maintained the discipline to walk some 15 miles each day through the busy streets of Egypt’s capital…to the world-renowned Al Azhar mosque”, and bonded with his Muslim neighbors, who knew him as “Uncle” Tarek Hussein Farid.He formed close bonds with his neighbors, including the Doma family, which ran the Kasr el Madina hotel, where Dr. Heim lived the last decade before his death. Mahmoud Doma, whose father owned the establishment, said Dr. Heim spoke Arabic, English and French, in addition to German. Mr. Doma said his neighbor read and studied the Koran, including a copy in German that the Domas had ordered for him. Mahmoud Doma, 38, became emotional when talking about the man he knew as Uncle Tarek, whom he described giving him books and encouraging him to study. “He was like a father. He loved me and I loved him.”He recalled how Uncle Tarek bought rackets and set up a tennis net on the hotel roof, where he and his siblings played with the German Muslim until sundown. But by 1990, Dr. Heim’s good health began to fail him and he was diagnosed with cancer. Thus Heim epitomized scores of other Nazis, who found safe haven in Egypt, most importantly, the pious Muslim jihadist and Nazi ideologue, Johannes “Omar Amin” von Leers. Historian Bat Ye’or has described this phenomenon, as follows (here, pp.154-55):
…they lived under false names and worked in anti-Zionist propaganda centers, such as the Institute for the Study of Zionism, which was founded in Cairo, in 1955. Its director, Alfred Zingler (alias Mahmoud Saleh), worked together with Dr. Johannes von Leers (d. 1965, alias Omar Amin), who had been a specialist on the “Jewish Question” in Josef Goebbels’ propaganda department. Zingler’s main assistants were Dr. Werner Witschale and Hans Appler (Saleh Shafar), who had also served on the staff of Goebbels’ ministry, as well as Louis Heiden. Heiden was the editor of one of the many Arabic versions of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion and of a translation of Hitler’s Mein Kampf into Arabic. In 1955, the Cairo Egyptian special services for anti-Jewish and anti-Zionist propaganda hired Appler.
Other Nazis settled in Egypt as well. Most of them worked with the Egyptian government as advisers on anti-Zionist propaganda or assisted with the organization of police forces or as military trainers in Palestinian terrorist camps. In 1957, according to Frankfurter Illustrierte [August 25, 1957], the number of Nazis in Egypt was two thousand. [emphasis added] Erich Altern (Ali Bella), the chief of the Jewish section of the Gestapo in occupied Galicia [Eastern Central Europe, between Poland and Ukraine] during the war, escaped to Egypt in the early 1950s, where he served as a military instructor in the Palestinian camps. [Standartenfuhrer (an SS regiment leader)] Baumann (Ali Ben Khader), who had collaborated in the extermination of Jews in the Warsaw ghetto and went into hiding, became a military specialist in Egypt for the army of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO).
The pervasive impact of this ugly mentality is perhaps best illustrated by then Colonel Anwar El-Sadat’s 1953 “Letter to Hitler”. When, in September, 1953 several news agency reports were circulated claiming that Hitler was still alive, the Cairo weekly Al Musawwar, posed this question to a number of Egyptian personalities, including Sadat: “If you wished to send Hitler a personal letter, what would you write to him?” In response, Sadat wrote the following, published September 18, 1953: (here, p. 155 )
My dear Hitler,
I congratulate you from the bottom of my heart. Even if you appear to have been defeated, in reality you are the victor. You succeeded in creating dissensions between Churchill, the old man, and his allies, the Sons of Satan. [emphasis added] Germany will win because her existence is necessary to preserve the world balance. Germany will be reborn in spite of the Western and Eastern powers. There will be no peace unless Germany once again becomes what she was. The West, as well as the East, will pay for her rehabilitation—whether they like it or not. Both sides will invest a great deal of money and effort in Germany in order to have her on their side, which is of great benefit to Germany. So much for the present and the future. As for the past, I think you made mistakes, like too many battlefronts and the shortsightedness of Ribbentrop vis-a vis the experienced British diplomacy. But your trust in your country and people will atone for those blunders. We will not be surprised if you appear again in Germany or if a new Hitler rises up in your wake. [emphasis added]
Almost 40 years ago (1973/74) Bat Ye’or published a remarkably prescient analysis of the Islamic antisemitism and resurgent jihadism in her native Egypt, being packaged for dissemination throughout the Muslim world. The primary, core Antisemitic and jihadist motifs were Islamic, derived from Islam’s foundational texts, on to which European, especially Nazi elements were grafted.
Nazi academic and propagandist of extermination Johannes von Leers’ writings and personal career trajectory — as a favored contributor in Goebbels’ propaganda ministry, to his eventual adoption of Islam (as Omar Amin von Leers) while working as an anti-Western, and antisemitic/anti-Zionist propagandist under Nasser’s regime from the mid-1950s, until his death in 1965 — represents the apotheosis of this convergence of jihad, Islamic antisemitism, and racist, Nazi antisemitism, described by Bat Ye’or.
Upon his arrival in Egypt in 1956, it was the jihadist and Nazi ally, Hajj Amin el-Husseini, former Mufti of Jerusalem, who welcomed von Leers, stating, “We are grateful to you for having come here to resume the struggle against the powers of darkness incarnated by international Judaism.” The ex-Mufti oversaw von Leers’ formal conversion to Islam, and remained one of his confidants. And von Leers described the origins of the Muslim “forename,” Omar Amin, that he adopted as part of his conversion to Islam in a November, 1957 letter to American Nazi H. Keith Thompson,
I myself have embraced Islam and accepted the new forename Omar Amin, Omar according to the great Caliph Omar who was a grim enemy of the Jews, Amin in honor of my friend Hajj Amin el Husseini, the Grand Mufti.
Already in essays published during 1938 and 1942, the first dating back almost two decades before his conversion to Islam while in Egypt, von Leers produced analyses focused primarily on Muhammad’s interactions with the Jews of Medina. These essays reveal his pious reverence for Islam and its prophet, and a thorough understanding of the sacralized Islamic sources for this narrative, i.e., the Koran, hadith, and sira. which is entirely consistent with standard Muslim apologetics.Hmmmm...........Geert Wilders vindicated?Read the full story here.
- Please elaborate?MSNBC Under Bush – Natural Disasters Create Jobs; MSNBC Under Obama – Natural Disasters Wipe Out Jobs.(EmergingCorruption).Perhaps using a preemptive strike to help combat the May jobs report to be released on Friday, MSNBC has already found an excuse for lost jobs, and an increased unemployment rate – storms, tornadoes and flooding. According to a business report:
“…homes or places of business have been destroyed in this year’s wave of storms, tornadoes and flooding. That means thousands of workers in the South and Midwest could be out of work for some time, potentially pushing up the nation’s jobless rate and further taxing financially strapped state unemployment funds.”
Yet in 2004, when reporting on an October jobs report in which hiring had increased at the fastest pace in seven months, MSNBC somehow managed to find analysts who said the jump in hiring was due mainly to another form of natural disaster – hurricanes. The business report at that time read:
“Some analysts were skeptical about the latest surge of hiring, pointing out that much of the unusually large jump in October stemmed from cleanup and rebuilding in Florida and other states that were ravaged by four hurricanes…”That assessment is buoyed by an accompanying CNBC video in which Senior Economics Reporter, Steve Liesman, asks President Bush’s economic advisor, Gregory Mankiw, about the ‘Hurricane Effect’ on a jobs report.
Liesman: The concern here is that there was a lot of hurricane related with bounce back from September and a lot of construction related activity that added to jobs in October. Greg, take a step back from the number, the 339,000, where is the trend as far as you can tell?
Considering the devastation and destruction wrought by the recent spate of tornadoes, would there not be an uptick in construction related activity as well?MSNBC followed that report with another forecast on job growth in November of 2004, which anticipated glowing numbers due to a ‘post-hurricane rebound’. That report read:
“Economists, who have been burned over the past few months by reports that fell short of expectations, are once again looking for a solid report, partly because of an expected rebound after four hurricanes tore through Florida and other southern states in August and September.”That said, the biggest contradiction to the aforementioned ‘tornadoes wipe out jobs’ report may have come from an AP article run on the MSNBC site itself just four days ago. The headline?Natural disasters probably won’t bruise US economy.That piece stated:
The tornadoes and floods that have devastated parts of the South and Midwest have also hammered the local economies — flooding farmlands, suspending factory work and disrupting energy production. Yet for the U.S. economy overall, the damage will likely be scant. At most, the disasters might knock one-tenth of 1 percentage point off national economic growth in the April-June quarter, Wells Fargo economist Mark Vitner estimates.“It’s so small, you aren’t going to notice it,” said Patrick Newport, an economist at IHS Global Insight.Also of interest is the next sentence which reads:
Others caution, though, that the tornado season hasn’t ended yet, and the hurricane season has yet to arrive. Further major disasters could begin to weigh on the U.S. economy.
So in the view of MSNBC, hurricanes and natural disasters in 2004 actually helped to create jobs, while in 2011 they will likely eliminate jobs. What’s the biggest difference leading to two very contradicting conclusions in these jobs reports?Who was running for re-election in October of 2004, and who is running for re-election now?Hmmmmm.....It reminds me of the 1939 Goebbels era.Read the full story here.
- Major Oil Find in Texas, 3,000 Wells in 12 Months (Unless Obama Stops This Also).(YidWithLid).Texas has a reputation of doing things in a big way and this time is no different, one of the worlds largest oil fields have been found right here in the U.S. in the western part of Texas.And companies are rushing to get it out of the ground. More than a dozen companies plan to drill up to 3,000 wells around here in the next 12 months.Eagle Ford the name of the Texas field, is just one of about 20 new onshore oil fields that industry sources say could collectively increase the nation’s oil output by 25 percent within a decade.The "problem" is, at least to environmentalists, the oil fields are of the "shale oil" variety, and the way to get it it out of the ground is by fracking a process that makes environmentalists nervous. Fracking involves injecting water, with sand and other additives, into the rock to push the oil and/or gas into accessible pockets. Improvements in technology allow drilling horizontally from a single, above-ground well, reducing the above-ground hit on the environment.The Eagle Ford, where the first well was drilled only three years ago, is already producing more than 100,000 barrels a day and could reach 420,000 by 2015, almost as much as Ecuador, according to Bentek Energy, a consultancy. That's only four years from now, but don't start celebrating yet environmentalists are trying very hard to stop the use of fracking. According to a recent report released by Congressman Issa, the Obama administration is doing its best to make it difficult to use the fracking method of extracting oil and gas.Oh and there is that other "thing." According to the Washington Examiner, the 3-inch dunes sagebrush lizard could hinder drilling in West Texas, as it could be named a new endangered species. If put on the list in December, drillers fear the lizard’s new status would slow down or halt drilling in the area.Based on his track record of preventing drilling in the guild and the canceling of shale drilling contracts in Utah, it will not be surprising if President Obama finds a way to stop this drilling also.Hmmmm.....If he wanted to destroy America, would he do anything different?Read the full story here.
- Bibi: ‘We’ll Protect Jerusalem and Jerusalem Will Protect Us’.(ArutzSheva).Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu spoke during Tuesday’s Jerusalem Day celebration at the Mercaz HaRav yeshiva in Jerusalem. As he entered the Beit Medrash, over a thousand students sang the words with which Moses blessed the tribe of Binyamin: "And to Binyamin he said: Beloved by God, he will dwell in security."The head of the yeshiva, Rav Yaakov Shapira, welcomed the Prime Minister with warm words for his forthright speech in the US Congress, adding that our "roadmap" is the Bible and that all of the land of Israel stems from Jerusalem and has the same indivisible status as the hoy city.Netanyahu started by recalling how the government ministers sit during their meetings and browse through letters and other reports. He noted, however, that one minister browses through the Tanach and sometimes the Talmud. That minister, said Netanyahu, is Justice Minister Ya’akov Ne’eman, who was sitting on the dais to the right of him.“For Ne’eman, public service is holy work,” said Netanyahu, “and as such, from time to time he shares with me something new that he’s found. So I’m happy to be here with him and many other great people such as the Chief Rabbi of Israel, Rabbi Yona Metzger, the former Chief Rabbi of Israel and current Chief Rabbi of Tel Aviv, Rabbi Lau, Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat, and Rabbi Ya’akov Shapira who heads the Mercaz Harav yeshiva.”Addressing Rabbi Shapira directly, Netanyahu said: “I just heard the song ‘Od Avinu Chai’ (our Father still lives, sung by the students as the PM took his seat). Your father still lives, too. I remember the great Rabbi Shapira, and he still lives in you, in your spirit, in the spirit of all the great rabbis, but above all, he lives in the spirit of all of you students of Mercaz Harav.”Netanyahu thanked those present for their support during his visit to the United States last week.“When I was overseas, I received all your blessings and support,” he said. “You wanted to strengthen me and you did it, because during that entire week I kept remembering one verse: ‘Chazak Chazak v’Nitchazek.’ (Be strong, be strong, and may we be strengthened). May we strengthen one another. We need that strength every day of the year. We’re undergoing a great struggle but we also have some great achievements. 44 years ago, Israel’s soldiers fulfilled the vision of the prophets and brought back Jerusalem to its proper place.“My friends, almost 2,000 years have passed since the destruction,” continued Netanyahu. “And today Jerusalem is beautiful and is a pride to the entire country. We came back to Jerusalem as builders, and today Jerusalem is growing and flourishing. We need to continue and build and develop the city. We see how the citizens of Jerusalem walk in it proudly. Jerusalem has once again become the capital of the Jewish people. Jerusalem is built, it is joined and unified forever,” he ended paraphrasing Psalm 132. The Prime Minister did not repeat his words to the Congress about finding creative ways to keep the city united and satisfy the Palestinians.He recalled the government meeting this week, which took place at Migdal David in honor of Jerusalem Day. “Before the meeting I went down to the basement and saw a model of the city from the middle of the 19th century. In the model you see the synagogue standing upright, and then you see another synagogue. And you see the Jewish Quarter. We know that we were turned away from the city, but we came back and rebuilt. The synagogue now stands, complete, just like in its glory days.”The Prime Minister ended with a blessing, perhaps a hint of no building freezes, in honor of Jerusalem Day.“There’s nothing more holy to us than Jerusalem,” he said. “We’ll keep Jerusalem, we’ll keep its unity, we’ll build it. We’ll protect Jerusalem and Jerusalem will protect us. I say to you not just Chag Sameach, but L’Shana Haba’a BiYerushalyim Habenuya Yoter (Next year in Jerusalem which is built even more)!”Read the full story here.
- Sesame Street Spreads Secret Political Messages, Insiders Admit.(AtlanticWire).In his new book Primetime Propaganda, conservative writer and columnist Ben Shapiro called the seemingly innocuous show Sesame Street a vehicle for spreading left-wing propaganda, according to the Daily Mail. Shapiro apparently interviewed "hundreds of industry insiders," some of whom actually admitted using their shows to "spread secret political messages.""I was shocked by the openness of the Hollywood crowd when it came to admitting anti-conservative discrimination inside the industry," Shapiro told The Independent. "They weren't ashamed of it. In fact, some were actually proud of it." The Independent summarizes some of Shapiro's findings:
The TV series Friends undermined family values; Sesame Street taught ethnic minorities about civil disobedience; Happy Days had a subtle anti-Vietnam subtext; and the 1980s cop show MacGyver tried to persuade pistol-packing Americans that guns are bad.
But Sesame Street, which targets us when we're young, is worst of all. Shapiro quotes Mike Dann, one of the show's founding executives, saying it "was not made for the sophisticated or the middle class." Early episodes featured the character Grover breaking bread with a hippie. Oscar, who lived in a rubbish bin, was supposed to address "conflicts arising from racial and ethnic diversity." Dann also told Shapiro he used the program in the wake of 9/11 to highlight how there were peaceful alternatives to war. Shameful! Criminal, even! In fairness to Shapiro, however, Sesame Street was criticized in the past for having an anti-right agenda in 2009, when it mockingly referred to America’s Fox News channel as "Pox News.""Sesame Street tried to tackle divorce, tackled 'peaceful conflict resolution' in the aftermath of 9/11, and had [gay actor] Neil Patrick Harris on the show playing the subtly-named 'fairy shoeperson'," writes Shapiro. And since 95 percent of Americans have watched the show by the time they're three years old, well, the levels of brainwashing must be astronomical!"Television isn't just about entertainment," said Shapiro. "It's an attempt to convince Americans that the social, economic, and foreign policy shaped by leftism is morally righteous." And, he added to the Independent, "It's not paranoid to speak the truth."Hmmmm......Dictatorship or democracy?Read and see the full story here.
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission:HP Expands Recall of Notebook Computer Batteries Due to Fire Hazard. Consumers urged to recheck notebook models and batteries
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
Name of Product: Lithium-ion batteries used in HP and Compaq notebook computers
Units: About 162,600 additional batteries (54,000 and 70,000 batteries were previously recalled in May 2010 and May 2009, respectively)Importer: Hewlett-Packard Company, of Palo Alto, Calif.
Hazard: The recalled lithium-ion batteries can overheat and rupture, posing fire and burn hazards to consumers.
Incidents/Injuries: Since the May 2010 recall expansion, HP has received 40 additional reports of batteries that overheated and ruptured, resulting in seven burn injuries, one smoke inhalation injury, and 36 instances of property damage.
Description: The recalled lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are used with various model series of HP and Compaq notebook computers and include batteries that consumers were informed were not included in previous recalls. The chart below includes all notebook model numbers associated with batteries recalled to date. The computer model number is located at the top of the service label on the bottom of the notebook computer. Not all batteries matching the bar codes are being recalled.Read the full story here.
- Press Preview for “What’s Cooking, Uncle Sam?” Exhibit at the National Archives.Groundbreaking exhibit explores nation’s love affair with, fear of, and obsession with food.What's Cooking, Uncle Sam? is a thoughtful selection of records culled from thousands of pages of material that chronicle the story of the government’s efforts to feed Americans an ample, safe, and nutritious diet. Spanning the Revolutionary War-era through the late 1900s, the documents, films, and photographs in the exhibition echo many of our current concerns about the Government's role in the health and safety of our food supply. There are over 100 original records in the exhibit—including folk songs, war posters, educational films, and even seed packets. Passing over the traditional chronological approach, the exhibition is arranged into four themes: “Farm,” “Factory,” “Kitchen,” and “Table.” What's Cooking, Uncle Sam?" is made possible in part by the Foundation for the National Archives with support from Mars Incorporated and Mars Food.At the preview, the press will be invited to sample tastes from several of the recipes featured in the exhibition and the companion cookbook.Hmmmm....Why do i get a bad feeling about this?Read and see the full story here.
- Iran dominates Nato "Ally" Turkey oil imports in Q1.(PressTV).The Islamic Republic of Iran has topped the list of oil exporters to Turkey in the first quarter of 2011, a report has revealed.According to a report released by Turkey's Energy Market Regulatory Authority (EMRA), the country imported six million tons of oil during the period.Iran was also the main country from where Turkey imported oil throughout the first quarter of 2011, Anatolia News Agency reported on Monday.The report added that some 4.2 million tons of the overall six million tons of oil imports was crude, 1.4 million tons was diesel, 135,379 tons was fuel, 56,471 tons was jet fuel, 53,225 tons was 95 octane unleaded gasoline, and 2,082 tons was aviation fuel.Iran's share in Turkey's oil imports amounted to 30 percent, whereas Iraq and Russia followed by 12 and 11 percent respectively.The EMRA report comes as Iran and Turkey have in recent years considerably expanded their economy, trade and energy cooperation.Hmmmm....."Sanctions that bite"?Why not end this whole sharade and get Turkey out of NATO.Read the full story here.
- Sheik Sau'd Al-Shreim In Friday Sermon At Mecca's Al-Haram Mosque:Western Women Contemptible Merchandise In Houses Of Whoring And Abomination, Channel 1 (Saudi Arabia).Read and see the full story here.
- Dr. Aleida Guevara, Daughter Of Che Guevara, Meets Hizbullah Leaders In Lebanon: "If We Do Not Conduct Resistance, We Will Disappear From The Face Of The Earth".(Memri).Read and see the full story here.
- Islamic Movement leader Sheikh Salah charged with obstructing officer.(Ynet).Islamic Movement leader charged with violently refusing security checks on Jordanian border. An indictment was filed with the Jerusalem Magistrates' Court Wednesday against the leader of the Islamic Movement's Northern Branch, Sheikh Raed Salah, charging him with obstructing a law enforcement officer on duty.The indictment cites an incident that occurred in March, when Salah arrived at the Allenby Bridge crossing with Jordan together with his wife and asked to cross into Israel. The couple was taken to a separate wing to be checked, due to Salah's public post.The prosecution claims that the Islamic Movement official refused to comply with the security requirements, declining to have his baggage and person checked. But he lost all control when a female officer tried to examine his wife, screaming at the officer that she was being disrespectful and bodily denying her access to his spouse, the indictment says. The commander of the crossing asked Salah to calm down and leave the examination room, but he continued to yell and obstruct the officer, and ordered his wife to leave the room as well, it adds. Two other officers were alerted to the scene and they forced him out of the room, but the prosecution claims he continued to argue loudly and, after having been seated, got up, pushed the officers out of the way, and tried to enter the room again, kicking at the door. The prosecution claims that the kicked-in door caused injury to one of the officers.It was Salah's second arrest this year. In February he was nabbed by police on suspicion of setting fire to a eucalyptus grove in southern Israel, in protest against conservation work being done there by the Jewish National Fund. He had just been released from Ayalon Prison a few months prior, where he was serving a five-month sentence for assaulting a police officer. Other prior offenses include taking part in the May 31 Gaza flotilla.Hmmmmm.......Something tells me he will miss the boat this time.Read the full story here.
- Violent clashes erupt during Jerusalem Day parade.(Ynet).Traditional 'Flag Dance' procession commemorating Jerusalem's reunification becomes scene of violent clashes between marchers and Arab residents of capital's eastern neighborhoods. Several rioters detained by police .Violent clashes broke out on Wednesday during the traditional "Flag Dance" parade in east Jerusalem. Police detained at least 15 people, both Jewish and Arab, some of whom are suspected of hurling stones. Three people were lightly wounded.Marchers and local business owners hurled stones and fruit at each other near Damascus Gate. Large police forces were deployed and arrested two rioters.A marcher and an Arab resident were injured near Damascus Gate from stones they pelted at one another. Another marcher was lightly injured from a stone that was pelted at him near Sheikh Jarrah. All three received medical treatment at a nearby hospital. Hamed, a shopkeeper, accused the marchers of hurling stones at Arab shops near the Damascus Gate. "We closed the shops because they're throwing stones at us. These people don't want to celebrate, they want to fight," he told Ynet. Several protestors were arrested near the site after chanting nationalistic slogans and trying to harm Arabs. Two protestors were also arrested in Silwan on suspicion they hurled stones at security forces. Among the marchers were extreme-right activists carrying stickers reading "Kahane was right." Two Jewish rioters were arrested in Nevi'im street after hurling objects at Arab passersby. There were no injuries. The clashes broke out earlier between marchers and left-wing activists near the Tomb of Simon the Just in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood. Police arrested two protestors. The activists, who waved signs reading "Jewish-Arab solidarity against apartheid," claimed that police used excessive force. Clashes continued later when several Sheikh Jarrah residents waved Palestinian flags over rooftops. Some of the marchers shouted "death to Arabs" in response, which prompted the hurling of stones. No injuries were reported. Police detained several rioters. Officers also dispersed several Kahane followers in the Tomb of Simon the Just who assaulted several leftists. A right-wing activist who entered a local mosque with an Israeli flag was also arrested.Read the full story here.
- Turkey - The mysterious case of the multiplying voters a.k.a. how to 'gain' an extra 10 % of the votes.(StopTurkey).Important Article About Possible Election Fraud in Turkey's Upcoming Elections.The author notes that the number of registered voters in Turkey has mysteriously increased in recent times. Only last year at the Sept. 12 referendum, the number of eligible registered voters was around 49 million and in 2007 it was 42 million and in 2002 it was 41.4 million. In 2010 and 2011, it all of a sudden reached 49 and 52 million, respectively. How? Are Turks multiplying like rabbits? Particularly, how have Turks multiplied by three additional million since September 2010, resulting in the number of eligible voters increasing from 49 million to 52 million? What has happened? Or, has someone placed in his pocket in advance some 10 percent of the vote in case of any emergency? It smells bad, does it not?Disturbingly, opinion polls in the country also show massive variation in support for political parties. My problem with the public opinion polls is that so far I could not come up with a public opinion research company in this country who successfully and accurately forecasted three consecutive general or local elections. For every election there is generally a public opinion company, which came very close in its reports to the actual outcome of the poll. And, of course there is nothing surprising in that as there are companies suggesting that the ruling Justice and Development Party, or AKP, will have an electoral support as low as 36 percent in the June 12 election, while there are companies claiming the ruling party will do very well and get support of some 52 percent of the electorate. If the AKP receives between 35 and 54 percent of the vote, then there will be companies declaring victory and celebrating their accurate forecast on the June 12 evening. For God sake, there is almost 20 percentage points between the lowest and the highest forecasts, how scientific can such forecasts be?In first-world nations, professional polling is normally very reliable. There tends to be only a slight variation between polls done by different companies and between polls and the election result itself.Read the full story here, more here.
In this short audio file, prominent Egyptian Salafi Shaykh Abi-Ishaq al-Huwayni explains that Muslims' financial difficulties are due to the fact that they have abandoned jihad. The solution? Go on jihadist raids a few times a year, and bring back prisoners, including women and children, which can be sold in the market like groceries to bring in extra income when times are tough. Unbelievable.
Hmmmm......Do you have to pay taxes on this 'extra income'?Source Translating Jihad.
We are in the era of jihad. The era of jihad has come over us, and jihad in the path of Allah is a pleasure. It is a real pleasure. The companions (of the Prophet) used to compete to (perform jihad). The poverty that we’re in—is it not due to our abandonment of jihad? But if we could conduct one, two, or three jihadist operations every year, many people throughout the earth would become Muslims. And whoever rejected this da’wa, or stood in our way, we would fight against him and take him prisoner, and confiscate his wealth, his children, and his women—all of this means money. Every mujahid who returned from jihad, his pockets would be full. He would return with 3 or 4 slaves, 3 or 4 women, and 3 or 4 children. Multiply each head by 300 dirhams, or 300 dinar, and you have a good amount of profit. If he were to go to the West and work on a commercial deal, he would not make that much money. Whenever things became difficult (financially), he could take the head (i.e. the prisoner) and sell it, and ease his (financial) crisis. He would sell it like groceries. Of those who are--(cuts off).
- Syria Live Blog - June 01. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Libya Live Blog - June 01. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Yemen Live Blog - June 01 . Here. (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan today 5.0 ! Lots of activity in Greece and Turkey.More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 127.On 01.06.2011 at 10:05 GMT+2
High levels of a radioactive substance that collects in bones were found in soil samples from a damaged Japanese nuclear power plant, its operator said Wednesday. Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO), which runs the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station, detected up to 480 becquerels of strontium-90 per kilogram of soil taken at three locations about 500 metres from two reactors at the six-reactor plant, the public broadcaster NHK reported. The measurement was about 100 times higher than the maximum reading recorded in Fukushima prefecture in atmospheric nuclear tests conducted by foreign countries during the Cold War, NHK said. The plant was hit by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami and has leaked radioactive substances into the environment ever since. Once humans inhale strontium, it tends to accumulate in bones and can cause cancer. It has a half-life of 29.1 years. TEPCO also reported detecting 2,800 becquerels of strontium-89 per kilogram of soil at the same location, NHK said. Strontium-89 has a half-life of 50.5 days. In March, both strontium-90 and -89 were also found in soil and plants in Namie town and Iitate village, more than 30 kilometres from the plant.
Situation Update No. 126- On 01.06.2011 at 03:04 GMT+2
The Tokyo Electric Power Co. (Tepco), which operates the troubled Fukushima nuclear plant, on Tuesday announced that the facility's reactors have been leaking oil into the sea. At about 8:00 a.m. local time Tepco workers noticed oil floating on the sea during a patrol. The oil stain is around 200 to 300 meters long and leaked from the curtain wall of the water intake canal of reactors 5 and 6 at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant. Tepco reported the incident to the Futaba Wide-area Fire Headquarters and the Fukushima Coastguard Office. In addition, workers installed oil fences to prevent the oil from spreading to the outer sea. The cause of the leakage is under investigation bur preliminary reports indicated that the tanks and pipes for heavy oil were damaged in the earthquake and tsunami that stuck Japan on March 11. If confirmed, oil could have been leaking into the sea since then. It was also informed that Tepco workers completed the installation of adsorption mattress around the affected sea bank area. The pipes were stained with oil but the leaking has almost stopped. The company scheduled reinforcement work around pipes inside sea bank as well as recovery efforts to control the oil spill. Each one of the damaged oil tanks has a capacity of 960,000 liters.
Situation Update No. 125 - On 31.05.2011 at 14:21 GMT+2
Oil was leaking into the sea from heavy oil tanks for reactors 5 and 6 at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant, Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Tuesday, adding the spill may have been ongoing since the March 11 quake and tsunami. Tepco said workers at the site saw an oil slick floating on the sea at 8 a.m. Tuesday near the intakes of units 5 and 6. The oil slick is believed to be 200 to 300 meters long. The total amount of oil that has leaked is still unknown, and the utility plans to set up a boom to prevent the slick from spreading. According to the utility, the two tanks, whose capacity is 960 kiloliters each, were hit by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami and the tanks themselves or pipelines sustained damage, probably causing the oil spill. Tepco spokesman Junichi Matsumoto said the utility believes the leak probably started on or shortly after March 11, noting the tsunami moved the tanks more than 10 meters to the north. When the tsunami hit, a tanker was refilling the tanks and they were nearly full, Matsumoto said during a news conference at Tepco headquarters. After the tsunami, workers visually checked the tanks from the outside, and did not conduct a detailed inspection, Tepco said. Akio Koyama, a professor at Kyoto University's Research Reactor Institute and an expert on managing radioactive waste, said heavy oil floating on the sea is unlikely be contaminated with radioactive materials released from the crippled nuclear plant. Radioactive materials such as ionic cesium usually dissolve in water. Water and oil are immiscible, so radioactive materials in the water rarely get absorbed by oil, Koyama said. Radioactive materials in the air might stick to the oil, but the amount would be less compared with what's in the seawater, he added.Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- By Accident Or Design, Obama Leading Us Into War.(BigPeace).Today brings (at least) three warnings from veteran observers of Middle East affairs. If even only one of them is half right, the Middle East, and a large swath of the world beyond, are on course for very troubled times. In my mind, it’s only a question of timing. Can Obama hold the flood waters (and himself) back until the election in 2012? If he does and he wins, Obama and the Muslim world, will have no incentive to rein themselves in.Hmmmm.....My guess it's the latter.
- Evelyn Gordon, Commentary, 5/31/2011
- Barry Rubin, Pajamas Media, 5/29/11
- Caroline Glick, JPost, 5/30/11
- Obama the "record President': Number of Americans on Food Stamps, Amount of Government Limos.(ABC).A record number of Americans — about 14 percent — now rely on the federal government’s food stamps program and its rapid expansion in recent years has become a politically explosive topic.More than 44.5 million Americans received SNAP benefits in March, an 11 percent increase from one year ago and nearly 61 percent higher than the same time four years ago.Nearly 21 million households are reliant on food stamps.Opponents of the program argue that money from the food stamps budget — with what they call its increasingly lax requirements — needs to be shifted to other programs such as education and child nutrition. The program’s supporters argue that at a time of economic decline, such welfare programs are even more important to try to keep Americans from spiraling into poverty.A new report from a watchdog group shows that the number of limousines owned by the federal government rose by 73 percent during the first two years of President Obama’s administration. The State Department was the recipient of most the new luxury vehicles.The “Limousine Liberals?” report from iWatch News, part of the nonprofit Center for Public Integrity, showed that government data pegged the number of limos in the federal fleet at 412 in fiscal 2010, up from 238 in fiscal 2008.The General Services Administration, which keeps the data, also told iWatch News that its "limousine" category refers to a range of vehicles, including sedans.But that doesn't mean the government is buying jalopies. The State Department said its vehicle of choice was the Cadillac DTS.Nope, no Chevy volts!Hmmmm......And last but not least the most eyecatching record :
Church goingsorry Golf sessions!Read the full story here.
- Consider This.A few questions about the man currently occupying the White House:(AOW).
*If any of our presidents, during his campaign for the presidency, faulted the incumbent president for having excessive deficits, and then during his own turn in office, had deficits twice as high, would you have approved?*
*If any other of our presidents had criticized a state law that he admitted he never even read, would you think that he is just an ignorant hot head?*
*If any other of our presidents joined the country of Mexico and sued a state in the United States to force that state to continue to allow illegal immigration, would you question his patriotism and wonder who’s side he was on?*
*If any other of our presidents had pronounced the Marine Corps like “Marine Corpse”, would you think him an idiot?*
*If any other of our presidents had put 87,000 workers out of work by arbitrarily placing a moratorium on offshore oil drilling on companies that have one of the best safety records of any industry because one foreign company had an accident, would you have agreed?*
*If any other of our presidents had used a forged document as the basis of the moratorium that would render 87,000 American workers unemployed would you support him?*
*If any other of our presidents had been the first President to need a teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?*
*If any other of our presidents had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take his First Lady to a play in NYC, would you have approved?*Continued ,please read the full list here.
- Judicial Travesty: Supreme Court Orders Release of 46,000 Convicted Felons.(BigGovernment).This recent decision has been in the making since 1990 when the class action Coleman v. Brown was filed in District Court that found that California “prisoners with serious mental illness do not receive minimal, adequate care.” Then in 2001 Plata v. Brown said “the State (California) conceded that deficiencies in prison medical care violated prisoners’ Eighth Amendment rights and stipulated to a remedial injunction.”In 2005 when California did not comply with the “remedial injunction” a three-judge court was empowered “to order reductions in the prison population.” All of this is further explained in the recent ninety-one-page U. S. Supreme Court decision that can be found under “Recent Decisions” here and selecting Brown v. Plata.Reading the text of the decision the court “concluded that it would be possible to reduce the prison population ‘in a manner that preserves public safety and the operation of the criminal justice system.’”The decision says the state has created “a certain and unacceptable risk of continuing violations of the rights of sick and mentally ill prisoners, with the result that many more will die or needlessly suffer.” Further that, “The constitution does not permit this wrong.”The court used a statement from the former heads of correctional systems in Washington, Maine, and Pennsylvania, to justify that California prisons are “criminogenic” and a statement from a chief probation officer who testified that “it seems like (the prisons) produce additional criminal behavior”. In that same passage California’s Little Hoover Commission stated, “California communities are burdened with absorbing 123,000 offenders returning from prison, often more dangerous than when they left.”The court also found, “that various available methods of reducing overcrowding would have little or no impact on public safety.”But Justice Scalia and Thomas strongly disagree; Today the Court affirms what is perhaps the most radical injunction issued by a court in our Nation’s history: an order requiring California to release the staggering number of 46,000 convicted criminals.I would reverse the decision below for three interrelated reasons. First, the three-judge court improperly refused to consider evidence concerning present conditions in the California prison system. Second, the court erred in holding that no remedy short of a massive prisoner release can bring the California system into compliance with the Eighth Amendment. Third, the court gave inadequate weight to the impact of its decree on public safety.In taking this view, Congress was well aware of the impact of previous prisoner release orders. The prisoner release program carried out a few years earlier in Philadelphia is illustrative. In the early 1990’s, federal courts enforced a cap on the number of inmates in the Philadelphia prison system, and thousands of inmates were set free. Although efforts were made to release only those prisoners who were least likely to commit violent crimes, that attempt was spectacularly unsuccessful. During an18-month period, the Philadelphia police rearrested thousands of these prisoners for committing 9,732 new crimes. Those defendants were charged with 79 murders, 90 rapes, 1,113 assaults, 959 robberies, 701 burglaries, and 2,748 thefts, not to mention thousands of drug offenses. Members of Congress were well aware of this experience.I fear that today’s decision, like prior prisoner release orders, will lead to a grim roster of victims. I hope that I am wrong. In a few years, we will see.Read the full story here.
- Bombshell: Second CRS Memo Covering for Obama’s Ineligibility Not Released to the Public…Until Now.(TheGhostFighters).Alan
Note: this “hidden” memo was released on the Memorial Holiday weekend where it would get the least attention from a distracted populace.It is thus clear that the properanalysis in the determination as to whether one is (or even can be) a “naturalborn citizen” – at least under de Vattel’s articulation of the principles of law distinguishing “natural born citizens” from“native born citizens” – is immutably fixed in time as of the moment of birth,and not at some subsequent time.Early on, Obama himselfverbally claimed to be a native born citizen (as opposed to natural born) on the basis of his claim of Hawaii as his birthplace. He admits, in writing, to his father being a British Citizen thus making it impossible for Obama to be a natural born one.By Joseph DeMaio. (May 30, 2011) — Sherlock Holmes once noted that the perfect crime is the one that is never detected. Those who are now finally discovering the unsolved mystery of Barack Obama’s eligibility under the Constitution as a “natural born Citizen” should read more Sherlock Holmes.In reality, there is no mystery. Day-by-day, week-by-week and revelation by revelation, the empirical evidence accumulates that the man now occupying the White House may very well be plainly ineligible to do so. It only remains for thetruth to finally catch up to him, as the truth always does.And yet legions of his supporters and sycophants are doing all they can to delay and postpone that day of reckoning.
1. In order for a person to be born a “natural born Citizen” under Art. 2, Sec. 1, Cl. 5 – the“eligibility clause” of the Constitution as it was understood by the Founders under The Law of Nations by E. de Vattel, a legal scholar during the years the Constitution was conceived, drafted and executed – both such person’s parents must be, at that time, United States citizens and no U.S. Supreme Court case has held otherwise;An April 3, 2009. Congressional Research Service (“CRS”) Memorandum authored by one Jack Maskell, a Legislative Attorney in the CRS American Law Division and entitled “Qualifications for the Office of President of the United States and Legal Challenges to the Eligibility of a Candidate” and intended for distribution to members of Congress either
(a) innocently, but substantively, misreads,misconstrues and/or misapplies federal appellate and U.S. Supreme Court precedent, or
(b) intentionally, and thus improperly (and possibly illegally), alters the meaning of precedent through substantive editing by grammatical ellipsis omission of material words, and thus facts, in two federal documents, to arrive at its conclusion that Barack H. Obama is, purportedly, eligible to be president as a “natural born citizen;”Hmmmm.....the core issue regarding Mr. Obama’s eligibility is not properly confined to his actual birthplace, be it Honolulu, Mombasa or elsewhere, although that is a related issue. Rather, the central focus in addition must be on the citizenship status of his mother and, in particular, his father.Read the full story here.
- "The War on Christianity"“In the name of
'beep,beep'Jesus Christ, the risen Lord.” (FoxRadioNews).A Texas pastor who was told he could not pray in the name of Jesus during a Memorial Day ceremony at Houston National Cemetery has been granted a temporary restraining order.U.S. District Judge Lynn Hughes issued the order preventing the Dept. of Veterans Affairs and the Houston National Cemetery from ordering Pastor Scott Rainey to remove the name of Jesus from his prayer. The judge ruled that such censorship violated the First Amendment.“It is very clear that a pastor has a right as a private citizen to speak his mind freely and not have the government censor or edit the content of his speech, said Jeff Mateer, general counsel of the Liberty Institute and the attorney representing Rainey. “Our veterans fought and many died for our religious freedom and to have it stripped away under the façade of inclusiveness is the height of offense to those who have served our country.”Rainey, the pastor of Living Word Church of the Nazarene, has delivered prayers at the Memorial Day service for the past two years. But this year the cemetery’s director asked him to submit his prayer in writing.The prayer concluded with the words, “in the name of Jesus Christ, the risen Lord.”“People should be very alarmed that the government was attempting to censor someone’s private religious prayer,” Liberty Institute attorney Erin Leu told Fox News Radio. “That violates the First Amendemnt and it’s clearly unconstitutional.”Rainey told KRIV-TV that he was contacted four hours later by cemetery director Arleen Ocasio who told him to either remove the words or he would not be allowed to pray. “I have never said a prayer in my life where I didn’t end it by saying ‘in the name of Jesus Christ, I pray, amen,’” Rainey told My Fox Houston.Prior to the judge’s ruling the cemetery director issued a statement explaining why she asked for a more inclusive prayer.“Our national cemeteries are places for all veterans of all beliefs,” she wrote. “We cannot be exclusive at a ceremony meant to be inclusive for all our nation’s veterans.”At least one Houston attorney supported the cemetery’s original decision. “Asking him to be more inclusive is exactly what she should do,” attorney Geoff Berg told My Fox Houston. “That’s the American way. This is a country without a specific religion.”Hmmmm......No Easter eggs , no Christmas trees , no Jesus Christ..what's next no more christians?Read the full story here.
- The biggest money making scam since the creation of man: Cap and Trade.Obama Commerce Nominee in 2009: U.S. Must Pass Cap and Trade Now.(CNSNews).John Bryson, nominated by President Barack Obama today to head the Department of Commerce, once said it was “incredibly important” that the United States pass cap and trade legislation and that America needed to become a global leader in combating man-made global warming.“I regard it as incredibly important that the United States comes forth in this year with federal climate change legislation as a foundation for moving ahead,” Bryson told the U.N. International Energy Conference in late August 2009. “I think we in the U.S. have an obligation to assist in significant ways in providing leadership in this community of nations that you represent and addressing energy and climate change.”Bryson, in stating “in this year,” was speaking about the U.N. Climate Change Conference then-scheduled for Decmeber 2009 in Copenhagen, Denmark.Bryson, formerly the long-time CEO of Edison International, has long been an advocate of some sort of federal plan for regulating greenhouse gasses. While still CEO of Edison, Bryson called for a national cap and trade system.Bryson, a co-founder of the liberal environmentalist group Natural Resources Defense Council, was most recently a member of the United Nations’ Advisory Group on Energy and Climate Change, a panel of scientific and industry experts tasked with providing advice on combating global warming.Bryson’s nomination to head Commerce must be confirmed by the U.S. Senate.Hmmmm.......Let me guess the ex shorebank will be used for it?Read the full story here.
- Killing adult protesters not enough, "Reformer' Assad now torturing and murdering children.(Al-Arabia).Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton of the United States condemned the torture and killing of children by the authoritarian regime of President Bashar al-Assad of Syria, even as Mr. Assad’s forces continued indiscriminate murder of pro-democracy protesters.The reported torture of a 13-year-old Syrian boy demonstrates a “total collapse” of the Syrian government’s willingness to listen to its people, Mrs. Clinton said, according to Reuters.“I can only hope that this child did not die in vain but that the Syrian government will end the brutality and begin a transition to real democracy,” said Secretary Clinton. Mrs. Clinton has long been an advocate of children’s rights and women’s empowerment.State Department spokesman Mark Toner called the reports of the boy’s torture “horrifying” and “another case of the ongoing human rights abuses that we have seen carried out by Syrian forces,” Reuters reported.The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) also raised concerns about children who have been detained and tortured.The New York Times reported on Monday that an online video showed a 13-year-old boy, arrested at a protest on April 29, who it said had been tortured, mutilated and killed before his body was returned to his family.Syrian state media said that an inquiry would be carried out into the death of a 13-year-old boy allegedly tortured by Syrian security forces. Previous inquiries into the deaths of anti-regime demonstrators have yet to bear fruition.Syrian opposition activists gathered in Turkey shrugged off Mr. Assad’s announcement, after two months of deadly anti-regime protests.“This measure is insufficient: we demanded this amnesty several years ago, but it’s late in coming,” said Abdel Razak Eid, an activist from the Damascus Declaration, a reformist group launched in 2005 to demand democratic change.“We are united under the slogan: the people want the fall of the regime and all those who have committed crimes brought to account. Blood will not have been spilled in vain,” he said.The head of the Muslim Brotherhood delegation at the Antalya meeting, Melhem al-Durubi, said: “The Brotherhood joins with the Syrian people in calling for the fall of the regime.”Turkey, which shares an 800-kilometer (500-mile) border with Syria, has become increasingly critical of President Assad as the bloody crackdown against demonstrators has continued.Unlike the West, Ankara has not taken action against Mr. Assad, who removed restrictions on Turkish imports in the last three years, resulting in billions of dollars of Turkish goods flowing to Syria. The two countries have also cooperated on security.And the UN children’s agency said Tuesday it had reports that 30 children had been shot dead during the clampdown.Tuesday’s amnesty announcement by President Assad came soon after a senior official in Syria’s ruling Baath party reportedly said that a committee for national dialogue in the troubled country would be set up within 48 hours. Al-Watan daily, which is close to the government, quoted party number two Mohammed Said Bkhetan as saying the committee’s members would be wide-ranging.But the opposition has repeatedly insisted that dialogue can only take place once the violence ends, political prisoners are freed and reforms adopted.The government insists the unrest is the work of “armed terrorist gangs” backed by Islamists and foreign agitators.Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd said he had extended sanctions against Mr. Assad’s inner circle to more individuals associated with the president, and would discuss possible further legal steps with Secretary General Ban Ki-moon of the United Nations“I believe it is high time that the Security Council now consider a formal referral of President Assad to the International Criminal Court,” Mr. Rudd told the National Press Club, according to Agence-France Presse.“I am corresponding with the UN secretary general today and the president of the Security Council today on that matter,” Mr. Rudd said.United Nations rights chief Navi Pillay on Monday said the crackdown was shocking in its disregard for human rights. She has made similar comments many times before, but none of her words have seemed to impress President Assad.Hmmmm......The 'reformer' Assad in the past best buddy of Erdogan .Read the full story here.
- The Coming Assault on Israel.(AmericanThinker).Suppose you've just turned 18, barely out of high school, and now you're on guard duty at the borders of Israel, like the girls and boys who check your tourist luggage at Ben Gurion airport. It's an adult job, but you try to live a normal life, while being publicly threatened by suicidal Moo Bros, nuke-happy Ahmadinejad, and all their leftist enablers. Welcome to your life. This is not your beer-soaked Spring Break. It's not a break at all. Check out the daily hate propaganda translations in English on MEMRI.org, and you can see what they are facing. Fortunately it's easy for Israel's young draftees to drive to their IDF jobs, because it's only a few miles from their homes. A month ago Barack Obama told Egyptian President Mubarak to leave office, thereby throwing the Middle East into a dizzying downward spin. Every Muslim country is now torn by vicious in-fighting between reactionaries and modernizers. Turkey has become a Muslim Brotherhood satrapy after seventy years of the most benign government in a bad neighborhood. In Egypt the phony "democracy" demonstration in Tahrir Square -- where an American television news anchor was stripped, beaten, and gang-raped -- was immediately followed by a Million Muslim March, to welcome Egypt's Ayatollah Khomeini back from exile. The day after Mubarak fell, the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood called for trashing the Egypt-Israel Peace Treaty, the only formal peace treaty in the Middle East. Syria, Iran, Yemen, Bahrain, and Jordan have seen thousands of street demonstrators being killed. When Arab regimes see riots in the streets they always crank up the flow of hate-Israel propaganda, to distract "the Arab Street" from its real problems; it's a long and dreadfully sleazy tradition in reactionary Islam. More than a million Israelis emigrated from Arab countries and Iran, where wild mob scapegoating was standard operating procedure after the imam's weekly sermon, and no one was allowed to defend themselves. They have really great gun control laws in countries like Iran and Syria, which is why all good liberals love them. A million plus Jews from Arab countries left and moved to Israel. It is still their land of refuge, in a world that is falling back into its medieval past. So if you are an eighteen year old draftee in Israel today, you can see every nation within missile range turning ugly. You have to grow up fast. Today in Egypt, Coptic Christians are being murdered with the silent consent of the military regime. Turkey is planning to demolish the oldest Christian monastery in the world. Palestinian Christians have been driven out of Bethlehem. In India and Pakistan, Muslim mobs have rioted against Hindus, as usual. Thank you, Barack Hussein Obama. The other day Obama assured a brainwashed group of American Jews that those "Arab Spring" riots are bound to improve the chances for peace in the Middle East. He should have been laughed out of the room. Instead, liberal Jews seem completely willing to believe in Tinkerbell and the Fairy Queen again. Liberals all over the world are in nodding off to sleep, and the radical left plays them like a Hawaiian ukulele. They are sure to vote Obama again, because he's so intelligent and liberal.Obama has a lifetime of radical activism. Everybody he's ever known is the same way. The very word "activist" is a euphemism for the old term "agitator." Communist agitators like Saul Alinsky used to take a lot of pride in whipping up discontent, which is why Alinskyites founded ACORN and 40 other rabble-rousing groups. Today Chicago --- Tomorrow the World! The question is whether as president Obama has enabled the collusion between his friends and comrades Bill Ayers, Jodie Evans, and Code Pink with the likes of Hamas and Hezb'allah. Ten years after 9/11 we have a president who actually brings Hamas to power. Obama assassinated OBL with one hand while aiding and abetting his twin brothers in Egypt. The media celebrated him for his heroic defense of America. If Israel survives the coming assault, the Israeli and American left will quickly cover up for his sabotage of peace in the Middle East. Israel has its own Fifth Column. It often happens in war. So if you're an 18-year old boy or girl and you see a "peace" flotilla off Gaza you also have to watch for coordinated Hamas suicide attacks in Jerusalem. The left will try to draw you to one place while Hamas and Hezb'allah will find a weak spot to attack. Syria is bristling with Scud missiles, Hezb'allah controls Lebanon, and Iran can now send warships through the Suez Canal to dock at the new Russian naval base in Syria. You don't know where the next attack will come from. Yes, you've learned to shoot a gun and you've learned the rules of engagement in strictly controlled, civilized armies.But your biggest dilemma is telling friend from foe. Take America, for instance. It used to be a friend, but is it now a foe? (The answer is Yes.) Turkey and Iran used to have excellent relations with Israel (before Jimmy Carter did his thing), but they are now bitter foes. Europe used to profess its friendship, but with 53 million European Muslims next door, will Europe collapse again? (The answer is Yes.) If you're that 18 year old kid the left and Islamic suiciders have just made your first job a lot tougher. Your chances for getting wounded or killed are a lot bigger. You've been Community Organized. This administration has sent a clear signal that it's ok to screw with Israel's sovereignty, safety, and security. Like everything else with Obama, there are rules for Me and rules for You, and they are never the same. Americans who do not understand the extreme anti-American, anti-Israel policies of this administration are deaf, dumb, and blind. No matter how educated and intelligent they seem to be, on crucial questions of survival they are self-appointed victims.At least Muslim radicals choose to commit suicide. Liberals do it completely unawares. Hmmmm.... The biggest threat to Israel since Hitler's days. Read the full story here.
- Final remarks of Geert Wilders at his trial in Amsterdam , June 1st, 2011.(TundraTabloids).Mister President, members of the Court,
I am here because of what I have said. I am here for having spoken. I have spoken, I speak and I shall continue to speak. Many have kept silent, but not Pim Fortuyn, not Theo Van Gogh , and not I.I am obliged to speak. For the Netherlands is under threat of Islam. As I have argued many times, Islam is chiefly an ideology. An ideology of hatred, of destruction, of conquest. It is my strong conviction that Islam is a threat to Western values, to freedom of speech, to the equality of men and women, of heterosexuals and homosexuals, of believers and unbelievers.All over the world we can see how freedom is fleeing from Islam. Day by day we see our freedoms dwindle.
Islam is opposed to freedom. Renowned scholars of Islam from all parts of the world agree on this. My witness experts subscribe to my view. There are more Islam scholars whom the court did not allow me to call upon to testify. All agree with my statements, they show that I speak the truth. That truth is on trial today.We must live in the truth, said the dissidents under Communist rule, because the truth will set us free. Truth and freedom are inextricably connected. We must speak the truth because otherwise we shall lose our freedom.That is why I have spoken, why I speak and why I shall continue to speak.
The statements for which I am being tried are statements which I made in my function as a politician participating in the public debate in our society. My statements were not aimed at individuals, but at Islam and the process of islamization. That is why the Public Prosecutor has concluded that I should be acquitted.
Mister President, members of the Court.
I am acting within a long tradition which I wish to honour. I am risking my life in defence of freedom in the Netherlands. Of all our achievements freedom is the most precious and the most vulnerable. Many have given their lives for freedom. We have been reminded of that in the commemorations of the month of May. But the struggle for freedom is much older.
Every day the armoured cars drive me past the statue of Johan de Witt at the Hofvijver in The Hague. De Witt wrote the “Manifesto of True Freedom” and he paid for freedom with his life. Every day I go to my office through the Binnenhof where Johan van Oldenbarneveldt was beheaded after a political trial. Leaning on his stick the elderly Oldenbarneveldt addressed his last words to his people. He said: “I have acted honourably and piously as a good patriot.” Those words are also mine.
I do not wish to betray the trust of the 1.5 million voters of my party. I do not wish to betray my country. Inspired by Johan van Oldenbarneveldt and Johan de Witt I wish to be a politician who serves the truth end hence defends the freedom of the Dutch provinces and of the Dutch people. I wish to be honest, I wish to act with honesty and that is why I wish to protect my native land against Islam. Silence is treason.That is why I have spoken, why I speak and why I shall continue to speak.
Freedom and truth. I pay the price every day. Day and night I have to be protected against people who want to kill me. I am not complaining about it; it has been my own decision to speak. However, those who threaten me and other critics of Islam are not being tried here today. I am being tried. And about that I do complain.I consider this trial to be a political trial. The values of D66 [a Dutch leftist liberal party] and NRC Handelsblad [a Dutch leftist liberal party] will never be brought before a judge in this country. One of the complainants clearly indicated that his intentions are political. Even questions I have asked in parliament and cooperation with the SGP are being brought as allegations against me by Mr Rabbae of GroenLinks [the leftist Dutch Green Party]. Those on the Left like to tamper with the separation of powers. When they cannot win politically because the Dutch people have discerned their sinister agenda, they try to win through the courts.Whatever your verdict may be, that is the bitter conclusion of this trial.
This trial is also surrealistic. I am being compared with the Hutu murderers in Rwanda and with Mladic. Only a few minutes ago some here have doubted my mental health. I have been called a new Hitler. I wonder whether those who call me such names will also be sued, and if not, whether the Court will also order prosecution. Probably not. And that is just as well. Because freedom of speech applies also to my opponents.My right to a fair trial has been violated. The order of the Amsterdam Court to prosecute me was not just a decision but a condemning verdict by judges who condemned me even before the actual trial had begun.Mister President, members of the Court, you must now decide whether freedom still has a home in the Netherlands
Franz Kafka said: “one sees the sun slowly set, yet one is surprised when it suddenly becomes dark.”Mister President, members of the Court, do not let the lights go out in the Netherlands .Acquit me: Put an end to this Kafkaesque situation.Acquit me. Political freedom requires that citizens and their elected representatives are allowed to voice opinions that are held in society.Acquit me, for if I am convicted, you convict the freedom of opinion and expression of millions of Dutchmen.Acquit me. Political freedom requires that citizens and their elected representatives are allowed to voice opinions that are held in society.Acquit me, for if I am convicted, you convict the freedom of opinion and expression of millions of Dutchmen.Acquit me. I do not incite to hatred. I do not incite to discrimination. But I defend the character, the identity, the culture and the freedom of the Netherlands . That is the truth. That is why I am here. That is why I speak. That is why, like Luther before the Imperial Diet at Worms , I say: “Here I stand, I can do no other.”That is why I have spoken, why I speak and why I shall continue to speak.Mister President, members of the Court, though I stand here alone, my voice is the voice of many. This trial is not about me. It is about something much greater. Freedom of expression is the life source of our Western civilisation.Do not let that source go dry just to cosy up to a totalitarian regime. “Freedom,” said the American President Dwight Eisenhower, “has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed – else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.”Mister President, members of the Court, you have a great responsibility. Do not cut freedom in the Netherlands from its roots, our freedom of expression. Acquit me. Choose freedom.I have spoken, I speak, and it is my duty – I cannot do otherwise – to continue to speak.Thank you.Hmmmm.......Hear, hear , hear!Read the full story here.
- ’No contradiction between Islam and democracy,’ say EU political and religious leaders, urging stronger ties with Muslim world.(Al-Arabia).Declaring that there was “no contradiction between Islam and democracy,” political and religious leaders of the European Union have called for more religious tolerance in Europe and its neighboring countries. European Council President, Herman Van Rompuy, European Parliament President, Jerzy Buzek, European Commission President Manuel Barroso and representatives from Christian, Jewish, Buddhist and Muslim communities gathered at EU headquarters in Brussels on Monday for an annual meeting at which freedom of religion and religious tolerance were the main topics.“Arab people are liberating themselves,” Mr. Van Rompuy said at a news conference. “These are their revolutions and we have common values.”The meeting was the second under the Lisbon Treaty, which formalized this open and regular dialogue between the EU and representatives of various religions.Referring to the “Arab Spring,” Mr. Van Rompuy said: ”These revolutions are not the work of extremists or fanatics. On the contrary, it shows there is no contradiction between Islam and democracy as indeed is the case of the other religions.” “Expectations of respect are great in the EU, the closest neighbors” to the Arab people, he said.Christian minorities in the Middle East are facing political and security challenges. They have been targeted in Iraq and forced to flee from Baghdad to Syria, Kurdistan and Europe. The Coptic Christian minority in Egypt is also being targeted by Islamist groups. EU leaders raised the issue with top Egyptian officials in March, and at the G8 meeting last weekend in Deauville, France. “Respect of religion is a fundamental right and it will be a test for the rule of law and democracy in Europe as well as in other countries,” Mr. Barroso, the European Commission president, said. He said that Egyptian officials gave a commitment to assure the security of the Copt minority.The EU is proposing to its neighbors in the south to build a new “Partnership for Democracy and Shared Prosperity,” Mr. Barroso said. “The EU must be on the side of those who aspire to political freedom, social development and justice.”Hmmmm....."There is no contradiction between Islam and democracy as indeed is the case of the other religions"Please enlighten me give an example?Read the full story here.
- 18 Signs That Life In U.S. Public Schools Is Now Essentially Equivalent To Life In U.S. Prisons.(AmericanDream).In the United States today, our public schools are not very good at educating our students, but they sure are great training grounds for learning how to live in a Big Brother police state control grid. Sadly, life in many U.S. public schools is now essentially equivalent to life in U.S. prisons. Most parents don't realize this, but our students have very few rights when they are in school. Our public school students are being watched, tracked, recorded, searched and controlled like never before. Back when I was in high school, it was unheard of for a police officer to come to school, but today our public school students are being handcuffed and arrested in staggering numbers. When I was young we would joke that going to school was like going to prison, but today that is actually true.The following are 18 signs that life in our public schools is now very similar to life in our prisons.Read the full story here.
- Neo-Nazi websites find home in US.(Ynet).European online forum allowed to operate on US server demonstrates how free speech on one side of Atlantic can help spread hate speech on other side. The website is awash with neo-Nazi symbolism and even sarcastically refers to the notorious Mauthausen concentration camp as Austria's largest open-air museum. But attempts to cripple the xenophobic "Alpen-Donau" forum have been hindered by the fact it's housed on a US server, an example of how free speech on one side of the Atlantic can help spread hate speech on the other. Austria bans Nazi glorification and Holocaust denial. In the United States nearly unrestricted freedom of speech rights are considered a cornerstone of democracy. Three people suspected of being behind the website were arrested in April, including Gottfried Kuessel, one of the Alpine republic's leading neo-Nazis. But until a couple of weeks ago it continued to spew extremist and anti-Semitic rhetoric. Germany has also run into the problem of shutting down US-hosted neo-Nazi websites. Hungary has faced a similar hurdle for years, although hate speech is considered a crime there only if it incites specific acts of violence or abuse. Hungarian right-wing groups regularly target Gypsies and other minorities. Austrian investigators have suggested that, for forensic reasons, it's in their interest that the website stay online for now because it provides them with vital clues in their probe aimed at tracking down remaining suspects. But those personally targeted by the site want US authorities to shut it down immediately. "This is blatant anti-Semitism and blatant racism," said Willi Mernyi, president of the Mauthausen Committee, a Holocaust awareness group. The website's latest posting features photos of Mernyi and implies he is to blame for acts of vandalism at the former concentration camp where the Nazis murdered about 100,000 people. The site has also posted pictures of teenagers who took part in workshops organized by the group, Mernyi said. American officials say their hands are tied unless the site violates US laws. "I think it's fair to say we don't agree with what's on that website but we agree that free speech as defined by the United States takes precedence over what their views are," said an official familiar with the issue who asked not to be named. The US norm is that people are free to say anything as long as it doesn't infringe upon another person's rights. In Austria, freedom of expression is guaranteed by the constitution but is limited by a ban on propagating Nazi ideology. Inciting hatred on the basis of any ideology is a crime under the Austrian penal code. Raimund Fastenbauer, a senior Jewish Community official, said American authorities have legal grounds to cooperate in taking down the site. "In part, there have been some concrete threats we believe would be punishable under American law," Fastenbauer said, noting that postings have included not only photos but also personal phone numbers of Jewish community members, as well as veiled or coded calls for action against individuals. Gerald Ganzger and Gideon Jabloner, lawyers at the firm Lansky, Ganzger and Partner who represent the Jewish community and threatened journalists, said Austria, under pressure from the United States and the other allied powers, enacted a law prohibiting the revival of Nazi activities as a precondition for sovereignty after World War II."However, nowadays it is the US ... who is preventing Austria from enacting the aforementioned law by protecting the right of free speech of neo-Nazi groups," they wrote in a statement sent to The Associated Press. US Attorney General Eric Holder suggested at a news conference after an April 14 meeting with European Union home affairs ministers in Hungary that one way to tackle the problem may be by making it clear to the public that extremist rhetoric is simply wrong. "I think we have to come up with ways in which we have a counter-narrative that shows this information, this material, to be what it is ... harmful," Holder said.Hmmmmm......I wonder if Holder would be this 'harsh' if it concerned Muslims?Read the full story here.
- Palestinians gear for Sunday march on Israel's borders.(Ynet).Pro-Palestinian pages on social media websites buzzing with calls to rush to all borders on day marking 44th anniversary of Six Day War.Fatah representative in Lebanon, Munir Maqdah, said Tuesday that Palestinians residing in Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Gaza were planning to march towards their respective borders with Israel on Sunday, the 44th anniversary of the Six Day War. "We want our lands in Palestine back," Maqdah said, noting that the processions aim to remain non-violent. He also urged UNIFIL forces in south Lebanon to "ensure the march's safety."The Fatah official's statement is the last in a myriad of activities calling on pro-Palestinian activists to march on Israel's borders. The highest flurry of activities is noted on Facebook, where various pro-Palestinian group have issued a similar call: "Our Palestinian countrymen, as part of our just pursuit of statehood… and in response to Netanyahu's speech in Congress and Obama's hesitant speech, we emphasize that Palestine is our land and the land of our forefathers and that will not accept any division or compromise. "On this day, June 5, we urge you to take active part in actions meant to empathize with our prisoners," the "Youth of June 5" page read.Hmmmmm......Remember, there was no 'Palestine' in the days of Jesus ... the Romans still called it 'Judea' (Judah) ... just look at their maps and their coins ... it wasn't until after the second Jewish revolt against the Romans (over 100 years after Jesus (Yeshua in Hebrew) was Crucified and Resurrected) the Romans changed the name from Judea (Judah) to 'Palestinia' (Palestine). That's it Period!Read the full story here.
- While the West floats on the breeze of the Arab spring,Iran laughs all the way to the bank.(IsraelMatzav).While the World obsesses with the 'Palestinians,' Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is laughing all the way to the bank. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad must be laughing his head off. As Abe noted yesterday, the latest International Atomic Energy Agency report unveiled evidence that Iran has been working on technology to arm its missiles with nuclear warheads. It also disclosed evidence of Tehran’s work “on a highly sophisticated nuclear triggering technology that experts said could be used for only one purpose: setting off a nuclear weapon.” If a smoking gun were needed, this is it.Yet the “international community” hasn’t uttered a peep about the report. It’s too busy obsessing over the Israeli-Palestinian conflict instead.Two days after the report’s publication, the G8 met in Deauville. Its concluding statement devoted six paragraphs to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, notable for both their specificity (“we express our strong support for the vision of Israeli-Palestinian peace outlined by President Obama on May 19, 2011”) and their urgency (“The time to resume the Peace Process is now.”)In contrast, Iran’s nukes merited exactly one content-free paragraph.Yes, Iran is working on technology to arms its missiles with nuclear warheads, and somehow the World continues to believe - or to pretend to believe - that Iran is only targeting Israel, and therefore the rest of humanity has nothing about which to worry.Hmmmm....Targeting Israel makes it 'alright' of course?Read the full story here.
- Iran Moves to Disconnect its Internet From World,Iran wants to create his own national'Halal' internet.(Aina).Iran is taking steps toward an aggressive new form of censorship: a so-called national Internet that could, in effect, disconnect Iranian cyberspace from the rest of the world.The leadership in Iran sees the project as a way to end the fight for control of the Internet, according to observers of Iranian policy inside and outside the country. Iran, already among the most sophisticated nations in online censoring, also promotes its national Internet as a cost-saving measure for consumers and as a way to uphold Islamic moral codes.In February, as pro-democracy protests spread rapidly across the Middle East and North Africa, Reza Bagheri Asl, director of the telecommunication ministry's research institute, told an Iranian news agency that soon 60% of the nation's homes and businesses would be on the new, internal network. Within two years it would extend to the entire country, he said.The unusual initiative appears part of a broader effort to confront what the regime now considers a major threat: an online invasion of Western ideas, culture and influence, primarily originating from the U.S. In recent speeches, Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and other top officials have called this emerging conflict the "soft war."On Friday, new reports emerged in the local press that Iran also intends to roll out its own computer operating system in coming months to replace Microsoft Corp.'s Windows. The development, which couldn't be independently confirmed, was attributed to Reza Taghipour, Iran's communication minister.Iran's national Internet will be "a genuinely halal network, aimed at Muslims on an ethical and moral level," Ali Aghamohammadi, Iran's head of economic affairs, said recently according to a state-run news service. Halal means compliant with Islamic law.Mr. Aghamohammadi said the new network would at first operate in parallel to the normal Internet--banks, government ministries and large companies would continue to have access to the regular Internet. Eventually, he said, the national network could replace the global Internet in Iran, as well as in other Muslim countries.Hmmmm....Unlike Windows it will only shutdown 5 times a day at regular prayer times?Read the full story here.