Sunday, June 5, 2011
- Syria Live Blog - June 05. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Libya Live Blog - June 05. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Yemen Live Blog - June 05 . Here. (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan today 4.7 ! Activity in Turkey.More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 128.Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- Europe - Latest official Situation Update on E-Coli epidemic. .Source.
- UPDATE: E.COLI! Europe's E. coli outbreak blamed on German 'organic farm' and vegetable sprouts.(JapanToday). HAMBURG — The terrifying E. coli outbreak in Europe appears to have been caused by vegetable sprouts grown on an organic farm in Germany, an agriculture official Sunday as the toll climbed to at least 22 dead and more than 2,200 sickened.Preliminary tests found that bean sprouts and other sprout varieties from the farm in the Uelzen area, between the northern cities of Hamburg and Hannover, could be traced to infections in five German states, Lower Saxony Agriculture Minister Gert Lindemann said.“There were more and more indications in the last few hours that put the focus on this farm,” Lindemann said.Many restaurants involved in what is now the deadliest known E. coli outbreak in modern history had received deliveries of the sprouts, which are often used in salads, Lindemann spokesman Gert Hahne told The Associated Press.Definitive test results should be available Monday, Lindemann said.In recent days, as health officials tried to pinpoint the source of the unusually lethal outbreak, suspicion fell on lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes, perhaps from Spain. Spanish farmers complained that the accusations were having a devastating financial effect.“First it’s the `evil’ Spaniards, and then you hear, very surprised, that it is our neighbor,” said Dietrich Benni, who lives near the German farm. “It’s a bit scary all of this, especially that it is coming from an organic place.”He added: “No more organic food for me for now.”The farm was shut down Sunday and all its produce recalled, including fresh herbs, fruits, flowers and potatoes. Two of its employees were also infected with E. coli, Lindemann said. He said 18 different sprout mixtures from the farm were under suspicion, including sprouts of mung beans, broccoli, peas, chickpeas, garlic lentils and radishes.As for how the sprouts became contaminated, Lindemann noted that they are grown with steam in barrels at 38 degrees Celsius (100 degrees Fahrenheit)—an ideal environment for bacteria to multiply.He said it is possible that the water was contaminated with E. coli or that the sprout seeds—purchased in Germany and other countries—contained the germ. He said the farmers had not used any manure, which is commonly spread on organic farms and has been known to cause E. coli outbreaks.Lindemann urged Germans not to eat sprouts until further notice. He said authorities could not yet rule out other possible sources and warned Germans to continue avoiding tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce for now.The outbreak has been blamed on a highly aggressive, “super-toxic” strain of E. coli, perhaps one that scientists have never seen before.E. coli can be found in the feces of humans and livestock and can spread to produce through sloppy bathroom habits among farm workers and through animal waste in fields and in irrigation water. Organic farms tend to use more manure than other producers do.Sprouts have been implicated in previous E. coli outbreaks, particularly one in 1996 in Japan, where tainted radish sprouts killed 12 people and reportedly sickened more than 12,000 others.The head of Germany’s national disease control center raised the death toll to 22 Sunday—21 in Germany and one in Sweden—and said an additional 2,153 people in Germany have been sickened. That figure included 627 people who have developed a rare, serious complication of the disease that can cause kidney failure. Ten other European nations and the U.S. have reported a total of 90 other victims.Read the full story here.
- What took so long? White House website now an official advertising arm of the Obama campaign.(DougRoss).For a president whose administration has already been held in contempt of court by a federal judge and whose 2008 campaign openly accepted illegal foreign contributions, transforming the White House website into a voter outreach platform shouldn't come as much of a surprise.Visitors to WhiteHouse.gov are now confronted with an email collection script.It is entirely possible, and perhaps extremely likely, that collection of these emails crosses the line into an illegal use of government property for partisan purposes. The Clinton administration's Justice Department issued a 1999 memo that outlined prohibited behavior....activities in the workplace directed toward the success or failure of a political party, a candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group, would violate the Hatch Act and also would violate the [DOJ]'s rules. For example, inviting individuals to attend a political event, recruiting campaign volunteers or dispersing campaign literature over the Internet is prohibited...There is only one reason that the White House is collecting email addresses.It is to promote, directly or indirectly, the reelection campaign of Barack Obama.Not that legacy media will scrutinize this behavior -- no Weiner involved -- but a few questions spring to mind:
• Why are these email addresses being collected?
• With whom will they be shared?
• Who initiated the redesign of the White House website?
• What kinds of communications will be sent to these email addresses?
The musky scent of David Axelrod is all over this.Hmmmm.......Dictatorship or democracy?Read the full story here.
- DOW plunges into longest weekly losing streak since 2004 as Obama blames 'Europe, earthquake and gas prices' for economic woe.(DailyMail).The Dow Jones industrial average and the Standard & Poor's 500 index are both headed for a fifth straight week of losses - the longest losing streak for the Dow since July 2004.The slump follows jobs data published on Friday showing employers added only 54,000 new workers in May, the fewest in eight months and well below what analysts were expecting.The news comes as President Barack Obama today blamed high gasoline prices, the Japanese earthquake and Europe's financial crisis for economic 'headwinds' at home.As inspiration for a broader recovery, he's citing the American auto industry's resurgence.'We're a people who don't give up, who do big things, who shape our own destiny,' the president said in his weekly radio and Internet address Saturday.The message, taped Friday during Obama's visit to a Chrysler plant in Toledo, Ohio, was hardly different than the remarks he offered to about 350 Chrysler workers.The White House has spent almost every day this past week drawing attention to the industry comeback and taking credit for Obama's unpopular decision to bail out Chrysler and General Motors and guide them through bankruptcy in 2009.Like his words to Chrysler workers, Obama's address did not mention the bleak unemployment numbers announced Friday for the month of May. The Bureau of Labor Statistics said the economy last month created only a net 54,000 jobs and unemployment inched up to 9.1 percent.'We're facing some tough headwinds,' Obama said.Lately, it's high gas prices, the earthquake in Japan and unease about the European fiscal situation. That will happen from time to time.'Far fewer workers than expected were hired last month painting a bleak picture for the U.S. economy while the unemployment rate edged up to 9.1 per cent.Even more worryingly, of the 54,000 new jobs in May, 20,000 were created by McDonald's.The President visited the Chrysler plant in Ohio to highlight the auto industry's rebound, a rare bright spot in an otherwise sluggish economy.He told plant workers: ''We can live out the American dream again… that’s what drives me every day I step into the Oval office'.Hmmmm......Yup an American car build by American patriots who love their country, the gas prices are the presidents 'input'.Read the full story here.
- German bean sprouts blamed for E.Coli outbreak as hospitals face running out of beds under pressure.(Dailymail).German bean sprouts are the likely cause of the E.coli outbreak that has killed 22 people in Europe, an official from the German government said.Eleven people in the UK were among hundreds across the continent who were taken ill with food poisoning apparently linked to the bug.Gert Hahne, the spokesman for the Lower Saxony agriculture ministry said an alert will be sent out later this evening warning people to stay away from eating the sprouts, which are often used in mixed salads.Meanwhile German health services may run out of beds as the current E.coli outbreak puts hospitals under 'intense' pressure, a minister earlier admitted.Daniel Bahr told the Bild am Sonntag newspaper that 'the situtation in the hospitals is intense' and that clinics outside of Hamburg and northern Germany - the epicentre of the outbreak - should take in patients.The country is struggling to provide enough beds and medical treatment for patients hit by the outbreak, he said, as he headed to the region to see the situation first-hand.On a visit to the University Medical Centre in Hamburg-Eppendorf he said he would talk to doctors and nurses who had been working overtime and double-shifts for weeks in a row.Hamburg is the epicentre of the deadliest E.coli outbreak in modern history, which has killed at least 18 people since May 2.More than 1,700 people in Germany have been infected, including 520 suffering from a life-threatening complication that can cause kidney failure. Ten other European nations and the US have reported 90 other cases, all but two related to visits in northern Germany.While suspicion has fallen on raw tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce as the source of the bacterial outbreak, researchers have been unable to pinpoint exactly where or what food was responsible.Researchers from Germany's national disease control centre have inspected a restaurant in the northern city of Luebeck where 17 people were reported to have fallen ill with E.coli last month. Health experts were also investigating whether the disease spread at a festival in Hamburg that was visited by 1.5 million people.Critics have questioned the slow pace of the investigation. The medical director of Berlin's Charite Hospitals, Ulrich Frei, said it made him 'anxious' that a month after the outbreak there was still no clue as to what caused it and said experts 'should have interviewed the patients right away'.Hmmmmm........Read the full story here.
- Related - Bean sprouts now suspected in E. coli crisis.(TheLocal).Lower Saxony Agriculture Minister Gert Lindemann told reporters on Sunday that health authorities in the state had identified bean sprouts as the likely cause of the bacterial health crisis, which has killed 21 people.While a conclusive laboratory analysis was still pending, with results not expected until Monday morning, the Lower Saxony Health Ministry felt the indications were strong enough to issue a public warning against eating such sprouts which are typically used in salads and consumed raw.The restaurants and food outlets to which the cases of E. coli had been traced all had received shipments of the particular beansprouts, he said.The supplier of the sprouts is based in the Lower Saxony town of Uelzen. Two company employees reportedly were suffering diarrhoea. The firm supplies various types of sprouts including mung bean sprouts, radish sprouts, pea sprouts and lentil seeds.The fresh revelation came as German Health Minister Daniel Bahr said the scale of the E. coli outbreak in the country had overwhelmed hospitals in northern Germany. Meanwhile, experts speculated that the pathogen might be linked to biogas facilities.So far, there are some 2,500 cases of confirmed or suspected infections, leaving hospitals – particularly in Hamburg and Bremen – without enough resources to handle the influx of people needing treatment. "The patient care situation is strained," Bahr told newpaper Bild am Sonntag. The health minister suggested that hospitals already operating above capacity transfer patients to other clinics in the area with extra vacancies.Members of the political opposition have called on the government to set up a crisis management team. Thomas Oppermann, the parliamentary whip of the centre-left Social Democrats, said ministries, authorities, states, hospitals and health agencies have failed to coordinate their efforts to address the outbreak. Meanwhile, SPD health expert Karl Lauterbach told B.Z. am Sonntag that there was no hotline to provide the public with information on the situation. Authorities are still scrambling to find the source of the deadly bacteria. According to the Welt am Sonntag newspaper, experts believe it is possible that the pathogen could be linked to biogas facilities – a claim the sector denies.Hmmmmm........Two company employees reportedly were suffering diarrhoea?Read the full story here.
- 22 May 2011 MFS - The Other News:
Can we trust that what we're beeing served is "Clean"?New Trend Of Fecal And Urinary Jihad.(FaithFreedom).Allah hates all non muslims because they are the worst of creations, lowest of the low , worse than animals and evil ( 2.99, 8.22,8.55,95.5, 98.6). They have been declared filthy and najis (untouchable) likefeces (9.28). Here is very famous learned muslim scholar of quran Dr Qazi vey rightly describes a non muslim .As good people are served with good food najis and evil people are served with feces and urine. Here are some jihadi muslims who made the whole umma proud by serving kuffar with urine and feces.
- Yasser serves urine popsicles. Ice cream with an attitude !Yasser made Allah happy by carrying his urine in bottles in his ice cream truck; and every time a little one bought an ice cream cone he sprinked his urine on it. He carried frozen urine also for those who big kids who wanted a big bowl of ice cream .
- “A man sprayed a mixture of urine and feces in two supermarkets, a pub and a bookshop in Gloucestershire, a jury at Bristol Crown Court has heard. Sahnoun Daifallah, 42, a devout muslim of Bibury Road, Gloucester, is alleged to have caused damage estimated at £700,000 last May.
- Two muslim Bakery/Pizzeria owners were today fined for selling chocolate cake – which had been sprinkled with human feces.A horrified customer ate the foul-smelling gateaux but noticed that it didn’t taste or smell “quite right” and handed the cake to public health scientists.The analysts soon established that the sweet treat was covered in feces and legal proceedings against the bakery owners were started.Owners Saeed Hasmi, 25, and Syed Jan Yadgari, 23, were fined £1,500 for selling food unfit for human consumption.The pair – who ran the Italiano Pizzeria in Roath, Cardiff – admitted the charge but did not say how the chocolate cake was contaminated.
- Dallas, USA where Behrouz Nahidmobarekeh, 49, a devout muslim ,is on trial for allegedly throwing the feces on pastries at a Fiesta grocery store. Police said that during an investigation, they found a pile of human feces by his bed. Investigators believe Nahidmobarekeh would dry the feces, either by microwave or just letting it sit out, grate it up with a cheese grater and then sprinkle it at the store. A young boy, maybe 3 years old, was later seen on the surveillance tape, eating one of the defiled cookies.”Hmmmm.......FDA.......comment?......Silence?Read the full story here.
- Syrian death toll climbs,Syria says 20 killed, 325 wounded in border clashes.(Ynet).(Video) Syria says 20 killed, 325 wounded in border clashes. Golan Heights residents join 'Naksa Day' protests, hurl concrete blocks at security forces in response to firing of gas grenades at protestors approaching border. One officer lightly wounded.VIDEO - Golan Heights residents have joined 'Naksa Day' riots on Sunday after hours of clashes. Majdal Shams residents began hurling concrete blocks at security forces after gas grenades were used to drive away Syrian protestors approaching the border. IDF and police forces responded by using gas grenades against the Druze village residents . One officer was lightly wounded after being hit with a large rock. Several dozens required medical attention, including media personnel after being hit by the grenades. The IDF estimates that approximately 1,000 Syrians are protesting opposite Majdal Shams. Some 100 of them are near the border fence.Three Syrians approached the border area in Quneitra and were blocked by IDF soldiers after entering the demilitarized area. They were returned back to Syria.A senior army officer in the Majdal Shams area said that the protest was deliberately violent. He claimed that the IDF is trying to avoid a large number of casualties and using the appropriate means for this purpose. Also Sunday, an eight-year-old boy from Majdal Shams sustained moderate to serious wounds after falling off a house rooftop while watching the border clashes. He was taken via helicopter to the Rambam Medical Center in Haifa. Read and see the full story here.
- House Resolution: Stop U.S. Funds to U.N. General Assembly If Palestinian State Is Recognized.(WeeklyStandard).Congressman Steve Chabot just introduced a resolution in the House of Representatives that calls on America to stop giving money to the United Nations “if the General Assembly adopts a resolution in favor of recognizing a state of Palestine outside of or prior to a final status agreement negotiated between, and acceptable to, the State of Israel and the Palestinians.”This resolution is mainly in response to the Palestinians’ attempt to gain recognition of a “state” without first working out a lasting peace agreement with the Israelis.“Recognizing ‘statehood’ does not mean U.N. membership, but it would nonetheless be a major Palestinian success,” John Bolton writes in today’s Wall Street Journal. “A resolution recognizing a Palestinian ‘state’ could also declare its boundary to be the 1967 borders (in actuality, merely the 1949 armistice lines), with or without President Obama's caveat about ‘agreed upon swaps’ of land. The obvious Palestinian objective is to remove the issues of statehood and boundaries from the realm of bilateral negotiations with Israel, making them fait accompli.”The Palestinians’ leadership still does not officially recognize the Jewish state in the land of Israel. Additionally, the Palestinian group Fatah recently reconciled with the terrorist group Hamas.Although this is a non-binding resolution, if honored, and if the U.N. recognized a Palestinian state, the funds would only be withheld from those that are directed to the U.N. General Assembly—not the entire United Nations. But Bolton, in his op-ed today, asks the question that the U.N. might soon have to face: “It presents the U.N. membership with a fascinating question: Would they rather recognize Palestinian statehood, or keep America's money?”Here’s the full text of the (short) resolution:
Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the Secretary of State should withhold United States contributions to the regularly assessed biennial budget of the United Nations for purposes of the General Assembly of the United Nations if the General Assembly adopts a resolution in favor of recognizing a state of Palestine outside of or prior to a final status agreement negotiated between, and acceptable to, the State of Israel and the Palestinians.
Resolved, That it is the sense of the House of Representatives that the Secretary of State should withhold United States contributions to the regularly assessed biennial budget of the United Nations for purposes of the General Assembly of the United Nations if the General Assembly adopts a resolution in favor of recognizing a state of Palestine outside of or prior to a final status agreement negotiated between, and acceptable to, the State of Israel and the Palestinians.Read the full story here.
- US 'deeply troubled' at killings on Israel-Syria border.(Ynet).State department calls on sides to exercise restraint as protestors declare they plan on staging sit-down near fence throughout the night. The United States said Sunday it is "deeply troubled" over clashes on the Syrian border with Israel that reportedly resulted in 20 deaths, and called for calm on both sides.Meanwhile, the protestors said they were planning to stage a sit-down opposite the border throughout the night.Israeli troops opened fire as protesters from Syria on Sunday stormed a ceasefire line in the Golan Heights."We are deeply troubled by events that took place earlier today in the Golan Heights resulting in injuries and the loss of life," the State Department said in a statement."We call for all sides to exercise restraint. Provocative actions like this should be avoided."The US statement emphasized that "Israel, like any sovereign nation, has a right to defend itself."Read the full story here.
- How Israel probably will deal with the next flotilla.(JPost).Security and Defense: This time, the Navy has been preparing rigorously for the operation.The first phone call came at about 5:45 a.m. on Friday, May 15. A ship, called Finch and flying a Malaysian flag, was spotted by Israel Navy radars as it sailed toward the Gaza Strip from Egypt, very close to the coast.The operations room immediately called navy commander V.-Adm. Eliezer “Chiney” Marom at home to consult. The ship, which was carrying sewage pipes, was less than 800 meters from Gaza waters. It was sailing close to the coast and moving fast. Marom ordered nearby Dvora fast patrol boats to fire warning shots in the air near the Finch.In the meantime, with just minutes to spare, the IDF contacted the Egyptian Navy, which began to understand that something was happening. Marom also spoke with his superior – IDF Chief of General Staff Lt.- Gen. Benny Gantz – and asked for permission to open fire at the ship itself if it did not stop. Thankfully, with just 300 m. separating it from Gaza, the ship stopped and turned around.The story of the Finch went mostly unnoticed in the press, even though, for the Israel Navy, it was and still is considered a “flotilla” – the likes of which it stopped on May 31, 2010, resulting in a botched raid and nine dead Turkish activists on one of the ships, the Mavi Marmara.And the navy will likely soon face off against an even larger flotilla set to be dispatched to Gaza later this month.While the Finch was just one ship, it was devious and planned to use the crowded Egyptian waters as a distraction to break the sea blockade of Gaza by dashing to the coast just after crossing the border.For the navy, stopping the Finch was mostly symbolic, even though there are no assurances that sewage pipes were all it was really carrying. Had the ship succeeded in reaching Gaza, it would have meant the effective end of the sea blockade, opening a dangerous Pandora’s Box.According to the navy’s understanding of international law pertaining to the sea blockade, the moment one ship is allowed through, the blockade loses the justification it had previously received, for example, from the United Nations.While Gaza’s territorial waters are only within 3 kilometers of the coast, Israel’s blockade is imposed on waters 20 km. from Gaza. If, however, a ship that is sailing even 150 km. from Gaza declares its intention to sail there and is asked by the navy to stop but says it will continue, the navy has the right to intercept it, according to Israel’s understanding of international maritime law.The question is also what happens next. If the Palestinians in the West Bank see that ships can sail to Gaza even after being inspected by some impartial country or security organization, they, too, will want international inspectors at IDF checkpoints in the West Bank. If ships can sail to Gaza, these Palestinians could argue, why can’t planes land in the West Bank? The West Bank, they will say, should be no different from Gaza.That is why, unless there is a major change in Israeli government policy or the flotilla organizers – which include the radical Turkish organization IHH and the Free Gaza Movement – the navy will be asked to stop the ships.This time around, the navy has been preparing rigorously for the operation, enlisting all of its Flotilla 13 commandos from the reserves and running different training models with various scenarios, from passive resistance – such as sit-downs – to potential gunfights and booby-trapped ships.In addition to Flotilla 13 – better known as the Shayetet – the ships will be boarded by members of the Border Police’s Yasam Unit and the Prisons Service elite Masada Unit, both known for their expertise in crowd control and the use of non-lethal means to quell violent riots.The teams will be supported by snipers – whose job will be to neutralize violent protesters before the commandos board the ships – with dogs from Oketz, the IDF’s canine unit, and operators from Yahalom, the elite unit from the Engineering Corps.Beyond these personnel changes, the two major changes will be the way the commandos board the ships.Last year, as seen in the video footage released after the operation – unfortunately too late – the navy commandos are seen fast-roping down from helicopters one by one. The objective this time will be to get as many commandos on the decks of the ships at once with more non-lethal capabilities than before in order to get control of the situation as quickly and with as few casualties as possible.IN THE meantime, insiders argue, Israel should be doing more to undermine the legitimacy of the flotilla. Media briefings should become a daily routine for the IDF and the Foreign Ministry – not only showing reporters the military preparations, but also explaining the legal legitimacy of the blockade now, as opposed to waiting to explain the day after, when Israel may be on the defensive.Comments from senior officials, for example, questioning why IHH even needs to send a flotilla to Gaza when the infant mortality rate in Turkey is higher – 23.94 deaths per 1,000 live births – than it is in Gaza – 17.12 deaths per 1,000 live births (stats can be found in the CIA’s official World Factbook) – should be all over the papers.Why this is not yet happening is unclear. It would make sense for the government to begin laying the groundwork already for the operation, which could end, like it did last year, with dead passengers – even if some of them were paid mercenaries, as appears to have been the case aboard the Mavi Marmara.Israel should be doing more to explain the reason for the sea blockade to begin with, the insiders say, like repeating the stories behind the Francop cargo ship in 2009 and the Victoria several months ago. The Foreign Ministry, for example, could highlight to the world how Israel’s capture of the Chinese-designed C-802 anti-ship missiles, made in Iran, is currently an intelligence treasure, helping Western navies study the missile and learn how to defend against it.One lesson that has been learned already is the need to disseminate information to the media immediately.Last year, the morning of the flotilla, it took IDF Spokesman Brig.-Gen. Avi Benayahu some five hours to release an official statement, and around 10 hours to release the video showing the commandos getting ambushed and lynched aboard the Mavi Marmara.This time, the new IDF spokesman, Brig.-Gen. Yoav “Poli” Mordechai, has decided to set up all the necessary mechanisms so there will not be any excuses for delays in distributing the information. The navy will transmit footage live back to Tel Aviv headquarters, and the Spokesman’s Unit will set up a studio at sea and on the coast to review and edit footage and then distribute it to the press in real time.There is no guarantee that any of this will make a difference.Read the full story here.
- Israel becomes tool in Turkish political race.(Ynet). Ankara's election campaign heats up, as PM Erdogan, Opposition Leader Kilicdaroglu play the flotilla blame game. Israel has become something of a political battering ram between the rivals taking part in the nearing general elections in Turkey, Ynet learned Sunday.Both Current Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Opposition Leader Kamal Kilicdaroglu, seem to have made it a point of using the tensions between Israel and Turkey in their campaigns, and both are focusing on the Gaza flotilla.Erdogan has blamed Kilicdaroglu for not criticizing Israel enough for its "crimes" last May; to which the opposition leader retorted by wondering why Erdogan remained silent when the US "invaded Iraq and committed crimes against civilians."Kilicdaroglu also rebuked his political rival for the free hand he gave the organizers of the 2010 Gaza flotilla, further hinting that the prime minister was aware of the Marmara's passengers' violent intentions, which is why he called on his associates to refrain from taking part in the sail."Why did you prevent MPs from your party from taking part in the sail? Had we never sent the Marmara to Israel, we could have avoided the deterioration in the relations between the two countries," Kilicdaroglu said,Erdogan, on his part, claimed that Kilicdaroglu was "trying to get on Israel's good side every chance he gets, and is now reaping the rewards."Ankara's PM further spoke in favor of the Gaza sail, "Which brought food and toys to Gaza's children"; and further dared his political opponent to "criticize the Mediterranean pirates, instead of being a sycophant." Hmmmmm......Still trying to determine who is more against the Jews Erdogan or Ahmadinejad?Read the full story here.
- Airline sacks staff who sent 'Taliban' donkey sex porn clip to ENTIRE Gatwick Airport IT department.(Dailymail).Virgin Atlantic has sacked four workers based at Gatwick Airport for circulating a video clip that claims to show a Taliban fighter having sex with a donkey.The footage they emailed is believed to have been filmed by American special forces in Afghanistan and has become an internet hit.It bore the caption: 'What the Taliban do when they are not making improvised explosive devices.'Managers at the West Sussex airport became aware of what was going on when turnaround co-ordinator David Armstrong accidentally sent the clip to the airline's ENTIRE IT department, according to the Sunday Mirror.Management warned Mr Armstrong and three others that they may have broken the law by contravening the Obscene Publications Act.They were sacked in April for gross misconduct but have lodged claims for unfair dismissal, claiming that it was common practice for more senior Virgin staff to circulate pornography via email.The tabloid newspaper says a source at Gatwick told it: 'To sack these people was well over the top.'A spokesman for Virgin Atlantic said that the claimants were dismissed for serious breaches of company IT policy.'The video is expected to be shown at an employment tribunal due to hear the four men's appeal on Monday, June 6.Hmmmm......Animal cruelty not allowed on the workplace.Read the full story here.
- Iran's Army delegation visits Turkey.(NewsAZ).Delegation, headed by Iran's top commander Brigadier General Ahmad Miqani, arrived in Istanbul.A top delegation from Iran's Army is in the Turkish city of Istanbul to attend a conference of world's air force commanders, Iranian military attaché in Turkey says.The three-strong delegation, headed by Iran's top commander Brigadier General Ahmad Miqani, arrived in Istanbul on Thursday, Colonel Mohammad Ahadi said, IRNA reported.The Iranian delegation is to attend the Global Air Chiefs Conference (GACC).It will also attend celebrations marking the 100th anniversary of the foundation of the Turkish Air Forces.Iranian military officials will also hold talks with officials from other countries during their five-day stay in Turkey.Hmmmmm......Get Turkey out of NATO NOW!Read the full story here.
- Sofia: Mosque takes measures against noise levels and traffic obstruction.(IslaminEurope).The Sofia mosque will reduce noise levels during Friday prayers from now on, so that it does disturb the surrounding community, the Muslim leadership announced on June 2 2011, reported by the private television channel bTV.Two of the loudspeakers have been dismounted completely while the others will be turned down. The statement was made during a meeting between Sofia mayor Yordanka Fandukova, Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov and the chief mufti, Mustafa Hadji, the report said.The chief mufti also promised that those worshippers who cannot find find room in the mosque during the Friday prayers will no longer be allowed to pray on pavements outside the temple, a bone of contention in the past.Read the full story here.
Egyptian Women’s Rights Activist Iqbal Baraka Slams the Muslim Brotherhood for Hypocrisy: They Have Learned from Turkish PM Erdogan, an "Extremely Despicable" and "Dangerous" Man
Interviewer: What about the implementation of the Turkish model in Egypt? As you know, the religious movement rules in Turkey, yet the world is dazzled by the Turkish model. Do you think this model is possible in Egypt?
Iqbal Baraka: I am not dazzled by the Turkish model at all. Allow me to disagree with you. I feel that Erdoğan is an extremely despicable man, who tries to have his cake and eat it. He portrays himself to the world as someone who is not an Islamist, and who does not want a religious state, while his political party is a religious party…
Interviewer: But Turkish society enjoys full liberties. Every citizen can do whatever he likes – from the religious perspective, as well as politically and socially.
Iqbal Baraka: But there is ban on religious political parties, and he is making all efforts to abolish this article in the constitution. He wants the religious parties to support him. Erdoğan is a dangerous man. By the way, the West is onto him. There are politicians and analysts in the West, who see and understand everything. Erdoğan conducted an all-out campaign to restore the hijab to Turkish universities, and his wife wears the hijab.
Interviewer: Do you think that the choice of a Copt as the vice president of their party is a form of propaganda, or of concealing their true beliefs?
Iqbal Baraka: Of course. They are liars. In their platform, they said that they would not allow a Copt to rule Egypt. Of course we kicked up a fuss following this, and I was the first to respond to them on the basis of the Islam and the shari'a they said: "no to a woman and n to a Copt." They have no right to deny anybody the opportunity to rule Egypt, and to prevent him from having political aspirations. They have no right. What kind of party is this, which says: "Those can, and these cannot"? How can a nation of 85 million be ruled in such a naïve way? The mixing of the sexes at university is a must. I reiterate: It is a must, because it prepares young men and women for life. Fortunately, the Egyptians by nature object to such things. Even at the lowest levels, not just the intellectuals, the secular, and so on…
Interviewer: We are always inclined to the middle of the road.
Iqbal Baraka: The middle of the road is Egypt's soul. Egypt does not like extremism. Let me tell you an historical anecdote. When the Fatimids ruled Egypt, they made it Shiite for I don't know how long. The day after they left, all the Egyptians became Sunni again. Women have fought for the liberation of Egyptian women. But now, the Muslim Brotherhood, whose members are the enemies of women, and who see nothing good in women, and who try to hide women under chairs and behind screens, so they won't be seen, and who dress her up in a niqab or a hijab if she absolutely must leave the house… These people will ultimately win seats in parliament. Why? Because they have "holy money," and they are well organized. They take a woman and make her a candidate, even if she doesn't want to, and has nothing to do with politics. She has been brought up to believe that her role is to stay at home, and to take care of her husband and her children. All of a sudden, she is thrown into the political fray, and money is spent on her. It is very likely that in the future parliament, three-quarters of the members will be women wearing the hijab, and seven-eighths will be women wearing the niqab, and they will be defending the freedom of women, the freedom of Egyptians. How can that be?!
Interviewer: Did you get a response from the Salafis?
Iqbal Baraka: The Salafis do not dare to talk back to me, because they know that my religious education is ten times better than theirs. I do not support the niqab. I am in favor of abolishing it completely, because it is a ruse used by thieves and thugs to carry out more crimes. People do a disservice to this great religion by assuming that they can force a woman, created by Allah, to hide behind an ugly black curtain this way. This is a despicable thing, which is meaningless. We must fight it in the clearest and bravest manner. There is no niqab in Islam, and it must be banned in Egypt by law.
- Syria Live Blog - June 05. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Libya Live Blog - June 05. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Yemen Live Blog - June 05 . Here. (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan today 4.7 ! Activity in Turkey.More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 128.Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- Europe - Latest official Situation Update on E-Coli epidemic. On 05.06.2011 at 03:58 GMT+2
An outbreak of a virulent strain of E. coli has killed 19 people in Europe and infected more than 2,000 in at least 12 countries, the World Health Organization said on Saturday. All but one of the fatalities were reported in Germany, where officials say it's still too early to determine whether the peak of the outbreak has passed. One person in Sweden also died. In Germany, there have been 573 cases of hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) -- a form of kidney failure -- in the current European outbreak, according to WHO. That's more cases of HUS than in any other recorded outbreak, worldwide. Twelve patients in Germany have died of HUS, according to WHO, while six died of enterohemorrhagic E. coli, EHEC, a strain that causes hemorrhaging in the intestines and can result in abdominal cramps and bloody diarrhea. Reports indicate that an estimated 1,428 people have that E. coli strain so far but do not have HUS, according to the World Health Organization.
Infections have also been identified in Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom, according to the organization. The European Food Safety Alert Network initially said enterohemorrhagic E. coli was found in organic cucumbers originating from Spain, packaged in Germany and distributed to various countries. But authorities have said that the source of the contamination has not been pinpointed. The Robert Koch Institute, Germany's federal unit responsible for disease control and prevention, has advised German consumers not to eat raw tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce. Cucumbers, tomatoes and lettuce imported from Germany and Spain will be tested and cleared before they are sold in the United States, according to David Elder of the Food and Drug Administration, and those test results will be shared with the European Union. Germany and Spain account for a small fraction of produce that is sold in the United States in a given year.
Two women and a man who traveled last month to northern Germany remain hospitalized in the United States with HUS, Chris Braden of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday. A fourth person developed bloody diarrhea, but was not hospitalized, he added. Two U.S. service members in Germany also developed diarrhea, Braden said. "We have no expectation that this will spread in our country," he added.Source.
- Obama-Inspired Ship “Audacity Of Hope” Set To Join Leftist-Islamist Gaza Flotilla II.(INN) — A ship flying US colors and carrying 34 passengers is set to joint this year’s Gaza-bound, IHH-sponsored “Freedom Flotilla 2” in June, the New York Times reported.So-called “peace activists” on the first IHH flotilla in May 2010 ambushed Israeli naval commandos who boarded the ship in accordance with international law, attempted to take them captive, and seriously injuring several. The commandos were forced to kill nine aggressors in order to rescue their imperiled comrades.This year’s American vessel, named The Audacity of Hope after US President Barack Obama’s best-selling book, is being organized by an American group called “US Boat to Gaza.”Obama links to the Audacity do not end there, however. Prof. Rashid Khalidi, director of the Middle East Institute at Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs, and a friend from Obama’s time in Chicago, is among the supporters of an appeal launched by the group last week.“We must raise at least $370,000 in the next month,” a statement on US Boat to Gaza’s Web site read indicating it doesn’t have the money needed to sail yet.“These funds will be used to purchase a boat large enough for 40-60 people, secure a crew, and cover the licensing and registering of the boat. Together we will contribute to the great effort to end the blockade of Gaza and the illegal occupation of Palestine.”Khalidi, an outspoken critic of Israel, garnered attention in 2008 when his friendship with Obama became a point of controversy during the US presidential campaign.Hmmmm....."The Obama Administration may soon present the Turkish government with a proposition to stop the upcoming flotilla to Gaza".....Yeah whatevah, your actions speak louder than words!Read the full story here.
- Syria - Video emerges of Syria 'shoot-to-kill policy'.(Al-Jazeera). A Citizen video apparently shows security forces placing fake evidence of insurrection on dead civilians.A new video clip purportedly showing shocking evidence of the Syrian government's brutal crackdown on protesters has appeared on YouTube.The footage apparently shows uniformed security forces fabricating evidence of an armed insurrection by placing ammunitions on a group of dead civilians.Al Jazeera cannot independently verify the veracity of the video because foreign media has been banned from the country.Read and see the full story here.
- Saleh is not stepping down but will return to Yemen, Saudi official says.(Al-Arabia).Yemen's beleaguered President Ali Abdullah Saleh, wounded in shelling of his compound in the capital Sana’a, arrived late Saturday in Riyadh for treatment but has not stood down, a Saudi official said."President Saleh has arrived in Riyadh for treatment, but he will return to Yemen," the official told AFP on condition of anonymity.In Sana’a, a presidential palace source confirmed his departure but refused to say any more.Under Yemen's constitution, Mr. Saleh will be replaced during his absence by Deputy President Abdel Rabbo Mansur Hadi.But uncertainty about whether his sons and nephews would try to maintain a grip on power following months of protests against Mr. Saleh's rule meant the risk of further turmoil remained.Mr. Hadi met with US ambassador to Yemen Michael Feierstein and was slated to meet members of the military and Mr. Saleh's sons, Al Arabiya television said citing sources. It was the first indication Mr. Saleh's powerful sons had not left the country.Mr. Saleh has refused to give up the power he has held for nearly 33 years despite four months of angry and violent protests against his rule.He notably refused to sign a plan worked out by the Gulf Arab monarchies, headed by Saudi Arabia, for a peaceful transfer of power.Mr. Saleh, 69, arrived aboard a Saudi medical aircraft while a second plane carried members of his family, the Saudi official said.Mr. Saleh was immediately taken to the Saudi capital's military hospital, the official said.Mr. Saleh was wounded on Friday when a shell hit the presidential palace's mosque during prayers, killing 11 and wounding 124 people, according to a government official.In an audio statement broadcast on state television late Friday as he was being treated at the defense ministry hospital in Sana’a, Mr. Saleh said he was "well, in good health."The embattled leader suffered "burns and scratches to the face and chest," an official said after the ruling General People's Congress said he was "lightly wounded in the back of the head."His regime has blamed the attack on powerful dissident tribal leader Sheikh Sadiq al-Ahmar, whose fighters have been battling government forces in the Yemeni capital since a truce crumbled on Tuesday.Prime Minister Ali Mohammed Mujawar and four other senior Yemeni officials wounded in the shelling of the presidential compound were also transferred to Saudi Arabia for treatment, Yemen's state news agency Saba reported.A source close to Sheikh Sadiq said the powerful tribal chief was "committed to a ceasefire based on mediation efforts led by Saudi King Abdullah and Crown Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz despite the continuous shelling" by Saleh forces.Meanwhile protesters celebrated what they said was the fall of the Yemeni regime."Today, Yemen is newborn," sang dozens of youths in Sanaa's University Square -- dubbed "Change Square" -- the epicentre of anti-regime protests that have raged against Saleh's rule since January."This is it, the regime has fallen," others chanted.In Yemen's second-largest city Taez, a flashpoint of anti-regime demonstrations south of Sana’a, hundreds also celebrated, chanting: "Freedom freedom, Ali has fled."Mr. Saleh, in power in Sana’a since 1978, hit out in his broadcast at "the sons of Al Ahmar" -- Sheikh Sadiq and his brothers -- and urged "the security forces to purge state institutions of these gangs."Washington condemned the violence, including the palace attack, and called for Mr.Saleh to transfer power.Read the full story here.
- Non-Muslims demand equal citizenship rights in new constitution.(TodaysZaman).The new constitution of Turkey should embrace all of its citizens and elevate individual rights and freedoms equally for all as opposed to the 1982 Constitution, which reinforced state and military authority and introduced substantial restrictions to the exercise of individual rights and freedoms, non-Muslim Turkish citizens indicate.When asked by Sunday's Zaman if Turkey needed a new constitution, most of the non-Muslim “minority” citizens of Turkey were no different than the majority of the voices in Turkey in their demands for a new, democratic and civilian constitution, and they always made references to the 1982 Constitution, which was drafted in the aftermath of the Sept. 12, 1980 military takeover.“Instead of the 1982 Constitution, which blesses and protects the state and also says that rights can be restricted, a new constitution should be made to put emphasis on human rights, provide social justice and give people rights to live in accordance with their identity,” said Arus Yumul, a professor of sociology and a Turkish citizen of Armenian origin.Laki Vingas, representative of several minority foundations and a Turkish citizen of Greek origin shares the same opinion. “Making a new constitution is important for every Turkish citizen. It is utterly disturbing that we still have the constitution of the 1980 military coup,” Vingas says.Researcher and writer Nail Güleryüz, a Turkish citizen of Jewish background, is of the same opinion, and Zeki Basatemir, a member of the board of directors of the Syriac Catholic Church Foundation in Turkey, added that Turkish citizens of Syriac origin also demand a constitution which would emphasize individual rights and freedoms.“For the constitution not to be an arena of power-sharing among the powerful, citizens’ participation into the process is essential, especially in societies that have a tendency to resort to violence,” Yumul said, adding that no matter how well-written, no constitution would provide equal citizenship for non-Muslims if it doesn’t go hand-in-hand with a general understanding for the meaning of equal citizenship.In that regard, Basatemir stressed that non-Muslims will feel their “equality” if de facto practices disappear.“Although there are not written rules, I am not allowed to have a career in the police, military and in high levels of the bureaucracy because I am a Christian,” he said. “We appreciate recent reforms in Turkey but we should have an understanding that non-Muslims are Turkish citizens, too.” In addition, Güleryüz emphasized the prevention of the hate crimes.Some civil society groups have been raising their voices against hate speech and hate crimes, which are serious problems in the country, and emphasizing that there is a need for legislation to combat them. The cases they give include the 2007 murder of journalist Hrant Dink, who was the editor-in-chief of the Turkish-Armenian weekly Agos; in Malatya, the Zirve murders of 2007 when three people who had sold Christian literature were brutally killed; and the murder of Catholic priest Father Andrea Santoro in Trabzon.Hmmmm.......Welcome to Turkey.......Iranian style.Read the full story here.
- Terrorists 'could lace British food with poison': Government's terrifying warning to supermarkets.(DailyMail).The government has warned supermarkets that terrorists could poison food supplies in Britain. Security advisers have highlighted the vulnerability of the country's food chain and how quickly bacteria can spread.Manufacturers and retailers have been told they could be at risk from groups looking to cause widespread casualties and disruption.Across the board, food and drinks producers, suppliers and supermarkets have been told to tighten security throughout their food production processes and target weaknesses in their supply chains.In the past the biggest risk to food has been from criminals attempting extortion or people with a grudge. However, Al Qaeda, dissident republicans in Northern Ireland and animal rights activists are being identified as potential risks.An official from the Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure spoke at a meeting of food safety experts.He said: The UK suffers from a low level of malicious contamination of food by the bad, the mad and the sad.'Now it has to consider the possibility of food supplies being disrupted by politically motivated groups.' Fears have been exacerbated by the outbreak of a highly virulent strain of E.Coli in Germany which is believed to have been caused by poor hygiene at a farm, in transit or at a food outlet.A senior German doctor last night called for an investigation into the possibility that the bacteria had been spread deliberately.Klaus-Dieter Zastrow, chief doctor for hygiene at Berlin’s Vivantes hospital, said: 'It’s quite possible that there’s a crazy person out there who thinks "I’ll kill a few people or give 10,000 people diarrhoea".'It’s a negligent mistake not to investigate in that direction,' he told the Sunday Telegraph. Potential attacks include the possibility of contaminating prepared food or drink with bacteria and chemicals or targeting basic ingredients used in large numbers of foods.The dairy industry is one of the biggest markets at risk because just a few grams of ricin in a tanker could kill thousands of people.Foreign food presents an even higher risk, the CPNI said, because its security cannot be guaranteed and such attacks could cause severe economic harm.Read the full story here.
- California, the state built on gold prospecting, is set to outlaw ... gold prospecting.(DailyMail).There's gold in them thar hills, but pretty soon you won't be allowed to touch it.In California, the state built on gold, the time is up for prospectors who are about to see their way of life declared illegal.Just 162 years after history's biggest gold rush, diggers - or dredgers as they now are - are losing a long-running battle with environmentalists.The reason for this mammoth fight is ... salmon.At the centre of the battle is suction dredging, today's mechanised version of gold panning.Up to 4,000 people in California use suction dredging to extract gold.It involves motorised rigs which act like giant vacuum cleaners, sucking up mud and gravel from the bottom of a watercourse and then using gravity to sort tiny quantities of gold from the rocks and dirt.Environmentalists say the technique disturbs riverbeds where fish such as pacific salmon lay their eggs.The salmon population has fallen steeply in the Golden State.The environmentalists also say the dredging releases poisonous mercury into the water.They persuaded California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to agree to a two-year moratorium on suction dredging in 2009 while scientists compile an impact report.The 800-page report has been finished at a cost of $1.5million.It recommends that the dredging can carry on, but under a strict set of conditions dictating the size of the machines and when they can be used.It says that dredging should be banned in some ecologically important rivers and streams.A paragraph in the document was changed to ensure that the Department of Fish and Game cannot spend any money reissuing dredging licences until 2017.People in the gold business are not too happy about the amendment.Rachel Dunn, an amateur prosector who runs Gold Pan California in Sacramento, said: 'It's crazy. It's a circumvention of due process, in which a cheap political manoeuvre has been used to circumvent science.'They should be ashamed. Gold is the industry that built California. What they are doing is just total lunacy.'Gold prices are currently at a record high of more than $1,500 an ounce.With California's unemployment rate at ten per cent, critics say the state cannot afford to criminalisea potentially lucrative industry.Many communities in remote areas rely on income from the prospectors who visit each year, the Independent on Sunday reports.Bruce Johnson, who owns a campground in Seiad Valley in the heart of gold country, said: 'We are holding on for dear life out here and the gold miners could immediately help ease the burden. Is the legislation intentionally dysfunctional?'Read the full story here.
- Fogel family murderer 'proud of what I did'.(Ynet).Amjad Awad said he has no regrets over butchering family of five in Itamar, even if it means he'll get death sentence."I'm proud of what I did," so declared Amjad Mahmad Awad, 19, on Sunday just moments before an indictment against him and his partner Hakim Awad was filed before the Judea and Samaria Sector Military Court, over the murders of five members of the Fogel family two and a half months ago. "I don't regret what I did, even if it means I'm sentenced to death," Amjad said ahead of the indictment hearing.A month after the attack elite IDF forces succeeded in capturing the murderers. A few soldiers arrived at Amjad's house in the village of Awarta near Itamar in the middle of the night. "He was sleeping and surprised by our arrival. He was very frightened. In spite of his young age he carried out these monstrous acts," said Captain N, commander of the Duvdevan (cherry) unit.According to N, "since the attack we were on high alert to arrest those responsible for this horrific murder. It was clear to us that this was an important case and that we needed to be prepared. Our preparations included many scenarios…When it was all over I told my soldiers that they did a great thing." Read the full story here.
- Watch: Iranian jet crashes in mid flyby.(Ynet). Rare footage of Iranian jet crash during military flyby in 2009 posted online, goes viral. Rare footage of an Iranian fighter jet crash was posted on the Internet Saturday and went viral almost instantaneously.The footage, which was apparently filmed during an Islamic Republic military parade in 2009, documents the jet spiraling out of control and crashing during a formation flyby. The footage, which was also aired on CBS, shows the jet as it fumbled in mid-air before crashing into the ground in a great ball of fire. According to reports, seven people were killed in the crash. The footage was reportedly taken by a C-130 aircraft participating in the flyby.Read and see the full story here.
- Saudi actress held for driving car.(Emirates247).Saudi police arrested a well-known actress for driving a car in a public place in defiance of a long-standing ban on female driving in the conservative Gulf oil producer, a newspaper reported on Sunday.Wajnat Rahbini was seized while driving through the streets of the western Red Sea port of Jeddah, the second largest Saudi city. She was taken to a police centre for possible imprisonment, the Arabic language daily 'Okaz' said.“The actress was arrested because she violated existing rules in the kingdom...She was taken to a police centre where the necessary measures will be taken against her,” the paper said.Another daily, Saudi Gazette, said Rahbini was to be released on Sunday but her car would be impounded.Rahbini has performed in many Saudi TV episodes, including the popular sitcom 'Tash Ma Tash', which is broadcast annually during the fasting month of Ramadan.Several other Saudi women have defied the driving ban over the past few weeks and some of them have been arrested. Saudi female activists have launched a Facebook campaign to press for an end to the driving ban. Read the full story here.
Saturday, June 4, 2011
- Syria Live Blog - June 04. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Libya Live Blog - June 04. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Yemen Live Blog - June 04 . Here. (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan today 4.8 ! activity in Turkey.More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 128.Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- Europe - Latest official Situation Update on E-Coli epidemic. Situation Update No. 33
On 04.06.2011 at 04:10 GMT+2. So far, 18 people have died from the strain, which is the deadliest outbreak of E. coli in modern history. Source.
- US: Peace summit instead of flotilla.(Ynet).Turkish newspapers say Washington considering asking Ankara to host Israeli-Palestinian conference in exchange for stopping Gaza-bound sail, ending diplomatic crisis with Jerusalem.The American administration is considering offering the Turkish government a deal, which would see Ankara hosting a peace conference attended by Israel and the Palestinian Authority in exchange for restoring its relations with Jerusalem and stopping the Gaza-bound flotilla planned for late June, Turkish newspaper Zaman reported Friday. According to the flotilla organizers, vessels from several European countries will leave Turkey towards the end of June.Turkish daily Hurriyet quoted sources as saying that the United States would officially ask Turkey to host an Israeli-Palestinian peace summit in exchange for stopping the flotilla and ending the diplomatic crisis with Israel. According to the offer, the summit will continue previous gathering held in the past, including the 1991 Madrid Conference and the secret Oslo negotiations in 1993. A US State Department spokesperson said Wednesday that his country had raised its concerns with the Turkish government regarding any flotilla sailing towards the Gaza Strip. According to the US, any flotilla would be considered an act of provocation since there is already an effective protocol to transfer humanitarian aid into Gaza.State Department deputy spokesman Mark Toner raised the issue during a daily press briefing in Washington, saying that in recent conversations with the Turkish government the US warned against organizations planning to break the Israeli blockade on Gaza. "We’ve raised our concerns with the Turkish Government as well, and we’ve also met and said publicly as well as privately, meeting with some of these NGOs, about the risk for attempting to break this blockade," said Toner. "We have made clear through the past year that groups and individuals who seek to break Israel’s maritime blockade of Gaza are taking irresponsible and provocative actions that entail a risk to their safety. I think I’ve talked about this specifically."Toner reiterated that "there are established and efficient mechanisms for getting humanitarian assistance through to Gaza, and that’s been our message consistently".Hmmmm.....IF this is true, then why allow the US ship "Audacity of Hope " to leave for Gaza?Nice try Hussein!Read the full story here.
- Was the Faith of Jerusalem discussed in Rome, between the Pope , Biden and Abbas?Was Vice -President Biden in Rome meeting with the Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas also?(CNSnews).U.S. Vice President Joseph Biden, a pro-abortion rights Roman Catholic, met with Pope Benedict XVI in an unannounced visit at the Vatican on Friday.Vatican officials said the meeting was strictly private and U.S. officials declined to give details.Biden, who was in Rome to mark Italy's 150th anniversary as a unified nation, is an observant Catholic who nevertheless supports abortion rights. Benedict has long insisted that Catholic politicians follow church teaching on such "nonnegotiable" issues as abortion, which the Vatican strongly opposes.The Vatican did not release a photo of Biden and the pope. The media only learned of the meeting when journalists at the Vatican to cover Benedict's meeting with the Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas spotted Biden's car in the Vatican courtyard.Hmmmmm........Someone hiding big secrets?Read the full story here.
- Woman handing out the Koran and talking religion outside Outside Bloomington Library Stabs two people.(CBS).Two people were stabbed in a seemingly random attack at a Twin Cities library.After the incident Wednesday night at the Oxboro Library in Bloomington, 35-year-old Samira Abdalla Salim was arrested.Salim was no stranger to the Oxboro Library. She had a reputation for handing out the Koran and talking religion outside the building.“They had some issues with her harassing other patrons,” said Bloomington Police Commander Mark Stehlik.But it’s what investigators say she did on Wednesday night that surprised everyone. “I never thought she would do that. She was very nice,” said Anisa Ahmed, Salim’s neighbor. Salim is accused of stabbing two people. The first victim was a woman who was walking into the library.“The next thing she knew, she felt a sharp pain in the middle of her back and realized she had been stabbed,” said Stehlik.The second was a security guard who heard the victim’s cry for help. He went to talk to Salim in the parking lot.“Spoke to her briefly and then she actually stabbed him as well. Stabbed him in the abdomen,” said StehlikBecause Salim lived next door to the library, witnesses identified her right away and she was arrested in minutes.“Nobody was worried about her committing a violent act,” said Stehlik.Fourteen-year-old Ahmed lives next door to Salim and only knows a friendly lady whose kids were friends with her sisters.“She’d greet us every morning … and she’d get to know us,” said Ahmed.Now the question everyone wants answered is why a woman who was not seen as a threat suddenly became violent.“It’s unusual. Somebody minding their own business, walking into library, it doesn’t happen too often where they become victim of assault like this,” said Stehlik.The victims had minor injuries. Police say they weren’t stabbed with a knife but a sharp, pointy object.Hmmmm....."The Djinnis made me do it"?Read the full story here.
- Proof that S.F.’s circumcision ban Is anti-Semitic.(InfidelBloggers).As you may have heard by now, San Francisco will be voting this November on whether or not to ban circumcision in the city.Defenders of the measure say it’s all about “human rights” and “protecting babies” from unnecessary procedures.But critics suspected there was something vaguely anti-Semitic about the whole proposal, since among Jews (and Muslims, as well) circumcising male babies is a religious duty, not just a mistaken medical procedure.Ban proponents insisted their proposal had nothing to do with Jews — really, it’s all about the rights of children.Well, any doubt that they were lying have now been dispelled, with the publication of new campaign literature for the upcoming circumcision ban. The campaign comic book, called “Foreskin Man,” after its baby-saving superhero, features a litany of evil Jews doing battle with blond Nordic saviors.Anyway here's the team of the 'cartoon':
Written and Edited by Matthew Hess
Pencilled and Inked by Gledson Barreto
Colored and Lettered by Ian Sokoliwski
Gledson Barreto is a28 years old, I am natural of the city of Jaguaribe-Ce. It concludes the university in History in the year of 2006, for University of Philosophy Dom Aureliano Matos. Now I am municipal public employee, more specifically of the City councils of Lemon tree of the North, city where I live. In the spare times I work as designer, being that one of my passions. I adore to draw!!! In that area, now drawing for Ed Benes Studio.Ed Benes of DC Comics, the US publishing giant, will publish the first of six special crossover issues in which The 99 will be fighting crime alongside the Justice League of America, the fictional superhero team that includes Superman and Batman.Gledson is also A get watchers member.
The Acceptance criteria and submission rules:
NO pornographic content
NO extreme violence and/or gore/horror
NO racism.Hmmmm......I don't know if the comic will stay below the 'racism' threshold?Just strange not to use an American artist ,but an Brazilian .......unless DC comics proposed to use him.Read the full story here .
- Sobibor museum shuts on fund shortage.(Ynet). Lack of funds forces exhibition hall at former Nazi death camp in Poland to close, drawing protests from Jewish groups.A lack of funds has forced a museum housing the former Nazi death camp of Sobibor to close, drawing protests from Jewish groups over the fate of a site where up to 350,000 Jews perished. Poland's culture ministry said on Friday it would take charge of the museum, located in the southeast of the country, from next year, but it was not clear who would care for the 25-acre site in the interim period.The closure comes less than a month after a German court convicted former Nazi prison guard John Demjanjuk for his role in the killing of 28,000 Jews at Sobibor during World War II. Demjanjuk, 91, is appealing against the court verdict. "We have ceased all activity at the site. We cannot afford to keep the place orderly and tidy, it's been completely abandoned. It's hard to accept this," said Marek Bem, spokesman for the museum he co-founded in 1994. Until now, funds from the local municipality and private donors have financed the museum. "It is immoral in a way that the site is largely supported by a very dynamic group of victims' families, while the heirs of the perpetrators are nowhere to be seen," said Bem. The museum needs up to 3 million zlotys ($1.10 million) annually to function and to conduct research, he added.The American Gathering of Holocaust Survivors and their Descendants issued a statement deploring the closure."The demands of history and our obligation to the education of future generations must be respected so that this solemn place remain open. Whatever the price of memory, the cost of forgetfulness is so much greater," it said, noting the timing of the move shortly after Demjanjuk's conviction. The group later issued a separate statement welcoming the Polish culture ministry's intervention Poland was home to the largest Jewish population in Europe and the second largest in the world before the Nazi German invasion of 1939. Most of its Jews perished in the Nazi camps including Sobibor and nearby Belzec, Treblinka and Majdanek. Set in a swampy forest, Sobibor became the final destination for many Jews not only from Poland but from a number of other European countries. Bem said 13 survivors of the Sobibor camp were still alive.Two years ago, Poland appealed for international financial help to maintain the Auschwitz site. Germany and Britain are among countries that have made donations.Read the full story here.
- Kate and Wills enjoy a day at the races... and the Queen keeps smiling even though her horse finished third at the Derby.(DailyMail).Newlyweds the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were all smiles today as they enjoyed a day at the races, accompanied by royal jester Prince Harry. The trio were clearly enjoying a chuckle as they made their way into the royal enclosure at today's Investec Derby at Epsom.Even the Queen managed to keep a smile on her face, in spite of the fact her horse lost its race.Despite being a favourite to win the Derby in today's race tournament, colt Carlton House - the 5-2 favourite - finished third of the 13 runners.Hmmmm.....Is it me or has Prince William forgotten to slip on his wedding ring?Read the full story here.
- 'No calm in Mideast as long as Israel exists'.(Ynet).Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad reiterates call against Jewish State, says 'as long as Zionist regime exists, if only on a small piece of land in Palestine, the region will not see tranquility'.Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Friday repeated his assertion that there will be no tranquility in the Middle East as long as Tehran's archenemy, Israel, continues to exist."As long as the Zionist regime exists, if only on a small piece of land in Palestine, the region will not see tranquility" he said to a crowd gathered at the mausoleum of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini on the eve of the 22nd anniversary of the revolutionary leader's death."So all the people of the region shall move towards the disappearance of American domination in the region and the disappearance of the Zionist regime," Ahmadinejad said in the speech, which was broadcast live on state radio.Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei also made comments, saying that Iran backs "the undivided country of Palestine which belongs to the Palestinians.""Palestine will return to the arms of Islam, without any doubt," he added. Iran has not recognized Israel since the 1979 Islamic revolution and backs Palestinian and Lebanese militant groups fighting against it.in late May reacted to President Barack Obama's landmark speech on the Middle East, dubbing the idea of the creation of a Palestinian state alongside Israel as a "satanic plan" doomed to "fail."Obama said in the speech in mid-May that the borders of Israel and Palestine "should be based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps, so that secure and recognized borders are established for both states."Hmmmm.....Honestly Mahmoud you're become a bit of a bore ,always the same tune.Read the full story here.
- Saudi Teen wife killed by 62-year-old husband’s gun.(Emirates247).An 18-year-old Saudi woman died after she was shot by a gun owned by her 62-year-old husband and police are investigating whether it was suicide, a newspaper reported on Saturday.Police rushed the unnamed women to hospital but she died on arrival, Almadina said in a report from the southern province of Jazan.“Police found that the gun belongs to the victim’s husband…they are investigating whether it was suicide or she was shot by some one else.”Hmmmm......Read the full story here.
- Egypt reopens Rafah crossing after Palestinian breach.(JPost).Video -After bus loads of passengers left waiting at the shut Rafah border, angry Palestinians force gate open; tensions grow between Hamas and Egypt.Egyptian authorities opened the Rafah border between Egypt and Gaza Saturday afternoon, after dozens of Palestinian protesters in Gaza stormed the crossing's iron gate. According to Israel Radio, Egypt had delayed the border's opening Saturday morning by nearly three hours. Palestinian border officials said three buses filled with 180 passengers had waited several hours to cross the border at Rafah, the Hamas-ruled gateway to Egypt, and some of those waiting responded by forcing the gate open."We have not been notified of any reason for the closure, passengers are angry," one of the officials told Reuters.Palestinian news channel Ma'an reported that Egyptian authorities said the border was closed due to "works" in progress. The unexpected closure came only days after Egypt announced that the number of travelers allowed to cross into Rafah would be limited to between 350 and 400 people a day.The new restrictions strained relations between Hamas and Egypt less than a week after the border crossing was reopened.Salameh Baraka, director of Hamas’s border crossing police in the Gaza Strip, denounced the restrictions as unreasonable, said they were a setback and called on Cairo to reconsider its move.He added that the Egyptians justified the restrictions by arguing that they were unable to accommodate more than 400 people per day.The Egyptian envoy to the Palestinian Authority, Yasser Othman, denied that the restrictions were the result of external pressure on the Egyptian authorities. He said there was no change in Egypt’s decision to reopen the border crossing and blamed technicalities and logistics for the delays and limits.Read the full story here.
- Sudanese Christian Woman Arrested for Evangelizing; Another is Attacked.(OpendoorUSA).In Darfur Region in northwestern Sudan, Hawa Abdalla Muhammad Saleh was arrested on May 9 in the Abu Shouk camp for Internally Displaced Persons in Al-Fashir, capital of North Darfur state, sources told Compass News. Abdalla has yet to be officially charged, but authorities have accused her of possessing and distributing Bibles to others in the camp, including children. Sources said she could also be tried for apostasy, which carries the death sentence in Sudan. Abdalla has been transferred to an unknown location in Khartoum, sources said, adding that they fear she could be tortured, as she was previously detained and tortured for six days in 2009. The arrest comes as northern Christians become more vulnerable to official and societal pressure with South Sudan set to split from the predominantly Muslim north on July 9.At the same time, in Khartoum, a Christian mother of a 2-month-old baby was wounded because she and her husband left Islam for Christianity. On May 4, knife-wielding, masked assailants attacked Omar Hassan and Amouna Ahamdi, both 27. Hassan told Compass News that his wife was injured while trying to protect him.This recent attack was not the first for Ahamdi. Earlier, before she met and married Hassan, her brother had stabbed her three times in the stomach, seriously injuring her spleen after she told him she had become a Christian. In the violent outburst, her brother also broke her left leg. She was rushed to a local hospital where she met Hassan, also a convert who had also suffered for his faith. Hassan had heard about her suffering and had gone to visit her while she healed from the injuries. After a partial recovery, Ahamdi was discharged back to the hostile home where she had been attacked. “You don’t deserve to be a member of my family,” her angry father shouted at her, she said. Her family locked her in a room, shackled to a wooden chair, and severely beat her for a month. “They shaved all my hair and my father whipped my head,” Ahamdi said. “But neighbors used to sneak in secretly, and provided me food and water.”“I found a chance to escape to the Episcopal Church of Sudan (ECS), where I got married to Hassan,” she said. Her health however continued to deteriorate, and the doctors recommended she be transferred to Khartoum for specialized treatment. “With a small amount of money, we managed to reach Khartoum by train, where my uncle hosted us, not knowing that we were Christians,” she said. Hassan had also suffered greatly for his faith. Born the son of an imam belonging to the Ansar Al-Sunna, a sect of Sunni Muslims, he started questioning the Quran while accompanying his father on a preaching mission. A high-profile Muslim from Europe happened to be in the area, and young Hassan asked him questions about Muhammad and Jesus. He found no immediate answers and decided to be without faith. His father became so angry that he denied Hassan all basic needs. Hassan began comparing Christianity and Islam with a workmate. His friend invited him to visit a church, and Hassan also began attending a Bible study. Hassan said he began having dreams and visions and heard a voice saying, “This is the way.” He told this to a church pastor, who said that it referred to Jesus saying it of Himself in John 14:6. “A desire for attending church grew in me, and thereafter I got baptized,” Hassan said. “One morning, when I was on my knees praying, my father entered into the room and found me. He closed the door and invited seven relatives plus my elder brother, who started beating me with sticks and broke my shoulder. I almost lost my sight. My elder brother helped me escape to the pastor’s house.” When his father realized that he remained a Christian, he ordered him to leave and never return. This was in 2007. Over the next several years Hassan moved several times. The ESC congregation sent him to Shokaya Bible Institute for six months where upon completion he returned where he met and married Ahamdi in June 2010. Now living in Khartom, Hassan and Ahamdi depend on friends to provide them occasional food. They sometimes go without eating for days. In addition, they have been given notice to vacate Ahamdi’s uncle house after he discovered that they had converted. “Life is becoming unbearable for us here in Khartoum,” said Hassan. “We cannot deny Christ – this is a big challenge to us, because we do not have a place to go,” said Ahamdi, through tears. “We have no food, and we are jobless. I am still in pain, besides having a 2-month-old baby boy to care for.” Sudan (North) is number 35 on the Open Doors World Watch List of the 50 countries of the world where persecution of Christians is most severe. The U.S. Department of State’s International Religious Freedom Report 2010 notes that while Sudan’s Interim National Constitution provides for freedom of religion throughout the country, it establishes sharia (Islamic law) as a source of legislation in the north. Concern is growing as the July 9 date approaches when the referendum will be complete dividing the North and South into two separate states. Hmmmm........Where's the so called Christian President defender of the oppressed?Ah gone golfing ......again. His 13th outing this year and the 71st of his presidency.Read the full story here.
- Driver kills 3 Egyptian soldiers at checkpoint in the northern Sinai.(Emirates247).Egyptian security officials say a truck driver drove through a checkpoint in this northern Sinai city, killing three soldiers and badly injuring a fourth as they slept in their tent.The officials said Saturday that the man drove through a checkpoint while exiting the city of el-Arish, chasing away the soldiers manning it.The truck then swerved toward a roadside tent, killing three sleeping soldiers and badly injuring a fourth.The officials said the driver is in custody. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media.They said it was not clear why the driver stormed the checkpoint.Read the full story here.
- And now for something completely Different.Armchair astronaut discovers Mars 'space station' using Google earth.We have all heard of little green men from Mars.But now an American 'armchair astronaut' claims to have discovered a mysterious structure on the surface of the red planet - by looking on Google earth.David Martines, whose YouTube video of the 'station' has racked up over 200,000 hits so far, claims to have randomly uncovered the picture while scanning the surface of the planet one day.Describing the 'structure' as a living quarters with red and blue stripes on it, to the untrained eye it looks nothing more than a white splodge on an otherwise unblemished red landscape.He even lists the co-ordinates 49'19.73"N 29 33'06.53"W so others can go see the anomaly for themselves.In a pre recorded 'fly by' video of the object, Mr Martines describes what he thinks the station might be.He said: 'This is a video of something I discovered on Google Mars quite by accident. 'I call it Bio-station Alpha, because I'm just assuming that something lives in it or has lived in it.'It's very unusual in that it's quite large, it's over 700 feet long and 150 feet wide, it looks like it's a cylinder or made up of cylinders.'It could be a power station or it could be a biological containment or it could be a glorified garage - hope it's not a weapon. 'Whoever put it up there had a purpose I'm sure. I couldn't imagine what the purpose was. I couldn't imagine why anybody would want to live on Mars. 'It could be a way station for weary space travellers. It could also belong to NASA, I don't know that they would admit that. 'I don't know if they could pull off such a project without all the people seeing all the material going up there. I sort of doubt NASA has anything to do with this. 'I don't know if NASA even knows about this.'The 'discovery' is similar to that of the infamous 'face on Mars'Uncovered by the Viking 1 probe in 1976, a quirk of geography threw shadows over a small hill on the Cydonia region of Mars, making the inanimate rock look like a carved face.The picture was heralded as proof of an alien civilisation by some but was dismissed as a mere trick of the light by scientists at NASA.MailOnline has tried to contact both NASA and Goggle for a response to the image, but neither has replied.Read and see the full story here.