Friday, June 3, 2011
The latest micro documentary from Daniel Vision Victory and Crush the Street is bound to get tempers flaring – on both sides.With cities, states and the Federal government facing serious budgetary problems, cuts are going to have to be made. We can expect, then, that any such cuts that will affect public union members will be countered by mass protests and potentially riots. As the documentary points out, organized unions are a burden on the system, with government officials regularly bowing to demands for more money, benefits and pensions. The end result, which apparently union members don’t realize, will be the opposite of what they are trying to accomplish. Not only will public union members pay the price, so too will the private sector:
Analyst Meredith Whitney, last year, forecast that two million government jobs would be eliminated during this depression. This is already happening, as 750,000 government employees have already lost their jobs. Governments are bloated and broke, and it is not mathematically possible to pay public union members what they think they’re worth. There will be much more pain to come.There will also be blood, because union members seem to be disconnected from reality. We can expect more protests, and potentially riots if the governments have to raid their pensions, benefits and wages to cover budgetary gaps.Read the full story here.
- Syria Live Blog - June 03. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Libya Live Blog - June 03. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Yemen Live Blog - June 03 . Here. (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan today 6.2 - India 5.9 ! Lots of activity in Turkey.More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 128.Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- Europe - Latest official Situation Update on E-Coli epidemic. Source.
- Syrian activists call for 'Children's Friday'.(Al-Jazeera).Anti-Assad demonstrators protest against government brutality, with more than 30 young people dead since March.Syrian activists have called for protests on Friday over the dozens of children killed in anti-government protests, as the opposition continues to demand the "immediate resignation" of Bashar al-Assad, the country's president.Rejecting government concessions, opposition groups at a meeting in Turkey called late on Thursday for parliamentary and presidential elections within a year of Assad's removal and vowed to work "to bring down the regime".Hillary Clinton, the US secretary of state, said the international community needs to be more united on dealing with the Syria government's crackdown on the pro-democracy movement."Right now the attitude of the international community is not as united as we are seeking to make it," she said in Washington, apparently alluding to Russia's moves blocking a proposed UN Security Council condemnation of Syria.Activists called for "Children's Friday" protests to honour the children killed in the uprising, such as 13-year-old Hamza al-Khatib whom activists say was tortured to death, a charge denied by the authorities."The people want the fall of the regime. Tomorrow, it's 'Children's Friday' of rising up against injustice, like the adults," the activists announced on their Facebook page "Syrian Revolution 2011", an engine of the revolt.The UN children's agency UNICEF says at least 30 children have been shot dead in the revolt against Assad's autocratic rule which erupted in mid-March.The more than 10-week-old revolt in Syria was sparked by the arrest and torture of 15 children and adolescents accused of painting anti-regime graffiti in the southern town of Daraa, which became a flashpoint of the deadly protests."A photo of a child who is dead or being tortured or being mutilated is much more powerful than of an adult," Patrick McCormick, UNICEF spokesman, said, referring to the Facebook campaign focused on the fate of Hamza."The use of Facebook or any image especially of children is incredibly powerful," he told AFP news agency. "They are innocent victims here, they get caught in the middle, it is not their fight."McCormick said the situation would worsen with the end of the academic year. "It will leave the children and teenagers more vulnerable because they will be out and about and not sitting in a classroom."Hmmmm....How about the innocent Jewish children killed by the Palestinians?Read the full story here.
- "Have Airforce Two - Will Travel".Michelle to Travel to Southern Africa.(Whitehousedossier).Well, it’s kind of an expensive trip to take while President Obama and Congress are engaged in a desperate struggle to slash spending, isn’t it? But the White House is making clear that, unlike her vacation to Spain last year, which cost taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars, this is an official trip. It is the kind of thing all first ladies do to promote the United States and its interests overseas.Now, does that mean she – and her mom, and her daughters – ain’t going to get in some sight seeing or sample some roast antelope at a swank Johannesburg eatery? I’m sure they will.But as long as she spends plenty of time working, this is normal first lady stuff. The schedule suggests they’ll be bouncing around too much to get too comfortable. From the White House:First Lady Michelle Obama announced that she will travel to Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa and Gaborone, Botswana during an official visit to Africa from June 21 – 26 focused on youth leadership, education, health and wellness. The trip is a continuation of Mrs. Obama’s work to engage young people at home and abroad, from mentoring students in the United States and encouraging them to gain international experience, to encouraging young people to excel academically, serve, and lead . . . Accompanying Mrs. Obama on this trip will be her mother, Mrs. Robinson and her daughters, Malia and Sasha Obama.In addition to advancing her international youth engagement agenda, the First Lady’s events will amplify the President’s support for democracy, development and economic opportunity across Africa. During her trip, Mrs. Obama will deliver the keynote address to a U.S.-sponsored Young African Women Leaders Forum in South Africa. Forum participants include young women from across sub-Saharan Africa who are leading or involved in social and economic initiatives in their own countries.Hmmmm.....Start the countdown for the next revolution?Read the full story here.
- Update ! Jewish Group Removes Video Of Them Singing At The White House Per ‘Obama Admin Request.'The Maccabeats deny the story about the removal of their video, on their facebook page you can read the following statement:"
So there's a really interesting rumor circulating online about how the White House demanded we remove a video of us privately singing for the President. Never happened. We only posted the video privately in the first place, out of respect for our host. especially after we were
treated so well by the entire staff. We think the White House has more interesting things to do than hunt down Maccabeats videos.Hmmmm....Anyway for those interested here's the video in question.Read the full story here.
ObamabookFacebook – self appointed arbiter of “free speech” – tells Tea Party no more organizing.(floppingAces). In what is an astonishing development, Mark Zuckerberg’s social media sensation, Facebook, has been slowly and quietly clamping down on the use of the site for political purposes. Kellen Giuda, an architect who started the NY Tea Party, has a column today in The Daily Caller to expose the Facebook hypocrisy, and to announce an alternative social medium to replace the FB void after a series of policy and site changes that are designed to limit the scope of use of Facebook related to political purposes.What makes an American entrepreneur’s blood run cold is the quote from Facebook’s Adam Conner to the Wall Street Journal last month:
Meanwhile, Facebook is talking with potential Chinese partners about entering the huge China market, where the government has been cracking down on dissidents. That crackdown has come in response to the uprisings shaking authoritarian Middle Eastern regimes, movements that have used U.S.-based social-media sites like Facebook and Twitter as organizing tools.“Maybe we will block content in some countries, but not others,” Adam Conner, a Facebook lobbyist, told the Journal. “We are occasionally held in uncomfortable positions because now we’re allowing too much, maybe, free speech in countries that haven’t experienced it before,” he said. “Right now we’re studying and learning about China but have made no decisions about if, or how, we will approach it,” said Debbie Frost, Facebook’s director of international communications.It’s chilling enough that a social medium that has played such a high profile role in political interaction decides that one country is “experienced” enough to be allowed free speech, and another isn’t. But considering Facebook’s attitude towards the Tea Party, this begs the question of Mr. Conner… just what part of America, and our founding based on free speech, requires nanny censorship by a self appointed arbiter?Facebook isn’t foolish enough to outright lay on political censorship. As Guida points out, it’s been a series of steps that unmistakenly is aimed at political use of the medium. And he further suggests that the overt ties to liberal political beliefs may play a large part in thwarting Tea Party organization.The company has changed the way Facebook’s group, newsfeed and event features work, and it has restricted the ability of users to communicate with people (via messages and wall posts) who are outside of their real-life social networks.What’s more, it’s become clear that Facebook itself is dominated by liberals:
•98% of political donations from Facebook employees went to Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election.
•Chris Hughes, one of Facebook’s co-founders, headed up Barack Obama’s successful website during the 2008 campaign. In 2009, he was featured on the cover of Fast Company magazine as “The kid who made Obama president: how Facebook cofounder Chris Hughes unleashed Barack’s base — and changed politics and marketing forever.”
•Facebook’s former attorney for privacy issues, Chris Kelly, ran for attorney general of California in 2010 on a far-left platform.
Many Americans and Tea Party organizers are waking up to this liberal culture at Facebook, which was on display at the recent Facebook townhall where Barack Obama and Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg fawned over each other.And speaking of this new a’political philosphy, if Facebook is so all fired dedicated to free speech and staying away from politics, why the heck are they interviewing the POTUS on political issues, and livestreaming it on Facebook anyway?And what happens to all those Congressional owned Facebook accounts? Aren’t they entirely political in nature? Or is it only “organizing” they seem to oppose?Hmmmm........This is why i don't use facebook.Read the full story here.
- Egypt revolution leaves Sinai increasingly lawless.(BBC).Egypt's northern Sinai is a desert region of frequent lawlessness where the Bedouin tribesmen who live have complained of being neglected and oppressed by the central government. Tim Whewell went to find out if anything has changed since Egypt's revolution."This is me with my new Kalashnikov," the young water engineer tells me as we sit by a hotel pool in El-Arish on Egypt's north Sinai coast, clicking through snapshots on his mobile phone. "Before the revolution I never needed one, but now I do. To protect my family. It's getting much more dangerous here." With his slicked-back hair, t-shirt and jeans, Fouad (not his real name) looks like any young, middle-class Egyptian.Like thousands of others he joined the crowds of protesters filling Cairo's Tahrir Square during the revolution that overthrew President Hosni Mubarak in February. But Fouad is not first and foremost an Egyptian. He is Bedouin, belonging to one of the tribes who for centuries have roamed the Sinai peninsula - the pointed tooth of wilderness that separates Africa from Asia. Once the Sinai was a land bridge. According to the Bible, it is where the Children of Israel journeyed on their 40-year trek from Egypt to the Promised Land. But more recently it has been a battleground in Egypt's wars with Israel.The Bedouin have been caught in the middle. And that is one reason, they say, why they have suffered discrimination in Egypt since it regained Sinai from Israeli occupation in 1982 - discrimination that has left them alienated and angry. "If you are Bedouin you can't join the army or the police. You can't apply to be a diplomat," another young man in north Sinai, Ahmed Salama tells me. "Maybe they are suspicious we might have some connections with the Israelis, but we don't." In the final years of President Mubarak's regime, Sinai was the most restive part of Egypt. Policemen were killed in armed clashes with Bedouin as they tried to crack down on the lucrative smuggling routes carrying weapons and building materials into the Gaza Strip, and illegal workers into Israel. Now, he says, it has all changed. Gaza has all the guns it needs, and Hamas can manufacture its own rockets. The market now is internal, within Sinai. "Because of the revolution," he says, "there are no police anymore. And the people won't allow the police to come back until there's an amnesty for Bedouin who've been wrongly prosecuted. So, till then, how can you protect your life? You have to bear arms." Two years ago, in cables later released by Wikileaks, US diplomats reported intelligence from Egypt's spy chief Omar Suleiman that Iran had been trying to recruit Sinai Bedouin to smuggle weapons to Hamas. The reports are hard to verify. Egypt may have had an interest in playing up the threat. But Israel believes the growing lawlessness in Sinai since the revolution can only make it easier for smugglers and terrorists to operate. Even the most prominent Bedouin rights activist, Musaad Abu Fajr, jailed under the old regime, does not dismiss that possibility. The forces that might seek to take advantage of the current instability in Sinai, he says, are Iran, Hamas, Hezbollah - and even al-Qaeda. But he adds: "I wouldn't blame them. I'd blame those in charge of managing Egypt. If they develop Sinai properly, no outside forces will be able to penetrate and do the damage they're doing." Read and see the full story here.
- Iran Tests Nuclear Missile Warhead Design.(Newsmax).Iran has built and tested all the elements of a nuclear weapon design similar to the bomb dropped on Nagasaki, Japan, in 1945, and is actively working to fit it onto a ballistic missile capable of reaching Israel, nuclear experts told Newsmax this week.The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Vienna first revealed that Iran had been working on the tried and true nuclear weapons design three years ago. But only last week did the U.N. agency spell out the details of Iran’s nuclear weapons-related work.The tests the IAEA says Iran has carried out “seem logically to be part of a weaponization process,” said Dr. James McNally, a former U.S. nuclear weapons lab researcher. “The Iranians appear to be scoping out what needs to be done to get to their goal.”In a technically-worded section of his May 24 report to the U.N. Security Council, IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano said the Agency “remains concerned about . . . activities related to the development of a nuclear payload for a missile.”The IAEA said the weapon design uses hemispheres of highly-enriched uranium, a design consistent with an implosion device. The agency also has information showing that Iran had conducted “design work and modeling studies involving the removal of the conventional high explosive payload from the warhead of the Shahab-3 missile and replacing it with a spherical nuclear payload.”“I don’t see that as part of a peaceful nuclear program,” McNally told Newsmax in an interview.Iran has displayed its Shahab-3 missiles in public parades draped in English-language banners that read, “Israel Must be Wiped Off the Map.” It developed the missile in the mid-1990s with help from Russia and North Korea, and conducted its first successful test flight in July 1998. Iran claims it has built several hundred of the missiles, which can reach targets up to 1,200 miles, depending on the version.Taken together, the new information from the IAEA shows that Iran has carried out a “cold test” of its nuclear weapons design, former CIA nuclear weapons analyst Dr. Peter Pry told Newsmax.“These are all the components required to do not only a cold test but to actually build a screw-ready nuclear weapon short of having the fuel,” Pry said. “If you master the explosive lenses and the neutron generator, then really all you need is the fuel and the ability to shape the fuel into hemispheres.”Iran has been able to shape uranium into hemispheres for several years, according to earlier IAEA reports. In its latest report, the IAEA said that Iran has conducted “full scale experiments” of the complex high-explosive detonation component of the bomb, “work which may have benefited form the assistance of foreign expertise.”As for nuclear fuel, the latest IAEA report shows that Iran has recovered from the Stuxnet computer worm attack, and has accelerated the production of enriched uranium at its declared centrifuge plant at Natanz.“In constructing any program it is logical to identify each task needed for producing a working nuclear explosive,” McNally told Newsmax. “These steps can be carried out almost independently in order to keep a low profile and hide the proximity to the final nuclear detonation,” he added.Former assistant secretary of State for On-site Verification, Paula Desutter, saw no ambiguity in Iran’s nuclear test program. “That’s weaponization,” she told Newsmax. “There is no other reason to conduct those tests except to prepare a nuclear device.”Most Western intelligence analysts believe Iran has a parallel program and has installed enrichment centrifuges at secret sites it has not declared to the IAEA, using uranium milled from local mines that are not covered by IAEA safeguards.The move from virtual nuclear weapons state to actual nuclear weapons capability “has been authorized by Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei,” Kahlili believes.“They have the knowledge, and now they have the materials. The time for speculative argument is over. They are going to have it. They are going to have the bomb,” Kahlili told Newsmax.Hmmmm.....Who's to say that one of these frequent earthquakes in Iran, wasn't an underground nuclear weapon test?Read the full story here.
- "Fall for Das vaterland"?Terrorists Claim German Jihadist Dead in Afghanistan.(Spiegel).A German jihadist has been killed in fighting with US soldiers in Afghanistan, a major terrorist organization in the region is reporting. The man from Essen appears to have been killed only two months after entering into the war-torn country. A propaganda video posted online by the terror group Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU) this week indicates that another German extremist may have been killed while fighting against NATO troops in Afghanistan. An IMU spokesman says in the eight-minute-long video that "a brother from Essen" lost his life on March 20 during a firefight with US soldiers near Kunduz, the northern Afghanistan base where the German army is stationed. The man was identified as Abdullah -- no last name was given -- and went by the nom du guerre "Miqdaad."The jihadist allegedly arrived in the Afghanistan-Pakistan border area in November 2010 before completing training at a camp in January 2011. Afterwards, he is said to have traveled to northern Afghanistan; the IMU spokesman said it had been Abdullah's wish to attack German soldiers stationed in Kunduz. In a short recording made before his death, "Miqdaad" expressed his pleasure that he was being sent into battle against Germany's armed forces and NATO. In the second part of the video, the spokesman -- Yassin C. of Bonn, who goes by the name "Abu Ibraheem" -- called on Afghans living in Germany to join the battle against "the occupiers." Just on Thursday, a German soldier was killed by an explosive device targeting the Bundeswehr.It was not possible to immediately determine the authenticity of the video on Friday. However, the website where it was found, the manner in which it had been produced, the logos included on the video and the spokesperson shown in the video all seemed to point to its veracity.If the news of the death of the young Essen man is confirmed, he would be added to a list of at least a half-dozen jihadists from Germany who have been killed in Afghanistan and Pakistan. One died while staging a suicide attack, two others were killed by US drones and at least four have been killed in combat with Pakistani or American soldiers. Read the full story here.
- 'Anonymous' hacking group breaks into Iranian government servers and steals more than 10,000 email addresses.(DailyMail).Online activist group Anonymous has hacked into the Iranian government servers and stolen over 10,000 email addresses.A single hacker broke into the Iranian Passport and Visa email centre last week in what has been described as a 'big raid'.The attack brought down the country's Ministry of Foreign Affairs website, which was still inaccessible this afternoon.The email archive accessed mainly consists of approvals, rejections and correspondence for a variety of visa and passport applications, an Iranian member of Anonymous told TheNextWeb.com.The 'hactivist' organisation is now planning to target the upcoming anniversary of Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's June 2005 election with a DDoS attack, when a large number of hackers assault a single target.The Anonymous member said: 'It’s near the election’s anniversary. We had to do something.'For the election’s anniversary, we have a complete DDoS attack day.'Anonymous quietly posted a file containing the email addresses online on May 30.However, the file was encrypted and its contents remained unknown until last night.The attack is the latest in a series of high-profile attacks involving the organisation.Sony last month blamed Anonymous for indirectly allowing a hacker to gain access to personal data of more than 100million gamers.Anonymous denied the accusations made by the Japanese electronics firm.But it had declared war on Sony after it claimed the Sony vs George Hotz lawsuit was an attack on free speech and that Sony was abusing customer's rights through its relentless legal assault on the PlayStation 3 jailbreaker.At the time, Hotz had faced a lawsuit from Sony under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act for publishing methods that break the digital protections on the PS3 to allow the use of unauthorised programmes.Anonymous hogged the limelight last year for attacking websites of companies that had refused to offer services to the whistle-blowing website WikiLeaks.The group attacked Amazon and eBay, among others, as a part of its efforts to support WikiLeaks.Hmmmm.....I wonder if they hacked 'the hidden imam' his adress also?Read the full story here.
- Like Isaiah in the Old Testament,Blago Just Wanted To “Get The Rich To Help The Poor”.(JudicialWatch).Chicago—Like Isaiah in the Old Testament, Rod Blagojevich wanted to “get the rich to help the poor” when he offered to send Barack Obama’s close friend (Valerie Jarrett) to the U.S. Senate in exchange for a nonprofit set up by wealthy Democratic donors close to the president.The multi million-dollar charity would promote healthcare for children and “working families” and, of course, Blagojevich and his pals would run it. Instead he got criminally charged with a mountain of felonies, including trying to sell the Illinois senate seat vacated when Obama won the 2008 presidential election. On his fifth day testifying in his corruption retrial, Blagojevich continued blaming his trusted advisers for encouraging him to “leverage” his power as governor to appoint a new senator and insisting that he get “something of substance” from the president-elect in return for appointing Jarrett, who ended up going to the White House as a top aide. Blagojevich testified that he never promised or connected any deals to the senate appointment. In fact, he testified that he was only “venting” when he blasted Obama on a secret FBI recording because he offered only to be “grateful and appreciative” in exchange for Jarrett’s appointment. “F_ _ _ them,” Blagojevich is heard saying on the wire tap. That’s when he devised a plan to get Obama’s chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, to help set up the healthcare nonprofit by hitting up wealthy Democratic donors like leftwing activist George Soros and investor Warren Buffett for money. To put it all in perspective for the jury, Blagojevich interjected the Isaiah Old Testament analogy. After the lunch break Blagojevich addressed recorded conversations previously played by the prosecution in which he discusses getting “tangible” and “concrete” support “up front” from Jesse Jackson Jr. before considering giving him the senate appointment. Jackson Jr. represents Chicago’s south side in the U.S. House and prosecutors have presented evidence that one of his top donors offered Blagojevich $1.5 million to appoint him senator.Read the full story here.
- Opec hints it could raise oil supplies for first time in four years.(Telegraph).Members of Opec, the oil cartel, are seriously considering raising supply for the first time since 2007 in order to dampen prices that are currently above $100 per barrel.Ahead of a key meeting next week, an Opec official said the world could do with an extra 1m barrels of oil per day to reduce volatility in the market.The 12-member group of oil-producing countries had not been expected to raise output, despite the fact that London prices went above $125 per barrel during tensions in the Middle East.However, a number of officials appear to be increasingly open to a rise in output.Ali Al-Naimi, the Saudi oil minister, said on Thursday that the cartel was prepared to act if necessary. "We have to wait and see the data. If there is a need for an increase, we would decide accordingly," he said.His comments came as oil prices unexpectedly fell below $100 per barrel in the US, as supplies continue to build up and demand has begun to fall.Paul Spedding, an analyst from HSBC, also estimated that speculation had added $30 per barrel to the oil price from October to May.Read the full story here.
With thousands of Palestinians planning to flood Israel roam Lebanon on 5 June, Andrea Tenenti UNIFIL Deputy Spokesperson told IMRA 1 June 2011 that UNIFIL will only monitor events on Lebanese border with Israel at the request of the Lebanese army. Israel cannot request their presence. Israel cannot request UNIFIL to monitor.
- Syria Live Blog - June 03. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Libya Live Blog - June 03. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Yemen Live Blog - June 03 . Here. (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan today 6.2 - India 5.9 ! Lots of activity in Turkey.More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 128.On 02.06.2011 at 20:47 GMT+2
The level of radioactive water has fallen significantly in the No. 1 reactor building at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant, Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Thursday. The water level, which had risen 376 millimeters in the 24 hours from 7 a.m. on Monday, fell one millimeter in the following 24 hours, and plunged 79 millimeters from 7 a.m. Wednesday to 7 a.m. on Thursday. The underground water level around the No. 1 reactor facility is higher than the water level in the reactor building. TEPCO is checking whether the water is leaking from the No. 1 reactor building into the turbine building of the No. 2 reactor. The utility said the water temperature in the temporary storage pool for spent nuclear fuel rods in the No. 2 reactor had declined from 70 C at 11 a.m. on Tuesday to 42 C Thursday morning. As a cooling system for water outside the reactor building has been working since Tuesday, the water temperature has declined. Regarding the No. 3 reactor, TEPCO said it would transfer contaminated water accumulated in the turbine building to a condenser. However, as the condenser is already used to store contaminated water, TEPCO will transfer 2,000 tons of contaminated water to a condensate storage tank first to provide space.Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- Europe - Latest official Situation Update on E-Coli epidemic No. 31 - On 03.06.2011 at 05:02 GMT+2
'It's completely new to us, we've never experienced anything like it,' says Michaela Kiemes, ward manager at Kiel University Clinic. The 44-year-old and her colleagues have been caring for a flood of patients over the past two weeks who have been infected with the enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli (EHEC) bacteria, and are experiencing its alarming symptoms first hand. The cause of the outbreak - which has spread across Europe but is centred in northern Germany - remains unclear, and little research has been done on its treatment. Doctors and nurses, patients and their relations have all been pushed to their limits. 'We're sleeping badly, and have bad dreams,' Kiemes says quietly. 'We can't get the images of suffering patients out of our heads.' The neurological breakdowns of patients are particularly concerning. 'When their condition gets worse, then it's dramatic.'
The clinic is currently treating around 180 patients suffering from EHEC, of whom 95 have life-threatening haemolytic-uraemic syndrome (HUS), a form of kidney failure caused by E coli. Around every other HUS patient suffers serious neurological complications. The patients become disoriented, have difficulty expressing themselves, suffer convulsions. Some become apathetic, others make strange noises. Some get such strong cramp attacks they have to be restrained. Since the first EHEC patients arrived in the hospital, the wards treating them have been on a 'complete emergency footing,' Kiemes says. Doctors and co-workers have worked through weekends and days off, delaying their holidays in order to help out. In daily meetings they examine the situation from all angles. The patients 'spend all their time thinking,' says Keimes. 'They're mentally exhausted because they don't know what EHEC is, where it's come from and what happens next.'
What's worst is when patients realize that particularly severe cases have been taken to intensive care. 'Then they wonder whether they'll come back and are afraid of what will happen to them.' The situation is also a nightmare for relatives. Like the doctors and nurses, they have to disinfect themselves thoroughly before entering the wards, as well as donning green overalls, gloves and masks to cover their mouths. The protective clothing then has to be left behind after each visit. In the corridor outside they have to change immediately into new overalls, in order to minimize the chances of spreading the infection. 'Is she worse?' asks one mother, sounding frightened and shocked, when she discovers that her daughter is not in her usual room. The 40-year-old has been moved to intensive care. Her partner is carrying two plastic bags filled with her belongings out of the room. 'The uncertainty is horrible,' the mother and partner say.
They are despondent because they do not know where their loved one caught the infection - or whether she will get better. Doctors are battling in the dark, surprised by the length of the illness and its unpredictable developments. Gastroenterologist Stefan Schreiber bemoans the fact that, despite intensive questioning about eating habits, there has as yet been no eureka moment, when doctors discover which food links the cases. 'It will only be over when we find the source of the infection and we don't have any infections for two, three weeks,' he says. 'It really annoys me that we still haven't found the cause.' Schreiber believes that the blame lies with cheap, mass-produced and easily contaminated food. 'That will always create weak points.' Source.
- Boehner Gives Obama Two Weeks On Libya: Either Abide By War Powers Act Or Disengage US Forces.(ABC).In the immortal words of the vice president, this could be a big $%^ing deal: House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, is throwing what one Republican calls “a legal and political hot potato at the President.”In a resolution to be voted on in the House tomorrow, Boehner is giving the president two weeks – until the Pentagon Appropriations bill comes up – to either:
a) Ask for authorization for the military intervention in Libya, or
b) Figure out how to disengage the US from the NATO operation in Libya.
The resolution states: “The President has not sought, and Congress has not provided, authorization for the introduction or continued involvement of the United States Armed Forces in Libya. Congress has the constitutional prerogative to withhold funding for any unauthorized use of the United States Armed Forces, including for unauthorized activities regarding Libya.”
Boehner is explicitly and formally stating that the president did not check the box on the War Powers Act before sending the US military to intervene in Libya.Hmmmmm......Dictatorship versus Congress.Read the full story here.
- US offers Turkey lead role in Mideast talks in flotilla bargaining, report says.(TodaysZaman).The US administration is mulling offering the Turkish government a deal under which Turkey would host peace talks between Israelis and Palestinians in exchange for a recovery in Turkish-Israeli ties and the prevention of a second flotilla that is expected to depart for Gaza from sailing later this month, a news report said on Friday.Organizers say the flotilla, including ships from Turkey and several European countries, is to depart at the end of June. A similar mission last year turned bloody, with Israeli commandos killing eight Turkish and one Turkish American activist in a raid on one of the ships on May 31. Turkey has scaled down its relations with Israel since then, recalling its ambassador and severing political dialogue. Ankara now says Israel should apologize for the killings and offer compensation for victims in order for ties to normalize. Israel rejects this, saying the commandos acted in self-defense.Citing unnamed sources, the Turkish Hürriyet daily said on Friday that the US was about to officially ask Turkey to host Israeli-Palestinian peace talks in return for stopping the second flotilla and ending the crisis in its ties with Israel. Under the US proposal, Turkey will host peace talks between Israeli and Palestinian leaders, similar to the major peace talks that took place in the past, such as a 1991 conference in Madrid and secret talks in Oslo in 1993.US officials are currently testing the waters to see how Ankara would react to such an offer, the daily said. But an American official said the Turkish side seems unwilling to accept the proposal as Ankara insists that there will be no progress in Turkish-Israeli ties without Israel apologizing for the May 31, 2010 incident.Israeli officials said they were not aware of any such proposal, according to the report.The new flotilla is set to create further tensions among Turkey, the United States and Israel. Israel has said it would resort to the use of force if necessary to stop the flotilla. Turkey has rejected calls to stop the flotilla, saying it is a civilian initiative and that the government has no say in it. Turkey also warned Israel not to “repeat the same mistake” it made last year.The United States is on the Israeli side and has said it has expressed its concerns to the Turkish government.(Yeah whatevah)“We have made clear through the past year that groups and individuals who seek to break Israel's maritime blockade of Gaza are taking irresponsible and provocative actions that entail a risk to their safety,” Mark Toner, the deputy spokesman of the US State Department, said at a press conference on June 1.“We've raised our concerns with the Turkish government as well, and we've also met … with some of these NGOs. … We want to just reiterate that there are established and efficient mechanisms for getting humanitarian assistance through to Gaza, and that's been our message consistently,” Toner also said.Hmmmm.......Permit me to doubt this greatly, and why then send a US boat to take part in the Flotilla,named "The audacity of Hope"?A very meager smokescreen.Read the full story here.
- Ya'alon: Military strike may be needed to stop Iran nukes.(JPost).Strategic Affairs Minister Moshe Ya'alon called on the world to prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons, by all means necessary, including a military strike, the Associated Press reported on Monday. Ya'alon made the comments in an interview to Russian news agency Interfax ahead of a visit to Moscow."We strongly hope that the entire civilized world will come to realize what threat this regime is posing and take joint action to avert the nuclear threat posed by Iran, even if it would be necessary to conduct a pre-emptive strike," Yaalon said.Ya'alon emphasized that not only Israel would be endangered by a nuclear-armed Iran. "An Iran possessing nuclear weapons would be a threat to the entire civilized world," he stated.Western analysts say increasingly tough sanctions on Iran as well as the Stuxnet virus and possible other sabotage have delayed Iran's nuclear progress, even though they say the country now has enough low-enriched uranium for two bombs if refined more.Enriched uranium can be used to fuel power plants, Iran's stated aim, or provide bomb material if processed much further.Mark Fitzpatrick, a senior fellow for non-proliferation at the International Institute for Strategic Studies think tank, said last week that "the totality of the evidence indicates beyond reasonable doubt" that Iran was seeking a capability to make such weapons.If Iran decided to "weaponize" enrichment, it would need about 16 months to yield the first bomb's worth of highly enriched uranium at its Natanz enrichment facility, if all centrifuge machines were used for this purpose, he said.At least six months would then be required to fashion the highly-refined uranium into a weapon, Fitzpatrick added. Developing a missile to deliver it would add to the timeline, the former senior US State Department official said.An IAEA report last week said it had received new information about possible illicit military dimensions to Iran's nuclear activities"The latest IAEA report includes evidence that what originally were thought to be just paper studies also include actual experiments, including on triggers for a nuclear weapon," Fitzpatrick said.Hmmmm......They can't expect aid from Obama , so the best defence is the attack,God willing Saudi Arabia might help.Read the full story here.
- 'This product is for use on armed Muslim terrorists only.Did a pork-coated bullet kill Bin Laden? Yes, says firm who claim its pig fat gun oil is bought by U.S. military personnel.(DailyMail).Was Osama bin Laden shot with a bullet soaked in pork fat, denying him a place in paradise?Yes, if one rather shady website, that peddles gun oil containing liquefied pig fat, is to be believed.The makers of Silver Bullet Gun Oil claim it contains 13 per cent USDA liquefied pig fat thus making the product 'a highly effective counter-Islamic terrorist force multiplier.'The apparent owner of the gun oil site, who goes by the name 'The Midnight Rider,' explains how the pig fat will transfer onto anything the bullet strikes.This 'effectively denies entry to Allah's paradise to an Islamo-fascist terrorist,' Rider adds.The oil, which costs $8.95 for 4oz, apparently puts the 'fear of death into them (terrorists)'.In Islam consumption of pork is forbidden, but the Quran also states that if one is forced to consume the meat then they are guiltless and therefore not disqualified from paradise. The website also notes its customers include members of the U.S. military.'Thousands of bottles of Silver Bullet Gun Oil have been distributed since July of 2004 by its creator to members of ALL U.S. Military branches,' it claims.A promotional YouTube video for the oil shows a picture of Bin Laden and the claim: 'Killed with a weapon using Silver Bullet Gun Oil'.'Midnite Rider' also known as 'Warrior of YAHWEH,' claims to be a former Marine scout sniper on the site.Pictures of the 'production line' show a masked men wearing regulation Marine camouflage uniform, that is officially off-limits for civilians. A disclaimer on the website also reads: 'This product is for use on armed Muslim terrorists only. 'We do not promote discrimination against any race or religion, only terrorists.'A spokesman for the U.S. Army's weapons-procurement command told the Southern Pverty Law Center's Hatewatch - a not-for-profit that monitors the evolving problem of online bigotry - that he was unfamiliar with Silver Bullet, 'though he conceded that a soldier or marine could theoretically purchase the oil on his or her own and use it on the battlefield.'Hmmmmm.....Reminds me of The British Army in India used a combination of lard (pig fat) and tallow (cow fat) to grease the cartridges,resulting in offending both the Muslims and the Hindus.Read the full story here.
- Report: Lebanese 'Naksa Day' march postponed.(Ynet). Lebanon's al-Akhbar newspaper, Palestinians sources claim planed march on Israel's border canceled due to US pressure.Lebanon's al-Akhbar newspaper reported Friday that the committee organizing the "Naksa Day" march on Israel's border has decided to postpone it following pressure by Washington on Beirut. One of the newspaper's sources said the similar marches planned in Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Gaza and the West Bank, may also be cancelled.According to the report the final decision to delay the "Naksa Day" events was made Thursday night. An Islamic Jihad Movement official in Lebanon conveyed similar messages, announcing that "after the Palestinian forces learned about the current situation in Lebanon we're leaning towards cancelling the marches planned for Sunday along the borderline with Palestine.""The organizers are expected to make an official announcement in the next few hours, clarifying the reasons for the cancelation and deciding upon alternative steps they might take to ensure the marches and parades take place in all of the Palestinian refugee camps in Lebanon," said the Islamic Jihad official. The al-Akhbar report claimed the main reason behind the delay is due to pressure on Beirut put on by the US embassy via Assistant Secretary of State Jeffrey Feltman. Meanwhile, UNIFIL forces talked with the Lebanese army in an attempt to prevent this provocative initiative. According to the report, the committee organizing the "Naksa Day" march stressed they have no intention to create a crisis within the borders of Lebanon. They have made it clear that holding the march is a "sacred value" but that the timing is given to change. "If we won't be able to head towards the border on Jun 5, then we'll try to do it on any other date," said a Palestinian official in Lebanon. Another official addressed the decision to postpone the march, saying: "It will leave the Israeli enemy in a state of suspense and anxiety." Meanwhile, the Lebanese al-Safir newspaper quoted Palestinian sources claiming preparations for the marches in Syria are still on. The sources promised the Sunday march from Damascus will be a lot bigger than the one on "Nakba Day." Read the full story here.
- John Bolton how to Block the Palestine Statehood Ploy.(WSJ).Congress can take a cue from Jim Baker in 1989 and threaten to cut U.S. money for the U.N.Now that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his recent sparring partner Barack Obama are back in their corners, the next Arab-Israeli political flash point could be this fall at the U.N. General Assembly. The Palestinian Authority is lobbying Assembly members to legitimize its claim to international status as a “state.”Recognizing “statehood” does not mean U.N. membership, but it would nonetheless be a major Palestinian success. A resolution recognizing a Palestinian “state” could also declare its boundary to be the 1967 borders (in actuality, merely the 1949 armistice lines), with or without President Obama’s caveat about “agreed upon swaps” of land.The obvious Palestinian objective is to remove the issues of statehood and boundaries from the realm of bilateral negotiations with Israel, making them fait accompli. Last fall, the Palestinians focused on obtaining a Security Council resolution for this purpose. They believed, for whatever reason, that Mr. Obama would not order an American veto, as his predecessors would have done without hesitation. Many thought the administration might even vote “yes” rather than abstain.When it became clear that U.S. opposition in the Security Council was likely, on statehood or on U.N. membership, Palestinian attention shifted to the General Assembly, where there is no veto. General Assembly resolutions are not legally binding, and that body has no authority to recognize states, although its actions can be politically powerful, as the 1975 “Zionism is racism” resolution demonstrated.This is déjà vu all over again. In late 1988, Palestinians issued a “declaration of statehood,” changing their U.N. observer delegation’s name from “Palestine Liberation Organization” to “Palestine” to sound more like a state, which scores of countries recognized. The Palestinians then campaigned to join U.N. bodies like the World Health Organization, reasoning that since U.N. agency charters allow only states as members, the admission of “Palestine” would prove that it, too, was a state.Ridiculous in the real world but not in the U.N., the PLO effort gained overwhelming support there. George H.W. Bush’s new administration and Israel protested that “Palestine” manifestly did not meet customary international law definitions of statehood, such as having a clearly defined territory and exercising a government’s legitimate domestic and international responsibilities. Third World countries rallied almost unanimously to the PLO, and Europe’s response was weak. European diplomats believed Washington’s opposition was merely pro forma due to the “Jewish lobby.”Faced with the near certainty of defeat, Secretary of State James Baker warned publicly: “I will recommend to the President that the United States make no further contributions, voluntary or assessed, to any international organization which makes any changes in the PLO’s status as an observer organization.”No politician of Mr. Baker’s skill would publicize his proposals unless he knew that the president would accept them, and this reality was rapidly understood internationally. Although defeating the PLO campaign required further maneuvering, Mr. Baker’s statement was the death knell of the “statehood” push.The lesson for today is plain. If President Obama wants to block a General Assembly Palestinian statehood resolution, he should act essentially as Messrs. Bush and Baker did. Yet Mr. Obama is highly unlikely to do anything so decisive, which is why many in America and Israel remain gravely concerned about this latest Palestinian diplomatic ploy.Accordingly, we should turn to Congress, which has a rich history of dealing with U.N. actions it doesn’t appreciate. Rather than wait for a Baker-like threat, Congress should legislate broadly that any U.N. action that purports to acknowledge or authorize Palestinian statehood will result in a cutoff of all U.S. contributions to the offending agency. If the General Assembly ignored this warning, all funds would be cut off to the bloated Secretariat in New York, but not to separate agencies like the World Health Organization, the International Atomic Energy Agency, and others with their own governing bodies and funding mechanisms.The logic is the same today as it was in 1989. Moreover, our current federal budget deficits provide another attractive reason to reduce U.N. contributions. If political realities make it impossible to cut off funding completely, perhaps a partial reduction, say 50%, might be a suitable compromise.Although the General Assembly will not convene again until September, there is no time to waste. Fatah’s coalition with Hamas already provides statutory grounds (since the U.S. lists Hamas as a terrorist organization) to eliminate funding for the Palestinian Authority. Reducing U.S. funding to the U.N. is the next available, highly visible, target of opportunity. It presents the U.N. membership with a fascinating question: Would they rather recognize Palestinian statehood, or keep America’s money?Read the full story here.
- Trumka: “Being called a socialist is a step up for me.”(BigGovernment).Good news! We’re all one step closer to being able to call socialism by its name! According to a Bloomberg report, AFL-CIO chief Richard Trumka “said he’d like to see the U.S. become more like a European nation that provides pensions and health care for all its citizens. He said he is accustomed to criticism and doesn’t mind if conservatives call that socialism.”Trumka added that “Being called a socialist is a step up for me.”*Glad we’ve cleared that up!It was so confusing to figure out another name for a union movement that has been pushing socialized medicine, cradle-to-grave entitlements, government monopoly of the school system, European-style regulation, higher taxes on working Americans to fund high government-employee salaries, auto bailouts to save union (and union boss) jobs, killing secret ballots in favor of card check, eroding private property rights, and more.* This is a true statement when one recalls that Trumka blamed a victim for his own death at the hands of militant union strikers.Hmmmm.....Only make it a national movement to have "National socialisme".Read the full story here.
- If he really wanted to destroy America, would he do anything different?Obama’s War on Coal Takes a New Turn.(BigGovernment).Cap-and-trade legislation may have failed in Congress in 2010, but that doesn’t mean that this is the last we will hear from this economically-harmful policy.The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) through the Clean Air Act has been busily proposing and finalizing nearly 200 major policy rules aimed at curbing carbon and other particulate emissions. This despite the fact that the Clean Air Act was never intended for this purpose and widespread opposition exists among the business community, citizens and states.One particular regulation that is generating deep concern among the business community is the Utility Maximum Achievable Control Technology rule or better know as the MACT rule. This rule would require coal-fired plants to reduce emissions of particular toxic air pollutants.The big problem with this is MACT would require coal-fired power plants to install very costly equipment to comply with the regulation. In some cases, these companies simply can’t afford to buy the equipment and for others the needed equipment isn’t commercially available.If this rule is implemented, it would force the shut down of many coal-fired power plants. For states like Ohio, who rely on coal power for 90 percent of their energy, this is a major problem. According to some estimates, enough coal-fired power plants would close to equal about 30-70 gigawatts of electricity generated nationwide. A single gigawatt of energy can power about 750,000 homes.In a time where national unemployment hovers around 9 percent, these regulations threaten to lead to more job losses and do some serious damage to the economy. The American Legislative Exchange Council estimated that the EPA regulation will eliminate 2.5 million jobs, depress investment by $300 billion by 2014 and reduce GDP by up to $500 billion.Many states and local communities are already voicing strong concern about the EPA’s regulations. States like Michigan and Utah have claimed that the EPA has overstepped their regulatory jurisdiction and urged the U.S. Congress to intervene and provide much needed oversight over the agency.More citizens, communities and states need to join in the call for Congress to intervene if the EPA is to be reined before it does the anticipated damage to our economy, which recent speculation has suggested could be headed for more trouble.Hmmmmm......And the replacement technology for this loss of energy is........Thin air?Read the full story here.
- "The Evil Djini made me do it" defence,Sheikh: Terror suspect possessed by devil.(Ynet).A sheikh familiar with an Arab truck driver who went on a recent rampage in Tel Aviv says the man, Issa Ibrahim Islam, was "possessed by the devil" at the time of the incident. The sheikh claims he treated Islam, who he said was in a difficult mental state before the incident took place. The truck driver prayed at his mosque frequently, the sheikh said. On the recent "Nakba Day," Islam went on a rampage with his truck in southern Tel Aviv, killing one person and wounding 17. The sheikh, who was interrogated by police Wednesday, said that Islam was "possessed by the devil," which prompted him to press the gas pedal of his heavy truck. Islam has been under arrest since the incident and continues to insist that the rampage was not a deliberate or terror-related act.The sheikh said he treated Islam using alternative methods in the days before the incident. The treatment included rubbing oil on the suspect's stomach while reciting Koran verses. The sheikh was summoned for an interrogation after Islam's relatives, including his brother, claimed that the terror suspect was in a difficult mental state, which prompted him to go on the rampage. Islam's attorney, Mufid Badir, told Ynet: "I asked the police before…to look into his mental history, in light of the medical and alternative treatments he underwent…I don't understand how they gave him a license to drive a heavy truck given his mental state." Hmmmmm.....Perhaps condem the Djini and the 'host vessel' to life without parole?Read the full story here.
- “The Audacity of Hope.” I demand Obama tell them to change the name of the boat.(AstuteBloggers).Americans Are Joining Flotilla to Protest Israeli Blockade. When an international flotilla sails for Gaza this month to challenge Israel’s naval blockade of the Palestinian territory, among the boats will be an American ship with 34 passengers, including the writer Alice Walker and an 86-year-old whose parents died in the Holocaust. ... The Americans have named their boat “The Audacity of Hope,” lifting the title of a book by President Obama to make a point, said Leslie Cagan, a political organizer who is the coordinator of the American boat. Hmmmm.....If the US is 'telling' Turkey to persuade their subjects not to participate in this flotilla why not do the same with your own people?Read the full story here.
- Indiana Says It Will Defy Obama Admin Order to Continue Funding Planned Parenthood.(NationalJournal). Indiana officials said Thursday they will defy a federal order to continue funding Planned Parenthood and other clinics that offer abortion services.Republican Gov. Mitch Daniels signed a law in May that would cut off federal funding from Indiana clinics that perform abortions. The law is primarily aimed at the state’s Planned Parenthood clinics, which get federal family planning grants to administer services unrelated to abortion.Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Administrator Donald Berwick said on Wednesday the federal government could not endorse the law because it restricts access to a range of important family planning services. Federal money cannot be spent directly on abortion services anyway, but most clinics that offer abortion also offer other family planning and health services, from breast cancer screening to birth control advice.Indiana says it will implement the amendment despite Berwick’s warning.“The way the law was written, it went into effect the moment the governor signed it,” Marcus Barlow, a spokesman for Indiana’s Family and Social Services Administration, said in a telephone interview.“We were just advised by our lawyers that we should continue to enforce Indiana law.”Hmmmm......Dictatorship or democracy?Read the full story here.
- "The missiles did not explode".Two dead, 52 injured as Russian arms depot continues to explode.(Rainovosti).Two people have died and at least 52 have been injured in ongoing explosions at an artillery arsenal in Russia's Volga region Republic of Udmurtia, a spokesman for the Emergencies Ministry said."As of now, 52 people turned for medical assistance, 25 were hospitalized with two of them already discharged," the spokesman said.The republic's health minister, Vladimir Muzlov, said earlier two elderly people died from heart attacks caused by stress from the explosions.The Defense Ministry has reported one person as missing in the incident, but did not say whether the individual was a civilian or a military serviceman.At around 11:10 p.m. Moscow time [19:10 GMT] on Thursday shells began to explode in an artillery depot near the village of Pugachevo in Udmurtia. The facility belongs to the Defense Ministry's missile and artillery directorate and is tasked mainly with munitions disposal.Currently, the intensity of explosions has dropped to a third of the initial level, but military officials are still unable to say when the series of explosions will stop, a Defense Ministry spokesman said.A group of seven aircraft from the Emergencies Ministry has arrived at the scene from Moscow to deal with the blaze and explosions, including two planes with special equipment, two firefighting planes and three helicopters.That is in addition to the previously deployed 200 personnel, 30 firefighting units and three firefighting trains. A fourth train is to arrive from the neighboring republic of Tatarstan soon.According to the Russian presidential press service, some 13,500 people were evacuated from the nearby residential areas, while the regional emergencies department says 28,000 people were evacuated.A senior Russian military official has confirmed that artillery rockets are stored at the arsenal, but added that there is no threat of them exploding."The missiles did not explode. They are kept in a concrete storage unit with 70-cm (27.6 inches) thick walls," Deputy Defense Minister Dmitry Bulgakov said.A police source said earlier that rockets for Grad multiple rocket launcher systems started to explode in underground storage facilities on Friday morning.Eyewitnesses said fragments of the detonated shells were spotted up to two kilometers (1.6 miles) from the blast site.Irina, a resident of the nearby town of Agryza, said the evacuation was well organized and began at around midnight with buses taking people away."These sounds [of explosions] woke us up and we did not understand anything... it was very scary. No one had time to grab their documents, money or valuables," Irina said adding that she, her son, a daughter-in-law and two grandchildren fled the town by car.The blast-hit facility stores from 5,000 to 10,000 railway carriages with various ammunition. It is believed 18 storage facilities are on fire.The accident forced the Emergencies Ministry to temporarily close the Yelabuga-Izhevsk zone of the M7 federal highway, connecting Moscow and Ufa, the capital of the Urals republic of Bashkortostan. The nearby railway link was also closed.The incident is the second major accident involving munitions explosions at a Russian army base in a week. Last Thursday, a military arsenal in the republic of Bashkortostan, which borders Udmurtia, was rocked by a series of explosions as artillery ammunition exploded, causing the evacuation of nearby residents and leaving 160 homeless. No-one died in that incident.Hmmmm......."The missiles did not explode. They are kept in a concrete storage unit with 70-cm (27.6 inches) thick walls,".Read the full story here.
- Moldovans Rally To Protest Formal Recognition Of Islam.(Rferl).CHISINAU -- Hundreds of Moldovans have taken to the streets in Chisinau to protest the government's recognition of the country's tiny Muslim minority, RFE/RL's Moldovan Service reports.Some participants in the rally warned that the decision would open the door to terrorism and lead to mass conversions to Islam."We want to guard our borders and to defend our Orthodox faith.... The Muslims are like a virus. If you let in just a few they will multiply," one female participant at the rally told RFE/RL, refusing to give her name.Another woman in the crowd outside the government building said Muslims would introduce polygamy and "harems" to Moldova. And a priest named Gheorghe was quoted by local media as saying at the rally that the Muslims "are all instructed in terrorism."The rally was organized by several Orthodox Christian associations under the umbrella of the powerful Moldovan Metropolitan Church, which has for weeks criticized the government's decision in March to register the Islamic League as a representative of the Muslim faith.Also today, the Moldovan Antidiscrimination Coalition NGO organized a much smaller counterprotest outside the headquarters of the Metropolitan Church, asking it to stop what it called "its endless campaigns of intolerance."Earlier this year, the Moldovan Orthodox Church and conservative politicians forced the pro-Western government to shelve a bill that would have banned discrimination against many minorities, including religious groups and gays.Officially there are just 2,000 Muslims living in Moldova. But the Islamic League says the number is closer to 17,000, though not all of them are registered as Muslims because previous governments considered Islam to be illegal. Read the full story here.
- Iranian Woman Calls for ‘Slut Women’ to be Stoned…on the Pages of Calif. Paper.(TheBlaze).Infidelity seems rampant in our culture and during these times. Just recently, Arnold Schwarzenegger is alleged to have had a love child with his housekeeper. So what’s the solution to this problem? Shamci Rafani of Visalia, CA has a proposal: stone the “sluts” responsible.In a letter to the editor that appeared in yesterday’s Visalia Times-Delta, Rafani — herself the victim of infidelity — angrily calls for the death of woman who knowingly engage in an affair. And she didn’t hold back: But the woman who had been aware of her wrongdoing, and yet had done it without any shame or fear, must be punished severely.Yes, in many countries, the public will stone that woman to death.Believe me, that might be the right answer to the behavior of these kind of loose women, who want to blame it all on men.My main question is, how many more families have to be destroyed?These women not only must not be awarded, but they must pay for destroying the happiness and the future of their victims, especially this woman who lived with the family and had become a member of that family.These slut women do not know how to say no. To my judgment, these women who freely sleep with married men must be severely punished and put to death. If the lawmakers do something about it, you will find less stories like Arnold’s.Those are some strong words. And the absurdity of them raises more then a few questions. The man one: Is this a joke? Gawker went digging and found that, no, it’s not a joke. Rafani is a real woman, and bringing adultress women to justice has become her life goal: The Visalia Times-Delta didn’t respond to our inquiry. By phone, Shamci Rafani assured us that she is a real person, a 77-year-old immigrant from Iran. She says her husband left her thirty years ago for another woman, and since then she has been dedicated herself to speaking out against “sluts” in letters to the editor and a self-published book.I guess there‘s nothing like a woman’s scorn. And I guess adulterers in the U.S. should be glad that capital punishment — unlike in Iran and other countries in the Mideast– is reserved for the killers and traitors.Hmmmm....Aren't you glad Sharia isn't practiced in the US?Read the full story here.
- "The War on Christianity".Federal Judge Bans Religious Words From Texas Graduation Ceremony, Says One Student Would “Suffer Irreparable Harm”.(Fox-Todd Starnes).(Todd Starnes/FNR) – A federal judge has ordered a Texas school district to prohibit public prayer at a high school graduation ceremony. Chief U.S. District Judge Fred Biery’s order against the Medina Valley Independent School District also forbids students from using specific religious words including “prayer” and “amen.”The ruling was in response to a lawsuit filed by Christa and Danny Schultz. Their son is among those scheduled to participate in Saturday’s graduation ceremony. The judge declared that the Schultz family and their son would “suffer irreparable harm” if anyone prayed at the ceremony.Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott said the school district is in the process of appealing the ruling and his office has agreed to file a brief in their support.“Part of this goes to the very heart of the unraveling of moral values in this country,” Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott told Fox News Radio, saying the judge wanted to turn school administrators into “speech police.”“I’ve never seen such a restriction on speech issued by a court or the government,” Abbott told Fox News Radio. “It seems like a trampling of the First Amendment rather than protecting the First Amendment.”Hmmmmmm.....“Part of this goes to the very heart of the unraveling of moral values in this country,” AMEN.Read the full story here.
- Austrian Freedom Party Leader Greets Recall of Turkish Ambassador.(StopTurkey).Heinz-Christian Strache, the leader of the anti-immigration Austrian Freedom Party has welcomed the recall of Turkey's ambassador to Austria, Kadri Ecvet Tezcan, who is to be re-assigned to Israel later this month. He deplored the fact that it had taken so long, however, insisting that the ambassador should have been recalled immediately last November after he had "insulted the Austrian people in a scandalous way" and acted "like a colonial lord". Strache called on the new ambassador to immediately distance himself from his predecessor and to denounce his remarks.For an indication of how much anger the Turkish ambassador managed to provoke last year, take a look at the YouTube video above, which shows a debate in the Austrian parliament in which the MP Ewald Stadler fiercely denounces Kadri Ecvet Tezcan and Turkey, and highlights the persecution of Christians in Turkey.Hmmmmm.....Off course the Turkish ambassador is the perfect choice for Israel.Read the full story here.
Thursday, June 2, 2011
By Jennifer Rubin.You're going to be seeing a lot of this ad if you watch television in New York or Washington.
The ad is described by ECI as a “significant buy” on cable in New York and Washington. It will run on Fox News, CNBC, CNN and MSNBC. I imagine Democrats and their loyal bloggers who’ve been denying Obama’s speech(es) are problematic won’t be happy to have a reminder that the source of their woes is not Israel nor Republicans but the president.Source .
- Syria Live Blog - June 02. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Libya Live Blog - June 02. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Yemen Live Blog - June 02 . Here. (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan today 5.1 ! Lots of activity in Turkey.More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 127.Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- What Writing A Book Taught Me About Obama and Those Who Followed Him In 2008.(BigPeace).My novel Hummel’s Cross takes place in pre-war (and wartime) Nazi Germany. In the course of my research I became fascinated by how a nation of such highly sophisticated and astute people as the Germans—who gave us Bach, Beethoven, Luther, Goethe, Schweitzer, Handel, Nietzsche, Kant, Wagner, (and thrown in a few Austrians like Mozart. Strauss, and Haydn) etc. could be so easily led to their own destruction – taking much of the Western World with them – by a charismatic if empty man. I remember in the film Gladiator the observation is made that the Roman mob is fickle and easily led. Well, we have seen that in the case of this country in these times the mob is the intelligentsia in the media, academia, entertainment and some corners of high finance. In 2008, they looked to Barack Obama and like past societies feeling the need for guidance from on high projected upon him their own needs, desires and (let’s be honest here) obsession with exorcising the self-flagellating white guilt they continue to carry over a perceived national racism that is now more a topic of media round-tables than a fact in day-to-day American life.What gets me nervous is that they could project on him because this man Obama was and remains a mirage. An illusion. Someone whose greatness exists only in the minds of those who adore him for reasons they cannot even articulate.By referencing Hummel’s Cross am I somehow calling Obama Hitler? Absolutely not, although this message will be twisted into just that by those completely missing my point. It’s the lesson about mob influence I’m talking about here. What I am saying is in that my research of Germany in the 1930-40s I could not help but come to a dark revelation: That a nation’s collective intelligence and level of sophistication is by no means a stop-gap to demagogues of all political stripes when the times are right for ‘hope and change.’ In the America of 2008, the times were right.I know a lot of bright, successful people whose opinions on so many matters I deeply respect who were solidly, even passionately, in the Obama tank—yet I noticed that they could never quite explain to me why, beyond uttering vague touchy-feely slogans or stating the obvious that he ‘isn’t Bush.’ As an independent-minded voter who grew up in Chicago and thus am aware of just what kind of ruthless ambition it takes to ascend the political ladder there as did Obama, I needed more than a cool campaign “O” emblem and Dave Matthews’ endorsement to earn my vote. Yet I found nothing but a paper thin image as the talking points. This vacuum of reasoning left me scratching my head. And the more I did my own research on this smooth-talking Cook County machine politician (as I would eventually conclude he was) the more anxious for my country I became. I realized that, for all too many, Barack Obama’s appeal was emotional. Nothing more. An exercise in collective self-actualization that may have had its place in a 1930’s München brauhaus, a plaza in 1940’s Buenos Aires or 1960’s Havana, but certainly no place in what I thought was the most developed and wary of Republics.We are a nation that must be skeptical of leaders. It has been a part of the American character for over two centuries. The Constitution codifies this suspicion of those who seek power with checks and balances that reveal a deeper distrust in human nature…one that is justified if the history of our species is any guide. As an American, it fills me with dread when I see throngs of my countrymen searching for answers to life not from within themselves but from a mere politician about whose biography they know far less than their favorite sports hero’s.In a way, having little enthusiasm for the McCain ticket, I found myself in 2008 observing in fascination from the sidelines as the two campaigns developed. And although he had his faults, no one doubted who John McCain was, or whether he had had served his country with honor – or that Sarah Palin had actually been at the helm of a real state which is an organization of size and complexity. Obama, however, was a mystery…and in many ways still is. One who I saw protected by a praetorian guard in the mainstream media unable or unwilling to ask even the most fundamental questions about who he was or what made him tick. That frightened me to no end. It still does.In writing Hummel’s Cross I threw myself into the mindset of an intelligent if detached German watching almost like a spectator as his country slowly comes under the spell of a politician who says the right things at the right time and thus is given a pass on everything else. A man upon whom the hopes and dreams of a people are mass-projected to the point where they lose themselves. And if it taught me one thing, it is that a good people can follow the wrong leader to their own destruction—either through fiery cataclysm or, more insidious, slow economic and social decay too subtle for a populace to even realize what has befallen them until it is too late to turn back.In November, 2012 we will find out if this lesson has been duly learned by the rest of us.Hmmmm.......Sounds like my thoughts.Read the full story here.
- NGO Monitor to U.S. Government: Dont turn to HRW for Consultations.(IMRA).Watchdog group says HRW's activities are inconsistent with moral principles. JERUSALEM - In response to recent statements that reflect racial animus by senior officials at Human Rights Watch (HRW), Jerusalem-based NGO Monitor has sent letters to President Barack Obama, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and other U.S. officials calling on the U.S. government to reject further consultations with the organization until it implements reforms.
"Clearly, Human Rights Watch (HRW) has morphed into a political advocacy organization characterized by double standards and bias - this is now widely understood," says Professor Gerald Steinberg, president of NGO Monitor. "But the recent racially-charged Huffington Post article, which exploited the American Civil Rights movement to incite racial hatred in the Middle East, crosses new red lines even for HRW and falls far outside any definition of 'legitimate criticism.' Action must be taken because this type of language contributes to animosity and hate."Steinberg adds, "Our letter demonstrates that 'the inclusion of HRW in official United States government policymaking and consultation is entirely inconsistent with the moral principles of human rights.'"
The inflammatory op-ed, authored by HRW's Middle East and North Africa (MENA) division head Sarah Leah Whitson, falsely accused Israel of "racial discrimination." Whitson employed racial stereotyping in race baiting American Jews and Israelis. NGO Monitor noted that the words "segregate," "race/racist," "discrimination" and "equal/unequal" are repeated 23 times in this short piece, as Whitson sought to justify her support for discriminatory boycotts against Israel. (The BDS strategy was adopted in the antisemitic NGO Forum of the UN's 2001 Durban Conference, in which HRW also played a central role.)Whitson's article also stated: "In a week when the U.S. paused to recall the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, President Peres might have considered King's message -- an end to segregation -- and why such a system of racial inequality remains in place in the Occupied Palestinian Territories...""This oped and other HRW statements recall efforts to pit Jews vs. African Americans, making a complete mockery of Dr. King's legacy," Steinberg notes. "Similarly, HRW's unjustifiable framing of the Arab-Israeli conflict as motivated by 'Israeli racism' is a total distortion of the national and religious dimensions, and erases central peace and security issues from the agenda."Ms. Whitson's op-ed followed her 2009 fundraising trip to Saudi Arabia, in which she raised the specter of the pro-Israel lobby in order to solicit donations from Saudi elites, including members of the governing Shura Council. Whitson also embraced and helped market the Gaddafi regime, and in particular, Moammar Qaddafi's son Seif Islam. In May 2011, the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court requested an arrest warrant for Seif Islam on charges of crimes against humanity.In November 2010, Whitson praised "the Lebanese sophistication for human rights" and in May 2010, she visited with Hamas officials in Gaza to reassure them of HRW's "impartial" reporting and promised that HRW's next report would allege Israeli violations of international law. Such ideological bias is clearly inconsistent with the universality of human rights.Ken Roth, HRW's Executive Director, has similarly displayed racial hostility, such as the offensive religious slur during the 2006 Lebanon War where he referred to the Jewish Bible as the "morality of some more primitive moment."Other failures show HRW's lack of moral clarity - in 2009, Marc Garlasco, HRW's "senior military analyst" and author of many publications accusing Israel of war crimes, was exposed as an obsessive collector of Nazi memorabilia. And in January 2011, Shawan Jabarin, an alleged "senior activist" from the PFLP terror group (as pronounced by the Israeli High Court), was appointed to HRW's Mid-East advisory board."The U.S. government should look to other organizations for policy recommendations," says Steinberg. "Race baiting is the antithesis of human rights values.
NGO Monitor Letter to U.S Officials President Barack Obama The White House.
NGO Monitor: HRW's Whitson Race-baits Jewish Community; Exploits US Civil
JERUSALEM - The leaders of Human Rights Watch, and the Middle East and North
Africa (MENA) division, in particular, frequently employ highly offensive
and racially charged language regarding Israel, to accompany numerous false
"fact finding" claims, notes Jerusalem-based research institute NGO Monitor.
In an op-ed "A Matter of Civil Rights", (Huffington Post, 15 April) Sarah
Leah Whitson, director of MENA, manipulates and distorts the moral framework
of the US civil rights movement in order to incite racial hatred. Whitson
writes: "In a week when the U.S. paused to recall the assassination of Dr.
Martin Luther King, President Peres might have considered King's message --
an end to segregation -- and why such a system of racial inequality remains
in place in the Occupied Palestinian Territories..." The words "segregate,"
"race/racist," "discrimination" and "equal/unequal" are repeated 23 times in
this short piece, as Whitson seeks to justify her support for discriminatory
boycotts against Israel. (The BDS strategy was adopted in the infamous NGO
Forum of the UN's 2001 Durban Conference, in which HRW also played a central
role.) Whitson's article also employs racial stereotyping and
generalization in making crude references about American Jews.
"HRW has consistently exploited human rights principles to promote a
campaign of discrimination against Israel, and now, officials such as
Whitson are using race baiting against American Jews," noted Professor
Gerald Steinberg, president of NGO Monitor. "Abusing Dr. King's
assassination for this purpose is particularly offensive, erasing both the
Jewish community's leadership in the civil rights struggle and Dr. King's
support for Israel. In contrast, Whitson takes a racist position denying the
right of the Jewish people to sovereign equality. The appropriation of these
images and the comparison of the complex Arab-Israel conflict to the dark
history of American racial inequality marks a new low in HRW's history of
immorality in relation to Israel."
Such vulgar anti-Israel campaigning was recently condemned by a group of
African-American student leaders who called it "as transparent as it is
base." Similarly, Dr. King decried discriminatory attacks on Israel,
declaring, "When people criticize Zionism, they mean Jews."
HRW's campaign rests on manufactured allegations in order to falsely portray
the decades-long Arab-Israeli conflict as one allegedly motivated by Jewish
race-hatred of Arabs, erasing Palestinian violence and ignoring competing
national and territorial claims. Much of HRW's rhetoric simply repeats
crude propaganda developed by the PLO's Negotiation Affairs Department,
promoting the myth of "Israel's plan to segregate the Palestinian People
while continuing the colonization of Palestinian land."
Whitson's op-ed follows HRW's December 2010, unsourced "report" targeting
Israel, under the title of "Separate and Unequal", also abusing the legacy
of the US civil rights movement. Whitson, who has abused the term
"apartheid" to further the discriminatory assault on Jewish self
determination rights, equates Israeli policies to "Jim Crow laws of the
Whitson's campaigning includes a 2009 fundraising trip to Saudi Arabia, in
which she ignored the daily violations of the regime. Instead, she referred
to HRW's leading role in promoting the discredited Goldstone report "which
depleted HRW's budget for the region," and the canard of "pro-Israel
pressure groups." Whitson also embraced and helped market the Gaddafi
regime. Marc Garlasco, HRW's "senior military analyst" and author of many
publications accusing Israel of war crimes, was exposed as an obsessive
collector of Nazi memorabilia. And in January 2011, Shawan Jabarin, an
alleged "senior activist" from the PFLP terror group, was appointed to HRW's
Mid-East advisory board. In 2006, HRW Director Kenneth Roth displayed his
deep-seated religious prejudice, referring to Israeli policy as "an eye for
an eye" which he described as the product of a "more primitive moment."
Steinberg adds, "HRW and Whitson cynically use double standards and race
baiting against Jews to attack Israel, while ignoring the universal basis of
human rights norms. This abuse of moral standards to promote hatred has
grave consequences for the human rights movement that go far beyond the
anti-Israel racism in this agenda."
HRW's obsessive assault on Israel, and close cooperation with Arab and
Islamic dictators, was cited by HRW founder Robert Bernstein, who condemned
his NGO for turning "Israel into a pariah state." In a 2010 speech at the
University of Nebraska, Bernstein documented HRW's targeting of Israel as
one of the "principal offenders" of human rights. In a 2010 article in The
New Republic, Ben Birnbaum quotes Whitson's praise for Norman Finkelstein --
"making Israeli abuses the focus of one's life work is a thankless but
Whitson, who was hired by HRW after having worked as an anti-Israel activist
(as is the case of Joe Stork, the MENA deputy director), also makes security
and legal claims without any evidence or knowledge: "Israel's security
justifications fall far short of the strict and narrow limits on
differential treatment permitted under international law between people of
different ethnicities or national origins." For over a decade, HRW officials
have minimized Palestinian terror and rocket attacks that kill and injure
Israeli civilians, as well as numerous instances of incitement to genocide.
Whitson's op-ed is the latest in a continued effort to erase of the wider
context of legitimate self-defense against Palestinian attacks.
On this basis, NGO Monitor demands the resignation of Whitson, Stork and HRW
Executive Director Kenneth Roth. We also call on HRW funders, including the
Ford Foundation and the Open Society Institute (George Soros), to
reconsider the implications of their support for this immoral agenda."Read the full story here.
- Why Barack Obama may be heading for electoral disaster in 2012.(Telegraph).On a recent visit to London I was struck by how much faith many British politicians, journalists and political advisers have in Barack Obama being re-elected in 2012. In the aftermath of the hugely successful Special Forces operation that took out Osama Bin Laden and a modest spike in the polls for the president, the conventional wisdom among political elites in Britain is overwhelmingly that Obama will win another four years in the Oval Office. Add to this a widespread perception of continuing disarray in the Republican race, as well as a State Visit to London that had the chattering classes worshipping at the feet of the US president, and you can easily see why Obama’s prospects look a lot rosier from across the Atlantic.But back in the United States, the reality looks a lot different. Many political leaders in Britain fail to understand the degree to which the American people are deeply unhappy with their president’s poor handling of the economy. Nor have they grasped the epic scale of the defeat suffered by the president in the November mid-terms, and the emphatic rejection by a clear majority of Americans of the Big Government Obama agenda.Just seven months ago, the United States was swept by a conservative revolution that fundamentally transformed the political landscape on Capitol Hill, and gravely weakened the ability of the president to pass legislation. This revolution is not in retreat but gaining ground, led by charismatic figures such as Paul Ryan, the Reaganite chairman of the House Budget Committee, entrusted with reining in out of control government spending. And as a Gallup poll showed, America is unquestionably a conservative country ideologically, but one that is ironically led by the most left-wing president in the nation’s history.Ultimately, the 2012 presidential election will be decided by the state of the economy, and new data released this week makes grim reading for the White House. In fact you cannot watch a US financial news network at the moment, from Bloomberg to CNBC to Fox Business, without a great deal of pessimism about the dire condition of the world’s biggest economy. 66 percent of Americans now worry the federal government will run out of money in the face of towering public debts.Unsurprisingly, the polls are again looking problematic for the president. The latest Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll shows just 25 percent of Americans strongly approving of Obama’s performance, with 36 percent strongly disapproving, for a Presidential Approval Index rating of minus 11 points. In a projected match up between Obama and a Republican opponent, the president now trails by two points according to Rasmussen – 43 to 45. The RealClear Politics poll of polls shows just over a third of Americans (34.5 percent) agreeing that the country is heading in the right direction, with nearly three fifths (56.8 percent) believing it is heading down the wrong track. That negative figure rises to a staggering 66 percent of likely voters in a new Rasmussen survey, including 41 percent of Democrats. Even though we don’t know yet who he will be up against, Barack Obama could well go into 2012 as the underdog rather than the favourite he is frequently portrayed as. On balance we’re likely to see a very close race 17 months from now. But there is also the distinct possibility of an electoral rout of the president if the economy goes further south. “Hope and change” might have played well in 2008, but it is a message that will likely ring hollow in November 2012, with an American public that is deeply disillusioned with the direction Obama is taking the country.Hmmmmm......Into the valley of Death Rode the six hundred.......Their's not to make reply,Their's not to reason why,Their's but to do and die.Read the full story here.
- After Obama Declares Gay Pride Month, White House Launches Site Touting LGBT Efforts.(OntopMag).The White House on Wednesday launched a new website trumpeting its LGBT achievements.A quote from President Barack Obama welcomes visitors: “We've got a lot of hard work that we still have to do, but we can already point to extraordinary progress that we've made … on behalf of Americans who are gay and lesbian, bisexual and transgender.”The site, titled Winning the Future: President Obama And The LGBT Community, is a subdomain located off the White House's official website and features a fact sheet of the administration's accomplishments on gay rights, a page to sign-up for a newsletter, and the White House's video for the It Gets Better Project.Many of the administrations accomplishments listed on the website were also mentioned in the declaration Obama signed on Tuesday declaring June Gay Pride month.Those achievements include repeal of “Don't Ask, Don't Tell,” the 1993 law that bars gay and bisexual troops from serving openly, efforts to wipe out discrimination in federal housing programs, and passage of a gay-inclusive hate crimes law.Briefly mentioned are relationship recognition, including the administration decision to stop defending in court the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), which bars federal agencies from recognizing the marriages of gay and lesbian couples.It states "President Obama has called for the Congressional repeal of the discriminatory “Defense of Marriage Act” and has announced that in his view, Section 3 of DOMA is unconstitutional". Strange i remember it being formulated this way"“The president and I have concluded that classifications based on sexual orientation” should be subjected to a strict legal test intended to block unfair discrimination, Mr. Holder wrote."Hmmmm....No mention of asking congress?Read the full story here.
- FCC Colluded with Leftist Organization Free Press to Push Government Regulation of Internet, Documents Show.(JudicialWatch).Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, announced today that it has uncovered documents from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) that indicate officials at the FCC colluded with the leftist Free Press organization to publicly push a new plan to regulate the Internet under the FCC’s so-called “net neutrality” program. Judicial Watch obtained the documents pursuant to a December 27, 2010, Freedom of Information Act request. In December 2010, the FCC voted 3-2 to advance its “net neutrality program.” This decision seems to fly in the face of an April, 2010 federal appeals court ruling that the FCC had exceeded its authority in seeking to regulate the Internet and enforce “net neutrality” rules. The supporters of “net neutrality,” including Free Press, argue that high-speed Internet access is a “civil right,” and are recommending new government regulations to provide taxpayer-funded broadband Internet access to all populations, especially those deemed “underserved.” Opponents of “net neutrality” argue the program is designed to impose greater government control over the Internet and will result in less access, not more. Moreover, opponents of “net neutrality,” also dispute the claim that Internet access is a basic civil right protected by the U.S. Constitution. Judicial Watch uncovered internal correspondence showing unusual coordination by some officials at the FCC and Free Press in pushing the “net neutrality” agenda in the run up to the controversial FCC vote in December.Gandy, the Chairman of the Free Press Board of Directors, served as the President of the National Organization for Women from 2001-2009. Craig Aaron, Free Press’s President and CEO, formerly worked as managing editor of the socialist tabloid In These Times. Free Press is financially supported by George Soros’s Open Society Institute and other hard-left groups such as the Ford Foundation and Democracy Alliance. “Net neutrality is just another Obama power grab. This is nothing less than the Obama administration’s attempt to stage a government takeover of the Internet under the guise of ‘net neutrality.’ So it should come as no surprise that Free Press, the hard left organization with socialist ties, is improperly driving the so-called net neutrality agenda from inside the Obama administration. The FCC is supposed to be an independent agency that follows the law,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “The American people should be deeply troubled by the fact that the Obama administration, on issue after issue, seems to be run by shadowy leftist organizations. Our government is supposed to be ‘of the people, by the people, and for the people’, not ‘of the Left, by the Left, and for the Left.’” .Hmmmmm.....Dictatorship or Democracy?Read the full story here.
- You got to be kidding?Gov. Christie Thinks A Family Making $6,000 A Year Is Too Rich To Qualify For Medicaid.(Thinkprogress).Despite recent polls that show Americans are just as protective of Medicaid as they are of Medicare, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) is trying to gut the popular program in his state and prevent 23,000 people from receiving benefits. Christie has proposed cutting Medicaid eligibility to absurdly low levels: from the current maximum income of $24,645 to $5,317 a year for a family of three. Apparently, the governor believes a family of three making $6,000 a year is simply too rich to receive Medicaid.The New Jersey press has reported that the main effect of his proposal would be to slash help for the working poor, tearing a huge hole in the state’s social safety net: Adults in a family of three that makes as little as $103 a week would earn too much to qualify for health care provided by Medicaid under a sharply curtailed program Gov. Chris Christie wants the federal government to approve this year, according to state officials and advocates briefed on the proposal.[...]The Christie administration is expected to propose cutting the maximum income level of Medicaid from $24,645 to $5,317 a year for a family of three [...]“That is about a third of the poverty level,” Castro said. “That means that an uninsured parent working full time at a minimum-wage job wouldn’t be eligible. … A parent who works half-time for minimum wage wouldn’t even qualify.“Unfortunately, the only way these parents can become eligible for health coverage in the future is if the parent applies for and is eligible for welfare,” Castro added. “That sends the wrong message.”Democratic lawmakers are furious that Christie is insisting on making $300 million in cuts on the backs of poor and disabled residents. They point out that apart from the morally bankrupt idea of denying care to the neediest population, having more people uninsured will ultimately be more costly for New Jersey.“Those 23,000 people are going to get sick this year,” said Louis Greenwald (D), a committee chairman. “Where are you suggesting they’re going to go?”State Sen. Joseph Vitale (D), who sponsored the legislation creating FamilyCare in 1998, explained, “This completely dismantles the progress made over the last 12 years, and then some…I can’t imagine how it could be any worse.”Since Medicaid — which provides health care services to at-risk populations including the indigent, blind and disabled — is jointly funded by the federal government, states must apply for a waiver before making major changes. That means Obama administration officials can still block Christie’s radical attempts to curtail enrollment.Read the full story here.
- Hero Gurkha receives bravery medal from the Queen,'I thought I was going to die... so I tried to kill as many Taliban as I could'.(DailyMail).A Gurkha soldier who single-handedly defeated more than 30 Taliban fighters has been awarded the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross by the Queen.Corporal Dipprasad Pun, 31, described how he was spurred on by the belief that he was going to die and so had nothing to lose in taking on the attackers who overran his checkpoint in Afghanistan.His gallantry award is second only to the Victoria Cross - the highest honour for bravery in the face of the enemy.Speaking after receiving the honour from the Queen, the Gurkha said: 'I'm very excited and happy to here in the Palace to receive the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross. This will be a great memory for the future.'The soldier fired more than 400 rounds, launched 17 grenades and detonated a mine to thwart the Taliban assault on his checkpoint near Babaji in Helmand Province, southern Afghanistan, last September.At one point, after exhausting all his ammunition, he had to use the tripod of his machine gun to beat away a militant who was climbing the walls of the compound.In total he fired off 250 general purpose machine gun rounds, 180 SA80 rounds, six phosphorous grenades, six normal grenades, five underslung grenade launcher rounds and one Claymore mine.The only weapon he did not use was the traditional Kukri knife carried by Gurkhas because he did not have his with him at the time.The married soldier, whose father and grandfather were also Gurkhas, is originally from the village of Bima in western Nepal but now lives in Ashford, Kent.His medal citation said he saved the lives of three comrades at the checkpoint at that time and prevented the position being overrun.It read: 'Pun could never know how many enemies were attempting to overcome his position, but he sought them out from all angles despite the danger, consistently moving towards them to reach the best position of attack.'Hmmmm.....As the Gurkha motto tells:"It's better to die than tolive as a coward".Read the full story here.
- Video - Egyptian Cleric Mazen Al-Sarsawi: We Ask a Person Nicely to Convert, But If He Refuses and Does Not Pay the Jizya Tax, We Fight Him.Hmmmm....The religion of peace".Read and see the full story here.
- Hamas Disappointed At Egyptian Restrictions At Rafah Crossing.(Memri).The Gaza crossings and borders authority has confirmed that Egypt has restricted the number of Palestinians passing from Gaze into Egypt via the Rafah crossing to 400 per day. Hamas said that Egypt is raising difficulties on security pretexts. The Palestinian Embassy in Egypt is trying to resolve the "crisis of preventing departure from Gaza." Read the full story here.