Thursday, May 19, 2011
On Hamas Al-Aqsa TV: Muhammad Rateb Al-Nabulsi, Syrian Islamic Scholar With Influence in West, Says Homosexuality Involves Filth, 'Leads To the Destruction of the Homosexual... 'That Is Why, Brothers, Homosexuality Carries the Death Penalty'.Hmmm....The 'people' the Obama regime will negociate with.Source.
- Syria Live Blog - May 18. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Libya Live Blog - May 18. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan today 4.7 activity. More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 113.Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- Congressman Allen West’s on Obama’s two-stale solution in Israel.(JoeReport).“Today’s endorsement by President Barack Obama of the creation of a Hamas-led Palestinian state based on the pre-1967 borders, signals the most egregious foreign policy decision his administration has made to date, and could be the beginning of the end as we know it for the Jewish state.“From the moment the modern day state of Israel declared statehood in 1948, to the end of the 1967 Six Day War, Jews were forbidden access to their holiest site, the Western Wall in Jerusalem’s Old City, controlled by Jordan’s Arab army.“The pre-1967 borders endorsed by President Obama would deny millions of the world’s Jews access to their holiest site and force Israel to return the strategically important Golan Heights to Syria, a known state-sponsor of terrorism.“Resorting to the pre-1967 borders would mean a full withdrawal by the Israelis from the West Bank and the Jewish neighborhoods of East Jerusalem. Make no mistake, there has always been a Nation of Israel and Jerusalem has been and must always be recognized as its rightful capital.“In short, the Hamas-run Palestinian state envisioned by President Obama would be devastating to Israel and the world’s 13.3 million Jews. It would be a Pavlovian style reward to a declared Islamic terrorist organization, and an unacceptable policy initiative.“America should never negotiate with the Palestinian Authority- which has aligned itself with Hamas. Palestine is a region, not a people or a modern state. Based upon Roman Emperor Hadrian’s declaration in 73 AD, the original Palestinian people are the Jewish people.“It’s time for the American people to stand by our strongest ally, the Jewish State of Israel, and reject this foreign policy blunder of epic proportions.“While the winds of democracy may blow strong in the Middle East, history has demonstrated that gaps in leadership can lead to despotic regimes. I have questions for President Obama: ‘Who will now lead in Egypt?’ and ‘Why should American taxpayers provide foreign aid to a nation where the next chapter in their history may be the emergence of another radical Islamic state?’“President Obama has not stood for Israel or the Jewish people and has made it clear where the United States will stand when Palestine attempts to gain recognition of statehood by the United Nations. The President should focus on the real obstacle to security- the Palestinian leadership and its ultimate goal to eliminate Israel and the Jewish people.”Hmmmm.....A 'President' who rewards terrorists and punishes patriots.Source.
- Netanyahu says 'No' to 1967 borders.(Ynet).PM expects Obama to reaffirm bush pledges, whereby settlement blocs will remain in Israel.Responding to President Barack Obama's major Mideast policy speech, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says that Israel will not be withdrawing to the 1967 borders as part of a peace deal with the Palestinians.The PM said that Israel appreciates the president's commitment to peace, but added that he expects Obama to reaffirm US commitments to Israel from 2004. According to the pledges made by then-President George W. Bush, the Jewish state will not be asked to retreat to the 1967 borders and large settlement blocs will remain in Israel's hands. "Israel believes that in order for peace to prevail, the establishment of a Palestinian state cannot come at the expense of the State of Israel's existence," a statement issued by Netanyahu's office said. "The Palestinians, and not only the United States, must recognize Israel as the Jewish people's nation-state." The prime minister also stressed that President Bush's pledges were meant to reinforce Israel's Jewish character, by making it clear that Palestinian refugees will be taken in by Palestine and not by Israel. "Without a solution to the problem of refugees by settling them outside Israel's borders, no territorial concession would end the conflict," Netanyahu's statement said.Meanwhile, Opposition Leader Tzipi Livni said that "ending the conflict by adopting the principle of two states for two people, while maintaining the security of Israel, is in Israel's utmost interest." "The political stagnation endorsed by Netanyahu's government does not serve the interests of Israel," she said. "Hence, in his upcoming visit, and especially following Obama's speech, Netanyahu must demonstrate leadership and create the required conditions to resume negotiations."Livni added that the prime minister must act "with the understanding that only a genuine Israeli initiative, which can garner the support of the US and the international community, is the answer to the dangers and opportunities of the current times."Hmmmm....Israel can do nothing with an Islamist in the White House setting them up for a NATO/Arabworld confrontation,while pretending to be on Israel's side!Read the full story here.
- Israel's Reaction to "Cairo Speech II."Right wing MKs: Obama is the new Arafat.(JPost).Knesset members on the Right expressed outrage on Thursday night at US President Barack Obama's call for the creation of a Palestinian state based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps in an exchange of territory for security.They called upon Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu to reject Obama's plan when he meets with him on Friday in Washington."Barack Hussein Obama adopted the staged plan for Israel's destruction of Yasser Arafat, and he is trying to force it on our prime minister," said Likud MK Danny Danon. "All that was new in the speech was that he called for Israel to return to 1967 borders without solving the crisis. Netanyahu has only one option: To tell Obama forget about it." National Union MK Michael Ben-Ari also slammed Obama's speech, calling it "a landmine with pretty wrapping."Environment Minister Gilad Erdan, who as a minister close to Netanyahu must be more diplomatic, complained on Channel 2 that according to Obama's approach, the Palestinians would receive their demands on borders before negotiations begin."Once they have everything from the start, they have no reason to make any concessions,"Erdan said.But opposition leader Tzipi Livni said Obama's plan was clearly in Israel's interests, while the diplomatic stalemate that she believes was brought on by Netanyahu is not."On his visit, Netanyahu must display the leadership necessary now to create the conditions necessary to restart negotiations with those who are ready to end the conflict," Livni said. "Only a real Israeli initiative with content that can receive American and international support can be an answer to the current dangers and opportunities." Her Kadima colleague, MK Yoel Hasson, warned that if Netanyahu did not take immediate action, he would bring Israel into deeper international isolation and borders forced on Israel unilaterally.Their Kadima counterpart MK Otniel Schneller turned the focus back on his own party, however, calling on the opposition’s leadership to take a strong stand behind the prime minister on issues of foreign policy in light of Obama’s speech.“Obama’s speech has placed before Israeli society and its representatives the challenge of unity and national agreement. The political disagreements and the motivation of the opposition parties should not overpower their responsibility for the future of the state,” Schneller asserted.“On the level of diplomatic policy, even Kadima believes in the same principles presented by the prime minister, which constitute the basis for a diplomatic program that the previous government under [Prime Minister Ehud] Olmert and Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni tried to advance,” he added. “It would be appropriate if during the prime minister’s meeting with President Obama, everyone knew that the prime minister has no opposition when it comes to realizing his diplomatic initiative. We should expect mature leadership from the heads of all of the Zionist parties on the existential questions facing Israel and its strategic interests."MK Ahmed Tibi (United Arab List-Ta'al) criticized the speech, saying Obama offered "nothing new" in regards to the Israeli-Palestinian peace process. Speaking to Channel 2 news, Tibi said that the speech was intended more for Arab audiences who have been participating in pro-democracy protests in the last number of months and claimed that "Obama is riding the tiger of Arab democracy."Referring to the US president's speech in Cairo two years ago, Tibi concluded by nicknaming this time's address: "Cairo Speech II."Hmmmm.....Obama is setting Israel up for what he always wanted a clash with the Arab world so they can send in NATO troops to occupy the land.Petraeus will be happy everything is still on course.Read the full story here.
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn: IMF head 'hired prostitutes from Manhattan madam'.(Telegraph).Kristin Davis said she provided young women for the IMF chief in 2006, as he ran for the French Socialists' presidential nomination, and that one complained about his "aggressive" behaviour."He was a client of my agency," she told The Daily Telegraph. "When men abuse women I'm no longer going to protect their identities".Mr Strauss-Kahn, 62, has been charged with sexually attacking a 32-year-old hotel maid at the Manhattan Sofitel on Saturday. He denies the claims and is being held in Rikers Island prison.Miss Davis, 35, who claims to have a long list of celebrity clients, said Mr Strauss-Kahn called her directly on her mobile phone and paid $1,200 cash for two-hour sessions in hotel rooms."He wanted an 'All-American girl', with a fresh face, from the mid-West," she said. "A girl in January 2006 complained he was rough and angry, and said she didn't want to see him again".In September 2006, Mr Strauss-Kahn travelled to New York for a conference hosted by Bill Clinton. Miss Davis claims that month, she sent him a Brazilian-born prostitute who reported that "he was rough", said Miss Davis, adding: "She told me not to send any new girls to him."Miss Davis was jailed in 2008 for promoting prostitution. She named Mr Spitzer, who resigned that year over disclosures that he used prostitutes, as one of her clients.Mr Strauss-Kahn's lawyers declined to comment on the allegations. They came as the maid told a New York court of her ordeal and the IMF chief was alleged to have assaulted a maid in Mexico.The maid, a Guinean widow with a 15-year-old daughter, told a grand jury that the head of the IMF locked her in his suite, violently groped her and forced her to perform a sex act on him.Her lawyer, Jeffrey Shapiro, said beforehand that she would explain to the hearing, which took place in secret, that "there is nothing consensual about what took place in that hotel room"."This is nothing other than a physical, sexual assault by this man on this young woman," Mr Shapiro said.Attorneys for Mr Strauss-Kahn, 62, say forensic evidence from the hotel, near Times Square, will "not be consistent with a forcible encounter", indicating that he will allege she agreed to sex.He faces seven charges, including attempted rape, unlawful imprisonment and an illegal sex act. His next court hearing is expected on Friday.A judge at Manhattan's criminal court will be told whether or not the grand jury has decided there is sufficient evidence to indict Mr Strauss-Kahn for prosecution.The married father of four could be freed on $1 million (£600,000) bail on Thursday, after he filed a request with New York's supreme court. He offered to waive extradition rights and remain under electronically-monitored home detention 24 hours a day.He is expected in court for the hearing. on Friday, a judge at Manhattan's criminal court is expected to be told whether or not the grand jury has decided there is sufficient evidence to indict Mr Strauss-Kahn for prosecution.Meanwhile press reports in Mexico claimed that Mr Strauss-Kahn may also have assaulted a maid in the country while making an official visit there in recent years.The claim originated in the 2010 French book 'DSK: Secrets of a presidential contender', by an author using the pseudonym Cassandre, who said she had close knowledge of Mr Strauss-Kahn.The alleged incident in Mexico was not described at any length. The author claimed that it had not reported to the local authorities, and would have gone unpunished.The book has been the source of several allegations of improper behaviour towards women by Mr Strauss-Kahn.It also emerged on Wednesday that the maid, who has not been named due to the nature of the alleged crimes, lives in a New York apartment that houses people with HIV or Aids. Mr Shapiro denied she was HIV-positive. Read the full story here.
- "You may consider a trade-in"?Senate rejects GOP bill to expand, speed up offshore drilling.(TheHill).The Senate on Wednesday rejected Republican-backed legislation intended to speed up and expand offshore oil and gas drilling. In a 42-57 vote, the Senate failed to move forward with the bill, which was opposed by the White House and most Senate Democrats. Republicans needed 60 votes for the measure to proceed. Every Senate Democrat voted against the motion to proceed along with five Republicans: Sens. Jim DeMint (S.C.), Mike Lee (Utah), Richard Shelby (Ala.), Olympia Snowe (Maine) and David Vitter (La.). The legislation – which is similar to bills the House approved in recent weeks – would set deadlines for several upcoming Gulf of Mexico lease sales.It also would require lease sales off the coasts of Alaska and Virginia that the Interior Department had canceled following last year's oil spill.In addition, it would require the Interior Department to approve or deny offshore drilling permit applications within 60 days of filing, or the permits would be automatically approved.Republicans characterized the bill as a step toward ending what they call undue White House limits on domestic energy development.The White House criticized the bill in a statement Tuesday evening but did not issue a veto threat.The statement alleged that the plan would “hastily” open areas in the Gulf, Alaska and Atlantic to leasing without adequate environmental analysis. It also noted that the Interior Department plans to hold the Gulf lease sales referenced in the bill by mid-2012 anyway. The White House slammed the permitting deadline in the GOP bill, arguing it would “constrain” Interior’s ability to ensure permits meet safety standards.Hmmmm....You really didn't believe he would change his idea of an electric car world did you?really?....You can't be that stupid?Just like Stalin "No matter what the cost i will get my way"Read the full story here.
- 5 things to watch in Barack Obama's Mideast speech.(Politico).As the democracy movement now known as the Arab Spring hurtled across the Mideast earlier this year, President Barack Obama often tiptoed alongside history. His public statements tended to be cautious, his oratorical flourishes minimal.Now, more than four months after that historic unrest, Obama is planning a sweeping address laying out his vision for America’s role in the region. He will offer support for fledgling democratic movements and demand political freedom in countries where autocrats cling to power. White House aides previewing the speech said Obama also will note Osama bin Laden’s death and his hopes that the Al Qaeda leader’s removal — and the potential for new freedoms across the region — can divert some Muslims from terrorism and usher in a new era of peace and stability.Hmmm....Aiding his 'Muslim Brothers' while America drowns in debt?Read the full story here.
- He had plenty to say about Israel.(IsraelMatzav).So at the end of the day, President Obama said that we have to go back to the 1967 lines 'with adjustments.' And he says that we have to leave the problems of the 'refugees' and Jerusalem for the future.In return for what?Israel Radio says (but changes its mind later - see below) that we're not talking about the 1967 lines, but the area (as in length x width) of 1967 in return for 'security arrangements.' That's a change from previous US policy which said that the borders had to be changed, period.He also talked about (and forgive me for missing some of it but I was on a business call) 'Palestine' being demilitarized (which probably cannot be). The 'Palestinians' will never agree to that.Israel Radio says that the Israeli government will be pleased with this.Now they're replaying the part about Israel and it turns out that it's exactly when I turned on the radio and that he did talk about borders and not area.He also talked about 'Palestine's borders with Jordan, which means no Israel staying in the Jordan Valley.Obama asked how Israel is to negotiate with an entity that includes Hamas and said that we are waiting for answers from the 'Palestinians' to that question.Obama also said 'Jewish state' which the 'Palestinians' won't like. But the 'Palestinians' will be pleased that the negotiations will be based on the 1967 borders and that 'Palestine' will have a border with Jordan. I wonder how King Abdullah feels about that.Hmmmm.....'Palestine' being demilitarized'With UN troops on the ground to enforce?What he says and what he does are two different things.Lets see what he does once re-elected.Anything for votes!Jordan-Muslim Brotherhood , Egypt - Muslim Brotherhood ,Palestine - Muslim Brotherhood all financialiy aided by the Obama regime and he will 'help' Israel?Read the full story here.
- Israel approved 1,500 apartments across the 1949 armistice lines while Obama was speaking.(IsraelMatzav).Israel Radio reports that 625 housing units in Pisgat Zev and about 900 in Har Homa - both in 'east' Jerusalem across the 1949 armistice lines - were approved (not clear to me what stage) while Obama was speaking.Hmmmmm....."Surprise"?Read the full story here.More here.
- Former Mufti of Egypt Sheik Nasr Farid Wassel: Bin Laden Is a Martyr, Who Was Killed by the American Enemy.(Memri).Hmmmm......Just keep the money flowing Barack HUSSEIN Obama!Read and see the full story here.
- Obama Nominates Second Former Planned Parenthood Official to Federal Judgeship.(LifeNews).Obama Nominates Second Former Planned Parenthood Official to Federal Judgeship.President Barack Obama named a current Alaska Supreme Court justice who is a former Planned Parenthood board member as a nominee to a federal appeals court, in what is his latest pro-abortion judicial selection.Yesterday, the White House announced Obama has named Justice Morgan Christen to the 9th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals. She has served as an Anchorage Superior Court Judge for seven years before pro-life former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin named her to the state Supreme Court — having to choose between two pro-abortion candidate given to her by a judicial selection panel.When she submitted her application to become a state Supreme Court justice, Christen made no mention of the fact that she is a former board member of Planned Parenthood and served the pro-abortion group in the mid 1990s. Knowing that information, Jim Minnery, the director of the Alaska Family Council, a pro-life group, opposed her nomination because she would become “another activist on the Court.”In his statement announcing Christen’s nomination, Obama said, “I am proud to nominate this outstanding candidate to serve on the United States Court of Appeals. I am confident Justice Morgan Christen will serve the American people with integrity and distinction.”Christen’s appointment will come before the U.S. Senate, where Republicans will likely oppose her nomination, but they will have to do so without the support of Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski, who told the Alaska Daily News that Obama’s selection of the abortion proponent is “an outstanding choice to fill Alaska’s sole seat on the 9th Circuit.”“Over the course of a decade on the bench she has a track record of impartial, intelligent and fair judgments that demonstrate respect for the rule of law and the role of the judiciary in our democratic system,” Murkowski said. “She is a valuable asset to the Alaska legal community and I will support her wholeheartedly through the confirmation process.”Earlier this month, the Senate approved another former Planned Parenthood director Obama nominated by approving John McConnell as a federal judge in Rhode Island.Hmmmm......Dictatorship or Democracy?Read the full story here.
- Bin Laden "Gutsy Call':49 % think it was a “no-brainer” decision any president would have made.(Fox).American voters are evenly divided over how tough a decision it was for President Barack Obama to order a Navy Seal raid on Usama bin Laden’s Pakistan compound this month.In fact, while 48 percent of voters think signing off on the raid was a “gutsy move” by Obama, some 49 percent think it was a “no-brainer” decision any president would have made under the circumstances.By two-to-one Democrats are more likely to think the decision to go after bin Laden was a gutsy move (65-33 percent). For Republicans it’s the reverse -- they are more than twice as likely to call it a no-brainer (69-28 percent).Independent voters are more likely to say it wasn’t such a big deal than to see it as a gutsy call (52-43 percent).These are just some of the findings from a Fox News poll released Wednesday.Hmmmm....The alternative was to bomb a ‘friendly’ allied nation without warning!NO - BRAINER!Read the full story here.
- Al-Sharq Al-Awsat Columnist: Iranian Leader Khamenei Will Transfer Weapons To Libyan Regime. (Memri).Houda Al-Husseini wrote in her column in the London daily Al-Sharq Al-Awsat that in Iran, the Qods Forces, which are part of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC), are advancing a plan drawn up by Iranian Majlis Supreme National Security Council secretary Saeed Jalili to send weapons to the Libyan regime via Sudan. The weapons include 45 anti-aircraft missiles. The aim, she wrote, is to cause continued fighting in Libya and harm to the West. She added that the decision to send the weapons was made by Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, without the involvement of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.Hmmmm......How do you like this 'Gutsy Call' Mr President?Read the full story here.
- You can't fool all the people all the time!American Jewish Donors Warn Obama on Israel.(Yiddishnayes).Jewish donors and fund-raisers are warning the Obama re-election campaign that the president is at risk of losing financial support because of concerns about his handling of Israel.The complaints began early in President Barack Obama's term, centered on a perception that Mr. Obama has been too tough on Israel.Some Jewish donors say Mr. Obama has pushed Israeli leaders too hard to halt construction of housing settlements in disputed territory, a longstanding element of U.S. policy. Some also worry that Mr. Obama is putting more pressure on the Israelis than the Palestinians to enter peace negotiations, and say they are disappointed Mr. Obama has not visited Israel yet.One top Democratic fund-raiser, Miami developer Michael Adler, said he urged Obama campaign manager Jim Messina to be "extremely proactive" in countering the perception in the Jewish community that Mr. Obama is too critical of Israel.He said his conversations with Mr. Messina were aimed at addressing the problems up front. "This was going around finding out what our weaknesses are so we can run the best campaign," said Mr. Adler, who hosted a fund-raiser at his home for Mr. Obama earlier this year."Good friends tell you how you can improve. They don't tell you 'everything's great' and then you find out nobody buys the food in your restaurants," he said.It is difficult to assess how widespread the complaints are. Many Jews support Mr. Obama's approach to the Middle East, and his domestic agenda. But Jewish fund-raisers for Mr. Obama say they regularly hear discontent among some supporters.The Obama campaign has asked Penny Pritzker, Mr. Obama's 2008 national finance chairwoman, to talk with Jewish leaders about their concerns, Ms. Pritzker said. So far, she said, she's met with about a half dozen people. She said the campaign is in the process of assembling a larger team for similar outreach."I do think there's an education job to be done, because there's lots of myths that abound and misunderstandings of the administration's record," she said. "The campaign is aggressively getting the information out there."Robert Copeland, a Virginia Beach, Va., developer, who has given large donations to many Democrats, has already decided he won't vote for Mr. Obama in 2012. "I'm very disappointed with him," he said. "His administration has failed in Israel. They degraded the Israeli people."An Obama campaign spokeswoman declined to comment on Mr. Messina's conversations with donors, but said the campaign would reach out to Jewish donors and expected strong support. She also directed questions to Ken Solomon, an Obama fund-raiser and CEO of the Tennis Channel, who said any problems were minimal and that most Jewish voters were concerned about many issues, not just Israel.Malcolm I. Hoenlein, the executive vice chairman of The Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations, said he saw potential for the discontent to affect Mr. Obama's fund raising."It's that people hold back, people don't have the enthusiasm and are not rushing forward at fund-raisers to be supportive,'' he said. "Much more what you'll see is holding back now."Mr. Adler says he does not doubt Mr. Obama's commitment to Israel but thinks the White House needs to do a better job communicating its support.Three opportunities come in the next four days: On Thursday, Mr. Obama gives a speech about U.S. policy in the Middle East and North Africa, and on Friday he meets with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. On Sunday, Mr. Obama addresses the largest pro-Israel lobby group, the American Israeli Public Affairs Committee.In his AIPAC speech, Mr. Obama is expected to argue that the U.S.-Israeli alliance is strong and cite his backing for initiatives such as the Iron Dome missile defense system, which is positioned near the Gaza border and has already intercepted incoming short-range rockets.Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D., Fla.), chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, said the speech on Sunday should help set the record straight. "There's nothing like hearing it straight from the president of the United States—his expression that he is strongly pro-Israel." Some say the appointment of Ms. Wasserman-Schultz, who is Jewish, to run the DNC, is helpful in itself.Some of Mr. Obama's Jewish supporters hope he will visit Israel as a symbolic show of support after having visited several Muslim nations. At a small listening session this year with Mr. Messina in Palm Beach, Fla., one donor asked if Mr. Obama would do so."It's definitely on the schedule tentatively out there," he responded, according to Nancy Gilbert, an Obama supporter who was at the session. She said the 30 or so people present were happy to hear that a trip was at least under consideration.In 2008, Jewish voters accounted for 2% of the electorate, according to exit polls. Some 78% of Jewish voters backed Mr. Obama, a better showing than the 74% who backed the 2004 Democratic nominee, John Kerry.Some of the misgivings among Jewish supporters can be traced to specific incidents that resonated in the Jewish community. Last year, for example, Israeli media suggested Mr. Obama had snubbed Mr. Netanyahu and an Israeli delegation by leaving a White House meeting early.The White House and Israeli officials disputed that characterization. But the incident left a lasting impression. "It was a snub," said former New York Mayor Ed Koch, who campaigned for Mr. Obama in 2008. "My feeling was that the president was hostile to Israel."Mr. Koch, a Democrat, said he had been considering voting Republican in 2012, but then he saw the House proposal for privatizing Medicare for people under age 55, which he opposes. He now expects to support Mr. Obama again.Still, Republicans see an opening. In April, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney told a gathering of the Republican Jewish Coalition that Mr. Obama should have delivered criticism of Israel's settlement policy privately. And last year, a poll by McLaughlin & Associates, a Republican polling firm, found that 46% of American Jews said they would consider voting for someone other than Mr. Obama.WSJ.Hmmmm...Some people learned nothing from WWII Germany.Read the full story here.
- $8,300,000,000 C-Notes Printed in April.Source.
- Breaking story-Coptic church surrounded by armed Salafi Muslims.(VladTepes).(From Coptic group facebook page)A mob of extremists muslims have surrounded a church in the ains shams district of Cairo. Egyptian army so far to date has allowed the crowds to gather around the church was was recently re-opened.Breaking News – Hundreds of Salafies with Weapons have surrounded the Church of St Mary in Ein Shams waiting to attack – Priests and Deacons inside the Church – Army looking On!Hmmmm.....Obama giving them more money,to wipe out the Christians?Read the full story here.
- US warns Turkey against new flotilla to Gaza.(TodaysZaman).The United States has warned Turkey against a new flotilla to the Israeli-blockaded Gaza Strip, saying it would not be helpful, a senior US administration official has said.The US has been very clear with the Turkish government that a new flotilla would in no way be helpful, Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs Philip Gordon was quoted as saying by the Anatolia news agency to a hearing at the Senate Foreign Relations Subcommittee on European Affairs on Wednesday.Organizers of an international flotilla say they are planning to depart for Gaza in June to deliver humanitarian aid to Palestinians in breach of an Israeli blockade of the coastal strip. On May 31 of last year, a similar flotilla was intercepted in international waters by Israeli commandos. Eight Turks and one Turkish-American were killed on one of the ships, the Mavi Marmara, owned by the Humanitarian Aid Foundation (İHH), a Turkish charity.Responding to a comment from a senator during the hearing that implicit or direct support from the Turkish government for a new flotilla would not help Turkish-US ties, Gordon told the senator that he agreed.Turkey has scaled back its relations with Israel since the May 31 tragedy and says Israel should apologize and pay compensation to families of the victims before any normalization of ties can take place.Commenting on recent poll findings that the US approval rate in Turkey stands at about 10 percent, he said: “It is indeed a very serious issue. We have a country of such strategic importance and historical partnership with the United States. It is disconcerting to hear that only one in 10 have a favorable opinion of the United States.”Replying to another question from senators on a Turkish vote last year at the UN Security Council against sanctions on Iran, Gordon said the US was “very disappointed” with the Turkish vote.He was, however, more positive about the Turkish role in Libya and Syria. “I would note on Libya, Turkey has been very helpful in standing with us and making clear that Mr. [Muammar] Gaddafi has to go, and as NATO ally is participating in the enforcement of the no-fly zone and arms embargo,” he said on Libya.“On Syria, we think Turkey is a critical neighbor of Syria, has been sending all the right messages about the need for reform and about the unacceptability of the crackdown. And I could give many other examples of how we’re very closely cooperating with Turkey as well.”Hmmmm....For example weekly calls between Obama and Erdogan?I wonder what they talk about?The dissaproval of America?That might be a joint feeling?Read the full story here.
- Russia: Expelled Israeli envoy held secret info.(Ynet).Colonel Vadim Leiderman's arrest rattles defense establishment, which declares polygraph, 4-day probe have exonerated him from espionage allegations.An Israeli miltary attache to Moscow who was expelled from the country was carrying secret information when he was detained, Russia's Foreign Ministry said on Thursday. Vadim Leiderman was apprehended in Moscow on May 12, caught red-handed receiving classified information from a Russian citizen, the statement said. Leiderman was declared persona non grata and given 48 hours to leave the country, which he did, the statement said. Israel has rejected allegations reported in the Israeli media that Leiderman was a spy. The case was cleared for publication Wednesday. Military Attaché Colonel Vadim Leiderman was arrested at a coffee shop in Moscow, where he was meeting with a Russian army officer. He was then interrogated by one of Russia's intelligence agencies, apparently the FSB. He and his family were given 48 hours to leave the country.Leiderman has since been questioned by Israeli security officials. He maintains that the allegations are baseless and false, and that the entire incident stems from a misunderstanding. The attaché was interrogated by the Shin Bet and the Defense Ministry, both of which investigated the case for four days, and was even submitted to a lie detector test before it was announced that Russia's allegations had been found to be untrue. Officials say the government has never received any secret information from Leiderman. Yaakov Kedmi, who was the head of Nativ, a covert organization that maintained ties with Jews living in the former Soviet Union, speculated as to why Leiderman was expelled, and why now. Kedmi says local military industries may have demanded the move in order to express their ire with Israel, which has pressed the country in various ways to cease all weapons sales to hostile Arab countries that threaten the Jewish state. Kedmi, who is a specialist in Israeli-Russian relations, also has another theory; the diplomatic expulsion was a product of competition between two intelligence agencies – the GRU, which supervises the military, and the FSB, which supervises civilians and diplomats. The two agencies are in constant competition over resources. When the GRU found out a Russian officer was meeting with Leiderman it may have prompted the agency to act on a whim, without confirming its suspicions, in order to prove its efficiency. The FSB would then have had to go along with the arrest. This would also serve as a warning to Russian officers against meeting with diplomats without first receiving permission.Hmmmm.....Why now that the Bushehr nuclear power plant is operational? Read the full story here.
- Calls On Facebook For A Second Revolution In Egypt.(Memri)."May 27, 2011 – The Second Revolution of Egyptian Rage"; "We Don't Sense [Any] Change, [So] We'll Return To Al-Tahrir [Square]" In response to reports that the Supreme Council of the Egyptian Armed Forces is considering pardoning Mubarak and his family in exchange for the transfer of all their property and fortune to the state, Facebook pages have been launched calling for a second Egyptian revolution, on May 27, to replace the Council with a civil presidential council. The pages also call for purging the state institutions of corruption and freeing those arrested during the revolution. One of the pages has 22,000 members, and the April 6 party expressed its support for it. In contrast, the Muslim Brotherhood has announced its support for the military, and its opposition to another revolution – a position expressed on other Facebook pages. The military council itself stated that it is not interfering at all in the question of the punishment for Mubarak or anyone else from the previous regime. Hmmmm........Next"Iranian Style"oppression of the opposition by the Obama regime backed Muslim Brotherhood ?Read the full story here.
- Assistant Surgeon General Urges Americans to Prepare for ‘Zombie Apocalypse’.(SHTF).In the preparedness and planning information sphere, the term “Zombie Apocalypse” usually refers to individuals who, after a collapse of the world as we know it, roam the streets in search of water, food, and resources.Utilizing prep-culture zombies as a starting point, Assistant Surgeon General Ali S. Khan, in his most recent Center for Disease Control preparedness blog post Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse (cached text version), takes a humorous approach in an attempt to convince Americans to prepare for emergencies and disasters.All kidding aside, the preparedness recommendations should be taken to heart and immediately implemented by those who have not yet taken the time to do any sort of emergency planning.One important preparedness consideration that the Assistant Surgeon General failed to mention is self defense – weapons, ammunition, barbed wire, defense perimeters, and communications. We assume this is because Mr. Kahn truly believes that the CDC, FEMA, DHS, emergency responders, et. al. will be available when millions of golden horde zombies start roaming the streets in search of food and payback. Realistically, this is not going to happen, so we recommend adding these necessary preparation supplies as soon as possible.For those of us who are well aware of the possibility of zombies roaming the streets, we suggest that any engagements with Zombies be dealt with extreme prejudice. For those who have seen the movie, we recommend implementing rule #2 of the 33 Rules of Zombieland, which recommends that all zombies be double-tapped – just to make sure. Additionally, you may be interested in reviewing The Zombie Apocalypse, a recently published primer on dealing with individuals and gangs roaming the streets in search of resources.Hmmmm......I Wonder Who came up with the name?Read the full story here.
They entered our neighbors' place, before we fled, and began massacring them with knives. With knives! People, Muslims – with knives! Allah willing, when they leave, you will see the people who were slaughtered by knives. Many people were killed. No water tanks are left, no electricity, no phones. The schools have been turned into prisons.
The children – what can I say... Dr. Bashar said that he would send them milk and whatever... They are being cut to pieces, Dr. Bashar. Why? Because they call for freedom and democracy? There are two armies: One is Maher Al-Assad's army, and the other, which we love, is the people's army. The people's army is being killed. Today, they shot two soldiers who refused to shoot at us.Source.
Posted by Will at 9:44 AM
Nima, a four year old boy in Tehran is the second victim of child abuse in the past month.(Persian2English) – Yesterday, and only ten days after he was taken to the Mofid Children’s hospital, he was released and delivered to his abusive father.
Nima suffered injuries from severe beatings from his parents who burned various parts of his body including his penis and caused deep bruising around his eyes. He was transfered to the hospital on May 8th. Upon arrival at the hospital, Nima told the staff that his father had burned his body, however, afterward, due to his fear, he responded that he did “not know” [anything] about his injuries.
Mostafa Eghlima, the President of the Academic Association of Social Workers in Iran told ISNA, “According to the law, a father may refer to the Judiciary any time he wishes to collect his child.” He added, “Even though the legal proceedings have allowed for Nima to return to his father, we must [know] how the presiding Judge came to the decision that the father is qualified to care for Nima.”
Eghlima confirmed, “It is unlikely that the presiding Judge has contacted the Legal Medicine Organization of Iran to inquire about the psychological conditions of Nima’s parents.” Eghlami believes that the psychological states of the parents should have been investigated before returning the child to them. He also stated that he believes Nima’s incident and the one last week remove any doubts regarding the “lack of parental authority.”
Eghlami concluded that welfare workers have not conducted enough investigation into the case or have been effective enough in [influencing] the Judge’s final verdict.Hmmmm.....What kind of sick society allows this?Source.
Posted by Will at 8:08 AM
- Syria Live Blog - May 18. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Libya Live Blog - May 18. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan today 4.7 activity. More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 113.On 18.05.2011 at 03:09 GMT+2
Japan's damaged nuclear power plant lost cooling capacity in the devastating March 11 earthquake before the arrival of the resulting tsunami, officials said. Operating records of plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. released Tuesday revealed the primary emergency backup cooling system of the No. 1 reactor at the Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear power plant failed almost immediately in the magnitude-9 earthquake, NewScientist.com reported Tuesday. "An emergency condenser system at the Number 1 reactor functioned for less than 10 minutes after the earthquake. The failure lasted for three hours," the records said. A chronology of events laid out in the records shows the pure chaos experienced in the aftermath of the March 11 quake and tsunami as the nuclear disaster unfolded, the Mainichi Daily News reported. Just after the magnitude-9 earthquake struck at 2:46 p.m., reactors No. 1-3 began emergency shutdown procedures. Overheating due to the failure in the cooling system even before the arrival of the tsunami may have accelerated the reactor's meltdown, officials said. All power to the plant was cut off when a tsunami struck some 45 minutes after the earthquake. Power source trucks to supply the plant's reactors got stuck in traffic and could not get to Fukushima from nearby TEPCO facilities. Inside the plant, workers tried to vent the No. 1 reactor to relieve pressure building in the reactor vessel but had to stop about 9:30 p.m. "We've given up venting operations (to lower reactor pressure). The radiation level is just too high," a TEPCO employee reported. The documents released by TEPCO do not include any record of the utility's communications with the prime minister's office. A government committee set up to analyze the causes of the nuclear crisis and the actions taken by both the government and TEPCO to contain it will study the documents. The revelations in the documents will give opponents of nuclear power ammunition to argue nuclear plants should never have been built in seismically active zones, NewScientist.com said.Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- Ali Khamenei and IRGC Under Investigation for Supporting the 9/11 Plotters.(BigPeace).U.S. Federal Supreme Court indictment: Ali Khameni and the Revolutionary Guard should be on the International Arrest Warrant wanted list for their support of the 11 September 2001 World Trade Center attack.According to exclusive information obtained by Iran Briefing, the United States of America Judicial System, in one of the most important cases in its history, will issue a verdict on Monday 16 May 2011. The case was brought by relatives of the World Trade Center attack victims and more than 70 American, Iranian, British and Canadian lawyers have participated in its considerations. The case was made in response to the requests by relatives of the World Trade Center attack victims. One of the lawyers involved in the case stated that over 5 years more than 36,000 hours have been spent on it.An informed official has told Iran Briefing that the case considers the evidence of the National Committee on World Trade Center attack including the witness statements of more than 120 political activists, journalists, researchers and terrorism analysts, as well as members of Al-Qaeda, the Intelligence Ministry of Iran and the Revolutionary Guard, including well known figures of the Islamic Republic of Iran. In response to the collected evidence, which includes documents linked to Al-Qaeda, the testimonies of witnesses and secret communications of Al-Qaeda members, the United States Supreme Court Prosecutor has issued the final indictment of the case.The case shows that the Islamic Republic of Iran government has been the biggest supporter and sponsor of Al-Qaeda after the World Trade Center attack. The evidence is kept in 15 files containing more than 8,000 pages. Iranian financial support, the providing of refuge for Bin Laden’s family, the supply of military aid and arms to Al-Qaeda in Iraq and Afghanistan, used to attack American forces, are among the accusations leveled against the Iranian government. In this case Ali Khamenei, Iranian Supreme leaders, two former Foreign Affairs Ministers, Kharazi and Motaki, two Commanders of the Revolutionary Guard, General Safavi and General Jafari, as well as two Commanders of the Quads Forces, are among first to be held responsible.It is important to note that some members of the Revolutionary Guard, including high ranking commanders who sought political asylum abroad, testified that the Revolutionary Guard provided Al-Qaeda members with military training prior to the 11 September 2001 World Trade Centre attack.One of the lawyers involved in the case has told Iran Briefing that after 6 years of effort and hard work, the verdict will be issued through officials to the United States judiciary and media on Monday 16th May 2011, adding that two European countries tried to undermine the efforts and investigation committee in order to stop the investigation. Additionally, this lawyer stated that the Islamic Republic of Iran, in cooperation with another country, is also accused of the attempted kidnap of one of the members of the investigation team, an operation that was prevented by the intervention of US Foreign Affairs and CIA personnel.Hmmm....Two European Countries?Turkey and ....?Read the full story here.
- Most Transparant and open regime evah!No Questions Since April 5 for Obama.(WhitehouseDossier).That’s what my friend Julie Mason over at POLITICO figured out and has shared with us all.Jules noticed that the openness president has stopped taking questions from the White House press corps, though White House Press Secretary Jay Carney promises, PROMISES he’ll do so soon.Obama not only takes fewer questions, he’s stamped out a couple of traditional forums for getting them in.Something Bill Clinton and the sinister and secretive George W. Bush did just about every week that the openness president never does anymore is take a question or two during “pool sprays,” those brief hits when the White House pool enters a room – usually the Oval Office – where the president has been meeting with some foreign dignitary or some Congressional dignitary, or some other very dignified person.Another avenue to quiz the leader of the free world was the post-statement mini-news conference. Bush and Clinton would come out, make a statement about something, and then take questions for 5, 10, 20 minutes or more, often in the Rose Garden.Not Obama.But this approach denies the country a regular view of the president’s thinking and avoids the diversity of questioning he might get at a regular or mini-news conferences. He’s also not forced to think so much on his feet during the one-on-ones, since he takes more time to prepare for the interview, which is often focused on a particular topic.Hmmmm....The most 'totalitarian' President Evah!When will America realise what happened to the country?Read the full story here.
- The IRS Gets Political. The taxman goes after campaign donors.(Wsj).We're starting to see a pattern here. Since the Supreme Court restored the First Amendment rights of businesses and unions in last year's Citizens United ruling, Democrats have been searching for a way to claw back control over political speech. The latest bureau to get the memo is the Internal Revenue Service, which may retroactively tax top donors to political advocacy groups.In the crossroads, er, cross-hairs, are nonprofit groups that register under section 501(c)(4) of the tax code and spent millions on political advertising in the last election cycle. Big donations to those groups, the agency now says, should have been subject to gift taxes and may be owed retroactively. In a letter to one donor, the IRS noted that it "had received information that you donated cash to . . . an IRC Section 501(c)(4) organization . . . and your contribution should have been reported on your 2008 federal gift tax return."The letters are especially odd since the purpose of the gift tax has traditionally been used in coordination with the estate tax, to prevent people from avoiding the tax by divesting their wealth before they die. Contributions to 501(c)(4)s aren't a routine death tax avoidance mechanism, and the contributions now under scrutiny are a pittance compared to overall gift tax revenues. So, hmmm, what could be the reason to start asserting the provision now, and only against a handful of high-profile political donors?IRS spokesman Michelle Eldridge said in a statement last week that the letters are the idea of career IRS employees, not the White House, and that they are part of a larger investigation of gift tax compliance. Count us skeptical that a new targeted enforcement plan, likely coordinated between at least two of the highly compartmentalized divisions of the IRS, was just cooked up by some career guys. But even if the Obama Administration doesn't deserve primary credit for this idea to chill political activity, it will still serve the Democrats' purpose in time for 2012 fundraising. A tax probe of donations given by a specific class of political donors is a boldfaced attempt to punish and discourage political speech.The IRS also says the investigations into a few deep-pocketed donors isn't the prelude to a broader offensive against the groups. Nah, that would mean they were taking their cues from liberal campaign finance groups like Democracy 21, which has been flogging this idea as a way to impose greater disclosure requirements. Last September, Montana Democrat Max Baucus wrote a letter to IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman to suggest he start investigating the political groups.All this is done in the name of "transparency," which is a nice way of saying, we know where you live. The real goal is to intimidate business and big donors from giving money to Republicans. The draft executive order aiming to wrest disclosure from federal contractors appears to make no such demands on federal labor unions, which had their free speech rights restored alongside business in Citizens United.Our support for donor disclosure over the years has always been contingent on ending all restrictions on campaign donations. But the campaign finance scolds who are allied with Democrats, such as Democracy 21 and Norm Ornstein of the American Enterprise Institute, are trying to use disclosure as a political weapon now that the Supreme Court has declared their other ideas illegal. Unleashing the IRS is an especially nasty turn.Hmmmm.....Thugocracy in motion?Read the full story here.
- Evil Precedent – Indiana Invalidates Fourth Amendment.(NewZeal).Each day, Obama‘s administration, Eric Holder, DHS and the courts are getting more and more brazen in their trashing of the Constitution. They no longer hide it. They are out in the open, shoving it down our throats, daring us to fight back. Since they know that changing our founding documents is not realistic, they are going around them via judicial activism and executive orders. Soon, a moment will come where they can do as they please and suspend our rights altogether. That moment is not far off I fear.A blow to our Constitutional liberties occurred last week. At first, I could not believe what I was reading. Sadly, this did occur and our founding fathers must be weeping for our nation. The Indiana Supreme Court ruled in a 3-2 decision that citizens don’t have a right to resist unlawful entry into their homes by police. It means that officers may enter any residence without warrant, probable cause or permission of the owner, leaving citizens’ only legal recourse against such intrusions in the hands of police review boards or district courts.Overturning a common law dating back to the English Magna Carta of 1215, the Indiana Supreme Court ruled Thursday that Hoosiers have no right to resist unlawful police entry into their homes.In a 3-2 decision, Justice Steven David writing for the court said if a police officer wants to enter a home for any reason or no reason at all, a homeowner cannot do anything to block the officer’s entry.
“We believe … a right to resist an unlawful police entry into a home is against public policy and is incompatible with modern Fourth Amendment jurisprudence,” David said. “We also find that allowing resistance unnecessarily escalates the level of violence and therefore the risk of injuries to all parties involved without preventing the arrest.”
David said a person arrested following an unlawful entry by police still can be released on bail and has plenty of opportunities to protest the illegal entry through the court system.So, now a policeman can just enter your home for any reason or no reason at all and you cannot protest it? Legality be damned, you must submit? You are kidding right? And if you just happened to be shot by the officer who just committed an unlawful entry, no one can hold the officer liable I presume. You’ll still be dead of course. Oopsie… Or how about this: the ruling creates a reasonable expectation on the part of false flag home invaders that they will not receive resistance when they assert they are the police. Feel safer now?
Incompatible with modern Fourth Amendment jurisprudence? Excuse me, but the Constitution is not a “living, breathing document.” It says what it means and means what it says, just as the founding fathers intended – period. No judge or other person of authority has the right to interpret the Constitution in light of what they consider to be “modern” jurisprudence
And telling the victim of the illegal entry that they have plenty of opportunities to protest said illegal entry in the court system is not only arrogant and asinine, it borders on the judicial form of ‘let them eat cake.’Hmmmmm.......Thugocracy ,Dictatorship or Democracy?Read the full story here.
- Obama Circuit Court Nominee’s Controversial Remarks on Reparations: ‘We’re Going to Have to Give Up Something’.(Breitbart).Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) has scheduled a vote on Goodwin Liu's nomination tomorrow. Despite other clips of Mr. Liu seeming to advocate for working at the community level to right the wrongs of slavery, this clip displays a very specific idea that something must be given up "to make things right" including "giv(ing) up money" or else "the reconciliation can't fully occur." The revelation of this new video could be a devastating blow to Mr. Liu's nomination.Hmmmm......"Redistribution of wealth" Mr President?Read and see the full story here.
- Netanyahu: 'Bloc' has various meanings.Chairman of the National Union MK Yaakov Katz, reveals in numbers the meaning of Netanyahu's speech in the Knesset last night, which means the expulsion of 130 thousand Jews from their homes.Hmmmm....Reminds me of the 'lists' the Germans made to deport people.Back to the 'Ghetto'?Read and more important see the full list here.
- Dorothy Parvaz: Inside Syria's secret prisons.(Al-Jazeera)..I was standing in two fist-sized pools of smeared, sticky blood, trying to sort out why there were seven angry Syrians yelling at me. Only one of them - who I came to know as Mr Shut Up during my three days in a detention center, where so many Syrians 'disappeared' are being kept - spoke English.Watching them searching my bags, and observing the set of handcuffs hanging from the bunk bed wedged behind the desk in the middle of the room, I guessed that I was being arrested - or, at the very least, processed for detention."Why are you doing this?" I asked."Shut up! SHUT UP!" said Mr Shut Up.I'd arrived there moments before, dragged by a handful of hair from a car where I'd been wedged between two armed men. They'd tried to convince me that they were taking me to my hotel, but, of course, I knew that there was no way plain-clothed security personnel would be kind enough to escort me to my accommodation. I did, however, manage to resist being forced to wear a blindfold, figuring that if they were going to shoot me, they really didn't need a reason to do so.After about 20 minutes, we pulled off the highway and through two checkpoints. By this point, the rather handsy security guard to my left had pulled my scarf over my eyes.Armed guards opened a gate to what seemed like a military compound, filled with dozens of men, all plain-clothed, lurking in an atmosphere suited only to cracking skulls - so heightened was the sense of impending violence.Welcome to mini-Guantanamo; perhaps one of many in Syria where protesters and bystanders alike have been swept up in the wide net cast by an increasingly paranoid government since the start of anti-government protests several weeks ago.I'd ended up there because a scan of my luggage had revealed that I had a satellite phone and an internet hub with me - the commercially available type, nothing special, and just the sort of thing one might need while travelling in a country with spotty communications.Still, if that was deemed suspicious, then my American passport, complete with its Al Jazeera-sponsored visa, sealed the deal. The agents couldn't seem to agree what I was, or which was worse: an American spy for Israel, or an Al Jazeera reporter – both were pretty much on a par.'We could clearly hear the interrogator pummelling his fists into his subject,' writes our correspondent.Read the full story here.
- I.H.H. Condemns Osama Bin Laden Killing, Plans New Flotilla.(WeeklyStandard).According to the Meir Amit Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center, the Turkish Islamist group I.H.H. has condemned America's killing of Osama bin Laden:Turkish Islamist organizations at a press conference convened at the Reşadiye Hotel in Istanbul to denounce the killing of Osama bin Laden. An IHH representative denounced "American terrorism," saying that killing bin Laden was clearly an illegal act (Photo from the verfecr.com website). The banner reads "We condemn American terrorism."Read the full story here.
- Attention Shifts to Schwarzenegger’s Housekeeper.(NYTimes).BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — She moved here nearly a year ago, to a four-bedroom home with a pool in this middle-class community more than 100 miles from Los Angeles and the Brentwood mansion where she had worked for 20 years. Mildred Patricia Baena had been a housekeeper for Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver through his years as governor, retiring some time last year. Read the full story here.
- Can Peace Be Made with Terrorists who mourn Bin Laden?(WeeklyStandard).Congressmen Eric Cantor and Peter Roskam write in Politico:As President Barack Obama draws national attention to the Middle East with a major speech on Thursday, we ask our fellow lawmakers — and all Americans — the following questions: Does this seem like a group with whom Israel can make peace? Would you trust this organization to have free rein in your own backyard? Is this a group deserving of $550 million in annual foreign aid from cash-strapped U.S. taxpayers?These are questions the U.S. must now address, since Hamas — which controls the Gaza Strip — this month officially joined the Palestinian Authority in a unity government. The PA plans to unilaterally declare a state at the United Nations meeting in September.As Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu gets set to visit Washington this week, the PA has made its move against peace. It has embraced a regime of terror — one that mourns bin Laden’s death — even as it now hopes for the U.N. to unilaterally grant it a state in a vote this coming September. The Obama administration must stand united with the American people, and with Israel, to oppose this vote. In a dangerous region, Israel is a democratic ally bound to us by a shared set of beliefs in freedom, peace and human progress. Serving on the front lines of the struggle against terrorism and Iranian-backed aggression, Israel is our vital strategic asset that provides stability to a volatile neighborhood. The Hamas-Fatah reconciliation agreement empowers Hamas terrorists and endangers Israel. The U.S. must use every tool in our diplomatic arsenal to make clear that we will not tolerate a Palestinian government that includes Hamas. It is our duty, as leader of the free world, to do no less.Hmmmm......"No Negociations with terrorist who are in mourning for the death of Osama Bin Laden.If the President does than impeach him!Read the full story here.
- New documents suggest Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan involved with crafting legal defense of Obamacare.(DailyCaller).Newly released documents reveal Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan was more involved with President Obama’s health-care law than she disclosed previously. The documents likely will lead to a revival of questions about whether the Kagan should recuse herself from future cases.Specifically, the documents show that Kagan was involved with crafting the legal defense of the Affordable Care Act in her role as solicitor general, before her appointment to the bench. The Media Research Center and Judicial Watch obtained the documents through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit that was filed in February 2011.In an email dated Jan. 8, 2010, then-Deputy Solicitor General Neal Katyal sent an email to Senior Counsel Brian Hauck and Deputy Attorney General Thomas Perrelli that indicates Kagan played a key role in coming up with a legal defense.“Brian, Elena would definitely like OSG [Office of Solicitor General] to be involved in this set of issues … we will bring Elena as needed.”In an email on March 21, 2010, Katyal urged Kagan to attend a health-care litigation meeting on defending the law. “I think you should go, no?” wrote Katyal. “I will, regardless, but feel like this is litigation of singular importance.”The documents also show that once Kagan was nominated to the Supreme Court, she and Katyal immediately switched course to distance her from discussions about the legislation.On May 17, 2010, for example, Tracy Schmaler, a Department of Justice spokesperson wrote to Katyal, “Has Elena been involved in any of that to the extent SG office was consulted … ?”“No, she has never been involved in any of it. I’ve run it for the office, and have never discussed the issues with her one bit,” was Katyal’s response. He then forwarded the correspondence to Kagan, saying “This is what I told Tracy about Health Care.”Kagan’s response: “This needs to be coordinated. Tracy you should not say anything about this before talking to me.”Other email chains between Kagan, White House lawyers and Vice President Joe Biden’s then-Chief of Staff Ronald Klain show a coordinated effort on how to respond to questions about the health-care law that may have arisen in the confirmation hearings.According to Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton, the Department of Justice is conducting an ongoing investigation that could uncover more documents concerning Kagan’s involvement in the health-care defense.“I was surprised by these documents considering her testimony,” Fitton told The Daily Caller. “And I suspect some senators on the Judiciary Committee ought to be surprised.”“It certainly doesn’t look good,” he added. “The Obama administration appointed Kagan. It was well known this appointment was key in terms of providing a defense of the health-care law.”Hmmmmm......Thugocracy or democracy?Read the full story here.
- DOJ, DHS Film Instructs Law Enforcement to Obey Sharia Gender Discrimination.(CounterComptempt).By David Stein “The First Three to Five Seconds: Arab and Muslim Cultural Awareness for Law Enforcement” is an outrageous example of the U.S. government appeasing the very worst elements of Islam, even at the expense of our own laws and values. This training film not only instructs law enforcement officers to obey Sharia gender rules when conducting investigations, it’s also a flagrant piece of pro-Islamic propaganda that presents Muslim gender discrimination as proof of Islam’s “strong connection to God.”“The First Three to Five Seconds” was initially developed by the Department of Justice, and it’s now used by both the DOJ and the Department of Homeland Security to train all of their law enforcement personnel. “The First Three to Five Seconds” is described on the DHS website as a film that “introduces law enforcement officers to basic principles of the Arab American and Muslim American cultures.” However, the DHS description hardly does this instructional film justice.To begin with, there is the outright pro-Islam propaganda. Naturally, all religions see their tenets and customs in a positive light. But it’s not the job of the United States government, in a taxpayer-funded film, to produce religious propaganda which claims that one particular religion’s tenets and customs somehow make that faith “closer to God.”“The First Three to Five Seconds” opens with the Muslim call to prayer. The narrator proclaims, “In order to keep a strong connection with God, Islam prescribes that believers pray five times a day.” The narration continues, instructing law enforcement officers:“If you visit a mosque, be aware that there are separate entrances to the prayer sections for females and males as an extension of modesty. To keep their minds on the worship of God, men and women pray in separate sections.”Muslims might believe that praying five times a day strengthens their connection to God, they might believe that it is immodest for men and women to enter a mosque together, and they might believe that segregating men and women keeps their minds on the worship of God…but that’s opinion, not fact. Some would argue that Islamic gender segregation is due to an intense, virulent, and pervasive anti-female bias within the faith – something negative, not positive. Yet “The First Three to Five Seconds” uses taxpayer money to promote a positive view of Muslim gender segregation. If a law enforcement agency wishes to instruct its officers in how Muslims pray, fine. Lay out the facts; leave the value judgments out.Interestingly, the line about Muslims’ “strong connection to God,” while clearly spoken in the film, is absent in the DHS transcript.Where “The First Three to Five Seconds” hits absolute rock bottom is in its instructions to law enforcement officers, should they have to visit a Muslim home during the course of an investigation. Startlingly, the film tells officers not to enter a Muslim home if there is an adult female occupant who is not in the presence of a Muslim male! The film provides a dramatization in which a male officer knocks on the door of a home. An adult female in a hijab answers meekly, informing the policeman that her husband is not home, so she cannot speak to the officer or allow him inside. The narrator says, “This might seem suspicious,” but, he reassures the viewers, it is indeed “inappropriate” to enter a Muslim house in a situation like that. The officer is shown turning around and leaving.The narrator states that no officer should enter a Muslim home if they are the opposite sex of the person who is home alone, meaning that a female officer should not enter a home, in the course of a police investigation, if the sole occupant is a Muslim male.This is nothing more than the U.S. government advocating gender discrimination, pure and simple. Sharia may demand the segregation of the sexes, but U.S. law forbids preventing someone from doing their job solely on account of their gender.This is the Justice Department violating U.S. law. Think about it; the DOJ and the DHS are telling law enforcement officers that they may NOT carry out an investigation if doing so requires them to be in a house alone with a Muslim of the opposite sex. This is not only an insult to law enforcement…it’s a grotesque negation of core American (and Western) values.“The First Three to Five Seconds” can be viewed in full below. Or, to view it on the DHS website, click here. On the DHS site, the film is split into two parts. The first part slams the U.S. for “negative stereotypes” of Muslims in the media. It also covers issues involving the Sikh community. All of the material covered in this article is in part two.After the viewing, the DHS will present you with a questionnaire, to find out if you have properly absorbed the message of the film. You’ll then be asked to submit the completed form to the DHS. As your tax money paid for the film, by all means, feel free to let them know what you thought of it.Hmmmm.....We’re PAYING for the Justice Dept. to promote sharia?What happened to "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"?Read the full submission story here.
- US to help Muslim brotherhood controlled Jordan with $1 billion.(GulfToday). AMMAN: US President Barack Obama has announced plans for economic assistance to Jordan to help lay the conditions for economic growth and stability, Jordanian media reported on Wednesday.The reports said Obama, speaking to the press after a meeting with Jordan’s King Abdullah II, said he discussed with the King the US role in supporting the kngdom’s economic reform efforts.Obama announced that the US has “mobilised several hundreds of millions of dollars through OPIC (US Overseas Private Investment Corporation), and that will leverage ultimately about $1 billion for economic development inside of Jordan,” according to the report by the state media.“In addition, because of the huge spike in commodity prices throughout the world, we are going to be providing 50,000 metric tonnes of wheat to Jordan,” he said.“His Majesty discussed the reform efforts that are taking place inside Jordan… and we welcome the initiatives that His Majesty has already embarked on, and feel confident that, to the extent that he’s able to move these reforms forward, this will be good for the security and stability of Jordan, but also will be good for the economic prosperity of the people of Jordan. And so we’re very pleased to support him on that front,” Obama said.Obama noted that “all of this will help to stabilise the cost of living and day-to-day situation of Jordanians and will provide a foundation so that these economic reforms can move forward and long-term development can take place.”The Jordan News Agency, Petra, quoted Minister of Planning and International Co-operation Jafar Hassan as saying that the US will provide $250 million in loan guarantees to Jordan to provide continuous funding to small- and medium-sized projects over the next 10 years, totalling $1 billion eventually.Hassan noted that the US also agreed to provide a $50 million grant to Jordan to support small- and medium-sized projects implemented in the country’s governorates and underprivileged areas, Petra reported.The king voiced appreciation for US support of Jordan as well as regional peace efforts.Hmmmm.......How many Billion of Dollars is the Obama regime giving to the by the Muslim brotherhood ruled Middle East?Read the full story here.
- EU: 75% of cattle killed without pain relief.(IslaminEurope).A new report by the European Commission indicates that up to 75 percent of all cattle in the EU are killed without pain relief, causing unnecessary suffering, reports Swedish Radio News.Previous estimates put the figure at just five to ten percent, and Green Party MEP Carl Schlyter says he is shocked at the numbers. Many of the animals are first drained of their blood before dying, and a growing share of the 75 percent are made up of animals killed according to the rules for kosher and halal meat, but Schlyter says much is also due to cost-cutting measures at slaughterhouses.Hmmmm.......Who's controlling the Halal food market?Read the full story here.
- Are they or are they not?Qaddafi’s wife, daughter said to be in a puzzled Tunisia.(Al-Arabia).The wife and daughter of Libyan leader Muammar Qaddafi crossed over the border into Tunisia several days ago, a Tunisian security source told Reuters on Wednesday. But early Thursday, another Tunisian official said that the Qaddafi women were not in the country.The first source insisted that he was right. So did the second source.Mr. Qaddafi’s wife Safia Firkash and his daughter Aisha came to Tunisia with a Libyan delegation on May 14 and are on the island of Djerba in the south, the source said.“It was expected that they would leave yesterday but they are still at Djerba,” the source added.It did not appear that the two women had been travelling with Shokri Ghanem, Libya’s top oil official, who is believed to have also crossed into Tunisia and appears to have defected.Libyan officials in Tripoli were not immediately available for comment. Mr. Qaddafi, who rarely speaks publicly about the women in his family, was not available for comment either.At the same time, the Libyan regime came under fire, as the International Criminal Court warned that if the regime does not refrain from covering up crimes committed against their people, it will be charged, Agence-France Presse reported. “(Libyan) diplomats working in Libya cannot be part of the cover-up of these crimes—we want to be clear on that,” Luis Moreno-Ocampo said at a press conference in The Hague, where the world court is based.“Failure to do so would result in an investigation and prosecution,” he added.The Muammar Qaddafi regime received Mr. Moreno-Oacampo’s warning via a letter sent to the Libyan Foreign Minister Abdelati Obeidi calling on him and “other Libyan authorities to refrain from being involved in such a cover-up.”The office “considers that part of the criminal plan implemented in Libya includes the cover-up of the crimes” committed to quash a popular uprising against Colonel Qaddafi that erupted in February.The ICC prosecutor said that “even Mr Qaddafi himself said 'where's the bodies', because what they do is that their doctors are prohibited to register dead people in hospitals... the bodies are hidden,” when he was asked on how the regime’s covered up the crimes. “If they shoot at or attack a mosque sometimes they destroy the mosque to terminate any links connected to the crime,” he said.Hmmmmm.......Read the full story here.
- Did Turkey provide 'old friend' Gadaffi with fresh fuel?(TodaysZaman).The Libyan government of Muammar Gaddafi will receive fresh fuel supplies by buying a cargo that recently visited Turkish and Georgian ports, but both states denied involvement in the transaction.Libya, a member of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is reliant on imports for fuels such as gasoline, even in peacetime, because of insufficient refining capacity. Now civil war has crippled the refining industry, Gaddafi urgently needs fuel imports for military purposes and to keep civilian vehicles running in the areas he controls. AIS live ship tracking data showed the Libyan-flagged oil products tanker Cartagena was heading from the Turkish port of Mersin to Zawiyah in west Libya. This would make it the first known direct shipment to western Libya, controlled by Gaddafi's forces, following previous secretive ship-to-ship transfers through Tunisia. Turkey confirmed the vessel had anchored near Mersin but denied any involvement in the shipment. "This ship did not make an official arrival-departure from Mersin to pick up goods. It anchored off Mersin port. It did not take goods from Mersin. There is information that it took goods from Georgia. We have established that the ship owner is foreign and the flag Libyan," a Turkish foreign ministry official said. A senior government official for Georgia -- a U.S. ally -- said the ship did not load fuel in the country. "The Libya-flagged Cartagena tanker arrived at the (Black Sea) port of Poti in mid-April. I can tell you that it did not take any goods from Georgia and has already departed from Poti. There is one Turkish terminal in Poti port and we don't know whether it took anything from them," he said.International sanctions against Libya are implemented through a list of companies that are excluded from business but exports to western Libya or dealings with firms not on the list are not forbidden. The shipment is not illegal as the tanker belongs to Libyan state-owned shipping company General National Maritime Transport Company (GNMTC), which is not named on the United Nations sanctions list, although Libya's National Oil Corporation is.It has capacity to carry around 30,000 tonnes of fuel. The vessel, carrying a cargo worth around $30 million based on current Mediterranean fuel prices, has a draught of 8-11 metres which indicates it is loaded, a shipping source familiar with the tanker's movements said. Hmmmm.......Blood is thicker than oil?Read the full story here.
- UAE to be first Arab country with NATO embassy.(Al-Arabia).The United Arab Emirates is to make a landmark move, becoming the first Arab country to send an ambassador to NATO, Poland’s Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski said Wednesday.“We’re very happy that the United Arab Emirates is to become the first Arab country to open an embassy at the North Atlantic Treaty Organization,” Mr. Sikorski told reporters after talks with his visiting UAE counterpart Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed al-Nahyan.Accrediting an ambassador to NATO is seen as a key step for countries seeking to cement ties with the 28-nation, trans-Atlantic alliance.At the alliance’s Brussels headquarters, deputy spokesperson Carmen Romero noted that the UAE’s move was yet to receive a final green light.“The allies are in the process of examining the United Arab Emirates’ request to open a diplomatic mission,” Ms. Romero told AFP.“This request falls within the new NATO partnership policy approved by NATO members’ foreign ministers at their meeting in Berlin on April 14-15,” she noted.A NATO diplomat, however, said the alliance was set to make a formal decision this week.The UAE already belongs to NATO’s Istanbul Cooperation Initiative, launched at an alliance summit in the Turkish city in 2004, which aims to bolster bilateral security cooperation with countries in the Middle East.The UAE and Gulf neighbor Qatar are unusual in the Arab world in that they are both taking part in the NATO-led military campaign against Muammar Qaddafi’s regime in Libya.The UAE is poised to host a new meeting of the International Contact Group, which includes all the countries participating in the Libya operation.“We’re very delighted to have Poland as part of the Contact Group,” Sheikh Abdullah told reporters.The Polish government has said that boosting ties with the Middle East will form a crucial plank of its European Union presidency in the second half of this year.Hmmmmm.......Next Russia embracing Iran in their mids?Read the full story here.
- IHH: Mavi Marmara ready for next flotilla.(Ynet).Turkish movement says 10,000 people want to board ship for June's Gaza-bound flotilla. The Turkish IHH organization announced Wednesday that the Mavi Marmara ship, which was subjected to a deadly IDF raid while attempting to breach Israel's maritime blockade on the Gaza Strip last May, is ready for set sail once more. "Even if we sacrifice shahids (martyrs) for this cause, we will be on the side of justice," IHH President Bulent Yildirim said in a recent television interview. According to the Islamic organization, which is recognized by Israel and other nations as a terrorist movement, the Mavi Marmara – upon which nine Turkish activists were killed in a clash with Navy commandos – has suffered severe damage during last May's events. The IHH said the vessel's engine was intentionally destroyed when the ship was towed by the Israeli authorities to the Ashdod Port, and its deck and command bridge were wrecked. The ship was consequently repaired and renovated in Istanbul, Turkey; its deck and the passenger seating were completely redone. According to the IHH, the vessel is ready to cruise again.In an interview with Turkey's Kanal 5 television station, Yildirim said that the turn out for the flotilla is unprecedented, and denied Israel's claim that people are afraid of participating."Our goal is to gather a million people who want to board the flotilla ship," he said. "From these applicants we will choose a limited number of people, but each of the applicants will be considered as though he is on the flotilla. We are not afraid, and want to convey the message to Israel that we are coming." Yildirim added that an "Israeli attack" would actually serve the purpose of the flotilla. "This time, all of the world's nations will stand against (Israel)," he said. "It could benefit the Palestinians." He said that Arab Israeli MKs and Israeli television channels expressed interest in boarding the flotilla. "There is great opposition to the government's policies," he said. According to Yildirim, the IHH will hold protests in Turkey and around the world, and will send an aid ship to Gaza through the Egyptian El Arish port in the end of May. "With the help of donors, we will send $100 million-worth of aid this time," he said. "Israel beware, don't you dare to harm Palestine, because when you harm it, the number of people on Palestine's side grows and becomes stronger, and you become smaller." Hmmmm......"Unknown to them, they are heading for eternal judgment, they think they are coming to make war against God, but they are being gathered for judgment." Read the full story here.
- William Burroughs Publisher Prosecuted in Islamic Turkey.(StopTurkey).Charges of 'incompliance with moral norms' and 'hurting people's moral feelings' brought over edition of The Soft Machine William S Burroughs was acclaimed by Jack Kerouac as the "greatest satirical writer since Jonathan Swift", but a Turkish publisher is currently facing obscenity charges for releasing an edition of his novel, The Soft Machine.A winner of the International Publishers Association's Freedom to Publish prize, Irfan Sanci has previously been sued under Article 226 of the Turkish penal code, for publishing books including Guillaume Apollinaire's Adventures of the Young Don Juan, but was acquitted in December. He and his translator are now facing further obscenity charges for publishing 2,500 copies of a Turkish edition of the Burroughs novel in January, which could mean a jail sentence of up to nine years.The International Publishers Association called the situation "mind-blowing and disappointing" and called for Sanci and his translator's immediate acquittal, saying that the obscenity charges violate Article 10 (freedom of expression) of the European convention on human rights. Last year Turkey was found guilty of violating the article by the European court of human rights when it banned Apollinaire's erotic novel The Eleven Thousand Rods.Released two years after his best-known work Naked Lunch – which saw Burroughs himself prosecuted on grounds of obscenity in the US in 1962 – The Soft Machine is the first book in the Beat writer's surreal "cut-up trilogy". Featuring scenes of drug addiction and homosexuality, The Soft Machine develops "attitudes that were permissive to crime by concentrating on the banal, vulgar and weak attributes of humanity", according to a report by the Turkish Prime Ministerial Board for the Protection of Children from Harmful Publications, quoted in Turkish paper Hurriyet.The Council also accused the novel of "incompliance with moral norms" and "hurting people's moral feelings"."Of course we are fighting it [and] we will win," said Sanci's daughter Bilge Sanci, executive editor at his publishing house Sel Yayincilik. "This book is a symbol of an author of the Beat generation.""Turkish readers have the right to read books the rest of the world can read," she added. "And we haven't had any complaints from readers. The state's argument is about 'Turkish moral codes' but we are asking 'how can the state can dictate a person's morality?'"A statement prepared by Sel said that it is "meaningless to expect William S Burroughs, who was not raised in accordance with the National Education Law, or as an individual who 'identifies with the national, moral, humanitarian, material and spiritual cultural values of Turkish society, and who always tries to exalt his family, country and nation,' to have produced a text within this framework"."It is clear and obvious that this case carries no weight or respectability outside of the borders of our country," said Sel. "We demand an end to investigations that constrain our activities and the prosecution of books for any reason whatsoever."IPA Freedom to Publish Committee chair Bjørn Smith-Simonsen called the prosecution "undemocratic, anachronistic and unworthy of a modern and open society ... Sanci is being harassed for doing his publisher's job. At a time when freedom to publish conditions deteriorate again in Turkey, it is urgent to stop these practices and to leave Irfan Sanci alone."Hmmmm....welcome to Turkey Iranian style?Read the full story here.
- Afghan dies in apparent suicide at Guantanamo.(Emirates247).An Afghan detainee at the Guantanamo Bay prison died Wednesday in an apparent suicide, the US military said.The prisoner, known only by the name Inayatullah, was not conscious or breathing when guards checked on him in the morning, and they immediately tried to resuscitate him, US Southern Command said in a statement."After extensive lifesaving measures had been exhausted, the detainee was pronounced dead by a physician," the statement said.The apparent suicide was under investigation by the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, which is standard practice for the death of a detainee at the US Navy base in Cuba, said spokesman Bob Appin said in a phone interview from Miami.Navy Lt. Cmdr. Heidi Lenzini said the military would not immediately disclose any details about the circumstances of the death, including the method of the apparent suicide or in which section of Guantanamo the prisoner was detained. There are about 170 men held at Guantanamo, most on suspicion of links to al-Qaida or the Taliban.Inayatullah had been held without charge at Guantanamo since September 2007. The military said he was an admitted planner for al Qaida terrorist operations, and acknowledged facilitating the movement of foreign fighters. Inayatullah met with local operatives, developed travel routes and coordinated documentation, accommodation and vehicles for smuggling al-Qaida militants through Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan and Iraq, according to the statement.His remains would be treated with respect for Islamic culture and traditions with the assistance of a cultural adviser, the military said, with his body being be sent to Afghanistan after an autopsy.He is the eighth prisoner to die at the detention center since January 2002, when the US began using the US Navy base to hold captured detainees. Five of the deaths were declared suicides. Two others were from apparently natural causes, including a 48-year-old Afghan who collapsed and died while exercising in February. Inayatullah is the eighth.Hmmmm........Read the full story here.
- Brussels: Vlaams Belang wants action against Muslim drivers who refuse to take dogs.(IslamInEurope).Via HLN (Dutch):Muslim taxi drivers in Brussels are increasingly refusing to take dogs, even assistance dogs, says Vlaams Belang. The party says that many of the taxi drivers in Brussels are Muslim.The taxi drivers refuse dogs saying it's freedom of religion, but the law says that assistance dogs should be allowed in all public places, including taxis.The party will raise these violations with the responsible minister, and says that taxi drivers who act so 'fundamentally' should have their license revoked.Hmmmm....The religion of peace.Read the full story here.