Tuesday, May 17, 2011
- Syria Live Blog - May 17. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Libya Live Blog - May 17. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan today 4.7 activity. More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 112. Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- Obama's draft speech to urge '67 borders, negate PA's state bid.(Ynet).US president's coming speech about Washington's Mideast policy to demand PA recognize Israel, drop unilateral UN bid for statehood, while urging Israel to return to '67 lines, cease settlement expansion.WASHINGTON - US President Barack Obama is set to give his next political speech at 6pm Thursday, just hours before Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu leaves for Washington and according to a draft of the speech, obtained by Yedioth Ahronoth, the American president's Middle East policy, though unwavering, may not be as discordant as some have feared. Obama is expected to urge Israel to return to the 1967 lines while negating the Palestinian Authority's planned unilateral bid for statehood in September. According to the draft – which may change again by Thursday – Obama will call on Jerusalem and Ramallah to reignite the stalled Israeli-Palestinian peace process, saying it is the only way to achieve viable peace. Obama stands to demand the Palestinian Authority recognize Israel as the Jewish state, and that the Palestinians unequivocally abandon terror. He is also likely to stress Israel must cease any settlement expansion in the West Bank and further avoid any act which could be construed as changing the status quo on the ground.The subject of Jerusalem also stands to be included in the American president's speech: Washington sees the city as the capital of both Israel and the Palestinian state, with its east Jerusalem neighborhoods – which are largely populated by Palestinians – under the PA's sovereignty, and its Jewish neighborhoods under Israeli sovereignty.Following Netanyahu's vehement speech before the Knesset plenum Sunday, it seems Washington has decided to lower its expectations of Netanyahu.Still, State Department Spokesman Mark Toner said that the White House was not "as pessimistic" as reported, adding that the peace process "faces immense challenges." Hmmmm... The most anti Israel US President evah!Recognising Islamic Terrorists and condemming settlers.I wonder how deep he will trust the knife in Israel's back on ThursdayRead the full story here.
- Iranian aid ships turned back from Bahrain.(Al-Jazeera).Two ships carrying Iranian activists return to docks after facing "threats" from warships en route to Bahrain. Two ships carrying 120 Iranian activists sailed for Bahrain on Monday in an act of solidarity with the island country's Shia majority population.The Iranian government ordered the two boats to return, while activists threw into the water letters they were carrying as "moral support" to Bahraini Shia, a journalist for Iran's English-language Press TV reported live aboard one of the vessels.The ships turned back towards Iran at a halfway point after facing "the emergence of threats" from warships belonging to a coalition of Gulf states which have lent support to Bahrain in its crackdown on anti-government demonstrators, the Washington Post reported, citing an announcement on the activists' website.Iranian authorities did not try to stop the ships' trip, the website said, according to the Washington Post.Mahdi Eghrarian, an organiser of the trip, earlier told the semi-official Fars news agency that the ships had embarked at the southwestern port of Dayyer.A third of the activists were women, 10 were children, and nobody on board was armed, Eghrarian said.The group is carrying 5,000 letters which convey the Iranian people's "moral support", he said, for the Shia of Bahrain."We've started moving towards international waters. We will carry on sailing towards Bahrain's borders as far as possible in order to be able to hand over letters and messages of the Iranian nation to the Bahraini nation," Eghrarian said according to Fars.Last month, Iranian authorities stopped two boats carrying Iranian students from leaving the southern port city of Bushehr for Bahrain in a similar show of solidarity.Bahrain, a tiny island country in the Gulf, has a majority Shia population but is ruled by a Sunni king, who has cracked down on dissent since pro-democracy protests broke out in February.Hmmmm....To be continued.Read the full story here.
- Why Is a Delegation From Iran Coming to the United States?(Fox).On May 17th, an Iranian economic and trade delegation will be traveling to the U.S. to participate in the Futurallia International Business Development Forum.Mohammad-Reza Sabzalipour, director of the Iranian World Trade Center, who announced this news to a group of reporters, said: “A sixteen-person delegation comprised of private sector Iranians has been invited by the U.S. to attend this three-day conference in Kansas City. Eight hundred trade delegations from thirty countries are expected to participate. This Forum can set the stage and provide the necessary groundwork for the development of international trade and business relations for Iran’s private sector.”Sabzalipour emphasized that sanctions have neither been very effective, nor a deterrent in Iran’s private sector relations with the U.S. He added: “Though Iran is facing sanctions and the U.S. is the host of this Forum, they could have omitted us from the list of participants but luckily, they did not. The members of our delegations have all also been given three-month visas.”Reportedly the Iranian companies participating in the forum will be from the industrial sector, which includes producers and manufacturers of chemical materials, household items, paint and coloring, food stuffs and chocolate. A financial analyst is also expected to be accompanying the delegation.The Iranian leaders, who have continuously refused to give in to U.N. demands to halt their nuclear enrichment program and are under four sets of U.N. Security Council sanctions, must be jubilant that the Obama administration is backpedaling on the mandated sanctions and has allowed the State Department to issue them visas and host the delegation here in the United States.This is in addition to the recent secret meeting in Dubai between officials from the Obama administration and the Iranian delegates sent by President Ahmadinejad! According to reports from Iran, in late January/early February, a group calling itself “a trade association” — all of its members belong to security forces close to Ahmadinejad — traveled to Dubai where they held clandestine meetings with two American officials with political and military connections.President Obama, who started his approach toward the radical Islamists ruling Iran by extending a hand, turning his back on the Iranian people with their aspirations for freedom and democracy, and hoping that he could be the first U.S. president to break the ice with the Jihadists in Tehran, soon learned that the Iranian leaders cannot be appeased into changing their behavior. He then moved forward with the sanctions process believing that at some cost, the leaders in Iran will think twice about their nuclear program. So now the Obama administration has completely thrown in the towel by initiating steps to restart a dialog signaling to the Iranians that America is too weak to confront the Islamic regime, a regime that brutally suppresses its people and supports worldwide terrorism, endangering global stability and our national security.Instead of allowing the Iranian delegation’s travel to U.S., Mr. Obama should instead openly announce his disgust with the regime in Iran for their crimes against humanity, for torturing and murdering Iranian citizens, for genocide against religious minorities, for involvement in international terrorism, and for killing American soldiers serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.Lets us refuse to allow these very people, who have the blood of our heroes on their hands, to enter the U.S. and to attend the Forum in Kansas City.Hmmmm....Follow the dots....Iran ....Turkey....Erdogan....Obama weekly calls to erdogan it's as simple as that.IMPEACH.Read the full story here.
- Obama: “My People, You Continue to Have My Blessing.”(WhiteHouseDossier).by Keith Koffler.What kind of political leader tells his supporters this?
My belief in you has not lessened.
President Obama does. That’s what he said toward the end a speech at a campaign fundraiser last night in Washington to a relatively youthful crowd of supporters he was trying spur back toward the energy level of 2008.He still believes in what he believes, which is also what they believe, he said.
The vision that brought us together in 2008, that’s undiminished in me.
And best of all, our Leader let it be known, thankfully, that he continues to have faith in you and me as well.
The confidence I have in the American people, in their decency, that’s undiminished. My faith that we can make tough choices on behalf of future generations, that’s undiminished.
I just, I’m just, I’m really just crying right now.Excuse me.Hmmm.....Do presidents get periodically a mental healthcheck?Read the full 'story' here.
- The Unraveling of the great Ponzi Scheme.(BigGovernment).The news media in this country are in a stupor. Either out of ignorance, or complete leftist bias and fraud to protect their socialist hero Barack Obama, the mainstream media has turned a blind eye toward the enormous disaster facing our economy. The greatest Ponzi scheme in world history is coming to an end, leaving America on the precipice of economic Armageddon. Here are the facts the mainstream media does not want you to see- hiding in plain site just like Osama bin Laden was.Bill Gross is the world’s biggest bond trader. He runs the PIMCO bond fund with over $250 billion under management. He recently disclosed through financial filings that PIMCO has sold every single U.S. bond in its portfolio. Local, state, federal bonds- all sold off. Gross knows bonds are about to default in record numbers. And most importantly, he knows that the last resort of the Federal Reserve buying our own government’s bonds at auction is a certain sign of Armageddon. When no one is left to buy your own debt but you, you have reached the end of a Ponzi Scheme.Then there is legendary Wall Street investor Stanley Druckenmiller. He, too, is calling the Fed’s bond purchases a fraud and a Ponzi scheme. Druckenmiller says, “There is a phony buyer of $19 billion per week of Treasury Bonds.” The phony buyer he refers to is the U.S. government. Druckenmiller knows that when a country resorts to buying its own debt, we are seeing the last days of the Roman Empire.Another Wall Street legend, Jim Rogers, spoke out at a business conference last week. He said he plans to short sell (bet against) U.S. bonds with both hands. Rogers added, “If any of you have bonds, I would urge you to go home and sell them. If any of you are bond portfolio managers, I would get another job…if I were you, I would think about becoming a farmer.”Finally, we have the opinion of municipal bond expert Meredith Whitney, named by Fortune magazine as “one of the 50 most powerful women in business,” and by Time magazine as “one of the 100 most influential people.” She sees America in financial ruin with 50 to 100 cities defaulting on their debt in the next year.What do these financial legends know that the rest of us do not?First of all, reality is catching up to America. The Ponzi scheme of printing fake money to pay real bills is coming to an end. The jig is up- there is no way to sustain America’s massive welfare state anymore. When the Stimulus runs out, states will face disaster. The federal government currently pays for 30% of the states’ bills. Without that welfare from the feds, the game is over for the states.But that is just the start. The states pay 40% of the bills of their cities. As soon as that welfare ends, look for mounting numbers of municipalities to declare bankruptcy and default on their debts. The vicious cycle is only getting started.On the federal level, the trustees of both Social Security and Medicare admitted just this past week that their massive Ponzi schemes are running on empty. Both funds are running out of money far sooner than projected. Social Security will now run a permanent deficit. It is also important to remember there is no money in the “lock box.” All that is in the lock box is worthless paper IOU’s. It has all been spent. The Ponzi scheme is unraveling.Even more foreboding, 10% inflation is a leading indicator of hyperinflation on the way. Any rise in inflation would force dramatic raises in interest rates, which would eat up the entire budget. Game over for America.History always repeats. This vicious cycle of misery will force massive layoffs of government employees, and massive cuts in entitlements and social services. This will result in Greece-like levels of protests, government employee union strikes, unrest, and riots.The ancient Chinese proverb says, “May you live in interesting times.” We are all watching history. This is the unraveling of a Ponzi scheme.Hmmmm....Game over ,the 'walking,talking doomsday machine ' did his job America is no more.Read the full story here.
- Former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum: "the President is a failure, and continues to fail".(HughHewitt).
HH: In Israel yesterday on three different borders, Palestinians attempted to rush the border and break through. Many people think this is Syrian orchestrated in one instance to divert attention. What ought the response of the United States be before these things become endemic and repetitive?
RS: Well, one of the problems we have is we have a president who is not a supporter of Israel. I mean, they’ve basically created a moral equivalence of building a house in East Jerusalem to throwing, to lobbing Scud missiles at, in neighborhoods in Israel. There is no moral equivalence, but in the idea of this administration, it’s actually worse to build a house than it is for Hamas to attack the Israelis. And I think that what you’re seeing is a group of folks who are emboldened by the fact that the United States has been less supportive of Israel, and so they’re pushing. They’re prodding. That’s what enemies of the United States are doing all over the world. It’s in Central and South America, to the Middle East, to the Far East. You’re seeing folks who are taking liberties, because they believe that this president doesn’t have what it takes, on a strategic level, to deal with all of these problems popping up around the world.
HH: Now Rick Santorum, the President got a bump, a justifiable bump, for the killing of bin Laden. Does that in any way impact your assessment of how he’s going in Egypt, Libya and Syria?
RS: Well, no, it doesn’t, because Egypt, Libya and Syria are all contingencies that occurred on his watch, where he had to develop policies, strategic policy, to respond to the problem that has been confronted. And he’s done a horrible job. I mean, absolutely missed, and throw on top of that Iran, he’s done a horrible job in protecting America’s interests, and reassuring our allies, and at the same time, making sure our enemies know that we are to be feared and respected. What he did with Osama bin Laden was very simple. What he did was execute a tactical maneuver to, and by the way, that was recommended by everybody. I mean, it’s not like he was going against any recommendations. He was going with every recommendation that was made to him to carry out a military tactic consistent with George Bush’s policies. So this is, you know, I give him, yeah, he said yes. But he said yes on a tactical level to something that had already been strategically put in place ten years before he even came into office. So no, I think when it comes to protecting the United States, and putting together a strategic plan that does so, the President is a failure, and continues to fail.Hmmmm....."The truth nothing but the truth"?Read the full story here.
- America - The Expanding policestate :Random House to House Searches Authorized.(SHTF).The latest violation of the right to be safe in our homes and our persons comes from the Indiana Supreme Court:According to Newton County Sheriff, Don Hartman Sr., random house to house searches are now possible and could be helpful following the Barnes v. STATE of INDIANA Supreme Court ruling issued on May 12th, 2011. When asked three separate times due to the astounding callousness as it relates to trampling the inherent natural rights of Americans, he emphatically indicated that he would use random house to house checks, adding he felt people will welcome random searches if it means capturing a criminal.Granted, this is a State Supreme Court and the US Supreme Court could throw out the decision as unconstitutional, we aren’t holding our breath. Just yesterday, the US Supreme Court ruled 8 to 1 that Kentucky police who smelled marijuana at an apartment door, knocked loudly and announced themselves, and then kicked in the door when they thought the drugs were being destroyed did nothing wrong. The similarities in the rulings cannot be ignored. You see, in the Kentucky US Supreme Court ruling, the police officers who kicked in the door had been tracking a criminal in the area. As they were walking around the neighborhood, they indicated that they smelled marijuana, and came to the conclusion that the criminal they were tracking must be the one smoking it. They then kicked the door down. The resident of that dwelling, who had no relation to the original criminal or crime committed, was then arrested.No matter your stance on marijuana laws, Karl Denninger highlights why this is a dangerous precedent:The primary problem with these sorts of cases, of course, is that the law exists at all on this basis. We create circumstances in which the police have to manufacture cause to bust in a door behind which adults are peacefully conducting themselves in consensual conduct. Having passed laws that are logically indefensible from the first principle that you own your person we are then forced to create more and more elements fo an outright police state to “enforce” these misguided and logically defective statutes.First the government provided billions in funding for street cameras for just about every major intersection in the country. They required roving bug technology in all new cell phones. They created cyber security divisions whose sole purpose is to monitor internet traffic – everything from email and text messaging to phone calls and online community forums. They even made investments into large internet firms so that they can create and monitor social trends and relationships. To store, process and cross examine all of the data, they created Fusion centers in most U.S. metropolitan areas.As if that weren’t enough, the government is now further expanding its power. They tell us what to eat – what’s healthy (e.g. GMO foods and rBST infused milk) and what’s bad for our diet (natural foods, sugar, salt). They tell us when and where to go for health care. They decide who can be groped in public and why.Now, they can choose to enter your home, for virtually any reason, and if you happen to be breaking one of the tens of thousands of laws that exist on the books, you are jailed. Even if you aren’t breaking the law, and completely within your Constitutional, State and local rights, you may end up like Mark Fiorino, a 25-year-old IT worker who was recently detained by police for lawfully open carrying a firearm. Police assumed he was breaking the law (apparently they didn’t know the law). He wasn’t. That didn’t stop them from threatening to shoot him. He was eventually released and not arrested for the firearm issue. He was, however, arrested after he released a Youtube audio clip of the encounter. According to police. Fiorino was charged with reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct because he refused to cooperate with police.Hmmmm......"CHANGE" and you asked for it!Read the full story here.
- A QUESTION OF ELIGIBILITY.Nordyke numbers expose Obama document fraud?(WND).
Newly found details about birth registration show president's certificate out of sequence.NEW YORK – Newly unearthed information about Hawaii's procedure for numbering birth records at the time Barack Obama was born casts further doubt on the authenticity of the short-form and long-form birth certificates published online with the president's authority. Details about the registration procedure are significant, because some analysts have wondered how Obama could have been issued a registration number that is higher than the numbers of the published birth certificates of Susan and Gretchen Nordyke, which were registered three days later than the president's.
Some have speculated that even though Obama's birth certificate was received by the registrar Aug. 8, 1961, the registration number could have been assigned a few days later by a clerk processing a batch that included the Nordyke twins' birth records.But a 1955 article by Charles Bennett, Hawaii's registrar general in 1961, and George Tokuyama, chief of the registration and records section for the state's Department of Health, stated birth certificates were numbered immediately upon acceptance by the registrar-general. The article published in the November-December 1955 issue of the Hawaii Medical Journal, titled "Vital Records in Hawaii," makes clear that the territory was streamlining and structuring an undisciplined vital records system to comply with U.S. Bureau of Census practices in preparation for statehood in 1959.As WND reported, the numbers on the long-form birth certificates issued by Kapi'olani hospital to the Nordyke twins are lower than the number assigned to Obama's published birth certificates, even though the president's birth record indicates it was accepted by the registrar-general three days earlier. Susan Nordyke, the first twin, was born at 2:12 p.m. Hawaii time on Aug. 5, 1961, and was given Certificate No. 151 – 61 – 10637, which was filed with the Hawaii registrar Aug. 11, 1961. Gretchen Nordyke, the second twin, was born at 2:17 p.m. Aug. 5, 1961, and was given Certificate No. 151 – 61 – 10638, which was also filed with the Hawaii registrar Aug. 11, 1961. Yet, according to the Certification of Live Birth released by FactCheck.org during the 2008 presidential campaign – and now according to the long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate the White House released last month – Obama was given a higher certificate number than the Nordyke twins. Obama was given Certificate No. 151 – 61 – 10641, even though he was born Aug. 4, 1961, the day before the Nordyke twins, and his birth was registered with the Hawaii Department of Health registrar three days earlier, on Aug. 8, 1961.These facts suggest that if the two Obama documents are forgeries, the forger was unaware of the Nordyke twins' birth certificates, which were first published July 28, 2009, in an article in the Honolulu Advertiser, more than one year after Obama's short-form Certification of Live Birth was posted by the Daily Kos.A search of Hawaii newspapers indicates 13 babies were born in Hawaii on Aug. 4, 1961, and 22 on Aug. 5, 1961, suggesting Obama's birth certificate number should be about 30 to 50 digits lower that the Nordyke twins' numbers. Since the Hawaii DOH will not allow an open inspection of the August 1961 birth records, it is impossible to know how many birth certificates the registrar general filed and numbered between Aug. 8 and Aug. 11, 1961.Hmmmm....All this is beside the main point:it's impossible for a person whose father isn't a US citizen to be "natural born". case closed.Read the full story here.
- Homeland Security ends immigrant registration that targeted men from Muslim countries.(Freep).The U.S. government has ended a controversial counterterrorism program created in the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks that required men living in the U.S. who came from mostly Muslim countries to register with federal authorities.Called NSEERS -- National Security Entry-Exit Registration System -- the program required registration, interviews and fingerprinting of male visitors 16 and older from Muslim nations as well as North Korea.NSEERS did "not catch terrorists," said Shoba Sivaprasad Wadhia, a law professor at Penn State University who has extensively researched the program. "It was ineffective and alienating."The Department of Homeland Security quietly ended the program through a notice buried on its Web site on April 28.In 2003, long lines formed at federal immigration offices in Detroit as anxious men from Arab and other countries waited to be registered under a new counterterrorism program.The government said the registration, including fingerprinting and interviews, was needed to help secure the country in the war on terrorism. But many felt it was ethnic harassment."They treated us like animals," Siefeddine Siefeddine, 44, of Dearborn recalled Friday.The Lebanon native says he went through a registration process from 9 a.m.-7 p.m., only to be told to report back the next day.Across the U.S., about 80,000 men like him -- those 16 or older from 24 Muslim-majority countries and North Korea who already lived in the U.S. -- eventually were registered though the domestic part of NSEERS, the National Security Entry-Exit Registration System. Many were interrogated, and all had to report back periodically.The program caused intense anxiety for many Arab-Americans and Muslims, split up families and led to thousands of deportations for minor immigration violations. But in the end, it didn't catch a single terrorist, experts say.The program effectively ended April 28 when the Department of Homeland Security removed the 25 countries from the NSEERS.The countries were Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Egypt, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen."It's a welcome step in the right direction," said Imad Hamad, regional director of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee. "This was way overdue."In many ways, the registration requirement was an example of government overkill in the war on terrorism, he and others said."It was ineffective and a waste of government resources," said Nabih Ayad, a Canton attorney who represented men registered under NSEERS, including Siefeddine. "It was racial profiling on its face."Out of the 80,000 U.S. residents who were registered, 13,799 were referred for further investigations and 2,870 were detained.Many were deported for immigration violations that ordinarily would not have been a priority for law enforcement.Shoba Sivaprasad Wadhia, an attorney and law professor who heads the Center for Immigrants' Rights at Penn State University, cowrote a report in 2009 on NSEERS that said the program was discriminatory and ineffective."Any policing methods based on profiling will fail -- as was the case with NSEERS," said Abed Ayoub, a Dearborn native who is the national legal director for the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee.SUMMARY: This is a notice of the Presidential declaration of a major disaster for the State of California (FEMA–1968–DR), dated April 18, 2011, and related determinations.DATES: Effective Date: April 18, 2011..Hmmmm....Now registering immigrants from the North Pole a known hotbed for terrorists?Read the full story here.More here.
- U.S. probe to look at border concerns of Muslims.(Freep).The U.S. government has launched an investigation into allegations that federal agents at several U.S.-Canada border crossings in Michigan repeatedly harassed, jailed and body searched Muslims because of their background or appearance.In a letter sent this week to a local Muslim group, Margo Schlanger, the head of Civil Rights and Civil Liberties in the Department of Homeland Security, said her office has received accounts of "repeated handcuffing, brandishing of weapons, prolonged detentions, invasive and humiliating body searches at the border, and inappropriate questioning that pertains to religion and religious practices."The investigation comes in response to complaints filed in March by the Council on American-Islamic Relations with the Department of Justice and the Department of Homeland Security.The council said it was concerned that agents were even asking people about their prayer schedules.Muslims, Arab Americans, south Asians and other minorities have complained for years about being harassed at border crossings. Now, some say it's getting worse."It really makes you feel humiliated," said Wissam Charafeddine, 34, of Dearborn, who says he gets repeatedly jailed at the border. "It doesn't make you feel like you're in America."Hmmmmm.....Amazing how many times Cair must intervene for people from Dearborn
istanbeing 'profiled'?Read the full story here.
- Meanwhile in Europe : German Jihad - Homegrown Terror Takes on New Dimensions.(Spiegel).Osama bin Laden may be dead, but al-Qaida is alive and well in Germany. Each month, an average of five Islamists leave the country for terrorist training camps in the Afghanistan-Pakistan border area. Recent arrests in Düsseldorf show just how dangerous homegrown terror has become.It isn't easy being a militant Islamist, as Abdeladim el-K. and Jamil S. learned on a Tuesday two weeks ago. The two men were sitting in a two-room apartment on Witzelstrasse in the German city of Düsseldorf, complaining to each other about how complicated it is to build a functioning bomb. "Bomb is not so difficult as detonator," said Abdeladim el-K., "because detonator more dangerous than bomb."The al-Qaida handbooks make it all sound so easy. You buy charcoal lighters and extract the hexamine, and already you have a component for a bomb. Apparently the method works everywhere, except possibly in Germany, where charcoal lighters have a different chemical composition than in other countries. In Düsseldorf, investigators would later discover a cooking pot the two men may have wanted to use to boil down the lighters.The apartment was under surveillance, as were the men's phones and computers. The police had been listening in on the two men's conversations for weeks, except when the sound of the television or the washing machine drowned out what they were saying. On Wednesday, when the men, speaking in broken German, began discussing "making an attack at bus stop" or possibly on a bus, the federal prosecutor's office decided to move in rather than wait until the would-be terrorists had built their bomb and were ready to use it.On the morning of Friday, April 29, police arrested Moroccan national Abdeladim el-K., 29, German-Moroccan electrician Jamil S., 31 and German-Iranian student Amid C., 19, who was on the verge of taking his final examinations prior to graduating from high school.At the center of the investigation in Düsseldorf was Abdeladim el-K., who investigators believe was the leader of the cell. He had allegedly brought the virus of Islamist terror from Afghanistan to Düsseldorf and had been in contact with Atiyah Abd al-Rahman, a senior member of al-Qaida. The two men had apparently met in an al-Qaida training camp in Pakistan, and it appeared that el-K. was al-Qaida's man for the Rhine-Ruhr region of western Germany.Hmmmm....On the other hand it seems in America the Obama regime thinks after killing Osama there's no longer an Al-qaida?If no longer checked you can travel wherever you want.Read the full story here.
- HHS: Pelosi had no influence on healthcare waivers to her district.(TheHill).House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) had no influence on the healthcare waivers granted last month to businesses in her district, an official with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) said Tuesday. Republican leaders on and off Capitol Hill had slammed the Obama administration for granting a growing number of health-reform waivers to constituents of the top House Democrat. But Steve Larsen, director of HHS’ Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight, said those businesses were given no special treatment. “These temporary waivers are necessary to help ensure that the waiters, dishwashers, maids, home health aides, and other hardworking people can keep the health coverage they have, while we transition to 2014, when they will have access to affordable coverage in a competitive marketplace,” Larsen told The Hill in an email. Republicans – including House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and former-Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin – were quick to pounce, suggesting that Pelosi's constituents were given special treatment.“It looks like ObamaCare’s backroom sweetheart deals didn’t end when it became law,” Boehner spokesman Michael Steel told the Daily Caller. Palin weighed in as well, accusing the Obama administration of corruption for granting the waivers to constituents of a key Democratic ally.“Seriously, this is corrupt,” Palin told the Daily Caller. "And anyone who still supports the Pelosi-Reid-Obama agenda of centralized government takeovers of the free market and the corresponding crony capitalism is, in my book, complicit.Republicans also played up the news of businesses in Pelosi’s district racing to be exempt from certain requirements of the new healthcare law.“Remember when former Speaker Pelosi said we needed to pass the ObamaCare bill to find out what was in it?” Steel told The Hill in an email. “I guess once they found out, the high-end eateries and spas in her Congressional District weren’t big fans.”Hmmmm....Thugocracy or Democracy?Read the full story here.
- Egyptian Military Regime: Country's Economy At bottom Point.An economic review by the Egyptian Armed Forces Supreme Council stated that the rate of foreign investment in Egypt had dropped to zero, tourism revenues had fallen by 80%, unemployment was nearing 70%, and the public debt stands now at $180 billion. The council warned against continued deterioration in the country's economic situation.The supreme military command of the Egyptian armed forces warned about the deteriorating condition of the economy while emphasizing that the size of foreign direct investment in the country was "zero."
According to Major-Genenaral (liwaa) Mahmood Nasr, a member of the supreme military command and assistant to the minister of defense for financial affairs, the international rating of Egypt has been reduced close to a "risky" grade and the tourism revenue has declined by 80%. He said that Egypt was losing $40 million a day as a result of the halt in tourism. The recent sectarian events involving Salafists and an Egyptian Coptic minority has resulted in the cancelation of many tourism programs and the loss of employment in hotels.
Nasr referred to the rise in the poverty rates at 70% while external debt was now 90% of gross domestic product. State revenues have been adversely affected because factories have suspended work (often due to strikes) causing the treasury a loss of income between 10-20 billion Egyptian pounds ($1.66-$3.33 billion for this month alone and the beginning of the next.In the meantime, the minister of finance Dr. Samir Radhwan announced that he expects to reach an agreement with the World Bank shortly to grant Egypt loans in the amount of $2.2 billion. He said that he will soon announce a package of new measures to jumpstart the economy. Hmmmm.....Quickly Catching up with the US "Change"?Or is it the other way around?Read the full story here.More here.
- China Sold Treasurys Again in March.(WSJ)WASHINGTON—China sold U.S. Treasury securities in March, reducing its holdings for the fifth straight month while remaining the largest foreign holder, the Treasury Department said Monday. Overall, foreigners were net buyers of long-term U.S. financial assets in March, according to the monthly Treasury International Capital report, known as TIC. China's holdings fell $9.20 billion to $1.145 trillion, following net selling of $600 million in February. Meanwhile, Japan has been a heavy net buyer in recent months, accumulating Treasurys at record levels. Japan remained the second-largest holder of Treasurys, lifting its holdings to $907.9 billion from $890.3 billion in February. Among all foreign investors, net purchases of U.S. Treasury notes and bonds totaled $26.78 billion, compared with net buying of $30.58 billion in February. Private foreign investors bought a net $19.54 billion Treasury notes and bonds, after buying a net of $14.72 billion the previous month. The closely watched total of net long-term securities transactions showed total buying of $24.0 billion in March, after purchases of $27.2 billion the month before. More broadly, net purchases of long-term U.S. securities, including transactions that don't occur on the open market, totaled $11.7 billion following net buying of $16.1 billion the month before. The monthly Treasury report highlights cross-border acquisitions of securities with maturities of more than one year, including non-market transactions such as stock swaps and principal repayment on asset-backed securities.Read the full story here.
- Egyptian Shaykh: Muslim Scholars Say That FGM Is Either Obligatory or Commendable.(TranslatingJihad).Okay, another question from the letters sent in. The brother says, "Shaykh Muhammad, settle the controversy for us surrounding circumcision." My brother, we have talked about circumcision many times. I counsel every Muslim man on the face of the earth, and also every Muslim woman on the face of the earth: Brother, take the little bit of trouble it requires to get yourself a book of fiqh! Inconvenience yourself a little for Allah's sake. Just take five minutes. Any book--do you have the book "Fiqh al-Sunna" by Shaykh Sayyid Sabiq (may Allah have mercy on him)? Do you have "Al-Mughni" by Ibn al-Qudama, or "Kitab al-Umm" by Imam al-Shafi'i? Do you have Fath al-Bari's explanation of Sahih al-Bukhari? Any of the books of fiqh--I mentioned to you some books of fiqh and some books of hadith--open any of the books of fiqh. Open them. That's it, plain and simple. Review the words of scholars. Don't just take the words of Muhammad Hassan, or this shaykh, or that shaykh. Look at any of the books of fiqh from our imams, respected leaders, and scholars--ask them. You will find that our scholars have said that circumcision of women--there are some who say that it is obligatory while others say that it is commendable. Some say it is obligatory, and others say it is commendable. There are some scholars who say it is obligatory, and there are some who say it is commendable. Thus I say before Almighty Allah…that the female Muslim doctor, the female Muslim doctor, decides whether or not this girl needs circumcision. It might be that the girl does not need circumcision. That's an entirely natural situation. But if this news were to get out, it could upset her relationship with husband. It would upset her marital life. The female Muslim doctor might also decide that the girl needs circumcision. Of course this does not mean that I am subjecting the religion to inspection from a doctor. No, my brothers, this does not mean that I subject evidence from the shari'a to review from a doctor! But rather, I refer to the doctor because he confirms evidence from the shari'a. Brothers, pay attention to this--I do not subject the shari'a to examination from the doctor, for the doctor to determine whether the shari'a is healthy or not. Rather I refer the evidence from the shari'a, or I refer the case to the doctor, to confirm the object of the evidence from the shari'a. …some of them say it is required, and some say it is recommended. I am not saying consult a barber, but consult a female doctor sister. The female doctor will decide, she might say this girl is normal or she might say that this part is excessive then you reduce it. This is justice. I don’t know why a German, British or American entity (thinks it can) come to us to decide for us the circumcision of our daughters! Why should they decide on matters of our girls and women? We base our religion on Allah’s book and the sayings of our beloved prophet and our scholars. Just study the issue in any book of fiqh. If we read the words of our scholars, and we review what the good scholars said, we will see that the issue is not new, and there is evidence for it in the book of our Lord or in the Sunnah of the Messenger (peace be upon him). I ask Almighty Allah to protect our women and girls, for He is capable over all things.Read and see the full story here.
- What, no Chianti?But Vodka? Russian Hannibal Lecter cannibal caught feasting on human liver stew and potatoes.(DailyMail).Russian police have tracked down a suspected killer after finding half-eaten human remains in his fridge. Police found their suspect in his Moscow home eating a human liver with some potatoes before finding the remains of the organ in a stew.In gory scenes reminiscent of the horror film The Silence of The Lambs, the officers tracked down a man after a trail of body parts were found scattered across the capital.Police said they have detained the suspected killer, who has been dubbed 'Hannibal Lectrovsky', who they believe is behind the recent mysterious appearance of dismembered body parts.The decapitated head of a middle-aged man was found in the Moscow River last week after hands, feet and arms were found elsewhere.'When the police came to arrest the suspect, he was eating a human liver with potatoes,' a police spokeswoman for the Moscow's western district said.The police spokeswoman said the cause of the acquaintance's death was not clear.'Detectives established the identity of the dead body by taking fingerprints,' police spokesman Alexei Savalyev told Russian news agency Ria Novosti.'After that police tracked down the suspected offender through a circle of the deceased's friends.'The prosecutor general's main investigative unit said the suspect had owned up to the sick crime: '(The suspect) admitted his crime and that he had eaten part of his acquaintance's liver.'Police say the suspect may suffer from mental illness.Hmmmm...No really Sherlock?Read the full story here.
Hamas MP and Cleric Yunis Al-Astal: The Jews Were Brought to Palestine for the "Great Massacre" through which Allah Will "Relieve Humanity of Their Evil"
Transcript: Yunis Al-Astal: The [Jews] are brought in droves to Palestine so that the Palestinians – and the Islamic nation behind them – will have the honor of annihilating the evil of this gang. All the predators, all the birds of prey, all the dangerous reptiles and insects, and all the lethal bacteria are far less dangerous than the Jews. In just a few years, all the Zionists and the settlers will realize that their arrival in Palestine was for the purpose of the great massacre, by means of which Allah wants to relieve humanity of their evil.
When Palestine is liberated and its people return to it, and the entire region, with the grace of Allah, will have turned into the United States of Islam, the land of Palestine will become the capital of the Islamic Caliphate, and all these countries will turn into states within the Caliphate. When this happens, any Palestinian will be able to live anywhere, because the land of Islam is the property of all Muslims.
Until this happens, we must reject all the resettlement plans, naturalization, or even reparations prior to the return of the refugees. Source.
Posted by Will at 9:51 AM
- Syria Live Blog - May 17. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Libya Live Blog - May 17. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan today 4.7 activity. More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 112. Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Here.
- Issa: Obama regime Drafts Executive Order to Bypass Congress, Exempts Unions.(BigGovernment).In another developing story Issa went on to say that President Obama is drafting an Executive Order that will allow him to bypass Congress when legislation favored by the Administration fails to pass.Chillingly, he points out that the Executive Order draft proposes to require federal contractors to disclose donations to third-party political groups — an attempt to politicize the procurement process — while exempting unions from doing so as well.Hmmmm......Thugocracy or Democracy?Read the full story here.
- Plea Deal for Somali Muslim Pirates Who Murdered 4 Americans.NORFOLK, Va. (AP) -- Eight men charged with piracy in the hijacking of a yacht that left four Americans dead will enter plea agreements, according to court documents.The men are among 15 people from Somalia and Yemen who had previously pleaded not guilty to piracy, kidnapping and firearms charges in the February hijacking of the yacht Quest in the Gulf of Aden.Prosecutors contend the men boarded the boat in an effort to hold its passengers for ransom.The owners of the Quest, Jean and Scott Adam of Marina del Rey, Calif., along with friends Bob Riggle and Phyllis Macay of Seattle, were shot to death several days after they were taken hostage several hundred miles south of Oman.The U.S. Navy was using unmanned airplanes and four warships to track the captured yacht and negotiations were under way when the pirates fired a rocket-propelled grenade, authorities say.Special forces boarded the vessel and found the Americans had been shot, according to the military. Pirates have blamed the deaths of the American hostages on the Navy, saying the pirates felt under attack.Hmmmm....A plea deal is an isult to justice.Read the full story here.
- Issa said "Obama administration is 'one of most corrupt'EVAH!Nearly 20 percent of new Obamacare waivers are gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, fancy hotels in Nancy Pelosi’s district.(DailyCaller).Of the 204 new Obamacare waivers President Barack Obama’s administration approved in April, 38 are for fancy eateries, hip nightclubs and decadent hotels in House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s Northern California district.That’s in addition to the 27 new waivers for health care or drug companies and the 31 new union waivers Obama’s Department of Health and Human Services approved.Pelosi’s district secured almost 20 percent of the latest issuance of waivers nationwide, and the companies that won them didn’t have much in common with companies throughout the rest of the country that have received Obamacare waivers.Other common waiver recipients were labor union chapters, large corporations, financial firms and local governments. But Pelosi’s district’s waivers are the first major examples of luxurious, gourmet restaurants and hotels getting a year-long pass from Obamacare.For instance, Boboquivari’s restaurant in Pelosi’s district in San Francisco got a waiver from Obamacare. Boboquivari’s advertises $59 porterhouse steaks, $39 filet mignons and $35 crab dinners.Before hanging up on TheDC, Tru Spa’s owner said new government health care regulations, both the federal-level Obamacare and new local laws in Northern California, have “devastated” the business. “It’s been bad for us,” he said, without divulging his name, referring to the new health care restrictions.But, the spa owner wouldn’t talk about it or the reason his company sought a waiver. He hung up after saying, “I’ve got clients on the other line, good-bye.”Hmmmm....Al Capone would have loved the Obama regime.Read the full story here.
- JFK and Obama = Cuba/USSR and Venezuela/Iran ?? (InfidelBloggers).By Epaminondas. As you read this, think about how nice a missile defense backed by more than republicans would be. Think about how many more INOFFENSIVE policy choices there would be with a missile defense. A missile defense whose ELIMINATION by Barack Obama was a major campaign promise.Die Welt, google xlation:
Iran plans to build a missile base in Venezuela
Both countries strengthen their relationship - at all levels. A secret agreement also provides for common ground-ground missiles. Iran wants on Venezuelan soil as a basis for medium-range missiles up and deepen the strategic cooperation with the regime of Hugo Chávez. How “World Online” learned from Western security sources, an agreement between the two countries during the last visit of the Venezuelan president in Tehran on 19 Signed in October. The previously undisclosed contract provides for the establishment of a jointly operated military base in Venezuela and the joint development of ground-ground missiles. The agreement follows a recommendation of the Supreme Security Council of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Ali Khamenei, religious leader a few months ago. According to information of this newspaper, the Security Council had proposed a joint military facility on Venezuelan soil to increase the deterrent power of Iran against the West. The cooperation would be a way for Iran, a strategic base in the South American continent to build - in the backyard of the United States. After “World Online” Information Venezuela has agreed in the agreement, to allow Iran to establish a military base, which should be manned by Iranian missile officers, soldiers of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard and Venezuelan missile officers. The base is mainly as a storage location for strategic Iranian weapons serve. In addition, Iran has given permission to be allowed in case of emergency missile shoot down of mobile bases. In return, it says in the agreement that Venezuela can use the basis for “national needs”. This would increase the threat to neighbors like Colombia. Iran also pledged to help Venezuela to expertise in rocket technology, such as intensive training of officers. Also planned is the development of a common ground-to-surface missile, based on the extensive experience of the Iranians. The agreement also provides for Iranian Shahab 3 (range 1300-1500 km)(ALL OTHER SOURCES PLACE SHAHAB3 RANGE AS 2000 KM),Scud-B missile (285-330 kilometers) and Scud-C missiles (300, 500 and 700 km) on the new base to relocate, and four mobile launchers. be found according to information of “World Online” still has a good location for the base. Both sides want the end of 2011 but start building the infrastructure of the military establishment. The intensive training of Venezuelan officers to be held in the coming months in Tehran’s Sharif University. There will be notified of the Venezuelan LNG drives rocket engines, navigation systems and on the analysis of missile performance. Washington is monitoring these developments with growing distrust. When Chavez broke up half a decade for his first visit to Tehran, he was laughed at.Hmmmm......What about the Uranium mined in Venezuela by Iran?Read the full story here.
- Obama Too Busy To Attend Annual Memorial Service For Fallen Police Officers.(NiceDeb).Sunday, May 15 is the 30th annual Peace Officers Memorial Service. Law enforcement from all over the country gathered in Washington for National Police Week to honor fallen comrades-in-arms. Too bad President Obama couldn’t be there.Despite being invited to speak to the widows, children and friends of the 165 officers recognized this year as killed in the line of duty, he somehow didn’t think it was important to trek the two miles from the White House to the Capitol Building to participate.He did manage to find time to speak at the memorial service, last year, (although the cynics among us might claim that after insulting the Cambridge Police Dept, it was out of political expediency.)You would think that after insulting the police by hosting cop killer fan, Common, at the White House poetry slam last week, the same political considerations would be made, this year.President Bush only missed one Peace Officers Memorial Service during his eight years in the White House. In 2008, he was in Jerusalem making his attendance impossible.So what was so important, yesterday, that it took the place of honoring the men and women who had fallen in the line of duty?Obama Goes Golfing For 7th Straight Week, 68th Round Since Taking Office.Hmmmm.....Hey there's nothing in his scriptures about not golfing each weekend?Read the full story here.
- Shirley Sherrod returns to the USDA.(Politico).Shirley Sherrod, the U.S. Department of Agriculture employee who was forced out after a portion of a videotape was misleadingly used to show her making a racially insensitive remark, will start working for the USDA again, the department told POLITICO Friday. But she’s not getting her old job back. Instead, Sherrod will help the USDA improve its dismal civil rights record.Sherrod will be a contract employee leading one of three field programs designed to bolster relations between the USDA and minority farmers and ranchers. Support for the programs is among several recommendations contained in a sweeping, two-year study released Wednesday that examined decades of discrimination claims by African Americans, Latinos, women and Native Americans.Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack commissioned the study shortly after taking office in 2009 — and well before he signed off on Sherrod’s dismissal in July 2010. The three organizations — the Southwest Georgia Project for Community Education, the National Latino Farmers and Ranchers Trade Association and the Intertribal Agriculture Council — will target minority farmers in the Southeast, the Southwest and Native American reservations, said Justin DeJong, USDA deputy director of communications.Hmmmm....Soon to come Compensation for Latino and native American farmers?Read the full story here.
- Obama regime raiding federal pension funds to cover their 'lifestyle'.(WashingtonPost).Treasury to tap pensions to help fund government.The Obama administration will begin to tap federal retiree programs to help fund operations after the government lost its ability Monday to borrow more money from the public, adding urgency to efforts in Washington to fashion a compromise over the debt.Geithner, who has already suspended a program that helps state and local government manage their finances, will begin to borrow from retirement funds for federal workers. The measure won’t have an impact on retirees because the Treasury is legally required to reimburse the program.The maneuver buys Geithner only a few months of time. If Congress does not vote by Aug. 2 to raise the debt limit, Geithner says the government is likely to default on some of its obligations, which he says would cause enormous economic harm and the suspension of government services, including the disbursal of Social Security funds. Many congressional Republicans, however, have been skeptical that breaching the Aug. 2 deadline would be as catastrophic as Geithner suggests. What’s more, Republican leaders are insisting that Congress cut spending by as much as the Obama administration wants to raise the debt limit, without any new taxes. Obama is proposing spending cuts and tax increases to rein in the debt.In the Senate, freshman Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) has said the Obama administration has been exaggerating the effects of hitting the default mark. He says breaching the limit would cause only a partial government shutdown.Other freshman Republicans have said that Geithner could raise money to avoid defaulting by selling investments in private companies. The Republican Study Committee, which represents more than 150 lawmakers, sent a letter to Geithner last week pressing for more details about the Aug. 2 deadline.Hmmmm......Just imagine the uproar if Republicans would have done this?Read the full story here.
- TSA has not proved full-body scanners are safe, say scientists calling for independent tests.(DailyMail).Scientists have accused the Transport Security Administration of failing to prove that their full body scanners are safe. Five professors in radiation imaging say the devices should be made available for independent testing in a letter sent to the White House. They say that the testing data on the machines made public by the TSA is unreliable. John Sedat, a professor emeritus in biochemistry and biophysics at UCSF said: 'There's no real data on these machines, and in fact, the best guess of the dose is much, much higher than certainly what the public thinks.'The TSA insists that the scanners are safe and says the dose of radiation received is equivalent to that received in two minutes of flying. But last month the agency admitted that there was a flaw in tests it conducted on the machines after the results showed passengers were exposed to ten times more radiation than expected.Now the group of experts lead by Professer Sedat say there are more flaws in the radiation tests conducted by the Food and Drug Administration , the National Institute for Standards and Technology and the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory.The experts say that the Johns Hopkins test didn't use the same model of machine used in airports and say that the resulting report is so heavily censored that there is no way to repeat any of the measurements. Researchers from the university who conducted the tests are also not named on the report.There are concerns that because the TSA's backscatter full body scanners bounce radiation off the skin, the skin may absorb more radiation that the overall average dose represents. The experts were also concerned that a device used to measure the radiation in from the scanner may have been overwhelmed by the short sharp burst of radiation from the scanners. However most scientists agree that the risks from the scanners are trivial.Read the full story here.
- AP sources: Raiders knew mission a one-shot deal.(Yahoo).WASHINGTON – Those who planned the secret mission to get Osama bin Laden in Pakistan knew it was a one-shot deal, and it nearly went terribly wrong.The U.S. deliberately hid the operation from Pakistan, and predicted that national outrage over the breach of Pakistani sovereignty would make it impossible to try again if the raid on bin Laden's suspected redoubt came up dry.Once the raiders reached their target, things started to go awry almost immediately, officials briefed on the operation said.Adding exclusive new details to the account of the assault on bin Laden's hideout, officials described just how the SEAL raiders loudly ditched a foundering helicopter right outside bin Laden's door, ruining the plan for a surprise assault. That forced them to abandon plans to run a squeeze play on bin Laden — simultaneously entering the house stealthily from the roof and the ground floor.Instead, they busted into the ground floor and began a floor-by-floor storming of the house, working up to the top level where they had assumed bin Laden — if he was in the house — would be.They were right.The raiders came face-to-face with bin Laden in a hallway outside his bedroom, and three of the Americans stormed in after him, U.S. officials briefed on the operation told The Associated Press. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to describe a classified operation.U.S. officials believe Pakistani intelligence continues to support militants who attack U.S. troops in Afghanistan, and actively undermine U.S. intelligence operations to go after al-Qaida inside Pakistan. The level of distrust is such that keeping Pakistan in the dark was a major factor in planning the raid, and led to using the high-tech but sometimes unpredictable helicopter technology that nearly unhinged the mission.Pakistan's government has since condemned the action, and threatened to open fire if U.S. forces enter again.Hmmmm......"When the SEAL team met President Barack Obama, he did not ask who shot bin Laden. He simply thanked each member of the team, two officials said. "Read the full story here.
- NATO helicopter attacks Pakistani army post.(HurriyetDaily).A NATO helicopter attacked a Pakistani army post near the Afghan border Tuesday, injuring two soldiers in an incident that could further increase tensions following the U.S. raid that killed Osama bin Laden, Pakistani officials said.NATO coalition spokesman Lt. Col. John Dorrian confirmed to the Associated Press that there were helicopters flying near the Pakistani border and that there was “an incident.” The alliance was investigating, he said.“Two NATO helicopters committed the airspace violation and shelled an army checkpoint, injuring two soldiers,” a senior local security official told Agence France-Presse.A Western military official told AP that the incident started before dawn, when a NATO base in Afghanistan received intermittent direct and indirect fire from the Pakistani side of the border.Two helicopters flew into the area to provide support, one of which fired across the border after twice receiving fire from the Pakistani side, said the official, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue.The attack took place Tuesday morning in the Datta Khel area of the North Waziristan tribal region, injuring two soldiers, said Pakistani intelligence officials. Washington considers the tribal belt a hotbed of the al-Qaeda terror network and it has been targeted repeatedly by covert U.S. drone strikes.Pakistani troops responded to Tuesday’s attack with machine-gun fire and deployed two helicopter gunships over the army post, but the NATO helicopter had already left, said the Pakistani officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk to the media.It was not yet clear if the NATO helicopter crossed into Pakistani airspace, the Western military official said.“We’re investigating the incident to determine a flight path by examining GPS waypoints in the helicopter computer, to construct a sequence of events and ultimately determine what led to the exchange of fire,” said Dorrian, the NATO spokesman.He declined to say which coalition country was involved. But most of the helicopters that fly in that part of Afghanistan are American.Hmmmm.....Read the full story here.
- Dutch FM says he’ll work to stop funding estimated at 10m. euros organizations calling for divestment, boycott, denying Israel's right to exist.(JPost).BERLIN – According to a ground-breaking report obtained by The Jerusalem Post last week from The Haguebased Center for Information and Documentation on Israel (CIDI), the Dutch Foreign Ministry has allocated at least 10 million euros over a five-year period to organizations urging a boycott of Israel.Uri Rosenthal, the Dutch foreign minister, wrote to CIDI last month, saying “Intervention will occur in cases of organizations acting against Dutch policy.”The Foreign Ministry under Rosenthal has begun to institute sweeping reforms to stop Dutch charities from funding anti-Israel boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) activities and NGOs that deny Israel’s right to exist.The 15-page CIDI report named Palestinian and Dutch NGOs that were dependent on subsidies from the Dutch Foreign Ministry, including the Ramallah-based NGO Development Center (NDC) and the Interchurch Organization for Development Cooperation (ICCO), Oxfam Novib Cordaid and IKV Pax Christi in the Netherlands.In the letter to CIDI Executive Director Ronny Naftaniel, Rosenthal wrote, “I would like to thank you for drawing my attention to the report by CIDI entitled ‘Dutch government unknowingly funding Israel-boycott and one-state solution initiatives,’ which lists Palestinian NGOs which are active in the Palestinian Territories and which are supported [financially] by the Dutch government.I would like to begin by saying that I share your concerns regarding BDS activities.”Rosenthal further noted in his letter to Naftaniel, “This message has been conveyed to Palestinian and Israeli partners, the Dutch aid organizations active in the Palestinian Territories and NDC in Ramallah, and during your meeting on March 22, 2011, with the director of the Dutch Foreign Ministry’s North Africa and Middle East department.“The department, the Dutch embassy in Tel Aviv and the Dutch representative office in Ramallah are acutely mindful of the political sensitivities connected to the funding of NGOs operating in Israel and the Palestinian Territories.A meticulous reappraisal of subsidy applicants remains necessary,” Rosenthal said.The Dutch ICCO charity – which was revealed last year by the Jerusalem-based NGO Monitor watchdog organization to have funded events by the radical pro-Palestinian website Electronic Intifada (EI) and its Executive Director Ali Abunimah – was also the subject of the CIDI report.NGO Monitor president Prof. Gerald Steinberg told the Post earlier this year that “EI is a leader in the demonization of Israel, including the anti- Semitic BDS (boycott, divestment, and sanctions) campaign, and frequently compares the Israeli military to Nazis. EI executive director Ali Abunimah labels Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and Prime Minister Salam Fayyad as ‘collaborators,’ and PA participation in peace talks as ‘collaboration.’” CIDI’s new investigation of ICCO showed “that ICCO had more than funded the front office, but actually set up its website, and is possibly paying the salary of the front’s chief coordinator, who is actively involved in boycott promotion.The northern European countries, said CIDI, are also funding the same NGOs as the Dutch Foreign Ministry.Norway, Denmark, Sweden are key financial providers of anti-Israel groups. Switzerland was also cited by CIDI.Read the full story here.
- Israel Leader Outlines Points Before U.S. Trip.(NYTimes).JERUSALEM — Days before Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is to meet with President Obama, he laid out his principles Monday for accepting a Palestinian state, showing greater flexibility on territory but still pursuing a far more hawkish approach than any Palestinian leader is likely to accept.He also made clear that if the recent reconciliation accord between Hamas and Fatah, the two main Palestinian parties, led to Hamas becoming part of a Palestinian government, no peace would be negotiated. “A government, half of whose members declare daily their intention to destroy the State of Israel, is not a partner for peace,” he said, speaking at the opening session of Parliament. Mr. Netanyahu spoke a day after an unprecedented wave of Palestinian protesters marched toward Israel’s borders from four directions and Israeli troops responded with gunfire, killing more than a dozen people. The occasion was Nakba Day, when Palestinians mark Israel’s creation and mourn the expulsion and flight of hundreds of thousands of Palestinians in 1948. Commentary in newspapers and on airwaves in both Israel and the Palestinian areas suggested that what took place Sunday might serve as a dress rehearsal for the coming year, posing a serious challenge to Israel. While Palestinians and critics abroad questioned the killing of protesters, many Israelis focused on why the military was not prepared for the breaching of the border fence in the Golan Heights. Mr. Netanyahu said in Parliament that those who sought to enter Israel on Sunday were not clamoring for a Palestinian state but for Israel’s destruction. “We must stop beating ourselves up and blaming ourselves,” he said. “The reason there is no peace is that the Palestinians refuse to recognize the State of Israel as the Jewish people’s nation-state.”He added: “As for those who orchestrated these riots, 63 years of our independence has not changed a thing. They yelled that they want to return to Jaffa, to the Galilee. And the head of Hamas in Gaza yelled that they want to see the end of the Zionist enterprise, repeating the words voiced by his Iranian patron.”Mr. Netanyahu is scheduled to meet Mr. Obama at the White House on Friday, address a large gathering of American supporters on Monday and then a joint meeting of Congress next Tuesday. His aides have indicated that since the Hamas-Fatah accord, he believes the likelihood of negotiated peace has declined and he is less obliged to make a strong offer to the Palestinians. After he spoke in Parliament, the head of the opposition, Tzipi Livni of the center-left Kadima party, accused Mr. Netanyahu of having failed. “If you do not initiate, decisions will be made for Israel,” Ms. Livni said. “You have missed your opportunity to provide Israel with a vision. You are going to the United States without initiatives for peace.”Hmmmm.....Israel's biggest ennemy sits in the White House.Read the full story here.
Traitorsometimes 'ally' Turkey refuses to expel Russia, China from defense competition.(HurriyetDaily).Turkey's bid to acquire long-range missile and air defense is triggering hot debates as the NATO member country includes Chinese and Russian options on the list of probable buyers. Western experts insist the Russian and the Chinese systems are not compatible with NATO systems.“The two systems [Russian and Chinese ones] will stay among our options; there’s no need to exclude them,” Murad Bayar, the head of the Undersecretariat for Defense Industries, Turkey’s procurement agency, told the Hürriyet Daily News.Turkey’s choice on this large program is expected to be announced late this year or early next year. Bayar said Turkey would probably not issue a short list before its final decision is made.One of the competing companies in the ongoing contest for Turkey’s national contract is the U.S. partnership between Raytheon and Lockheed Martin, with their Patriot Advanced Capability-3, or PAC-3, systems. Russia’s Rosoboronexport is marketing the S300 and S400 while China Precision Machinery Export-Import Corp., or CPMIEC, is offering its HQ-9. The Italian-French Eurosam, maker of the SAMP/T Aster 30, is also trying to market its product.Some Western experts say that since the Russian and the Chinese systems are not compatible with NATO systems, their victory could provide them with access to classified NATO information, and as a result may endanger the alliance’s procedures.“If, say, the Chinese win the competition, their systems will be in interaction, directly or indirectly, with NATO’s intelligence systems, and this may lead to the leak of critical NATO information to the Chinese, albeit inadvertently. So this is dangerous,” one Western expert said.“There are technical ways to prevent the Chinese and the Russians from getting access to NATO information, but this would drastically raise the price,” the expert said. “One explanation is that Turkey itself doesn’t plan to select the Chinese or Russian alternatives, but is still retaining them among the options to put pressure on the Americans and the Europeans to curb their prices.”Hmmm......Another is that Eventually Turkey will betray the US and NATO and they are preparing for it .GET TURKEY OUT OF NATO!Read the full story here.
- North Korea's Food Shortage.'We Cannot Leave the Children to Die'.(Spiegel).Yet another hunger crisis is taking shape in North Korea. The government in Pyongyang has asked for help and aid groups have already begun shipments. Bernd Göken, from the German group Cap Anamur, described for SPIEGEL what he saw on a recent visit to the country.At the invitation of Pyongyang's embassy in Berlin, the head of the German relief organization Cap Anamur, Bernd Göken, 45, recently visited two provinces and four cities in North Korea, which is facing new food shortages and a dramatic hunger crisis. "With every visit and every discussion, the enormous scale of the shortages was confirmed," said Göken. "The people are starving. They have nothing left to eat. For the rural population and orphans, the shortage of food will become a real threat during the coming weeks." Cap Anamur experts say that only 20 percent of North Korean land is farmed. And by its own admission, the North Korean regime has said it is lacking 1 million tons of food needed to provide for its people and has issued an appeal for foreign aid. Cap Anamur said it has already dispatched its first shipment of 200 tons of rice to the country. North Korea has depended on foreign food aid since a devastating famine killed around 2 million people during the mid-1990s. Some countries have delayed decisions to provide aid to the country because of North Korea's nuclear tests and deadly attacks on a South Korean warship in March 2010. Following an appeal by the United Nations and the accusation one month ago by former President Jimmy Carter that the United States was committing a "human rights violation" by not providing relief, Washington said this week it would decide within days whether or not to send a mission to look into the the food shortage situation in the country.Hmmmm.....At which point does hunger become a weapon?Read the full story here.
- Watch: Syrian army beats students.(Ynet).(Video) Human rights group claims Assad's agents chase, beat down 2,000 students protesting against cruel regime in Aleppo. Daraa residents discover mass grave, now blocked off by authorities. Recently there have been many reports of demonstrations at the Aleppo University against Assad's cruel regime. Osso recalled another incident in which Syrian security forces dispersed a protest of 3,000 people in the city of Homs. Some Syrian-based human rights organizations claimed Assad's violent oppression has cost the lives of at least 850 people since the national uprising began in March.Read and see the full story here.
- Thousands of Kurds detained by Turkish regime in eastern Turkey since March.(HurriyetDaily).A staggering 2,506 people were taken into custody over the past 50 days since the pro-Kurdish Peace and Democracy Party, or the BDP, launched its “Democratic Solution Tent” initiative in mid-March. Some 400 of those taken into custody were arrested, while the police have been most actively rounding people up in the southeastern provinces of Diyarbakır, Batman, Mardin and Hakkari.“Ninety percent of the evidence is comprised of visuals. There was only one photograph attached to the file of my client, Şahin Akkan. In the image, Akkan is seen throwing a rock. And the sentence is 13.5 years. Even PKK members who lay down arms and surrender receive a sentence of only six years and three months,” said Serkan Akbaş, a lawyer from the Diyarbakır Bar Association, who argued some detentions and arrests were essentially arbitrary. Akbaş also claimed there were people detained solely for whistling, or dancing the traditional “Halay” dance. According to reports published by nongovernmental organizations and the media, some 2,000 people were detained between March 24 and April 29. During this intense period, two protesters were killed and 308 were injured in demonstrations.According to a report published by the Human Rights Association, or the İHD, some 7,718 people were detained and another 1,923 were arrested in 2009. Some 3,706 were taken into custody in the eastern and southeastern regions alone in 2010. Emin Aktar, the chairman of the Diyarbakır Bar Association, also claimed the Diyarbakır D-type Prison had exceeded its capacity and some detainees had to sleep on the ground.Hmmmm.....Human rights in Turkey?You got to be joking!These are the Obama regime best friends?Keep Turkey out of the European union!Read the full story here.
- Erdoğan lashes out at birth control in campaign rally.(TodaysZaman).Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan lashed out at his chief rival party for promoting birth control for years, reiterating his call for at least three children.Erdoğan, who has long claimed that for a healthy and vibrant society people must have at least three children, said the Western societies are now collapsing because of aging and urged his supporters in a campaign rally in Ankara on Monday not to “trap into this game.”“They [CHP] have inspired this nation with birth control for having aging population on the world stage,” Erdoğan told at the rally, adding that if population continues to increase at this level, Turkey will be among aging nations by 2038.“[Turkish families need to have] at least three children. We as a state have already taken necessary steps and we continue to do so,” Erdoğan said.Observers say Erdoğan meant family planning promoted by some politicians and ongoing campaign of having less children to match economic capability of families when referring to birth control.Hmmmm.....Hitler also advocated more children "Das Vaterland" needed young dead hero's.Read the full story here
- Erdoğan lashes out at Israel over Nakba arrests, killings.(TodaysZaman).Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has lashed out at Israel over Nakba killings and said Israeli policies fed by violence concern Turkey.Erdoğan, speaking at the 66th General Assembly of the Turkish Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges (TOBB) on Monday, said Palestinians again had to commemorate the 63rd anniversary of Nakba with bloodshed and tears.Erdoğan recalled that on the anniversary day, Israel detained and arrested hundreds of people in East Jerusalem and the West Bank, fired at demonstrators in Lebanon-Israeli border.Marking the anniversary, called the “Nakba," Arabic for "catastrophe," Palestinian organizers bused hundreds to Lebanon's border with Israel and to the Syrian frontier in the Israeli-held Golan Heights. Surprised and overwhelmed, Israeli troops fired to keep the crowds from breaching the borders. Four Palestinians were killed in the Golan and 10 in Lebanon, while a 15th was fatally shot as dozens rushed Israel's border wall with the Gaza Strip.Erdoğan said as Israel is insisting on policies fed by violence and even extending this violence to the Mediterranean to target ships with piracy, it undoubtedly increases Turkey’s concerns.“Problems created by Israel continue to be the biggest obstacle to peace in the region,” Erdoğan concluded.Hmmm....Obama's 'buddy' Erdogan.How about the Armenian Genocide?Ah yes:" Muslims don't commit Genocide".Read the full story here.
- Turkish government officials not participate in Israel's Independence Day reception.(TodaysZaman).Israeli Embassy has celebrated the 63rd anniversary of its independence in Ankara but no single Turkish government official participated in the event.Former minister Kürşad Tüzmen, former Energy Minister Hilmi Güler, head of the Higher Education Board (YÖK) Yusuf Ziya Özcan, the former head of the Judges and Prosecutors Association (YARSAV) Ömer Faruk Eminağaoğlu, US Ambassador to Turkey Francis J. Ricciardone participated in the reception that was hosted by Israeli Ambassador to Turkey, Gaby Levy, on Monday. Asked by reporters about a participation by the Turkish government, Levy said the embassy had extended invitations to the government officials but it is up to them not to attend. The Israeli diplomat said this is a reflection of relations between the two countries. “But there is a good saying in Turkish: Godwilling it will be better,” Levy said.Hmmmm.....Turkey....Obama's best buddy and we have to believe Obama 'likes' Israel?Read the full story here.
- Iranian Regime Marks 'Nakba Day'.Ahmadinejad: The Presence of Israel, the "Cancerous Growth," Is Keeping the Region from a Better Future.(Memri). This year's Palestinian Nakba ("Catastrophe") Day, May 14-15, 2011, marking the establishment of the State of Israel, was noted in Iran by a presidential declaration, a conference against global terrorism, and attention from the state media. The following are several examples of the "Nakba Day" activity in Iran. In a May 15 interview with Iranian state television, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said that the killing of Palestinians by the "infected cancerous growth" Israel on Nakba Day this year had exposed its "terrorist essence." Ahmadinejad declared that Israel's presence on even a single centimeter of the land of Palestine was keeping the region from a better future, and noted that Tehran maintained that the Palestinians should actualize the right of return and go back to their homes In Palestine.Read the full story here.
- Hizbullah Leader Nasrallah To Palestinians: Your Return Is Closer than Ever.(Memri).Hizbullah secretary-general Hassan Nasrallah said to Palestinians marking Nakba Day, "We should bow in respect for the courage, bravery, and faith of all those who protested yesterday on the Lebanese and Syrian borders with Palestine and inside of Palestine. Those who proudly confronted the tyranny and arrogance of the enemy’s army until tens martyred and hundreds got injured, and made the world hear their decisive stance that does not fear massacres, passage of time, or the lack of supporters and the abundance of conspirators." Nasrallah praised the "Return to Palestine" rallies, saying "You honorable ones have changed the Nakba day into another day, and replaced its symbols with new ones. You proved to Israel and to the ally that your adherence to your right will not be compromised upon; it will not be forgotten or neglected, and your return to your homes is a definite right that all sacrifices shall be made to achieve it".In a statement released by Hizbullah Media Relations, Nasrallah emphasized "Your strong message to your ally is that you shall not accept any homeland as a replacement for Palestine, let no one fear naturalization, as your firm decision is to return."His eminence indicated that "your clear message to the enemy is that you insist on liberating your land no matter how great the sacrifices were; and that this entity is destined to vanish and neither initiatives, conventions, nor borders will protect it."He further said: "Your return to Palestine is a definite right, and it is closer to being accomplished than ever."Read the full story here.