Wednesday, May 11, 2011
- Syria Live Blog - May 11. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Libya Live Blog - May 11. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan today 5.0 activity. More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 105.
Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog
EmperorPresident Obama mocks Republican position on immigration.(AP).EL PASO, Texas (AP) - Delving anew into an explosive issue, President Barack Obama stood near the border with Mexico on Tuesday and declared it more secure than ever, trying to build pressure on Republicans to take on a comprehensive immigration overhaul—and eagerly working to show vital Hispanic voters that he is not the one standing in the way. Countering Republican calls to focus on border security before moving to a comprehensive overhaul, Obama said their demands have been more than met by his administration but "they'll never be satisfied." He boasted of increasing border patrol agents, nearing completion of a border fence, and screening more cargo. "We have gone above and beyond what was requested by the very Republicans who said they supported broader reform as long as we got serious about enforcement," Obama said. "But even though we've answered these concerns, I gotta say I suspect there are still going to be some who are trying to move the goal posts on us one more time." "Maybe they'll need a moat," Obama said mockingly to laughter from the crowd. "Maybe they'll want alligators in the moat." Trying to build public support for legislation congressional Republicans don't want to pass, Obama said: "The question is whether those in Congress who previously walked away in the name of enforcement are now ready to come back to the table and finish the work we've started." Hmmmm.....Dictatorship or Democracy?Read the full story here.
- Statement From the Family of Osama bin Laden.(NYTimes).Statement from the family of Sheikh Osama bin Laden
I Omar Ossama Binladin and my brothers the lawful children and heirs of the Ossama Binladin (OBL) have noted wide coverage of the news of the death of our father, but we are not convinced on the available evidence in the absence of dead body, photographs, and video evidence that our natural father is dead. Therefore, with this press statement, we seek such conclusive evidence to believe the stories published in relation to 2 May 2011 operation Geronimo as declared by the President of United States Barrack Hussein Obama in his speech that he authorized the said operation and killing of OBL and later confirmed his death. If OBL has been killed in that operation as President of United States has claimed then we are just in questioning as per media reports that why an unarmed man was not arrested and tried in a court of law so that truth is revealed to the people of the world. If he has been summarily executed then, we question the propriety of such assassination where not only international law has been blatantly violated but USA has set a very different example whereby right to have a fair trial, and presumption of innocence until proven guilty by a court of law has been sacrificed on which western society is built and is standing when a trial of OBL was possible for any wrongdoing as that of Iraqi President Sadam Hussein and Serbian President Slobodan Miloševic'. We maintain that arbitrary killing is not a solution to political problems and crime's adjudication as Justice must be seen to be done.
It is also unworthy of the special forces to shoot unarmed female family members of Binladen killing a female and that of one of his son.
Most importantly, when it is a common knowledge that OBL's family is residing at one place outside KSA, why they were not contacted to receive his dead body. His sudden and un witnessed burial at sea has deprived the family of performing religious rights of a Muslim man. Finally, now that the operation is concluded we wish the Government of Pakistan to release and hand over all minors of the family and all the family members are reunited at one place and are repatriated to their country of origin, especially female members of the family to avoid further oppression and we seek international support to that effect.
Without agreeing to the ways of OBL as to how he professed, believed and operated, We Omar Ossama Binladin, and my brothers, the lawful children of the Ossama Binladin (OBL) herewith demand an inquiry under UNO to reach to the accuracy of the facts as stated by United States into the fundamental question as to why our father was not arrested and tried but summarily executed without a court of law. We are putting these questions to the United Nations, OIC, President of United States that a necessary evidence is presented to the family in private and or public to make us believe what they claim, and all the remaining family members are repatriated and united after necessary initial investigation.Failure to answer these questions will force us to go to International forum for justice such as International Criminal Court and International Court of Justice and UN must take notice of the violation of international law and assist us to have answers for which we are lawful in seeking them. A panel of eminent British and international lawyers is being constituted and a necessary action may be taken if no answers are furnished within 30 days of this statement. Hmmmm......Mr President?Read the full story here.
- Obama heckled as he tries to woo Hispanic voters by hailing importance of immigrants to U.S.(DailyMail).President Obama was heckled as he made a blatant attempt to woo Hispanic voters today by hailing the importance of immigrants to the American economy.Speaking in El Paso, Texas, close to Mexican the border, the President pledged to escalate legislation that would offer a pathway to the nation’s millions of illegal immigrants.But the President also claimed border controls between the U.S. and Mexico had never been more stringent.The President was broadly cheered by supporters as he told how immigrants were an essential part of the economic recovery and said he wanted to offer a path to citizenship for 11 million illegal immigrants.But he was then heckled as he made reference to the 'fence' between the U.S. and Mexico, with shouts of 'tear it down' from the crowd.In scenes unusual for such a campaign-style event, supporters attempted to drown out jeers from opponents of immigration by chanting, 'Yes we can'.Obama claimed that fewer arrests of illegal immigrants showed that 'far fewer people are attempting to cross the border illegally'.'Even as we have stepped up patrols, apprehensions along the border have been cut by nearly 40 per cent from two years ago,' said Obama.But local police chiefs have alleged that they have been told to stop arresting illegal immigrants on the border to keep official figures down.An Arizona sheriff last month said Border Patrol agents have told dozens of law enforcement officers to instead chase the immigrants back towards Mexico.Cochise County Sheriff Larry Dever said he had been 'flooded' with emails from officers supporting his claims.Arizona senators Jon Kyl and John McCain, who was Obama's 2008 Republican election foe, warned that people did not feel that the US-Mexico border was secure, despite the administration's pledges.
'Unfortunately, when President Obama was in the Senate, he actively worked to undermine the reform that he now seems to be advocating during election season,' the senators said in a statement.'This is not surprising considering he made the same evolution in 2008. It's too bad he didn't choose to follow through on those promises after his election,' they said.Republican congressman Peter King also rejected Obama's approach.'The President has again called for amnesty for illegal immigrants without offering a single proposal to actually improve the security of our borders,' King said.But the truth is, the measures we’ve put in place are getting results. Over the past two and a half years, we’ve seized 31 percent more drugs, 75 percent more currency, and 64 percent more weapons than before.Hmmmm....Did he mean "We sold 64% more weapons"?Read the full story here.
- "The Mouse that Roars"?Belgium : Google infringes copyright by displaying and linking to news site content.(TheRegister).A Belgian appeals court has upheld an earlier ruling that Google infringes on newspapers' copyright when its services display and link to content from newspaper websites, according to press reports.The search engine giant is responsible for infringing the copyrights of the papers when it links to the sites or copies sections of stories on its Google News service, the Belgian Court of Appeals said (41-page/1.19MB PDF), according to a report in PC World.Google must not link to material from Belgian newspapers, the court said, according to the report (in French). No translation of the ruling is yet available.Google faces a fine of roughly €25,000 for every day it fails to comply with the court judgment, the report said. The ruling does not apply to Flemish newspapers.Hmmmm.....Being right doesn't allways mean being smart.Read the full story here.
- US Attorney’s give “employment” seminar to Muslims at Fresno mosque (video).(Creeping Sharia).Does the Obama administration favor one “religion” over all others and none at all, or does it just seem that way?Since when did the U.S. Attorney’s office start giving religious-specific “employment seminars” in mosques?The chief of the Fresno U.S. Attorney’s Office, Mark Cullers and his assitant Yasin Mohammad lead the discussions explaining to young Muslims how their office prosecutes and defends the US Government in criminal and civil cases.“The department wants to reach out to all communities, including the Muslim community.”Of course, but so far they’ve only consistently reached out to 1% of the U.S. population.Mohammad, a Muslim and Assistant U.S. Attorney says reaching out to those in the Islamic faith is important for him because, as he says, there’s a negative public perseption about Muslims.Shouldn’t that be a U.S. Attorney who happens to be Muslim? The fact that he is a Muslim first likely led to his belief that part of his job is to advocate for Islam at taxpayer expense. Does Mohammad consider events like the 1993 WTC bombing, 9/11 and the scores of terrorist attacks and attempts to kill Americans by Muslims might have shaped the perception about Muslims? Not to mention his namesake.“I think that the religion has been hijacked, by a terrorist element, that’s a small element. But it’s sort of sensational and it’s kind of hijacked the entire religion which doesn’t really agree with that part of it.”Here Mohammad basically admits that jihad is in fact part of Islam, just that many Muslims don’t agree with it. But if he really believes it’s such a small element, why does the U.S. Attorney’s office feel the need to pander in mosques to good Muslims? Why not the standard recruiting at universities?He hopes events like this will help change that, by brigning Muslims together to talk about their future roles in society.So it’s not really about employment. It’s about Muslims roles in American society. Much more than an “employment” seminar – it’s mentoring Muslims at taxpayer expense.Some in the crowd also took the seminar as a chance for them to hear how Federal Prosecutors view Muslims.As victims, clearly.The U.S. Attorney’s Office says it will hold similar employment seminars with any community that requests it.Of course they will. But no other 1% of the population will ever get as much taxpayer funding as do Muslims.Hmmmm....."Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion".When will they finally impeach him?Read the full story here.
- Cavalcade of Failure.(DougRoss).Of course, we've borrowed trillions of dollars to spend on a "Stimulus" program (trillions because it was built into subsequent baseline budgets), which Democrats promised would keep unemployment under 8%.Housing. Automobiles. Unemployment.They are ideologues, not economists. They are, by definition, economic illiterates. Nothing they've done has worked. Actually, everything they've tried has made things provably, measurably worse.They are walking, talking clusters. Remember in 2012, before it's too late.President Obama and Congressional Democrats are utter and complete failures.They are like King Midas in reverse. Everything they touch turns to crap.Read and see the full story here.
- Geert Wilders : "I don't hate Muslims,I hate Islam".Read and see the full story here.
- EU to keep files on all air passengers under latest Brussels diktat.(DailyMail).Millions of holidaymakers will have their personal details tracked on huge databases thanks to the latest EU diktat.Countries will be expected to record air passengers’ information, including who they travelled with, the price they paid for a ticket, and even any meal requests they made.EU member states would then be able to trawl their neighbours’ data to check for links to terrorism or other criminality.Under the latest measure – the Passenger Name Record directive – EU member states will be expected to gather all the information travellers provide to airlines when crossing borders.This will include details held on the person’s passport as well as their payment card number, travel companions, seat number, onward flight itinerary, meal request and price of ticket.The final form of the directive is still being hammered out, but it is expected every EU country would establish a so-called Passenger Information Unit. Data would be logged by the country a person left and the one in which they landed.Other member states investigating suspected criminality could then ask to examine the data. Originally, the directive was only to apply to journeys from the rest of the world into the EU, but at the Government’s request it now appears certain to include journeys from one EU member state to another as well.Britain, which is planning to log people going in and out of the country with its own e-Borders system, could have opted out of the directive – which is expected to add a small fee to the price of each ticket to cover the cost of airlines passing on passenger information.Stephen Booth, research director of think-tank Open Europe, said: ‘Despite their tough rhetoric in opposition, Conservative ministers have handed over crime and justice powers to Brussels at an alarming rate since they’ve come to office. ‘It is completely undemocratic that the Government can choose to hand over British citizens’ personal data to police forces all across Europe without so much as a vote in Parliament.’Hmmmm........Read the full story here.
- Iran Turns Up the Heat in the Gulf.(PajamasMedia).Eyeing regional domination, the mullahs seize on the uprising in Bahrain.On May 16, according to the state-owned Fars News Agency, Iran is going to send what they call an aid flotilla from the southern port city of Bushehr. Its destination? Bahrain. In addition to aid, the report stated, the flotilla will convey the Iranian people’s message — “Solidarity with Oppressed Bahraini People.”But that is not all. Reports from inside Iran state that the flotilla will be carrying the martyrdom forces destined to be the start of a new confrontation with the kingdom in Bahrain.The radical Islamic organization Ansar Hezbollah — consisting of Islamist thugs and ardent supporters of Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei who have been at the forefront in the brutal suppression of Iranian demonstrators — has now assembled volunteers, mostly from Basij forces, for a martyrdom mission to Bahrain.They are also preparing suicide bombers, in coordination with the Guards’ Quds Force, for attacks on Bahraini and Saudi interests.A key part of that strategy, Allah-Karam revealed, involves registering volunteers willing to go to the conflict areas to carry out suicide missions.Another part of their plan: to launch flotillas to Bahrain and provide assistance to the Shiites with their uprising.Ever since the unrest in Bahrain — especially as Saudi forces advanced into that country — the Iranian leaders have been stirring up talk about revenge. Some military commanders and high officials have gone so far as to propose a military intervention to help the Shiite majority with their rebellion against the Sunni-ruled kingdom.The radicals ruling Iran have also threatened Saudi Arabia with serious consequences for its suppression of the protesters in Bahrain.Just weeks ago, Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei’s representative to Iran’s universities, Hojatolislam Ali-Reza Panahian, stated that “the uprising in Bahrain is the best opportunity to begin setting the stage for the emergence of the Twelfth Imam, our Mahdi.”“The situation in Bahrain alone,” he continued, “could be the catalyst to cause the disintegration of the United States and lead to the downfall of that straw empire.”Hmmmm......Seems like the saudis have more guts to stand up to Iran then Barry.Read the full story here.
- Schoolgirls targeted in Bahrain raids.(Al-Jazeera). In a secretly filmed interview, 16-year-old tells how she was severely beaten as Gulf kingdom cracked down on protests.Secret filming conducted by Al Jazeera has revealed shocking evidence of the brutal crackdown against pro-democracy protesters in the Gulf state of Bahrain.An undercover investigation conducted by Al Jazeera's correspondent, Charles Stratford, has unearthed evidence that Bahraini police carried out periodic raids on girls' schools since the unrest began.The government of Bahrain deployed security forces onto the streets on March 14 in an attempt to quell more than four weeks of protests.A three-month "state of emergency" that was declared by King Hamad bin Isa Al-Khalifa on March 15, is due to be lifted on June 1.At the height of the protests, up to 200,000 people rallied against the government. The crackdown was an attempt to end the protests that demanded the end of the despotic rule of the Khalifah royal family.In an interview "Heba", a 16-year-old schoolgirl, alleges she, along with three of her school friends, were taken away by the police from their school and subjected to severe beatings while in custody for three consecutive days."He hit me on the head, I started bleeding. I fell down, he told them [guards] to keep me in the rest-room," she said during the secretly filmed interview."He [the officer] hit and banged me against the wall to scream. Since we did not cry out or scream, we were beaten more and more, stronger and stronger. "Beating was severe, but being afraid of what comes next, we were senseless to the pain."According to the mainly Shia opposition Al Wefaq party, police have raided up to 15 mainly girls schools, detaining, beating and threatening to rape girls as young as 12.A Bahrain human rights group says at least 70 teachers have also been detained. Meanwhile the media clampdown continues.Read and see the full story here.
- Kuwait, Not Syria, to Sit on U.N.
INHuman Rights Council.(Weeklystandard).The Obama administration has been under siege for its support of the U.N.’s top human rights body, the U.N. Human Rights Council. Until today, Syria was seeking to join the Council during elections scheduled to take place at the General Assembly on May 20, 2011. The administration, European states, and other Council fans were already reeling from Libya’s election last May and were desperately looking for a way to save the Council from oblivion. The solution is to replace Syria with Kuwait. Obviously, the anybody-but-Syria campaign spent little time considering the suitability of their replacement candidate.Kuwait is hardly qualified to serve on the Human Rights Council. According to recent reports of Freedom House and the State Department, there is no rule of law in Kuwait. There is no independent judiciary. The emir appoints all judges. The emir has the authority to dissolve the National Assembly at will. Formal political parties are banned. Women are required to have a male guardian in order to marry. Women are eligible for a half of their brother’s inheritance. Spousal rape is not a crime. The law does not specifically prohibit domestic violence. Vacationers have spent months in jails if airport officials hear them “insulting the emir.” In other words, Kuwait will fit right in with current Human Rights Council member Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is the world’s leading example of a gender apartheid state, with its entire female population subjected to male domination and grotesque forms of subservience. Not to mention the periodic beheadings which are part of the Saudi judicial system and the illegality of any public display of a religion other than Islam.Hmmmm.....Another proof of the "Joke" the Human rights council has become.Read the full story here.
- Israel's next challenge: Obama's outreach to Muslim Brotherhood.(Debka).Israelis celebrate the 63rd anniversary of their independence this week in good cheer. Neither by word nor hint have its leaders referred to the challenge facing the country in the year to come: Barack Obama, President of Israel's best friend and ally, has picked the Muslim Brotherhood movement of the Middle East as his chosen partner for promoting American interests in the Arab world in place of its ousted rulers. His courtship of this organization, which he regards as moderate, was the rationale, say debkafile's Washington and counter-terror sources, behind his bold decision to get rid of Osama bin Laden, a step which his two predecessors, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, held back from although they knew where he was.Many people forgot the vow Obama made in Cairo on June 4 to mend America's fences with the Muslim world, but he meant every word. His White House has made forging a pact between the United States and the Muslim Brotherhood their ultimate policy objective, although they do not expect to achieve it in one fell swoop.Bin Laden's death was part of the US president's unfolding game plan:
1. He needed to demonstrate unswerving resolve to eradicate the terrorist threat posed by Islamic extremists;
2. The Muslim Brotherhood and its national chapters needed to be held back from falling into the arms of Islamic radicalism if it were to qualify as the centerpiece of America's new beginning with the Arab world.
Mubarak's fellow Arab rulers watched and noted how quickly and ruthlessly Obama disposed of him and mustered all their resources to defeat the US-backed revolts against their regimes before they too were tossed on the rubbish heap.Saudi King Abdullah fought back with a divorce from Washington. He is bitterly hostile to the Obama administration – not just over Mubarak's humiliating downfall, but because he believes that a US-Muslim Brotherhood pact would threaten the royal House of Saud by engulfing the clerical institutions which give the throne its legitimacy.Libya's Qaddafi tried to save himself by pointing to his common cause with the US against a rebellion penetrated by Al Qaeda and other Muslim extremists. When he realized that Washington did not share his view and favored the Muslim elements, he decided to fight back against the rebellion and defy their NATO backers.Syria's Bashar Assad, who represents a secular regime and creed, has resorted to tanks, artillery and live bullets for a ferocious crackdown to end what he regards as the continuation of the Muslim Brotherhood-led challenge to the Alawite Assad family rule launched first against his father 19 years ago.Another piece of the Obama game plan was put in place in Cairo Wednesday, May 4, with the inking of the Palestinian unity pact by Palestinian Authority chairman Mahmoud Abbas for Fatah and Khaled Meshaal for Hamas.After Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu warned Abbas that the Palestinians must choose between peace and Hamas, Abbas is reported by debkafile's Cairo sources as privately asking why the Israelis complained to him. They should complain to Obama, he said.Hmmmmm......"The 'peacemaker'?Read the full story here.
- Gaza aid flotilla scheduled for third week of June.(TodaysZaman).An aid flotilla will depart for the Gaza Strip in the third week of June, just over a year after a similar flotilla was raided by Israeli forces, leaving nine Turks dead on a Turkish boat, activists said.A coalition of pro-Palestinian groups, most of them based in Europe, announced the date in a statement after a meeting in Paris. The unfolding plans for the new flotilla set up a possible confrontation with Israel, which has vowed to stop any attempt to breach its sea blockade of Gaza.Activists had originally planned to depart on May 31, the anniversary of the botched Israeli commando raid. The delayed departure appears at least partly related to Turkey’s plans for parliamentary elections on June 12. Turkish activists, who are in contact with the government but say they operate independently, had said they wanted to leave after the vote for fear any controversy could disrupt the election debate. Turkish officials, who have stepped up criticism of Israel since the three-week war in Gaza that ended in early 2009, have indicated that the Turkish activists are free to sail from home waters.The “Freedom Flotilla” coalition said Marseille, France, was one of various European departure points for the convoy, and that it welcomed “the recent addition” of a Swiss-German boat. It did not say how many boats were participating, but IHH, an aid group in Turkey, has said it expects the convoy to be at least twice as big as the one that attempted to reach Gaza last year.Six ships set sail last year. This year’s convoy includes the Mavi Marmara, the same Turkish vessel operated by IHH on which the activists died in the raid, and an American vessel named “The Audacity of Hope,” the title of a book by President Obama.The coalition said organizers was heading to Strasbourg, France, on Tuesday to seek the support of European parliamentarians.Eight Turks and one Turkish-American died in the raid last year. Seven Israeli soldiers were wounded. Each side accused the other of starting the violence. The incident drew world attention to the humanitarian situation in Gaza and plunged ties between former allies Israel and Turkey to a new low.Hmmmm......How long would it take to lay a minefield ?Read the full story here.
- Israel braces for 'Nakba Day'.(Ynet).IDF boosts West Bank deployment as Palestinians prepare to mark 'disaster' of Jewish State's establishment; police bracing for possible violence within Green Line, Arab-Israelis hold major rally Tuesday.Independence Day over, 'Nakba Day' looming: Israel's defense establishment is preparing for a possibly turbulent weekend as Palestinians mark what they view as the disaster inherent in Israel's establishment. The annual 'Nakba Day' will be marked on May 15th, the date of the Jewish state's inception.Security officials have been assessing the volatile situation in the past week, and as of Wednesday the IDF will be boosting its deployment throughout Judea and Samaria. The army is preparing for various scenarios, including extreme violence, despite estimations that Palestinian security forces will aim to keep tensions low. Several IDF regiments will be joining units already in place, in case Palestinian rallies turn violent and prompt dangerous friction with Israeli forces and settlers. "We don't want to be surprised or improvise a response at the last moment," a military official said, while expressing his hope that quiet will prevail throughout 'Nakba Day.' Meanwhile, Israel Police officials are preparing for the possibility of Arab Israelis joining the protests and resorting to violence within the Green Line. Police officers fear that planned rallies and marches will turn into mass riots and will discuss the option of boosting police deployment over the weekend. As opposed to previous years, the Palestinians have been calling for civil disobedience both in the West Bank and outside Israel, in states sharing a border with the Jewish state. The trend got underway with the launch of a Facebook page urging the Palestinians to embark on a third Intifada on May 15. Elsewhere online, several groups are organizing with the aims of reaching Israel's borders. One such initiative is being organized by the Islamic Brotherhood in Egypt, with university students expected to depart from Cairo Friday en route to the Gaza Strip border. Tuesday evening, some 15,000 Arab Israelis took part in a 'Nakba Day rally in the western Galilee region. The event was attended by Arab Knesset members and senior Islamic Movement figures. Participants held up Palestinian flags and signs with anti-occupation slogans. Cities within Israel's Green Line, including Kfar Saba and Petach Tikva, just north of Tel Aviv, were also declared as "occupied." The rally also endorsed the recent Hamas-Fatah unity deal.However, it appears that there is no consensus on the Arab side, after the Islamic Movement walked out of the event because a female singer took the stage.Hmmmmm......Sooner or later it will come to the final showdown ,why wait and let then grow stronger?Read the full story here.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
On Your Side Investigation into an Islamic compound in York County, South Carolina called "Islamville."
Hmmmmm........"We don't want to take over your country"?
- Syria Live Blog - May 10. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Libya Live Blog - May 10. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan today 5.3 - 5.4 activity. More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 105.
Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog
- Mississippi Floods : 33 pictures of the disaster,none of them contains images of President Obama who's campaigning now!See the whole story here.
- Judges Hearing Arguments on Obama Law Appointed by Democrats.(Fox).All three judges that will hear Tuesday's arguments on the constitutionality of President Obama's health care law were appointed by Democratic presidents, including two by Obama himself.The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit made the announcement shortly before the trial started, even though the case has been scheduled for months. Judges Diana Motz, the senior member of the panel, was appointed to the bench by President Bill Clinton in 1994. Andre Davis and James Wynn were appointed by Obama.The hearing in Richmond is the first appellate review of Obama's signature legislation passed last year, and combines two cases. The first case was brought by Liberty University, and the second case was brought by the government after losing to Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinell.The judges were randomly selected by computer a couple of months ago. They have presumably been reading briefs in the case ever since. The full 14 member Fourth Circuit is evenly split between Republican and Democratic judges, but only three judges hear any given case.The fact that the judges are Democratic appointees doesn't mean they'll decide to uphold the law in the end, but this has been one of the most bitterly partisan issues around the country in recent memory.Hmmm....."Randomly selected by computer"yeah whatevah.Let me guess only democrat nominated judges their names were entered in the computer program? Read the full
- Amnesty for votes!Obama Ready to Roll Out New Amnesty Carpet for Illegals.(SunshineState).Meanwhile, E-Verify and tougher state laws have led to self-deportation in Arizona.Amnesty or bust. Though not using those words, that's expected to be the message President Barack Obama will deliver in the border town of El Paso, Texas, on Tuesday.Obama, according to unofficial reports, will argue that his administration has tightened America's borders and stepped up deportations, and that it is time for Congress to enact a "path to citizenship" for at least some of the estimated 11 million illegal aliens in this country.Wary congressional Republicans and even a few Democrats say that "path to citizenship" means "amnesty," and they're not willing to go down that road again. Previous amnesty programs, which effectively rewarded lawbreakers, simply enticed more illegals to enter the country.Obama, eager to make good on campaign promises from 2008 and bolster his Hispanic base for 2012, says the time is ripe for immigration reform. The administration reports that it deported a record 392,000 immigrants, and has put more "boots on the ground" along America's southern border.Workplace raids have stepped up, too, and more businesses are using the federal E-Verify program to screen new hires. As for the illegals who remain, reformers argue that it is unrealistic to expect the government to deport some 11 million people.But the experience in Arizona suggests that self-deportation occurs when and where immigration laws are toughened.Worried that the GOP-controlled House will oppose anything that smacks of amnesty, the Illinois Democrat said he's looking for the president to use "discretionary powers" to enact the changes.In an indication of where he is heading Tuesday, Obama recently conducted a series of private meetings with business executives, evangelical leaders and Hispanic activists -- the same groups that repeatedly blurred the distinction between "legal" and "illegal" immigrants in helping to defeat Florida's modest E-Verify legislation.Hmmmmm......
DictatorPresident Obama will push trough once again his way.Read the full story here.
- Report:US born Anwar Al-Awlaki Could Be Next AQAP(Al-Qaida) Leader!(Memri).The Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Rai reported today, citing "informed sources," that "there are talks among the organization's [Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula] members to appoint Anwar Al-Awlaki as the group's [AQAP] leader."Read the full story here.
Osama Bin Laden's Children Threaten Legal Action If Whereabouts Of Bin Laden's Body Remain Undisclosed.(Memri).On May 9, 2011, a letter was published on Mustafa Hamid's (aka Abu Walid Al-Masri) website, which the website said was authored by the children of Osama bin Laden.Hmmmm....US goverment rounding up all the sharkhunters in the Arabian sea?Read the full story here.
- O-pression: Experts Put Real Unemployment At Between 18% and 22%.(DougRoss).Mike Shedlock crunches the numbers and comes to an inescapable conclusion: real unemployment is far, far worse than official government statistics reflect.Either way, this president's bankruptcy-inducing policies have set this nation on a course for an unprecedented fiscal calamity. We are seeing a preview of coming attractions in Europe, the results of unchecked deficit spending and the spread of socialist welfare programs that can't work and have never worked throughout human history.And yet Democrats lobby for more: more spending, more deficits, more unchecked wealth redistribution schemes. They know they are unsustainable, yet they plow ahead, bankrupting future generations for some mirage of a Utopian society where everyone is equal, no matter how hard they work.And that, my friends, truly is the definition of insanity.Hmmmm...."You can't fool all the people,all of the time"?Read the full story here.
- The Obamas Invite Cop Hating Rapper to the White House.(WhitehouseDossier).What do you think of when you imagine a White House “Celebration of American Poetry and Prose?” A quiet collection of serious minded women and professorial looking men reciting, in tones both dramatic and hushed, carefully crafted cadenzas in a setting of earnest reflection?
Think again. Think of THIS:
Yo, yo, yo, lissen up. This is not your father’s candy ass poetry reading, you hear?
Mrs. Obama, who is supposedly so concerned about the future of our nation’s impressionable and overweight youth, has invited this spigot of hatred, a rapper who calls himself “Common,” to the White House Wednesday to share his vitriol.It’s one thing to be angry about your circumstances and to express it. It’s quite another to threaten harm against the police.Instead of inviting this person to the White House, Obama should probably be trying to find out if “Common” is serious about his own lyrics. He’s not a poet. He’s a security threat.
How fraudulent of Obama to head to Ground Zero last week and have his picture taken with police who responded to the 9/11 disaster, and then give the presidential seal of approval to someone who wrote this:
Tell the law, my Uzi weighs a ton.
I walk like a warrior,
from them I won’t run . . .
Use your mind and nine-power, get the government touch
Them boys chat-chat on how him pop gun
I got the black strap to make the cops run
They watching me, I’m watching them
The man seems to wish violence against George W. Bush as well:
With that happening, why they messing with Saddam?
Burn a Bush cos’ for peace he no push no button
Killing over oil and grease
no weapons of destruction
How can we follow a leader when this a corrupt one?
Tomorrow night, “Common” will be standing in the East Room, below the life size paintings of George and Martha Washington, spewing this kind of stuff.It’s not just an outrage. It’s incomprehensible.How could this be?Well, turns out Common is from Chicago. Not just from Chicago, but a member of the Trinity United Church of Christ since childhood. Does that church name ring a bell? The pastor there is Jeremiah Wright.I wonder where Common learned his songs of hatred? It appears the Obamas have not completely cut their ties to the church.Whatever the artistry that may be involved here, this is not a man whose “ouvre” merits to a visit to the White House. It’s an insult to the nation.I assume Common has been instructed not to recite his anti-cop rant. If he does, Obama will incur the political damage he richly deserves.Hmmmmm.....When will they impeach this poor excuse for a President?Read the full story here.
- Boehner demands ‘trillions’ in spending cuts in exchange for lifting debt ceiling.(WashingtonPost).NEW YORK — House Speaker John A. Boehner defined the GOP’s terms for raising the legal limit on government borrowing Monday, demanding that President Obama reduce spending by more than $2 trillion in exchange for an increase big enough to cover the nation’s bills through the end of next year.Delivering a sermon on fiscal austerity to a Wall Street crowd clamoring for compromise on the debt limit, Boehner (Ohio) firmly rejected any effort to raise taxes. He also called on Democrats to engage in “honest conversations about how best to preserve Medicare,” signaling that House Republicans remain committed to restructuring at least some portions of the program.And for the first time, he signaled that Republicans would come to the negotiating table with the expectation that the White House and Senate Democrats be prepared to discuss major reductions in federal spending — and enact them immediately. That’s a sharp shift from Republicans who just last week talked of finding “commonality” on less-ambitious measures. “Without significant spending cuts and changes in the way we spend the American people’s money, there will be no increase in the debt limit. And the cuts should be greater than the accompanying increase in the debt limit that the president is given,” Boehner said in an address to the Economic Club of New York at a hotel in Midtown Manhattan. “We’re not talking about billions here. We should be talking about cuts in trillions if we’re serious about addressing America’s fiscal problems.”Hmmmmm.....What happened to abolishing Obama care?Read the full story here.
- The Associated Press's Case for Releasing the Bin Laden Photo.(AP).President Obama's decision to withhold the visual evidence of Osama bin Laden's death has created a fundamental disagreement between the White House and one of the largest journalism organizations in the world. "This information is important for the historical record," said Michael Oreskes, senior managing editor at The Associated Press. "That's our view."Last Monday, the AP filed a Freedom of Information Act request for the photographic and video evidence taken during the raid on bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. The organization's FOIA request included a reminder of the president's campaign pledge and a plea to be more transparent than his predecessor. "The Obama White House 'pledged to be the most transparent government in U.S. history," wrote the AP, "and to comply much more closely with the Freedom of Information Act than the Bush administration did.'"Two days later, the president told 60 Minutes he would not release any of the footage related to the raid, including video of bin Laden's deep sea burial and photographs of his slain corpse. Though Oreskes voices his disagreement diplomatically, there's no way around it: The AP believes the president is wrong to maintain exclusive ownership of the evidence. "We're asking to see it," said Oreskes in an interview with The Atlantic Wire. "It's about us saying we would like to make our own news judgements about news worthy material."For Oreskes, the photo is an important piece of evidence to establish what happened during the Navy SEALs raid on bin Laden's Abbottabad compound. "In the week since the raid there's been a whole series of story-lines about what happened in this raid," said Oreskes. "At this point, anything that might shed more light on what occurred is potentially quite newsworthy. So we would like this imagery to fully understand what happened during this event.""I can't tell you what understanding we would get," he prefaced. "But we would like to see it and compare it with other things we're being told about this raid both by U.S. officials and officials in other countries."The AP isn't alone in wanting more insight on the specifics of the raid. When it eventually surfaced that bin Laden was not killed in a firefight, his wife wasn't used as a human shield, there was no live footage of the event and the "mansion" where he lived was only worth between $250,000 and $480,000, many became skeptical of the White House's narrative. Other organizations that have filed FOIAs include Politico, Fox News, Judicial Watch and Citizens United. Oreskes sympathizes with the president. "This is obviously one of his most difficult decisions and we understand that."Read the full story here.
- GOP Sen. Rand Paul questions whether White House has 'enemies list'.(TheHill).Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) asked Tuesday if the White House had an "enemies list" in light of the National Labor Relations Board's complaint against Boeing for moving some of its operations to South Carolina.The complaint stems from Boeing's decision to move some of its production line for the Dreamliner jet to the right-to-work state to avoid the work stoppages that have hampered the company in the state of Washington. The labor board contends that the move is retaliation against unionized workers, while Boeing says it is a business decision designed to keep production running smoothly.Speaking at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce with several other GOP lawmakers and business lobbyists, Paul implied that President Obama was playing politics, since the complaint could see Boeing move jobs out of South Carolina."I have a question for the president. Mr. President, do you have an enemies list? Is this decision based on the fact that South Carolina appears to be a Republican state, has two Republican senators? Is this decision based on the fact that South Carolina is a right-to-work state? Are they on your enemies list?" Paul said.The freshman senator also mentioned a draft executive order under consideration by the White House that would have government contractors disclose their political contributions."Will you now punish contractors who have given money to Republican candidates?" Paul asked.Paul rattled off several other states, including Kentucky, Alabama and Texas, that he said could fall under the administration's cross-hairs for voting Republican in the last election."Are we going to use the whole power and bully nature of government to say that business cannot be located in a state that might happen to vote Republican?" Paul said. "I find this appalling and I respectfully ask the president to immediately rescind this assault on business."Hmmmm.....Dictatorship or Democracy?Read the full story here.
- Record sale of Osama posters in Pakistan.(Indiatimes).Islamabad : There has been a record sale of posters of Osama bin Laden in Pakistan after the al-Qaida leader was gunned down in a daring US commando raid May 2 in the country, a media report said on Tuesday. More than 100,000 posters of Osama Bin Laden have been sold since his death, the Online news agency reported citing the print industry. It added that the volume of sale is increasing daily. Osama's death on May 2 ended nearly a decade-long hunt for the US's most wanted terrorist. He was blamed for the terrorist attacks in the US in September 2001 in which nearly 3,000 people were killed. Hmmmm....'Genius' Obama "Osama Bin Laden is not a Muslim".Read the full story here.
- Osama Bin Laden Son Missing From SEAL Raid, Pakistan Says.(ABC).One of Osama bin Laden's sons went missing in the midst of the Navy SEAL raid that took the life of the al Qaeda leader more than a week ago, Pakistani security officials told ABC News today. The officials said bin Laden's three wives, who are all in Pakistani custody, said that one of bin Laden's sons has not been seen since the raid. The son has not been identified, but Pakistani investigators agreed that it appeared someone was missing from the sprawling compound, the officials said.U.S. officials said that one of bin Laden's sons, Khalid, was killed in the raid. It is not known if another son, Hamza, was in the compound at the time of the raid, though his mother is reportedly one of the wives in custody. The U.S. has denied the SEALs took anyone from the compound other than bin Laden's body. The U.S. initially faced resistance from Pakistani authorities when investigators asked for access to bin Laden's widows, but a U.S. official said Monday Pakistani official promised to make the meeting happen sometime soon. One senior Pakistani security official told ABC News there is still no timeframe for that meeting, however.Hmmmmm....Remember that i kept asking last week 'what happened to the son the Seals allegedly took with them' to Afghanistan?Read the full story here.
- Governor Perry declines Obama's invite.(Politico).Rick Perry has declined the White House’s request that he greet President Obama when Air Force One lands in Texas on Tuesday, the Republican governor’s office says. “We did try to arrange something with the White House,” Lucy Nashed, a spokeswoman for Perry, told POLITICO. “They asked us if we wanted to meet him out on the tarmac in El Paso, but we weren’t able to work anything out, based on the fact that it’s probably going to be a 10-minute greeting.” Perry, who met Obama at the airport when the president traveled to Austin in August, accused the administration two weeks ago of denying aid to his state to help recover from wildfires. Other Republican governors, like Rick Scott and Mitch Daniels, recently greeted Obama when he visited their states. Obama will talk about immigration in El Paso on Tuesday before going to Austin to campaign.Hmmmmm......Remember the Alamo?Read the full story here.
- The Plagues coming to Egypt : Hunger. (AsiaTimes).By Spengler. Egypt is running out of food, and, more gradually, running out of money with which to buy it.The most populous country in the Arab world shows all the symptoms of national bankruptcy - the kind that produced hyperinflation in several Latin American countries during the 1970s and 1980s - with a deadly difference: Egypt imports half its wheat, and the collapse of its external credit means starvation. The civil violence we have seen over the past few days foreshadows far worse to come. The Arab uprisings began against a background of food insecurity, as rising demand from Asia priced the Arab poor out of the grain market (Food and failed Arab states, Asia Times Online February 2, 2011). The chaotic political response, though, threatens to disrupt food supplies in the relative near term. Street violence will become the norm rather than the exception in Egyptian politics. All the discussion about Egypt's future political model and its prospective relations with Israel will be overshadowed by the country's inability to feed itself. Egypt's political problems - violence against Coptic Christians, the resurgence of Islamism, and saber-rattling at Israel, for example - are not symptoms of economic failure. They have a life of their own. But even Islamists have to eat, and whatever political scenarios that the radical wing of Egyptian politic might envision will be aborted by hunger. The Ministry of Solidarity and Social Justice is already forming "revolutionary committees" to mete out street justice to bakeries, propane dealers and street vendors who "charge more than the price prescribed by law", the Federation of Egyptian Radio and Television reported on May 3. The collapse of Egypt's credit standing, meanwhile, has shut down trade financing for food imports, according to the chairman of the country's Food Industry Holding Company, Dr Ahmed al-Rakaibi, chairman of the Holding Company for Food Industries. Rakaibi warned of "an acute shortage in the production of food commodities manufactured locally, as well as a decline in imports of many goods, especially poultry, meats and oils". According to the country's statistics agency, only a month's supply of rice is on hand, and four months' supply of wheat. The country's foreign exchange reserves have fallen by US$13 billion, or roughly a third during the first three months of the year, Reuters reported on May 5. The country lost $6 billion of official and $7 billion of unofficial reserves, and had only $24.5 billion on hand at the end of April. Capital flight probably explains most of the rapid decline. Egypt's currency has declined by only about 6% since January, despite substantial capital flight, due to market intervention by the central bank, but the rapid drawdown of reserves is unsustainable. At this rate Egypt will be broke by September. Hmmmm....."CHANGE" Aren't they glad Obama made Mubarak 'dissapear'?Read the full story here.
- Pakistan spy agency's alleged role in Mumbai terrorist attacks to be revealed.(Guardian).Witness in US trial expected to say ISI officers were complicit in the 2008 terrorist attacks that killed more than 160 people.The apparent involvement of the Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate (ISI), Pakistan's premier spy agency, in international attacks carried out by Islamic militants is to be revealed in a trial starting next week in the US.A former member of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a violent Pakistan-based extremist group with close links to the Pakistani military, is expected to tell a court in Chicago that ISI officers were complicit in the November 2008 terrorist attacks in Mumbai, India's commercial capital, in which more than 160 people died.The trial comes at a critical time, with relations between Islamabad and Washington at a new low following the death of Osama bin Laden.The hearings could acutely embarrass the ISI, which is suspected by many in the US and elsewhere of protecting the man responsible for the 9/11 attacks.The trial is also likely to fuel pressure in the US for the high levels of financial aid to Pakistan to be cut.Official court documents in the case have so far played down the role of the ISI, still officially considered by the CIA and other American agencies as a key ally in the hunt for al-Qaida operatives in Pakistan. They avoid mentioning the Pakistani spy service by name, for example.Spokesmen for the ISI have repeatedly denied any involvement in the Mumbai attacks to the Guardian.The key witness in the hearings will be David Headley, an American-Pakistani LeT militant who has already told Indian intelligence services that he carried out the surveillance for the Mumbai operation while working for the ISI.Hmmmm.....A nice Nuclear war to take care of the over population?Read the full story here.
- Iran mocks Israeli leaders for 'stupid ideas'.(Ynet).Islamic Republic comments on Meir Dagan remarks regarding potential Israeli attack on Tehran nuclear sites. Iran on Tuesday mocked Israeli officials for flirting with "stupid ideas" after former Israeli spy chief Meir Dagan admitted that an Israeli attack on Tehran's nuclear sites was foolish."It is interesting that Zionist regime officials admit they have stupid ideas, as they have had so many such ideas in the past," foreign ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said at his weekly press conference. His remarks came after former Mossad head Dagan said on May 6 that the possibility of a future Israeli aerial attack on Iran "would be stupid." Dagan, who retired in January after eight years as director of the Israeli intelligence service, suggested that the attack could fail to curb Iran's atomic ambitions while risking engulfing the region in conflict."Anyone attacking Iran needs to understand that it could start a regional war, which will include missile fire from Iran and Hezbollah in Lebanon," he said. Read the full story here.
Makes you wonder on who's on who's side ?
- Syria Live Blog - May 10. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Libya Live Blog - May 10. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan today 5.3 - 5.4 activity. More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 105.
On 09.05.2011 at 14:42 GMT+2
Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) on Monday detected radiation levels in the building housing the faltering No. 1 reactor that far exceeded expected levels reaching as high as 700 millisieverts per hour, the utility firm said. The latest readings for the troubled reactor has lead Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency to embark on new radiation shielding measures so that work to bring the crisis under control can go ahead with risks of massive doses of deadly radiation poisoning hopefully being lessened for the TEPCO workers and their affiliates as they attempt to embark on a massive project to install a nuclear fuel cooling system. TEPCO is currently mulling ideas to protect its workers -- some who have only had a single medical check since the March 11 triple disasters and many who have been exposed to levels of radiation far exceeded legal levels -- such as constructing a metal tunnel for people to walk through, or using lead sheeting to provide increased protection against radioactive substances and increase safer mobility for the workers moving around in high-radiation areas. An area with a double-digit millisievert level, let alone three-digit figures, is quite tough as a working environment. So we have to do the work by using some shielding,'' Hidehiko Nishiyama, a spokesman for the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency, told a press conference.
TEPCO during the press conference were unable to confirm whether the latest measures would be a success and could not say unequivocally whether Asia's largest utility's well-publicized schedule to stabilize the plant's troubled reactors by October would be met. TEPCO said that as 10 to 70 millisieverts per hour were detected in areas where workers would be expected to spend prolonged periods of time inside of the No. 1 reactor, restoration work is possible. But the utility firm opened the main access points to the reactor and in doing do freely released 500 million becquerels of radioactive substances into the atmosphere, where it had gathered in the upper part of the reactor following a massive hydrogen explosion on March 12. Seven TEPCO representatives and two from the nuclear agency entered the reactor in the early hours of Monday morning and measured radiation, working and safety conditions inside the reactor for roughly 30 minutes. Following the reconnaissance mission, the nine people involved were exposed to radiation ranging from between levels of 2.7 millisieverts and 10.56 millisieverts, according the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency. The installation of such cooling equipment is likely to be hampered by high radiation, as the group found several radiation " hot spots," especially around pipes suspected to be clogged with highly radioactive material. The nuclear agency and the Environment Ministry on Monday also began taking readings from highly contaminated rubble from the vicinity of the stricken No. 1 nuclear plant and remove some of the debris and bring it back to laboratories in Tokyo for further tests. The radioactive rubble continues to emit radiation into the atmosphere, the ministry said. Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog
- WTF?Terrorists in Iraqi Prisons Have Cellphones And Are Free To Phone Media And Direct Acts Of Terrorism.(Memri).The security and defense committee of the Iraqi parliament characterized the owning of cellular phones by terrorists held in Iraqi prisons as "a big scandal." A member of the committee who refused to give his name said that the absence of deterrent laws allow officers and prison guards to cooperate with the terrorists and to facilitate their obtaining cell phones at low cost. A number of major terrorist acts were carried out with the help of instructions provided from within the Iraqi prisons.Hmmmm.....Who needs enemies with the Obama regime in charge?Read the full story here.
- State Department Ignores Christian Slaughter.(Aina)."It's time to speak out against hate," declared Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in a video introducing the State Department’s new "campaign to stop bigotry." Created by the Obama administration's Special Representative to Muslim Communities, Farah Pandith, and Special Envoy to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism, Hannah Rosenthal, 2011 Hours Against Hate will "promote respect across lines of culture, religion, tradition, class, and gender." (All 23 current classifications of gender? Just wondering.) The campaign was launched at the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) in Vienna, February 17, 2011.
At the OSCE, Pandith raised legitimate concerns about the defacing of mosques and of Jewish tombs, schools, synagogues, and kosher shops. But she also said that the "latest trends show growing movements that target 'the other' -- be they immigrants, or religious and ethnic minorities, in the name of protecting the identity and 'purity' of their nation." By 2011 Hours Against Hate standards, British Prime Minister David Cameron's declaration that multiculturalism has failed is a dangerous targeting of "the other." Pandith also noted that "permissibility of anti-Muslim speech is growing." Really? A host of individuals facing charges, paying fines, and hiding from death threats would be surprised to hear this. But then it seems permissible to target "the other" of "the other."
"Hate is hate, no matter who the target is," 2011 Hours Against Hate intones. But some targets of hatred appear to be more equal than others. Perhaps because some leftist elites never got over their assumption that Christians are the persecutors, not the persecuted, they have difficulty speaking out against hatred aimed at those whom the mainstream media sees as hate-mongers.
On April 29, 2011, the State Department's Office of International Religious Freedom (IRF) co-sponsored a 2011 Hours Against Hate event. Hosted by George Washington University, the event was billed as a "Town Hall Discussion on U.S. efforts to combat discrimination and hatred against Jews, Muslims, and others." Hopefully, the 100 million-plus Christians experiencing persecution around the world today, along with Hindus, Sikhs, Baha'i, etc., are included in "and others." The IRF office should be reminded that advocates for persecuted Christians played a major role in its creation, along with the creation of the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom(USCIRF). Both were mandates of the 1998 International Religious Freedom Act (IRFA).Though outspoken in their denouncement of hurtful language, the folks at Foggy Bottom have been silent about the massacre of hundreds of Christians in Kaduna State, and several other states in northern Nigeria that took place after Nigeria's federal elections last month. Angry that Christian President Goodluck Jonathan defeated Muslim candidate Muhammadu Buhari, Islamists in the Shariah-ruled north began rioting on Monday, April 18, 2011, after preliminary results of the April 16 election were announced. Soon newspapers featured grisly photos of charred bodies lining the streets. Hundreds of churches were burned and thousands of Christian-owned businesses destroyed, according to the Christian human rights group, Open Doors. And International Christian Concern reported that the Kaduna-based Civil Rights Congress was still "discovering more details of massacres that have been carried out in the hinterland." Upwards of 40,000 Christians have been displaced in the past few weeks.In its comments about the situation in Nigeria, the U.S. State Department disregarded the religious aspect of the post-election mayhem. Secretary of State Clinton's April 19 statement on the elections (available in Arabic as well as English) "deplored violence," but ignored the targeting of Christians. Clinton congratulated Goodluck Jonathan for winning Nigeria’s presidential election, and applauded "the people of Nigeria for their enthusiastic and orderly participation." She did caution that the process was "far from perfect," though, and called on the country’s Independent National Electoral Commission “to transparently review and take appropriate and transparent action on all allegations of “under-age” voters, violence and intimidation, ballot stuffing, and inordinately high turnout in some areas of the country."Although some, including U.S. State Department officials, would paint the post-election violence as purely political, the head of the advocacy group Justice for Jos, attorney Emmanuel Ogebe, refutes this claim. While Muslims and Christians in southern Nigeria get along fine, on this particular occasion there is an intersect between religion and politics when it comes to the Shariah-compliant north. And besides that, Ogebe says that for the Islamists in northern Nigeria, "anything is used as an excuse to kill Christians — beauty pageants, lunar eclipses, school exams, political elections…." These are the sundry reasons in the last dozen years alone that have sparked violent, deadly attacks against Christians. He calls it their "default setting."Ogebe reported that strikes on Christians took place simultaneously in rural districts of a dozen Nigerian states (northern). Some initial attacks took place in the middle of the night, when the Christians were least able to defend themselves. And anti-Christian sentiment was inflamed in many of northern Nigeria's mosques, since in those areas Islamists emerged from mosques with the goal of killing anyone who is an "infidel" whether they voted for the Christian president or not. Victims were made to quote the Quran, not identify for whom they had voted. Nigerian church leaders agree with Ogebe. In a May 3, 2011 press briefing in Kaduna State, leaders of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) called for a federal investigation into the violence that targeted Christians. "Islamic attacks on churches reflect [the] religious dimension of political conflict," said Compass Direct News Service.Pretending the jihad against Nigerian Christians is mere political division and remaining silent about the egregious persecution is about as sensible as pretending the terrorist threat against America is a criminal justice issue, or pretending that justified concerns about the spread of Shariah are Islamophobia that can be squelched by a campaign against hate.Hmmmm....A 'regime' that encourages the killing of Christians, Jews and Budhists!Selfconfessed 'Christian' indeed,beware of false prophets.Read the full story here.
- Brigitte Gabriel: Islamist Persecution of Muslims, Christians, Jews and Minorities.(BigPeace).“It’s of concern, of course, not because all Muslims are behaving this way but because those who are doing it in the name of Shariah are unmistakably seeking this kind of supremacist outcome and it won’t stop with Christian populations and it won’t stop with people in other parts of the world.” – Frank Gaffney concerning recent flash points in Salifist violence against minorities.Today on Frank GAffney’s Secure Freedom Radio, author of They Must Be Stopped, Brigitte Gabriel sets the record straight on the recent history of violent Islamist persecution of Christians, Jews, minorities and other Muslims from the vantage point of an American Arab woman. It has never been more timely to check the historical record against public stereo types. Listen to Brigitte and Frank hear the full story here.
- “Lula” and Barack’s Common Marxist Ties.(NewZeal).Brazil’s immediate past president Luis Ignacio Lula da Silva, a former labor boss, built his Workers Party, an alliance of communists, Trotskyites, “liberation theologists”, black radicals, environmentalists and labor militants, into the most powerful political force in Latin America.Working with Cuba, “Lula” as he is commonly known, has had an huge influence in the revolutionary wave that has swept Latin America since the early 90s.Less widely known is that Lula has enjoyed support and advice from the US’s largest Marxist organization Democratic Socialists of America, since at least the year he founded his Party, 1981.Incidentally, this is around the same time that Barack Obama began his thirty year association with the organization.Obama became involved with D.S.A. when he attended their Socialist Scholars Conferences in New York in the early 1980s. the connection may have gone back even into the late 1970s when he associated with members of Occidental College’s Democratic Socialist Alliance.The Obama/D.S.A. relationship blossomed in Chicago and has never wavered since.D.S.A. member Stanley Gacek is a labor attorney and A.F.L.-C.I.O. and was a long time International Affairs Assistant Director, responsible for the Federation’s relations with Latin America and the Caribbean. He has spoken and written extensively on Brazilian labor and politics and has been a friend and adviser to President Luis Ignacio Lula da Silva and the Workers Party since the early 1980s.In November 2010 Obama awarded John Sweeney the Presidential Medal of Freedom.Socialist revolution is international in scope.The same people who helped deliver Brazil to the socialists and communists, are working to do the same to the U.S.This may help explain why Barack Obama lets Brazil drill for Gulf oil, but denies American companies the same right.He is simply looking after his real friends.Hmmmm..........Democracy or Dictatorship?Read the full story here.
- New Phones being adapted to broadcast "Dear Leader" his messages.(DailyMail). New emergency alert SMS system set to launch (but you can’t block the President’s messages).It's easy to ignore a phone message from someone you don't know that well. But when Barack Obama sends you a text, you listen.A national emergency alert system that will send messages to mobile phones during disasters is set to launch in New York City and Washington by the end of year.The Commercial Mobile Alert System will direct emergency messages to mobile phones in case of a terrorist attack, natural disaster or other serious emergencies.Citizens can opt out of receiving most of the messages, unless they are from the President himself.'If there’s a terrorist bomb set to off in Times Square, you’d be able to tell everyone in the vicinity to get out of there,' one New York official to the New York Post.The alert plan was approved by Congress in 2006 under the Warning Alert and Response Network Act.Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski and Federal Emergency Management Agency administrator Craig Fugate said the new national system will be selective in what it sends out.'These are really focused on the highest levels of alerts, and those that require urgent action,' Fugate said.Genachowski added that officials expect the alerts 'to be very limited.There will be at least three levels of messages, ranging from a critical national alert from the president to warnings about impending or occurring national disasters to alerts about missing or abducted children. People will be able to opt out of receiving all but the presidential alerts, Genachowski said.A special chip is required to allow the phone to receive the messages, and starting next year all new phones will have the technology. Some smart phones already have the chip and software updates will be available when the network goes online later this year, Genachowski said.Fugate said cell phones turned on in the direct vicinity of a disaster - an evacuation zone, for instance - would receive a message warning them of the impending danger. The alert would show up on the phone's front screen, instead of the traditional text message inbox, and arrive with a distinct ring and likely a vibration.Messages are expected to get through even if traditional phone lines are swamped.Hmmmmm......Read the full story here.
- Iran Training “Sleeper” Terrorists in Venezuela?(NewZeal).Iran’s Revolutionary Guard is allegedly training a large number of Kuwaitis, Bahrainis and Saudis in a private training camp located in Waheera, a remote area near the borders of Venezuela and Colombia, and intends to use them to carry out terrorist activities within their respective countries and other areas across the world in case Iran is attacked militarily, Al-Seyassah daily quoted a reliable source as saying.The trainees are first sent to Venezuelan capital Caracas or Colombian capital Bogota via Damascus and from there, they are sent to the border region in cars, one of the militants who broke away from the Iranian group told the daily.Reportedly, the training camp is run by some Iranian intelligence officers and others affiliated to the Revolutionary Guard in cooperation with Hezbollah and Hamas. The trainees were given courses in making bombs, carrying out assassinations, kidnapping people and transporting the hostages to other locations.The trainees have been trained to act in case there is a war against Iran. As per the plan, all embassies of Gulf countries, Egypt, Morocco and Jordan in Latin American countries were to be targeted. These bombings, however, will not be carried out by Iranian Shiites, but mercenaries from poorer countries like Venezuela, Columbia, Ecuador and Bolivia besides some other supporters from Hamas and other individuals so that Iranian involvement won’t even be suspected.Hmmmm......Any idea why Obama doesn't stand up to Iran?Because all his friends are allies of Iran !Read the full story here.
White House PC police fix the Bin Laden press release.(IsraelMatzav).The White House PC police have fixed up the press release announcing Osama Bin Laden's death no longer being a threat to the American people. I thought you would like to see it. I received it by email: Subject: Press Release of bin Laden Raid
Here's a re-write of the press release for the bin Laden raid, as approved by the PC police for publication: Dateline: The White House — Monday, May 2, 2011
Yesterday the President ordered a raid against an al Qaeda compound in Abbottabad, an affluent suburb of Islamabad, Pakistan. A small U.S. team found Osama bin Laden living in a large house in the center of a secured compound. The raid accomplished its objective, and 9/11 mastermind bin Laden no longer is a threat to America.
President Obama privately assured world leaders that although the U.S. finds some satisfaction in Mr. bin Laden’s demise, this does not mean that he thinks American culture is superior to any other. Nor should international leaders assume that military action was America’s first choice. We are all citizens of the world.It can now be revealed that Mr. Obama had extended the hand of friendship to Mr. bin Laden, and would have much preferred to arrange a “beer summit” in the back yard of the White House to discuss their differences. However, since Mr. bin Laden wanted to express his personhood by bringing a rusty knife to the summit, with the intent to saw off Mr. Obama’s head while shouting “Allahu Akbar,” Mr. Obama had no choice but to have Mr. bin Laden shot dead. Several bystanders were killed in the raid, but thankfully, no small animals were harmed.The president regrets that it was not possible to fuel the special operations helicopters with eco-friendly bio fuels, due to the requirements of secret equipment located in the Blackhawk’s tail. However, as part of Mr. Obama’s continuing commitment to a clean environment, the Administration purchased carbon footprint offsets for the aviation fuel used in the raid. The SEALs also took care to protect the environment by using ammunition that had been forged with lead extracted from enemy dead bodies and shots that had previously missed their targets. This prudent recycling reduced the amount of lead that would seep into Abbottabad’s wells and water tables.Read the full 'story' here.
- Boehner hands Obama a yellow card for Taking a “Victory Lap” After Bin Laden Killing.(The Hill) — President Obama is taking “somewhat of a victory lap” following the killing of Osama bin Laden, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Monday.Boehner largely praised Obama’s decision to execute the raid on the al Qaeda leader’s Pakistani compound and the president’s decision not to release photos of bin Laden’s body. But he said that Obama has gone to lengths to take credit for bin Laden’s slaying.“There’s no question that there is somewhat of a victory lap going on,” Boehner said on conservative talker Sean Hannity’s radio show.Some of Obama’s critics questioned his conduct following the bin Laden mission in lieu of his decision not to release the reportedly “gruesome” photos of bin Laden’s body.Critics say there is disparity between the president’s schedule last week, when he held several events with military members and retired veterans, and his comments on CBS’s “60 Minutes,” when he justified the decision to withhold the photos, saying “we don’t spike the football” and it “is not who we are.”Several members of the administration and lawmakers from both political parties pressured Obama to release the photos to prove bin Laden’s death to any doubters, especially those in the Muslim world. But ultimately, Obama disagreed, saying they could inflame radicals sentiments.Hmmmm.....My guess these pictures will surface shortly before the elections.Read the full story here.
- Obama's half-brother runs questionable charity.(NYPost).President Obama's half-brother runs an off-the-books American charity that claims to support poor Kenyans -- but it lies about its federal status and no one knows how it spends its money. The group, the Barack H. Obama Foundation, was named after the president's father and founded by his sibling Abon'go Malik "Roy" Obama, a 53-year-old polygamist who recently made headlines by adding a third wife -- who's still in her teens. Its Web site claims to have provided drinking water in Kenya's Siaya District, which includes the Obama clan's ancestral village. The organization also says it has completed a madrassa, or Muslim school, and is building an imam's residence. A photo of the tidy little school building is displayed on the site.That and other photos on the site are the only purported evidence that the nonprofit has accomplished any of its mission. A group of Missouri State college students who visited the Obama family village of Kogelo in 2009, and who met the president's half-brother, felt something was amiss. They sensed he was an "operator" and decided to give their donation of 400 pounds of medical supplies directly to a local clinic. "We didn't know what he was going to do with them," said Ken Rutherford, a former Missouri State professor who led the trip and who shared in the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize for his work to ban landmines. Rutherford said the Obamas' relatives are the only Muslims in a village of 4,000 Christians and that Malik has a private mosque on his property. Malik started his charity the year his brother ran for president. The foundation claims to be a tax-exempt, federally recognized nonprofit. It is not.Nor are there any filings of its expenditures, which the IRS requires of larger charities. Alton Ray Baysden, a former State Department employee at whose Virginia home the charity was founded in 2008, admitted the organization has not even applied for tax-exempt status. "We haven't been able to find someone with the expertise to do this," he told The Post. "We are informally scouting for an executive director, someone who knows how to register the charity." The charity is not even registered in Virginia, a requirement for soliciting donations in that state. The foundation's Web site includes a donation form that says it has nonprofit status. Charity expert Marcus Owens said knowingly telling donors contributions are tax-deductible if they are not could amount to fraud. "If they haven't applied for exemption, they can't promise their donors that contributions are deductible," said Owens, a lawyer and former IRS official.Malik Obama, reached in Kenya, said the foundation has a budget of $250,000. When asked about why it wasn't a registered charity, Malik, an accountant by trade, said that he was "in process" of changing that. The White House did not return a message seeking comment.Hmmmmm......"Obamas' relatives are the only Muslims in a village of 4,000 Christians "?Read the full story here.
- Michelle Obama welcomes rapper to White House who called for burning of George Bush.(DailyMail).First Lady Michelle Obama has invited a rapper who called for the burning of George Bush to perform at the White House.Lonnie Rashid Lynn Jr, who uses the stage name ‘Common’, will be welcomed at an event celebrating American poetry on Wednesday.He is expected to take part in rap workshops with schoolchildren in the afternoon before performing in the evening.In footage on YouTube he is seen calling for the burning of the former president.‘Burn a Bush cos for peace he no push no button,’ the hip-hop artist raps in one video, which has more than 800,000 views.Other song lyrics reportedly include threats to shoot the police.The controversial rapper hails from President Obama’s hometown Chicago and has also rapped about the former Illinois senator.Hmmmm.....Another 'proud of my country moment'?Read the full story here.
- 'Religion of peace' angered by Christians plan to introduce another official religion in Malaysia.(Al-Arabia).Malaysia’s government was seeking ways on Monday to defuse religious tensions following reports that church leaders were working toward making Christianity an official religion, reports The Associated Press. Muslim activists have filed police complaints demanding an investigation into what they believe is a threat to Islam in this Muslim-majority country.Christian leaders deny the allegations saying these accusations are intended to create suspicions and divisions between Malay Muslims and religious monitories.The allegation surfaced on the Internet in a post by two anonymous political bloggers and went largely unnoticed until on Saturday, when the Utusan Malaysia newspaper reported it on its front page under the headline “Malaysia a Christian nation?”The story said that at a recent meeting dozens of pastors reportedly pledged to make Christianity an official religion and ensure that the prime minister is Christian. Christians comprise 10 percent of Malaysia’s 28 million population.Opposition politician Lim Guan Eng said on Monday, “The government would have to bear full responsibility for any undesirable consequences on the Christian community in Malaysia because of Utusan’s report,” reported AP.Malaysia prides itself on its multiethnic peace between majority Malays, and minority Christians and Tamils. Nevertheless, there have been occasional communal disputes. Malys feel that the Chiense dominate the economy, and Chinese and Tamils both feel that the government’s affirmative action program favors unqualified Malays.Last January, 11 churches were attacked and vandalized after a court verdict that allowed minorities to use the word “Allah” as a translation for God. Nevertheless, observers said that it seemed unlikely that Malaysia, officially an Islamic state, would want to permit another official religion, even though the country is widely considered tolerant of all faith.Hmmmmm.........Total explosion of violence in 3...2....1?Read the full story here.
- Pakistan PM Warns of 'Full Force' Response to Future U.S. Raids.(FOX).Pakistan's prime minister warned the United States Monday that his country could respond to any future U.S. raids on its soil with "full force," in the latest escalation of rhetoric in the wake of Usama bin Laden's death. Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, like other officials in Islamabad, said the killing of bin Laden in northern Pakistan was a positive step. But, reflecting concerns that the unilateral strike violated his country's sovereignty, Gilani sent a clear message to the United States. He warned any "overt or covert" attack would be met with a "matching response" in the future. "Pakistan reserves the right to retaliate with full force. No one should underestimate the resolve and capability of our nation and armed forces to defend our sacred homeland," Gilani said. White House Press Secretary Jay Carney has said the president reserves the right to enter Pakistani territory to act against terror suspects if Pakistan will not, and reiterated that message when asked about Gilani's speech. He said Monday that while the U.S. takes Pakistanis' concerns seriously, the U.S. does "not apologize" for the raid."It's simply beyond doubt in his mind that he had the right and the imperative to do this," Carney said Monday. With analysts combing through the bin Laden files for clues on the whereabouts of Al Qaeda's Ayman al-Zawahiri or Taliban chief Mullah Omar, some are calling on Obama to strike again while Al Qaeda and its allies are staggering. "We have no right to keep our troops on the defense dying, when we know where some of the highest-ranking people in the Taliban are," Bing West, former assistant defense secretary, told Fox News on Monday. Former CIA Director Michael Hayden said that if the U.S. gets bin Laden's deputy -- presumed to be al-Zawahiri -- in its sights, "the same calculus" that was used on bin Laden should apply. But the thought already has Pakistani leaders fuming. Husain Haqqani, Pakistan's ambassador to the U.S., told ABC's "This Week" that the Pakistani government wants to continue "joint operations," but is concerned about the nature of the raid last weekend.Obama, in an interview with CBS' "60 Minutes," confirmed that he did not inform Pakistani officials of the raid in advance, though he praised Pakistan's cooperation considering "we've been able to kill more terrorists on Pakistani soil than just about any place else."Read the full story here.
- Iran’s Leader Orders Murder of Protesters in Syria.(BigPeace).An official source within the Sadr movement, the Iraqi Islamist national movement led by Muqtada al-Sadr, is insisting that Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei of Iran has declared the protesters in Syria to be “God’s enemies,” ordering the Revolutionary Guards and Lebanese Hezbollah to fiercely combat the protesters in Syria and enter into an armed battle with them.In an interview with Al Arabiya, the source, who wished to remain anonymous, revealed that Ayatollah Khamenei held a covert meeting in Tehran with commanders of the Revolutionary Guards, representatives of the Syrian embassy, members of Hezbollah, and leaders of the Sadr movement. There, he demanded that all operational and logistic forces be applied in order to stamp out the blaze of sedition in Syria and to destroy those who are enemies of God in that country.Experts have construed Ayatollah Khamenei’s comments regarding Syria as a form of religious fatwa, which has a direct effect in spreading terror and insecurity in Syria, increasing Iran’s role in destabilizing Arab countries.What’s more, according to the website Green Voice of Freedom, an informed source inside President Ahmadinejad’s administration revealed that the deputy chief of Iran’s National Police, Ahmad-Reza Radan, was part of a security delegation that visited the Syrian capital two weeks ago amidst the intensification of repressions against anti-government protesters in Syria.Radan was a key figure in the brutal suppression of the Iranian protesters following the June 2009 elections in Iran.Ever since the Islamic Revolution in Iran, Syria has proven a staunch ally to the radicals ruling Iran. It has also provided a passageway for the Revolutionary Guards into Lebanon and the Palestinian territories, arming Hezbollah and Hamas.The Revolutionary Guards also have several bases in Syria, where they train and arm militias in the expansion of their terrorist activities in the region and beyond.The Obama administration has substantiated charges of Iranian complicity in Syrian repression. On April 26, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice announced that the United States had evidence of active Iranian support for the Syrian government’s suppression of the peaceful demonstrators.For its part, the Syrian opposition has also claimed that members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards have participated in the shooting and killing of the Syrian protesters. But the leaders of Iran know full well that they have the power to prevent the opposition from succeeding. The fall of Bashar al-Assad’s government in Syria could be a devastating blow to the policies of the radicals in Iran and its proxies in the region, and the mullahs are determined not to let that happen.Hmmmmm.....Hillary ...."Assad is a reformer", save the people in Egypt and Tunesia but let them die in Syria?Read the full story here.
- Arizona Says It Will Ask Supreme Court to Overturn Decision Striking Down Enforcement of Immigration Law.(Yahoo).PHOENIX – Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer announced Monday she will ask the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn a ruling that put the most controversial parts of the state’s immigration enforcement law on hold.The planned appeal to the high court comes after Brewer lost an initial appeal April 11, when a three-judge panel of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals refused to reverse a lower court’s order that prevented key parts of the law from being enforced.Attorney General Tom Horne said going directly to the Supreme Court and skipping a possible second appeal to the 9th Circuit will save time in resolving the case, while Brewer said she is confident “Arizona will prevail in its fight to protect its citizens.”The state must file the appeal by a July 11 deadline, the officials said. The Supreme Court has discretion on whether to hear the appeal on the lower court’s order.“It seems like this is a big enough national issue that it will ultimately be determined by the United States Supreme Court,” Horne said.In its April ruling, the 9th Circuit panel said federal officials are likely to prove the law is unconstitutional and succeed in their argument that Congress has given the federal government sole authority to enforce immigration laws.The Arizona law isn't the only one that has challenged federal primacy in immigration.The U.S. Supreme Court is mulling arguments in an appeal by groups that are trying to overturn a 2007 Arizona law that prohibits employers from knowingly hiring illegal immigrants.Civil rights groups have filed a lawsuit aimed at halting a new immigration law in Utah, saying it violates constitutional rights to due process and is too much like portions of Arizona's immigration law.Read the full story here.
- Council forbids pork and wine buffet outside Muslim prayer hall.(RFI).Authorities in the French city of Nice have forbidden a far-right group to hold a "porchetta and rosé apéritif" outside a Muslim prayer hall. The Nissa Rebela nationalist group says it has already submitted a second request for permission for the event after its first was rejected on Wednesday.The permit was denied on technical grounds, according to the Alpes-Maritimes regional council.Under French law, organisers must seek a licence for all public gatherings at least three days before the event takes place. Nissa Rebela applied after this deadline, the council said.The group's members could face six months in prison and a 7,500-euro fine if they go ahead with the event without permission.But Nissa Rebela insists that the event is still on. The group is calling its supporters to gather outside a Muslim prayer hall on Nice's rue de la Suisse on Friday evening, where it will be serving pork and wine.The worshippers at the hall have been conducting evening prayers in the street, since they say the building is too small to house them.Anti-racism groups and local politicians have strongly condemned Nissa Rebela's plans. The event is deliberately provocative and designed to stir up hatred, said the mayor of Nice, Christian Estrosi.Nissa Rebela courted controversy in 2005 with a stunt that saw them hand out pork soup to homeless people, thereby excluding Jews and Muslims.The group has 15 candidates in local elections this month.Hmmmm.....Ah ! ça ira?Read the full story here.
- Earthquake shifted Japan's land mass, leaving coastal areas under water at high tide.(Yahoo).ISHINOMAKI, Japan - When water begins to trickle down the streets of her coastal neighbourhood, Yoshiko Takahashi knows it is time to hurry home.Twice a day, the flow steadily increases until it is knee-deep, carrying fish and debris by her front door and trapping people in their homes. Those still on the streets slosh through the sea water in rubber boots or on bicycle."I look out the window, and it's like our houses are in the middle of the ocean," says Takahashi, who moved in three years ago.The March 11 earthquake that hit eastern Japan was so powerful it pulled the entire country out and down into the sea. The mostly devastated coastal communities now face regular flooding, because of their lower elevation and damage to sea walls from the massive tsunamis triggered by the quake.In port cities such as Onagawa and Kesennuma, the tide flows in and out among crumpled homes and warehouses along now uninhabited streets.A cluster of neighbourhoods in Ishinomaki city is rare in that it escaped tsunami damage through fortuitous geography. So, many residents still live in their homes, and they now face a daily trial: The area floods at high tide, and the normally sleepy streets turn frantic as residents rush home before the water rises too high."I just try to get all my shopping and chores done by 3 p.m.," says Takuya Kondo, 32, who lives with his family in his childhood home.Most houses sit above the water's reach, but travel by car becomes impossible and the sewage system swamps, rendering toilets unusable.Scientists say the new conditions are permanent. Japan's northern half sits on the North American tectonic plate. The Pacific plate, which is mostly undersea, normally slides under this plate, slowly nudging the country west. But in the earthquake, the fault line between the two plates ruptured, and the North American plate slid up and out along the Pacific plate.The rising edge of plate caused the sea floor off Japan's eastern coast to bulge up — one measuring station run by Tohoku University reported an underwater rise of 16 feet (5 metres) — creating the tsunami that devastated the coast. The portion of the plate under Japan was pulled lower as it slid toward the ocean, which caused a corresponding plunge in elevation under the country.Some areas in Ishinomaki moved southeast 17 feet (5.3 metres) and sank 4 feet (1.2 metres) lower."We thought this slippage would happen gradually, bit by bit. We didn't expect it to happen all at once," says Testuro Imakiire, a researcher at Japan's Geospatial Information Authority, the government body in charge of mapping and surveys.Imakiire says the quake was powerful enough to move the entire country, the first time this has been recorded since measurements began in the late 19th century. In Tokyo, 210 miles (340 kilometres) from Ishinomaki, parts of the city moved 9 inches (24 centimetres) seaward.The drop lower was most pronounced around Ishinomaki, the area closest to the epicenter. The effects are apparent: Manholes, supported by underground piping, jut out of streets that fell around them. Telephone poles sank even farther, leaving wires at head height.Read the full story here.