Sunday, May 8, 2011
Video - Sudanese Islamic Scholar Sheik 'Atiyya Muhammad Sa'id Calls US President Obama an Apostate Who Must Be Executed, and Says: "The Path of Osama Bin Laden Is Our Path".
- Syria Live Blog - May 08. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan today 4.8! More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 103.
Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog
- Live Blog on Qsama Bin Laden Here (Al -Jazeera).
- 22.867 !A total of 22.867 IDF soldiers have fallen in battle or died during their service in Israel's history.HT:AmnonandJonathan.Read the full story here.
- Delta flight to San Diego diverted 'after flight attendant found bomb note in the lavatory'.(Dailymail).A Delta Air Lines flight from Detroit to San Diego was diverted to Albuquerque, New Mexico, after a flight attendant found a note in the lavatory with the word 'bomb' on it.FBI agents rushed to the scene at Albuquerque International Sunport airport at about 10am local time before ushering the 137 passengers and six cabin crew members away and to safety.The Boeing 737 aeroplane was taken to a secure area of the airport while police searched the aisles and quizzed the passengers.The pilot had decided to divert the Delta 1706 flight just before 10am after an attendant found a suspicious note on the plane.Passenger Tim Cole, 55, of a Hazleton, Pennsylvania, said the pilot told passengers a note with the word 'bomb' on it was found in one of the bathrooms.'The captain came on and said "You notice we’re declining. We’re getting ready to divert. It’s probably a hoax, but we’ve got to take this very seriously",' Cole said from Albuquerque airport.The passengers were then held at a warehouse at the airport while FBI agents and dogs searched everyone’s carry-on luggage, he said.'I know some people were afraid but everybody has been pretty good,' he added. 'I travel all the time, so you know, I’m just one of those people who says "What happens, happens." I’m really glad they take it so seriously.' Other passengers said they had not been reassured as to whether the person who wrote the note had been found by authorities.James King wrote on Twitter: 'Most people in good spirits. We have no clue if they figured who among the passengers wrote the [note]'Airport bosses would not confirm the nature of the threat and FBI spokesman Frank Fisher said only that agents were investigating.Delta Air Lines said in a statement that the diversion occurred 'out of an abundance of caution due to a security concern' and added later that the plane had been cleared to take off again after no suspicious devices were found by authorities.TSA officials said in a statement: 'Law enforcement and TSA met the plane, and all passengers have safely deplaned. All passengers and carry-ons were searched by canines, and the plane was swept with negative findings.'Airport officials in Albuquerque said the diversion has not affected incoming or outgoing flights.Read the full story here.
- "The War On Christianity".Egypt 10 Killed 186 wounded,More than 190 people detained in Egypt after sectarian clashes.(Al-Jazeera).Egypt's military rulers have detained 190 people in connection with the clashes between Muslims and Christians in Cairo in which at least 10 people were killed and 186 others wounded.The Supreme Council of the Armed Forces ordered "the transfer of all those arrested in connection with (Saturday's) events, and they number 190, to the Supreme Military Court, as a deterrent to all those who think of toying with the potential of this nation."The council, which has ruled Egypt since a popular uprising toppled president Hosni Mubarak, also said it would "set up a committee to assess the damage from the clashes" and restore property.In a statement on Sunday, it also called on "all communities in Egypt, the youth of the revolution, the national forces and Islamic and Christian scholars to stand like a wall against any attempt by the forces of evil and darkness to tear the national fabric."Egypt's prime minister called an emergency cabinet meeting on Sunday to discuss the violence, a day after witnesses said a mob marched on a Coptic church in the northwestern neighbourhood of Imbaba.The march began over an apparent relationship between a Coptic Christian woman and a Muslim man, amid reports that the woman was being held inside against her will and prevented from converting to Islam.The verbal clash on Saturday soon developed into a full-fledged confrontation where the two sides exchanged gunfire, firebombs and stones, and another church nearby was set on fire.Hmmmm.....Don't even expect the 'selfconfessed Christian President Obama to speak out on this Muslim extremisme.Read the full story here,more here.
- Report: Hamas agrees to Egyptian draft on Shalit deal.(Ynet).Al Jazeera claims Cairo's intelligence services have been able to formulate exchange deal acceptable to Hamas. Deal to be presented to Israel within days.Egyptian intelligence services have prepared a draft for a deal meant to secure the release of kidnapped IDF soldier Gilad Shalit, which Hamas finds acceptable, the Al Jazeera news network reported Sunday.The deal will be presented to Israel through a mediator set to arrive in Cairo in the next few days.According to the network's Palestinian sources, Egypt has received assurances from Hamas that they are interested in completing the deal and so has launched a series of talks with elements within various European countries in order to proceed with the deal.The sources added that the deal was also discussed in the days leading up to the Palestinian factions' reconciliation, and that Hamas Politburo Chief Khaled Mashaal was updated on them during his visit to Cairo.Hmmmmm....Somehow i don't believe a word of it.Read the full story here.
- Syrian city of Homs under siege.(Ynet).Violence continues: At least a dozen killed in Syria's third largest city is surrounded by Assad's forces, electricity and cellular networks cut off.At least 12 people were killed in the Syrian city of Homs as Syrian forces and tanks entered the city, Al-Jazeera reported. Eye witnesses reported that an intensive firefight erupted overnight in Syria's third largest city.According to the reports, the Syrian army has deployed around the city and some neighborhoods have been disconnected from the electricity and cellular networks.The reports of gunfire follow reports from earlier in the weekend that at least three Syrian women were shot dead near a seaside city where soldiers and tanks had deployed to try to quell anti-government protests over the weekend. Ammar Qurabi of the National Organization for Human Rights says the women were protesting the siege and the cutting of electricity and phone lines when they were shot by plainclothes security forces or pro-government thugs. Saturday's shooting occurred in the al-Qoz neighborhood, about a southeast of Banias. Qurabi says gunfire is continuing and several other people have been wounded.Syrian tanks rolled into Banias Saturday in an escalating crackdown by President Bashar Assad against anti-regime protesters.Hmmmm......Obama regime :Assad is a 'reformer' ..well he's doing a lot of 'reforming' lately.Read the full story here.
- The Obama regime is calling on it's 'troops' election war has started.(BigGovernment).From WTMJ, Wisconsin:
The AFL-CIO is cutting ties to people who do business with Governor Scott Walker. On Thursday, the union withdrew more than $100,000 from M&I Bank. Union leaders are upset bank executives contributed to Governor Walker’s election campaign.Hmmmm.....You're eighter with me or against me?"Get in their faces and wallets"?Read and see the full story here.
- The First-Person Presidency.President Obama takes credit for operations that would have been impossible had Senator Obama’s views prevailed. (NationalReview).Here are a few excerpts from President Obama’s speech on Sunday night about the killing of Osama bin Laden.“Tonight, I can report . . . And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta . . . I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden . . . I met repeatedly with my national security team . . . I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action. . . . Today, at my direction . . . I’ve made clear . . . Over the years, I’ve repeatedly made clear . . . Tonight, I called President Zardari . . . and my team has also spoken. . .These efforts weigh on me every time I, as Commander-in-Chief . . . Finally, let me say to the families . . . I know that it has, at times, frayed. . . .”Most of these first-person pronouns could have been replaced by either the first-person plural (our, we) or proper nouns (the United States, America). But they reflect a now well-known Obama trait of personalizing the presidency.The problem of first-personalizing national security is twofold. One, it is not consistent. Good news is reported by Obama in terms of “I”; bad news is delivered as “reset,” “the previous administration,” “in the past”: All good things abroad are due to Obama himself; all bad things are still the blowback from George W. Bush.Two, there is the small matter of hypocrisy. The protocols for taking out Osama bin Laden were all established by President Bush and all opposed by Senator and then candidate Obama. Yet President Obama never seeks to explain that disconnect; indeed, he emphasizes it by the overuse of the first person. When the president reminds us this week of what “over the years I’ve repeatedly made clear,” does he include his opposition to what he now has institutionalized?Okay, the public perhaps understands all that hypocrisy as the stuff of presidential politics. But I think it will not quite accept the next step of taking full credit in hyperbolic first-person fashion for operations that would have been impossible had his own views prevailed.Hmmmmm........"Hypocrisy exposed"?Read the full story here.
- Former Obama Adviser Robert Malley Still Making ‘Uncle Yassir’ Arafat Proud.(BigPeace).Perhaps the most damaging blow to Middle East peace in recent history is the Hamas/Fatah “unity deal” announced by both terrorist parties. Fatah, run by PA President Mahmoud Abbas tries to project a respectable image to the non-Muslim world this leads them to tone down the terrorist activity a bit and even try to negotiate with Israel every once in a while. Peace has never been an objective of Fatah–just the appearance of wanting peace so the terrorist group can remain the favorite-child of liberal governments, including ours.Here in the United States, some of the Palestinians’ most useful propaganda tools are already taking advantage of the progressive media already heralding the agreement as the best thing for peace. Take, for example, Robert Malley. For those who are unfamiliar with Mr. Malley, he is a former adviser to Barack Obama, and a second-generation Israel hater. I do not believe the sins of the father is visited on the son, but this son has chosen to follow in his dad’s footsteps.Malley grew up in France, where his Egyptian-born father, Simon Malley, and New York raised mother, Barbara (Silverstein) Malley, were radical publishers of a controversial magazine about Africa and the so-called Third World. Malley’s parents were rabidly anti-Israel and counted Yasir Arafat as a personal friend. Indeed, Arafat was among those “leaders” (for want of a better word) who had intervened with the French government to readmit the Malley family to France after they had been expelled for their radical activities.Malley’s personal pedigree not only includes a host of anti-Israel articles, but the former aide to Bill Clinton is the only American privy to the Clinton peace efforts to blame Israel for their lack of success. Everyone else, including the former President, said that Yassir Arafat walked away from a “sweetheart” deal. He was also believed to be the chief source for an article by Deborah Sontag that whitewashed Arafat’s role in the collapse of the peace process, an article that has been widely criticized as riddled with errors and bias.OK let me understand this for a second. The Muslim Brotherhood considers Iran its role model. Hamas and Iran have been allies for a very long time. If Hamas drifts away from Tehran toward Cairo, isn’t it drifting back toward Tehran? I know, Malley is just trying to confuse me–either that or trying to mislead the reader.Then again, that is Malley’s modus operandi–confuse, distort and lie, I guess that’s what makes him the prefect Middle East guru for an organization “owned” by George Soros. Sadly, when a progressive newspaper such as the Washington Post publishes an op-ed from people like Mr. Malley, whose anti-Israel opinion matches their editorial philosophy, they feel no need to explain his background.Hmmmm....Anyone surprised that Obama has 'adivisors' like this?Read the full story here.
- Pakistan paints dismal image of bin Laden's end.(TodaysZaman).Pakistan's military paints a different picture than the United States of Osama bin Laden's final days: far from the terror mastermind still trying to strike America, he's seen as an aging terrorist hiding in barren rooms, short of money and struggling to maintain his grip on al-Qaeda. But the CIA is saying he was in touch with key members of al-Qaeda, playing a strong role in planning and directing attacks by al-Qaeda and its affiliates in Yemen and Somalia, senior US officials said Friday, citing documents found during the Monday morning raid in which bin Laden was killed.Three of bin Laden's wives were living with him in the compound and are being interrogated by Pakistani authorities, who took them into custody after Monday's raid, along with 13 children, eight of them bin Laden's.Their accounts could help shed light on the US military operation that killed the al-Qaeda leader and reveal how he was able to avoid capture for nearly 10 years.One of the wives, identified as Yemeni-born Amal Ahmed Abdullfattah, told interrogators she had been staying in bin Laden's hideout since 2006 and never left the upper floors of the large but sparsely furnished building, said a Pakistani intelligence official, speaking on condition of anonymity in line with the agency's policy.The official did not indicate whether bin Laden was with her the whole time, a period in which the Pakistani military says the al-Qaeda chief's influence and financial status eroded.Disputes over money between bin Laden and his No. 2, Ayman al-Zawahri, led the group to split into two factions five or six years ago, with the larger faction controlled by al-Zawahri, according to two senior Pakistani military officials. Bin Laden was "cash strapped" in his final days, they said.Bin Laden's first priority, an official said, was his own security. But the data shows that he was far more active in providing guidance and telling affiliated groups in Yemen and Somalia what they should or should not be doing.The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive material.The confiscated materials revealed al-Qaeda plans for derailing an American train on the upcoming 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, US counterterrorism officials say.They believe the plot, which seemed to be formulated in February 2010, was only in the initial planning stages, and there was no recent intelligence about any active plan for such an attack. The FBI and Homeland Security issued an intelligence bulletin with details of the plan to law enforcement around the country. The bulletin, marked "for official use only," was obtained by the AP.Hundreds of members of radical Islamic parties protested in several Pakistani cities Friday against the US raid that killed bin Laden."America is celebrating Osama bin Laden's killing, but it will be a temporary celebration," said Abdullah Sittar Chishti, a member of the Jamiat Ulema Islam party who attended a rally in Khuchlak, a town in southwestern Baluchistan province."After the martyrdom of Osama, billions, trillions of Osamas will be born," Chishti said.Some of the protesters expressed doubt that bin Laden was actually killed since the US has refused to release pictures of his body.Al-Qaeda confirmed bin Laden's death in an Internet statement Friday and warned that it would seek revenge by attacking the United States. And the Afghan Taliban issued a statement saying the al-Qaeda leader's death would boost morale among insurgents battling the US and NATO in Afghanistan.Bin Laden and his associates did not offer significant resistance when the American commandos entered the compound, in part because "stun bombs" thrown by the US forces had disoriented them, two Pakistani officials said late Thursday, citing accounts by bin Laden's wives and children.Pakistani authorities found an AK-47 and a pistol in the house, with evidence that one bullet had been fired from the rifle, said one of the officials."That was the level of resistance" they put up, he said.His account is roughly consistent with the most recent one given by US officials, who now say only one of the five people killed in the raid was armed and fired any shots, a striking departure from the intense and prolonged firefight described earlier by the White House and others in the administration.US officials say three men and a woman were killed alongside bin Laden, including one of his sons.Bin Laden's wife, Abdullfattah, was shot in the leg and did not witness her husband being killed, a Pakistani military official said. One of the al-Qaeda leader's daughters did see the Americans kill her father, he said.CIA officers have not been given access to the women or children in custody, the official said.Read the full story here.
- Pakistan ISI Chief Lt.-Gen. Pasha Heads For U.S. To Discuss Bin Laden Issue, Is Sought By New York Court.(Memri).Lt.-Gen. Shuja Pasha, the chief of Pakistani military’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) who is sought by a New York court for his agency’s role in the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks case, has left for Washington to discuss Pakistan’s position over Osama bin Laden’s killing, according to a Pakistani daily.According to a report on the website of The Express Tribune daily, Lt.-Gen. Pasha left Friday for U.S. to discuss Pakistan’s position on the U.S. Navy SEALs unilateral assault to kill Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad last Sunday.It should be noted that a court in New York recently summoned the ISI chief and a number of Pakistani military officials and militant commanders to appear in a case brought by relatives of American citizens killed in the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks. The Pakistani military, however, has neither confirmed nor denied reports of Lt.-Gen. Pasha’s visit to Washington, according to the report. The ISI chief is expected to meet CIA chief Leon Panetta during his visit with whom he will discuss intelligence sharing between the two countries."Pakistan has been facing the far right’s wrath at home and criticism abroad over the circumstances that had led to the killing of bin Laden. The killing of bin Laden has put a strain on Pak-U.S. relations," the report said.In the New York court case, summonses were issued to Lt.-Gen. Pasha, other Pakistani army officials, Hafiz Muhammad Saeed (chief of Pakistani jihadist organization Lashkar-e-Taib) and Saeed’s accomplice Zakiur Rahman Lakhvi (who is in Pakistani custody over the Mumbai terror attacks.) It’s not clear whether the U.S. court has yet issued arrest warrants against them.Read the full story here.
- If It Is Time To Sell Gold Then Why Are Central Banks Hoarding Gold Like Crazy?(TheAmericanDream).Has the time to sell gold now arrived? Before you start dumping all of your gold, you might want to check out what central banks all over the globe have been doing. There is some serious hoarding of gold that is going on. For most of the past two decades, central banks have been net sellers of gold, but now many of them are gobbling up gold as fast as they can. So why would they be doing this if gold was not a good investment? Yes, we did see gold, silver and oil all take a very serious tumble today. That is what happens sometimes - global financial markets are so unstable at this point that even a piece of relatively minor news can set off a bit of a panic in one direction or another. But the long-term trend for gold has been up, up, up and it look like the central banks around the world continue to expect the price of gold to soar over the long-term.
The central bank of Mexico gobbled up almost 100 tons of gold during February and March alone.
So how much is 100 tons of gold?
The following is how The Economic Policy Journal is describing the significance of this purchase....The purchase is one of the largest by a central bank in recent history. The gold is worth $4.6 billion at current prices and is equivalent to about 3.5 per cent of annual mined outputBut it isn't just Mexico that is buying up gold. As an article on Bloomberg recently noted, countries such as Russia and Thailand have also been very busy hoarding gold this year....Russia increased its reserves by 18.8 tons to 811.1 tons in March and Thailand expanded assets by 9.3 tons to 108.9 tons in the same month. As faith in the U.S. dollar and other major global currencies falters, the big central banks around the globe are making sure that they have plenty of precious metals on hand.Just like with anything else in today's financial world, the price of gold is likely to continue to experience wild swings in price from one day to another.But the long-term trend is clearly up.In the end, the U.S. dollar and all other major global currencies are going to fail.When that day arrives, you will be much better off holding gold than holding a whole lot of worthless paper.Hmmmm.......How long before the feds will come after your gold?Read the full story here.
- Saterday President Obama played his usual course at Andrews Air Force Base with two of his usual foursome – White House aide Marvin Nicholson and Energy Department official David Katz – as well as guest golfer Ray LaHood, the secretary of transportation.
Hmmmmmm.............Transportation....taxing Americans as the drive?Read the full story here.
- Pakistan again discloses local CIA boss.(IndiaTimes).WASHINGTON: Amid bitter, recriminatory exchanges between the United States and Pakistan over the Osama bin Laden extermination, planned bilateral visits of President Asif Ali Zardari to Washington DC and a return trip of President Barack Obama to Islamabad are both in jeopardy. Ties between the two sides are expected to slide further following Pakistan's "outing" of the CIA station chief in Islamabad on Saturday. In a sign of how bad ties are between the two countries, Pakistani media on Saturday once again publicly named the CIA station chief in Islamabad, a breach of both protocol and trust, that is bound to enrage Washington. A Pakistani TV channel and a newspaper considered mouthpieces of the country's military said the ISI chief Ahmed Shuja Pasha had met CIA station chief Mark Carlton to protest US incursion into Abbottabad to kill al-Qaida chief Osama bin Laden. CIA station chiefs remain anonymous and unnamed in public although the host government is told. Earlier, the Obama administration had asked Pakistan to disclose names of its top intelligence operatives to determine whether they had contact with Osama or his agents. The latest breach indicates that a section of the Pakistani military-intelligence establishment is determined to run the CIA out of the country fearing that the ISI's links with terror groups and its sheltering of terrorist leaders will be exposed. Zardari has been waiting to come to US practically every week for several months now, with Hussain Haqqani, his ambassador in Washington, doing the spadework for the visit. The visit was first slated for March and then pushed to May as ties headed south after the Raymond Davis episode. The disclosure that the CIA established a safehouse in Abbottabad within sighting distance of the Osama's compound under the ISI's nose had also rattled the military brass. And in a further embarrassment for the ISI, it now transpires that Osama lived in village just off the town of Haripur on the Abbottabad Highway for 2-1/2 years before he moved into the new compound. That would make it at least 7-1/2 years that he lived close to urban settlements.Read the full story here.
- Salafis Call for Islamic State, Prosecution of Coptic Pope.(Aina).Thousands of Salafis staged three protests in Cairo after Friday prayers to highlight the ten demands they announced during protests in Alexandria Sunday.They staged the first protest in front of Fateh mosque in Ramses Square, the second in front of Noor mosque in Abbasseya, and the third on Ramses street.Their demands include the prosecution of the Coptic Pope and the release of two priests' wives believed to have converted to Islam and rumored to be detained by the church and the inspection of churches and monasteries. They also want a dispute between Sheikh Hafez Salama and the Ministry of Religious Endowments resolved.Hundreds of Salafis protested in front of Noor mosque supporting Salama amid a noticeable police and military presence.Thousands of Salafis who said they are members of the "Coalition Supporting New Muslims" protested in front of Fateh mosque, calling for the prosecution of the Coptic Pope over the alleged detention of the priests' wives, Camelia Shehata and Wafa Constantine.Protesters called for an Islamic state and stressed that they would not leave the area around Noor mosque until their demands are met.Read the full story here.
- "The War on christianity".Nigeria - Muslim attackers reportedly killed 17 Christians, including the wife and three children of a pastor.ABUJA, NIGERIA (BosNewsLife)-- Christians in northern Nigeria were mourning Saturday, May 7, after Muslim attackers reportedly killed 17 Christians, including the wife and three children of a pastor. Several Christian homes were also burned in the village of Kurum in Nigeria's tense Bauchi State, said advocacy group International Christian Concern (ICC).ICC told BosNewsLife that it learned about the massacre Friday, May 6. “It is not right for anyone to kill another person, life is precious and a gift from God," explained ICC's Regional Manager for Africa, Jonathan Racho. No more details were immediately available, but the attack was the latest in a series of recent incidents in which hundreds of people died.The latest round of violence followed April elections in which President Goodluck Jonathan, a southern Christian, was declared the winner.Muslim supporters of his rival Muhammadu Buhari, a former military ruler, protested the outcome and attacked churches, witnesses said.Racho said ICC has urged Nigeria's government to "prevent the bloodshed of innocent Christians in northern Nigeria. Nigeria must end impunity for the perpetrators of these heinous crimes.”Jonathan warned last week he was considering imposing a state of emergency in two northern states.Read the full story here.
- 'Airport fuel crisis far from over'.Are Israel's strategic reserves compromised?(Ynet).Days after fuel contamination effectively suspends Israel's air traffic mysterious substance has yet to be identified. Ben Gurion International Airport still suffers massive delays; fuel shortage cripples national airfield.Three days have passed since a mysterious jet fuel contamination brought air traffic at Ben Gurion International Airport to a halt, and authorities still do not know what caused the problem.Paz Aviation Assets, one of the airport's two major jet fuel providers, said Sunday that the German laboratory which received the contaminated fuel samples has yet to begin testing them.The Israel Institute of Energy and Environment, which originally tested the oily substance found in the airport's fueling terminal's filters, was unable to recognize its molecular structure; prompting authorities to rush samples to a German laboratory used by the US military. They, however, are said to have refused to conduct the test. The reason for the refusal was not disclosed. The changing reports as to new possible contaminations have sent Israel's smaller airfield into chose: Sunday morning saw all flights at Sde Dov Airport temporarily suspended after concerns were raised that planes have refueled using a possibly contaminated reserve. The Tel Aviv airfield also encountered difficulties using the clean fuel delivered to it from the Emergency Fuel Depository in Eilat. The Airport Authority later cleared the airfield's fuel depository for use, restoring it to normal activity, but officials say those few hours have caused gridlock at the airfield, prompting its captains to divert all flights to the Ben Gurion International Airport. Deputy Director of Israeli airline Arkia Nir Dagan said Sunday that he "never encountered this kind of a crisis and the situation is only getting worse. Sde Dov Airport activities have been paralyzed with delays expected at Ben Gurion airport as well. And it is just getting worse."There is a severe fuel shortage at Ben Gurion Airport. Paz and Aviation Assets must provide answers because it is impossible to operate Israel's civil aviation in this manner."Eilat airfield did not fare better: the fuel shortage and contamination concerns cause severe flight delays and hundreds of passengers are still stranded. Eilat's lack of alternative airfield means that the situation there is worse than in other Israeli airfields. Paz said that "the fuel supplied to Sde Dov is from Israel's strategic reserves and was approved by the Fuel and Gas Administration. Ynet discovered that so far, 300,000 liters of jet fuel were pumped out of Ben Gurion Airport's fuel reservoir so that they could be cleansed. The reservoir itself holds three million liters, suggesting it would take three weeks to empty out and replace the fuel. Earlier, a Paz statement said that it has asked the National Infrastructure Ministry to weigh in on its dealing with the laboratory,adding that its fuel reserves have been tested again and found up to code. The company added that it was exploring two alternative ways to carry out the fueling process, saying: "We have consulted a panel of senior chemists and Air Force and refinery specialists and all tests indicate that the jet fuel is clean."Saturday saw the Aviation Authority subject fuel used for El-Al planes to rigorous testing, performed by Air Force experts. The findings have yet to be released.Hmmmm......Just like with Rommel ,the fuel is Israel's weak point it seems,who's driving the tankers?Read the full story here.
- Turkish Journalists "Why are we here in prison"?(HurriyetDaily).After a pat-down, we handed over everything except the clothes on our backs and were subjected to a metal-detector test, an ID check and a retina scan before we were let inside. It was my first visit to a prison.The artwork by inmates that hung on the cold walls was not enough to disperse the gloomy, unsettling environment inside Silivri prison.I had come to the Istanbul facility with a group of journalists, all members of the Freedom for Journalists Platform, the day after the world celebrated World Press Freedom Day on May 3. We were there to see just how grim the picture was for some of the 67 jailed journalists in Turkey.We were taken to the visitors’ room, where we waited for the first jailed journalist to be brought in for our meeting. I looked out of the narrow window while we waited; it was nearly impossible to see the sky through the bars.Kanaltürk founder Tuncay Özkan was brought in next. Though he had clearly been paying attention to his appearance and had an athletic look about him, the worry lines were obvious on his face. Özkan also complained about the physical limitations of his single-person cell. With much of his cell monitored by security cameras, Özkan said he had difficulty showering comfortably. Dampness is also an issue. “I witnessed here that moss blooms and flowers,” he said.
“If only I knew what my crime was, I would serve my time for as long as they want,” Özkan said. “But this case is political; it is illegal.” The handcuffs around his wrists made him resent going to court. It was obvious the 32 months he has spent behind bars had left deep scars.Investigative reporter Nedim Şener, a columnist for Posta, shares a cell with fellow reporter Ahmet Şık. They both say they too have no idea what their crimes are. “They tell us to prove our innocence, but they can’t prove we are guilty,” Şık said with a burst of energy. He said he is bothered by the hum echoing through the empty halls and usually tries to sleep during the day. Indeed, the background noise was so headache-inducing and loud that conversation was difficult.OdaTV owner Soner Yalçın was brought into the meeting next. “I spent my career trying to uncover structures such as Ergenekon,” Yalçın said. “I told the prosecutor that we could work together to bring this to light. But now I see that through their mentality, they will not be able to sentence anyone.”OdaTV writer Müyesser Yıldız was also excited to meet her colleagues. She eagerly told us that she wrote for the online news portal only three times, and did not know Yalçın. “I don’t even know what my crime is,” she said, adding that from now on she would use a typewriter instead of a computer to avoid false accusations. Yıldız shares a cell with three other women, in a prison meant for men. She also told us how much she misses her son.Mehmet Haberal, the founder of Başkent Hospital in Ankara and owner of Kanal B, echoed the same sentiments as the others, questioning why he was behind bars. “I was put on trial for signing a petition after the Sept. 12  coup. How can I be pro-coup when I was asked to run for president in 2000 by Bülent Ecevit?” he asked. (Former President Ecevit, of course, had been ousted by the military coup.)Professor Yalçın Küçük seemed cheery and dynamic as he entered the meeting room. His voice had a lighthearted tone as he told us he was an experienced inmate. “Don’t ask me about prison conditions. I have been under arrested the longest in the country after [Workers’ Party leader] Doğu Perçinek,” the writer said.In total, we met with 15 journalists behind bars. All are from different political backgrounds, but all ask the same question: “What is our crime? Why are we here?”Hmmmmm......Erdogan.....Obama's ally and friend according to Obama the'example of Islam in a democracy'.Pretty scary when you stop to think about it.Read the full story here.
- US consulate in Jerusalem spying on Samaria residents?(IsraelMatzav).Is the US consulate in Jerusalem trying to spy on Jewish residents of Samaria? That's certainly what it sounds like from this story. The story began about a month ago, when Jonathan Cullen, Political Officer at American Consulate in Jerusalem, phoned a resident of the town of Yitzhar and asked to visit the community.“He said he wanted to meet with me,” said Avraham Binyamin, “as well as with the rabbis of the Od Yosef Chai (Joseph Still Lives) yeshiva, and to hear about the book Torat HaMelekh.” Binyamin told INN that he feared that the request had an ulterior motive, as the book in question has aroused much controversy and opposition; it deals with “Jewish warfare in Jewish Law,” including discussions of if and when Jewish Law permits killing enemy civilians.Upon further investigation, Binyamin found that his instincts were correct: Cullen had been “caught red-handed” several months earlier touring the Shomron and taking photos of Jewish towns together with the head of Peace Now’s Settlement Tracking Committee, Hagit Ofran .David HaIvri of the Shomron Regional Council's Liaison Office, who was personally acquainted with Cullen, asked the consular officer at the time, “Are you a spy?”Binyamin informed Cullen, just a few days ago, that he did not want to meet with him, and that if wished to pursue the matter, he should do so via conventional channels.Hmmmm.....Obama regime spying for their Palestinian buddies?Read the full story here.
Hmmmm......In this day and age of telecommunications,passing around little secret notes,looks pretty suspicious.
Saturday, May 7, 2011
- Syria Live Blog - May 07. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan today 4.8! More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 103.
Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog
- Live Blog on Qsama Bin Laden Here (Al -Jazeera).
- Did Naval Burial Ceremony for Bin Laden Curse Jews and Christians, and Confer Pardon and Paradise on the Muslim Mass Murderer?(AmericanThinker).Anneke Green has a disturbing analysis in the Washington Times which indicates the very likely specifics of the burial ceremony aboard the USS Carl Vinson -- repeatedly noted by witless counter-terrorism czar John Brennan to be in strict "conformance to Islamic requirements" -- for pious Muslim jihadist Osama Bin Laden, orchestrator of the mass murder of Americans on 9/11/2001.
But what Green's discussion omits is that before this supplication, the required prayer service (see p. 34) includes the opening sura (chapter) of the Koran, or "Fatiha". As copiously documented by the most authoritative Muslim Koranic commentaries -- past and present -- verse 1.7 from this sura includes an eternal curse upon Jews and Christians, as noted in this official modern Koranic translation by Drs. Muhammad al-Hilali and Muhammad Khan (p.12):
"The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger (such as the Jews), nor of those who went astray (such as the Christians)."
As the Koranic commentary Tafsir al-Jalalayn explains, Muslims are told in the verse preceding Koran 1:6,
"Guide us on the straight path" means, direct us to it.
The commentary continues, It is followed by its appositive [in verse 7], "...the Path of those You have blessed," with guidance, "not of those with anger on them," who are the Jews, "nor of the misguided,"who are the Christians. The grammatical structure here shows that those who are guided are not the Jews or the Christians. Allah Almighty knows best what is correct, and to Him is the return and the homecoming. May Allah bless our Master Muhammad and His family and Companions and grant them abundant peace always and forever. Allah is enough for us and the best Protector. There is no strength nor power except by Allah, the High, the Immense.
The modern Koranic commentary Ma'ariful Qur'an, written by Maulana Mufti Muhammad Shafi (1898-1976), former Grand Mufti of (pre-Partition) India, and founder of Darul Ulum Karachi, is the best known Koranic commentary in Urdu. This modern Koranic exegesis comports with the classical commentary on verse 1:7, highlighting the Koran's strident antisemitism, and accompanying Christianophobia:
Those who have incurred Allah's wrath are the people, who in spite of being quite familiar with the commandments of Allah willfully go against them out of a calculated perversity or in the service of their desires, or, in other words, who are deficient in obeying divine injunctions. This, for example, was the general condition of the Jews who were ready to sacrifice their religion for the sake of a petty worldly gain, and used to insult and sometimes even to kill their prophets.
As for (those who go astray), they are the people who, out of ignorance or lack of thought, go beyond the limits appointed by Allah, and indulge in excess and exaggeration in religious matters. This, for example, has generally been the error of the Christians who exceededthe limits in their reverence for a prophet and turned him into a god. On the one hand, there is the rebelliousness of the Jews who not only refused to listen to the prophets of Allah but went on to kill them; on the other hand, there is the excessive zeal of the Christians who deified a prophet.
There is more than ample reason that the Navy Military Funerals protocol was indeed followed -- a logical inference, which at any rate should be confirmed or denied by release of the reported video footage of Bin Laden's "ceremonial burial" -- because as Anneke Green notes:
According to the Pentagon, "prepared religious remarks" were read at bin Laden's funeral, but when asked whether his burial was performed according to Navy Military Funeral protocol, they had "no additional operational details or comments to make." Mr. Brennan, however, in his Monday briefing on the bin Laden operation, reassured reporters that, "Burial at sea takes place on a regular basis. The U.S. military has the ability to ensure that that burial is done in a manner that is, again, consistent with Islamic law, as well as consistent with what the requirements are for a burial at sea. And so that burial was done appropriately."The grotesque dhimmitude in these apparent details -- so destructive of our nation's soul, in accord with the fundamental goal of Islamic supremacism -- defies speech, and demands a thorough public airing for all Americans, first and foremost those whose family members were slaughtered during the 9/11/2001 acts of jihad terrorism. Thomas Lifson adds:
Since the Navy is likely to be reluctant to go into details, and Obama administration officials equally reticent about the specifics, a House investigation is called for into the funeral rites performed over and honors accorded America's worst enemy of the century.Hmmmmm......Can we impeach him then?Read the full story here.
- Hey...hey you ...yes you ..The patriot!Is the Obama regime Checking on You?(Cato).Record Number of Americans Targeted by National Security Letters.By Julian Sanchez.The latest report to Congress on the Justice Department’s use of foreign intelligence surveillance powers has just been released, and it shows a truly stunning increase in the number of Americans whose sensitive phone, Internet, and banking records were obtained by the FBI — without judicial oversight — pursuant to National Security Letters. In 2009, a total of 14,788 NSL requests were issued targeting U.S. persons — a number that excludes requests for “basic subscriber information” as opposed to phone or e-mail logs — and 6,114 different Americans were affected by those demands for information. In 2010, the number of NSL requests targeting Americans rose to 24,287,nearly double of 2009.What’s really shocking, however, is the number of people affected. A whopping 14,212 American citizens and permanent residents had records of their financial, telephone, and online activity seized last year. The previous record, set in 2005, was 9,475. Were you one of those 14,212? If so, what did the FBI get? Thanks to the gag orders that come with NSLs, you will almost certainly never get to find out. But even if the Bureau decides there’s no reason to continue investigating you, whatever data they obtained — lists of phone numbers, credit card purchases, financial transactions, e-mail correspondents, or IP addresses visited — are likely to remain in a massive government database indefinitelyThis pattern suggests that the Bureau is doing broader but shallower investigation — sweeping more people into the information vacuum, but issuing fewer requests per person, presumably because the results of the initial request provide few grounds for further scrutiny. Needless to say, the overwhelming majority of those people are not terrorists — and, indeed, are probably guilty of nothing more than a second- or third-degree connection to the subject of an investigation. Remember, as expiring Patriot Act provisions come up for reauthorization at the end of this month: These tools are fundamentally not about spying on terrorists. The government has always had ample power to do that. They’re about authority to spy on the innocent.Hmmmm.....So who's the Obama regime spying on?Read the full story here.
- Former Bush Adviser Andrew Card 'Obama Has Pounded His Chest a Little Too Much'.(Spiegel).Andrew Card served as the White House chief of staff for the first five years of George W. Bush's presidency. In a SPIEGEL interview, Card speaks about Bush's failed efforts to get bin Laden, how President Obama "has pounded his chest a bit too much" and why it's OK to celebrate a terrorist's death.
SPIEGEL: You are the man who whispered into then-President George W. Bush's ear in an elementary school on Sept. 11, 2001 that a second plane had just crashed into the World Trade Center. Those words were the beginning of a relentless hunt for Osama bin Laden. Where were you last Sunday, May 2, when the world learned bin Laden was dead?
Andrew Card: I was at a reading at the Ford Theater in Washington. I am coming out, and my BlackBerry is going crazy. I had no idea what was going on. And then I get an e-mail saying, "USA! USA! USA!" Then I get the next e-mail, saying that Osama bin Laden has been killed.
SPIEGEL: Did you talk to President Bush?
Card: We exchanged e-mails. The response I got from him, which was at 5:44 a.m. his time, in Texas, said: "Great day!" That's all it said. He is very efficient.
SPIEGEL: At the beginning of the war in Iraq, you reassigned many experts. Did President Bush set any priorities higher than the hunt for bin Laden?
Card: He had many top priorities, but I honestly do not believe that the president neglected the hunt for bin Laden. People we moved out were replaced. I think there was a dedicated team whose job it was to wake up every day and say: "Where is Osama bin Laden today?"
SPIEGEL: But now President Obama is the big winner…
Card: I think he has pounded his chest a little too much. He can take pride in it, but he does not need to show it so much.
SPIEGEL: He didn't appear triumphant while announcing bin Laden's death.
Card: I thought his statement was subdued, but I think his schedule is not subdued. Personally, I think it is premature to go to Ground Zero, in New York. I think my role model in this would be George H. W. Bush, when the Berlin Wall came down in 1989. It was a day to celebrate, but we did not dance on the Wall.Read the full story here.
- Issa Calls Holder to Account,how bad does Project Gunrunner get?(PajamasMedia)On May 3, Congressman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) managed to haul Attorney General Eric Holder in front of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, where he is the chairman, to discuss “Project Gunrunner.”Project Gunrunner was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) operation in which as many as 2,000 firearms were allegedly allowed to walk across the Mexican border in an attempt to track down the “big fish” in the gun trafficking rings — and, presumably, the drug cartels. The attempt not only failed but, according to Issa, resulted in the deaths of two federal agents.Issa had previously subpoenaed documents and personnel from the Department of Justice and from ATF — and was flatly refused.According to a story originally broken by CBS News earlier this year, the operation was designed to allow “straw buyers” (who purchase the weapons for someone else) to buy high quality weapons, including .50 caliber sniper rifles, from cooperating licensed dealers in the U.S. ATF would then track those weapons and hopefully take down the gun-running rings and perhaps the cartels as well.Some of those weapons were allegedly used by criminals to murder Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry and Immigrations and Customs Enforcement Agent Jaime Zapata.An assertion which Holder said he found “offensive”:
The notion that somehow or another that this Justice Department is responsible for those deaths — that assertion is offensive.
As The Daily Caller reports, a combative Issa fired back:
What if it’s accurate, Mr. Attorney General? What am I going to tell Agent Terry’s mother about how he died at the hand of a gun that was videotaped as it was being sold to a straw purchaser fully expecting it to end up in the hands of drug cartels?Holder will also testify in front of Grassley’s committee — where, presumably, he will also face tough questions. It all comes down to this: how high does this go? Who knew about it, and when did they know it? America needs answers.Hmmmm......Read the full story here.
- Santorum: Obama doesn't understand America.(PoliticalTicker).Columbia, South Carolina (CNN) – Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum had a ballroom packed with South Carolina Republican insiders all to himself on Friday night when he addressed the state party's annual fundraising banquet in Columbia.Each of the previous night's presidential debate participants were invited to speak at the Silver Elephant Banquet, but only Santorum accepted, giving him a precious chance to court an influential crowd of GOP donors, legislators and activists in the early primary state."Half of life is just showing up," Santorum cracked after he took the stage. "So I'm glad I showed up tonight."Santorum, who created a presidential exploratory committee earlier this week, pressed what is likely to be a central rhetorical theme of his campaign: American exceptionalism."We have a president who does not understand what American exceptionalism is," he said.He faulted President Obama for telling an audience last month that America "would not be a great country" without the entitlement programs of Social Security and Medicare."Stunning," Santorum said. "America was born great. The president of the United States doesn't understand who we are."He spoke of how the British Empire faded because "they accepted the mediocrity of state control." "We face that moment right now," he said. "It is our watch right now."Hmmm.....The most 'un american' president evah!Read the full story here.
- Bowles: Obama’s Plan ‘Doesn’t Stabilize the Debt’.(NationalReview).Former Clinton chief of staff and deficit commission co-chair Erskine Bowles explains the folly of President Obama’s budget “framework” as outlined in his April 13 speech at George Washington University:BOWLES: It is $4 trillion, however, over 12 years. It is heavily back-end loaded, so when you compare it to the Ryan plan and to the Commission’s plan, which also has $4 trillion in savings, it is probably more like $2.5 trillion. And in fairness, the way it is setup, according to our analysis, it really doesn’t stabilize the debt, and the debt as a percentage of GDP gets up to around 77 percent and it never gets to primary balance, which is about a deficit-to-GDP ratio of around 3 percent.Hmmmm.....Another 'Obamination'.Read and see the full story here.
- UK "Palestine" Embassy website wipes Israel off the map.(ElderOfZion).This is an interactive map where you can zoom in on different districts in "Palestine" - which as in Israel.But I thought that the PLO recognized Israel! I guess it was just another semantic game.I suppose that one cannot blame the Palestinian Arabs for not knowing the history of their country. It is tough to keep track of the history of something that never existed.Hmmmm.....The 'people' the Obama regime supports.Are they acting any different to the 'Vichy regime'?Read the full story here.
- Gaddafi planes 'destroy Misurata fuel tanks'.(Al-Jazeera).Libyan government forces dropped bombs on four large oil storage tanks in the contested western city of Misurata, destroying the tanks and sparking a fire that spread to four more, a rebel spokesman said on Saturday.Government forces used small, pesticides spraying planes for the overnight attack in Qasr Ahmed close to the port, said spokesman Ahmed Hassan.Rebels notified NATO about the planes before the attack but there was no response, he said.Government forces last month flew at least one helicopter reconnaissance mission over Misurata, according to rebels.Misurata is the last remaining city in the east under rebel control. It has been under siege for more than two months and has witnessed some of the war's fiercest fighting between loyalists and rebels."Four tanks were totally destroyed and huge fire erupted which spread now to the other four. We cannot extinguish it because we do not have the right tools," Ahmed Hassan said."Now the city will face a major problem. Those were the only source of fuel for the city. These tanks could have kept the city for three months with enough fuel," he said by telephone.Read the full story here.
- New footage emerges of bin Laden compound.Al Jazeera has obtained new footage of the compound where Osama bin Laden was killed.(Al-Jazeera).The pictures show the interiors of the house where the al-Qaeda leader is thought to have been hiding for up to six years.Filmed during daylight hours, there is no doubt that this is the house where bin Laden was shot and killed by US forces, Al Jazeera's Imtiaz Tyab said, reporting from the compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.It was not immediately clear how long after the raid that the footage was taken."We can see the exteriors of the house; we see a garden where vegetables were grown. We see an area where animals were being raised - possible clues of how the people who lived within the high walls of this compound managed to sustain themselves with very little interaction with the outside world," our correspondent said."These pictures ... give a sense of just how Osama bin Laden - the world's most wanted fugitive - lived relatively undetected right here in Abbottabad."US forces raided the compound in a covert operation on Sunday, killing bin Laden and four others. The US team then quickly swept the compound for useful intelligence, making off with a cache of computer equipment and documents.Our correspondent said Pakistani forces have been in charge of the house since the US operation."They, presumably, have taken with them what they deemed important as well," Tyab said.Read and see the full story here.
- 29 Senators Ask Obama to End All U.S. Aid to The Palestinian Authority if Hamas Joins Government.(The Cable) — 29 U.S. senators have asked President Barack Obama Friday to cut off aid to the Palestinian government if it joins with Hamas, in a previously unreported letter (PDF) obtained by The Cable.“The decision of Palestinian Authority (PA) President Mahmoud Abbas to form a unity government with Hamas – a designated terrorist group – threatens to derail the Middle East peace effort for the foreseeable future and to undermine the Palestinian Authority’s relationship with the United States,” begins the letter, which was spearheaded by Sens. Robert Menendez (D-NJ) and Robert Casey (D-PA).Menendez is the third ranking Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and Casey chairs SFRC’s Near Eastern and South Asian Affairs subcommittee. The letter was also signed by Democratic heavyweights Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI), the chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, and Sen. Daniel Inouye (D-HI), who chairs the Senate Appropriations Committee.House Foreign Affairs Committee chairwoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL) agrees. “No taxpayer funds should go, they must not go” to the new Palestinian unity government, she told theWashington Post May 4.Hmmmm....Knowing Hussein his love for Palestine he will ignore the Senators.Or find another way to fund them?Read the full story here.
- Erdogan's buddy in big trouble?Iranian crowd in the mosque chants “Death to opponents of the supreme leader!” (NYTimes).The unprecedented power struggle between the two most powerful leaders in Iran deepened Friday, spilling out into Tehran’s public prayers where the mullah leading the service indirectly criticized President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad while the crowd chanted “Death to opponents of the supreme leader!”Even before the chants at Friday Prayer, a signature event since the 1979 Islamic Revolution, important conservative factions had pronounced their support for the supreme leader, including the government’s primary enforcers, the Revolutionary Guards. Ayatollah Khamenei’s infallibility was the subject of Friday Prayer in at least half a dozen large cities besides Tehran, according to media reports. “It is quite astounding in a way where on a daily basis people are coming out and saying that Khamenei has the constitutional right and the religious right to do what he wants to do,” said Farideh Farhi, an Iran expert at the University of Hawaii. “Ahmadinejad has effectively lost the support of the base. If you do not have the support of Khamenei, you are nobody.” Under Iranian law, the president has the right to hire and fire cabinet ministers, Iran experts said. But the supreme leader, as the title suggests, is the nation’s ultimate authority. Last December, Mr. Ahmadinejad unceremoniously dumped Manouchehr Mottaki, the foreign minister and a Khamenei ally, while Mr. Mottaki was on a mission to Senegal. He has also replaced the intelligence minister before, but this time Ayatollah Khamenei intervened to protect what he called the “maslahat,” or public interest. But in a video posted online, a Parliament member quoted Mr. Ahmadinejad as telling him that the supreme leader issued an ultimatum to accept the decision or resign.Government opponents accuse the Intelligence Ministry of rigging the election that won Mr. Ahmadinejad a second term, a power Mr. Khamenei may not have wanted him to have again, analysts said. In another conjecture, the supreme leader’s son, Mujtabah Khamenei, who heads intelligence for the Revolutionary Guards, is said to have designs on the ministry. Whatever the reason, the supreme leader has made his wishes clear. This week, his office released pictures of a religious ceremony with Mr. Ahmadinejad conspicuously absent while Mr. Moslehi sat close by.Hmmmm......First they sell your car ,next you get a tie on the beach?Read the full story here.
- Ahmadinejad to face the wrath of 'the Supreme leader'?Row with Khamenei intensifies.(Al-Jazeera). Iranian president said to be considering resignation after intelligence chief he fired was reinstated by supreme leader.A political dispute between Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Iranian president, and Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the country's supreme leader is reported to have intensified.Ahmadinejad is said to be contemplating resigning after Heidar Moslehi, the intelligence minister he had sacked, was reinstated by Khamenei.The president is understood to have shirked some of his duties and skipped cabinet meetings for the past ten days in anger over the decision.Mehrdad Khonsari, an analyst with the Centre for Arab and Iranian Studies in London, told Al Jazeera on Friday that the dispute, which began last month, had become "serious"."It shows the level of disunity at the very top of the Iranian [political] hierarchy [with] Ahmadinejad having already polarised the internal political scene as a result of fraudulent election results that were announced more than 20 months ago," Khonsari said."He is now beginning to encroach on the powers and privileges vested in the supreme leader, and he and his constituency - mainly among the Revolutionary Guards - have tried to do this."And, of course, the supreme leader has tried to make a stand and in this stand he has been joined by many people from the ruling establishment who have been cast aside by Ahmadinejad."Khonsari said that since the president came to power "powerful people like [Akbar Hashemi] Rafsanjani and ... [Mohammed] Khatami and many of the key reformers as well as the president of the current Council of Experts" have been sidelined."This is quite a standoff," he said. "Ahmadinejad, I think, at this particular time, has bitten more than he can chew and has been forced to essentially step back, but the fact [remains] that both he and the supreme leader are damaged as a result of this conflict."Khonsari said upheavals in some Middle Eastern countries could spread to Iran if the rift continued."You have to bear in mind that what we're witnessing in the Middle East all started with events in Iran some 20 months ago. Iran is not immune from the global acts ... we're witnessing as a result of this Arab awakening," he said."People in Iran are conscious there are grave economic issues; grave foreign policy issues confronting the Ahmadinejad government and the last thing he needs is to be in disarray with the supreme leader in a fight over a situation that's totally impervious to the wishes and aspirations of the general majority."There's no question in the minds of Iranians that this is going to be a very hot summer coming up."Hmmmmm.........Read the full story here.
- Syrian tanks storm Sunni districts.(Ynet).A day after Syrian security forces kill 30 protesters, army units encircle city of Banias, advance into Sunni districts but not Alawite neighborhoods. 'Residents reporting sound of heavy gunfire, seeing Syrian navy boats off Banias coast,' says resident. Protesters form human chains in bid to stop tanks. Syrian army units stormed into the city of Banias with tanks overnight, attacking Sunni districts that had defied President Bashar Assad's autocratic rule, a human rights campaigner said on Saturday. The units entered the coastal city, a majority of whose residents are Sunni Muslims, from three directions, advancing into Sunni districts but not Alawite neighborhoods, said the campaigner. Most communications with Banias have been cut but the campaigner was able to contact some residents, he said.Assad belongs to the minority Alawite sect, an offshoot of Shiite Islam, and Alawites occupy most senior positions in the army and security apparatus. "Residents are reporting the sound of heavy gunfire and seeing Syrian navy boats off the Banias coast. Sunni and mixed neighborhoods are totally besieged now," said the rights campaigner, who did not want to be identified.Al-Jazeera network reported on Saturday that electricity and phone lines were cut. According to the report, protesters resisted the tanks by forming human chains.Military forces also encircled the nearby town of Baida, while an army boat patrolled offshore, eyewitness told al-Jazeera.A protest leader said earlier this week that Syrian forces and gunmen loyal to Assad had moved on Tuesday into areas of central Banias that had been under the control of pro-democracy demonstrators for weeks.In Washington, State Department spokesman Mark Toner said the US was pressing the Syrian government to cease "violence against innocent citizens who are simply demonstrating and trying to state their aspirations for a more democratic future." "The United States believes that Syria's deplorable actions toward its people warrant a strong international response," White House press secretary Jay Carney said in a statement."Absent significant change in the Syrian government's current approach, including an end to the government's killing of protesters ... the United States and its international partners will take additional steps to make clear our strong opposition to the Syrian government's treatment of its people," he added. The United States imposed sanctions of its own last week against some figures in the Syrian government.Hmmmm......But yes Asad is a 'reformer' i'm wondering if this is the codeword for Anti - Jewish these days?Read the full story here.
- Muslim Brotherhood to Obama : "Go to Hell".(Ikwanweb).Egyptian Government Rejects US Conditional Aid. Egypt has officially rejected conditional US aid worth USD 150 million in light of US economic support to Egypt, helping it overcome its economic woes and support the process of democratization in the post-January 25 revolution.Egypt has officially rejected conditional US aid worth USD 150 million in light of US economic support to Egypt, helping it overcome its economic woes and support the process of democratization in the post-January 25 revolution.The US embassy in Cairo has received a formal letter from the Egyptian Foreign Minister that the Egyptian government rejects US conditions on aid and unilateral coercive economic measures by the US Agency for International Development.Egyptian minister of planning and international cooperation Fayza Aboulnaga and Finance Minister Samir Radwan visited Washington last month, asking the US to cancel a debt amounting to about $3.6 billion to help the country's new government restore growth and create jobs for young people, but Washington refused.The cabinet says the US aid is unnecessary and rejects US unilateral resolutions with regard to the US direct funding assistance mainly to the Egyptian private sector, Civil Society Organizations (CSO) and NGOs, arguing social justice is one of the more prominent roles that the country and businessmen should be committed to.They added that it was one of the core demands of the January.25th Revolution.Hmmmm....Seems like that 'new Arab wind' just blew you away Mr President?Read the full story here.
- MB: Bin Laden is not Islam and resistance against oppression is legitimate.(Ikhwanweb). According to a statement issued by Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood while Islam denounces violence and terrorism it believes it was not necessary to resort to assassination stressing a fair trial of any criminal whatever the crime would have sufficed.Following the US president ‘s announcement that a special US marines task force killed Al-Qaeda leader Ossama Bin Laden we find that we are facing a new situation.According to a statement issued by Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood while Islam denounces violence and terrorism it believes it was not necessary to resort to assassination stressing a fair trial of any criminal whatever the crime would have sufficed.It is on this note that the MB calls on the Western world, its people and governments to not link Islam with terrorism, and to correct the erroneous image which has been created in this regard.The MB however confirms its belief that there is a difference between combat and resistance stressing that combating violence is necessary however each country has its right as stipulated in international conventions guaranteed by divine laws to defend itself against oppression against innocent people as is the case of the Palestinian people and Israel’s Zionists.Ending its statement the group cites that so long as occupation remains resistance is legitimate and it calls on the United States, NATO and the EU to end the occupation in Afghanistan and Iraq, and recognize the legitimate rights of the Palestinian people.Furthermore the MB calls on the US to end its intelligence operations and to cease from interfering in the internal affairs of any Arab or Muslim country.Hmmmm....The 'people' the Obama regime pledged 1,57 Billion dollar in 2012.Read the full story here.
- Muslim Brotherhood Leader: Reexamine Egypt-Israel Peace Agreement.(Memri).In his weekly sermon, Muslim Brotherhood General Guide Muhammad Bad'i called for liberating Jerusalem and all Islamic lands in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Palestine. He called for stopping normalization with Israel, permanently opening the Rafah crossing, canceling the joint industrial zone and gas export agreement s with Israel, and for reexamining the Camp David accord and bringing it for approval to the People's Council, once it is formed. He also expressed hope for a breakthrough by a Palestinian popular intifada, that will remove the occupation and regain Al-Aqsa mosque. Read the full story here.
Friday, May 6, 2011
- Syria Live Blog - May 06. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan today 4.8! More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 103.
Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog
- Live Blog on Qsama Bin Laden Here (Al -Jazeera).
- P.S. Turns out now, those photos of Obama giving his 'I caught Bin Laden' speech were faked.(LA.Times).Could the Obama White House communications folks have found anything else to step in over the presentation this week of their boss and the dramatic recounting and re-recounting of the execution and really rapid remains disposal of Osama bin Laden?It turns out now that all of the non-White House still photographs of the president's dramatic entrance down the hall into the East Room and the late Sunday evening speech itself were faked.They were not taken during the actual event, which was photographed only by official White House photographer Pete Souza during the live TV broadcast.The widely distributed press photographs were, in fact, shot during a reenactment of the entrance, the firm presidential strides down the carpeted hall and the speaking by the president right after the real event, as reported by our astute colleague James Oliphant.These staged news photos were immediately flashed around the world for millions to see with varying captions about the president reading his statement for photographers, distinctions that may well have been lost in translations and publications.It is a minor matter unless truth is a concern.Yes, of course, Obama's guys wanted maximum coverage of his proud "I got him and you-know-who didn't" moment. And independent news organizations always prefer their own material over a White House handout.But to use this arguably misleading photo gimmick around something as sensitive as killing the world's most wanted murderer in an era of bounteous conspiracy theories about the 9/11 events he engineered is naive at best, moronic at worst.Take these numerous inconsistencies and conflicting details. Add them to these faked photos. Mix in Americans' chronic civic cynicism and post-Kennedy assassination susceptibility to conspiracy consumption.Then add Obama's subsequent decision, against the advice of his CIA director, to withhold any photographic proof of Bin Laden's death and burial at sea, ostensibly from concern over jihadist sensitivities.Hmmmm....Is there anything 'real' about this 'administration?Read the full story here.
- Obama on Soaring Gas Prices: “We Can’t Drill Our Way Out of The Problem”.But we can pay Brazil to drill for us?(TheHill).President Obama called for the elimination of billions of dollars in oil industry tax breaks Friday, while stressing that the United States can’t drill its way out of high gas prices.“We can’t just drill our way out of the problem,” Obama said during an energy policy speech in Indiana Friday. “If we’re serious about addressing our energy problems, we’re going to have to do more than drill.”Obama’s remarks come as Washington policymakers are feeling pressure to take action to address high gas prices, which are nearing a nationwide average of $4 a gallon.Hmmm..........Even if he has to blow up every oil well in the US he will force us to drive an electric car?Read the full story here.
- Republicans Blast Obama Over Proposed Executive Order Requiring Companies to Disclose Political Donations as “Blatant” Assault on Free Speech.(TheHill).Republican leaders in the House are urging President Obama to nix an executive order that would require federal contractors to disclose their political contributions.In a letter sent to Obama on Friday, 21 Republicans, including House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) and House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), called the proposed executive order “a blatant attempt to intimidate, and potentially silence, certain speakers who are engaged in their constitutionally protected right to free speech.”If implemented, the executive order would require companies bidding for federal contracts to disclose their contributions to parties and candidates, as well as donations to third-party entities that spend funds on “independent expenditures and electioneering communications,” according to a copy of the draft order.The draft order is similar to the Disclose Act that passed the House but stalled in the Senate in the last Congress. That legislation would have mandated the disclosure of political donations to nonprofit groups.Another signee on the GOP letter, Rep. Dan Lungren (R-Calif.), called the proposed executive order a “brazen attempt to skirt the legislative process and force partisan policies rejected by Congress last year."“This biased approach to selective free speech does not pass muster and should be abandoned,” Lungren said in a statement. “Instead of looking for regulatory solutions to his party’s campaign problems, the President should focus on the mounting problems plaguing individuals and American companies growing increasingly frustrated with Washington.”Hmmmm.....Not so fast "Comrade Obama"?Read the full story here.
- 'He's taking the spotlight': Obama under fire from 9/11 families as he prepares to meet SEAL heroes who took out Bin Laden.(DailyMail).Obama will visit SEAL Team Six to thank them for killing Bin Laden.After facing criticism from the families of 9/11 victims who claim he 'took the spotlight' over Bin Laden's death, it has emerged that President Obama will visit Fort Campbell, Kentucky, today to personally thank the Navy SEAL commandos who took down the al Qaeda leader. Fort Campbell is home to the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, which it is thought flew the SEAL teams to Bin Laden's Abbottabad compound.According to a White House official, Obama has already met Vice Admiral William McRaven, thought to be the man in charge of the Bin Laden raid.The visit is part of a series of stops on a tour the President has embarked on since the SEALs took the terror leader out on Sunday.Yesterday, he started his trip to new York by visiting fire fighters who lost 15 men in the attack as well as laying a wreath at Ground Zero in a ceremony dedicated to the thousands who lost their lives on September 11, 2001.Despite keeping it deliberately low key - privately speaking to relatives of those who lost their lives as well as fire fighters and policemen caught up in the tragedy - he has had to fend off accusations that he was revelling in the death of Osama bin Laden on Sunday.Some relatives of the 9/11 victims have criticised him for his 'self-congratulatory' handling of the killing.One, Debra Burlingame, said the president was 'using families in what is a transparent political ploy'.Her brother, Charles Burlingame, was the pilot whose plane crashed into the Pentagon.She said she was pleased Bin Laden had been killed, but was shocked when Mr Obama turned his back when she confronted him over the prosecution of the CIA agents who interrogated 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.David Beamer, whose son, Todd Beamer, helped stop hijackers on the fourth 9/11 plane, also criticised the president.Mr Beamer said Bin Laden's death was 'a cause for joy', but he told Fox News: 'I feel some chagrin now, though, about how the rest of it has been handled.'And frankly it started May Day 2011 when the president announced what had happened. 'The excessive use of the personal pronoun that he used in his remarks, I really felt that was the beginning of the Commander-in-Chief putting too much spotlight on himself, taking too much credit for what the remarkable Americans had done.'Mr Beamer went on to criticise the praise heaped on Mr Obama for taking the decision to kill Bin Laden, saying once the CIA had found the compound there was nothing else he could have done.He said: 'It's been hailed as one of the greatest wartime decisions, bold, gutsy, but quite frankly under the facts and circumstances I think it was anything but that.'Hmmmm.....A 'Man' who would use anyone and anything for his own personal goal?Read and see the full story here.
- USS Michael Murphy: Navy SEAL Honored With Warship Bearing His Name.A Great Man and a real leader.Not someone who 'thrives' on the valor of others!Read the full story here.
- Fury erupts outside U.S. Embassy in London as hundreds stage mock funeral for Osama Bin Laden.(DailyMail).A protest by hundreds of Osama Bin Laden supporters sparked fury outside the US Embassy in London today as they staged a mock 'funeral service' for the terror leader.Police stepped in to separate the protesters and members of the English Defence League amid threats of violence from both sides.Radicals carrying placards proclaiming 'Islam will dominate the world' branded US leaders 'murderers' and warned vengeance attacks were 'guaranteed'.The protest came shortly after the verdict into the 7/7 inquest was released by Lady Justice Heather Hallett.She recorded that the 52 victims had been 'unlawfully' killed when four terrorists attacked three London Underground trains and a bus in 2005.Lady Justice Hallett made a string of recommendations to both MI5 to prevent further atrocities and to 999 workers to react more effectively to major events.Relatives of the victims wept openly as the judge announced her verdict and she paid tribute to their 'quiet dignity' before reading the name of each person who died.However just three miles from the Royal Court of Justice, Muslim protester Abu Muaz, 28, from east London claimed 'it is only a matter of time' before another attack and that the 'West is the enemy'.The capital has seen heightened security in recent days over fears of a revenge attacks by Al-Qaeda members.The protest against Bin Laden's death was organised by controversial preacher Anjem Choudary - who praised both 7/7 and the September 11 attacks.The former UK leader of the outlawed al-Muhajiroun and member of the 'poppy-burning' Muslims Against Crusades extremist group called on the U.S. to return bin Laden's body to relatives.An EDL member did manage to slip through police lines to unveil an effigy of Bin Laden in the middle of the 300-strong group of extremist Muslims.It prompted screams of 'USA, burn in hell' and 'Obama, burn in hell' from angry protesters.The protests from both sides left onlookers in Grosvenor Square unimpressed.Hmmmm.....Obama "Osama Bin Laden was not a Muslim".Read the full story here.
- Egypt Permits Requiem For Bin Laden.(Memri).The Egyptian Religious Endowments Ministry has permitted prayers for the soul of assassinated Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, at Al-Nour mosque in Cairo today. Ministry official Sheikh Shawki Abd Al-Latif, said that bin Laden died a Muslim and therefore must be prayed for, even if there is a dispute over his path. He added that the assassination was carried out in a way that was against human values.Read the full story here.
- Cut U.S. Funding For Osama’s Mourners.(BigPeace).Hamas, the Palestinian terror group that runs Gaza, is mourning the death of Osama bin Laden. He is a “martyr” to these jihadists. And Hamas has just concluded a pact with the so-called Palestinian Authority (PA), or Fatah, the group that the U.S. recognizes and to whom we give lavish foreign aid. We are currently giving $600 million to the so-called Palestinian Authority.Fatah has held an increasingly precarious control over much of the West Bank of the Jordan River since 1988. It was then that the U.S. brokered a deal in which the PLO morphed into the Palestinian Authority (PA), promised to give up terrorism, and promised to recognize Israel’s right to exist. Many of us never thought the PLO would keep any of those promises—but we knew they would cash our checks and pocket as well huge sums from the European Union. All of this in the name of “peace.”Among the things that the PLO has done on the West Bank is to terrorize Christian Arabs, to name public squares after suicide bombers, and to conduct an all-out Hate Israel propaganda campaign in their schools, universities, and controlled media.Good faith? Arafat instigated yet another intifada against Israel when he got 98% of his territorial demands met and not 100%. Intifadas are uprisings characterized by stone-throwing Palestinian youths confronting Israeli troops. The visuals are great for their propaganda purposes. Israeli soldiers in armored personnel carriers or tanks are shown confronting a hail of stones. But less often noted in the leftist media—BBC, CNN, Reuters, AFP—is that these young warriors of the intifada are deadly accurate. Their stones have been a deadly form of action in that region since biblical times.Now, the PLO has made a pact with Hamas, their supposed rivals who control the Gaza Strip. For a decade, Hamas and Fatah have been fighting each other. Hamas is openly committed to the eradication of Israel. All maps of the Mideast produced by Hamas show Arab lands with no Jewish state—what they call the Zionist Entity—at all. But Fatah’s maps likewise show no Israel.The somber news of the Fatah-Hamas deal came out of—Cairo. Apparently, the post-Mubarak government is being strongly influenced by the Muslim Brotherhood. Hamas is merely the Palestinian branch of the MB. So this is the “Arab Spring” we’ve heard so much about?It’s time to put teeth into U.S. policy. Yasser Arafat was the man who invented airline hijacking for terror purposes. He murdered Americans. It was never a good idea to trust his word or to trust any organization formed by him. We have gotten nothing for the billions we have showered on him and his corrupt and murderous cronies.What we see with the Hamas-Fatah rapprochement is merely the open and brazen acknowledgment of what has always been the case: Both Hamas and Fatah are terrorist organizations. Only now has Fatah dropped its mask.Secretary Clinton urged us to send Fatah another $160 million on top of the $600 million.Here’s a fine candidate for cuts. Let’s cut off all U.S. support to these organizations. And we should press our European allies to do the same. It’s time to follow up the brave actions of our U.S. Navy SEALs with brave action in the diplomatic arena.Hmmmm.....Why is the Obama regime financing a terror organisation?Is their hate towards Israel really that Big?Read the full story here.
- The 'Muslim Brotherhood' that Obama pledged 1,57 Billion to in 2012 Hold Pro-Osama bin Laden Rally.(JawaReport).Watch the whole thing below, but I think the screenshot above pretty much sums it up. Apparently they marched from Cairo's famous cemetery, which is actually slum built on top of the old cemetery, toward the US embassy.I think you'll get the gist without a translation. The akhis over at one of the forums say that part of it is translated kinda like:Khyber, Khyber, O Jews, Osama's army will return!Hmmm....With 'friends' like Obama the Jews don't need enemies?Read the full story here.
- 'Hamas must reform if US to talk with Palestinian gov’t'.(JPost).In Italy, Clinton says Hamas must adopt the Quartet principles of recognizing Israel’s right to exist, renouncing violence.“We’ve made it very clear that we cannot support any government that consists [sic] of Hamas unless and until Hamas adopts the Quartet principles,” Clinton said at a press conference with Italian Foreign Minister Franco Frattini, referring to the conditions set by the US, UN, EU and Russia.Frattini said he, like Clinton, was waiting for further details on the exact nature of the new Palestinian Authority government, but stressed that Italy, too, felt Hamas must comply with the Quartet requirements to be a suitable partner.“There is no doubt that complying with the principles of the Quartet is a prerequisite before Hamas can be considered by Italy as a potential interlocutor,” he said.The surprise deal between the rival Palestinian factions has scrambled diplomatic calculations on all sides in what was already a chaotic Middle Eastern juncture.Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu will be consulting with US President Barack Obama on the implications of Palestinian reconciliation among other regional developments when they meet in Washington on May 20.The White House put out an announcement on Wednesday night saying “the leaders look forward to discussing the full range of issues of mutual interest to the United States and Israel.”While in town, Netanyahu will address a joint session of Congress, as well as the American Israel Public Affairs Committee.Before the unity deal was announced, he was said to be preparing the outline of a path for reaching an accord with the Palestinians.In April, Clinton hinted that Obama would soon address the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the changing Middle East regimes. But the Fatah-Hamas unity deal seems to have affected that plan.“President Obama has also been thinking about making a speech laying out his approach to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.When the agreement between Fatah and Hamas was announced last week, it caught both Washington and Jerusalem by surprise,” former US ambassador to Israel Martin Indyk told the Council on Foreign Relations.“That put an end for the time being to the idea that the president would come out with a peace plan, because if the environment was hostile before, it seemed to have grown even more hostile because of the Palestinian agreement negotiated by the Egyptians.”Hmmmm....The reconciliation was brokered with the help of Turkey,Obama calls Erdogan weekly,Obama surprised?Yeah whatevah!Read the full story here.
- A List of Who Supports the Hamas-Fatah Unity Deal.Read it all here.
- Morning Jay: If Our 'Food Stamp Recovery' Persists, Obama Will Lose Big.(WeeklyStandard).I have noticed something unsettling in my own life lately: I know a lot of people who are on food stamps or some kind of extraordinary government assistance. The count right now stands around 10 people, which is a lot for a small town denizen such as myself.That is a personal reminder of a very serious, yet rarely discussed economic, social, and indeed political problem: the fact that better than one out of seven Americans today requires government help to put food on the table.Call it the American "food stamp recovery:" take away the government supports, and the economic picture looks very bleak indeed.Read the full story here.
- Cornered Pakistan turns on India.(HindustanTimes).Initially on the defensive after US navy commandos raided Osama bin Laden's hideout in a Pakistani military town near Islamabad and killed the al Qaeda chief on Monday, Pakistan on Thursday charged the Indian establishment and armed forces with trying to subvert Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's peace agenda.In a statement that neither amused nor surprised New Delhi, Pakistan foreign secretary Salman Bashir warned that "any misadventure" would lead to a "terrible catastrophe" in the region.He was reacting to army chief General VK Singh's remarks on Wednesday that all three wings of India's defence forces were capable of carrying out a US-like operation in Pakistan. Though Bashir criticised the US for violating Pakistan's sovereignty by carrying out the operation without keeping Islamabad in the loop, his tough talk was aimed at New Delhi."Any other country that would ever act (similarly) on the assumption that it has the might... will find it has made a basic miscalculation," Bashir said.Responding to Bashir's statement, an Indian official said, "When cornered, Pakistan usually employs such tactics to divert attention. This time, it is to divert attention from the present mess Islamabad is in." Read the full story here.
- Oversight rep. demands answers on TSA pat-down of 6-year old.(DailyCaller).A leading Republican on the House oversight committee is demanding answers from Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano on why a 6-year-old girl was given an “enhanced” pat-down at an airport by TSA agents, an incident Napolitano defended as conducted “professionally and according to the protocols.”A video of the incident was posted on YouTube April 9 by the 6-year-old Anna Drexel’s parents, provoking outrage. Napolitano backed the procedure, and a blog post by the TSA said, “TSA has reviewed the incident and the security officer in the video followed the current standard operating procedures.”But Jason Chaffetz, chairman of the National Security, Homeland Defense and Foreign Operations Subcommittee on the oversight panel, says TSA has publicly stated that children younger than 13 years old are exempt from enhanced pat-downs.
“I am still failing to see how the [officer's] actions followed TSA’s publicly stated policy that children under the age of 13 are exempt from enhanced pat-downs and are to receive modified treatment. If the department has indeed conducted a thorough review of the incident, then I ask that it immediately produce its step-by-step analysis and findings to this subcommittee,” Chaffetz says in a May 5 letter to Napolitano.“On a related matter, I am also concerned that the department’s process and criteria for hiring personnel stationed at airports are substandard. For example, federal agents recently arrested Philadelphia International Airport screener Thomas Gordon Jr. for distributing child pornography via Facebook,” Chaffetz says, “The fact that Mr. Gordon had an opportunity to conduct invasive pat-downs of young children is sickening.”Chaffetz also asks for explanations, to be answered by May 20, including:
•TSA’s current policy on enhanced pat-downs for children under 13, and its policy the day Drexel was given an enhanced pat-down
•What a “modified” enhanced pat-down consists of, since on the video of Drexel’s pat-down appears the same as a normal enhanced pat-down
•A complete description of TSA’s hiring process
•A list of all TSA employees who have been arrested for, and convicted of, crimes, including sexual crimes.Read the full story here.
- House GOP (and 33 Dems) to Obama: Drill, baby, drill.(MichelleMalkin).The heat is on.And 33 Democrats joined the House Republican majority yesterday to put the White House on notice that they take America’s energy independence seriously.The Republican-controlled U.S. House of Representatives voted Thursday to approve a measure intendedThe Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act would direct the secretary of the interior to conduct offshore oil and gas lease sales off the state’s coast within one year of the bill’s enactment. It also would trigger lease sales in the Gulf of Mexico but exclude any tract off Virginia that would conflict with military operations.Virginia’s lease sale was scheduled for this year but delayed until at least 2017 after the April-July 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill, the worst offshore spill in U.S. history.The bill was the first of three House measures meant to speed up drilling. None of the three is likely to pass the Senate, where Democratic leaders are more focused on ending tax breaks received by oil companies.Hmmmm.....This Date in History: Obama Imposes Job-Destroying Drilling Moratorium.Knowing the Obama regime he will veto it.Read the full story here.
- Bomb set off in front of Turkey Premier’s convoy, Erdogan safe, blames separatists.(Al-Arabia).One police officer was killed and another injured when the Turkish prime minister’s convoy was attacked on Thursday while he was en route to a campaign rally in Cankiri reported local TV station NTV. Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan was not injured and immediately airlifted in a helicopter.A bomb exploded in front of the police convoy escorting the ruling Justice and Development (AK) Party bus after it made a stop in Kastamonu in northern Turkey, according to news reports.No one has claimed responsibility for the attack. Addressing a rally later in Amasya, Mr. Erdogan expressed his sorrow over the deaths and blamed the attack on separatist groups. “These dark minds who do not believe in democracy’s struggle; these separatist forces believe they can only achieve results this way and not through the ballot box,” the prime minister said.“We will not let anyone divide this land. My mighty nation will never yield to bandits,” the prime minister said, according to the BBC.Hmmmm......"My Mighty Nation" sounds more and more like Ahmadinejad .Read the full story here.
- Protest at Cairo embassy calls for intifada.(YNet).Hundreds rally at Israeli embassy to call for annulment of peace, Jews to 'return to birthplaces'.CAIRO – Hundreds gathered before Israel's embassy in Cairo on Friday to protest against the peace agreement with the state. Protesters waved Palestinian flags and called for another intifada on May 15, on which Palestinians in Israel mark the Nakba.Both men and women were present at the gathering, and participants were mostly young. They called to "return Palestine to the Palestinians" and held signs saying Jews should "return to their places of birth".Speakers at the rally said Jews who wanted to stay in "Palestine" should agree to live under Islamic rule. "On May 15 we should hold a convoy of Egyptian cars to Rafah," one young speaker said. Among the protesters were also those who demanded Egypt renege on its peace accord with Israel, and in addition refuse to sell natural gas to the state.Hmmmmm......War is coming closer by the day...thank you Hussein.Read the full story here.
- Prominent Writer on Jihadist Websites: All Americans and Europeans Are Now Legitimate Targets for Killing.(Memri).In a May 5 post, "Abu Shadia," a prominent writer on the jihadist forum Shumoukh Al-Islam, addressed all those who engage in "media jihad," urging them to launch a media campaign in response to bin Laden's reported death.Read the full story here.
- Related -Prominent Writer on Jihad Forums Proposes Unit For Assassinating All Those Connected To Bin Laden Assassination.(Memri). Focusing Efforts on Retaliation Against U.S., Israel, Pakistan.On May 5, 2011, "Abu Al-Fadl Al-Madi," a senior writer on the Shumukh Al-Islam jihadist forum, authored a post in which he suggested that Al-Qaeda not respond impulsively to U.S. President Barack Obama's announcement of the assassination of Osama bin Laden, but that it focus its efforts on retaliatory operations.Read the full story here.