Sunday, April 24, 2011
Black Americans Alive Today Are the Real Holocaust Victims & True Jews: New Black Panthers Day of Action Anti-Semitic Attack & Tea Party Threats of Armed Men With Serious Consequences.
- Live broadcast info from Japan directly ! Here.
- Libya Live Blog - April 24. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Syria Live Blog - April 24. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world low seismic activity in Japan today between 4.5 and 4.7! More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 97..Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog
- Minister Livnat: My nephew was killed by a terrorist disguised as a Palestinian policeman.Hundreds attend the funeral of Ben-Joseph Livnat Sunday, killed by a Palestinian security officer leaving Joseph's Tomb near the West Bank city of Nablus earlier that day.Hundreds attended the funeral of Ben-Joseph Livnat Sunday, who was killed and three others were wounded earlier in the day when a Palestinian security officer opened fire on their car as they were leaving the holy site of Joseph's Tomb near the West Bank city of Nablus. The funeral procession left Alon More near Nablus, heading toward the Mount of Olives Graveyard. Livnat, 25, is the nephew of Science and Culture Minister Limor Livnat, and is survived by his wife and four children.The culture minister, accompanied by her parents at the funeral, said that her "nephew was killed by a terrorist disguised as a Palestinian policeman, through no fault of his own, just because he wished to pray. He was a person who just wanted to do good." She tearfully added "my nephew was named for Shlomo Ben-Joseph who sacrificed his soul for the land of Israel, and now my nephew has been murdered for the land of Israel, my dear son."The minister recalled how she "woke up this morning to a call from Ben-Joseph's mother, telling me he was killed by a terrorist dressed as a Palestinian policeman, and this is cold blooded murder." She said that all her nephew was trying to do was pray, and he was only killed "because he is Jewish". Livnat's father, Noam Livnat, spoke at the funeral that took place on Sunday afternoon because of the Passover holiday that begins in the evening. The bereaved father eulogized his son, saying "how wonderful is my lot, that I was blessed with such a son." He said that revenge for Livnat's death "would not be relevant," saying this is only one murder in many wars that must be avenged, and "the revenge that is needed is not new."Read the full story here.
- Armenians Stage once more an Anti-Turkish Rally about the WWI 'Armenian Genocide'.(Aina)YEREVAN (AFP) -- Some 10,000 people rallied in the Armenian capital Yerevan on Saturday to demand that Turkey recognise the "genocide" of up to 1.5 million of their kin during World War I under the Ottoman Empire.The protest, organised by the influential Armenian Revolutionary Federation political party, attracted hordes of youths who marched with candles up to a hillock in Yerevan, consecrated to the memory of the victims.The protestors, staging the rally on the eve of the 96th anniversary of the massacre, held up banners saying: "Armenia wants Turkey to own up."The Interfax news agency put their number at 10,000.The two countries signed landmark protocols in 2009, under Swiss mediation, which were a first step towards ending decades of hostility over World War I massacres of Armenians under Ottoman Turks."Turkey stole from us our historic land, our monuments and our future," a party lawmaker, Vaghan Hovhannessian, said.The persecutions are commemorated every year on April 24. On that day in 1915, more than 200 Armenian intellectuals and community leaders were arrested in Constantinople, or present day Istanbul. That was followed by a wave of massacres and deportations which continued until 1917.Turkey rejects the "genocide" label, countering that 300,000 to 500,000 Armenians and at least as many Turks died in civil strife when Armenians rose up against their Ottoman rulers and sided with invading Russian forces.Hmmmm.....Erdogan "Muslims don't commit genocide".Read the full story here .
- Crane arrives to topple monument to Humanity dedicated to peace between Turkey and Armenia on Rembrance day of the Armenian genocide.A crane and cargo truck have arrived at the site of the “Monument to Humanity” in the eastern province of Kars to remove the controversial sculpture described as “freakish” by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan in January.The crane and truck that will lift and remove parts of the monument were kept waiting in the Su Kapı neighborhood before being brought to the monument on Sunday.The representative of the contractor that has undertaken the monument’s demolition said the Monument to Humanity would be removed on Monday after all the preparations are completed. “After the necessary measurements are made, the monument will be cut from top to bottom into 18 pieces, which will then be lifted into the truck and taken away,” representative Reis Karakoç said.The demolition of the monument, which was constructed to contribute to bringing peace to humanity, will “break people’s hearts rather than the monument itself,” according to the mayor of Kars, Naif Alibeyoğlu, who approved the monument’s construction. He is also a parliamentary candidate for the main opposition Republican People’s Party, or CHP. “Our only aim was to announce peace to humanity. We have for seven years explained why we built this monument.”Hmmmm....How much clearer can the insult from Erdogan to Armenia be?"Erdogan : Muslims don't commit Genocide"Read the full
- Armenia remembers massacres amid Turkey impasse,while Obama betrays once again his election campain promise.YEREVAN, April 24, 2011 (AFP) - Armenians on Sunday marked 96 years since the mass killings of their ancestors under the Ottoman Empire amid apparent deadlock in the process of normalising relations with modern Turkey.Armenia contends the killings were a genocide — a label supported by some countries but vehemently opposed by Turkey — and the controversy has poisoned ties between Yerevan and Ankara to this day.President Serzh Sarkisian said in an address to mark the anniversary that Armenia was open to normalising relations with Turkey but also lashed out at its neighbour and foe for what he said was denial of genocide."The true scope and depth of the tragedy is known only to us, and every Armenian in any corner of the world feels devastating repercussions on his or her destiny in every sense," he said."Armenia has been proving through its resolute steps that despite black pages of history, it strives for peace with the neighbours, including Turkey."But he added: "Nevertheless, the official policy of Turkey carries on with the course of denial."Turkey categorically rejects the genocide label and says between 300,000 and 500,000 Armenians and at least as many Turks died in civil strife when Armenians took up arms and sided with invading Russian troops.US President Barack Obama avoided using the word "genocide" in his traditional anniversary statement but also said "contested history destabilises the present and stains the memory of those whose lives were taken.""A full, frank, and just acknowledgment of the facts is in all our interests," he said, in what could be seen as an implicit call for Turkey to admit the extent of the massacres.Showing that the historical controversy for now shows no sign of ending, Turkey voiced "deep regret" over Obama’s remarks, slamming them as "one-sided"."The statement distorts the historical facts," the foreign ministry said."Therefore, we find it very problematic and deeply regret it... One-sided statements that interpret controversial historical events by a selective sense of justice prevent understanding of the truth," it added.Hmmmm.......Told you he wouldn't act against his 'buddy' Erdogan."I will stand with my Muslim Brothers'?Read the full story here.
- Barack Obama’s Track Record of Armenian Genocide Recognition.A.k.a. How to use people for votes. Here.
- Turkey can not become a part of civilized world and a democratic state until it accepts mistakes of the past.The country which committed the Armenian 'genocide' should have the courage to recognize the crime and repent sincerely, said Armenian Speaker Hovik Abrahamyan.During the meeting with Swedish parliamentarians Abrahamyan stressed that Turkey can not become a part of civilized world and a democratic state until it accepts mistakes of the past. He expressed gratitude to the Swedish MPs for courage and resoluteness they displayed by adopting a resolution condemning the Armenian 'genocide' in the Ottoman Empire.The Armenian official noted that international community has not given adequate assessment of the 'genocide', although the fact was recognized and condemned by over 20 countries.Last March the Parliament of Sweden adopted a resolution condemning the Armenian 'genocide' in the Ottoman Empire in the beginning of 20th century.Read the full story here.
- Palestinian 'Übermenschen' daily "Jews, Jews! Your holiday [Passover] is the Holiday of Apes".An article in the official PA daily newspaper claims that Palestinian Christian youth perform a spring march in the streets that includes the chant: "Jews, Jews! Your holiday [Passover] is the Holiday of Apes." (See PMW web site for examples of the Palestinian Authority referring to Jews as "apes and pigs.") He writes that these "meaningful messages" are in response to Israel's security measures in Jerusalem during the holiday of Passover:
"For many years the holy city [Jerusalem] has been deliberately closed to Palestinians, under security-related pretexts and for the Jewish festival of Passover."
The writer says that the Easter services in Jerusalem have lost their Palestinian flavor because of western Christian pilgrims:
"The festivities at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre have begun to assume a western character, because of the massive presence of foreign Christian pilgrims and the limited presence of Palestinians."
But the writer insists that in Palestinian Authority cities, the festivities have retained their Palestinian flavor. He describes youth chanting that the Jewish holiday of Passover is the "Holiday of the Apes":
"The spring carnival has retained its [Palestinian] flavor in towns such as Bethlehem, Beit Sahour and Ramallah... with the demonstrations of the Scouts, songs, dances, and popular Palestinian hymns about Christian-Islamic unity and internal Christian unity. These hymns carry meaningful messages, in response to the Israeli prohibition [to enter Jerusalem], as seen in the calls of the youth who lead the procession of light, waving swords and not caring if anyone accuses them of anti-Semitism: ... 'Our master, Jesus, the Messiah, the Messiah redeemed us, with his blood he bought us, and today we are joyous while the Jews are sad,' and, 'Jews, Jews! Your holiday is the Holiday of the Apes, while our holiday is the Holiday of the Messiah.'"Hmmmm........Why give a statehood to these 'Übermenschen' we still remember how the last ones acted?Read the full story here.
- Video - Victim of McDonald's beating speaks out.A transgender woman beaten at a Baltimore County McDonald's spoke out on Saturday, saying that the attack was "definitely a hate crime" and that she's been afraid to go out in public ever since."They said, 'That's a dude, that's a dude and she's in the female bathroom,' " said Chrissy Lee Polis, 22, who said she stopped at the Rosedale restaurant to use the restroom. "They spit in my face."A worker at the restaurant taped Monday's attack and created a graphic video that went viral last week. After the video garnered hundreds of thousands of views on websites, McDonald's issued a statement condemning the incident, and on Saturday the worker who taped the incident was fired.
The video shows two females — one of them a 14-year-old girl — repeatedly kicking and punching Polis in the head as an employee and a patron try to intervene. Others can be heard laughing, and men are seen standing idly by.Toward the end of the video, one of the suspects lands a punishing blow to the victim's head, and Polis appears to have a seizure. A man's voice tells the women to run because police are coming.County police confirmed that the attack occurred April 18 in the 6300 block of Kenwood Ave. Police said the 14-year-old girl has been charged as a juvenile, while charges were pending against an 18-year-old woman. Reached Saturday, police officials said the investigation was continuing.The police report does not provide a motive but quotes one of the suspects saying that the fight was "over using a bathroom."Polis suffered cuts to her mouth and face, and said she had a seizure. She also acknowledged that she was intoxicated at the time of the assault.On Saturday she said she continued to suffer from painful bruises.Polis, who said she had a sex-change operation to become a woman, said this isn't the first time that she's been picked on physically because of her sexual identity. She said she's been subjected to beatings and even sexual assaults.Equality Maryland has called on state Attorney General Douglas F. Gansler to step in and investigate the case as a hate crime."As a community we remain horrified that transgender citizens are so vulnerable that they can be brutalized … for simply walking down the street," said Lisa Polyak, vice president of the board of directors for Equality Maryland. "She was simply trying to use a public accommodation. People should not feel threatened when they exist in public space.""My first and foremost concern is with the victim," franchise owner Mitchell McPherson said in a statement, adding that action might be taken against other restaurant workers as well. "I'm as shocked and disturbed by this assault as anyone would be. The behavior displayed in the video is unfathomable and reprehensible."Polis said she plans to take legal action against the restaurant."Anyone in my predicament should not be afraid to walk the streets," Polis said. "They should not have to go into a restaurant and get gawked at and made fun of. They shouldn't be afraid to leave the house. It's just wrong."Read the full story here.
- The Zionist animal taskforce just got a new member.Would you believe that Israel is training mice for airport security? Israeli scientists have created a detector, similar looking to a full-body scanner but with three concealed cartridges each containing eight specially trained mice.According to the New Scientist the mice work four-hour shifts and are more accurate than using dogs and x-ray machines, the researchers claim.Air is pumped into the cartridges every four hours so the mice can breathe.When the mice sense traces of drugs they run to a side chamber where the trigger an alarm, the magazine said.Eran Lumbroso, and inventor whose company BioExplorers is hopeful a larger company will help with the final stages of development, said: "It is as if they are smelling a cat and escaping. We detect the escape."The device was tested last year on 1,000 shoppers in a Tel Aviv shopping mall when the mice successfully picked out 22 people carrying mock explosives. Those Jews are so smart....Hmmmm....Dr.Dolittle said the mice love their new job at the Mossad?Read the full story here.
- David Cameron studies plans for multi-faith House of Lords. David Cameron is considering plans to create a "multi-faith" House of Lords where Muslim imams could sit alongside Anglican and Catholic bishops.The controversial suggestion is revealed in a paper drawn up by Tory officials which calls for a wide range of different churches to be represented once reforms to the Upper House are carried out. Currently 26 Anglican bishops have seats in the Lords. But Nick Clegg, the Deputy Prime Minister, is drawing up a draft bill setting out wholesale changes to the Lords that are expected to include provisions for hundreds of existing peers, including the bishops, to be evicted while at least 80 per cent of new members are elected. The paper, produced by the Conservative Christian Fellowship, says: "Christians need to enter the debate and make it clear that we value the presence of the Lords Spiritual, but this doesn't have to mean unquestioning support for the status quo. "There is a strong argument that our legislature would also benefit from the wisdom of leaders of Baptist, Catholic, Methodist and black-led congregations. "A broad bench of Lords Spiritual drawn from a range of churches in Britain could provide a powerful vision of unity."The Prime Minister is said to favour the idea because he is determined that the House of Lords is not turned into a secular institution and that it retains a link with faith-based organisations. Mr Clegg's bill, which is being negotiated with senior Conservative ministers and the Labour frontbench, had been due to be unveiled last month. However, the plans have been delayed by the forthcoming referendum on voting reform and Mr Clegg is now understood to be preparing to unveil the blueprint in the coming months. Senior Conservatives are drawing up a range of alternative reform proposals, amid fears that Mr Clegg's changes will be too radical. One concern is that Mr Clegg wants to abolish the 26 bishops or "Lords Spiritual". They are all drawn from the established Church of England, and Mr Clegg will argue that they are an anomaly in a modern, democratic chamber.The prospect of imams sitting alongside bishops is bound to prove highly controversial and raise fresh questions about the links between church and state. But Tory insiders point out that there are already Catholic, Muslim and Jewish peers in the Lords. The Chief Rabbi Jonathan Sacks is a life peer, as is the Chairman of the Conservative Party, Baroness Warsi, a Muslim. One senior Tory insider said: "It is inconceivable that we continue with a faith element to the Lords without Catholic bishops being represented. It is also high time black Pentecostal leaders were better represented. As such we are going to have to consider whether other faiths are represented as well. "The idea of imams in the House of Lords may upset some people but that is better than not having anything spiritual at all.Hmmmm.....'Happy Easter'The Trojan Egg has hatched.Read the full story here.
- HT:CreepingSharia.Judge rules Minn. Islamic charter school must face ACLU’s suit.A federal judge on Wednesday shot down a Twin Cities charter school’s bid to dismiss an American Civil Liberties Union lawsuit claiming it promotes Islam, clearing the way for a summer trial.In a ruling spelling out why the 2-year-old case merits a trial, U.S. District Judge Donovan Frank offered an unusually detailed account of close ties between the Tarek ibn Ziyad Academy and the religious organizations that acted as its landlords.TiZA strongly denies allegations that it promotes religion. Its lead attorney cautioned that the Wednesday ruling reflects ACLU allegations that the school will fight at trial.“The school is looking forward to its day in court,” said the attorney, Shamus O’Meara. “There are two sides to this story.”The ruling also saddles the school with about $2 million in legal fees incurred by co-defendants in the case — an expense O’Meara said could shutter the charter school, which has campuses in Inver Grove Heights and Blaine.At a February hearing, Frank suggested he would let the case advance to trial and hold the school liable for the legal fees of two of its co-defendants, the Minnesota Department of Education and its authorizer. Both settled with the ACLU.In the ruling Wednesday in St. Paul, Frank explained his decision. He also ruled the ACLU can demand the return of millions of dollars in taxpayer money the school has received from the state.Read the full story here.
- National Day of Incitement and Intimidation for the Black Panthers.By GulagBound.April 23rd, 2011 is the National Day of Action sponsored by the New Black Panthers. There will be protests in over 60 cities and they will also occur internationally. They are urging African Americans to boycott all “non-black” businesses and are threatening to go door to door to get in people’s faces over black justice.And they have a whole list of the oppressed black community they seemed to be fighting for. The voice of incitement and intimidation is growing out there evidently and the New Black Panthers are one of the ones at the forefront. They want violence and revolution. They want death to all those who they “hate.” They want riots in the streets. Here is a list off their site of those they fight for : “The National Day of Action and Unity” will bring to attention the plight of so many who are uneducated, exploited, behind prison walls, disunited, in poor health, homeless, victims of police brutality, pimped by crooked politicians, tortured, falsely accused, under developed, morally perverse, apathetic, addicted to drugs and alcohol, victims of harsh budget cuts and genocide. Special attention will be given to victims of neo-colonialism, corrupt governments, imperialism, Zionism, capitalism and inadequate concern for the Diaspora of Africa.”I especially love the parts linking budget cuts to genocide. Of serious interest is their anti-Semite bent as well as their anti-capitalist declarations.I’m sorry… These people sound like militant thugs to me, even terrorists. They want to unite black people – it sounds more like they want a race war and class warfare to me. And don’t forget the Marxist call for ‘Solidarity’: Therefore, we must have a new mass awakening of Black People. The sleeping giant of the planet. We will teach, educate, uplift, confront, expose, recruit, train, operate and demonstrate, organize and mobilize as never before. We shall put aside our petty differences, egos, affiliations and denominations for the greater goals of unity, solidarity, nation and worldwide struggle. We shall unite for a common cause.I would let DHS know, but I’m afraid they would be on the side of the terrorists. Even the ADL has come out against these “Justice Demonstrations” strongly pointing out their obvious racism and anti-Semitism. From the ADL: “The New Black Panther Party (NBPP), the largest organized anti-Semitic and racist Black militant group in America, has used troubling language to describe several of the events. The group has stated that opposing Jews and “Zionism” is one of the “pressing issues” they wish to address, among myriad other social and political issues.”And I know all of the above sounds a little “radical.”Hmmmm......Holder's "My people"?But hey, at least they are not some crazed “redneck” militia.Read the full story here.
- There's Spring in the air,only in Iran this means there are more hangings in the air.Feel like having a romantic evening stroll on the beach?Four people publicly hanged on beach in southern Iranian city.The Iran Human Rights groups reported that on the morning of April 21st, four people were hanged in public in the city of Bandar Abbas (south of Iran).The men, who were not identified by name or age, were convicted of rape and murder. The men were hanged in the popular beach area of “Bostan-e saheli-e Ghadir” under strict security measures.“Bostan-e- Saheli-e Ghadir” is a popular beach area used for beach sports or photographing the sunset. The picture above is taken at the Bostan-e Saheli-e Ghadir.This is the eighth public hanging in less than a week in Iran. It is expected that the executions will increase as summer approaches.Iran Human Rights condemns the executions in Iran and urges the world community to react.Hmmmm...... The Guiness book of records: Iran holder of the record "Most hangings on the beach"?Read the full story here
- Live broadcast info from Japan directly ! Here.
- Libya Live Blog - April 24. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Syria Live Blog - April 24. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world low seismic activity in Japan today between 4.5 and 4.7! More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 97.On 24.04.2011 at 13:07 GMT+2
Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) expects to complete work to clean up radioactive debris at Japan's quake-hit Fukushima nuclear plant by July, the Japanese TV channel NHK reported on Sunday, referring to TEPCO. TEPCO has created a map of radiation levels as part of its removal of radioactive debris at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, the TV channel said. According to TEPCO, highly radioactive debris is lying in some areas of the compound. Radioactivity of 900 millisieverts per hour was detected on a concrete fragment near the third reactor on Wednesday, the TV channel said. The company has said, however, that it hasn't decided yet on places and methods of disposing of removed debris. The 9.0-magnitude earthquake and subsequent 15-meter tsunami on March 11 triggered a crisis at Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, which is being rated at the same level as the 1986 Chernobyl disaster. Fukushima's operator has since been struggling to stop radioactive leaks from the plant's crippled reactors. Almost 80,000 people living within the evacuation zone were forced to flee their homes.Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog
- One Jewish worshipper killed, 5 wounded from Palestinian 'policemen' gunfire At Joseph's Tomb in Nablus.Group of 15 hit with gunfire from Palestinian security forces as they leave Joseph's Tomb prayer; Nablus governor says attack was a "security incident, not terror" since group entered city without prior coordination.One Israeli worshiper was killed and five were wounded in Nablus early Sunday morning after their vehicle was shot at by Palestinian security forces as they were exiting the city from prayer services held at Joseph's Tomb.According to Nablus Governor Jabril al Bahri, the shooting attack was a "security incident" and not a terror attack. Bahri said the group of Breslev hassidim raised suspicions since they entered the city without prior coordination with the proper authorities. At first shots were fired in the air as a warning and then at the vehicle, he said. Bahri said the incident was being investigated and refused to say if the shooters were Palestinian Authority police.According to initial investigations, the Israelis were traveling in the area without coordinating their visit to Joseph's Tomb and were reportedly shot at by Palestinian police.Three vehicles with 15 Breslev hasidim entered the city in the early morning hours for prayer services. On the way back, around 6 a.m. they encountered a surprise checkpoint and were met with a hail of gunfire from a Palestinian jeep. The fire continued even after the vehicles turned back in an attempt to escape. Two of the three vehicles were hit.The worshipers were able to evacuate themselves to the IDF Samaria district brigade base and the Har Bracha settlement which were near by and received initial emergency medical care.The death of a 30-year-old male was pronounced at the scene. A 20-year-old man was injured in serious condition, suffering of an abdominal wound. He was airlifted to Bellinson Hospital in Petah Tikva where he underwent surgery. A 17-year-old youth was evacuated by a Magen David Adom Yarkon crew in moderate condition, suffering a wound to his shoulder. Another youth was injured and evacuated for medical treatment after he was questioned by authorities. Another two were in light condition and were treated on scene.When asked about the possibility that Palestinian Police shot at the car, Gershon Mesika, head of the Samaria regional council, told Army Radio that Breslov hassids attempt to illegally enter Joseph's Tomb almost every month. He added that Palestinian Police are familiar with the regular occurrence, and would have no reason to shoot at visitors.In February, Public Diplomacy and Diaspora Affairs Minister Yuli Edelstein (Likud) called on Defense Minister Ehud Barak to increase access to Joseph’s Tomb, located on the southern edge of Nablus, which has a waiting list of thousands of Jews wanting to make the pilgrimage.At present, access to the tomb is limited to one nightly trip a month.Hmmmm....."Apartheid" techniques?Read the full story here.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.An even more disturbing account of the Joseph's tomb murder.One of the Breslovers who was in the second car in the convoy and was lightly wounded told Ynet: "We arrived at the tomb like on many occasions in the past. Near the tomb we saw a spikes chain. One of the guys jumped out of the car and moved it aside."At this point a uniformed Palestinian police officer with a Kalashnikov in a jeep woke his colleagues up and they started firing into the air…I was in the front seat. We started driving fast in the direction of the tomb; we got out of the vehicles and kissed the tomb."When we got back to the vehicles the police shot at the vehicles, they were screaming 'Allahu Akbar'. It was crazy, they were shooting to kill. I screamed at the driver to drive out of there quickly. When we got to Har Bracha we attended to the wounded.".Read the full story here.
- HT:JosuahPundit.Jewish Holy Site Joseph's tomb again Desecrated By Palestinian ' Übermenschen'. This year, hundreds of Jewish worshipers who arrived at Joseph's Tomb were shocked to find the Holy Site severely vandalized – again.When the group of 500 worshipers entered the tomb, they found it had been defaced – the headstone smashed and swastikas sprayed on the walls, graffiti of a blood-dripping sword over a Star of David, and visible boot prints all over the tomb itself.As you may know, anything to do with the bottom of one's shoe - like a boot print - is a deadly insult in Arab culture. The prints are identical with the 'Palestinian' police standard issue boots.Read and SEE the full story here.
- Rightists threaten vengeance over Nablus shooting.(Ynet)Shortly prior to funeral of Ben-Yosef Livnat, killed in Joseph's Tomb shooting presumably by Palestinian policemen, settlers embark on price tag retaliation following Palestinian agitation.Shortly prior to the funeral of Nablus shooting victim Ben-Yosef Livnat, who was killed Sunday morning in a shooting at Joseph's Tomb, presumably by Palestinian policemen, settlers embarked on a price tag retaliation, stoning a Palestinian car. A Palestinian child was reportedly hurt. In retaliation to that, Palestinians stoned Israeli cars, injuring an Israeli youth. Two homes and two cars were reportedly set on fire in the village of Hawara, on the funeral procession route.Meanwhile, the Hawara-Yitzhar Junction in the West Bank was blocked after violent clashes broke out between mourners and Palestinian residents. Large numbers of IDF and police forces used tear gas in their attempts to disperse the rioters.Right wing elements have declared that the latest price tag activities were "only the beginning" and that the settlers intend to continue taking vengeance over the Sunday morning killing. Palestinian sources told Ynet that a group of masked men started throwing rocks at two locations: The first, dozens of meters from the Hawara junction and the other at the entrance to the village of Burin south of Hebron.Read the full story here.
- Syrian protesters 'cut down like weeds'.Every other journalist is trying to get into Syria, but on Saturday I was trying to get out. The government had made it perfectly clear: My visa was expiring and unless I left on April 23, I would "face the full force of the law".I had agreed the night before with my cameraman, Ben Mitchell, over a drink that neither of us wanted to discover what "full force of the law" meant. So the debate was really whether I should fly out from Damascus or drive to Amman, Jordan, and fly from there.The decision was made that he would fly out from Damascus, the Syrian capital, with the gear and I would drive to Amman. I had left my second passport there with a friend. One for Arab countries and the other for Israel. Welcome to 21st century diplomatic relations.I decided to wait until after noon prayers before setting out south to the border. If the roads were going to be blocked with various pieces of burning detritus, as they had the day before, I wanted to know first. It's about 125km from Damascus to the Jordanian border - a drive that should only take an hour or so, especially with the way Syrian drivers tend to step on the gas.I was in a really bad mood on this particular morning as I was by default being expelled from the country. I said very little to the driver as we set out, which is unusual for me. I've been grilled in the old school style of journalism: I can still hear the voice of one of my mentors saying "eyes and ears Mr Perry ... eyes and ears".The only two questions I asked my driver as we left Damascus were his name, and where he was from. "Abdel … from Daraa," he told me."Beautiful city," I responded.Read the full story here.
- Children being sexually Molested in Lybia?A disturbing report released by a British aid organization puts the spotlight on children being subjected to sexual assault during the conflict between pro and anti Muammar Qaddafi forces. Save the Children reported that it interviewed nearly 300 children, some as young as eight, in six relief camps in Benghazi and heard stories of rape and murder “committed within the last four weeks in Ras Lanuf, Ajdabyia and Misrata,” the organization said.Michael Mahrt, who conducted the survey, said children spoke of “soldiers” committing the crimes but could not ascertain which side they represented. Mr. Mahrt quoted one instance in which mothers who had fled the fighting reported on four or five teenage girls in Ajdabyia who were kidnapped and raped for four days. An eight-year-old girl was reportedly assaulted in front of her siblings, also in Ajdabyia. While the reports were unconfirmed, Mr. Mahrt said they “were consistent.”“The stories are similar that we get across these camps. I am completely confident that this happened,” he told Reuters.Children also reported watching their fathers being murdered and mothers being raped before being beaten themselves. Mr. Mahrt also said, “Some children were displaying signs of physical and emotional distress: being withdrawn, refusing to play and waking up crying in the night.”The charity has called on “the international community to ensure that all parties respect children's right to be protected from violence and abuse.”Save the Children has said it is increasing “its child protection work in Benghazi, training social workers to provide youngsters with psycho-social support.”Hmmmm......."children being subjected to sexual assault during the conflict between pro and anti Muammar Qaddafi forces."Read the full story here.
- Al-taqiyya a.k.a. The art of lying !Keith Ellison:'Turkey best example of how Islam, democracy can coexist’.Keith Ellison, the first Muslim member of the US Congress, has said Turkey is the most important country in the region and the best example of how Islam and democracy can coexist. Ellison, visiting Turkey upon the invitation of the Turkish Confederation of Businessmen and Industrialists (TUSKON), had talks with Turkish officials, including Finance Minister Ali Babacan, in Ankara. The congressman told Today’s Zaman in an interview that it is very important for Turkey to undertake humanitarian aid mission in this region, while praising Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s initiatives with respect to the unrest and chaos in the Mideast and North Africa. Ellison pointed to the historical link between the US and Turkey and said the ties will continue to grow closer in the future, too.Historical link?....... Is he talking WWI Galipolli when the Turks were Shooting at the Allies?Turkey is also the Number One violator of theHuman Rights and the country with more then 50 journalists in Jail or and awaiting a trial.Indeed "Democracy and human rights don't thrive in a Sharia environment"Just ask Terry jones. Read the full
- I Told you over and over again "You will obey"!Obama: Gas Price Solution Lies in Renewable Energy Sources.President Barack Obama says one answer to high gasoline prices is to spend money developing renewable energy sources.“That’s the key to helping families at the pump and reducing our dependence on foreign oil” in the long term, he said Saturday in his weekly radio and Internet address.Obama raises the issue of rising fuel prices during almost every public appearance and says that he understands the strain higher fuel costs are putting on some family budgets.He announced Thursday during an event in Reno, Nev., that the Justice Department will begin looking for cases of fraud or manipulation in the oil markets, even though Attorney General Eric Holder suggested a variety of legal reasons may be behind the surging gas prices.As he has before, Obama said Saturday there is no “silver bullet” that will slash gas prices immediately. But he said there are things government can do to help make a difference in the long term. They also include boosting U.S. oil production, rooting out any illegal activity by traders and speculators and ending $4 billion in annual taxpayer subsidies to oil and gas companies.“Instead of subsidizing yesterday’s energy sources, we need to invest in tomorrow’s,” Obama said.Hmmmm....."Ending $4 billion in annual taxpayer subsidies to oil and gas companies.“That will lower prices for sure!I thought i saw a new energy source?Read the full story here.
- Obama Fundraising May Have Violated RICO.(IsraPundit).AFL-CIO Attorney: “It is legally impossible to conduct a nationwide raffle”by Bill Levinson.
We recently sent a complaint to the Federal Election Commission with regard to the “Dinner with Barack” fundraising promotions of 2007 and 2008. The Center for Competitive Politics quoted AFSCME (part of AFL-CIO) associate general counsel Jessica Robinson on the use of raffles to raise money for political campaigns.
Ms. Robinson says unequivocally that it is impossible to legally conduct a nationwide raffle and furthermore that doing so violates the Federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization (RICO) statute. Racketeering includes systematic violations of any state’s gambling laws.. This means there is excellent cause to remove Barack Obama from office without an extensive foray into the Twilight Zone to find his birth certificate. If Obama for America broke the law by running an illegal Internet gambling operation, and Minnesota law enforcement is on record as saying that it did, that is cause for impeachment. Here is what Ms. Robinson has to say in her own words:
California (which does not permit the use of raffles for political fundraising) prohibits the use of the internet for raffle advertisements. Hawaii (and perhaps one other jurisdiction – Kansas, maybe?) strictly prohibits the use of lotteries for any purpose.
It is legally impossible to conduct a nationwide raffle, whether the funds are being used for political purposes or not. This, of course, is of great importance, because running an interstate gambling operation that does not comply with the laws in each state in which it is being conducted subjects you to both criminal and civil penalties under the Federal RICO statute.The trick that keeps you out jail is to offer an ‘alternative method of entry’ that does not require payment of consideration. The alternative method of entry was indeed implemented in mid-2008, but only after Minnesota law enforcement called the Obama campaign on the carpet.Doug Forsman, a special agent with Minnesota’s Department of Public Safety, had confirmed the illegality of the promotion.He gave the campaign two options, the newspaper said, to void the contest where such bans exist or to change the rules to allow people to participate without gambling any of their money.
Forsman confirmed Kendall Burman, staff counsel at Obama’s Chicago headquarters, informed him the “donation,” which had been a requirement earlier, would be made optional.Prior to this less than voluntary modification of “Dinner with Barack” and “Backstage with Barack,” the Obama campaign sent out numerous E-mails (i.e. used the Internet to promote a raffle) and posted Web pages and YouTube videos that contain explicitly the three elements of a lottery:
(1) Required payment of consideration, a donation of $5 or more.
(2) Element of chance
(3) A prize (expenses-paid trip to have dinner with Obama)
While writing on unrelated matters, the Associate General Counsel of AFSCME stated very explicitly that it is impossible to run an interstate raffle while remaining within the law, and that “running an interstate gambling operation that does not comply with the laws in each state in which it is being conducted subjects you to both criminal and civil penalties under the Federal RICO statute.” “Dinner with Barack” violated the laws of at least one state (Minnesota) as stated explicitly by that state’s law enforcement agency and almost certainly violated the laws of others as shown above. The word IMPEACH therefore comes immediately to mind; we cannot have one U.S. Code for small-time Internet gambling operators like Patrick Patte of Wilkes-Barre and another U.S. Code for the President of the United States.Hmmmm......Democracy or Dictatorship?Read the full story here.
- Obama regime expecting and preparing for a very large number of new 'inmates'?Government Orders Expedited Printing of 350,000 Detainee Handbooks.The US Government Printing Office – Chicago Procurement has posted a contract open for bidding for some 350,000 copies of the National Detainee Handbook.Per Jacket Number 735-412/413, the GPO requests 221,367 copies of the handbook in Spanish and 129,567 in English. The GPO requests expedited delivery of the prints, requesting a delivery date of April 29, 2011, less than two weeks from today.The original Jacket Number 735-412/413 is no longer available at the GPO web site, but a cached version can be accessed here.US Immigration and Customs Enforcement currently shows a ‘404 page not found error‘ for the page on ICE’s web site where the handbook was originally stored. You can view the National Detainee Handbook (Dated 2007) via Scribd.According to a 2008 detention standard guide from ICE, the handbook is to be provided to all individuals detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement. It is not clear whether the guidelines in the handbook apply just for immigration related detentions.According to ICE the purpose of the handbook is to provide detainees with an overview of the general rules, regulations, policies, and procedures that ICE is required while detaining someone:This Detention Standard requires that, upon admission, every detainee be provided comprehensive written orientation materials that describe such matters as the facility’s rules and sanctions, disciplinary system, mail and visiting procedures, grievance system, services, programs, and medical care, in English, Spanish, and other languages and that detainees acknowledge receipt of those materials.It applies to the following types of facilities housing DRO detainees:
Service Processing Centers (SPCs);
Contract Detention Facilities (CDFs); and
State or local government facilities used by DRO through Intergovernmental Service Agreements (IGSAs) to hold detainees for more than 72 hours.No information on why the Printing Office has requested expedient printing and delivery of the books has been made available.Hmmmm....My guess is as good as yours.Read the full story here.
- West Bank conference: possibility for a third Intifada in Sept.(YNet).Young Palestinians encouraged by events in Egypt, West Bank leader says.In the absence of a diplomatic breakthrough, a Palestinian uprising may break out in September, a popular leader in the West Bank predicted Saturday. Speaking at the 6th Annual Bil'in Conference on the Palestinian Popular Struggle, Mohammad Khatib said that while the Palestinian Authority does not wish to see an Intifada, some Palestinians are interested in an uprising against Israel. "I think the next months are the most critical," said Khatib, who is among the leaders of the anti-security fence campaign in the village of Bil'in. "If we see no significant developments, an Intifada will break out"."Our objective is to enlist international support for our struggle in Bil'in, and for the Palestinian struggle in general," Khatib said. "This is our way to engage in PR efforts and spread our story through the world." Despite a Facebook campaign calling for a new Intifada to be launched in May, Khatib estimated that if an uprising indeed breaks out it will likely get underway in September. Young Palestinians are the ones pulling in that direction, he said. "They see what happened in Egypt and this gives them a backwind, yet the Palestinian Authority is attempting to prevent it in all sorts of ways," he said. One approach is the PA's decisive, open objection to an Intifada, with Palestinian officials focusing on a diplomatic campaign. Last week, PA leader Mahmoud Abbas declared that the second Intifada was "disastrous" for the Palestinians and added that he will not tolerate a "third armed uprising." Speaking at the conference, Palestinian politician Mustafa Barghouti received great applause after declaring that "our situation will not change without a popular uprising." When asked to translate his words to English, Barghouti made clear he was referring to a non-violent uprising; however, the young Palestinians at the event apparently did not notice this nuance.Meanwhile, a Fatah source told Ynet that the group maintains full control of the West Bank, stressing that the situation there is different than in Egypt."A decision about an Intifada must be taken from above," he said, adding that such uprising will not happen should officials not order it. "Even if we assume that riots will start following the Facebook group's call, they will end in a day or two."However, some Palestinians believe that a third Intifada is the only option. Senior Islamic Jihad member in Gaza Khaled Batash responded to Abbas' comments by saying that only the Palestinian people will determine whether an uprising takes place. "He made a grave mistake and offered a promise he won't be able to deliver on," Batash said. "Only the Palestinian people will make the decision."Hmmm......"Que sera,sera?"Read the full story here.
- Iran's "Trojan" war.Islamic republic's Culture Ministry wants end to 'immoral, sexual and crude' advertisements. (Ynet).Iran's Ministry of Culture ordered pharmacies in the Islamic republic to remove "immoral, sexual and crude" advertisements for products such as condoms and erectile dysfunction medicine.Iran's Ministry of Culture ordered pharmacies in the Islamic republic to remove "immoral, sexual and crude" advertisements for products such as condoms and erectile dysfunction medicine. A letter sent earlier this week by a senior ministry official to the Health Ministry warned that pharmacies that will continue to display such ads will be shut down. Ali Raza Karimi, the advertising department director at Iran's Ministry of Culture, said that pharmacies often feature ads with sexual connotations. Karimi also charged that the way hair and beauty products are being advertized is immoral and illegal. The Culture Ministry official also slammed what he referred to as the "vulgar" packaging of some of the products in question. In an interview with Iranian news agency Fars, Karimi warned that the Health Ministry must address the phenomenon or else the matter will be handed over to the police and justice system. Iran's Culture Ministry is in charge of censoring books, films, music and advertisements, among other things. A letter sent earlier this week by a senior ministry official to the Health Ministry warned that pharmacies that will continue to display such ads will be shut down.Ali Raza Karimi, the advertising department director at Iran's Ministry of Culture, said that pharmacies often feature ads with sexual connotations. Karimi also charged that the way hair and beauty products are being advertized is immoral and illegal. A pharmacy manager in Tehran, who chose to remain anonymous, told the Radio Farda website that pharmacies do not display immoral advertisements, but rather, sell products that pertain to sex and intimate hygiene as part of the services they provide."We offer products such as contraceptives and medicine to boost the libido," he said. "The ads were produced in order to educate the customers, rather than to be hurtful." The Culture Ministry official also slammed what he referred to as the "vulgar" packaging of some of the products in question.In an interview with Iranian news agency Fars, Karimi warned that the Health Ministry must address the phenomenon or else the matter will be handed over to the police and justice system.Iran's Culture Ministry is in charge of censoring books, films, music and advertisements, among other things.Hmmmm......Are condoms ads Halal?Read the full story here.
- Saudi Arabia - Imam held for Blackmailing girl in to sex.(Emirates247).Saudi Arabia’s feared Islamic police arrested an Arab mosque Imam (chief) for trying to blackmail a school girl to force her to sleep with him, a newspaper in the Gulf kingdom reported on Saturday.Members of the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice seized the Imam, who also works as a driver of a school bus in the northern Saudi town of Qurayat, the Arabic language daily 'Al Riyadh' said.“They found obscene pictures in his mobile and text messages addressed to that girl threatening to publicise her photographs online unless she sleeps with him.The paper said the unnamed girl had informed the Commission about the Imam, who also threatened to send the pictures to her family.Source .
Saturday, April 23, 2011
- Live broadcast info from Japan directly ! Here.
- Libya Live Blog - April 22. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Syria Live Blog - April 22. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world low seismic activity in Japan today between 4.5 and 5.9! 6.3 in the Salomon IslandsMore info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 96.On 23.04.2011 at 04:02 GMT+2
As of midnight on April 22, all areas within a 20-kilometer radius of the stricken Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant were designated a no-entry zone, meaning residents who have fled elsewhere are prohibited from re-entering, and those who have not yet evacuated are legally bound to do so. The enforcement of such a no-entry zone should be conducted in consideration of evacuees' needs and wishes. After the nuclear power plant accident, residents within the 20-kilometer radius were advised by the national government to evacuate. The majority left, but at least several dozen are still believed to be in the area, and before the evacuation became legally-binding, many evacuees are known to have been returning to their homes to pick up belongings they had left behind. It is not advisable for people to keep entering the zone while radiation leaks from the plant.
Local governments have also raised concerns about the possibility of burglary. The national government has tried to explain the necessity of a no-entry zone designation to local municipalities. While the frustration of local residents who have no idea when they will be permitted to return to their homes is understandable, the measure seems to be unavoidable under the circumstances. Although the no-entry order stipulates that non-compliance could result in incarceration or a fine of up to 100,000 yen, police do not plan to forcibly remove residents who want to stay in the area.
Some 80,000 people in about 27,000 households will be affected by the enforcement of the no-entry zone. Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano revealed that residents -- excluding those whose homes are within a 3-kilometer radius from the plant -- will be given opportunities for brief visits to their homes. Only one person from each household will be allowed to make the trip, they can only stay at their home for a maximum of two hours, and they will be asked to keep the amount of items that they take back out to a minimum. The visiting locals will wear protective gear and radiation detectors on their visits, be screened for radiation levels upon their exit from the caution zone, and be cleansed of radioactive material if necessary. The government hopes to conduct the first round of brief home visits among those who are interested over the course of a month or two. As for the order in which interested residents will make the visits, we hope that the government takes a flexible stance, respecting the decisions residents make amongst themselves.
There are many uncertain factors in implementing this temporary-visit system. It may not be appropriate for residents to go home on some days, due to weather or the direction of wind, which may carry radioactive material. How will local residents' safety be assured if a new problem occurs at the power plant? And how will the national and local governments will respond if some residents refuse to return to evacuation shelters after their brief home visits? The government and local municipalities should run simulations to prepare for foreseeable scenarios. Residents' confusion and discontent over what they feel was a sudden decision on the part of the national government, and their anger over the fact that they could theoretically be punished for returning to their own homes, is understandable. This is a strained effort, however, to allow as many people as possible to visit their homes in a legal manner, albeit briefly. We hope all parties involved act in a level-headed manner.
There are those who refuse to leave the 20-kilometer radius, citing such reasons as responsibility for their livestock and the inconvenience and discomfort of moving at their old age, and efforts to convince them to evacuate are likely to continue. To ensure that those residents can receive the help they are entitled to under the law, it is the government's responsibility to secure evacuation shelters and compensation for them.Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog
- Children being sexually Molested in Lybia?(Al-Arabia).A disturbing report released by a British aid organization puts the spotlight on children being subjected to sexual assault during the conflict between pro and anti Muammar Qaddafi forces. Save the Children reported that it interviewed nearly 300 children, some as young as eight, in six relief camps in Benghazi and heard stories of rape and murder “committed within the last four weeks in Ras Lanuf, Ajdabyia and Misrata,” the organization said.Michael Mahrt, who conducted the survey, said children spoke of “soldiers” committing the crimes but could not ascertain which side they represented. Mr. Mahrt quoted one instance in which mothers who had fled the fighting reported on four or five teenage girls in Ajdabyia who were kidnapped and raped for four days. An eight-year-old girl was reportedly assaulted in front of her siblings, also in Ajdabyia. While the reports were unconfirmed, Mr. Mahrt said they “were consistent.”“The stories are similar that we get across these camps. I am completely confident that this happened,” he told Reuters.Children also reported watching their fathers being murdered and mothers being raped before being beaten themselves. Mr. Mahrt also said, “Some children were displaying signs of physical and emotional distress: being withdrawn, refusing to play and waking up crying in the night.”The charity has called on “the international community to ensure that all parties respect children's right to be protected from violence and abuse.”Save the Children has said it is increasing “its child protection work in Benghazi, training social workers to provide youngsters with psycho-social support.”Hmmmm......."children being subjected to sexual assault during the conflict between pro and anti Muammar Qaddafi forces."Read the full story here.
- 'Gas Guzzler-In- Chief'?Obama To Use New Secret Service Armored Bus On Campaign Trail.(TPM).As the Secret Service prepares for the 2012 campaign, they're purchasing two new buses, at least one of which will be used by President Barack Obama as he travels around the country, TPM has learned. The Secret Service says that while the armored vehicles will be used by Obama during the 2012 presidential campaign, they'll be a security asset for future presidents as well."We've never been fully comfortable with the security provided by a bus we lease and then try to retro-fit," Secret Service spokesman Jim Mackin told TPM."This would be just like other vehicles we're adding to our fleet," Mackin said. "We'd use them for the campaign, but they're not for campaign purposes. They would be part of our fleet -- just like our limos, just like our follow-ups, just like our emergency vehicles.""If we have a candidate who has leased a bus and we're going to be protecting that candidate, we're going to look to enhance the security of that vehicle," Donovan said. "This is just the next step, and as I said, something that we're overdue for."The cost of installing equipment, removing equipment and repairing the damage to the leased vehicles also factored into the Secret Service's decision to purchase their own buses.Donovan said the vehicles are "almost at completion," but said the Secret Service wasn't releasing any information on what company was contracted to build the buses at this time.Hmmmmm......I wonder how much such an armored bus consumes?Probably more then Hitler's armored Mercedes,amazing how dictators fear for their life?You think it's bad conscience?Read the full story here.
- Al-taqiyya a.k.a. The art of lying !Keith Ellison:'Turkey best example of how Islam, democracy can coexist’.Keith Ellison, the first Muslim member of the US Congress, has said Turkey is the most important country in the region and the best example of how Islam and democracy can coexist. Ellison, visiting Turkey upon the invitation of the Turkish Confederation of Businessmen and Industrialists (TUSKON), had talks with Turkish officials, including Finance Minister Ali Babacan, in Ankara. The congressman told Today’s Zaman in an interview that it is very important for Turkey to undertake humanitarian aid mission in this region, while praising Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s initiatives with respect to the unrest and chaos in the Mideast and North Africa. Ellison pointed to the historical link between the US and Turkey and said the ties will continue to grow closer in the future, too.Historical link?....... Is he talking WWI Galipolli when the Turks were Shooting at the Allies?Turkey is also the Number One violator of the Human Rights and the country with more then 50 journalists in Jail or and awaiting a trial.Indeed "Democracy and human rights don't thrive in a Sharia environment". Read the full
- PRESS RELEASE: Statement-DR. TERRY JONES: 1st Amendment, Dearborn.We posted the bond. We made it very, very clear that we posted this under the greatest protest!The arrests, the whole proceedings, were a definite violation of our Constitutional rights. As a matter of fact, we were arrested and had not even committed a crime. It is a complete violation of our First Amendment Right of Freedom of Speech. It was clearly influenced by the mosque. We were told that we were able to present our message in front of one of the "Free Speech Zones", but we were NOT allowed to present our message in the grassy area in front of the mosque. Thus making it very clear that this is not about our message, and not about us, but about the place. In other words, it is all about the location which is the Islamic Center.
Sharia is much closer than we thought. The judge even made a statement, that if the mosque elders and leadership would have desired the restraints placed on us of not going near the mosque be lifted, then he would have taken that into consideration.Thus proving that this whole thing is a direct violation of Freedom of Speech and that they are favoring the religion of Islam.The City of Dearborn used the court as an instrument to prevent our protest from taking place today as scheduled, and has now violated our civil liberties by preventing us from exercising our freedom of speech as planned. We will be in contact with legal representation and plan to protest next week in front of the Islamic Center. Source.
- TSA passenger screener charged in distributing child pornography.A passenger screener at Philadelphia International Airport is facing charges that he distributed more than 100 images of child pornography via Facebook, records show.Federal agents also allege that Transportation Safety Administration Officer Thomas Gordon Jr. of Philadelphia, who routinely searched airline passengers, uploaded explicit pictures of young girls to an Internet site on which he also posted a photograph of himself in his TSA uniform.Homeland Security agents arrested the TSA officer March 24, and he is being held without bail.Although the case was unsealed Thursday, neither the indictment nor the news release mentioned Gordon's job searching airline passengers for TSA.The arrest comes as TSA grapples with several other incidents involving screeners, including a YouTube video posted last week by parents angry about the pat-down their 6-year-old daughter received at an airport in New Orleans. TSA officials said the pat-down was proper; the parents said the girl was "groped."Citing privacy rules, TSA spokeswoman Ann Davis would not say if Gordon has been suspended from his job, but noted that he had been in federal custody since his arrest.Gordon's job as a TSA screener was in jeopardy last year for unrelated reasons, according to an online newsletter of the American Federation of Government Employees.Citing a family issue, it said Gordon was having "difficulty maintaining his work schedule." The union lawyer helped convince TSA officials that a change in shift schedule resolved the problem, the newsletter said, and Gordon returned to work.Hmmmm.....Who screenes the staff working at the TSA?Read the full story here.
- American free speech burried,and Jones is jailed.(NoDhimmitude).Some American citizens think that burning a Qur'an is worse than murdering a thousand people, so Terry Jones should not be allowed to demonstrate in front of a mosque in Dearborn, Michigan. In fact, he is now in gaol.Dearborn Police Chief Ron Haddad testified that Imam Hassan Al-Qazwini, who heads the Islamic Center, told him that for some members of his mosque, burning the Quran was considered a major crime. Qazwini expressed concern about how some young members of his mosque might react to Jones, Haddad testified.Wayne County Assistant Prosecutor Robert Moran said in court that Qazwini talked about how some feel Quran-burning "is worse than more than 1,000 deaths. That's what the citizens of this society believe."Moran used that as one reason why Jones should not be allowed to protest outside the Islamic Center, saying it would lead to a breach of the peace.But in his closing arguments, Jones said that the fact that such a view about Quran-burning concerns him, raising questions about Islam and violence, he said.Robert Sedler, a constitutional law professor at Wayne State University, called the entire proceedings unconstitutional. He said the U.S. Supreme Court has found that it's the job of the police to protect speakers at such events and said it is unconstitutional to require protesters to post a bond for police protection."What basis did the state have for arguing that they would breach the peace?" Sedler said. "It's a matter of First Amendment requirement: The government can't stop a speaker from speaking because of danger from a hostile crowd."Read the full story here.
- Updated - Free Speech "Martir" Jones released!DEARBORN, Mich. (AP) -- A Florida pastor's planned demonstration outside a Michigan mosque was scuttled Friday after a jury determined the protest would constitute a breach of the peace and he was briefly jailed for refusing to pay what authorities called a "peace bond."The Rev. Terry Jones, whose past rhetoric against Muslims has inflamed anti-Western sentiment in Afghanistan, said he refused to pay the $1 bond because to do so would violate his freedom of speech. He later paid it and was released.But Dawud Walid, the executive director of the Michigan chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, said Jones and Sapp should have been allowed to demonstrate outside the mosque to show that Muslims in Dearborn would not have rioted in response."Mr. Jones has been made as a martyr for free speech," Walid said.Hmmmm...."CHANGE".....Sharia law or The Constitution?Read the full story here.
- Turkey has lower grades in education than all EU members.(TodaysZaman).In a recently announced European Union report on education, Turkey ranked near the bottom of all 33 countries included in the study due to a high percentage of dropouts, a low rate of success and a lack of qualified teachers. The report covers all EU member states and additionally, Croatia, Macedonia, Iceland, Turkey, Norway and Liechtenstein. It contains overviews and detailed statistics identifying which countries perform above or below the EU average and compares the scores of the countries in several categories, also including the 2020 education benchmarks.The 174-page report put Turkey’s problems regarding education under the spotlight. Referring to the results of Turkish students in the latest Program for International Student Assessment (PISA), a two-hour test given to a half million students in more than 70 countries, it was noted in the report that Turkey continues to score slightly better in every test, but it is still much below the EU average. The report also revealed that Turkey spends 2.59 percent of its gross domestic product (GDP) on education, while this figure is 6.02 for Belgium and 7 percent for Iceland.In the 18-24 age group with at most a lower secondary education and no further education or training, 44.3 percent of Turkish students drop out, while the average is 14.4 percent in the EU, which aims to lower this figure down to 10 percent by 2020. In Turkey, 14.7 percent of students go on to obtain a tertiary education, which is much lower than the EU average of 40 percent.Turkey was in the third place from the bottom, scoring better than Romania and Bulgaria, where almost half of students are low performers in mathematics.According to 2009 data, Turkey was seventh in a list of countries that send the largest number of students abroad as part of the Erasmus student exchange program after Poland, Italy, Germany, England, Spain and France. In the 2008-2009 academic year Turkey sent 6,920 students abroad and received 2,360 students as part of the program.Hmmmm....One more reason to keep Turkey out of the European Union!Read the full story here.
- Lost and Found department - Beijing's Confucius statue mysteriously removed.(NDtv).Beijing: The mysterious removal of a statue of Confucius opposite Beijing's Tiananmen Square sparked an online flurry of speculation Saturday by Chinese looking for an explanation. One report says the monument was simply moved inside a nearby museum.The statue of the 2,500-year-old sage was unveiled just three months ago in the Communist government's most visible endorsement yet of a cultural icon it had once reviled.On Saturday, it was missing from the pavement on the north side of the recently reopened National Museum of China, with no notice as to where or why it had gone.Online forums were abuzz with speculation as to its fate. The news portal sina.com quoted a museum staffer saying it had been moved inside to a new sculpture garden. The staffer, who wasn't identified by name, said the statue had been displayed outdoors while the garden was being completed.The 31-foot (9.5-meter) bronze sculpture of a robed Confucius had sat just northeast of Tiananmen Square roughly facing a massive portrait of Mao Zedong, founder of China's Communist regime, hanging from famed Tiananmen Gate at the entrance to the Forbidden City.Confucius was at the center of Chinese civilization for nearly two millennia but was widely denigrated by Mao, who railed constantly against traditional culture and what he called "feudal thinking."Thirty-five years after Mao's death, the statue's appearance was seen as proof of Confucius' rehabilitation as an underlying ideology for a society that has largely discarded communist ideology, even as it retains the one-party Leninist political system.Already in recent years, Confucius has featured in new books and training courses, as well as in a poorly received state-funded biopic last year starring famed Hong Kong actor Chow Yun-Fat in the title role.While the statue's new location could not be verified, Internet users speculated as to whether its removal had been planned all along, or had been prompted by political pressure.Hmmmm......Read the full story here.
- Priest narrowly avoids being attacked by two swordwielding Islamic extremists in southern Turkey.(Hurriyetdailynews).A Catholic priest in the southern province of Adana narrowly avoided a potential attack by two sword-wielding suspects, according to reports.Francis Dondu, a priest at Adana’s Aziz Pavlus Latin Italian Catholic Church, left his church on Thursday after Maundy Thursday services to visit a local family. After he left, two people armed with swords and blades, 26-year-old Serhat E. and 26-year-old İbrahim K., knocked on the church door, allegedly with plans to kill Dondu.The suspects, who were carrying a one-meter-long sword and blades, asked for the priest, but were told by a custodian that he was not there.The suspects then allegedly forced their way into the church, breaking down statutes of Jesus and Mary and destroying other church belongings with the sword and blades they were carrying with them. The church servant notified the police, who arrived on the scene and eventually subdued the pair.“We were walking when a man offered us a job to distribute bibles. We argued with the man after we refused the job, and then took our blades and went to the church,” the suspects reportedly said in initial testimony.The attack at the church was not a provocation for terrorist purposes, Adana Gov. İlhan Atış said Friday.“[The suspects] were extremely drunk people who had run off the rail,” the governor said, adding that the investigation into the case was continuing.An alcohol test at the police station resulted in Serhat E. blowing 0.018 and İbrahim K. blowing 0.029. Hmmmm....How come when Muslim attack Christian priests it's never their fault? Read the full
- Turkish children suffer from high rates of parental abuse, study says.(Hurriyetdailynews).Daily Milliyet has granted its Annual Research Award in memory of journalist Örsan Öymen to Associate Professor Sezer Ayan from Cumhuriyet University in Sivas for her study titled “Family and Violence.” The research emphasizes that one third of children are beaten by adults at home and one in two mothers beats her children.Daily Milliyet has granted its Annual Research Award to a study on violence in the home in the Central Anatolian province of Sivas that showed 33 percent of children are beaten at home and that children exposed to abuse are more likely to be aggressive.“Domestic violence is always an issue in Turkey,” Associate Professor Sezer Ayan said, adding that she interviewed a total of 655 students in 70 primary schools for the study in Sivas.In the families surveyed, more than half of the parents said they had loud fights, mostly due to children or money. More than one in four men slap, kick and beat their wives, or pull their hair or cause material damage in the house, Ayan said.When fathers fight with mothers, they usually scold their children as well, some even beating them.“It seems children were beaten for not doing what they were told, having fights with siblings or for not studying. Girls are exposed to violence by their mothers as boys are by their fathers,” she said.“Almost half of the children in the study were also beaten by teachers at schools. Most parents justify violence in school because they think teachers are always right,” said Ayan.Her researched revealed the fact 54 percent of mothers beat their children.The study showed 14 percent of children were slapped using slippers, 10 percent were slapped in the face, and 9 percent were punished by pulling their ears. Another 10 percent were scolded.“Thirty-two percent of children are exposed to violence by either their mother or father at least once a week,” Ayan said.Forty-six percent of fathers beat their children, according to Ayan, who said: “Children beaten up by their mothers are exposed to violence by their father and vice versa. Fifteen percent of fathers who beat their children slap them in the face.”“The legitimization of violence in Turkish families as a method of solution to problems is another reason behind domestic violence,” Ayan said.Hmmmm.....Keep Turkey out of the European Union!Read the full story here.
- Queers Against Israel Apartheid quits Toronto parade.(JTA)Queers Against Israeli Apartheid said it will not participate in the Toronto Pride Parade.The group, which has raised controversy with its planned participation in the parade, was announced its decision in an April 15 news release.Mayor Rob Ford said on the same day that the city should withhold the funds until after the parade to ensure that Queers Against Israeli Apartheid does not actually march. Ford has said he would withhold city funding from the parade if the group participates.Pride Toronto received $123,807 from the city last year.Toronto's city manager said in a report that the group's participation does not violate the city's anti-discrimination policy, allowing the city to go forward with providing funding for the 2011 event. The city said it would fund the parade as long as all of the groups participating adhered to the city's anti-discrimination policy.Queers Against Israeli Apartheid's withdrawal was presented by the organization as a "challenge" to Ford. The organization said it will hold its own event this week.“Rob Ford wants to use us as an excuse to cut Pride funding, even though he has always opposed funding the parade, long before we showed up,” Queers Against Israeli Apartheid spokesperson Elle Flanders said in the news release. “By holding our Pride events outside of the parade, we are forcing him to make a choice: Fund Pride or have your real homophobic, right-wing agenda exposed.”The Canadian Jewish Congress, which has voiced its objection to the organization's participation, said it was pleased that Queers Against Israeli Apartheid had withdrawn from the parade.“This is a positive step and reaffirms what Canadian Jewish Congress has been saying all along: There is absolutely no place in the Pride Parade for hateful and discriminatory messages," said CJC's CEO, Bernie Farber. "The Pride Parade should be about openness and inclusivity and not about divisive, inflammatory messaging, which serves only to create a hostile and toxic environment.”Read the full story here.
Friday, April 22, 2011
- Live broadcast info from Japan directly ! Here.
- Libya Live Blog - April 22. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Syria Live Blog - April 22. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world low seismic activity in Japan today between 4.5 and 4.7! More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 95.Source : Here .
- Obama: Think about ditching those gas-guzzling SUVs(TheHill).President Obama urged the public Thursday to think about trading in their SUVs for more fuel-efficient vehicles, arguing that gas-guzzlers keep the country dependent on foreign oil.“When you do decide to buy a new car, think about that we’re putting a whole bunch of money into the pockets of some folks who do not like us at all,” Obama said in remarks at a town-hall meeting in Reno, Nev., referring to oil-producing countries in the Middle East and North Africa. Obama noted, however, that not all Americans can afford to buy a new car.As gas prices continue to rise, Obama has made reducing the country’s dependence on foreign oil a major part of his administration’s domestic policy agenda.Hmmmm.....A dictator forcing his idea of an electric car world upon America, you WILL Drive, Eat and Think as I say!Read the full story here.
- Shariah4America.com - Advocating an American 'Islamic State' and Shariah Law in the United States.(Memri)The English-language website shariah4america.com is a website advocating the establishment of a global Islamic caliphate and shariah law in the United States. It features articles and graphics detailing the dismantling of American and international institutions, such as the United Nations and the White House; American monuments, such as the Statue of Liberty and the Washington Monument; and details the various steps that will take place in economics, law, and foreign policy after the establishment of an "Islamic state."
The website is apparently run by the British Islamist Sheikh Anjem Choudary, who is prominently featured on the various pages. Choudary headed the British group "Islam 4 UK" until it was proscribed as a terrorist organization in 2010. He has also taken part in the activities of "Shariah 4 Belgium," an Islamist group calling for the establishment of Shariah law in Belgium and Holland.The website also features Sheikh Omar Bakri Muhammad, a Syrian born Islamist cleric who lived in the U.K. for nearly 20 years before leaving for Lebanon. He is currently banned from returning.Following is a description of the website's content:
The website's home page includes a banner featuring the text: "Shariah 4 America. A call for revolution" and an image of the American flag in the shape of the continental U.S. being taken over by the banner of Islam. The bottom part of the page features the text: "Communism is dead. Capitalism is dying. Islam is the solution."Below the banner, there is a rotating graphic of featured articles, including "Shariah 4 America Demonstration postponed," a picture of British Islamist Sheikh Anjem Choudary standing in front of the White House, with the banner of Islam hanging from it, and "Fatwa on U.S. intervention in Muslim Lands By Sheikh Omar Bakri Muhammad," including a picture of U.S. soldiers pointing a gun at the Ka'aba in Mecca.The site currently features 10 articles broken down into sections titled "Shariah," "New York," and "Washington," dealing with the steps that will be taken after the establishment of an Islamic Caliphate in the U.S.
The "Shariah" section features, among others, the following articles:
- "The End of Israel's U.S. Funding" – discussing the steps to be taken vis-a-vis Israel by the future caliphate. The article includes images of an Israeli submarine flying the banner of Islam, crates of weapons intended for "Palestine," and an eviction notice posted at the Israeli embassy in Washington, DC.
- "Do NOT Obey the Law of the Land" – calling on Muslims to obey shariah law, and not the law of the countries in which they reside, if the former contradicts the latter.
- "The Islamic State: 24 Hours after Implementation" – discussing specific steps that the future Islamic state will take in terms of economics, industry, and foreign policy.
New York Section
The "New York" section of the website includes the following articles:
- "International Shariah Court of Justice (New York)" – An article describing the formation of a future International Islamic court on the site of the "obsolete United Nations." The article features a picture of the U.N. flying the banners of Islam, a picture of the Shariah Court in session – with the banner of Islam and the text "Sovereignty is for none but Allah" and an Islamic speaker on the podium, flanked by armed guards - and a picture announcing the future trials of world leaders like Barack Obama, David Cameron, Benjamin Netanyahu, Hosni Mubarak, and Mu'ammar Al-Qadhafi on the charge of "Terrorist War Crimes."
- "The Islamic Demolition of the Statue of Liberty" – An article announcing the demolition of the Statue of Liberty and the construction of the "New York Minaret" – a massive mosque. The article features pictures of the Statue of Liberty wearing traditional Muslim garb, with a picture warning the public that "demolition of the Statue of Liberty is due to begin soon. Explosive charges will be used and so all visitors are advised to steer clear of the building site," and a photo of blueprints for the future "New York Minaret."
The "Washington" section of the Website includes the following articles:
- "The Islamic Punishment for Paedophiles" – An article advocating the Islamic punishment for pedophiles, wherein the accused are "impaled on a sharp spike... and left until death overcomes them... on public display as a vivid warning..." The article features pictures of the Washington Monument, renamed "Paedophile Point … By order of the Islamic Caliph, 2011."
- "The White Masjid" – An article advocating the transformation of the White House into a mosque. The article features pictures of the White House as a mosque, with minarets and domes.Additionally, the website offers a "Media enquiries" contact number (the same number as Anjem Choudary's), and a "Contact" section for individuals or groups interested in participating in a rally for Shariah law outside the White House.Hmmmmm......We don't want to take over your country"?yeah whatevah!Read and see the full story here.
- Time for a "trade in"?Earth Day Ends Obama's 53,300 Gallon Trip.(USNews).President Obama declared today's 41st annual Earth Day proof of America's ecological and conservation spirit—then completed a three-day campaign-style trip logging 10,666 miles on Air Force One, eating up some 53,300 gallons at a cost of about $180,000. And that doesn't include the fuel consumption of his helicopter, limo, or the 29 other vehicles that travel with that car.Unfortunately for any president, there is no way around traveling and the high costs of maintaining armored and militarized equipment sometimes make it a political target. The costs of travel by recent presidents have typically been investigated by opposing parties, but because the administrations and Secret Service don't discuss details like fuel consumption, those probes can't be exact in the total costs.But it is pretty easy to ballpark the costs of most trips, like Obama's three-day tour. He started at the White House on Wednesday, flew out of Andrews Air Force Base and ended up in San Francisco. On Thursday, he flew to Reno and ended the day in Los Angeles. Today, he flew home, via Andrews Air Force Base.
According to the mileage calculator on webflyer.com, those trips total 10,666 air miles. Published reports say that Boeing 747s similar to Air Force One burn about 5 gallons per mile. With companies like Jet Blue now paying $3.37 a gallon, that’s a total fuel cost of $179,621.During his trip, Obama's 30-car motorcade was used to carry him to events. His limo, and there are usually two in the motorcade, gets a high of 8-10 miles per gallon, according to industry estimates, ironic considering his recent criticism of low-mileage cars. In Pennsylvania earlier this month, he mocked low-mileage vehicles that get 8 miles per gallon, like heavy duty work trucks."If you're complaining about the price of gas and you're only getting 8 miles a gallon, you know," Obama said laughingly. "You might want to think about a trade-in."Read the full story here.
- ‘Forget About the Law’: Union Bosses & White House Advisors Bob Park & Rich Trumka Admit They Are Overriding US Law & Sovereignty With the International Labor Movement.(TheBlaze).Hmmmmm......Frequent WhiteHouse visitor.Hitler and the ShutzStaffels come to mind,strange didden't they hate Jews also?Read and see the full 'story' here.
- Red Cross: No humanitarian crisis in Gaza.(IsraelToday).The International Red Cross on Wednesday acknowledged what anyone not taken in by anti-Israel propaganda has known for some time: that there is no humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip.In an interview with the Israeli army spokesman, Mathilde Redmatn, deputy director of the Red Cross in Gaza, clearly declared for all those willing to listen that there "is no humanitarian crisis in Gaza.""If you go to the supermarket, there are products. There are restaurants and a nice beach," noted Redmatn.But Redmatn did go on to criticize Israel for maintaining a partial embargo on certain goods, such as cement, which can and has been used by terrorist forces to build bunkers."Israel has the legitimate right to protect the civilian population, [but] this right should be balanced with the right of 1.5 million people living in the Gaza Strip," said Redmatn. "...difficulties in importing building materials [has] hampered sustainable economic recovery and dashed any hope of leading a normal and dignified life."Israelis would argue that a territory that elects terrorists as its leaders and then facilitates the launching of thousands of missiles at a neighboring territory has forfeited the right to a "normal and dignified life."Redmatn also slammed Hamas and its terrorist allies for continuing to fire missiles and mortar shells at Israeli civilians in southern Israel.But, despite the reality, painting Gaza as a squalor-filled prison is just too good a propaganda tool for most to give up.A few brave journalists over the past few years have bucked the media trend of portraying Gaza as the most destitute place on earth, and have provided written and photographic evidence that Gaza is not nearly as bad off as most reports make it out to be.Last year, National Post reporter Tom Gross lambasted his colleagues in the international media for focusing solely on those parts of Gaza that are impoverished in a deliberate attempt to suggest that the entire region lives that way, because of Israeli security measures."We could produce the same effect by selectively filming seedy parts of Paris and Rome and New York and Los Angeles, too," Gross wrote at the time.Even Hamas has admitted that there is no Israeli-created starvation in Gaza."There is no starvation in Gaza. No one has died of hunger," Khalil Hamada, a senior official at Gaza's Ministry of Justice, told London's Daily Telegraph last year.The truth revealed by all of these acknowledgements and reports is that Gaza is not under siege. Yes, Israel is closely monitoring and restricting the entry of certain goods in order to limit the terrorists' capabilities. But the influx of goods into a territory that is actively engaged in terrorist warfare against the civilians of its neighboring territory is unprecedented in Gaza.Hmmmm.....Conclusion......It's easy to find a stick to beat the'evil Jew'.Read the full story here.
- Jordan detains 136 on 'terror' charges.(Ynet). Arrests take place week after scores hurt when Islamist Salafist protesters clash with police in northern city of Zarqa.Jordan has detained 136 people on "terrorism" charges a week after scores were hurt when Islamist Salafist protesters clashed with police in the northern city of Zarqa, a police spokesman said on Friday. "The involvement of 136 people brought before the prosecutor of the State Security Court for terrorism and unrest has been proven, and it was decided to detain them," spokesman Mohammad Khatib said, quoted by Petra news agency. Khatib spoke of the "the involvement of 100 other people on the run who will be referred to the attorney general of state security once they are arrested." The Salafists, who espouse an austere form of Sunni Islam, clashed with security forces during a demonstration in Zarqa, northeast of Amman, on April 15, leaving 91 people wounded. An investigation showed the demonstrators had carried out the attack armed with "sharp weapons including swords, axes, daggers, sticks and iron bars," said Khatib.They "caused damage to public and private property... caused trouble... by beating and stabbing a number of citizens and members of security forces," he said. The spokesman said the accused forced shops to close and took control of the Omar Bin al-Khattab mosque in Zarqa "causing fear and frightening the faithful." Unlike other protests calling for reform that have rocked Jordan in recent weeks, the Salafist demonstrators have been demanding the release of 90 Islamist prisoners.Among those they want freed is Abu Mohammed al-Maqdessi, the one-time mentor of slain al-Qaeda in Iraq leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who hailed from Zarqa.The Salafists, who seek a return to practices common in the early days of Islam, have been protesting for several weeks, also staging demonstrations in the capital. Jordanian Prime Minister Maaruf Bakhit has accused the Islamists of belonging to an armed organization, and said his government would take a tough line against them.Read the full story here.
- Putin: U.S. Monetary Policy Amounts To 'Hooliganism'.(TPM)Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin characterized U.S. monetary policy as "hooliganism" in his annual address to the Russian Parliament Wednesday. As reported in the Wall Street Journal : "Look at their trade balance, their debt, and budget. They turn on the printing press and flood the entire dollar zone -- in other words, the whole world -- with government bonds. There is no way we will act this way anytime soon. We don't have the luxury of such hooliganism," he said.Putin lobbed harsh criticism toward the U.S., saying that "everything is not so good for our friends in the States," and said the lesson to be taken from the financial crisis was the importance of being "self-reliant, independent, and strong."China -- the top holder of U.S. debt -- has also expressed concern about the U.S.'s economic footing following the S&P warning. On Tuesday, China's foreign ministry spokesman urged the U.S. to adopt "responsible measures" to guarantee the interests of investors.Hmmm......America has entered one of its periods of historic madness, but this is the worst I can remember.John Le Carre.Read the full story here.
- Tunisian held at Guantanamo for 8 years then transferred by the Obama regime to Italy on terrorism charges being deported to Tunesia on terrorisme charges.(CanadianPress).ROME — The Italian government on Wednesday deported a Tunisian man who was held for eight years at Guantanamo on terrorism charges and then transferred to Italy in 2009 as part of the U.S. government's attempts to shut down the prison.The Interior Ministry said Adel Ben Mabrouk was put on a plane for Tunisia under an agreement with Tunisian diplomats in Rome.Mabrouk lived in Italy before travelling to Afghanistan, where he was captured on the border with Pakistan and turned over to the United States in 2001. Upon his return to Italy along with another prisoner, he was convicted of criminal association with the aim of terrorism but was freed in February because of time served in Guantanamo.Prosecutors said that while living in Italy he frequented an Islamic centre in Milan which a U.S. Treasury report at the time labeled "the main al-Qaida station house in Europe."The Interior Ministry statement said the group had planned using a car bomb to blow up Milan's Gothic cathedral. The attack never took place.The deportation to Tunisia had been apparently held up because of the political turmoil in the North African country. The ministry praised the "renewed co-operation" between Italian authorities and Tunisian diplomats in Italy.Hmmmm......Home sweet home ....Thank you Hussein?Read the full story here.
- Easter Cancelled in Syria.(Aina).The country's Christian population has been forced to abandon its usually colourful and exuberant commemorations because of the number of "martyrs" who have died and the "bad situation", a senior church official told The Daily Telegraph.The whole country is braced for a wave of protests on Friday, despite an announcement that President Bashir al-Assad had signed a decree lifting the 48-year state of emergency, a key demand.Government promises of reform combined with violence by armed plain-clothes security forces have only served to bolster the opposition, who are planning more demonstrations after regular Muslim Friday prayers.But today these will clash with Good Friday services, which would normally see processions and public gatherings by Syria's Christian minority, estimated at between 1-2 million, or around five per cent of the population."We are not receiving official congratulations," Bishop Philoxenos Mattias, Assistant to the Syriac Orthodox Church Patriarchate in Damascus, the country's biggest Christian denomination, said."All of the Syrian churches have decided this together because of the bad situation and because of the martyrs who have died in recent days, out of respect for them."He said services would still take place inside the churches, but all street processions and public music performances had been cancelled. "We decided to postpone them till next year," he added.Normally streets in the Christian quarters of Damascus and other cities would see parades by uniformed marching bands and choirboys and even re-enactments of the Crucifixion.One nun, speaking from her monastery but asking not to be identified, said Christians were afraid even to come to church."They do not feel safe," she said. "There aren't going to be any celebrations, but just prayers inside church. On Palm Sunday we cancelled the celebrations too."Things are not good here -- how can we celebrate? People are very sad. We cannot celebrate because of all the martyrs who have lost their lives and because of all the destruction that has taken place. We are only going to pray."The decision by the churches was said to have been taken in consultation with the authorities but not on their insistence.The official churches of Syria tend to be very pro-government. They regard its aggressive secular agenda as a key reason for the lack of anti-church violence by Muslim fundamentalist groups of the sort that has decimated Christian populations in neighbouring Iraq and seen widespread emigration elsewhere in the region.Whether those feelings are shared by younger members is less clear.Christian imagery was posted on the "Syrian Revolution 2011" Facebook page, calling for united Good Friday protests.Hmmmm......."Change"......Obama & Hillary Assad is a 'reformer'.Read the full story here.
- Realated - Syria's Assad Has a Staunch Friend in the Church.(Aina)."We are with the government and against these movements that oppose it," said Bishop Philoxenos Mattias, a spokesman for the Syriac Orthodox Church."Here in Syria we do not have problems like Christians in other countries. We have no problem with the president."The experience of neighbouring Iraq is a salutary lesson for Christians across the Middle East. Many disliked the brutality of Saddam Hussein's regime as much as his other subjects, but what has come since has been incomparably worse.In the violence, much of it sectarian, that swept the country after the coalition invasion, both Christians and occupations traditionally carried out by Christians, such as selling alcohol, were targeted for the first time. More than 60 churches have been bombed, hundreds killed for their faith and the Catholic Archbishop of Mosul was two years ago abducted and murdered.More than half the Christian population are estimated to have fled the country.Even in countries which have a long tradition of Christians and Muslims living alongside each other, including in Lebanon where Christian Maronites used to be the dominant political force and are still guaranteed the presidency under the constitution, numbers are declining.In some cases, this is ascribed to the economic opportunities offered by emigration to the Christian West. In others, it is a subtle mixture of opportunity mixed with the chance to leave behind low-level sectarian conflict and the threat of worse should the situation deteriorate.Read the full story here.
- The 'Snake' is out of the bag!Iranian Ayatollah: Saudi, Bahraini Dynasties Are Heretic.(Memri).Iranian Ayatollah Javadi Amoli told Bahraini clerics that every Muslim has a duty to protect the Bahraini people, adding that many Iranian young people are willing to martyr themselves in Bahrain, but that the path to it is blocked. He said that the Al-Saud dynasty in Saudi Arabia and the Al-Khalifa dynasty in Bahrain are heretic. The Iranian news agency ISNA reported that 200 Iranian students have departed by ship from southern Iran towards Bahrain. Hmmmm...'200 Iranian students'?Studying "The Art of War"?Read the full story here.
- IRGC Cmdr: We Can Respond Aggressively Even In Gulf Of Oman. Indian Ocean; Israel, U.S. Bases Within Range Of Iranian Missiles.(Memri).The commander of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC), Ali J'afari, says that the enemy has distanced its ships from the Persian Gulf region to the Gulf of Oman and the Indian Ocean, due to its fears of Iran's might in the Gulf. However, he said, the IRGC is increasing the range of its response to enemy aggression to these distant regions as well. He added that Israel and U.S. military bases in the Middle East are all within the range of Iranian missiles.Hmmmm........Read the full story here.
- Why Saudi Arabia Should Be Worried About Iran's Next Move.(Businessinsider).Iran warned Saudi Arabia on Monday of the dire consequences of Riyadh’s intervention in Bahrain. Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei’s adviser for military affairs, Maj. Gen. Yahya Rahim Safavi, told journalists, “The presence and attitude of Saudi Arabia (in Bahrain) sets an incorrect precedence for similar future events, and Saudi Arabia should consider this fact that one day the very same event may recur in Saudi Arabia itself and Saudi Arabia may come under invasion for the very same excuse.”A post-U.S. Iraq renders the Saudi kingdom vulnerable to a future Iranian invasion.The remarks made by Safavi, who formerly served as commander of Iran’s elite military force, the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (1997-2007), constitute the first time Tehran has issued such a direct warning. The Saudis and the Iranians have had tense relations since the founding of the Islamic republic in 1979 and increasingly so since the U.S. invasion of Iraq toppled the Baathist regime, which led to a Shiite-dominated Iraqi state and the empowering of Iran. But never before has Iran issued a public statement about an invasion of the Saudi kingdom.So, why is the Persian Shiite state engaging in such threats now? The Saudi move to intervene in neighboring Bahrain, where popular unrest was largely waged by the Shiite majority, threatened to topple a Sunni monarchy. Well aware of the implications, the Saudis embarked on their first long-term, overseas military deployment, sending in 1,500 troops to help Bahraini forces crush the Shiite opposition.The Saudi move succeeded in quelling the unrest (for now at least), which placed Iran in a difficult position. Lacking the capability to physically aid their fellow Shia in the Persian Gulf, the Iranians were caught in an awkward situation. Iran had to do more than issue diplomatic statements and engineer protests against the Saudis and their allies.Read the full story here.