Tuesday, April 12, 2011
- Live broadcast info from Japan directly ! Here.
- Libya Live Blog - April 12. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Middle East Live Blog April 10 here .(Al-Jazeera)
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world increased seismic activity in Japan today between 4.9 and 6.2! More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 84.On 12.04.2011 at 02:59 GMT+2. Here .
- HT:NuclearHistory.Fukushima Farmers hit hard and face heart break.The Mainichi Daily News Japan.IITATE, Fukushima — For one farmer here, the newly expanded evacuation zone around the crippled nuclear power plant nearby may mean doing the unthinkable: abandoning his cows.“You can’t just leave living things behind,” says village cattle farmer Nagakiyo Yamada, 60. “Compensation hasn’t been decided, either. If I have to move to a shelter, I want to stay as close to my farm as I can and keep taking care of my cows.”While part of the village of Iitate has been in the band 20-30 kilometers from the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant, the entire village will now be subject to new government evacuation orders announced on April 11. Residents within the 10-kilometer-wide ring are currently advised to remain indoors.Yamada has dutifully followed the indoor standby advisory, but not in his house. Since hydrogen explosions shook the nuclear plant soon after the March 11 earthquake and tsunami, he has been living in his barn with 13 calves he intends to enter in livestock competitions, intent on saving them from exposure to radiation. The young cows haven’t been put out to pasture since the nuclear crisis began, and Yamada replies to their soft “moos” with some of his own, trying to give them company.Farmers in Miyazaki Prefecture — which sold Yamada the mother cow — have been sending water and instant noodles, apparently worried about the effect of the March 11 disaster and nuclear crisis on their Fukushima counterparts.“I think of the help as a message encouraging me to raise these calves properly,” Yamada says.Calves from the Iitate region are highly regarded, and ordinarily command an equivalently high price at market. However, the bottom has fallen out of the animals’ value with the current crisis.“Market confidence in these calves was built up over decades,” Yamada says. “This problem can’t be solved just with money,” he continues, stroking the head of one of his cows.However, even if Yamada can stay close enough to care for his livestock, the resources to do so are running low. He only has two months of feed hay left, and if radioactive contamination prevents him from harvesting more, his prized calves will starve to death.Yamada’s farm also produces 15 metric tons of rice and 750 kilograms of tobacco a year, but both will very probably be subject to planting restrictions this year. Meanwhile, his household’s emergency stockpile of rice will likely run out during the coming summer.“Even if we evacuate, how are we supposed to live?” Yamada laments.Adding to Yamada’s worries, with no resolution to the nuclear crisis in sight and the future of the area uncertain, many of the village’s young people could leave.“Even if the evacuation order is lifted, the village could end up a wasteland,” he says.The situation may be even more heartbreaking for elder members of the Yamada clan.“Even during World War II, at least we could go outside,” says Yamada’s 80-year-old mother Toshiko. “I plan to die here. I’ve just given up cause I’ve been exposed to so much radiation,” she mutters.end quote.According to Ziggy, former head of ANSTO, Japanese nuclear industry is one of the best in the world. How do you turn off a nuke plant Ziggy? there’s no off switch for decay heat. And that has been known to be the case since 1942.Hmmm....And to top off things "Radioactive Tuna Fish Migrating From Japan To U.S. Waters".Read the full story here.
- Hosni Mubarak in hospital.Egyptian security, health officials say former Egyptian president admitted to Sharm el-Sheikh hospital. Hospital director says Mubarak 'more or less' stable as court hearing looms.Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak was taken to hospital on Tuesday after suffering a "heart crisis" when he was being questioned during an investigation, Egyptian television reported. Hospital director Mohammed Fathallah discussed Mubarak's health status on Egyptian television saying the former president was "more or less" stable. Mubarak had been hospitalized under the pretext of being sick in order not to appear before investigators, the website of the state-owned publisher of Al-Ahram newspaper said.Television correspondent in Sharm el-Sheikh said that Mubarak was hospitalized in the VIP wing and the hospital was placed under close police surveillance. Dozens of demonstrators picketed the hospital in the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, denouncing the president and carrying a sign reading "Here is the butcher." They scuffled with supporters of Mubarak amid a massive security presence."The former president Hosni Mubarak entered ... Sharm el-Sheikh hospital," according to Al-Ahram.It said the president may not have to travel to Cairo to attend the investigation because of his admittance to hospital.A hospital official told AFP they cannot comment on the former president's condition but added that "the health minister will issue a statement" shortly.
He has kept a low profile since, living in Sharm el-Sheikh. According to reports in al-Ahram, Mubarak had been expected to be questioned by investigators for the first time on Tuesday in connection with corruption allegations and violence against protesters during the uprising under heavy security. It remains unclear when the testimony will take place and what exactly he is accused of. Mubarak's two sons, Alaa and Gamal have also been ordered to appear in court.Read the full story here.
- Some 250,000 children sexually abused in Turkey in past decade.At least 250,000 minors have been sexually abused in Turkey over the past decade, with 7,000 raped in 2010 alone, according to a survey conducted by a prominent Turkish researcher.The research by Tuncer Günay also revealed that some 350,000 to 400,000 children are thought to have been sexually abused over the past 20 years by first-degree relatives or other close kin. Of these incidents, just 600 were referred to the country’s courts.Mistreatment of minors seems to have been harshest on Turkey’s streets, with 30,000 of 50,000 homeless children reportedly having been either raped or sexually abused.Last year, some 4,000 street children were sentenced and sent to correctional facilities, where 250 juveniles over the past five years have reported being raped by their peers or older inmates, Günay said in his research. Seventy-five percent of all street children have some kind of police record for committing crimes such as theft, extortion, causing personal injury or rape.About 200 cases were referred to the judiciary in 2009 in which children had been sexually abused by their teachers, local shopkeepers, deputy principals or other personnel at boarding schools and kindergartens, according to Günay’s findings.Günay’s research also showed that 51 percent of murder victims killed by a member of their family were women, with men and children respectively making up 39 percent and 10 percent of the total. Moreover, 70 percent of all victims of intra-family sexual assault were also women, while children were targeted in 25 percent of such cases.Figures extracted from a report prepared by the Police Department Headquarters revealed that women were the victims in the majority – 71 percent – of all cases of sexual assault in 2010. Of the rest, 17 percent were children and 12 percent were men.In cases of sexual harassment, 66 percent of all victims were women and 22 percent were children, while 89 percent of all suspects were men. Women also constituted 58 percent of all victims of sexual harassment within family circles, while children were the victims in 38 percent of all cases.The police report, which was also sent to the Turkish Parliament, further stated that Istanbul ranked first among provinces in Turkey regarding the volume of cases involving sexual assault, sexual harassment and intentional murder, while the Marmara region ranked first among Turkey’s regions in the same categories. The survey by Günay also showed that access to 23,000 porn sites, of which 15,000 dealt in child pornography, was barred in 2010 by units responsible for information technologies and telecommunications monitoring.Hmmmm.....Please Lord keep Turkey out of the European Union!Read the full story here.
- Why Ankara should not be helping Iran go nuclear.Will a nuclear Iran be good or bad for Turkey? If Iran goes nuclear, it will become the regional hegemon, extinguishing Ankara’s hopes of becoming a key player in the Middle East. Recently, however, Turkey has helped Iran circumvent international sanctions that target its nuclearization. Turkish companies and banks regularly abuse the financial system to facilitate payments to the Islamic republic, perhaps unwittingly assisting its effort of becoming a nuclear power. Turkey’s failure to prevent this type of abuse not only pokes a finger in the eye of the West, but also allows a rogue regime to fill its coffers with hard currency and materiel as it attempts to become the dominant power in the region – at Turkey’s expense.The Turkish-Iranian relationship has revolved around bilateral trade. In 2008, the two countries conducted $10 billion of business, and officials from both countries have called for an increase to $20 billion by 2012. Iran exports mostly oil and gas to the Turkish market. Naturally, Turkey wants to fuel its economy, and Turkish officials have made it clear that they will look to all available sources of energy, including Iran.The international community has assured Ankara of its commitment to Turkish energy needs, and has pointed out that in the past, Iran has proven to be an unreliable partner in this regard. Since other sources of energy are available to Turkey, Ankara’s insistence on buying oil from a rogue regime seems to demonstrate a strong desire to do business with Iran.What is really behind Ankara’s insistence on developing and strengthening its relationship with Tehran? There appear to be two primary motivating factors: an aversion to regional instability and a desire to get closer to the Tehran regime.Ankara seems to fear new American or coalition military action in the region, including an attack on Iran, more than it fears a nuclear-armed Iran. Turkey’s present reality is shaped by the instability in Iraq caused by the second Gulf War, and the low-intensity conflict that continues to the present. According to a recent poll, 43 percent of Turks consider the biggest threat to Turkey to come from the United States, while only 3 percent believe it comes from Iran.There are those who people believe that the Justice and Development Party, or AKP, has an ideological agenda that favors Tehran’s regime. One way of determining whether this is true is the party’s stance on Tehran; Iran should serve as a litmus test for the leanings of the AKP.If seen in this light, the Turkish government’s stance on Iran is telling. Ankara has consistently expanded its financial ties to Iran. For instance, Iranian Bank Mellat, blacklisted by both the United States and the United Nations, has been operating openly in Turkey. Mellat branches conduct business in Istanbul, Ankara, and İzmir, despite the U.N. restrictions on the bank for facilitating payments tied to Iran’s nuclear program. Mellat was also designated by the U.S. Treasury Department for allowing weapons of mass destruction to spread. Subsidiaries of the bank around the globe have reportedly been involved in the Iranian missile industry, spreading terrorism and assisting Iran’s nuclear regime. In addition, Mellat has agreed to facilitate trade between Turkey and Iran using Turkish Liras and/or Iranian rials, which helps them avoid the use of euros and dollars. International financial regulators and sanction-watchers cannot easily detect payments that bypass the European or American financial systems.Wittingly or unwittingly, Turkey seems to be helping Iran go nuclear. This is bad news for Ankara, for once an authoritarian country becomes a nuclear power, its neighbors are subject to abuse. The example of North Korea is telling in this regard. Since becoming a nuclear power, Pyongyang has fired rockets over Japan and sunk South Korean ships. Does Ankara want a nuclear Iran next door that can flout international law at Turkey’s expense?Hmmmmm.....Why?Because the Turkish 'regime' hates the Jews and the US as much as Iran.Get Turkey out of NATO!Read the full story here.
- HT:Memri.Following Closure of 'Third Palestinian Intifada' Facebook Pages, New Ones Are Launched.Despite the closure of several Facebook pages promoting the campaign for the Third Palestinian Intifada, set for May 15, 2011, hundreds of Facebook pages promoting the same aim still exist. Many of these pages feature statements in praise of martyrdom, jihad, and the killing of Jews. There are also statements against Jews on the page, such as the slogan "Khaybar, Khaybar, o Jews, the army of Muhammad shall return," as well as calls condemning Jews translated into broken Hebrew: "Dear Jews, don't be afraid, death will be swift. Expect an Arab deluge, we are coming. We will help the religion of Allah and Palestine to triumph"; "Death to the Jews, murderers of the prophets"; and "The offspring of the sons of Zion are going to Hell."The page shows photos of burning Israeli flags. One is headed "This is the photo that the Facebook administration doesn't like" and a second is headed "Another gift to the Facebook administration." In another post, the page's administrators noted: "O Israel, burn, the Arab rebels are coming." One of the page's wall photos shows a map of Palestine (disregarding the existence of Israel) in the colors of the Palestinian flag.Hmmmm......Why does Facebook allow these pages to excist?And is the Obama administration (Robert Gibbs) working with facebook?Read the full story here.
- HT:BigPeace.Huh? Obama Administration Does NOT Want To Interrogate Key Terrorist Suspect.How is this policy even defensible? We helped the Pakistanis capture this guy, but we don’t want to talk to him? This terror mastermind probably doesn’t have anything of value to tell us. Yeah, right. The Los Angeles Times reports:Reporting from Washington— He’s considered one of world’s most dangerous terrorism suspects, and the U.S. offered a $1-million reward for his capture in 2005. Intelligence experts say he’s a master bomb maker and extremist leader who possesses a wealth of information about Al Qaeda-linked groups in Southeast Asia.Yet the U.S. has made no move to interrogate or seek custody of Indonesian militant Umar Patek since he was apprehended this year by officials in Pakistan with the help of a CIA tip, U.S. and Pakistani officials say.”Hmmmm......"What's going on in Pakistan with the Obama regime?"Read the full story here.
- Israel worried by 'weakening' US.ISRAEL is troubled by the perception the US is an "empire of the past" and wants a resurgent America to lead a decisive confrontation with Iran, a top official has said."America is tested" at a pivotal moment in the history of the Middle East, said Israel's Deputy Prime Minister, Dan Meridor, who is also the Minister for Intelligence and Nuclear Energy.The Arab world was watching the US closely: "They look to America. If America does not seem to be able to contain the Iranian threat, will they go with Iran?"Advertisement: Story continues below "This is of world-order magnitude," he told the Herald in an interview. Israel, which depends on the US as its security guarantor, itself appears to have new doubts about US judgment.Mr Meridor said he was "surprised" at the Obama administration's treatment of a longstanding US ally, Egypt's former president: "Was it necessary to immediately empower the demonstrators against him and let [Hosni] Mubarak go? It's seen by all the allies of America in the Arab world. I don't know where the tide of history will go and I'm not sure they know.""The perception, that I hope is wrong, that America is weakening is not good, but I hope that America will find a way, and I believe they can, to restore itself as the leading country and not allow those impressions spread by the Iraq war that America is an empire of the past. All this is here on the table."America has started wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Is it a success story or not? What happens in Pakistan? … It may be the use of power showed the limits of power."Mr Meridor, a senior member of the Likud party of the Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, said the confrontation with Iran was "a decisive conflict"."The end of it is very important.If the end of it is that Iran has nuclear power, it will have grave effects on world order, on balance of power, and on the Middle East."It may spell the end of the nuclear non-proliferation treaty regime, not only because Iran will be nuclear, but because other countries say they will need to be nuclear, Egypt and Saudi Arabia and others may do it. "No more the responsible adults tell the kids what to do. When everybody has the bomb you can't contain or control or interfere as America could do."The US President, Barack Obama, last week called on Israel to take the initiative to break the stalemate over peace talks.Mr Meridor said the Netanyahu government was still debating its position internally.His personal position, he said, was "we should be very active in trying to bring them to the table."Time is not neutral here. Neither the Palestinians nor we gain from the passage of time. I don't think their situation gets better."This would mean "the strengthening of the religious paradigm and the weakening of the national paradigm," Mr Meridor said. And Israel did not benefit from delay either: "We can't stay like this with undefined borders. We need to put an end to it if we can."Hmmmmm.......We need another President in the US one who act as a Christian instead of one pretending to be a Christian, 2012 can't come soon enough.Read the full story here.
- HT:Memri.Pakistani Daily Report: 'Are The Drone Attacks Over?'Ever since the condemnation of drone attacks by Pakistan Army Chief General Ashfaq Kayani last month, there has been no drone attack in Pakistan during the past three weeks, according to a Pakistani daily.The CIA has been launching drone attacks on almost a daily basis but a substantial decrease was witnessed after the arrest of CIA contractor Raymond Davis, who was later released following a deal.A drone attack carried out within hours of Davis's release in the Datta Khel area of North Waziristan had elicited strong criticism from General Kayani. The Conflict Monitoring Centre (CMC), a watchdog that closely monitors the drones and other anti-state militancy, says that ever since General Kayani condemned the drone attacks, the CIA has stopped its drone operations in Pakistan.Hmmmm.....Was this part of the deal "stop the drone attacks and we'll release Davis"?Read the full story here.
- Armenia agrees long-term Russian army presence.Armenia's parliament on Tuesday ratified a deal to allow Russian troops to remain in the country for more than 30 years, boosting Moscow's military influence in the strategic South Caucasus region.The deal sees Russian forces extending their lease on a military base in Armenia until 2044 and upgrading the mission of the estimated 3,000 troops stationed there. Deputy Defense Minister Ara Nazarian said that the agreement would ensure Armenia's security and protect Russian interests in the former Soviet region where the Kremlin wants to play a leading role. "In addition, according to the amendments, the Russian side will assist Armenia in the provision of armaments and modern military equipment," Nazarian told lawmakers.The deal has caused unease in Azerbaijan, which is locked in a long-running conflict with Armenia over the disputed territory of Nagorny Karabakh, and in neighboring Georgia, which fought a brief war with Russia in 2008."After the Russian-Georgian conflict, Russia understandably wants to strengthen its positions in the Caucasus," said independent lawmaker Tigran Torosian, expressing concern that Yerevan was making too deep a commitment to Moscow.Russia however has not openly committed itself to intervening militarily in any conflict involving Armenia. As well as infantry and artillery units, the Russian base in the Armenian city of Gyumri, near the border with Turkey, hosts S-300 missile defense systems and MiG-29 fighter jets.Hmmmm......"The die has been cast"?Read the full story here.
- Dubai - Maid chops off 70-year-old employer's genitals.An Ethiopian housemaid who allegedly cut off her 70-year-old employer's genitals has confessed to committing the act as she was 'tired of being harrassed by him', reported 'Emarat Al Youm'.The elderly man, a GCC national, called the police early Monday morning to report the incident. The cops rushed to his Deira residence and shifted him to hospital where he had undergo an operation.The maid revealed during investigations that the old man had been regularly harrassing her. On Monday morning he asked her to give him a massage. She lost her cool, took a knife and chopped his organ off.The maid was arrested from the place of crime.Meanwhile, according to Dubai Police statistics about 665 crimes were committed by housemaids in Dubai last year. Of which, there were 305 absconders, 113 rape cases, 85 cases of illegal residence; 68 breach-of-trust cases and 63 thefts.Hmmmm.......Take note "don't hire Ethiopian maid"?Read the full story here.
This is an ordinary class on Islam in Germany given by ordinary Muslims for ordinary Germans (most of those in the class are apparently already Muslims). This is not a class given by Hamas or Hezbullah or al-Qaeda or other 'militant' organizations.
How do 'ordinary Muslims' think about Jews and Christians?HT: IsraelMatzav.
- Live broadcast info from Japan directly ! Here.
- Libya Live Blog - April 12. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Middle East Live Blog April 10 here .(Al-Jazeera)
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world increased seismic activity in Japan today between 4.9 and 6.2! More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 84.On 12.04.2011 at 02:59 GMT+2.
Japan is to raise its assessment of the severity of its nuclear emergency to the maximum seven on an international scale, putting it on a par with Chernobyl, reports said Tuesday. The government currently rates the incident at five, but will boost that to seven, Kyodo and NHK said, citing unnamed sources. The Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant was badly damaged by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan and has been leaking radiation since, despite efforts to cool and stabilise its reactors.
Situation Update No. 83. On 12.04.2011 at 02:48 GMT+2.
Japan awoke to another large aftershock this morning, while a fresh fire broke out at the stricken Fukushima nuclear power plant. The magnitude-6.3 earthquake struck off the coast of Chiba prefecture, east of Tokyo, and was felt across the capital. The tremor brought trains in Tokyo to a standstill but there was no threat of a tsunami along the east coast. Soon after the earthquake hit, media reports emerged of a new fire in reactor No. 4 at the Fukushima nuclear plant. Crews soon extinguished the fire and it was not clear how serious the situation had been. The fire and the earthquake did not appear to be connected. Japan has been rocked by aftershocks since a giant earthquake and tsunami killed thousands of people a month ago. Last night a powerful 7.1-magnitude aftershock killed four people, including a 16-year-old girl who was caught in a mudslide.Source.
- Blast rocks Minsk subway.Rescuers, ambulances and police are working at Oktyabrskaya metro station in the Belarus capital Minsk. The latest reports suggest that the blast claimed 11 lives and wounded 126 people. A total of 126 people have been admitted to Minsk hospitals, 22 of them in serious condition and 30 moderately injured. Twenty injured victims were taken to the city’s No. 2 clinical hospital, local television channel STV reported. Other wounded were received by the No. 6 hospital.The survivors mostly have wounds to their arms and legs as well as to the lower torso, according to Vitaly Gurko, chief physician of city hospital No. 6, as quoted by the Itar-Tass news agency.All local medics have been summoned to work to be available to conduct surgical operations, a public health service official was quoted as saying by the RIA Novosti news agency.According to RIA Novosti news agency, the explosion went off at 17:56 local time.The bomb was stuffed with pieces of metal, and the nature of injuries confirms suspicions that it was a terrorist attack, the Interfax news agency quoted a source in Minsk law enforcement authorities as saying. The explosion was equivalent to five to seven kilograms of TNT, officials said.Belarus’ prosecutor’s office has opened a case for the terrorist attack.The police have beefed up security measures at large venues, railway stations and airports. All transport crossing Belarus’ border is being inspected.Belarusian medical officials went on local television to ask Minsk residents to donate blood for the victims. A special hotline has been set up in Minsk to announce information about the victims.Minsk city hall declared Wednesday a day of mourning for the victims of the blast.Lukashenko said that although there is a possibility that the explosion could have been organized abroad, all local ammunition storage facilities should be double checked. "You have to check all military storage facilities if all ammunition and explosives are in fact present and properly guarded," Lukashenko told the country’s Minister of Defense, Yury Zhadobin.Russian President Dmitry Medvedev expressed his condolences to his Belarusian counterpart, Aleksandr Lukashenko, in a phone conversation the two leaders held today. Medvedev offered Russia's help in investigating the terrorist act and searching for the organizers and perpetrators of the blast in the Minsk metro, according to Medvedev's press secretary, Natalya Timakova.Meanwhile, the Russian Ministry of Health has assembled a team of highly professional neurosurgeons and emergency physicians with substantial experience in aiding blast victims, and is planning on sending them to Minsk, the Interfax news agency reported.Hmmmm.....Why would Lukashenko think the explosives came from a Military depot?Read the full story here.More details here.
- Belarus searching for suspects in Minsk Metro blast.Belarusian police are hunting for two suspects over the Minsk Metro bombing which killed 12 and left more than 200 injured. A number of people have already been detained in connection with the blast.According to Interior Minister Anatoly Kuleshov, investigators have made photofits of the two suspects. “Photofits of these two people have been made based on information received from citizens," said Anatoly Kuleshov at a press briefing.Life News tabloid says one suspect is reportedly 25-35 years old, about 175cm tall, medium build, with stubble on his cheeks. He was wearing a knitted cap, dark blue waterproof padded coat, dark trousers and black boots. He was holding a black bag in his hands.Investigators have already watched CCTV tapes from the scene."Besides, yesterday citizens provided us with detailed information about certain suspicious-looking people," he said.There are no women among the suspects, and police did not get any reports about suspicious-looking females seen in the metro said KuleshovPolice have called on citizens to provide any information concerning the terrorist attack promising “guaranteed confidentiality and adequate reward.”Meanwhile, according to the latest reports from the head of investigation Andrey Shved, police have detained some people under suspicion of involvement in the blast.According to preliminary reports, the power of the blast ranged from an equivalent of five to seven kilograms of TNT. The diameter of the explosion crater is about 80cm. An explosive device was allegedly hidden under a bench on the platform opposite the second car of a train. The allegedly radio-controlled bomb was stuffed with pieces of metal.No one has claimed responsibility as yet. Shved believes the explosion was aimed at destabilizing the situation in the country.Read the full story here.More here.
HT:DougHagmann.Unraveling of Barry Soetoro: the sequel.
Following the publication of our article titled “The unraveling of Barry Soetoro, a/k/a Barack Hussein Obama”, we’ve been inundated with hundreds of e-mails pointing out two alleged errors in our report. We’ll accept the fact that we need to be taken to the proverbial woodshed over one of those errors. Officer John McClane did not fire at the police car in the original “Die Hard” movie as we stated. It was one of the terrorists. We stand corrected, and stand even more amazed how many people are so astute in their movie trivia but have no idea what the actual eligibility issue is all about.Therein lies the fallacy of the other “error,” which, of course, is not an error at all. It does, however, represent the very core of the entire eligibility issue that has yet to be adequately answered by Barry SOETORO, a/k/a Barack Hussein Obama. We thank those who have written, for it allows us the opportunity to illustrate exactly how and why the average person is so easily sucked into a vortex of confusion regarding this matter. It is our intent to clear up this confusion as concisely as possible, while identifying those who appear to be behind the charade of deceit that is finally catching up to the current occupant of the White House.
The hornet’s nest we stirred was by citing the U.S. Constitution, followed by the intent of our founding fathers based on their subsequent writings. It is the primary issue that lies behind the smokescreen of the elusive birth certificate of Barack Hussein Obama, or perhaps to be more legally correct, Barry SOETORO. Specifically, we wrote the following paragraph that contains two highlighted sentences that appeared to cause confusion with some readers, while others deliberately exploited our intent:
I urge those reading this and those who are pursuing the truth to avoid “battlefield myopia” and not merely cling to the existence or lack thereof of the long form, authenticated birth certificate. The issue is much greater than the birth certificate or where Obama was physically born, as he could have been born in the Lincoln bedroom during the Kennedy administration and still be ineligible to hold the office of president under Article II, Section I, Clause 5 of the United States Constitution. Our founders determined that future presidents must be born to two parents who are both U.S. citizens. Clearly then, the place of Obama’s birth is merely one concern, while the citizen aspect of his parents remains another.
Summary of Findings:
In sum and substance, one can reasonably conclude that to be legally considered a natural born citizen, and thus legally and constitutionally eligible to hold the office of the President of the United States, both parents must be citizens of the United States at the time of the birth of the candidate. It has been well documented that Barack Hussein Obama’s father was not a U.S. citizen, but a Kenyan subject to the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom at the time of Obama’s birth. This aspect has been the subject of numerous legal suits since 2008, all of which have failed to progress within the courts.
As Barry SOETORO a/k/a Barack Hussein Obama has blocked every attempt to release his long form birth certificate, spending an estimated two million dollars during the last three years to keep secret a one-page document that would verify parentage and place of birth, even the most hardened skeptics must be curious with regard to his reasoning.
We would be remiss not to mention that Mr. SOETORO a/k/a Barack Hussein Obama has also blocked the release of numerous other records of his past, including but not limited to the following list: “Passport records, Obama kindergarten records, Punahou School records, Occidental College records, Columbia University records, Columbia thesis, Harvard Law School records, Harvard Law Review articles, University of Chicago scholarly articles, Illinois State Bar Association records, Illinois State Senate records/schedules (said to be lost), Medical records, Obama/Dunham marriage license, Obama/Dunham divorce documents, Soetoro/Dunham marriage license, and adoption records.” (Source: obamareleaseyourrecords.blogspot.com)
Lastly, it is noted that we have constantly referred to Barack Hussein Obama as Barry SOETORO throughout this report. It is not for the sake of hyperbole, but out of the necessity for accuracy. We have found no evidence to document that Barry SOETORO ever legally changed his name to Barack Hussein Obama II. None.Other detractors appear to be less educated on the topic of the rule of law as it applies to the eligibility issue, including the collective intellect of members of the view. Other pundits and politicians on the conservative side, including Karl Rove, who called the matter a distraction, and Michele Bachman (R-MN), who said “we should take Obama at his word,” seem to have little regard for the application of constitutional law as it would apply to Obama.
In any case, it’s not just about the birth certificate. It’s about the rule of law, something that can nor should be reduced to a mere sound bite or treated with indifference by any U.S. lawmaker, military official, or even the media.
To us mere investigators, it seems that there is more outrage over an ineligible player in a sports game than a potentially ineligible person holding the highest office in the U.S., especially considering that he has the ability, and has used it, to dramatically change the course of our country.Hmmmm......The truth is out there,what will you do as a patriot to expose it?Read the full story here.
- The 'New World Order' managment: Google , Facebook and Twitter.From his denunciations of Wall Street greed to his critiques of the auto manufacturers, Obama and his team have done little to disguise their mistrust of big business -- except when it comes to one very large, very influential technology company.
In Google (GOOG, Fortune 500), the $22-billion-a-year online-advertising Goliath, Obama appears to have found a corporate kindred spirit. Google executives, led by CEO Eric Schmidt and co-founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page, are scary smart and supremely self-confident (much like the President himself), and despite their company's growing power, they depict themselves as advocates for consumers."What we shared is a belief in changing the world from the bottom up, not from the top down," Obama told Google employees during a 2007 visit to its headquarters in Mountain View, Calif. Indeed, two of Obama's economic tenets -- support for more U.S.-educated engineers and the expansion of Internet services to poor and rural areas -- grew out of a visit to Google headquarters in 2004, an encounter Obama recalls in his book "The Audacity of Hope."
Google managers and employees were some of the strongest supporters of candidate Obama, donating around $803,000 to his presidential campaign, according to the website OpenSecrets.org. Among corporate employees, only staffers at Goldman Sachs (GS, Fortune 500) and Microsoft (MSFT, Fortune 500) gave more.Yet neither Obama's anticorporate leanings nor Google's anti-"politics as usual" culture has stopped the two camps from collaborating closely. Schmidt sits on Obama's Council of Science and Technology Advisers. Google employees acted as advisers to the Obama transition team -- in one case Google executive Sonal Shah actually led a meeting, to the surprise of at least one attendee -- and a handful of ex-Googlers have joined the administration in various roles.
The most visible appointee is Google's former head of global public policy, Andrew McLaughlin, who was named deputy chief technology officer in June. McLaughlin's appointment raised eyebrows -- in his previous role McLaughlin championed Google's policy goals. Now he'll be in a position to shape policy that affects Google's rivals. White House spokesman Nick Shapiro says McLaughlin's appointment complies with the letter and spirit of the ethics standards Obama imposes on his administration.Google's ties to the White House might have gone largely unnoticed -- the roles, after all, are relatively low level, unlike the cabinet-level corporate folks in previous administrations -- if the stakes weren't so high: Founded just 11 years ago, Google has emerged as one of the most innovative and disruptive forces in global business, and it is looking to dominate across a range of technologies. There's also no way of knowing if Google treats left-leaning groups any differently, though Google executives' support for Obama can only invite scrutiny -- that and the tremendous control the company has over everything we read and watch online. If Google delivers a search result in the top position, we click on it. If it's buried, the site might as well not exist. "We won't (and shouldn't) try to stop the faceless scribes of drivel," Jonathan Rosenberg, a senior vice president at Google, wrote on one of the company's blogs earlier this year, "but we can move them to the back row of the arena."In January, Google promised that it would take action against content farms that were gaining top listings with “shallow” or “low-quality” content.Officially, Google isn’t saying the algorithm change is targeting content farms. The company specifically declined to confirm that, when I asked. However, Matt Cutts — who heads Google’s spam fighting team — told me, “I think people will get the idea of the types of sites we’re talking about.”“Scraper” sites are those widely defined as not having original content but instead pulling content in from other sources. Some do this through legitimate means, such as using RSS files with permission. Others may aggregate small amounts of content under fair use guidelines. Some simply “scrape” or copy content from other sites using automated means — hence the “scraper” nickname.In short, Google said it was going after sites that had low-levels of original content in January and delivered a week later.In my view, that helped prompt Google to finally push out a way for Google users to easily block sites they dislike from showing in Google’s results, via Chrome browser extension to report spam.Cutts, in my interview with him today, made a point to say that none of the data from that tool was used to make changes that are part of the Farmer Update. However, he went on to say that of the top 50 sites that were most reported as spam by users of the tool, 84% of them were impacted by the new ranking changes. He would not confirm or deny if Demand’s eHow site was part of that list.“These are sites that people want to go down, and they match our intuition,” Cutts said.In other words, Google crafted a ranking algorithm to tackle the “content farm problem” independently of the new tool, it says — and it feels like tool is confirming that it’s getting the changes right.Now you know why your site gets less visitors.Source.That's a lot of power for one company to hold, and people in Washington are starting to notice. With regulatory battles looming, the romance between Google and Obama, like most affairs, seems unlikely to last forever. Obama Administration Pays Google and Bing To Direct "ObamaCare" Searches To Their Personal Spin Sites, And Guess Who Paid? George Soros.Source.HHS is Paying Google with Taxpayer Money to Alter 'Obamacare' Search Results .Source .Is The Obama Administration Colluding With Google, Facebook and Twitter To Create The Unrest We Are Seeing Throughout The World? Which brings us back to the Obama Administration’s relationships with high-tech companies. Google, Twitter and Facebook hold tons of personal information about their users—and their users are worldwide! Through technology, they can direct world events. Could they now be placing theat power in the hands of the US Government?Google had to make some concessions to the Chinese government in order to provide their services in China. These concessions included censorship. Is it possible that the Chinese government foresaw the threat that companies such as Google and others could pose to their power or that the US Government could use this technology as a weapon against them? Just last week a meeting was held at the home of venture capitalist John Doerr. Participants included: Eric Schmidt (Chairman and CEO Google), Carol Bartz (Chief Executive Yahoo), Dick Costolo (Chief Executive Twitter) and Mark Zuckerberg (Chief Executive Facebook).What’s interesting is that very little is know about what was discussed during the 90-minute dinner. What’s even more interesting is that the final list of participants was put together at the last minute. According to Carl Guardino, CEO of the Silicon Valley Leadership Group. “It was very short notice, I can tell you that.”Egypt fell and a meeting was held.A google executive was directing the communication between twitter in Egypt. Now dictatorships throughout the world are facing unprecedented opposition. You do the math!Source.Surely this is only in America under the Obama regime?Lets see the U.K. : Cameron sees Google as an example to us all of how the nation can develop its creative and digital industries.So why is Cameron so fascinated by Google, its wealth, trendiness, innovation and glamour? Could it be down to his media and strategy adviser Steve Hilton, the man described as the Prime Minister’s ‘best political friend’? After all, Mr Hilton — who often wears T-shirts, pads around shoeless in No 10 and is described as a genius by admirers — has a direct line to the company.His wife Rachel Whetstone, the former political secretary to Michael Howard when he was Tory leader, is Head of Communications for the Google company. Whetstone was godmother to Cameron’s late son Ivan.And when she was promoted from being head of Google communications in Europe to the worldwide head in 2008, it required her to spend time at the company’s global HQ in Mountain View, in the San Francisco Bay area of California.Hilton put his Tory strategist role on ice and duly followed his wife west. But he returned to Downing Street in September 2009. And with the recent departure of Cameron’s communications chief, the former News of the World editor Andy Coulson, from No 10, Hilton’s power base and influence over the Prime Minister’s thinking has been enormously expanded.At the same time, the devotion of Cameron’s inner circle to Google has become even stronger. Indeed, the Prime Minister makes no secret of the fact that he believes Google offers the pathway to turning Britain — and East London in particular — into a new Silicon Valley.Google may have won over the hearts and minds of the Prime Minister and his aides, but all over the world it is increasingly recognised that the search engine is like a giant vacuum cleaner parasitically sucking up content from media companies, publishers, film makers and musicians without paying anything back into the creative process that produces such high cost entertainment.The Silicon Valley trip was instructive. "In Palo Alto, the IP lawyers almost outnumber the software engineers," Hargreaves recalls.Source.So how about China?China's state media has attacked Google for having what it said were "intricate ties" with the US government.Google provides US intelligence agencies with a record of its search engine results, the state-run news agency Xinhua said.It also accused Google of trying to change Chinese society by imposing American values on it. Google denied that it was influenced by the US government, a spokesperson for the company was quoted as saying by AP. "Google's high-level officials have intricate ties with the US government. It is also an open secret that some security experts in the Pentagon are from Google", reporters from Xinhua wrote in a commentary.Xinhua said China's internet regulations would remain unchanged whether Google left or not. "One company's ambition to change China's internet rules will only prove to be ridiculous", Xinhua said.Source. Meanwhile the FCC will no doubt change everything for the benefit of the Obama regime.Hmmmm..........So twitter and facebook are the communication and intell gathering&Spreading sites while Google is the 'masterbrain'?Where does this leave"We the People"?
- HT:BigGovernment.Google’s Investment in Politics Starts to Pay Dividends.Google’s growing influence with government is beginning to pay dividends for the company while leaving consumers and taxpayers on the short end of the stick.Since donating over $1 million to the president’s campaign and building its online presence and fundraising base, the company has reaped continued returns on their investment, so much so, that Google’s former CEO is rumored to be on the shortlist to be the nation’s new Secretary of Commerce.In order to pad its bottom line, Google made a conscious effort to grow its influence in Washington by hiring insiders and placing Google executives in the Administration. In a short period of time, Google has been rewarded with over 25 contracts with government agencies including the NASA, the Pentagon and the National Security Agency.Worse yet, Google’s influence is seen on a growing number of policy issues including efforts to regulate the Internet through “Net Neutrality” while ongoing evidence suggests Google may be systematically blocking competition with such tactics as walling off websites from competitors. None of this is a concern within the Administration who just gave Google a green light for more influence and power with its lightning fast approval of the company’s acquisition of travel software company ITA.Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) is calling for a closer examination of Google’s relationship with government – and he is right. Something smells fishy here. Republicans should not ignore the company’s efforts to use the US Treasury as a piggy bank.Hmmmmm...........Took them long enough to figure that out?Read the full story here.
- Netanyahu backs construction in Itamar.Political sources say prime minister intent on keeping promise to residents of West Bank settlement, which suffered gruesome murder, despite possible international backlash. Plans still require Barak's approval.Though Netanyahu's office refused to comment on the matter, sources told Ynet that he has ordered Cabinet Secretary Zvi Hauser and Minister Benny Begin to ask Barak to approve the plans as soon as possible. The prime minister's move carries great significance as it may incur the wrath of the US administration, which has shown disapproval of construction in settlements. However, Netanyahu has vowed before the residents of Itamar that building will ensue. Meanwhile, the prime minister's associates denied reports that the US plans to support a unilateral declaration of statehood in September. A political source said that "there is no split with the US, there is an attempt to form a peace plan and a constant exchange of ideas. Netanyahu has not heard of a change in the US position on a unilateral declaration of statehood." Pressure is expected to mount on the prime minister, however, as European states and the US urge him to declare that Israel is prepared for negotiations with the Palestinians based on a return to the 1967 borders. Netanyahu has previously disregarded reports that he will present a comprehensive peace plan in his upcoming speech before Congress, but on a recent visit to Berlin he said he would present a plan in a series of speeches. Read the full story here.
- Come again?Turkey considers hosting political office for Taliban.Turkey said on Monday it is willing to consider the idea of hosting a political office for Taliban militants from Afghanistan in order to promote talks to end the war there, and an Afghan official said the Turkish plan is already in progress. Turkey contributes troops to NATO’s Afghan operation, albeit in a noncombat role, and it has sought to mediate as a regional power in a variety of conflicts beyond its borders. However, hard-line elements of the Taliban, whose leaders are based in southwest Pakistan, have publicly derided Afghan government efforts to promote peace and say no talks are possible until foreign forces leave Afghan soil.A possible role for Turkey, the largest Muslim voice in NATO, in Afghan peace efforts would fit US-backed initiatives to seek a political solution to the nearly decade-old insurgency amid a realization that military force alone is unlikely to end it.A Turkish Foreign Ministry official said there was no official request to open a Taliban office in Turkey and that there were no immediate plans to host Afghan peace talks. The issue will be evaluated if a request is made, said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity in line with ministry regulations.However, Arsala Rahmani, a member of the peace council set up by the Afghan government to work toward a political solution, said Turkey is already making plans for the office but it will take time to work out. Former Afghan President Burhanuddin Rabbani, who heads the Afghan High Peace Council, discussed the issue during a visit to Turkey last month, Rahmani said.“Turkey didn’t say no,” Rahmani said. “It is a key issue for resolving the situation in Afghanistan. It’s important for the Taliban to have a political address -- a place -- to talk to the world face to face. We have said in the past that without an address, solving the problem will be difficult.”Whereas Western governments can tend to apply pressure in dealings with the Afghan and Pakistani governments, Turkey is able to operate at a different level diplomatically, being a fellow Muslim country with historically warm ties with both.Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari arrived in Turkey late on Monday, and Afghanistan is expected to be high on the agenda of talks. Any solution to the Afghan conflict would likely require the support of Pakistan, and in particular elements of its security forces that are believed to have links to insurgents in Afghanistan.Afghan President Hamid Karzai welcomed such a move and told reporters last December in İstanbul that if Turkey is kind enough to provide such a venue, “we, the government of Afghanistan, will be happy and pleased to see this facilitation take place.” By facilitation, Karzai referred to reconstruction and the reintegration of Taliban factions with the Afghan government.Hmmmm......Obama.....Erdogan...Karzai.....Ahmadinejad.Get turkey out of NATO!Read the full story here.
- HT:BigPeace.Revelations From The Coming Is Upon Us Shakes Up The Iranian Regime.Ever since I exposed the Iranian documentary “The Coming is Upon Us,” which promises the imminent coming of the last 12th Shiite Imam, Imam Mahdi, a heated argument is taking place within the Iranian establishment that is causing panic and concern over the coverage of the movie in the West. The film reveals the regime’s true ideology and plans for the world.The Iranian regime never intended for the documentary to be made public. Reports indicate that funds for its production came directly from the Revolutionary Guards as they intended to distribute it en masse throughout the Middle East to incite further uprisings, while calling for the unification of Arabs to overthrow the U.S.-backed governments and promising the destruction of Israel and the imminent coming of the last Islamic messiah, the 12th Imam.The revelations in this movie have even caused Grand Ayatollah Sistani in Iraq to show concern as he has long opposed the radicalism coming out of Iran. He openly made this statement : The analysis for the timing of The Coming of the last Imam is quite concerning. These analyses could weaken the very belief of Muslims. Such activities should not take place in Iran …This is very worrisome.All of this caused the makers of the documentary, who call themselves “The Conductors of The Coming” and, as I reported, worked in collaboration with the Iranian president’s office and with the Basij (Iranian paramilitary force), to come out and hold a press conference in which they defended the movie and stated some very interesting facts including that the movie was pre-screened to the supreme leader prior to availability.
At first, they harshly criticized those attacking the movie and responded to a question posed that the Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamanei and President Ahmadinejad had seen the movie. They stated:
We can tell you with utmost assurance that they have seen the movie as it touches on a very important subject and it relates directly to them. The enemy now has zoomed in on this issue. We did show it to the supreme leader and the president for their review ourselves and there was no objection.In response to another question the film makers defended the comparison of Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei to the mythical figure “Seyed Khorasani,” who per Hadith creates the circumstances for the reappearance of Shiites’ 12th Imam and passes the flag of Islam to the last Imam by noting several points: “One is that on many occasions when others have called him Seyed Khorasani, he has smiled and nodded without refusing the claim. Many have asked him to verify his position and he has chosen silence. Well if it was not true, if it was not in accordance with his own belief, then wouldn’t the Supreme Leader come out and say this is not true and stop this argument?”
The producers of the movie then continued by reaffirming the facts that the Revolutionary Guard Commander Jabari and former Chief Commander of the Guards Yahya Safavi, and even Grand Ayatollah Kazem Haeri and many more prominent figures have called the supreme leader “Seyed Khorasani” in front of him and His Excellency has nodded.It is important to note that in the video, Grand Ayatollah Khomeni, the founder of the Islamic Republic, is quoted as saying that he had three goals for Iran:
Overthrowing the Shah
Establishing an Islamic State
Creating the situation for the return of the last Imam
Then it goes on to say that the one after him will be the one to pass the flag of Islam to Imam Mahdi for the conquest of the world by Islam. There is also a quote that Khomeni personally told Ayatollah Khamenei that he will be the one to bring about the End of Times and the final glorification of Allah!While the Iranian leaders are scrambling to stop the damage caused by the publicity over this video, it is important to note that they truly believe it is their mission to destroy Israel and bring about the reappearance of last Shiites’ Imam for the final glorification of Islam.Hmmmm......Meanwhile the American President plays golf and vacations abroad like the end is near?Read the full story here.
- Egypt - Blogger Jailed for Insulting Egypt’s Military.As my colleagues Liam Stack and Ethan Bronner report, an Egyptian activist who criticized Egypt’s army on his blog was sentenced to three years in jail on Monday by a military court.The activist, Maikel Nabil, is a 25-year-old blogger who argued in a detailed post last month that Egypt’s army had tortured protesters and worked to undermine the anti-Mubarak revolution. To make his case, Mr. Nabil cited his own observations as a participant in the uprising, reports from the international press and human rights groups, and video showing scars on the bodies of protesters who said that they had been tortured by the military.
Three days before he was arrested, Mr. Nabil also published a post calling on Israelis to stop “supporting Egyptian militarists” like Field Marshal Mohamed Hussein Tantawi, the head of Egypt’s ruling army council. Mr. Nabil, a Coptic Christian who called himself “pro-Israel” in an interview with an Israeli newspaper last year, also argued that Egypt’s military would prefer an Islamist government to a truly democratic one.As the Egyptian newspaper Al-Masry Al-Youm reported, Mr. Nabil was arrested late last month and charged with “publishing false information” and “insulting the Armed Forces.” Maikel Nabil Sanad, an Egyptian activist and blogger.The newspaper added that Mr. Nabil’s sentence was handed down on Monday after his lawyers had left the courtroom, under the impression that the ruling would come at a later date.Hmmmm.....The people the Obama administration pledged 1,57 Billion dollar in 2012.Read the full story here.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Professor Hillel Weiss speaks to the Flemish parliament.Here's a transcript of a speech given by Professor Hillel Weiss to the Flemish parliament during a recent trip to Europe by Professor Weiss, Rabbi Sholom Dov Wolpe and David HaIvri. The speech discusses Jewish rights to the land of Israel and continued European support for a 'Palestinian state.
'The continuing support of the governments of Europe for the establishment of an Arab state in the Land of Israel makes it impossible for Europe to have any success in its struggle against Islam with all of the attending consequences. European intervention against the barbarity of Qaddafi has perhaps succeeded in saving the lives of tens of thousands of human beings, but it has also fanned the flame of the conflict between Islam and the West, as Russia’s president Putin remarked. As to the resolution of this struggle - no one can foresee its end.The almost-certain dread I have is that Europe’s way of providing compensation for offending Islam by intervening in Libya will be the usual victim, the lamb slaughtered as a sacrifice, the victim of all blood libels, namely, the Jewish people. This is what is known as the perpetual policy of appeasement.
Islam draws its strength from its dream of establishing a universal caliphate whose capital is Jerusalem. In doing this and in occupying Jerusalem, they strive to prove that the covenant between God and His people Israel – the Jewish people - has been cancelled. The Moslems are not the first people in history to express the idea that the God of Israel has abandoned His people. But in our Torah which is the basis of our faith it is written that “God will not cast off His people nor will He forsake His heritage.”
The unconcealed support and tremendous financial investment that the European Union is making in promoting an Arab state in the Land of Israel is an invitation to bring about a second Holocaust that will cause the people of Israel no less suffering than what they underwent during those terrible years in Europe.We are confident that the God of Israel will save us, as He has saved us throughout history. Even if the price that we pay is great and terrible, “Our God is the God of faith and there is no injustice in Him, all of His paths are justice.”
But if you are genuine opposition parties who wish to help yourselves, your future, and your countries, and eradicate the Islam that is threatening you, you must declare now and forever your unqualified support for the exclusive rights of the Jewish people over the land of Israel in its Biblical borders.This is the only country in the world whose borders were set forth forever in the Book that God gave His people at Mount Sinai, and in the language that God spoke with the forefathers of the nation .And you must loudly and vehemently oppose the idea of establishing an Arab state, or any other foreign state, in the Land of Israel other than the Jewish state.The artificial Arab states which sprang up after World War I are revealing by the ferment overwhelming them now that they have no natural political collective fabric, but what unites them is their religion and their tribal loyalty. For all of them, democracy, human rights, pluralism, and liberalism are alien values and directly opposed to their culture.Anyone who deludes himself into thinking that he is moving Islam and the Islamic countries towards democracy is making a grave error and fostering an illusion that will cause much blood to be spilled until the truth is acknowledged.Read the full speech here.
- War on Terror Update : Confidence That U.S. Is Winning War on Terror Down to Lowest Level Since 2006.Confidence in America’s conduct of the war on terror has fallen to its lowest level in four-and-a-half years.A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 32% of Likely U.S. Voters now believe the United States and its allies are winning the war on terror. That’s down eight points from a month ago and the most pessimistic assessment since October 2006.Twenty-four percent (24%) think the terrorists are winning. Thirty-nine percent (39%) say neither side is winning.Hmmmm.....No wonder he starts to be seen everywhere.Read the full story here.
- HT:IsraellyCool.Arab Theologians On Jews & Israel.There is a little red book that I, Brian of London, posted about a few weeks ago. Well the entire thing is now available to read, download and distribute on line. A physical re-printing is in the works but for now I’m going to present the complete thing and give you the new introduction that has been written by the book’s co-author and driving force.When the book was produced he chose to publish under a pseudonym but now David Littman publicly acknowledges that it was he that masterminded the printing of this little book. It has been re-formated for the web in accordance with his wishes, as a tribute to his life and work. I can’t even begin to say what this man has achieved but he started out rescuing hundreds of Jewish children from Morocco and carried on in more amazing ways. I’ll tell you a little secret: I attended the semi-secret ”Hero of Silence” Order award ceremony when he was officially decorated for the operation. Since then he has worked tirelessly as one of the very few sane voices at the UN in Geneva.David Littman is a true hero, a legend in wicket keeping and a gentleman the likes of which they don’t make any more.
I will include Anwar Sadat’s letter to Hitler, after the link to the complete book which follows the brand new introduction that David has just released for this re-publication. It is is his wish that this book and interesting extracts from it, be published far and wide in the digital age. I’m kicking this off here but the call is going out to other bloggers, take it, read it and repost anything you find interesting.Read the full story here.Book can be downloaded here.
- HT:RightsideNews."The War on christianity".Christians Tossed Out of Muslim Anti-War, Islamophobia Demonstration in NYC.About 1,000 Muslims and Leftist anti-war activists met at Union Square in New York City on Sunday for a “Stop War/Terrorism/Islamophobia” rally. The rally was organized by a coalition of leftist anti-war activists and Muslim groups, including the Islamic Circle of North America and the Muslim Peace Coalition USA.Most of the protesters for this well-organized event had arrived in a long line of yellow school busses. Most protest signs were professionally made and bore the stamp of the group being represented.Iranian Press TV was on scene and filed this report. The headscarf-garbed female reporter summarized the event: “Inspired by the uprisings in the Middle East, North Africa and the United States, notably in Wisconsin and Ohio, thousands gather to call for what simply may be described as the restoration of peace and democracy.” CBS News weighed in with a similarly sympathetic report.According to a counterprotester on the scene, “Besides the sea of them, there were two Christians peacefully preaching about how Jesus died for our sins, and the police told them to leave because they were “disturbing people.”Hmmmm......"Jesus would have chased them out of the temple, now the roles are reversed".Read and see the full story here.
- Quartet meeting on Mideast delayed following pressure from US.US blocks Britain, France, Germany initiative to restart stalled Israeli-Palestinian talks. 'It wasn't right time,' says US official. The United States blocked an initiative by Britain, France and Germany to restart stalled Israeli-Palestinian talks by proposing the outlines of a final settlement to their long conflict, UN diplomats and a US official said Monday. The three European countries wanted UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the European Union to propose a settlement text at a meeting of the Quartet of Mideast mediators the US, UN, EU and Russia tentatively scheduled to take place Friday in Berlin on the sidelines of a NATO ministerial meeting, the diplomats said. But a US official said the Obama administration didn't think a Quartet meeting would produce anything useful in terms of getting the talks restarted. "It wasn't the right time," the official said. A European diplomat expressed regret that the meeting was postponed, saying it was time for a strong signal from the Quartet to try to get talks moving since US efforts have failed.The Israelis and Palestinians have agreed to President Barack Obama's target date of September 2011 for an agreement, but negotiations collapsed weeks after they restarted last September following the expiry of an Israeli settlement construction slowdown. The Palestinians insist they will not resume peace talks until Israel halts settlement building in the West Bank and east Jerusalem, lands Israel captured in the 1967 Middle East war, which the Palestinians want for their future state. Israel maintains that the Palestinians should not be setting conditions for talks and note that in the past, they have negotiated while settlement construction continued. The US veto on Feb. 18 of a Security Council resolution that would have condemned "illegal" Israeli settlements and demanded an immediate halt to all settlement building spurred Britain, France and Germany, who supported the measure, to issue a joint statement expressing serious concern about the stalemate in the Middle East peace process.Read the full story here.
- HT:WhitehouseDossier.Is Michelle Obama Addicted to Pizza?While leading her “Let’s Move!” campaign to promote healthier eating among our nation’s burgeoning youth, it turns out that Mrs. Obama herself has been sneaking out for . . . pizza!That’s right, according to the blog Obama Foodorama, Mrs. Obama has visited Capitol Hill’s We The Pizza restaurant four times since becoming first lady, and twice in the last two months. And that’s just the pizza she’s be documented consuming as this one particular place.According to the website, Michelle’s most recent visit to the establishment was on Saturday night. Her husband stayed home.Mrs. Obama was also accompanied by a big party of about 15-20 pals and staff, and the group dined upstairs, at a single large table. Multiple pizzas were spotted on the table, and there was much laughter . . .Of course there was much laughter. There were MULTIPLE PIZZAS on the table.Now, let’s see what’s on the new school lunch menu Mrs. Obama helped craft for the nation’s school kids. Yes, among the raw carrots, broccoli, green pepper strips and cauliflower the children will be forced to eat is pizza on Fridays – but it’s one slice of whole wheat cheese pizza. Who wants to eat that?I took a look at We The Pizza’s menu and there’s no whole wheat pizza! There is, however, a pepperoni pie, a sausage pie, and a salami pie. Gosh, I hope Mrs. Obama didn’t have any of those.But I think she might have, because, see, there’s a pattern here.Hmmmmm......"Let them eat cake".Read the full story here.
- HT:BigGovernment.DISTURBING: Radicals Take to the Streets at Chicago’s ‘We Are One’ Labor Union Protest.We received an email invitation to the “We Are One” labor union solidarity protest from Alex Armour, Political Director, for Illinois 9th District Congress Woman, Democrat Jan Schakowsky and decided to attend. Alex was on hand and “one” with the protesters, as you can see from our footage.We have noticed an alarming message, prevalent at every single left wing protest we have attended this year in Chicago and the Midwest. While each protest has an official message of a seemingly less alarming cause, such as; Anti-War, Anti-Deportation or “We Are One” with “Union Solidarity”, there is also an extremely disturbing trend of blatant and obvious promotion of a revolutionary transformation of America into a new socialist or communist type of economic system.What was even more disturbing to us, was the amount of young children brought to the protest with their parents, holding signs which prominently advocate for a new alternative economic system in America, and being taught what we believe is a very “un-American” message, by the reoccurring theme these Chicago protests contain. Communist protesters at this rally even claim they are “very patriotic” for their advocacy to end capitalism in America.Hmmm...."New World Order"anyone?Read the full story here.
- HT:Aina.Turkish Writer Apologizes to Armenians and Assyrians for Genocide.In his speech delivered at the conference in Brussels Turkish writer Kemal Yalcin addressed the participants in Armenian, Assyrian and Turkish. He said there would be 15 million non-Muslims in Turkey unless genocide happened, Turkish Atilim website reports."History will never forgive the crimes against humanity. Let our grief become basis for peace and justice. As a Turkish writer I apologize to Armenians and Assyrians. I wish that Silk bridge on the border between Armenia and Turkey [the historical bridge in Ani] was renovated and became a symbol of brotherhood between the Armenian and Turkish nations," he said.Turkish writer Kemal Yalcin, who resides in Germany, has written a story describing Armenian Genocide survivors who had to call themselves Kurds.Read the full story here.
- 'The War on Christianity".Arsonist sets Jesus statue on fire.ST. PAUL, Minn. -- Tuan Pham says he was just looking for a peaceful place to put his Catholic-based prayer garden. He had a 7-foot Jesus statue custom made in his native Vietnam. He put it in his backyard, overlooking the Mississippi River and the St. Paul skyline. Pham says he woke up Sunday morning to a wall of flames around his statue. "Right now I'm thinking and praying very hard," Pham said a few hours later. Family members say someone took wood from Pham's pile and placed it at the base of the statue before lighting it on fire. "You can see evidence on the ground, there's an aerosol can," Pham's son-in-law Dao Phan said. The statue took months to ship. It is a replica of a massive one Pham helped build more than 40 years ago in his hometown of Vung Tau, Vietnam. Pham says he was jailed for his catholic beliefs before he fled the country for Minnesota. The statue was put in place last October and a month later, Phan says, the city received a complaint about it. The family requested a variance after officials found it was not the required 40 feet from the bluff line, but that request was denied by the city council last week. The family wonders if the fire was motivated by race or religion. They also wonder why someone would try to burn marble; guessing it was merely meant to send a message. "Why does somebody need to go this far?" Phan questioned. A St. Paul police spokesperson says department officers were not dispatched to the fire. St. Paul Fire Marshall Steve Zaccard said he was waiting on his investigators report. Hmmmm......Read the full story here.
- “Gagarin wanted every pilot in his team to fly to space”.Soviet cosmonaut Viktor Gorbatko was involved in the space program from its early days and took part in three missions. In an interview with RT he recalled how he entered the cosmonaut regiment, met Gagarin and how going to orbit changed his life.
RT: Good day, Mr. Gorbatko, thank you for sitting down with us.
Viktor Gorbatko: Hello.
RT: You were part of the group of officers who were preparing for the first manned space flight. How many of you were in the group? Can you tell us about how the first astronaut was picked?Read the full story here.
- HT:TheJawaReport.UK: Desecrate A Quran, Go To Jail; Desecrate A Bible, Get Subsidized & Have It Displayed As 'Art'Today Robert Spencer directed our attention to this excellent post from The Archbishop Cranmer who mentions that a desecrated Bible was on display as 'artwork' at a gallery in Glasgow where visitors are encouraged to add their own insults to the Holy Book.The same government that is subsidizing the Bible desecration has also just arrested a Welsh Assembly candidate for burning his own copy of a Quran. No hypocrisy there. None at all.Read the full story here.
- Actor insults PM Erdoğan’s daughter during theater play.Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s daughter Sümeyye Erdoğan and his daughter-in-law were the subject of obscene gestures and verbal insults during an Ankara State Theater play staged in the capital on Friday night. Sümeyye Erdoğan and her sister-in-law left the theater following the treatment they received from an actor during the play. Apparently exaggerating a famous scene during the play “Genç Osman,” actor Tolga Tuncer reportedly made lewd gestures and comments directed at the pair, who were seated in the front row.A written statement by the General Directorate of State Theaters, who launched an investigation into the incident, revealed that measures will be taken against performers who engage in behavior that distresses and disturbs audience members. “As the State Theater, we share our regret with all our viewers and the public for the disturbance that ensued from an individual’s misconduct during the performance of an artistic production,” the statement read. While on stage, when Tuncer reportedly cut the music and made offensive bodily and hand movements, Sümeyye Erdoğan and her brother’s wife left the audience. They were soon followed by nearly 150 police cadets who also protested the vulgarity presented on stage.Read the full story here.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.IHH Head Bulent Yildirim: 'Don't let [Israelis] Come to Turkey for Vacation. Anyhow, Jews are Stingy; They don’t Spend a Penny”.In addition to announcing the preparations for the second Gaza flotilla of over 15 vessels that will set sail from Europe in June, Yildirim said that the town of Alanya was center for tourism that the Israelis come for vacation with cruise ships. He said, “They (the Jews) don’t leave a penny to the shopkeepers here. They don’t spend money but they come here. On behalf of our shahids I ask this of you. Unless they apologize, pay compensation, and lift the embargo (on Gaza) and unless their prime minister and their ministers that committed this massacre are put in jail, do not allow them to vacation here. Anyhow, if you think we should keep quiet for the money, these people are stingy. They don’t spend a penny”.Hmmmm.....Please keep Turkey out of the European Union.Read the full story here.
- Video - 75-Year-Old Woman Shuts Down Internet by Accident between Georgia and Armenia.Former Soviet Republic of Georgia charges woman with high tech computer crime.Read and see the full story here.