Thursday, April 14, 2011
- Live broadcast info from Japan directly ! Here.
- Libya Live Blog - April 14. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world increased seismic activity in Japan today between 4.5 and 5.4! More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 86.Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog
- HT:BigGovernment.Obama ‘Framework’: An Ideological Line In The Sand.Loaded with misleading statements, demagoguery, political rhetoric and outright lies, Mr. Obama’s speech announcing his debt reduction plan was no more than the formal start to his re-election campaign with the establishment of a clear ideological line in the sand. The American people now will begin a long debate on which side of that line they will stand.On one side is the America that those who came before us worked hard for; sacrificed for; and many died for. This is the America where individualism and self-reliance is real, not just the throw-away line that Mr. Obama opened his speech with. This is the America where all are guaranteed equal opportunity, not equal outcome; the America where the efforts of citizens determine the winners and losers; the America where the current generation pays for itself and passes on the freedom to increase prosperity to the next generation.On the other side stands a perverse vision of our country where the government makes choices for the citizens; determines who the winners are; and pays for all of the current generation’s desires with liens on the labor of future generations.In his own words, Mr. Obama declared, “This is not about debt reduction; this is about what kind of country we want to be.” However if we don’t begin to focus on the run-a-way spending of the federal government, our national debt will exceed our Gross Domestic Product (GDP) before the end of this year and will double over the next ten years. Our economy will collapse under the weight of that debt and the only kind of country we will be, is a failed one.Just before the terrible tragedy of September 11, 2001, our nation was prospering with total federal spending of $1.8 trillion per year. Since Mr. Obama took office, we have been spending $3.8 trillion per year. What have we bought for that? Unemployment is twice what it was back in 2001, more people have dropped out of the work force, fuel prices are twice what they were before Mr. Obama took office and more American’s believe that we are declining as a nation then believe we are advancing. Spending the wealth of future generations is simply not working.“We can no longer afford to give a trillion dollar tax break to millionaires and billionaires” Mr. Obama stated and went on to call for increasing taxes on those making more than $250,000 per year. Aside from his numbers making no sense and unable to be tracked to any real facts, we already know that we could double the federal taxes on all Americans and we would still have an annual deficit in excess of $400 billion. We clearly have a spending problem.The important issue here is not the specifics of Mr. Obama’s plan, nor is it about how he presented the plan. What is important is the clear choice that the American people will have to make over the next eighteen months leading up to the 2012 Presidential Election and then with their vote in that election. It is the choice of which vision of America we will embrace.Mr. Obama clearly believes that the United States of America would be better off as a socialist democracy, where the government reigns supreme over the people and decisions for every major aspect of a citizen’s life are made by an elite ruling class. In this America, citizens exchange their freedom and the freedom of future generations for a government guaranteed safety net. The trouble is that even if we made the false assumption that this safety net would be effective and fair, the truth is that it would only exist until the economy collapses due to lack of incentive, the death of innovative spirit and a collectivist economic model that has never worked for any length of time in history.Hopefully, the majority of Americans still believe in the America that has become the greatest nation in the history of man in just 234 years; a country where the citizens reign supreme over the government: and where the only ruling class is – the people. This is the America where individual drive, innovative thinking and a capitalistic economic model can do anything.So the line has been drawn. Lift yourself above the falsehoods, misleading statements and political rhetoric. Think of what you want for your children, for their children and for future generations of Americans. If all citizens look past themselves, the right choice will be made. The world will continue to be blessed by an America with the freedom and prosperity that all other nations aspire to.Hmmmm......Comrade Obama "We the people" had enough of your 'dictatorship'!You don't protect The Constitution you're abolishing it!Read the full story here.
- HT:BigGovernment.Obama Moves Left in Budget Debate.We thought tax reform meant lowering rates and broadening the base by eliminating or cutting back on various deductions, credits, and loopholes. That’s what the Bowles-Simpson commission proposed. That’s what Paul Ryan and David Camp are working on. And that’s the pro-growth model.But President Obama unveiled a much different tax-reform vision in his much-anticipated debt speech on Wednesday. He would raise tax rates on upper-income earners and small businesses. He also would eliminate deductions and credits, or so called “tax expenditures.” The president referred to these tax-expenditure reductions as “spending cuts.” In his context, they most certainly are not. They are more tax hikes.Basically, the president is giving successful earners and small-business filers a double tax hike. That’s what it really is.Of course, the president’s formula of estimating higher revenues to lower the deficit is completely wrong. The reality is that higher tax rates will slow the economy, inhibit new start-up companies, penalize investors, and may very well lose revenues and increase the deficit.In the latter part of his speech the president did mention some kind of middle-class and corporate tax reform. But he gave no specifics.He also touted $750 billion in discretionary spending cuts, but again without any details. Most of that amount probably comes from the recent continuing resolution to avoid a budget shutdown. Since Obama is extrapolating out twelve years, who knows how this is scored.On the entitlement front, Obama rejected Paul Ryan’s consumer-choice and competition approach to Medicare reform. Instead, he invoked the Obamacare central-planning agency called the Independent Payment Advisory Board, which is supposed to make reductions in Medicare. Medicare itself would exercise more price controls on prescription drugs, rolling back the consumer choice and competition established under George W. Bush.In effect, the president has moved to the left. He has embraced the Democrats’ so called progressive caucus in the House by slashing defense and jacking up taxes, all while offering no serious entitlement reform. (Hat tip to Jimmy Pethokoukis for nailing this earlier in the week.)My final point is this: President Obama’s harsh-rhetoric rejection of the Ryan budget and his new (presidential) campaign to raise taxes on the rich sets up a huge confrontation with House Republicans on the eve of the hugely important debt-limit expiration.Sometime in mid to late May, the debt ceiling to allow the government to borrow more money is going to run out. The Treasury can move money inside government accounts to forestall a debt breakdown for another couple of months. But the potential for a major political conflict on the eve of this process sets up the worst possible outcome: Failure of the U.S. to pay the interest on its own debt.This is unnerving to financial markets. Instead of compromise, the president decided to seek confrontation.Caveat emptor. Investors beware.Hmmmmm......Having destroyed America's finances he's going for broke.Read the full
- HT:LogisticsMonster.Wayne Madsen Has Gotten A Little Too Close To The Truth About Obama.Wayne Madsen went to Chicago recently to do research and investigate Barack Obama, his family and his past. According to Alex Jones, Wayne Madsen has received news through the intelligence community that “the White House is gonna kill him deader than a hammer if he doesn’t shut up.” (3:30) Wayne is currently preparing to leave the country.Hmmmm......Read the full story here.
- The Presidential Divider. Obama's toxic speech and even worse plan for deficits and debt.Did someone move the 2012 election to June 1? We ask because President Obama's extraordinary response to Paul Ryan's budget yesterday—with its blistering partisanship and multiple distortions—was the kind Presidents usually outsource to some junior lieutenant. Mr. Obama's fundamentally political document would have been unusual even for a Vice President in the fervor of a campaign.The immediate political goal was to inoculate the White House from criticism that it is not serious about the fiscal crisis, after ignoring its own deficit commission last year and tossing off a $3.73 trillion budget in February that increased spending amid a record deficit of $1.65 trillion. Mr. Obama was chased to George Washington University yesterday because Mr. Ryan and the Republicans outflanked him on fiscal discipline and are now setting the national political agenda.Mr. Obama did not deign to propose an alternative to rival Mr. Ryan's plan, even as he categorically rejected all its reform ideas, repeatedly vilifying them as essentially un-American. "Their vision is less about reducing the deficit than it is about changing the basic social compact in America," he said, supposedly pitting "children with autism or Down's syndrome" against "every millionaire and billionaire in our society." The President was not attempting to join the debate Mr. Ryan has started, but to close it off just as it begins and banish House GOP ideas to political Siberia.Mr. Obama then packaged his poison in the rhetoric of bipartisanship—which "starts," he said, "by being honest about what's causing our deficit." The speech he chose to deliver was dishonest even by modern political standards.The great political challenge of the moment is how to update the 20th-century entitlement state so that it is affordable. With incremental change, Mr. Ryan is trying maintain a social safety net and the economic growth necessary to finance it. Mr. Obama presented what some might call the false choice of merely preserving the government we have with no realistic plan for doing so, aside from proposing $4 trillion in phantom deficit reduction over a gimmicky 12-year budget window that makes that reduction seem larger than it would be over the normal 10-year window.Lastly, Mr. Obama came out for a debt "failsafe," which will require the White House and Congress to hash out a deal if by 2014 projected debt is not declining as a share of the economy. But under his plan any deal must exclude Social Security, Medicare or low-income programs. So that means more tax increases or else "making government smarter, leaner and more effective." Which, now that he mentioned it, sounds a lot like cutting "waste and abuse."Mr. Obama ludicrously claimed that Mr. Ryan favors "a fundamentally different America than the one we've known throughout most of our history." Nothing is likelier to bring that future about than the President's political indifference in the midst of a fiscal crisis.Hmmmm....A mental health checkup is advised?Read the full story here.
- ObamaNomics: Only 45% of American Have Jobs, Lowest Rate Since 1983.The share of the population that is working fell to its lowest level last year since women started entering the workforce in large numbers three decades ago, a USA TODAY analysis finds.Only 45.4% of Americans had jobs in 2010, the lowest rate since 1983 and down from a peak of 49.3% in 2000. Last year, just 66.8% of men had jobs, the lowest on record.The bad economy, an aging population and a plateau in women working are contributing to changes that pose serious challenges for financing the nation’s social programs.Hmmmm......"Change".Read the full story here.
- BP feels fishermen's fury over oil spill.BP faced protests from angry fishermen and disgruntled shareholders on Thursday at its first annual general meeting since the devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.The meeting took place almost one year after the explosion on the Deepwater Horizon rig, which killed 11 workers and caused nearly five million barrels of oil to gush into the ocean.Diane Wilson, a fisherwoman from the Texas Gulf Coast smeared her face with oil as she protested outside the AGM venue in London."My community is dead. We've worked five generations there and now we've got a dead community. I'm angry, I've been angry a long time," she said.She was refused entry to the meeting by security guards, even though she is a BP shareholder.Around 100 protesters turned up to display their anger at BP's actions. They ranged from the Gulf of Mexico fishermen to representatives of indigenous communities angry at BP's involvement in tar sands extraction in northern Canada.Byron Encalade, president of the Louisiana Oystermen Association, said he had crossed the Atlantic to come to London to show his anger at compensation payments delays."We were the first to feel the impact of the oil spill. I'm here because the claims process has failed the fishing communities along the coast," he said. "We'd just like to know where all this money went. We should have got it."He said he wanted to see a commitment from BP that the tens of thousands of delayed and unpaid claims would be investigated.BP's fortunes were ravaged by the spill, widely acknowledged to be the worst environmental catastrophe in United States history. Billions of dollars were knocked off the company's value as oil spewed for 87 days before the well was capped.The oil giant's fortunes are instrumental to the fortunes of millions of British investors because most British pension funds invest in the company.Several key shareholders, including the U.S. pension fund Calpers, have said they will vote against the annual report to be submitted at the AGM, partly in protest at the high levels of pay for BP executives despite the disaster.Bob Dudley, the American who took over as chief executive from the beleaguered Tony Hayward in October, also faces calls to defend a planned deal to explore for oil in the Arctic with Russian giants Rosneft.The Rosneft issue has been put off until May after BP on Thursday said it and the Russian company had agreed to extend a deadline to complete a $16 billion share swap that is a key to the deal that has also sparked environmental concerns.Hmmmm.......BP - 'Beyond Prosecution'?Read the full story here.
- 'Hezbollah intends to attack Western targets ahead of Hariri killing indictments'.Beirut Observer news websites cites Western intelligence report claiming unusual Hezbollah, Iranian Revolutionary Guards maneuvers are geared toward an upcoming strike.Hezbollah is planning an attack on Western targets, a Lebanese news website reported on Tuesday, basing its claims on information intercepted by a Western intelligence agency. According to the Beirut Observer article published Tuesday, Western intelligence officials believe Hezbollah intends to strike Western targets, citing the unusual movement of suspected Hezbollah and Iranian Revolutionary Guards operatives. Lebanese officials and Western diplomats expect the court to accuse Hezbollah members of involvement in the assassination, a prospect Lebanese politicians fear could fuel further tensions. The Lebanon tribunal, the world's first international court with jurisdiction over the crime of terrorism, was set up to try those accused over the 2005 bombing that killed Lebanese ex-prime minister Hariri and 22 others. The prosecutor's original indictment filed in January, the contents of which are still secret, set off a political crisis in Lebanon, where Hezbollah and its allies toppled the government of Hariri's son, Saad Hariri. Hezbollah, has said it believes some of its members may be named, and has warned the case could spark renewed bloodshed in Lebanon. Wednesday's Beirut Observer report came after earlier this week Israel's counter terrorism bureau warned that terrorists intended to carry out attacks against Israelis and Jewish targets abroad, specifying the Far East, Greece and Turkey as areas where an attack could occur. The warning comes just a few days before the Jewish holiday of Passover, a time during which many Israelis go on vacation. "Due to what is happening in the Gaza Strip, terrorists intend to carry out attacks against Israelis and against Jewish targets abroad during the Passover holiday," the bureau's notice said. Along with Greece and Turkey, India and Thailand are also thought to be countries where an attack could take place.Israeli traveling abroad must stay especially alert at tourist spots and entertainment venues and hotels, the bureau advised. They also advised against going to places where large groups of Israelis are known to be.Last week, the counter terrorism bureau warned against traveling to Sinai and called on Israelis who were in Sinai to return to Israel immediately.Hmmmmm.........."Israel may benefit from the Arab Change"yeah whatever.Read the full story here.
- Chutzpah: Palestinian Authority Asks Its Western Sugar Daddies For $5 Billion to Launch New State.(INN) - The Palestinian Authority is asking Western officials for $5 billion dollars to launch a state with, Reuters reports.This, despite US rejection of unilateral moves and abject refusal by PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas to return to the negotiating table.PA Prime Minister Salam Fayyad is asking the West to underwrite a three-year development plan to the tune of $1.467 billion this year, $1.754 billion in 2012 and $1.596 billion for 2013.“We have distributed the plan to the donors and they have welcomed it,” PA Planning Minister Ali al-Jarbawi said.The plan, which includes significant funds for Hamas-run Gaza, will be presented formally to donor countries at a pledging conference in June, he said.Hmmmm.....Obama rewriting his budget to fit the extra cost at taxpayer expense?Read the full story here.
- Israel urges Turkey to avert new aid convoy to Gaza.The ambassador emphasized that Israel has no problem with transporting humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip through legal means, praising the work that Türk Kızılay, the Turkish Red Crescent, is doing there.“The passages to Gaza are open. There is a greater flexibility on the Israeli side. The quota for 220 trucks cannot even be filled as there is no need for more aid. Under these conditions, such an aid campaign could only be seen as provocation,” Levy said.Hmmmmmm......The Turks provoking this no.... way?Read the full story here.
- Muslim Woman in Georgia Behind Package Containing Monkey Wearing Star of David and Hate-Filled Letter Sent to NY State Senator.There are new details now on the suspicious and bizarre package that showed up at the office of an Albany lawmaker Tuesday.State police say the liquid that arrived with a stuffed monkey at State Sen. Greg Ball’s office appears to be perfume.Captain John Kowalewski said that it doesn’t seem as though anything in the package was dangerous. However, state police, postal inspectors, and the FBI are investigating.The Georgia woman who claims she sent the package told FOX23 News exclusively that she didn’t mean any harm.A bizarre package arrived at the Albany office of State Sen. Greg Ball on Tuesday.Staffers say they received a package containing a vial of liquid, a hate-filled letter, and a toy monkey wearing the Star of David.“This is pretty outlandish and horrific,” Ball told FOX23 News. “The hate speech in it is serious. We’re taking it seriously but we’ve got to continue to do our work.”Both the email and the package appear to come from a woman named Jameela Barnette in Mariette, Georgia. She lists her phone number in the email.FOX23 News contacted Barnette by phone on Tuesday night. She says she is a grandmother who read about Ball on the Internet.She told FOX23 News that she is a Muslim and is upset with the hearings that Ball is conducting in his role as chairman of the State Senate’s Homeland Security Committee.FOX23 News asked her why she sent Ball the email and package and she responded “to let him know how I felt about his racist hearings.”Barnette responds, “He’s vulnerable! He keeps messing with Muslims. Muslims have not been harassing anyone.”Hmmmm......Is this the Jameela who left all the hatespeech comments on TundraTabloids.com ,site who then contacted the FBI?Read the full story here.
- How Did $38 Billion in Spending Cuts Turn into Only $352 Million?As the parties argue over who who won the months-long budget battle that resulted in a deal to cut $38 billion in federal spending, the Congressional Budget Office offered this total buzzkill: the budget cuts were really only worth $352 million. That's less than 1 percent of the touted total; many GOP lawmakers are furious and House Speaker John Boehner may have to count on Democratic votes to get the bill passed. Why did the CBO get such a wildly different number?First of all, the deal actually increased Pentagon spending by about $8 billion, as the Associated Press's Andrew Taylor explained in an article that was quickly passed around by outraged conservatives Wednesday afternoon. When war spending is considered, the budget actually increases spending by $3.3 billion compared to current levels. As for non-defense spending, much of what was cut comes from grants to state and local governments that haven't gone into effect yet. (Example: The CBO provided another analysis to lawmakers smacking down claims that cutting health care-related bonuses to states would save $5.7 billion. The real amount of savings? About $0.) Other cuts withdrew appropriations outlays from earmarks that were never spent--and might never have been.One cut that will seriously cut the deficit? Elimination of year-round Pell Grants. That'll save $40 billion over the next 10 years, but just under $1 billion this year.Politico's David Rogers notes that if you ignore the defense spending, the deal still cuts $42 billion from current levels. Still, the CBO report is a problem for House Speaker John Boehner, Rogers writes. "Given the GOP’s famous '$100 billion cut' rhetoric of the 2010 campaign, the influence of tea party conservatives and projections now of a $1.4 trillion-plus deficit..." The Republican might have to stoop to "borrow[ing] a phrase from Obama and try to sell the deal as an 'investment in the future.'"But The Weekly Standard's John McCormack urges conservatives to calm down. "Is the CR a sham? Nope, not really." The bottom line is that spending has been cut since Boehner took over. "This is all a little confusing, but the bottom line is that the conservative angst over the CR seems to be much ado about little."Hmmmm.....As i said many times you're much better off with a honest farmer with common sense then a hundred politicians!Read the full story here.
- Live broadcast info from Japan directly ! Here.
- Libya Live Blog - April 14. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world increased seismic activity in Japan today between 4.5 and 5.4! More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 86.On 14.04.2011 at 09:19 GMT+2
Operator of the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant faced a uphill battle in removing harmful radioactive water at the facility Thursday, since the level of contaminated water in its underground trench turned out to be rising again. Tokyo Electric Power Co. removed some 660 tons of highly contaminated water in the past two days from one of the trenches to a "condenser" inside the No.2 reactor turbine building. The condenser has a capacity to store 3,000 tons of liquid. But the country's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said that the water level at the vertical part of the trench as of 07: 00 a.m. local time Thursday had increased by about 3.5 centimeters from the level observed at 6 p.m. local time Wednesday, according to Kyodo News report. The agency's official said that the rise is likely linked to the continued water injection into the No. 2 reactor core. Thursday's reading is about 2.5 centimeters lower than the figure before the removing started. Radioactive water was found in the basements of the No.1 to No.3 reactor turbine buildings, and the nearby trenches connected to them. The water totaled about 60,000 tons. Removing the water to nearby tanks and other storage places is considered vital to the attempt of restoring the key cooling functions at the reactors.
Situation Update No. 85 - On 13.04.2011 at 17:51 GMT+2
For the first time since the March 11 earthquake and tsunami that devastated the country, Japanese authorities have reported that they have discovered minute amounts of radioactive strontium in areas of the country. The tiny amounts of radioactive strontium were detected in both soil and plants in Fukushima Prefecture, and beyond the 30-kilometer zone that Japan has established around the struggling Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant, which has a total of six reactors. The plant is owned by the Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO). The 30-kilometer zone consists of an evacuation zone of 20-kilometers, along with a further 10-kilometer zone where residents are told to remain indoors. Earlier, this Monday, the government announced an expansion of the evacuation zone for some municipalities. Those would be evacuated if tests show high levels of accumulated radiation. The evacuation zone might extend as far as the 30-km radius.
Radioactive strontium-90 has a half-life of 28.90 years. The amounts discovered are minute, for now, but the human body absorbs strontium as though it were calcium, because of their chemical similarities. Thus, strontium-90 can lead to various bone disorders and diseases, including leukemia. Earlier, radioactive cesium and iodine had been discovered. For some, the government encouraged potassium iodide pills. However, experts, including the CDC, noted that those pills only protect against radioactive iodine and in addition, only protects the thyroid gland against radiation. Any other part of the human body exposed to radioactive iodine, such as the lungs, is not protected. Additionally, other experts warned against taking potassium iodide unnecessarily. The CDC noted that potassium iodide can be harmful to people who are allergic to the substance or who have the skin disorders dermatitis herpetiformis or urticaria vasculitis. In addition, those with thyroid conditions could worsen them.
Despite the negative news, on Tuesday Sendai airport launched its first flights since March 11 after a major repair operation. The airport had been seriously damaged by the tsunami, with hundreds of cars and even houses washed across the runway. Additionally, after the tsunami, fires also broke out in some of the aircraft hangars.Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog
- Serfhood - Obama’s Tax Increase Trigger: Punishing Taxpayers with Automatic Tax Hikes When Politicians Overspend.Responding to widespread criticism of his AWOL status on the budget fight, President Obama today unveiled a fiscal plan. It already is being criticized for its class warfare approach to tax policy, but the most disturbing feature may be a provision that punishes the American people with higher taxes if politicians overspend.Called a “debt failsafe trigger,” Obama’s scheme would automatically raise taxes if politicians spend too much. According to the talking points distributed by the White House, the automatic tax increase would take effect “if, by 2014, the projected ratio of debt-to-GDP is not stabilized and declining toward the end of the decade.”Let’s ponder what this means. If politicians in Washington spend too much and cause more red ink, which happens on a routine basis, Obama wants a provision that automatically would raise taxes on the American people.In other words, they play and we pay. The last thing we need is a perverse incentive for even more reckless spending from Washington.Hmmmm.....Your 'majesty' we the people had enough.Read the full story here.
- IMF: World Banks Face $3.6 Trillion “Wall” of Maturing Debt.The world’s banks face a $3.6 trillion “wall of maturing debt” in the next two years and must compete with debt-laden governments to secure financing, the IMF (has) warned.Japan and the United States face the largest public debt rollovers of any advanced economy at 56 percent and 29 percent of gross domestic product, respectively. . . .So between the World’s banks, USA and Japan, we’re looking at a staggering figure of $10.533 Trillion or $10,533,000,000,000 to refinance.Too get an idea just how big a number that really is, instead of cash owed think of the number in seconds. 10.533 Trillion Seconds = 333,999.24 years or 3,339.99 Centuries.It will probably take them that long to pay it off. Like I said, it is a staggering amount of cash owed.Hmmmm......Don't worry 'Dear leader'will give then a few speeches as collateral.Read the full story here.
- HT:BigGovernment.Obama Administration Ignores Federal Law to Regulate Internet.We have repeatedly written about our having to endure between now and November 2012 the intentional policy and political schizophrenia of the Barack Obama Administration.For public consumption – with the perpetual assistance of his servile media – there will be the “new” President Barack Obama. The “shellacked,” humbled man who claims to get that his Party’s policies were historically rejected by the American people. Whose now moderated, bipartisan, Triangulated work with the Republicans will make former President and 1994 “shellackee” Bill Clinton look recalcitrant and amateur….Going forward, in real terms, President Obama is incapable of a (President Bill) Clinton-esque move to the Middle. He will do his best to put on a public show, but his Big-Government-At-All-Costs agenda will continue unabated. It will just be done behind the scenes via rampant, abusive expansion of the vast regulatory authority at his disposal.Every Commission, every Agency, every Board in the federal pantheon will ratchet up their orders, rules and directives. To impose via executive branch regulatory fiat what President Obama can no longer get done in Congress. In other words, bypass the obviously expressed will of the American people for smaller, more accountable government – so as to continue jamming through his on-all-fronts Titanic Government plan. And do so without the People’s representatives at all involved in the process.The Administration’s first post-election, venomous bite at this secret apple was the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)’s December 21st under-cover-of-Christmas vote to illegally commandeer control of the wired Internet – so as to then impose Network Neutrality.Which puts a regulatory hammer lock on the Internet free market.About which former Obama Deputy Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisors Susan Crawford just said : “(R)egulating these guys into an inch of their life is exactly what needs to happen.”Mission accomplished. And how very reassuring for our foundering economy – and the job providers who are the key to the recovery.Hmmmm.....Democracy or dictatorship?Read the full story here.
- Obama: My Vision Is An America “Where We Live Within Our Means”.This is my vision for America: A vision where we live within our means while still investing in our future, where everyone makes sacrifices, but no one bears all the burden, where we provide a basic measure of security for our citizens and we provide rising opportunity for our children. There will be those who vigorously disagree with my approach. I can guarantee that as well. Some will argue, we should not even consider ever, ever raising taxes even if only on the wealthiest Americans. It’s just an article of faith to them,” President Obama said in his address on the deficit and debt.Hmmmm.....Surely this man is overdue for a medical checkup?Read the full story here
- Obama Ripped For Allowing $600 Million Cut To Health Centers For Needy That Don’t Provide Abortions While Protecting Planned Parenthood Funding.(Daily Caller) – The American Principles Project (APP) Wednesday criticized the Obama administration for allowing the elimination of $600 million for Community Health Centers while protecting funding for Planned Parenthood as part of last week’s budget deal agreed to by Congress and the White House.Touting Planned Parenthood as a key women’s health-care provider, Democrats held firm to their promise not to allow cuts to the nation’s largest abortion provider.Community Health Centers, which do not perform abortions, provide health services to the needy — including mammograms and pre- and post-natal care.According to the American Principles Project last year Community Health Centers performed 320,000 mammograms while Planned Parenthood did none.“Coating its ideology in flowery language about women’s health and alleged Republican mean-spiritedness, liberal Democrats refused to cut one dime out of Planned Parenthood’s plump federal purse during the budget debate,” said the president of APP, Frank Cannon. “All the while a sharp knife was being taken to community health centers that actually perform full-scale exams for the needy. These health centers offer prenatal care to women and their babies – 480,000 times in 2009 alone. Planned Parenthood? Their 850 clinics average less than one prenatal visit a month, in other words, it’s not their line of work.”Hmmmm......The true BigBrother Society no expences for the needy and limit the future expences (birthrate).Read the full story here.
- Arizona passes 'birther' bill after Donald Trump questions Obama's birth certificate.Days after its main sponsor met with Donald Trump, Arizona's 'birther bill' has passed the state Senate.The bill requires presidential candidates to prove they are U.S. citizens before they can be included on Arizona's ballot and receive any votes from the state.Candidates who don't have a long form of their birth certificate are also given the option to show two alternative documents, including a baptismal or circumcision certificate, a hospital birth record or a post-partum medical record.The bill approved would make Arizona the first state to pass such legislation. Democrats say it exceeds the state's authority.It now goes to the House for a final vote.The bill was approved only by Republicans at 20-9.Senate President Russell Pearce told reporters: 'This is an obligation the state has. Verification is not only legitimate, it’s appropriate.'The proposal is prompted by Donald trump's on-going crusade to prove that President Obama was not actually born in Hawaii but in Kenya.In an interview with CNN he pointed out that there are no photos of President Obama from when he was younger, only in his teenage years. He also claims that no one remembers him from school.He said: 'If you go back to my first grade, my kindergarten, people remember me. Nobody from those early years remembers him. 'If you're going to be president of the United States, it says very profoundly you have to be born in this country.Sarah Palin has now jumped on the Trump bandwagon, despite saying in February that the 'birther' issue was a distraction from more important issues.Perhaps fuelled by Trump's recent rise in the polls, she came out over the weekend to defend his attempts saying: 'I appreciate that the Donald wants to spend his resources on something that so interests him and so many Americans, you know more power to him.'Obviously there is something that the president doesn't want people to see, that he sees going to great lengths to make sure it isn't shown. And I think that's perplexing for a lot of people.'Hmmm......I for one would love to see a baptismal certificate.Read the full story here.
- HT:DougRoss.The Obama Legacy: 8 Charts That Will Blow Your Mind.It's one thing to review the raw data, but it's another thing altogether to see the numbers represented in graphical form.Hmmmm......Behold the state of the 'Obamanation"!Read and SEE the full story here.
- HT:TheAmericanDream.25 Shocking Facts That Prove That The Entire U.S. Health Care Industry Has Become One Giant Money Making Scam.What is the appropriate word to use when you find out that the top executive at the third largest health insurance company in America raked in 68.7 million dollars in 2010? How is one supposed to respond when one learns that more than two dozen pharmaceutical companies make over a billion dollars in profits each year? Is it okay to get angry when you discover that over 90 percent of all hospital bills contain "gross overcharges"? Once upon a time, going into the medical profession was seen as a "noble" thing to do. But now the health care industry in the United States has become one giant money making scam and it is completely dominated by health insurance companies, pharmaceutical corporations, lawyers and corporate fatcats. In America today, just one trip to the hospital can cost you tens of thousands of dollars even if you do not stay for a single night. The sad thing is that the vast majority of the money that you pay out for medical care does not even go to your doctor. In fact, large numbers of doctors across the United States are going broke. Rather, it is the "system" that is soaking up almost all of the profits. We have a health care industry in the United States that is fundamentally broken and it needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.
But wasn't that what Obamacare was supposed to do? No, in fact Obamacare was largely written by representatives from the health insurance industry and the pharmaceutical industry. Once it was signed into law the stocks of most health insurance companies went way up.The truth is that Obamacare was one of the worst pieces of legislation in modern American history. It did nothing to fix our health care problems. Rather, it just made all of our health care problems much worse.
In case you haven't noticed, health insurance companies all over the United States have announced that they are going to raise premiums significantly due to the new law. Of course they are just using it as an excuse. They have been sticking it to us good for the last several decades and they just grab hold of whatever excuse they can find to justify the latest rate hike.If you are looking for a legal way to drain massive amounts of money out of average Americans just become a health care company executive. Health care has become perhaps the greatest money making scam in the United States. When Americans are sick and have to go to the hospital most of them aren't really thinking about how much it will cost. At that point they are super vulnerable and ready to be exploited.The system is broken.Everyone knows it.But it never gets fixed.The following are 25 shocking facts that prove that the entire U.S. health care industry is one giant money making scam....Read the full story here.
- Pakistan: Christian Girls Forced to Convert to Islam; Rapes, Coersion, Abuse.In Pakistan forced conversions to Islam, rapes and forced marriages are on the rise. The victims are mostly Hindu and Christian girls, belonging to religious minorities. A report sent to Fides by the Centre for Legal Assistance and Settlement (CLAAS), which takes care of legal assistance for Christians who are discriminated against and persecuted in Pakistan.LAHORE, Pakistan (Agenzia Fides) - In Pakistan forced conversions to Islam, rapes and forced marriages are on the rise. The victims are mostly Hindu and Christian girls, belonging to religious minorities, complain Fides local sources. This has been a worrying phenomenon for the Church in Pakistan for some time and that the Church is trying to address, looking for the cooperation of institutions but it is an uphill battle. "The Christian girls are the weakest and most vulnerable, because their communities are poor, defenceless and marginalized, therefore easily exposed to harassment and threats. Often they do not even have the courage to denounce the violence," says a sister to Fides. The sister hides and assists the girls who have managed to escape. "But the trend is worrying: There are hundreds of cases a year registered and those that come to light are only a fraction," she says. In a society that tolerates discrimination of religious minorities, especially of women, the dominant religion and related social position are used to impose tyranny.A report sent to Fides by the Centre for Legal Assistance and Settlement (CLAAS), which takes care of legal assistance for Christians who are discriminated against and persecuted in Pakistan, confirms this issue, reporting some terrible cases that occur mainly in province of Punjab. Sidra Bibi, 14 year old Christian in the district of Sheikhupura in Punjab, is the daughter of a worker in the cotton industry. A Muslim from the village had his eye on her and began to molest her, and eventually abducted and raped her before threatening her with death. Physically and psychologically abused, the girl became pregnant. She managed to escape from her tormentor and is now back, in a state of exhaustion, with her family. Police have refused to accept her complaint and now the CLAAS lawyers are handling the case.Hmmmm.......The 'people' the Obama administration is supporting.Read the full story here.
- Turkey protests anti-immigrant party’s poster in Belgium.The Turkish Embassy in Brussels has condemned a far-right party after it used posters depicting Turkish and Moroccan immigrants as a sheep being kicked out of Europe. The poster was presented at a conference of the anti-immigrant Flaman Vlaams Belang party over the weekend. It features a white sheep that symbolizes European states exiling a red sheep with printed flags of Turkey and Morocco. It reportedly is based on a similar poster used earlier in another European country, Switzerland.Turkish Ambassador to Belgium Murat Ersavcı said in a statement that Turkey condemned the poster, saying it was racist and xenophobic and that it stirs ethnic hatred. “It thus constitutes a crime under Belgian law,” the ambassador said, underlining that Turkey was in contact with the Belgian Foreign Ministry and other authorities to express its objections over and seek action against the poster.Speaking at the weekend conference, Vlaams Belang leader Bruno Valkeniers said Flemish cities have begun to look like Moroccan cities, with mosques mushrooming all over the region, and called on the Belgian government to shut the country’s doors to immigrants. Valkeniers also proposed the establishment of an anti-immigration network bringing together other like-minded parties across Europe.Vlaams Belang is only one of the far-right parties denouncing immigration that has been witnessing a surge in their electoral support in the past years in Europe. In liberal Sweden, the far-right Sweden Democrats, a party with a neo-Nazi history, won 20 seats in the parliamentary elections in September. In the Netherlands, the country’s center-right minority government depends on support from anti-Islam politician Geert Wilders’ Party for Freedom, and polls show the party is second only to the Liberals.Source .
- HT:Sweasel.Millionaires’n'billionaires! Cut together all the times Obama mentioned the wealthy in his “budget” speech tonight .Wow. I thought this would be funny. Actually, it makes me want to start slapping and then slap some more and then give him a big ol’ slap. Slappity-slappity-slappity, mister class warrior man.Two observations — he frequently made references to “as long as I’m president” and things that will happen in 2014, as though his next term is in the bag. And he repeatedly used the brain-hurty expression “spending reductions in the tax code” which, apparently, means new taxes (update: Joe Collins tells me this means elimination of some deductions and shelters).Did he think that would fly?Hmmm......Does anyone still believe his BS?Read and see the full story here.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Dubai police beat British tourist to death... for cursing.I hope that reader will now consider avoiding Dubai for the sake of his own safety. These people are nuts. A British tourist was beaten to death by officers in a Dubai police station after being arrested for swearing, it was claimed yesterday.Lee Bradley Brown, 39, was on holiday at a £1,000-a-night hotel in the Arab state when he was thrown into a filthy cell.Police sources say he was ‘badly beaten up’ by a group of police officers, leaving him unconscious on the floor.Inmates told how they watched officers bundle him into a body-bag and drag him out of the building.During Mr Brown’s six days in Bur Dubai police station, guards refused to give him enough food and water and did not let him see a lawyer, it is alleged.His sister learned about the attack when she received a phone call from an inmate on Sunday, claiming her brother had been beaten.The prisoner found her phone number on a photocopy of her brother’s passport which had been left behind in the cell.She contacted the British Embassy in Dubai, and on Monday an official was sent to visit Mr Brown at the police station.But the official was turned away by an officer who claimed Mr Brown did not want to see him and had ‘declined consular assistance’.His sister, who did not want to be named, received another phone call from the inmate saying he had seen her brother’s body being taken out in a body-bag.A source told the Daily Mail last night: ‘He suffered a really bad beating which must have caused some terrible internal injuries.‘The poor bloke stood no chance at all. At one stage he was thrown against the concrete wall of a cell and landed badly.‘Then the guards tried to hush it up and pretend nothing had happened.’Hmmmm......"See Dubai and die?"Read the full story here.More here .
- From the Bosphorus: Straight - The need to avert a new flotilla crisis.We reported in our Wednesday paper that Gaby Levy, Israel’s ambassador to Turkey, has called on Turkey not to allow the human rights organization İHH to send another aid convoy to Gaza in the form of a flotilla, noting that the move would be a “provocation.”The ambassador emphasized that Israel has no problem with transporting humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip through legal means, praising the work that Türk Kızılay, the Turkish Red Crescent, is doing there. We hope that the aid flotilla, which is scheduled to depart in June, probably after the elections in Turkey, does not fall victim to political “provocations” from any of the parties who hold a stake in what is a tricky situation with multiple layers.We believe that Israel should give up on its illegal blockade of Gaza and allow materials like concrete to reach Gazans who want to rebuild their shattered infrastructure. However, we are also weary of the political motivations behind the sending of the flotilla.The fiasco that became of last year’s Gaza aid flotilla came as a shock even to some top diplomats in Turkey and Israel who were in close contact prior to the Israeli raid on the Mavi Marmara ship that left eight Turks and one Turkish-American dead. As we have over a month to go before the proposed aid flotilla sets out, we hope that all the actors involved have learned valuable lessons from last year’s disaster and that cooler heads can prevail. Given the political turmoil and uncertainty racking the region, revisiting a “Turkish-Israeli” crisis now would be the last thing any responsible person would seek. As people throughout the region demonstrate their yearning for a say in the political process, Turkey and Israel, both with well-established democratic traditions, should set a good example for the region by narrowing their differences through dialogue.One possible solution that has been proposed is that Israel allow a flotilla to deliver materials to Gaza so long as İHH submits the ships to international inspectors who can verify that the ships pose no national security threat to Israel, politics excluded. We believe this may be an elegant solution, and one that will benefit Gazans the most.Hmmmmmm......"Elegance" like in 'Tirez les premiers Messieurs les Israéliens'?Read the full story here.
- Iran: Bill banning dogs from public places introduced in parliament.Tehran, 13 April (AKI) - Members of Iran's parliament have sponsored a bill barring dogs from public places because they are "unclean" and keeping pets is an "un-Islamic" custom, according to Iran's state news agency Irna.Under the bill, dog owners will be banned from taking their pets out into public spaces and in vehicles. First-time offenders will be fined five million riyals (around 4,800 dollars) and will be given 10 days to dispose of their dog.If the dog owner fails to comply with these rules, health authorities will be called in to remove the dog from its owner. It is unclear what would be done to the dog.The health ministry has been asked to enforce the rules, as have city councils and the 280-member parliament’s culture committee, Irna reported.Besides being “unclean,” keeping dogs as pets goes against Iranian values, as it is a pratice which indicates the influence of Western culture, according the 39 MPs who tabled the bill.Hardliners have moved to crack down on dog ownership, which has been on the rise in recent years in Iran, especially among citizens in the affluent neighborhoods of the capital, Tehran.In June 2010, Iran’s Grand Ayatollah Naser Makarem Shirazi issued a fatwa or religious edict against keeping dogs as pets, and police have fined dog owners and confiscated pets from streets and parks.An exception has been made for working canines such as guard dogs and sheep dogs.Hmmmm......Next it will be the NY cabbies who will refuse 'unclean' dogs?Read the full story here.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Assad playing Saudis and Iran off against each other? Syrian President Bashar al-Assad headed for Saudi Arabia on Wednesday for a meeting with Saudi King Abdullah. The embattled Syrian President Bashar al Assad, is heading to Riyadh on Wednesday to meet with Saudi King Abdallah bin Abdel Aziz, according Okaz newspaper.The meeting, according to the Saudi paper will highlight bilateral relations at the political, economic and trade levels; in addition, to discussing the Palestinian peace process and dialogue and the developments in the Arab world.Note what apparently was not on the agenda: What is going on in Syria itself.Ah, but you thought that Assad was in Iran's court and that Iran and Saudi Arabia are rivals. Well, that's true too.Iran is secretly helping Syrian President Bashar al-Assad put down pro-democracy demonstrations, according to U.S. officials, who say Tehran is providing gear to suppress crowds and assistance blocking and monitoring protesters' use of the Internet, cellphones and text-messaging.Secretly?Hmmmmm......Read the full story here.
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
- Live broadcast info from Japan directly ! Here.
- Libya Live Blog - April 13. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world increased seismic activity in Japan today between 4.5 and 5.4! More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 84.On 12.04.2011 at 02:59 GMT+2. Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog
- HT:BigGovernment.Obama’s ‘Framework’ for Perpetual Deficits and Higher Taxes.Big Government has received an outline of President Obama’s ‘framework’ for reducing the federal budget deficit. The White House claims the ‘framework’ will trim $4 Trillion, over 12 years from the deficit.The President believes that we need a comprehensive, pro-growth economic strategy that invests in winning the future, lays the foundation for strong private-sector job growth and ensures that shared prosperity will keep the American dream alive for generations to come. A key component of that strategy must be a commitment to fiscal responsibility and to living within our means. Today, the President is laying out a comprehensive, balanced deficit reduction framework to cut spending, bring down our debt and increase confidence in our nation’s fiscal strength, while supporting our economic recovery and ensuring we are making the investments we need to win the future.Hmmmm....Call me old fashion but what interest me is what's the spending numbers for the next 12 years,considering the number of Trillions he adds in a year to the US debt?Read the full story here.
- HT:Politico.Most 'transparant' administration White House visitor logs leave out many.A foot of snow couldn’t keep Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Jennifer Hudson and other celebrities away from a star-studded celebration of civil-rights-era music, hosted by President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama at the White House in February 2010.Dylan’s haunting rendition of “The Times They Are a-Changin’” was a highlight of the dazzling evening. The digitally friendly White House even posted the video of his performance on its website.But you won’t find Dylan (or Robert Zimmerman, his birth name) listed in the White House visitor logs — the official record of who comes to call at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., which is maintained by the Secret Service.Ditto Joan Baez.Similarly, the logs are missing the names of thousands of other visitors to the White House, including lobbyists, government employees, campaign donors, policy experts and friends of the first family, according to an investigation by the Center for Public Integrity.The White House website proudly boasts of making available “over 1,000,000 records of everyone who’s come through the doors of the White House” via a searchable database.Yet the Center’s analysis shows that the logs routinely omit or cloud key details about the identity of visitors, whom they met with and the nature of their visits. The logs even include the names of people who never showed up. These are critical gaps that raise doubts about the records’ historical accuracy and utility in helping the public understand White House operations, from social events to meetings on key policy debates.
Among the many weaknesses found by the Center’s review of the database:
• The “event” description in the logs is blank for more than 205,000 visits, including many that involved small meetings with the president and his key aides.
• Five junior staff aides together received more than 4,440 visits. By contrast, then-chief of staff Rahm Emanuel, famed for his workaholic schedule, is listed as having fewer than 500 visits.
• Less than 1 percent of the estimated 500,000 visits to the White House in Obama’s first eight months — a time when the new administration was bustling with activity — have been disclosed, according to the Center’s analysis.The Center’s analysis is based on visitor logs through February; additional names released in late March are not included in this analysis. “If this is transparency, who needs it?” said Steven Aftergood, director of the project on government secrecy at the Federation of American Scientists. He called the White House visitor logs “very thin gruel.”Hmmmm.....For all i know even Osama Bin Laden could be visiting Hussein and staying in the guestroom?Read the full story here.
- Iran benefits from regional turmoil as price of oil soars.At the same time, Hezbollah is concerned with the ongoing protests in Syria and the possibility that President Bashar Assad will lose power.According to foreign reports, Syria is storing an unspecified number of long-range Scud missiles inside a base near the Syrian-Lebanese border. Other reports have mentioned that Syria is also storing advanced surface-to-air missiles on Hezbollah’s behalf.Iran is believed to still be suffering from technical setbacks due to the Stuxnet computer virus that attached its Natanz uranium fuel enrichment facility over the summer but has gotten most of its program back on track.According to assessments within the defense establishment, Iran’s current strategy is to prepare all of its nuclear assets for the day that it will decide to go to the breakout stage and begin developing a nuclear weapon.Hmmmm......Read the full story here.
- Top White House aide delivers Obama letter to Saudi king.A top White House aide delivered a personal letter from President Obama to Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah on Tuesday, as the administration moved to calm tensions between the two countries over how to respond to upheaval in the Arab world and deal with their mutual adversary in Iran.The stakes are high for both sides, perhaps higher for Obama.
Saudi Arabia, in addition to being the world’s largest oil exporter and the site of the Muslim world’s holiest sites, is the leading U.S. regional partner on counterterrorism matters. An extensive bilateral intelligence and law enforcement infrastructure has been established over the past decade. A pending $60 billion arms deal with the Saudis is the largest in U.S. history.Underlying the current tensions is Saudi Arabia’s long-standing concern that it “has been taken for granted by the United States,” said another member of the Shura, part of a group that visited Washington last week.
The Saudis consider themselves “the voice for moderation and stabilization in the Middle East,” he said, and resent the U.S. implication that the administration is more attuned to threats such as Iran, or that the Saudi monarchy needs to move toward its own reforms at a faster pace than it believes is wise or necessary.
Some foreign policy experts in this country agree that Obama needs to pay more attention to the relationship. The Saudi king needs to know “that the president will provide a secure safety net of support, rather than undermine him” in the event of trouble in the kingdom, Martin Indyk, the director of the Brookings Institution’s foreign policy program, wrote in The Washington Post early this week. Saudi uncertainty was reflected in a visit to Pakistan last month by Prince Bandar bin Sultan, the head of the Saudi National Security Council.But others are more dismissive of Saudi concerns. “Our friends are mad at us because we said Mubarak had to go,” Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) said Tuesday at the U.S.-Islamic Forum, a conference in Washington jointly sponsored by Brookings and the government of Qatar. “We didn’t say that . . . the Egyptian people did,” Kerry said. “We acknowledged a reality.”“For leaders worried about their regimes, royal families and governments,” Kerry said, “this is an opportunity to adjust to how they stay in power.”Hmmmm......C'Mon Abdul no hard feelings wasn't planning to stab you in the back down the road....well not right now perhaps later in an alley?Read the full story here.
- EU slaps sanctions on 32 Iranians over rights abuses.AFP LUXEMBOURG — The European Union imposed assets freezes and travel bans on 32 Iranian officials on Tuesday, saying they had been involved in human rights violations.British Foreign Secretary William Hague said on the sidelines of a meeting of European Union foreign ministers that the 27-nation bloc wanted to hit back at the "appalling human rights record of Iran."He denounced the jailing of Iranian opposition leaders, the detention of more journalists "than any other country in the world," and an "excessive use of the death penalty, often on vague charges."The EU "is agreeing today restrictive measures on 32 individuals in Iran we believe are responsible and instrumental in these policies," he said.The measures were decided at a meeting of EU foreign ministers in Luxembourg, following in the footsteps of the United States, which imposed similar sanctions in September 2010.The list of names will soon be made public in the EU Official Journal.The EU ministers had already agreed in principle to the sanctions in March, when they voiced concern about the "deterioration" of human rights in Iran.They also voiced alarm over the "dramatic increase in executions in recent months and the systematic repression of Iranian citizens."Iran has already been hit by a raft of sanctions imposed by the United Nations over its refusal to halt its controversial nuclear programme.The United States and the European Union added their own unilateral sanctions on top of the UN measures last year.The United States hit eight Iranian official with sanctions last year, including current and former ministers, accusing them of committing serious human rights violations during the disputed presidential elections of 2009.Read the full story here.
- Sweden Plans Deportation of Christian-Convert Imam.A former imam who converted to Christianity is facing extradition from Sweden to his native Iraq, where he may face imprisonment or death for his "apostasy" from Islam. . According to an article at Dagen.se (translated by Google): A former imam, who lives in Karlskoga and who converted to Christianity must be deported to Iraq, the Administrative Court of Appeal has decided. Bengt Sjoberg, local politician from Filipstad and heavily involved in refugee issues, said that the former Imam [had] been baptized in the Baptist church in Karlskoga and openly share[d] [his] faith with others. “This is absolutely horrible. This is a genuine conversion and many of us can testify that there is a man who lives as a Christian.”Given the latitude which has been shown by Western nations for generations in extending protection to individuals claiming sanctuary from the tyranny which would confront them at home, the decision of Swedish authorities to deport a man whose conversion would make him a target seems reckless. The bloody persecution which has been inflicted on the Church in Iraq in the past few years has driven much of the Christian remnant out of the country; even the homes of Christians in Baghdad were subjected to Jihadist attacks this past Christmas.According to an entry (“Mänskliga rättigheter, asylsökande och dop/Human rights, asylum seekers and baptism”) on Mr. Sjoberg’s website, the Church of Sweden is making the situation worse for converts because it is urging that those foreigners who become believers in Christianity should not be baptized, if there is a possibility they could be deported. As Mr. Sjoberg writes (again, via Google translation): It's good that the Swedish Church declares that it is dangerous to be a Christian if you come from certain countries such as Afghanistan and Iran.Certainly one of the most basic rights recognized in the West is the freedom of conscience in matters of religion. While Islamic nations threaten to execute those who "blaspheme" Islam, and Jihadists murder the only Christian in the Pakistani government, the moral obligation of Western nations is to protect immigrants from such nations as would imprison or murder them for their religious beliefs, as we once offered a measure of protection to those who fled from the Communist nations.It is not surprising that some of the recent émigrés from the Islam-dominated countries will come to the realization that they had previously been deceived regarding the nature of Christianity. Rev. Elijah Abraham, a former Muslim from Iraq who converted to Christianity, has a ministry, Living Oasis Ministries, which has as its goal bringing the Gospel to adherents of Islam. (Rev. Abraham was interviewed by The New American last year, and the first portion of that interview may be found here.) Rev. Abraham explained that his life as a Muslim in Iraq was one which was filled with hatred:
I grew up with hatred: hatred toward Christianity. I had a lot of Christian neighbors and friends and I loved them, but the Christians I could not separate from Christianity because my community and Islam told me I could not separate America from Christianity ... England from Christianity ... colonialism from Christianity. So that was the hatred — hatred toward the West — imperialism, capitalism, etc. — and hatred toward the Jews, and Israel, and Zionism. Nobody told me why I needed to hate. The culture of hate is just a way of life, and not just hatred toward Christians and Jews, but also toward other factions within Islam. There is no peace. There is this constant struggle, on a personal, community, or national level. That’s why it’s a really great opportunity to share the Gospel with Muslims, because as human beings we always want to have peace of mind. We always want to be at rest and ease. That’s the void that only God can fill. So it’s a great opportunity when I witness to Muslims and give them that option. Yes, they will give me typical Muslim objections to the Gospel, but I’m prepared to answer those questions.Such converts from Islam have a great deal to teach Christians in the West through their willingness to suffer for what they believe. As Sjoberg observes, “We never baptize someone who has not received proper training and if you come from a Muslim background you may be given a long time to think about the risks it entails to become a Christian and be baptized, [as you] may be deported to a country where capital punishment [is inflicted] on any converts. If you still stand fast in the desire to fully become a Christian, we can not deny anyone to make this powerful spiritual experience.”Hmmmm......Why not appeal to the Pope to put pressure on the Swedes?Read the full story here.
- The Obama Administration Embraces Radical Islamists.But the clueless Obama administration’s “faith advisor” Dahlia Mogahed is mimicking Alfred E. Neuman’s line in Mad Magazine: “What, Me Worry?According to a report on the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood website that has since been mysteriously removed, Ms. Mogahed, presumably reflecting the views of her boss, has reportedly said in a recent interview that Washington has no worries concerning the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.The news media – even Fox News – has dropped the ball in not covering this latest piece of evidence that the Obama administration is legitimizing our number one ideological enemy – radical Islam .In the interview, Obama’s faith advisor revealed that the Obama administration:
does not want to make an enemy of the Muslim Brotherhood and in fact respects them;
foresees the Muslim Brotherhood acquiring a majority of the seats in Egypt’s upcoming parliamentary election; andbelieves the relationship between the United States and an Egypt governed by a Muslim Brotherhood majority will be much more that of equals.Obama’s faith advisor did not stop there. In an article she posted on the Huffington Post website entitled “The Fruits of Faith in the Arab Spring,” Ms. Mogahed argued that Islam is playing a role in the Arab nation revolutions akin to the role that religious faith played for this country’s civil rights movement.She said that
Islam contains rich resources for liberation philosophy.
I highly doubt that the Iranian dissidents whom have been killed, beaten, arrested, and tortured at the behest of the oh-so-devout Islamic mullahs running the Islamic Republic of Iran would be impressed with Islam’s version of a “liberation philosophy.”That’s not all. Ms. Mogahed also claimed that Islamists’ rejection of any man-made law that conflicts with Allah’s law is a good thing : Its most central theological principle is that of God’s absolute oneness, meaning that only He is worthy of unquestioning obedience and submission, and only He should be truly feared. This focus on God’s glory minimizes the supposed supremacy of tyrants, making them seem miniscule and powerless. When protesters declare “God is greater,” they are saying that the Devine (sic) dominates the dictator.Hmmmm.....,A pitty her boss has a tendency to leave the word GOD out?Ah my mistake ....that's the Christian God.Read the full
- HT:Memri.Al-Azhar Sheikh: Pope's Apology A Condition For Interfaith Dialogue.As part of yesterday's Cairo visit by the Vatican envoy, Al-Azhar Sheikh Dr. Ahmad Al-Tayeb demanded an official apology from Pope Benedict XVI for his insult to Islam, calling it a basic condition for renewing the interfaith dialogue between the two institutions. Al-Azhar decided to freeze the dialogue with the Vatican in late January following Pope Benedict XVI's criticism of Muslims' treatment of Christians in the Middle East.Hmmm......My guess you got your answer a while back“Violence does not build up the kingdom of God, the kingdom of humanity. On the contrary, it is a favorite instrument of the Antichrist, however idealistic its religious motivation may be,” Pope Benedict XVI. Read the full story here.
- HT:BigPeace.Video - New Islamic Council Established In Spain.The plan is to subsidize the building of more mosques and Islamic schools. Goal is the “further integration of Islam into Spanish society.”Hmmmm....El.Cid planning to be re-burried at the vatican?Read and see the full story here.
- HT:Memri.GCC Countries Call For Cancelling Baghdad Summit.Bahraini Foreign Minister Sheikh Khalid bin Ahmad al-Khalifa is reported to have declared that the members of the Gulf Cooperation Council have demanded the cancellation of the Arab summit, which is set for Baghdad on May 10-11. The GCC's decision reflects the tension between the Gulf states and Iraq over the issue of Bahrain. Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki said on March 19 and reiterated on March 26 that "Bahrain differs from Libya and Egypt; it is a case between Sunnis and Shi'a and the entry of forces from Arab countries regarded as Sunni in support of the Sunni government of Bahrain has created a situation that appeared like Sunni mobilization against the Shi'a."Al-Maliki has warned of a sectarian regional war.Hmmmm.....Where does Sunni Turkey stand in all this?Read the full story here.
- Hmmmm....The US must bend to the will off the Muslim Brotherhood?Forum seeks more US action in Muslim world conflicts.The head of a global Islamic group called Tuesday for the United States to be more active in solving conflicts in the Muslim world, particularly the long-running dispute between Israelis and Palestinians.In a speech to open the U.S.-Islamic World Forum, Ekmeleddin İhsanoğlu, secretary-general of the Organization of the Islamic Conference, or OIC, said the Middle East peace process should be the cornerstone of U.S.-Muslim world relations and called on Washington to take a "more active role in seeking solutions to conflict-ridden situations in the Muslim world."The Muslim world has "seen improvements" in relations with the United States since President Barack Obama took office, said İhsanoğlu, but tensions between the two sides will persist if the Israel-Palestinian conflict is not resolved. "There are certain concerns – I should say certain grievances – concerning the Palestinian issue," İhsanoğlu told reporters."This should be addressed in a concrete way. Without addressing these issues properly, we will still find certain problems between the Muslim world and the United States," he said.Those parameters would include a reference to the borders that existed before the 1967 Six Day War, and the establishment of Jerusalem as the capital of both states. The Palestinians also want the quartet to issue a condemnation of continuing Israeli settlement expansion.On Tuesday, as the U.S.-Islamic World forum opened, diplomats at the United Nations said Washington had blocked a bid to break the deadlock in the Middle East peace process by not agreeing to a meeting in Berlin where Britain, France and Germany wanted to outline a settlement to the Israel-Palestinian conflict.Read the full story here.
- Women block road in Syria after hundreds arrested.Thousands of women staged a sit-in Wednesday on a main highway in northern Syria to demand the release of hundreds of people arrested in protests in the region, a rights activist said."More than 5,000 women are gathered on the main road linking the towns of Tartus and Banias to demand the release of hundreds of people arrested yesterday in Baida by security forces," Rami Abdel Rahman told Agence France-Presse."Dozens of people were arrested" in the nearby flashpoint town of Banias, said Abdel Rahman, who was speaking by telephone from London where his organization, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, is based.Syrian security forces closed the coastal town of Banias, 280 kilometers north of Damascus, and raked Baida with gunfire on Tuesday, witnesses told AFP by telephone.One witness said gunfire on Baida was "intense like rain" while another said Banias was "surrounded by tanks" and "like a prison" with no one able to go in or out of the town.Residents also complained of bread shortages and said shops and petrol stations were closed.The army has kept a stranglehold on Banias since Sunday, when regime agents opened fired on residents, particularly those in mosques, killing four people and wounding 17, according to witnesses.The official SANA news agency had said nine soldiers, including two officers, were killed on Sunday when their patrol was ambushed outside Banias.A human rights activist told AFP that the crackdown on Banias was "probably aimed at arresting" Anas al-Shuhri, one of the leaders of the pro-democracy protests.Read the full story here.
- Kerry: Obama wasted time on settlement freeze.Former Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry slams US president's 'wrong approach' to Israeli-Palestinian peace process.WASHINGTON – Chairman of the US Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Senator John Kerry (D), slammed Wednesday President Barack Obama's efforts to advance the Mideast peace process, saying he adopted "the wrong approach."Speaking at a Brookings' Saban Center for Middle East Policy conference, Kerry blamed Obama for "wasting" more that half of his presidential term by publicly demanding that Israel suspend all settlement expansion.Kerry, who has a 2004 presidential bid under his belt, served as a special envoy for the Obama Administration to Syria and Afghanistan. The senator explained his opposition to Obama's policy, saying he believes a plan involving public pressure was doomed to fail, and "unachievable." He went on to say that the American president's choice of action was the same as "putting the cart before the horses," adding the key to resolving the issue was reaching an agreement that clearly addresses security issues and borders. Kerry qualified his words, saying he did not believe this could be achieved at this point in time.Still, the Democratic senator added he had every faith that Washington would soon try to reignite the stalled peace process, likely during Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's visit to DC next month. Kerry added Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are likely to actively partake in the process and will do what they can to advance it before September – and the scheduled meeting of the United Nations General Assembly.The Palestinians intend to bring before the Assembly a proposal calling for UN recognition of a Palestinian state win line with the 1967 borders.Kerry added that he believed the Palestinian effort to unilaterally push the issue was "a mistake." He further warned Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas that such a move would be perilous. The US, he concluded, will make a true effort to stop things from spinning out of control.Hmmmmm.......Words come cheap these days.Read the full story here.
- Live broadcast info from Japan directly ! Here.
- Libya Live Blog - April 13. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 84.On 12.04.2011 at 02:59 GMT+2. Here .
- HT:Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Workers fear radioactive water spill at Fukushima.The Mainichi Daily News.13 April 2011.Nuke plant workers fear water poured on reactors could overflow and leak radiation.Emergency workers are fighting an uphill battle to contain one of the troubled nuclear reactors in northeastern Japan, as they cannot pour large amounts of water on it to cool it down for fear that it will be contaminated with radiation and overflow.It was discovered on April 13 that the temperature of water in the spent fuel pool of the No. 4 reactor at the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant had risen to 90 degrees Celsius. The level of radiation around the reactor is very high at 84 millisieverts per hour. Under normal conditions, the level of radiation is 0.0001 millisievert per hour, a level where people can walk by the pool with ordinary clothes on.The workers are unable to cool it down sufficiently because they are only pouring on an amount of water that evaporates from the fuel pool, to prevent it from overflowing. Therefore, they are in difficult dilemma.Of the 1,331 fuel assemblies stored in the pool of the No. 4 reactor, 548 are new and therefore they could generate more heat than ordinary spent nuclear fuel. Heated waste from the fuel is believed to have caused the fuel pool to boil, and exposed fuel rods in turn overheated. It is then believed that hydrogen was generated after the rods’ cladding tubes reacted with water and exploded four days after the March 11 disaster. The fuel rods were said to have stopped being exposed after receiving water supplied from concrete pumping trucks.The Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) used a remote control system to collect samples of water from the pool on April 12. At that time, the temperature of water in the pool was found to be 90 degrees Celsius against 84 degrees Celsius recorded on the eve of the hydrogen explosion. A high level of radiation — 100,000 times the normal level — was detected in the atmosphere about 6 meters above the fuel pool.The power company says the fuel was covered with water and not exposed. On the question of why the level of radiation was so high, the power firm said, “We think either the fuel in the pool was damaged or materials seeped out from the pressure vessel.” Based on that assumption, the power company is analyzing the ingredients of the radioactive materials.Concrete pumping trucks are currently being used to supply water to cool down the fuel pool, but if the amount of water is increased further, radioactive water will overflow, making it even more difficult to deal with the spread of contaminated water. In the meantime, as long as workers keep supplying only the amount of water that evaporates with the heated waste, they are not able to prevent the pool from boiling. “We want to restore the recirculating cooling system (using seawater), but we cannot do that because radiation in the reactor building is high,” said TEPCO executive Junichi Matsumoto.end quote.This is a technical issue complained bitterly about by opposing scientists over many decades, only to have the technical facts disputed by nuclear authorities. The so-called “nuclear age” is reduced to the sophiscation of concrete pumps and evaporation rates. Read the full story here.
- HT:Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.More disclosures of radionuclide contamination at Fukushima – including Sr89.Update from Dr. Saji- former Secretariat of Japan’s Nuclear Safety Commission.Last Update: 9 April 2011. Dear Colleagues : 27th day!
I. Stop that leak?
After the successful operation performed yesterday, the sea water sampling at the sea water discharge inlet reduced down to 5700 Bq/cm3, a factor of 50 decrease from the value of samples taken on April 2. Likewise, Cs-137 concentration was 3200 Bq/cm3. These values indicate that the leakage from the pit to the sea water was stopped.
It was reported yesterday that the water level in the trench of 1F2 has increased by 5 cm, however, it went back to the original level on the morning of April 7. This may indicate that the water leaking from the basement of the turbine hall of 1F2 found its way to the trench. TEPCO is keeping a close eye on the water level, as well as possible leak to other locations.Read the full story here.
- HT:BeforeitisNews.Obama's 1890 SS number traced to a dead man in Honolulu,HI !
This is what we know so far. We get more info on Jean Paul Ludwig, who was born in 1890, had CT SSN obtained in 1976 and died in HI around 1981. There are 2 SS numbers for him and records show him dying in 2 different states: CA and HI around 1981.The reason this is important, is because there is a similar fact pattern to Obama. Barack Obama is residing today in the White House, using CT SS number 042-68-4425, issued in CT in and around March 1977 to an elderly individual named John Paul Ludwig, who was born in 1890, who is presumed dead and whose death was either never reported to the SS administration or reported and deleted from the database by someone.
Obama’s maternal grandmother Madelyn Dunham, worked as a part-timer or volunteer in the Probate Office in the Honolulu Hawaii Courthouse. Thus she would have access to the estate files of anyone who died there. Thus if the elderly man originally from CT died intestate in Hawaii with no known relatives, Grandma Dunham would have known this person is a prime candidate to steal the SSN of since there would be no known surviving family worrying about the death benefit from SSN and that the benefit was not likely applied for and thus SSA did not know he died. Thus the SSN remained active for the deceased person and Obama could “adopt” it as his own. This is a clear case of identity theft at the federal level.
This is what we know about Ludwig:
In 1924, Jean Paul Ludwig worked for Senator Reed of PA, in Washington DC.On the ship manifest of ‘Leviathan’, he listed Senator Reed in Washington, DC as his empl., in answer to where he intended to live in the US.Jean Paul Ludwig had been in the US for 3 yrs in 1924, but he was listed on the “Immigration” manifest and refered to as an alien in the column headings.Listed under “States Immigration Officer at Port of Arrival”, New York, Aug 12, 1924:
Jean Paul Ludwig, Date of Arrival: Aug 12, 1924, Port of Departure:
Cherbourg, France, Line#: 0008
Line #8: By Whom was Passage Paid: Emp. Mr. Reed; Whether in possession of $50: Yes; Whether ever before in US: Yes; If Yes-Period of Years: 3; Where: PA
Whether going to join relative or friend: Empl. Senator Reed, Washingto, DC
Length of time alien intends to remain in the US: Always
Height 5′5″, Complexion Dk., Hair Br., Eyes Br., Marks of ID: None
Place of Birth: France, Ammersville.[www.ellisisland.org]
First Name: Jean P.
Last Name: Ludwig
Last Place of Residence: Washington, D.C.
Date of Arrival: Aug 12, 1924
Age at Arrival: 34 Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Leviathan
Port of Departure: Cherbourg, France
Manifest Line Number: 0008
U.S. Social Security Death Index
Name: Jean Ludwig
Birth Date: 17 February 1890
Zip Code of Last Residence: 96816 (Honolulu,HI)
Death Date: June 1981 , Estimated Age at Death: 91
Hmmmm......This would correspond with the claim that Barack Hussein Obama is none other than Barry Soetoro who never changed his name to B.H.Obama!Read the full story here.More here.
- Belarus questions dissidents in subway bombing.MINSK, Belarus – Authorities in Belarus rounded up dissidents across the country Wednesday for questioning in the Minsk subway bombing after the president declared that his political opponents might know who "ordered the attack."In a televised statement Wednesday, President Alexander Lukashenko said two suspects have confessed to carrying out the subway attack but said authorities still did not know the mastermind behind the bombing.The authoritarian president said he has asked the prosecutor general to interrogate leading opposition figures in connection with the blast "regardless of democracy, and cries and wailing of foreign sufferers.""Maybe those politicians from the fifth column will open their cards and show who ordered it," he said.Human rights activists said prosecutors were summoning opposition activists from all over for interrogations."Authorities clearly want to use the attack to boost their control over society and carry out new repressions," said Valentina Stefanovich of Vesna, a human rights center.Lukashenko, dubbed "Europe's last dictator" by the West, had already launched a massive crackdown on opposition members in Belarus after widespread protests erupted over the December presidential election. Lukashenko was declared the overwhelming winner of that vote, which international observers strongly criticized and opponents said was rigged.Belarus is going through a severe economic crisis with hard currency reserves running critically low. People have been waiting in daylong lines to exchange Belarusian rubles for euros and dollars, fearing a likely devaluation of the national currency."Lukashenko needs to find a scapegoat for the disastrous situation in the country," said former presidential candidate Grigory Kostusev, who was jailed during the December rally. He was released after signing an agreement not to leave the country and is now facing 15 years in prison for staging the rally."With the economic collapse looming, Lukashenko is trying to make the most of it — consolidate the public opinion by offering it a theory about foreign enemies from Strasbourg who colluded with opposition," said independent political analyst Alexander Sosnov.Hmmmm.......Why do i keep having the Gut feeling that it might be Luka himself who arranged the bombing?Yes probably Luka was right the explosives came out of a government ammo depot?Read the full story here.
Minsk Metro blast solved – Belarusian president.The President of Belarus Aleksandr Lukashenko has announced that the case of the terror attack in the Minsk Metro on Monday has been solved and those responsible for it detained. “The detainees have admitted not only committing the metro attack, they are also responsible for terror attacks on Independence Day (2008) and in Vitebsk (2005),” Lukashenko claimed Wednesday. “We still do not know why they carried out the attack, but we will get to know it soon,” he added. The Belarusian president vowed that "the villains will face the toughest punishment" and urged security forces to stay on high alert following Monday’s bombing.Hmmmm.....Major crackdown on opposition in one...two....?Read the full story here.
- SPIEGEL Interview with NATO Head Rasmussen'There Is No Military Solution to the Libya Conflict'.Even after weeks of NATO air strikes, the conflict in Libya appears no closer to being resolved. SPIEGEL spoke with NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen about whether bombs can lead to democracy, the possibility of Libya becoming a failed state and Germany's reluctance to get involved.Read the full story here.
- HT:JudicialWatch.Documents Show White House Spent $200 Million in Taxpayer Money on ObamaCare Propaganda.Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, announced today that it has obtained documents from the Obama Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) detailing the agency’s massive taxpayer-funded multimedia campaign designed to promote the Affordable Health Care Act (also known as Obamacare) and other HHS policy initiatives. According to the records obtained by Judicial Watch pursuant to a March 23, 2011, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (No. 11-608)), the total cost of the campaign, which targets Obama’s electoral coalition, could reach as much as $200 million.Hmmm.......You know what they say about spending a lot to sell a product"A good product sells itself".Read the full story here.
- Budget Deal Guts $226 Million From Southern Border Fence Project at the suggestion of the Obama administration. House and Senate appropriators revealed details of the 2011 spending-cut deal early Tuesday morning, missing a self-imposed midnight deadline.In dueling press releases, House Republicans emphasized the magnitude of cuts they won in the six-month spending bill after marathon negotiations, while Senate Democrats emphasized cuts they were able to avoid or diminish. . . .The Homeland Security Department sees significant cuts as well: $226 million is cut from the southern border fence at the suggestion of the Obama administration, and the number of Transportation Security Administration workers is capped. FEMA first-responder grants are cut by $786 million.Contributions to the U.N. and other international institutions are cut $377 million [we kick in over $6 billion annually to the UN — ed]; federal highway investment is cut $650 million.Hmmmm....Meanwhile spend more on the Northern border don't want all these 'crazy Canucks' entering illegally the US?Read the full story here.
- 'US will have hard time standing alone in UN'.State officials feel efforts to prevent UN support of Palestinian state futile, believe US will have hard time voting against declaration in September.Israeli state officials estimated Wednesday that the US decision to postpone a European initiative to set parameters for peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians will involve a price to be paid by Benjamin Netanyahu. "The prime minister will be forced to outline his plans in a clear manner," one state official said. Israel has been working to prevent UN support in a unilateral declaration of a Palestinian state, however efforts to block endorsement have thus far failed. State officials now believe such efforts are futile, particularly in regards to the General Assembly. An Israeli official said: "Obama wants a Palestinian state and although the US is not interested in a unilateral declaration, it would be hard for it to stand alone in the General Assembly and vote against it." In fact, many state officials believe Israel has failed on the UN front. "The fact that the Americans stopped the Quartet's plan only proves how deeply we depend on them," one official said. "But this hold-up will not change matters in the General Assembly and this is a trend we cannot change." State officials stated that the US has decided to step in order to take control of the situation and achieve progress. "The Europeans couldn't get the Palestinians to the negotiating table, the Americans want to control matters and set the agenda."Until Netanyahu visits the US in May, US pressure will grow. They want to see a plan with clear details and timetables. The fact that they decided to intervene is a clear message to Netanyahu and Israel." Obama wants Netanyahu to publically declare he is willing to renew peace talks based on withdrawal to 1967 borders.When peace talks came to a halt several months ago, the forum of seven ministers addressed the possibility of unilateral withdrawal from the West Bank. However, the option was never discussed publically "so as to allow the Americans to exhaust all other possibilities of renewing peace talks." The idea will likely be reviewed again ahead of the September UN meeting.Hmmmm.....The worst ennemy of Israel is sitting in the WhiteHouse.Netanyahu better prepare to utter "Et Tu Hussein"!Read the full story here.
- IMF Says Obama Regime Lacks “Credible Strategy” to Stop Mounting Public Debt, Risks Triggering New Global Economic Crisis.The US lacks a “credible strategy” to stabilise its mounting public debt posing a small but significant risk of a new global economic crisis, says the International Monetary Fund.In an unusually stern rebuke to its largest shareholder, the IMF said the US was the only advanced economy to be increasing its underlying budget deficit in 2011 at a time when its economy was growing fast enough to reduce borrowing.To meet the 2010 pledge by the Group of 20 countries for all advanced economies — except Japan — to halve their deficits by 2013, the US would need to implement tougher austerity measures than in any two-year period since records began in 1960, the IMF said. In its twice-yearly Fiscal Monitor, the IMF added that on its current plans the US would join Japan as the only country with rising public debt in 2016, creating a risk for the global economy.Carlo Cottarelli, head of fiscal affairs at the Fund, said: “It is a risk that if it materialises would have very important consequences . . . for the rest of the world. So it is important that the US undertakes fiscal adjustment in a way sooner rather than later.”Hmmmm.....If he really wanted to destroy America would he do anything different?Read the full story here.
- Israel asked Turkey to stop flotilla, envoy says.Ambassador Gabby Levy tells Hurriyet paper he explained Israel's position to Turkish government, stresses Israel does not object to legal transfer of humanitarian aid to Gaza. Israel's Ambassador to Turkey Gabby Levy has asked the Turkish government to stop the flotilla scheduled to set sail next month, the Hurriyet newspaper reported Tuesday. Levy told the paper that Israel explained its position to the Turkish government. The Israeli envoy handed over the request to a senior official in the Turkish foreign ministry. Levy stressed that Israel has no problem with humanitarian aid being legally transferred to the Gaza Strip via the Turkish Red Cross, for example. "The Gaza crossing is open. The Israeli side has shown greater flexibility. The quota was set at 220 trucks which we do not cover as there is no need for further aid. Consequently such a campaign can only be seen as pure provocation," he said. Meanwhile, the government held a meeting regarding the impending flotilla where it was proposed to allow the vessels to reach the Gaza shores. However, this option was not discussed and no decision has been reached.Hmmmmm.....I don't think Erdogan wants another flotilla on his hands in the middle of elections .Read the full story here.
- Flotilla organizers ask Europe for protection from Israel.Organizers of a new flotilla to deliver aid to Gaza have called on European states not to bow to pressure from Israel to stop their mission and have asked for protection against what they say are threats from Israel. The new flotilla, called Freedom Flotilla 2, is expected to sail to Gaza in the coming weeks, a year after a raid by Israeli forces on a similar mission that left eight Turkish citizens and one American citizen dead. About 15 ships are expected to take part in the mission, although organizers, speaking after a meeting in Athens on Monday, declined to give an exact number due to security considerations.Israel has appealed to the UN and European nations to stop the flotilla. Organizers, which include activists from a number of countries including several European nations, US and Turkey, said they were determined to continue with the convoy, despite last May’s fatal raid on Gaza-bound Turkish aid ship Mavi Marmara and the threat of new violence. “Now, on the eve of the second Freedom Flotilla 2 voyage, the Israeli government is threatening to attack us again. As occurred last year before the first Freedom Flotilla, Israeli leaders are busy developing an atmosphere of hostility that should leave no doubt as to their intentions if and when they illegally attack this civilian flotilla,” organizers said in a statement posted on their website.“Therefore, we are calling on all our governments, the international community and the United Nations not to succumb to Israel’s intimidation. Governments need to fulfill their ‘responsibility to protect’ their own citizens. The threats against the Flotilla are not just at sea, but also in our home countries, as Israeli agencies are targeting individual groups and personalities,” read the statement.Organizers added that Freedom Flotilla 2 partners will go to the European Parliament in early May for meetings with members of European Parliament as well as the UN and other international bodies to present Freedom Flotilla 2’s goals. Organizers statements came as Israel urged European states to stop their nationals participating in the flotilla. On Monday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu appealed for action from EU ambassadors in Jerusalem during a meeting with them. “This flotilla must be stopped,” he told ambassadors.Participants in the Freedom Flotilla 2 convoy will include Turkish, Algerian, Scottish, Spanish, Dutch, Irish, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian, Jordanian, Malaysian, Indonesian, Swiss, US, Canadian, British and French nationals, and include lawmakers and journalists.Turkish charity Humanitarian Relief Foundation (İHH), which owned the Mavi Marmara, said its activists will be among the passengers of the Freedom Flotilla 2, although it plans to send a separate convoy, whose flag ship will again be the Mavi Marmara, after Turkey’s parliamentary elections on June 12. “Our activists will join the European convoy but our own convoy will head to Gaza after the elections,” İHH spokesman Salih Bilici told Today’s Zaman in a phone interview on Tuesday.In Athens, a Freedom Flotilla 2 organizer suggested that the two convoys could unite. “We are seriously considering the Turkish elections and we are examining whether to depart after the elections so that we could start our mission as a big and strong convoy,” Vaggelis Pissias, a Greek organizer, was quoted as saying by private news agency Cihan at the press conference in Athens on Monday.“Preparations are on track, adequate conditions for the departure of the ships will be met by the end of May,” Pissias added.Hmmmm.....How long would it take to lay a minefield at sea?Read the full story here.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Deja vu all over again: Obama stringing Israel along.Jennifer Rubin is seriously concerned at the games that the Obama administration is playing with Israel.Beginning last Thursday I started questioning the State Department. Could its spokesman confirm that the U.S. would oppose a proposal for a ’67 border settlement, given Israel’s categorical statements that such borders would not be defensible? Could the administration confirm it would oppose and seek to block moves by the U.N. or Quartet to recognize a Palestinian state unilaterally (i.e., not as a product of bilateral negotiations)? These are not hard questions, and the fact that the administration would face questioning is an indication of how strained the U.S.-Israeli relationship has become.Likewise on the House side, members of both parties are nervous that the administration is playing this too cute by half. A congressional aide to a key Democrat on Israel???? tells me, “The administration ought to remember where Congress is on this issue. The fact that they insist on continuing to go out of their way to upset many of their key supporters in Congress is baffling.” He noted this wasn't the first instance in which Israel has been strung along. He recalled, “As with the U.S. veto at the U.N. in February, the administration seems to be interested in repeating virtually every political and diplomatic mistake that led up to that vote. I assume they’re going to do the right thing, but it would be nice if they didn’t make us hold our breath for so long.”The administration's treatment of Israel reflects a genuine ambivalence. Obama really would like to abandon Israel and so would most of his advisers.Hmmmm.....Israel and the Jewish people have nothing to fear but Barack HUSSEIN Obama.Read the full story here.
- HT:TranslatingJihad.Women Learning to Drive--in Saudi?!Translated from Dar al-Hayat, 8 April 2011: Women Are Learning to Drive Near the King Fahd Airport in Dammam.Muhammad al-Dawud.Hundreds of cars, the majority of them four-wheel drive, on the weekend head towards the road that leads to the King Fahd International Airport west of the city of Dammam. Most of them do not intend to travel, whether inside the country or outside of it, nor do they intend to meet travelers. Most of their drivers do not go to the reception area, but instead turn off to the right a few kilometers before arriving at the airport, to a sandy area with many dunes. This sandy eastern area outside the airport has been converted into an "open square" for teaching driver's education. Most of the students are Saudi women.It is noteworthy that some of the girls, who go to the "Airport Dunes" weekly, have surpassed the basic driving stage, and have reached the point where they are learning advanced techniques such as drifting. The number of those interested in driving at the dunes has greatly increased recently, especially after the return of many female students who had been sent abroad for study. The circumstances of their daily life (outside Saudi) required them to learn to drive, which has led them to want to practice here, "Fearing that we would forget what we had learned, and also in preparation for us making the attempt, in the event that we are officially allowed to drive soon," according to 'Abir Musa, who returned a few months ago from the United States.'Abir did not hesitate to insist on daily practice, convincing her husband of the need to "Drive the car any way possible." She stressed that she had learned to drive during her academic studies in the United States, with encouragement from her husband. However, he "was reluctant to agree to my driving in the Kingdom. He only agreed on condition that I drive in areas far away from the main roads, fearing that people he knows would see me and he would feel embarrassed, in addition to his fear that I would be stopped by security officials."Read the full story here.
- HT:BigPeace.REVEALED: California Teachers Association Union Planning Takeover of State Capitol Building Next Month.Documents call for takeover of Capitol, using kids and taxpayer-funded public classrooms for protest activities, controversial “secondary boycott” tactics The California Teachers Association is preparing for Wisconsin-type activities aimed at forcing the legislature to pass tax increases on Californians in a series of actions planned for next month culminating in a takeover of the State Capitol.Many of the steps outlined in CTA plans include the use of students, taxpayer-funded public school facilities to which the union has access, and highly controversial “secondary boycott” tactics that involve targeting businesses in the districts of legislators who refuse to accede to union demands.The union is conducting its actions in support of taxes under the guise of a “State of Emergency.”Our team believes the true “state of emergency” is in public education’s crushing bureaucracy, lack of choices and options offered to parents, and bizarre union-supported work rules that produce phenomena like New York City’s infamous “Rubber Room” where the city’s worst teachers go because they can’t be fired.Union officials were clearly caught off guard today when our team circulated links to the union’s plans, which were posted on a non-descript website online.Hmmmm.....If you want to destroy America would you do anything different?Read the full story here.
- HT:CNET.Democratic senator wants Internet sales taxes.A Democratic senator is preparing to introduce legislation that aims to end the golden era of tax-free Internet shopping. The proposal--expected to be made public soon after Tax Day--would rewrite the ground rules for Internet and mail order sales by eliminating the ability of Americans to shop at Web sites like Amazon.com and Overstock.com without paying state sales taxes. Dick Durbin of Illinois, the second most senior Senate Democrat, will introduce the bill after the Easter recess, a Democratic aide told CNET.Making matters more difficult for the pro-tax forces is the decision by Rep. William Delahunt, a Massachusetts Democrat, not to run for reelection last year. Delahunt was probably Congress' most enthusiastic proponent of Internet sales taxes, and it's not clear a Republican-controlled House will be as eager to embrace the idea. One early indication: Rep. Dan Lungren, a California Republican, introduced legislation in February saying that allowing states to levy "onerous and burdensome sales tax collecting schemes on Internet-enabled small businesses that do not even reside in their state would adversely impact hundreds of thousands of jobs." Former GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul is one of the sponsors. The Direct Marketing Association, which sued Colorado last year to block a state tax law from taking effect, is preparing to rally opposition to Durbin's legislation. "You're just giving the states a blank check to make changes without any congressional oversight," says Jerry Cerasale, the DMA's senior vice president for government affairs. "We oppose that...We think that's abrogating the authority of Congress."Support for Durbin's forthcoming legislation is likely to come from the Alliance for Main Street Fairness and like-minded companies including Wal-Mart and Best Buy. "Big box stores love to mobilize smaller booksellers to complain about competing with Amazon," says Steve DelBianco, executive director of the NetChoice coalition, which counts eBay, Overstock.com, and Yahoo as members. "The irony is that those small booksellers have been clobbered by big box stores. The Internet's their friend."Read the full story here.
- HT:Memri.Salafi-Jihadists to Jordanian Authorities: We Have Masses of People Willing to Martyr Themselves in Jordan.Last week, senior leaders of the Salafi-jihadist movement in Jordan threatened to hold a sit-down demonstration today, April 11, in Gamal 'Abd Al-Nasser Square (also called Al-Dakhiliyya Square) in central Amman, and to intensify their protest in other ways, unless the authorities released four activists from the movement who were recently arrested. The four are 'Abd Al-Nasser Khamaysa, Mustafa 'Abd Al-Latif, Muhammad Abu 'Omar, and Furas Al-Na'lawi. The movement's spokesmen even explicitly warned that the "storm of jihad" would reach Jordan.Abu Muhammad Al-Tahawi: The State Knows that When the Salafi-Jihadis Say Something, They Mean It.Sa'd Al-Hunaiti: "Those Who Freed These Detainees Can Also Free the Other Prisoners Who Were Arrested in the Service of the U.S. and Israel"Hmmmm......Abdullah's father would have dealth with them in a very swift way.Read the full story here.
- HT:SultanKnish.From an Arab Spring to a Muslim Winter.The Communists wanted to turn every country in the world into communists, the Muslims want to turn every nation Islamic, and we want to turn them all into Democrats. Our national passion for democracy long ago overshot baseball, football, horse racing and billiards. Lately even our wars have turned into perverse democracy crusades. But the tonic of democracy does not cure all ills. And like most medicines, it is quite poisonous when used against the doctor's instructions.Lately some of us have gotten caught up in the idea that the Arabs have finally become just as passionate about democracy as us. But where we have come to value democracy as an end, their passion is for democracy as a tool of change, a means, not an end. Even the most devout Mahmoud, his scraggly beard caught in the pages of the Koran, blesses democracy as Halal, so long as it ushers in the rule of the devout. What matter if the Caliphate of the 12th Imam comes by way of a lottery, inherited monarchy or the ballot box-- so long as it comes.The noble clause of democracy is that it makes government in the image of men, rather than men in the image of governments. And our own government practices a perversely cynical view of its own citizens-- and an even more perversely idealistic one of Muslims. The American people are not ready for self-government, they insist, but the Egyptians are. And now as ice forms on the petals of their Arab Spring, they are about to learn once again that in a Muslim winter, democracy is the temperature at which freedom freezes.Read the full story here.
- HT:IslamIneurope.Poland: Grand Mufti declares suicide bombings ‘haram’, offers to mediate in Pakistan.Poland: Grand Mufti declares suicide bombings ‘haram’, offers to mediate in Pakistan.I think this is the first time that a European Muslim says radicalism and terrorism in the Muslim world should be dealt with since they reflect back on European Muslims. Or in other words, that Muslim terrorism is cause for 'Islamophobia'.Mufti Tomasz Miskiewicz, head of the Muslim Religious Union (MRU) in Poland, visited Pakistan from April 4-10. The Mufti, who graduated from the Institute of Teaching Arabic Language for Foreigners and studied Theology at Islamic University of Madina in Saudi Arabia, met Pakistani officials and delivered lectures at the International Islamic University and Quaid-i-Azam University in Islamabad during his stay.He was accompanied by his wife, who is the project manager of the MRU and accompanies him on his official visits.She speaks fluent English and was charming and friendly, answering questions and giving information that was very helpful in getting to know the Muslim community in her country.After being introduced by Dr. Andrezej Ananicz, the new ambassador of Poland, briefing media persons about the visit of Mufti Miskiewicz, said he had a fruitful visit and exchanged views with various scholars and heads of religious institutions. In reply to questions by media persons, he said suicide bombings were ‘haram’ because suicide was forbidden in Islam and killing innocent persons a crime.He said he has offered to play the role of a mediator between religious extremists and authorities in Pakistan. He believes extremist violence in Pakistan is giving a bad name to Muslim minorities in Europe.Hmmmm...."A Light in the darkness"?Read the full story here.
- 'Make jihad with me': The all-American high school class president who went from sweet home Alabama to rapping for Al Qaeda.Officials believed he was killed in combat in Mogadishu in february.
Two Jihadist rap videos suggest otherwise.
Government officials say they have never had an American citizen rise to this kind of rank in a terrorist organisation before.
Details emerge about his Christian all-American up-bringing when he was the most popular student in school.
A trip to Damascus changed everything and he converted to Islam.
Six weeks ago there were claims he was dead. Now an American jihadist climbing the ranks in Somalia's deadliest militant group appears to have resurfaced.And he's released two new rap videos to prove it. In the videos, posted on a jihadist website this weekend, the Alabama-born Omar Hammami raps that he wants to die a martyr.In two songs entitled 'Send me a cruise (missile)' and 'Make jihad with me', he taunts the West in a toneless drone and calls on other young Americans like him to rise up and join the jihad. Hammami, who grew up in the middle-class town of Daphne, Alabama, is the most high-profile American member of the Al Qaeda-linked Al Shabbab. He joined the militant group in 2007, when he was in his early 20s, taking on the nom de guerre Abu Mansur al Amriki, or 'the American'.In late February it was rumoured that he had been killed in heavy fighting in Mogadishu. Last month Somalia's defence minister told The Associated Press that intelligence reports indicated that Hammami may have been killed during the anti-insurgent offensive. But the minister said the reports weren't confirmed. U.S. intelligence still suspected that Hammami was alive. The new videos seem to prove it. In them, however, he appears to yearn for death.'There's nothing as sweet as the taste of a tank shell,' he says in one song, according to a transcription by the website The Long War Journal. 'It was a beautiful day, when that predator paradise missile sent me on my way.'Last year in emails he wrote on an internet forum, he said they would obey all the commands given to them by Bin Laden and confirmed that 'America was an obvious target' for them.Hmmm.....Lets hope America deals with him swiftly.Read the full story here.
- Oil to stay above $100 - $ 110 for 6 months.High crude prices to boost Saudi growth, says study.Oil prices are expected to remain above $100 a barrel because of regional turbulence and this will boost growth prospects in Saudi Arabia, according to a survey of business leaders in the Gulf Kingdom.While the improvement is tempting local firms to suspend a freeze on hiring plans, instability has triggered investment uncertainty and is pushing business leaders to shun equity and turn to cash and bonds for investment, showed the survey conducted by Banque Saudi Fransi (BSF).“Regional political instability has had the dual effect of bolstering Saudi Arabia’s economic condition by driving up oil prices and stirring uncertainty among investors… company managers revealed in the Q2 2011 BSF Business Confidence Index that they are more bullish about the future performance of the broader economy as well as their own businesses as oil prices above $100 a barrel assure that the economic recovery is on firm footing,” it said.“For the first time in four quarters, a majority of business leaders expect to hire more staff, and the ratio that expect to raise investments in production capacity has risen consistently for the past six quarters…..when it comes to charting out their business plans, therefore, businesses operating in Saudi Arabia are much more optimistic than they were just six months ago.”The survey showed oil prices are likely to continue trading above $100 for the next six months, boding well for an upturn in the Saudi economy that would have “knock-on” benefits for sales and profits of businesses operating in the kingdom.Yet regional political uncertainty appears to have upset the risk appetite of Saudi Arabia’s business leaders, who have considerably altered their investment strategies to reduce their exposure to more volatile asset classes, BSF chief economist John Sfakianakis said in the survey, sent to Emirates 24l7.It showed all 831 respondents to the survey expect oil prices to remain above $100 a barrel for the coming two quarters, including around 76 per cent supposing prices will stay above $110 a barrel.Hmmmm.....What did i say last year,lets see once Iran is chairman of the Opec!Read the full story here.
- HT:Memri.Bahai Spokesman: Iranian Regime's Persecuting Us.World Bahai organization spokesman Farhad Sabetan says that the Iranian regime is damaging Baha'i homes and cemeteries in the country, ejecting Baha'i students from universities, arresting Baha'is, and stripping them of their right to earn a living. He noted as an example the recent harsher sentence of 20 years' imprisonment for seven leaders of the Baha'i community in Iran, and said that the regime was keeping more than 80 Baha'is in prisons because of their faith, citing security reasons.Source.
- HT:Aina.France Enables an Islamist Takeover of Ivory Coast.Ironically, on the very day that France’s law banning the wearing of full-face coverings went into effect, French military forces helped Muslims add another country in Africa to their growing Caliphate – the Ivory Coast.The French, the former colonial rulers in the Ivory Coast, forced the surrender of former president Laurent Gbagbo to forces loyal to president-elect Alassane Ouattara, who the international community had recognized as the victor in last year’s presidential election.Ouattara is a Muslim, who prevailed in this election over his Christian opponent Gbagbo on the strength of masses of illegal immigrants who had emigrated over the last several decades from the neighboring Muslim states of Burkina Faso, Mali and Guinea. It is estimated that nearly one fifth of the 21 million people now living in Ivory Coast are illegal immigrants, most of whom are Muslims.What was once a prosperous Christian country, viewed as a haven of peace and prosperity in the West Africa region, and home to the region's largest cathedral, was overrun in the north with an influx of illegal immigrants that divided the country. Before exploiting this influx to help achieve victory in last year’s election, the increasing number of Muslims in the north had previously tried to seize power militarily nearly ten years ago in the economic center of the country, Abidjan. They were defeated there, but other Muslim troops took control across the north, helping to destabilize a now divided nation. Ouattara took advantage of the chaos and dissatisfaction in the north to mobilize his supporters for his election victory, which the international community ratified.One might think that Gbagbo’s surrender was a good thing, ending a bloody civil war and allowing the democratically elected president to be able to assume office while the strong man standing in his way is in custody to face justice.However, as bad as Gbagbo’s forces behaved in attacking his own citizens to hold on to power, Outtara’s forces also behaved badly. Human Rights Watch claimed last weekend that forces loyal to Ouattara had killed hundreds of civilians, raped more than twenty women and girls and burned at least 10 villages in the western part of the Ivory Coast.Moreover, it is what Ouattara’s rule is likely to introduce to the Ivory Coast that should be of real concern.The Islamists want to revive what they claim was originally an Islamic emirate in the Ivory Coast. Perhaps the French, who enabled the Muslims to assume power, should have read the website of Islamic Revival to understand what may be in store. According to this website, the Ivory Coast is “an Islamic country with a Muslim majority” that was once “an Islamic emirate which implemented the Islamic Shari’ah” until the French colonized the country.But the Islamists are confident in their ultimate victory, as the Islamic Revival website attests : The Ivory Coast like other Muslim countries awaits the establishment of the Khilafah [Caliphate] State to liberate it from the strongholds of the kuffar [non-believer] colonialists and make it a part and province of the Khilafah State, this is not a tall order for Allah.The Islamic vision of a Caliphate is spreading in Africa, beyond Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia in North Africa. The BBC has reported, for example, that President Omar al-Bashir of Sudan has announced plans to make Sharia law the "law of the land" in his country. The president has been quoted by BBC as saying that, "Sharia and Islam will be the main source for the constitution, Islam the official religion and Arabic the official language."Kenya has recently instituted a shariah compliant constitution.Now, the Ivory Coast is about to follow.Hmmmm......Thank you Hussein for the 'Change'.Read the full story here.
- HT:AmericanThinker.The Keystone of the Islamic Milieu: Inbreeding.The darkest hour is just before dawn. A huge swath of this planet, from the Straits of Gibraltar to the Philippine Sea, has been held in a synthetic, forced nightfall for nearly fourteen centuries. But the sunrise is coming, it is coming sooner rather than later, and this light will be the life of men.Everywhere in the western world, people look at the savage violence that is a daily occurrence in the Muslim world and shake their heads in stunned disbelief. A pastor of a very small Christian flock in Florida burns a Koran. Weeks later at literally the global antipode, Muslim imams drive through neighborhoods in a vehicle with loudspeakers attached, calling the townsfolk to riot. The townsfolk respond, and before it is all over, at least 22 innocent people are dead at the hands of these townsfolk, with at least two of them beheaded. How is this possible? How can this be? How can human behavior and culture be so monstrously different? Is this difference attributable to nothing more than environmental nurture theory?No. There is something else. There is a catalyst -- absent in every other culture on earth -- that has poisoned the cultural soil, thus yielding the fruit of bad harvest for nearly 1,400 years. That catalyst is inbreeding. As a direct result, the Muslim population is mentally developmentally disabled on a mass scale.All human cultures display strict prohibitions against inbreeding and consanguineous marriage. Incest is a universal taboo. This is a transcendent anthropological fact. As a Roman Catholic, I attribute this to what is called "The Natural Law." Every human person without exception is created by God with a deep, innate knowledge of good and evil, right and wrong. Stabbing someone in the neck for no reason whatsoever is just as wrong here in Lone Tree, Colorado as it is in the Amazon basin, as it is on the high plateaus of Mongolia.Marrying your first cousin is the genetic equivalent of marrying your half-sibling. Think of your own family. Let's say your dad has a sister, who is "Aunt Linda" to you. Your dad and Aunt Linda, being full siblings, have exactly the same genetic constitution. Their family trees prior to their generation are identical. Therefore, if Aunt Linda has any children, who are your first cousins, they are, in genetic terms, 50% identical to you. You share one of your two genetic constituencies with your cousins, thus making them genetically the same as a half-sibling would be.Muslim men are never, ever allowed to be around, see, converse with or otherwise interact with any females outside of their families. However, they are permitted to act as chaperones for their female first cousins. If your first cousin is the only person of the opposite sex you ever get to interact with, is it any surprise that Muslims are marrying their first cousins more as the rule than as the exception?According to the BBC, 55% of Pakistani-Britons are married to a first cousin, and as a corollary to that produce "just under a third" of all children in the UK with genetic illnesses, despite being only 3% of the total births. As a direct result of inbreeding, the Muslim population is the only population on earth that is mentally and physically devolving. This inherent weakness makes Muslim populations more susceptible to nefarious, oppressive leadership and mass manipulation. The amount of objective evidence supporting this statement is colossal and obvious.But there is hope. All is not lost. In my education in animal husbandry, I was keenly interested in my genetics classes. One of the key concepts in farm animal genetics is "hybrid vigor." This is the genetic principle which states that the crossbreeding of two genetically diverse plants or animals of the same species yields offspring of increased vigor and other superior qualities. All plants and animals have been designed to "bring out the best in themselves," and our DNA has built-in fail-safes to edit and correct any flaws which creep into our DNA over time. Given this, if the people now living under the fist of Islam are finally freed and can court and love and marry whomever they choose, thus reopening the genetic pool, this will allow hybrid vigor to cleanse and restore to full health their populations.". . . et lux in tenebris lucet et tenebrae eam non conprehenderunt."And the light shines in the darkness and the darkness did not comprehend it.Read the full story here.
- HT:TranslatingJihad.Al-Qaradawi: "The Christian Will Reach an Understanding With His Muslim Brother to Choose a Muslim President".Translated from an excerpt of an interview with Shaykh Yusuf al-Qaradawi, the spiritual leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, posted on his website 7 April 2011.
Q: Would you accept the next president of Egypt being a Christian or secularist?
A: I think that this question is unrealistic, for we suppose that the era of election fraud has passed, never to return. But if the elections were free and clean, then it would be logical and natural for the president of Egypt to be a practicing Muslim, not a secularist or a Christian. This is because the majority of the people are practicing Muslims, and would not choose secularism, because secularism is, as Dr. Muhammad al-Bahi said: "Belief in part of the Qur'an, and disbelief [kufr] in part of it." In this era of revolution, the Christian will reach an understanding with his Muslim brother to choose a Muslim president. For the president in Islam is the Imam who leads the people in prayer, and is the teacher in the mosque, and guardian of the entire nation--both Muslims and Christians--according to the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Messenger. [The Muslim] is more fit for the presidency than the secularist, and more concerned for the religion and life of the Christians.Hmmmm.....The people the Obama regime pledged 1,57 Billion dollar to in 2012.Read the full story here.
- Are these nails from the crucifixion? Investigator claims 2,000-year-old relics were used to fix Jesus to the cross.These are the two nails used to crucify Jesus, an investigator has claimed after they were discovered in a 2,000-year-old tomb in Jerusalem.The tiny relics, which are around two inches long, were first found in 1990 in an ancient Jerusalem grave said to belong to Caiaphas - the Jewish high priest who sent Jesus to the cross. But shortly after the excavation, the tomb was resealed and the artefacts mysteriously disappeared - until now.In a new documentary, The Nails Of The Cross, Simcha Jacobovici claims that he tracked down the remains to the laboratory in Tel Aviv of an anthropologist who is an expert on ancient bones.However, his dramatic revelations have been met with a cool response from scholars and experts who have dismissed him as a publicity seeker.The film begins by revisiting the burial place hailed by many at the time as the burial place of Caiaphas, who in the New Testament presides over the trial of Jesus.The grave, along with a number of ossuaries - or bone boxes - was uncovered during construction work on a hillside a few kilometres south of the Old City.Caiaphas is a major figure in the Gospels, having sent Jesus to the Romans and on to his death, and one of Jacobovici's assertions is that the high priest did not deserve such a bad reputation.Two iron nails were found in the tomb - one on the ground and one actually inside an ossuary - and, according to the film, disappeared shortly after.Jacobovici says that because Caiaphas is so closely linked to the crucifixion, he believes the nails found in his tomb will be shown to belong to Jesus.The Israel Antiquities Authority, which oversaw the Jerusalem excavation, said in reaction to the film's release that it had never been proven beyond doubt that the tomb was the burial place of Caiaphas. It also said that nails are commonly found in tombs.'There is no doubt that the talented director Simcha Jacobovici created an interesting film with a real archaeological find at its centre, but the interpretation presented in it has no basis in archaeological findings or research,' it said.A relic claimed to be a thorn from Jesus' crown will go on display at the British museum later this year.The Crown of Thorns plundered in the Fourth Crusade, sold to French royalty and has spent the past 200 years in safekeeping at a British public school.Hmmmm......Relics used to be big business in medieval times.Read the full story here.