Wednesday, April 13, 2011
- Live broadcast info from Japan directly ! Here.
- Libya Live Blog - April 13. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world increased seismic activity in Japan today between 4.5 and 5.4! More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 84.On 12.04.2011 at 02:59 GMT+2. Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog
- HT:BigGovernment.Obama’s ‘Framework’ for Perpetual Deficits and Higher Taxes.Big Government has received an outline of President Obama’s ‘framework’ for reducing the federal budget deficit. The White House claims the ‘framework’ will trim $4 Trillion, over 12 years from the deficit.The President believes that we need a comprehensive, pro-growth economic strategy that invests in winning the future, lays the foundation for strong private-sector job growth and ensures that shared prosperity will keep the American dream alive for generations to come. A key component of that strategy must be a commitment to fiscal responsibility and to living within our means. Today, the President is laying out a comprehensive, balanced deficit reduction framework to cut spending, bring down our debt and increase confidence in our nation’s fiscal strength, while supporting our economic recovery and ensuring we are making the investments we need to win the future.Hmmmm....Call me old fashion but what interest me is what's the spending numbers for the next 12 years,considering the number of Trillions he adds in a year to the US debt?Read the full story here.
- HT:Politico.Most 'transparant' administration White House visitor logs leave out many.A foot of snow couldn’t keep Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Jennifer Hudson and other celebrities away from a star-studded celebration of civil-rights-era music, hosted by President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama at the White House in February 2010.Dylan’s haunting rendition of “The Times They Are a-Changin’” was a highlight of the dazzling evening. The digitally friendly White House even posted the video of his performance on its website.But you won’t find Dylan (or Robert Zimmerman, his birth name) listed in the White House visitor logs — the official record of who comes to call at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., which is maintained by the Secret Service.Ditto Joan Baez.Similarly, the logs are missing the names of thousands of other visitors to the White House, including lobbyists, government employees, campaign donors, policy experts and friends of the first family, according to an investigation by the Center for Public Integrity.The White House website proudly boasts of making available “over 1,000,000 records of everyone who’s come through the doors of the White House” via a searchable database.Yet the Center’s analysis shows that the logs routinely omit or cloud key details about the identity of visitors, whom they met with and the nature of their visits. The logs even include the names of people who never showed up. These are critical gaps that raise doubts about the records’ historical accuracy and utility in helping the public understand White House operations, from social events to meetings on key policy debates.
Among the many weaknesses found by the Center’s review of the database:
• The “event” description in the logs is blank for more than 205,000 visits, including many that involved small meetings with the president and his key aides.
• Five junior staff aides together received more than 4,440 visits. By contrast, then-chief of staff Rahm Emanuel, famed for his workaholic schedule, is listed as having fewer than 500 visits.
• Less than 1 percent of the estimated 500,000 visits to the White House in Obama’s first eight months — a time when the new administration was bustling with activity — have been disclosed, according to the Center’s analysis.The Center’s analysis is based on visitor logs through February; additional names released in late March are not included in this analysis. “If this is transparency, who needs it?” said Steven Aftergood, director of the project on government secrecy at the Federation of American Scientists. He called the White House visitor logs “very thin gruel.”Hmmmm.....For all i know even Osama Bin Laden could be visiting Hussein and staying in the guestroom?Read the full story here.
- Iran benefits from regional turmoil as price of oil soars.At the same time, Hezbollah is concerned with the ongoing protests in Syria and the possibility that President Bashar Assad will lose power.According to foreign reports, Syria is storing an unspecified number of long-range Scud missiles inside a base near the Syrian-Lebanese border. Other reports have mentioned that Syria is also storing advanced surface-to-air missiles on Hezbollah’s behalf.Iran is believed to still be suffering from technical setbacks due to the Stuxnet computer virus that attached its Natanz uranium fuel enrichment facility over the summer but has gotten most of its program back on track.According to assessments within the defense establishment, Iran’s current strategy is to prepare all of its nuclear assets for the day that it will decide to go to the breakout stage and begin developing a nuclear weapon.Hmmmm......Read the full story here.
- Top White House aide delivers Obama letter to Saudi king.A top White House aide delivered a personal letter from President Obama to Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah on Tuesday, as the administration moved to calm tensions between the two countries over how to respond to upheaval in the Arab world and deal with their mutual adversary in Iran.The stakes are high for both sides, perhaps higher for Obama.
Saudi Arabia, in addition to being the world’s largest oil exporter and the site of the Muslim world’s holiest sites, is the leading U.S. regional partner on counterterrorism matters. An extensive bilateral intelligence and law enforcement infrastructure has been established over the past decade. A pending $60 billion arms deal with the Saudis is the largest in U.S. history.Underlying the current tensions is Saudi Arabia’s long-standing concern that it “has been taken for granted by the United States,” said another member of the Shura, part of a group that visited Washington last week.
The Saudis consider themselves “the voice for moderation and stabilization in the Middle East,” he said, and resent the U.S. implication that the administration is more attuned to threats such as Iran, or that the Saudi monarchy needs to move toward its own reforms at a faster pace than it believes is wise or necessary.
Some foreign policy experts in this country agree that Obama needs to pay more attention to the relationship. The Saudi king needs to know “that the president will provide a secure safety net of support, rather than undermine him” in the event of trouble in the kingdom, Martin Indyk, the director of the Brookings Institution’s foreign policy program, wrote in The Washington Post early this week. Saudi uncertainty was reflected in a visit to Pakistan last month by Prince Bandar bin Sultan, the head of the Saudi National Security Council.But others are more dismissive of Saudi concerns. “Our friends are mad at us because we said Mubarak had to go,” Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) said Tuesday at the U.S.-Islamic Forum, a conference in Washington jointly sponsored by Brookings and the government of Qatar. “We didn’t say that . . . the Egyptian people did,” Kerry said. “We acknowledged a reality.”“For leaders worried about their regimes, royal families and governments,” Kerry said, “this is an opportunity to adjust to how they stay in power.”Hmmmm......C'Mon Abdul no hard feelings wasn't planning to stab you in the back down the road....well not right now perhaps later in an alley?Read the full story here.
- EU slaps sanctions on 32 Iranians over rights abuses.AFP LUXEMBOURG — The European Union imposed assets freezes and travel bans on 32 Iranian officials on Tuesday, saying they had been involved in human rights violations.British Foreign Secretary William Hague said on the sidelines of a meeting of European Union foreign ministers that the 27-nation bloc wanted to hit back at the "appalling human rights record of Iran."He denounced the jailing of Iranian opposition leaders, the detention of more journalists "than any other country in the world," and an "excessive use of the death penalty, often on vague charges."The EU "is agreeing today restrictive measures on 32 individuals in Iran we believe are responsible and instrumental in these policies," he said.The measures were decided at a meeting of EU foreign ministers in Luxembourg, following in the footsteps of the United States, which imposed similar sanctions in September 2010.The list of names will soon be made public in the EU Official Journal.The EU ministers had already agreed in principle to the sanctions in March, when they voiced concern about the "deterioration" of human rights in Iran.They also voiced alarm over the "dramatic increase in executions in recent months and the systematic repression of Iranian citizens."Iran has already been hit by a raft of sanctions imposed by the United Nations over its refusal to halt its controversial nuclear programme.The United States and the European Union added their own unilateral sanctions on top of the UN measures last year.The United States hit eight Iranian official with sanctions last year, including current and former ministers, accusing them of committing serious human rights violations during the disputed presidential elections of 2009.Read the full story here.
- Sweden Plans Deportation of Christian-Convert Imam.A former imam who converted to Christianity is facing extradition from Sweden to his native Iraq, where he may face imprisonment or death for his "apostasy" from Islam. . According to an article at Dagen.se (translated by Google): A former imam, who lives in Karlskoga and who converted to Christianity must be deported to Iraq, the Administrative Court of Appeal has decided. Bengt Sjoberg, local politician from Filipstad and heavily involved in refugee issues, said that the former Imam [had] been baptized in the Baptist church in Karlskoga and openly share[d] [his] faith with others. “This is absolutely horrible. This is a genuine conversion and many of us can testify that there is a man who lives as a Christian.”Given the latitude which has been shown by Western nations for generations in extending protection to individuals claiming sanctuary from the tyranny which would confront them at home, the decision of Swedish authorities to deport a man whose conversion would make him a target seems reckless. The bloody persecution which has been inflicted on the Church in Iraq in the past few years has driven much of the Christian remnant out of the country; even the homes of Christians in Baghdad were subjected to Jihadist attacks this past Christmas.According to an entry (“Mänskliga rättigheter, asylsökande och dop/Human rights, asylum seekers and baptism”) on Mr. Sjoberg’s website, the Church of Sweden is making the situation worse for converts because it is urging that those foreigners who become believers in Christianity should not be baptized, if there is a possibility they could be deported. As Mr. Sjoberg writes (again, via Google translation): It's good that the Swedish Church declares that it is dangerous to be a Christian if you come from certain countries such as Afghanistan and Iran.Certainly one of the most basic rights recognized in the West is the freedom of conscience in matters of religion. While Islamic nations threaten to execute those who "blaspheme" Islam, and Jihadists murder the only Christian in the Pakistani government, the moral obligation of Western nations is to protect immigrants from such nations as would imprison or murder them for their religious beliefs, as we once offered a measure of protection to those who fled from the Communist nations.It is not surprising that some of the recent émigrés from the Islam-dominated countries will come to the realization that they had previously been deceived regarding the nature of Christianity. Rev. Elijah Abraham, a former Muslim from Iraq who converted to Christianity, has a ministry, Living Oasis Ministries, which has as its goal bringing the Gospel to adherents of Islam. (Rev. Abraham was interviewed by The New American last year, and the first portion of that interview may be found here.) Rev. Abraham explained that his life as a Muslim in Iraq was one which was filled with hatred:
I grew up with hatred: hatred toward Christianity. I had a lot of Christian neighbors and friends and I loved them, but the Christians I could not separate from Christianity because my community and Islam told me I could not separate America from Christianity ... England from Christianity ... colonialism from Christianity. So that was the hatred — hatred toward the West — imperialism, capitalism, etc. — and hatred toward the Jews, and Israel, and Zionism. Nobody told me why I needed to hate. The culture of hate is just a way of life, and not just hatred toward Christians and Jews, but also toward other factions within Islam. There is no peace. There is this constant struggle, on a personal, community, or national level. That’s why it’s a really great opportunity to share the Gospel with Muslims, because as human beings we always want to have peace of mind. We always want to be at rest and ease. That’s the void that only God can fill. So it’s a great opportunity when I witness to Muslims and give them that option. Yes, they will give me typical Muslim objections to the Gospel, but I’m prepared to answer those questions.Such converts from Islam have a great deal to teach Christians in the West through their willingness to suffer for what they believe. As Sjoberg observes, “We never baptize someone who has not received proper training and if you come from a Muslim background you may be given a long time to think about the risks it entails to become a Christian and be baptized, [as you] may be deported to a country where capital punishment [is inflicted] on any converts. If you still stand fast in the desire to fully become a Christian, we can not deny anyone to make this powerful spiritual experience.”Hmmmm......Why not appeal to the Pope to put pressure on the Swedes?Read the full story here.
- The Obama Administration Embraces Radical Islamists.But the clueless Obama administration’s “faith advisor” Dahlia Mogahed is mimicking Alfred E. Neuman’s line in Mad Magazine: “What, Me Worry?According to a report on the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood website that has since been mysteriously removed, Ms. Mogahed, presumably reflecting the views of her boss, has reportedly said in a recent interview that Washington has no worries concerning the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.The news media – even Fox News – has dropped the ball in not covering this latest piece of evidence that the Obama administration is legitimizing our number one ideological enemy – radical Islam .In the interview, Obama’s faith advisor revealed that the Obama administration:
does not want to make an enemy of the Muslim Brotherhood and in fact respects them;
foresees the Muslim Brotherhood acquiring a majority of the seats in Egypt’s upcoming parliamentary election; andbelieves the relationship between the United States and an Egypt governed by a Muslim Brotherhood majority will be much more that of equals.Obama’s faith advisor did not stop there. In an article she posted on the Huffington Post website entitled “The Fruits of Faith in the Arab Spring,” Ms. Mogahed argued that Islam is playing a role in the Arab nation revolutions akin to the role that religious faith played for this country’s civil rights movement.She said that
Islam contains rich resources for liberation philosophy.
I highly doubt that the Iranian dissidents whom have been killed, beaten, arrested, and tortured at the behest of the oh-so-devout Islamic mullahs running the Islamic Republic of Iran would be impressed with Islam’s version of a “liberation philosophy.”That’s not all. Ms. Mogahed also claimed that Islamists’ rejection of any man-made law that conflicts with Allah’s law is a good thing : Its most central theological principle is that of God’s absolute oneness, meaning that only He is worthy of unquestioning obedience and submission, and only He should be truly feared. This focus on God’s glory minimizes the supposed supremacy of tyrants, making them seem miniscule and powerless. When protesters declare “God is greater,” they are saying that the Devine (sic) dominates the dictator.Hmmmm.....,A pitty her boss has a tendency to leave the word GOD out?Ah my mistake ....that's the Christian God.Read the full
- HT:Memri.Al-Azhar Sheikh: Pope's Apology A Condition For Interfaith Dialogue.As part of yesterday's Cairo visit by the Vatican envoy, Al-Azhar Sheikh Dr. Ahmad Al-Tayeb demanded an official apology from Pope Benedict XVI for his insult to Islam, calling it a basic condition for renewing the interfaith dialogue between the two institutions. Al-Azhar decided to freeze the dialogue with the Vatican in late January following Pope Benedict XVI's criticism of Muslims' treatment of Christians in the Middle East.Hmmm......My guess you got your answer a while back“Violence does not build up the kingdom of God, the kingdom of humanity. On the contrary, it is a favorite instrument of the Antichrist, however idealistic its religious motivation may be,” Pope Benedict XVI. Read the full story here.
- HT:BigPeace.Video - New Islamic Council Established In Spain.The plan is to subsidize the building of more mosques and Islamic schools. Goal is the “further integration of Islam into Spanish society.”Hmmmm....El.Cid planning to be re-burried at the vatican?Read and see the full story here.
- HT:Memri.GCC Countries Call For Cancelling Baghdad Summit.Bahraini Foreign Minister Sheikh Khalid bin Ahmad al-Khalifa is reported to have declared that the members of the Gulf Cooperation Council have demanded the cancellation of the Arab summit, which is set for Baghdad on May 10-11. The GCC's decision reflects the tension between the Gulf states and Iraq over the issue of Bahrain. Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki said on March 19 and reiterated on March 26 that "Bahrain differs from Libya and Egypt; it is a case between Sunnis and Shi'a and the entry of forces from Arab countries regarded as Sunni in support of the Sunni government of Bahrain has created a situation that appeared like Sunni mobilization against the Shi'a."Al-Maliki has warned of a sectarian regional war.Hmmmm.....Where does Sunni Turkey stand in all this?Read the full story here.
- Hmmmm....The US must bend to the will off the Muslim Brotherhood?Forum seeks more US action in Muslim world conflicts.The head of a global Islamic group called Tuesday for the United States to be more active in solving conflicts in the Muslim world, particularly the long-running dispute between Israelis and Palestinians.In a speech to open the U.S.-Islamic World Forum, Ekmeleddin İhsanoğlu, secretary-general of the Organization of the Islamic Conference, or OIC, said the Middle East peace process should be the cornerstone of U.S.-Muslim world relations and called on Washington to take a "more active role in seeking solutions to conflict-ridden situations in the Muslim world."The Muslim world has "seen improvements" in relations with the United States since President Barack Obama took office, said İhsanoğlu, but tensions between the two sides will persist if the Israel-Palestinian conflict is not resolved. "There are certain concerns – I should say certain grievances – concerning the Palestinian issue," İhsanoğlu told reporters."This should be addressed in a concrete way. Without addressing these issues properly, we will still find certain problems between the Muslim world and the United States," he said.Those parameters would include a reference to the borders that existed before the 1967 Six Day War, and the establishment of Jerusalem as the capital of both states. The Palestinians also want the quartet to issue a condemnation of continuing Israeli settlement expansion.On Tuesday, as the U.S.-Islamic World forum opened, diplomats at the United Nations said Washington had blocked a bid to break the deadlock in the Middle East peace process by not agreeing to a meeting in Berlin where Britain, France and Germany wanted to outline a settlement to the Israel-Palestinian conflict.Read the full story here.
- Women block road in Syria after hundreds arrested.Thousands of women staged a sit-in Wednesday on a main highway in northern Syria to demand the release of hundreds of people arrested in protests in the region, a rights activist said."More than 5,000 women are gathered on the main road linking the towns of Tartus and Banias to demand the release of hundreds of people arrested yesterday in Baida by security forces," Rami Abdel Rahman told Agence France-Presse."Dozens of people were arrested" in the nearby flashpoint town of Banias, said Abdel Rahman, who was speaking by telephone from London where his organization, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, is based.Syrian security forces closed the coastal town of Banias, 280 kilometers north of Damascus, and raked Baida with gunfire on Tuesday, witnesses told AFP by telephone.One witness said gunfire on Baida was "intense like rain" while another said Banias was "surrounded by tanks" and "like a prison" with no one able to go in or out of the town.Residents also complained of bread shortages and said shops and petrol stations were closed.The army has kept a stranglehold on Banias since Sunday, when regime agents opened fired on residents, particularly those in mosques, killing four people and wounding 17, according to witnesses.The official SANA news agency had said nine soldiers, including two officers, were killed on Sunday when their patrol was ambushed outside Banias.A human rights activist told AFP that the crackdown on Banias was "probably aimed at arresting" Anas al-Shuhri, one of the leaders of the pro-democracy protests.Read the full story here.
- Kerry: Obama wasted time on settlement freeze.Former Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry slams US president's 'wrong approach' to Israeli-Palestinian peace process.WASHINGTON – Chairman of the US Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Senator John Kerry (D), slammed Wednesday President Barack Obama's efforts to advance the Mideast peace process, saying he adopted "the wrong approach."Speaking at a Brookings' Saban Center for Middle East Policy conference, Kerry blamed Obama for "wasting" more that half of his presidential term by publicly demanding that Israel suspend all settlement expansion.Kerry, who has a 2004 presidential bid under his belt, served as a special envoy for the Obama Administration to Syria and Afghanistan. The senator explained his opposition to Obama's policy, saying he believes a plan involving public pressure was doomed to fail, and "unachievable." He went on to say that the American president's choice of action was the same as "putting the cart before the horses," adding the key to resolving the issue was reaching an agreement that clearly addresses security issues and borders. Kerry qualified his words, saying he did not believe this could be achieved at this point in time.Still, the Democratic senator added he had every faith that Washington would soon try to reignite the stalled peace process, likely during Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's visit to DC next month. Kerry added Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are likely to actively partake in the process and will do what they can to advance it before September – and the scheduled meeting of the United Nations General Assembly.The Palestinians intend to bring before the Assembly a proposal calling for UN recognition of a Palestinian state win line with the 1967 borders.Kerry added that he believed the Palestinian effort to unilaterally push the issue was "a mistake." He further warned Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas that such a move would be perilous. The US, he concluded, will make a true effort to stop things from spinning out of control.Hmmmmm.......Words come cheap these days.Read the full story here.
- Live broadcast info from Japan directly ! Here.
- Libya Live Blog - April 13. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world increased seismic activity in Japan today between 4.5 and 5.4! More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 84.On 12.04.2011 at 02:59 GMT+2. Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog
- HT:Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.Workers fear radioactive water spill at Fukushima.The Mainichi Daily News.13 April 2011.Nuke plant workers fear water poured on reactors could overflow and leak radiation.Emergency workers are fighting an uphill battle to contain one of the troubled nuclear reactors in northeastern Japan, as they cannot pour large amounts of water on it to cool it down for fear that it will be contaminated with radiation and overflow.It was discovered on April 13 that the temperature of water in the spent fuel pool of the No. 4 reactor at the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant had risen to 90 degrees Celsius. The level of radiation around the reactor is very high at 84 millisieverts per hour. Under normal conditions, the level of radiation is 0.0001 millisievert per hour, a level where people can walk by the pool with ordinary clothes on.The workers are unable to cool it down sufficiently because they are only pouring on an amount of water that evaporates from the fuel pool, to prevent it from overflowing. Therefore, they are in difficult dilemma.Of the 1,331 fuel assemblies stored in the pool of the No. 4 reactor, 548 are new and therefore they could generate more heat than ordinary spent nuclear fuel. Heated waste from the fuel is believed to have caused the fuel pool to boil, and exposed fuel rods in turn overheated. It is then believed that hydrogen was generated after the rods’ cladding tubes reacted with water and exploded four days after the March 11 disaster. The fuel rods were said to have stopped being exposed after receiving water supplied from concrete pumping trucks.The Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) used a remote control system to collect samples of water from the pool on April 12. At that time, the temperature of water in the pool was found to be 90 degrees Celsius against 84 degrees Celsius recorded on the eve of the hydrogen explosion. A high level of radiation — 100,000 times the normal level — was detected in the atmosphere about 6 meters above the fuel pool.The power company says the fuel was covered with water and not exposed. On the question of why the level of radiation was so high, the power firm said, “We think either the fuel in the pool was damaged or materials seeped out from the pressure vessel.” Based on that assumption, the power company is analyzing the ingredients of the radioactive materials.Concrete pumping trucks are currently being used to supply water to cool down the fuel pool, but if the amount of water is increased further, radioactive water will overflow, making it even more difficult to deal with the spread of contaminated water. In the meantime, as long as workers keep supplying only the amount of water that evaporates with the heated waste, they are not able to prevent the pool from boiling. “We want to restore the recirculating cooling system (using seawater), but we cannot do that because radiation in the reactor building is high,” said TEPCO executive Junichi Matsumoto.end quote.This is a technical issue complained bitterly about by opposing scientists over many decades, only to have the technical facts disputed by nuclear authorities. The so-called “nuclear age” is reduced to the sophiscation of concrete pumps and evaporation rates. Read the full story here.
- HT:Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.More disclosures of radionuclide contamination at Fukushima – including Sr89.Update from Dr. Saji- former Secretariat of Japan’s Nuclear Safety Commission.Last Update: 9 April 2011. Dear Colleagues : 27th day!
I. Stop that leak?
After the successful operation performed yesterday, the sea water sampling at the sea water discharge inlet reduced down to 5700 Bq/cm3, a factor of 50 decrease from the value of samples taken on April 2. Likewise, Cs-137 concentration was 3200 Bq/cm3. These values indicate that the leakage from the pit to the sea water was stopped.
It was reported yesterday that the water level in the trench of 1F2 has increased by 5 cm, however, it went back to the original level on the morning of April 7. This may indicate that the water leaking from the basement of the turbine hall of 1F2 found its way to the trench. TEPCO is keeping a close eye on the water level, as well as possible leak to other locations.Read the full story here.
- HT:BeforeitisNews.Obama's 1890 SS number traced to a dead man in Honolulu,HI !
This is what we know so far. We get more info on Jean Paul Ludwig, who was born in 1890, had CT SSN obtained in 1976 and died in HI around 1981. There are 2 SS numbers for him and records show him dying in 2 different states: CA and HI around 1981.The reason this is important, is because there is a similar fact pattern to Obama. Barack Obama is residing today in the White House, using CT SS number 042-68-4425, issued in CT in and around March 1977 to an elderly individual named John Paul Ludwig, who was born in 1890, who is presumed dead and whose death was either never reported to the SS administration or reported and deleted from the database by someone.
Obama’s maternal grandmother Madelyn Dunham, worked as a part-timer or volunteer in the Probate Office in the Honolulu Hawaii Courthouse. Thus she would have access to the estate files of anyone who died there. Thus if the elderly man originally from CT died intestate in Hawaii with no known relatives, Grandma Dunham would have known this person is a prime candidate to steal the SSN of since there would be no known surviving family worrying about the death benefit from SSN and that the benefit was not likely applied for and thus SSA did not know he died. Thus the SSN remained active for the deceased person and Obama could “adopt” it as his own. This is a clear case of identity theft at the federal level.
This is what we know about Ludwig:
In 1924, Jean Paul Ludwig worked for Senator Reed of PA, in Washington DC.On the ship manifest of ‘Leviathan’, he listed Senator Reed in Washington, DC as his empl., in answer to where he intended to live in the US.Jean Paul Ludwig had been in the US for 3 yrs in 1924, but he was listed on the “Immigration” manifest and refered to as an alien in the column headings.Listed under “States Immigration Officer at Port of Arrival”, New York, Aug 12, 1924:
Jean Paul Ludwig, Date of Arrival: Aug 12, 1924, Port of Departure:
Cherbourg, France, Line#: 0008
Line #8: By Whom was Passage Paid: Emp. Mr. Reed; Whether in possession of $50: Yes; Whether ever before in US: Yes; If Yes-Period of Years: 3; Where: PA
Whether going to join relative or friend: Empl. Senator Reed, Washingto, DC
Length of time alien intends to remain in the US: Always
Height 5′5″, Complexion Dk., Hair Br., Eyes Br., Marks of ID: None
Place of Birth: France, Ammersville.[www.ellisisland.org]
First Name: Jean P.
Last Name: Ludwig
Last Place of Residence: Washington, D.C.
Date of Arrival: Aug 12, 1924
Age at Arrival: 34 Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Leviathan
Port of Departure: Cherbourg, France
Manifest Line Number: 0008
U.S. Social Security Death Index
Name: Jean Ludwig
Birth Date: 17 February 1890
Zip Code of Last Residence: 96816 (Honolulu,HI)
Death Date: June 1981 , Estimated Age at Death: 91
Hmmmm......This would correspond with the claim that Barack Hussein Obama is none other than Barry Soetoro who never changed his name to B.H.Obama!Read the full story here.More here.
- Belarus questions dissidents in subway bombing.MINSK, Belarus – Authorities in Belarus rounded up dissidents across the country Wednesday for questioning in the Minsk subway bombing after the president declared that his political opponents might know who "ordered the attack."In a televised statement Wednesday, President Alexander Lukashenko said two suspects have confessed to carrying out the subway attack but said authorities still did not know the mastermind behind the bombing.The authoritarian president said he has asked the prosecutor general to interrogate leading opposition figures in connection with the blast "regardless of democracy, and cries and wailing of foreign sufferers.""Maybe those politicians from the fifth column will open their cards and show who ordered it," he said.Human rights activists said prosecutors were summoning opposition activists from all over for interrogations."Authorities clearly want to use the attack to boost their control over society and carry out new repressions," said Valentina Stefanovich of Vesna, a human rights center.Lukashenko, dubbed "Europe's last dictator" by the West, had already launched a massive crackdown on opposition members in Belarus after widespread protests erupted over the December presidential election. Lukashenko was declared the overwhelming winner of that vote, which international observers strongly criticized and opponents said was rigged.Belarus is going through a severe economic crisis with hard currency reserves running critically low. People have been waiting in daylong lines to exchange Belarusian rubles for euros and dollars, fearing a likely devaluation of the national currency."Lukashenko needs to find a scapegoat for the disastrous situation in the country," said former presidential candidate Grigory Kostusev, who was jailed during the December rally. He was released after signing an agreement not to leave the country and is now facing 15 years in prison for staging the rally."With the economic collapse looming, Lukashenko is trying to make the most of it — consolidate the public opinion by offering it a theory about foreign enemies from Strasbourg who colluded with opposition," said independent political analyst Alexander Sosnov.Hmmmm.......Why do i keep having the Gut feeling that it might be Luka himself who arranged the bombing?Yes probably Luka was right the explosives came out of a government ammo depot?Read the full story here.
Minsk Metro blast solved – Belarusian president.The President of Belarus Aleksandr Lukashenko has announced that the case of the terror attack in the Minsk Metro on Monday has been solved and those responsible for it detained. “The detainees have admitted not only committing the metro attack, they are also responsible for terror attacks on Independence Day (2008) and in Vitebsk (2005),” Lukashenko claimed Wednesday. “We still do not know why they carried out the attack, but we will get to know it soon,” he added. The Belarusian president vowed that "the villains will face the toughest punishment" and urged security forces to stay on high alert following Monday’s bombing.Hmmmm.....Major crackdown on opposition in one...two....?Read the full story here.
- SPIEGEL Interview with NATO Head Rasmussen'There Is No Military Solution to the Libya Conflict'.Even after weeks of NATO air strikes, the conflict in Libya appears no closer to being resolved. SPIEGEL spoke with NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen about whether bombs can lead to democracy, the possibility of Libya becoming a failed state and Germany's reluctance to get involved.Read the full story here.
- HT:JudicialWatch.Documents Show White House Spent $200 Million in Taxpayer Money on ObamaCare Propaganda.Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, announced today that it has obtained documents from the Obama Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) detailing the agency’s massive taxpayer-funded multimedia campaign designed to promote the Affordable Health Care Act (also known as Obamacare) and other HHS policy initiatives. According to the records obtained by Judicial Watch pursuant to a March 23, 2011, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (No. 11-608)), the total cost of the campaign, which targets Obama’s electoral coalition, could reach as much as $200 million.Hmmm.......You know what they say about spending a lot to sell a product"A good product sells itself".Read the full story here.
- Budget Deal Guts $226 Million From Southern Border Fence Project at the suggestion of the Obama administration. House and Senate appropriators revealed details of the 2011 spending-cut deal early Tuesday morning, missing a self-imposed midnight deadline.In dueling press releases, House Republicans emphasized the magnitude of cuts they won in the six-month spending bill after marathon negotiations, while Senate Democrats emphasized cuts they were able to avoid or diminish. . . .The Homeland Security Department sees significant cuts as well: $226 million is cut from the southern border fence at the suggestion of the Obama administration, and the number of Transportation Security Administration workers is capped. FEMA first-responder grants are cut by $786 million.Contributions to the U.N. and other international institutions are cut $377 million [we kick in over $6 billion annually to the UN — ed]; federal highway investment is cut $650 million.Hmmmm....Meanwhile spend more on the Northern border don't want all these 'crazy Canucks' entering illegally the US?Read the full story here.
- 'US will have hard time standing alone in UN'.State officials feel efforts to prevent UN support of Palestinian state futile, believe US will have hard time voting against declaration in September.Israeli state officials estimated Wednesday that the US decision to postpone a European initiative to set parameters for peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians will involve a price to be paid by Benjamin Netanyahu. "The prime minister will be forced to outline his plans in a clear manner," one state official said. Israel has been working to prevent UN support in a unilateral declaration of a Palestinian state, however efforts to block endorsement have thus far failed. State officials now believe such efforts are futile, particularly in regards to the General Assembly. An Israeli official said: "Obama wants a Palestinian state and although the US is not interested in a unilateral declaration, it would be hard for it to stand alone in the General Assembly and vote against it." In fact, many state officials believe Israel has failed on the UN front. "The fact that the Americans stopped the Quartet's plan only proves how deeply we depend on them," one official said. "But this hold-up will not change matters in the General Assembly and this is a trend we cannot change." State officials stated that the US has decided to step in order to take control of the situation and achieve progress. "The Europeans couldn't get the Palestinians to the negotiating table, the Americans want to control matters and set the agenda."Until Netanyahu visits the US in May, US pressure will grow. They want to see a plan with clear details and timetables. The fact that they decided to intervene is a clear message to Netanyahu and Israel." Obama wants Netanyahu to publically declare he is willing to renew peace talks based on withdrawal to 1967 borders.When peace talks came to a halt several months ago, the forum of seven ministers addressed the possibility of unilateral withdrawal from the West Bank. However, the option was never discussed publically "so as to allow the Americans to exhaust all other possibilities of renewing peace talks." The idea will likely be reviewed again ahead of the September UN meeting.Hmmmm.....The worst ennemy of Israel is sitting in the WhiteHouse.Netanyahu better prepare to utter "Et Tu Hussein"!Read the full story here.
- IMF Says Obama Regime Lacks “Credible Strategy” to Stop Mounting Public Debt, Risks Triggering New Global Economic Crisis.The US lacks a “credible strategy” to stabilise its mounting public debt posing a small but significant risk of a new global economic crisis, says the International Monetary Fund.In an unusually stern rebuke to its largest shareholder, the IMF said the US was the only advanced economy to be increasing its underlying budget deficit in 2011 at a time when its economy was growing fast enough to reduce borrowing.To meet the 2010 pledge by the Group of 20 countries for all advanced economies — except Japan — to halve their deficits by 2013, the US would need to implement tougher austerity measures than in any two-year period since records began in 1960, the IMF said. In its twice-yearly Fiscal Monitor, the IMF added that on its current plans the US would join Japan as the only country with rising public debt in 2016, creating a risk for the global economy.Carlo Cottarelli, head of fiscal affairs at the Fund, said: “It is a risk that if it materialises would have very important consequences . . . for the rest of the world. So it is important that the US undertakes fiscal adjustment in a way sooner rather than later.”Hmmmm.....If he really wanted to destroy America would he do anything different?Read the full story here.
- Israel asked Turkey to stop flotilla, envoy says.Ambassador Gabby Levy tells Hurriyet paper he explained Israel's position to Turkish government, stresses Israel does not object to legal transfer of humanitarian aid to Gaza. Israel's Ambassador to Turkey Gabby Levy has asked the Turkish government to stop the flotilla scheduled to set sail next month, the Hurriyet newspaper reported Tuesday. Levy told the paper that Israel explained its position to the Turkish government. The Israeli envoy handed over the request to a senior official in the Turkish foreign ministry. Levy stressed that Israel has no problem with humanitarian aid being legally transferred to the Gaza Strip via the Turkish Red Cross, for example. "The Gaza crossing is open. The Israeli side has shown greater flexibility. The quota was set at 220 trucks which we do not cover as there is no need for further aid. Consequently such a campaign can only be seen as pure provocation," he said. Meanwhile, the government held a meeting regarding the impending flotilla where it was proposed to allow the vessels to reach the Gaza shores. However, this option was not discussed and no decision has been reached.Hmmmmm.....I don't think Erdogan wants another flotilla on his hands in the middle of elections .Read the full story here.
- Flotilla organizers ask Europe for protection from Israel.Organizers of a new flotilla to deliver aid to Gaza have called on European states not to bow to pressure from Israel to stop their mission and have asked for protection against what they say are threats from Israel. The new flotilla, called Freedom Flotilla 2, is expected to sail to Gaza in the coming weeks, a year after a raid by Israeli forces on a similar mission that left eight Turkish citizens and one American citizen dead. About 15 ships are expected to take part in the mission, although organizers, speaking after a meeting in Athens on Monday, declined to give an exact number due to security considerations.Israel has appealed to the UN and European nations to stop the flotilla. Organizers, which include activists from a number of countries including several European nations, US and Turkey, said they were determined to continue with the convoy, despite last May’s fatal raid on Gaza-bound Turkish aid ship Mavi Marmara and the threat of new violence. “Now, on the eve of the second Freedom Flotilla 2 voyage, the Israeli government is threatening to attack us again. As occurred last year before the first Freedom Flotilla, Israeli leaders are busy developing an atmosphere of hostility that should leave no doubt as to their intentions if and when they illegally attack this civilian flotilla,” organizers said in a statement posted on their website.“Therefore, we are calling on all our governments, the international community and the United Nations not to succumb to Israel’s intimidation. Governments need to fulfill their ‘responsibility to protect’ their own citizens. The threats against the Flotilla are not just at sea, but also in our home countries, as Israeli agencies are targeting individual groups and personalities,” read the statement.Organizers added that Freedom Flotilla 2 partners will go to the European Parliament in early May for meetings with members of European Parliament as well as the UN and other international bodies to present Freedom Flotilla 2’s goals. Organizers statements came as Israel urged European states to stop their nationals participating in the flotilla. On Monday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu appealed for action from EU ambassadors in Jerusalem during a meeting with them. “This flotilla must be stopped,” he told ambassadors.Participants in the Freedom Flotilla 2 convoy will include Turkish, Algerian, Scottish, Spanish, Dutch, Irish, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian, Jordanian, Malaysian, Indonesian, Swiss, US, Canadian, British and French nationals, and include lawmakers and journalists.Turkish charity Humanitarian Relief Foundation (İHH), which owned the Mavi Marmara, said its activists will be among the passengers of the Freedom Flotilla 2, although it plans to send a separate convoy, whose flag ship will again be the Mavi Marmara, after Turkey’s parliamentary elections on June 12. “Our activists will join the European convoy but our own convoy will head to Gaza after the elections,” İHH spokesman Salih Bilici told Today’s Zaman in a phone interview on Tuesday.In Athens, a Freedom Flotilla 2 organizer suggested that the two convoys could unite. “We are seriously considering the Turkish elections and we are examining whether to depart after the elections so that we could start our mission as a big and strong convoy,” Vaggelis Pissias, a Greek organizer, was quoted as saying by private news agency Cihan at the press conference in Athens on Monday.“Preparations are on track, adequate conditions for the departure of the ships will be met by the end of May,” Pissias added.Hmmmm.....How long would it take to lay a minefield at sea?Read the full story here.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Deja vu all over again: Obama stringing Israel along.Jennifer Rubin is seriously concerned at the games that the Obama administration is playing with Israel.Beginning last Thursday I started questioning the State Department. Could its spokesman confirm that the U.S. would oppose a proposal for a ’67 border settlement, given Israel’s categorical statements that such borders would not be defensible? Could the administration confirm it would oppose and seek to block moves by the U.N. or Quartet to recognize a Palestinian state unilaterally (i.e., not as a product of bilateral negotiations)? These are not hard questions, and the fact that the administration would face questioning is an indication of how strained the U.S.-Israeli relationship has become.Likewise on the House side, members of both parties are nervous that the administration is playing this too cute by half. A congressional aide to a key Democrat on Israel???? tells me, “The administration ought to remember where Congress is on this issue. The fact that they insist on continuing to go out of their way to upset many of their key supporters in Congress is baffling.” He noted this wasn't the first instance in which Israel has been strung along. He recalled, “As with the U.S. veto at the U.N. in February, the administration seems to be interested in repeating virtually every political and diplomatic mistake that led up to that vote. I assume they’re going to do the right thing, but it would be nice if they didn’t make us hold our breath for so long.”The administration's treatment of Israel reflects a genuine ambivalence. Obama really would like to abandon Israel and so would most of his advisers.Hmmmm.....Israel and the Jewish people have nothing to fear but Barack HUSSEIN Obama.Read the full story here.
- HT:TranslatingJihad.Women Learning to Drive--in Saudi?!Translated from Dar al-Hayat, 8 April 2011: Women Are Learning to Drive Near the King Fahd Airport in Dammam.Muhammad al-Dawud.Hundreds of cars, the majority of them four-wheel drive, on the weekend head towards the road that leads to the King Fahd International Airport west of the city of Dammam. Most of them do not intend to travel, whether inside the country or outside of it, nor do they intend to meet travelers. Most of their drivers do not go to the reception area, but instead turn off to the right a few kilometers before arriving at the airport, to a sandy area with many dunes. This sandy eastern area outside the airport has been converted into an "open square" for teaching driver's education. Most of the students are Saudi women.It is noteworthy that some of the girls, who go to the "Airport Dunes" weekly, have surpassed the basic driving stage, and have reached the point where they are learning advanced techniques such as drifting. The number of those interested in driving at the dunes has greatly increased recently, especially after the return of many female students who had been sent abroad for study. The circumstances of their daily life (outside Saudi) required them to learn to drive, which has led them to want to practice here, "Fearing that we would forget what we had learned, and also in preparation for us making the attempt, in the event that we are officially allowed to drive soon," according to 'Abir Musa, who returned a few months ago from the United States.'Abir did not hesitate to insist on daily practice, convincing her husband of the need to "Drive the car any way possible." She stressed that she had learned to drive during her academic studies in the United States, with encouragement from her husband. However, he "was reluctant to agree to my driving in the Kingdom. He only agreed on condition that I drive in areas far away from the main roads, fearing that people he knows would see me and he would feel embarrassed, in addition to his fear that I would be stopped by security officials."Read the full story here.
- HT:BigPeace.REVEALED: California Teachers Association Union Planning Takeover of State Capitol Building Next Month.Documents call for takeover of Capitol, using kids and taxpayer-funded public classrooms for protest activities, controversial “secondary boycott” tactics The California Teachers Association is preparing for Wisconsin-type activities aimed at forcing the legislature to pass tax increases on Californians in a series of actions planned for next month culminating in a takeover of the State Capitol.Many of the steps outlined in CTA plans include the use of students, taxpayer-funded public school facilities to which the union has access, and highly controversial “secondary boycott” tactics that involve targeting businesses in the districts of legislators who refuse to accede to union demands.The union is conducting its actions in support of taxes under the guise of a “State of Emergency.”Our team believes the true “state of emergency” is in public education’s crushing bureaucracy, lack of choices and options offered to parents, and bizarre union-supported work rules that produce phenomena like New York City’s infamous “Rubber Room” where the city’s worst teachers go because they can’t be fired.Union officials were clearly caught off guard today when our team circulated links to the union’s plans, which were posted on a non-descript website online.Hmmmm.....If you want to destroy America would you do anything different?Read the full story here.
- HT:CNET.Democratic senator wants Internet sales taxes.A Democratic senator is preparing to introduce legislation that aims to end the golden era of tax-free Internet shopping. The proposal--expected to be made public soon after Tax Day--would rewrite the ground rules for Internet and mail order sales by eliminating the ability of Americans to shop at Web sites like Amazon.com and Overstock.com without paying state sales taxes. Dick Durbin of Illinois, the second most senior Senate Democrat, will introduce the bill after the Easter recess, a Democratic aide told CNET.Making matters more difficult for the pro-tax forces is the decision by Rep. William Delahunt, a Massachusetts Democrat, not to run for reelection last year. Delahunt was probably Congress' most enthusiastic proponent of Internet sales taxes, and it's not clear a Republican-controlled House will be as eager to embrace the idea. One early indication: Rep. Dan Lungren, a California Republican, introduced legislation in February saying that allowing states to levy "onerous and burdensome sales tax collecting schemes on Internet-enabled small businesses that do not even reside in their state would adversely impact hundreds of thousands of jobs." Former GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul is one of the sponsors. The Direct Marketing Association, which sued Colorado last year to block a state tax law from taking effect, is preparing to rally opposition to Durbin's legislation. "You're just giving the states a blank check to make changes without any congressional oversight," says Jerry Cerasale, the DMA's senior vice president for government affairs. "We oppose that...We think that's abrogating the authority of Congress."Support for Durbin's forthcoming legislation is likely to come from the Alliance for Main Street Fairness and like-minded companies including Wal-Mart and Best Buy. "Big box stores love to mobilize smaller booksellers to complain about competing with Amazon," says Steve DelBianco, executive director of the NetChoice coalition, which counts eBay, Overstock.com, and Yahoo as members. "The irony is that those small booksellers have been clobbered by big box stores. The Internet's their friend."Read the full story here.
- HT:Memri.Salafi-Jihadists to Jordanian Authorities: We Have Masses of People Willing to Martyr Themselves in Jordan.Last week, senior leaders of the Salafi-jihadist movement in Jordan threatened to hold a sit-down demonstration today, April 11, in Gamal 'Abd Al-Nasser Square (also called Al-Dakhiliyya Square) in central Amman, and to intensify their protest in other ways, unless the authorities released four activists from the movement who were recently arrested. The four are 'Abd Al-Nasser Khamaysa, Mustafa 'Abd Al-Latif, Muhammad Abu 'Omar, and Furas Al-Na'lawi. The movement's spokesmen even explicitly warned that the "storm of jihad" would reach Jordan.Abu Muhammad Al-Tahawi: The State Knows that When the Salafi-Jihadis Say Something, They Mean It.Sa'd Al-Hunaiti: "Those Who Freed These Detainees Can Also Free the Other Prisoners Who Were Arrested in the Service of the U.S. and Israel"Hmmmm......Abdullah's father would have dealth with them in a very swift way.Read the full story here.
- HT:SultanKnish.From an Arab Spring to a Muslim Winter.The Communists wanted to turn every country in the world into communists, the Muslims want to turn every nation Islamic, and we want to turn them all into Democrats. Our national passion for democracy long ago overshot baseball, football, horse racing and billiards. Lately even our wars have turned into perverse democracy crusades. But the tonic of democracy does not cure all ills. And like most medicines, it is quite poisonous when used against the doctor's instructions.Lately some of us have gotten caught up in the idea that the Arabs have finally become just as passionate about democracy as us. But where we have come to value democracy as an end, their passion is for democracy as a tool of change, a means, not an end. Even the most devout Mahmoud, his scraggly beard caught in the pages of the Koran, blesses democracy as Halal, so long as it ushers in the rule of the devout. What matter if the Caliphate of the 12th Imam comes by way of a lottery, inherited monarchy or the ballot box-- so long as it comes.The noble clause of democracy is that it makes government in the image of men, rather than men in the image of governments. And our own government practices a perversely cynical view of its own citizens-- and an even more perversely idealistic one of Muslims. The American people are not ready for self-government, they insist, but the Egyptians are. And now as ice forms on the petals of their Arab Spring, they are about to learn once again that in a Muslim winter, democracy is the temperature at which freedom freezes.Read the full story here.
- HT:IslamIneurope.Poland: Grand Mufti declares suicide bombings ‘haram’, offers to mediate in Pakistan.Poland: Grand Mufti declares suicide bombings ‘haram’, offers to mediate in Pakistan.I think this is the first time that a European Muslim says radicalism and terrorism in the Muslim world should be dealt with since they reflect back on European Muslims. Or in other words, that Muslim terrorism is cause for 'Islamophobia'.Mufti Tomasz Miskiewicz, head of the Muslim Religious Union (MRU) in Poland, visited Pakistan from April 4-10. The Mufti, who graduated from the Institute of Teaching Arabic Language for Foreigners and studied Theology at Islamic University of Madina in Saudi Arabia, met Pakistani officials and delivered lectures at the International Islamic University and Quaid-i-Azam University in Islamabad during his stay.He was accompanied by his wife, who is the project manager of the MRU and accompanies him on his official visits.She speaks fluent English and was charming and friendly, answering questions and giving information that was very helpful in getting to know the Muslim community in her country.After being introduced by Dr. Andrezej Ananicz, the new ambassador of Poland, briefing media persons about the visit of Mufti Miskiewicz, said he had a fruitful visit and exchanged views with various scholars and heads of religious institutions. In reply to questions by media persons, he said suicide bombings were ‘haram’ because suicide was forbidden in Islam and killing innocent persons a crime.He said he has offered to play the role of a mediator between religious extremists and authorities in Pakistan. He believes extremist violence in Pakistan is giving a bad name to Muslim minorities in Europe.Hmmmm...."A Light in the darkness"?Read the full story here.
- 'Make jihad with me': The all-American high school class president who went from sweet home Alabama to rapping for Al Qaeda.Officials believed he was killed in combat in Mogadishu in february.
Two Jihadist rap videos suggest otherwise.
Government officials say they have never had an American citizen rise to this kind of rank in a terrorist organisation before.
Details emerge about his Christian all-American up-bringing when he was the most popular student in school.
A trip to Damascus changed everything and he converted to Islam.
Six weeks ago there were claims he was dead. Now an American jihadist climbing the ranks in Somalia's deadliest militant group appears to have resurfaced.And he's released two new rap videos to prove it. In the videos, posted on a jihadist website this weekend, the Alabama-born Omar Hammami raps that he wants to die a martyr.In two songs entitled 'Send me a cruise (missile)' and 'Make jihad with me', he taunts the West in a toneless drone and calls on other young Americans like him to rise up and join the jihad. Hammami, who grew up in the middle-class town of Daphne, Alabama, is the most high-profile American member of the Al Qaeda-linked Al Shabbab. He joined the militant group in 2007, when he was in his early 20s, taking on the nom de guerre Abu Mansur al Amriki, or 'the American'.In late February it was rumoured that he had been killed in heavy fighting in Mogadishu. Last month Somalia's defence minister told The Associated Press that intelligence reports indicated that Hammami may have been killed during the anti-insurgent offensive. But the minister said the reports weren't confirmed. U.S. intelligence still suspected that Hammami was alive. The new videos seem to prove it. In them, however, he appears to yearn for death.'There's nothing as sweet as the taste of a tank shell,' he says in one song, according to a transcription by the website The Long War Journal. 'It was a beautiful day, when that predator paradise missile sent me on my way.'Last year in emails he wrote on an internet forum, he said they would obey all the commands given to them by Bin Laden and confirmed that 'America was an obvious target' for them.Hmmm.....Lets hope America deals with him swiftly.Read the full story here.
- Oil to stay above $100 - $ 110 for 6 months.High crude prices to boost Saudi growth, says study.Oil prices are expected to remain above $100 a barrel because of regional turbulence and this will boost growth prospects in Saudi Arabia, according to a survey of business leaders in the Gulf Kingdom.While the improvement is tempting local firms to suspend a freeze on hiring plans, instability has triggered investment uncertainty and is pushing business leaders to shun equity and turn to cash and bonds for investment, showed the survey conducted by Banque Saudi Fransi (BSF).“Regional political instability has had the dual effect of bolstering Saudi Arabia’s economic condition by driving up oil prices and stirring uncertainty among investors… company managers revealed in the Q2 2011 BSF Business Confidence Index that they are more bullish about the future performance of the broader economy as well as their own businesses as oil prices above $100 a barrel assure that the economic recovery is on firm footing,” it said.“For the first time in four quarters, a majority of business leaders expect to hire more staff, and the ratio that expect to raise investments in production capacity has risen consistently for the past six quarters…..when it comes to charting out their business plans, therefore, businesses operating in Saudi Arabia are much more optimistic than they were just six months ago.”The survey showed oil prices are likely to continue trading above $100 for the next six months, boding well for an upturn in the Saudi economy that would have “knock-on” benefits for sales and profits of businesses operating in the kingdom.Yet regional political uncertainty appears to have upset the risk appetite of Saudi Arabia’s business leaders, who have considerably altered their investment strategies to reduce their exposure to more volatile asset classes, BSF chief economist John Sfakianakis said in the survey, sent to Emirates 24l7.It showed all 831 respondents to the survey expect oil prices to remain above $100 a barrel for the coming two quarters, including around 76 per cent supposing prices will stay above $110 a barrel.Hmmmm.....What did i say last year,lets see once Iran is chairman of the Opec!Read the full story here.
- HT:Memri.Bahai Spokesman: Iranian Regime's Persecuting Us.World Bahai organization spokesman Farhad Sabetan says that the Iranian regime is damaging Baha'i homes and cemeteries in the country, ejecting Baha'i students from universities, arresting Baha'is, and stripping them of their right to earn a living. He noted as an example the recent harsher sentence of 20 years' imprisonment for seven leaders of the Baha'i community in Iran, and said that the regime was keeping more than 80 Baha'is in prisons because of their faith, citing security reasons.Source.
- HT:Aina.France Enables an Islamist Takeover of Ivory Coast.Ironically, on the very day that France’s law banning the wearing of full-face coverings went into effect, French military forces helped Muslims add another country in Africa to their growing Caliphate – the Ivory Coast.The French, the former colonial rulers in the Ivory Coast, forced the surrender of former president Laurent Gbagbo to forces loyal to president-elect Alassane Ouattara, who the international community had recognized as the victor in last year’s presidential election.Ouattara is a Muslim, who prevailed in this election over his Christian opponent Gbagbo on the strength of masses of illegal immigrants who had emigrated over the last several decades from the neighboring Muslim states of Burkina Faso, Mali and Guinea. It is estimated that nearly one fifth of the 21 million people now living in Ivory Coast are illegal immigrants, most of whom are Muslims.What was once a prosperous Christian country, viewed as a haven of peace and prosperity in the West Africa region, and home to the region's largest cathedral, was overrun in the north with an influx of illegal immigrants that divided the country. Before exploiting this influx to help achieve victory in last year’s election, the increasing number of Muslims in the north had previously tried to seize power militarily nearly ten years ago in the economic center of the country, Abidjan. They were defeated there, but other Muslim troops took control across the north, helping to destabilize a now divided nation. Ouattara took advantage of the chaos and dissatisfaction in the north to mobilize his supporters for his election victory, which the international community ratified.One might think that Gbagbo’s surrender was a good thing, ending a bloody civil war and allowing the democratically elected president to be able to assume office while the strong man standing in his way is in custody to face justice.However, as bad as Gbagbo’s forces behaved in attacking his own citizens to hold on to power, Outtara’s forces also behaved badly. Human Rights Watch claimed last weekend that forces loyal to Ouattara had killed hundreds of civilians, raped more than twenty women and girls and burned at least 10 villages in the western part of the Ivory Coast.Moreover, it is what Ouattara’s rule is likely to introduce to the Ivory Coast that should be of real concern.The Islamists want to revive what they claim was originally an Islamic emirate in the Ivory Coast. Perhaps the French, who enabled the Muslims to assume power, should have read the website of Islamic Revival to understand what may be in store. According to this website, the Ivory Coast is “an Islamic country with a Muslim majority” that was once “an Islamic emirate which implemented the Islamic Shari’ah” until the French colonized the country.But the Islamists are confident in their ultimate victory, as the Islamic Revival website attests : The Ivory Coast like other Muslim countries awaits the establishment of the Khilafah [Caliphate] State to liberate it from the strongholds of the kuffar [non-believer] colonialists and make it a part and province of the Khilafah State, this is not a tall order for Allah.The Islamic vision of a Caliphate is spreading in Africa, beyond Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia in North Africa. The BBC has reported, for example, that President Omar al-Bashir of Sudan has announced plans to make Sharia law the "law of the land" in his country. The president has been quoted by BBC as saying that, "Sharia and Islam will be the main source for the constitution, Islam the official religion and Arabic the official language."Kenya has recently instituted a shariah compliant constitution.Now, the Ivory Coast is about to follow.Hmmmm......Thank you Hussein for the 'Change'.Read the full story here.
- HT:AmericanThinker.The Keystone of the Islamic Milieu: Inbreeding.The darkest hour is just before dawn. A huge swath of this planet, from the Straits of Gibraltar to the Philippine Sea, has been held in a synthetic, forced nightfall for nearly fourteen centuries. But the sunrise is coming, it is coming sooner rather than later, and this light will be the life of men.Everywhere in the western world, people look at the savage violence that is a daily occurrence in the Muslim world and shake their heads in stunned disbelief. A pastor of a very small Christian flock in Florida burns a Koran. Weeks later at literally the global antipode, Muslim imams drive through neighborhoods in a vehicle with loudspeakers attached, calling the townsfolk to riot. The townsfolk respond, and before it is all over, at least 22 innocent people are dead at the hands of these townsfolk, with at least two of them beheaded. How is this possible? How can this be? How can human behavior and culture be so monstrously different? Is this difference attributable to nothing more than environmental nurture theory?No. There is something else. There is a catalyst -- absent in every other culture on earth -- that has poisoned the cultural soil, thus yielding the fruit of bad harvest for nearly 1,400 years. That catalyst is inbreeding. As a direct result, the Muslim population is mentally developmentally disabled on a mass scale.All human cultures display strict prohibitions against inbreeding and consanguineous marriage. Incest is a universal taboo. This is a transcendent anthropological fact. As a Roman Catholic, I attribute this to what is called "The Natural Law." Every human person without exception is created by God with a deep, innate knowledge of good and evil, right and wrong. Stabbing someone in the neck for no reason whatsoever is just as wrong here in Lone Tree, Colorado as it is in the Amazon basin, as it is on the high plateaus of Mongolia.Marrying your first cousin is the genetic equivalent of marrying your half-sibling. Think of your own family. Let's say your dad has a sister, who is "Aunt Linda" to you. Your dad and Aunt Linda, being full siblings, have exactly the same genetic constitution. Their family trees prior to their generation are identical. Therefore, if Aunt Linda has any children, who are your first cousins, they are, in genetic terms, 50% identical to you. You share one of your two genetic constituencies with your cousins, thus making them genetically the same as a half-sibling would be.Muslim men are never, ever allowed to be around, see, converse with or otherwise interact with any females outside of their families. However, they are permitted to act as chaperones for their female first cousins. If your first cousin is the only person of the opposite sex you ever get to interact with, is it any surprise that Muslims are marrying their first cousins more as the rule than as the exception?According to the BBC, 55% of Pakistani-Britons are married to a first cousin, and as a corollary to that produce "just under a third" of all children in the UK with genetic illnesses, despite being only 3% of the total births. As a direct result of inbreeding, the Muslim population is the only population on earth that is mentally and physically devolving. This inherent weakness makes Muslim populations more susceptible to nefarious, oppressive leadership and mass manipulation. The amount of objective evidence supporting this statement is colossal and obvious.But there is hope. All is not lost. In my education in animal husbandry, I was keenly interested in my genetics classes. One of the key concepts in farm animal genetics is "hybrid vigor." This is the genetic principle which states that the crossbreeding of two genetically diverse plants or animals of the same species yields offspring of increased vigor and other superior qualities. All plants and animals have been designed to "bring out the best in themselves," and our DNA has built-in fail-safes to edit and correct any flaws which creep into our DNA over time. Given this, if the people now living under the fist of Islam are finally freed and can court and love and marry whomever they choose, thus reopening the genetic pool, this will allow hybrid vigor to cleanse and restore to full health their populations.". . . et lux in tenebris lucet et tenebrae eam non conprehenderunt."And the light shines in the darkness and the darkness did not comprehend it.Read the full story here.
- HT:TranslatingJihad.Al-Qaradawi: "The Christian Will Reach an Understanding With His Muslim Brother to Choose a Muslim President".Translated from an excerpt of an interview with Shaykh Yusuf al-Qaradawi, the spiritual leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, posted on his website 7 April 2011.
Q: Would you accept the next president of Egypt being a Christian or secularist?
A: I think that this question is unrealistic, for we suppose that the era of election fraud has passed, never to return. But if the elections were free and clean, then it would be logical and natural for the president of Egypt to be a practicing Muslim, not a secularist or a Christian. This is because the majority of the people are practicing Muslims, and would not choose secularism, because secularism is, as Dr. Muhammad al-Bahi said: "Belief in part of the Qur'an, and disbelief [kufr] in part of it." In this era of revolution, the Christian will reach an understanding with his Muslim brother to choose a Muslim president. For the president in Islam is the Imam who leads the people in prayer, and is the teacher in the mosque, and guardian of the entire nation--both Muslims and Christians--according to the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Messenger. [The Muslim] is more fit for the presidency than the secularist, and more concerned for the religion and life of the Christians.Hmmmm.....The people the Obama regime pledged 1,57 Billion dollar to in 2012.Read the full story here.
- Are these nails from the crucifixion? Investigator claims 2,000-year-old relics were used to fix Jesus to the cross.These are the two nails used to crucify Jesus, an investigator has claimed after they were discovered in a 2,000-year-old tomb in Jerusalem.The tiny relics, which are around two inches long, were first found in 1990 in an ancient Jerusalem grave said to belong to Caiaphas - the Jewish high priest who sent Jesus to the cross. But shortly after the excavation, the tomb was resealed and the artefacts mysteriously disappeared - until now.In a new documentary, The Nails Of The Cross, Simcha Jacobovici claims that he tracked down the remains to the laboratory in Tel Aviv of an anthropologist who is an expert on ancient bones.However, his dramatic revelations have been met with a cool response from scholars and experts who have dismissed him as a publicity seeker.The film begins by revisiting the burial place hailed by many at the time as the burial place of Caiaphas, who in the New Testament presides over the trial of Jesus.The grave, along with a number of ossuaries - or bone boxes - was uncovered during construction work on a hillside a few kilometres south of the Old City.Caiaphas is a major figure in the Gospels, having sent Jesus to the Romans and on to his death, and one of Jacobovici's assertions is that the high priest did not deserve such a bad reputation.Two iron nails were found in the tomb - one on the ground and one actually inside an ossuary - and, according to the film, disappeared shortly after.Jacobovici says that because Caiaphas is so closely linked to the crucifixion, he believes the nails found in his tomb will be shown to belong to Jesus.The Israel Antiquities Authority, which oversaw the Jerusalem excavation, said in reaction to the film's release that it had never been proven beyond doubt that the tomb was the burial place of Caiaphas. It also said that nails are commonly found in tombs.'There is no doubt that the talented director Simcha Jacobovici created an interesting film with a real archaeological find at its centre, but the interpretation presented in it has no basis in archaeological findings or research,' it said.A relic claimed to be a thorn from Jesus' crown will go on display at the British museum later this year.The Crown of Thorns plundered in the Fourth Crusade, sold to French royalty and has spent the past 200 years in safekeeping at a British public school.Hmmmm......Relics used to be big business in medieval times.Read the full story here.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
- Live broadcast info from Japan directly ! Here.
- Libya Live Blog - April 12. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Middle East Live Blog April 10 here .(Al-Jazeera)
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world increased seismic activity in Japan today between 4.9 and 6.2! More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 84.On 12.04.2011 at 02:59 GMT+2. Here .
- HT:NuclearHistory.Fukushima Farmers hit hard and face heart break.The Mainichi Daily News Japan.IITATE, Fukushima — For one farmer here, the newly expanded evacuation zone around the crippled nuclear power plant nearby may mean doing the unthinkable: abandoning his cows.“You can’t just leave living things behind,” says village cattle farmer Nagakiyo Yamada, 60. “Compensation hasn’t been decided, either. If I have to move to a shelter, I want to stay as close to my farm as I can and keep taking care of my cows.”While part of the village of Iitate has been in the band 20-30 kilometers from the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant, the entire village will now be subject to new government evacuation orders announced on April 11. Residents within the 10-kilometer-wide ring are currently advised to remain indoors.Yamada has dutifully followed the indoor standby advisory, but not in his house. Since hydrogen explosions shook the nuclear plant soon after the March 11 earthquake and tsunami, he has been living in his barn with 13 calves he intends to enter in livestock competitions, intent on saving them from exposure to radiation. The young cows haven’t been put out to pasture since the nuclear crisis began, and Yamada replies to their soft “moos” with some of his own, trying to give them company.Farmers in Miyazaki Prefecture — which sold Yamada the mother cow — have been sending water and instant noodles, apparently worried about the effect of the March 11 disaster and nuclear crisis on their Fukushima counterparts.“I think of the help as a message encouraging me to raise these calves properly,” Yamada says.Calves from the Iitate region are highly regarded, and ordinarily command an equivalently high price at market. However, the bottom has fallen out of the animals’ value with the current crisis.“Market confidence in these calves was built up over decades,” Yamada says. “This problem can’t be solved just with money,” he continues, stroking the head of one of his cows.However, even if Yamada can stay close enough to care for his livestock, the resources to do so are running low. He only has two months of feed hay left, and if radioactive contamination prevents him from harvesting more, his prized calves will starve to death.Yamada’s farm also produces 15 metric tons of rice and 750 kilograms of tobacco a year, but both will very probably be subject to planting restrictions this year. Meanwhile, his household’s emergency stockpile of rice will likely run out during the coming summer.“Even if we evacuate, how are we supposed to live?” Yamada laments.Adding to Yamada’s worries, with no resolution to the nuclear crisis in sight and the future of the area uncertain, many of the village’s young people could leave.“Even if the evacuation order is lifted, the village could end up a wasteland,” he says.The situation may be even more heartbreaking for elder members of the Yamada clan.“Even during World War II, at least we could go outside,” says Yamada’s 80-year-old mother Toshiko. “I plan to die here. I’ve just given up cause I’ve been exposed to so much radiation,” she mutters.end quote.According to Ziggy, former head of ANSTO, Japanese nuclear industry is one of the best in the world. How do you turn off a nuke plant Ziggy? there’s no off switch for decay heat. And that has been known to be the case since 1942.Hmmm....And to top off things "Radioactive Tuna Fish Migrating From Japan To U.S. Waters".Read the full story here.
- Hosni Mubarak in hospital.Egyptian security, health officials say former Egyptian president admitted to Sharm el-Sheikh hospital. Hospital director says Mubarak 'more or less' stable as court hearing looms.Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak was taken to hospital on Tuesday after suffering a "heart crisis" when he was being questioned during an investigation, Egyptian television reported. Hospital director Mohammed Fathallah discussed Mubarak's health status on Egyptian television saying the former president was "more or less" stable. Mubarak had been hospitalized under the pretext of being sick in order not to appear before investigators, the website of the state-owned publisher of Al-Ahram newspaper said.Television correspondent in Sharm el-Sheikh said that Mubarak was hospitalized in the VIP wing and the hospital was placed under close police surveillance. Dozens of demonstrators picketed the hospital in the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, denouncing the president and carrying a sign reading "Here is the butcher." They scuffled with supporters of Mubarak amid a massive security presence."The former president Hosni Mubarak entered ... Sharm el-Sheikh hospital," according to Al-Ahram.It said the president may not have to travel to Cairo to attend the investigation because of his admittance to hospital.A hospital official told AFP they cannot comment on the former president's condition but added that "the health minister will issue a statement" shortly.
He has kept a low profile since, living in Sharm el-Sheikh. According to reports in al-Ahram, Mubarak had been expected to be questioned by investigators for the first time on Tuesday in connection with corruption allegations and violence against protesters during the uprising under heavy security. It remains unclear when the testimony will take place and what exactly he is accused of. Mubarak's two sons, Alaa and Gamal have also been ordered to appear in court.Read the full story here.
- Some 250,000 children sexually abused in Turkey in past decade.At least 250,000 minors have been sexually abused in Turkey over the past decade, with 7,000 raped in 2010 alone, according to a survey conducted by a prominent Turkish researcher.The research by Tuncer Günay also revealed that some 350,000 to 400,000 children are thought to have been sexually abused over the past 20 years by first-degree relatives or other close kin. Of these incidents, just 600 were referred to the country’s courts.Mistreatment of minors seems to have been harshest on Turkey’s streets, with 30,000 of 50,000 homeless children reportedly having been either raped or sexually abused.Last year, some 4,000 street children were sentenced and sent to correctional facilities, where 250 juveniles over the past five years have reported being raped by their peers or older inmates, Günay said in his research. Seventy-five percent of all street children have some kind of police record for committing crimes such as theft, extortion, causing personal injury or rape.About 200 cases were referred to the judiciary in 2009 in which children had been sexually abused by their teachers, local shopkeepers, deputy principals or other personnel at boarding schools and kindergartens, according to Günay’s findings.Günay’s research also showed that 51 percent of murder victims killed by a member of their family were women, with men and children respectively making up 39 percent and 10 percent of the total. Moreover, 70 percent of all victims of intra-family sexual assault were also women, while children were targeted in 25 percent of such cases.Figures extracted from a report prepared by the Police Department Headquarters revealed that women were the victims in the majority – 71 percent – of all cases of sexual assault in 2010. Of the rest, 17 percent were children and 12 percent were men.In cases of sexual harassment, 66 percent of all victims were women and 22 percent were children, while 89 percent of all suspects were men. Women also constituted 58 percent of all victims of sexual harassment within family circles, while children were the victims in 38 percent of all cases.The police report, which was also sent to the Turkish Parliament, further stated that Istanbul ranked first among provinces in Turkey regarding the volume of cases involving sexual assault, sexual harassment and intentional murder, while the Marmara region ranked first among Turkey’s regions in the same categories. The survey by Günay also showed that access to 23,000 porn sites, of which 15,000 dealt in child pornography, was barred in 2010 by units responsible for information technologies and telecommunications monitoring.Hmmmm.....Please Lord keep Turkey out of the European Union!Read the full story here.
- Why Ankara should not be helping Iran go nuclear.Will a nuclear Iran be good or bad for Turkey? If Iran goes nuclear, it will become the regional hegemon, extinguishing Ankara’s hopes of becoming a key player in the Middle East. Recently, however, Turkey has helped Iran circumvent international sanctions that target its nuclearization. Turkish companies and banks regularly abuse the financial system to facilitate payments to the Islamic republic, perhaps unwittingly assisting its effort of becoming a nuclear power. Turkey’s failure to prevent this type of abuse not only pokes a finger in the eye of the West, but also allows a rogue regime to fill its coffers with hard currency and materiel as it attempts to become the dominant power in the region – at Turkey’s expense.The Turkish-Iranian relationship has revolved around bilateral trade. In 2008, the two countries conducted $10 billion of business, and officials from both countries have called for an increase to $20 billion by 2012. Iran exports mostly oil and gas to the Turkish market. Naturally, Turkey wants to fuel its economy, and Turkish officials have made it clear that they will look to all available sources of energy, including Iran.The international community has assured Ankara of its commitment to Turkish energy needs, and has pointed out that in the past, Iran has proven to be an unreliable partner in this regard. Since other sources of energy are available to Turkey, Ankara’s insistence on buying oil from a rogue regime seems to demonstrate a strong desire to do business with Iran.What is really behind Ankara’s insistence on developing and strengthening its relationship with Tehran? There appear to be two primary motivating factors: an aversion to regional instability and a desire to get closer to the Tehran regime.Ankara seems to fear new American or coalition military action in the region, including an attack on Iran, more than it fears a nuclear-armed Iran. Turkey’s present reality is shaped by the instability in Iraq caused by the second Gulf War, and the low-intensity conflict that continues to the present. According to a recent poll, 43 percent of Turks consider the biggest threat to Turkey to come from the United States, while only 3 percent believe it comes from Iran.There are those who people believe that the Justice and Development Party, or AKP, has an ideological agenda that favors Tehran’s regime. One way of determining whether this is true is the party’s stance on Tehran; Iran should serve as a litmus test for the leanings of the AKP.If seen in this light, the Turkish government’s stance on Iran is telling. Ankara has consistently expanded its financial ties to Iran. For instance, Iranian Bank Mellat, blacklisted by both the United States and the United Nations, has been operating openly in Turkey. Mellat branches conduct business in Istanbul, Ankara, and İzmir, despite the U.N. restrictions on the bank for facilitating payments tied to Iran’s nuclear program. Mellat was also designated by the U.S. Treasury Department for allowing weapons of mass destruction to spread. Subsidiaries of the bank around the globe have reportedly been involved in the Iranian missile industry, spreading terrorism and assisting Iran’s nuclear regime. In addition, Mellat has agreed to facilitate trade between Turkey and Iran using Turkish Liras and/or Iranian rials, which helps them avoid the use of euros and dollars. International financial regulators and sanction-watchers cannot easily detect payments that bypass the European or American financial systems.Wittingly or unwittingly, Turkey seems to be helping Iran go nuclear. This is bad news for Ankara, for once an authoritarian country becomes a nuclear power, its neighbors are subject to abuse. The example of North Korea is telling in this regard. Since becoming a nuclear power, Pyongyang has fired rockets over Japan and sunk South Korean ships. Does Ankara want a nuclear Iran next door that can flout international law at Turkey’s expense?Hmmmmm.....Why?Because the Turkish 'regime' hates the Jews and the US as much as Iran.Get Turkey out of NATO!Read the full story here.
- HT:Memri.Following Closure of 'Third Palestinian Intifada' Facebook Pages, New Ones Are Launched.Despite the closure of several Facebook pages promoting the campaign for the Third Palestinian Intifada, set for May 15, 2011, hundreds of Facebook pages promoting the same aim still exist. Many of these pages feature statements in praise of martyrdom, jihad, and the killing of Jews. There are also statements against Jews on the page, such as the slogan "Khaybar, Khaybar, o Jews, the army of Muhammad shall return," as well as calls condemning Jews translated into broken Hebrew: "Dear Jews, don't be afraid, death will be swift. Expect an Arab deluge, we are coming. We will help the religion of Allah and Palestine to triumph"; "Death to the Jews, murderers of the prophets"; and "The offspring of the sons of Zion are going to Hell."The page shows photos of burning Israeli flags. One is headed "This is the photo that the Facebook administration doesn't like" and a second is headed "Another gift to the Facebook administration." In another post, the page's administrators noted: "O Israel, burn, the Arab rebels are coming." One of the page's wall photos shows a map of Palestine (disregarding the existence of Israel) in the colors of the Palestinian flag.Hmmmm......Why does Facebook allow these pages to excist?And is the Obama administration (Robert Gibbs) working with facebook?Read the full story here.
- HT:BigPeace.Huh? Obama Administration Does NOT Want To Interrogate Key Terrorist Suspect.How is this policy even defensible? We helped the Pakistanis capture this guy, but we don’t want to talk to him? This terror mastermind probably doesn’t have anything of value to tell us. Yeah, right. The Los Angeles Times reports:Reporting from Washington— He’s considered one of world’s most dangerous terrorism suspects, and the U.S. offered a $1-million reward for his capture in 2005. Intelligence experts say he’s a master bomb maker and extremist leader who possesses a wealth of information about Al Qaeda-linked groups in Southeast Asia.Yet the U.S. has made no move to interrogate or seek custody of Indonesian militant Umar Patek since he was apprehended this year by officials in Pakistan with the help of a CIA tip, U.S. and Pakistani officials say.”Hmmmm......"What's going on in Pakistan with the Obama regime?"Read the full story here.
- Israel worried by 'weakening' US.ISRAEL is troubled by the perception the US is an "empire of the past" and wants a resurgent America to lead a decisive confrontation with Iran, a top official has said."America is tested" at a pivotal moment in the history of the Middle East, said Israel's Deputy Prime Minister, Dan Meridor, who is also the Minister for Intelligence and Nuclear Energy.The Arab world was watching the US closely: "They look to America. If America does not seem to be able to contain the Iranian threat, will they go with Iran?"Advertisement: Story continues below "This is of world-order magnitude," he told the Herald in an interview. Israel, which depends on the US as its security guarantor, itself appears to have new doubts about US judgment.Mr Meridor said he was "surprised" at the Obama administration's treatment of a longstanding US ally, Egypt's former president: "Was it necessary to immediately empower the demonstrators against him and let [Hosni] Mubarak go? It's seen by all the allies of America in the Arab world. I don't know where the tide of history will go and I'm not sure they know.""The perception, that I hope is wrong, that America is weakening is not good, but I hope that America will find a way, and I believe they can, to restore itself as the leading country and not allow those impressions spread by the Iraq war that America is an empire of the past. All this is here on the table."America has started wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Is it a success story or not? What happens in Pakistan? … It may be the use of power showed the limits of power."Mr Meridor, a senior member of the Likud party of the Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, said the confrontation with Iran was "a decisive conflict"."The end of it is very important.If the end of it is that Iran has nuclear power, it will have grave effects on world order, on balance of power, and on the Middle East."It may spell the end of the nuclear non-proliferation treaty regime, not only because Iran will be nuclear, but because other countries say they will need to be nuclear, Egypt and Saudi Arabia and others may do it. "No more the responsible adults tell the kids what to do. When everybody has the bomb you can't contain or control or interfere as America could do."The US President, Barack Obama, last week called on Israel to take the initiative to break the stalemate over peace talks.Mr Meridor said the Netanyahu government was still debating its position internally.His personal position, he said, was "we should be very active in trying to bring them to the table."Time is not neutral here. Neither the Palestinians nor we gain from the passage of time. I don't think their situation gets better."This would mean "the strengthening of the religious paradigm and the weakening of the national paradigm," Mr Meridor said. And Israel did not benefit from delay either: "We can't stay like this with undefined borders. We need to put an end to it if we can."Hmmmmm.......We need another President in the US one who act as a Christian instead of one pretending to be a Christian, 2012 can't come soon enough.Read the full story here.
- HT:Memri.Pakistani Daily Report: 'Are The Drone Attacks Over?'Ever since the condemnation of drone attacks by Pakistan Army Chief General Ashfaq Kayani last month, there has been no drone attack in Pakistan during the past three weeks, according to a Pakistani daily.The CIA has been launching drone attacks on almost a daily basis but a substantial decrease was witnessed after the arrest of CIA contractor Raymond Davis, who was later released following a deal.A drone attack carried out within hours of Davis's release in the Datta Khel area of North Waziristan had elicited strong criticism from General Kayani. The Conflict Monitoring Centre (CMC), a watchdog that closely monitors the drones and other anti-state militancy, says that ever since General Kayani condemned the drone attacks, the CIA has stopped its drone operations in Pakistan.Hmmmm.....Was this part of the deal "stop the drone attacks and we'll release Davis"?Read the full story here.
- Armenia agrees long-term Russian army presence.Armenia's parliament on Tuesday ratified a deal to allow Russian troops to remain in the country for more than 30 years, boosting Moscow's military influence in the strategic South Caucasus region.The deal sees Russian forces extending their lease on a military base in Armenia until 2044 and upgrading the mission of the estimated 3,000 troops stationed there. Deputy Defense Minister Ara Nazarian said that the agreement would ensure Armenia's security and protect Russian interests in the former Soviet region where the Kremlin wants to play a leading role. "In addition, according to the amendments, the Russian side will assist Armenia in the provision of armaments and modern military equipment," Nazarian told lawmakers.The deal has caused unease in Azerbaijan, which is locked in a long-running conflict with Armenia over the disputed territory of Nagorny Karabakh, and in neighboring Georgia, which fought a brief war with Russia in 2008."After the Russian-Georgian conflict, Russia understandably wants to strengthen its positions in the Caucasus," said independent lawmaker Tigran Torosian, expressing concern that Yerevan was making too deep a commitment to Moscow.Russia however has not openly committed itself to intervening militarily in any conflict involving Armenia. As well as infantry and artillery units, the Russian base in the Armenian city of Gyumri, near the border with Turkey, hosts S-300 missile defense systems and MiG-29 fighter jets.Hmmmm......"The die has been cast"?Read the full story here.
- Dubai - Maid chops off 70-year-old employer's genitals.An Ethiopian housemaid who allegedly cut off her 70-year-old employer's genitals has confessed to committing the act as she was 'tired of being harrassed by him', reported 'Emarat Al Youm'.The elderly man, a GCC national, called the police early Monday morning to report the incident. The cops rushed to his Deira residence and shifted him to hospital where he had undergo an operation.The maid revealed during investigations that the old man had been regularly harrassing her. On Monday morning he asked her to give him a massage. She lost her cool, took a knife and chopped his organ off.The maid was arrested from the place of crime.Meanwhile, according to Dubai Police statistics about 665 crimes were committed by housemaids in Dubai last year. Of which, there were 305 absconders, 113 rape cases, 85 cases of illegal residence; 68 breach-of-trust cases and 63 thefts.Hmmmm.......Take note "don't hire Ethiopian maid"?Read the full story here.