Tuesday, April 5, 2011
- Live broadcast info from Japan directly ! Here.
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan between 4.7 and 4.9 today. More info here.
- Latest official Situation Update No. 75.Source .
- HT:Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog.The Hot Particle Problem.If one accepts the official view of radiological safety, life would be far easier. Every time there is a release of radioactive particles into the environment, officials issue assurances of safety. In the current Fukushima Event authorities have acted and issued statements assuring people everything is as safe as possible for the general public within the primary fallout zone (which is what the primary zones are). I was disgusted to hear the poor quality descriptions of events on every media for the first week and a half, primarily that of “drifting radioactivity”. Well, radioactivity isn’t some mythical unknown. I wanted to know what the fine particulate matter was which was reported at the time as the “drifting radioactivity”. Was it nuclear fuel? Uranium, plutonium? Was it fission product? That could mean many of the 250 plus substances a nuclear reactor turns the fuel into during fission. Cesium? Iodine? Strontium? It could have been any number of primary or secondary fission products and their decay products. Why did I want to know? 1. If the substance is used by the body, upon internalisation, it will be incorporated into the body. If not a substance used by the body, it will be rapidly excreted. Inhalation hazards exist for all. But the most dangerous are those which are used by the body to build the body, are used to nourish the baby in the womb and the infant at the breast. None of this was covered in the news. A week and half in Dr Grimes had the names of two fission products, Cesium 137 and Iodine I 131 pulled from his lips by an Australiain ABC journalist. (Grimes had been talking about gamma emissions at the plant, the journo wanted the isotopes in the cloud over Tokyo.
Well, how dangerous are hot particles? I’ve covered the “single bullet” versus allowable dose views previously in this blog. Authorities are still talking as if the main threat is an externally contaminated environement – it is – and they are saying the enviironment in most places in the affected immediate fallout zone are safe. Is this correct if a small gram wieght of a radioactive particle embeds itself into one’s tissue? Seeing as you cant leave it behind, like you can a chest x ray machine, or shield from it by hiding behind 6 foot of concrete and lead, can a single track of alpha or several tracks of beta (20 times “weaker” than alpha (as is gamma) according to the experts) do devastating harm.If the contamination deposited by the Fukushima Event in the 200 mile radius admitted to have recieved direct fallout, with 30 miles recieving a lot (Japan) 80 miles a lot (USA) and areas closer in recieving enough to imprison people at one radius and to force evacuation at closer ranges, what does it mean? Its not like a chest x ray or cat scan. The main reason people are being evacuated or forced in doors is to minimise internalisation of the radioactive flecks which, like it or not are normally emitted by nuclear reactors everywhere. In Fukushima they are being emitted on a vastly massively greater scale. No reactor is totally hermetic all the time. When they have blown up, like the ones at Fukushima have, then they will vent radioactive poisons badly. And leak it. Read the full story here.
- Japan - High level of cesium detected in sand lances.Small fish caught in waters off the coast of Ibaraki have been found to contain radioactive cesium above the legal limit.Ibaraki is south of Fukushima prefecture, where the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant is located.Ibaraki Prefecture says 526 becquerels of radioactive cesium was detected in one kilogram of sand lances. The acceptable limit is 500 becquerels. It is the first time that higher-than-permitted levels of radioactive cesium have been found in fish.All local fishery cooperatives in the prefecture have agreed to suspend sand lance fishing at the request of the prefectural government.Hmmm.....Exactly which radioactive elements are in the released radioactive water?Read the full story here.
- HT:NaturalNews.EPA to raise limits for radiation exposure while Canada turns off fallout detectors.The mass radioactive contamination of our planet is now under way thanks to the astonishing actions taking place at the Fukushima nuclear facility in Japan. As of last night, TEPCO announced it is releasing 10,000 tons of radioactive water directly into the Pacific Ocean. That 2.4 million gallons of planetary poison being dumped directly into the ocean.
This water is being released because they have run out of places to keep it on land. It's too deadly to transport anywhere else, and all the storage pools around Fukushima are already overflowing. So they're dumping it into the ocean, then calling it "safe" because they claim the ocean will "disperse" all the radiation and make it harmless.But because there's more radioactive water being produced every day at Fukushima, this process of releasing radioactive water into the ocean could theoretically continue for years, easily making Fukushima the worst nuclear disaster in the history of our world.Fukushima, you see, is doing to the Pacific Ocean what BP and the Deepwater Horizon did to the Gulf of Mexico last summer. Except that in the case of Fukushima, that radiation doesn't just disappear with the help of millions of gallons of toxic chemicals. Nope, that radiation sticks around for decades.
So what to do? If you're the United States Environment Protection Agency, there's only one option: Declare radiation to be safe!
Yes indeed, friends, we have reached a moment of comedic insanity at the EPA, where those in charge of protecting the environment are hastily rewriting the definition of "radioactive contamination" in order to make sure that whatever fallout reaches the United States falls under the new limits of "safe" radiation.The EPA maintains a set of so-called "Protective Action Guides" (PAGs). These PAGs are being quickly revised to radically increase the allowable levels of iodine-131 (a radioactive isotope) to anywhere from 3,000 to 100,000 times the currently allowable levels.Canada tries to out-stupid the USA
Ah, the fascination of watching this tragic comedy of errors unfold in the U.S. government almost cannot be exceeded. But Canada is sure trying. Its own nuclear monitoring network has simply been shut off, and its website now reads "Please note that as of March 25, 2011, the frequency of data collection by NRCan using the mobile surveys has been decreased due to the low levels of radiation being detected."Yep, since they're detecting low levels of radiation, this is apparently justification for turning off the monitors altogether, which of course is the kind of brilliant early warning plan that could have only been dreamed up by a brain-dead bureaucrat. Hmmmm....Don't you love how they follow the Chernobyl script?Read the full story here.
- EU Secretly Authorizes Emergency Order Allowing Large Increase Of Radiation In Food.Kopp Online, Xander News and other non-English news agencies are reporting that the EU implemented a secret “emergency” order without informing the public which increases the amount of radiation in food by up to 20 times previous food standards.According to EU bylaws radiation limits may be raised during a nuclear emergency to prevent food shortages.But there is anger across Europe because this emergency order was issued while officials say there is no threat to the food.Foodwatch is quoted “These rules now to bring into force is absurd, because in Europe there are no nuclear emergency, and certainly no shortage of food.”EU imports large increase allowable radioactivity in food from Japan.The European Union has authorized radioactive load in foods in Japan has increased substantially. Until now, a maximum of 600 becquerels of radioactivity (cesium 134 and cesium 137) per kilogram allowed, but since last weekend for example oil or herbal suddenly 12,500 becquerels per kilogram, more than 20 times as high. The increase was recorded in Emergency Ordinance 297/2011 on March 27 and was in force.
While politicians talk about “enhanced control measures” and “special protection standards” is universally silent on the huge increase in the allowable limits in food in Japan. Nevertheless we are reassured with the assurance that we have no worry about radioactive products from Japan.Explain why a 20 times as high value would make no difference for the consumer safety did not come.
According to the Food Watch advocacy does this policy provides greater confidence of European citizens in the EU measures. Food Watch wants an immediate ban on all goods coming from the affected region are Japanese. Incidentally, in Europe there is very little food imported from Japan.Read the full story here.
Hmmmm.......A couple of things bother me. The RFP called for a 10-day supply of meals - for 14 million people. That's 420 million meals. Typically, FEMA maintains a stockpile of about 6 million meals. Why the sudden need to increase the stockpile by 420 million more? Now there's a five day excercise in NY for a 'dirtybomb' .NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly said.This is only a drill. There is no specific threat.Then there was that letter a few days ago that a number (160) of dirty bombs are spreadout over the US and now this ,i don't like the full picture or we are not being told which elements are in that radioactive waste water and how much...or someone is preparing for a number of dirty bombs to explode very soon.
- HT:WND.GLOBAL JIHAD - CAIR chief's designs to 'run' U.S. revealed.
'Who better than Muslims,' Awad asks, to lead 'Christian-Judeo-Islamic' nation?The same national Muslim leader who's launched an "education campaign" to quell American fears over Shariah law once gave a full-throated speech to Muslims advocating an Islamic rise to power in America.
In a newly surfaced video of a 2000 speech to the Islamic Society of North America, Council on American-Islamic Relations Executive Director Nihad Awad told his Muslim audience: "Muslims in America are in the best position to show Islam and to show action and to show vision – not only for a Muslim school, how it should be run, but for an entire society, how it should be run. Who better can lead America than Muslims?"In the same speech, "Participating in Public Affairs: Strategies for the Year 2000," Awad encouraged Muslim-Americans to be more assertive with U.S. politicians.
"They should be a servant to our issues," he said. "We should be respected." Specifically, Awad advised that Muslim-Americans demand politicians include in their national speeches and party platforms that America is also an "Islamic society."
"This is no longer a Christian-Judeo society," Awad maintained. "It is a Christian-Judeo-and-Islamic society." At the same time, Awad reminded Muslim-Americans that they are still, first and foremost, citizens of the global Islamic nation and should do everything in their power to help their Muslim brothers fighting in Kashmir against Indian Hindus and in the Palestinian territories against Israelis. He suggested they demand U.S. leaders in Washington cut aid to both Israel and India. "We belong to the ummah, and we are an extension of the Muslim world," he said. "We should talk about Kashmir, and we should talk about Palestine." CAIR's founding chairman, Omar Ahmad, moreover, has flatly argued Shariah law should replace the Constitution. "Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant," he told a Muslim audience in Fremont, Calif., in 1998. "The Quran should be the highest authority in America."Hmmmm.....Obama "Islam is a great religion",Not a single American patriot should vote for this 'Arnold Benedict figure'.Read the full story here.
- Narcist-in-Chief Tells Supporters: I’m The Most Successful President In Last 50 Years.President Barack Obama offered a sober assessment of his 2012 campaign to supporters Monday night, admitting that the “newness” was gone but urging his grassroots troops to organize with the same fervor that propelled him to victory in 2008.On a conference call with hundreds of organizers, volunteers and campaign operatives, Obama played up the threats posed by Republicans to his agenda while boasting of “hav[ing] had the most successful legislative initiative of any president over the last 50 years.”The call was the culmination of a day-long roll-out of his re-election campaign, which began with the 5 a.m. release of a video entitled “It Begins With Us.” That was followed by an email to supporters, the filing of re-election paperwork with the Federal Election Commission and a more exclusive rally-the-troops conference call with top donors conducted by campaign manager Jim Messina.“I’m fired up, I don’t know about everybody else,” Obama said after being patched through by the White House switchboard to a core group of campaign workers that pulled off an upset victory over Hillary Rodham Clinton in the Democratic primaries nearly three years ago and went on to defeat Republican John McCain.Hmmmm.....Most successful in destroying 'the American dream'....Yes!Read the full story here.
- HT:AmericanThinker.Obama, The God That Failed.As someone who has studied, taught, and written about the Middle East for years, I'm the first to concede that President Obama has a tough task. What would I do about Libya if I were president? How about Egypt?
I'm not exactly sure. The situations are complex, with too many daunting unknowns. Chief among them, who, or what, precisely, is behind the opposition? Would a Gaddafi or Mubarak be replaced by Muslim democrats or theocrats, by an Ayatollah, by a Hamas, by a Hamid Karzai, by a Saddam or Sadat, or perhaps by the first Thomas Jefferson in the Arab world?
Of course, my personal struggle with the complexities doesn't matter much. I'm not president. Obama is. And alas, it's here, with Barack Obama as commander-in-chief, that the left once again has failed itself and America in the process.There's a distinct intellectual vacuity among the American left. I'm reminded of a Reagan quote regarding the distant-left cousins of liberals: "Marxist-Leninist thought," Reagan informed, "is an empty cupboard."
So it is. And right now, we're seeing the left empty. After burning down the house of Bush -- torching a good man with every weapon in the smoldering arsenal -- and assuring a Promised Land under Barack Obama, the left appears naked, with no answers anywhere in the cupboard. No water-turned-into-wine, no manna from heaven, no Holy Grail. All that remains are false promises from a false messiah made in the Left's own image. From Iran to Egypt to Libya, there are no solutions. This wasn't supposed to be.Hmmmm....."" Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them" (Matthew 7:15-20). What are the "fruits" according to the Bible? The "fruits of righteousness", see Luke 12:18; 2 Corinthians 9:10; Philippians 1:11. And what is the Biblical definition of "righteousness?"...for all thy COMMANDMENTS ARE RIGHTEOUSNESS"(Psalm 119:172). " Read the full story here.
- US backs Goldstone: Israel didn't commit war crimes.State Dept. concerned with anti-Israel bias in UNHRC. US congressman says he'll personally ask Ban Ki-moon to retract Goldstone Report.Addressing Judge Richard Goldstone's recent Washington Post op-ed, US State Department Spokesman Mark Toner said that the US long held that Israel did not engage in war crimes during Operation Cast Lead, in a press briefing Monday. Goldstone wrote last week that Israel did not have a policy of targeting civilians and accused the UNHRC of conducting itself with a bias towards Israel."We've made clear from when the Goldstone Report was initially presented and maintained ever since that we didn't see any evidence that the Israeli government had intentionally targeted civilians or otherwise engaged in any war crimes," he said.Toner also discussed the United Nations Human Rights Council, which Goldstone criticized for having a clear anti-Israel bias. The US remains concerned by "and will continue working to an end to the – what we believe is anti-Israeli – Israel bias in the Human Rights Council," he said.Also on Monday, US Congressman Eliot Engel (Dem.-NY) called on the United Nations to retract the Goldstone Report and said he will personally make a request to that end to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and US Ambassador to the UN Susan Rice later this week.Referring to Goldstone's Washington Post op-ed, Engel said, "Now that Mr. Goldstone has seen the error of his ways, it is time for the United Nations to retract the report.""The report was biased against Israel from the very start and I am glad to see Mr. Goldstone retract his earlier false findings," he added. "Perhaps this will stop the international community from rushing to judgment against Israel in the future - but I doubt it."Hmmmm......What will survive Truth or bias?Read the full story here.
- Merkel Stops German Involvement in Tehran Oil Transactions.Under pressure from Washington, German Chancellor Angela Merkel is moving to end German central bank involvement in oil payments between Indian and Iran. The deal had angered politicians in the US who believe Germany had been used to circumvent sanctions against Tehran.The German government reportedly plans to halt an oil deal worth billions of euros between India and Iran -- a deal which involved payments via Germany's central bank -- that had been sharply criticized by the United States government. On Tuesday, the German financial newspaper Handelsblatt cited high-ranking government sources close to Chancellor Angela Merkel stating that the Bundesbank would stop its involvement in the deals. The sources cited by Handelsblatt said the Bundesbank would process payments for oil deliveries that have already taken place, but would not permit further deals in the future. Both the Bundesbank and the controversial European-Iranian Trading Bank (EIHB) had been used by India previously to transfer payments to Iran in a move American officials believed had been designed to circumvent sanctions against Tehran. EIHB, described by some as the "house bank of the mullahs," has been the subject of considerable controversy since the European Union approved stricter sanctions against Tehran in July 2010 under pressure from the US. Officials in Washington believe that the small financial institution is being used to circumvent sanctions. Before Merkel intervened, a spokesperson for the US Treasury Department said Washington had been concerned about reports that the German government had authorized EIHB to process Indian oil payments to Iran. The Bundesbank had accepted money transfers from the Indian central bank, which it then passed along to the EIHB, the money's final conduit on its way to Tehran. Handelsblatt cited unnamed business sources expressing irritation over the government's move because, they claimed, not all of the wire transfers made by the Indians had been intended for Tehran. Business sources told Handelsblatt that part of the money had been intended to cover bills still owed to German companies by Iranian trading partners. An unnamed industry source told the newspaper that "German firms would now be sitting on receivables in the three-digit millions."Hmmmm......Obama’s State Dinner Invite to Merkel Explained.Or is it to get support against Israel?Read the full story here.
- Be Prepared: NYC Conducts “Dirty Bomb” Drill.A week-long series of terror drills involving dozens of agencies and first responders begins Tuesday in the Big Apple. The focus will be on one of the great concerns of the post-9/11 era: nuclear terrorism.The NYPD and 70 other law enforcement agencies across our region will test their ability to detect radiological materials and prevent an attack orchestrated by four fictional terror cells intent on targeting New York City with a “dirty bomb.”“We’ll be manning up to 400 checkpoints throughout the Metropolitan Area to test our ability to intercept radiological material. There actually will be samples of radiological materials,” NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly said.This is only a drill. There is no specific threat.Kelly said over the next five days, residents can expect to see a heightened presence near bridges, transit hubs, and on the waters around New York City.“The goal is to exercise our capacity to intersect radiological material coming into the city,” he said.The exercise will be supervised by an outside consultant and, with overtime pay inevitable, funded by a federal grant.“We’ve distributed, both in the New York City Police Department and other agencies throughout the Metropolitan Area 4,200 radiation-detection devices,” said Kelly.Particular areas that will be impacted include the Macombs Dam Bridge, the 225th Street Bridge, the 138th Street Bridge, the 155th Street Bridge and the Third Avenue Bridge.The exercise runs through Saturday.Hmmmm.......Perhaps related to the recent FEMA's $1 Billion order of dehydrated food in the event of attacks on domestic targets in the US?Read the full story here.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Why did Egypt's intelligence chief visit Syria?The US and Israel have both expressed concern about a recent visit to Damascus by new Egyptian intelligence chief Murad Muwafi. Mr. Muwafi and others "have a vision for what the relationship [with the U.S.] should look like after the revolution," said Mohammed Ali Bilal, a retired army general who worked closely with Mr. Muwafi. "This is a new era and they should consider the interests of Egypt."Mr. Muwafi's March 18 trip to Syria appears to be an indication of Egypt's changing priorities. Senior Egyptian officials, including Foreign Minister Nabil Elaraby, have said in recent weeks they want to repair their country's relationship with Syria, and the timing of Mr. Muwafi's visit coincided with an Egyptian push to restart the Palestinian reconciliation process.Much of Hamas' senior leadership lives in Damascus. Meeting with them could have been the main goal of the visit, U.S. officials said. "I think if we knew more, we'd feel better about it," said the senior U.S. defense official."We are not sure what was the exact purpose" of the trip to Syria, said Ehud Yaari, an Israel-based fellow at The Washington Institute for Near East Policy. He called the trip "very unusual."Isn't it interesting that the supposed winners of a popular revolution in Egypt would be siding with the tyranny of Bashar al-Assad in Damascus? Hmmmm......What?Ah yes Hillary:"Assad is a reformer"?Assad.......Erdogan.......Obama....Follow the dots.Read the full story here.
- Libyan 'Al-Qaida' rebels set to export oil again 'within hours' in bid to raise $130m to buy arms as ragtag forces are pushed back by Gaddafi.Rebel fighters landed a crucial blow on Colonel Gaddafi's crumbling regime today as they cleared the way to export the country's first shipment of oil since the conflict began a month ago. Gaddafi's dictatorship had churned out some 1.6 million barrels of oil a day and hoarded the proceeds among a tight-inner circle before uprisings spread across the region.But production slipped to a trickle and exports were banned as the international community refused to prop up the north African regime with 'blood money' from oil sales.Now freedom fighters who have captured a string of key oil towns have began moves to restart oil production that could provide millions in revenue for their revolutionary effort.Seizing oil production could be the killer blow that starves Gaddafi of the revenue he has relied upon to maintain an iron grip the country for 41 years.The rebel-controlled Arabian Oil Company has continued to produce around 100,000 barrels a day throughout the fighting but there has not been an international market for it.The first tanker since the conflict began arrived at a port in eastern Libya today to collect a million barrels of oil to be delivered to countries supporting the rebel fight.If the ship was filled to capacity, it could hold a million barrels, each worth $128. That would make the revenue from the first export around $128,000,000, or £78,660,000.The income would be used to procure much-needed weapons and supplies such as food and medical supplies that have been withheld by regime chiefs Tripoli. The Liberia-flagged Equator tanker, capable of carrying around one million barrels of crude oil, is currently off Port Said in Egypt and was expected to arrive at the Libyan port of Marsa al-Hariga, near the eastern city of Tobruk, today.The owner of the tanker, Greek-based Dynacom Tankers Management Ltd, refused to say why their tanker was close to Libya, and traders said they did not know who had chartered the vessel, which can carry a million barrels of oil.At the current trading price of $108 a barrel, a million barrels of east Libyan oil could sell for about $125m, providing much needed income for the rebels' war chest.Hmmmm....Is it not against the Law to do business with Al-Qaida?Read the full story here.
- HT:HotAirPundit.Rachel Maddow: Obama 'Kicked His Base in the Teeth' For Settling on Military Tribunals For Guantanamo Prisoners (Video).MADDOW: “That sort of tells you everything you need to know about how the beltway sees the relationship between the Democratic party and the Democratic party’s base …But a Democratic president kicks his base in the teeth on something as fundamental as civil liberties, he puts the nail in coffin of a civil liberties promise he made of his first full day in office and does it on the first day of his reelection effort? The beltway reaction to that is,-good move…That’s the difference between Republicans.Hmmmm....The Obama doctrine "Don't notice what i say ,watch what i do"!Read the full story here.
- HT:PajamasMedia.Libyan Rebel Commander: We Want to “Cut Gaddafi’s Throat, Then Establish an Islamic State”.“The Jihadists Go to the Front.” This is the title of French journalist Julien Fouchet’s report from eastern Libya that appears in the latest edition of the French Sunday paper Le Journal du Dimanche (JDD). Whereas American officials have been straining to make out “flickers” of intelligence suggesting a jihadist influence in the eastern Libyan rebellion against the rule of Muammar al-Gaddafi, Fouchet encountered a flagrant jihadist presence and met with participants who talked openly about their dedication to jihad and/or their desire to establish an Islamic state.On the front near the oil-producing town of Brega, for instance, Fouchet spotted a bearded commander on a sand dune giving orders by satellite phone. The man wore the traditional robe favored by the Salafist current of Islamic fundamentalism and had a Kalashnikov slung over his shoulder. “You can’t speak to him,” rebel fighters told Fouchet. “He is not fighting for Libya. If he is fighting today, it’s for Allah.” Fouchet describes seeing imams driving among the ranks of the rebel fighters in a pick-up truck and reciting prayers over a loudspeaker.Further to the east in Darnah, one of the strongholds of the rebellion, Fouchet met a certain Sheikh Choukri Al-Hasy, the director of the town’s principal mosque: the al-Sahaba mosque. As previously reported on PJM, according to captured al-Qaeda personnel records, Darnah furnished more foreign fighters to al-Qaeda in Iraq than any other foreign city or town — this despite the fact that the town’s total population is only 80,000. According to Fouchet’s account, the mosque contains a mausoleum where some 70 companions of the prophet Mohammed are reputedly buried. Seventeen rebel fighters are now buried nearby. “Those who followed the prophet Mohammed were the first jihadists,” Al-Hasy explained. “So, it’s normal that we are burying our martyrs next to them. . . .”Photos taken by Fouchet for the French photo agency Abaca Press show a wall of the mosque covered with portraits of the town’s “martyrs.” The captions to the Abaca Press images reveal a detail that is not mentioned in Fouchet’s JDD report. The “martyrs” commemorated at Darnah’s Al-Sahaba mosque also include locals who died fighting in Iraq.Hmmmm.....Special thanks to "Caliph Obama" for his support?Read the full story here.
- HT:SultanKnish.A Special Message from Barack Obama.Hello American Voter,
They say time flies when you're having fun, and those four years sure went by real fast. Between the golfing and the legislating, the bailing out and the spending, suddenly you stop and wonder where the time went. I was just dancing the night away in sunny Rio, after committing American forces to a war that one of my advisers thought was a good idea, when suddenly it hit me and I stopped the samba and said. "Hey Michelle, isn't it time for another one of those elections."
I like elections myself. And if you're anything like me, you like them too. The campaigns are like this huge party that goes on for a whole year. And then when it's over, they throw you an even bigger party. There's lots of free food, you fly around on a jet plane to all the important states and everyone wants to have their picture taken with you. Some of my advisers are telling me that I might lose this one, but I don't believe that for a second. I mean how in the world could I lose?
Sure some of you are sore about the economy. I don't know why. All my top economic advisers, including that GE guy, say that we're in full recovery. Hell, I've been spending money like crazy. If there was anything wrong with the economy, wouldn't the money just run out? The problem is some of you just ain't educated enough. Now I go on campaign stops to some podunk little town in some state you couldn't normally pay me to visit and see all these dumb idiots standing around and asking where the jobs are. "Where are the jobs at, my man?" The jobs are in government. The canneries ain't coming back. The factories aren't returning from China. If you want to work, you work for the government. Like me.The future is the hustler. Forget jobs and hard work. Anything you can do, a bunch of Asian dudes can do for less. And they'll work longer hours with no benefits to do it. It's not about your technical skills, but your people skills. Everyone's hustling and you gotta hustle the hustlers. Get yourself a brand name. Build up an image. Work the crowds. Get out there and convince people that you got what they need. Make em give you money to do it. I got this one crazy ass Nazi billionaire to fund my grass roots campaign by promising to destroy America. That's how you do it. Play the game. Work your way up to the top. And when you get there, you're me. King of the hustlers.
That's what a campaign is all about. And that's why I love it. The feel of millions of hungry people looking for you to give them hope. And I look right in their faces and promise them that if they just give me another four years, everything will be alright. Sure it will.
Is this the warm sincere smile of a man who would lie to you? Again? No way. Stick with me and you won't even notice when it's all gone.So get organized. Call your friends. Like me on Facebook. Retweet me. Send me money. Shoot videos of yourself supporting me while holding a Nintendo 3DS or an iPad 2 or some other trendy rich kid's toy. Something to show you're a cutting edge guy or girl. And go out there and support me. Get out there and hustle for me. And if you do it real well, someday you might even be me. If there's even an America still around by then.Hmmm....The Obamination?Read the full story here.
- Turkey - EU to take action on Turkish press freedom.The European Commission will convene a special conference in Brussels next month to discuss freedom of expression after a series of events in Turkey and the Balkans that it has termed violations of press freedom.The upcoming conference not only highlights increasing concern among certain political circles in Brussels over the state of the press freedom in the region, but also coincides with a period in Turkey in which press freedom has been a matter of extensive public debate.EU Enlargement Commissioner Stefan Fule, who is expected to attend the conference, has raised his level of criticism of Turkish press freedom considerably, especially after the recent arrests of journalists in the country.Meanwhile, an Austrian member of the European Council, Evelyn Regner, proposed a parliamentary question in reference to the case of Mustafa Balbay, a prominent Turkish journalist who was arrested in March 2009.The European Council responded to Regner’s parliamentary question by stating that human rights issues, basic rights and freedoms, including the concerns in Balbay’s case, would continue to be monitored in accordance with the due processes involved in Turkey’s accession negotiations.“Turkey’s progress in accession negotiations for EU membership is measured within the framework of these requests,” the Presidency of the European Council said.Hmmmm....Turkey the worst violator of human rights.Keep Turkey out of the European Union!Read the full story here.
- ROOT: Obama might be a socialist.For some reason, most Americans think he is.I ought to know. I was Mr. Obama’s college classmate at Columbia University Class of ‘83. Our college was dominated by socialists and Marxists who hated capitalism and America. Let’s look at the facts up close and personal - Jeff Foxworthy style. Mr. Foxworthy leaves no doubt as to “who might be a redneck.” Let me leave no doubt that “Obama might be a socialist.”
If you believe it’s greedy for American taxpayers to want to keep more of their own money, but not greedy to demand that government confiscate other people’s money and redistribute it to those who didn’t earn it, you might be a socialist.
If you don’t understand (or care) that babies scream and cry the moment they are born because they are already heavily in debt and facing a bleak future and lower quality of life, you might be a socialist.
If the only thing you, your Cabinet members and czars know about business is from books read at Harvard Law School, written by Karl Marx, you might be a socialist.
If you think it’s OK to meet with dictators, bullies, tyrants and terrorist sympathizers without preconditions, but have no interest in meeting with conservatives in Congress, you might be a socialist.
If you think it’s OK to give constitutional rights to terrorists, but not to the bondholders, shareholders and secured creditors of GM and Chrysler when you stole the company from them and awarded it to the unions that bankrupted them, you might be a socialist.Read the full story here.
- Rabbi calls for sacrifice on Temple Mount.Jews evading Passover mitzvah are risking supernatural punishment, warns Safed's Chief Rabbi Shmuel Eliyahu. The annual attempts to resume the Passover sacrifice received a first significant rabbinical backing recently. Safed's Chief Rabbi Shmuel Eliyahu, a prominent religious Zionism leader, has called on the public to perform the sacrifice mitzvah on the eve of the Jewish holiday, in about two weeks.Speaking during a Halacha lesson in Jerusalem last week, the rabbi warned that Jews evading the mitzvah were risking "Kareth" - a supernatural punishment for transgressing Jewish Law.
According to Rabbi Eliyahu, there is a halachic, legal and public possibility to offer a Passover sacrifice these days. During the lesson, he quoted senior rabbinical authorities, adding that Rabbi Zvi Hirsch Kalisher – one of the founders of modern and religious Zionism – had asked the Turkish sultan to allot an area on the Temple Mount for the erection of an altar for a Passover sacrifice. The Safed rabbi went on to say that the Passover sacrifice could be slaughtered in front of the Dome of the Rock plaza, although the Temple no longer exists and the people of Israel are defined as "tameh met" (in a status of impurity which comes from contact with a dead body).
In order to overcome the greatest obstacle, beyond the political problem, an altar must be erected, the rabbi said. He also called for the preparation of "priesthood clothes", which are the only ones in which Kohanim (priests) can perform their work at the Temple.Addressing the legal aspect, Rabbi Eliyahu claimed that every person has the right to perform the commandment of his religion according to his own understanding. He added that petitions filed with the High Court of Justice against the sacrifice were accepted only because the police were unprepared to secure the ceremony. "It's perfectly clear that if the public pressures its representatives in the government or in the Knesset, everything will change. If the judges have ruled that the police must secure simpler protests, why not the Passover sacrifice?" Eliyahu rejected the claim that it was impossible to resume the mitzvah publicly. Addressing the international diplomatic ramifications, he said, "We are being threatened that any movement on our part on the Temple Mount will launch the third world war… (But) we can free our souls of the horror of the gentiles, just like we freed ourselves before the Exodus." He rejected the internal opposition too. "Some fear the public echo of the Passover sacrifice – how will the seculars view it? What will the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals say? The truth is that this should not even be discussed…He said his remarks were not lip service, but laws being learned "as a real demand and real preparation for the Passover sacrifice. Although we are not used to it, and have gotten used to living without a temple, we must change our ways." Read the full story here.
- HT:TranslatingJihad.Fatwa: "Allah Restricts Through the State What He Doesn't Restrict Through the Qur'an".Translated from a fatwa by the late Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, Shaykh 'Abd-al-'Aziz bin Baz, reprinted in almoslim.net, 2 April 2011:
Question: If this is a hadith, explain it to us: "Allah restricts through the State what he doesn't restrict through the Qur'an."
Answer: Praise be to Allah alone, and peace be upon he who has no prophet after him.
This is a well-known saying of 'Uthman (may Allah be pleased with him), and confirmed by 'Uthman bin 'Afan, the third rightly-guided caliph (may Allah be pleased with him). It is also narrated from 'Umar (may Allah be pleased with him): "Allah restricts through the State what he doesn't restrict through the Qur'an." This means that he prohibits the people from committing that which is forbidden, more through the power of the State than through the Qur'an. For some people have weak faith, and are not affected by the restraints of the Qur'an. Instead they deny the Qur'an, and approach that which is forbidden with indifference. But when they know that there is a punishment from the State, they step back, afraid of the State's punishment. For Allah restricts through the State, meaning the punishments of the State--through them he restricts the actions of some criminals more than he does through the Qur'an due to their weak faith, and lack of fear of Almighty Allah. But they fear that the State will persecute them, or strike them, or take their money, or exile them from the country. They fear all of this, so they restrain themselves according to what is prohibited in the Qur'an, due to their weak faith and lack of discernment. There is no strength except in Allah. May Allah reward you well. By Allah comes success, and may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon our prophet Muhammad, as well as his family and companions.Read the full story here.
A young woman in Colorado named Ann Barnhardt watched Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) holding forth on television yesterday about the necessity for rolling back the First Amendment in order not to anger Muslims. This did not sit well with her, and she made a two-part video for YouTube expressing her outrage, and vigorously affirming her right to patriotic dissent.
She declares herself strongly at the beginning of the first video:
Hello, my name is Ann Barnhardt, and I am apparently one of the very, very last people left in Western Civilization who possesses any quantity of brains and balls simultaneously.
And it gets even better after that. The second video shows her tearing out pages — bookmarked with strips of bacon — from the Koran, and burning them one by one. HT : Right Truth. Part Two here .
- Live broadcast info from Japan directly ! Here.
- Libya Live Blog - April 05. Here .(Al-Jazeera)And here (BBC).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan between 4.7 and 4.9 today. More info here.
- Latest official Situation Update No. 75.On 05.04.2011 at 03:25 GMT+2.
Japan needs to discharge a total of 11,500 metric tons of low-contaminated water into the ocean from a stricken nuclear power plant, a Japanese official said on Monday. Koichiro Nakamura, a deputy director general of Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency (NISA), said the measure was needed to "avoid a more serious risk," without elaborating. He spoke at a news conference after he and other Japanese officials briefed member states of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Vienna about the crisis at the Fukushima Daiichi plant. Plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) was forced on Monday to release low-level radioactive seawater that had been used to cool overheated fuel rods after it ran out of storage capacity for more highly contaminated water. TEPCO said it would release more than 10,000 tonnes of water about 100 times more radioactive than legal limits in order to free storage capacity for more highly contaminated water. Nakamura, citing information from the company, said the 10,000 tonnes needed to be dumped into the ocean to make storage space for higher-radioactive water now in reactor unit 2. Another 1,500 tonnes was accumulated ground water in a drain pit of units 5 and 6. "The total amount of water we need to discharge is 11,500 tonnes," he said, speaking through an interpreter. Source .
- House Votes this Week to Reverse FCC Net Neutrality Power Grab.The Congressional Review Act (CRA) Resolution of Disapproval of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)’s December 21st illegal Internet power grab, executed so they could then impose Network Neutrality – will be marked up today, and brought to the House floor for a full vote this week.This is our first opportunity to rein in the Barack Obama Administration’s ongoing, all-encompassing effort to bypass Congress and enact their Leftist policies via executive branch regulatory fiat.There are thirteen swing-district Democrats on whom pressure has been put by their leadership to stand for the ridiculous and oppressive notion that is Net Neutrality – by voting Nay on the CRA Resolution.
Let’s persuade them otherwise, shall we?Please, let your fingers do the walking – and the talking.Hmmmm......"Yes we can"!Read the full story here.
- HT:AmnonAndJonathan.Murdered by Peace !Israeli peace activist Juliano Mer Khamis shot dead in Jenin.An Israeli actor and peace activist who ran a drama project in a Palestinian refugee camp has been shot dead by masked men, metres from the theatre he founded.Juliano Mer Khamis, 52, had received threats for his work in Jenin in the northern West Bank but continued to divide his time between Jenin and Haifa in the north of Israel. Witnesses said he was shot five times.Mer Khamis appeared in a number of Israeli films after his first film role in the 1984 production of the John Le Carre novel The Little Drummer Girl, about Mossad's hunt for a PLO bomber.He was born to a Jewish mother and an Arab Christian father. His mother, Arna, was renowned for setting up a theatre group in Jenin during the first Intifada which started in 1987. Mer Khamis directed the film Arna's Children, which celebrated her work, which he continued after her death in 1994. His wife, Jenny, a Finn, is pregnant with twins. She heard of his death from Israeli radio.Mer Khamis's body was transported to an Israeli checkpoint, from where it was taken to Tel Aviv for a postmortem examination.While his work was widely appreciated by Palestinians, his bringing together of young men and women angered conservative Muslim elements in Jenin. In addition to threats, fire bombs were thrown at the theatre. However the project was supported by local militants. Zakaria Zubeidi, a leader of the al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, frequented the theatre as a child.Kadura Musa, governor of Jenin, said: "He was a Palestinian citizen of Israeli origin. An actor and an artist but most of all a true human being. We don't know why this happened, but all the people of the camp condemn the death of this son of ours whose mother also did so much for the people of Jenin."Read the full story here.
- HT:TheAmericanDream.Debt Management: Is There Any Hope For America’s Debt Problem?Wouldn't it be nice if our politicians in Washington D.C. simply decided that we are not going to spend more money then we bring in? That would just seem to be common sense. After all, what do most of those big time debt management seminars teach? Most of the time they tell families with debt problems that the very first thing that they need to do is to stop spending so much darn money. Well, with the U.S. government things are just not that simple. In fact, even the most "crazy" budget proposals floating around Congress right now would not balance the federal budget until 20 years from now. The truth is that there does not seem to be much hope for America's debt problem. In fact, it appears to be inevitable that it will continue to get worse long into the future.So is there anyone in Congress that is serious about balancing the budget right now? Well, there are a handful of politicians in Washington that want to address the problem right now, but they are generally labeled as "extremists" by the mainstream media.Instead, the mainstream media has been focusing on the brutal fight over the small budget cuts that the establishment Republicans are proposing. CNN, Fox News and MSNBC make it seem as though this is a "life or death" fight, but the reality is that it really isn't going to make much of a difference no matter who wins.Right now the Obama administration estimates that the federal budget deficit for fiscal 2011 will be approximately 1.6 trillion dollars.
The Republicans propose to reduce that amount by 3.8%.
The Democrats say that they only want to cut it by 2.1%.
Wow, both parties are really wielding the budget-cutting axe, eh?The truth is that this situation is a complete and total joke.Read the full story here.
- Now there are eight: Growing horror as police find bodies of three MORE 'Craigslist killer' victims on Long Island beach.Searchers scouring the dense undergrowth of a New York beach for victims of a suspected serial killer have made the gruesome discovery of three more bodies, authorities revealed today.The chilling find brings the total of victims police believe were murdered by the 'Craigslist killer' to at least seven. An eighth body has also been found but investigators have not officially connected it to the case yet. The search was originally sparked by the disappearance of a New Jersey prostitute named Shannan Gilbert. Despite the discovery of seven other bodies, she has not yet been found.Searchers perched in fire truck bucket ladders and others on foot are scanning the tick-infested vegetation for more bodies.Suffolk County Police Commissioner Richard Dormer said the search was expected to resume tomorrow.Police also employed helicopters and cadaver dogs, as well as police academy cadets, detectives and volunteer firefighters, in their search through thick underbrush and evergreens on a barrier island south of Long Island.Dominick Varrone, Suffolk's chief of detectives, said the dogs were having a difficult time maneuvering through the brush. 'They don't like getting smacked in the face with the bramble,' he said.Police said as many as 20 officers had been infected with poison ivy during recent searches.Gilbert, 24, was last seen in Oak Beach on May 1, 2010, after apparently meeting a client she had booked through Craigslist. The bodies of the four other women, who also worked as Craigslist escorts and were in their 20s, were found along the same highway by police searching for Gilbert.Suffolk County police said that there were substantial similarities in how the four women discovered in December died but declined to reveal their causes of death at the time.The four dead prostitutes were found in December in the area, a four-foot-tall tangle of sea grass punctuated by scrubby pine trees. Each of those bodies had been wrapped in burlap - a type of sack-like cloth - and were reportedly found clustered within five hundred feet of the other nearest victim.Authorities believe the women were killed at a different location but then their bodies were dumped on the Long Island beach.Read the full story here.
- Bloody Pig's Foot Mailed to Top House Republican King.A bloody pig’s foot was sent to the chairman of the House committee on Homeland Security, Rep. Pete King, R-New York, along with an anti-Semitic note referencing King’s contentious hearings last month examining the radicalization of American-Muslim youths. The package was intercepted before it reached King’s DC office, at a postal screening facility off Capitol Hill that radiates and searches congressional mail for explosives and chemicals before being delivered to an office, according to a congressional source familiar with the investigation. It was not immediately clear where the package was mailed from or when it was intercepted by screeners. U.S. Capitol Police spokeswoman Sgt. Kimberly Schneider would not confirm the contents of the package but told ABC News “We have an active open investigation re: this incident and are working with postal inspectors.”The controversial hearing March 10 was the first in a series by the committee examining the radicalization of the American-Muslim youth and drew intense scrutiny from interfaith community activists. Numerous lawmakers also spoke out against the topic of the hearings, calling for a broader examination of radical extremism among other religions and belief groups in addition to Islam.Hmmmm.......Now who would do this?Read the full story here.
- "Muslims Pretend to be Nice People" Father Zakaria Butros, who went to jail in Egypt for converting hundreds of thousands of muslims to Christianity, tells like it is.Read and see the full story here.
- HT:Aina.Turkey Slams Argentine Court Ruling on Genocide.ANKARA -- Turkey slammed a Friday Argentine court ruling, which said the Turkish state committed Genocide against the Armenians.The Turkish foreign ministry on Monday said the ruling is an example of how legal systems are abused by "extreme nationalists" belonging to the Armenian Diaspora. The ministry said the decision was based on unserious accusations and it destabilizes Turkey's efforts to mend ties with Armenia, reported the Associated Press. Armenia's Ambassador to Argentina, Vladimir Karmirshalyan, on Saturday said the Argentine judge upheld the "the right to the truth."An Argentine judge ruled Friday that "the Turkish state committed the crime of genocide against the Armenian people" between 1915 and 1923.The 100-plus page ruling, which was read Friday, resulted from a case presented 10-year ago by the Luisa Hairapetian Fund. Throughout the proceedings, which lasted 120 months, the court has heard grueling testimony from Genocide survivors, their families and other members of the community.The plaintiff, Gregorio Hairapetian was joined by his family, attorneys for the Luisa Hairapetian Foundation, the Argentine press corps, as well as the Armenian National Committee of Argentina members and the community at large.In his ruling Friday, Judge Norberto Oyarbide said that Turkey should help an Armenian descendant living in Argentina learn the fate of more than 50 of his relatives who disappeared nearly a century ago.Oyarbide used as a basis for his ruling the 2007 Argentine law that declares April 23 as a day of "solidarity and respect" in memory of the Armenian Genocide.Hmmmm......Erdogan "Muslims don't commit genocide".Read the full story here.More on the Armenian genocide here .
- Cemal Pasha’s Grandson Says Genocide, Morgenthau’s Great Granddaughter doesn’t.Hundreds of Armenians turned out at UCLA last Thursday night to hear with great apprehension Hasan Cemal, the grandson of Cemal Pasha -- one of the top three Turkish butchers of the Armenian nation. This unique and controversial event, titled "From Der Zor to Dzidzernagapert: A Conversation with Hasan Cemal," was organized by AGBU Asbeds.
Understandably, there was great tension in the air. The large hall was filled to capacity and many were turned away due to lack of room. The presence of armed policemen and security guards inside the hall was both reassuring and disturbing. Cemal confirmed that he was cautioned against coming to Los Angeles, but fortunately everything proceeded calmly. The most shocking thing that evening was not what Cemal said, but what another speaker, Dr. Pamela Steiner, the great granddaughter of Amb. Henry Morgenthau, did not say! Kurken Berksanlar, Chairman of ABGU Asbeds, welcomed everyone to "an open-minded conversation." While admitting that some Armenians view with great suspicion Turks who acknowledge the Genocide, he believed that "progressive” Turks, who are speaking openly about the evens of 1915…, appear to be above and beyond the reach and control of today’s Turkish government."A columnist at Milliyet newspaper, Cemal immediately won over his skeptical audience by greeting them in Armenian -- "parev harkeli paregamner" -- and telling them: "I came here to open my heart and open my mind to you…. I know your pain, your grief of Genocide, your grief of Meds Yeghern." Ignoring Article 301 of the Turkish Penal Code which bans the use of the term Armenian Genocide, he courageously repeated those words several more times during his talk. He also condemned the Turkish government’s denial of the Armenian Genocide, calling it "colluding in the crime!"I found Cemal to be both candid and brave. He could have easily avoided the use of the term Armenian Genocide, maintaining that doing so could land him in jail. However, he made no excuses and used the genocide term several times. Calling his own grandfather "a beast" who was responsible for "the Great Catastrophe," he described today’s Turkey as "a manic-depressive country!"On the other hand, Dr. Steiner, as a Jewish-American and direct descendant of Amb. Morgenthau, cannot be excused for her persistent refusal to use the term genocide, despite her self-avowed good intentions. Anyone who does not acknowledge the truth of the Armenian Genocide loses the moral authority to play a constructive role in Armenian-Turkish relations. One cannot remain neutral between a victim and victimizer. She should heed the wise words of Holocaust survivor and Nobel Laureate Elie Wiesel who stated: "Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim!"Two days after her talk at UCLA, Dr. Steiner sent me a lengthy e-mail explaining further her role as facilitator and insisting that Amb. Morgenthau would have supported her work. I cannot pretend to know her great grandfather better than her, but being familiar with the Ambassador’s humanitarian efforts during and after the Genocide, I have no doubt that he would have done everything possible to bring justice to Armenians, rather than remaining neutral between the perpetrators and their victims.Hmmmm....."Countries which have officially recognized the so-called Armenian genocide will face retaliation from Turkey, warned Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan".Read the full story here.
- HT:UnDhimmi.Media Cover Up? Tunisian Refugees Torch Church on Italian ‘Refugee Island’.So let’s get this straight, Tunisian refugees were taken in by (presumably) a Christian minister, who was then repayed by having his church set on fire?Sounds like systems normal to us:Tunisian refugees have set on fire a church at Lampedusa Island, Italy. No details of this incident have yet been revealed.For some days, the situation on the island has been very tense. Local residents were unsatisfied by the torrent of Tunisian refugees, while the latter complained of poor accommodation conditions.The church was set on fire after the priest had accommodated 36 teenage refugees in the parish.Hmmmm.....Burning Koran ...outrage !Burning Church...be my guest?Read the full story here.
- HT:Aina.Turkish Assyrians Lament Problems With Education, St. Gabriel Monastery.Syriacs in Turkey are fighting to regain their rite to educate their children in their own language, which is recognized by UNESCO as being in danger of extinction. At the same time, many Syriacs are hoping to stop a land grab against the community's most symbolic center in the country, the 1,700-year-old Mor Gabriel Monastery in MardinTurkey's dwindling number of Syriacs are caught in bureaucratic limbo and are unable to adequately teach their children either their language or their religion, according to members of the community."We need a school," Şabo Boyacı, a leading figure of the Assyrian community and editor of www.suryaniler.com, recently told the Hürriyet Daily News & Economic Review. "But even if we are allowed to have one, we would face difficulties in education because it is almost impossible to have a teacher fluent in Syriac to teach adequately."The last Syriac school closed its doors in 1938. "Until the late 1980s, we were going to Armenian and Greek minority schools. But there was a complaint issued, it resulted in a state inquiry and we were deprived of this right," said Boyacı.Turkey does not recognize the 15,000-strong Christian Syriacs as a minority, unlike the Greek Orthodox, Armenians and Jews, each of whom is permitted to maintain their own school systems; as such, many from the community attend public schools, especially in Istanbul. Nonetheless, because they are Christians, they are exempted from mandatory religious classes, like the recognized minorities."Because [my daughter] is a Christian, she is exempted from the religious courses, but this makes her feel like the 'other,'" Mesopotamia Culture and Solidarity Association board member Tuma Özdemir told the Daily News. "She should have education in line with her beliefs. Once when she asked me, 'Why we are not converting to Islam and becoming part of the whole?' I was deeply saddened. Our children go to the elderly in order to learn one or two hymns. We have only one church in Istanbul and we cannot even raise our own men of religion.""We have not only been deprived of our education right," Boyacı said, adding that they also faced problems with religious complexes in Southeast Anatolia, primarily the 1,700-year-old Deyrulumur, or Mor Gabriel Monastery, in the town of Midyat, Mardin. "We want Mor Gabriel back."Read the full story here.
- ObamaNomics: Federal Government Spent More Than Eight Times Its Monthly Revenue in March.The U.S. Treasury has released a final statement for the month of March that demonstrates that financial madness has gripped the federal government.During the month, according to the Treasury, the federal government grossed $194 billion in tax revenue and paid out $65.898 billion in tax refunds (including $62.011 to individuals and $3.887 to businesses) thus netting $128.179 billion in tax revenue for March.At the same, the Treasury paid out a total of $1.1187 trillion. When the $65.898 billion in tax refunds is deducted from that, the Treasury paid a net of $1.0528 trillion in federal expenses for March.That $1.0528 trillion in spending for March equaled 8.2 times the $128.179 in net federal tax revenue for the month.Hmmmm.....If he wanted to destroy America would he do anything different?WHO in his right mind would vote for this?Read the full story here.
- NATO’s Rasmussen, Erdoğan discuss Libya truce prospects.NATO's chief held talks with Turkish leaders on Monday in Ankara to discuss the prospect of cease-fire in the northern African country of Libya in line with a UN Security Council resolution calling for “the immediate establishment of a cease-fire,” and aimed at protecting civilians in the country, officials said. NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen's first stop in Ankara was Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan's office. Defense Minister Vecdi Gönül and Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu also participated in the meeting between Rasmussen and Erdoğan who took a break during the weekly Cabinet meeting in order to meet with Rasmussen.“In addition to discussing ways of maintaining the cease-fire in Libya, Erdoğan and Rasmussen exchanged views on the need to show respect for the will of the Libyan people,” sources from the prime minister's office told Today's Zaman.Rasmussen, meanwhile, informed Erdoğan of “NATO's new command system,” the sources said, without elaborating further.Hmmmm.....Since when is NATO run by Turkey?Read the full story here.
- NATO signs major command and control system contracts.NATO has announced a succession of development and implementation contracts for command and control equipment, which will allow for increased interoperability in European air commands. The deals, signed with Siemens, STM and ThalesRaytheonSystems, will also provide the initial operational capacity onto which the future missile defence architecture will be integrated. The agreements revolve around Europe’s Air Command and Control capabilities. Siemens and STM have been commissioned to develop information systems, as part of the new Bi-Strategic Command Automated Information Systems Functional Services programme. Meanwhile, ThalesRaytheonSystems will carry out the first phase of command and control architecture for the new Active Layered Theatre Ballistic Missile Defence (ALTBMD) programme, which was handed over to NATO staff earlier this week.Read the full story here.
- HT:TheJawaReport.Plotting an attack on a jihadi forum, AMAF edition .[Keep in mind that the events discussed occurred more than a year *after* the great jihadi forum takedowns of 2008, when the forums are alleged to have become unworthy of trust in the eyes of the jihadi rank and file.]
Summary: In February 2009 Spanish counter-terrorism investigators opened a case against Faical Errai, a native of Morocco who was then living in Spain, and who was just starting to establish the Ansar al-Mujahideen Arabic Forum (AMAF). In December of 2009 two members of AMAF engaged in a private discussion which was captured by an un-named police force (presumably Spanish). One participant was in Belgium, the other in Saudi Arabia. The contents of that discussion were shared with authorities in Belgium, who opened their own investigation as a result. Faical was subsequently arrested in Spain in late August 2010, and the Belgium investigation culminated in the arrest of seven jihadis, including at least one AMAF member, in November of 2010 (three other individuals were arrested in Netherlands and Germany in relation to the same case). Saudi authorities took their guy into custody in April of 2011.Within the past week a Dutch translation of the original Arabic discussion at AMAF was released to the Belgium media - a text transcript was published by De Standaard newspaper, while excerpts were cited in a de Redactie TV news report (which is dubbed in English at this link).Read and see the full story here.
- HT:JudicialWatch.JW Statement on the Obama Justice Department’s Announcement that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed will be Tried before Military Commission.Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton issued the following statement today regarding the Obama Justice Department’s stunning reversal that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed will be tried by a military commission and not by a civil court in New York City, as the Obama administration had originally planned.
“It is no coincidence that this stunning reversal comes on the day that President Obama announced his reelection campaign. The mishandling of the KSM trial is another blow to Attorney General Eric Holder, who should have been replaced long ago. Mr. Holder has demonstrated that he is incapable of providing the leadership necessary for the fair and competent administration of justice at DOJ.”
“KSM long ago pled guilty to the charges initially brought against him in military commission proceedings. That he still walks the face of the Earth highlights the moral and strategic failure of the Obama administration’s approach to the terrorist detention issue. We hope this political decision will begin to undo the damage done to our nation’s security by the Obama administration’s ideological attack on Gitmo.”
Regarding the military tribunal system, Judicial Watch Litigation Director Paul Orfanedes visited Guantanamo Bay in 2008 by invitation to monitor military commission proceedings against Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and other top 9/11 conspirators. Judicial Watch’s presence provided some balance to the ACLU and other radical groups advocating for the terrorist detainees. Following his visit to Guantanamo Bay, Mr. Orfanedes said he witnessed a “deep commitment” to justice on the part of military lawyers.Judicial Watch has been sharply critical of the Obama administration’s mishandling of the Khalid Sheikh Mohammed decision and the administration’s expressed intent to close the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay. Judicial Watch has also battled the Obama administration to obtain documents that would shed light on the threat of terrorism and the administration’s response.For example, Judicial Watch recently obtained documents from the Department of Defense (DOD) detailing the significant risks of releasing “enemy combatants” detained at Guantanamo Bay. Judicial Watch also obtained documents from the Obama DOD detailing a deliberate campaign by al-Qaida and other extremist groups to recruit juveniles and launch terrorist attacks against children. The records consist of two Joint Task Force Intelligence Information Reports from debriefs of detainees at the U.S. terrorist detention facility in Guantanamo Bay.Read the full story here.
- HT:Memri.Muslim Brotherhood Spokesman Slams U.S. Interference In Egypt.Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood spokesman Essam Al-Arian has accused the U.S. of interfering in the Egyptian revolution, and warned that the people who were able to say "enough to Mubarak…are ready to say enough to everybody."America is still making fatal mistakes as America, and you know what I mean. It must review its strategy, and listen to the people, not listen to the regimes. You are biased till now, biased. You are hypocritical,” Al-Arian said.He pointed out that the U.S. is trying to determine the outcome of political change in his country but said that Americans will not find any leadership to "negotiate with… and to satisfy" because "now the people are in the game."He added that after the revolution the Muslim Brotherhood continued to play a role in politics but not in the “narrow perception” of a political party that seeks to attract the support of the majority people and achieve power.Hmmmm......The people the Obama regime is pledging 1,57 Billion Dollar in 2012.Can we start impeachment now?Read the full story here.
- Egypt ready to 'open new page' in relations with Iran.Egyptian Foreign Minister Elaraby meets Iranian official Amani, says people in both countries 'deserve mutual relations reflecting their history and civilization'.Cairo is ready to re-establish diplomatic ties with Tehran after a break of more than 30 years, Egypt's foreign minister said on Monday, signaling a shift in Iran policy since the fall of President Hosni Mubarak. "The Egyptian and Iranian people deserve to have mutual relations reflecting their history and civilization," said Foreign Minister Nabil Elaraby after meeting Iranian official Mugtabi Amani.Hmmmm.....Obama "Israel may benefit from the changes in the Arab world" yeah whatevah!Read the full story here.
- Harper’s promise to kill gun registry could trigger additional rural seats.The federal long-gun registry, long a thorn in the side of many rural Canadians and hunters, is back on the Conservative policy agenda, not that it ever really left.Tory leader Stephen Harper promised again today to scrap the registry hoping to attract rural voters and erode support of a number of NDP and Liberal candidates who changed their positions during a parliamentary vote on a private members bill last September.So, the inevitable question was tabled by a reporter in Welland, Ont. where Harper reiterated his party's position: If you win a majority government, what about other private members bills introduced concerning issues such as abortion?Clearly, there's concern among some of the electorate that a few socially conservative members of Harper's caucus will use a majority to attempt to implement their agenda.But is that fear valid? Harper says no."Our agenda is the same agenda with a majority government or a minority government," he told reporters.And, it was no accident Harper chose Welland to make the promise. Welland NDP Malcolm Allen voted against killing the gun registry and only retained his riding in the 2008 election by a small margin, fewer than 500 votes to his Conservative rival.The Tories hope to capitalize on this and in other vulnerable ridings as well, including several in northern Ontario. The Tories have targeted eight Liberals and six New Democrats in this campaign over their vote reversal on the gun registry.While killing the long-gun registry has been a Conservative party plank from the outset, it's apparent in this election it could be the difference between a majority and minority government.Read the full story here.
- HT:DaledAmos.Picture: Next Time They Compare Israeli Ultra-Orthodox To Muslim Brotherhood--Show Them This. Here.
- Warnings over rise in messages asking for private information after millions of email addresses stolen in massive data breach.A large-scale breach in security at an email management company has led to warnings over fraudulent emails that will try to coax account information from users.With the possible theft of millions of email addresses from the Texas-based company, such brands as Chase bank and Best Buy are warning their customers to be extra cautious about any electronic correspondence.Hackers may have learned email addresses after security breach at Epsilon, which manages email communications.The email addresses could be used to target spam. It's also a standard tactic among online fraudsters to send emails to random people, purporting to be from a large bank and asking them to login in at a site that looks like the bank's site. Instead, the fraudulent site captures their login information and uses it to access the real account. The data breach could make these so-called 'phishing' attacks more efficient, by allowing the fraudsters to target people who actually have an account with the bank.Among the affected businesses are financial-service companies such as Capital One Financial Corp, Barclays Bank, U.S. Bancorp, Citigroup Inc, JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Ameriprise Financial Inc.Retailers include Best Buy Co, TiVo Inc, Walgreen Co.and Kroger Co. The College Board, the not-for-profit organisation that runs the SATs, also warned that the breach may have led to student email addresses being obtained. Walt Disney's travel subsidiary, Disney Destinations, sent emails warning customers on Sunday. Hotel chain Marriott International issued a similar warning. Epsilon said Friday that its system had been breached, exposing email addresses and customer names but no other personal information. Epsilon, a unit of Alliance Data Systems Corp, sends more than 40 billion emails annually and has more than 2,500 clients. Shares of the parent company fell $2.78, or 3.2 per cent, to $83.15 in early afternoon trading today. The scale of the data breach meant that many people got warnings from multiple companies over the weekend. Read the full story here.