Monday, March 28, 2011
New Black Panthers Turn on Obama in an N-Word, Uncle Tom Tirade (Content Warning)HT: The Blaze .
- Live broadcast info from Japan directly ! Here.
- Sirya live blog - March 28 here.(Al -Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan between 4.6 and 5.4 today. More info here.
- Latest official Situation Update No. 64.On 27.03.2011 at 08:29 GMT+2.
Three types of plutonium have turned up amid the radioactive contamination on the grounds of the earthquake-damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, its owner reported Monday. The plutonium is a byproduct of nuclear reactions that is also part of the fuel mix at the damaged No. 3 reactor. It was found in soil at five different points inside the plant grounds, the Tokyo Electric Power Company said late Monday. Plutonium can be a serious health hazard if inhaled or ingested, but external exposure poses little health risk, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.Source.
- IDF clinic in Japan commences work.Israeli aid mission sets up clinic in tsunami-stricken Japan to help residents of Miyagi Prefecture.Members of the Israeli aid mission to Japan held a status evaluation on Monday in the Miyagi Prefecture, which was hit hard by a devastating earthquake and tsunami more than two weeks ago. The delegation, headed by Brigadier-General Shalom Ben Aryeh, discussed the current situation with Home Front Command Chief Yair Golan and Chief Medical Officer Nachman Ash. It has begun setting up an Israeli clinic which includes orthopedics, surgical, and intensive care units as well as a delivery room and a pharmacy. It is scheduled to commence operations later on Monday.Local medical officials visited the site on Monday. The IDF clinic is slated to provide medical assistance to locals for a number of weeks. The 60-member delegation mainly consists of doctors and nurses from the Medical Corps.The delegation includes 50 doctors and brought with it 62 tons of medical equipment and 18 tons of humanitarian aid, including some 10,000 coats, 6,000 blankets, 8,000 gloves and 150 portable toilets.Seven Hebrew-speaking Japanese interpreters are helping the Israelis communicate with locals. Home Front Command chief Golan said Saturday that the mission's primary goal is to provide humanitarian aid and ease the Japanese people's suffering. Hmmmm.......Nobody mentioning the 'Jews' now?Hellooooooo..........Erdogan?Anyone....?Read the full story here.
- HT:BarenakedIslam.Video - NIGERIA: Burning suspected Christian witches alive.EXTREMELY GRAPHIC IMAGES.18 plus. Source.
- No invite for the Obamas as the Queen personally asks 40 other heads of state to attend Prince William's wedding to Kate.President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle have not been invited to Prince William and Kate Middleton's royal wedding.The Queen personally invited 40 heads of state, who received the gold-embossed invitations over the weekend to the April 29 wedding of the future king.The Obamas, however, were not among them.But they can take solace in the knowledge that they will be the guests of their very own state visit to the UK in May.But Britain's Foreign Office said royal officials had sent their regrets to Estibalis Chavez, a 19-year-old fan who has protested outside the country's embassy in Mexico City demanding an invite.Other guests include the King of Jordan, the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, the Sultan of Oman, the King of Bahrain, the Sultan of Brunei and the King of Saudi Arabia, the Emperor of Japan, the King of Malaysia, the King of Tonga and the King of Thailand.Around 1,900 guests will attend the Westminster Abbey ceremony, which will be beamed around the world, and the bride and groom have been allowed to invite more than, 1,000 of their friends.The Queen, who made a state visit to Oman and Abu Dhabi last year, believes the wedding invitations will be good for diplomatic relations between Britain and the Middle East.Hmmmm.......My guess she diddent like the fact he send Sir Winston Churchill back.Seems you can't buy or fake manners after all?Read the full story here.
- HT:IsraelToday.IDF: We need to hit Gaza harder.Senior Israeli army officers on Sunday worried that the current response to escalating missile attacks from Gaza is tipping the balance in favor of Hamas and its terrorist allies.Speaking to Israel’s Ynet news portal, the officers noted that following previous escalations, Israel had responded with overwhelming force, creating a deterrence against further attacks for a period of time.Following Israel’s invasion of Gaza in late 2008 and early 2009 “a very clear equation was created whereby the IDF responds disproportionately to any violation of the state of calm,” said one officer. “Ever so often there were attempts to test us but a harsh response together with deterrence achieved by the operation had sent the message until the next time.”But Israel’s military response to the Gaza rocket and mortar barrage that began last week and saw medium-range missiles hit cities near Tel Aviv has been significantly more tempered.On top of that, the government has sought to alleviate public fears by deploying the still-experimental Iron Dome anti-missile system, which even Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned cannot and will not stop all Palestinian missiles from hitting Israeli cities.In short, instead of responding to force with even greater force, Israel this time around has responded to force by putting up a shield.The officers who spoke out believe this is a mistake, as the terrorists are constantly testing Israel’s resolve, and if they believe Israel is becoming weak, their next attack will be even bigger.Speaking in Beersheva on Sunday, Knesset Member Shaul Mofaz, current chairman of the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee, said Israel should return to its policy of assassinating leading terrorists in the Gaza Strip.“Israel can not hide behind the Iron Domedefense system while in Gaza life goes on,” said Mofaz. “We must maintain our ability to attack and preserve the IDF’s role as a deterrent. Without a deterrent, the Palestinian organizations are the ones that will dictate the agenda.”Hmmmm......It's not the missiles who are Israel's real enemy.Read the full story here.
- HT:AmnonAndJonathan.I Love Israel !Participate in BIG (Buy Israeli Goods) Day March 30, 2011.To counter a global BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) day of action against Israeli products and companies on March 30, the CRC of MetroWest is joining with Stand With Us and the America-Israel Chambers of Commerce to designate Wednesday, March 30 as the day to actively Buy Israeli Goods.
We urge all community members to go to your local stores and request Israeli products. Whenever a boycott is called, we urge you to respond by purchasing the very Israeli goods that are being targeted and let store managers know they should keep them well-stocked on the shelves. Let us show that any calls for boycotts of even one or two stores will always be met with a much larger counter-movement to buy Israeli goods. To locate stores in your area that carry Israeli products, visit http://www.buyisraelgoods.org.to/ help us measure the success of BIG, we suggest the following:Shop with friends, take pictures and videos of yourself purchasing Israeli products.Make entries for YouTube. Make them positive, fun and/or funny. Email your photos or links to your videos and pictures to email@example.com.Contact the CRC and let us know if you participated and what responses you received by store owners at firstname.lastname@example.org.Read and see the full story here.
- Most Pro-Israel government in the world falls :Canada’s PM Harper loses no-confidence vote.Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, as I’ve written before, is the most pro-Israel leader on the planet. So today’s events are troubling. “Canada’s minority Conservative government was defeated in a non-confidence vote on Friday, setting the scene for a federal election in early May,” reports Reuters. “Legislators in the House of Commons voted by 156-145 to back the motion, which was presented by the main opposition Liberal Party.” That said, it may be too early to count Harper out. The New York Times is reporting that today’s no-confidence vote may end up “triggering an election that polls show the Conservatives will win.” Harper could put together a new coalition government and reemerge as Prime Minister. Let’s be praying for our friends up north.Hmmmmm.....I hope the Canadian people give Harper the Majority it deserves and that Canada remains a beacon of freedom in this Anti - Semitic world!If anything Harper was a symbol of pride for Canada ,Harper is Canada's Vimy ridge in politics.Read the full story here.
- HT:BigPeace.Steve Emerson Exposes Durbin Hearings as Cover for Islamists.Steve Emerson of the Investigative Project on Terrorism joined me on the radio today and shared some shocking information about several people involved in the Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights and Human Rights hearing set for Tuesday in the US Senate.The first, a witness for the hearing, Farhana Khera of Muslim Advocates who alleged that the FBI was trying to entrap the Imam who helped Nazibullah Zazi evade FBI surveillance– and concluded that Muslims should not help the FBI.Emerson documents other shocking instances of U.S. government political cover for America’s enemies– from a member of Senator Dick Durbin’s staff to the National Counter-Terrorism Center head who spent millions on a conference to emphasize the threat of Islamophobia to America’s counter terrorism professionals.You can hear audio of Steve go into great detail on these disturbing circumstances below as well as find the transcript at Frank Gaffney’s Secure Freedom Radio.Hmmmmm........."We don't want to take over your country"?Read and hear the full story here.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Obama continues to press Netanyahu.Jackson Diehl reports that Prime Minister Netanyahu's biggest problem continues to be Barack Obama.The president made his mind-set clear from the beginning of his administration, when he chose to begin his diplomacy by demanding a complete freeze on Israeli settlement activity — a condition Abbas had never set but which he quickly adopted as his own. In a meeting with American Jewish leaders at the White House this month, Obama indicated that he hadn’t changed his mind. Abbas, he insisted, was ready to establish a Palestinian state. The problem was that Israel had not made a serious territorial offer.Netanyahu feels compelled to counter the Palestinian offensive at the United Nations, which his defense minister, Ehud Barak, says could turn into “an anti-Israeli diplomatic tsunami.” For that he will need the support of Obama. So Netanyahu has committed himself to deliver what could be the most-anticipated speech in Israel’s history — an address to the U.S. Congress in May in which he is to lay out a new “vision” for peace.To satisfy Abbas and Obama, Netanyahu will have to promise a significant concession. In the words of the Israeli commentator Akiva Eldar, “he will have to utter, with his own mouth, the magic words” — that a Palestinian state will be based on Israel returning to its 1967 borders. But if he does that, Netanyahu will infuriate most of his cabinet and probably cause the collapse of his coalition. His supporters believe he will also give up Israel’s best negotiating chip — territory — before the real bargaining even begins.Netanyahu felt comfortable enough with the Gaza mini-war and the state of security in Jerusalem last week to carry on with a planned trip to Russia. The coming showdown with Obama will require his full attention.Who cares about the coalition collapsing? If it collapsed over that kind of speech by Netanyahu, we would end up with an even more Right-wing coalition because Likud would lose votes to parties to its right. The bigger issue is that it's a stupid concession to make to buy off an anti-Semitic President (yes, I believe he's an anti-Semite - he would not have sat in Jeremiah Wright's church for 20 years or hung around with Louis Farrakhan if he wasn't one) who will hopefully be voted out of office in 2012.Hmmmmm.....His hatred for Israelis greater than the desire of peace in the Middle East ,he won't challenge Iran because he knows they're Israels deadliest ennemy!What he really wants is NATO(Turkish?)troops on the ground to enforce 'new' borders ,who in reality are nothing more then a giant ghetto!Read the full story here.
- Syria's Assad deploys army; Clinton: US won't intervene.Likud’s Kara warns Israel won’t sit quietly if Syria attacks Druse; Syrian president announces emergency law will be lifted, give no timetable.Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, facing the gravest crisis of his 11-year rule, deployed the army for the first time in nearly two weeks of protests after 12 people were killed in the northwest port city of Latakia.Dozens have died in pro-democracy protests in the southern city of Deraa and nearby towns over the last week in violence the government had blamed on armed groups.Assad adviser Bouthaina Shaaban told Al-Jazeera that Syria’s four-decade old emergency law would be lifted, but she did not give a timetable or offer any more details. Officials said Assad – who has made no direct public comment since protests began – would address the nation Sunday night.An Israeli Foreign Ministry official expressed concern Syria has enlisted help from Iran and Hezbollah in cracking down on the protests, Army Radio reported Sunday.According to the official, Syrian protesters said they had heard some of the security forces employed in dispersing the protests speaking Farsi.The official reportedly said he expects to see further signs of Iranian involvement over the coming days.“Syria is an Iranian asset, and it is clear Iran is afraid its investments will go down the drain. It has therefore allowed for greater involvement than in other Arab countries,” he said.Deputy Galilee and Negev Development Minister Ayoub Kara said Sunday that should Assad attack the Druse population in Syria, Israel would not sit with its “hands folded.”Kara, a Likud lawmaker who is Druse, said in a statement he is concerned Assad could “attack the Druse in Aleppo as was done in the past. He needs to know that in that case we will not sit with our hands folded.”The agency also reported that Bahrain’s king had phoned Assad to express the support of his country – itself in the throes of months of sectarian unrest – for Syria’s efforts “in the face of the conspiracy targeting its security and stability.”In another step to placate protesters, Syrian authorities released a lawyer, Diana Jawabra, along with 15 others who were arrested for taking part in a silent protest demanding the release of the children responsible for anti-government graffiti in Deraa. The move came a day after the announcement of the release of 260 political prisoners, most of them Islamists.Soldiers took to the streets of Latakia on Saturday night to help secret police and security forces control the port, residents said. The army also bolstered checkpoints around Deraa, where Human Rights Watch says 61 people have died.“There is a feeling in Latakia that the presence of disciplined troops is necessary to keep order,” one resident said. “We do not want looting.”Syria’s establishment is dominated by members of the minority Alawite sect, an offshoot of Shi’ite Islam to which the Assads belong, a fact that causes resentment among Sunni Muslims who make up some three-quarters of the population. Latakia is mostly Sunni Muslim but has significant numbers of Alawites.Read the full story here.
- Column One: Understanding the 3rd terror war.What the Palestinian silence on who committed what atrocity tells us is that in this new terror war, Palestinians believe they can't lose.What are we to make of the fact that no one has taken credit for Wednesday’s bombing in Jerusalem? Wednesday’s bombing was not a stand-alone event. It was part and parcel of the new Palestinian terror war that is just coming into view. As Israel considers how to contend with the emerging onslaught, it is important to notice how it differs from its predecessors.On a military level, the tactics the Palestinians have so far adopted are an interesting blend of state-of-the-art missile attacks with old-fashioned knife and bomb-in-the-briefcase attacks. The diverse tactics demonstrate that this war is a combination of Iranian-proxy war and local terror pick-up cells. The attacks are also notable for their geographic dispersion and for the absence thus far of suicide attacks. For the public, the new tactics are not interesting and the message they send is nothing new. With or without suicide bombers, Israelis understand that we are entering a new period of unremitting fear, where we understand that we are in danger no matter where we are. Whether we’re in bed asleep, or our way to work or school, or sitting down on a park bench or at a restaurant, whether we’re in Rishon Lezion, Sderot, Jerusalem, Itamar or Beersheba, we are in the Palestinians’ crosshairs. All of us are “settlers.” All of us are in danger.The military innovations are important for IDF commanders who need to figure out how to answer the public’s demand for security. They will have to draw operational conclusions about the challenges this mix of tactics and strategic architecture poses.The fact that today neither Hamas nor Fatah is interested in taking credit for Wednesday’s bombing in Jerusalem or for the massacre of the Fogel family is a signal that something fundamental is changing in the political dynamic between the two factions. Before considering what the change may be, a word of explanation about Islamic Jihad is in order.Islamic Jihad was founded by Iran in 1988. Unlike Hamas and Fatah, Islamic Jihad has no political aspirations. It has no political operatives, and it is content to limit its operations to terrorism.After the much larger and more powerful Hamas subordinated its command and control to Iran in 2005, Islamic Jihad has served as nothing more than a Hamas sub-contractor. It carries out and takes credit for attacks when Hamas doesn’t wish to do so.There are two plausible internal Palestinian explanations for Fatah’s and Hamas’s newfound reticence, and they are not mutually exclusive.
The first explanation of their silence is that the recent talk about Fatah and Hamas forming a unity government is serious. Fatah’s announcement Thursday that it had arrested two Islamic Jihad terrorists in connection with the Jerusalem bombing is notable in this vein. It signals that after four years of fighting Hamas forces in Judea and Samaria, Fatah is looking for a more politically convenient group of usual suspects.
The second reason Hamas and Fatah may be keeping mum about who is responsible is that they both know who did it and they are using the terror to gain leverage against one another at the negotiating table. If Hamas is carrying out the attacks, its leaders may simply be using them to strengthen their bargaining position in the unity talks. Fatah knows that if Hamas takes credit for the attacks, its mass popularity in Judea and Samaria will grow. And if Fatah is carrying them out, its leaders may be using them to show Hamas that they are serious about burying the hatchet with the Palestinian branch of the Muslim Brotherhood.Fatah is in the midst of a global campaign to build international support for a unilateral Palestinian declaration of independence in September. From Israel’s perspective, the campaign is threatening for two reasons. First, a unilaterally declared Palestinian state will be in a de facto state of war with Israel. Second, if the Palestinians secure international recognition for their “state” in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and Gaza, the move will place 500,000 Jews who live in these areas in the international crosshairs.
Much of the discussion about this goal has centered on whether or not US President Barack Obama will veto a UN Security Council resolution endorsing such a declaration. And based on Obama’s behavior to date, the Palestinians have good reason to believe that he may support their move. But in truth, the discussion about how the US will respond to the planned Palestinian declaration is largely beside the point. The point of the threatened declaration is not to get a UN Security Council resolution supporting it. The point is to get the EU to enact further sanctions against Israel.The fact that Fatah and Hamas have neither waited until after September to attack nor sought to differentiate themselves from one another as the attacks coalesce into a new terror campaign indicates strongly that the Palestinians no longer feel they need to pretend to oppose terror to maintain European support for their war against Israel.The Palestinians assess that Europe is swiftly moving toward the point where it no longer needs to pretend to be fair to Israel. The British, French and German votes in favor of the Palestinians’ anti-Israel Security Council resolution last month were the latest sign that the key European governments have adopted openly hostile policies toward Israel.
More importantly, these policies are not the consequence of Palestinian lobbying efforts, and so Israel cannot hope to change them through counter-lobbying efforts. Europe’s abandonment of even the guise of fairness toward Israel is the product of domestic political realities in Europe itself. Between the rapidly expanding political power of Europe’s Muslim communities and the virulently anti-Israel positions nearly universally adopted by the European media, European governments are compelled to adopt ever more hostile positions toward Israel to appease their Israel-hating publics and Muslim communities.Hmmmm......."Change"?They don't trust me because of my middle name?Since the days of Hitler the threat to Israel has never been bigger ,than by Obama's regime their policies.Read the full story here.
- Iranian Government Releases Video Saying The Return Of The Mahdi Is Near, Islamic Regime Will Help Usher In The End Times.New evidence has emerged that the Iranian government sees the current unrest in the Middle East as a signal that the Mahdi — or Islamic messiah — is about to appear.CBN News has obtained a never-before-seen video produced by the Iranian regime that says all the signs are moving into place — and that Iran will soon help usher in the end times.While the revolutionary movements gripping the Middle East have created uncertainty throughout the region, the video shows that the Iranian regime believes the chaos is divine proof that their ultimate victory is at hand.The propaganda footage has reportedly been approved at the highest levels of the Iranian government.It’s called The Coming is Near and it describes current events in the Middle East as a prelude to the arrival of the mythical tweflth Imam or Mahdi — the messiah figure who Islamic scriptures say will lead the armies of Islam to victory over all non-Muslims in the last days.“This video has been produced by a group called the Conductors of the Coming, in connection with the Basiji — the Iranian paramilitary force, and in collaboration with the Iranian president’s office,” said Reza Kahlil, a former member of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards who shared the video with CBN News.Hmmmm.....What did i say last week when Ahmadinejad was talking about his successor?...That he was talking about 'the hidden imam',seems like another bullseye to me!Read the full story here.
- NAACP Intimidates School Into Canceling Tea Party Event Featuring Speaker on Radical Islam.MANSFIELD — A Mansfield North Central Ohio Tea Party Association event featuring a speaker on radical Islam will go on at 7 p.m. today as planned, but in a different location.Usama Dakdok will speak at Premier Office Complex, 1456 Park Avenue West, Suite J. Attendees are advised to bring lawn chairs.The group had planned to meet at its usual location at the high school until this morning, when Mansfield City Schools Superintendent Dan Freund, citing safety concerns, withdrew permission for the group to meet there.Speaking at a 10:30 a.m. press conference at the school’s central office, 856 W. Cook Road, Freund said that, after consulting with Mansfield City Police, the school decided it could not guarantee public safety at a Mansfield North Central Ohio Tea Party Association event scheduled for 7 p.m.In his comments, Freund said the district’s decision was prompted by safety concerns and not by the presumed content of the scheduled speaker’s message.The Mansfield Branch of NAACP followed with a press conference of their own at 11 a.m.Shortly after 7:30 a.m. today, the NAACP announced it would hold a joint press conference at 11 a.m. to ask the Mansfield City Schools Board of Education and superintendent to withdraw permission for the tea party meeting tonight. Around 10 a.m., the superintendent’s office annnounced a press conference for 10:30 a.m.According to a press release issued this morning, NAACP will be joined at the 11 a.m. press conference by representatives from the Council on American-Islamic Relations, Mansfield Interdenominational Ministerial Alliance and other civic community leaders.The NAACP press release states: “We must stand together as a community and realize there exists many, diverse cultures in America. We as Americans have a right to choose whatever religion we wish to follow. It is our country’s diversity which has made us a nation rich in cultural experience and our children have a right to know that whatever faith they choose to follow, that they will not be judged by their color or religion, but by the content of their character.”Hmmmm......"The patriots are the terrorists of tomorrow for this regime.Read the full story here.
- Donald Trump: I want Hawaii governor 'investigated'.Real estate mogul Donald Trump thinks the governor of Hawaii should be "investigated" for saying he remembers when President Obama was born.Speaking on "Fox and Friends" Monday, Trump said that Gov. Neil Abercrombie (D) was just trying to help fellow Democrats defend accusations that Obama was born outside the United States and therefore is ineligible to be president.“I think this guy should be investigated," Trump said. "He remembers when Obama was born, give me a break. He is just trying to do something for his party.”Trump, who has been mulling running for president in 2012, has been voicing skepticism that Obama was born in the U.S. In an interview on ABC's "The View" Trump demanded to see Obama's birth certificate."Why doesn't he show his birth certificate?" Trump asked. "I wish he would, because I think it's a terrible pale that's hanging over him."Trump's repeated statements about Obama's birth certificate are in line with claims by so-called "birthers" movement that Obama is not an American citizen.Abercrombie, a former Democratic congressman, has been a staunch opponent of this claim. The Hawaii governor has said in past interviews that he remembers Obama when he was a baby in Hawaii and remembers seeing him at social functions. Additionally, Abercrombie says he knew Obama's parents.During his presidential campaign, Obama released his birth certificate to the public to satisfy the birthers.Read the full story here.
- Napolitano’s comments on border ‘wrong’.Border Patrol union disagrees with her assertion that area is safer nowThe U.S. Border Patrol union says Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano’s comments reassuring Americans that the U.S. border with Mexico is safe and open for business are “wrong and give citizens a false sense of security.”“It is time for the political games to stop for fear of insulting the government of Mexico,” the National Border Patrol Council said in a statement. “U.S. citizens are being kidnapped and killed while our Border Patrol agents fight a war at home that no one will allow them to win.“Not one more Border Patrol agent should fall or citizen be victimized because our government fails to act,” said the NBPC, which represents all 17,500 non-supervisory U.S. Border Patrol agents. “Mexico is hemorrhaging violence, and we are being hit with the splatter.”Ms. Napolitano told border-area mayors and business leaders in El Paso, Texas, on Thursday that the U.S.-Mexico border is safer than ever, adding that perceptions that the border area is at its most dangerous right now are false.Hmmm.....Unless you want the criminals to enter the country?If they wanted to destroy America would they do anything different?Read the full story here.
- HT:PoedPatriot.SEIU is a 'Partner' With Obama's 'Youth Corps'.The Service Employees International Union (SEIU) is not only known for their Violent Tactics against those who oppose them, but for being in Bed with the Obama Administration. So what I have to tell you next should be no surprise.Earlier this week I broke the story about how Obama's 21st Century Youth Conservation Corps is actually a vehicle that is being used to indoctrinate your children into not only believing in Global Warming, but as the Secretary of Interior, Ken Salazar said, to turn your children into "Engines of Change".The 21st Century Conservation Youth Corps is being administered by the Department of Interior's 'Youth Department' that was created in 2009 by Ken Salazar. And according to the 'Youth Department's' website, Youthgo.gov, it's their job to "inspire" The Next Generation of Conservation Leaders.So it would seem that The Blue Green Alliance and SEIU are 'Partnering Up' to brainwash your children through Obama's 21st Century Conservation Youth Corps into believing in Climate Change, Collective Bargaining and Social Justice while at the same teaching them how to be 'Engines of Change' so they can 'Refashion' the U.S. into some Socialist 'Green' Economy.Hmmmm......Anyone cares to read the origins of the "Hitler Jugend"?Read the full story here.
- Somali pirate offers to release Danish family in exchange for hand of daughter, 13.Life can be lonely on the high seas and one pirate has decided enough is enough, it's about time he got himself a wife.But the Somali pirate chief has taken a fancy to his 13-year-old Danish hostage - and he is so besotted with her he's willing to let the rest of her family go free, and even forget the $5million dollar ransom his pirate colleagues demanded.According to The Times, the pirate made the bizarre proposal during a conversation with a Danish reporter, who visited the African nation to track down the Johansen family who were taken hostage in the Indian Ocean more than a month ago.The reporter, from the tabloid Ekstra Bladet, was not allowed to speak to the family, but he spoke to the chief pirate who apparently revealed his plans for a bride. The terrifying proposal puts more pressure on the authorities and hostage negotiators to free the family.If the Danes give me permission to marry the girl, I will free the rest without any condition,' Kristian Kornoe quoted the pirate chief as saying.The reporter, who assumed the offer was never going to be accepted, said: 'The father, Jan, seemed completely exhausted, even ill. 'The rest of the family is tired and angry. The smell is unbearable ... it is hot, the water is filthy.'Henrik Ljung, a senior Danish psychologist, said 'The offer of marriage was simply a way of applying psychological pressure, a show of force.'It’s an extremely effective tool if you want to raise money.Hmmmm....Where are the 'good old days' when they hanged pirates on the Mainmast?Read the full story here.
- HT:BigPeace.Is France on the Brink Of A Violent Civil War?The French Presidential elections are about one year away, but there is plenty of news that has the European political establishment quaking. President Sarkozy is running for reelection and he faces opposition from Socialist Party leader Martine Aubry. But leading in the polls is Marine Le Pen of the National Front, daughter of Jean-Marie Le Pen. Her message is direct and simple: multiculturalism has failed France. And continued efforts down that path will lead to a replay of the Balkans and Lebanon, only this time with a French accent. She wants to halt immigration and end citizenship by birthplace which has made hundreds of thousands unassimilated immigrants French citizens. Curiously, she is reaching out to younger voters and women and the response has reportedly been positive.Surveys reveal that 40% of the French population regard Islam as the enemy within. And with good reason. As we’ve reported here regularly, there are acts of religious-based violence by Muslims directed at non-Muslims. There are Islamic extremists preaching violent revolution. And in large sections of many major cities, the police don’t dare to go for fear of attack by immigrant thugs. So certain metropolitan areas are literally ungovernable.If Le Pen wins, it will set up a showdown that will possibly tear the country apart. I don’t think Islamic extremists will give up their power in France without a fight. But even if she doesn’t win, the issues she raises cannot be ignored by Sarkozy. The threat to France’s survival does not come from external enemies or a bad economy. It comes from the simple fact that large pockets of the country are now under foreign occupation. I say foreign because large segments of the French population refuse to assimilate. Indeed, they are hostile to French ideals.Le Pen’s ideas about immigration and citizenship make sense. But France needs to act quickly. The window of opportunity is rapidly closing on doing something about it.Read the full story here.
- HT:BarryRubin.Muslim Brotherhood Proves It Is Radical and Aggressive–According to its Own Test.In his New York Times op-ed back in February, Muslim Brotherhood agent--disguised as sophisticated academic--Tariq Ramadan wrote:
“By deciding to line up behind Mohamed ElBaradei, who has emerged as the chief figure among the anti-Mubarak protesters, the Muslim Brotherhood’s leadership has signaled that now is not the time to expose itself by making political demands that might frighten the West, not to mention the Egyptian people. Caution is the watchword. “
But wait! Now it is the month of March and the Brotherhood has broken with ElBaradei. In fact, Brotherhood supporters by the hundred threw stones at ElBaradei and prevented him from voting on the constitutional amendments during the recent referendum. So much for democracy.
So to take Ramadan at his word, now that the Brotherhood has turned against ElBaradei and physically attacked him, does that mean--to paraphrase Ramadan--that:The Muslim Brotherhood’s leadership has signaled that now is the time to expose itself by making political demands that might frighten the West and the Egyptian people. Confidence and aggression is the watchword. In other words, the Brotherhood can toss away one of the main "proofs" of its moderation and lack of aggressiveness and the Western elite--including those in whose newspaper these words appeared--don't even notice!Hmmmm.....Meanwhile they know they can count on 1,57 Billion Dollars from Hussein Obama.Read the full story here.
- HT:EuroIslam.Muslim Members Leaving Dutch Political Party.In an open letter to Dutch newspaper Volkskrant, Muslim members of the national Christian Democratic party say that they feel they are seen first as Muslims and only second as members of the CDA. The letter warns that Muslim members may leave the party, in which case its position in urban centers could weaken. Regarding their dissatisfaction with the party the letter notes the problem that “we are in alliance with a part that makes combating Islam a key issue”, a reference to Geert Wilders’ PVV.Hmmm....In a true democracy you find different opinions ,in a totalitarian society you don't!Read the full story here.
- Live broadcast info from Japan directly ! Here.
- Sirya live blog - March 28 here.(Al -Jazeera).
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world seismic activity in Japan between 4.6 and 5.4 today. More info here.
- Latest official Situation Update No. 63.On 27.03.2011 at 08:29 GMT+2.Source.
- Anne Frank museum moving in next door to mosque at Ground Zero.A museum dedicated to Holocaust victim Anne Frank is expected to move almost next door to the proposed controversial mosque at Ground Zero, it was revealed today.The Anne Frank Center is reported to be about to sign a lease in the 20-floor glass and steel tower at 100 Church St.The building's windows overlook Park 51, the planned 16-storey Muslim community centre and mosque at 45 park Place, just two blocks from Ground Zero.The non-profit making Anne Frank Center, which is partnered with the museum in Amsterdam, is currently housed in a loft in SoHo's Crosby Street.But the museum needs more room and last year advertised for larger premises so it could recreate the secret room where the Jewish teen wrote her famous diary.She remained hidden from the Nazis with her family in Amsterdam between 1942 and 1944 until her capture. She died in a concentration camp in 1945.Her museum commemorates her and highlights historical detail about the Holocaust and World War Two.The center is negotiating with SL Green Realty Corp to lease 2,500 square feet of ground-floor space with a rent as much as $50 a square foot.Julie Menin, chairwoman of Community Board 1, told the New York Post:: 'It's appropriate to have a mix of diverse organizations as a part of the lower Manhattan community. We want it to reflect the melting pot that is America.'There are already more than 20 houses of worship below Canal Street and 13 museums south of Chambers Street, according to the Downtown Alliance.Board members at the Anne Frank Center said they had no problem about a mosque so close to their proposed museum.The Post quoted Board member Hyman Enzer: ' We've been working very hard to find a new location that will be more accessible to our exhibits. I like the idea of the new location.'Two months ago, the new imam of Park 51, Abdallah Adhami, was fired after it was discovered that he preached that homosexuals were abused as children and that people who leave Islam should be jailed.Hmmmm.......The Lord works in mysterious ways. Read the full story here.
- Japan nuclear: Workers evacuated as radiation soars.Radioactivity in water at reactor 2 at the quake-damaged Fukushima nuclear plant has reached 10 million times the usual level, company officials say.Workers trying to cool the reactor core to avoid a meltdown have been evacuated.Earlier, Japan's nuclear agency said that levels of radioactive iodine in the sea near the plant had risen to 1,850 times the usual level.The UN's nuclear agency has warned the crisis could go on for months.It is believed the radiation at Fukushima is coming from one of the reactors, but a specific leak has not been identified.Leaking water at reactor 2 has been measured at 1,000 millisieverts/hour - 10 million times higher than when the plant is operating normally."We are examining the cause of this, but no work is being done there because of the high level of radiation," said a spokesman for the plant's operator Tokyo Electric Power Co (Tepco)."High levels of caesium and other substances are being detected, which usually should not be found in reactor water. There is a high possibility that fuel rods are being damaged," the spokesman added.Tepco has been criticised for a lack of transparency and failing to provide information more promptly.The nation's nuclear agency said the operator of the Fukushima plant had made a number of mistakes, including worker clothing.Meanwhile, the Japanese government said that airbone radiation around the plant was decreasing.The plant was damaged in the deadly 11 March earthquake and tsunami.The death toll has now passed 10,000, and more than 17,440 people are missing. The UN nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), has now sent extra teams to the Japanese nuclear plant.The radiation found in the sea will no longer be a risk after eight days because of iodine's half-life, officials say.Read the full story here.
- HT:TheAmericanDream.Radioactive Cesium With A Half-Life Of Approximately 30 Years Is Being Released At About 60 Percent Of Chernobyl Levels.Why does it seem as though the nuclear crisis in Japan just keeps getting worse with each passing day? TEPCO has announced that extremely radioactive water is now leaking from reactors 1, 2, and 3 at their damaged nuclear complex. On Thursday, three workers stepped into water in reactor 3 that contained 10,000 times the normal amount of radiation. Two of the workers experienced significant radiation burns and all three were sent to the hospital. Authorities have also announced that it is very likely that the containment vessel in reactor 3 has been breached. That is extremely alarming because reactor 3 is the one that uses plutonium-uranium mixed oxide fuel ("MOX fuel"). So is plutonium being released into the surrounding environment? That would be absolutely catastrophic. But what we know is happening already is quite catastrophic. According to a recent NewScientist article, radioactive iodine-131 is being released at 73% of the level that it was being released at during the Chernobyl disaster. But iodine-131 only has a half-life of about 8 days. According to that same article, radioactive cesium-137 is being released at 60% of the level that it was being released at during the Chernobyl disaster. Cesium-137 has a half-life of approximately 30 years. That means that all of this cesium is going to be with us for a very, very long time.Also, it is important to keep in mind that the Chernobyl disaster only burned for 10 days.The damaged reactors at Fukushima are still emitting radioactive material and will probably be for quite a while.In addition, the Fukushima complex contains a whopping 1760 tons of nuclear material.Chernobyl only contained 180 tons.So all those that are claiming that the Fukushima disaster could not possibly eclipse the Chernobyl disaster are completely delusional.Most of the media coverage about the radiation coming from Fukushima in recent days has focused on radioactive iodine, but the truth is that cesium may be the greater threat over the long-term.The recent article in NewScientist mentioned above described what happens when cesium and iodine enters the human body....Hmmmm....."Chernobyl revisited"?Read the full story here.
- HT:PatDollard.George Soros’s Media Matters Announces All-Out Campaign Of “Guerrilla Warfare And Sabotage” To Shut Down Dissent Against Obama And Left.The liberal group Media Matters has quietly transformed itself in preparation for what its founder, David Brock, described in an interview as an all-out campaign of “guerrilla warfare and sabotage” aimed at the Fox News Channel.The group, launched as a more traditional media critic, has all but abandoned its monitoring of newspapers and other television networks and is narrowing its focus to Fox and a handful of conservative websites, which its leaders view as political organizations and the “nerve center” of the conservative movement. The shift reflects the centrality of the cable channel to the contemporary conservative movement, as well as the loathing it inspires among liberals — not least among the donors who fund Media Matters’ staff of about 90, who are arrayed in neat ro in a giant war room above Massachusetts Avenue.“The strategy that we had had toward Fox was basically a strategy of containment,” said Brock, Media Matters’ chairman and founder and a former conservative journalist, adding that the group’s main aim had been to challenge the factual claims of the channel and to attempt to prevent them from reaching the mainstream media.The new strategy, he said, is a “war on Fox.”In an interview and a 2010 planning memo shared with POLITICO, Brock listed the fronts on which Media Matters — which he said is operating on a $10 million-plus annual budget — is working to chip away at Fox and its parent company, News Corp. They include its bread-and-butter distribution of embarrassing clips and attempts to rebut Fox points, as well as a series of under-the-radar tactics.Media Matters, Brock said, is assembling opposition research files not only on Fox’s top executives but on a series of midlevel officials. It has hired an activist who has led a successful campaign to press advertisers to avoid Glenn Beck’s show. The group is assembling a legal team to help people who have clashed with Fox to file lawsuits for defamation, invasion of privacy or other causes. And it has hired two experienced reporters, Joe Strupp and Alexander Zaitchik, to dig into Fox’s operation to help assemble a book on the network, due out in 2012 from Vintage/Anchor. (In the interest of full disclosure, Media Matters last month also issued a report criticizing “Fox and Friends” co-host Steve Doocy’s criticism of this reporter’s blog.)Brock said Media Matters also plans to run a broad campaign against Fox’s parent company, News Corp., an effort which most likely will involve opening a United Kingdom arm in London to attack the company’s interests there. The group hired an executive from MoveOn.org to work on developing campaigns among News Corp. shareholders and also is looking for ways to turn regulators in the U.S., U.K., and elsewhere against the network.Read the full story here.
- OIC commends resolution on religious discrimination.JEDDAH: The UN Human Rights Council unanimously adopted a new resolution on the elimination of forms of discrimination and violence based on religious beliefs.The Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC), which represents the Islamic group at the council participated in the March 24 discussion. The United States and the European Union too were represented.Informed sources in the OIC General Secretariat here said that the new resolution related to combating religious intolerance and negative stereotypes, stigmatization, discrimination, and incitement to violence, and violence against individuals based on religion and belief is not a substitute for an earlier resolution adopted by the UN on combating defamation of religions, which the Human Rights Council had adopted many times in the past several years.The sources stated that the new resolution is a qualitative breakthrough because it was adopted unanimously, adding, it gives the widest margin of freedom of expression, with the rejection of discrimination and incitement and stereotypes used by the other or against the symbols of the followers of religions.The sources emphasized that the OIC approved the new resolution from a position of strength, particularly after the adoption of the Human Rights Council resolution on defamation of religions over the past four years with a clear majority.However, the sources stressed that the issue of acceptance of the new resolution comes as a goodwill gesture by the organization in order to reach the necessary consensus, bridge the gap, and partner with the West in addressing the anti-Islam sentiments that prevailed in some Western communities toward Muslims.The new resolution came after the OIC Secretary-General Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu proposed last year, a number of proposals on the possibility of reaching a common ground toward a solid platform for its adoption.According to informed sources, the US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had invited the OIC to lead, along with both Washington and the European Union, the efforts to draft a new resolution to ensure the foundations adopted by the previous resolution, giving a wider margin of freedom of expression.The sources confirmed at the same time that the decision regarding defamation of religions has not been abandoned.This is the most contentious of the resolutions, because in countries with strong protections on speech and other forms of expression, the idea that a religion can have the same defamation protections as living individuals is considered an affront to individual rights.Hmmmmm.......Seems i was right when saying"Why do i get a bad feeling" when hearing earlier this week that they abandoned their efforts on defamation of religions.Read the full story here.
- HT:TheRubinReport.Why Moderate Arabs Are Horrified at Obama Administration Policy.By Barry RubinI've seen a lot in media expressing the views of the Gulf Arab states and officials' statements--not all of them public, and not to mention similar expressions from Turkish and Iranian oppositionists--expressing horror and shock at Obama Administration Middle East policy. Remember, al-Jazira is NOT typical, as it is run by Islamists and follows the pro-Iran line of its owner, the Qatari government.In this article in al-Sharq al-Awsat (translated by MEMRI), a Saudi-controlled but also relatively liberal newspaper, Tariq al-Homayed, the chief editor, expresses the combination of shock and horror at the Obama Administration. The conflict was hot over Egypt and even hotter over Bahrain, where the Saudis want the current regime to survive and U.S. officials have criticized Saudi intervention.Indeed, he complains, the statements coming from Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, sound "more like what we'd expect to hear from the Iranian foreign minister." The "contradictory statements coming out of Washington have become more than merely perplexing; they are also suspicious."Why suspicious? Because it isn't clear whether the U.S. government is more concerned about stopping revolutionary Islamism or undermining those who oppose it, more interested in containing Iran or letting Tehran's influence spread, supporting moderate Arab countries or overthrowing their regimes.The editor accuses U.S. policy of ignoring Iranian-backed rebels in Yemen and Iranian statements claiming Bahrain. (Reminds me of how Iraq used to claim Kuwait and that was ignored until 1990, when Iraq invaded and annexed that country.)How, he asks, can U.S. policymakers complain when the Gulf Cooperation Council states intervene in Bahrain--according to previous agreements--and then demanding that these countries support intervention in Libya?The fears of relatively moderate Arabs (and Turks and Iranians) that they are getting thrown under bus are not merely imaginery at all. For example, the New York Times had an article March 17 with the following headline: "Interests of Saudi Arabia and Iran Collide, With the U.S. in the Middle."Now, of course, one understands what this means in linguistic terms. Yet the headline is amazingly revealing. Yes, the Saudis, not the United States, are now carrying on the main battle against the spread of Iranian influence and revolutionary Islamism. Of course, they cannot sustain this burden long without U.S. support.Which raises the question: What's the United States doing in the "middle" between Iran and Saudi Arabia! It should be backing the Saudis against Iran. Indeed, it should be leading the anti-Islamist coalition!To be fair, the Obama Administration is putting early-warning stations into Saudi Arabia for the day when Iran has nuclear-tipped missiles. The Reagan Doctrine (is that still in force?) commits the United States to protect Saudi Arabia from an overt Iranian military attack.Yet the headline is true. The current U.S. government is essentially neutral between the two sides. Sort of like a headline from 1941 reading, "Interests of Nazi Germany and Britain Collide, With the U.S. in the Middle."Saudi Arabia isn't exactly like Britain under Winston Churchill but it is now on the front-line against the greatest threat of our time. U.S. policy already mishandled Iran in the 1970s and, more recently, the Obama Administration has watched Lebanon fall, Turkey's government change sides, and Egypt jump ship.Yes, with this administration being in the "middle" is the best-case analysis. At worst, it's on the wrong side altogether.Hmmmm...."They don't trust me because of my middle name"?What's the deal between Obama - Erdogan and Ahmadinejad?Read the full story here.
- HT:AmericanThinker.Ayers affirms he wrote Dreams from my Father.Last Thursday evening at Montclair State University, with a video camera rolling, Bill Ayers volunteered that yes indeed he had written the acclaimed Barack Obama memoir, Dreams from My Father.Unprompted, Ayers also noted that while Dreams deserves its praise, Obama's second opus, Audacity of Hope, is "more of a political hack book."Not surprisingly, Ayers retreated into irony as he ended the session. "Yeah, yeah," he said after confirming again that he wrote Dreams, "And if you help me prove it, I'll split the royalties with you. Thank you very much."With his final comment, the Ayers-friendly audience laughed in relief. The media will laugh nervously upon seeing the video as well. The White House will not.Barack Obama knows what I know and what the people who have read my book, "Deconstructing Obama," know: Bill Ayers is the principal craftsman behind Dreams. The evidence is overwhelming.Ayers also established, as I have contended from the beginning, that he is not the author of Audacity of Hope. Although Obama claims unique authorship of this book too, it was, as Ayers suggests, a disingenuous feint to the center written by committee.Worse for Obama still, Ayers knows that the story he and Obama contrived in Dreams is false in many key details. The fact that Donald Trump has proved willing to challenge that story has got to make the White House even more apprehensive.As was obvious in his speech at Montclair, Ayers does not like the application of force in Libya, and this may have been his own way of retaliating. Consider it a shot across Obama's bow. The White House will.Hmmmm........Is there anything real about this 'president'?Read the full story here.
- No US military action in Syria for now : Clinton,'Certainly' deplores the violence in Syria, but says no.US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Sunday said the United States currently has no intention of launching a military intervention in Syria, despite its brutal crackdown that has left dozens of protesters dead.Asked on CBS television's "Face the Nation" program if Washington is planning military action similar to that launched in Libya, Clinton answered that it is not."No, each of these situations is unique," she responded."Certainly we deplore the violence in Syria," she said. "We call as we have on all of these governments during this period of the Arab awakening, as some have called it, to be responding to their people's needs -- not to engage in violence, permit peaceful protests and begin a process of economic and political reform."She said, however, that if an international coalition, with the authority of a UN Security Council resolution, offered "universal" condemnation of Syria, military intervention would be possible."But that is not going to happen because I don't think it is yet clear what will occur, what will unfold," she said, noting differences between Syria's suppression of protests and the crackdown in Egypt."What's been happening there the last few weeks is deeply concerning, but there's a difference between calling out aircraft and indiscriminately strafing and bombing your own cities, than police actions which frankly have exceeded the use of force that any of us would want to see," she said.Her remarks came after more than 30 people were confirmed killed in a spiral of violence that has gripped Syria since a wave of protests broke out on March 15, with demonstrators demanding reform.Hmmmmm......While NATO 'ally' Turkey's Erdogan has a friendly chat with Assad?Read the full story here.
- HT:Debka.To survive, Assad must contain majority Sunni unrest before it infects army.The protest against Bashar Assad’s regime is swelling. From its first epicenter in the southern town of Deraa it spread Friday, March 25, to new cities, Homs, Aleppo, Latakia and parts of Damascus. It has quickly attained the scale unforeseen by the regime of a popular uprising by the majority Sunni population (74 percent) against Allawite-dominated (15 percent) rule.Army troops gunned the protesters down in what witnesses described as a massacre of scores and hundreds injured, raising calls from the opposition for international intervention.The number of dead and injured cannot be reliably determined. debkafile’s intelligence sources report that special Syrian security clean-up units removed the bodies as they fell.The authorities were caught unawares by the upsurge of street rallies that followed preachers’ sermons in hundreds of Sunni mosques calling on their congregations to go out and drive the Assads and the minority Allawite sect from power. The Syrian secret service missed the Muslim Brotherhood’s hand in organizing this mass street eruption. The strongest rallying cry came from the influential radical Egyptian television preacher Yussuf Qaradawi who called on Syria’s Sunni community to stand up for its rights as a majority.Because the army’s 4th Division commanded by Bashar’s brother Maher Assad, the only unit to be manned by Allawites, is tied down in suppressing riots in the southern town of Deraa and most of the troops in all other units are Sunnis, Assad is short of trusted contingents to defend his regime. He figured that fresh outbreaks in Deraa would inflame the rest of the country and therefore kept the 4th Division in place.The tipping point for the 11-year old Assad regime (which followed the one his father established after a military coup) is therefore not far off unless he makes the right decision or receives outside help.He can either opt for the Qaddafi option, for instance, or follow the example of the King of Bahrain.From the outset of the Libya revolt in February, Muammar Qaddafi opted for abandoning the east and focusing his military effort on preserving his centers of power in Tripoli and its outlying towns. After stabilizing his rule, he planned to set out and wrest the rest of the country from the rebels opposing his regime.So far, his gamble has succeeded. The rebels backed by international forces have not unseated him.Will Assad decide after Friday that he has enough loyal military strength to buttress his rule over all of Syria, or choose to pull in his horns and concentrate on saving Damascus?Since much of his army is unreliable, the Syrian ruler may have to opt for the Bahrain remedy - namely, calling for outside help as did King Hamid al Khalifa who asked Riyadh for Saudi forces to prop up his throne against a Shiite-led uprising.The allies who come to mind in the case of Assad are Iran, the Lebanese Hizballah, pro-Iranian Palestinian groups with bases in Damascus - Hamas, Jihad Islami and Ahmad Jibril’s Popular Palestinian Front-General Command.It would take Tehran no more than a few hours to fly Revolutionary Guards units into Damascus. An Iranian command structure is already positioned at Syrian armed forces headquarters in Damascus. Also available to Tehran is an Iraqi Shiite militia, the Mehdi Army of the radical cleric Moqtada Sadr, a good personal friend both of Hizballah’s Hassan Nasrallah and Assad. Hmmmm.....Read the full story here.
- Facebook May Hire Robert Gibbs, Former Obama Aide.Facebook is in talks to hire Robert Gibbs, President Obama’s former White House press secretary, for a senior role in helping to manage the company’s communications, people briefed on the negotiations said.Facebook is seeking out Mr. Gibbs ahead of an initial public offering planned for early 2012, these people said.The talks are still at an early stage and no formal offer has been made, these people said, adding it remained possible that the discussions could collapse.Mr. Gibbs, who left the White House in February after two years on the job, had been planning to help establish President Obama’s re-election campaign before taking a private sector job, these people said.Facebook, however, is pressing Mr. Gibbs to consider the job more quickly, according to these people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the conversations were supposed to remain confidential.A job for Mr. Gibbs at Facebook could be worth millions of dollars. While details of his potential compensation package have yet to be discussed, people briefed on the talks said that he would receive a cash salary as well as shares ahead of the initial offering. Facebook is being valued by some investors at more than $60 billion and could be the largest offering in history.In recent weeks, Mr. Gibbs has consulted several of his former White House colleagues about whether he should take the job, including David Axelrod, President Obama’s former senior adviser, who is helping to head a re-election team, these people said.Mr. Gibbs and a spokesman for Facebook declined to comment.Facebook has also become a focus of Washington as lawmakers and regulators grapple with online privacy issues and Internet security. Facebook has already stepped up its lobbying efforts in Washington, which have included discussions with the Federal Trade Commission, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the Defense Intelligence Agency.Hmmmm........Lots of potential voters and identities there?Read the full story here.
- OIC to ‘send’ strong condemnation.Desecration of the Holy Quran in Florida.NEW YORK – Reposing complete confidence in Ambassador Abdullah Hussain Haroon, Permanent Representative of Pakistan to the United Nations, the OIC decided that the Ambassador of Pakistan along with Ambassadors of Tajiskistan (OIC chair), Morocco (OIC Coordinator for Human Rights), Iran and Egypt would meet with the UN Secretary General to convey OIC’s strong condemnation and ask him to take the lead towards promoting inter-faith harmony. It was decided in OIC ambassadorial meeting which convened here the other day to discuss the recent desecration of the Holy Quran in Florida last week. The meeting approved the proposals of Ambassador Haroon and his Iranian counterpart that OIC Chair and Observer Mission will draft a strong condemnatory letter on behalf of OIC with the assistance of Pakistan and Morocco to be sent to the UN Secretary General, President UN General Assembly, High Commissioner for Human Rights (HCHR) with the request to circulate it as an official document. The meeting also decided that Ambassador Haroon would be the focal person to brief the media on the subject. Reiterating the President of Pakistan, Asif Ali Zardari's clear expression of sentiments of the people and extreme provocation and seriousness of the issue, and his call to the United Nations to take immediate action on the subject, Ambassador Haroon the first Speaker from the member states voiced strong condemnation of this sacrilegious act. He assured that Pakistan would continue playing its active and constructive role in promoting inter-faith harmony and peaceful co-existence. On March 22, Ambassador Haroon had written a letter to the UN Secretary General, where he drawn UN attention towards this despicable act of desecration of the Holy Quran by Wayne Sapp and Terry Jones in Florida. The Ambassador urged the United Nations to play its important role in ensuring peace and harmony among peoples of the world. He said Pakistan has full confidence in the UN's leadership and hoped that it would take all steps to fight such tendencies and promote intercultural and inter-faith harmony that is basic to coexistence of mankind. Recalling Pakistan’s initiative on Interfaith Dialogue and participation in the Alliance of Civilization, Ambassador Haroon stated that Pakistan has always stood for promoting peace and harmony among people and nations of the world.Hmmmmm......I'm sure all the Christians and Ahmadis charged with 'Blasphemy' can vouch for that Mr Ambassador? Read the full story here.
- HT:ChristianPost.Growing Intolerance for Christianity in U.S."In a world of political correctness devoid of the rule of law, tolerance has come to mean total rejection of Christianity and moral standards. Modern tolerance redefines words like 'marriage,' 'discrimination,' 'equality,' 'morality,' and even 'absolutes.' The word 'tolerance' as it is used today never includes opposing arguments or competing worldviews. Tolerance has become Orwellian and decidedly intolerant." – Matthew Staver, Dean and Professor of Law at Liberty University School of Law.A few examples of recent intolerance for Christianity:
The Supreme court determining to exclude anyone who prays in Jesus name from a rotation of officials who open city business meetings
The removal of US military Chaplain Gordon Klingenschmitt, over the issue of praying in Jesus Name
UCLA’s prohibiting a graduating student from thanking her “Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” in her graduation speech
Colleges making special accommodations for foot baths and Muslim only prayer rooms, while a Muslim group membership may be suspended or revoked for 57 reasons including but not limited to: unbecoming behavior, insubordination, or inactivity; but denying Christian groups campus recognition “because it requires its officers and voting members to agree with its Christian beliefs"
A San Diego elementary school created an extra recess period to allow 100 Muslim students to pray, while a federal judge upheld a Knoxville, Ky., jury’s decision that a public school could prohibit its 5th grade Christian students from studying and discussing their Bibles during recess
Christians in America have to tolerate the defamation of their holiest images in national museums, including particularly provocative, offensive acts defined as "artwork," some receiving taxpayer-funded grants from the National Endowment for the Arts. On the other hand, several college editors who cited freedom of speech when republishing anti-Muslim cartoons first published in a Danish newspaper, were fired or disciplined because they were offensive to Muslim students
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (Los Angeles) requested an investigation of the desecration of a Quran, Islam's revealed text, as a hate crime. Conversely, when Palestinians tore up Bibles for toilet paper (May 15, 2002, The Washington Times) there was no outrage, and after a church in the U.S. saved and held fundraisers to afford the cost of buying and shipping requested Bibles in the Pashto and Dari language to an American sergeant in Afghanistan, the Bibles were confiscated, thrown away, and burned. The only official comment about burning the Bibles was this one, by a Defense Department spokesman, “Troops in war zones are required to "burn their trash."These incidents have raised several questions that Brannon Howse, author and founder of Worldview Weekend, agreed to answer:
CP: Would you consider these examples of intolerance shocking or unexpected?
Howse: Not at all. Jesus said all nations will hate you. If you are a Bible-minded believer such persecution should not be uncommon or a surprise,” he stated, quoting 2 Timothy 3:12 “all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.
CP: Are you saying everyday Christians, students, business people, and homemakers as well as clergy should be expecting bias, intolerance or hostility in all areas of life including civil government, education, economics, public policy, and family?
Howse: Actually, if an individual who claims to be a Christian is not experiencing intolerance or persecution – being called names, belittled, marginalized, or characterized because you stand for sound theology – you should examine yourself to make sure you are a Christian.Hmmmm......"I will stand with my Muslim brothers"?When did he go to Church the last time?Read the full story here.
- WOLF: Loudest Obamacare cheerleader wants out.New York’s Rep. Anthony Weiner wants a ‘get out of jail free’ card.Becoming the most hypocritical politician in America is not an easy goal to achieve, but New York’s Rep. Anthony Weiner, a Democrat, is up to the task.Earlier this year, the Obama administration began rewarding its union friends and others with an escape from the clutches of Obamacare. Now one of the most outspoken Obamacare supporters - the man who actually said, “I wrote the bill … the bill and I are one” wants his own “get out of jail free” card from this abominable law.Moments of unmistakable clarity may not always find their way to the president’s teleprompter, but occasionally, the curtains are pulled back on “the most open and transparent [administration] in history” to reveal what its footsoldiers think of their own law. This conflict between politicians’ words and deeds is nothing new, of course, nor is the selective enforcement of bad laws.Fast-forward four years, and the community organizer in the White House evidently has had his own moment of clarity about the unholy health care law that bears his name. Obamacare is already leaving a trail of destruction. Despite promises to the contrary, Mr. Obama’s own Medicare chief actuary estimates that up to 20 million Americans may lose their current health insurance. Despite promises to the contrary, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimates Obamacare will destroy 800,000 jobs. Despite promises to the contrary, Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius recently admitted cooking the books by double-counting $500 billion toward both Medicare savings and Obamacare implementation funds and admitted that a major program within Obamacare, the CLASS Act, is - in her words - “totally unsustainable.” As a direct result of this government takeover, many insurance companies already have been forced to raise their premiums or drop out of the Medicare Advantage program, while others no longer offer policies for children, and still others have simply closed their doors.So how does the White House respond to this unraveling? With more waivers. HHS acknowledges issuing 1,040 “get out of jail free” cards to unions and other friends. Five states have been graced with their very own Obamacare waivers, including Massachusetts, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee and, newest pampered friend, Maine. Why Maine? According to the administration, Obamacare “has a reasonable likelihood of destabilizing the Maine individual health insurance market.”If you happen to live in one of the other 45 states, don’t worry. The same administration that predicted its $787 billion so-called “stimulus” spending spree would keep unemployment below 8 percent predicts that you’ll be just fine.Hmmmm.......Lets just call it 'waiver care' a.k.a. "MOB care"?Read the full story here.
- HT:DougRoss.Who Is The Real 'Reich Wing'?A favorite pejorative used by the progressive left is 'Reich Wing', designed to tar conservatives as Nazi-like extremists. Notwithstanding its nature as a premature violation of Godwin's Law, the term implies a certain set of characteristics presumably endemic to conservatives.But let's examine those attributes to see if they have merit.On the Constitution.While conservatives advocate for fidelity and loyalty to the United States Constitution, the progressive left purposefully evades it. The term that is used is "living and breathing", which simply means that the left can morph the nation's highest law into whatever it wishes.Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan outlined the progressive's perspective in a 1993 tribute to Justice Thurgood Marshall. She quoted from a 1987 speech Marshall in which he said the Constitution as originally conceived and drafted was "defective" and that the mission of the Supreme Courtwas to “show a special solicitude for the despised and the disadvantaged.”In other words, the Constitution could be "adjusted" to benefit certain parties at the expense of others -- certainly a far cry from the image of justice as a blindfolded seer weighing the merits of two arguments.In 1933 Adolf Hitler subverted Germany's Weimar Constitution using subterfuge and pretext to eradicate civil rights.Less than a month after Adolf Hitler’s appointment as chancellor in 1933, the Reichstag Fire Decree invoked Article 48 of the Weimar Constitution, suspending several constitutional protections on civil rights. The articles affected were 114 (habeas corpus), 115 (inviolability of residence), 117 (correspondence privacy), 118 (freedom of expression /censorship), 123 (assembly), 124 (associations), and 153 (expropriation).Who abuses the Constitution for crass partisan purposes? Who despises free speech and attempts to censor legitimate public opinion? Who rallies around a figure portrayed as some sort of messianic savior? Who uses uniformed thugs to intimidate lawmakers and taxpayers?We all know who the "Reich Wing" is: it is today's far left Democrats that are now so radicalized even Communists are surprised.Hmmmmm......Seems i'm not the only one comparing this regime to Hitlers Nazi Germany?Read the full story here.
- Argentinean FM's Israel visit may be cancelled.Argentinean FM's Israel visit may be cancelled .Foreign Ministry considers cancelling Hector Timerman's visit to Israel next week following report suggesting Argentina offered Iran to suspend its probe into 1990s terror attacks.Israel is considering cancelling the visit of Argentinean Foreign Minister Hector Timerman in Israel following a report suggesting Argentina told Iran it would suspend it investigation of the 1990's terror attacks on Jewish community centers to boost trade ties. Iran is suspected of being behind the attacks. Timerman's visit is scheduled to take place next week. The Foreign Ministry, however is considering cancelling it if the Argentine weekly Perfil's report turns out to be true. It was reported Saturday that the Argentina hopes to increase the trade volume with Islamic Republic, which is currently estimated at $1.2 billion a year.The Foreign Ministry has been checking the veracity of the report with Argentinean elements and Israeli envoys in South America. It has yet to be corroborated."We are waiting for a statement from the Argentinean Foreign Ministry," Foreign Ministry Spokesman Yigal Talmor told Ynet. "If this turns out to be true, we will consider it desecration of the memory of the dead, but we await an official response before we made a stand." Minister Timerman has Jewish connection. His father, a Jewish journalist and left-wing activist, was jailed by the military junta in Argentina and was released after Israeli diplomatic efforts. He made aliya in the early 1980s but returned to Argentina after the government change. He was known as a fierce critic of Israeli policies.Hmmmmm.......sounds like a Obama fan to me.Read the full story here.
- HT:TranslatingJihad.Syrian Protesters Claim to Have Captured Five Iranian Revolutionary Guards.Syrian Protesters Capture Five from the Iranian Revolutionary Guards.Syrian sources announced that residents of the city of Dara'a were able to capture five elements of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards who participated in suppressing the peaceful demonstrations protesting the regime of Bashar al-Asad in Syria, alongside with elements form Hezbollah and Syrian security forces, according to what was reported by the website "Beirut Observer." The sources stated: "Residents of Dara'a are holding the five elements in a secret location, and contacted one of the satellite television stations, believe to be al-Jazeera, in order to communicate with them to show the video tape of the prisoners. However, they were surprised half an hour later by Syrian security forces, who demolished the house of one of those who was contacting the satellite station." The sources pointed out that, "The Iranian prisoners confessed that each element receives the sum of one million Syrian lira monthly from the Syrian authorities in exchange for participating in suppressing the protesters." The sources also stated: "The Syrian security forces are sweeping the city of Dara'a to find those elements before the residents are able to show the video tape and expose the Syrian regime." Previous news reports spoke of Mahir al-Asad, the brother of Bashar al-Asad, entering the Syrian city of Dara'a accompanied by 5,000 elements from the Iranian Revolutionary Guards, supported by the Fourth Division of the Syrian Army, which was stationed outside the city.Read the full story here.
- HT:AsiaNews.Two Christians killed, churches burned: extremists respond to Florida Koran burning.Islamabad (AsiaNews) - Two believers killed, churches attacked, copies of the Bible burned: the Christian community in Pakistan is once again the victim of violence by Islamic fundamentalists, who have targeted places of worship in the country. The extremist violence was triggered by the insane act - repeatedly condemned by Christians in Pakistan and India – of the pastor Wayne Sapp, who last March 20, in Florida burned a Koran under the supervision of the evangelical preacher Terry Jones. The escalating violence has raised alarm over the fate of Asia Bibi, a symbol of the abuses committed in the name of the blasphemy law. The bishop of Islamabad / Rawalpindi defines the US pastor a "fanatic" who encourages followers to a "violent ideology", the consequences of which have an impact "on innocent Christians" across the world.On March 25, a mob of Islamic extremists attacked a Pentecostal church in Hyderabad, killing two Christians and burning some copies of the Bible. Eyewitnesses said that the fundamentalists stormed the place of worship looking to set it on fire, but a group of believers defended the church. Security forces have fled the scene, leaving those present at the mercy of the crowd. The attackers hurled anti-Christian slogans and a feeling of anger toward the religious minority has spread. in the city The pastor of the church reports that "despite the condemnation of the burning of the Koran" the community "has come under attack because they think that we are linked to the Americans." He emphasizes that "we are Pakistanis, who were born in this land and we do not have any kind of relationship with the United States." "What fault did those two innocent people have – he ends - who were not Americans, but only Pakistani Christians?".In a second incident, the Full Gospel Assembly Church, in the Badami Bagh area of Lahore, was attacked. Again fundamentalists burned the church, threw copies of the Bible into the street and accused the Christians of blasphemy, claiming they found pieces of the Koran, not far from the church. During the attack some security guards were injured.Meanwhile, the weekend demonstrations were repeated against the burning of the Koran wanted by Pastor Terry Jones in different cities of Pakistan - among other Peshawar, Lahore and Islamabad. The demonstrators, who burned his picture and chanted slogans and chants against the United States, called for the death of U.S. preacher. Extremists also threatened reprisals and other targeted attacks against Christians, if the U.S. government fails to take action against Pastor Jones.Read the full story here.
- Islamic Jihad: Israel renewing aggression.Terrorist group's spokesman accuses Israel of renewing strikes on Gaza in order to undermine agreements between Palestinian factions. Meanwhile, Knesset Defense Committee members meet with council heads, who complain about Iron Dome's deployment in Beersheba alone. Israel is renewing its aggression towards the Gaza Strip in order to undermine agreements struck between the Palestinian factions, the Islamic Jihad claimed Sunday. The group said two of its members were killed in an IDF strike earlier on Sunday.Meanwhile, members of the Knesset's Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee met southern council heads in Beersheba, who complained their residents were not being provided with the same protection as in Beersheba, where the Iron Dome system was deployed Sunday. Sderot Mayor David Buskila complained the government was prioritizing Beersheba over Sderot which has been dealing with the rocket threat for many years. "The army didn't launch Operation Cast Lead over us, but over Beersheba and Ashdod." Ashkelon Mayor Benny Vaknin welcomed the deployment of the Iron Dome and expressed hope the system will also be deployed outside Beersheba. He warned that should the rocket fire continue beyond Sunday, missiles will reach Rishon Lezion, Tel Aviv, Herzliya and Ra'anana. Beersheba Mayor Rubik Danilovich said that continued rocket fire targeting the city was unacceptable. "When there's war, there's war, but one cannot continue daily life when a missile lands. No country in the world would accept this, and Israel cannot either. "We cannot live with uncertainty and gamble our residents' lives away. We all understand the cost of another operation, but if there's no choice – then there's no choice." Hmmmm......"The best defence is the attack".Read the full story here.
Sunday, March 27, 2011
- Live broadcast info from Japan directly ! Here.
- Sirya live blog - here.
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world lots of seismic activity in Japan between 5.1 and 5.6 today. More info here.
- Latest official Situation Update No. 63.On 27.03.2011 at 08:29 GMT+2
Workers were evacuated on Sunday from a reactor building they were working in after high doses of radiation were detected at Japan's stricken nuclear power plant in Fukushima, the plant's operator said. Tokyo Electric Power Co , the plant's operator, said radiation 10 million times the usual level was detected in water that had accumulated at the No.2 reactor's turbine housing unit. Source .More here.
- From society's shadows, yakuza among first with relief supplies.TOKYO (Reuters) - Tons of relief goods have been delivered to victims of Japan's catastrophic earthquake and tsunami from a dark corner of society: the "yakuza" organized crime networks.Yakuza groups have been sending trucks from the Tokyo and Kobe regions to deliver food, water, blankets and toiletries to evacuation centres in northeast Japan, the area devastated by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami which have left at least 27,000 dead and missing.Yakuza are better known for making money from extortion, gambling, pornography and prostitution, as well as for the often-elaborate tattoos covering much of their bodies.But disasters bring out another side of yakuza, who move swiftly and quietly to provide aid to those most in need.As with the devastating 1995 Kobe earthquake, government workers were slow in reaching afflicted areas, and the 300,000 or so survivors, so yakuza groups stepped in quickly, and in many cases, were first on the ground.Such actions stem from yakuza knowing what it's like to have to fend for yourself, without any government or community support, because they are considered outcasts.Many gang members faced discrimination and come from minority populations such as ethnic Koreans or "burakumin" - those who work in businesses seen as related to death, such as butchers and leather tanners."Yakuza are dropouts from society," said Manabu Miyazaki, a prolific author who has written more than 100 books about yakuza and minorities."They've suffered, and they're just trying to help other people who are in trouble," said Miyazaki, himself the son of a former Kyoto yakuza boss.Others see ulterior motives to the groups' charity."If they help citizens, it's hard for the police to say anything bad," said Tomohiko Suzuki, a journalist who has written several books on Japan's underworld."The yakuza are trying to position themselves to gain contracts for their construction companies for the massive rebuilding that will come."Yakuza groups have so far dispatched at least 70 trucks to the quake zone loaded with supplies worth more than $500,000, according to Jake Adelstein, an expert on yakuza who lives in Tokyo and is writing two books on the Japanese syndicates.The gangs' charity is rooted in their "ninkyo" code, Adelstein says, which values justice and duty and forbids allowing others to suffer. "In times such as earthquakes, they put their money where their mouths are," he said.Atsushi Mizoguchi a freelance writer and yakuza antagonizer who has written about organized crime for 40 years, also gives the yakuza the benefit of the doubt."Rather than a PR effort, I think it's actually good intentions," said Mizoguchi, who has angered the yakuza so much that he has been stabbed twice in attacks by gang members.But yakuza shun the spotlight regarding their relief work.Adelstein explains that there is an informal understanding between yakuza and police who tolerate the gangs carrying out such charitable work, but not seeking publicity for it."What they seek most is self-satisfaction," said Miyazaki, the son of the former yakuza boss. "It's not for pay, but for pride."There are an estimated 80,000 yakuza in Japan. The Sumiyoshi-kai and Inakawa-kai, the second and third biggest organized crime syndicates, are believed to be the most active in the earthquake-tsunami disaster relief.And, says author Suzuki, this is not the time to nitpick over the origins of emergency goods."When it's life or death, you don't care where your food comes from," he said.Hmmmm.....Who remembers a man who lives and dies without honor?Read the full story here
- HT:Pajamasmedia.Reporter imprisoned in closet by Biden staffers at Florida Dem fundraiser.An incident at a Florida Democratic political fundraiser this week should be front page news in every paper in the country, and the lead story on TV newscasts, but it has been virtually buried…. until nowHere are the details.On Wednesday morning, Vice President Joe Biden attended a fundraiser for Democratic Senator Bill Nelson. The event was at the home of billionaire real estate developer Alan Ginsberg, a long-time Dem supporter. Ginsberg’s enormous lakefront home is in an exclusive section of Winter Park, an uber-upscale Orlando suburb. To give you an idea of the size and opulence of the home, it was originally built for Orlando Magic and NBA superstar Horace Grant.The Orlando Sentinel assigned longtime reporter Scott Powers to cover the event. But when he arrived, Biden staffers decided they didn’t want him mingling with the 150 guests who had forked over $500 to meet Biden, so they locked him in a closet! A member of the Biden advance team even stood guard outside the door to prevent Powers from escaping.Powers has all the details, even pictures of the inside of the closet where he was held; but it appears the Sentinel editors have refused to let him report on all the details of what some are calling a kidnapping! There was a very brief, and very “vanilla” mention of the incident in Thursday’s paper. One attendee later emailed the Sentinel to say “I was in attendance at the Fundraiser and enjoyed a nice lunch. If I had known there was a reporter stuffed in the closet, I would have been compelled to stand up and demand answers. I would also like to know if this is actually legal to treat people like caged animals. I’m disgusted by these actions.”Despite this outrage, Sentinel editors have dropped the story.Some longtime journalists are furious with Biden’s team over the incident. Some are more angry at Sentinel editors for downplaying the story. Others are asking “where was the Secret Service when a crime was obviously being committed?” Others appear to have no problem with it, since it involves their “Administration that can do no wrong.”So far, none of the DC papers or TV networks has covered the story, but of course, they are the first to cry in outrage when dictators imprison reporters overseas. What have we become: Cuba, Iran, Libya, or Stalinist Russia, that we would allow such police-state tactics to muzzle the media?Does the “Free Press” still exist in America? Or are we relegated to the status of a Banana Republic where the media approves anything Team Obama does?Some people saw this coming when then-Vice Presidential candidate Joe Biden exploded and flatly refused to answer the insightful questions of an Orlando television reporter when she asked about Obama’s connections to ACORN, socialism and his “spread the wealth” comments to Joe the Plumber. Since then, Biden’s mandate seems to have changed from refusing to answer embarrassing questions, to imprisoning reporters who might ask them.Hmmm....."Democracy or dictatorship"?Once a country looses it's free speech ,soon after they loose their freedom also.The most 'transparant' administration evah!Welcome to 1934 Germany.Read the full story here.
- HT:BigGovernment.April 5th Will Decide Who Governs Wisconsin: The Voters or 4 Judges.Had the federal government passed a law (in the best interest of the people, naturally) mandating that every household in America purchase a handgun and learn how to use it in order to protect themselves and in turn save the government money on police protection, that law would be a constitutional issue for the courts to decide in the exact same way ObamaCare — a real federal law requiring every American purchase health insurance — is also a constitutional issue. Regardless of your political persuasion, any intellectually honest individual understands that the government requiring an individual purchase something is exactly why our founders created a judicial branch. That’s what they’re there for. What they’re not there for, however, is to use judicial fiat to overturn an election. But that is exactly what the Left in Wisconsin is counting on happening just a few days from now on April 5th.Before I get to that, though, I want to backfill my point with a rundown of the hows and whys that make a Wisconsin State Supreme Court race so crucially important to everyone in America, not just my fellow cheese heads.What are the Stakes?Nothing less than democracy. Will four Robed Masters rule Wisconsin or will the representatives elected by the people of the state be allowed to govern?Hmmmm.......As i asked many times before:"Democracy or Dictatorship"?Read the full story here.
- Candidate Obama in 2007: Americans ‘Have a Right to Know’ Before Government Takes Military Action.A new video shows President Barack Obama, as a presidential candidate in 2007, saying that the American people have a right to know about and participate in the debate over U.S. foreign policy decisions and whether the nation uses military force.“But the fact of the matter is that when we don’t talk to the American people – we’re debating the most important foreign policy issues that we face, and the American people have a right to know,” Obama said at the AFL-CIO debate on Aug. 7, 2007.“It is not just Washington insiders that are part of the debate that has to take place with respect to how we’re going to shift our foreign policy,” he said.Obama’s comments came at the end of a colloquy between himself, then-Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.) and Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.) over whether it was proper to announce, as Obama had done, that he would launch military strikes into Pakistan if Osama bin Laden was found there.Obama then went on to make the statement shown in the video, defending his position that telling the American people what he planned to do, before he did it, was the right thing to do.Hmmmm.......The most transparant administration evah!Read and see the full story here.
- HT:CreepingSharia.More U.S. colleges adding Muslim chaplains.“The last two to four years is when you really saw it taking off,” Bajwa says, pointing to Yale, Princeton and Duke all hiring chaplains in 2008 and Northwestern’s hire last year. “You find it picking up momentum.”No one keeps official numbers, but more than 30 Muslim chaplains work on college campuses or at private high schools around the nation, most of them part time, says Tahera Ahmad, who started at Northwestern University in Evanston, Ill., in fall 2010 as associate chaplain and the university’s first Muslim chaplain.“I don’t necessarily only cater to the Muslim students,” she says. “I’ve had more non-Muslim students go through my office than Muslim students. I serve the larger campus community.”Hmmmm.......“Behind every Islamic terrorist there is an Imam…” ~ Oriana Fallaci.Read the full story here.
- HT:JihadWatch.Geert Wilders: The Failure of Multiculturalism and How to Turn the Tide.Geert Wilders's speech at the Annual Lecture at the Magna Carta Foundation in Rome on March 25:Signore e signori, ladies and gentlemen, dear friends of the Magna Carta Foundation, molte grazie. Thank you for inviting me to Rome. It is great to be here in this beautiful city which for many centuries was the capital and the centre of Europe’s Judeo-Christian culture.Together with Jerusalem and Athens, Rome is the cradle of our Western civilization – the most advanced and superior civilization the world has ever known.As Westerners, we share the same Judeo-Christian culture. I am from the Netherlands and you are from Italy. Our national cultures are branches of the same tree. We do not belong to multiple cultures, but to different branches of one single culture. This is why when we come to Rome, we all come home in a sense. We belong here, as we also belong in Athens and in Jerusalem.It is important that we know where our roots are. If we lose them we become deracinated. We become men and women without a culture.I am here today to talk about multiculturalism. This term has a number of different meanings. I use the term to refer to a specific political ideology. It advocates that all cultures are equal. If they are equal it follows that the state is not allowed to promote any specific cultural values as central and dominant. In other words: multiculturalism holds that the state should not promote a leitkultur, which immigrants have to accept if they want to live in our midst.It is this ideology of cultural relativism which the German Chancellor Angela Merkel recently referred to when she said that multiculturalism has proved “an absolute failure.”My friends, I dare say that we have known this all along. Indeed, the premise of the multiculturalist ideology is wrong. Cultures are not equal. They are different, because their roots are different. That is why the multiculturalists try to destroy our roots.Rome is a very appropriate place to address these issues. There is an old saying which people of our Western culture are all familiar with. “When in Rome, do as the Romans do,” it says. This is an obvious truth: If you move somewhere, you must adapt to the laws and customs of the land.Ladies and gentlemen, make no mistake: The multiculturalist Left is facilitating islamization. Leftist multiculturalists are cheering for every new shariah bank, for every new islamic school, for every new mosque. Multiculturalists consider Islam as being equal to our own culture. Shariah law or democracy? Islam or freedom? It doesn’t really matter to them. But it does matter to us. The entire leftist elite is guilty of practising cultural relativism. Universities, churches, trade unions, the media, politicians. They are all betraying our hard-won liberties. Ladies and gentlemen, what is happening in Europe today has to some extent been deliberately planned.Let me end with a final – and a positive – remark: Though the situation is bad and multiculturalism is still predominant, we are in better shape than the Roman Empire was before its fall.The Roman Empire was not a democracy. The Romans did not have freedom of speech. We are the free men of the West. We do not fight for an Empire, we fight for ourselves. We fight for our national republics. You fight for Italy, I fight for the Netherlands, others fight for France, Germany, Britain, Denmark or Spain. Together we stand. Together we represent the nations of Europe.I am confident that if we can safeguard freedom of speech and democracy, our civilization will be able to survive. Europe will not fall. We, Europe’s patriots, will not allow it.Read the full speech here.
- Thousands of Syrian mourners burn Baath party buildings.Assad faces crisis as security forces open fire on protesters; more funerals planned, demonstrators gather in Deraa; 260 prisoners released in bid to placate reformists; Amnesty says 55 believed dead. DAMASCUS - Thousands of mourners at a funeral for a Syrian killed in anti-government protests burned a ruling Baath party building and a police station on Saturday as authorities freed 260 prisoners in a bid to placate reformists.Syrian President Bashar al-Assad was facing the deepest crisis of his 11 years in power after security forces fired on protesters on Friday, adding to a death toll that rights groups have said now numbers in the dozens.Read the full story here.
- Turkish Prime Minister Erdoğan supports Syria's butcher Assad.Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan had a telephone conversation with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Friday to express his support for the leader of Turkey’s neighbor and warn him of the image of security officials using force against the Syrian people.The Syrian president reassured Erdoğan of his decision to make reforms; however, he complained that there were circles whose aim was to stir up trouble rather than protest for reforms, Prime Ministry officials told Hürriyet Daily News and Economic Review on Sunday.Welcoming Assad’s decision to institute reforms, Erdoğan urged his Syrian counterpart to implement social and economic reforms posthaste. People should practice concrete reforms as soon as possible, Erdoğan told Assad.The Turkish prime minister drew attention to the pictures of Syrian security officials’ intervention in protests and warned against the confrontational image of police and people, officials said.Prime Ministry officials recalled that Erdoğan urged Assad to implement urgent reforms during his visit to Aleppo in February. Erdoğan said last week he had spoken to Assad during his last visit to Syria about the upheaval in the Arab world and had urged him to find a more democratic path.The telephone call, a gesture to anti-government protesters in Syria, came after the Turkish Foreign Ministry’s statement on Friday urging the Syrian administration to conduct reform as soon as possible in the face of growing unrest.Relations between Turkey and Syria have improved markedly since the Justice and Development Party, or AKP, came to power. Turkey is boosting its relationships with its Arab-Muslim neighbors, among whom Syria is clearly a key state.Hmmmmm.......NATO doesn't need enemies with members like Turkey,Get Turkey out of NATO!Read the full story here.
- Despite Allied Airstrikes, Crackdown Keeps Tense Peace in Tripoli.TRIPOLI, Libya — As allied airstrikes pound the military forces of Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi, rebels in eastern Libya and politicians in Western capitals are watching closely for signs that residents in the colonel’s stronghold of Tripoli will rise up to drive him from power.But during a rare unsupervised visit Friday to the Tajura neighborhood here — a rebellious district that led the brief uprising that burned police stations around the city just one month ago— several residents warned that a crackdown by Colonel Qaddafi’s security forces had left them terrified of taking to the streets again anytime soon. Two men, speaking anonymously for their safety, said that during Friday Prayer last week about 200 armed militiamen entered the mosque and prayed alongside them, a clear and intimidating message not to join protests after the services. “Lots of people have been detained, including some of our relatives,” one of the men said. “They tell people, ‘We will only release your relatives if you don’t protest next Friday.’ ”“People are very scared these days,” he continued. “They are watching from everywhere. They have people on the rooftops.” Many white Toyota pickup trucks — the preferred vehicle of the Qaddafi militia — could be seen cruising the streets full of armed men, and a police wagon with men carrying machine guns was parked at an intersection leading downtown. Nearby gunshots were heard during the interviews. Several others said they were afraid to speak. A cafe emptied immediately after two Western journalists walked in. One young man who stayed, Hamza al-Hader, said he worked at the cafe. Contradicting scores of recent interviews with Tajura residents, he repeated the story told by state television. He said the few protests that took place there were led by foreign-born Islamic terrorists wearing long beards — a line that in some circles appears to have become code language meant to signal one’s disbelief in the official propaganda.Whether he was sincere or ironic could not be determined. “Qaddafi should hit back hard,” he said. “I would be a suicide bomber.” Even the official minders who typically accompany foreign journalists seemed jumpy on Friday. On an official trip earlier in the day, an official minder turned back over his shoulder to warn journalists not to photograph a heavily armed checkpoint in Tajura. “I don’t want to go to jail,” he said, “so don’t film anything.” Later, a minder was stopped by security forces — more than 15 armed men sprang out of at least six vehicles — and questioned for more than 30 minutes, apparently because he allowed foreign journalists too much latitude to roam Tajura freely.The Libyan government has been eager to show that the allied airstrikes are killing civilians. State television, for example, has been showing images of insurgent attacks on American military vehicles in Iraq, as part of its extensive effort to draw comparisons between the allied airstrikes on Libya and the war in Iraq. Hmmmmm......not much 'kinetics' going on here.Read the full story here.
- Israel flag outside Prague hotel irks Iranians.Iranian diplomat asks hotel to remove Israeli flag ahead of embassy event, but Arab-Israeli manager tells him: 'If you don't like it, use another venue'.On Wednesday the Iranian embassy in Prague organized an event at a well-known hotel in the Czech capital. Prior to the event, a senior embassy official was shocked to see an Israeli flag flying high at the head of a line of flags situated near the entrance to the hotel. The diplomat spoke to the hotel manager and demanded that the Israeli flag be taken down, but the manager, and Arab-Israeli from Nazareth, rejected the request."The (Israeli) flag will remain at the front of the hotel always," the manager told the Iranian official. "If you don’t like it, you are welcome to hold the event at another hotel."The angry Iranian diplomat had no choice but to accept the hotel's position, and the event was held as scheduled.According to the Yedioth Ahronoth daily, Israeli Ambassador to Prague Yaakov Levy reported the incident to the Foreign Ministry in Jerusalem, and said the Pakistani embassy was scheduled to hold a reception at the same hotel next week. This was not the first time the presence of the Israeli flag resulted in a diplomatic incident. A few years ago former Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki visited Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan. Upon his arrival at the local Holiday Inn, Mottaki noticed an Israeli flag flying proudly near the entrance. An infuriated Mottaki asked that the flag be removed, but his request was denied.Hmmmm........Read the full story here.
- HT:TundraTabloids.Canada - Oh Caledonia,home of the radical left-criminal aboriginal - fundamuslim nexus.Last night I had the opportunity to interview one of the principle people, as well as attend a lecture and set of videos by many of the residents of the besieged town of Caledonia where I learned a great many disturbing things, just two of which are,
- The government seems to treat what should be a law enforcement issue, as a “peacekeeping” one. This has disturbing implications.
- Out of over 3000 bands of aboriginal people, all of whom live in peace with the general population of Canada and with varying degrees of success ,only the ‘Six Nations people’ or Mohawk have allied themselves with international terrorists and use their special status to run organized crime with impunity from the police and state, even, on occasion, with their assistance.
Over the course of the coming week, I will publish as much as I can of the video I shot along with their various materials. For the moment, here is a short segment of last night’s ‘Free Thinking Film Society’ presentation with, among many other people, Gary McHale.Read and see the full story here.
- HT:TundraTabloids.Related to previous story : Though this appears to be a bit off topic for the Tundra Tabloids, it isn’t. The situation in Caledonia Canada, which involves the strong arm tactics of local hard-Left radicals, aboriginal criminals and fundamentalist Muslims while a feckless police department looks the other way, needs to be widely reported.Besides, this looks to be a mirror image of what’s happening elsewhere across Europe. The reluctance of local government and law officials to step in and do the right thing, due to their ‘knee-jerk’ adherence to political correctness, is both condemnable and an outrage.By their lack of interest in honestly pursuing the truth in the matter, local Caledonian government and law officials are setting the stage for even more aggressive tactics by the group just mentioned, against the local populace and perhaps emboldening other similar outbreaks across Canada.Another speaker from the Caledonia night at Free Thinking Film Societies night on the issue. This is the former mayor of Haldimand county talking about her frustration attempting to get the Ontario police and Ontario government to uphold Canadian law.Read and see the full story here.
- Bin Laden sets alarm bells ringing.ISLAMABAD - After a prolonged lull, the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has launched a series of covert operations in the rugged Hindu Kush mountains of Pakistan and Afghanistan following strong tip-offs that al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden has been criss-crossing the area in the past few weeks for high-profile meetings in militant redoubts. The US has been on Bin Laden's trail ever since he fled Afghanistan when the US invaded the country in 2001 to oust the Taliban, but the 54-year-old with a US$50 million reward on his head has always remained several steps in front.For at least two years, little credible news has emerged of Bin Laden's movements and motives. Now, intelligence officials believe they have top-grade accounts as they come from the inner circles of militant camps. Officials are said to be "stunned" by the visibility of Bin Laden's movements, and their frequency, in a matter of a few weeks in the outlawed terrain of Pakistan and Afghanistan, the most unprecedented reports about him since he evaded the US in the Tora Bora mountains in Afghanistan in 2001. The development has fueled speculation in intelligence circles that al-Qaeda could be planning another major attack along the lines of the September 11, 2001, assault on New York and Washington, and the July 2007 foiled bomb attack in London.However, extensive investigations by Asia Times Online, including exchanges within al-Qaeda's camps, point in another direction: given the nature of Bin Laden's meetings, this appears to be the beginning of a new era for a broader struggle in which al-Qaeda, through its Laskhar al-Zil (Shadow Army), will try to capitalize on the Arab revolts and the Palestinian struggle and also revitalize and redefine its role in Afghanistan. Read the full story here.
- Bomb explodes at Lebanese church, no injuries .Device consisting of two kilos of TNT goes off at side entrance of St. Mary's Church in Zahle.A bomb exploded overnight at the entrance of a church in the eastern Lebanese city of Zahle, causing no injuries, a church official said Sunday.The bomb, which consisted of about two kilograms (4.4 pounds) of TNT, was placed at the side entrance of St. Mary's Church, a Syriac Orthodox church, Monsignor Youstinios Boulos Safar told AFP. The device went off at 4:15 am (0115 GMT), blowing out a side door of the church and damaging benches inside as well as the altar, Safar said. Seven cars parked nearby were also damaged. No one claimed responsibility. "I denounce this type of attack and urge people to remain calm," said Safar, who hails from neighboring Syria and is bishop of Zahle, a mainly Christian town about 50 kilometers (30 miles) from the capital Beirut. He said he planned to hold Sunday mass at the church despite the attack. Read the full story here.
- Rabbinate freezes interfaith dialogue. Chief Rabbi Yona Metzger says his representatives have suspended all meetings with Muslim clerics until they denounce Jerusalem bombing. The Chief Rabbinate of Israel has decided to freeze all types of dialogues held by its representatives with Muslim clerics in Israel, until the latter denounce last week's terror attack in Jerusalem and the ongoing rocket and mortar attacks on Israeli communities from the Gaza Strip. In a statement released Wednesday night, Chief Rabbi Yona Metzger said he expected the Muslim spiritual leadership to strongly condemn the act of terror in the capital."Once again our neighbors have proved that we have no real partner," Metzger said. "Until the inciting religious leaders denounce the terrorists, the Rabbinate will suspend its interfaith dialogue with them." He was referring to different forums in which Rabbinate representatives meet with Palestinian Muslim clerics, like the "council of religious leaders in Israel", in which the chief rabbi participates alongside officials like Sheikh Raed Salah, leader of the Islamic Movement's northern branch. A Rabbinate official said Wednesday night that the Palestinian terror organizations believe they are operating in the name of Allah, and therefore the Muslim clerics have an important and influencing role and can work to eradicate this phenomenon.Hmmmm....."Interfaith dialog" in it's natural habitat.Read the full story here.
- HT:AhmadiyyaTimes.Pakistan: Year 2010, bloodiest chapter in history of Ahmedi killings.LAHORE: The year 2010 witnessed a series of intermittent persecutions of Ahmedis and can be labelled as the bloodiest chapter in the history of the minority’s killings in Pakistan with an unprecedented number of assassinations including a twin terrorist attack on their worship places in Lahore.At least 98 people were gunned down for following Ahmedis’ religious beliefs, while 86 were brutally killed and 124 injured when terrorists attacked their worship places in the city last year on May 28. Separately, several others survived assassination bids during numerous incidents in different parts of the country.Among the victims of the target killings was Professor Muhammad Yusuf, who was murdered by terrorists in his own locality.Yusuf ran a small, charitable school at his house where he provided education to the poor and downtrodden children of Ferozwala area, irrespective of their colour, creed or caste. However, after Yusuf’s assassination, his own family was forced to flee to Sri Lanka in order to survive.Separately, as per the annual report issued by the community’s information office, at least three Ahmedis were wrongfully booked under the blasphemy law and 67 others were unjustly charged with and dragged into religion-based cases.Other incidents involving injustices to Ahmedi citizens include handing over the control of an Ahmadiyya worship place in Ahmad Nagar to non-Ahmedis on January 14 last year as per the orders of the Chiniot District Co-ordination Officer and the denial of shelter and food to the flood affected Ahmedis in the ravaged areas of southern Punjab.Hmmmm.....The religion of peace.Read the full story here.