Friday, March 11, 2011
Infidel Gear here.
- The volatile Lybian situation live streams here.
Live Blog Libya - Al Jazeera. here.
- Breaking News !Huge Japan quake causes tsunami, fires, landslide. Four-metre (13-ft) tsunami along parts of the country's coastline.TOKYO (Reuters) – A massive 8.9 magnitude quake hit northeast Japan Friday, causing many injuries, fires and a four-meter (13-ft) tsunami along parts of the country's coastline, NHK television and witnesses reported.There were several strong aftershocks and a warning of a 10-meter tsunami following the quake, which also caused buildings to shake violently in the capital Tokyo.TV pictures showed a vast wall of water carrying buildings and debris across a large swathe of coastal farmland.Public broadcaster NHK showed flames and black smoke billowing from a building in Odaiba, a Tokyo suburb, and bullet trains to the north of the country were halted.Black smoke was also pouring out of an industrial area in Yokohama's Isogo area. TV footage showed boats, cars and trucks floating in water after a small tsunami hit the town of Kamaichi in northern Japan. An overpass, location unknown, appeared to have collapsed into the water.Kyodo news agency said there were reports of fires in the city of Sendai in the northeast."The building shook for what seemed a long time and many people in the newsroom grabbed their helmets and some got under their desks," Reuters correspondent Linda Sieg said in Tokyo.The U.S. Geological Survey earlier verified a magnitude of 7.9 at a depth of 15.1 miles and located the quake 81 miles east of Sendai, on the main island of Honshu. It later upgraded it to 8.8.A police car drove down Hitotsugi Street, lights flashing, announcing through a bullhorn that there was still a danger of shaking.The Tokyo stock market extended its losses after the quake was announced. The central bank said it would do everything to ensure financial stability.Read the full story here ,more here and here .Updated from FOX news here.Updated - Google : Tsunami Alert for New Zealand, the Philippines, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Hawaii, and others. Waves expected over the next few hours, caused by 8.9 earthquake in Japan.
Updated - Tsunami Alert info : Pacific Tsunami Warning Center here.
Photo report : Here.
Warning for :Japan, Russia, Marcus Is., N. Marianas, Guam, Wake Is., Taiwan, Yap, Philippines, Marshall Is., Belau, Midway Is., Pohnpei, Chuuk, Kosrae, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Nauru, Johnston Is., Solomon Is., Kiribati, Howland-baker, Hawaii, Tuvalu, Palmyra Is., Vanuatu, Tokelau, Jarvis Is., Wallis-futuna, Samoa, American Samoa, Cook Islands, Niue, Australia, Fiji, New Caledonia, Tonga, Mexico, Kermadec is, Fr. Polynesia, New Zealand, Pitcairn, Guatemala, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Antarctica, Panama, Honduras, Chile, Ecuador, Colombia, Peru.
- Japanese tsunami creates whirlpool.A huge whirlpool has been created by the earthquake in Japan.It was created after the sheer force of the tsunami hit another strong current in the water.The vortex-like motion is dragging anything nearby into its core.See the full story here.
- Updated : Hundreds killed in tsunami after 8.9 Japan quake.Japanese officials have already found 200 to 300 bodies in a northeastern coastal area of Japan. There are also reports of a missing train full of commuters in the earthquake region and a boat with hundreds on board being swept out to sea in the tsunami. More here from ABC.Here.
- WATCH LIVE:Japan earthquake coverage from Reuters News . Here. Live updating news here.
- Updated !Breaking aftershocks between 5,1 and 5,9 epicenters of four of them near nuclear plants and one near a volcano more info here.U.S. delivers coolant to Japan nuclear plant: Clinton.
- The Future is written in the stars or is it in the Moon?Supermoon 19 March 2011, moon closest to earth on 19th March 2011.I mean no disrespect for those who enjoy the study of astrology. Some of the greatest astronomers of the past were also astrologers. To practice either line requires a deep understanding of our solar system, its movements and the relationship to the celestial sphere. The only thing I have difficulty swallowing is how a perfectly normal function could wreak havoc on planet Earth. Does an astrological prediction of an upcoming “Extreme SuperMoon” spell impending disaster – or is it just one more attempt to excite our natural tendencies to love a good gloom and doom story? That’s what I set about to find out…“SuperMoons are noteworthy for their close association with extreme tidal forces working in what astrologers of old used to call the sublunary world: the atmosphere, crust and oceans of our home planet – including ourselves, of course. From extreme coastal tides to severe storms to powerful earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, the entire natural world surges and spasms under the sway of the SuperMoon alignment – within three days either way of the exact syzygy, as a general rule.” says Nolle. “Obviously it won’t be the case that all hell will break loose all over the world within a few days either side of the SuperMoons. For most of us, the geocosmic risk raised by SuperMoon alignments will pass with little notice in our immediate vicinity. This is a rather roomy planet, after all. But the fact remains that a SuperMoon is planetary in scale, being a special alignment of Earth, Sun and Moon. It’s likewise planetary in scope, in the sense that there’s no place on Earth not subject to the tidal force of the perigee-syzygy.”Hmmmm........Read the full story here.
- HT:VirtualJerusalem.Is the US Accepting a Nuclear Iran?During the four days between Thursday March 4 and Monday March 7, the Obama administration switched its Iran policy. As rocketing oil prices triggered by the Arab Revolt wiped out the damage caused the Iranian economy by sanctions, Washington confirmed the worst Saudi and Israeli suspicions that America had no intention of acting to stop the Islamic Republic attaining nuclear weapons, although it held Israel back from doing so when it was more feasible.
This discovery has dealt America's allies in Riyadh and Jerusalem their second letdown in three months, on the heels of White House encouragement of the uprisings against a select number of Arab rulers.The White House laid the ground for its change of heart on Iran with public statements that drew little attention from international media during the Libyan crisis.The Director of National Intelligence James Clapper presented the Senate Armed Services Committee this week with a "revised" version of the controversial 2007 National Intelligence Estimate which claimed originally against all the evidence that Iran had halted work on nuclear arms in 2003.It is now confirmed that the misinformation contained in the original NIE was the pretext for holding back - not only an Israeli attack on Iran but also direct American action for keeping nuclear arms out of Iran's hands. By revising that erroneous estimate, the Obama administration shows it is willing to catch up and come to terms with the reality of Iran's wide-open option to develop nuclear weapons.US official language reflects the administration's policy turnabout on Iran. March 7, Washington announced that the USS Monterey guided missile cruiser, whose Aegis radar can monitor long- and short-range ballistic missiles and transmit the data to interceptor missile ground stations, would be deployed in the Mediterranean. "The US has started implementing its plan to protect Europe from a potential Iranian nuclear threat."debkafile notes that all past references to the US nuclear shield for Europe referred to Iranian ballistic missiles - never a nuclear threat.Our military sources note that one of the key ground stations to which the Monterey's radar is linked is the X-band forward radar station located in the Israeli Negev near the Egyptian border, which in turn is connected to Israel Arrow anti-missile missile batteries designed especially to shoot down Iranian ballistic missiles.The closer the Iranian nuclear menace comes to reality, the further it recedes from Israeli political and media rhetoric. Obama's fundamental policy shift on the subject is bad news for Israel in general and at this time in particular, because his support for the Arab Revolt is seen by Israeli and moderate Arab rulers as further evidence of a White House decision to strengthen Iran, which profits hugely from their losses.Shortly before the Monterey announcement, the Washington Times reported: An Annual intelligence report to Congress has dropped language stating that Iran's nuclear weapons are a future option. A U.S. official insisted there was no "sleight-of-hand" in the change but could not explain why the recent report was altered from two previous versions.IAEA Director Yukiya Amano was also quoted as describing new information on the military aspect of Iran's nuclear program in his latest report. An internal report from Feb. 25 stated that recent information disclosed "nuclear-related activities involving military-related organizations, including activities related to the development of a nuclear payload for a missile" as continuing after 2004.Clearly, Tehran does not have the same trouble putting its plans into words as do those US intelligence report writers. It is bent on developing a nuclear bomb, has completed the projects for its development and reserves the right to set the date for assembling the completed components into a weapon.Wednesday, March 9, the chief US envoy Glyn Davies reported to the nuclear watchdog's board in Vienna that Iran may be continuing secret work on developing nuclear weapons. In the course of an argument with the Iranian delegate Ali Asghar Soltanieh, Davies warned of "increasingly apparently military dimensions to Iran's nuclear program, including efforts by Iran to develop a nuclear warhead.""Iran continues to act very much like a state with something to hide," he told the board.But not any longer, says debkafile.Hmmmm......Time for Israel to say what it really thinks of this "Administration" of appeasers,who bully allies and who bend over and tremble before ennemies.Read the full story here .
- HT:AmnonandJonathan.Good News ! The "RED CROSS" will visit Gilad Shalit soon !...UN Accuses Israel Of Kidnapping Palestinian.Maksim Butkevych, spokesman for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Ukraine, said Abu Sisi has been in custody in Israel since shortly after his disappearance. The U.N. agency believes he was abducted and illegally transported by Israeli security forces, perhaps with the aid of Ukrainian counterparts."We don't know details of his trip from Ukraine to Israel — let's put it this way," said Butkevych. "But unfortunately, what happened looks like a violent abduction and not a legal extradition or any other legal action on the part of authorities."Hmmmm......."When in doubt......Blame Israel!Read the full story here.More here.
- HT:EmergingCorruption.Obama: The Racial Presidency!Excerpts from a new book have revealed that President Obama once laid claim to building ‘a race-neutral administration’. When asked whether race drives decision-making in the White House, the President responded, “You just don’t think about it, you really don’t.” Shortly thereafter, he thought about it, telling guests at a private White House function that race was likely a key component of rising opposition from conservatives – particularly the Tea Party movement – calling it a ‘subterranean agenda’.Far from being race-neutral, the Obama administration has been race-driven, ushering in an era of unprecedented prejudiced rhetoric and actions. The most recent example of this being Attorney General Eric Holder, a man assigned with representing the people, defending the Justice Department’s weak efforts in the voting rights case against members of the New Black Panther Party, claiming that the pursuit of justice would be “a great disservice to people who put their lives on the line… for my people.”Equal Opportunity statements prohibit organizations from discriminating based on such factors as race, religion, and national origin, among other things. But one could submit that Barack Obama and his administration have made a career of governing with those factors specifically driving the decision making process.If anything has been proven true, it’s that President Obama most clearly has race weighing on his mind. He does think about it. From candidate to President, his election has gradually morphed from the hope of a post-racial presidency, into the reality of a most-racial presidency.Could anything less have been expected from a man who spent over two decades listening to the sermons of Reverend Jeremiah Wright, a man who once decried a world ‘where white folk’s greed runs a world in need’?Hmmm......Is there anything 'real' about this President?Not counting his hatred for Israel of course.Read the full story here.
- HT:AhmadiyyaTimes.Pakistan's anti-American Islamist bloc firming up.Pakistan's religious parties are growing stronger, riding a tide of growing anti-Americanism and outrage over blasphemy cases that has led to the assassination of two government officials.Punjab provincial governor Salman Taseer and Minister of Minority Affairs Shahbaz Bhatti were both killed this year for their support for changing Pakistan's harsh anti-blasphemy law, a move opposed by Pakistan's religious parties.These parties in Pakistan are beginning to set aside sectarian differences that have divided them for years to coalesce around an explicitly anti-American agenda, creating a political bloc that could challenge the ruling parties and ultimately weaken Pakistan's alliance with the United States.Groups such as Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) and the pro-Taliban Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (JUI-F) are forming a new coalition of about 18 parties and groups that are anticipating early elections against the governing Pakistan People's Party (PPP).Here are some facts on some of the more important religious parties and groups : JAMAAT-E-ISLAMI - Jamaat-e-Islami seeks to impose Islamic law in Pakistan through elections. It is largely comprised of urban, middle-class citizens across Pakistan. The party was a strong opponent of former military ruler Pervez Musharraf and supports the Pakistan-supported "jihad" in Indian Kashmir. It is linked to the Hizbul Mujahideen, which appears on the U.S. State Department's list of "other groups of concern." Its current leader, Syed Munawar Hasan, praised the killing of Salman Taseer and said Bhatti's killing was "the work of CIA to hush up the court trial of Raymond Davis in the media."Hmmmm......Only Obama would give such a country tens of Billions of Dollars of support.Now Read the rest and the full story here.
- Obama selects close aide Shapiro as Israel ambassador.Hebrew-speaking Harvard graduate worked closely with Mitchell on effort to revive peace talks between Israel, Palestinians. American Jewish leader: He's a genuine mensch Hmmm....As one commentator put it : "A new resident "House Jew," eh? No, Mr. Obama, it will not help you raise funds for your campaign from amongst the Jewish community. We are painfully aware that sixteen Jews have left your direct employ, and another twenty-two have left the employ of the various cabinet offices. Have you stopped to wonder why?"A genuine 'Mensch' wouldn't work for someone who hates Israel and the jewish people living there.If he wins the 2012 elected then you'll see the real Jew bashing from Obama.Read the full story here.
- Saudi Arabia police 'fire at rally'. Police reportedly open fire at several hundred protesters marching in eastern city of Qatif, AP reports.Police have reportedly opened fire at a rally in Saudi Arabia in an apparent effort to stop planned protests there, AP news agency has reported.A witness in the eastern city of Qatif told AP that gunfire and stun grenades were fired at several hundred protesters marching in the city streets on Thursday.The witness, speaking on condition of anonymity because he feared government reprisal, said police in the area opened fire. The witness saw at least one protester injured.Government officials have warned they will take strong action if activists take to the streets after increasing calls for large protests around the country to press for democratic reforms.Despite the ban on protests and the government warning, demonstrators demanding the release of political prisoners took to the streets for a second day in Qatif.Several hundred protesters, some wearing face masks to avoid being identified, marched after dark asking for "Freedom for prisoners".Police, who were lined up opposite the protesters, fired percussion bombs, followed by gunfire, causing the crowd to scatter, a witness said, speaking on condition of anonymity for fear of government retaliation.Last month, the government announced an unprecedented economic package worth an estimated $36bn that will give people interest-free home loans, unemployment assistance and debt forgiveness.It also reiterated that demonstrations are forbidden because they contradict Islamic laws and society's values and said security forces were authorised to act against anyone violating the ban.Hmmmmm......So much for that 'genius' report of Credit Agricole that unrest wouldn't spread to the kingdom.Read the full story here and more here with videos of the protests.
- HT:TheInvestigativeproject.Islamists Dominate DOJ's List of Terror Prosecutions.More than 80 percent of all convictions tied to international terrorist groups and homegrown terrorism since 9/11 involve defendants driven by a radical Islamist agenda, a review of Department of Justice statistics shows.Though Muslims represent about 1 percent of the American population, they constitute defendants in 186 of the 228 cases DOJ lists.On Thursday, the House Homeland Security Committee holds its first hearing into radicalization among Muslim Americans. Critics have taken issue with the focus on one religious minority, but the DOJ list shows that radical Islamists are disproportionately involved in terror-related crimes.Al-Qaida is involved in the largest number of prosecutions, representing 30 percent of the 228 terror cases involving an identified group. Hizballah-affiliated defendants are involved in 10.5 percent of the cases and Hamas is part of 9 percent. Pakistani-based Lashkar-e-Tayyiba was involved in 6.5 percent of the cases.Among all cases, an Islamist connection was found in at least 46 percent. An almost equal percentage, however, involved cases listed by the DOJ as terror-related, but in which there was insufficient information to determine whether a person was tied to an Islamist cause. In many, it was unclear why the case was included on a list of terror-related prosecutions.Thirty of the terror cases listed, or about 13 percent, involve homegrown Islamist terrorists.The DOJ list does not demonstrate that vast segments of the Muslim community constitute a threat to carry out terrorist attacks or support groups which do. Assuming a Muslim American population of about 5 million people, the DOJ cases amount to .000004 percent of the community.However, it is clear that Islamist terrorist movements have been successful in getting support from extremists in the United States. As other recent hearings have shown, more sophisticated online recruitment has helped lure more people to seek jihad.Unless that trend changes, the DOJ data likely will grow even more disproportionate.Hmmmm......No Amish showed up on the lists.Read the full story here.
- Capitol Chaos: Lawmakers Get Death Threats.MADISON - The State Department of Justice confirms that it is investigating several death threats against a number of lawmakers in response to the legislature's move to strip employees of many collective bargaining rights.Among the threats the Justice Department is investigationg is one that was emailed to Republican Senators Wednesday night. Newsradio 620 WTMJ has obtained that email.Hmmmm....."Brownshirt tactics"?Read the full story here.
- GOP Sen. Inhofe: Obama’s “Explicit Policy Goal” is Higher Energy Prices.A prominent GOP senator on energy issues accused President Barack Obama Thursday morning of having set an “explicit policy goal” of making energy prices more costly for Americans.“My message today is simply this: higher gas prices – indeed, higher prices for the energy we use – are an explicit policy goal of the Obama administration,” said Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla), chairman of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee. “Let me put it another way: the Obama administration is attacking affordable energy.”Inhofe’s comments come as crude oil futures traded up on anxiety over unrest in the Middle East and broke the triple-digit mark in recent weeks. As of Thursday, light crude was trading at over $101 per barrel.“We have, in fact, 163 billion barrels of recoverable oil – nearly six times higher than what President Obama and the Democrats like to claim,” Inhofe continued. “Let’s think about 163 billion barrels for a moment: that is enough to maintain our current levels of production and replace our imports from the Persian Gulf for more than 50 years.”Hmmmm....."We have nothing to fear...but Obama"?Read the full story here.
- Why Do Islamic Groups Fear Hearings on Islamic Radicalization?The hysterics over Thursday’s hearings on Islamic radicalization by the House Homeland Security Committee has reached epic proportions. Islamic groups have likened the hearings to a new era of McCarthyism; James Zogby of the Arab American Institute wrote in an editorial in a Pakistani newspaper that the hearings were going to result in increased radicalization and that Islamophobia was a bigger threat than al-Qaeda; and at a rally against the hearings in New York City this past weekend Elaine Brower of the Movement for a Democratic Society claimed that Muslims would be murdered as a result of these hearings.They have even gone as far as attacking one Muslim leader who has agreed to appear, Dr. Zuhdi Jasser of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy, an authentic moderate and American patriot who was given the full Media Slanders treatment last week.So what has the self-appointed representatives of the Muslim community so up in arms? Are Muslims really in danger from Congress asking questions about widespread radicalization inside the Muslim community? Or are these histrionics a continued attempt to silence the growing majority of Americans who are seeing the glaring discrepancies between the rhetoric of the leading Islamic organizations and the reality of a growing homegrown terror threat? Evidence seems clear that it’s the latter.This feigned outrage exposes their hypocrisy. Where were the cries of Islamophobia from these same groups last March when a House Intelligence subcommittee held similar hearings on radicalization? There were none, because the House Democrats who then controlled the committee ensured that extremists and the useful idiots endorsed by Muslim Brotherhood front groups were allowed to speak. In fact, one of the speakers, Omar Alomari, community engagement officer from the Ohio Department of Public Safety, was fired two months after the hearing for lying about his prior employment with a foreign government during his background investigation.the most charitable explanation is that these Islamic groups have a pathetic record on combating Islamic radicalism. But the evidence overwhelmingly leads to the conclusion that the Islamic groups so vocally opposed to the congressional hearings are the source of the radicalization problem, not its solution. While their rhetoric claims that they are opposing a “new McCarthyism,” an “anti-Islamic witch hunt,” and/or “a rising tide of Islamophobia,” their opposition is really driven by self-preservation in the face of leading members of Congress and an American public that are no longer willing to buy their excuses and justifications for Islamic extremism.Hmmmm......Dig and keep digging congressman,The truth shall set America free?Read the full story here.
- HT:BigPeace.CAIR Caught On Tape Warning Muslims Against Cooperating with FBI at Same Mosque Obama Spokesman Visited March 6.In a concerted attempt to stay on message in attacking the Homeland Security Committee hearings on radicalization of Muslims, on March 6 the White House put out the same message being pushed by radical leftist Max Blumenthal, pseudo-conservative Muslim Brotherhood associate Suhail Khan, and others in the red-green alliance. They sent Deputy National Security Advisor Denis McDonough to speak at the ADAMS (All Dulles Area Muslim Society) mosque in Sterling, Virginia to politicize and undermine the Committee’s hearings. Sticking to the script, McDonough argued against linking Islamic Jihad doctrine with Jihadist terrorism: “For example, we know there are many different reasons why individuals – from many different faiths – succumb to terrorist ideologies… we risk feeding the very feelings of disenchantment that may push some members of that community to violent extremism.” In other words merely thinking and speaking about the threat of Jihad is itself the cause of the rising tide of Jihadist “violent extremism.”McDonough’s choice of the ADAMS Islamic Center for his speech was an endorsement of the Muslim Brotherhood: the ADAMS Executive Director Mohammad Majid is also President of the Muslim Brotherhood-founded Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), an unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation terrorism finance trial. In other words, the Deputy National Security Advisor’s choice of venue was a symbolic repudiation of the Department of Justice prosecutors’ successful convictions in the Holy Land Foundation trial of 2008.In summation, the Obama administration, leftist journalists and domestic Islamists are trying hard to sell a complete inversion of reality, in which those who attempt to investigate Shariah-driven Jihad are labeled “instigators of violent extremism.” In this strange universe, any frank discussion about Shariah-adherent Islam and the Jihad it inspires is itself the primary provocation that causes “violent extremism.”Sun Tzu’s immortal advice about “knowing ones enemy” comes to mind. If you cannot investigate your enemy, nor even identify him by name, how can you possibly fight him? The Jihadists and their useful idiots in the United States are creating a “Catch-22” for anyone who dares question their conventional wisdom about the roots of so-called “violent extremism.” Let us hope that Peter King’s hearings are the first step in breaking this vicious cycle of obfuscation, dissimulation and outright lies so we can finally name and investigate our enemies, and at long last get down to the serious business of confronting them.Hmmmm......Time for Congress to put a stop to this"Outreach to Muslims"Read the full story here.
- HT:SHTF Plan.A Visit to an American Tent City.Reading the headlines over the last eighteen months one would think that the recession of 2008 is all but over. Unemployment, officially, is on the mend, with a reported 9.5% of Americans unable to find work (as opposed to official Great Depression numbers as high as 25%). Foreclosures seem to be stabilizing. Gross domestic product is in positive growth territory, signaling forward progress in the economy. Inflation, according to the latest Consumer Price Index statistics, is under control.“The worst of the storm has passed,” declared President Obama in his 2010 State of the Union address. For all intents and purposes, any threat of a second great depression has been averted.But what is depicted by our media and the official statistics put forth by government number crunchers, and what is happening on the ground on Main Street America, are two wholly different things.Doug Walden, who lost his job during the onset of the recession, and now spends a good portion of his time helping others who are out of work or facing dire economic straits through his loosely-based organization called the Great Depression Enterprise Group explained it best when he described the desperate situation facing average Americans:Here on Earth, outside the distorting intellectual gravitation field that is Washington DC, conditions are deteriorating for increasing numbers of Americas. The middle-class is being eroded from the bottom, as more people fall into poverty and outright destituion, and from the top, as more people find they cannot maintain their debt-financed psuedo-rich pre-2005 lifestyles.Recently, Doug spent a day in one of the many “tent cities” popping up around America. These modern equivalents of the Hoovervilles of the 1930′s were believed to be relics of a different time – a time where there existed no social support structure or regulatory oversight of financial markets and banking institutions. After the Great Depression, the extreme poverty experienced by millions in post-1929 America was all but forgotten. For most in today’s generation, the thought of living without 21st century amenities like on-demand electricity, sewage, refrigeration, air conditioning, heat, and the other conveniences of suburban lifestyles does not even enter into the sphere of thought. It is a different time, and such a thing can’t happen today.The reality, however, is in stark contrast to the dogma of a debt driven, consumer-based society.Hmmmmm......"Behold the 'Change' Obama brought to America!Read the full story here.
- HT:BarracudaBrigade.Video : James Clapper "NIA" Director: "Iran/N.Korea Not Enemies, Qaddafi Will Win.Hmmm......'Sounds like the headquarters of Hitler in 1945 "Don't worry mein Führer we're winning on all fronts"?Read the full story here.
- Muslim leader in King's district issues warning.WESTBURY, NY - With hearings underway in Washington, DC, into the "The Extent of Radicalization in the American Muslim Community and That Community's Response," a leader of the Islamic Center of Long Island says Rep. Peter King's inquiry into homegrown terror plots could have serious consequences for Americans overseas."This will be another kind of incident which will be read as an attack on the Muslims," said Dr. Faroque Khan, a member of the board of trustees of the Islamic Center of Long Island. "That can have repercussions for our troops who are stationed overseas, for our American citizens who are going overseas, and I hope the Congressman keeps that in mind."Khan says the Islamic Center, located in Rep. King's district, deplores violence, but that there is resentment about U.S. forces in Afghanistan, especially when civilians are killed. "There's a fair amount of anger within the community based upon our foreign policy," said Khan. "What we try to teach our youngsters is to channel that in a constructive manner, not a destructive manner."Khan sees it differently. "Congressman King has been a Muslim basher," he says, which he finds particularly troubling since King had been a friend to the Islamic Center before 9/11, and was even a guest at Khan's son's wedding."I don't see any rationale in what he's doing, branding a whole community for the acts of a few. This is against the Constitution, this is not justice," Khan says. "These hearings will be watched very carefully throughout the global Muslim community and if not done fairly, and not done justly, they could be counter-productive."Hmmmmm.......Back off or we'll target Americans abroad?Read the full story here.
- HT:WND.More then 50 Christian churches burned by rampaging Muslims.Dozens of buildings destroyed by Islamic attackers.More than 50 churches, nearly 30 houses, a school and an orphanage along with other Christian-owned buildings have been destroyed by rampaging Muslims in Ethiopia's Jamma region, according to reports from the Christian news service Compass Direct and others. International Christian Concern's Jonathan Racho has been in contact with a pastor in Ethiopia who confirms that more than 50 churches have been burned – along with a school, an orphanage and an office. Racho said the wave of arson was touched off by Muslims framing Christians for desecrating a Quran. "The Muslims desecrated a Quran and put it in a church compound and then accused Christians of desecrating a Quran, then started attacking," Racho said. "Since this happened, since it happened in a part of Ethiopia where Muslims have the majority, the police failed to protect the Christians."So the Muslim mobs were able to carry out attacks in many cities," he said. "This is unprecedented in Ethiopia because Ethiopia is considered to be a Christian majority country. There have been attacks against Christians in the past but it's unprecedented because of the number of churches," Racho explained."There is no evidence to link what happened in Ethiopia to the sometimes democratic voices that we are hearing in some Arab countries," Racho declared. "There is no evidence whatsoever to link the two movements." However, Racho said that there is a similarity in the motivation. "The church leaders were able to tell us that there is a very radical Islamic movement called Kwarej. … This group believes that Muslims should only live in an Islamic state and only obey laws which are made by Islamic states," Racho stated. "They consider Ethiopia an illegitimate country so they have no regard for Ethiopia at all. This is the group believed to be behind the attacks on the churches," he added.Racho said that Kwarej's philosophy matches the Islam proclaimed in Muhammad's Medina period."This is a movement to re-establish an Islamic state that was in existence in the past," he said.Racho explained that the Kwarej movement in Ethiopia is very much in agreement with the philosophy and goals of the Muslim Brotherhood. "There is no doubt. One of the motives of the Muslim Brotherhood is the Shariah law, so, yes, there is no doubt," Racho said.Hmmmm.....Obama "Islam is a great religion" and pledges for 2012 1,57 Billion Dollars to Egypt a.k.a. The Muslim Brotherhood,when will Congress act?Read the full story here.
- Pakistan test fires nuclear-capable missile.Pakistan test fired a nuclear-capable, short-range, surface-to-surface missile on Friday, the military said.The Hatf-2 ballistic missile can travel up to 180 km (110 miles)."Hatf-2 can carry nuclear as well as conventional warheads with high accuracy," the military said in a statement, adding the test had been successful.Pakistan carried out nuclear tests in May 1998 just days after similar tests by its old rival India.The South Asian nations have fought three wars since independence in 1947.They carry out missile tests regularly and Friday's exercise was not expected to lead to any increase in tension between them.Hmmmm......Read the full story here.
- Bedouins slated to get ownership of Negev lands.Draft report on status of Negev lands indicates State will grant 50% of Bedouin claims on lands they occupy, provide compensation amounting to billions of shekels. PM's Office: Report not final.After years of struggles, Bedouins in Israel are slated to get ownership of Negev lands, a draft report to be presented to the government indicates. A team tasked with implementing changes in the status of Negev lands will likely recommend that the government hand over extensive plots of land to the Bedouins and provide them with compensation amounting to billions of shekels.Sources involved in the case told Ynet on Thursday the Bedouins may oppose the plan as it will only see them receiving ownership of 50% of the lands they occupy and be compensated for the other 50%.The compensation will be provided only after the lands are evacuated and will be anywhere between NIS 2,000 and NIS 10,000 per dunam. Several billions may be paid in total.The new plan aims to provide a solution to what the State has described as a "ticking bomb," by legalizing tens of thousands of illegal Bedouin structures in the Negev and reinforcing the enforcement system in the area.Sources familiar with the issue said the recognition of Bedouin ownership may open a gate for settlers whom the state evicted from their homes to demand equal terms in court. "Netanyahu is taking a major risk, both publically and politically," said Ramat Negev Council head Shmulik Rifman. "If they don't finalize the Bedouin settlement it will be very hard to enhance Jewish settlement in the Negev. This must be addressed if one wants 700,000 Jews in the Negev."Hmmmm.......Read the full story here.
- HT:Ross'sRightAngle.Blogger in Qatar Prison, Risks Torture, Al Jazeera Plays it Cool, ‘Can’t Contact’ its Masters.The Masters of Al-Jazeera Imprison a Blogger By Cliff Kincaid.No wonder the Qatari blogger has been a non-entity on Al-Jazeera until now.Al-Jazeera Director General Wadah Khanfar has given a much-publicized speech heralding the birth of a “New Era” in the Arab world. Al-Jazeera’s approach to journalism emphasizes “re-thinking authority, giving a voice to the voiceless,” he told Time magazine. But what about covering human rights in Qatar, which pays his salary?Notorious for ignoring human rights problems in Qatar, Al-Jazeera has been forced reluctantly to briefly cover the case of a Qatari blogger imprisoned and possibly being tortured by security forces in that Arab country.Under the matter-of-fact headline, “Amnesty: Qatari blogger detained,” Al-Jazeera English reports that Amnesty International is calling attention to how Sultan al-Khalaifi, a Qatari blogger and the founder of a human rights organization, was arrested on March 2 and is being detained incommunicado. Amnesty International reported, “He is at risk of torture or other ill-treatment. The reasons for his detention are unknown.”After presenting comments by Najib al-Nuaimi, al-Khalaifi’s lawyer, Al-Jazeera reported, “The Qatari government could not be contacted for comment.”What is not revealed in this propaganda piece masquerading as a news report is the fact that Al-Jazeera is an arm of the Qatari government.As noted by the most recent U.S. State Department human rights report, “Al- Jazeera and the government claimed that the channel was independent and free of government influence, but the government exercised editorial and programmatic control of the channel through funding and selection of the station’s management.”In other words, the regime and the channel are lying about Al-Jazeera’s supposed “independence.”How is it possible that a channel based in Qatar and funded by the regime could not obtain a comment from those who pay its bills and pick its personnel? The answer has to be that there is a cover-up underway and Al-Jazeera is part of it. Meanwhile, a courageous blogger in Qatar is possibly being tortured to death.The cover-up is reminiscent of the failure of Al-Jazeera to cover the assault on CBS News correspondent Lara Logan during the riots in Egypt. Al-Jazeera officials lied about that, too, saying the failure to cover the attack stemmed from a respect for Logan’s privacy.“The constitution [of Qatar] does not provide citizens the right to peacefully change their government through elections. The constitution provides for hereditary rule by the emir’s branch of the Al-Thani family,” notes the State Department report. In other words, Qatar is a family-run dictatorship.It is an authoritarian regime that gets the easy treatment from the channel it sponsors. No real surprise here, except perhaps to those Western voices such as American blogger Jeff Jarvis and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton who sing the praises of the Arab government-funded network.In terms of press freedom in general, Mrs. Clinton’s own State Department human rights report notes that “The government restricted the peaceful expression of views via the Internet and censored the Internet for political, religious, and pornographic content through a proxy server, which monitored and blocked Web sites, e-mail, and chat rooms through the state-owned Internet service provider. For example, the government blocked access to the Arab Times, an Arab-American online newspaper, which at times published articles critical of the government.”In order to create a favorable impression, however, the monarchy of Qatar runs its own “National Human Rights Committee” (NHRC) which claims that “Since the Accession of his Highness the Emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, there has been an increased emphasis on liberalizing Qatar, in order to facilitate its social, cultural and economic development.” It goes on, “This is most evident in the support provided to the satellite TV channel Al-Jazeera by the State of Qatar.”Al-Jazeera, which has a history of covering up human rights abuses in Qatar, is being offered as proof of the regime’s commitment to human rights. How’s that for Orwellian double-talk?Hmmmm.....This is the Channel Barack HUSSEIN Obama wants on American Cable?Read the full story here.
- Saudi Arabia - Quitting maid puts family under 'magic spell'.A Saudi man is accusing his departing housemaid of putting his family under magic spell after his son fell ill, a newspaper reported on Thursday.The unnamed man was tidying up his house when he found talismans and other pieces of papers carrying strange writings concealed under a bed, Okaz said in a report from the central town of Afeef.It said the man took the stuff to the local office of the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, the most influential Islamic law enforcement authority in the Gulf Kingdom.“They told him that these are part of sorcery work but they would handle them,” it said. “The man told them he suspects that his housemaid left them to put his family under magic spell.…he said his son had fallen ill and his family had been in crisis since the maid left to her country.Hmmmm....Anybody knows an evil witch in the neighbourhood?Ex spouces not included.Read the full story here.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Two dreamers to meet?Israel's unrealistic dreamer, who has no authority to negotiate on Israel's behalf because he has never won an election in which anyone other than Knesset members voted, has asked for a meeting with America's dreamer, who dreams of weakening and maybe ultimately destroying the State of Israel.Read the full story here.
- HT:TundraTabloids.Exclusive: Former employee of abusive Saudi Princess tells all to the Tundra Tabloids.Saudi Princess Deema Turki Al Saud is the drunken princess who bit her bodyguard and abused her staff and given anonymity by a UK judge in hope of her return to the UK to stand trial.Read the full story here.
- Clerics From Top Islamic Seminary Issue Fatwa Forbidding Women From “Traveling More Than 48 Miles From Home Without Male Chaperone”.Muslim women have been banned from traveling more than 48 miles from their homes without being chaperoned by a male relative, according to a fatwa issued by one of Islam's leading universities.The ruling was made by the Darul Uloom Deoband, the leading Islamic university founded in northern India in 1866, which has millions of followers from Bangladesh and Pakistan to Muslim communities in Britain. Its fatwa was issued after a female follower had asked: "Is a married woman permitted to travel to another country with her female sibling?" In a reply on the Deoband website, she was told:"She cannot travel without a 'mehram' [male relative]. It's mentioned in the Hadees that a woman should not travel for more than 48 miles except in the company of a 'mehram' relative." Its response, which was delivered on International Women's Day, provoked anger among Muslim women activists who said it was based on conditions in the Arabian peninsula more than 1,400 years ago and no longer relevant in the modern world. The decision was defended by a Deobandi spokesman who said the increase in violent crime against women in India showed it remained relevant. "No Muslim family should have any objections," he said.Naaz Raza of the Muslim women's group Bharatiya Muslim Mahila Andolan, said no muslim woman could follow the fatwa today. "This is rubbish. The Hadith was said 1,400 years ago and at that time there were hundreds of dangers for a women to travel alone beyond a particular limit but now traveling for women is safe. They should think a thousand times before issuing such fatwas. Islam never forces anything on anyone. Traveling alone or with or without a companion should be a personal choice," she said.Hmmmm.....I would like to see the crime statistics against women in the strict Islamic rule countries, it might be Pretty amazing how much higher they are compared to the West.Read the full story here.