Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Herman Cain: When the President Leaves Out 3 Times On Purpose “Endowed by Their Creator” Something’s Wrong.Herman Cain says our culture is being attacked as well as our economy being destroyed.MFS :.......Is Obama a Christian .....Has he been Baptised and has anyone seen the baptism act? here.
- The volatile Lybian situation live streams here.
Live Blog Libya - Al Jazeera. here.
- HT:Aina.9 Christians Killed, 150 Injured in Attack By 15,000 Muslims and Egyptian Army.According to Father Abram Fahmy, pastor of St. Simon the Tanner Monastery in Mokatam Hills, on the outskirts of Cairo, Copts were killed and injured today in a fresh attack by Muslims. It was reported the Egyptian army fired live ammunition on Copts. The attack has claimed until now the lives of 9 Copts and injured 150, 45 seriously.Muslims threw fire balls at the Monastery from the top of the hills. Coptic youth have arrested five of them, who are now being held within the Monastery grounds, waiting to be handed over to the authorities.Eight homes and 20 garbage recycling factories owned by Copts have been torched, as well as 30 garbage collection vehicles.The incident started when 500 Coptic demonstrators from Manshier Nasr, also known as "Garbage City," which is near the Monastery, were on their way to join the Coptic protest near the Egyptian TV Building, to show their solidarity with the Copts of the village of Soul in Atfif, who were forcibly displaced from their village and their church torched (AINA 3-5-2011). Nearly 15,000 Muslims from the nearby area of Sayeda Aisha and Mokattam, who were armed with weapons including automatic guns, confronted the Copts.The clashes first started with hurling of stones at the Coptic demonstrators, then Molotov Cocktails. According to eyewitnesses the Copts called the army which arrived at the scene at 15:00 with 10 tanks . At first the military stood by watching, then shot in the air, then at the Coptic side with live ammunition."We were at one side and the Muslim on the other, we have hundreds of injured at the Coptic side," said an eyewitness. "The Muslims were also shooting from behind the army tanks."First-aid was given to the injured in the clinic attached to the Monastery, "But there are only 3 doctors here, not enough to look after all the injured," said the Church custodian. According to one of the doctors all injuries were caused by gun shots. The injured were transported by private persons to various hospitals around Cairo, as ambulances refused to respond to their calls.It was reported that Muslims stood at the head of the road and any garbage collecting vehicle belonging to Copts from "Garbage City" was confiscated and the owners beaten.Attorney Wagih Anwar Abou Saad, an eyewitness, told Free Coptic Voice the army has been firing live ammunition on the Copts since 3 PM. "The army is protecting the Muslims, who sought shelter behind the army tanks," he said.There was a media blackout on the incident. There are no reports of any Muslim casualties.Hmmmm.....No word from the defender of the oppressed the selfconfessed "Christian" Barack HUSSEIN Obama?Read the full story here. More here .
- Strong quake hits N. Japan, tsunami warning issued.No reports of damage or injuries from 7.2 magnitude quake; nearby nuclear plant operating normally.TOKYO - A strong earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 7.2 hit off the coast of northeastern Japan on Wednesday, the Japanese Meteorological Agency (JMA) said, but there were so far no reports of damage from the quake.A tsunami advisory of up to 50 cm (about 20 inches) was issued for northeastern Japan after the quake hit around 11:45 a.m. (0245 GMT), JMA said."First I felt a jolt that pushed from underneath, then a big sideways tremor that lasted for about 20 seconds," Yoshiyuki Sato, an official at Kurihara City in Miyagi prefecture, about 300 km (186 miles) northeast of Tokyo, told Reuters."The tremor was relatively big but things did not fall off the shelves in the city government building," he said.The focus of the tremor was 10 km (6 miles) below the surface of the earth, off the coast of Aomori prefecture, public broadcaster NHK said.An official at the National Police Agency said there was no information on damage from the quake so far.Tohoku Electric Power said its Onagawa nuclear plant was operating normally after the quake. Tokyo Electric Power also said there was no impact on its power plants in the region.Bullet trains resumed running in northeastern Japan after stopping briefly, Kyodo news agency reported.Read the full story here.
- HT:BigPeace.The Muslim Brotherhood in America: Deputy National Security Advisor McDonough Meets with Hamas Support Entity.It is being reported that on Sunday, March 6th, Denis McDonough, the Deputy National Security Advisor to the President of the United States attended the ADAMS Interfaith/Government Summit in Sterling, Virginia.The implications of this are frightening and shocking – and may be criminal.ADAMS (All Dulles Area Muslim Society) is led by its Executive Director, Mohammad Majid. Majid is also the President of the largest Muslim Brotherhood / Hamas support entity in North America – the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA).A significant amount of evidence has been entered into federal terrorism trials revealing ISNA is not only the largest Muslim Brotherhood entity in North America, but is a cover and support organization for Hamas (Islamic Resistance Movement). Hamas is designated as a “Foreign Terrorist Organization” (FTO) by the United States Government.Judge Solis did not remove ISNA from the list of unindicted co-conspirators.Whether ISNA is or is not an “unindicted co-conspirator” in the HLF case is actually not as germane as is the massive amount of evidence clearly indicating: (1) ISNA is the leading Muslim Brotherhood entity in the U.S. which seeks to overthrow our Constitutional government; (2) ISNA is a Hamas support entity; (3) no evidence exists, except the “word” of the leaders of ISNA, that ISNA has ceased doing what it was created to do.The remarks made by Deputy National Security Advisor McDonough on 3/6/11 at the ADAMS Center are on the White House website for all to read. His comments began with: “Thank you (Imam Majid), also, for being one of our nation’s leading voices for the values that make America so strong, especially religious freedom and tolerance. Whether it’s here at the ADAMS Center, or as President of the Islamic Society of North America, you’ve spoken with passion and eloquence, not only about your own Islamic faith, but for the need to build bridges of understanding and trust between faiths.”So, Mr. McDonough knows Mohammad Majid is the leader of ISNA.His remarks further included: “Over the past two years, I—along with my White House colleagues—have benefited from the advice of many of your organizations through our Office of Public Engagement. Because, after all, your communities have the same concerns as all Americans—the economy, education, health care, the safety of our children and our country.”Actually Mr. McDonough, the Muslim Brotherhood is only concerned with its objectives, which are the same as Al Qaeda’s – the re-establishment of the global Islamic State (Caliphate), under which Shariah (Islamic Law) is enforced. The HLF related rulings and all the evidence are available to the public via the Northern District of Texas’ own website, so the information is readily accessible.Again, we must ask the same tired question – why are those charged with our national security, violating their Constitutional oaths to do so and taking actions which appear to support our enemies?Hmmmm.....When will Congress start the impeachment procedure?Read the full story here.
- King Claims Common Ground With White House on Islam Hearings, Blames CAIR for Backlash.The nation's largest Muslim advocacy group and other organizations are stoking opposition to a hearing planned later this week in Washington which will delve into the threat posed by Islamic radicalization. But Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee hosting the hearing, said Monday that he's on the same page as the White House when it comes to addressing that threat and engaging moderates in the American Muslim community. "I'm not going to give into political correctness. I'm going ahead," King told Fox News. Ahead of Thursday's hearing, hundreds of protesters gathered Sunday in Times Square to accuse King of unfairly targeting Muslims. The event featured celebrities like hip hop mogul Russell Simmons and was backed by a slew of religious organizations and leaders.King, though, pinned blame for the backlash on the Council on American Islamic Relations. Noting CAIR's history as an "unindicted co-conspirator" in a terrorist funding case, King said CAIR is exactly the kind of group Muslim leaders should "push aside." An August 2010 background report showed 21 U.S. citizens were charged in such cases in 2009 and another 20 were charged in 2010 between January and August.The hearing has generated much debate and publicity. The congressman on Sunday squared off against Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn., the first Muslim elected to the House, on CNN's "State of the Union." Ellison said that while it's proper to investigate radicalization, he thinks it is wrong to single out a religious minority. Hmmmm......How about "Kill the Jews" they are also a religious minority?Read the full story here.
- Flashback - November 2010 - New York City's Yellow Cab Passengers to Help Choose `Taxi of Tomorrow'.New York’s “Taxi of Tomorrow” may be chosen with input from among the 600,000 riders who use yellow cabs daily in the most-populous U.S. city, Mayor Michael Bloomberg said. Ford Motor Co., Nissan Motor Co. and Karsan Otomotiv Sanayi Ticaret AS of Turkey were named as finalists in a competition to design a new model for the city’s 13,237 taxi cabs. The mayor said he would ask each automaker to give the city its best offer within a month, after which a decision will be made whether to designate one as the sole supplier for the fleet. “We’re asking for input from our most important stakeholders, and that’s the residents of New York City,” Bloomberg said at a City Hall news conference where he announced the creation of a survey page on the city’s www.nyc.gov website. Those who fill out the form have a chance to enter a drawing to win one year of free taxi rides worth as much as $5,000, the mayor said. The survey asks passengers to rate the importance of several factors, including fuel economy, interior room, accessibility and amenities such as electric outlets to recharge cell phones. Hmmmmm......March 2011 still nothing is heard,why the secrecy Mayor?Somehow when you look at Karsan at the stock exchange it seems the decision has been made?Read the full story here.
- King Blasts MSM for Criticizing Radical Muslim Hearings, “What Are They Afraid of? What Are They Hiding?”The House Homeland Security Committee chairman blasted the mainstream media on Tuesday, calling outlets “irresponsible” for criticizing the panel’s planned hearing on radicalization in the U.S. Muslim community. Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) has been taking an enormous amount of political heat for the hearing scheduled for Thursday. But despite objections from the committee’s ranking Democrat, Rep. Bennie Thompson (Miss.), and several other lawmakers, King intends to forge ahead, as planned, with the proceeding.In a Tuesday editorial, The New York Times said King’s hearing was “designed to stoke fear against American Muslims [and] his refusal to tone down the provocation despite widespread opposition suggests that he is far more interested in exploiting ethnic misunderstanding than in trying to heal it.”King immediately shot back, saying he didn’t want to feel guilty for not holding the hearings in the event another attack, like that of Sept. 11, 2001, took place.“What are they afraid of? What are they hiding from? Why are they attacking me in such a rabid way?” King told MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “I can take the hits, that doesn’t bother me at all.“I don’t ever want it on my conscience that if another attack comes, I wake up the next morning and say, ‘I backed down to political correctness, I backed down toThe Washington Post, or the left-wing New York Times, because I was afraid of political retribution.’ I’m going to do what I have to do, and I’m going to do it.”Hmmm......"Remember the Alamo"!Good Luck Congressman ...next the Obama administration?Read the full story here.
- Republicans divided over Muslim hearings.The top two House Republican leaders are divided over how to handle the bubbling controversy surrounding Homeland Security Chairman Peter King’s hearing into “radicalization” in the American Muslim community.Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.), the highest-ranking Jewish member of Congress, is squarely behind King as he takes shots from civil libertarians and religious groups over his decision to target one group in his investigation of the causes of terrorism.“Chairman King works tirelessly to ensure that our homeland is secure, and following the tragic murders of U.S. soldiers in Germany by a radical Islamist, the Fort Hood murders committed by a radical Al Qaeda sympathizer and the recent arrest in Texas of a Saudi student planning jihad, this is certainly a relevant topic for committee consideration,” Cantor spokeswoman Laena Fallon said.But Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) are keeping their distance from King, perhaps trying to avoid letting this issue become a distraction for the GOP majority.“Chairman King is chairman of the Homeland Security Committee” is all Boehner spokesman Michael Steel would say when asked about the controversy. McCarthy’s office declined to comment.Hmmm.....They say being silent is approving.Read the full story here.
- Turkey - Poll: US, Israel Turkey's main enemies.A total of 2,000 Turkish people took part in the opinion poll conducted by Ankara-based MetroPOLL Strategic and Social Research Center. The results were published on February 28, 2011, the IRIB's Research Center reported. Forty-two percent of the respondents saw the United States as Turkey's number one enemy, and 23 percent of them singled out Israel as the main enemy of the Eurasian nation. Six percent of those polled said Greece was their country's main enemy. Four percent singled out Iraq's Kurdistan, and a tiny three percent picked Armenia. Eight percent of the respondents chose other countries as Turkey's number one enemy, while 14 percent had no opinion about their country's worst enemy. Turkey's differences with Greece are mainly over the ownership of a few islands in the Mediterranean Sea as well as the issue of Cyprus. Both countries are members of NATO alliance. The Turkish people also regard Iraq's Kurdistan as a threat because it can set a precedent for Turkish Kurds, the research center said. Armenia also has age-old difference with Turkey because of the alleged "Armenian Genocide" during World War I.Hmmmm......Turkey....Obama's best friend and ally who's best friends are Iran,"a man's friends say a lot about him".Read the full story here.
- Pro-Palestinian groups to send flotilla to Gaza in May.Free Gaza movement organizers request governments of participating nationals to protect participants in flotilla which will include 15 ships.Pro-Palestinian movements in Europe, including the Free Gaza movement, have planned to send another flotilla to Gaza in mid-May. Organizers have said that the flotilla will include 15 ships from a number of different countries, and thousands are expected to participate. At their meeting Amsterdam, the Free Gaza movement urged the governments of participating nationals to take the necessary steps to protect those nationals who will participate, the Kuwait News Agency reported. The flotilla will reportedly be called "Freedom Fleet 2."Last year, a flotilla from Turkey roused controversy when nine passengers were killed as IDF soldiers intercepted one of the ships, the Mavi Marmara. Turkey has called on Israel to apologize for the deaths of the citizens, and to provide compensation to the families of those who died. Israel has agreed to provide compensation, but refused to admit that its actions were unlawful and accept blame.Hmmmm....The real intention is not to aid the Palestinians ,but to start full scale war in the Midle East and demonise Israel.Read the full story here.
- Israel to ask U.S. for $20billion extra in military aid because of Middle East turmoil.Israel are expected to ask for an additional $20billion in U.S. military aid in order to help the country deal with potential threats arising from the ongoing uprisings in the Middle East.In an interview with the Wall Street Journal defence minister Ehud Barak was reported as saying his country are considering making the request while the Arab world survey the wreckage of the 'historic earthquake'.Barak said Israel was worried that its top foes, Iran and Syria 'might be the last to feel the heat' of the revolts and that Egypt's new leaders might, under public pressure, back away from its 1979 peace treaty with Israel.'The issue of qualitative military aid for Israel becomes more essential for us, and I believe also more essential for you,' the U.S. newspaper quoted Barak as saying. He continued: 'A strong, responsible Israel can become a stabiliser in such a turbulent region.'Without making a 'daring' peace offer, however, Israel cannot seek additional aid, Barak was quoted as saying.Israel already receives $3billion in military aid a year from the U.S., but any increase in aid could hinge on the country's relationship with enemies Palestine.It is perhaps little surprise, then, that Barak also said that Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is likely to offer Palestinians a state within temporary borders, detailing for the first time an emerging Israeli plan for breaking the deadlocked peace negotiations.The prime minister is said to be planning a speech - possibly to be delivered in Washington - in which he will outline his plans.It is not clear that the U.S. would support the idea of an interim accord, given the Palestinians' categorical rejection of the notion.'If and when Israel offers its own thoughts on how to move the process forward, we will be listening attentively,' White House spokesman P.J. Crowley told reporters in Washington yesterday. 'We do not know what the prime minister and his government are thinking at the present time.'Hmmmmm......"Remember Massada".Read the full story here.
- Welfare nation: Government handouts make up ONE THIRD of America's salaries and wages.Government handouts now make up a record-breaking one third of the total amount of wages and salaries in the U.S., according to a bombshell new study.The payouts – including Social Security, Medicare and unemployment insurance – are placing an increasing burden on the state at a time it is trying to dig itself out from a mountain of debt.And economists fear the toll on taxpayers will only increase further if quick action isn’t taken before the majority of baby boomers reach retirement age.Social benefits make up 35 per cent of wages and salaries this year, up from 21 per cent in 2000 and 10 per cent in 1960, according to TrimTabs Investment Research, based on data from the Bureau of Economic Analysis.‘The U.S. economy has become alarmingly dependent on government stimulus,’ said Madeline Schnapp, director of Macroeconomic Research at TrimTabs, in a note to clients, according to CNBC.‘Consumption supported by wages and salaries is a much stronger foundation for economic growth than consumption based on social welfare benefits,’ she added.She claimed that to get welfare back to its pre-recession rate of 26 per cent of pay, ‘either wages and salaries would have to increase $2.3 trillion, or 35 per cent, to $8.8 trillion, or social welfare benefits would have to decline $500 billion, or 23 per cent, to $1.7 trillion.’The ageing baby boomer generation means that welfare benefits have increased by $514 billion over the past two years, according to the TrimTabs study.The recession also takes some of the blame for the change because governments traditionally spend more during financial crisis to help prop up the rest of the economy.But economists can take heart from the fact that the welfare levels in other countries are even higher. In the UK, social welfare benefits make up 44 per cent of wages and salaries.Hmmmm......"Change" you can see?Read the full story here.
- Egyptian Islamist wishes to ‘see Israel wiped off map’. Egypt: Senior Muslim Brotherhood Official “Prays Every Night Israel Is Wiped off the Map”.A prominent member of Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood this week became the first member of the Islamist group to visit Iran, where he praised Tehran’s leadership and denounced Israel.The New York Post reported that Kamal El Helbawy — a London-based Islamic scholar and Brotherhood representative widely known as the movement’s face in the West — told his hosts he wished to see Egypt become, like Iran, “a true Islamic state.”“Egypt and the world of Islam as a whole need leaders like President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad,” he said, and “should join a new world order with Iran and Venezuela, plus Hezbollah and Hamas to chase away the Americans.“Every night when I go to bed, I pray to wake up the next day to see Israel is wiped off the map,” the Brotherhood leader reportedly said.Last month, during protests to oust Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, Helbawy told Iran’sAl-Alam television network, “The only foreign intervention in this revolution is that of Israel. They destroyed the gas pipeline, so that the revolutionaries would be accused of using explosives. No one would accept a destructive Iranian role in Egypt, or elsewhere. We think highly of a country whose president is important, courageous and has a vision.”Hmmmm......'Genius' Barrack Hussein Obama" "Israel may benefit from Arab uprisings".Cheer Ignorance or Malice?Read the full story here.
- HT:BigPeace.Why Is Obama Arming the World?Jeff Abramson, deputy director of the Arms Control Association, recently told Fortune Magazine: “There’s an Obama arms bazaar going on.” And it’s no exaggeration. Obama has personally pushed for large weapons sales such as the $4 billion aircraft deal with Saudi Arabia. And the administration is also rewriting the rules that govern arms exports, which will in effect reduce oversight of weapons sales. In the middle of its extensive story on the defense industry Fortune magazine has a stunning statistic.“Thanks to a surge in overseas demand, the F-15 and other aging U.S. weapons systems are hotter than they’ve been in years. The Department of Defense last year told Congress of plans to sell up to $103 billion in weapons to overseas buyers, a staggering rise from an average of $13 billion a year between 1995 and 2005, according to Deutsche Bank analyst Myles Walton. Signed agreements have tripled since 2000.” And they called Bush a militarist!Nearly 50% of our arms sales go to the Middle East, a region now awash with violence and instability.So why is Obama, who doesn’t seem to embrace the notion that a powerful military is a good thing, selling so many arms around the world? For someone who critiqued the Bush Administration for relying too much on military capabilities and not enough on diplomacy, it is extremely ironic that Obama is leading the charge in the massive expansion of arms sales. Why? It’s hard to not escape the conclusion that this is more about helping the economy than anything else. And that’s a cynical and dangerous approach to arms sales. Ultimately they should be about protecting us and our allies. Once you use it as an employment program, problems emerge. The temptation to make risky sales becomes great–all in the name of job creation. Perhaps this is another imitation of the French–who for years have been willing to sell weapons to just about anyone in the name of “commerce.”Hmmmm....."I will stand with my Muslim Brothers"?Read the full story here.
- Iran: All Middle East Oil For the Infidels Will Be Cut Off Soon.Sepah News ( the Iranian Revolutionary Guards) reports:On Wednesday, March 2nd, Commander of the Basij organization, Brigadier General Mohammad-Reza Naghdi spoke at a conference of specialist working groups of Basiji corps of engineers. “Seventy percent of the world’s fossil fuel reserve is under the feet of the soldiers of the Supreme Leadership and soon oil and gas fields belonging to Muslims, which is now in the hands of America will fall into the hands of the people; that will be the time when all those overlords will have sanctions put on them.” He added: “ The enemy is heavily dependent on this energy and the events in the region has them quite agitated, this of course provides us with a hopeful future.”Naghdi added: “In combating the sanctions our engineers have achieved many impressive things which has clearly frustrated the enemy. And of course our engineers in the nuclear area were shining examples as they were faced with international powers which had colluded against us in preventing this project from going forward, but they did not succeed.”Naghdi admitted that the Basij militia was in fact instrumental in supporting Palestinians and the Hezbollah during the 22 day and 33 day wars and this has also sparked awareness among people around the world. He said: “Today Zionism is surrounded and it’s days are numbered. If we stay the course and carry out all plans as designed, the awareness that we have inspired will be the basis for the downfall of the overlords.’Hmmmm.....Obama "Yes , yes i will be able to sell my electric car!WAKE UP you need energy to charge your electric 'dream'.You're already short of hydro now.Read the full story here.
- White House in Panic, Obama Not Getting Graduation Commencement Requests.The White House is ramping up an effort to promote a nationwide competition to decide which high school wins a commencement speech by President Obama. An internal White House memo indicates that the White House is facing a shortage of applications less than a week before the deadline. The competition was extended from the February 25 deadline until Friday, March 11 after few schools met the original application deadline. CBS News has learned a White House Communications Office internal memo dated February 22 noted "a major issue with the Commencement Challenge." "As of yesterday we had received 14 applications and the deadline is Friday," the memo said. The memo also urged recipients to, "please keep the application number close hold."A follow-up memo on February 28 reported receipt of 68 applications. Noting the competition among more than 1,000 schools last year, the memo said, "Something isn't working." It called on staffers to ask "friendly congressional, gubernatorial and mayoral offices" to encourage schools to apply. "We should also make sure the Cabinet is pushing the competition out to their lists," the memo said. The note reiterated, "We do not want the actual application number out there (we didn't release the number of applications we received last year until after the submission period)-so folks should not use it in their pitches."On Monday, officials declined to cite the number of applications received so far.The president will travel to the school that is judged to best prepare students for college and careers. The competition is part of Mr. Obama's ultimate goal of making the U.S. the country with the highest proportion of college graduates by 2020.Responding to questions about the CBS News story on Tuesday, White House spokesman Jay Carney reported the White House has received "a large number" of applications and we look forward to a process that will produce a winner and a commencement speech from the president."But Carney said he did not know how many schools have applied for the honor. The press secretary spoke to reporters Tuesday as President Obama flew to an education event in Boston.Hmmmm.....Reminds me of Gadaffi "The people love me".Read the full story here.
- Obama Admin Requests Leniency For al-Qaeda Terrorist Who Still Backs Killing of Americans.The U.S. government formally requested the early release of a convicted terrorist from federal prison, even though the terrorist admitted that he continued to support the killing of U.S. soldiers serving in Muslim countries.Mohammed Babar, born and raised in New York City, was arrested in 2004 and pled guilty to four counts of providing material support to al Qaeda and one count of providing funds to Al Qaeda. After Babar had served four years and eight months, he was released on bail in late 2008.In late 2010, the government filed a sealed request for leniency for Babar because of his “extraordinary cooperation” in terror investigations, asking for an “appropriate reduction” in his sentence even though federal sentencing guidelines indicate a sentence of 30 to 70 years in prison. The letter, now unsealed, notes that he was critical in securing conviction in four cases in three countries.After the request, a judge sentenced Babar to 10 years of supervised release and a court fee of $500.“According to Babar,” says the request for leniency, dated Nov. 23, 2010, “he still supports today the killing of American military service members on battlefields in Muslim countries. Babar has advised that he also supports the killing of Americans (both military and civilian) in Muslim countries ‘occupied’ by the United States.”Hmmmm....."What part of "Protecting the constitution and America' did Obama not understand?Read the full
- HT:BigGovernment.FCC Stalls on Details of its Net Neutrality Power Grab.We have discussed quite a bit the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)’s December 21 unauthorized, unilateral Internet power grab – instigated and rammed through by its Chairman Julius Genachowski so as to impose the ridiculous notion that is Network Neutrality.By last year (and actually much earlier), no one save these Media Marxists wanted Net Neutrality. 302 members of an overwhelmingly Democrat Congress told the FCC to leave it alone. The D.C. Circuit Court in April unanimously told the FCC to leave it alone.95 Congressional candidates signed a pro-Net Neutrality pledge – and all 95 lost in November.That’s a whole lot of nothing going on for Net Neutrality. As we said, it was and remains the kid sitting by himself in the high school cafeteria.So what did Chairman Genachowski do in the face of all of this omnidirectional opposition? He went ahead and power grabbed the Internet and imposed Net Neutrality anyway.And he rushed to do so after an election in which the American people adamantly expressed their Less Government mindset – and before the Less Government-minded officials the American people elected could be sworn in.Again, allegedly in the name of this six-plus-year slow-crawl towards Imminent Danger!So by stalling, the Chairman is callously venue shopping – and ducking a court in which he knows he will most likely lose.Venue shopping is in fact rapidly becoming a fixture of this FCC for all sorts of Bigger Government moves – by them and the Media Marxists who’s bidding their doing.It is now the second week of March – and the Chairman still has not filed his order. We were told that Net Neutrality is so important to truth, justice and the American Way that the Chairman HAD to ram through the Christmas vote rather than waiting for Congress to write the legislation he himself acknowledges the FCC needs to act.Yet here we are two months into the new Congress – plenty of time for them to have written legislation for the Net Neutrality we are told we so desperately need – and the Chairman still has not yet delivered us his order.Sadly, this is par for the now all-too-familiar Genachowski course of action.Hmmmmm.....How dictatorship creeps up on you?Read the full story here.More here.
- HT:BigGovernment.New York, Connecticut, and the Plan to Take Away Your Guns.When Thomas Jefferson warned his peers (and his posterity) about the threat of expansive governments, he said, “A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.” In other words, the habit of looking to a government to meet our wants can be very costly because governments big enough to satisfy those wants are too large to control. In the end, all the goodies such a government provides come at a price too high: the price of freedom.And although Jefferson issued this warning two centuries ago, many citizens in blue states like Connecticut and New York may think them strangely contemporary. And the reason they might think this is because politicians in those two states are openly pushing legislation that will control, if not take away all together, said citizens’ ability to exercise their God-given, 2nd Amendment rights.For example, in New York, S.B. 2994 is currently making the rounds in that state’s senate. Not only will this legislation require gun owners to register every gun they own with the state, it will also charge them an annual per-gun fee for every gun they own. Moreover, gun owners will even have to tell the government where they store their guns when not in use.Now think about this: the justification given for S.B. 2994 is that it will enable New York officials to “come a step closer to identifying…illegal firearms.”Hmmm…. I wonder how many owners of illegal firearms will be complying with S.B. 2994 should it pass? I’d say there’s a better chance that owners of legal firearms will get a knock on their door at some future date, when the government that knows how many guns you own and where you keep them decides it’s time to get those firearms off the streets too.In Connecticut’s legislature, Bill No. 1094 – “AN ACT BANNING LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION MAGAZINES” – has been proposed. If enacted, this bill would not only ban the sell of magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, but would also make it a felony for a gun owner to have one. (That’s right – a felony.)And what about people who already own such magazines? According to the legislation, such people would have 90 days from the day the bill becomes law to turn in all magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. Therefore, every magazine in the state that holds 11 or more rounds would be confiscated, and after 90 days if a gun owner is caught with a magazine he or she didn’t turn in they become a felon (and as a felon they can never legally own or a possess a firearm again).Is this a great backdoor scheme for ending private gun onwership or what?Hmmmm.....Dictatorship coming soon to a neighbourhood near you?Could be inforced with these neat little hummingbird drones once they passed legislation for them?Quote"The company, based in California with 732 full-time employees, expects to sell even more drones to the Government once rules are relaxed to allow spying within America.Read the full story here.
- HT:AmnonAndJonathan.The United Nations - Libyan envoy elected to chair HR Commission on secret ballot.The UN Commission on Human Rights elected Monday by a vote (in a secret ballot) of 33 in favour, three opposed and 17 abstentions the Ambassador of the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Ms. Najat Al-Hajjaji as chair of the Commission’s 59th session.Hmmmm.......How useless this organisation has become?Read the full story here.
- HT:BigPeace.Elisabeth Sabaditsch-Wolff Hassled by U.S. Immigration Service.Recently acquitted in Austria on charges of “incitement to hatred” stemming from comments made in a seminar series about Islam, Austrian citizen Elisabeth Sabaditsch-Wolff now also has been subjected to lengthy questioning by the U.S. Immigration and Customs (ICE) service upon arrival in Miami, FL on 4 March 2011. Wolff, who lived in the U.S. as a child, now lives with her family in Vienna, Austria but returns regularly to the U.S. for visits. Although acquitted of “incitement to hatred,” Wolff was convicted in February 2011 of the lesser charge of “denigration of the teachings of a legally recognized religion” and assessed a fine. She is appealing.In addition to querying Wolff about her speech and the conference, the ICE officers wanted to know why she was traveling alone, where her husband was, how she earned a living, and most inappropriate of all, whether she were a “practicing Christian.” A Dutch colleague of Wolff’s, also to speak at the conference, was similarly subjected to lengthy and hostile questioning by ICE officials, both in Amsterdam and at JFK Airport upon arrival in the U.S. After looking at the text of his speech, one of the ICE officials in Amsterdam flatly told the Dutch citizen that his activism against shariah Islam “is discrimination.”Both Wolff and her colleague ultimately were released and permitted to continue their travel in the U.S., but were sent off with the explicit warning to Wolff that she should “tone down the rhetoric.”While ICE and other Department of Homeland Security (DHS) officials have the legal duty to scrutinize would-be visitors to the U.S. at points of entry, what appears to be gratuitous harassment on grounds apparently related to issues of free speech is inappropriate. Wolff was convicted in Austria under laws that are incompatible with the right to free speech enshrined in the U.S. Constitution’s First Amendment. No American could ever be convicted in the U.S. for “denigration of the teachings of a legally recognized religion.” Belief systems, Ideology, and religious teachings are not off-limits from criticism in this country. Not yet anyway.The United States is the last true bastion of protected free speech in the world. We cannot allow the precious freedoms we hold dear to be eroded under the assault of an alien legal system that would replace them with a totalitarian world order. The ICE treatment of Elisabeth Sabaditsch-Wolf and her Dutch colleague should sound a warning to all of us that shariah can happen here, too, if we let it.Hmmmm....."Democracy or rising Dictatorship"?Read the full story here.
- HT:ATR.Report: Team Obama Directly Working to Recall Wisconsin Republicans.This morning, Wisconsin Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald said in a radio interview that President Obama’s political team is directly involved in burgeoning efforts to recall Republican elected officials (emphasis on the word “elected,” as in chosen by the people of Wisconsin in a democratic vote four months ago):“There’s many people that are beginning to believe this is a delay tactic by the Democrats in the Senate so that these recall elections can be organized by the Obama team out of Chicago, which they are, as we start to do the research on the people that have filed the petition,” Fitzgerald told Newsradio 620 WTMJ’s “Wisconsin’s Morning News.”When asked whether Fitzgerald knew that for a fact, he responded, “The organizer against (River Hills Republican Senator) Alberta Darling definitely has direct links to the Obama camp. There’s no doubt about it. These guys might be out until June. Unfortunately, what they’re trying to do is flip the majority, and I think that’s becoming very evident.”The President's message to the American people is simple: I don't care about balancing the federal budget. I don't care what the voters had to say in November. I will spend money to depose of elected officials I don't like. Because Big Labor told me to.Hmmmm.....Hitler,Stalin and Mao nodding in approval?Anyone still believing in fair elections in 2012 needs his head checked.Read the full
- HT:TheJawaReport.Video : Congressman Peter King Has Beefed Up His Security.Rep King has been receiving "hostile phone calls" and threats , mostly from overseas, as' he prepares to chair a hearing on Islamic radicalization in U.S.Hmmmm.....Read the full story here.
- Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia inches closer to ban on child marriages. Child marriages are commonplace in Saudi Arabia, an ultra-conservative kingdom where no law regulates the minimum age of marriage. But that may change soon, as local human rights organizations prepare the ground for new legislation protecting minors, especially women, from the perils of child marriage.The Saudi Human Rights Commission (HRC), a Riyadh-based government-controlled watchdog, is preparing three studies outlining the damages of child marriages from a religious and social point of view. Legislation of a minimum marriage age is set to follow the studies' completion. In Saudi Arabia, young girls are often married off by their parents to much older men. According to a local social worker interviewed by Saudi daily Al-Riyadh, some 3,000 Saudi girls below the age of 13 were married off to men at least 25 years their senior. But Fawzia Al-Bakr, a sociologist at King Saud University in Riyadh, said this was likely to change soon."I'm sure a new law will pass very soon," Al-Bakr told The Media Line. "There are many discussions about the matter in Saudi Arabia, with more and more people understanding the damage child marriages cause society." Official data published in Saudi Arabia support Al-Bakr's claim. According to a recent poll conducted by the Saudi National Society for Human Rights (NSHR), two thirds of Saudis oppose girls under the age of 18 being married. NSHR called on the Justice Ministry to set 18 as the minimum age for matrimony.But the transition from words to actions is slow in the kingdom. In April 2009, Justice Minister Muhammad Al-Eissa announced that his ministry would regulate child marriages, but nothing has happened since. Eman Al-Nafjan, a Riyadh-based blogger and social activist, said she was skeptical about the prospects of a new law. "The Justice Ministry won’t act on its own," Al-Nafjan told The Media Line. "Legislation must come from the king himself. But based on previous discussions, this is not likely to happen."Al-Nafjan said studies emphasizing the damages of child marriage have been published in the past, but to no avail. One statistical study was even commissioned by the Ministry of Social Affairs and presented to the Shura Council, Saudi Arabia's legislative body, but had no effect.For the first time in Saudi history, the parliament in January defined childhood as applying to citizens under the age of 18, in preparation for a new child protection law. The matter of child marriages, however, was intentionally excluded from the legislation under the pretext that it was a "touchy issue,”, Al-Riyadh reported. Eman Al-Nafjan was annoyed by the distinction legislators made between "a child" with regards to abuse, and "a minor" with regards to marriage."This is just semantics," she said. "It is an attempt to appease conservatives, who oppose placing restrictions on marriage practices sanctioned by Islamic law."Hmmmm......Words in the desert?Read the full story here.
- Feds And Cops Say Rep. Peter King is Right: We Don’t Get Many Tips From Muslim Community."Criminals are criminals. It gets dicier because Muslim extremists wrap their work in religion, but the smokescreens, the silence and intimidation are similar," an FBI source said."What's different is the risk - the extent of the damage, the number of innocent people who can be hurt."King has outraged many Muslim-Americans by convening hearings into homegrown radical Islamists and claiming the community has stonewalled terror investigations.He said his probe is no different than a hearing into the Mafia or another ethnicity-based group and that the U.S. must uncover the extent of jihadist recruitment on American soil.As an example, he cited Queens-born terrorist Bryant Neal Vinas, who allegedly spoke at Long Island mosques about jihadist aspirations. No one told cops, and Vinas admitted to participating in Al Qaeda attacks on U.S. soldiers after his 2008 arrest in Pakistan.But even some anti-terrorism cops are worried that King's push could backfire - by making moderate Muslims feel they are being scapegoated and more vulnerable to anti-American propaganda.Hmmm.....By the number of death threaths Congressman King gets proves he's on the right track,don't give up!Read the full story here.
- Obama Regime Appeals Judge’s Ruling Striking Down Healthcare Law…The Obama administration on Tuesday appealed a judge’s ruling in Florida that struck down its landmark healthcare overhaul law as unconstitutional because it required Americans to buy healthcare insurance or face a penalty.President Barack Obama’s Justice Department filed its notice of appeal and the case will go to the Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, based in Atlanta. The fight over the law is expected to reach the Supreme Court.Healthcare reform is the signature of Obama’s domestic policy and the administration has said it would continue to implement the law because halting it would cause irreparable harm.The administration will likely seek an expedited hearing on the case but Charles Shanor, a law professor at Emory University in Atlanta, said it would still be with the 11th Circuit for months before a ruling was issued.Hmmmm.....A case off 'My way or the highway'?Read the full story here.
- "The War on Christianity".Rhode Island School District Vows to Fight ACLU Over Attempts to Ban Prayer Banner.A Rhode Island school district has decided that if it comes down to a fight – they are willing to fight the American Civil Liberties Union over a prayer banner hanging inside a public school.The Cranston School Committee voted 4-3 Monday to keep the banner at Cranston High School West even if it means a costly legal battle. The banner had been hanging in the high school for decades but last year, the Rhode Island chapter of the ACLU received a single complaint.The ACLU asked the district to remove the banner because it violated the First Amendment – and vowed to sue if it was not taken down.However, thousands of local residents rallied to the support the banner. More than 4,000 signed a petition asking the district to keep the prayer. And last night dozens spoke out in favor of fighting the ACLU.“I say we fight the good fight,” Peter Paolella told the Providence Journal. “America needs a hero. Let’s be the hero.”Several suggested the ACLU had declared war on their community.“People have died for that flag,” one resident told the school committee. “People have died for the right for us to have a banner up that says, ‘Almighty God.’”“I don’t think there’s anything wrong with ‘Our Heavenly Father,’” Bradley told WPRI-TV. “It’s just too easy to offend people in America these days. People should just suck it up and understand that this is a diverse country.”Hmmmm.....The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict. Martin Luther King, Jr. Read the full story here.
- Marine Le Pen, invited ... by Radio J, the Jewish radio.A first. Marine Le Pen on Sunday will be invited to Radio J , the Jewish community radio, which had never wanted to invite Jean-Marie Le Pen, his father and predecessor as president of the National Front, because of its anti-Semitic remarks.Chair of the FN will first guest policy, Sunday for 40 minutes, J Forum Radio broadcasts every week in early afternoon. Marine Le Pen had said in early February in The Point that what has "happened" in the Nazi camps "is the epitome of barbarism."Marine Le Pen is not Jean-Marie Le Pen, who for the gas chambers are a detail of history", according to Frederic Haziza, recalling the words of the former president of the FN. "I think what she said about the Holocaust challenges the whole legacy of the Front National and denial of her father," said Frederic Haziza, chief of station policy. We are also at election time,She is very high in the polls , it is our duty as journalists to invite her.Hmmmm....."Allons enfants de la Patrie, Le jour de gloire est arrivé" !Read the full story here.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
HT:TundraTabloids.Rev.CRAIG LEWIS: I’M SICK OF HEARING BLACKS CALL OUT TO THE NAME OF ALLAH……!I'm sick and tired black people defending the religion that enslaved 20 million black people in the slavetrade.Hmmmm.....Perhaps 200 Million would be closer to the truth?
- The volatile Lybian situation live streams here.
Live Blog Libya - Al Jazeera. here.
- PA seeking to remove Hamas from US, EU terror lists.The Palestinian Authority is working toward removing Hamas from the US and EU list of terror organizations so as to pave the way for the Islamist movement to join a Palestinian unity government, PA negotiator Nabil Sha’ath revealed on Monday.Sha’ath, who was speaking to reporters after meeting in Cairo with Arab League Secretary- General Amr Moussa, said he raised the issue with a number of governments during a recent tour of EU capitals.“This is a question that every Palestinian and Arab should be asking,” he stressed. “My fear is that Hamas’s calculations about the Arab revolts are different than ours. We see that these revolutions’ main demand is unity and support for Palestinian rights.”Sha’ath, a former PA foreign minister, said that a Fatah-Hamas reconciliation would embolden Palestinian struggle against Israeli occupation.The Quartet, Palmor said, clearly laid down the three conditions Hamas needed to abide by in order to gain recognition: recognizing Israel, forswearing terrorism and accepting previous agreements.“Hamas has consistently rejected this platform to join the political process,” Palmor said. “A solution has been on the table for years, but Hamas still prefers to be the problem.”Hmmmm......Why do i suddenly think that 'the peacemaker in chief' will go for it ?Read the full story here.
- Car bomb rocks east Pakistan city.At least 20 people killed after car bomb explodes at gas station in Faisalabad, a key textile hub in Punjab province.At least 20 people have been killed in a car bomb explosion outside a gas station in the eastern Pakistani city of Faisalabad.The bomb went off on Tuesday in a neighbourhood full of government buildings including police offices, and it severely damaged an office of Pakistan's state-run airline as well as a local gas station.More than 100 people were wounded in the explosion, and many remain trapped under the rubble, authorities said."It was a car bomb blast. The explosive was planted in a car. We are investigating whether a suicide bomber was involved or not," police chief Aftab Cheema told the AFP news agency.Pakistani television stations showed piles of bricks and chunks of twisted metal from cars, strewn across the wrecked gas station.Our correspondent said security forces are searching for clues behind the blast and have cordoned off the gas station area."The police are saying that this was indeed a bomb. They have no evidence that this was a suicide attack. But they say the device appears to have been planted in a vehicle close to that compressed natural gas station and therefore the explosion wreaked havoc, because the pump itself blew up," he said."There was quite a bit of opposition to the fact that this station should not have been there in the first place, but the station was allowed to function in a highly sensitive area."And there was of course apprehension that in case of an accident, it would pose a threat, so the target [was] obviously very carefully chosen."Hmmmm......Now who would do this?Read the full story here.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Libyan rep is UN expert on mercenaries.Remember Muammar Gadhafi's representative to the United Nations 'Human Rights Council,' Najjat al-Hajjaji, who got a little surprise from UN Watch in the videos here? Well, now we have a story about Hajjaji herself: It seems that she's the UN expert on the use of mercenaries. This is from a press release I received via email from UN Watch. With the Libyan regime deploying hired guns to massacre its own people, the UN Human Rights Council was urged today to fire Najat Al-Hajjaji, a long-time mouthpiece of Col. Muammar Qaddafi, from her post as a council investigator on human rights violations by mercenaries.“Every day she stays with the UN Human Rights Council is an insult to the victims of Qaddafi’s murderous regime,” said Hillel Neuer, executive director of UN Watch, a Geneva-based human rights group that initiated the successful campaign to suspend Libya as a member of the 47-nation council.Hmmmm.......The 'wolf' guarding the sheep?Read the full story here.
- Despite openness pledge, President Obama pursues leakers.The Obama administration, which famously pledged to be the most transparent in American history, is pursuing an unexpectedly aggressive legal offensive against federal workers who leak secret information to expose wrongdoing, highlight national security threats or pursue a personal agenda. In just over two years since President Barack Obama took office, prosecutors have filed criminal charges in five separate cases involving unauthorized distribution of classified national security information to the media. And the government is now mulling what would be the most high-profile case of them all - prosecuting WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. That’s a sharp break from recent history, when the U.S. government brought such cases on three occasions in roughly 40 years. The government insists it’s only pursuing individuals who act with reckless disregard for national security, and that it has an obligation to protect the nation’s most sensitive secrets from being revealed. Anyone seeking to expose malfeasance has ample opportunity to do so through proper channels, government lawyers say. But legal experts and good-government advocates say the hard-line approach to leaks has a chilling effect on whistleblowers, who fear harsh legal reprisals if they dare to speak up. Not only that, these advocates say, it runs counter to Obama’s pledges of openness by making it a crime to shine a light on the inner workings of government – especially when there are measures that could protect the nation’s interests without hauling journalists into court and government officials off to jail.Jesselyn Radack, a former Justice Department attorney now with the Government Accountability Project, said it’s “very destructive and damaging to be going after people for leaks that embarrass the government.” The policy, she said, is “a disturbing one particularly from a president who got elected pledging openness and transparency — and someone who also got elected thanks to a lot of [Bush-era] scandals that were revealed by whistleblowers.”Still, leak prosecutions brought under Obama amount to “almost twice as many as all previous presidents put together,” noted Daniel Ellsberg, who changed history and helped set a legal precedent when he handed the Pentagon’s top-secret assessment of the Vietnam War to New York Times reporters four decades ago. “The campaign here against whistleblowers is actually unprecedented in legal terms.”Hmmmm......What i say and what i do are two different things altogether.Wherever freedom of speech disappears,shortly after freedom itself disappears,welcome to dictatorship.Read the full story here.
- HT:Aina.Christian Copts in Egypt Protest Muslim Attacks.Thousands of Christians, joined by many Muslims, have been staging sit-in since March 5 in front of the Egyptian TV building on the Nile Corniche in Cairo, protesting the attack on the church in the village of Soul and the inaction of the Egyptian armed forces in preventing the Muslims from torching and demolishing the church and terrorizing the Christian Copts and forcing them to evacuate the village.The church, which has been completely demolished, has been used by Muslims to pray there to humiliate the Copts said the protesters.The protesters were joined by 15 priests, including priests from the demolished St. Mina and St. George's church in Soul, Atfif in Hewan, 30 kilometers from Cairo, blocked the path to the main October and May 15 bridges. Some of the Coptic youth lay in the middle of the roads to prevent cars from passing, which brought traffic in this busy area of Cairo to a stand still for hours.The demonstrators accused government officials of complicity and silence to the exposure of Copts to violence and looting and demanded the recovery of their church, which was razed and taken over Muslims while under the sight of the Egyptian army. They held banners and chanted "We want our rights" and "Demolish our churches or our homes, the Coptic voice will not abate."Father Filopareer Gamil of Giza Coptic Dioceses read the Coptic demands on behalf of protesters. "Since yesterday (March 5) we have been crying out in vain to the armed forces to issue a statement to protect our rights and our homes." Coptic Demands are mainly for the church to be rebuilt on the same location and same dimensions (now an empty plot of land,) as well as the torched affiliated community services building; Christians to be allowed from immediate effect to pray again there even in a tent until the new church has been built; to secure the return of more than 7000 Copts who were terrorized and forcibly displaced from the village; compensation for all Copts affected by the incident; prosecution of the perpetrators and inciters of the church attack.To pacify the Copts, Field Marshall Tantawi, head of the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces, issued a statement that the torched church would be rebuilt by Easter, at the expense of the army.Father Yosha, the priest who was inside the Church, escaped the fire which destroyed the church, along with three deacons who were with him, through the roof of the burning church, leaping to the roof of the neighboring house, owned by Muslims, who helped and protected him from being assaulted by the mob as he left.The village residents, priests and the Bishop appealed in vain to the armed forces, stationed only 7 km away from Soul in the village of Borombol to intervene. In an interview with Freecopts, Bishop Theodosius, Bishop of Giza, said "We called the commanders of the army in charge of the region of Helwan and Borombol, and the leaders of the national security. They subsequently sent the army. When the army arrived at the village of Soul, it fired in the air and the Muslim mob dispersed. However, about half-an-hour later, the mob reassembled and began to burn the church in presence of the army. The army sent a fire truck that extinguished the fire, but thereafter the army began to protect the Muslims who were destroying the church. Meanwhile, the army prevented the Christians from reaching the church, when they attempted to extinguish the fire and end the destruction of their church. Thus, the Muslims were allowed to destroy the church under the protection of the Egyptian army."A delegation of priests met on Sunday midnight with Prime Minister Dr. Essam Sharaf in his home, who promised to contact Field Marshall Tantawi on Monday morning to make sure that his promises regarding the torched church will be kept.Hmmmmm........Off course no word from the defender of the oppressed,the selfconfessed 'Christian'.Read and see the full story here.
- HT:DougRoss.Photographic Proof that the President's National Security Advisor is Right: 'Many Different Faiths' Really Do Turn to Terrorism.At first blush, the statement by President Obama's Deputy National Security Advisor, Denis McDonough, seems like just another bizarre bit of propaganda.Denis McDonough, Obama's Deputy National Security Advisor, who said that members of many different religions "succumb to terrorist ideologies." McDonough said this in an address given on March 6 at the Islamic ADAMS Center in Sterling, Virginia.With his remarks at the headquarters of this Muslim organization, McDonough proved that he simply refuses to recognize reality concerning radical Islam and is even willing to minimize that threat by pretending that all religions contain "terrorists.""For example," McDonough said, "we know there are many different reasons why individuals -- from many different faiths -- succumb to terrorist ideologies."Obviously this is an idiotic contention. No Christians are perpetrating acts of terror throughout the world. No Hindus are blowing up trains in Spain. No Jews are fostering suicide bombings in England or the United States. No Buddhists have flown jetliners into high-rise buildings. Islam is responsible for the bulk of the world's acts of terror. To use such rhetorical conventions is dangerous because it disarms us from the real threat.McDonough and Obama both show that they are dangerously uneducated in the dangers of radical Islam. This speech certainly proves that Obama and his minions simply don't get it. They don't get it at all.Hmmmm....."The Twin Towers were not brought down on 9/11 by Jews screaming 'Mazle Tov'!Neighter were it Amish in their horse drawn buggies who attacked the USS Cole.Read the full story here.More here.
- HT:Memri.Video :Pakistani Actress Veena Malik Defies Mullah Accusing Her of Immoral Behavior on an Indian Reality TV Show, and States: Mullahs Are Raping Children in Mosques.Read and see the full story here.
- HT:Memri.'Abbas: It Is Time for the Palestinian State to Become a UN Member.PA President Mahmoud 'Abbas called to grant Palestine the status of a permanent UN member this September, as an independent state within the 1967 borders with East Jerusalem as its capital. He added that, by that date, he also hoped to see the completion of the infrastructure for the Palestinian state.Hmmmmm......"When crows wear Stiletto pumps"Read the full story here.
- Something rotten about the state of press freedom in Turkey.Apropos of Shakespeare’s Hamlet, we don’t know if something is still rotten in the state of Denmark, but it certainly is in Turkey as far as press freedom is concerned. The latest spate of arrests of well-known, respected journalists, for ostensibly being “members of the Ergenekon terrorist group,” has even the president of the Republic, Abdullah Gül, “concerned.”And so he should be because - as he told daily Milliyet’s Fikret Bila over the weekend - the present state of affairs relating to the media and journalists in this country is not just bothering the public conscience, but also “harming Turkey’s image, which everyone has come to appreciate.”Gül was naturally referring to the fact that many reforms have been made in Turkey in the name of democracy, a fact that is also the reason behind why Turkey is being pointed to as a “model” for countries such as Egypt as they try to democratize. All of this had, as Gül suggests, increased the country’s international profile in a positive manner.But that situation now faces the risk of changing rapidly since Turkey is once again under international scrutiny for trying to prevent journalists from doing their job, and for incarcerating those who report about things unfavorable to the government or the authorities.The prosecutor in charge of the investigation into the “Ergenekon terrorist group,” which is supposed to have conspired to overthrow the government by illegal means, argued in a written statement on Sunday that the journalists arrested last week - who by the way include Nedim Şener, an internationally renowned and awarded investigative reporter from Milliyet - were taken in not for what they wrote, but for their illegal activities.He refused, however, to say what these illegal activities were, indicating instead that this was classified information. Those in the government-friendly media, who have clearly sold their sense of solidarity with their colleagues, as well as their professional commitment to the freedom of the press, down the river in an effort to propagandize for the ruling Justice and Development Party, or AKP, are trying now to stand behind the prosecutor and the government.But genuine journalists, who are more interested in carrying on with their jobs rather than being a spokesperson for this or that political or ideological group, are extremely doubtful about this claim of the prosecutor’s, given that even the president of the Republic is “concerned” about the latest developments. It appears from their strong reactions that international press organizations are also doubtful about the claims against the arrested journalists.If, however, the government wanted it could introduce bills that prevent the incarceration of journalists for what they write or for the information they gather in pursuing their jobs. Instead it prefers to watch the arrest of journalists it does not like, even if it says it is not directly behind these arrests.Neither does the AKP administration appear to be too concerned about the illegality of some of the methods of the prosecutor in going after journalists. It transpires now, for example, that Nedim Şener’s phone was tapped for nearly two years, and that his private conversations listened to. But this kind of phone tapping is illegal under Turkey’s current laws. Neither the prosecutor’s office, nor the minister for justice, nor for that matter Prime Minister Erdoğan himself appear too bothered about this fact.There is indeed something rotten in the state of Turkey and one just has to look at how press freedoms are being treated now to understand this. At this rate, let alone Turkey being a model for Egypt, or any other country for that matter, it is could very well be that Egypt will become a model for Turkey in terms of freedom of the press.Hmmmmm.......Or Turkey who takes Iran as a 'role model'?Read the full story here.
- £50 insult to Britain's war dead: Veteran's fury as poppy burner enjoying a life on benefits gets paltry fine and mocks soldiers.As a British citizen, Emdadur Choudhury enjoys benefits including a free council flat and almost £800 a month state handouts.Yesterday he laughed at justice as he was handed a paltry £50 fine for setting light to poppies on Remembrance Day and yelling ‘British soldiers burn in hell’.After hearing his penalty, which outraged war veterans, the 26-year-old father of two declared: ‘I don’t have any respect for British soldiers, and if they lose a limb or two in Afghanistan then they deserve it. You expect me to feel sorry for them? Of course I don’t.’ Choudhury, from Bethnal Green, East London, was found guilty of using threatening or abusive words or behaviour by District Judge Howard Riddle, following a one-day trial last month.The maximum fine possible was £1,000, plus legal costs, and Judge Riddle said he had no doubt Choudhury had set out to shock and offend. Yet he fined him only £50, plus a £15 victim surcharge. Although Choudhury sneered that he would have been fined more than £50 for a parking offence, he is refusing to pay. However the bill will be picked up by his ‘good friend’ Anjem Choudary, the notorious firebrand preacher.Asked if he would do it again, he replied laughing: ‘You’ll have to find out next time, won’t you? The only reason I even got a fine is cos it’s politically motivated. I would have got a bigger fine for a parking ticket than this.‘It’s my freedom of speech and I’m exercising that. I’m being persecuted for it. This fine, I will wear it as a badge on my shoulder. I did it for Allah. I did it to raise awareness that these so-called soldiers are the criminals. They are the ones who should be tried for war crimes.’Sinisterly he promised that he had ‘2,000 youths who will follow me and do whatever I tell them – you don’t want another Afghanistan here do you? We want Sharia law in this country, and Inshallah [God willing] we will get it’.Shaun Rusling, of the National Gulf War Veterans and Families Association, said: ‘I think the British people would be disgusted with the sentence handed out. Remembrance Day is very special for those in the Armed Forces, when we remember those who have lost their lives for freedom and fighting for their country.Hmmmm......"Brittain the country where parking offences are punished harsher then insulting their veterans"Defenders of England From Richard Lion heart to Sir Winston Churchull must be turning in their graves.Read the full story here.
- U.S. government unveils staggering $223bn deficit for February - the largest one-month shortfall in history.The federal government has revealed a whopping $223billion deficit for February – the largest monthly budget shortfall in U.S. history.The staggering one-month figure dwarfs even the most sweeping cuts being debated on Capitol Hill.And critics claimed it underlined just how out of control government spending has become in the aftermath of the recession.The monthly deficit tops last February’s record of $220.9billion and marks the 29th consecutive month the government has run in the red.It is also nearly four times as large as the spending cuts Republicans passed in the House of Representatives and more than 30 times the $6billion cuts suggested by Democrats in the Senate.If a budget deal isn’t agreed within the next two weeks, the White House and Congress will have to approve another short term measure or face the prospect of a partial government shutdown.'We are only seven months away from the end of this fiscal year, and we don't have a budget, which is kind of ridiculous,’ said the President’s new chief-of-staff William Daley.But he added: ‘I'm very optimistic that there will not be a shutdown,' insisting the two sides were already about halfway towards a deal.Hmmmm....How about this for a deal : Congress impeaches this walking,talking doomsday machine?Read the full story here.
- 'I thought I was going to die': Muslim documentary film maker 'racially abused and beaten' after wandering into house party.A film-maker shooting a documentary about the treatment of Arabs in the U.S. claims he was attacked and called racial epithets after he wandered uninvited into a house party, and police are treating the case as a hate crime after officers found him with a bloody face.Usama Alshaibi claimed he was repeatedly punched and kicked by four men after he arrived at the party in the early hours of Sunday in Fairfield, an Iowa city of about 9,500 residents where he moved with his wife last year. The 41-year-old, who was born in Baghdad but grew up in Iowa City, said the men called him an epithet used to refer to Arabs as well as 'Osama bin Laden' and assaulted him before he managed to escape.Alshaibi is producing a film called American Arab for Chicago-based Kartemquin Films about discrimination against Arabs in the U.S. and there had been some suspicions that the 'attack' was a publicity stunt.'This isn't how I would promote my film,' Alshaibi said. 'I thought I was going to die.'A Fairfield police report says a video store manager called police to report a man in his parking lot crying and screaming at 12:19am on Sunday. Police found Alshaibi bleeding from his forehead and nose, with some scratches on his hands as if he had fallen to the ground. Alshaibi said he went to the hospital later on Sunday, was treated and released.Fairfield Police Chief Julie Harvey said yesterday that officers believe Alshaibi's claims are credible because he was clearly assaulted, and they continue to search for the alleged assailants. She said Alshaibi has been unable to pinpoint the home where the assault allegedly occurred because he was intoxicated when he arrived and disoriented when he left.Hmmmm......Chicago......the homebase of Obama,and come to think of it are Muslims not forbidden to drink?Read the full 'story' here.More on Alshaibi here.Of course he also blogs.
- Scores dead in south Sudan clashes.Increasing violence comes as the south prepares to declare independence from the north in July.More than 50 people have been killed in two days of clashes between rebel groups and soldiers in south Sudan's Upper Nile state, an army spokesman said.Philip Aguer, spokesman for the Sudan People's Liberation Army (SPLA), said on Monday that militia forces loyal.to the rebel leader George Athor clashed with military forces, killing 56 people.Aguer did not specify which side the deaths were on.The fighting comes just four months before the region is due to become independent.The south is expected to secede on July 9 after southerners overwhelmingly voted to declare independence from the north in a January referendum – a vote promised in a 2005 peace accord that ended decades of civil war between north and south.But a wave of mass killings in recent weeks has raised fears for the stability of Sudan's oil-producing south and the contested Abyei border region.Aguer repeated accusations that Sudan's northern government was arming rebel groups to try and disrupt the region ahead of its split and keep control of its oil.He said the rebel group was linked to the area's Shilluk tribe based near the village of Owach."They have received new weapons. We suspect they all acted in co-ordination with Khartoum ... I think things are going to continue escalating," he said.However, Sudan's dominant National Congress Party (NCP) in the north denied having any involvement.Rabie Abdelati, an NCP party official, said on Monday: "If we really wanted to go back to war, we would not have signed the Comprehensive Peace Agreement (the 2005 accord) or accepted the referendum."We are hoping for a strong south after secession. If the south is not stable the north will not be stable."Hmmmm......."Islam the religion of Peace".Read the full story here.
- HT:WashingtonMonthly.How We Train Our Cops to Fear Islam.There aren’t nearly enough counterterrorism experts to instruct all of America’s police.So we got these guys instead.On a bright January morning in 2010, at Broward College in Davie, Florida, about sixty police officers and other frontline law enforcement officials gathered in a lecture hall for a course on combating terrorism in the Sunshine State. Some in plain clothes, others in uniform, they drifted in clutching Styrofoam cups of coffee, greeting acquaintances from previous statewide training sessions. The instructor, Sam Kharoba, an olive-skinned man wearing rimless glasses and an ill-fitting white dress shirt, stood apart at the front of the hall reviewing PowerPoint slides on his laptop. As he got under way, Kharoba described how, over the next three days, he would teach his audience the fundamentals of Islam. “We constantly hear statements,” Kharoba began, “that Islam is a religion of peace, and we constantly hear of jihadists who are trying to kill as many non-Muslims as they can.” Kharoba’s course would establish for his students that one of these narratives speaks to a deep truth about Islam, and the other is a calculated lie.Kharoba belongs to a growing profession, one that is ballooning on the spigot of federal and state dollars set aside for counterterrorism efforts since the attacks of September 11, 2001. He is a counterterrorism instructor to America’s beat cops, one of several hundred working the law enforcement training circuit. Some are employed by large security contractors; others, like Kharoba, are independent operators.Kharoba was born in Jordan, and he likes to intimate that members of his family are important tribal leaders. This lends a veneer of insider credibility to classroom remarks that might otherwise seem like off-color jokes. He showed the class some photographs taken in the Gaza Strip. “This is the Arab version of a line,” Kharoba told the students, gesturing to a photo of Palestinians rushing toward a passport agency. Then he showed a YouTube video of two uniformed men beating a nameless prisoner. “This is what Miranda rights are in the Arab world,” he said.“When you have a Muslim that wears a headband, regardless of color or insignia, basically what that is telling you is ‘I am willing to be a martyr.’” There were other signs, too. “From the perspective of operational security, there are two things I am always looking out for: a shaved body and moving lips,” he explained. “Some of the Pakistani hijackers shaved their whole bodies in a ritual of cleanliness. If their lips are moving, these guys are praying. As they are walking through an airport, every second they’re going to be praying.” America today is too politically correct to acknowledge the reality of Islamic fanaticism, Kharoba said. “Would Islam be tolerated if everyone knew its true message?” he asked the class. “From a Muslim perspective, do you want non-Muslims to know the truth about Islam?” “No!” came the audience reply. “So what do Muslims do?” Kharoba demanded. “Lie!” Kharoba strode forward to the front of the room, his voice slower now, more measured. “Islam is a highly violent radical religion that mandates that all of the earth must be Muslim.”Hmmmmm......."There can only be one".Read the full story here.
- Tarek Fatah: Some death threats don’t count.Has radical Islam covered up Canada's lady justice's ears as well?I had just woken from surgery when the first death threat arrived.“This is an open threat to Xaar Boy @Tarek Fatah,” read the first Twitter posting, with its vulgar Somali adjective. “I know where you live & and where your office is.”The sender signed herself as Mariama AnnaLitical and pictured herself wearing a purple hijab in the style of Toronto’s radical young Islamists. Other Twitter followers denounced the threat and urged that AnnaLitical be reported, even arrested. At one point she withdrew the warning, then repeated it later the same morning.“He was also the 1 to propose banning the Niqab in Quebec… (and he) supports homosexuality,” she wrote, reiterating again: “This is an open threat. I know where you live/work @TarekFatah.”Her fellow Islamists joined in, calling me a bad Muslim for opposing the hijab and supporting equality for gays. Other posters said I had brought the threats down onto myself.I contacted Toronto police. Within hours, two uniformed policemen from 51 Division came to interview me in hospital. However, barely one minute later, we were interrupted. Two men entered the room and told everybody else to leave. They did not identify themselves, but five minutes into what amounted to a two-hour interrogation, I realized they were police intelligence officers. One of them, I recognized by reputation – a Muslim officer who had shut down a previous investigation into a death threat against me in 2008, and another one against a partner in liberal Islam, Tahir Gora.I have since informed Toronto Police Services chair Alok Mukherjee and Police Chief Bill Blair. Mukerjee assured me he will look into the matter. Chief Blair has not replied.The Toronto police, in their wish to promote an image of diversity and outreach, have dedicated themselves to serving and protecting the the radical Islamist elements within our city. Meanwhile, Muslims like myself, who do their best to promote the equality and respect that the police claim to cherish, are left without legal protection when radicals explicitly and publicly threaten us with violence. In Toronto, anybody can issue an “open threat” against a man laying helpless in a hospital bed and be assured they will not face charges, so long as the person making the threat is a black Muslim woman wearing a hijab.I’m hopeful that the police may yet make the right decision, now that I have gone public with this disgrace. If not, I will know the city I love is lost.Hmmm.....I think PM Harper has a lot of work ahead if he wants to preserve Canada the way it was.Read the full story here.
- HT:WestToTheWestWing.Churches into mosques, American style.At least two Protestant churches have recently opened their facilities to Muslim groups whose own buildings are either too small or under construction. From Fox News:Heartsong Church in Cordova, Tenn., let members of the Memphis Islamic Center hold Ramadan prayers there last September. And Aldersgate United Methodist Church in Alexandria, Va., allows the Islamic Circle of North America to hold regular Friday prayers in their building while their new mosque is being built.Diane Bechtol of Aldersgate says this is something Christians are called to do: Be neighborly and develop relationships – even [with] those who don’t share your beliefs.“I think it’s a tenet of our Christian faith, and that is that we extend hospitality to the stranger,” said Bechtol.This is so problematic on so many levels, it’s hard to even know where to begin.But leaving that consideration aside, ponder these very practical questions posed on the Epistoli blog:
1. Would Muslims allow Christians to hold services in their mosques? I doubt it. I couldn’t even get into the Mosque on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem last year, [because] I wasn’t a Muslim.
2. Why are Muslims around the world destroying Christian churches?
3. Would Democrats allow Republicans to use their campaign offices in the off-shifts during an election campaign?
4. Didn’t Jesus throw money-changers out of the temple? And they were only money-changers, not an organization that wants to conquer the world for its own religion and is prepared to destroy those that remain unbelievers.
Then, there’s the problem of who these particular Muslims are affiliated with, and what their agenda is.Mohamed Elsanousi, who, according to the Fox story, advocates Christian churches sharing their worship spaces with Muslims, is the National Community Outreach Director of none other than the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA). You may recognize the ISNA as being one of the villains in the Holy Land Foundation Hamas-funding trial. According to the landmark report Shariah: The Threat to America, in the course of that trial,thanks to evidence of financial transactions between ISNA and Hamas that the government introduced, along with scores of MB [Muslim Brotherhood] documents, it became clear that the Islamic Society of North America directly supports Hamas and its operations. [emphasis added]Hmmmm....."I am the Lord your God, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; Do not have any other gods before me."Read the full story here.
- HT:TheDailyCaller.House Oversight Committee likely to investigate White House for treating non-union employees worse than unionized after GM bailout.Republican Reps. Mike Turner of Ohio and Dan Burton of Indiana are asking House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, California Republican, to dig into the Obama administration’s decision to cut more than 20,000 private-sector workers’ pensions and eliminate their health and life insurance plans during the General Motors (GM) bailout in 2009.A spokesman for Issa’s committee told The Daily Caller the committee “remains interested” and is “looking forward” to findings from an ongoing Government Accountability Office investigation, which is expected to come out within the next couple of months. What Turner and Burton are saying happened during the GM bailout is that Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner decided to cut pensions for salaried non-union employees at Delphi, a GM spinoff, to expedite GM’s emergence from bankruptcy. The problem with that, according to the congressmen, is that Geithner decided to fully fund the pensions of union workers involved in the process – including workers associated with United Auto Workers, Steelworkers and the IUE-CWA.“This is a terrible injustice. This is a political decision, not a legal or financial decision,” Turner said in a phone interview with TheDC. “There were people who were penalized and people were chosen as winners and losers. The White House, the administration and the Auto Task Force (ATF) decided who were going to receive their pensions and who were not.”Bruce Gump, one of the workers who lost most of his pension and his health and life insurance plans, said what really disappoints him is how Geithner justified his decision. “Mr. Geithner justified that by saying in the press that there was no commercial necessity to do anything for those people,” Gump told TheDC. “So, to him, we were just ‘those people’ and he thought that commercial necessity was a justification to out certain groups.”Turner said he wants to know “what conference room in the administration were people sitting around the table deciding who was going to win and lose,” and expects to get another opportunity to question Geithner in a formal setting on how and why he made those decisions. Turner said he’s asked Geithner about it before in previous hearings, but was never able to get an answer out of him.Hmmmm.....A question of protecting your 'troops'?Read the full story here.
- US Jews oppose circumcision ban. Jewish groups up in arms over an attempt to outlaw male circumcision in San Francisco by putting issue to a popular vote. 'It's a painful and irreversible surgery,' says self-described 'intactivist'.Jewish groups and others are up in arms over an attempt to outlaw male circumcision in San Francisco by putting the issue to a popular vote. Self-described "intactivist" Lloyd Schofield has been collecting signatures for a voter initiative that would criminalize infant circumcision in the Californian city.After two months of collecting names, he claims to be more than half way toward getting the 7,168 signatures he needs by late April to put the matter on the November ballot.Schofield and a growing community of anti-circumcision activists say that infants should not be forced to participate in what is essentially culturally accepted genital mutilation.They claim that the procedure can cause health risks and diminished sexual function and compare it to the clitoridectomies performed on girls in parts of Africa."This is a human rights issue," he said. "What you're doing is you're taking an infant and removing the most sensitive part of their body."Jewish organizations have pledged to fight the measure should it be placed on the ballot. Anti-Defamation League director Daniel Sandman called Schofield's effort discriminatory and misguided."This is hurtful and offensive to people in the community who consider this a coveted ritual," he said.If the ban is approved, those caught cutting the foreskins of infants and other minors would face up to a year in jail and up to $1,000 in fines.The ban would certainly face legal challenges, and could be found in violation of the First Amendment right to Freedom of Religion.San Francisco resident Mark Reiss, who grew up in an Orthodox Jewish home, is among a vocal community of circumcised men who say they struggle with the emotional and physical effects of circumcision.He runs a website that lists rabbis nationwide who will preside over a naming ritual similar to the one performed at Jewish circumcisions but with no cutting.Hmmmm......sounds to me that 'Herr' Mark Reiss should study the Torah a bit more or else he has serious memory problems?Read the full story here.
- HT:AhmadiyyaTimes.Indonesia: Human rights Watch Group to File Report on Ahmadi Killing to UN.HRWG to File Report on Ahmadi Killing to UN -"The meeting is scheduled to take place on 10th of March 2011"VIVAnews - Human Rights Working Group (HRWG) will be filing report on the brutal attacks against Ahmadi members in Cikeusik, Banten, to the UN Human Rights Council in no time."The Cikeusik case is a caution of dire problems which pose threat over freedom of religion and belief," said Executive Deputy Director of HRWG, Choirul Anam, today in Jakarta.HRWG also plans of filling in accounts on any acts of violence committed against Indonesia's Ahmadiyya since 2005. "Ahmadiyya suffer from more systematic acts of violence. If no efforts of prevention are made, we fear that more serious threats will be posed in the days to come," said Choirul Anam.Written reports and oral presentations will be brought before a session with special UN rapporteur on freedom of religion and belief. "The meeting is scheduled to take place on 10th of March 2011," he said.Granted that the report is ready, HRWG expects the International community will urge the Indonesian government to assure for protections over Ahmadi members.The Cikeusik attack was ignited on February 6, 2011, by hundreds of angry crowd toward a group of Ahmadis who were at that time gathering in the home of an Ahmadi cleric, Suparman. Three men were slaughtered during the assault and seven others were severely injured.Police have named 16 suspects from the case, one of which is a member of Ahmadi.Hmmmm......There can only be one?Read the full story here.
- HT:TranslatingJihad.Exclusive: Transcript of Qaradawi's Speech in Cairo.Here.
- HT:TranslatingJihad.Fatwa: "It Is Permissible to Have Sexual Intercourse with Prepubescent Girls"Here.