Monday, March 7, 2011
Saudi Islamic Scholar Muhammad Musa Al-Sharif: The Day Is Coming When Islam Will Rule the World Again .
These events are paving the way for a greater thing to come. They are paving the way for a great Islam that is coming with force, because the world is in need of leadership. The current leadership – Communism, capitalism, and so on – has gone bankrupt. Only Islam is left to lead the world.Islamic leadership is coming whether people like it or not. What has happened to "We don't want to take over your country"?Off course then there's the 'genius' Obama his statement : "Israel may benefit from Arab uprisings".
- The volatile Lybian situation live streams here.
Live Blog Libya - Al Jazeera. here.
- Israel - Travel Agents: No Visas to Egypt.Israeli travel agents said Sunday that Egypt has stopped issuing visas for Israelis to visit the country. Yossi Patael, head of the Israeli Travel Agents Association, said that while no specific ban has been implemented, the Egyptian embassy in Tel Aviv has not issued a new visa for visitors in several weeks. Those who seek a visa are generally told to call back in a week, as the situation in the country does not allow for the issuing of visas at this time.Visas for visitors to Sinai, on the other hand, are being issued without delay, said a spokesperson for the Foreign Ministry. The spokesperson said that the Egyptian government had indeed halted the issuing of visas for Israelis during the period of protests because of security concerns, and Cairo has indicated that the issuing of visas will begin again in the coming weeks.Hmmmm........Genius Obama says "Israel may benefit from Arab uprisings".Yeah seems pretty obvious!Read the full story here.
- Egypt's new FM accused Israel of genocide.Before being appointed as judge at the International Court of Justice, Nabil Elaraby urged Arab states to sue Israel for committing atrocities.Nabil Elaraby, a former judge in the International Court of Justice, accepted the post of Egypt's foreign minister on Sunday, the Egyptian state news agency reported. Elaraby, who was also the permanent representative to the United Nations and has been serving as the director of the Regional Cairo Center for International Commercial Arbitration, replaces Ahmed Aboul Gheit who was minister since 2004.During his tenure at the International Court of Justice at The Hague, Elaraby was a member of the panel that issued the advisory opinion on the construction of Israel's security barrier.During an August 2001 interview with an Egyptian newspaper, Elaraby was quoted as saying, "I personally support an Arab Muslim claim against Israeli crimes." Two months later he was appointed as a judge at the ICJ.Elaraby's new appointment is part of the sweeping changes Egypt has been undergoing since the disposal of President Hosni Mubarak. Hmmmmm......"Genius" of the American politics Obama "Israel may benefit from Arab uprisings".Anyone has an idea why he would make such a ludicrous statement?Read the full story here.
- White House works to allay Muslims’ fears on terror hearings.Sterling, Virginia, USA: As a Republican congressman prepares to open hearings on the threat of home-grown Islamic terrorism, President Obama’s deputy national security adviser visited a mosque here on Sunday to reassure Muslims that “we will not stigmatize or demonize entire communities because of the actions of a few.”“In the United States of America, we don’t practice guilt by association,” Mr. McDonough told an interfaith but mostly Muslim audience of about 200 here at the All Dulles Area Muslim Society, known as the Adams Centre. “And let’s remember that just as violence and extremism are not unique to any one faith, the responsibility to oppose ignorance and violence rests with us all.”In Washington, Mr. King, who represents parts of Long Island, faced off on CNN with Representative Keith Ellison, a Minnesota Democrat and the only Muslim in Congress. Mr. Ellison said he would testify at Mr. King’s hearing on Thursday despite his deep conviction that it was wrong for Congress to investigate a particular religious minority.In New York, 500 people demonstrated near Times Square to protest the hearings and to call on Mr. King to expand his witness list to include other groups.Republicans have accused the Obama administration of ignoring the Islamic nature of terrorism by preferring terms like "violent extremism," a term that Mr. McDonough used frequently in Sunday's speech."We have a choice," Mr. McDonough said. "We can choose to send a message to certain Americans that they are somehow 'less American' because of their faith or how they look.""If we make that choice," he added, "we risk feeding the very feelings of disenchantment that may push some members of that community to violent extremism."Mr. Obama has said from the outset of his presidency that he wants to reach out to Muslims; during a major speech in Cairo in June 2009, he called for a "new beginning" with the Muslim world. But the decision to weigh in at this moment -- days before Mr. King's hearings -- is a tricky one for a president. Many Americans erroneously believe that Mr. Obama is Muslim (he is Christian), and he seems to generate controversy whenever he dips into such waters, as with the Manhattan mosque last year.Hmmmm......"I will stand with my muslim brothers"?I still would like to see the Baptism registration !Read the full story here.More here .
- HT:NewZeal.Must Read: Arab Communists Meet - Plan Major Changes for Middle East.Representatives of several Arab communist parties met in Beirut on the 18th and 19th of February in an Arab Left Forum meeting organized by the Lebanese Communist Party.The urgent meeting was called to coordinate communist response to the wave of revolutions sweeping much of the Arab World. If successfully implemented, the decisions laid out at this meeting, will affect not just the Middle East, but the entire planet.Change is coming alright - the kind of change that came to Russia in 1917, China in 1949, Cuba in 1959, Iran in 1979 and Venezuela in 1999.As the Arab Left Forum statement admits ""these revolutions were an inevitable conclusion to the accumulation of years of struggle beginning from the late seventies of the last century... "These are not spontaneous revolutions - they are the culmination of years, even decades of patient subversion.In a few years, maybe even less, most of North Africa and the Middle East (including Saudi Arabia and Iraq) will, on current patterns, be controlled by Arab communists and their Muslim Brotherhood minions, working hand in glove with Russia, China, Cuba, Iran and Venezuela against Israel and the U.S.If this allowed to play out, $10 or $20 a gallon gas won't be the big issue. National survival will be.Hmmmm.....I wonder what Obama would say of this..perhaps "Cheap gas is coming"?Read the full story here.
- Iran, Syria in hot seat at UN atomic watchdog meet.Iran and Syria found themselves in the spotlight Monday as the UN nuclear watchdog convened for its traditional week-long spring meeting.The International Atomic Energy Agengy's 35-member board of governors was set to discuss two new reports showing little or no progress in the watchdog's long-running investigations into Iran's controversial atomic programme and allegations of illicit nuclear activity on the part of Syria.IAEA director general Yukiya Amano was scheduled to give the opening address to the closed-door session.Just 10 days ago, Amano circulated to the agency's member states updated reports which said that inspectors had received "new information" about possible military dimensions to Tehran's programme, but made scant progress in their probe against Damascus.In the run-up to this week's meeting, diplomats had suggested that some member states might seek to table resolutions against both Iran and Syria, as a way of turning up the pressure on the two governments.But with world attention currently focussed on unrest in the Arab world, and western countries undecided about how much pressure to apply, diplomats said any possible action against Tehran and Syria would now probably be set back until the next board meeting in June.The IAEA has been investigating Iran's nuclear programme for eight years now, but has so far been unable to establish whether it is entirely peaceful as Iran claims or masks a covert drive to build a bomb as western powers believe.Iran is continuing to defy UN orders to halt uranium enrichment, the most controversial part of its nuclear drive, because enriched uranium can be used not only to make nuclear fuel, but also the fissile material for a bomb.In fact, the IAEA said Iran's stockpile of low-enriched uranium in the main branch of its Natanz uranium enrichment plant had now reached 3,606 kilogrammes (7,933 pounds).Among the many unresolved issues about Iran's atomic drive are allegations that Iran was involved in weaponisation studies -- work which included uranium conversion, high explosives testing and the adaptation of a ballistic missile cone to carry a nuclear warhead -- at least until 2003.Hmmm.....Perhaps time for another party or a few more rounds of golf,before bashing Israel?Read the full story here.
- 'It's going to take more than new rhetoric... it's going to take a new President': Mitt Romney attacks 'one-term' Obama.Former Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney has slammed Barack Obama dismissing him as a 'one-term president'.Speaking at a convention, in New Hampshire on Saturday, Romney took the U.S President to task over his controversial health care law, soaring unemployment and the economy. 'Obamacare is bad law, bad policy, and it is bad for America's families,' Romney declared. 'And that's the reason why President Obama will be a one-term president.'Even though Romney signed a health care law very similar to the President's during his tenure as governor of Massachusetts, he yesterday vowed to repeal any 'Obamacare' law it if he were ever in a position to do so, drawing hearty cheers from his Republican Party audience.The sliding economy was next on Romney's hit list.'He (Obama) created a deeper recession, and delayed the recovery,' he said as he previewed his campaign message in the influential early nominating state.'The consequence is soaring numbers of Americans enduring unemployment, foreclosures and bankruptcies. This is the Obama Misery Index, and it is at a record high.Hmmmm.......Sounds like a 'Obamination"?Read the full story here.
- HT:Doc'sTalk.Obama's behavior towards Israel is totally unacceptable and he has now crossed the RED LINE!In a patronizing tone and foolish in content the President implied that Israel bears the primary responsibility for advancing the peace process, totally ignoring the past 92 years history in which the Arabs rejected NINE (9) time Israel's offers to have a state living side-by-side with Israel: 'Portraits of the Peace Process in Its 92nd Year' (http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2011/01/20/portraits-of-the-peace-process-in-its-92nd-year/). Reason being, the Arabs do not want a state; they want Israel off the map and they are not bashful to flaunt that map.The president's comments about Israel are forever growing more hostile, naive and sadly rather unsurprising.Obama wants to divide Jerusalem and hand "East" Jerusalem to the PalArabs aka "Palestinians," ignoring the fact that NO part of Jerusalem has EVER, in the history of the world, been the capital of ANY Arab/Muslim/Palestinian state/entity. Despite this major historical fact, Obama is willfully ignoring it and the fact that today, there are 250,000 Jews lawfully living in "East" Jerusalem.Propagating to handing "East" Jerusalem to the PalArabs does nothing but appease Arab irredentism and rewards Islamic terror. This is a grave USA foreign policy error.Obama is ignoring all that the Arabs are publically constantly stating and threatening regarding Israel. He is ignoring the fact that Mahmoud Abbas has sworn that there will be NO JEWS living in their envisioned "Palestine," thus, Obama appears to be a protagonist of ethnic cleaning. Yet, Obama is expecting that Arabs will be living in the Jewish State of Israel?!We need to admit that Obama is obsessed with the State of Israel for all the wrong reasons. His policy has done nothing towards peace, rather has made any possible agreement between the PalArabs and Israel far less unachievable. Worse, Obama has made both parties totally distrust the USA claim or be a fair "mediator."Obama is egregious and conspicuously offensive towards Israel, more so he egregiously violating Israel's sovereignty. Obama uses Israel as his punching bag because it is the only country in the world that allows him to punch it, insult it, disrespect it, whitewash its history and lie about the facts of the "peace" negotiations. It is clear that Obama will sleep well at night if there is no more Israel.The question is why the Israeli government and Jewish leaders allow Obama to go on attacking and humiliating the Jewish State of Israel?I demand that Obama's endless diplomatic squall towards Israel is brought to an end at once, as it harms the state of Israel and the 5Million Jews living there only.I call for Israel to apply diplomatic offense and get the Obama Administration noose off its neck!Nurit Greenger.Hmmmm......Finally a real man, i salute you Sir!Read the full story here.
- Middle East Forum in Los Angeles.With events in the Middle East unfolding at an incredibly rapid rate, people are left with more questions than answers, and the answers they have do not seem credible or profound. The main stream media report on site but with no depth or true understanding of the events they cover. This past Sunday the Islamic Center of Southern California (ICSC) in Los Angeles hosted a forum presented by the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC). The forum was titled: “The New Middle East: Tunisia, Egypt, Libya and Beyond”. The event was standing room only.Featured as speakers in the forum were: Dr. Maher Hathout, Sarah Eltantawi, Dr. Mark Levine, and Nayereh Tohidi.Dr. Hathout is a familiar and revered figure among Muslims and non Muslims alike. A prolific writer, he is a sought after speaker, often at interfaith events. He is also a celebrated author. Dr. Hathout is one of the founders of the ICSC and is the Senior Political Advisor to MPAC.Sarah Eltantawi is a PhD candidate in the study of Islam at Harvard University. She is a frequent visitor to the Middle East and spent a year in university there.Mark Levine is a professor of history at the University of California in Irvine. Dr. Levine speaks seven languages and is also a frequent visitor to the Middle East. He recently returned from Egypt where he was present in Tahir Square.Nayereh Tohidi is a professor in the Gender and Women’s Studies Department at California State University Northridge.Jihad Turk, the Director of Religious Affairs at the ICSC, was the moderator."All agreed that it was time for President Obama to support these revolutions, not just in empty platitudes about change and freedom. All agreed that it was time for a new foreign policy that took into account the new realities in the Muslim world."Hmmmmm.......Obama "We need a new Middle East Foreign Policy!"....Coincidence?Read the full story here.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.While the World is preoccupied with revolutions, Iran pursues nuclear weapons. The revolutions in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya and other countries that have preoccupied the 'international community' have been a dream come true for Iran. If the world often doesn't pay sufficient attention to Iran, right now it is downright being ignored.The Danish paper Politiken is reporting, based on Norwegian intelligence, that the Islamic Republic of Iran has on several occasions tried to purchase materials in Norway that could be used in the production of weapons of mass destruction. Sometimes these reports turn out to be true; sometimes they turn out to be false. The Norwegians, however, have not historically been prone to exaggeration on these issues. The Danish report links to the Norwegian security-service report.The Obama administration has little interest in revelations of Iranian cheating; they could undermine its push for diplomacy. Sometimes, though, reality gets in the way of policy. It’s ironic that, after years of bashing Bush for doing so, it is Obama who now turns a deaf ear to the Europeans.Hmmmm.....Has this "Administration" done anything right since it started?Read the full story here.More here .
- HT:AhmadiyyaTimes.Indonesia: On road to Talibanization | Indonesia watches people power of worst kind.Elizabeth Jackson : Indonesia has been confronting a rising tide of religious intolerance.Local governments in the Muslim majority nation are banning an Islamic sect and Islamic hardliners want the national government to make the ban country-wide.While their fellow Muslims struggle to overcome the dictators of the Middle East, Indonesians have learned that people power isn't always a good thing, as our Indonesia correspondent, Matt Brown, reports.Matt Brown : More than a decade after Indonesians forced their own despot, Suharto, from power they're watching the push for freedom in the Middle East intensely.(Crowds chant "Allah hu Akbar!")Amidst the convulsions in the Tunisia, Egypt and Libya, some have pointed to Muslim majority Indonesia as a place where would be reformers could learn a valuable lesson.But these days the cries from the streets of Jakarta have taken on a different tone."If God wants us to die defending Islam," this speaker says, "We will be there in the front line to defend our religion, agreed?""We agree! We agree!" the crowd replies.These are hardline Muslims who want Indonesia's president to ban an Islamic sect called Ahmadiyah. Ahmadis are accused of heresy because they believe an Indian preacher from the late 1800's was a Muslim prophet, which would mean that Mohammad didn't deliver the final word.The hardliners claim that's such a blasphemy they're willing to die to oppose it.These aren't people you'd typically call terrorists but they're vocal and active and willing to kill others in self righteous certainty.Here the government decides what is and isn't allowed, defining just six official religions: Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Protestantism, Catholicism and Confucianism. Officially, the Jews aren't welcome. In addition, Christian proselytisers are bashed and churches burned with near impunity.Hmmmm.....Obama "Indonesia is an example of religious tolerance".By the way Ahmadiyya only believe in a peacefull Jihad unlike the other Muslims what an irony.Read the full story here.
- Turkey says won’t sacrifice Cyprus for EU membership.A Turkish deputy prime minister said at a workshop on Saturday that Turkey will not sacrifice Turkish Cypriots rights and interests for an institution like the EU, whose future is shrouded in doubt. Cemil Çiçek, who is also the state minister for Cyprus affairs, told participants at the workshop called “Turkish Cyprus in 2011 -- Opportunities and Threats” in Ankara that the Cyprus problem is bigger than party affiliations and is a national matter for all governments in Turkey.“If you place Turkish Cyprus on one side of a scale and EU membership on the other, Turkey would prefer Turkish Cyprus a thousand times,” Çiçek stressed, adding that the EU cannot be a political force without Turkey and that Turkey would not sacrifice Turkish Cypriot’s rights and interests for the EU, whose future is shrouded in doubt.Hmmmmm.....If the 'future' of the EU is in doubt,them why all the crying to get in?Keep Turkey out of the European Union!Read the full story here.
- HT:TheAstuteBlogger.FLASHPOINT WARNING: Israel to repair the earthen ramp near the Mughrabi Gate at the Temple Mount.Israel has given preliminary approval for renovations at a contested holy site in East Jerusalem where rebuilding has triggered violence in the past, a city official said Sunday. Municipal planners last week approved the project to repair an earthen ramp near the Mughrabi Gate connecting the Wailing Wall remnant of an ancient Jewish temple to a complex revered by Muslims and Jews, both of whom claim the area as their own. Meir Margalit, a city councilor, said city hall would likely give final approval this month to the planned reinforcement of the ramp damaged by a snowstorm and an earthquake in 2004. "I was surprised to see this issue has passed quietly," Margalit said, maintaining that Palestinians and Muslim clerics had put up no objections, though Israel had been forced to halt the work in 2007 after Palestinian protests at the time.Hmmmm........Countdown to full explosion is on.Read the full story here.
- Number of healthcare reform law waivers climbs above 1,000.The number of temporary healthcare reform waivers granted by the Obama administration to organizations climbed to more than 1,000, according to new numbers disclosed by the Department of Health and Human Services.HHS posted 126 new waivers on Friday, bringing the total to 1,040 organizations that have been granted a one-year exemption from a new coverage requirement included in the healthcare reform law enacted almost a year ago. Waivers have become a hot-button issue for Republicans, eager to expose any vulnerabilities in the reform law.Republican lawmakers have seized on the waivers as proof that the law they want to see repealed is flawed, and they have accused the administration of giving them waivers as gifts to union allies. The administration has rejected both claims as Republicans on the House Energy and Commerce Committee have asked HHS for in-depth details about every waiver decision and request.Hmmmm......Lets start calling it the "WaiverCare"?Come to think of it do waiver receivers pledge something to dear leader?Read the full story here.
- HT:WomenAgainstSharia.Angry Muslim Reactions To Gay Imam.He’s a threat to Islam. He must die. But also: Bravo, what courage! Radio Netherlands Worldwide has received many responses to the portrait of Mushin Hendricks, the gay imam from South Africa. Hendricks doesn’t feel under pressure from death threats, and insists "I’ll keep on asking questions.”by Klaas den Tek and Mirjam Aly Mostly from the Arab world, but also from Indonesia, came reactions to the article about Imam Hendricks. Reinhard Luhulima from Indonesia writes: "Hendricks’ utterances reflect his own beliefs. If each person expresses his own beliefs about the teaching of God, this can lead to chaos in the world. Hendricks should be hung for his beliefs, which are misplaced." And this is on our Arabic site: "What I know is that there is no place for homosexuality in Islam. Whoever claims that is a jihadist. Could this be a jihadist imam? "But even in the Netherlands there is still little sympathy for the story of this imam who maintains that there is indeed room in Islam for homosexuality. When Hendricks recently gave a lecture in the Netherlands, only two of the 50 invitees showed up. "I feel that the Muslim community in the Netherlands is not yet ready to openly discuss sexuality, let alone homosexuality. I don’t think an imam is willing to take a position about it. They avoid the subject.”The article on the gay imam was used by RNW partner stations and many other websites. 1,200 readers responded on one South African forum and 400 Senegalese gave their opinion on the news site seneweb.com. Everywhere the story led to confrontations between supporters and opponents.Hendricks sees himself as a practicing Muslim who wants to discuss the subject within the Muslim community. He has spent many years in Pakistan studying Islam. He is no longer afraid of death threats:"The Qur'an calls on Muslims to ask questions. And I’m making use of that right. I don’t think that Allah, who has given me that right, will punish me at the same time because I’m making use of it. Some Muslims react too emotionally to the subject. Many innocent people are dying because of the misconception that Islam is against homosexuality."Hmmmm....."Into the valley of death they rode,Theirs not to make reply,Theirs not to reason why,Theirs but to do and die."Read the full story here.
- Babies who are born at 23 weeks should be left to die, says NHS chief.Babies born after just 23 weeks of pregnancy or earlier should be left to die, a leading NHS official has said.Dr Daphne Austin said that despite millions being spent on specialised treatments, very few of these children survive as their tiny bodies are too underdeveloped.She claimed keeping them alive is only ‘prolonging their agony’, and it would be better to invest the money in care for cancer sufferers or the disabled.A Church of England spokesman said: ‘It is difficult for parents and doctors to watch a premature baby in distress and not think they must “do something”, so there is often a temptation to try each technological intervention no matter what. So it is perfectly proper for the Church to insist on the best care for every patient in all reasonable circumstances.Hmmmm.......Job 1:21 "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away"in the end it's God who decides.Read the full story here.
- Eurocrats allowed boob jobs, health spas and Viagra - under £3m scheme paid for by the TAXPAYER.Nearly £3 million of taxpayers’ money will be spent this year by MEPs on health care, including cosmetic surgery, and on drugs such as Viagra.Leaked documents have revealed that the European Parliament's 736 members and their families can claim for breast surgery, anti-ageing products and slimming treatments from a private health scheme.Taxpayers are also expected to fund at least two-thirds of the cost of trips to health spas under the lax medical expenses regime. In some cases MEPs can claim back the entire costs of treatment.The details were revealed in a leaked copy of the Practical Guide to the Reimbursement of Medical Expenses.‘Most families are tightening their belts, and many people are concerned for their financial futures. But the allowances in Brussels keep going up and up. It’s yet more taxpayers’ money you don’t hear about. ‘The system in Europe remains ripe for abuse and that needs to go.Hmmmm....Would this be covered under the Obama care?Read the full story here.
- UK : Video - Jihadis Chant Islamic War Cry Against Anti Sharia Demonstrators.The EDL Rochdale demo that took place to demand action against pimping and prostitution rackets took place on 5 March. Meanwhile, a counter protest took place at the other side of the town’s war memorial.It would appear that the counter demonstration against England remaining free of sharia norms was secretly filmed. The footage quite clearly shows Islamic youths chanting Allahu akbar which observant viewers of the television news will also have seen in footage of Islamist insurgents in Afghanistan, Chechnya, Iraq, and other trouble spots cursed by the presence of Islamist ideology.Instead of allaying people’s fears by saying the Islamic ‘prophet’ Mohammed is not a perfect role model, whose example is applicable for all time, they chose to follow Mohammed’s example of shrieking war cries against those who do not want sharia norms to take root. This may of course be revealing about general Islamist attitudes but surely was yet another opportunity missed!Read and see the full story here.
- HT:TheAstuteBlogger.French poll shocker : Marine Le pen and the NLF leads all potential candidates for President of France!An opinion poll suggesting far-right leader Marine Le Pen could win the first round of next year's presidential election has caused a shock in France.The survey for Le Parisien newspaper puts the National Front leader, who took over from her father Jean-Marie in January, ahead of all other candidates.It gives her 23% of the vote, 2% ahead of both President Nicolas Sarkozy and Socialist leader Martine Aubry.While she promotes her father's anti-immigrant, anti-Europe stance, Miss Le Pen claims to want to "de-diabolise" the party, removing unsavoury oddballs from its fringes and supporting gay rights, abortion and divorce to reach a wider electorate. With her softer, modern discourse, Ms Le Pen is enjoying a political windfall because the hobbyhorses of the National Front (FN) - Muslims, immigrant-related crime and globalisation - have gone mainstream. "Time has proved us right in a quite spectacular fashion," said Ms Le Pen. "Our old themes, opposition to the euro, the EU, immigration, have taken on a different light. People are saying that this party that was stigmatised was right." With a touch of the apocalypse beloved of her father she added: "This touches the future of European civilisation."Polls support her view. Forty-two per cent of French people say that they see Islam as an internal threat. The Sarkozy team was shocked yesterday (Thursday) by a survey showing that 22 per cent of his own voters support the Front's ideas, a 12 per cent leap over a year.In her silk blouse, jeans and boots, Ms Le Pen laughs at the way the "Marine effect" has worried the Sarkozy team.The President will not get away again with "hijacking" FN votes as he did in the 2007 election, she said."His word is completely discredited. He has been in power for three years and he has done the opposite of his pledges - to control immigration, curb crime and create a moral republic. He failed and there has never been so much crime and corruption."Hmmm......"Fight 'fire with 'fire"?Read the full story here.
- Mena bourses lost $140bn in Q1.Foreign investors were net sellers on Arab stock markets.Stock markets in Middle East and North Africa have lost $140 billion in market capitalisation during the past five weeks as political unrest sweeping through the region left investors nervous, a report said.The market capitalisation of 16 Arab bourses was valued at $862 billion on March 4, compared with $1.002 billion on January 25, a day prior to the political crisis in Egypt that triggered unrest across the Middle East, said the report from the Arab Monetary Fund (AMF) on Sunday.Arab stock markets gained about 9 per cent in 2010 with their market capitalisation touching $983.8b, the report from the Abu Dhabi-based fund said.Foreign investors have been net sellers in the Arab stock markets in the first-quarter this year as most shied away in the last few weeks due to the regional turmoil, the report added.Hmmmm......heh....Real "Change" you can see, Obama style.Read the full story here.
- Saudi paper bans two female writers.A mass circulation Arabic language newspaper in Saudi Arabia stopped two well-known female journalists from writing although their articles are widely read in the conservative Gulf Kingdom, local newspapers said on Monday.Alwatan, one of the largest newspapers in Saudi Arabia, told Amal Zahid and Amira Kashgari it would no longer publish their articles several years after they began writing in the daily, the newspapers said.“Alwatan stopped its well-known female journalists from writing without giving any reasons for its decision,” the online Kolwatan Arabic language daily said.“The move followed growing attacks through the internet against Saudi female journalists as some consider this against Islam and local traditions.”Hmmmm......"Change"?Read the full story here.
- Scientist Imam threatened over Darwinist views.A prominent British imam has been forced to retract his claims that Islam is compatible with Darwin's theory of evolution after receiving death threats from fundamentalists.Dr Usama Hasan, a physics lecturer at Middlesex University and a fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society, was intending yesterday to return to Masjid al-Tawhid, a mosque in Leyton, East London, for the first time since he delivered a lecture there entitled "Islam and the theory of evolution".But according to his sister, police advised him not to attend after becoming concerned for his safety. Instead his father, Suhaib, head of the mosque's committee of trustees, posted a notice on his behalf expressing regret over his comments. "I seek Allah's forgiveness for my mistakes and apologise for any offence caused," the statement read.The campaign is part of a growing movement by a small but vocal group of largely Saudi-influenced orthodox Muslims who use evolution as a way of discrediting imams whom they deem to be overly progressive or "western orientated".Masjid Tawhid is a prominent mosque which also runs one of the country's largest sharia courts, the Islamic Sharia Council. In January, Dr Hasan delivered a lecture there detailing why he felt the theory of evolution and Islam were compatible – a position that is not unusual among many Islamic scholars with scientific backgrounds. But the lecture was interrupted by men he described as "fanatics" who distributed leaflets claiming that "Darwin is blasphemy"."One man came up to me during the lecture and said 'You are an apostate and should be killed'," Dr Hasan told The Independent. "I want to go back – I've been going to the mosque for 25 years. It is my favourite mosque in London, and I have been active in the community for a long time. I hope my positive contribution will outweigh their feelings towards me."Hmmmm.....Obama"Islam is a great religion" Darwin might have had a different opinion?Read the full story here.
- Bachmann Refuses to Back Down From Calling Obama Regime a “Gangster Government”.Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) on Sunday refused to walk back her comment comparing the Obama administration to a “gangster government.”“I don’t take back my statement on gangster government,” said Bachmann, who is weighing a 2012 run for president, on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “I think there are actions taken by this government are corrupt.”After the midterm elections, Bachmann had blogged that the debt ceiling would be “one of the most significant challenges to the start of the 112th Congress” and that “Congress simply cannot continue to operate under the pretense of ‘gangster government,’ raising the limit upon our whim.”Hmmmmm......Reminds me of Issa's "Most corrupt Government".Read the full story here.
- HT:TheNewAmerican.Wyoming Adopts “Constitutional Carry” of Firearms.An important step was taken yesterday in Wyoming toward restoring the constitutionally protected right of Americans to keep and bear arms, as that state became the second in less than a year to enact legislation affirming the right of its citizens to carry a concealed firearm without a special government-issued license. Following adoption in the state Senate, the vote of the House in the Wyoming legislature approved the bill by a vote of 48–8 several weeks ago, and Gov. Matt Mead (photo, left) signed it into law on March 3.The right to carry a concealed firearm without a special license issued by the state is often referred to as “constitutional carry.” Wyoming is now the fourth state in the Union that recognizes constitutional carry, joining Alaska, Arizona, and Vermont. Prior to Wyoming’s action, Arizona was the most recent state to adopt constitutional carry; Governor Jan Brewer signed the legislation in April of last year, and it went into effect a few months later, on July 29.It appears that the trend toward “constitutional carry” is likely to continue, with several states weighing adoption of measures similar to that which became law today in Wyoming. An article from the Associate Press declares that “Similar bills are pending in states including Colorado, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Utah. A bill has been introduced in Kentucky but hasn’t advanced while another was introduced for discussion in Idaho.”Undoubtedly, there are several factors are behind the movement at this time to restore more of the constitutionally recognized right to keep and bear arms to the people of the United States. Economics and a greater perceived need to be responsible for one’s own defense are among those factors.Another factor in the push to expand the right of self-defense in the direction of the liberty enumerated in the Bill of Rights is the sense that many Americans have that their liberties have been steadily eroded for many years.People who neglect the exercise of their constitutional rights may soon find those rights have been usurped by the State. First in Arizona and now in Wyoming, the people are pushing back.Hmmmm......."Use it or Loose it?"Read the full story here.
Sunday, March 6, 2011
- The volatile Lybian situation live streams here.
Live Blog Libya - Al Jazeera. here.
- HT:BarracudaBrigade.Harvard professors hauled in big cash consulting for Gaddafi.You really can’t make this stuff up: a consulting company founded by Harvard professors has received millions of dollars from Moammar Gaddafi for, in effect, rendering the services of propaganda machine to the deranged dictator.The Boston Globe reports that the professors tried to help improve the dictator’s image:It reads like Libyan government propaganda, extolling the importance of Moammar Gadhafi, his theories on democracy, and his “core ideas on individual freedom."“The really nefarious aspect of this is that it reinforced in Khadafy’s mind that he truly was an international intellectual world figure, and that his ideas of democracy were to be taken seriously,’’ said Dirk Vandewalle, associate professor at Dartmouth College and author of “A History of Modern Libya.’’Beyond writing agitprop for Gadhafi, the firm sent a coterie of distinguished academics to visit Ghadafi, including Joseph Nye of the Kennedy School, Lord Anthony Giddens of the London School of Economics, and Francis Fukuyama of Stanford University. The firm also helped Gadhafi’s son with his dissertation for the London School of Economics. Is that what passes for academic honor these days?But the Monitor Group defended itself citing–what else?–hope, or change, or something: “The firm said that assistance and the book proposal were mistakes. But its statement stressed that the firm’s main effort was designed to help Khadafy’s dictatorship bring about change.”Hmmmm......."Change" where have we heard that before?Ah yes Gaddafi: 'Obama is My Muslim Friend'.Read the full story here.
- Eight SAS men in undercover mission are seized in Libya - by the rebel forces they went to help.An eight-man SAS team was being held by Libyan rebel forces last night after being captured as they accompanied a junior British diplomat on an undercover mission which ended in embarrassment. The elite troops had been escorting the diplomat through rebel-held territory in the east of Libya as he tried to make contact with opponents of Colonel Gaddafi. The diplomat had intended to pave the way for a more senior British official to establish diplomatic relations with rebel forces. But last night the young Foreign Office employee and his armed SAS escorts were locked up inside a military base in Benghazi, the largest city held by opponents of Col Gaddafi.It is understood the SAS incursion into rebel-held territory infuriated opposition politicians, one of whom told them to warn David Cameron’s Government that it should recognise the opposition as Libya’s legitimate leaders before attempting to open negotiations. Sources admitted last night that there was huge embarrassment in Whitehall that the SAS mission had backfired.Hmmmmm........"We come in peace"?Read the full story here.
- HT:Aina."The war on Christianity".Nearly 4000 Muslims Attack Christian Homes in Egypt, Torch Church.A mob of nearly four thousand Muslims has attacked Coptic homes this evening in the village of Soul, Atfif in Helwan Governorate, 30 kilometers from Cairo, and torched the Church of St. Mina and St. George. There are conflicting reports about the whereabouts of the Church pastor Father Yosha and three deacons who were at church; some say they died in the fire and some say they are being held captive by the Muslims inside the church.Witnesses report the mob prevented the fire brigade from entering the village. The army, which has been stationed for the last two days in the village of Bromil, 7 kilometers from Soul, initially refused to go into Soul, according to the officer in charge. When the army finally sent three tanks to the village, Muslim elders sent them away, saying that everything was "in order now."A curfew has been imposed on the 12,000 Christians in the village.This incident was triggered by a relationship between 40-year-old Copt Ashraf Iskander and a Muslim woman. Yesterday a "reconciliation" meeting was arranged between the relevant Coptic and Muslim families and together with the Muslim elders it was decided that Ashraf Iskander would have to leave the village because Muslims torched his house.The father of the Muslim woman was killed by his cousin because he did not kill his daughter to preserve the family's honor, which led the woman's brother to avenge the death of his father by killing the cousin. The village Muslims blamed the Christians.The Muslim mob attacked the church, exploding 5-6 gas cylinders inside the church, pulled down the cross and the domes and burnt everything inside. Activist Ramy Kamel of Katibatibia Coptic advocacy called US-based Coptic Hope Sat TV and sent an SOS on behalf of the Copts in Soul village, as they are presently being attacked by the mob. He also said that no one is able to contact the priest and the deacons inside the burning church and there is no answer from their mobile phones.Coptic activist Wagih Yacoub reported the mob has broken into Coptic homes and has called on Copts to leave the village. "Terrorized Copts have fled and some hid in homes of Muslim neighbors," he added.Witnesses said the mob chanted "Allahu Akbar" and vowed to conduct their morning prayers on the church plot after razing it.Hmmmm......Off course no word from the self confessed 'Christian'President ,who by the way pledged 1,57 Billion Dollars to Egypt for 2012.Read the full story here.
- As storm nears and temps rise, Obama hits golf course for first time this year.In a sign that spring is nearing in Washington, President Obama hit the golf course Saturday.Storm clouds have been brewing all day, but the temperature was expected to hit 60 degrees. The president left the White House at 1 p.m. for his first golf outing stateside this year.Obama to the Andrews Air Force Base golf course.Obama usually hits the indoor basketball court on winter days.Hmmm....It's not like there's a revolution going on or that they're burning Christians?Read the full 'story' here.
- Name this professor of law?Harvard professor of law can't explain the Second Amendment?Video: Obama Struggles to Explain the Second Amendment to Mexican Reporter After Asking Why He Doesn’t Veto it…“Well, the Second Amendment in this country is part of our Constitution, and the president of the United States is bound by our Constitution,” Obama said. “So I believe in the Second Amendment. It does provide for Americans the right to bear arms for their protection, for their safety, for hunting, for a wide range of uses.”Hmmmm.....I can only wonder what go's through the mind of the teachers at Harvard when watching this.Read and see the full
- WTF ? Obama: Israel may benefit from Arab uprisings.US President Barack Obama claimed on Friday that America “can’t be naïve” about the situation in the Middle East, stressing that Israel may benefit from the wave of popular uprisings that has swept across the Arab world. Speaking to democratic donors in Miami, the New York Times quoted Obama as saying, “When you look at what’s happening around the world what’s happening in the Middle East, it is a manifestation of new technologies, the winds of freedom that are blowing through countries that have not felt those winds in decades, a whole new generation that says I want to be a part of this world. It’s a dangerous time, but it’s also a huge opportunity for us.’’He stated that “All the forces that we see building in Egypt are the forces that should be naturally aligned with us. Should be aligned with Israel.”“I’m actually confident that 10 years from now we’re going to be able to look back and say that this was the dawning of an entirely new and better era. One in which people are striving not to be against something but to be for something,” he said.Hmmmm......Is he for real?The Muslim Brotherhood already states that they will eradicate Israel and he says Israel will benefit?What 'new dawn'the start of the Global Caliphat?I think the Presidents mental state is obstructing his 'vision', impeachment should be considered.Read the full story here.
- Air Force Launches Robotic Space Plane on Mystery Mission.After being delayed a day by bad weather, the U.S. Air Force's second X-37B robotic space plane blasted off from Florida this afternoon (March 5) on a mystery mission shrouded in secrecy.The unmanned X-37B mini-shuttle — known as Orbital Test Vehicle 2 (OTV-2) — took to the skies from Cape Canaveral at 5:46 p.m. ET today, tucked away in the nose cone atop a huge Atlas 5 rocket."Liftoff of the Atlas 5 rocket and the second experimental X-37B, America's miniature military space shuttle," the Air Force Space Command wrote in a Twitter post as the Atlas 5 streaked into the Florida skies.The space plane was originally scheduled to launch yesterday, but cloudy, windy conditions scrubbed two attempts. And a technical glitch caused the X-37B to miss a launch window earlier this afternoon; a faulty valve had to be replaced in a last-minute repair.What exactly the vehicle does while circling the Earth for so long is a mystery, since the craft's payloads and missions are classified. Partly as a result of the secrecy, some concern has been raised — particularly by Russia and China — that the X-37B is a space weapon of some sort.But the Air Force has repeatedly denied that charge, claiming that the X-37B's chief task is testing out new hardware for future satellites — instruments like sensors and guidance, control and navigation systems. And that's likely to be the case, experts say.Boeing's Space and Intelligence Systems division builds the X-37B for the Air Force. Originally, NASA used the space plane as an experimental test bed until funding for the project ran out in 2004.The vehicle then passed to the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency and was ultimately turned over to the Air Force in 2006.Hmmmmm....One satellite buster coming up?Read the full story here.More here and here.
- US Congressman : the Muslim Brotherhood must be kept out of Government!House Middle East subcommittee chairman blasts Obama gov't for not taking tougher line on Hezbollah in Lebanon, Muslim Brothers.The new chairman of the US House’s Middle East subcommittee blasted the Obama administration on Friday for not taking a tougher line against the Muslim Brotherhood and its possible inclusion in the next Egyptian government.“I think we ought to be very clear that the Muslim Brotherhood should not be part of a future government in Egypt,” Rep. Steve Chabot (R-Ohio), 58, told The Jerusalem Post in his first interview with an Israeli paper since becoming chairman of the US House Subcommittee on the Middle East and South Asia.The US should condition aid to Egypt – now at around $1.5 billion a year – on whether the Muslim Brotherhood ends up in the government, Chabot said.“They’re about Shari’a law, they’re about suppressing women’s rights, and I don’t think that we ought to condone that, I don’t think that ought to be any part of the future of Egypt,” he said. “We might not have the power to implement the US program, but I think with our support – financial and otherwise – that we can maybe encourage things that would ultimately be in their best long-term interests, and Israel’s and the United States’.”Chabot criticized the Obama administration for not being bold enough in its position on the Brotherhood, and argued that the US weakness on this issue has emboldened Iran and other enemies of America who were calculating how to take advantage of the unrest.“They’ve been less than clear about accepting the Muslim Brotherhood in a future government and in what capacity, and I think that sends a message to those that are going to be negotiating the future of Egypt’s government,” Chabot said of the Obama administration. He added that broadly “this administration has oftentimes sent mixed messages, and pretty tepid and weak messages on occasion.”He described its “impotent” response to Iran’s repression of the opposition movement in 2009 as the “most blaring example,” and charged that as a result of that reaction and the one being expressed now, Iran feels stronger.Such strengthening of Iran contributed the rise of Hezbollah in Lebanon, he added.Just as Chabot doesn’t want to see American dollars going to a government including the Muslim Brotherhood, he is opposed to aid to the Lebanese Armed Forces in a Hezbollah-backed Lebanese government, as is currently being formed in Beirut. The Obama administration has defended such aid as necessary to encourage secular actors and counter-balance money coming Iran and its allies.While it is his own Republican Party that has been making loud calls for cutting foreign aid, Chabot said he was confident Israel’s more than $3b. in yearly assistance was secure.“Even though this new Congress and a new conservative Republican-oriented House, of which I’m a part, is absolutely bound and determined to get our fiscal house in order, even those folks understand the importance of our relationship with Israel,” he said.Chabot, who once went to The Hague to defend Israel when the International Court of Justice there was considering the legality of the West Bank security barrier, said he was pleased that his colleagues agreed with him in seeing Israel aid as “one area where we should absolutely not be cutting back on funding, that we need to continue to make sure that Israel gets the aid that it needs and deserves.”Hmmmm.......Does this mean the Muslim Brotherhood won't get the 1,57 billion Dollars their 'friend' promised?Read the full story here.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Obama demands 'dramatic statements' from Bibi, Likud demands that he build.President Obama's obsession with the 'Palestinians' is getting worse. Now, he's demanding 'dramatic statements' from Prime Minister Netanyahu, including a reference to the 1949 armistice lines '1967 borders.' The Obama Administration will not make do with statements that are "not dramatic" alongside a new peace initiative reportedly planned by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, officials in Jerusalem say.The political sources said they fear that the US Administration will demand clear reference to the 1967 borders as part of the plan and a subsequent Netanyahu speech.The officials said the PM would not be able to address sensitive issues such as Jerusalem's division or Palestinian refugees. Hence, the sources estimated that the issue of borders "must be on the table," with America expecting Netanyahu to refer to the 1967 borders as the basis for a final-status agreement and the establishment of a Palestinian state.But over the weekend, JPost reported that 19 of the Likud's 27 members signed a statement telling Bibi 'just build Bibi, build.'“Netanyahu feels that he is alone, under pressure from Obama and the world, but he is not,” council director-general Naftali Bennett said.“The entire government, the entire Likud and the overwhelming majority of Israelis are telling Netanyahu: Just build already. The only government since the Six Day War that has applied such a freeze on the cities in Judea and Samaria is the Netanyahu government. This is unacceptable.”Hmmm....With Spring comes the Jew bashing back?Read the full story here.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Jewish student sues Berkeley after racially motivated assault.A first of its kind federal civil rights case has been filed in United States District Court in Oakland, California, against the University of California at Berkeley, the Regents of the University of California and their ranking officials, by a Jewish student who had been assaulted on campus last year by a leader of a Muslim student organization during a pro-Israel event.On March 5, 2010, Jessica Felber, a twenty year old Jewish student at Berkeley, was attacked and injured on campus because of her Jewish ancestry and religious affiliation. At the time she was holding a sign stating “Israel wants Peace.” Her assailant, Husam Zakharia, also a UC Berkeley student, was the leader of Students for Justice in Palestine (“SJP”) at Berkeley.There is a genuine fear by Ms. Felber and other students of Jewish ancestry on campuses throughout the University of California system that the tragic lessons of history have not yet been learned by these defendants. They fear that the University of California campuses are no longer places of hope and dignity, of academic and personal freedom, or of peaceful life and personal safety.Ms. Felber is represented by Joel H. Siegal a civil rights attorney in San Francisco, and New York attorney Neal M. Sher, who for many years was the Director of the Justice Department’s Nazi prosecution office.Hmmmm......Well done!Read the full story here.
- Saudi Arabia imposes ban on ‘un-Islamic’ protests.Saudi Arabia warned potential protesters on Saturday that a ban on marches would be enforced, signaling that small protests by the Shi’ite minority in the oil-producing east would no longer be tolerated.“The kingdom’s regulations totally ban all sorts of demonstrations, marches, sit-ins,” the Interior Ministry said in a statement – adding that security forces would stop all attempts to disrupt public order.The ministry said demonstrations violated Islamic law and the kingdom’s traditions, according to a statement carried by state news agency SPA.Inspired by protests in other Arab countries, there have been Shi’ite marches in the past few days in the east – and unconfirmed activist reports of a small protest at a mosque in the Saudi capital Riyadh on Friday.Hmmmmm......My guess ..these protesters havent read the report from Credit Agricole 'Unrest will not probably spread to Kingdom'?Read the full story here.More here and here.
- HT:BigPeace.Instability In Russia Puts 2014 Olympics At Sochi In Doubt.Georgians are infuriated by the accusation by Alexander Torshin, a senior senator in Russia’s government, that the “ruling regime” of Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili perpetrated the suicide terrorist bombing at Moscow’s Domodedovo airport on January 24, killing 37 people, according to the Moscow Times. Tensions between Russia and Georgia have been great since the 2008 war fought between the two countries, largely over status of Georgia’s separatist province South Ossetia, whose status has not been settled to this day.Chechnya’s terrorist leader Doku Umarov has claimed responsibility for the airport bombing, but Torshin rejected that claim.“Saakashvili’s regime didn’t need Umarov to organize bombings because there is [South] Ossetian traitor [Dmitry] Sanakoyev and his agents. Saakashvili doesn’t hide his anger toward us. He made anti-Russian sentiment an item for sale a long time ago and sells it.”This accusation has raised tensions between the two countries to a new level. Georgia’s foreign minister said that the statement was a “purposeful provocation,” and an “absolutely groundless accusation,” according to Civil.ge. She pointed out that “Even the Russian law enforcement agencies have made not a single indication about the Georgian trace,” and accused the Russians of adopting these false allegations as policy.At the heart of the latest rounds of accusations and counter-accusations are Russia’s plans to hold the 2014 Winter Olypics in Sochi. Georgian officials have in fact called for relocation of games because of security threats, and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has for weeks been suggesting that Georgia is the source of those security threats. Reuters quotes Medvedev as saying “Forces that would impede holding the Olympics must be identified and brought to justice, if we are talking about citizens of our country. You all understand that there are also certain problems connected to our neighbour, Georgia.”This all comes as a new wave of violence is sweeping through the crucially important province of Kabardino-Balkaria (KBR) in the North Caucasus (Russia’s southern provinces). On February 21, three tourists were gunned down by suspected Islamist terrorists while while skiing on Mount Elbrus, a major tourist attraction in KBR. The attack on tourists in this normally calm region has shocked Russians, and has led to calls from officials to halt tourism in the area, according to Reuters.This was followed by the discovery of a shelter, on the slopes of Mount Elbrus, stocked with food, firearms, explosives and police uniforms and capable of housing eight people. Law enforcement officials carried out airstrikes and mortar bombings on Mount Elbrus to hunt down the militants, according to the Moscow Times, though it’s not clear that any insurgents were killed.Analyst Paul Goble is quoting Moscow political scientists are saying that the KBR violence is devastating to Russia as a whole, because it casts doubt on Moscow’s ability to ensure political stability in the North Caucasus, essential for the 2014 Olympics. In doing so, it’s adding to the instability of the entire country.The tourist attacks have severely damaged the credibility of both Medvedev and Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, both of whom have staked their reputations on a modernization program for the North Caucasus that was to have resolved the violence.Furthermore, the incident is increasing the level of nationalism and xenophobia among Russians, at a time when there has been repeated violence between Russians and Caucasus Muslims in Moscow.At the time that I wrote that report, the Circassian genocide was still a narrowly local issue, but it’s increasingly becoming a national and international issue, according to Goble.According to Goble, Russian authorities may be planning to try to divide the Circassians by offering them something in the hopes of getting them to drop these demands.I would be very surprised if this kind of bribery did anything but worsen the situation.From the point of view of Generational Dynamics, the Caucasus region is one of the most violent on earth, because of the interethnic wars, and because it’s one of the major regions (along with the Crimea and the Balkans) where fault line generational crisis wars have been fought between the Muslim civilization and the Orthodox Christian civilization. The great forces that have lead to these wars over the centuries appear to be rising again. It’s too bad that the 2014 Winter Olympics plans for Sochi are caught in the line of fire.Hmmmmm......And the fact that there will be no need for a visa between Turkey and Russia,will open the door to Russia for any would be terrorist in the Middle East ! Read the full story here.
- Turkey - Israel seeks ways to halt Göktürk satellite project,before they sell info to Iran.Israel has started lobbying to halt the Göktürk electro-optical satellite project, which will pave the way for the Turkish military to gather its own intelligence. The project will also enable the acquisition of high-resolution images for military purposes in Europe, the Caucasus and the Middle East, and it will strengthen Turkey’s hand in fighting the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK). Concerned that the satellite will gather images from its territory, Israel has put pressure on France, which is working on the construction of the satellite in cooperation with the Italian-based Telespazio to stop the project. Given the possibility that its efforts in France prove fruitless, Israeli officials are also lobbying in Ankara.Once the satellite is launched, Turkey will be able to sell the images obtained through the satellite to other countries as well. Israel is currently attempting to negotiate with Turkish officials in order to ensure Turkey does not sell images of Israel to other states. However, the response of Turkish officials was clear: “We decide how to use the images taken by our satellite.”Speaking to Today’s Zaman, high-level officials from the Turkish Defense Ministry said: “For years, Israel has obtained images of our territory. For the first time, we will have a satellite for intelligence. Reciprocity is essential in international relations. If they observe Turkish soil, Turkey has the same right, too.” Turkey’s defense and procurement authorities had completed a deal with Telespazio for the construction and launching of the country’s first military satellite, Göktürk, in 2009.Hmmmmmm.......Sounds like a case for "Stuxnet to the rescue"?Read the full story here.
- Turkey tired of Internet bans, mass punishment of users.“We don’t want to be punished along with those who use blogs to make money illegally. With the current technology, I don’t think it should be difficult to track down and punish individuals who violate the commercial rights of others with their blogs. Banning all the blogs is like throwing a package of rice into a garbage can because you think sorting it is difficult,” wrote one of Turkey’s millions of bloggers on her blog, which she wants to remain anonymous.The blogger’s reaction came in the wake of a recent court ban that has blocked Google’s famous blog-hosting service, blogspot.com/blogger.com, following complaints by digital satellite platform Digiturk.Internet Technology Association (İTD) President Mustafa Akgül said the ban imposed on blogspot.com was a violation of human rights and freedom of expression in particular, and it places Turkey in a difficult situation in the international arena. Akgül accused the courts of taking the easy way by imposing a ban on blogspot.com instead of finding the individuals who violated Digiturk’s broadcasting rights. He said those who commit an offense on the Internet should be punished individually and giving a mass punishment to all bloggers is an unfair thing to do. “Court should act fairly. While they want to punish several people for their illegitimate actions on the Internet, they should not also punish millions of innocent Internet users because justice does not call for punishment of the innocent while making the balance between the crime and the punishment proportional,” he told Sunday’s Zaman.A statement released by bloggers at blogumadokunma.tumblr.com said: “Digiturk, Google and the Republic of Turkey should be sensitive about the censoring shame from now on, all the anti-censor Internet users should support this movement, and all members of the press should lend their support to freedom of expression.” Tansel Parlak, an activist from the Young Civilians, a nongovernmental organization famous for its use of sarcasm in its protests, said the bans imposed on the Internet in Turkey have gone beyond being tragic-comic and become stupid. “It is like cutting all the trees in a forest when you just need a few of them,” he said.The Internet restrictions in Turkey are a subject criticized by the EU. “There are frequent website bans which are disproportionate in scope and duration,” according to the latest EU progress report, which was issued last November, noting “Law No. 5651 … limits freedom of expression and restricts citizens’ rights to access information.”Welcome to Turkey ....Iran style?Read the full story here.
- HT:CreepingSharia.U.S. open to sharia to to free U.S. “diplomat” in Pakistan.One way out of the mess surrounding the Jan. 27 arrest in Lahore of CIA contractor Raymond Davis, say senior U.S. and Pakistani officials, is a Muslim ritual for resolving disputes known as “blood money.”This approach would require a prominent Islamic intermediary – perhaps from Saudi Arabia or the United Arab Emirates – who would invite relatives of the two men Davis killed to the Gulf. Payment to the victims’ families could then be negotiated quietly. Once the next of kin had agreed to this settlement, the legal case against Davis for murder might be moot in a Pakistani court.A senior Pakistani official in Washington outlined this “blood money” concept in a conversation Monday. An official of that country’s Inter-Services Intelligence directorate also endorsed this approach; he said it had the advantage of meshing with the dispute-resolution customs of the Middle East and South Asia.Asked about such a third-party mediation to free Davis, a senior U.S. official said Tuesday: “The United States is open to exploring any and all options that could resolve this matter. . . . It’s in our mutual interest to move beyond the Davis issue, and we believe the Pakistanis understand the stakes involved.Hmmmmm......In Arabic, the word Diyya means both blood money and ransom.In Islamic and Arab traditions, blood money is the fine paid by the killer or his family or clan to the family or the clan of the victim .Countries whose law follows the Shari’a, including Saudi Arabia, Iran and Pakistan, also enacted laws for Qisas and Diyat(Bloodmoney).In Saudi Arabia, when a person has been killed or caused to die by another, the prescribed blood money rates are as follows:
100,000 riyals if the victim is a Muslim man
50,000 riyals if a Muslim woman
50,000 riyals if a Christian or Jewish man
25,000 riyals if a Christian or Jewish woman
6,666 riyals if a Hindu man
3,333 riyals if a Hindu woman.The amount of compensation is based on the percentage of responsibility. Blood money is to be paid not only for murder, but also in case of unnatural death, interpreted to mean death in a fire, industrial or road accident, for instance, as long as the responsibility for it falls on the causer.Read the full story here.
- HT:Serbianna.Jihad ties emerge on Canada’s Bosnian Muslim group.Bosnian Muslim group “Institute for Research of Genocide of Canada” has hailed Canada’s decision to bar Dr Srdja Trifkovic from holding a lecture there, however, more evidence is emerging that this Bosnian Muslim group has ties with violent Jihad.The chief of the “Institute”, Emir Ramic, is on the editorial board of a radical Bosnian Muslim publication called Korak (Step) that is published in Sarajevo. The aim of the publication is to protect the legacy (zastita tekovine borbe) of the Bosnian Muslim Jihad in the 1990s.Some of the authors and “analysts” in that Magazine that Ramic edits are former Bosnian Muslim officials that were instrumental in issuing citizenship to foreign-born al-Qaeda and in weapons smuggling from Iran into Bosnia which opened doors to infiltration of Iranian agents in the region.A notable figure in Ramic’s magazine is Enes Ljevakovic, whose brother Irfan Ljevakovic is on the supervisory board of the Third World Relief Agency (TWRA) that has been mentioned by the CIA Report on NGOs With Terror Links.Irfan Ljevakovic is wanted for questioning by the Austrian government for recruiting Jihadists in Austria to go fight in Bosnia. According to a Washington Post report “Bosnian sources said [Irfan] Ljevakovic is one of several influential officials protecting the Islamic fighters who remain in Bosnia in violation of the Dayton peace accord”.Now, Irfan Ljevakovic is the youngest among 5 Ljevakovic’s – oldest Zijad, then Ekrem, Advan, Enes and Irfan – and all of them have been instrumental in the formation of the Izetbegovic extremist government in some form or fashion. Politically managed by Zijad, Enes’s role in Jihad has been to provide intellectual foundation for worldwide “stealth” Jihad.Ramic, who is on the editorial board of Korak, had to have approved Enes’ declaration that “Jihad is a just and legitimate fight against aggression and a struggle in protection of human rights and freedoms”.Ramic also had to have approved a text posted on the “Institute” web site in which his Ramic’s intellectual mate, Dr. Josip Pecaric, claims that the WWII genocide of Serbs, Jews and Roma in Croatia’s Jasenovac death camp is “Serbian propaganda“. Some of the Nazi guards were Bosnian Muslims at Jasenovac.Ramic’s group is also accusing distinguished General MacKenzie to be “the accomplice to the crime of aggression and genocide” while on the peace mission in Bosnian in early 1990s. Other Bosnian Muslim groups, with ties to Ramic, have joined the campaign against General MacKenzie charging the General of alleged multitude of rapes of Bosnian Muslim females. MacKenzie is apparently suing Ramic.The rape charge against MacKenzie is led by the US branch of the Bosnian Muslims, the Congress of North American Bosniaks whose Treasurer is Uzeir Ramic. Both serve on an “Advisory Council” and Uzeir is noted for his $5,000.00 donation for a New York mosque.As the story Ramic develops, some have told me that Ramic harbors more radical Islamist ties and represents the “stealth” wing of the radical Bosnian Muslims who seek to establish intellectual foundation for Jihad in north America.Hmmmmm......"Bosnian Muslim kills two US Soldiers in Frankfurt".Read the full story here.
- "Life or Death in Iran's Prisons".Political prisoner with paralyzed arms sent to solitary confinement.Human Rights Activists News Agency – Ali Afshar is a political prisoner who has been held in solitary confinement for the past 40 days in the Orumiyeh central prison. Security agents transferred him there from the Orumiyeh intelligence agency.About three months ago, Ali Afshar was arrested by Iran’s security forces in northwestern Iran near Bukan and Mahabad. During the arrest, security agents shot Ali Afshar five times, causing severe injuries. Following a rudimentary outpatient care, he was moved to the Orumiyeh intelligence agency.Due to the gun shot wounds, Ali Afshar became completely paralyzed in both arms. Currently, his health is suffering greatly and his life is under great threat. He is being held in solitary confinement where these is no heat. In the winter, the temperature in Orumiyeh can reach ten degrees below the freezing point.Ali Afshar is accused of cooperating with a Kurdish party. He is charged with “Enmity against God” and “Corrupter on Earth”.Hmmmm.....Iran...best friend of Turkey...who's best friend is....... Obama,makes you wonder why Obama keeps silent?Read the full story here.
- HT:DougRoss.In pictures: Obama's devastating cuts to the federal budget.Hmmm......Reading or magnifying Glasses adivised!Read and see the whole thing here.
- HT:InfidelBloggers.Texas Legislation Proposes Felony Charges for TSA Agents.Rep. David Simpson (R-Longview) introduced a package of bills into the Texas House of Representatives on Tuesday that would challenge the TSA’s authority in a number of ways. The first bill, HB 1938, prohibits full body scanning equipment in any Texas airport and provides for criminal and civil penalties on any airport operator who installs the equipment. The second bill, HB 1937, criminalizes touching without consent and searches without probable cause.
HB 1938 reads in part:
(b) An airport operator may not allow body imaging scanning equipment to be installed or operated in any airport in this state.Both bills empower the Texas Attorney General to bring suit in court. The TSA will likely challenge such a law, but the Texas legislature stands on solid ground. Local governments control airports and no enumerated power in the Constitution gives the federal government the authority to regulate them. Under the Tenth Amendment, airport operation falls under state jurisdiction.TSA regulations allow for passengers to refuse the body scans, but they must instead submit to an intrusive full-body pat down. This package addresses both issues. The HB 1938 legislation addresses the physical installation of full-body scans, and HB 1937 addresses the problematic constitutional issues of TSA security screening procedures. Random full-body scans and pat downs in the absence of probable cause arguably violates the Fourth Amendment.The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated…Hmmmmmm........Do you "Remember the Alamo" Obama?Read the full story here.
- HT:Ahmadiyyatimes.Pakistan: Another blasphemer’ gunned down.RAWALPINDI: Only two days after the assassination of Minorities Affairs Minister Shahbaz Bhatti in broad daylight, a poor man who had been accused in a blasphemy case and released last year, was gunned down on the outskirts of the city on Friday.According to police, Mohammad Imran, who was released along with his friend Sajid Mehmood on Feb 13 last year, was sitting at a shop near a bus stand in Danda village when three masked gunmen attacked him.Sub-inspector Mehmood Ahmed, who heads the team investigating the murder, said that two of the attackers entered the shop owned by one Abdul Rehman, while the third stayed outside. “After spotting their target they opened fire, killing Imran on the spot and escaped,” he added.Mohammad Akram, an elder brother of Imran, in his complaint suspected that Imdad Hussain, son of Altaf Hussain, of Ckak Baili, was behind the murder. Dawn.Imran and Mehmood were booked by police in a blasphemy case in April 2009 on a complaint lodged by one Asif Fareed who had accused them of passing `insulting` remarks against the holy prophet (PBUH) during a discussion at a village café.Hmmmm.......How long before Pakistan starts exterminating 'blasphemers' on a massive scale?Lets say Nuclear scale?Read the full story here.
- HT:AhmadiyyaTimes.Indonesia: Assaulted by Islamist Extremism | After East Java, West Java Bans All of Ahmadiyah’s Activities.Bandung. West Java joined a string of other regional governments on Thursday in banning activities of the Ahmadiyah sect.West Java Governor Ahmad Heryawan said he issued a gubernatorial regulation, No. 12 of 2011, banning the activities of the Ahmadiyah in the province. He said it was effective immediately.“This gubernatorial regulation is a follow-up to the joint ministerial decree and a 12-point joint agreement which was also signed by representatives of the Ahmadiyah,” Ahmad said.He was referring to a 2008 joint ministerial decree that prohibits the Ahmadiyah from practicing their faith in public and spreading their beliefs. The decree, which stopped short of banning the sect altogether, has been criticized by human rights activists as it is frequently used to justify violence against the Ahmadiyah community.The joint agreement Ahmad referred to was recently signed and outlined some of the prohibitions on Ahmadiyah activity.He said the gubernatorial regulation was based on the desire of the government to prevent any social conflict from breaking out because of the activities of the Ahmadiyah, which many mainstream Muslims consider a deviant sect.“We are not in a position to dissolve the Ahmadiyah organization, but we are in a position to follow up on the joint ministerial decree and the 12-point agreement,” h e said.The regulation prohibits Ahmadis from trying to spread Ahmadiyah teachings orally, in writing or through electronic media. That also means all signboards containing the name of the organization must be taken down from public places, including mosques and schools. Ahmadiyah attributes may no longer be visible anywhere in West Java.“Ahmadiyah mosques are mosques for all. All Muslims should be allowed to enter those mosques,” Ahmad said. He added that religious authorities will also organize Islamic events in mosques identified as Ahmadiyah mosques to put an end to alleged exclusivism there.The West Java regulation forbids people from launching any unlawful action against the Ahmadiyah community, but it also calls on the public to help monitor and report any violation by Ahmadiyah members.Saerodji, who heads the West Java office for religious affairs, said there were some 17,000 Ahmadis in the province.Sugiyanto, head of the West Java High Prosecutor’s Office, said the regulation was aimed at protecting Ahmadis from the attacks they had experienced in the past.“We want to protect the Ahmadiyah community from anarchic actions. If there are violations of the 12-point agreement, let the authorities deal with it,” Sugiyanto said.“This is no longer a mere call but has been laid down into a written regulations. The public should not take matters into their own hands.”West Java Police Chief Insp. Gen. Suparni Parto said the regulation was a good solution and added that police would now no longer hesitate to take action against whomever violated it.The spokesman for the Ahmadiyah community in the western part of West Java, Rafiq Ahmad Sumadi Gandakusuma, told the Jakarta Globe they had not been invited to discuss the new regulation.Earlier this week, authorities in Surabaya, the country’s second-largest city and capital of East Java, issued a similar regulation banning the display of any Ahmadiyah attributes and any efforts by the group to spread its faith in the province.In the province of Banten, Lebak district recently said it would issue a bylaw banning the Ahmadiyah, and Pandeglang district already issued such a decree on Feb. 21.Hmmmm.....Remember that defender of the 'oppressed'saying "Indonesia is an example of religious tolerance",seems more like wherever he passes chaos follows soon.Read the full story here.More here and here .
- Video - Poverty forces 13-year-old to pull rickshaw.Difficult childhood: Poverty forces 13-year-old Sonam to pull a rickshaw and eke out a living.Hmmmmm......And then you have 'people' who spend between 22 - 50 Million dollars on a wedding?Read and see the full story here.
- And now for something completely different.Live sex show spices up college class in Chicago.Live sex show spices up college class in Chicago.Once the demonstration began, Smith said, "there was a lot of covering of the mouth like 'Oh my gosh.' It was pretty quiet.... I didn't really see people take affront, but they were engaged with the experience."Faith Kroll, 25, said she had planned to simply answer questions and show off her sex toys but was game to demonstrate in the flesh after the students were shown an "absurd, clinical" video."One of the students asked what my specific fetish was and mine is being in front of people, having the attention and being used," she told the Chicago Sun-Times. "The students seemed really intrigued."Psychology professor John Michael Bailey said he initially hesitated, but decided to allow the public sex act."My hesitation concerned the likelihood that many people would find this inappropriate," he wrote in a statement. "My decision to say 'yes' reflected my inability to come up with a legitimate reason why students should not be able to watch such a demonstration."The university initially defended the risque display, with a spokesman saying in a statement that it "supports the efforts of its faculty to further the advancement of knowledge" even though some of the topics may be "controversial."The university will reportedly pay several hundred dollars to Melvoin-Berg, the co-owner of Weird Chicago Tours, for the lecture.He said neither Kroll nor Marcus - exhibitionists who are happy to have people watch them have sex - would be paid.But as the news went viral Thursday, the university's president issued a statement saying he was "troubled and disappointed by what occurred.""I feel it represented extremely poor judgment on the part of our faculty member," Northwestern University President Morton Schapiro said."I have directed that we investigate fully the specifics of this incident, and also clarify what constitutes appropriate pedagogy, both in this instance and in the future."Hmmmmm.......I can't help but wonder what Islam says about this?Read the full story here.Video report here.