Friday, February 11, 2011
Egypt Uprising - Foreign Minister Abu Al-Gheit Slams US Administration for Interfering in Egypt's Affairs: When Someone Says "Now" and "Immediately," I Say to Him: Boy, Go Play Somewhere Else. Source .
Posted by Will at 8:54 PM
- Egypt volatile situation Mubarak STEPS DOWN ! - Al Jazeera English - Live Streams From Egypt ! Here .
- Egypt protests on Twitter! here.
- Liveblog - Egypt's protests erupt. here
Hmmmmm......February 11 Th is the day that the Shah's regime fell in 1979 and Nelson Mandela walked free in 1990 on Februari 11 Th now Mubarak stepped down on February 11Th.....Weird or what?
- Mubarak Arrives in Sharm El-Sheikh Amid Resignation Calls, Al Arabiya Says.Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak and his family have arrived in the resort town of Sharm El-Sheikh in the Sinai Peninsula, Al Arabiya television and the Associated Press reported today, without saying where they got the information. Mubarak left Cairo from a military airbase in the suburbs and was accompanied by Lieutenant General Sami Hafez Enan, chief of staff of the Egyptian Army, the Chinese news agency Xinhua reported, citing an unidentified airport official. Egyptians today vowed to hold their biggest demonstrations so far during the crisis over the country’s leadership after Mubarak went on national television to defy calls for his immediate resignation. Mubarak, 82, reiterated his intention to stay in office, while handing day-to-day powers to Vice President Omar Suleiman in a bid to placate opponents who demand an end to his 30-year rule. Read and see the full story here and here.
- Barack Hussein Obama Godfather of Islamic Revolution?Barack Hussein Obama may be the godfather of the Islamic revolution. The tempo and turmoil of regional events fit his agenda, and may be a result of his policies.Radical transforming political developments in the Middle East and North Africa have given rise to criticism over the failure of President Obama’s foreign policy. Pro-American regimes, as in Tunisia and Egypt, have virtually been toppled by mass protest in the name of ending corruption and nepotism, and demanding liberty and democracy, economic justice and social welfare for lower impoverished classes.Other regional leaders, like King Abdullah in Jordan, are targeted by popular opposition, and in Lebanon the Western-oriented Hariri government has been brought down. The U.S.-supported Palestinian Abu Mazen regime has come on hard times, with the Qatari Al-Jazeera campaign undermining its political legitimacy. Iran-supported Hamas is the beneficiary of this development.This political collapse in the Middle East is seen as a colossal defeat for Obama and American interests. Washington’s allies have fallen, or are tottering, and hopes for moderation and stability seem to be shattered.Since entering the White House, Obama has been transparent in promoting his views and policies. In the domestic arena, he favors construction of a large mosque near Ground Zero though a majority of Americans oppose this controversial step; he favored a civilian trial for 9/11 terror planner Khalid Sheikh Mohammad despite popular views to the contrary; and he refused to describe the Fort Hood killing spree of thirteen soldiers by Muslim major Nidal Malik Hasan as a crime inspired by Islam.The elevated status of Islam in America was already announced at Obama’s inaugural address when he referred to America as a nation of “Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus.” The Jews had been surpassed by Muslims in the politico-religious hierarchy, while later Obama speaking in the name of America stated that ‘We are no longer a Christian nation’. A clear instance of Islamic prioritization occurred when NASA’s new mandate was ordered by Obama to be outreach to Muslim countries, and to make them feel good about their contribution to science. In world politics, Obama promised that America will never go to war against Islam. His first presidential visits to Cairo and Ankara illustrated his exceptional friendship for Muslim countries; he avoided visiting Jerusalem. His sanctions campaign against Iran was sluggish and his support for the reformist protest following the June 2009 elections muted. The ayatollahs could relax with Obama in the White House.But a paradigm which fits Obama’s record suggests that the tempo and turmoil of regional events fit his agenda, and may be a result of his policies. As a son of a Muslim father, Obama is on course to promote Islamization at home and abroad. In the Middle East, where popular religious forces threaten authoritarian regimes, Obama has placed America on the side of Islam. His is a historical role in furthering the expansion of radical Shari’a Islam from his Oval Office in Washington. Hamas, while defined as a terrorist organization, received U.S. aid for the Gaza Strip under its rule.Obama’s agenda is succeeding brilliantly with the very list of events considered his failures in foreign policy in facthighlighting his successes. Islamic takeovers in Lebanon and perhaps Egypt, maybe in Tunisia and Yemen, then Jordan, fulfill his vision in full glow. Thus, Egypt as a base of American strategy in the Middle East may be replaced by Egypt as a foundation for the spread of radical Islam in the world. When Obama bowed before the King of Saudi Arabia in April 2009, he was not showing respect for the monarchy but deference to the Guardian of the Holy Cities of Islam. Maybe over a few generations Washington will be added, along with Rome, to the list of Islamic sacred sites.Hmmmm......Every founding Father must be turning in their graves!Read the full story here.
- HT:Memri.Google Allows Surfers To Access Blocked Websites.Elaph.com reports that the Google search engine enables surfers to access websites blocked by authorities in numerous countries. According to the report, the sites can be accessed by pasting the blocked website's link into the Google Translation window. Source.
- HT:AmnonAndJonathan.The Pharaoh is Dead ! Long live the Junta !Alexander The Great,brought democracy to Egypt in 322BC ! It was rejected by the citizens of Egypt !The rise of Christianity in Egypt caused an end to the worship of Ra by the citizens of Egypt !Hmmmm......July 2010 - A recent UNICEF report reflects "the unemployment rates have reached 83% among young people between the ages of 15 and 29 years. This group constitutes 20% of the Egyptian population. Another U.N. report also noted that 41% of the Egyptian population is living below the poverty index level which is $2 per day per person. Jan 2011 - The Middle East is the region with the highest rate of unemployment in the world, confirmed the International Labour Organisation (ILO), which reports that unemployment in the region is 10.3% compared to 6.2% on average globally. The situation presented in "Global Employment Trends 2011" is even more dramatic when looking at the young segment of the population up to the age of 25, where the unemployment rate is estimated to be 40%.Good luck idiots if you think anything will CHANGE with the Muslim Brotherhood !Read and see the full story here.
- HT:Warsclerotic - Debka.First Iranian War Ships Dock in Jeddah with an Eye on Suez Canal.The Iranian Navy’s 12th Flotilla is received in Jeddah, on the Red Sea. Behind the sound and fury in Egypt, Iran is quietly developing its naval westward momentum for extending a military loop around the Persian Gulf and out to the Red Sea and Mediterranean. The American fleet is also quietly redeploying around Egypt and in the Suez Canal.Sunday, Feb. 6, for the first time ever, Iranian war ships docked at the Saudi Red Sea port of Jeddah opposite the Egyptian coast – just days after the USS Kearsarge Expeditionary Strike Group took up position in the Suez Canal.The two navies are quietly maneuvering around one another though without facing off. The Iranian movement appears to signal a radical reshuffle of the pieces on the region’s checkerboard, say DEBKA-Net-Weekly‘s Middle East experts: Up until now, Saudi Arabia, in close conjunction with Egypt and its President Hosni Mubarak, has led the Sunni Arab thrust to contain Iranian expansion – especially in the Persian Gulf. However, the opening of a Saudi port to Iranian war ships for the first time in the history of their relations points to the Egyptian uprising causing a shift in a new direction – a point Tehran has gladly made against American and Israel silence.Just an hour after the Iranian Navy’s 12th flotilla, which has been deployed in the Gulf of Aden to secure its shipping against Somali piracy, put in to Jeddah Sunday, Iranian Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari announced they were on a mission of peace and friendship to the states of the region:“In pursuit of a powerful (military) presence in the high seas and to consolidate our friendly ties and declare our message of peace and friendship to the regional countries,” said Sayyari, “the flotilla of warships of the Islamic Republic of Iran’s Navy has entered Saudi Arabia’s port city of Jeddah.”Saudi rulers may also have drawn certain conclusions from US President Barack Obama‘s treatment of Mubarak. King Abdullah is reported by our Persian Gulf sources as so enraged by what he sees as “Obama’s betrayal” of the Egyptian president – virtually giving him his marching orders – that the White House felt compelled to send a special personal envoy to the Saudi palace in Morocco this week to smooth his ruffled feathers and explain the game the administration has been playing in Cairo.The king received the envoy but, after hearing him out, said very distinctly that for as long as he reigns, he will never, ever forgive the US president for his treatment of the Egyptian president and his attitude toward the Arab states counted as American friends and allies.Hmmmm.....If you wanted to destroy America would you do anything different?Read the full story here.
- HT:AmericanThinker.Muslim Brotherhood Wants Egyptian Nukes.If I can readily find this on the Net why can't the big media? It is from WMD Insights, November 2006, a publication sponsored by the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) of the U.S. Defense Department.Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood Presses Government for Nuclear Weapons.In the summer of 2006...the Muslim Brotherhood...escalated its nuclear goals and openly called for Egypt to develop nuclear weapons as a counter to Israel's nuclear capabilities...Dr. Hamdi Hassan, spokesperson of the Muslim Brotherhood parliamentary caucus, made clear that his organization was interested...in creating an Egyptian nuclear deterrent: "We [Egyptians] are ready to starve in order to own a nuclear weapon that will represent a real deterrent and will be decisive in the Arab-Israeli conflict."Yesterday the NYTimes published the ironically entitled What the Muslim Brothers Want by Essam El-Errian, member of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood guidance council. He forgot to mention the nuclear weapons.Hmmm......These are the people the Obama administration talks to?Read the full story here.
- Mideast allies tell US to go easy on Egypt.Some of America’s Mideast allies have been pressing the Obama administration to go easy on Egypt’s embattled leader and allow for a gradual transition of power. Moderate Arab countries such as Jordan and Saudi Arabia have warned Washington that an abrupt departure of Hosni Mubarak - the key demand of Egyptian anti-government protesters - could strengthen militants and destabilize US-backed regimes in the region.The latest flurry of diplomatic contacts, including dozens of phone conversations between Jordan’s King Abdullah II and top US officials, signal growing tensions between the Obama administration and its regional allies since the outbreak of the Egyptian uprising.In recent days, Arab leaders and diplomats have cautioned Washington against pushing for rapid change in Egypt. Jordan’s king told President Barack Obama, US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and other US officials that there “must be a quiet and peaceful transition of power in Egypt,” a Jordanian official said.The monarch argued that Egypt’s Vice President Omar Suleiman should be allowed to introduce needed reforms before Mubarak’s term ends in September, the official said. “We’ve communicated our message very clearly and we believe that it got through,” he added.Others, like oil powerhouses Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, also cautioned the US that a hasty departure by Mubarak could undermine US interests, said a senior Arab diplomat based in Jordan. Like the Jordanian official, he insisted on anonymity, citing private diplomatic conversations with US officials.Earlier this week, the crown prince of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, told Obama that the United Arab Emirates is eager to see a smooth transition in Egypt, in line with constitutional requirements.Hmmmm.......It seems that the new "Roi Soleil"doesn't care about others their opinions,some may even call it dictatorial.Read the full story here.
- Iran vows Mideast without US, Israel.Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said that a new Middle East will be created in the near future without the United States and Israel. "I assure you that despite all evil and complicated plans, and thanks to the resistance of nations, there will be a new Middle East but without the US and the Zionist regime [of Israel]," he told the Iranians gathering at Tehran's Azadi Square to mark the 32nd anniversary of the Islamic Revolution. The Iranian president also urged the arrogant powers not to interfere in the internal affairs of the region's countries such as Egypt and Tunisia. "What are you doing in Afghanistan? What are these military bases in the region for? Are you compassionate or hypocrite?" Ahmadinejad asked. He also argued that the West is deceitful in claiming that with the two-state slogan it can pave the way for Israel to dominate the region. Hailing the revolution in Egypt, the Iranian president warned the Egyptian people to be vigilant, insisting that "It is your right to be free. It is your right to decide your government, and it is your right to freely express yourself about your country and global issues." "Be united and do not fear corrupt governments, and victory is near," he added.Hmmmm......The world is such a better place since Obama became President.Read the full story here.
- HT:TheNationalReview.Mubarak: I Am an Arab Warrior, Not a Community Organizer.This is a huge lesson in political culture. It also shows just how bad the media coverage has been. Mubarak is not resigning. He’s managing the “reform” process. He is appointing a committee to study constitutional changes. He will decide when there are elections. He is going to “consider” changing the emergency law. He basically said: I am an Arab warrior, not a community organizer. That speech should be required reading for anyone who wants to understand the Middle East.This is not over yet. There has been no revolution so far, but the protesters are going to freak out. If Obama has been interpreted as applauding real and major change, either he didn’t know what Mubarak was going to say or he is going to look like a total fool.When Mubarak said he won’t accept outside advice, that was a direct slap at Obama. Can you imagine the expression on Obama’s face as he watched the speech after being told by his intelligence that Mubarak resigned? After he made a speech about how the youth had forced change? If I had to summarize it, tabloid-style, I’d say: “Mubarak to Obama: Drop Dead!“The regime is not giving in — Mubarak will leave office, perhaps in September, but the regime will fight on. The speech was the equivalent of Charles Bronson or Clint Eastwood saying: Come and get me!Of course, we should not forget that this is a dictator refusing to step down. Mubarak and the army knew that this would inflame the crowd. The army would not have agreed to this unless it was willing to deal with the consequences.Hmmmm.......As i said from day one of the demonstrations"This won't be as easy as in Tunesia!Read the full story here.
- HT:InfidelBloggers.Obama justice dept. cover up huge illegal gun running plot ran by batf under orders from holder to produce political hay and leverage to work against gun ownership in U.S.This is a huge ticking bomb, sleeping dog, ant hill about to be disturbed. this will bring down the holder justice dept.the evidence:
The story: Murder in the Service of the Obama Agenda. It is no secret to anyone that Barack Obama is an advocate of harsh gun control, and that he would use any means, ethical or unethical, to further his agenda. While a director on the board of the Joyce Foundation he approved a plot to undermine the judiciary by corrupting Second Amendment scholarship. Had that plot succeeded, Heller could very well have had a very different outcome.Obama Administration officials should now be held responsible for a plot within the Justice Department to manufacture evidence of cross-border weapons smuggling. This policy has been directly connected to the murder of a Border Patrol Agent, and likely contributed to the deaths of an unknown number of Mexican citizens as well.Since the earliest days of his Presidency, Barack Obama has tried to use Mexican drug cartel violence as an excuse to restrict the rights of American citizens. Common sense—actually, any sense at all—would dictate that the way to clamp down on Mexican violence spilling into this country would be to develop a robust physical barrier system to stop illicit border crossings. Instead, the administration has used the porous border as an excuse to float easily debunked lies in the service of his domestic gun control dreams.We just never grasped how far this cynical Administration was willing to go to further that agenda.Manufacturing evidence as an academic and activist was bad enough, but it appears that the Administration’s desire for domestic gun control was directly responsible for a plot where the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (BATF) allowed straw buyers to purchase fully-functioning firearms in the United States and smuggle them over the border into Mexico.The goal of the plot was to let enough guns cross the border in large enough quantities so that Mexican authorities could then capture the weapons after battles between government forces and cartel members. The guns would then be turned over to the BATF for tracking, “proving” that American guns were going to Mexico, justifying restrictions on American gun owners.It is an entirely Machiavellian plot, revolving around planted evidence. An American government agency specifically allowed firearms to be smuggled into another country, knowing that those weapons would be used to murder members of the military, law enforcement, and civilians alike. In fact, their plot relied upon those weapons being used. If they weren’t used in gun battles with authorities and captured, they couldn’t be tracked. If these guns weren’t killing Mexicans, the Obama Justice Department would have very little political capital to expend towards domestic gun control legislation.Killing to make a point .Sadly, the Administration’s plot has worked. Mexican cops, federal agents, soldiers, and civilians have almost certainly died as a result of this scheme. On our side of the border, the bodies are likely piling up as well. Evidence clearly shows Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was killed as a result of this plot. The rifle that killed him on December 14, 2010, was one that BATF agents allowed to go south.Hmmmm.....If ever a President needed impeaching it's this one. Read the full scandal here.
- What Israel fears in Egypt.One might expect that Israelis, who live in the only democracy in the Middle East, would turn out in the squares of Jerusalem and the gardens of Tel Aviv to show solidarity with the demonstrators in Egypt. The protesters, after all, are seeking to overthrow an authoritarian regime. Israelis, however, have stayed at home, warily following events on TV and the Internet. It is not a democratic Egypt that Israelis fear but the prospect of Egypt being hijacked by enemies of democracy, of Israel and of the United States. Within every revolution are some who hope to use democratic processes to establish oppressive regimes. This was, to a large extent, what triumphed in Iran in 1979 and what happened in Gaza only five years ago. Many Israelis wonder why it would be any different in Egypt, which is home to the world's most powerful and popular Islamist movement. Should the government of Hosni Mubarak be replaced by one not truly committed to freedom and peace, the consequences for Israel could be devastating. As Egypt struggles toward an internal balance that appeases all forces, including the Muslim Brotherhood, peace with Israel could be the price of an Egyptian compromise. And the risks are worse if the Brotherhood, an organization deeply hostile to Israel, America and the West, gets to call the shots. Consider what an Egyptian official once told me: "There is no war without Egypt." From 1948 to 1973, Israel had to fight four wars against coalitions of Arab armies. Since the peace agreement between Egypt and Israel, however, there has not been even one war between Israel and Arab states. The lives of many Israelis and Arabs have been saved over the past four decades, and the security burden on Israel's economy has become more bearable. Yet if the peace with Egypt dissolves, the risks to the Jewish state and its citizens cannot be overstated.Hmmmm.........Brings us back to "They don't trust me because of my middle name".Read the full story here.
- HT:Aina.CAIRing for the Muslim Brotherhood.The Egyptian regime of Hosni Mubarak is about to fall, and the leaders of the nation's most vocal Islamist group, CAIR, couldn't be happier. Is this sudden euphoria all about the bringing of "freedom" and "democracy" to the region, as they say it is, or is their happiness built out of something sinister? Given the radical background of these individuals, and given the background of the group itself, it is this author's opinion that the reason is the latter.On top of the homepage of the national website of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the following headline is read: "CAIR Asks Americans to Support Freedom in Egypt, Muslim World." The statement is an entirely innocuous one. However, it comes from a group that has known ties to terrorist organizations, including the Muslim Brotherhood, a group which stands to gain substantially from the unrest in Egypt.CAIR was founded in June 1994 by three leaders from the then-American propaganda wing of Hamas, the Islamic Association for Palestine (IAP). Upon CAIR's establishment, the group immediately fell under the umbrella of Mousa Abu Marzook's American Palestine Committee, of which the IAP was already a member. Marzook, at the time, was based in the United States as the global head of Hamas and a main cog of the Palestinian faction of the Muslim Brotherhood, from which Hamas sprang in 1987.The hierarchy of CAIR has changed little from its IAP days. The original Executive Director, Nihad Awad, is still the Executive Director, and the original Communications Director, Ibrahim Hooper, is still the Communications Director. Considering this, one can surmise that the Islamist ideology of the group has remained intact as well, and no evidence has been provided to show that this is not the case.This ideology is contained not only in the national organization, but also in its local chapters, where an innumerable amount of extremist statements and terror-related associations have been made and have been cultivated. So when leaders of these chapters discuss the riots in Egypt, as CAIR National has, in terms of "freedom" and "democracy," we would be negligent if we did not question the sincerity of the statements and their true motives.Ahmed Rehab is the Executive Director of CAIR-Chicago, one of CAIR's main local offices. According to him, for the next month he will be residing in the city which houses the global headquarters of the Muslim Brotherhood (MB) -- the place where CAIR gets its name from -- Cairo.While in Cairo, Rehab, who is originally from Egypt, has taken part in a number of demonstrations against the Mubarak government and has been blogging about his pseudo-peaceful experiences.Rehab's flowery language rings with the best of intentions. After reading his words, one could be left thinking that this individual dreams of an American-style liberty reaching Egypt's shores. That is, unless he/she is aware of Rehab's Islamist background, well past his association with the Hamas-related CAIR.Up until February 2006, on his personal website, Rehab referred to the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood, Hasan al-Banna, as a "Contemporary Muslim Intellectual who influenced me" and described MB icon Sayyid Qutb, who is considered by many to be the father of the modern Islamic extremist movement, as his "Favorite Modern Personality."In keeping in line with the vitriol MB has for the nation of Israel, Rehab has openly attacked the Jewish state. On his site, he wrote, "I hate Zionism," and about former President Harry S. Truman, whom he derogatorily refers to as "Harry S. Falseman," he stated that he was one of the "worst Presidents," because he was the "first to recognize Israel unjustly and unjustifiably."Given all of this, one can surmise that Ahmed Rehab's reasoning in flinging himself head-first into these protests, in a country half-way around the globe -- albeit the country he was born in -- has absolutely nothing to do with freedom and democracy for the people of Egypt. To the contrary, it has to do with getting the Muslim Brotherhood, a group whose members are routinely tortured, imprisoned and ostracized by the Mubarak government, into power.It has to do with throwing Hosni Mubarak, who is seen in the region as a key ally of Israel, out of power. It has to do with tearing down the fence that separates Egypt from Hamas in Gaza and tearing up any peace agreements that Egypt has with Israel. It has to do with bringing back the Islamic Kingdom or Caliphate that the Ikhwan (Brotherhood) believes was stolen from the Middle East by the West in the 1920s, which led to the creation of the Brotherhood.As Turkey's Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan once ominously stated, when comparing democracy to a street car, "You ride it until you arrive at your destination. Then you step off."The CAIR Car is just getting ready to be boarded.Read the full story here.
- CBO Director Says Obamacare Would Reduce Employment by 800,000 Workers.Testifying today before the House Budget Committee, Congressional Budget Office (CBO) Director Doug Elmendorf confirmed that Obamacare is expected to reduce the number of jobs in the labor market by an estimated 800,000. Here are excerpts from the exchange.Read the full story here.
- HT:Ross'sRightAngle.Islamonazi Threat – Jakarta’s Top Cop Sutarman says Officers ‘Will Shoot on Sight!’.Great news today from Jakarta’s Police Chief! Sutarman has set an outstanding example to the laggards and collaborators in other police forces with a declaration that if anyone attacked Ahmadis, ‘he had told his officers to shoot on sight.Well, glory be! Great day in the morning!At last a cop who cares, who is prepared to do his duty. After the miserable failure of Banten police even to point a gun at the Islamonazis who were hunting down and killing the Ahmadi martyrs, after the supine collaboration of the Sulawesi police who forcibly removed Ahmadis from their own building and let Islamonazis go rooting and looting in the consequently undefended premises, Sutarman’s words are a breath of fresh air. He also made it clear that he understands the role of an honest cop. The Ahmadis are ‘regular citizens and deserve to be protected by the state, regardless of belief.‘Religious interpretations of Ahmadiyah are not our problem. Our main concern is the public’s safety.’What a contrast to the wretched woman who holds the Governorship of Banten, where the sectarian swine slaughtered the Ahmadis only days ago.You’d think she would be consumed with shame that her fiefdom was infamous across the globe for the foul crimes of the Islamists, but does she echo Bali’s Governor (whom we reported a few days ago as calling on his men to shoot on sight anyone harming protected birds?)We observed then that religious minorities surely deserved at least as much protection in provinces like West Java, Central Java, and of course Banten.But did Ratu (which means ‘queen’ in Indonesian – a right royal pain, this one!) speak up, call on her citizens to extirpate the scum?If so, we didn’t hear her, but we did read the JP today, which tells us that her advice to solve the problem was for the Ahmadis to repent.Hmmmm......Lets not forget that "Indonesia is an example of religious tolerance"according to Obama.Read the full story here.
- German Börse in Talks to Buy the Big Board.The New York Stock Exchange, a symbol of American capitalism for more than two centuries, may soon have new owners — in Europe.The exchange, facing pressure from electronic upstarts that have taken business away from it, said on Wednesday that it was in advanced talks on a merger with the operator of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. A deal would create the world’s largest financial market, with a presence in 14 European countries as well as the United States.The joint statement by the two companies closely followed the announcement of an all-stock merger of the London Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange.The London Stock exchange holds a majority of 55%.The Canadian government said that it might step in requesting annulation of the merger if they don't agree.A merger would potentially let customers trade stocks in New York, options tied to those shares in Paris and derivatives linked to them in Frankfurt.Wednesday’s announcements will probably put additional pressure on smaller players, like the Nasdaq stock market, to seek additional partners to keep up.Hmmmm......Why the sudden epidemic of mergers?Read the full story here.
- EDL to go political.DailyStar: “In the Daily Star phone poll yesterday, 98% of readers said they agreed with the EDL’s policies.”THE English Defence League is set to break into mainstream politics with a bid to get MPs in Parliament.It wants to field official EDL candidates in national and council elections. The move is an attempt to increase the organisation’s political influence, just like the BNP under Nick Griffin. The party’s boss Tommy Robinson said: “We aren’t ruling it out. I think this country needs a party that’s not afraid to say things some would consider unpopular. “My hope is still that the Tories will take a tougher stance.“We are a single issue group and at the moment we would rather have a dialogue with the other political parties – but that could change.”Mr Robinson, 28, real name Stephen Lennon, whose group now has 74,000 Facebook followers, predicted the EDL would have more online supporters than the Tories, Labour and the Lib-Dems by the end of the year. He said the organisation’s main aim was to outlaw the Koran then adapt it to fit in with British society. He said the only way to do this would be to force Muslims to realise the words of their holy scriptures are outdated. He said: “They have got a responsibility to sort out their religion. They have to reform their religion so it fits in.” Mr Robinson also revealed that he wants to appear on BBC1’s Question Time. And the EDL boss said that, unlike bumbling BNP leader Nick Griffin, 51, he would be a surefire hit on the show.“Get me on Question Time. I’ll have 10,000 people turn up to support me.” Meanwhile a row was brewing last night over the EDL’s latest planned march, which officials claimed would cost £1million to police. The protest is planned for March 19 in Birmingham after two Muslim councillors refused to stand up in honour of a war hero at a ceremony.Hmmm......A new political party never hurts,just look at the tea party .Read the full story here.
- American Veterans more likely to be homeless, study says.Military veterans are much more likely to be homeless than other Americans, according to the government's first in-depth study of homelessness among former servicemembers.About 16% of homeless adults in a one-night survey in January 2009 were veterans, though vets make up only 10% of the adult population.More than 75,000 veterans were living on the streets or in a temporary shelter that night. In that year, 136,334 veterans spent at least one night in a homeless shelter — a count that did not include homeless veterans living on the streets.The urgency of the problem is growing as more people return from service in Iraq and Afghanistan. The study found 11,300 younger veterans, 18 to 30, were in shelters at some point during 2009. Virtually all served in Iraq or Afghanistan, said Mark Johnston, deputy assistant secretary for special needs at the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)."It's an absolute shame," he said.President Obama has set a goal of ending chronic homelessness of veterans and others by 2015.Of the 75,609 homeless veterans found on a single night in January 2009, 43% were living on the streets without shelter, and 57% were staying in an emergency shelter or transitional housing.Nearly half were in California, Texas, New York or Florida.Hmmmm......A terrible disgrace.Read the full story here.
- HT:Ross'sRightAngle.Central Java Top Cop – “Burning Christian Churches No Proof of Religious Hostility!”Rest assured that some of our local police are astute investigators.from today’s Jakarta Globe Temanggung, Central Java. The Central Java Police claimed on Wednesday that the attack a day earlier on two churches and a Christian school by Islamic hard-liners was not a religious conflict.Central Java Police Chief Insp. Gen. Edward Aritonang said the attack, which also saw two other buildings vandalized, was “purely an act of criminal vandalism.”He added the fact that the mob had targeted Christian buildings did not prove that they were hostile to the religion.Hmmmm......He must have heard Obama saying "Indonesia is an example of religious tolerance"?Read the full story here.
- HT:Ross'sRightAngle.Islamonazi FPI Threaten Ahmadiyah Orphanage, a Day After Bloody Sunday Martyrs Buried.Only 24 hours after the battered corpses of the three Ahmadis beaten and stabbed to death by the primitive pigs of Banten Province were laid to rest, 300 activists and sympathizers of the Islamic Defenders Front (FPI) in Tasikmalaya, West Java, staged triumphalist raids against Ahmadiyah property, including an orphanage.Readers may recall the scumbags only two months ago were screaming that the Ahmadi orphans’ home should be burned down.Ranting rhetoric encouraged the bigot mob as they swarmed through the streets of the Ciciarang district of Tasikmalaya yesterday afternoon, demanding the dissolution of Ahmadiyah.In actions which can only be likened to dancing on the graves of the Ahmadi martyrs, they threatened one building after another, claiming the premises had been ‘converted to places of worship.’And why shouldn’t the minority have a place to worship God as they choose? Faced by satanic persecution from the FPI and other primitives, prayer seems to be their best hope, for the authorities are still sticking to the policy enshrined in the tri-ministerial decree of 2008, which ‘froze’ their religious liberties.Rakyat Merdeka reports that when the sectarian rabble reached the Ciciarang intersection, about 100 meters away from the orphanage, the mob were blocked by police officers assisted by members of the TNI (Indonesian Armed Forces). The security forces diverted the rabble’s route. The FPI and their hangers-on then stopped to rant in the street, resulting in long traffic jams.The cretin crowd eventually headed for the former Ahmadiyya mosque on Jl Rhino Paeh, Singaparna, Tasikmalaya Regency, but with police also present there, the FPI hoodlums’ objectives were not to be achieved. Frustrated, the gangster group ended up at Tasikmalaya District Council where their ‘orations; consisted of demands that President SBY decree the dissolution of Ahmadiyah.Hmmmm........Obama "Islam is a great religion".Read the full story here.
- HT:Vladtepesblog.CBN: Somalis in Shelbyville & Nazi muslim cab driver runs over man who doesnt hate Jews.Meanwhile, Hitler-loving Muslim cab driver runs over man in row about Hitler. From the description at youtube : A Muslim Somali cab driver in Nashville TN, picks up two Christian college students, gets into a discussion about religion and tells them that Hitler was a “good man because he was trying to rid the world of Jews”. Nashville City Paper reports that when the students paid the cabby they expressed their disagreement and told him “If you’re going to live in a country like ours, you’re going to have to tolerate other people’s beliefs” This didn’t sit well with Mr. Ibrahim Ahmed, the cab driver, who then proceeded to run them down, hitting one, breaking his pelvis and leg.Hmmmm........Freedom of speech??Read and see the full story here.
- HT:NewZeal.On the Khalifah - Caliphate.Glenn Beck has been talking about the Islamic Caliphate of "Khalifah."Here are two circa 2008 BBC programs on the issue.Very revealing.Read and see the full story here.
- Turkish Headscarf issue once again in European Parliament report.In a surprise move the European Parliament (EP) has once again revealed its intention to mention the headscarf problem in Turkey in a report by Dutch Christian Democrat Ria Oomen-Ruijten. Despite the opposition of Oomen-Ruijten and the Christian Democrats, the largest group in the EP, the amendment by Dutch Socialist MEP Emine Bozkurt, who is of Turkish origin, was approved by a call roll vote of 37 to 31. Oomen-Ruijten -- who has called on Turkish authorities to respect and improve the religious freedom of minorities in Turkey in each and every report she has written on Turkey -- said she was not happy that Bozkurt's amendment was approved but added that she was not against the headscarf as long as it was chosen by women of their own free will. With another agreed amendment the EP stated its concern regarding the Turkish state's unwillingness to find the real perpetrators of Hrant Dink's murder.In her amendment Bozkurt said she “urges the main political parties to reach a solution on the headscarf ban in universities to counter the polarizing effects of the matter on Turkish society; this solution should be based on respect for the free choice of women.” Speaking to Today’s Zaman, Bozkurt said she was happy that the amendment was approved and hoped the other political parties, with the exception of the Christian Democrats, would keep up their support in the final vote on March 8.Despite Bozkurt’s happiness, Oomen-Ruijten said she was not happy with the reference to the headscarf as it was not a matter for the European Union to deal with. Asked whether she would support the amendment in the final vote, Oomen-Ruijten said she needed to negotiate both with the Socialists and her own group. However, she underlined that she was not against the headscarf if it was worn by women of their own free will.Hmmmmm......Given time Turkey will become a second Iran.Read the full story here.
- Hmmmm.......Here Comes Executive Order 6102 For The QE Generation: Dutch Central Bank Orders Pension Fund To Sell Its Gold.Perhaps the most stunning example of what may be in store for asset managers and pension funds (and possibly retail holders) who dare to challenge central bank monetary authority comes from the Netherlands, where we have just witnessed the 21st century equivalent of Executive Order 6102. The story in a nutshell (and as translated loosely from the primary source presented below): the glassworkers pension fund (SPVG) was ordered by De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB, or the equivalent of the Dutch central bank), that it has to sell the bulk of its gold assets. After the SPVG refused to comply with the order, the DNB went to court and the decision has come out, siding with the central bank, ordering the SPVG to sell the required gold within two months. The pension fund, which invests for 1142 employees, in late 2009 had gold bars worth 34.6 million euros, or about 1400 kilograms. The total fund assets amounted to 288 million euros at that time. The DNB argued gold is a commodity and holding 13 percent was overweight in comparison to the 2.7% average that pension funds are invested in commodities. DNB has found that such a large proportion of gold is inconsistent with the interests of the participants. SPVG sees gold as a medium of exchange, such as euros, but DNB believes that the price of gold fluctuates too much for it to be classified as an investment. Translation of the translation: the central bank has now directly ordered a fund how to allocate its gold assets, because it explicitly disagreed with the fund's statement that gold is money, claiming instead that it is nothing but a very volatile commodity. Very soon no pension funds in the Netherlands will be allowed to hold any amount of gold more than the merely nominal. This latest gold confiscation equivalent event is most certainly coming to a banana republic near you.Hmmmmm........Can you imagine what would happen if this is followed by other countries?Read the full story here.