Tuesday, February 8, 2011
- Egypt volatile situation : - Al Jazeera English - Live Streams From Egypt ! Here .
- Egypt protests on Twitter! here.
- Liveblog - Egypt's protests erupt. here.
- VP: Egypt has plan for power transfer.Suleiman says 'clear road map has been put in place with a set timetable to realize the peaceful and organized transfer of power.' Government won't pursue protestors who have been demanding President Mubarak step down immediately, he adds. Egypt has a plan and timetable for the peaceful transfer of power, the vice president said on Tuesday, adding that the government will not pursue protesters who have been demanding President Hosni Mubarak step down now. "The president welcomed the national consensus, confirming that we are putting our feet on the right path to getting out of the current crisis," Vice President Omar Suleiman said after a briefing with the president on the national dialogue meeting. "A clear road map has been put in place with a set timetable to realize the peaceful and organized transfer of power," he said in comments broadcast on state television."The president welcomed the national consensus, confirming that we are putting our feet on the right path to getting out of the current crisis," Suleiman said in comments broadcast by state television, after briefing Mubarak on the talks.Read the full story here.
- John McCain on the Dangers of the Muslim Brotherhood.'They Should Be Excluded from any Transition Government'.In a SPIEGEL interview, Republican senator and former presidential candidate John McCain, 74, discusses the United States' Middle East policies and his fears of a role for the Muslim Brotherhood in the country's transition to democracy.Read the full story here.
- HT:The BiBiReport.ex-CIA Agent Reveals: “Muslim Brotherhood” has infiltrated Obama Administration.Islamist-allied operatives appointed by Obama are undermining U.S. security policy – explains counter-Intelligence expert, Prof. Clare Lopez. Aimed at co-opting Americas foreign policy in the Middle East, a network including well-known American diplomats, congressional representatives, figures from academia and the think tank world – with ties to the clerical regime in Tehran – is directing the Obama Administration’s policy towards the Islamic Republic of Iran and the Middle East.Hmmmm.......Nooooo... really?He could have fooled me.Not!Read and see the full story here.
- Muslims to Be Congressional Hearings’ Main Focus.The new chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee said Monday that he planned to call mostly Muslim and Arab witnesses to testify in hearings next month on the threat of homegrown Islamic terrorism. “I believe it will have more of an impact on the American people if they see people who are of the Muslim faith and Arab descent testifying,” Mr. King said. The hearings, which Mr. King said would start the week of March 7, have provoked an uproar from both the left and the right. The left has accused Mr. King of embarking on a witch hunt. The right has accused him of capitulation for calling Muslims like Representative Keith Ellison, Democrat of Minnesota, to testify while denying a platform to popular critics of Islamic extremism like Steven Emerson, Frank Gaffney, Daniel Pipes and Robert Spencer. As the hearings approach, the reaction from Muslim groups — initially outraged — has evolved into efforts to get Mr. King to enlarge the scope of the hearings beyond Muslims. They want to use the forum to reinforce the notion that the potential for terrorist violence among American Muslims is very marginal and very isolated.“If you put every single Muslim in the U.S. in jail, it wouldn’t have stopped Jared Loughner,” Mr. Ellison said, referring to the man accused of opening fire on an Arizona congresswoman and her constituents. “It wouldn’t have stopped the young man who killed his classmates at Virginia Tech. It wouldn’t have stopped the bombing in Oklahoma City or the man who killed a guard at the Holocaust Museum in Washington.” But Mr. King dismissed this line of criticism, saying: “I totally reject that. That, to me, is political correctness at its worst. If we included these other violent events in the hearings, we’d be sending the false signal that we think there’s a security threat equivalency between Al Qaeda and the neo-Nazi movement, or Al Qaeda and gun groups. There is none.”Mr. King added, “I’m not going to dilute the hearings by including other extremists.” In fact, he said he planned to hold three or four more hearings this year on topics like the radicalization of Muslims in prisons and Saudi financing for American mosques. He said the only witness he had settled on for certain of the three he would call in the first hearing was Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, a doctor from Arizona and an American military veteran who has little following among Muslims but has become a favorite of conservatives for his portrayal of American Muslim leaders as radical Islamists.The report said, “In some communities, Muslim-Americans have been so concerned about extremists in their midst that they have turned in people who turned out to be undercover informants.” Hmmmm......Yup thats why CAIR started with their "Don't talk to the FBI poster action"?Read the full story here.
- HT:SultanKnish.Presidential Boots Too Big To Fill.Bill Clinton showed up on Time Magazine covers often enough, but never disguised as another American president. But so far Time has presented us with a cover picture of Obama in FDR drag and another one of Reagan embracing Obama. Before the big O's term is done, we may well be treated to another cover of Obama playing basketball with Andrew Jackson on the cover of Newsweek or in bed in the Lincoln Bedroom with Abe Lincoln for Time's last print issue.Back in the 90's, Time's editors seemed to think that Clinton could stand on his own without dressing him up as any other president. But Obama needs constant disguising. Dress him up like FDR or stick him next to Reagan, before people notice that he really can't stand on his own. The constant parallels are meant to emphasize that Obama is a historic figure in the most hamhanded way possible. But the very attempts to make Obama look historic reveal something else entirely.Obama is not Reagan. He's not FDR or even JFK. He hardly even qualifies as Carter. The media has been so busy dressing him up as what he isn't, that even they have no idea of what he really is. In the 90's, Time knew who Clinton was. But they have no real idea who Obama is, behind the curtain of race, the veil of liberalism, all the distractions and diversions, are more of the same. Obama is a hall of mirrors. His image is a reflection of all the posters, slogans and flattering articles directed his way. Not a man, but a meta-image with more in common with Ronald McDonald or Mickey Mouse, than Ronald Reagan or FDR. And an image can't fill a real president's boots.Hmmmm......As i often said "A make believe World".Read the full story here.
- VMI Islamic Conference Grant and the Middle East Funding Connection.Let’s follow the money trail behind Virginia Military Institute’s plans to host a “celebration” commemoration of the Islamic conquest of Spain.Previously, Patrick Poole exposed the planned March 23-25 “celebration” entitled “711 AD – 2011: East Meets West” organized by the Virginia Military Institute’s (VMI) Center for Leadership and Ethics. Then he exposed the VMI cover-up, showing that in response to public criticism, the VMI had already changed its language regarding the event on its website. Originally the event was to “celebrate” the 1300th anniversary of “Tariq ibn Ziyad’s crossing of the Straits of Gibraltar” – in fact ushering in nearly eight centuries of oppressive Islamic rule in Spain – while the new version uses the word “commemoration” instead of “celebrate”.That’s “commemoration” from the Latin commemorationem, meaning “to call to mind.”So commemorate this: let’s call to mind the money trail behind the conference, and follow it to a much bigger set of questions for VMI and their funders discovered in an interesting little program at the Department of Defense, whose primary administrators and advisers are the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and the Politburo of Communist China. And the trail gets even more interesting after that.Hmmm.....An indoctrination in the US?Read the full story here.
- HT:LogisticsMonster.Video : Frank Luntz Focus Group: ‘Obama Is A Muslim’.Yep, pretty sensational question to ask, but more importantly, this focus group of Iowa Republican caucus voters understands how inept the current pResident is when it comes to just about any issue. This segment covers Egypt, the Muslim Brotherhood, Obama’s ‘religion’ of liberalism, and asks why Obama is so ashamed of America.Hmmm......I agree with the Monster it will take decades to undo the damage he inflicted to America.Read and see the full story here.
- HT:TheAmericanDream.4 Ways Barack Obama And The Federal Reserve Are Destroying Our Long-Term Economic Future For Their Short-Term Gain.Many people have been stumped as they have attempted to find a coherent theme in Barack Obama's economic policies. But the truth is that what the Obama administration is trying to do is not that difficult to figure out. Just like so many other previous administrations, the Obama administration is motivated by self-preservation. All of Barack Obama's economic policies are designed to produce a short-term economic burst that will help him win the next election in 2012, and the Federal Reserve has been cooperating every step of the way. Perhaps the Federal Reserve is motivated by self-preservation as well. The American people are becoming extremely disenfranchised with the Federal Reserve, and so those inside the Fed likely realize that they better get the economy on track or face even more scrutiny. In any event, Obama and the Fed are working together to do whatever they can to improve the short-term economic situation. Unfortunately, everything that they are doing is making our long-term economic problems even worse. But Barack Obama and the Federal Reserve are not really concerned with what is going to happen down the road. What the Obama administration and the Federal Reserve are concerned about is protecting their rear ends in the here and now.So exactly what are some of the things that Barack Obama and the Federal Reserve have been doing that are boosting the economy in the short-term but that are destructive to our economy in the long-term?Well, the following are just a few examples....Read the full story here.
- White House Says It Will Implement ObamaCare Despite Judge's Declaration that His Ruling Against It Is 'Equivalent of Injunction'.White House Spokesman Robert Gibbs told CNSNews.com today that the administration will "rightly" continue to implement the Obamacare law even though the federal judge who sided with 26 states in declaring it unconstitutional said that his ruling was “the functional equivalent of an injunction” against the law.In his ruling last week, Judge Roger Vinson of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida wrote that in his opinion an injunction is an extraordinary measure, particularly when a ruling is against the federal government.The ruling said an injunction would be an extraordinary measure. “It is even more so when the party to be enjoined is the federal government, for there is a long-standing presumption ‘that officials of the Executive Branch will adhere to the law as declared by the court. As a result, the declaratory judgment is the functional equivalent of an injunction,’” it said.However, Gibbs said that other court rulings were in the administration’s favor.“There are many courts that have heard many cases on this. More than 12 have dismissed the case,” he told CNSNews.com. “Two have ruled in our favor as to its constitutionality. Two have ruled against us. Implementation of the health care bill rightly continues to move forward as the law of the land.”Hmmmm......Welcome to Dictator Obama's law?Read the full story here.
- Michelle Obama throws her weight behind campaign to get smaller (and healthier) portions for children at restaurants.Michelle Obama has set her sights on the nation's restaurants in her fight against childhood obesity in America. The First Lady wants them to serve smaller portions to youngsters and include vegetables, milk and apple slices - instead of fries and fizzy drinks.Mrs Obama admits she loves unhealthy foods like burgers, ice cream and cake, but she is determined to end child obesity in a generation.Tomorrow she will begin a three-day blitz to spotlight her Let’s Move! initiative which aims to teach children how to increase their daily physical exercise.It also pushes for schools to offer more healthy meals and calls on food companies to label nutritional information more accurately.Hmmmmm.......The Terminator versus the Baconeater?Anything typically American must be terminated?I think it's time that Big Mac takes a Lawyer.Read the full story here.
- Indonesian Mob Burns Churches, Attack Police.Hundreds of Islamic hard-liners stormed a courthouse and set two churches on fire Tuesday in central Indonesia to protest what they considered a lenient sentence for a Christian convicted of blaspheming Islam.Antonius Richmond Bawengan, 58, was found guilty of distributing books and leaflets that "spread hatred about Islam" and sentenced to five years for blasphemy.Islamic hard-liners shouted during the rioting that the man should have received the death penalty. Anti-riot police fired into the air to disperse the crowd.Witnesses said at least nine people were rushed to the hospital with injuries and police led away some protesters for questioning.The mob set two churches on fire and threw rocks at a third and a school building. They also torched a police truck, three cars and six motorcycles.Hmmmm......Obama "Indonesia is an example of religious tolerance".Read the full story here.
- HT:TheStrategyPage.Navy's X-47B First unmanned Flight.The Northrop Grumman-built US Navy X-47B Unmanned Combat Air System Demonstration (UCAS-D) aircraft successfully completed its first flight at Edwards Air Force Base, California. Taking off under hazy skies, the X-47B climbed to an altitude of 5,000 feet, flew several racetrack-type patterns, and landed safely at 2:38 p.m. PST, February 4th 2011. Read and see the full story here.
- Netanyahu: Egypt could follow Iran.Bibi says Egypt may turn into new Iran, radicalize in wake of political upheaval. PM tells European parliamentarians they too are threatened by Tehran's missiles, says West has trouble recognizing fanaticism hiding behind suit and tie.Egypt may follow in Iran's footsteps, oppress its own people and threaten neighboring countries, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Monday at the European Friends of Israel conference held at the Knesset.The PM said that various potential scenarios exist in Egypt at this time, beyond the liberal democratic models – including secular reforms, an Islamist takeover, or Egypt following the Iran example."I don't know what will happen in Egypt, but our interest is clear," he said, making note of the peace treaty with Cairo, which he said "brought quiet to the south and stability to the region."The prime minister also warned European parliamentarians on hand about the danger inherent in Iran's attempts to acquire a nuclear bomb. He said that the events in Egypt were minor compared to a "greater earthquake that may shock the region and the entire world" in case Iran develops nukes. Netanyahu noted that Iran is already sending its tentacles worldwide, saying: "This is what they're doing without nuclear weapons. Imagine what they'll do with them."On the same topic, the PM stressed that Europe too was in Iran's sights. "Today already Iran possesses missiles that can reach Israel. Why do they continue to boost the range of their missiles, you ask? In order to reach you." Netanyahu urged the visitors not to underestimate the Iranian threat, adding that the West at times finds it difficult to recognize fanaticism when it hides behind a suit and tie.Hmmmm.....The trouble with extremists is ,they can't stop bragging about what they will do once they have the weapons they need.Read the full story here.
- Iran Extends Enforcement Of Islamic Penal Code, Including Stoning.Iranian President Mahmud Ahmadinejad has extended for another year enforcement of the Islamic Penal Code that mandates punishments that include stoning.Ahmadinejad on February 6 issued a notification to extend enforcement of the code until March 2012, the beginning of the Iranian new year, following ratification by the Iranian parliament in December 2010. Lashing, amputation of hands, and stoning to death are among the punishments permitted under the code.The Islamic Penal Code was originally ratified by the parliament's Legal and Judicial Commission in 1982 and passed by the top legislative body, the Guardian Council, for an experimental period of five years. Since its revision in 1991, the law's experimental implementation has been repeatedly extended.According to Iran's constitution, the experimental implementation of a law is approved by parliamentary commissions and is never debated by all lawmakers. Such laws are not permanent.He said this shows the Iranian regime is incapable of making laws compatible with today's social conditions.He said Iran's Islamic punishment law has never helped prevent crime, but rather has incited violence in its severest form.Read the full story here.
- Islamist Rebel Doku Umarov Says He Ordered Russian Bombing.Islamist rebel leader Doku Umarov has claimed responsibility for the deadly suicide bombing at Moscow's Domodedovo airport last month.The bomb ripped through the crowded international arrivals hall, killing 36 people and wounding more than 150 others. About 60 people injured in the attack remain hospitalized.Umarov spoke softly and hesitantly in the video, posted late on February 7 by the Islamist website kavkazcenter.com.His message, however, was chilling: "This special operation was carried out on my order. God willing, such special operations will continue to be carried out in the future.""Among us there are hundreds of brothers who are prepared to sacrifice themselves" in further attacks, he added in the video, which appears to have been shot on the day of the January 24 Domodedovo bombing.The video comes just days after the self-styled emir of the Caucasus appeared in a separate video on the same website.In the February 5 footage, Umarov vowed 2011 would be a year of "blood and tears" for Russia if it refused to withdraw from the North Caucasus territories.Umarov, who has evaded capture for almost two decades, and his followers seek to establish an independent Muslim state governed by Shari'a law in the volatile region,The bearded 46-year-old took over the helm of the Chechen rebel movement in June 2006 after his predecessor, Abdul-Khalim Sadulayev, was slain by Russian forces.His group has claimed a string of deadly attacks in the past, including a twin suicide bombing on Moscow's subway last March that left 40 people dead.Read the full story here.
- Netherlands Recalling Its Iran Ambassador Over Bahrami Killing.The Netherlands is recalling its ambassador to Iran for consultations over the death of a Dutch-Iranian woman while in Iranian custody and the failure of the authorities to return her body to her family.The Dutch foreign ministry said the ambassador would return to The Hague on February 10. Iran's ambassador would also be summoned shortly to the Dutch foreign ministry.According to postings on Iranian blogs and news websites, Bahrami actually died while being tortured during interrogation by Iranian authorities. Those reports could not be independently confirmed. She was buried some 400 kilometers away from Tehran and her family could not attend the funeral.Read the full story here.
- HT:KleinVerzet.Wilders Trial - Day 10.Today was the first day of the second half of the Wilders trial. Today's session was a preliminary session, in which both sides could explain to the court how they would like to proceed. DutchNews.nl gives a short brief with the key points.Wilders' lawyer Bram Moszkowicz said he wanted to start the whole process from scratch. The public prosecution department said it is not in favour of going right back to the beginning but would agree to the defence's wishes. After a bit of back and forth the prosecution agreed to hear judge Schalken, but only behind closed doors, without cameras. To the surprise of one of the judges (!) it was revealed that Schalken in not a suspect in the case brought against him by Wilders.The most powerful moment came when Geert Wilders took the word and gave what probably will be known henceforth as the 'All over Europe the lights are going out'-speech. Ferdy sent me a transcript. I made a quick translation, including the presiding judges remarks at the end.One thing to explain: The 'preliminary defence' referred to at the end is the plea that argues that the prosecutors don't have grounds for prosecution. This is based on some technical legal stuff I admittedly only half understand. But as I understand it, it amounts to an argument that what Wilders is accused of falls outside of the scope of the articles of law under which he has been charged. Additionally, given Wilders' status as an MP the Amsterdam court does not have the authority to hear the case against Wilders. Hence the court should summarily reject the case. Obviously that is not the same as being acquitted. But it would be a vindication nonetheless, because it would mean that the case Geert Wilders was without grounds, in a legal sense, to begin with.Anyway, here's my translation of Ferdy's transcript.Hmmmm......"All over Europe the lights are going out".Where have i heard this before?Churchill - The Defence of Freedom and Peace."(The Lights are Going Out) .Broadcast to the United States and to London by Winston S. Churchill .Actually, the quote is originally from Edward Grey, spoken on the eve of WW1, August 3rd, 1914.Indeed Europe and the free world is again under assault !
Are we at the dawn of the next World War?Read the full story here.