Friday, January 28, 2011
HT:Memri. Hassan Chalghoumi, Imam of the Drancy Mosque, Paris, Against the Niqab: "We Have Become a Religion of Extremism, Which Denies Women Their Rights" Source.
- Egypt volatile situation : President Mobarak adress the nation live - Al Jazeera English - Live Streams From Egypt ! Here .
- Egypt protests on Twitter! here.
- Liveblog - Egypt's protests erupt. here.
- Egyptian government on last legs, says ElBaradei.The Egyptian dissident Mohamed ElBaradei warned President Hosni Mubarak today that his regime is on its last legs, as tens of thousands of people prepared to take to the streets for a fourth day of anti-government protests.The Nobel peace prize winner's comments to the Guardian represented his strongest intervention against the country's authoritarian government since he announced his intention to return to Egypt to join the protests. "I'm sending a message to the Guardian and to the world that Egypt is being isolated by a regime on its last legs," he said.His words marked an escalation of the language he used on arrival in Cairo last night, when he merely urged the Mubarak government to "listen to the people" and not to use violence.ElBaradei has been criticised by some Egyptians for the late return to his homeland, two days after the protests began – hundreds of people have already been arrested and exposed to the brutal tactics of the security services. But ElBaradei was keen to stress his solidarity with the protesters."There is of course a risk to my safety today, but it's a risk worth taking when you see your country in such a state you have to take risks," he said. "I will be with the people today."Hmmmm.....So far the declarations of the Muslim Brotherhood's spokes person?Read the full story here.
- Related :Egypt Nobel laureate ElBaradei under house arrest(AP).Mohamed ElBaradei, the Nobel Peace laureate who returned to his Egyptian homeland to participate in anti-government protests, has been placed under house arrest by security officials, according to a report by the Associated Press.Police have warned ElBaradei that he cannot leave his house in suburban Cairo to join demonstrators in the city.Earlier, police used water cannons and batons against ElBaradei during prior protest marches.Upon arrival in Egypt yesterday, ElBaradei told reporters “it is a critical time in the life of Egypt. I wish we didn’t have to go into the streets to impress upon the regime that they have to change.”The government warned that will take "decisive measures" to quell the uprising. At least seven people have died in the protests and about 1,000 have been arrested.
Hmmmm.......This won't go as easy as TunesiaRead the full story here.
- 2 killed in Egyptian clashes, ElBaradei under house arrest.One woman killed in Cairo, another man shot to death in Suez in latest round of protests; ElBaradei arrested after hiding in mosque; Egyptian gov't imposes curfew, orders army reinforcement as violent clashes continue.At least two people were killed on Friday in mass Egyptian protests against the government. One woman was killed in Cairo, and another man was shot to death in Suez.The Egyptian government imposed a curfew from 6 pm to 7 am on Friday, in the cities of Cairo, Alexandria, and Suez after violent demonstrations there.The decree was handed down by Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak who ordered the Egyptian army to give reinforcement to police to quell the protests, reported al-Jazeera.Also Friday, police placed Nobel Peace laureate Mohamed ElBaradei under house arrest. Earlier, after joining the latest round of protests, ElBaradei and his supporters were forced to hide inside a mosque while hundreds of riot police laid siege to it, firing tear gas in the streets around so no one could leave.One of the leaders of the opposition, Ayman Nour of the "El-Ghad" movement, also sustained a head injury from a stone, said al-Jazeera.Friday's protests saw tens of thousands of anti-government demonstrators pouring into the streets of Egypt, stoning and confronting police who fired back with rubber bullets and tear gas in the most violent and chaotic scenes yet in the challenge to President Hosni Mubarak's 30-year rule.Hmmmm....."ElBaradei and his supporters" read "ElBaradei and the muslim brotherhood?Read the full story here.
- Protests jolt Egypt's stock market to second biggest drop in history.CAIRO: Egypt's main EGX 30 index closed 10.52 percent lower on Thursday, at 5,646.5 points, its second sharpest drop in history.Suspended trading early in the day for 40 minutes, when the index was down 6.24 percent at 5,916.74 points, and then resumed trading at 11:30.Minutes later the benchmark index dipped lower to 8 percent and then to more than 10.72 percent before starting to pick up slowly, ending the day 10.52 percent lower.Upon reopening Thursday morning with a steep decline, a trader at CI Capital said, "It is a panic," referring to investors' sell-off in the market.Mohamed Elzayat, analyst at CI Capital, said, "Big investors, hedge funds and institutions are less nervous than retail investors."In total, 1.1 billion in volume was traded on the market, said CI Capital's head of research Mona Mansour.By the end of the day, total market capitalization reached LE 406.9 billion, according to the stock exchange website. The market has lost more than $10 billion.The Egyptian pound also continues its slide, falling to 5.854 against the green back, Mansour noted. The day before it closed at 5.8300 against the US dollar, the lowest since January 2005.In total this week the market lost nearly 40 Billion Dollar.Hmmmm....If they think the Muslim Brotherhood will solve unemployment in Egypt think again.Read the full story here.
- Obama Administration Lifts US Ban on Muslim Brotherhood Leader.The Barack Obama administration has decided to lift a ban preventing Muslim Scholar Professor Tariq Ramadan from entering the United States. Ramadan, an Egyptian currently living in Switzerland, is a leading member of Europe’s Muslim Brotherhood branch and the grandson of the movement’s founder Hassan al-Banna. The Muslim Brotherhood is the parent organization for Hamas and some of the groups that recently merged into al-Qaeda, including Ayman al Zawahiri’s Egyptian Islamic Jihad.Ramadan was invited to teach at the University of Notre Dame in 2004 but the George W. Bush administration revoked his visa, citing a statute that applies to those who have “endorsed or espoused” terrorism. The administration later dropped the terror endorsement claim and linked the ban to $1,336 in donations Ramadan made between 1998 and 2002 to a Swiss charity that was later blacklisted by the US.Although the White House asked the court last March to uphold the Bush-era entry ban on Ramadan, the administration has now decided to lift the ban and possibly allow both Ramadan and South African Muslim activist Professor Adam Habib onto American soil. State Department spokesman Philip Crowley told reporters that the government no longer views Ramadan or Habib as representing threats to the United States. “The next time Professor Ramadan or Professor Habib apply for a visa, they will not be found inadmissible on the basis of the facts that led to denial when they last applied.”Hmmmm.....Anyone still doubting who Obama supports in Egypt?And why he has not called Mubarak?Read the full story here.
- Obama Monitors Situation in Egypt.Al Jazeera: Obama doesn't support Mubarak ,no direct talks.President Barack Obama is closely monitoring the growing protests in Egypt, where thousands of people have taken to the streets to denounce the 30-year rule of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, a White House official said this morning.At the State Department, spokesman P.J. Crowley expressed “deep concern” after Mr. Mubarak shut down the Internet and mobile phone service in Cairo. On his Twitter account, Mr. Crowley wrote: “Events unfolding in #Egypt are of deep concern. Fundamental rights must be respected, violence avoided and open communications allowed.”The remarks mark a shift since Thursday when Mr. Obama, at a YouTube town hall meeting, said Mr. Mubarak has been a strong ally of the U.S. “But I’ve always said to him that making sure that they are moving forward on reform — political reform, economic reform — is absolutely critical to the long-term well being of Egypt,” Mr. Obama said. He also said the government and protesters should be careful about resorting to violence and clamping down on free speech. “I think that it is very important that people have mechanisms in order to express legitimate grievance,” he said.Hmmmm....Obama is not to be seen or heard,the Commander in Chief in hiding,did he even take the 3 Am call?Read the full story here.
- HT:Memri.Ayatollah Ahmad Khatami in Friday Sermon: A New Islam-Based Middle East Is In the Making. Unrest Is Aftershock of 1979 Islamic Revolution in Iran.In his sermon today, Tehran interim Friday prayer leader Ayatollah Seyyed Ahmad Khatami said that in contrast to the U.S.'s dream of a new Middle East under its domination, a new Middle East based on Islamic principles is now taking shape. Stating that the popular uprisings in the Arab world herald the creation of "an Islamic Middle East" based on the religion and religious democracy – in contrast to claims by former U.S. secretary of state Condoleezza Rice that a new Middle East would be developed under the leadership of the U.S. and Israel – he underlined that this ongoing unrest is the aftershock of the 1979 Islamic Revolution in Iran.He added that the recent uprisings in the Arab world have Islamic support, as people poured into the streets with the slogan of "Allahu Akhbar (Allah is the Greatest)."Referring to the ongoing rallies in Yemen, he said that such developments are inspired by the Islamic Revolution in Iran. He also noted that Tunisians were holding their first Friday prayers since the departure of their dictator to demonstrate the Islamic Revolution's influence on their protests.Hmmmmm.....Obama "Islam is a Great Religion.Read the full story here.
- Obama eyes unfolding events in Egypt.President Barack Obama has requested "multiple briefings" on the unfolding crisis in Egypt, where thousands of demonstrators were clashing with security forces, White House spokesman Tommy Vietor said Friday.Obama has not called Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak -- the target of the protesters' anger -- "but there is daily contact between the U.S. and Egyptian governments through various channels, including the embassies and other organizations in which Obama's messages and concerns are relayed," Vietor said.Obama has urged the government and demonstrators to refrain from violence as protests continued."It is very important that people have mechanisms in order to express legitimate grievances," he said this week.Vice President Joe Biden told PBS NewsHour on Thursday that Mubarak should listen to protesters. He also said the embattled Egyptian president is no dictator.Still, he said "violence isn't appropriate and people have a right to protest.""This is an important time for the government to demonstrate its responsiveness to the people of Egypt in recognizing those universal rights," Gibbs said.Hmmmm....How about Christians their rights in that region?Read and see the full story here.
- HT:Aina.Khomeini's Return?What happened in Tunisia apparently hasn't stayed in Tunisia. Reportedly organized via the website Facebook, 90,000 Egyptians agreed to demonstrate in a "National Day of Wrath" on Police Day, an Egyptian national holiday. Demonstrators marched in Alexandria, the Nile Delta cities of Mansura and Tanta, and the southern cities of Aswan and Assiut, witnesses reported. Thousands massed in the capital city of Cairo, congregating at the central Tahrir (Liberation) Square on Tuesday chanting, "Down with Hosni Mubarak, down with the tyrant. We don't want you!" All across the Muslim world turmoil is erupting -- Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon, and now Yemen. The frightening possibility is that, rather than being a force for liberation, these regional protests may in fact be undermining democracy by imperiling pro-Western allies one-by-one and fertilizing the soil for Khomeini-like Islamic factions to gain power and sow their killing fields. It could be the Iranian Revolution of 1979 all over again in these nations, and if it is, it represents a horrific scenario for Western and Israeli interests -- as well as for the people who will find themselves the victims of the Islamist bloodbaths that will by necessity ensue.Despite claims by the Interior Ministry that the Muslim Brotherhood, Egypt's largest opposition group (although legally banned), is to blame for the mobilization, the Evening Standard of London is reporting that another opposition group, Sixth of April Youth, was responsible for the uprising. "Tomorrow, don't go to work. Don't go to college. We will all go down to the streets and stand hand in hand for you, our Egypt. We will be millions," one activist wrote on its website. As in Tunisia, where protesters were apparently inspired by the death of a poor Tunisian vegetable vendor who set himself on fire to protest corruption, Egyptians were reportedly aroused in similar fashion by the killing of Khaled Said, a young Egyptian who was reportedly beaten to death by two policemen in Alexandria last year.Rising food prices are contributing to the country's woes as well, a reality reflected by Sami Imam, a 53-year-old retired teacher who took part in Tuesday's protests. "I have not visited the butcher in six months," he said. Mr. Imam also said something that might encapsulate the reason why so many Egyptians, who have long feared the legendary brutality of Egypt's 1.4 million strong security forces, took to the streets: "The police cannot kill us because we, to all practical purposes (sic), are already dead."That sentiment seems to reflect the current reality which some in the media are referring to as a "tipping point," the "crossing of a psychological barrier" or a "domino effect" in a country where protests have usually drawn no more than a few hundred people at any one time. Yet the government itself may have played an integral part in allowing the demonstrations to gain momentum: according to Reuters, several police officers reported they were "under orders not to force a confrontation." It is speculated that the Egyptian authorities did not want "an escalation as in Tunisia, where a rising number of deaths and casualties only served to fire up protesters."Democracyjournal.org illuminates a possible way out with respect to Egypt, but one which may also prove effective in dealing with whatever governments finally emerge in all three nations. The journal offers a strategy that consists of a two-pronged approach: "positive conditionality," in which military assistance provided by the U.S. would require quid pro quo political reform; and "answering the Islamic question," by which the Obama administration would signal a willingness to deal with the hard-line, anti-American factions (including Islamist groups), "as long as they fulfill the conditions of renouncing violence and committing to the rules of the democratic game."In other words, the carrot and the stick. But the carrot and stick need to be maneuvered with the kind of skill in foreign affairs that the Obama administration has yet to demonstrate to any degree of aptitude. There are no easy answers here, but if history is truly being made, it behooves this administration to get on the right side of it. Countries which have been allies are suddenly question marks, and the alternative "answer" is obvious: with Hezbollah in charge, Lebanon is effectively an Iranian proxy. On Facebook there is already a site calling itself the "Tunisian-Iranian Solidarity Network." Egypt? Time will tell--but time is not on America's side with respect to any of these upheavals. It is urgently important that Obama gauges the mistakes made by Carter in losing Iran to Khomeini in 1979, and to do all he can to avoid Iran all over again in the Middle East in 2011 and after.Hmmmmm........Obama ....do you hear him warning the Muslim Brotherhood?Read the full story here.
- Kuwaiti ruler grants $4 bn, free food to citizens.KUWAIT CITY (AFP) – Kuwait's Emir Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad al-Sabah on Monday ordered the distribution of $4 billion and free food for 14 months to citizens as the oil-rich emirate prepares to mark national occasions.Each of the 1.12 million native citizens will get 1,000 dinars ($3,572) in cash as well as free essential food items until March 31, 2012, the KUNA news agency cited state minister for cabinet affairs Rudhan al-Rudhan as saying.The Gulf state, whose financial assets top $300 billion, will next month mark the 50th anniversary of independence, 20th anniversary of liberation from Iraqi occupation and the fifth anniversary of the emir's ascendance to power.The announcement was made following an overnight meeting of the cabinet. The 2.4 million foreign residents of Kuwait are excluded from the grant and the free food.The fifth largest OPEC producer has posted budget surpluses in each of the past 11 fiscal years, totalling more than $140 billion, and is also headed for another healthy surplus this year thanks to rising oil price.The government has made similar but smaller grants in the past.The Gulf Arab state provides a cradle-to-grave welfare system to its citizens who receive most public services and petrol at heavily subsidised prices and pay no income tax.Some 80 percent of Kuwait's 360,000-strong national workforce are employed in government jobs, where the average monthly wage is more than $3,500.Hmmm.....Fear is a powerfull motive?Read the full story here.
- HT:Memri.In New Audio Message, Al-Qaeda Deputy Commander Sa'id Al-Shihri Calls Iran, U.S. Practical Allies Against Sunnis. Calls For Immediate Arming Of Every Sunni To Face Shi'ite Threat. Openly Endorses Gaza Salafist And Abdallah Azzam Brigade.In a new audio message posted on the Shumukh Al-Islam forum by the Al-Malahim media company, which is the media wing of Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), Al-Qaeda deputy commander and former Guantanamo detainee Abu Sufyan Al-Azdi (aka Sa'id Al-Shiri) speaks about the imminent, Iran-driven Shi'ite threat to Sunni Muslims in the region, with a special reference to the Houthis in Southern Yemen, and notes that Iran's and the U.S.'s shared agenda to eliminate the threat of the Sunnis (ahl al-sunna) has made them allies in practice.Read the full story here.
- HT:AmericanThinker.Sharks Are Not Misunderstood Dolphins, and Islam Is Not a Religion of Peace.I've often been told rumors from very old, wise people about a time, long before I was born, when "Saturday Night Live" was both funny and relevant. It's hard to believe, but in those unimaginably distant days deep into the past, Chevy Chase played a Land Shark who wore various disguises in attempts to break into people's apartments and eat them. When subterfuge and gimmicks failed, he just lied and told various idiots he was a dolphin.Whenever there's a new Islamic terrorist attack somewhere in the world (and that's somewhat redundantly phrased because just about the only terrorist attacks that occur in this world are Islamic, unless of course you have heard of murder sprees the Amish and Buddhists often go on whenever someone draws a cartoon they don't like or names a dog after a self-proclaimed prophet they revere...oh wait, no, those are Muslims who do that, as usual...never mind), I always think of this dusty old SNL skit. The American media deliberately plays the role of stunned bystander shocked that there really was a Land Shark at the door.The idiots. No matter how many times the delusional fools in the American media try to convince you otherwise, sharks are not misunderstood dolphins, and Islam is not a religion of peace.When a Muslim commits an act of mass-murdering terrorism, in contrast, the left does not camp out in front of the shooter/assassin/bomber's home and scrutinize every person he ever in his life came in contact with and blame them all for his actions. Instead, the media personalities report on acts of terrorism the way they do shark attacks. When great whites gobble a surfer or menace a beach somewhere, the media runs footage of vacationers running screaming from the water, family members of the victims shocked and in tears huddled together by the lifeguard station, and plenty of stock footage of ambulances racing to hospitals with helicopters overhead surveying the carnage. No effort is made to track down the family of the sharks responsible for the attacks, and not much effort at all is made to get inside the mind of the sharks to figure out why they did what they did, or to pretend Governor Palin was behind it after all, just as everyone in the media suspected. Palin is behind everything, you know, except the things the media likes, which she's singlehandedly responsible for making less likable just because she's breathing. Always breathing, somewhere, living rent-free in the media's nightmares.If a big story about some explosive, horrific event comes knocking at the door, rest assured the New York Times and rest of the dinosaur media will first ask if a Muslim's involved before they decide on the course and tone of their coverage. If it's a member of the "Religion of Peace" who blew dozens to pieces, then the trusty old shark attack template for reporting is dusted off, with no blame assigned to anyone or anything for this lone animal's aggressive actions. If it's anyone at all with a link to conservatism who held the gun or lit the fuse, especially anyone connected to Governor Palin, no matter how remotely, then the story is covered obsessively, for months, with the full resources of the Gray Lady dumped into an indictment of every Republican less than a thousand miles away from the scene of the crime.It is as predictable and tired as a stale old "Saturday Night Live" skit. Only it's half as funny, and ten times as stomach-turningly tragic.Read the full story here.
- Cold truths about electric cars' cold-weather shortcomings.Count me among the many thousands of Washington area residents who spent Wednesday night stuck in traffic as a snowstorm sowed chaos all around us. Being car-bound in sub-freezing weather for six hours can make a guy think. I counted my blessings. The situation could have been worse, I realized: My fellow commuters and I could have been trying to make it home in electric cars, like the ones President Obama is constantly promoting, most recently in his State of the Union address. It is a basic fact of physical science that batteries run down more quickly in cold weather than they do in warm weather, and the batteries employed by vehicles such as the Nissan Leaf or the Chevy Volt are no exception. The exact loss of power these cars would suffer is a matter of debate, partly because no one has much real-world experience to draw on. But there would be some loss. Running the heater to stay warm, or the car radio to stay informed, would drain the battery further.Even with substantial government subsidies, I doubt the president will get there. Michael Omotoso of J.D. Power and Associates - a consulting firm that, unlike the Obama Energy Department, has spent a lot of time asking consumers what they actually want - told me the number could reach 750,000 by 2015, and 1.1 million by 2020 if all goes well. But the million-car goal is meaningless: It would represent 0.4 percent of the U.S. automotive fleet, yielding no substantial reduction in carbon emissions or U.S. dependence on foreign oil for the government's multibillion-dollar investment. Alternative policies, such as a modest increase in the gas tax or support for more efficient internal combustion engines, would do more to accomplish the administration's legitimate goals faster and at lower cost. Call me a curmudgeon, but I think J.D. Power is optimistic. This subsidized market niche is just one well-publicized malfunction away from disaster. Perhaps a Volt battery will overheat and burst into flames, as some computer batteries have been known to do. Or maybe a Leaf driver will suffer frostbite while stuck in the next blizzard. Let's just hope one of his neighbors pulls over to help him out.Hmmmm....Driving that RAM Dodge gas guzzling truck?Read the full story here.
- Obama vigorously defends Dems' healthcare reform: 'Granny is safe'.In his most vigorous defense of the healthcare law since Republicans took control of the House, Obama fired back Friday at GOP claims that the law deprives essential care for seniors and balloons the deficit.“You may have heard once or twice this is a job-crushing, granny-threatening, budget-busting monstrosity,” Obama said to pro-reform advocates at the Families USA annual conference in Washington. “That just doesn’t match up to the reality.”With House Republicans using committee hearings this week to pose the reform law as bad for business, Obama touched on a report from a large business advocacy group that said the law would reduce premiums for workers.“That’s money that business can use to grow to invest or hire. … That’s money workers won’t have to see vanish from paychecks or bonuses. That’s good for all of us,” he said.“And I can report that granny is safe,” he added, hitting back at GOP claims that the administration wants to ration expensive care for the elderly.“What I’m not willing to do is go back to the days when insurance companies could deny someone coverage because of a pre-existing condition,” he continued.Over the past month, Democrats have been emphasizing the law’s numerous consumer protections that have already gone into effect, such as coverage for children regardless of pre-existing conditions and discounted drugs for seniors in Medicare’s coverage gap. Touting those protections, Obama made clear Friday morning that repeal was out of the question for him.“I don’t want that for America, he said. “I don’t want that for our families. That’s not who we are, that’s not what we stand for.”Hmmmmm......I want,i want ...i don't want....What happened to the will of the people?Sounds pretty tyranny like ?Read the full story here.
- Obama Plan to End Oil Tax Breaks Taps Controversy.President Obama is earning both praise and criticism for suggesting in his State of the Union address that gas and oil companies are "doing just fine on their own" and don't need the tax breaks they currently enjoy.Oil industry experts suggest the president, by singling out oil companies, could be defeating two of his stated goals: creating jobs and boosting renewable energy research."The administration seems poised to stifle one of the best ways to create jobs," said Jack Gerard, president of the American Petroleum Institute, citing potential job growth in new petroleum exploration."We need policies that help the 9.2 million hardworking men and women in the industry, not hurt them," Gerard said.Gerard also says the industry invested over $58 billion dollars from 2000 to 2008 in "zero carbon emission technologies."Obama said on Tuesday that he is seeking a comprehensive approach to energy development."Some folks want wind and solar. Others want nuclear, clean coal and natural gas. To meet this goal, we will need them all -- and I urge Democrats and Republicans to work together to make it happen."Hmmmmm....It's high time that the President takes a big breath of reality?Read the full story here.
- HT:Aina.'Top Muslim Scholars' Seem to Be Telling Us That Dialogue With Them is a Waste of Time.The decision of certain "top Muslim scholars" to suspend all dialogue with the Vatican in protest against Pope Benedict XVI's condemnation of anti-Christian violence in Egypt is deeply depressing, but I suppose we ought to have expected it. I recently reported, in a mood of probably foolish optimism, that there had been a backlash against anti-Christian attacks, not just among the Copts, but among Egyptian Muslims, too. There had been widespread calls by Muslim intellectuals and activists for Egyptian Muslims at large to flock to Coptic churches across the country to attend Coptic Christmas Eve mass, to show solidarity with the nation's Coptic minority, and also to serve as "human shields" against possible attacks by Islamist militants."Are there here," I asked, "signs of hope?" Perhaps, I ventured, "this is the beginning of a new era". I also added: "Then again, maybe it isn't. We shall see." Well, now I fear we have seen, despite those brave "human shields": for, in the end, I fear, this has been a welcome but impermanent moment of tolerance which has by now almost certainly dissolved.And the point is, of course, that whether or not they are for some reason engaging in "dialogue", these same "scholars" think they have a right and a duty not merely to urge the oppression of other religions but in the end to eliminate them entirely on their territory. Just as Sheik Ahmad el-Tayeb was breaking off dialogue with Rome, one of his colleagues in the al-Azhar University, Dr Imad Mustafa, was issuing a fatwa. "He began," reports the Jerusalem Post:"… by stating the well-known doctrine of 'defensive jihad', that is Muslims must go to war against infidels who attack them. Of course, the word 'attack' is often spread rather thinly to justify aggression.But now Mustafa has publicly and explicitly come up with a new concept, one that up until now was supposedly restricted to groups like al-Qaida: 'Then there is another type of fighting against the non-Muslims known as offensive jihad… which is to pursue the infidels into their own land without any aggression [on their part]…'Two schools [of Islamic jurisprudence] have ruled that offensive jihad is permissible in order to secure Islam's border, to extend God's religion to people in cases where the governments do not allow it, such as the Pharaoh did with the children of Israel, and to remove every religion but Islam from the Arabian peninsula.' "And to remove every religion but Islam": what a detestable euphemism for murder. And that, in the end, it seems, is the ambition of the "scholars" of this important Islamic "university". I put these words into inverted commas to indicate what is rapidly becoming very obvious, even to those determined to put as optimistic a gloss on interfaith relations as possible: that the words really don't seem to mean to the Muslim world anything remotely like what we mean by them.Perhaps I am wrong to write thus in anger: but there is such a thing as righteous, or justified anger. If I am indeed wrong in what I have said here about the Muslim world, it is now up to that section of Islamic opinion which fundamentally disagrees with the views emanating from the al-Azhar University to make its views known as vigorously as the "scholars" have done. The ball is now in the court of "moderate" Islamic opinion. Is there anyone out there? If so, for heaven's sake, say something.Hmmmm....Anyone still doubting that the war on Christianity is busy?Read the full story here.
- HT:TundraTabloids.Canada - Quebec - Neo Nazi site calls for boycott of Israeli shoes.Anti-Israel boycott at shoe store suspended; one protest group calls other racist.MONTREAL - The boycott of a shoestore that sells footwear made in Israel, which attracted national attention, has been temporarily called off by organizers worried it's become a magnet for extremists.The independently owned store, Le Marcheur, was dragged into the mire of Middle East politics when a group called Palestinian and Jewish Unity (PAJU) began protesting outside its doors every Saturday several months ago.The group is hoping a boycott will encourage the owner to stop selling BeautiFeel, a line of women's shoes made in Israel.Its actions triggered an angry backlash by several prominent Montreal figures, including both Liberal and Conservative politicians. But it's one of the boycott supporters that has PAJU worried.The Mouvement Nationaliste-Revolutionnaire Quebecois — or, in English, the Nationalist Revolutionary Movement of Quebec — announced plans recently to join the weekly protest.PAJU accuses the rival group of advocating racism, anti-immigrant beliefs and revolutionary violence."We are not going to permit extreme-right elements to promote their own racist agenda," said PAJU's president, Bruce Katz. "We're certainly not going to let them discredit our own legitimate actions."The MNRQ, on its website, calls for an anti-Israel "intifada in Quebec — just like in Gaza."The group is anti-capitalist, pro-Quebec independence, and proudly espouses its support for ethnic nationalism — namely, protecting the "identity and ethnicity of Quebec." It urges a crackdown on immigration.Archambault, who has been in business for 25 years, is in the process of buying his stock for next season, and says he has no intention of dropping the BeautiFeel line."This is Quebec. No one is going to tell us what to sell," he said.Pro-Palestinian activists have long advocated a general boycott of goods made in Israel as a way of pressuring the state to end what they describe as apartheid policies in occupied territories.But even boycott supporters have expressed some reservations about PAJU's decision to target a small, independent merchant."In my opinion, it's a mistake to boycott the whole store," said Amir Khadir, a member of the provincial legislature who heads the left-wing provincial party Quebec solidaire.Read the full story here.More on this from the TundraTabloids.
- HT:Judicial Watch.Obama Justice Department Colluded with ACLU to Attack Arizona’s SB 1070 According to Documents Uncovered by Judicial Watch.Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, today announced that it has received documents from the Department of Justice (DOJ) that show DOJ worked hand-in-hand with the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) in mounting their respective legal challenges to SB 1070, Arizona’s get-tough illegal immigration law. The documents, obtained by Judicial Watch pursuant to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request filed on June 17, 2010, include email exchanges between DOJ officials and ACLU staff.Included among the documents obtained by Judicial Watch is a July 27, 2010, email exchange between Lucas Guttentag, leader of the ACLU’s Immigrants’ Rights Project and the DOJ’s Edwin Kneedler, Deputy Solicitor General.“It is one thing to share the ACLU’s disrespect for the rule of law but it is quite another to collude with the organization on a prosecutorial strategy against the State of Arizona. Frankly, these new documents show it is hard to tell where the ACLU ends and the Justice Department begins,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “The Obama Justice Department is supposed to be an independent, nonpartisan law enforcement agency. Many Americans will be disturbed, though maybe not surprised, to find that Eric Holder’s Justice Department is colluding with one of the most leftist organizations in the nation. We know whose ‘side’ this Justice Department is on when it comes to the enforcement of our immigration laws.”Hmmmm....A Democratic Administration or a Regime?Read the full story here.
- Top Dem: We will ‘hang’ Republicans.Amidst a national dialogue about softening political rhetoric, members of an Obama-affiliated organization are threatening to hang Granite State Republicans in the New Hampshire House of Representatives, according to a news story in the Citizen of Laconia.“They’re going to hang themselves,” said Belknap Democratic Chair Ed Allard of Republicans. “And we’re going to help them.”Allard’s threat came during a meeting of despondent Democrats in Belknap County on Thursday evening. The meeting was hosted by President Obama’s Organizing for America.Allard’s remarks come at a time when some in the national Democratic Party have attempted to blame conservative rhetoric for the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Gifford in Tuscon, Az. earlier this month.After the tragedy in Tuscon, President Obama himself urged Americans to “pause for a moment, and to make sure that we are talking to each other in a way that heals, not a way that wounds.”Hmmmmm....."Together we Thrive" on the murder of innocent people?Read the full story here.
- Obama put union bosses in charge of federal agencies, then exempted them from FOIA.President Obama is garnering lots of critical attention for his recently signed executive order directing federal agencies to conduct what appears to be a purely symbolic review their regulations for their economic impact, but another presidential document he signed nearly two years ago is anything but figurative.The document is Executive Order 13522, aka "Creating Labor-Management Forums to Improve Delivery of Government Services." As RedState's Labor Union Report notes, this EO was signed when the nation was distracted by the Obamacare debate.What the EO means, however, is that Obama "has turned over a significant portion of the Executive Branch of the United States government to union bosses." This could be the most significant federal policy decision regarding federal labor-management relations since President Kennedy signed the first EO in 1962 granting representatial rights to federal employee unions.In other words, Obama has given veto power on federal policy to the bosses running the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE), the National Treasury Employees Union (NTEU), National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE) and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME).As dangerous and destructive as that decision is, I guess nobody should be surprised that Obama and his advisors were careful to write the EO in such a manner as to exempt agencies under the federal Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) from having to disclose documents that shed light on how this new management process actually functions.Ostensibly, the purpose of the exemption is to protect federal officials and encourage them to provide their most candid advice to decision-makers. In practice, the pre-decisional exemption is routinely used by federal bureaucrats and political leaders to shield from public exposure documents that reveal the influence of special interests.Special interests like federal employee unions.Go here for RedState's excellent explication and discussion of this very disturbing development.
Hmmmmm.....How a dictatorship creeps up on you?Read the full story here.
- HT:Northeast Intelligence Network.Constitutional contempt !28 January 2011: This is the most difficult report update I’ve ever filed on any investigative matter on which I’ve worked, and certainly the most important. It strikes directly at the heart of the national security of the United States, which has been under attack from within for the last 75 years or longer. What exists today began with people who are long dead, but whose agendas live on through others to whom the torch has been passed. It is the proverbial rabbit hole that goes deeper than most can fathom.At center stage stands Barack Hussein Obama, the man who currently holds the highest office in the free world. He is the contemporaneous result of decades of treasonous deceptions and socialist penetration into areas of our government that we were warned about by Senator Joe McCarthy, a man whose legacy has been deliberately rewritten so that the mere mention of his name evokes undeserved revulsion by the majority of people in America. Even though Mr. McCarthy has not been with us for over 50 years, his investigative work as a U.S. senator figures prominently into our current state of affairs.The marginalization of McCarthy and the deliberate expunging of historical records exposing the Marxist, Socialist and Communist infiltration into nearly all levels of our government of that era explains why we still find ourselves questioning not only the eligibility status of our current president, but the majority of his background. It is an undeniable fact that Barack Hussein Obama has refused to provide authenticated evidence of his eligibility to occupy our White House, the house of the American people. In fact, he has fought the release of records that would prove, once and for all, this most basic issue, and further refused to release documents that would provide insight into America’s most mysterious president.The mystery behind Obama extends well beyond the birth certificate controversy, although that has grown into the most recognizable issue of late. For better or worse relative to the truly important aspects of Obama, the actions and behavior of Hawaiian Governor Neil Abercrombie have fueled speculation among “birthers,” a pejorative term assigned to Americans who care about constitutional issues and the rule of law. Over a half-century ago, it’s likely that birthers would have been referred to as “McCarthyites” instead. The names have changed, but the template of marginalization is the same.The goals of the globalists have not changed. The desire to subjugate our national sovereignty has never before been so rabid. The closer our enemies within come to accomplishing their objectives, the greater the danger becomes to the freedom granted to us by God and our Constitution.As long as Obama is permitted to occupy the highest office without any person, group or agency demanding answers and accountability, the more dangerous and perilous times become. The longer we allow our elected officials to disregard our demand for answers, dismiss us, ignore us, or impugn the reasonableness of our concerns, the closer we are to losing our Republic.At issue is more than a piece of paper detailing the pedigree of Barack Hussein Obama. We need complete disclosure, and we need it now, not in 2012. Tomorrow might be too late.Hmmmm.....Meanwhile like a cancer metastasis he's spreading his controll in the whole American administration?Read the full story here.
- US president re-nominates envoy to Turkey.U.S. President Barack Obama late Thursday re-nominated Francis Ricciardone, the recently installed U.S. ambassador in Ankara, to the same position in an effort to extend his position to a full four years, the White House has said.Obama also re-appointed Matt Bryza, ambassador to Azerbaijan, Robert Ford, ambassador to Syria, and Norm Eisen, ambassador to Czech Republic, to the same posts and for the same purpose.While the chances of Ricciardone’s ultimate confirmation appear high, Bryza’s seem slimmer given his unpopularity among many members of the U.S.’ Armenian community."Armenian-American voters are, once again, disappointed that President Obama – having failed to honor any of his many pledges to Armenian American voters – is now, over the strong objections of senators from his own party, pressing for Senate confirmation of his controversial and deeply flawed recess appointment of Matt Bryza as ambassador to Azerbaijan," said Aram Hamparian, executive director of the Armenian National Committee of America."We look to senators to stand up for U.S. interests, American values, and our nation's diplomatic credibility by doing everything in their power to prevent the confirmation of this candidate," he said Friday.Radical Armenians view him as a pro-Turkish and pro-Azerbaijani official and are working against his appointment as U.S. ambassador to Baku. During last year's confirmation hearing at the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, pro-Armenian Democratic Senators Robert Menendez and Barbara Boxer vetoed Bryza's new job.Hmmmm.....'Muslims don't commit Genocide'?Read the full story here.
- Davos leaders: Save the euro, and the planet.France's president tried to save the reputation of Europe and its currency, battered by debt crises and worries about whether the continent is being steamrolled by speedier eastern economies.The presidents of South Africa and Mexico, meanwhile, worked to save the planet, sharing notes on hosting climate talks and how to get the U.S. and China - and the business community - to invest in cleaner energy.The overall mood at the World Economic Forum this year is more upbeat than the past two, but by no means celebratory. Thursday was no exception, as leaders, bankers and investors struggled for ideas to get Europe growing again.French President Nicolas Sarkozy sought to shake the euro worriers awake, vowing that he and European partners will "never turn our backs on the euro" and calling it a linchpin of peace and prosperity. That gave an extra boost to the rebounding currency on world markets."The disappearance of the euro would be so cataclysmic that we can't even possibly entertain the idea," Sarkozy said.Despite fears about the 17-nation currency's survival since the European Union and International Monetary Fund, or IMF, had to bail out debt-laden Greece and then Ireland last year, "the euro is still there," he said."Europe has had 60 years of peace and therefore we will never let the euro go or be destroyed. ... I speak as much for my German friends as I do for the French," he said.U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said his country had more confidence now that there is a sustainable expansion - but added that it is not a boom.Geithner, speaking Friday at the World Economic Forum, said in the wake of some expansion in the world's top economy, there was more confidence that slipping back into a recession was avoidable.He said that confidence was justified, citing economists who have forecast growth of between 3 and 4 percent this year and next for the United States.Read the full story here.
- HT:Memri.Clarification by Queen Rania to MEMRI's Report on Holocaust Denial Posts in Her Facebook Account.On January 25, 2011, MEMRI reported on Holocaust denial posts featured on Queen Rania's official Facebook account. On January 26, the "Office of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah" emailed MEMRI, saying that the Facebook page is a "Fan page" and that only "profane" posts are removed by the administrator, since Queen Rania "welcomes full and frank discussions of all issues."It should be noted that the reason that MEMRI chose to report on these posts is that the link to this Facebook "fan page" appears on Queen Rania's official website: http://www.queenrania.jo/. In addition, it appears that questioning whether the Holocaust is a myth was not considered "profane" enough to justify removal. Following is the "Office of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah"'s response to MEMRI's report, followed by the report itself."To Whom It May Concern,Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah's Facebook page is a fan page and, as such, has an administrator. The administrator only removes posts which are profane. No other posts are removed. Any other messages which have been deleted have been removed by those who post them. Queen Rania welcomes full and frank discussions of all issues on her Facebook fan page.Thank you,Office of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah".Read and see the full story here.
- Hawaii senators hold prayer despite vote to end it.HONOLULU – A group of nine Hawaii senators held hands, bowed their heads and sought God's blessing Wednesday, signaling that they'll still pray despite a vote last week to abandon official invocations.Fears of court challenges compelled the state Senate to end prayers, making it the first legislative body in the nation to do so.The informal prayer Wednesday took place in the Senate chamber before the daily lawmaking session, convened in such a way so as not to contradict the decision to remove invocations from Senate business."The message is that not all senators have eliminated prayer," said Sen. Will Espero, D-Ewa-Ewa Beach-Lower Waipahu, who organized the group. "We're well within the confines of the law."The 25-member Senate changed its rules in a unanimous voice vote last Thursday to end prayers after the American Civil Liberties Union sent lawmakers a letter complaining that the invocations often referenced Jesus Christ, contravening the separation of church and state.Senate President Shan Tsutsui, who did not participate in the prayer session, said he condoned their independent movement to keep prayer alive."It's a matter of free speech," said Tsutsui, D-Wailuku-Kahului. "We do encourage members, at their own will and desire, to go ahead and engage in prayer."He said prayers could be held in the Senate in the future because the chamber's rules are silent on the issue following last week's vote.The brief prayer asked God to bless senators' choices and sought guidance to do right for the people they represent, said participant Sen. Pohai Ryan, D-Lanikai-Waimanalo."Government and faith should be separate. But just because I voted against it doesn't mean I'm not a spiritual person," Ryan said.Read the full story here.
- HT:BigGovernment.Is SEIU Working With Hamas And FARC?Prominent current and former members of SEIU local 73 are being investigated for their potential ties to the Hamas and FARC terrorist groups.Late last year, their homes were raided by the FBI, and they were subpoenaed to appear in front of a grand jury for questioning.Joe Iosbaker, Chief Steward of SEIU 73, and Tom Burke (former board member of SEIU 73) are among 9 people who are subjects in the investigation. None of them have been charged with any crimes, yet.Two days ago, they refused again to appear in front of the grand jury.The interesting thing about these SEIU folks is that they also belong to a violently radical group called the Freedom Road Socialist Organization.It gets worse from there.This is the same group who, along with the other subjects of the FBI investigation, takes credit for staging the 2008 RNC protest-riots.Shockingly, SEIU leadership is supporting their accused members, and the chosen strategy of not cooperating with law enforcement.Beginning at 6:15 in the video below, SEIU’s Matt Brandon gives the union’s full-throated support for targets of the investigation.Let that sink in for a minute. SEIU members are being investigated for potential ties to terrorists, and SEIU leadership is supporting non-cooperation with law enforcement. Can we question their patriotism yet??Imagine Haliburton being investigated by DOJ for potential ties to terrorists, and their management comes out in support of ignoring grand jury subpoenas. Do you think mainstream media outlets might cover it?The bottom line is that in addition to demanding the right to riot on the streets of America, the Progressive movement in this country (including SEIU) wants the right to organize “non-violent” actions with Hamas and FARC.Hmmmm.......Fifth Column anyone?Read and see the full story here.
- Opinion: Gingrich’s take on Obama’s vision.When I first heard that President Obama was using "winning the future" as the theme of his state of the union I thought it was ironically funny.I wrote a book, "Winning the Future: A 21st Century Contract with America" in 2005. I used the title "Winning the Future" to make the case that the future was not automatically ours, that we Americans were not winning the future with our current policies and that we would have to make real changes to win.My book was also a warning to Republicans. It was a serious critique of the Republican failure to thoroughly rethink and replace failing government policies and institutions. I was suggesting the Republican Congress, after a decade of power, and the Republican administration were not being bold enough, creative enough or conservative enough.They didn't listen and suffered the consequences in the 2006 and 2008 elections.After telling us government is failing (with a cute story about three different departments dealing with salmon) he then proposed more power and more money for the very institutions he has just suggested were ineffective and inefficient.However, what was most depressing about President Obama's State of the Union address was not its big government liberalism, its clever maneuvering to keep all the big government of the last two years, or its failure to admit how much liberalism had failed to create jobs.What really saddened me about the President's State of the Union address was its shallowness and lack of serious dialogue.For three years we have been in the worst economy since the great depression. Millions of Americans are suffering from unemployment. We just learned that first time applications for unemployment benefits jumped by 51,000 last week. Housing prices are continuing to struggle.What has the president learned from these three years of failure? What should we change to get back to job creation? Why should we expect more spending by failing bureaucracies (President Obama's version of investment) to work?Sadly, there is no Obama plan for winning the future.There is an Obama plan for protecting big government, for pouring more money into broken bureaucracies, for borrowing several trillion more from the Chinese dictatorship.President Obama is on a path to lose the future while pretending to change things. The Republican House of Representatives should aggressively move forward and propose a scale of change to genuinely win the future. Let the American people see the contrast and let the American people decide if they want big government, high taxes, economic decay and dangerous cuts in defense.I believe the American people want to genuinely win the future and will prefer a future of smaller government, more entrepreneurship, more genuine investment within a free market, more replacement of failing policies and institutions and a lot more honesty about the real change we need.Hmmmm.....No to Big government and tyranny!Read the full story here.
- HT:ChallahHuAkbar.Israel's End and the Annihilation of the Jews – Prophesied in the Koran & Bible.In an article in the Egyptian government weekly Al-Liwaa Al-Islami, Hassan Al-Hafanawi wrote that Israel's destruction was inevitable because it was prophesied in the Torah, the New Testament, and the Koran. Following are excerpts."The truly strange thing is that the greatest astrologist of all time, Nostradamus, confirmed in his prophecies that the world would witness the end of a foreign state on Arab lands before the thirtieth year of the [21st] century... In the prophecy of Armageddon in the Book of Revelation, the prophet John [of Patmos] emphasizes that the Kingdom of Israel would come to an end when the planet Pluto became visible from Earth, and this planet actually appeared in 1999, for the first time in some 30,000 years. In [Greek] mythology, [Pluto] is the lord of the dead and god of the underworld. What is more, according to Christian theology, the number 999 signifies the beginning of the anticipated end of the Jews, the beginning of the countdown... Read the full story here.Related :The Month of April 2011 and the Coming Changes in the world.Hmmmm....Now we have an aproximatly time?Read the full story here.
- Portsmouth councillor in imam prayer protest.A Portsmouth councillor walked out of a council meeting because an imam was asked to deliver an opening prayer.Conservative councillor Malcolm Hey left Tuesday night's Portsmouth City Council chamber while Sheikh Fazle Abbas Datoo was speaking.The imam, from the Al Mahdi mosque in Wickham, had been invited by the city's lord mayor Paula Riches.Mr Hey said it was not appropriate for a Muslim to deliver prayers at the start of a full council meeting.His behaviour was heavily criticised by Muslim community group Wessex Jamaat, which said snubbing the imam by walking out was "a serious issue".Mr Hey, ward councillor for Copnor, is a founder member of the Grace Baptist Church in Copnor Road."In a letter, and without any consultation, the lord mayor invited, and will invite, other religions to take part and I was not happy with that," he said."I'm a Christian, not a Muslim, and I do not believe we are praying to the same god."I think we have a tradition of Christianity in this country, our legal system is based on that, and most of our official meetings have some Christian prayers or worship as part of that event."I do not think at this point in time it's reasonable to change our history and have, say, some Muslim tradition brought into that environment".Read the full story here.
- A new Holocaust?Op-ed: Combination of threats may end up leading to mass murder of Israeli Jews.On January 27th, 66 years ago, the Auschwitz extermination camp was liberated. In many countries, it has become Holocaust Memorial Day. On a day which recalls absolute evil, it is natural to ask questions such as: Will Iran succeed in making an atom bomb and if so, when will it become operational? In light of the many years of threats by its leaders, will Iran use it against Israel? These seem to be the most realistic aspects of a far more diverse discussion of whether once again, there can or will happen a “genocide of Jews” (which is a more adequate expression than “Holocaust.”)The Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi told US Air Force General T. Michael Moseley in 2007 that the waterways for oil transport from the Middle East would be threatened by an Iranian bomb. He asked the American army to stop Iran’s nuclear program “by all means possible.” The same request was made in 2009 by the King of Bahrain to US General David Petraeus. Many Iranian leaders have an apocalyptic world view. Former Iranian President Ayatollah Ali Akbar Hashemi-Rafsanjani said in 2002 that “the use of a nuclear bomb in Israel will leave nothing on the ground, whereas it will only damage the world of Islam.”The publicity around the threat of genocide is focused mainly on Iran. Another possible nuclear threat can manifest itself much faster. From documents exposed by WikiLeaks we know that authorities in the United States, Great Britain and Russia are worried that Islamic terrorists could come into possession of Pakistani atom bombs or fissile material.American Ambassador in Karachi Anne Patterson informed Washington at the beginning of 2009 that it was not probable that an Islamic militant would steal an entire weapon. However, the probability existed that someone in the nuclear installations could slowly smuggle out sufficient material to make a bomb.Once combined, all of this anti-Israel propaganda and related activities could lead to such huge political pressure that Israel would have no choice but to return to indefensible borders – those which Abba Eban once termed “the Auschwitz borders.” If this scenario comes to fruition, it increases the possibility of a - be it delayed - mass murder of Israeli Jews. Read the full story here.
- HT:TheAmericanDream.Moral Relativism.John Adams, the second president of the United States, once made the following statement: "We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a religious and moral people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other." As we promote a return to constitutional principles, perhaps we should also be asking ourselves if the American people are moral enough to uphold and defend our Constitution anymore. Will a political shift in Washington D.C. solve all of our problems, or should we be looking into our own hearts as well? As controversial as it may be to question the morality of the American people, the truth is that after all of the shocking things that have transpired in this nation over the last 50 years someone certainly should be willing to ask the hard questions. It would be hard to deny that moral relativism and moral decay are absolutely rampant in the United States today, and that our moral problems are very much at the heart of many of our problems.A lot of people don't like to talk about morality. In fact, many of my regular readers will probably throw a fit just because I am using the word "morality" in an article. But you know what? Without morality a society cannot function. Our founding fathers knew this. But somehow we have come to believe that morality and politics can be separated.The truth is that when you fully take all morality out of politics you end up with a Hitler or a Stalin or a Mao. You end up with death camps, torture, mass genocide and social chaos.Unfortunately, Americans can't really seem to agree on what is "moral" and what is not anymore. Moral relativism dominates in our society today. Nobody really knows what the "rules" really are.But if we all are living by different rules, then how is society going to continue to function? The truth is that moral relativism simply does not work and our society is starting to find that out.The list posted below is a perfect example of that.Many of the things that I think are "morally wrong" will cause outrage among my regular readers.Why?Because the vast majority of us have become moral relativists. We just make up right and wrong as we go along.But hopefully most Americans that will read this list will realize that these 20 signs are indications that something is very, very wrong with the moral compass of this nation....Read the full story here.
- HT:CreepingSharia.Florida: Muslim leader pleads guilty to assault and battery.(Tallahassee, FL) January 26, 2011 Bassem Alhalabi of United Voices for America (UVA) pled guilty to assault & battery charges on J. Mark Campbell of the Florida Security Council and investigative journalist and Chairman of Americans Against Hate Joe Kaufman.According to the States Prosecutor Tiffany Cruz Bassem Alhalabi took the plea for a reduced sentence of community service and the attendance of the court ordered anger management course.Read and see the full story here.
- Egypt volatile situation : President Mobarak will adress the nation shortly - Al Jazeera English - Live Streams From Egypt ! Here .
- Egypt protests on Twitter! here.
- HT:EnduringAmerica.Egypt (and Beyond) LiveBlog: Black Hole or Another Day of Revolution?Read and see the whole story as it develops here.
- Egypt: Internet down, Brotherhood leaders arrested. Facebook, Twitter sites disrupted; counter-terror force takes up positions in strategic locations ahead of more anti-government protests; security forces arrest at least five opposition leaders, five former MPs.The developments were a sign that President Hosni Mubarak's regime was toughening its crackdown following the biggest protests in years against his nearly 30-year rule.The counter-terror force, rarely seen on the streets, took up positions in strategic locations, including central Tahrir Square, site of the biggest demonstrations this week.Facebook and Twitter have helped drive this week's protests. But by Thursday evening, those sites were disrupted, along with cell phone text messaging and BlackBerry Messenger services. Then the Internet went down.Earlier, the grass-roots movement got a double boost - the return of Nobel Peace laureate Mohamed ElBaradei and the backing of the biggest opposition group, the Muslim Brotherhood.After midnight, security forces arrested at least five Brotherhood leaders and five former Members of Parliament, according to the group's lawyer, Abdel-Moneim Abdel-Maksoud, and spokesman, Walid Shalaby. They said security forces had also taken a large number of Brotherhood members in a sweep in Cairo and elsewhere. The real test for the protest movement will be whether Egypt's fragmented opposition can come together, with Friday's rallies expected to be some of the biggest so far. In a move likely to help swell the numbers on the streets, the Muslim Brotherhood ended days of inaction to throw its support behind the demonstrations. On its website, the outlawed group said it would join "with all the national Egyptian forces, the Egyptian people, so that this coming Friday will be the general day of rage for the Egyptian nation." However, Internet disruptions were reported by a major service provider for Egypt. Italy-based Seabone said there was no Internet traffic going into or out of the country after 12:30 am local time Friday.Read the full story here.
- ECtHR: Turkey holds the title of ‘worst human rights violator’!In an annual report released on Thursday, the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR), the top judicial body to rule on human rights violations in Europe, once again found that Turkey is by far the worst violator of human rights among the 47 signatory states of the European Convention on Human Rights. In statistical data on violation judgments by country for the last year, Turkey once more topped the chart with 18.55 percent of all violation judgments, practically the same as last year's figure of 18.81, followed by Russia with 14.48 percent and Romania 9.54 percent. In 2010, a total of 278 judgments were entered for Turkey and only in nine cases did the court find no violations.The most common human rights violation committed by Turkey was against Article 6 of the European Convention on Human Rights, which concerns the right to a fair trial (42 cases) and lengthy proceedings (83 cases). This article was often raised as the reason for the rulings against Turkey.Hmmmm.......Erdogan...The defender of human rights?'John 8:7'"Let him that is without sin among you first cast the stone at her'(Israel).Read the full story here.World Report 2011: Turkey
- ‘Valley of the Wolves Palestine’ to be screened in Germany.The screenwriter of a newly released Turkish movie that features the story of the Mavi Marmara incident said on Wednesday that the ban of the movie in Germany is “illegal” and that the film will be screened in that country today. The long-expected movie was slated to be released today in Germany but it was withdrawn after an authoritative German film association recommended that theaters in the country not show the movie, allegedly for containing anti-Israel propaganda and for coinciding with Holocaust Remembrance Day. Bahadır Özdener said, while speaking after a première of the movie in İstanbul, that the movie will most probably be screened in Germany today and that their lawyers are taking necessary steps in this regard.“Kurtlar Vadisi Filistin” (Valley of the Wolves Palestine) is the latest release of the Panafilm movie company, which has the biggest budget in the Turkish cinema industry. The movie is featuring the lethal Israeli storming of the Mavi Marmara aid ship on May 31 last year that killed eight Turks and an American citizen.Speaking about a possible crisis the movie might cause between Israel and Turkey, Özdener said there are many “unspoken sides of the relationship” between the two countries since 1948 and he said he hopes the movie will create an opportunity to discuss these things.Hmmmm......The worst human rights violator as victim,great role play,perhaps the hanged Armenians can figure as background decor?Read the full story here.
- HT:WatchmansWarning.Dept of Homeland Security forces tru TV to stop airing Fema camp video?Very important and critical information is being suppressed and hidden from the American people. This story is rather shocking, nevertheless it is much-needed to be heard.Read and see the full story here.
- Somali militant group recruiting Canadian youth. Top Canadian security officials say they have intercepted or intervened in a number of cases involving Canadian youths set to join the Somalia-based militant organization al-Shabaab, but in spite of their efforts many others may have joined the group.Canadian security officials believe at least 20 Canadian youths have been recruited by al-Shabaab — and that most of those young men have come from the Greater Toronto Area.Al-Shabaab is based in Somalia, and believed to have links to al-Qaeda.Canadian officials claim the group has been so successful at recruiting that it is now considered to be the number 1 threat to Canada's national security.In an interview with CBC News, Insp. Keith Finn of Canada's Integrated National Security Enforcement Team said that in spite of the successes of intercepting some youths bound for al-Shabaab training camps, there's always concern about those who've slipped through and could eventually return to Canada as trained terrorists."The problem is, if they're prepared to act on it, a very small number of people can cause a great deal of damage to Canadians," said Finn.Abdullahi Mohamed said he fears that unless the federal government reaches out to young Muslims there will be more young men from Canada joining al-Shabaab."Help us before they use us. Employ us before they employ us. The ball is in your court federal government. Wake up before the blood is soaked in the streets of Toronto, like it was in London, Stockholm and New York."Read the full story here.
- HT:Vladtepesblog.They tried to kill the EDL leader! THEY CAME AFTER HIM WITH A SHOTGUN!Muslim in Full Islamic Garb Attempts to Shoot and Kill EDL Leader.I was just informed by a mate in the UK that one of the leaders of the English Defence League (EDL) was shot at by a Muslim in full jihad mode. “It is with regret that I have to give you this expected news, but tonight we have seen the religion of peace in their full glory. One of the EDL leaders Kevin Carrol has been targeted by Muslim gangs in Luton and has been shot at several times. Details are a little sketchy as armed police have the area contained at present. Kev and his family are safe I can confirm that much.Videodeclaration by Kevin here.
- PROPAGANDA: Reagan And Obama On The Cover Of TIME.TIME Magazine’s new February 2011 issue has a cover that features Ronald Reagan with his arm around a jovial Barack Obama. You can see the image below. This is propaganda. Plain and simple.Anyone who knows anything about Ronald Reagan knows that he would not only disapprove of everything Obama stands for, he would be the first one to call out Obama as the leftist, liberal, big government Democrat he is.Ronald Reagan warned America about ObamaCare 50 years ago. Do you think he would want to be photoshopped onto a magazine cover yukking it up with his political nemesis?It’s no secret that since the November 2010 “shellacking” the Obama loving media has been desperately trying to re-brand Captain Priorities as a practical centrist but this is ridiculous. Consider two key coincidences…
- Reagan’s 100th birthday celebration is happening in… February 2011.
- Obama’s new press secretary used to work for…. TIME Magazine.Feast your eyes on the lowest depths of hypocrisy in liberal media. Warning: Image may induce vomiting…Hmmmm......"On Hawaii vacation, Obama reads up on Reagan".Like a good actor rehearsing his "Role"?Read the full
make believestory here.
- Medicare chief Berwick gets W.H. nod.On Wednesday night, the White House renominated Dr. Don Berwick to head the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.The nomination is likely to be yet another flashpoint in the contentious health-care repeal debate on Capitol Hill. Republicans strongly objected to Berwick’s appointment last year, pointing to his previous comments in support of the British health system and rationing with “eyes open” or closed.Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) called the renomination “a disappointing decision.”“A day after the president committed to coming together to move our country forward, he’s chosen to renominate one of his most contentious nominees to head an agency that impacts the lives of more than 100 million Americans,” said Hatch, who is the ranking member on the Senate Finance Committee.“Given Dr. Berwick’s controversial views, Republicans will expect a full hearing to understand how the administration is implementing the $2.6 trillion health law, its impact on the American people, and the consequences to future of Medicare and Medicaid.”He will face a hearing in the Finance Committee and confirmation by the full Senate.Berwick is likely to face a difficult nomination. Many Republicans are still angry about his recess appointment and have significant questions about the agency he oversees.The administration recess-appointed Berwick to the post in July, arguing that Republicans had signaled they would slow-walk or oppose his nomination proceedings. Republicans were likely to oppose the confirmation but welcomed a chance to grill him in a confirmation hearing. The White House made the recess appointment before a hearing was held.Hmmmmm......My way or the highway?Read thew full story here.
- God absent from Russia church's new spiritual guide.(Reuters Life!) - God is absent from a new spiritual guide the Russian Orthodox Church is drafting in tandem with Russia's ruling party, a newspaper said on Thursday.Instead justice, patriotism and solidarity top the list of the guideline, dubbed "Eternal Values: The foundation of Russian Identity, which the Church is to publish with the dominant United Russia party, headed by Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.The moral guide lists the values in order of their importance in the eyes of the church and the party: 1. justice, 2. freedom, 3. solidarity, 4. unity, 5. self-restraint and sacrifice, 6. patriotism, 7. welfare and 8. love, the daily Nezavisimaya Gazeta reported.The paper cited Church spokesman, Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin, as saying the principles were based on how strongly they are "rooted in God's truth and in the life experiences that remain constant."The Orthodox Church has gained substantially in power in Russia since the fall of communism, forming close ties with Russia's political elite.But its dominance has drawn criticism from rights groups who say it's growing political role undermines Russia's secular constitution.Earlier this month, the Church outraged Russian feminists by proposing that women dress more modestly.Hmmm.....Mother Russia and Father state?Read the full story here.
- HT:RealClearPolitics.Video : Obama To Schools: Stop Just Serving "Tater Tots And Pizza".In a YouTube interview on Thursday afternoon, President Obama talks about what he thinks is healthy for people to eat.Read and see the full story here.
- Do Muslims cheat?In the past, we learned from Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan that “Muslims don’t commit genocide,” and that “Muslims don’t resort to terror.” Only a couple of days before an unidentified suicide bomber killed 35 people at Moscow’s Domodedovo Airport this week, Mr. Erdoğan made an addition to his “Muslims don’t” series: “Muslims don’t kill.”That – hopefully – completes his scientific analysis of the link between murder and faith which took off in Davos two years ago with his infamous line, “Jews know well how to kill.”But this time Mr. Erdoğan colored his interpretation with a line of caution that “those who do kill are not Muslims.” That reasoning means speaking against a basic teaching of the Quran that says “mortals are not entitled to decide who is a Muslim and who is not (only Allah the Almighty knows).”Apart from “speaking against the Quran,” there is another problematic aspect about Mr. Erdoğan’s thinking. If his assertion that anyone who attempts to kill a human being cannot be Muslim is correct, the world’s Muslim population cannot be as big as the statistics say.Mr. Erdoğan, in the absence of substantial evidence, may be thinking that the Moscow bombing was the work of ultra-secularist Turks – who are not Muslim because they probably drink alcohol, and eat pork too!But his reasoning is problematic for his fellow Muslims, in view of past and present-day murders.The prime minister may choose to believe that Sudan’s president, Omar Hassan al-Bashir, a Muslim, did not commit genocide in Darfur. Politics aside, he may choose to believe that all petty criminals convicted of murder in the entire Muslim world are in fact crypto Jews. He may choose to believe that it was not the Muslim Chechen terrorists who killed hundreds of schoolchildren in Beslan in 2006. He may also choose to believe that Black September and al-Qaeda were or are charity organizations. But what might he have thought when, for instance, Hamas (or Hezbollah) killed innocent Israelis, including schoolchildren? That the Hamas (or Hezbollah) chaps are not Muslims because “Muslims don’t kill?” No.All that reminds me of the teachings of one of the contemporary Muslim world’s greatest thinkers, H.E. Fethullah Gülen, who once preached: “The philosophy of our service is that we open a house somewhere and, with the patience of a spider, we lay our web to wait for people to get caught in the web; and we teach those who do. We don't lay the web to eat or consume them but to show them the way to their resurrection, to blow life into their dead bodies and souls, to give them a life.”Now, politics aside, and speaking strictly socially, think about it yourself: Would you have coffee with a man who wholeheartedly believes that Jews, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Shintoists, Bahais, atheists, Germans, Turks, Bolivians, Sicilians, Kenyans, Tibetans, Japanese, or whoever… would not kill?If not, go have a glass of wine with a spider. Oh, yes I’ve seen plenty of spiders that drink wine!Hmmmm.....BRAVO!....Well Said !Read the full story here.
- Russians name Muslim convert as prime suspect for airport bombing.Security sources have named an ethnic Russian Christian who converted to Islam as the prime suspect in Monday's deadly suicide bombing at a Moscow airport.Sources close to the investigation said that Vitaly Razdobudko, a 32-year-old from the southern Russian city of Stavropol, was being sought in connection with the attack, the Kommersant newspaper reported yesterday. It is not known whether Razdobudko is suspected of being the actual suicide bomber or an accomplice.Razdobudko went missing in October last year, with his wife, according to police sources in Stavropol. He is believed to have been an Orthodox Christian, of Slavic appearance, who later converted to Islam.Unconfirmed reports suggest that Russia believes the airport attackers may have been trained at al-Qa'ida camps on the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan. Pakistani media yesterday quoted sources in the country's intelligence agency saying that officers from Russia's security service, the FSB, had asked their Pakistani counterparts for information and support.So far, no group has taken responsibility for the bombing. However, Umarov vowed last year to hit energy and transport infrastructure in the heart or Russia. The airport attack was timed to cause maximum embarrassment for Russia,coming just before Mr Medvedev travelled to Davos to drum up foreign investment in Russia. Militant groups have also threatened to target sporting events. Russia will host the World Cup in 2018 and the Winter Olympics in 2014. And the winter games will be held in Sochi, not far from the North Caucasus region, and.Yesterday, more top transport officials were sacked, including the head of air transport security for the western part of Russia. Mr Medvedev said the airport's security had been in a "state of anarchy", and appears keen to blame civilian bodies rather than ask why the FSB security services and police failed to stop the attack.Read the full story here.
- Hawaii lawmakers want release of Obama birth info.HONOLULU – Five Hawaii Democratic representatives want to pass a law making President Barack Obama's birth records public and charge $100 to see them.The bill, introduced this week, would change a privacy law barring the release of birth records to anyone unless they have a tangible interest.The measure hasn't been scheduled for a public hearing yet, and can't move forward until that happens.Its primary sponsor, Rep. Rida Cabanilla, says she wants to end the controversy surrounding Obama's birth by handing over official state records to those who will pay.She says the fee would help offset the extra work by state employees who handle frequent phone calls and e-mails from people who believe Obama wasn't born in Hawaii.Hawaii's health director has said she's verified Obama's original records, and notices were published in two newspapers within days of his birth at a Honolulu hospital.Hmmmmm......It's like the Hawaian "Loch Ness Monster" all claim to have seen it ,there are copies of it but there's no proof of the real deal?Read the full story here.
- Fate of Canadian Oil Pipeline in U.S. Rests With State Department.The decision to approve a pipeline that would bring Canadian oil across America via pipeline to refineries in Texas has fallen to the State Department, which finds itself in a battle among states as it weighs the environmental impact against jobs and cheaper, friendlier oil.TransCanada says its $13 billion project is a win-win for both countries and earned some stateside cheerleaders last week after it finalized deals to let U.S. producers in North Dakota and Montana use part of its proposed pipeline. Under the agreement, about 65,000 barrels a day worth of their tar sands oil would glide from Alberta, Canada, through the Canadian firm's pipeline en route to facilities in Cushing, Okla. The so-called Keystone XL line is part of a broader pipeline system projected to eventually carry more than 1 million barrels a day across the two countries.But objections have been building over the past several months in the wake of the BP oil spill last April in the Gulf of Mexico. The Sierra Club complained that the pipeline would indirectly contribute to global warming, and a Nebraska Republican senator complained it would cross a vital aquifer. And U.S. property owners have challenged Canadian firm TransCanada's attempts to build on their land.TransCanada claims the overall project will reduce the United States' dependence on oil from the Middle East and Venezuela, and create 20,000 U.S. jobs in the process. "The American people want oil from friendlier sources and from a trading partner such as Canada," TransCanada spokesman Shawn Howard told FoxNews.com.Asked about the climate change concerns, Howard said TransCanada is merely transporting the oil, a process he suggested would have minimal environmental impact. "We need to put ... some of the claims out there into perspective. This is a pipeline transporting oil to meet consumer demand," he said. "There's going to be next to no emissions associated with the actual operation of this line." Howard said he hopes the State Department issues a permit "as soon as possible," though he added the firm could furnish more information if necessary.Hmmmmm.......We don't want oil from our Canadian friends?Read the full story here.
- Problem pupils will be enrolled at 'boot camps' run by former soldiers says Education Secretary.Disruptive children will be sent to ‘boot camps’ run by former soldiers under Government plans.Expelled pupils are to receive a ‘military-style education’ at the special units separate from mainstream schools.Former army officers who fought in Afghanistan will keep the youngsters under close supervision while teaching them teamwork and basic skills.There will be a strong emphasis on physical exercise including assault courses and training similar to the Duke of Edinburgh awards scheme.Children will be taught maths skills by learning how to use a map in a forest. They will also be expected to volunteer in their community. Michael Gove yesterday paved the way for the measures as he unveiled his Education Bill, which focuses on boosting standards and improving behaviour in schools.If passed, the Bill will grant the Education Secretary powers to order a local council to close failing schools.And it will strip academy sponsors of their involvement in a school if that school under-performs.The Bill also seeks to hand teachers more power to tackle bad behaviour in the classroom while freeing them of the reams of unnecessary red tape and bureaucracy introduced under Labour.There are currently 16,000 youngsters under the age of 16 who are outside the school system, often because they have been excluded and no school will take them in.At present they are taught in one of more than 400 Pupil Referral Units which local authorities are obliged to provide. Yesterday Mr Gove said most local authority-run referral units ‘are not up to snuff’ and expressed his desire for them to be closed and reopened as academies. He said he envisaged that they would be run by and modelled on charities such as Skill Force, which trains and hires veterans to teach disadvantaged and disruptive young children.Hmmmmm........God works in mysterious ways,there was a time they would have been send to the Jesuit institute.Read the full story here.
- One L of a mistake: White man with short hair and stubble is issued provisional driving licence... featuring a photo of burka-clad Asian woman.When Scott Allen received his provisional licence through the post, he realised something was not quite right. While the bearded white 27-year-old's name, address and date of birth was all correct, the photograph showed a picture of an Asian woman in an hijab.The green card, which had been issued by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA), also contained the signature of an unknown person - presumed to be the woman in the traditional Muslim head dress in the picture.Mr Allan, from Acton, West London, applied for his licence on the internet but was told he would need to send a photograph and proof of ID in the post.So he was startled to receive a licence a couple of weeks later - before he had even supplied his picture and passport.Mr Allan said: 'I was surprised when I opened the envelope from the DVLA and found a driving licence because I had not completed the application process.'That surprise turned to disbelief when I looked closer and saw the face of an unknown woman staring back at me beside my name, address and date of birth.'There is no resemblance between the two of us whatsoever.'I am a white male, with a beard and short hair but the photograph is of an Asian woman in an hijab - it's laughable.'I am astounded that the DVLA could make such a massive mistake.''There is a funny side to it but, clearly, a more serious one too,' he said.'Driving licences are widely accepted as official proof of identification and if the wrong ID gets into the wrong hands it could have serious consequences.'He added: 'When I phoned the DVLA to complain they initially failed to acknowledge there was a problem.Hmmmmm......."Looks are deceiving"?Read the full story here.
- And now for something completely different.Yes, he can walk. But just how close IS he to being human?The pictures of Ambam the gorilla standing up on his hind legs and walking, for all the world just like one of us, are quite captivating.Not only do they serve as a powerful reminder that, after chimpanzees, gorillas are the second closest living relative to humans, but for me they also brought back so many happy memories of my own encounters with these gentle giants of the great ape world. Nothing, not even David Attenborough, prepares you for the moment you come face-to-face with a wild gorilla for the first time.Walking on our hind legs - bipedal motion, as it’s called - is one of the distinguishing characteristics that makes us humans human, and we’re always impressed by an animal, be it dog, bear or, indeed, gorilla that can mimic it. But there’s another reason why those pictures of Ambam are so powerful and that’s because, quite unwittingly, he is reproducing that almost mythical moment from evolutionary history when one of our ape-ancestors came down from the trees and walked on its hind legs for the first time.Read and see the full story here,video here.