Thursday, February 3, 2011
Egyptian Islamist Yasser Al-Sirri :" Block International Shipping in the Suez Canal and Halt the Flow of Oil".
Egypt Uprising: London-Based Egyptian Islamist Yasser Al-Sirri Calls to Block International Shipping in the Suez Canal and to Halt the Flow of Oil .Source.
- Egypt volatile situation deteriorating very quickly !Civil war might become reality. Mubarak wont step down immediately.MFS: What if Mubarak would tell Obama keep your 1,5 Billion -i'll close the Suez canal? - Al Jazeera English - Live Streams From Egypt ! Here .
- Egypt protests on Twitter! here.
- Liveblog - Egypt's protests erupt. here.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Christiane Amanpour interviews Hosni Mubarak.Son Gamal is in Egypt.Read and see the full story here.
- Tony Blair: Mubarak is 'immensely courageous and a force for good'.Former PM praises Egyptian president over role in peace negotiations and warns against a rush to elections that could bring Muslim Brotherhood to power.Tony Blair has described Hosni Mubarak, the beleaguered Egyptian leader, as "immensely courageous and a force for good" and warned against a rush to elections that could bring the Muslim Brotherhood to power.The former prime minister, now an envoy to the Israeli-Palestinian peace process, praised Mubarak over his role in the negotiations and said the west was right to back him despite his authoritarian regime because he had maintained peace with Israel.But that view is likely to anger many Egyptians who believe they have had to endure decades of dictatorship because the US put Israel's interests ahead of their freedom.Speaking to Piers Morgan on CNN, Blair defended his backing for Mubarak."Where you stand on him depends on whether you've worked with him from the outside or on the inside. I've worked with him on the Middle East peace process between the Israelis and the Palestinians so this is somebody I'm constantly in contact with and working with and on that issue, I have to say, he's been immensely courageous and a force for good," he said."Inside Egypt, and I have many Egyptian friends, it's clear that there's been a huge desire for change."Asked if the west had not been an obstacle to change, Blair defended the policies of his and other governments."I don't think the west should be the slightest bit embarrassed about the fact that it's been working with Mubarak over the peace process but at the same time it's been urging change in Egypt," he said.Read the full story here.
- Egypt's Mubarak says resigning would bring chaos. In ABC interview, embattled president says he is 'fed up' after 62 years in public service; claims he told Obama 'you don't understand Egyptian culture and what would happen if I step down now.' Protestors prepare to defy curfew, sleep at Tahrir Square ahead of mass Friday demonstrations; Doctors say at least 10 dead, 800 injured in Cairo clashes.President Hosni Mubarak said on Thursday he wanted to quit but that he feared his resignation would bring chaos to Egypt, as protesters demanding an end to his 30-year rule confronted his supporters on Cairo streets."I am fed up. After 62 years in public service, I have had enough. I want to go," Mubarak said in an interview with ABC."If I resign today, there will be chaos," he added.In a move to try to calm the disorder, Vice President Omar Suleiman said on Thursday the Muslim Brotherhood, Egypt's most organized opposition movement, had been invited to meet with the new government as part of a national dialogue with all parties.An offer to talk to the banned group would have been unthinkable before protests erupted on Jan. 25, indicating the giant strides made by the reformist movement. But scenting victory, they have refused negotiations until Mubarak goes.Oil prices have climbed on fears the unrest could spread to affect oil giant Saudi Arabia or interfere with oil supplies from the Red Sea to the Mediterranean through the Suez Canal.Hmmm......He is right complete chaos will follow and the West and the US will pay the price for electing Obama!Read the full story here.
- HT:Aina.Muslim Brotherhood wants end to Egypt-Israeli peace deal.Egypt's banned Muslim Brotherhood movement has unveiled its plans to scrap a peace treaty with Israel if it comes to power, a deputy leader said in an interview with NHK TV.Rashad al-Bayoumi said the peace treaty with Israel will be abolished after a provisional government is formed by the movement and other Egypt's opposition parties."After President Mubarak steps down and a provisional government is formed, there is a need to dissolve the peace treaty with Israel," al-Bayoumi said.Egypt was the first Arab country to officially recognize Israel and sign a peace agreement with the Israeli government in 1979. It is also a major mediator of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.The Muslim Brotherhood has recently come to light amid mass anti-government protests in Egypt. Some media voiced concerns that the banned Islamic movement could eventually take power in the riot-hit Arab country.Hmmm.....Thanks to Obama the world is another step closer to WW III.Read the full story here.
- HT:MyWay......."They don't trust me because of my middle name"?President Barack Obama's response to the crisis in Egypt is drawing fierce criticism in Israel, where many view the U.S. leader as a political naif whose pressure on a stalwart ally to hand over power is liable to backfire.Critics - including senior Israeli officials who have shied from saying so publicly - say Obama is repeating the same mistakes of predecessors whose calls for human rights and democracy in the Middle East have often backfired by bringing anti-West regimes to power.Israeli officials, while refraining from open criticism of Obama, have made no secret of their view that shunning Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak and pushing for swift elections in Egypt could bring unintended results."I don't think the Americans understand yet the disaster they have pushed the Middle East into," said lawmaker Binyamin Ben-Eliezer, who until recently was a Cabinet minister and who is a longtime friend of Mubarak."If there are elections like the Americans want, I wouldn't be surprised if the Muslim Brotherhood didn't win a majority, it would win half of the seats in parliament," he told Army Radio. "It will be a new Middle East, extremist radical Islam."Three decades ago, President Jimmy Carter urged another staunch American ally - the shah of Iran - to loosen his grip on power, only to see his autocratic regime replaced by the Islamic Republic. More recently, U.S.-supported elections have strengthened such groups as Hezbollah in Lebanon, Hamas in the Palestinian territories and anti-American radicals in Iran."Jimmy Carter will go down in American history as 'the president who lost Iran,'" the analyst Aluf Benn wrote in the daily Haaretz this week. "Barack Obama will be remembered as the president who 'lost' Turkey, Lebanon and Egypt, and during whose tenure America's alliances in the Middle East crumbled," Benn wrote.In Israel, critics say the U.S. has suffered a credibility loss by shaking off Mubarak when his regime started crumbling."The Israeli concept is that the U.S. rushed to stab Mubarak in the back," said Eytan Gilboa, an expert on the U.S. at Bar-Ilan University."If Obama were genuinely concerned with what is going on in Egypt, he should have made the same demands two years ago (when he addressed the Muslim world in Cairo) and eight years and 20 years ago. Mubarak didn't come to power yesterday.""As long as there are no problems, the oppression works," Israeli said. "If the oppression doesn't work, suddenly it becomes urgent. That's unacceptable."Hmmmm......"They don't trust me because of my middle name"?Read the full story here.
- Muslims Attack Two Christian Families in Egypt, 11 Killed.News of a massacre of two Christian Coptic families by Islamists just emerged from Upper Egypt with the return of the Internet connections after a week of Internet blackout by the Egyptian regime. The massacre took place on Sunday, January 30 at 3 PM in the village of Sharona near Maghagha, Minya province. Two Islamists groups, aided by the Muslim neighbors, descended on the roof of houses owned by Copts, killing eleven Copts, including children, and seriously injuring four others.Anba Agathon, Bishop of Maghagha, told Coptic activist Dr. Mona Roman in a televised interview on Al-Karma TV that the killers are their neighbors, who seized the opportunity of the mayhem prevailing in Egypt and the absence of police protection to slaughter the Copts. He said that he visited today the four injured Copts, who escaped death despite being shot, at Maghagha General Hospital and they told him that they recognized the main attackers as they come from the same village of Sharona. They gave the Bishop details of what happened."The two families were staying in their homes with their doors locked when suddenly the Islamists descended on them," said Bishop Agathon, "killing eleven and leaving for dead four other family members. In addition, they looted everything that was in the two Coptic houses, including money, furniture and electrical equipment. They also looted livestock and grain.".According to the Bishop the first group was led by Islamist Ibrahim Hamdy Ibrahim, who was joined by a gang of masked assailants. They accessed the roof of the house of Copt Joseph Waheeb Massoud through the roof of his Muslim neighbor Mahgoub el Khawaled. The armed men killed Joseph, his wife Samah, his 15-year old daughter Christine and 8-year-old son Fady Youssef.Another Islamist group led by Yasser Essam Khaled and several masked men simultaneously accessed the house of Copt Saleeb Ayad Mayez through the roof of his Muslim neighbor Mohamad Hussein el Khawaed. The Islamist shot dead Saleeb, his wife Zakia, his 4-year-old son Joseph, 3-year-old daughter Justina, his 23-year-old sister Amgad, mother Zakia and Ms. Saniora Fahim.Coptic activist Dr. Hanna Hanna views the Mubarak era with its policy of impunity to be the cause of why Copts are targeted. "Why have those Islamists chosen those two Coptic families and not Muslim ones to slaughter and rob? I believe it is because they know that with Copts they can literally get away with murder."Hmmm.....These are the Islamists that the Obama regime supports and want to talk with?Read the full story here.
- Egyptian MP Tawfiq Okasha, Owner of Faraeen TV, Calls upon President Mubarak to Be Steadfast.Read and see the full story here. .
- HT:InfidelBloggers.PS ‘Peaceful’ China NOW Supplying virtually every nuke component Iran needs.Gertz:WASHINGTON — The U.S. intelligence community has deemed China the leading supplier to Iran’s nuclear weapons program.Officials said the intelligence community has determined that state-owned and other Chinese companies were exporting virtually every component required for Iran to maintain and advance its nuclear weapons program. They said China has also supplied components, systems and technology for Teheran’s ballistic missile program, a key element in the delivery of nuclear weapons.“We’ve asked China repeatedly to stop the flow of technology and components to Iran, and they haven’t done anything about it,” an official said.Officials said Western and United Nations sanctions have failed to stop China’s aid to Iran’s nuclear program. They said Beijing and Teheran appear to have formed a strategic alliance based on Iranian energy in exchange for Chinese strategic weapons technology.Hmmmm......China needs an awfull lot of oil.Read the full story here.
- Obama calls his Christian faith a 'sustaining force'.President Obama on Thursday called his Christian faith a "sustaining force," especially in the face of those who have publicly doubted it. The president said he feels strengthened in his religious convictions when his detractors question them — a nod to those who incorrectly assert that Obama is Muslim.Hmmmmm.....And so started the 2012 campaign?Is Barrack Hussein Obama a christian was he even Baptised?What proof is there if any?Read the full story here.
- Judge Holds Obama Administration in Contempt Over Deepwater Drilling Ban.U.S. District Judge Martin Feldman chided the department for its "dismissive conduct" after he overturned the agency's decision to halt any new permits for deepwater projects and suspend drilling on 33 exploratory wells after the Deepwater Horizon blast, which killed 11 workers and triggered the massive spill.After Feldman overturned the government's moratorium in June, the agency issued a second nearly identical suspension."Such dismissive conduct, viewed in tandem with the reimposition of a second blanket and substantively identical moratorium and in light of the national importance of this case, provide this court with clear and convincing evidence of the government's contempt of this court's preliminary injunction order," he wrote.U.S. District Judge Martin Feldman chided the department for its “dismissive conduct” after he overturned the agency’s decision to halt any new permits for deepwater projects and suspend drilling on 33 exploratory wells after the Deepwater Horizon blast, which killed 11 workers and triggered the massive spill.On Wednesday, he ordered the federal agency to pay attorneys’ fees for several offshore oil companies.After Feldman overturned the government’s moratorium in June, the agency issued a second nearly identical suspension. That moratorium was lifted in October.Hmmmm....Obama's dictatorial regime and contempt for laws again exposed?Read the full story here.
- Obama delivers major speech on personal faith.President Barack Obama gave an unusually personal speech about his religious faith on Thursday, saying that "it is the biblical injunction to serve the least of these that keeps me going and keeps me from being overwhelmed," in address to a prayer breakfast in Washington.The speech, delivered at the National Prayer Breakfast, comes on the heels of public opinion surveys that show only a minority of Americans know that Obama is a Christian and that a growing number believe he's a Muslim."My Christian faith has been sustaining for me over the last couple of years and even more so when Michelle and I hear our faith questioned from time to time," the president said Thursday, referring to his wife. "We are reminded that ultimately what matters is not what other people say about us but that we are true to our conscience and true to our God."On Thursday, Obama spoke at length about his prayer life, saying his prayers fall into three categories: for those who are struggling, for personal humility, and to be closer to God."Under the radar there are of course those who would not tell the truth about him," said the White House official, who would not speak for attribution. "There are folks who have a misunderstanding of the president's faith and who repeat that misunderstanding."Hmmmmm......Where's the proof of his Baptism?Laying next to his birth certificate?Is Obama Baptised?Read the full story here.
- HT:BarracudaBrigade.Video: Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli wants to fast track case directly to Supreme Court.Read and see the full story here.
- Turkish customs control on Iran border 'from Ottoman era,' cable says.Conditions at Turkish custom checkpoints on the Iranian border are from back in the time of Ottoman border crossings, a former U.S. ambassador is quoted as saying in a diplomatic cable recently released by WikiLeaks. The ambassador said the checkpoints lack any of the tools necessary to carry out modern customs work and leave the border open to anyone when their operational capabilities are not running optimally.The U.S. diplomatic cable dated September 2009 described former Ambassador to Ankara James Jeffrey’s visit to Van “to do research on potential development projects in eastern Turkey.” In addition to the meetings with local officials, Jeffrey and the U.S. officials visited the Gürbulak and Kapıköy border checkpoints with Iran.Jeffrey said the conditions at the border posts “varied starkly.” Jeffrey said in the cable, “Gürbulak had more modern conveniences and scanning equipment, while Kapıköy had no scanning equipment at all, and even the living arrangements seemed to be substandard.“Visiting Kapıköy, on the other hand, is like traveling back in time to an Ottoman border crossing, lacking any of the tools necessary to carry out modern customs work. In both posts, however, there is a sense that when operational capabilities are not running optimally – either because the power is out or because the capacity never existed in the first place – the border is left open to anyone who is not overtly suspicious,” according to Jeffrey.“Kapıköy is located due east from Van on the Iranian border in what could charitably be described as the middle of nowhere,” the cable said. It is the only train crossing from Iran for both goods and people.“The customs officers have two official vehicles at the checkpoint, but one was inoperable and there was no fuel for the other. When asked about smuggling in the railcars, as opposed to an individual trying to smuggle things in his baggage or on his person, the customs officials expressed surprise and asked why anyone would smuggle things in railcars.” Jeffrey also said the officials reported the lack of heavy lift equipment and manpower made checking the railcars for smuggled goods nearly impossible.Hmmmm.......Erdogan is Ahmadinejad handyman.....Open borders and banks ,get Turkey out of NATO NOW !Read the full
- Ford stabbing the American Auto workers in the back,Goodbye North American jobs?Turkish firm's NY taxi bid marks a brilliant decade.The position of Karsan Otomotiv, a Turkish carmaker that serves Ford Motors, as a finalist for the bid to produce New York taxi cabs, caps a decade in which the country’s once little-known car industry has emerged as a regional powerhouse.With Ford planning to close its St. Thomas, Ontario, assembly plant that makes its large, rear-wheel-drive cars, New York is looking at other options for its taxis. Ford offers customers a version of the Transit Connect minivan built with Turkey’s Koç Holding at a seaside plant 100 kilometers from Istanbul. The Dearborn(istan), Michigan-based company began exporting the model from Turkey to the U.S. last year, selling the taxi version in 10 U.S. cities.New York’s taxi commission is evaluating “best and final offers” from the three finalists, said David Yassky, who chairs a committee of the New York mayor’s office tasked with selecting the winning bid. “The country of manufacture is not now, and has never been a criteria for taxi cabs. The now-predominant Crown Victoria is not American-made and none of the responses propose an American-made vehicle.”Hmmmm....Knowing Mayor Bloomberg's love for Islam and the Obama administrations love for Erdogan,i would say it's a given who will get the contract!Read the full story here.
- And now for something completely different!Shining white ball over Dome of the Rock sparks UFO debate.Pulsating orb descends swiftly and hovers before shooting up into the night sky at unbelievable speed.A shining ball of light has been filmed hovering above the Dome of the Rock, in footage which UFO enthusiasts say could finally prove aliens exist.The clips show the pulsating orb descend and hover above the Dome of the Rock, before shooting up into the night sky. It then descends again and disappears. Unusually, the sighting has been filmed from different viewpoints, meaning it has been more difficult to dismiss than most, the Daily Mail reported.The footage was taken in Jerusalem at 1am on Saturday morning and has spread like wildfire on the internet.It has been viewed by hundreds of thousands of people and prompted fierce debate among UFO enthusiasts and sceptics.Former Ministry of Defence UFO investigator Nick Pope told The Sun: "If these are real, they are some of the most incredible videos ever shot."If they are not, then this is a very well-planned and co-ordinated hoax designed to eliminate elements of doubt."He said the way the object shoots up suggests it is unmanned: 'We know the Israeli army has some very high-tech drones at its disposal."If this is one, it is one of the most advanced pieces of technology created by man.Hmmmm.....You know some Islamic fanatics are going to use this as a signal.Read the full story here.More here.
- Egypt protests - live updates. BBC here. 11.59am: SandMonkey, the high-profile Egyptian blogger, a key chronicler of the protests who we have quoted frequently, has been arrested according to this tweet from @RamyYaacoub:I just called @SandMonkey's phone and a man answered and he asked me who I am, I said where is monkey, he said your cunt friend is arrested.Read updates here.
- Egypt volatile situation deteriorating very quickly !Civil war might become reality. Mubarak wont step down immediately.MFS: What if Mubarak would tell Obama keep your 1,5 Billion -i'll close the Suez canal?Lets see how you like those apples? - Al Jazeera English - Live Streams From Egypt ! Here .
- Egypt protests on Twitter! here.
- Liveblog - Egypt's protests erupt. here.
- Egypt: Mubarak Regime Accuses Obama of “Inciting Violence”…The Egyptian Foreign Ministry says calls for an immediate transition from the government of President Hosni Mubarak are inciting violence."What foreign parties are saying about 'a period of transition beginning immediately' in Egypt is rejected," Foreign Ministry spokesman Hossam Zaki said, adding that such calls "inflame the internal situation in Egypt."Hmmm........Read the full story here.
- HT:InfidelBloggers.Did Washington green light Mideast uprisings?The political left in America based an entire campaign of slander, defamation and disinformation on one charge against former President George W. Bush, this being that he lied about Saddam Hussein's Iraq possessing weapons of mass destruction. Yet the effluvia of intentional deceptions, misrepresentations and outright falsehoods purveyed by our current president on a weekly basis outstrips Bush's alleged lie by such bounds that there is simply no comparison.And while the situation may be satirized by some of us, the collaboration between radical leftist leaders and the establishment press truly represents one of the most perilous phenomena this nation has ever seen. Regardless of whether or not one believes that progressivism is a societal evil, the idea that nearly every major press outlet in the U.S. would irrevocably align itself with any political faction ought to be deeply chilling to each and every American.Given the mileage progressives got out of Bush's "lie" over a six year period, it is difficult not to laugh when Obama supporters demand that we back up our accusations concerning his being less than truthful. Where would one start? During the 2008 campaign? Since his inauguration? Or would the last 48 hours suffice?The major ones remain such things as pledging not to include lobbyists in his administration and then doing so anyway. Apropos his first stimulus bill, the president assured the nation that 90 percent of the jobs created would be in the private sector – knowing full well that most would be in the public sector, thus reinforcing the power of government and its union allies.Obama, the consummate smoothie, continues to argue that his propositions are for America's good – and with the establishment press acting as his bureau of propaganda, an inordinately large number of Americans continue to believe him. Despite this, it has been widely noted that everything Obama does appears calculated to exacerbate our difficulties, rather than ameliorate them.Which brings us to his foreign policy. In regard to the nation of Egypt (which is at the brink of civil war as I write this), we have a Muslim-indoctrinated, anti-Israel American president insinuating himself into the political workings of the only major power in the Middle East that has been moderate with regard to Israel. On Feb. 1, WND's Aaron Klein revealed the secret machinations of the Obama administration in support of the Muslim Brotherhood's campaign to topple Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak.The Muslim Brotherhood – which is dedicated to the implementation of Shariah law on a global level. There shouldn't be much question as to Obama's twofold motivations here: to coalesce Muslim influence in the Middle East and compromise the security of Israel.Hello? Is it even plausible that President Obama is simply reacting to all of this – or is it more believable that Washington's yet-undetected fingerprints are all over this crisis?The depth and scope of Americans' perception and insight unquestionably leaves something to be desired here. It was worrisome indeed when otherwise sound-minded observers were taken by Obama's conciliatory words during the State of the Union address last month. Given the countless lies, clandestine measures and liberty-stultifying policies this president has employed, it is unfathomable to me that anyone given to cogent thought would see them as any more than, in Obama's own words of 2008, "just words."Hmmmmm......"They don't trust me because of my middle name" among a million other things....YES!Read the full story here.
- HT:WND.Egypt now fears Obama a 'Manchurian President'.'They are trying to understand why he is acting against U.S. interests'.Top members of the Egyptian government say they feel betrayed by President Obama, charging that he is acting against American interests. "Mubarak's regime feels Obama is pushing the advancement of the Muslim Brotherhood against U.S. interests," said WND's Jerusalem bureau chief and senior reporter Aaron Klein. "They are genuinely trying to understand why Obama is seemingly championing the anti-regime protests." Klein said that a top Egyptian diplomat with whom he has developed a rapport over the last few years asked him earlier this week to explain Obama's motivation to support the opposition to Mubarak. "I told him none of this should be a surprise," said Klein. "That the Obama administration has developed an extensive relationship over the last few years with allies of the Muslim Brotherhood."That my investigating has proven that Obama has been closely associated throughout his political career with radical-left elements who have long petitioned for policies many believe are aimed at weakening the American enterprise both domestically and internationally." "The Egyptian diplomat seemed surprised," said Klein. "I told him this material was thoroughly documented in my latest book." The diplomat requested 20 copies of Klein's New York Times bestselling book investigating Obama, "The Manchurian President: Barack Obama's ties to communists, socialists, and other anti-American extremists." The diplomat said he would deliver the book, which was co-authored by Brenda J. Elliott, to senior officials in Mubarak's embattled government. Obama in recent days urged Mubarak to give up power in Egypt, where the Muslim Brotherhood forms the main opposition. Mubarak has been a staunch U.S. ally and a recipient of billions of dollars in military aid. His regime has long been considered a stabilizing force in the Arab world. The Obama administration's support for the unrest is strikingly reminiscent of Jimmy Carter's support of the Islamic revolution in Iran in 1979, which marked the birth of modern Islamist expansion.Badi went on to declare the U.S. is easy to defeat through violence, since it is "experiencing the beginning of its end and is heading toward its demise." Barry Rubin, director of the Global Research in International Affairs Center, noted Badi's speech showed "the likelihood that more Brotherhood supporters in the West will turn to violence and fund-raising for terrorism." Frank Gaffney, president of the American Center for Security Policy, takes it a step further. "In short, the Muslim Brotherhood – whether it is operating in Egypt, elsewhere in the world or here – is our enemy," he wrote.The White House relationship with ISNA began even before Obama took office. One week before the presidential inauguration, Sayyid Syeed, national director of the ISNA Office for Interfaith and Community Alliances, was part of a delegation that met with the directors of Obama's transition team. The delegation discussed a request for an executive order ending "torture."ISNA President Ingrid Mattson represented American Muslims at Obama's inauguration, where she offered a prayer during the televised event. Mattson also has represented ISNA at Obama's annual Ramadan dinners, including the last such event in which Obama announced support for the rights of Muslims to build an Islamic cultural center and mosque two blocks from the site of the 9/11 attacks. In June 2009, Obama's top aide, Valerie Jarrett, invited Mattson to work on the White House Council on Women and Girls, which Jarrett leads. That July, the Justice Department sponsored an information booth at an ISNA bazaar in Washington, D.C. Also that month, Jarrett addressed ISNA's 46th annual convention. According to the White House, Jarrett attended as part of Obama's outreach to Muslims.Hmmmm.....Would the founding fathers have called it treason?Read the full story here.
- HT:TheJawaReport.Does the White House Think Mubarak is a Coptic Christian?Marc Ambinder, White House correspondent, thinks so.A number of White House officials were given an Encyclopedia Britannica-like briefing about the basics: how many U.S. citizens were inside the country and contingency plans to get them out; reminders that Egypt wasn’t a Muslim country; Hosni Mubarak was a Coptic Christian of a certain sect; the Muslim Brotherhood was at once an opposition political party and a co-opted part of the social system . . .Is the White House trying to lay blame on Coptic Christians? Or are they fecking stupid? Mubarak is a Sunni Muslim AND Muslims compromise 90% of the population. The Muslim Brotherhood is more than an opposition political party.Read the full story here.
- HT:NewZeal.ElBaradei's Unsavory Associates!Self appointed spokesman for the Egyptian "revolution" Mohamed ElBaradei is not a man to inspire confidence in pro-Western circles.As head of the U.N's International Atomic Energy Agency (1997-2009) ElBaradei cultivated a circle of advisers, a "kitchen cabinet" - that included an accused Russian spy, Canadian national and IAEA Verification and Security head Tariq Rauf.However it is ElBaradei's service on the Board of the International Crisis Group that should really set alarm bells ringing.With a staff of 130, based in 46 countries and an annual budget of $15.5 million, the I.C.G. is an influential but little publicized organization.According to I.C.G.'s own website;The International Crisis Group is now generally recognised as the world’s leading independent, non-partisan, source of analysis and advice to governments, and intergovernmental bodies like the United Nations, European Union and World Bank, on the prevention and resolution of deadly conflict. Our work has been applauded by, among others, former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan (‘a global voice of conscience, and a genuine force for peace’)...A more accurate description might be - meddlesome cabal of internationalists, mega "capitalists", socialists and communist troublemakers.ElBaradei's I.C.G. Board colleagues include.......Hmmmm......Definitely a case of out of the frying pan...in to the fire!Read the full story here.
- It's time for Obama to say Kefaya!It's hard to think of any other candidates at the present time.Tonight in his State of the Union address the world will learn whether President Obama has any of his once celebrated vision, courage and audacity left in him, or if he's been so thoroughly beaten down by the forces that actually run Washington that he can barely muster support for the young people around the Arab world who are increasingly saying "Kefaya", Enough!, to their governments, and the larger global system that has kept them in power for so long.It's probably too much to ask the President to say "Kefaya" to the forces that have so circumscribed his once progressive vision.So the question really needs to be asked - whose interests is President Obama serving by remaining silently supportive of the status quo when he could, and by any measure, should, be lending vocal, public support for the peoples of the Arab world as they finally rise up against their leaders?
Is it companies like Lockheed Martin, the massive defence contractor whose tentacles reach deep into every part of the fabric of governance (as revealed by William Hartung's powerful new book, Prophets of War: Lockheed Martin and the Making of the Military Industrial Complex)?Is it the superbanks who continue to rake in profits from an economy that is barely sputtering along, and who have joined with the military industrial complex's two principal axes-the arms and the oil industries-to form an impregnable triangle of corrupt economic and political power?It's hard to think of any other candidates at the present time.The evidence strongly points to the attacks on protesters as being regime-authorised and organised-- Unorganised mobs don't truck in camels and horses from the pyramids or arrive by the busload. The frightening part is, it is highly unlikely that US intelligence officials weren't aware of Mubarak's and Soliman's plans to foment chaos and violence, order the army to stand by while it unfolded, and then have them call for protesters to leave, thus providing a pretext for further violence against protesters. And yet Obama has continued to resist endorsing the protesters' call for his immediate resignation.These are the wages of Obama's unwillingness to take a direct, early, public and forceful stand in full support of the pro-democracy movement. His wavering and sending back-door diplomats only gives the impression that the US is either working with the regime to help quash the protests and enable Mubarak to stay on long enough to ensure a new government continues to follow American policies, or at the very least has done nothing to stop this process from unfolding. But Egyptians will remember this, and whether or not Mubarak succeeds in holding on to power till the fall, it is likely that the Egyptian people will hold President Obama and the United States at least partly responsible for the bloodshed that is threatening to destroy their revolution.Hmmmm......The defenition of "Kefaya" enough?Are they asking the President to become a dictator?Read the full story here.
- Video: Vandals rip heads off two mummies in Egyptian Museum.Vandals ripped the heads off two mummies and tossed relics onto the ground in Cairo's Egyptian Museum, the country's antiquities chief said Sunday.But the group of about nine people did not manage to steal anything from the museum's collection, according to Zahi Hawass, secretary-general of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities.The would-be thieves, who broke into the museum Friday around 6 p.m., were arrested and jailed, Hawass said.The museum has stepped up security and is now guarded by Egypt's army, he said.The antiquities chief said 10 small artifacts were also damaged, but can be restored.The Egyptian Museum is located in Cairo's Tahrir Square, which has been a focal point for anti-government protests.Hmmm......Even the mummies are loosing their head these days in Egypt.Read the full story here.
- 20,000 join Yemen's 'Day of Rage'.Arab unrest permeates Sanaa, protesters demand change beyond president's retirement in 2013.Further anti-government protests were expected across Yemen, which Saleh has ruled for over three decades, and supporters of the president were driving around the capital urging Yemenis over loudspeakers to join pro-government counterdemonstrations. But by early morning, anti-government protesters had already gathered the largest crowd since a wave of protests hit the Arabian Peninsula state two weeks ago, inspired by protests that toppled Tunisia's ruler and threaten Egypt's president. "The people want regime change," protesters shouted as they gathered outside Sanaa University. "No to corruption, no to dictatorship." Saleh, eyeing the unrest spreading in the Arab world, indicated on Wednesday he would leave office when his term ends in 2013, and promised his son would not take over the reins of government, among a host of other political concessions.US President Barack Obama telephoned Saleh to express support for his initiative, the state news agency Saba said. "You have handled the situation well, and I look forward to working with you in a good partnership between the two countries," it quoted Obama as saying. Hmmmmm.......That "outreach to muslims" is really bearing fruit Mr President,half of the Middle East is about to explode!Read the full story here.
regimeadministration threatens climate veto.The Obama administration Wednesday repeated its threat to veto legislation that would curb its ability to regulate greenhouse gases. Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Lisa Jackson said that the White House continues to oppose any efforts from Capitol Hill to hamstring her agency on climate change.“What has been said from the White House is that the president’s advisers would advise him to veto any legislation that passed that would take away EPA’s greenhouse gas authority,” Jackson told reporters on Capitol Hill. “Nothing has changed.” EPA’s climate policies came under attack this week when Sens. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) and John Rockefeller (D-W.Va.) — backed by a host of co-sponsors — rolled out bills Monday to hamstring EPA’s authority to regulate greenhouse gas emissions.But despite the increasingly vocal calls from the GOP and some Democrats to scale back EPA’s authority to clamp down on heat-trapping emissions, Jackson pledged to defend her agency’s rules. “These efforts would halt EPA’s common-sense steps under the Clean Air Act to protect Americans from harmful air pollution that until now has not been regulated at all from any sources in this country,” Jackson told reporters today after an appearance before the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee.Hmmmm........Follow the dots to Chicago.....Carbontrading.....the ex - shorebank and Obama.One billion Dollars for re-election is an awfull lot of money!Read the full scamstory here.
- House Republicans eye UN budget in vote next week.WASHINGTON (AP) — House Republicans are eyeing reclaiming hundreds of millions of dollars in U.S. contributions to the United Nations in a vote slated for next week.The move is the latest in a series of votes scheduled by GOP leaders, based on polling of people who visit a “YouCut” website they created last year.Options include seeking a refund of unused U.S. contributions to U.N. peacekeeping activities, demanding return of U.S. overpayments into a fund that reimburses U.S. employees for taxes paid on their U.N. salaries, or prohibiting the government from giving economic aid to countries that hold large amounts of U.S. debt.The potential savings range from $46 million to $180 million, a drop in the bucket when measured against the nation’s projected $1.5 trillion deficit.Read the full story here.
- HT:TheJerusalemBlog.Petition: US must veto anti-Israel UN resolution.Earlier this month, 120 UN member nations co-sponsored a draft resolution to the Security Council condemning Jewish communities in the West Bank (known to Israel’s enemies as “the settlements”). The resolution’s aim is to pressure the US to “pick a side.” In its language, the resolution delegitimizes Israel by isolating settlements as the only factor in halting the peace process. It says that “Israeli settlements established in the Palestinian Territory occupied since 1967, including East Jerusalem, are illegal and constitute a major obstacle to the achievement of a just, lasting and comprehensive peace.”When this resolution comes to a vote in the UN Security Council—a 15-nation panel— the US must veto this bias resolution. A non-veto will rightfully spark a crisis in US-Israel relations as it will mark the first time a US president has allowed an anti-Israel resolution to go through the Security Council. We wait to see what the US administration will decide. According to TJCI contributing editor Victor Sharpe, “If Obama withholds his veto power and allows the brutal anti-Israel and anti-Jewish resolution to pass, he will commence what many have said he has always planned to do; set in motion an existential threat to Israel’s basic security and very survival.”Hmmmm....Sign the petition cause we all know"They don't trust me because of my middle name"among a million other things.Read the full story here.
- HT:NewsRealBlog.Obama to Muslim Brotherhood: Hello, Come Right In!The Obama Administration says it would approve of the inclusion of the Muslim Brotherhood in the next Egyptian government if it explicitly rejects violence and endorses democracy—which, by the standards of the Brotherhood and its naïve apologists, the group already has.The West shouldn’t be fooled by the Brotherhood’s semantics. The top Brotherhood theologian, Sheikh Yousef al-Qaradawi, has spoken in support of elections and “democracy” and “freedom,” but by “freedom” he means the true “freedom” that can only come from Sharia law, not secularism. And when the Brotherhood condemns the use of violence, it is only referring to in Egypt where popular support is a better tool than violence. They aren’t referring to anywhere else, especially in Israel and the Palestinian territories. After all, Hamas is a branch of the Brotherhood. This is from Article 2 of Hamas’ 1988 Constitution:The Islamic Resistance Movement is one of the wings of Moslem Brotherhood in Palestine. Moslem Brotherhood Movement is a universal organization which constitutes the largest Islamic movement in modern times.I don’t know if the White House’s statement regarding the Brotherhood is a recognition of reality or a severe misinterpretation of reality. The Brotherhood is a major player in Egypt and the U.S. can’t ban them from taking part in the electoral process, especially when they are part of the El-Baradei coalition.It’s possible that the White House judged it was better to just accept this fact. On the other hand, it is possible that the White House is being deceived by Brotherhood apologists that claim the group is moderate and democratic. Reza Aslan even wrote that it is a “good thing” for the Brotherhood to play a major role in Egyptian politics.The big question now is who has the White House’s ear. Is it those who are better versed in John Esposito or those who are better versed in the Holy Land Foundation?Read the full story here.
- HT:SultanKnish.Will Ethanol Break the Muslim World After All?Ethanol has proven to be an inadequate solution to the problem of foreign oil, but it has toppled at least one Arab ruler and may not be done yet. The Soros backed college students and the Islamists have done their part in the protests, but the Tunisian and Egyptian mobs would never have made their showing without a goad. And the goad was high wheat prices. Part of the spike in wheat prices was due to the shift to ethanol production.Remember when Americans were lining up with cans of gasoline during the OPEC oil boycott? Arab Muslims are now in the same boat, except with bread, rather than oil. Arab countries are frantically buying wheat, especially after the events in Tunisia and Egypt. Regime stability in the Middle East is now tethered to wheat prices. The Arab has prided itself on the power to pressure America using the price of oil, but the United States has now proven that it can do the same thing to the Arab world with the price of wheat. The price of oil may be climbing in America, but in Saudi Arabia the price of wheat is up by more than half.Read the full story here.
- Turkish FM hits back against Dutch party's claims.Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu refused Wednesday to respond to a question on comments from the Dutch far-right Freedom Party calling Turkey a totalitarian country, saying he saw no need to answer such an “irrelevant question.”“If somebody calls Turkey totalitarian, I don’t need to answer such a question,” Davutoğlu told a joint news conference with his visiting Dutch counterpart, Uri Rosenthal.The comments came in response to a question from a Dutch journalist about the Freedom Party’s description of Turkey. In the Netherlands, the Liberal Party and the Christian Democrats formed a minority government following last year’s elections. Freedom Party leader Geert Wilders, who claims Islam equals fascism, backs the Dutch minority government."If somebody calls Turkey totalitarian, I don't need to answer such a question. He doesn't know what totalitarianism means, what the democratic atmosphere of Turkey is and what Europe's values are. For us, our counterpart is the Dutch government," Davutoğlu said. “As the government, we know their position. It is important for us.”Hmmmm.......
IranTurkey the worst violator of human rights indeed.Read the full story here.
- Muslim councillor receives death threats over Asia Bibi blasphemy case.A Muslim Conservative councillor has received death threats after taking up the case of a Christian woman sentenced to death in Pakistan for blasphemy.Raza Anjum travelled to Pakistan in December and spent three weeks meeting political leaders urging them to release Asia Bibi, a mother-of-five found guilty of defaming the Prophet Mohammed, a conviction that human rights campaigners say is unsafe. In one threatening phone call, which he has reported to police, he was told to “stop supporting Christians or he would be made a terrible example out of”. He told The Daily Telegraph he had received five violent threats since returning, all from people claiming to be Muslim and speaking with British accents. “The British Muslim community need to be more proactive in speaking out against those who promote hatred and violence” said Mr Anjum, 25, who sits on Saffron Waldon Town Council. “I will stand up against these extremists.” The case of Asia Bibi has unleashed dark forces in Pakistan.Human rights activists say the legislation — toughened under the hardline rule of General Zia ul-Haq — is being used to settle scores and persecute religious minorities.Hmmmm....."Islam the religion of peace".Read the full story here.
- Somali convicted of attacking Danish cartoonist.AARHUS, Denmark (AFP) – A court on Thursday convicted a 29-year-old Somali man of attempted terrorism and attempted murder for attacking a Danish cartoonist who caricatured the Prophet Mohammed.The court in the central Danish town of Aarhus ruled that Mohamed Geele not only tried to kill Kurt Westergaard when he broke into his home on January 1, 2010, wielding an axe and a knife, but that the attack also amounted to an act of terrorism."The court deems that the attempted murder of Kurt Westergaard in his own home, (of the man who) personifies the Mohammed cartoon affair, must be considered as an attempt to instil a heightened level of fear in the population and to destabilise the structures of society," which falls under the Danish anti-terrorism law, judge Ingrid Thorsboe told the court.The verdict was reached by a unanimous jury, she added.Westergaard, 75, had testified during last month's trial that Geele rushed in screaming "You must die! You are going to Hell!", forcing the cartoonist to escape "certain death" by rushing into a bathroom-turned-panic-room to call police.The Somali had threatened police with his axe and knife before being shot twice and placed under arrest.Geele insisted during the trial he was only trying to scare the cartoonist.The Aarhus court is scheduled to rule on Geele's sentencing Friday. The Somali risks life in prison.Hmmmm......His lawyer did not want him to be accused of terrorisme?Read the full story here.
- "Life or death in Iran's Prisons".Ministry of Intelligence Orders Removal of Hossein Ronaghi Maleki’s Infected Kidney.The physical health of Hossein Ronaghi Maleki held in ward 350 of Evin prison is severely deteriorating, but authorities have ignored the situation. His life is at serious risk.According to HRANA, the Ministry of Intelligence has not approved a sick leave for Hossein Ronaghi Maleki and, instead, ordered the removal of his infected kidney, even though the Evin prison doctors believe that a laser operation on his kidney will allow for it to function again without removal.Hossein Ronaghi Maleki had no health issues prior to his imprisonment and the kidney infection began while he was held in ward ward 2A of Evin prison (controlled by the IRGC).Additionally, two Revolutionary Guard agents (whose names HRANA has not revealed but has stored in their database) have interfered with the case due to their own personal reasons (Hossein’s family had once filed a complaint against them) and added new charges to his case file, resulting in Hossein being denied sick leave.Hossein Ronaghi Maleki, blogger, human rights activist, and the person in charge of the Iran Proxy group was arrested on December 13, 2009 in Malakan by the Revolutionary Guard forces. He was immediately transferred to ward 2A in Evin prison.He spent a year in solitary confinement and endured various forms of physical and mental torture. Finally, on December 19, 2010, he was tried in an illegal court to give a television interview. He was sentenced to 15 years in prison by Judge Pir Abbasi in branch 26 of the Revolutionary Court.The charges for Hossein Ronaghi Maleki are “Membership in the Iran Proxy group”, “Insulting Ayatollah Khamenei and President Ahmadinejad”. Due to the interference of the IRGC with his case, his sentence was upheld by branch 54 of the Appeals Court in Tehran.Read the full story here.
- Iran Sends Defiant Message to West With Claims of Technological Advances.Dubai, United Arab Emirates (AP) - An Iranian supercomputer. New space rockets and satellites carrying the flag of the Islamic Republic. Biotech innovations that include artificial tendons.Iran's claims of scientific advances are coming at a rapid-fire pace these days as the country begins events to mark the anniversary of the 1979 Islamic Revolution.It's become part of annual celebrations of scholarship and military might. But this year, there is an added message to the West after the latest talks over Iran's nuclear program fizzled in January: Tehran's ability to make atomic fuel remains at the heart of the country's drive for home-grown technology."The government's support for science and technology is an unchangeable strategy," said President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad last month at a high-tech trade exhibition in Tehran. "This includes the nuclear efforts."Iran plans a major tech exhibition beginning Saturday in Damascus, Syria, whose underlying purpose seeks show that international sanctions have not crippled Iran's labs.The expo is expected to showcase an array of made-in-Iran innovations from more than 120 companies including precision industrial equipment, nanotechnology and aerospace-related items. No nuclear technology is on the list.An Iranian diplomat in Syria told The Associated Press that the five-day exhibition -- the first of its kind outside Iran -- aims to show "friend and foe" that sanctions have not slowed Iran despite claims by U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and others. The diplomat spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not allowed to brief reporters.Meanwhile, Iranian officials have unveiled an array of purported advances in recent weeks, including a new gamma radiation units for medical treatments and a supercomputer billed as among the top 500 most powerful in the world.Read the full story here.
- The Germ of Hate Spreads in Russia.The terror attack on Moscow's main airport last week has fuelled the flames of xenophobia in Russia. The Kremlin isn't intervening to halt the trend that could cause deep rifts in the country's multiethnic society.The wreckage at Moscow's Domodedovo Airport had hardly been removed before a young man in St. Petersburg had incorporated the attack into his election campaign.Andrey Kuznetsov, a computer engineer with neatly parted brown hair, is campaigning for a seat in the regional parliament as a representative of the extreme right-wing party Movement Against Illegal Immigration (DPNI). Kuznetsov wants to see guest workers that have come to St. Petersburg from Central Asia and the Caucasus expelled or at least required "to live in certain neighborhoods, so that they can be monitored more easily."On Tuesday, the day after the suicide bombing at Domodedovo Airport, which has been traced to groups in the Caucasus, DPNI supporters protested in St. Petersburg's Kupchino neighborhood. One of the party's activists had been stabbed and wounded by an Azerbaijani."The war in the Caucasus has arrived in our cities," says Kuznetsov. "We send them money, and they send us terrorists." President Dmitry Medvedev's strategy of trying to pacify the region with billions in investment is a "bad joke," says Kuznetsov. "The experiences in Germany and France show that Muslims do not assimilate. We have to keep them out."The right-wing extremists' demands are also meeting with approval among ordinary citizens. A radical form of Islam is gaining the upper hand in the Caucasus. More than 40 percent of Russians favor the secession of the region. The number of attacks there has doubled within a year, and hundreds of thousands of ethnic Russians have fled to Russia. The wars the Kremlin waged in Chechnya and Georgia were in vain, and today the majority of Russians no longer want Chechens, Dagestanis, Ingush and Balkars as fellow citizens.Twenty years after the collapse of the Soviet Union, terrorism is challenging not only Moscow's control of the Caucasus but also Russia's future as a multiethnic society. The country is home to more than 100 nationalities. Muslims make up 20 million of a population of 141 million, and seven million guest workers contribute to prosperity in Russia. In surveys, however, 36 percent of Moscow residents say that they feel "hatred" toward Chechens.A few days after Putin's appearance, the Moscow police chief announced that he intended "to examine whether liberal and democratic principles are truly compatible with the interests of the public." He wants to reintroduce the strict Soviet-era registration system, which significantly limited unrestricted movement around the country.However, betting on the chauvinistic feelings of a deeply insecure nation has always been risky. In 2003, the Kremlin launched the nationalist Rodina (Motherland) Party, headed by the charismatic politician Dmitry Rogozin, Russia's current ambassador to NATO in Brussels. When Rodina promptly captured 9.2 percent of the vote, Kremlin planners dropped their support for the party because of its "xenophobia."Hmmmm......The "War" with the Caucasus did not start in the 20Th century and probably wont stop in the 21Th Century.Read the full story here.
- Sharia Brutality on a Raped 14 year old Girl ,lashed to death in Bangladesh .A girl named Hena, age 14, was murdered by local Sharia Committee at Shariatpur in the southern part of Bangladesh. The daughter of poor farmer named Darbesh Kha, Hena was forcefully abducted and raped on January 30, 2011 during late at night by Mahbub, age 40. During this abuse, villagers arrived in response to the cries of Hena. At the same time, the imam of the local mosque, a man named Mofiz Uddin, and a few teachers of Madrassa [Koranic School] led by Saiful Islam, also arrived; instead of taking any action against the rapist, the Muslim clergymen took Hena inside the Madrassa and locked her in a room. The following day, the same imam and some of members of the Sharia Committee in the village sat for a trial of Hena on charges of "immoral sexuality" before marriage. Later the committee decided to punish Hena with 200 lashes, and took financial penalty of only TK. 10,000 [US$ 150] from the rapist.During the lashing, Hena became unconscious; when she was rushed to the nearby village hospital, the attending doctors declared her dead.After lodging a murder case with the local police station, a few influential members of the local mosque committee, as well as Sharia Law Committee, are telling members of media that Hena was involved in "immoral activities," and the villagers caught her red-handed while she was having physical relations with a villager; and that later the Sharia Law Committee punished Hena for such anti-Islamic and immoral activities. They denied admitting that Hena died during being lashed. Further, a few political leaders in the area are frantically trying to save the rapist and the members of the Sharia Law Committee.Hmmmmm......."Sharia Law And US Constitution are The Same" Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf.Read the full story here.HT:TROP.
- HT:StrategyPage.One Gurkha, 40 Bandits, No Contest! For the last five months, India has been celebrating and honoring a retired Gurkha soldier (Bishnu Shrestha) who, singlehandedly killed three bandits, wounded eight and drove off another 30. This incident occurred five months ago, and since then Shrestha has been given medals, cash and accolades for his outstanding valor and prowess. The Indian Gurkha regiment he recently retired from persuaded him to return to active duty so he could receive a cash award and a promotion. Bishnu Shrestha father had also served with the same unit, and retired from it 29 years ago. All this occurred because Bishnu Shrestha was on a train where about forty bandits, pretending to be passengers, suddenly revealed themselves, and, armed with knives, swords and pistols, stopped the train in the jungle, and proceeded to rob the hundreds of passengers. When the bandits reached Shrestha, he was ready to give up his valuables, but then the 18 year old girl sitting next to him was grabbed by the robbers, who wanted to rape her. The girl, who knew Shrestha was a retired soldier, appealed to him for help. So he pulled out the large, curved khukuri knife that all Gurkha soldiers (and many Gurkha civilians) carry, and went after the bandits. In the narrow isle of the train, a trained fighter like Shrestha had the advantage.Bishnu Shrestha, however, took the legend a step further, by defeating 40 armed bandits all by himself. That was just a bit unusual, even for a Gurkha. But not unexpected.Read the full story here.
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
- Egypt volatile situation deteriorating very quickly !Civil war might become reality. Mubarak wont step down immediately.MFS: What if Mubarak would tell Obama keep your 1,5 Billion -i'll close the Suez canal?Lets see how you like those apples? - Al Jazeera English - Live Streams From Egypt ! Here .
- Egypt protests on Twitter! here.
- Liveblog - Egypt's protests erupt. here.
- HT:AmericanThinkers.The Story of the Egyptian Revolution.One week ago, Egypt was a stable authoritarian regime, prospects of change were minimal and every expert in Washington would have betted on the endurance of its regime. Today, Egypt is in a state of chaos. The regime, even after using its mightiest sword is not able to control the country and the streets of Egypt are in a state of utter lawlessness. As the world stands in awe, confusion, and worry at the unfolding events, perhaps it is important to write the evolving story that is happening in Egypt before any reflections can be made on them.Contrary to pundits, it turns out that the Egyptian regime was neither stable nor secure. The lack of its stability is not a reflection of its weakness or lack of a resolve to oppress. It is a reflection of its inherent contradiction to the natural desire of men to enjoy their basic freedoms. Egyptians might not know what democracy actually means, but that does not make the concept any less desirable. Perhaps it is precisely its vagueness and abstraction that makes the concept all the more desirable.Where Egypt will go from here is an enigma. In a sense everything will be the same. The army that has ruled Egypt since 1952 will continue to rule it and the country will still suffer from a huge vacuum of ideas and real political alternatives. On the other hand, it will never be the same again. Once empowered, the Egyptians will not accept the status quo for long.On the long run the Egyptian question remains the same. Nothing has changed in that regard. It is quite remarkable for people to be talking about the prospect for a democratic transition at this moment. A population that was convinced just two months ago that sharks in the Red Sea were implanted by the Israeli Intelligence Services is hardly at a stage of creating a liberal democracy in Egypt. But the status quo cannot be maintained. A lack of any meaningful political discourse in the country has to be addressed. Until someone actually starts addressing the real issues and stop the chatterbox of clichés on democracy, things will not get better at all. It will only get worse.Hmmmm......It's high time the Army restores order in the "Egyptian' way.Read the full story here.
- HT:Aina.Obama's Brotherhood Moment!Game over: Barack Obama has endorsed a role for the Muslim Brotherhood in a new, post-Mubarak government for Egypt.This should come as no surprise. Obama has behaved consistently all along, from his refusal to back the protesters in Iran, who were demonstrating against an Islamic Republic, to his backing of these protesters in Egypt, to whom he has just given a green light to establish a government that, given numerous historical precedents, will likely be the precursor to an Islamic Republic.White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said Monday that a post-Mubarak Egyptian ruling group "has to include a whole host of important nonsecular actors that give Egypt a strong chance to continue to be [a] stable and reliable partner."Robert Malley, an Obama adviser and Mideast negotiator for Bill Clinton, explained that Obama's expression of willingness to see the Brotherhood as part of a ruling coalition in Egypt was a "pretty clear sign that the U.S. isn't going to advocate a narrow form of pluralism, but a broad one."In The Post-American Presidency, Pamela Geller and I profile Robert Malley, Samantha Power, and other fierce foes of Israel in the Obama Administration. In light of the information we reveal in the book, the Administration's stance toward the Muslim Brotherhood comes as no surprise. But the ideology and goals of the Muslim Brotherhood will come as a surprise to most Americans, especially now that the mainstream media is retailing numerous soothing falsehoods about the group. Thus they warrant a closer look.Al-Banna is a revered figure in the Muslim world today, and by no means only among radicals. His grandson Tariq Ramadan, the well-known European Muslim moderate, praises his grandfather for his "light-giving faith, a deep spirituality, [and] personal discipline." And many of al-Banna's writings are still in print and circulate widely.The Brotherhood has never rejected or renounced al-Banna's vision or program. And now it is closer to implementing it in its homeland than it ever has been before -- no little thanks to Barack Obama.Hmmmm....."I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."Read the full story here.
- Egypt rejects calls for transition to start forthwith.Belgian journalist beaten, held in Egypt barracks.A Belgian journalist was beaten up and dragged off to a barracks in Cairo on Wednesday by non-identified civilians who accused him of supporting Egyptian dissident Mohamed ElBaradei, his newspaper said.In a brief phone conversation from Cairo with daily Le Soir, Serge Dumont said:"It was aggressive, violent. I received several blows to the face. They claimed I was pro-ElBaradei. They took me to the military in one of the barracks at the outskirts of town.""There they gave me a glass of water, from the Nile, they said, to give me diarrhoea. I'm being held by two soldiers with Kalashnikovs. They say they're going to take me to the secret service. They say I'm a spy."Dumont, whose real name is Maurice Sarfatti, also covers the Middle East from Israel for Swiss paper Le Temps and French regional paper La Voix du Nord.He was covering a pro-Mubarak demonstration in the suburb of Choubra in central Cairo on Wednesday, Le Soir said.Read the full story here.
- HT:TheWorstPoliticalBlog.Michelle wants to visit India again, says Obama.The Times of India: WASHINGTON: American First Lady Michelle Obama wants to visit India again, this time with her daughters Malia and Sasha, President Obama told India's national security advisor Shivshankar Menon when he dropped in on Menon's meeting with his US counterpart Tom Donilon at the White House last week. There was more to the remark than politeness.As if to emphasize he was not saying it for form's sake, Obama reportedly added that the First Lady is a "very determined" woman and she usually has her way.The Obama children did not make it to India during their parents' visit last November because the Obamas did not want them to miss school during a four-country trip starting in India that would have kept them away for two weeks.Hmmmmm......State of the Union speech" This March, I will travel to Brazil, Chile, and El Salvador to forge new alliances for progress in the Americas." What are the chances she would stay home?Read the full story here.
- HT:Investors.Would We Drill For $200 Oil?Energy Security: As unrest spreads in the Middle East, threatening oil transport and oil-rich kingdoms, our laughable energy policy may come home to roost. Better get those wind turbines spinning in a hurry.Between them, the Suez Canal and adjoining pipeline transport some 4.5 million barrels of oil per day. More than 35,000 ships used the canal in 2009, about 10% of them oil tankers. The thought of the Muslim Brotherhood in control of it should give us pause. Yet that's a real possibility as the well-disciplined and ruthless mother of all Islamofascist groups lies in wait.The street protests that began in Tunisia and have consumed Egypt have spread to Jordan, prompting King Abdullah II to sack his prime minister and ask a predecessor in that post to form a new government that would push for reforms and get ahead of the curve of unrest in the region.Tunisia, Egypt and Jordan do not have much in the way of domestic energy supplies, but just down the road are the kingdoms of Saudi Arabia and the Gulf emirates.The possibility of upheaval visiting their shores must be considered, especially with an ambitious and meddling Iran nearby.If ever there was a time when we needed to work on U.S. energy security and independence, that time is now. And we're not talking about carpeting vast expanses of American soil with solar panels and wind turbines to do nothing when the sun doesn't shine and the wind doesn't blow. We are talking about going after the American oil and natural gas we have deliberately put off-limits.Incredibly, we are moving in the opposite direction. The Energy Information Administration said last month that 2011 offshore oil production would decline 13% over 2010 due to the effects of the offshore drilling moratorium and the snail's-pace permitting process. That's about 220,000 fewer barrels of oil per day.The Heritage Foundation reports that new drilling permits are down 88% from their historical average. Even shallow-water permits, supposedly unaffected by the moratorium, are down 11%.Hmmmmm.......If you wanted to destroy America would you do anything different?Read the full story here.
- Eyes on the mosque.Bay People pester city, inspectors halt construction.The city halted construction of the controversial Sheeps- head Bay mosque and cultural center on Tuesday thanks to the constant needling of the project’s main opponent.Members of he anti-mosque group Bay People — which was created to stop the construction of the house of worship on Voorhies Avenue between E. 28th and E. 29th streets — have been protesting outside the site for the last few days and have repeatedly sent complaints to the city’s Department of Buildings stating that the work at the site was being done illegally. Responding to the complaints, inspectors came to the site on Feb. 1 and found a crew inside an elevator pit that was rendered off limits by a Jan. 3 decree, because it was deemed too close to the adjoining property. “The Department found excavation work being performed that violated an existing stop-work order,” said city Department of Buildings spokeswoman Jennifer Gilbert. “As a result, the Department immediately stopped the work and is in the process of issuing violations for non-compliant conditions.”Some neighbors said the construction crew working on the mosque had been flaunting the rules since the first shovel went into the ground.“[The construction workers] play games,” explained Valary Bounitch. “They work here all day, but stop right before the inspectors come.”The city’s Department of Buildings website notes that “fines are due” for violating the partial stop-work order, but did not indicate just how much mosque builder Allowey Ahmed will have to fork over. A call to Ahmed for comment was not returned.The deluge of complaints — 24 in total, 11 of which have been filed this year — prompted a nasty back and forth between Bay People spokesman Alex Tenenbaum and the city’s Department of Buildings community liaison Kenneth Lazar, in which Tenenbaum accused the city of not investigating the group’s complaints.“Your accusation that the Department of Buildings is ignoring your complaints is erroneous,” Lazar fired back. “Inspectors have been to the location numerous times over the past few weeks. Most of the detailed complaints generated have been found without merit.”Read the full story here.
- President Obama Signs START Treaty, Doesn't Allow Reporters in the Room.President Obama signed the START nuclear disarmament treaty with Russia this morning.Despite the great attention the president has devoted to this treaty -- and the vast coverage of the treaty negotiations by the media -- the White House refused to allow reporters or TV cameras in the room. Still photographers were the only representatives of the free press permitted to record the historic moment.Those cameras captured President Obama signing the documents, seated at the Resolute DeskResolute Desk. Behind him stood Joint Chiefs Chairman Admiral Mike Mullen, Defense Secretary Robert Gates, Energy Secretary Steven Chu, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Sens. John Kerry, D-Mass., Dick Lugar, R-Ind., Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., and Thad Cochran, R-Miss., and Vice President Biden.The White House Correspondents Association protested the White House’s decision to refuse to permit reporters access to the event, in addition to the dearth of press briefings since the crisis in Egypt began to unfold, a crisis in which President Obama continues to celebrate the great freedoms and openness enjoyed in this country.Hmmmm......The "emperor" doesn't allow the masses to approach him?Read the full story here.
- Yes, Islamists Are Coming Through Mexico!Said Jaziri was seen getting in the trunk of a smuggler's car by bystanders, captured only by luck and their patriotism.When chaos reigns supreme in a nation that shares an almost two-thousand mile border with the United States, and that border is not protected to the extent it should be, undesirable elements sneaking their way from Mexico into the U.S. becomes the rule instead of the exception. We have all been made aware of the drug shipments that come into the U.S. through the porous and undermanned Mexican border, and we all know of the steady stream of Mexicans that for decades have snuck through looking for a better life in the U.S. for themselves and their families back in Mexico. However, it is next to impossible to tell who else comes across the U.S./Mexico border until they are apprehended, or worse.On January 11, U.S. Border Patrol agents pulled over a BMW near the Golden Acorn Casino, 50 miles east of San Diego, California. The vehicle was driven by Kenneth R. Lawler. Border Patrol agents found Lawler had tucked away in the trunk of his car a souvenir of sorts from Mexico: a radical Muslim cleric by the name of Said Jaziri.Lawler was arrested and is being held on charges of alien smuggling, while Jaziri is being held for illegally entering the country as well as being a material witness to the crime.Hmmmm.....Slipping trough the Mexican border!NOT CANADIAN BORDER!Read the full story here.
- Muslim imam, given award by Princess Anne, facing jail for raping boy, 12, at mosque.A Muslim cleric, once decorated by Buckingham Palace, is facing jail after being convicted of 'preying on' and 'abusing' two boys at his mosque.Mohammed Hanif Khan, 42, one of Britain's most influential imams, became the first ever full-time Islamic minister in the history of the British prison service in 2001.Highly respected, in 2004 he visited the Palace to receive a Butlers' Trust Award from Princess Anne for his work in diversity. Under his grand title of Sheik Mohammed Hanif Haqqani Kareemi he led prayers and gave Islamic education to boys.But a two-week long trial at Nottingham Crown Court heard Hanif Khan used his position of power at the mosque in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs, to terrify, intimidate and abuse the two young boys in 2009 - then aged 12 and 15.After three days of deliberation a jury found him guilty of two counts of rape and one count of sexual activity with a child. He was remanded in custody for sentencing at a later date.Hanif Khan told detectives there was absolutely no truth in the allegations and that he had acted properly 'both inside and outside the mosque'.Prosecutor Tariq Shakor Khan added: 'He said that as part of his pastoral duties he had sought to correct the boys' behaviour in areas where they had gone wrong.'As soon the allegations were known in the community there was an immediate revenge attack on Hanif Khan - as three men held him down and shaved off his beard to humiliate him.Last October North Staffordshire Magistrates' Court heard that Mohammed Jameel, 31, Mohammed Nadeem, 28, and Mohammed Safir, 32, held him down as he was shaved with electric clippers.Jameel and Mohammed Safir were sentenced to a total of 26 weeks in prison while Nadeem escaped jail, after the court heard he reluctantly took part in the attack.'Khan was in a position of trust and exploited the access he was afforded as their teacher to abuse the boys.'Khan protested his innocence throughout the court proceedings; however the jury disbelieved this and accepted the prosecution case.Hmmmm......Read the full story here.
- Canada - Superior Court rules Ontario Human Rights Tribunal hearing was unfair.A Mississauga businesswoman whose home was ordered seized to pay an Ontario Human Rights Tribunal award to a former employee can keep her house — for now.The Superior Court struck down the “fatally flawed” decision as so unfair to defendant Maxcine Telfer — who represented herself in the hearing — that it was “simply not possible to logically follow the pathway taken by the adjudicator.” That October 2009 decision ordered Telfer to pay $36,000 to a woman who had been her employee for six weeks. Lawyers wanted the sheriff to seize and sell Telfer’s home to collect the money.The woman who lodged the complaint, Seema Saadi, told the tribunal she felt pressured to wear skirts and heels instead of her hijab. Saadi also said Telfer complained about the smell of food that she warmed in the microwave. The three-judge Superior Court panel ordered the tribunal to hold a new hearing before a different adjudicator, expected to be held in the next six months.It also dismissed Telfer’s $36,000 penalty, which ended a plan by the complainant’s lawyers to get the money by ordering the sheriff to sell her house.“I feel vindicated,” said Telfer, who owns Audmax Inc., a company that gets federal government money to provide job training to immigrant women.The Superior Court ruling is a powerful reminder to Ontario’s new human rights legal system — created in June 2008 — that fairness is paramount. It is the first time a tribunal decision has been sent back for a new hearing.Lawyer Charney said he got involved after Telfer panicked over the prospect of losing her home.“The only reason they backed off,” Charney said, “is because we got this judicial review and we convinced them to wait until the hearing was over before they tried to seize their house and sell it with the sheriff.“This was for an employee who had been with the company less than six weeks.”The Superior Court found nine points in which the tribunal adjudicator failed to provide a fair hearing or made legal errors.The court also ordered Saadi to pay Telfer $10,000 in legal costs.The legal support centre has said it will pay that bill, and represent Saadi at the new hearing.Hmmmmm......PC or utter madness at times?Read the full story here.
- Muslim leaders visit Auschwitz.Imams, clerics from dozens of countries speak out against Holocaust denial, racism in Mideast.AUSCHWITZ – Muslims, Jews, and Christians marched towards Auschwitz death camp this week, among the ice-capped trails in the freezing Polish winter.Wool caps, turbans, and rabbis' top hats could be seen huddled together in the cold for a moment of silence near the ruins of the crematoriums. "I feel true pain," said British Imam Abdul-Jalil Saeed as he walked through the shacks of Birkenau."I believe the Muslims must stand by their Jewish friends, because anti-Semitism in Europe is on the rise and where there is anti-Semitism Islamophobia is not far behind. It is a matter of educating our future generations," he said."Much has been said so far but if we want true change we must act." When he returns to Britain, Saeed said, he plans to organize a seminar and write pamphlets about his experience at the death camp – anything to get the message across. When asked whether he believed worshippers at his mosque were prepared to hear such messages he answered, "People understand. I can't say everyone – there will always be bad and incendiary people – but we must ignore them or, if they do something illegal, lock them up."We must focus on the silent majority so that it will march forward and say: Never again.""There are many trips to Auschwitz, but what makes this trip special is that it has brought here for the first time 200 people from five continents and 40 countries, among them many Muslims – intellectuals, clerics, politicians, imams, and mayors. It is important that you pass this on," she said. "We don't bring people here to make them cry. This is not the aim of Project Aladdin," Revcolevschi added. "This is an educational project for the long term."The delegation, comprised of 150 people, included citizens of Morocco, Jordan, Turkey, and Iraq, as well as rabbis and priests, who flew from Paris to Krakow and from there traveled to Birkenau by bus. Some canceled their participation due to the uprisings in Tunisia and Egypt, but Muslim presence was still tangible.Before exiting through Auschwitz's haunting gate, we gathered to light candles in memory of the victims. Rabbi Lau thanked the Muslim delegates, and reminded everyone present that the lessons of the Holocaust have not yet been learned if massacres like that which occurred in Kosovo were still being carried out."You are all now witnesses," he said.Grand Mufti of Bosnia Mustafa Ceric agreed. "I wanted to see it with my own eyes. What you hear and what you see are not the same thing," he said."I never cared about Auschwitz and never knew about it until it happened to my people, and I am here to tell you and the whole world not to wait for the next genocide. You have the ability to prevent it. If we had prevented the Holocaust in Auschwitz, we could have prevented the Srebrenica massacre."Hmmmmm........"Never Again"?Erdogan ...."Muslims don't commit genocide".Read the full story here.
- Israel - Church unearthed may hold Zechariah tomb.Israeli archaeologists unveiled on Wednesday the remnants of a newly discovered Byzantine-era church they suspect is concealing the tomb of the biblical prophet Zechariah.The church, with intricate and well-preserved mosaic floors, was discovered on the slopes of the Judaean hills at Horbat Midras, the site of a Jewish community in Roman times, southwest of Jerusalem.Underneath is a second layer of mosaics dating from the Roman period, with a cave complex still further below which archaeologists think could be Zechariah's tomb."Researchers believe that in light of an analysis of the Christian sources ... the church at Horbet Madras is a memorial church designed to mark the tomb of the prophet Zechariah," the Israel Antiquities Authority said.A statement noted, however, that more work is needed to confirm the hypothesis.A Jewish prophet of the late sixth century before Christ, Zechariah is associated with the book of the Old Testament that refers to four horsemen and other visions prefiguring the coming of God in judgement.The church at Horbat Midras was discovered after a gang of tomb raiders was found to be in possession of the church lintel -- part of the door structure -- which they said came from an underground location."Following the discovery, an excavation was carried out with the aim of revealing the secrets of the monumental building which the lintel belonged to," added the statement."There is no doubt the discovery is extraordinary and of great importance in terms of research, religion and tourism," it said.Hmmmm.....Couldn't have come at a better moment?Read the full story here.
- HT:ZeroHedge.GM Parks 510,000 Cars With Dealers, 31% Higher Than Year Earlier.One more month, one more chance for GM to stuff its dealers with cars. Sure enough, in the just release January sales PR, the company announced that "General Motors dealers in the United States reported 178,896 total sales in January, a 23-percent increase from a year ago for the company’s four brands. The gain was driven by solid retail sales which were 36 percent higher than a strong January a year ago." And behind the scenes, GM has continued to shove a whopping 510,000 cars with dealers: In January 2011, the firm had 510k cars at its dealers, compared to just 390,000 in January 2010, a 30% increase. Furthermore, as the only component of consumer credit that is surging, non-revolving loans, indicates that virtually all car purchases are made based on the old formula of "no money down." And with the government backstopping both the car maker and the lender banks, we would be very interested in discovering just how bad the delinquency rate in non-revolving car debt is over the past year, especially as it relates to GM.Hmmmm.....Sales up 23% -Stocks up 30%?Read the full story here.
- HT:BlacklistedNews.Pay-as-you go meters will see internet users charged PER GIGABYTE in Canada.Canada set to introduce new billing system next month.We have become accustomed to receiving unlimited access to the internet for a set monthly payment.But all that is to change in Canada next month when people will have to pay for what they use with a new metering system.The go-ahead for pay-as-you-go came last September when Canada's Radio-Telecommunications Commission ruled Bell Canada could implement the new system.Bell, the country's largest telecommunications company, has now decided to take advantage of the decision which means that instead of a flat fee, subscribers will pay for content per gigabyte. Furthermore, there will be a limit to how much data can be downloaded.Controversial: Canadian Internet subscribers are to be charged by the gigabyte for content, meaning prices will rise while data download limits are reduced.The system will mean higher bills for both Bell subscribers and those using other internet service providers.This is because although the ISPs provide the 'last mile of access' for customers they too will have to shoulder a higher burden by linking to the Bell network.Internet service providers have been publishing their new data plans, and the revised charges have met with a barrage of criticism.'Like our customers, and Canadian internet users everywhere, we are not happy with this new development,' wrote the Ontario-based independent service provider TekSavvy in an e-mail message to its subscribers.Bell Canada, the country's largest telecommunications company, is to begin usage-based billing for Internet access.The uproar has prompted the Canadian government to join the debate, according to science website arstechnica.com, with Industry Minister Tony Clement saying he will review a federal telecommunications regulator’s decision to effectively kill off plans offering unlimited internet access.The decision triggered widespread outrage from a variety of consumer and citizens’ groups, with small business owners warning it will thwart their ability to use online services such as video and teleconferencing.Mr Clement said in an interview: 'I am hearing from a lot of people who feel this will damage our economy. They are worried this will stifle innovation.'Hmmmmm......Profits Bell canada 2010....Revenue C$4.52 bln vs average forecast C$4.43 bln.Read the full story here.
- HT:TundraTabloids.Finnish state broadcaster YLE : The Great Mufti and the Nazis!It’s about time, finally something of value for our 270 Euros we shell out each year to the Finnish state for the privilege of watching TV. A documentary that shows the working relationship between the Arabs and the German National Socialist during WWII.Read and see the full story here.
- Boy Bagged For Taking Eco-Unfriendly Ziploc to School!Father Rages About Teaching 'Propaganda;' Earth Day Educators Say Teacher Was Wrong.Isabel Theoret was preparing a sandwich for her 6-year-old son's Kindergarten class one day last week, when he screamed out, "No Mommy! Not a Ziploc!"The child, who lives with his family in the town of Laval in Quebec, explained that his teacher would exclude him from a contest to win a stuffed teddy bear if he brought an environmentally unfriendly plastic baggie to school. "Felix explained with lots of emotion and tears in his eyes that there was a simple condition to entering the drawing: Don't use a Ziploc bag in their lunch," his father, Marc-Andre Lanciault wrote on his French-language blog, "Notre Vie" [Our Life]. "Felix reacted as if someone had slaughtered a pig for his ham sandwich," said his father, who is CEO and founder of the technology company INBOX International. When the father questioned Felix's teacher, she responded, "You know, Mr. Lanciault, it's not very good for the environment," according to a report in Canada's National Post. "We have to take care of our planet and the bags do not decompose well." The baggie blow-up rippled across blogs in both Canada and the United States, as critics wondered why environmental education had to be so dogmatic, especially among the youngest students. On his blog, Lanciault accused the school of "propaganda" and wondered if the next move would be to discipline school children who wore clothes made in China.He acknowledged children need to learn not to waste natural resources and said his wife usually puts sandwiches in Tupperware, but those containers were in the dishwasher.Lanciault said his son had only learned to fear plastic bags.When ABCNews.com contacted Lanciault through Facebook, he said the family would not comment further because the story had "grown to unexpected proportions."But some sided with the teacher. "I am fully in agreement with the school," wrote Johannie. "They must learn that if we do not take care of the environment, it will not be there for much longer. How [long] does it take to wash three Tupperware [containers]?"Hmmmm.....Read the full story here.
- HT:EWeek.Security: Stuxnet: Hunting for the Malware's Origins.The Stuxnet worm’s origins have been a hot-button topic since it was first detected last summer, and it continues to be gnashed over, as evidenced by events in the past two weeks. There are reports this week that Russia’s envoy to NATO has called for organization members to join Moscow in investigating who launched Stuxnet. Before that, there was a Jan. 15 article in The New York Times in which unnamed sources said Israel’s Dimona complex in the Negev desert was a testing ground for the worm. Earlier this month, there were discussions at Black Hat DC about the worm’s code, which Securicon security consultant Tom Parker noted during a presentation contained basic errors despite having elements of sophistication. Peeling back the layers of Stuxnet has been a long and winding road, an effort that is sure to continue. It’s not hard to understand why the worm has captured so many people’s attention. The prospect of malware being able to disrupt a nuclear facility set off the bells of cyber-security experts, politicians and the public alike. It was cited by U.S. lawmakers as a justification for legislation, and by others for better industry regulations. With questions still open, Stuxnet remains a mystery. Here, eWEEK takes a look at some of the recent revelations about the worm and its impact on cyber-security.Hmmmm.....Not only it slowed down Iran ,it also scared the Superpowers!That's why they want to know "Who done it"?Read the full story here.
- And now for something completely different.Some fins up! 100,000 sharks mass off Florida's beaches.This is quite a shark tale.Pilot Steve Irwin was astonished after spotting a mass of more than 100,000 sharks swimming just 100 yards off Florida's sandy beaches.The long-time fisherman and marine technology expert was cruising 300ft above the clear waters in his helicopter on Sunday when he came across the astonishing scene.The sharks - believed to be Spinners, between 3ft and 7ft long - were heading north and swimming parallel to the east coast's idyllic white beaches between Fort Lauderdale and exclusive Jupiter Island.'I've been a fisherman for 20 years and I also kayak out there and it's common to see them twist and turn and shoot through the air.'They're prevalent at this time of year but what amazed me was the sheer numbers of them.'There were tens of thousands of them - I'd say maybe 100,000.'I kept on flying for about 20 miles and they just kept on coming.'It's common to see large predatory sharks come in and feed on schools of bait-fish - the odd thing was I didn't see any bait-fish at all!'Hmmmm....Anyone has a theory to share?Read the full story here.