- Jewish congresswoman shot in Arizona.Shocking attack in US: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords shot in the head during public event in Tucson; conflicting reports about her condition. More than 10 people hurt in shooting, fatalities include judge, 9-year-old girl.Shocking attack: US Representative Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona was shot in the head outside a grocery store in Tucson while holding a public event, National Public Radio reported on Saturday.She is the first Jewish woman from Arizona to be elected to Congress and is also known as a pro-choice supporter but also as a supporter of gun rights. Giffords highlighted her Jewish identity as part of her first Congress campaign.“If you want something done, your best bet is to ask a Jewish woman to do it,” she said at the time.Giffords is the granddaughter of Akiba Hornstein, the son of a Lithuanian rabbi who in the 1940s moved from New York to Tucson. He later changed his name to Giff Giffords in an effort to avoid anti-Semitism.In a recent visit at the Temple Emanuel synagogue she told the congregation that the US must remain committed to Israel, the Middle East's only democracy. Last week, she wrote in Arizona's Jewish newspaper that there would be no peace in the region before the Palestinian leadership and other organizations accept Israel's right to exist.Hmmmm.....Now gunned down by a "person" who considers Mein Kampf as one of his favorite books,and still the left wont call it what it is!It's Antisemitism - JudenHass or whatever you want to call it!So go on shouting on the corners of the streets about "Islamophobia" while a Jewish congres woman is shot in broad daylight!He might be deranged but it's still "The Jew" who's the victim.Read the full story here.
- Breaking News!Arizona Democratic Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot and critical condition at Public Event! Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot along with three of her aides by a gunman Saturday morning outside a grocery store in Tucson while holding a public event, Fox News has confirmed.Twelve others were shot as well at Giffords' first public event called "Your Corner." The gunman is in custody.Giffords was taken to a hospital but the condition of those shot was not immediately known, a senior congressional aide told Fox News.Rep. Giffords, who is 40, is married to an astronaut. Jonathan Allen of Politico says that Giffords is involved with immigration and armed services issues.Congres woman shooting Update !At least four people are dead, University Medical Center spokesman Darci Slaten said.Eight others were shot, including three of the Arizona Democrat's aides, at Giffords' "Your Corner" event held at a Safeway grocery story. A suspect is in custody.The three staffers who were shot worked out of Giffords' Arizona office.Her husband Mark Kelly scheduled to command the Shuttle Endeavor in April...he is reportedly on his way to Tuscon w their daughter. Read the story as it develops Here,Live update here.Video report here.
- Updated !Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona " in critical condition," she was shot in the head Saturday when an assailant opened fire outside a grocery store during a meeting with constituents, killing at least five people and injuring several others in a rampage that rattled the nation. "She's in critical condition," Giffords was among at least 18 people shot, and the hospital said her outlook was "optimistic" and that she was responding. "She's in critical condition," Dr. Peter Rhee said. "The neurosurgeons have finished operating on her and I can tell you that in the current time period I am very optimistic about recovery ... she was following commands."Rhee described Giffords' wound as "through-and-through ... It went through her brain."The hospital said a 9-year-old child was among the killed, and a federal judge was also fatally shot."It's not surprising that today Gabby was doing what she always does, listening to the hopes and concerns of her neighbors," Obama said in a nationally televised news conference. "That is the essence of what our democracy is about."Hmmmm....I can not believe it that he's trying to get political advantage from this shooting.On second thought ...yes i can.Read the full story here.
- HT:GatewayPundit.Related:AZ SHOOTER: Left-Winger JARED LOUGHNER – He Likes Watching US Flags Burn & Favorite Book is Communist Manifesto.He is definitely NOT a tea partier….Killler identified: Jared Loughner. He is 22. Born September 1988.He was reportedly left-wing, quite liberal.** His favorite books: Communist Manifesto, Mein Kampf.10 Patients- 1 has died. Several – Five are in critical condition.The Congresswoman is in critical condition. She was shot in the head one time.Channel 9 WSYR reported:Congressional officials say an aide to Rep. Gabrielle Giffords has died after an attack in Tucson, Arizona.A hospital official there says the congresswoman herself is alive but in critical condition after being shot in the head.The AP reports that the gunman is identified as Jared Laughner; he is in custody.Hmmmm........Let me see : The gunman, who listed Mein Kampf as a favorite, shoots a Jewish Congresswoman.Another one to the FBI statistics of Hatred towards the Jews not Muslims! Read and see the full story here.
- Shia leader Al-Sadr calls on Iraqis 'to resist'the US occupiers.Shia leader urges peaceful resistance and a rejection of violence in his first address since returning from exile.Muqtada al-Sadr, the Iraqi Shia Muslim religious leader, has called on his followers to resist the "occupiers" of Iraq.In his first public address since returning from self-imposed exile, he called on the newly formed government to make sure all US forces left Iraq by the end of the year as planned."We are still resisting the occupation through armed, cultural and all kinds of resistance, so repeat after me: no, no to occupiers," al-Sadr told a crowd of thousands outside his ancestral home in Najaf on Saturday."Yes, yes for Muqtada! Yes, yes for the leader!" the crowd shouted, waving Iraqi flags and al-Sadr's pictures.David J. Ranz, the spokesman for the US embassy in Iraq, brushed off al-Sadr's remarks, saying the speech contained "nothing new".A security agreement between Washington and Baghdad requires all US forces to be out of Iraq by the end of the year, but officials in both countries have admitted that security forces are not yet ready to protect Iraq's borders from possible invasion.Al Jazeera's Jane Arraf in Baghdad said that al-Sadr's message specified ending the occupation as a key goal."He made clear reference to fighting them [the US forces] with all means necessary ... but he also made clear that this is a more disciplined Sadr organisation," she said."He said breaches would not be tolerated and that Iraqis would not assassinate Iraqis ... altogether a much more determined, perhaps a more disciplined Muqtada al-Sadr."Police and al-Sadr's guards were out in force in Al-Hanana, the area of Najaf where al-Sadr's home is located, and where he spoke.Al-Sadr left Iraq at the end of 2006, according to his movement, and had reportedly been pursuing religious studies in the Iranian holy city of Qom. He returned to his home city of Najaf on Wednesday.Iraq's new government, which was finally approved by parliament on December 21 after nine months of delays, includes six ministers from Sadr's bloc and the popular leader said that it must be given a chance to perform. "The government is new, so we should give it a chance to prove it is at the service of the people," Sadr said.Ali Al-Saffar, the deputy editor and Iraq analyst at the Economist Intelligence Unit, said that al-Sadr's remarks about the government were probably more significant than the rhetoric about resistance."I think Muqtada al-Sadr has realised that times have changed since he left Iraq," he told al Jazeera from London.Hmmmmm.....More important is the question "What is Turkey's (IRAN's) Role in this"?related:"Iraq's Shiite radical leader Moqtada al-Sadr on Saturday met with some 70 co-religionists in Istanbul, including members of the Iraqi parliament."He met Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan first for talks on "security in Iraq and the promotion of links between the parties," according to a Turkish diplomat who spoke on condition of anonymity."Once Again i strongly recommend "GET TURKEY OUT OF NATO!"They are the ennemy within the Western defence!And what and how much exactly does the Obama administration know about all this?Read the full story here.
- No Burqa on the Greyhound Bus?A Chicago woman says she was denied travel on a Greyhound bus last month while wearing a full burqa and is looking for reimbursement from the company.
Jacqueline Pasha said she's traveled by Greyhound for years and was floored when an agent wouldn't let her board an Arkansas-bound bus to visit her family for the holidays last month."She said, 'You look scary. There's too much going on in the world today for you to be dressed like that. I can't see your face,'" the 31-year-old recalled.Pasha said she offered to show her face to any female employee in private."I said, 'Ma'am, I'll show you my face, no problem.' She said, 'You might have something under there.' I said, 'You can search me in a separate room, said recounted.
Ultimately, the newly-married woman who has been a Muslim for about five years was sent home with her tickets and a suitcase full of gifts for her three children.Pasha and her husband were in Chicago to find a new home, and her husband was going to continue the search for the roughly two weeks that Pasha was with her family.Since the Dec. 20 incident, the couple has racked up bills for food and hotels. The couple wants Greyhound to reimburse them for those expenses and the unused bus ticket.A Greyhound spokesman denies Pasha's claim."The customer who contacted you had a non-refundable ticket for travel on that specific day and when the customer indicated she no longer wanted to travel that day, we reissued her ticket," said Bonnie Bastian, a Greyhound manager of media relations. "At no point did we refuse to allow her to travel on our buses."The Department of Human Rights is investigating and is expected to return a legal opinion soon.Hmmmm....Another "Milkcow" is "Discovered"?Read the full story here.
- HT:CreepingSharia.The “Lady Caliphs” (video).An old clip from ESPN, but the glaring omissions to sell Islam to the masses is more evident now than it was when this post 9-11 clip was aired. The Lady Caliphs of W Deen Mohammed High School in Atlanta, Ga.“Take hope” seems to be what many Muslims are taught, not just the Lady Caliphs.A little background on W Deen Mohammed that ESPN failed to mention:Born in Chicago in 1933, Wallace Deen Muhammad (WDM) is the son of Elijah Muhammad, who was the leader of the Nation of Islam (NOI) for forty years (until his death in 1975). Wallace Deen Muhammad (also known as Warith Deen Muhammad, Wallace Delaney Muhammad, and Warithuddin Muhammad) began working for NOI after his graduation from high school.What could be being taught in these Middle Eastern funded schools? The name of the team itself, Lady Caliphs, dosen’t bode well for non-Muslims. A caliph is generally used to describe the leader of the Islamic ummah, that is ruled under sharia law.Read and see the full story here.
- HT:BigPeace.South Sudan: George Clooney and Larco Lomayatdit say Goodbye, Unity, Hello Independence!Bye Bye to Unity is the words people of South Sudan are saying every day and are waving their hands when greeting themselves; which also means Bye Bye for Unity.Not only South Sudanese are saying Bye Bye for Unity, if you can see here, the world’s celebrity a well-known Hollywood Movie Star George Clooney is waving his hands saying Bye Bye to Unity.See the whole thing here.
- HT:TheDailyCaller.Somali Islamists ban men, women from shaking hands.Al-Qaida-linked militants in war-torn southern Somalia have banned unrelated men and women from shaking hands, speaking or walking together in public, residents said Saturday. People who break the rules could be imprisoned, whipped or even executed.The insurgents already have banned women from working in public, leaving many mothers with a terrible choice: risk execution by going to sell some tea or vegetables in the marketplace, or stay safely at home and watch the children slowly starve.“It’s an awful rule. I feel like I’m under arrest. I’ve started to ignore the greetings of the women I know to avoid punishment,” Hussein Ali said by phone form the southern Somali town of Jowhar. The edict is also being enforced in the town of Elasha.Gunmen are searching buses for improperly dressed women or women traveling alone, said student Hamdi Osman in Elasha. She said she was once beaten for wearing Somali traditional dress instead of the long, shapeless black robes favored by the fighters.The Islamists’ insistence that women wear the long, heavy robes also forces many women to stay at home because they can’t afford the new clothing.In Jowhar, the insurgents are now also insisting that men grow their beards but shave their mustaches, said another resident, who asked not to be named for fear of retribution.The Islamists have also banned the cinema, music, and bras because they say they are all un-Islamic. Such restrictions are influenced by foreign fighters practicing Wahhabi Islam, which is much stricter than Somalia’s traditional Sufi Islam that incorporates a long tradition of poetry and song.“The last time I listened a song or music, was two years ago, before the insurgents managed the full control of my village,” said Bile Hassan. Now, he says, even the memory of music makes him feel afraid.Read the full story here.
- HT:BigPeace.IPT.Why Are American Muslim Groups So Quiet About the Assassination of Pakistani Governor?American-Muslim groups were swift to issue statements condemning New Year’s Eve bombing attacks at a Nigerian army barracks and at a Coptic church in Alexandria, Egypt. But those same groups have been silent since Tuesday’s assassination of a moderate Pakistani governor over a religious dispute as Islamists rejoice and hail the killer as a hero.JeI leader Munawar Hasan blamed the victim, saying “Salman Taseer was himself responsible for his killing. Any Muslim worth the name could not tolerate blasphemy of the Prophet, as had been proved by this incident.
”Sindh Asadhullah Bhutto, head of a JeI branch, told a news conference that Qadri “is a pious man and will go directly to heaven.”Bhutto then said that Aasia Bibi, the Catholic woman Taseer defended who is facing execution for alleged blasphemy “will suffer the same fate if the punishment awarded to her by the court for using derogatory remarks against Hazrat Mohammed Mustafa (PBUH) is not implemented.”American Muslim groups which advocate interfaith dialogue can benefit from taking a stand for Taseer and Bibi.The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) called the New Year’s Eve bombings “cowardly” attacks meant “to harm long-term relations between Muslims and Christians.” But its officials have endorsed blasphemy laws as recently as 2006.During a news conference in the wake of the riots protesting the publication of cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad, then-CAIR Chairman Parvez Ahmed said Muslim outrage about the cartoons was justified, but that “Violence is not justified. Peaceful protest is justified. Harmful, destructive behavior of properties is not justified.”Still, he indicated that expanding hate-crime laws to cover speech might not be enough. Policy makers should “even contemplate about passing blasphemy laws,” he said, citing icons including the Quran and the Prophet Muhammad which have been ridiculed. “So governments, legislatures, international bodies … must contemplate about what are the ways in which an anti-blasphemy law can be passed that can protect the right to exercise freedom of religion.”CAIR officials declined an invitation to appear on the “O’Reilly Factor” last month to discuss the Bibi case.Those officials normally do not hesitate to weigh in on foreign affairs when it suits them, condemning burka bans in France and Tunisia, and issuing almost daily statements Israel’s 2009-10 fight against Hamas in Gaza. But the pattern of selective outrage is well-established. The 2004 murder of Dutch filmmaker Theo Van Gogh after he produced a short film, “Submission,” which was critical of Islam’s treatment of women, drew no condemnation. The same goes for threats that have followed Van Gogh’s partner in that project, Aayan Hirsi Ali.When CAIR national spokesman Ibrahim Hooper mentions Hirsi Ali, it is to dismiss her, saying “her message is one of bigotry, not one of mutual understanding” and calling her ‘just one more Muslim-basher on the lecture circuit.”The Muslim Public Affairs Council, which has stood up for free speech, hasn’t issued any statement on Taseer’s killing or what it means for Pakistan’s future. The same goes for the Islamic Society of North America.A looming “descent into chaos” in Pakistan will only make the challenge in the fight against terror greater. A few press releases aren’t going to change that. But a united front among Muslim communities around the world that – while they may be offended by things written or said about their faith – killing the offenders is worse. That would be an important statement for tolerance and modernity.Hmmmm.....He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it. Martin Luther King, Jr."Read the full story here.
- Former US attorney-general visits Hamas terror leader in Gaza.Ramsey Clark, a long-time critic of US foreign policy who served on Saddam Hussein's legal team, meets with Haniyeh.Former US Attorney-General Ramsey Clark is in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip on a solidarity mission.Clark met with Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh on Wednesday to kick off a three-day visit. He'll also meet with human rights activists and visit relatives of people killed during Operation Cast Lead two years ago.Clark did not comment to reporters, but Haniyeh's office says the two discussed Israel's blockade of Gaza and recent escalations in Israeli-Palestinian fighting.The visit places Clark at odds with American foreign policy, which shuns Hamas as a terrorist group. A longtime critic of US military policy in the Middle East, Clark served on Saddam Hussein's defense team.Hmmmm....Who's Former U.S. Attorney General Ramsey Clark 1. 2. ?Read the full story here.
- HT:BigPeace.China: No Need to Verify, Just Trust Us.Americans are frustrated with China. Big time. The most recent leaks of State Department documents reveal Peking with explicit complicity in arming Iran with ballistic missiles and nuclear weapons technology. An article also appeared in the Washington Post calling attention to the major advancements China has made in ballistic missile technology, including rockets capable of attacking American aircraft carriers at distances up to and beyond 1000 kilometers.Americans rightfully are asking, “Were not the Chinese going to help us with sanctions against Iran? Didn’t they vote for the UN sanctions? Does such a report run counter to the conventional narrative that despite some small lapses, the PRC is really helping the US counter such proliferation?”Well, Americans are right to have doubts. Chinese “cooperation” is a pile of largely false promises. It reminds one of the story about a priest who enters the monastery and prays to God to “let me be chaste, but not yet!”What do the facts show? Let’s review just the past few years the highlights of Peking’s actions.Chinese airports are used to trans-ship North Korean armaments to Iran. For some reason, the excuse we hear is that China is unaware of such activity and is just “not looking” in the right direction. On November 30, the Wall Street Journal had a hysterical news story how China’s inspectors were just not doing an adequate interdiction job. The headline was China was looking “in the wrong direction.” What, they could not figure out which of the planes at their airports were North Korean?They even had folks at the Arms Control Association fooled. China says ACA, is only guilty of “benign neglect,” don’t you see? Nothing to worry about here. Apparently, it did not occur to them that China is helping ship missiles to Iran from North Korea deliberately.When it was revealed such rockets from North Korea have a range around 3500-4000 kilometers, we were initially told not to worry. We are assured that these new missiles could indeed allow Iran for the first time to reach Western Europe but well, the Iranians do not have the technology to build small nuclear weapons of the size that could be mated with such rockets. Oh, I really am feeling better already! What good news.But then just a few days later, Global Security Newswire reported North Korea was working on making smaller nuclear weapons capable of being mated to their current rocket inventory which of course includes the BM-25. And their current rocket inventory is being shipped to Iran. Oops!Unfortunately, there is a pattern that cannot be ignored. The Chinese regime believes it has a right to rule the world. It reacts menacingly to perceived slights and blacklists those it deems not sufficiently supportive—panda-huggers as they are known.Some analysts see their enhanced military capabilities as nothing more than part of their ocean port projects in Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Burma, Cambodia and Timor. But these projects are the first installment of future Chinese hegemonic actions. China has a thirst for petroleum and natural gas that is second to none in the world. It is securing not just access to such resources but a guaranteed supply. Their military will follow the port projects and that will be the key signature on all energy deals they are now making—whether off the coast of Brazil or Cuba. The oil is theirs, period.Proliferation of the most dangerous kinds of weapons and the missiles to deliver them are part of this strategy. Arm America’s adversaries and give China a free hand as much as possible.And then add to that the following “top 25 Chinese hegemonic hits”.Read the full story here.