- Live broadcast info from Japan directly ! Here.
- Libya Live Blog - April 29. Here .(Al-Jazeera).
- Syria Live Blog - April 29. Here (Al-Jazeera).
- Live feed and highlights of the Royal wedding from :
"The Royal Channel" here.
- Updated !Earthquakes in the last 24 hours in the world low seismic activity in Japan today between 4.9 and 5.0! More info here.
- Japan - Latest official Situation Update No. 100.Source : Here .
- Japan : For the most accurate info on the nuclear disaster go to : Paul Langley's Nuclear History Blog
- Obama’s Economic Policies Create Misery.(Cato)The public has finally started to give President Obama’s economic policies a big “thumbs down”. This shouldn’t surprise anyone who is familiar with the Misery Index.While President Obama sings the glories of big government, it is ironic that he has been marked by the curse of government failure. One metric that measures how this curse will affect the President’s performance is the Misery Index.Read and see the full story here.
- What is it about twin girls born day after Obama?(WND).(See previous post wednesday).Today, Barack Obama blinked – releasing birth records he has hired lawyers to prevent the public from seeing, even at the expense of allowing U.S. Army Lt. Col. Terrence Lakin to be court-martialed and sent to prison for having dared ask questions the White House until now has resolutely dismissed with ridicule and disdain. A key problem for Obama is that birth certificates issued to twin girls born one day later at Kapi'olani hospital, the Nordykes, are the Rosetta Stone of deciphering both Obama's previously released short-form Certification of Live Birth and the newly released purported copy of his long-form birth certificate.The problem since the short-form certificate was released during the 2008 presidential campaign has always been this:
As WND reported, the long-form birth certificates issued by Kapi'olani to the Nordyke twins have certificate numbers lower than the number given Obama, even though the president purportedly was born at the same hospital a day earlier than the Nordykes.
Note, Susan Nordyke, the first twin, was born at 2:12 p.m. Hawaii time Aug. 5, 1961, and was given certificate No. 151 – 61 – 10637, which was filed with the Hawaii registrar Aug. 11, 1961.
Gretchen Nordyke, the second twin, was born at 2:17 p.m. Hawaii time Aug. 5, 1961, and was given certificate No. 151 – 61 – 10638, which was also filed with the Hawaii registrar Aug. 11, 1961.
Yet, according to the Certification of Live Birth displayed by FactCheck.org during the 2008 presidential campaign – and now according to the long-form birth certificate the White House released today – Barack Obama was given a higher certificate number than the Nordykes.
Note, Obama was given certificate No. 151 – 1961 – 10641, even though he was born Aug. 4, 1961, the day before the Nordyke twins, and his birth was registered with the Hawaii Department of Health registrar three days earlier, Aug. 8, 1961.In 1961, the birth certificate numbers were not assigned by the hospitals. Instead, the numbers were stamped to the birth record by the Hawaii Department of Health at the main office in Honolulu. This is the only place birth certificate numbers were assigned. At the last step of the process, the documents were accepted by the registrar general, with the date of registration inserted in box No. 22 on the lower right hand corner of the long-form birth certificate. The date the birth document was accepted by the registrar general was the date the birth certificate number was stamped on the birth record. The birth certificate number was stamped on the form by a rubber stamp that automatically increased by one each time a birth certificate was stamped. The question, therefore, is how was it possible that the Nordyke twins had their birth certificates accepted by the registrar general in Hawaii three days later than the registrar general accepted Obama's birth certificate, when the twins' numbers are lower than Obama's number?Now that President Obama has personally vouched for the authenticity of the birth certificate the White House released today, he can reasonably be asked to authorize Kapi'olani Medical Center to release any and all medical records the hospital may hold for his mother and Barack Obama Sr., his listed father. The debate over Obama's eligibility to be president has truly only just begun, with Obama's status having changed overnight from a bemused observer to a full-contact participant. Two weeks before the publication of my book "Where's the Birth Certificate?" the effort to document Obama's past has begun in earnest. Fundamentally, the world changed for Barack Obama this morning, not just in increasing pressure for the release of the many hidden documents about his past, but in the inescapable reality that the White House must defend this newly released birth certificate as authentic. Before today, Obama may have attempted to explain away problems with the short-form Certification of Live Birth as the work of his supporters. Before today, the president largely remained above the fray. Now, he has fully engaged in the presentation and defense of his birth records and his status as a "natural born citizen" under Article 2, Section 1 of the Constitution. Obama's presidency now depends upon the White House being able to support the veracity of all the information contained in the birth document released yesterday morning. In the final analysis, proof that the document is an authentic Obama birth record will await forensic examination.Read the full story here.
- Barack Obama’s Birth Certificate. So Fake It Had To Be Done On Purpose.(LogisticsMonster). The only curiosity questions I have left is ‘why obviously forged’ and ‘why now?’ Who gains and how?Now for the forgery. First up; Karl Denninger of MarketTicker.org showing that the AP’s scan of the document the White House gave them is just that; a scan. He then shows the document that was posted on the White House website as a manufactured photoshop document that has layers, overlays, no ‘scan landmarks’, color blurring, etc.Next up, Alex Jones and one of his photoshop experts explaining the layering, original print and added print, and wondering why the White House would release an obviously assembled document.Hmmm........In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way. – Franklin D. Roosevelt.Read the full story here.
- Obama regime punishes reporter for using multimedia.(SfGate).The hip, transparent and social media-loving Obama administration is showing its analog roots. And maybe even some hypocrisy highlights. White House officials have banished one of the best political reporters in the country from the approved pool of journalists covering presidential visits to the Bay Area for using now-standard multimedia tools to gather the news.The Chronicle's Carla Marinucci - who, like many contemporary reporters, has a phone with video capabilities on her at all times - pulled out a small video camera last week and shot some protesters interrupting an Obama fundraiser at the St. Regis Hotel. She was part of a "print pool" - a limited number of journalists at an event who represent their bigger hoard colleagues - which White House press officials still refer to quaintly as "pen and pad" reporting.But that's a pretty Flintstones concept of journalism for an administration that presents itself as the Jetsons. Video is every bit a part of any journalist's tool kit these days as a functioning pen that doesn't leak through your pocket.The President and his staffers deftly used social media like Twitter and Facebook in his election campaign and continue to extol the virtues and value. Except, apparently, when it comes to the press.So what's up with the White House? We can't say because neither Press Secretary Jay Carney nor anyone from his staff would speak on the record.Other sources confirmed that Carla was vanquished, including Chronicle editor Ward Bushee, who said he was "informed that Carla was removed as a pool reporter." Which shouldn't be a secret in any case because it's a fact that affects the newsgathering of our largest regional paper (and sfgate)and how local citizens get their information.What's worse: more than a few journalists familiar with this story are aware of some implied threats from the White House of additional and wider punishment if Carla's spanking became public. Really? That's a heavy hand usually reserved for places other than the land of the free.Mason referred to the San Francisco St. Regis protest as "a highly newsworthy event" where "reporters had to rely on written pool reports..."Except, thanks to Carla's quick action with her camera, they didn't. I get that all powerful people and institutions want to control their image and their message. That's part of their job, to create a mythology that allows them to continue being powerful. But part of the press' job is to do the opposite, to strip away the cloaks and veneers. By banning her, and by not acknowledging how contemporary media works, the White House did not just put Carla in a cage but more like one of those stifling pens reserved for calves on their way to being veal.Carla cannot do her job to the best of her ability if she can't use all the tools available to her as a journalist. The public still sees the videos posted by protesters and other St. Regis attendees, because the technology is ubiquitous. But the Obama Administration apparently wants to give the distinct advantage to citizen witnesses at the expense of professionals.Why? Well, they won't tell us.The White House Press Correspondents' Association pool reporting guidelines warn about "no hoarding" of information and also say, "pool reports must be filed before any online story or blog." While uploading her video probably was the best way to file her report, Carla may have technically busted the letter of that law.But the guidelines also say, "Print poolers can snap pictures or take video. They are not obliged to share these pictures...but can make them available if they so choose."Then what guidelines is the White House applying here? Again, we don't know."We've come full circle here," Tom Rosenstiel, director of the Pew Foundation's Project for Excellence in Journalism told me today. "A newspaper reporter is being punished because she took pictures with a moving camera. We live in a world where there are no longer distinctions. The White House is trying to live by 20th century distinctions."Hmmmm.....Dictatorship or Democracy?Don't 'soil' dear leader.Read the full story here.
- Mexican drug gangs being armed with U.S. weapons.(DailyMail).Mexican drug cartels are being armed with weapons supplied by the U.S., leaked documents show.The WikiLeaks files, written by U.S. military chiefs, reveal that grenades and light anti-tank weapons seized from drug traffickers in Mexico and Colombia were from the U.S.A cable entitled ‘Honduras: Military weapons fuel black market in arms’ states that the serial numbers of arms taken from drug gangs coincide with those supplied by the U.S. to the Honduran Armed Forces.According to the Defense Intelligence Agency file, the brands and serial numbers seized equipment are the same as a shipment sent to the Second Infantry Battallion in Honduras.‘The [U.S. Government] has become aware that light anti-tank weapons (LAWs) and grenades supplied to Honduras under the Foreign Military Sales program were recovered in Mexico and Colombia,’ the cable said.‘According to the [Defense Intelligence Agency] report, three light anti-tank weapons (LAWs) were recovered in Mexico City in January 2008, and one was recovered in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico in April 2008.’‘Over 50 per cent of the military-type weapons that are flowing throughout the region have a large source between Central American stockpiles, if you will, left over from wars and conflicts in the past,’ said General Douglas Fraser, the head of the U.S. Southern Command in the memo.According to the report, in April 2008, an investigation by the Honduran Armed Forces showed that the battalion did not know the whereabouts of 26 pieces of military equipment supplied by the U.S. for training.The weapons had been sent in 1992 as a part of U.S. military sales to foreign armies.The leaked cable comes as Mexico explores lawsuits against U.S. gun makers to stem flow of illegal arms.Gun stores on the border between the U.S. have Mexico have been criticised for their firearms ending up in the hands of drug cartels.Spreading drug gang violence has claimed more than 34,600 lives in Mexico over the past four years with more than 15,000 deaths last year.The drug wars have prompted foreign governments, including the U.S., to issue a number of travel warnings for parts of Mexico.Hmmmm........Read the full story here.
- Bill Fletcher, Jr. – Leading Socialist Calls for Mass Actions, Law Breaking, to Re-Elect Obama in 2012.(NewZeal).Bill Fletcher, Jr., is a Senior Scholar with the far left Institute for Policy Studies, and a member of both Democratic Socialists of America and the Freedom Road Socialist Organization.In 2008, Fletcher co-founded Progressives for Obama, with veteran activist Tom Hayden, leftist actor Danny Glover and fellow DSAer Barbara Ehrenreich.Writing in The Rag Blog, Fletcher explains what “progressives” must do, to secure a victory for Barack Obama in 2008.It is a grass roots vision, taking focus off the President and instead using mass action and the people’s movements to unseat to defeat Republicans and centrist Democrats.It is a revolutionary vision, in that it calls for law breaking, and “masses of people making a situation untenable”.It is an internationalist vision, looking to revolutions abroad, both for inspiration and solidarity.This is a “people’s power” strategy, owing not a little to recent events in the Middle East.Comrade Fletcher says “progressives” must :
We desperately need mass action. Wisconsin was wonderful for many reasons but one important one was the sustained presence in the capitol. A protest movement focused on power needs to be prepared to break the law, not through the actions of a few individuals, but much as happened in Wisconsin, as well as in the Civil Rights movement, with masses of people making a situation untenable.But we also have to develop key strategic targets for our actions where we are clear on what we want them to do. This will largely happen at the local level at first, but it can also happen at the national level, such as through selective boycotts.
While many on the US left express disappointment with Obama, when push comes to shove, they will back their man to the hilt,
The US left understands that 2012 is decisive.If a conservative Republican wins, they know that many of the US left’s hard fought gains will be rolled back.If Obama wins, they know the socialist juggernaut will be virtually unstoppable.Consequently the US left, from Democrats to socialists, to Marxist-Leninists, will throw every thing into this election. Look for mass protests, street violence, intimidation and mass law breaking, as the US left mounts a do or die, last gasp “Thet Offensive” against Middle America and its values.Hmmmm.......The 'ShutszStaffels' are forming?Read the full story here.
- DHS Insider: White House Silencing Reports That Border Patrol Has Caught Iranians, Syrians and Yemenese on Mexico-Arizona Border.(DougRoss)."Vinnie", a caller from Long Beach, California on last night's Mark Levin radio program, told a brief, chilling tale of border insecurity.You need to get this out to the people. I became aware about OTMs [Other Than Mexicans] coming over the border.I work for Homeland [Security] and in our prisons right now, we have, Iranians, Afghanis, Pakistanis, Yemenese, Syrians... and our Border Patrol has found... the drug cartels are going to smuggle terrorists and terrorist weapons across our porous borders... especially in Arizona [Ed: would that be the same Arizona that the Obama administration's Justice Department has sued for enforcing immigration law? Why, yes, it would be]......So, we need to secure the borders -- and I don't know why this administration has not done anything... previous administrations have not done anything... this is a major issue. We are going to be hit from within. It's not going to come from outside, it's going to come from within......The [American] people are in the dark. They don't know what's going on. We apprehended more than a quarter-of-a-million illegals last year. Hundreds -- hundreds -- of those were OTMs. So this is a big concern and we need to get this [news] out in the open.But rather than protect the border, the cynical Obama administration and its Democrat sycophants are suing states like Arizona for enforcing the nation's immigration laws.Hmmmm......"The 'Ennemy' within our borders?Read the full story here.
- Turkey - Obama's best ally and Friend helped landmark Palestinian reconciliation.(TodaysZaman).Turkish officials on Thursday confirmed that they played a crucial role in efforts to end a more than three-year split between rival Palestinian governments in the West Bank and Gaza; however, they stressed that they do not intend to cast a shadow over Egypt's role and efforts in achieving Palestinian reconciliation. Rival Palestinian groups on Wednesday announced they had reached an agreement on reuniting their governments in the West Bank and Gaza after years of bitter infighting, which had weakened them politically and caused the deaths of hundreds in violent clashes and crackdowns.The plan brokered by Egypt calls for the formation of a single caretaker government over coming days. The government will administer day-to-day business until new presidential and legislative elections are held in a year’s time.Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu became intensely involved in the issue after Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas initiated a telephone conversation with him on March 31 and informed him of his call to Hamas on March 16. At the time Davutoğlu conveyed his support for Abbas’s announcement, in which he said he intended to visit the Gaza Strip in a bid to end the bitter split with the Hamas movement that governs the territory.Davutoğlu initiated a telephone conversation with Abbas late on Wednesday night and the two assessed developments regarding the deal between the two Palestinian factions, diplomatic sources told Today’s Zaman on Thursday. Davutoğlu expressed his pleasure over the fact that an agreement had been finally reached, sources said.Hmmmm.....Wednesday night.....right... that was just after Panetta left Turkey from that five day 'working visit',no wonder Obama calls Erdogan weekly"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"? Read the full story here.
- Should You Buy A Home In 2011? Check Out These 29 Absolutely Crazy Statistics About The Housing Crisis.(TheAmericanDream).Has the U.S. housing market reached a "bottom" yet? Are home prices going to start recovering? Is the housing crisis going to end at some point? Today there are millions of American families that would like to buy homes but they are not sure what to do. After all, nobody wants to end up like all the suckers that bought at the top of the market and now owe far more on their mortgages then their homes are worth. A lot of people are really afraid to take out home loans right now. So should you buy a home in 2011? That is a very good question. The reality is that there are a lot of reasons why home prices could continue to fall. Unemployment is still rampant, and American families simply cannot afford to buy homes without good jobs. Also, lending institutions have really, really tightened lending standards. That is really restricting the number of buyers in the marketplace. The number of foreclosures set another record high last year so there are a ton of homes that need to be sold and not a lot of demand for them. So with all of these factors working against the real estate market, are there any reasons why anyone would actually want to buy a home in 2011?Well, yes there are. The truth is that all of the reckless money printing that the Federal Reserve has been doing and all of the insane borrowing that the U.S. government has been doing have flooded our financial system with new dollars. At some point all of these new dollars are going to cause a tremendous amount of inflation.Right now we are seeing the price of gas go up and the price of food go up, but eventually the price of everything (including housing) will go up.When the U.S. economy totally collapses, you are going to want to have your housing expenses locked in. In a highly inflationary environment you may find that your wages do not keep up with inflation and at some point you may be unable to afford to buy any kind of a decent house at all. If you are renting, you may have to deal with rent increase after rent increase.The best way to avoid housing inflation when it comes will be to own your own home and have a mortgage with a fixed interest rate. But the timing is key. You don't want to buy that home too early and you don't want to buy that home too late.So when will the exact "right" time be?That is very hard to say.However, to give us all some numbers to think about, the following are 29 absolutely crazy statistics about the housing crisis that show just how nightmarish the U.S. housing market is right now....I'll give you One:
Deutsche Bank is projecting that 48 percent of all U.S. mortgages could have negative equity by the end of 2011.Hmmmm......."Change"?Read the full story here.
- Wal-Mart CEO: Consumers feeling the crunch more and more. (MarketWatch) — Consumers’ spending power has been affected In the face of rising fuel prices and other inflationary pressures.The world’s largest retailer /quotes/comstock/13*!wmt/quotes/nls/wmt WMT +0.50% , which gets 140 million customers in its U.S. Walmart stores alone every week, has seen more shoppers spending more on the first day of the month when they receive their paychecks, Duke said at The Wall Street Journal Viewpoints executive breakfast presentation in New York. “Our customers are running out of money, buying smaller pack sizes and less discretionary items near the end of the month,” Duke said. “It shows greater pressure on consumers. Rising fuel price has been one of the factors that affect consumer spending. The end of paycheck cycle is pronounced among our core customers.” Consumers, still facing a near 9% unemployment rate, also is bracing for other inflationary cost pressures in areas such as fresh foods even as categories such as consumer electronics continue to see price declines, Duke said. “Inflation and fuel price have come into place” along with other economic pressures to hurt consumer spending, he said.With the rising fuel pressures, Duke said one-stop shopping has “become even more important.” Consumers also have become more focused on “value and price” and use technology such as smart phones to compare prices while in stores, he said.Hmmmm......."Change"?Read the full story here.
- Oklahoma Senate Passes Illegal Immigration Bill, Bans Illegals From Working in State, Allows Police Officers to Check Immigration Status.(Reuters).The Oklahoma Senate on Wednesday approved a bill that would create criminal penalties for undocumented immigrants who work in Oklahoma and those who smuggle them into the state.It would also give police officers more authority to question citizenship status of suspects.The bill, approved by a 37-8 vote, originated in the Oklahoma House and underwent revisions in the Senate. The two chambers must reconcile differences in the bill before it can go to Governor Mary Fallin. Senators faced a deadline on Thursday to pass bills that originate in the House.Oklahoma is one of several states — including Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, South Carolina and Utah — where Republicans are pushing immigration measures reminiscent of the one that became law in Arizona a year ago. The Arizona law required police to investigate the immigration status of anyone they detained and suspected of being in the country illegally.Under the Oklahoma measure, local police officers trained through a federal program would be authorized to ask about immigration status.The bill would also make it a misdemeanor for undocumented immigrants to work, apply for work or solicit work in a public place. Convictions could result in up to a year in jail and/or a $500 fine.
In addition, the measure:
- Targets the common practice of employers hiring day workers who gather along roadways by making it a misdemeanor to stop a vehicle in a roadway and impede traffic while picking up workers. In addition, it prohibits undocumented workers from entering vehicles stopped in a roadway.
- Prohibits employers from hiring workers who do not have proper identification issued by state or federal authorities, but it does not call for any specific punishment for violations.
- Makes human smuggling for profit a felony offense punishable by no less than a year in jail and/or a $1,000 fine; it also allows for the forfeiture of vehicles used to smuggle illegal immigrants into the country.
- Repeals a section of Oklahoma law that enables undocumented immigrants in the state to pay in-state tuition for college.Hmmm....How long before Holder comes charging on his white horse?Read the full story here.
- Grocers prepare for anti-Walker stickering thugs.(JsOnline). The Wisconsin Grocers Association has alerted members to an anti-Walker product sticker campaign planned for May 1.Opponents of Gov. Scott Walker for months have been urging people to boycott companies linked to donations to Walker's campaign. Now there is an effort under way to expand the boycott nationally to encourage people to go into stores and place stickers on products.Among products targeted for stickers are Johnsonville brats, AngelSoft toilet paper, Sargento cheese and Coors beer.The grocers group has produced a sign that stores can post alerting people that placing stickers on products in stores is illegal. But the trade group's chief executive officer, Brandon Scholz, said he didn't expect the proponents of the sticker campaign to be successful."I would be astounded if this happened to a single store in the state," Scholz said. Aside from the fact that anyone engaged in defacing products risks arrest, there is a logistical challenge, he said."Unless they're going to label thousands of products, it's going to have zero effect," Scholz said.The identity of the backers of the sticker effort is unknown, although many assume it is being orchestrated by public employee unions. This latest effort follows boycotts organized by members of the Wisconsin State Employees Union AFSCME 24.In March, members of the union circulated a letter to businesses in southeast Wisconsin, asking them to support workers' rights by putting up a sign in their windows. The letter said the businesses would be boycotted if they didn't comply with the request.Hmmm....Reminds me so much of 1936 Germany and the "brownshirts' their tactics.Read the full story here.
- Assad to Erdogan: Reforms Will Continue. Turkey (Obama regime) Worried.(Memri).According to the pro-AKP Turkish daily Sabah, Turkey's warnings to Damascus forced Bashar al-Assad to take steps. Al-Assad phoned Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan and said that he was standing behind his earlier promises. "Reforms in Syria will continue," al-Assad told Erdogan. During their conversation Assad and Erdogan discussed the reasons behind the delay in implementing the necessary reforms. According to Assad the fact that the police force was not strong enough necessitated the involvement of the military, which caused further escalation. Turkey reiterated its readiness to help and the answer was, “We expect Turkey’s support for the establishment of security and stability and for implementation of the reforms”.Turkey’s Ambasador to Damascus Omer Onhon, who was called back for consultations, participated at a high level evaluation meeting at the Turkish Foreign Ministry. It was decided that Turkey will dispatch a special delegation to Damascus today – and not just an envoy. According to sources that participated in the meeting, which preceeds today’s special meeting of Turkey’s National Security Council, following evaluations were made:
- It is difficult to say that Assad has full control of his security forces. There are anti-Turkey elements within the Syrian intelligence.
- Syria is not Libya. There is no civil war yet. The events in Syria are in the realm of street fights.
- Turkey is very worried about the possibility of growth of the turmoil. Instability in Syria would affect Turkey, Iraq, Jordan, Palestine and Israel.
- The international community has not yet demanded the ousting of Assad.
- Assad was late in taking the steps towards reform. It is difficult for him now to suppress the rebels without use of force.
- There are differences of view between Assad and the military. Police is not strong.
- The U.S. (Obama) differs from the EU in its attitude towards Damascus and it does not target Assad.Hmmmm.....Very Strange how Obama and Turkey always favor the Anti Israel countries?Read the full story here.
- Syrian, Iranian Officials: U.S. Will Be Harmed If It Acts Against Assad.(Memri).Syrian and Iranian officials have told the Kuwaiti daily Al-Rai that the Middle East will be ablaze if there is any attempt to change the balance of power within it, and threatened that harming the regime in Syria will have grave ramifications for Iraq, Lebanon, and Jordan, and for the U.S. forces in the region. They said that the Syrian regime can allow mujahideen to infiltrate into Iraq to harm American interests there, and that it will be possible to harm Americans in the regions under Taliban control if they act against the Syrian regime.Read the full story here.
- Threatening and Murdering Muslim porn stars.Sexual liberation is proving to be no match for jihad.(WashingtonTimes).Islamists are targeting Western Muslim porn stars. This is how far the West has fallen: The porn star versus the Koran. Sila Sahin, a daytime TV soap-opera star, has sparked a public firestorm in Germany. The 25-year-old actress appears topless on the current cover of the German edition of Playboy. By Western standards, Ms. Sahin’s behavior is typical, even tame. She is an amoral celebrity hoping to cash in on her fame by baring it all. Been there, done that. Marilyn Monroe, Drew Barrymore, Daryl Hannah - the list goes on of celebrities who have posed for Playboy.Yet Ms. Sahin is Muslim. Raised in Germany by conservative Turkish parents, she is casting her actions as a form of personal liberation, a brave rebellion against the strict moral standards and repressive sexual norms of her traditional religious upbringing.“For years I subordinated myself to various societal constraints,” Ms. Sahin said in Britain’s Sun newspaper. “The Playboy photo shoot was a total act of liberation.”She added: “What I want to say with these photos is, ‘Girls, we don’t have to live according to the rules imposed upon us.’ “I am woman, watch me pose. Ms. Sahin is the new darling of European feminism, while she is despised by Germany’s burgeoning Islamic community. It is calling upon the country’s 3 million Muslims to boycott Ms. Sahin. She has been branded a “Western slut” and “whore.” Her father reportedly is ashamed and shocked by her behavior. Her mother is no longer speaking to her. Many Europeans are simply baffled: Why would any self-respecting parent object to their daughter being in Playboy? Isn’t that the goal of every young woman?Ms. Sahin is its latest victim and a symbol of the West’s decadence. Yet Germans are now waking up to another horror - that many of their fellow Muslims want the actress to be killed.Islamic websites have posted threats. “She must pay,” one said. “She needs to be very careful,” another warned. German TV crews then asked some ordinary Muslims on the street what they thought of Ms. Sahin’s actions. To their shock, some openly espoused the right to honor killing. A kebab shop owner vowed that if she were his daughter, “I would kill her. I really mean that. That doesn’t fit with my culture.”Hmmmm......."The religion of Peace".Read the full story here.
- Turkey where Domestic violence flourishes unchallenged.(Hurriyetdaily).She is neither a celebrity nor a prominent politician, but a bodyguard escorts Nahide Opuz at every step, even at the supermarket, to fend off a menace that has proved lethal: herprominent politician, but a bodyguard escorts Nahide Opuz at every step, even at the supermarket, to fend off a menace that has proved lethal: her ex-husband.The 39-year-old mother of two is the first Turkish woman to have a government-funded bodyguard after the European Court of Human Rights condemned Turkey in 2009 for failing to protect her and her slain mother.Before the landmark case reached the judges in Strasbourg, Opuz was repeatedly beaten and survived both a stabbing and an attempt to run her over with a car.After Turkish authorities repeatedly failed to act on her complaints, her ex-husband killed her mother.Opuz, from the mainly Kurdish southeast, now lives a secluded life."For her, it is impossible to talk about and have a normal life. She has been haunted by violence and death threats all throughout her marriage and afterward," lawyer Meral Danış Beştaş told AFP.Activists say violence against women in the EU-candidate country has reached an alarming level and point the finger at the judicial authorities and the ruling Islamist-rooted Justice and Development Party, or AKP.In February and March, 52 women were killed by men, according to a tally by BIAnet, a news site focusing on human rights abuses.The figure was at least 217 for last year, and 27 percent of them were killed after asking for a divorce.In another major shortcoming, Turkey, a country of some 74 million, has only 49 women's shelters even though the law obliges each city with a population over 50,000 to have one.From 2002 to 2009, the number of women killed in pre-meditated murders rose 14-fold, according to Justice Ministry statistics that do not provide details on the perpetrators and circumstances."The problem in Turkey has reached the level of ‘gendercide,’" said Hülya Gülbahar, a leading women's rights activist.Women have long been victims of violence, including honor killings, in a country where patriarchal traditions persist.But critics argue the problem has been compounded in recent years by the AKP's advocacy of conservative values."The AKP's conservatism and Islam target the woman's body and sexuality," said Pınar İlkkaracan, a rights campaigner.Gülbahar also blamed mounting violence on "an intense propaganda that women and men are not equal by creation, and women are therefore responsible for housework and motherhood."Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan – who once called women activists "marginals" – came under fire last year when he said, "men and women cannot be equal" but only "complementary to each other."Hmmmm....."Islam the religion of peace",Keep Turkey out of the European Union!Read the full story here.
- "Life and Death in Iran's Prisons".Mostafa Tajzadeh’s Condition Deteriorating, 11 Months Solitary Confinement, Evidence of Torture.(Persian2English).According to the latest reports from Evin prison, Mostafa Tajzadeh’s physical condition has become increasingly worrisome.Mostafah Tajzadeh, a senior member of the Mojahedin of the Islamic Revolution Organization [a reformist organization, not to be confused with banned opposition group MKO], who returned to Evin prison 9 months ago after seven reformists complained about Commander Moshfegh*, is reportedly in terrible physical condition. When Tajzadeh was summoned back to Evin prison to complete his 6 year prison sentence, due to interference by the IRGC’s Intelligence Unit, he was transferred to a cell under supervision of the Intelligence Ministry rather than the general ward reserved for most political prisoners.For a while, Tajzadeh, who was the Political Vice Minister of the Ministry of Interior of Iran in during the administration of Mohammad Khatami, shared a cell with Mohammad Nourizad at Evin’s Ward 2A. However, after Ashura, Nourizad’s hunger strike and being transferred to a hospital, Tajzadeh was once again held in solitary confinement for long periods of time.According to reports from anonymous Green sources at Evin prison, Tajzadeh also shared a cell for several months with an inmate with psychological problems, which was designed to be more difficult to endure than solitary confinement and increase the level of torture and inflict more pressure on him.These sources also report that prisoners who accidentally witnessed Tajzadeh being transferred in recent days expressed grave concern for his well being.In the past two years, Tajzadeh has endured a minimum 15 months in solitary confinement and in cells holding two inmates, 11 months of which show clear evidence of torture while in solitary confinement.According to experts and political activists, Tajzadeh has been treated very poorly by IRGC agents in Evin prison. It appears that IRGC agents are determined to take revenge against this well-known political figure.Read the full story here.
- Hungary's Rising Right.Roma Defenseless against Extremist Vigilantes.(Spiegel).Right-wing extremists have been on the rise for years in Hungary, and the country's Roma population lives in increasing terror. The government of Prime Minister Viktor Orbán has preferred to look the other way as vigilante groups have supplanted the rule of law.It was one year ago that Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán's national-conservative Fidesz party rose to power behind populist calls for law, order and more police. Soon after he was sworn in, he promised a "noticeable increase in public security within two weeks." But now, his government is losing its grip. The police and the judiciary have lost control over the growing right-extremist citizen groups and paramilitary-style gangs. In recent months, extremists have repeatedly staged marches, primarily in eastern Hungary, against "Gypsy criminality." And police in the villages which have been targeted have shown a preference for standing aside. Roma activist Aladár Horváth says that the country has been gripped by a "civil war-like atmosphere" and "rampant racism."
The situation is particularly grim in the village of Gyöngyöspata. On Tuesday, right-wing radicals entered the town and three people were injured in the resulting brawls. Dozens more extremists marched in on Wednesday morning. Fully 100 Roma left the village as a result, according to news agency MTI.As early as the beginning of March, the right-extremist group Szeb Jövöért ("better future") -- the name comes from an old fascist greeting -- showed up in the village. Last week, it was Véderö, likewise a group of right-wing vigilantes, which arrived in Gyöngyöspata to take part in training exercises over Easter weekend. Police banned the event, but two-thirds of the 450 Roma who live in the village left anyway, out of fear of right-wing violence. They spent Easter in a recreation center near Budapest. The exodus was organized by a foundation run by an American businessman in Hungary together with the Red Cross. The government, including State Secretary Zoltán Balog, referred to the trip as a "weekend excursion."
Roma activist Aladár Horváth says the case of Gyöngyöspata is a sign that the Hungarian state has retreated from certain regions and left them to the right-wing vigilantes. "For the Roma there, the rule of law, the police and the judiciary simply don't exist anymore," he says. "They are defenseless."The Hungarian Guard, clad in black uniforms, made a habit of frequently marching through towns and villages to call attention to so-called "Gypsy criminality," often with the raucous approval of non-Roma residents. Consequences for Roma, however, were often grim. In 2008, for example, the Hungarian Guard repeatedly turned up in the village of Tatárszentgyörgy, south of Budapest. In February 2009, a right-wing group set alight a house belonging to a Roma family on the edge of the village. A man and his son were shot to death as they tried to escape from the flames; his wife and daughter were seriously injured by gunfire.The perpetrators, who ultimately murdered a total of six randomly chosen Roma and injured 55 in arson and firearm attacks, were arrested in the summer of 2009. They are currently being tried in Budapest. But horror at their crimes was far from widespread and right-extremist marches continued.Jobbik was able to build on their general election success last April by securing up to 30 percent of the vote in eastern Hungary in municipal elections last autumn. In the small town of Tiszavasvári, population 13,000, the right-extremist mayoral candidate Erik Fülöp received 53 percent of the vote. Party head Gábor Vona has since referred to the town as the "capital of our movement" -- a reference to Munich's Third Reich nickname as "capital of the movement."Hmmmm......1939 Germany ...The Jews .,The gypsies ,the gay and the mentally ill.Read the full story here.
- Iranian Daily: The Saudis' War In Bahrain Is Against God.(Memri).The Iranian daily Jomhouri-e Eslami stated that the war waged by the Saudi royal family in Bahrain is a crime against Islam and a war against God, because during it the Saudis burned copies of the Koran and desecrated mosques and places of worship in Bahrain. The paper added that the Saudi Al-Saud and Bahraini Al-Khalifa royal families' roar of victory over the demonstrators in Bahrain would not last long, because "divine retribution" was imminent. Source.
- Police brace for PA's declaration of state.(Ynet).Police Chief Dudi Cohen says major disruptions of order are expected once Palestinians declare statehood in September. 'We are preparing for worst-case scenario,' he says.As part of the defense establishment's preparation for the Palestinian Authority's projected declaration of independence in September, outgoing Police Commissioner Dudi Cohen said Thursday that the police is expecting the worst."The police's orders for September are to prepare for the worst-case scenario, which we are working on right now," he said. "We are conducting a repeat inspection of all of the headquarters. The scenario includes large-scale disruptions of order. "What is certain for September is the place and the date, but I suppose that until then some actions will take place both in the international and political arenas."In light of the recent wave of international recognition for the Palestinian state, Defense Minister Ehud Barak warned recently of what might happen once the PA makes the unilateral move."We are facing a political tsunami of which most of the public is unaware," he said. "There is an international movement to recognize a Palestinian state within 1967 borders. It would be a mistake not to take notice of this." Palestinian Foreign Minister Riyad Al-Malki said that 150 nations are expected recognize a Palestinian state by September. He claimed that 10 Caribbean countries are to declare recognition of the state over the coming month. Hmmmmm......I'm pretty sure you'll need a lot more then police,thank you verry much HUSSEIN!Read the full story here.