- Egypt volatile situation - Al Jazeera English - Live Streams From Egypt ! Here .
- Egypt protests on Twitter! here.
- Liveblog - Egypt's protests erupt. here
- Egypt's Mubarak Passes Authority to Vice President but Will Remain in Office Until September Elections.Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak said Thursday he has passed authority to Vice President Omar Suleiman, but will not step down before September elections.The move, announced in a nationally-televised address, means he will retain his title of president and ensures the regime will continue to control the reform process.Immediately after the president's speech, Suleiman addressed the nation and urged protesters to return to their homes."To the youth of Egypt, and the heroes of Egypt, go back to your home and your works, the nation needs you so that we can build and develop and innovate," said Suleiman."Let us walk together, hand in hand, in a new path that achieves the hope of the youth and all generations for a new life, a stable life, and a safe life," he added.Mubarak's announcement was not what hundreds of thousands of protesters in Cairo's Tahrir Square had hoped for, as they resumed their chants of "Leave! Leave! Leave!""I will never leave Egypt and Egypt will not leave me until I am buried in the soil of Egypt," Mubarak said in his 15-minute address.Mubarak said the demands of the protesters calling for his immediate ouster are legitimate. He said he had requested the amendment of five articles of the constitution to loosen the now restrictive conditions on who can run for president, to restore judicial supervision of elections, and to impose term limits on the presidency. He also said that he would lift hated emergency laws -- but only when security permitted.Mubarak also vowed to punish those behind violence over the past two weeks and offered condolences to the families of those killed.Youth activists organizing the protests planned to up the pressure on the streets even further, calling for an expanded rally on Friday, hoping to repeat a showing earlier this week that drew about a quarter-million people. Friday's protest was to be expanded, with six separate rallies planned around Cairo, all to eventually march on Tahrir, said Khaled Abdel-Hamid, speaking for a coalition of groups behind the protests.Hmmmm.......It looks like this will be slammed down in bloodshed!Read the full story here.
- DEVELOPING: Conflicting Reports on Whether Egyptian President Mubarak Will Step Down.Thousands of protesters have gathered in Cairo's Tahrir Square awaiting word on whether Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak will stay in office amid conflicting reports as he is expected to address the nation Thursday evening.A senior Egyptian official confirms to Fox News that President Hosni Mubarak will step down shortly and transfer authority to the Egyptian Higher Council of the Armed Forces -- but Egypt's information minister tells Reuters that "the president is definitely not going to step down."The group is comprised of the minister of defense, Field Marshal Hussein Tantawi – who stands atop the military hierarchy – along with the military’s chief of staff, the chief of operations, and commanders of the Army, Navy, Air Force and Air Defenses.In a statement read on Egyptian television, a spokesman reportedly said, "Stemming from the armed forces' responsibility and committing to the protection of the people, safeguarding their interest and security, and keen on the safety of the homeland, the citizens and the achievements of the great Egyptian people, and asserting the legitimate rights of the people, the Higher Council of the Armed Forces convened today, Thursday, Feb. 10, 2011, to deliberate on the latest developments of the situation and decided to remain in continuous session to discuss what measures and arrangements could be taken to safeguard the homeland and its achievements, and the aspirations of the great Egyptian people."Al Arabiya television is reporting that Mubarak will transfer his powers to Vice President Omar Suleiman. The station is also reporting Mubarak will confirm pledges for honest elections come September.The Egyptian army is threatening to act if protesters resist change.A senior member of the Muslim Brotherhood tells Reuters that he believes the Egyptian army was staging a military coup."It looks like a military coup ... I feel worry and anxiety. The problem is not with the president, it is with the regime," Essam al-Erian told Reuters.President Obama said at a new wireless initiative event in Michigan that "we are witnessing history unfold." "The people of Egypt are calling for a change," Obama said.Footage on state TV showed Defense Minster Field Marshal Hussein Tantawi chairing the military's supreme council, with around two dozen top stern-faced army officers, seated around a table. Not at the meeting were Mubarak, the military commander in chief, or his vice president Omar Suleiman, a former army general and intelligence chief named to his post after the protests erupted Jan. 25.That could be a sign that Suleiman, as well, was being pushed out of power."All your demands will be met today," Gen. Hassan al-Roueini, military commander for the Cairo area, told thousands of protesters in central Tahrir Square. The protesters lifted al-Roueini onto their shoulders and carried him around the square, shouting, "the army, the people one hand." Some in the crowd held up their hands in V-for-victory signs, shouting "the people want the end of the regime" and "Allahu akbar," or "God is great," a victory cry used by secular and religious people alike.But protesters also chanted, "civilian not military," a signal they do not want military rule. More people flowed into the square following the military announcement in the evening.In the military's announcement on state TV, the council's spokesman read a statement announcing the military's "support of the legitimate demands of the people."He said the council was in permanent session to explore "what measures and arrangements could be made to safeguard the nation, its achievements and the ambitions of its great people." That suggested Tantawi and his generals were now in charge of the country.Hmmmm......Confusion is reigning for the moment in Egypt.Read the full story here.
- Egyptian Official: Mubarak to Step Down, Transfer Authority to Armed Forces.President Hosni Mubarak will step down shortly and transfer authority to the Egyptian Higher Council of the Armed Forces, a senior Egyptian official confirmed to Fox News on Thursday.The group is comprised of the minister of defense, Field Marshal Hussein Tantawi -- who stands atop the military hierarchy -- along with the military's chief of staff, the chief of operations, and commanders of the Army, Navy, Air Force and Air Defenses.The source pointed out that the transfer of power will occur "outside of the constitutional framework" because under the Egyptian constitution, Mubarak's resignation ordinarily would mean that the speaker of the house would become president and elections would be held within 60 days. In this case, the military council will "not be governing under the constitution or any legislation," the source noted. "So they will have to define the format under which they are taking power."The source did not know how long the military would reign nor what mechanism or timetable would be put in place to end the military's administration of power, but said that "when (the transfer of power from Mubarak) does happen, they will presumably indicate the direction of the country." The source drew parallels with the Army coup of 1952, and the removal of King Faroukh, noting that it took six months before the monarchy was dissolved and the modern republic formed.The source said this marks "a moment of grave magnitude for the national security of Egypt."The official said he doubted that Mubarak would be prosecuted after leaving office. "No specific allegations of wrongdoing have been made against him," said the source, adding that if any allegations surface later on, it would be a judicial function to resolve them. The source predicted, without certainty, that Mubarak will retire to Sharm el-Sheikh and lead an "isolated" existence.The official also expressed criticism of the Obama administration and the American press for short-changing the reform process that Mubarak and Suleiman had begun to put in place, and which the official claimed had been moving along "fine" in "very rapid" fashion.The official said the "constant requests for more measures, to be undertaken more quickly, more rapidly ... the constant push" and "lack of recognition" for the reform measures being undertaken in good faith all conspired to create a "national consensus" in Egypt that forced Mubarak's ouster."They did not give too much room for the (reform) process to move forward," the official said of the Obama administration.Hmmmm......Lets hope the Egyptian army command don't allow themselves to be bullied be anyone!Read the full story here.
- Islam Times : Saudia Arabia's King Abdullah passed away.Islam Times: Saudi Arabia's 86-year-old King Abdullah was discharged from a New York City hospital in good health after going through two back operations in December 2010. The king delegated the management of the affairs of the world’s largest oil supplier to his half-brother, Crown Prince Sultan bin Abdulaziz, during his absence.King Abdullah talked with Obama about the situation in Egypt over the phone yesterday. Obama and the King got into a heated debate about their opinions of what Hosni Mubarak should do. After the phone call sources stated that King Abdullah was furious and then suffered a sudden heart attack. Doctors ran to his resuce but were unable to save him. He was pronounced dead, but his death was not reported due to the sensative conditions that exist in the region. The Saudi Arabian government will reject this claim; but the ball is in their court to prove that he is alive.Hmmmm........Wishfull thinking?Read the full story here.
- Saudi minister says King in 'excellent health'.RABAT — Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah is in "excellent" health and anxious to return home from convalescing in Morocco following surgery, Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal said Thursday."He's in excellent health, he's undergoing therapy," the prince said in Morocco."The doctors are suggesting a certain amount of therapy and he's doing twice as much as they tell him. ...he is his usual self, assured of what he can do and ready and looking forward to going back to work and going back home."Earlier the Saudi embassy in Morocco, where King Abdullah arrived on January 22 after surgery in the United States, strongly denied rumours that the octogenarian monarch had died."I can assure that the health of King Abdullah is excellent and gives no cause for any concern," a senior embassy official told AFP.The website islamtimes said the king had died of a heart attack the previous day after a heated telephone debate with US President Barack Obama on the situation in Egypt.The Times of London reported on Thursday that in a "testy, personal" telephone call with Obama on January 29, the king had threatened to bankroll the Egyptian regime if the United States withdrew its aid.Hmmmm.....Lets hope it's just a rumor ,it couldn't come at a worse time.Read and see the full story here.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.UN partners in Arab campaign presenting female terrorist as role model to the Arab world.I could have headlined this one as "your tax dollars at work," but I just did that in the last post.The UN is participating in a campaign to present 'women's issues' to the Arab world. As part of that campaign, a clip was broadcast on more than 50 television stations in Arab countries presenting "model women." One of the women presented - as a model of 'martyrdom' and 'victory over enmity' - was Dalal al-Mughrabi, who led the terror attack that killed the largest number of Israelis ever killed in one attack (37). It's known as the 'Coastal Road attack' and occurred in 1978. Al-Mughrabi was also killed in the attack and is frequently presented as a 'martyr' by the 'Palestinian Authority.'Read and see the full scandal story here.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Video : White House Press Secretary Gibbs refuses to guarantee US would save Israel.Obama press secretary Robert Gibbs was asked on Tuesday whether the US would come to Israel's assistance if its existence were threatened by Hamas, Hezbullah or any new government in the Middle East. Here's his response.Q One domestic and one international. If Israel is threatened by any of these new governments or by Hamas or Hezbollah, if its existence is in danger, would the U.S. come to Israel’s assistance?MR. GIBBS: Well, I think regardless of the situation facing any government in the region, our friendship and our -- our friendship, our partnership and our alliance with Israel is unchanged.Unchanged? What the heck does that mean? That was a "yes" or "no" question. Hmmmm......"They don't trust me because of my middle name"This among a million other things...... YES.Read and see the full story here.
- HT:WZ.MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell Demands to See Iowa Congressman Steve King’s “Christian ID”….
O’DONNELL: Now, do you have any doubt about whether he is a Christian?
KING: You know, I think that is up to the president. But I will tell you that I would not — I would not present him as anything other than that. It’s his religion. That’s what he said. In fact, when he gave a speech in Cairo last year — he told the Muslim crowd that he’s a Christian.
O’DONNELL: Do you believe he’s a Christian, Congressman?
KING: I take him at his word.
O’DONNELL: Are you a Christian?
KING: Yes, sir.
O’DONNELL: Should I take you at your word, or should I maybe suspect you’re a Muslim? Do you have a Christian ID you can show me and prove to me you’re a Christian?
KING: I think I was going to ask you not to judge as I am not judging President Obama.
O’DONNELL: Do you have a Christian ID?
KING: No one has a Christian ID.Hmmmmm........Correction......Actually we do have a Baptism certificate and the Confirmation both being recorded in the Church registers.So it would be nice to see these with the birth certificate!Read the full story here.
- US Treasury: Hezbollah-linked bank money launderer. Treasury says several individuals involved in drug-trafficking, money laundering operation hold accounts at Lebanese Canadian Bank.The US Treasury Department on Thursday accused a Beirut-based bank of involvement in an international money-laundering and drug-trafficking operation with ties to the Lebanese group Hezbollah. The Treasury officially designated Lebanese Canadian Bank as a "primary money laundering concern," saying this might eventually lead to actions that force US financial institutions to cut off some of their ties with the bank."Several individuals involved in this global trafficking and money laundering network hold or utilize cash deposit accounts at LCB to move hundreds of millions of dollars monthly in cash proceeds from illicit drug sales into the formal financial system," the Treasury said in a statement."The Lebanese Canadian Bank for years has participated in a sophisticated money laundering scheme involving used cars purchased in the United States and consumer goods overseas," said Michele Leonhart, administrator of the US Drug Enforcement Agency, which worked with Treasury on the case.Read the full story here.
- HT:EmergingCorruption.U.S. Marxists Conspiring with Muslim Brotherhood to Collapse the Middle East.A series of in depth studies by Cliff Kincaid at America’s Survival provide vivid detail to the assertions presented in last week’s article, We are witnessing the collapse of the Middle East. As usual, Cliff has really done his work. This series is not to be missed:
U.S. Based Marxists Subvert Friendly Regimes and Support Foreign Terrorist Organizations: Updated with Information About Al-Jazeera (PDF).
Revolutionary Socialists of Egypt Join with Muslim Brotherhood Against the Mubarak Government, the United States and Israel.
EXPOSED!!! Al-Jazeera is the Muslim Brotherhood Channel.A Must Read !Read and see the full story here.
- HT:TheDailyCaller.NY construction worker leads movement against Ground Zero mosque.Construction worker and lifelong New Yorker Andy Sullivan has taken opposition to the Park51 mosque — slated to be built next to Ground Zero — into his own hands. Sullivan has led the call to get his fellow construction workers to lay down their tools and boycott construction of the mosque.Sullivan, a witness to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, was shocked to discover that a mosque was going to be built over-looking the site of the World Trade Center carnage — the result of an attack perpetrated terrorists who claimed to be acting in the name of Islam.When it became clear that there was little institutionally that could be done to stop it, Sullivan started the 9/11 Hard Hat Pledge, getting his peers to refuse to work on any aspect out the mosque.“[The pledge] was done out of desperation,” Sullivan said Tuesday on Freedom Torch. “Ever since the whole thing about the mosque came on the scene I was very concerned but I thought that between the community groups and our elected officials that this thing would be cut off at the head and we would not have to worry about it. Low and behold, how badly I was wrong. … So we were running to catch up to fight this thing.”Sullivan said there was not much he could do other than take his opposition to the streets.“I’m done with courts, done with hearings, and votes I am just going to go to the guy or girl I work with and say, ‘excuse me how do you feel about this issue, and if you feel like I do would you stand by my side and support not doing any work or contributing anything to the construction of that mosque in that location?’” Sullivan said. “And it was like I tapped into something that was really buried in the American psyche and all I did was unearth it and it went wild.”Sullivan says it was a slow go at first, but he got his big break when he called into the Rush Limbaugh Show, made it on the program, and was able to reach Limbaugh’s more than 20 million listeners.“Forget it, once Rush Limbaugh got it out there and started doing his thing with it… he turned it into a movement with a couple of phrases. Before I knew it I was getting emails and pledges from Afghanistan, Iraq, Germany, Ireland,” said Sullivan.Sullivan’s movement has garnered thousands of supporters and signatures and he continues to gather more.Hmmmm.......United we stand?Read the full story here.
- HT:WND.Obama signature creates 'continental perimeter'.Move described as key step in advance of North American Union.Barack Obama and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper quietly have taken a major step toward erasing the border between the two nations with a new "Beyond the Border" bilateral declaration. In a ceremony designed to remain below the radar of national public opinion, Obama and Harper bypassed Congress to sign on the basis of their executive authority a declaration that put in place a new national security vision defined not by U.S. national borders, but by a continental view of a "North American perimeter." It happened Friday, the day the Obama administration usually pushes through issues that it prefers the media ignore. By signing the declaration, the Obama administration has implemented without congressional approval a key initiative President Bush began under the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America, moving the United States and Canada beyond the North American Free Trade Agreement, commonly known as NAFTA, toward a developing North American Union regional government. The declaration signed by the two heads of state and titled "Beyond the Border: A Shared Vision for Perimeter Security and Economic Competitiveness," was described as "For Immediate Release" on the websites of the White House and the Canadian chief executive.Harper followed Obama's lead in signing the declaration as a form of executive order, deciding to bypass the Canadian parliament, much as Obama had decided against taking a proposed bilateral "Beyond the Border" declaration to Congress for prior review and approval."To preserve and extend the benefits … our close relationship has helped bring to Americans and Canadians alike, we intend to pursue a perimeter approach to security, working together within, at, and away from the borders of our two countries to enhance our security and accelerate the legitimate flow of people, goods, and services between our two countries," the declaration announced in the preamble. The decision to declare a continental perimeter for the United States and Canada, designed to effectively combine the two nations in mutual national security and economic efforts, affirms the Obama administration's intent to implement the key objectives of the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North American in a way that avoids the type of public scrutiny and criticism that dogged President George W. Bush after he openly declared his plans with the SPP. The Obama and Harper administrations' use of a low-key methodology to pursue continental political integration was further confirmed last week in Canada by the Toronto Star. The paper disclosed a 14-page confidential public relations document circulated within the Canadian government that recommended the talks between Obama and Harper keep "a low profile" in the months leading to last Friday's signing of the bilateral declaration.Hmmmm......Why all the secrecy?Read the full story here.
- HT:TheAmericanDream.Food Crisis 2011? 14 Disturbing Facts That Make You Wonder If The Coming Global Food Shortage Has Already Begun.Will 2011 be the year that we point to as the beginning of the great global food crisis? Food prices are soaring, supplies are very tight and already we have seen some very intense food protests flare up around the globe this year. When people don't have enough to eat, they tend to become very desperate, and unfortunately it looks like the global food situation is not going to improve much any time soon. Right now the world is really struggling to feed itself, and with each passing day there are even more mouths to feed. It is being projected that the population of the world will reach 9 billion people by the year 2050. There are already way too many people starving to death around the globe, and unfortunately starvation is only going to become more rampant as food supplies get even tighter. Some of the key food producing provinces in China are facing their worst drought in 200 years. Flooding has absolutely devastated agricultural production in Australia and Brazil this winter. Russia is still trying to recover from the horrific drought of last summer. Global weather patterns have gone haywire over the past 12 months, and this is putting immense pressure on a global food system that was already on the verge of a major breakdown.Food stockpiles all over the world are disturbingly low at this point. If a major global famine broke out not even the United States would be able to last for long. The U.S. government is supposed to be keeping a lot of food stockpiled in the event of an emergency, but that is just not happening.Right now a desperate scramble for food is beginning. Quite a few nations that used to be huge food exporters are now importing a lot of their food. Prices for staples such as wheat, corn and soybeans are absolutely soaring, and the UN is projecting that they will continue to rise rapidly throughout 2011.Unless something dramatically changes, the global food situation is only going to get tighter and tighter and tighter as this decade rolls along.So who is going to decide who gets fed and who doesn't?As food prices continue to rise, will we start to see more food riots erupt all over the world as starving populations demand answers from their governments?What is going to happen if weather patterns get even worse or if we have a string of really bad natural disasters?What is going to happen if we experience a really bad global economic collapse?Right now these are just the "birth pains", but if things get much worse we could be looking at a horrific food shortage that will rock the globe.The following are 14 facts that make you wonder if the coming global food shortage has already begun....Hmmmm.....If you haven't started to stock up...now is a good time to start!Read the full story here.
- Indonesia's MUI says Valentine's Day is 'haram'.THE Dumai chapter of the Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI) in Riau says the celebration of Valentine's Day is haram (forbidden for Muslims). 'From its origins, it is recognised that the Valentine's Day is a holiday of non-Muslims in Rome, Italy. Therefore, Valentine's Day celebrations are forbidden for Muslims,' MUI Dumai chairman Rozai Akbar told Antara in Dumai on Thursday. He added that Valentine's Day celebrations went against Islamic teachings because the celebration was akin to encouraging young people to build relationships outside marriage.'What will happen if Valentine's Day becomes part of Islam culture? This was one of the considerations in deciding to forbid the celebration for Muslims,' he said.The MUI has called upon all Muslim parents to explain to their children that Valentine's Day is something they must not celebrate.'It would be better to educate them and give them religious teachings so that Valentine's Day celebrations will not become a tradition among Muslims youths,' he said.Hmmmm.....Wel from Iran we can expect something of the kind but from the country that Obama calls "An example of religious tolerance?Read the full story here.
- HT:FOX. Video : Oil Firms Hit by Chinese Hackers since 2009.Read and see the full story here.
- HT:TheAmericanDream.20 Facts That Will Make You Really Mad If You Stop And Think About Them For A While.The more you read the news today the more likely you are to get really mad. The world is becoming an incredibly crazy place, and at times the amount of bad news that is coming out can seem almost overwhelming. Everywhere you look, the poor are being oppressed, our politicians are making stupid decisions and evil is on the march. The America that so many of us grew up deeply loving is literally being ripped to shreds in a thousand different ways. Unfortunately, those in power have not had any real answers for us in decades. The Democrats don't have any real answers, the Republicans don't have any real answers and the Federal Reserve sure as heck does not have any real answers. In fact, it seems like almost everything that our leaders actually do "accomplish" only makes things worse. The vast majority of Americans are quite busy being entertained by "bread and circuses", but meanwhile our country is literally falling apart.The following are 20 facts that will make you really mad if you stop and think about them for a while....A MUST READ!Read the full story here.
- HT:EmergingCorruption.What Did Wade Rathke Know About Egypt that the CIA Didn’t and What Will Obama Do Now.Rathke’s post made it clear that the Gamamiel Foundation supports the uprising in Egypt. Predictably President Obama is pushing hard for “community reorganizing” in Egypt (a development that pleases the Moslem Brotherhood and Iran, but not Israel). But…with re-election in 2012 his goal and trying to seem moderate in center-right America critical to that, how far will Obama dare to go in trying to “change” Egypt?Fortuitously, there was a Senate committee hearing on the nomination for the position of Deputy Director of the Office of Director of National Intelligence of Stephanie O’Sullivan, a career CIA employee and former Director of the CIA Directorate of Science and Technology, and questions were asked about the CIA’s alleged failure to provide US policy planners with accurate warning of the Egyptian popular uprising on February 3, 2011. O’Sullivan testified that the CIA and other US intelligence services had warned Obama Administration officials last November and December about extreme political volatility in North Africa.“We warned on instability,” said O’Sullivan, though “not in [...] detail,” because “we didn’t know what the triggering mechanism would be.”Senate Intelligence Committee Chairwoman Diane Feinstein of California commented after the hearing that the intelligence reports she had seen were inadequate.Perhaps the CIA should have been following http://www.organizersforum.org/. That’s the Wade Rathke who founded ACORN in 1970, served as its Chief Organizer until 2008, still heads ACORN International and still publishes Social Policy (with Francis Fox Piven of Cloward-Piven strategy notoriety still on the editorial advisory board).In addition to Rathke, the Board of Directors of the Organizers’ Forum includes Drummond Pike of the Tides Foundation and an SEIU representative. Originally, the SEIU representative was former SEIU head and most frequent Obama White House visitor Andy Stern. See www.organizersforum.org/index.php?id=462.What were what Rathke described last October as “exciting changes and developments that are currently taking place in Egypt” and what (if anything) did the CIA know about them?Why did Rathke state without qualification that the “elections coming soon” would “determine leadership transitions”? Why was he sure that Hosni Mubarak, Egypt’s president for three decades, would not be re-elected?Why did Rathke list the challenges to the Mubarak “regime” in this order: Muslim Brotherhood, succession, democracy?Why was it decided to hold the Organizers’ Forum’s twentieth “Dialogue” in Egypt? Was it really to “see the Pyramids”?Hmmmmm.......Something smells almost as bad as the Pigford case.Read the full story here.
- HT:CreepingSharia.CAIR scrubs website of award to Muslim who beheaded wife.Hat tip to @antiCAIR who tweeted about the terror-linked Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) bestowing an award to Muzzammil Hassan – the now convicted murderer – found guilty yesterday of beheading his wife. CAIR can scrub their website to send the story down the memory hole but photographic evidence remains via a 2009 post at WND: Beheader hubby was hero to U.S. Muslim activists.He received an award April 7, 2007, from CAIR-Pennsylvania at its first annual banquet, a fundraiser at the Hilton Philadelphia. CAIR-PA Chairman Iftekhar Hussain and CAIR National Chairman Parvez Ahmed presented the award to Hassan. The organization website does not specify a reason for the honor.In 2007, when CAIR gave Hassan the award, Hassan was systematically terrorizing his wife. He would later brutally attack her, stabbing her 40 times before cutting her head off and then leaving his kids alone in a vehicle out in the cold. Watch the closing arguments of the trial here.CAIR apparently doesn’t want to be linked to yet another convicted Muslim and seems to have scrubbed the award photo from their website.Hmmm.........Read the full story here.