Monday, December 6, 2010
HT:The RightFieldLine...the Pigford Farms case is a class-action lawsuit filed against the federal government on behalf of black farmers and black wannabe farmers, who say they were discriminated against in loan proceedings. The federal government settled Pigford Farms for an unbelievable $1.15 billion. An incredibly high percentage of those receiving awards under this settlement have done so fraudulently.
Shirley Sherrod was not only an initiator of the Pigford Farms case, she received a chunk of change for her company, New Communities, Inc. To be accurate, she received the largest chunk of change for New Communities — $13 million. New Communities was a bankrupt commune-type land trust held by Sherrod and her husband. She and her husband personally received $150,000 each to compensate them for “pain and suffering.”Source.
- Lahore High Court issues stay order in Asia Bibi’s appeal against blasphemy sentence.A new order by the High Court makes it harder to discuss the controversial legislation and prevents the government from issuing a pardon for the convicted Christian woman. The appeal date against her death sentence has not yet been decided.In its order, the court ruled that no bill regarding the blasphemy law could be presented until it delivers a verdict on the case. It also issued notices to the federal government for 23 December. It postponed the hearing of the petition filed for Asia Bibi’s pardon in the blasphemy case, although it did not set a date to hear the case.In an earlier ruling, the court had stalled pardon moves for Asia Bibi, directing President Asif Ali Zardari and the Governor of Punjab Salmaan Taseeri to restrain from making any move to pardon the convicted woman until 6 December. Today, it decided to extend the stay order until 23 December.Although the president was not made a direct party among the respondents, the chief justice categorically issued directions to the president saying, “No action shall be taken either by the president of Pakistan or anybody working under the authority of the functionaries performing duties under supervision of the governor of the Punjab.”In the meantime, more and more people are joining the petition campaign launched by AsiaNews at firstname.lastname@example.org. So far, about 7,000 people have signed the petition online or on paper.Hmmm.....Religion primes above the law,we had that also once upon a time in the dark ages,when we burned unbelievers.Read the full
- HT:LogisticsMonster.Janet Napolitano Enlists Wal-Mart To Watch You.When the Secretary of DHS furthers the development of the tattle-tail program, (with our money, of course), in order to “report indicators of terrorism, crime and other threats to law enforcement authorities.””, one knows that the continued existence of ‘the state‘ is of the utmost importance and you frakkin’ moos can just go somewhere and die (preferably quickly and cheaply).BIG SIS INVADES WAL-MART: ‘IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING’. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano today announced the expansion of the Department’s national “If You See Something, Say Something” campaign to hundreds of Walmart stores across the country—launching a new partnership between DHS and Walmart to help the American public play an active role in ensuring the safety and security of our nation.“Homeland security starts with hometown security, and each of us plays a critical role in keeping our country and communities safe,” said Secretary Napolitano. “I applaud Walmart for joining the ‘If You See Something, Say Something’ campaign. This partnership will help millions of shoppers across the nation identify and report indicators of terrorism, crime and other threats to law enforcement authorities.”The “If You See Something, Say Something” campaign—originally implemented by New York City’s Metropolitan Transportation Authority and funded, in part, by $13 million from DHS’ Transit Security Grant Program—is a simple and effective program to engage the public and key frontline employees to identify and report indicators of terrorism, crime and other threats to the proper transportation and law enforcement authorities.More than 230 Walmart stores nationwide launched the “If You See Something, Say Something” campaign today, with a total of 588 Walmart stores in 27 states joining in the coming weeks. A short video message, available here, will play at select checkout locations to remind shoppers to contact local law enforcement to report suspicious activity.Hmmm.....the American Stasi awakens?Between 1950 and 1989, the Stasi employed a total of 274,000 persons in an effort to root out the class enemy.How many will they employ in the USA?Read the full "story" here.
- WikiLeaks press release: Julian Assange Defense Fund frozen.The Swiss Bank Post Finance today issues a press release stating that it had frozen Julian Assange's defense fund and personal assets (31K EUR) after reviewing him as a "high profile" individual.The technicality used to seize the defense fund was that Mr. Assange, as a homeless refugee attempting to gain residency in Switzerland, had used his lawyers address in Geneva for the bank's correspondence.Late last week, the internet payment giant PayPal, froze 60Keur of donations to the German charity the Wau Holland Foundation, which were targeted to promote the sharing of knowledge via WikiLeaks.WikiLeaks and Julian have lost 100Keur in assets this week.One of the most fascinating aspects of the Cablegate exposure is how it is throwing into relief the power dynamics between supposedly independent states like Switzerland, Sweden and Australia.WikiLeaks also has public bank accounts in Iceland (preferred) and Germany.Hmmm...money makes the world go round?Read the full story here.
- South American countries recognize Palestinian state.After initial recognition by Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay follow suit, recognize "free and independent" Palestine with 1967 borders; Israel: recognition contradicts road map. Israel Monday night expressed "regret and disappointment" at South American countries' decision to recognize an independent Palestinian state."Recognition of a Palestinian state is a violation of the interim agreement signed by Israel and the Palestinian Authority in 1995, which established that the status of the West Bank and Gaza Strip will be discussed and solved through negotiations," the Foreign Ministry said in a statement.The statement said that recognition of a Palestinian state also contradicts the road map."All attempts to bypass negotiations and to unilaterally determine issues in dispute will only harm the trust of the sides and their commitment to agreed upon frameworks for negotiations," the statement read.The American Jewish Committee called the recognition of an independent Palestinian state by the South American countries both worrisome and counterproductive.Argentina said its recognition of a Palestinian state reflected a general consensus in Mercosur, the South American trade bloc, according to the Associated Press.Hmmmm.....Anything to ruin the peaceproces so we can impose a peaceplan?Read the full story here.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Clinton's role in Obama's failed Muslim outreach.Jennifer Rubin says that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton deserves some of the blame for the miserable state of President Obama's Middle East policies.The Egyptian elections are yet another failure for Obama's "Muslim outreach." Our quiet diplomacy -- the Obama team likes to refer to its efforts as "smart" diplomacy -- has proven to be utterly ineffective. It's clear that Hosni Mubarak doesn't take the administration very seriously. And in fact that's increasingly true throughout the Middle East.Given that Mrs. Clinton says she has no interest in running for any elected office in the future, one has to wonder why she is not taking a position that is more independent of the Obama administration. Unless she has decided that she doesn't care about her place in history either.Read the full story here.
- UF Hillel group upset after finding menorah vandalized.The menorah was pulled up, thrown down and its oil lamps were damaged.The University of Florida Hillel had its Hanukkah celebration marred over the weekend by the vandalism of a large outdoor menorah on its Gainesville property.Hillel members discovered Saturday that the menorah had apparently been pulled from its foundation, thrown down and its oil lamps were damaged, said Joshua Kahn, Israel program director for Hillel. He said the vandalism follows an incident Friday night in which about 10 people were witnessed saying "[Expletive] the Jews" before kicking over a fence on the property."I'm hoping that it wasn't anti-Semitism, and it's just a bunch of drunk kids," he said.The incidents follow a report released Friday by Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum that found Alachua County ranked second in the state in hate crimes in 2009, with 20 reported over the course of the year.The cases included a swastika painted on a Jewish fraternity house on the UF campus.UF has the largest Jewish population of any public university in the nation, according to the national Hillel group.Hmmmm.......Outrage...Obama's Special Envoy to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism Hannah Rosenthal speaks out against
Anti Semitismsorry my mistake "Islamophobia"!Read the full story
- HT:TeaandPolitics.Islamic countries: Poll shows growing majority favor Sharia Law, more Islam in public life.A majority of Muslims around the world welcome a significant role for Islam in their countries’ political life, according to a new poll from the Pew Research Center, but have mixed feelings toward militant religious groups such as Hamas and Hezbollah.According to the survey, majorities in Pakistan, Egypt, Jordan and Nigeria would favor changing the current laws to allow stoning as a punishment for adultery, hand amputation for theft and death for those who convert from Islam to another religion. About 85% of Pakistani Muslims said they would support a law segregating men and women in the workplace.Indonesia, Egypt, Nigeria and Jordan were among the most enthusiastic, with more than three-quarters of Muslims polled in those countries reporting positive views of Islam’s influence in politics: either that Islam had a large role in politics, and that was a good thing, or that it played a small role, and that was bad.Turkish Muslims were the most conflicted, with just more than half reporting positive views of Islam’s influence in politics. Turkey has struggled in recent years to balance a secular political system with an increasingly fervent Muslim population.Hmmmm.....we don't want to take over your country?Read the full story here.
- Police: Usfiya teen admitted to dumping hookah coal.Shortly after Haifa District Court releases two teens suspected of negligent arson police announce new suspect – 14-year-old who admitted to smoking hookah in open territory, dumping burning coal.Police arrested a 14-year-old teenage resident of Usfiya Monday who is suspected of negligently causing the Carmel fire disaster. Earlier on Monday two teens arrested for similar suspicions were released after the Haifa District Court granted their appeal. Police claim the third suspect admitted to smoking a hookah in an open area near Usfiya, throwing out the burning coal and not reporting that a fire had erupted. In his interrogation he said that he returned to school after smoking the hookah and reenacted the incident to investigators.
Hmmm....how many fires in Israel this year started by accident?JNF Director:- This year,there were 1620 forest fires. 70 percent of them due to arson !This is ecological intifada! Read the full story here. HT:AmnonandJonathan.
- HT:EmergingCorruption.Never Forget; But What Do We Remember? 25,000 sq. foot Mosque ok’d in So.California.From Ground Zero, one wonders how anyone could ever forget. I believe most Americans, being “Americans” and loving liberty, and common sense, do not declare all Muslims are here for Jihad. However, as one close to Law Enforcement, we also take for granted the price that Liberty asks at times. Its easy when we are not living, thank God, in a War Zone. How many of us have.That brings me to our topic, a suburban bedroom community in Southern California, Temecula. Wednesday December 1st, a City Council Planning Meeting, approved a 25,000 square foot Mosque to be built. The Iman, Mahmoud Harmoush, remains in question. MSNBC, (not really a Conservative source; so here you go) a YouTube video, features the Iman Harmoush. It causes one to pause: Why one wonders, he cannot say NO to Hamas and Hezbollah? That, with, a “Family Security Matters” article, which states about the ICTV (Islamic Center of Temecula Valley):“One of the churches opposing the mosque has cited both the size of the project, concerns about Islam itself, and anti-Israeli rallies, sponsored by the Islamic Center of Temecula Valley (ICTV) as reasons for its opposition to the project. In one of those rallies held in January 2009, the ICTV partnered with the Al-Awda – The Palestine Right to Return Coalition, an organization opposed to Israel’s right to exist and which supports resistance against Israel “by any means necessary.”Further, Iman Harmousch, is from Syria. From there we can track him to the Carribean in the 1980′s. What is most disconcerting is the possible link the Iman has with the “Global Muslim Brotherhood”. What’s the GMB?Hmmm....why is Homeland Security not checking these people in depth?Read the full story here.Related : Mano Bakh: A Member of the Shah’s Military Crusades against Temecula Mosque .Here.
- The moment when a passenger opens fire on a taxi driver, shoots him seven times and leaves him critically injured.This is the moment when a New York taxi driver is shot seven times, robbed and left to die by a gun-totting passenger.Jamaican immigrant Trevor Bell, 53, had reached the desired destination but this CCTV footage from inside the cab shows that there was some sort of altercation before he was riddled with bullets from the back-seat.The incident, which happened near Queens in New York on Friday night, has left Mr Bell, who was shot in the neck, arms and both legs, in a critical condition condition.Hmmmm....any idea of the suspect his origins?Read the full story here.
- Iran sits down with six powers at the UN to haggle over Tehran's nuclear programme.Iran and six world powers haggled over the terms of negotiations that the West hopes will limit Iranian nuclear activities that could be used to make atomic weapons.Officials from the six powers at the meeting - the US, Russia, Britain, France, Germany and the European Union - said the Iranian delegation had reacted calmly when told the group was still seeking a commitment from Tehran to stop uranium enrichment.Iran has insisted previously that the topic of enrichment was not up for negotiation.Tehran says it does not want atomic arms, but as it builds up its capacity to make such weapons, neither Israel nor the US have ruled out military action if Tehran fails to heed UN Security Council demands to freeze key nuclear programmes.Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki sounded a note of optimism as the talks began, telling reporters in Athens that 'the countries that are participating today in the talks on the nuclear programme have the room to follow a policy to resolve the issue'.On Sunday, Iran announced it had delivered its first domestically mined raw uranium to a processing facility, claiming it was now self-sufficient over the whole enrichment process.Ali Akbar Salehi, head of the Atomic Energy Organisation of Iran and the country's vice president, said Iran had for the first time delivered domestically mined raw uranium to a processing facility - allowing it to bypass U.N. sanctions prohibiting import of the material.U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has said it was up to Iran to restore trust about its nuclear intentions, urging it to come to Geneva prepared to 'firmly, conclusively reject the pursuit of nuclear weapons'.But for Iran, the main issues are peace, prosperity - and nuclear topics only in the context of global disarmament.'Iran has not and will not allow anybody in the talks to withdraw one iota of the rights of the Iranian nation,' President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said before the talks.Read the full story here.
- Small man syndrome? Pint-sized Prime Minister Nicolas Sarkozy. requests 'short' security men for India visit.At 5ft 5 his small stature leaves him looking up to most other world leaders.But Nicolas Sarkozy has had an ingenious idea to make himself appear loftier. The 55-year-old French President has asked for ‘short’ security men to protect him during his state visit to India.The demand from the pint-sized President comes after claims he banned workers over 5ft 6ins from attending a factory visit in June.Sarkozy is said to have sent aides to the Turbomeca aeronautics factory in Toulouse to 'whittle out the tall ones' from any workers who may want to meet him on during the visit.Local paper the Republique des Pyrenees said: ‘It seems people at the factory decided it was better to yield to the president's wishes than face exile to the land of the pygmies.’The 5ft 10in tall former supermodel said: 'I understand that the media prefers to talk about my pumps more than my global foundation or the fight against illiteracy.'At 5ft 5in tall in his bare feet, Mr Sarkozy is even shorter than his famous predecessor Napoleon, who was an inch taller.The president is also one of the world's shortest heads of state - only slightly taller than North Korea's Kim Jong-Il and Russia's Dmitry Medvedev, both of whom are 5ft 3in tall.Hmmmm...."Seize matters really"Read the full lenght story here.
- Arab agencies: Fire proves Israel is weak.Has Israel's force of deterrence been compromised by Carmel fire? Israeli officials debate.Israeli officials attempted to refute claims that the state's force of deterrence had been compromised by the huge Carmel forest fire over the weekend, even as terror groups rejoiced in the apparent ease with which the state could be put out of commission.Brigadier-General Giora Eiland told Ynet that although the firefighting services were ultimately proven to be "the weakest link", that only meant that they would be fortified. "Theoretically, if there is a conflict with Hezbollah it will find itself facing a better-prepared firefighting system than before," Eiland said.One Israeli official agreed with this opinion, and warned that rockets or missiles exploding in northern Israel could simulate the Carmel disaster."As a citizen, and a person familiar with firefighting services in the north, I am concerned," Lieutenant-Colonel (Res) Shavit Zalmi, who commands firefighters in the north, told Ynet Monday."We may face much more difficult and complex situations – any missile could cause a big blaze – and if the firefighting services don't receive resources the damage and civilian suffering will be greater."Hmmm.....Still it's amazing to put out a mayor forestfire in 4 days.I bet the Arabs might need 4 weeks ? Read the full story here.
- 'Mossad may be behind Red Sea shark attacks'.Egyptian authorities leaving no stone unturned in bid to discover mysterious shark attacks which left German tourist dead. 'Mossad plot not out of the question,' says South Sinai governor. Shark attacks on tourists in the Red Sea have triggered a flurry of speculation as to what could have caused them, with suggestions ranging from overfishing to an Israeli plot to harm Egyptian tourism. Others suggested it could have been part of a secret plot by Israel's Mossad intelligence agency. "What is being said about the Mossad throwing the deadly shark (in the sea) to hit tourism in Egypt is not out of the question, but it needs time to confirm," South Sinai Governor Mohamed Abdel Fadil Shousha was quoted as saying by state news site egynews.net.Egyptians often blame neighboring Israel for a variety of problems such as drug and weapon smuggling, or say it supports media that seek to portray Egypt in a bad light. Hmmm...i knew it,i knew it it's another Zionist plot.Next they're going to say they breed them in captivity to attack tourists?Read the full story here.
- HT:TheBlaze.Trumka Now Using Faith Groups to Organize ‘Progressive Activists’.AFL-CIO president Richard Trumka has announced that his union is starting a new campaign using “1,000 congregation-based unemployed worker support committees” to offer support to the unemployed and advocate for jobs.“The campaign will help combat the severe unemployment crisis that is devastating so many working people and families and help rebuild the foundations of our nation’s economy,” Trumka announced in a statement.“[F]aith groups, political leaders and progressive activists have come together in the Faith Advocates for Jobs Campaign, which was launched this week at a Capitol Hill meeting,” Trumka added. “The campaign will help combat the severe unemployment crisis that is devastating so many working people and families and help rebuild the foundations of our nation’s economy.”The campaign’s mission statement, however, reads like a progressive jobs manifesto. “As people of faith, we call for an economy that provides a job for everyone who wants and needs one,” Trumka quotes it as saying. “We affirm that all jobs should be good jobs, paying living wages and benefits, allowing workers dignity and a voice at the workplace, ensuring workers’ health and safety, and guaranteeing their right to organize unions.”The group Tumka says will oversee the initiative, Interfaith Worker Justice, also doesn’t shy away from progressive talk.In a video posted on its website, the group decries “wage theft,” which it describes as workers being underpaid, not paid for overtime, or being misclassified.Hmmm.....haven't we seen something similar in the 1910's Russia?Read the full story here.
- RSN Exclusive: A Conversation with Congressman Steve King: Taking Back Congress.For years we have heard the common refrain that “the people don’t get it,” or we’re “stupid,” or we “really don’t care.” Ignoring the Americans who serially vote Democrat because they have been bought off with welfare payments or some other benefit, I have always argued otherwise, and Reagan’s 1980 and 1984 landslide victories bore me out. Of course, as President, the senior Bush quickly smashed that resurgent national spirit with a “wicked political pivot ” back to insipid mediocrity.RSN: Congressman King, what can we do to take our country back?King: Well, the people have run up a new flag next to Old Glory and that is the Gadsden Flag, don’t tread on me . That is the spirit of this renewed America that we have. But what we’re doing in Congress now is basically fighting a rearguard action. We’re hanging on to the freedom we have. Now we may take some back with this new Congress, but we know we can’t sustain this unless we take the culture back.Hmmm..."And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."Read the full story here.
- What Obama Needs to Come Back: Luck.The coalition that got Barack Obama elected President just two years ago has been shattered. Gaming out the trajectory of the next two years can be done any number of ways, but Obama's efforts to rebuild a politically robust alliance will be the most telling. It may be the biggest challenge of his career — and he will need happenstance along with skill if he is going to get it done.Should Obama effectively confront these dynamics, he will still need some luck. Busy as he's been, he has not yet experienced a single major moment that has benefited him politically. The most dramatic events of his term — the BP oil spill, the passage of the health-care law, the arms-control agreement with Russia — have had either no impact or a negative influence on Obama's standing.No one wants the country to suffer another catastrophe. But when a struggling Bill Clinton was faced with the Oklahoma City bombing and a floundering George W. Bush was confronted by 9/11, they found their voices and a route to political revival. Perhaps Obama's crucible can be positive — the capture of Osama bin Laden, the fall of the Iranian regime, a dramatic technological innovation that revitalizes American manufacturing — something to reintroduce him to the American people and show the strengths he demonstrated as a presidential candidate. Hmmm....having another terrorist attack doesn't qualify under "Luck" in my book!Now they're hoping for a terrorist attack to save Obama's career? OMG!Read the full "
Luck" story here.
- 14-year-old Armenian girl beaten in Iran.A 14-year-old Armenian girl was severely beaten in the Esfahan city of Iran. According to the website of National Council of Resistance of Iran, she was beaten by the Iranian regime’s paramilitary Bassij Forces.The source says she was stopped by a group of Bassij suppressive agents who insisted that she was not adequately veiled. They wanted to detain her but the girl offered resistance. Other youths rushed to help her trying to urge the agents not to arrest her.According to eyewitnesses, a State Security Forces (SSF) unit arrived on the scene to provide back up to the Bassij agents, who violently dispersed the population and detained the girl as they beat her, the website reads.Source.
- Unusual methods helped ICE break deportation record, e-mails and interviews show.For much of this year, the Obama administration touted its tougher-than-ever approach to immigration enforcement, culminating in a record number of deportations.But in reaching 392,862 deportations, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement included more than 19,000 immigrants who had exited the previous fiscal year, according to agency statistics. ICE also ran a Mexican repatriation program five weeks longer than ever before, allowing the agency to count at least 6,500 exits that, without the program, would normally have been tallied by the U.S. Border Patrol. When ICE officials realized in the final weeks of the fiscal year, which ended Sept. 30, that the agency still was in jeopardy of falling short of last year's mark, it scrambled to reach the goal. Officials quietly directed immigration officers to bypass backlogged immigration courts and time-consuming deportation hearings whenever possible, internal e-mails and interviews show.Instead, officials told immigration officers to encourage eligible foreign nationals to accept a quick pass to their countries without a negative mark on their immigration record, ICE employees said. The option, known as voluntary return, may have allowed hundreds of immigrants - who typically would have gone before an immigration judge to contest deportation for offenses such as drunken driving, domestic violence and misdemeanor assault - to leave the country. A voluntary return doesn't bar a foreigner from applying for legal residence or traveling to the United States in the future.Hmmm....so it's more like a paid holiday back home?Read the full story here.
- HT:BigGoverment.Pigford: Obama’s Down Payment on the 2012 Rural South Vote.This past Tuesday, Nov 30th, the Democratically-controlled lame-duck House passed the $1.2 billion Black Farmer’s Settlement funding known as Pigford II. The previous week the bill had passed the Senate with assurances of strict measures to protect the taxpayers against the rampant fraud that has been widely documented from multiple sources in both the media and government.The bill passed the House 256-152, and is now headed to President Obama to sign: the man who single-handedly introduced the Pigford II legislation in 2007 to curry favor with rural black Southern voters, to which he was trailing significantly to then front-runner Hillary Clinton.As of today, the American taxpayer is now on the hook for an additional $1.2 billion of payments to black “farmers,” whom did not have to provide proof of:
-Having ever farmed or having attempted to farm
-Having ever had a loan at the USDA
-Having ever filled out paperwork for a farm loan
-Having ever attempted to get a loan.
The only burden of proof requirement was filling out a form stating that they had "attempted"
to and have a family member vouch for that assertion.The U.S. government would then send
a $50,000 check to these “farmers.”Read the full story here.
- Photo Op-inion: Where Should Obama Visit Next?Sometimes funny, sometimes serious, these images say it with pictures instead of words: President Obama made a surprise visit to Afghanistan on Friday, December 3. Show us other locations around the world the president ought to visit.
Hmmmm....how about a visit to Auschwitz,might be educational for him and the family?Read the full story here.
- HT:Macleans.Jihad in the Caucasus?Recent terrorist attacks in Russia’s North Caucasus have attracted the attention of analysts. An increasing number of recent terrorist attacks in Russia’s North Caucasus have attracted the attention of analysts who point to a growing role of Arab fighters and even preachers in the region. “North Caucasus jihadis’ linkage to the global jihad is now at a level in which clerics have become influential and are sought out for fatwas and advice,” writes Murad Batal al-Shishani, a political analyst at the Jamestown Foundation, a Washington-based political think tank, noting what appears to be the spreading influence of Arab Salafist ideologues.Among the recent examples of an Arab presence is the highly publicized but not unique death of 24-year-old Jordanian Anas Khalil Khadir, who was killed in Chechnya in June after joining jihadist groups there. And in August, Jordanian Salafist ideologue Abu Muhammad al-Maqdisi and Syrian cleric Abu Basir al-Tartusi condemned the fracturing of jihadist groups in Chechnya and the North Caucasus, advocating they unite under the militant Chechen Islamic leader Doku Umarov.Crego acknowledges that “there has been some radicalization of the Islamic movement in the North Caucasus, and outside influence from Islamic militants.” Hmmmm....Then there are the Chechen terrorists arrested the last weeks in Europe,talk about spreading the Jihad message?Read the full story here.
- Meet NATO's opt-out member.The quarrel between Ankara and NATO over the proposed missile-defense initiative suggests that Turkey is becoming the Alliance's "opt-out" member in operations in Muslim countries. The governing Justice and Development Party, or AKP, has so far refused to host the missile shield because it is directed against potential threats from two fellow Muslim countries—Syria and Iran. The AKP considers itself the defender of a politically defined "Islamic civilization" and has recently moved closer to Damascus and Tehran.Public perception of American support for the AKP will also help the party at next year's elections. Expect Turkey's governing party though to drag its feet before implementing any agreement. Moreover, according to media reports, it might demand a high price for its approval. Most importantly, Ankara might insist that the defense shield's radar information will not be shared with third countries – read: Israel.Whatever the ultimate outcome, for the first time since joining NATO in 1952, Turkey has challenged an Alliance initiative. And in doing so, the AKP is wearing a politicized religious identity and ideology on its sleeve. It has already signaled a future rift with NATO over Iran and Syria by removing these two countries from its "Red Book," Turkey's official policy paper defining foreign security threats. Given that Turkey is the only NATO member bordering Iran and Syria, viewed by the U.S. as ballistic missile threats to NATO, this is a troubling strategic shift.Under the AKP, Ankara will be the enfant noir of NATO. In the same way Greece opted out of and blocked NATO operations against criminal regimes in the Western Balkans, citing its "affinity with its Orthodox brothers," the AKP will use the "Islamic civilization" excuse to abstain from or hinder NATO operations in the "Muslim world."The AKP's objection to the appointment of Anders Fogh Rasmussen as NATO secretary-general last year was a harbinger of troubles to come. Ankara objected to Mr. Rasmussen's appointment because of the way he "handled the cartoon crisis," demonstrating the party's Islamic weltanschauung.As NATO membership provides Turkey with crucial technology and political clout, it is unlikely the AKP is interested in ending the country's decades-old commitment to the Alliance. But particularly if the 2011 elections allow it to cement its rule, the AKP will increasingly use its NATO membership to undermine operations in the Muslim world and to defend its Manichean view of global politics.Hmmmm....Talk about the ennemy within.Read the full story here.
- HT:FormerMuslimsUnited.Conference on Apostasy, Sharia Law and Human Rights, 11 December 2010.To mark International Human Rights Day, the International Humanist and Ethical Union is co-sponsoring an all day conference on “Apostasy, Sharia Law and Human Rights” at Conway Hall Humanist Centre, 25 Red Lion Square, London, UK. The conference will highlight urgent cases, including Pakistani Asia Bibi who has received a death sentence for blasphemy, Palestinian Waleed Al-Husseini who has been arrested for criticising Islam, and campaigners in Iran charged with ‘enmity against God’, and demand their unconditional and immediate release.The conference is sponsored by Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain, International Humanist and Ethical Union, Iran Solidarity, National Secular Society, One Law for All and South Place Ethical Society.The event will be dedicated to the Iran stoning case of Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani.Read the full story here.
- S Korea holds live-fire navy drills. North Korea says naval exercises near disputed sea border show the South is "hell-bent" on war.South Korea has started a nationwide live-fire naval exercise, despite warnings from Pyongyang against staging what it describes as provocative drills in disputed waters off the divided peninsula."The drills have started," a spokesman for the South's military said on Monday.The exercises are scheduled to take place at 29 sites in seas near the disputed Northern Limit Line (NLL).North Korea has said that the exercises, expected to last for a week, showed the South was "hell-bent" on setting off a war.Al Jazeera's Marga Ortigas, reporting from Seoul, said the timing of the naval drills seems "rather inappropriate considering the way things have been here over the last two weeks".She said it is part of the South Korean government's efforts to "take more more forceful steps when it comes to dealing with North Korean provocation"."The previous defence minister was let go for failing to protect the country."But now South Korea has a new defence minister who is determined to show he is a man of his word. There are many expectations resting on his shoulders," she said.Read the full story here.
- HT:DougRoss.Howard Dean Admits the Truth About Progressives: Overthrow of the U.S. Government Is Our Aim.It doesn't get any more plain than this interview with Howard Dean, former presidential candidate and chairman of the Democrat National Committee.We almost came back in New Hampshire, Karen Hicks, who ran Hillary’s campaign, she’s a disciple of Marshall Ganz who’s a disciple of Saul Alinksy, Marshall Ganz is probably the best theoretical organizer today, he influenced Obama’s campaign very heavily...Whether you know who Saul Alinsky is -- and what he stands for -- or not, Andrew McCarthy's description of his movement and its impact upon Obama bears repeating....the president is an Alinskyite, so steeped in the ideology of the seminal community organizer that he became a top instructor in Alinskyite tactics for other up-and-coming radicals......Alinksyites are fifth-column radicals. They have, in substance, the same goals as open revolutionaries: overthrowing the existing free-market republic and replacing it with a radical’s utopia. That’s why Obama could befriend such unrepentant former terrorists as Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn, and take inspiration from Jeremiah Wright, a black-liberation theologist......But Alinskyites are more sophisticated, patient, and practical. They bore in, hollowing out the system from within, appropriating the appearance and argot of mainstream society. Their single, animating ambition is to overthrow the capitalist social order, which they claim to see as racist, corrupt, exploitative, imperialist, etc...In short, Alinsky supported violence and terror to achieve the overthrow of American society.And any person who runs under the banner of Alinsky should be disqualified from holding public office. They should be called precisely what they are: Communists.There is no possible way that an adherent of Alinsky can sincerely take a pledge to uphold the Constitution.Let me say that again, slowly, for the liberals: there is no valid method -- none whatsoever! -- for an Alinskyite to take a solemn oath to uphold the nation's highest law.The Constitution is not a suicide pact. Allowing Alinskyites into positions of power is akin to permitting Nikita Khrushchev to name members of the cabinet during the height of the Cold War.We need to call them what they are: Reds.Hmmm....now if he were against America would he have done anything different in the last two years?Read the full story here.
- Canadian resident sentenced to death in Iran, supporters allege abuse.TORONTO - An Iranian-born Canadian man has been sentenced to death in Tehran in a case his supporters say is rife with torture and human rights abuses.A website run by those campaigning for Saeed Malekpour's release from an Iranian prison says the 35-year-old was sentenced to death Saturday.Malekpour's supporters say an Iranian judge told his lawyer the death sentence was not his decision but one made by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard.Malekpour is a website developer who became a permanent Canadian resident in 2004.His supporters, including his wife who now lives in Richmond Hill, Ont., say he was arrested in Iran in October 2008 after a trip to visit his ailing father.He has been held in Tehran's Evin Prison in relation to a case of "Internet offences" linked to a program he made for what turned out to be an adult website.The charges against him include "taking action against national security by designing and moderating adult content websites," "agitation against the regime" and "insulting the sanctity of Islam." His supporters say Malekpour wasn't aware the program he made would be used for an adult website.Malekpour wrote an open letter to Iranian officials in March this year alleging forced confessions, torture which includes lashings, and physical abuse resulting in broken teeth and bodily infections.“Most of the time, the tortures were performed by a group," he wrote. "While I remained blindfolded and handcuffed, several individuals armed with cables, batons, and their fists struck and punched me."Malekpour said his mistreatment was aimed at forcing him to admit to a false confession before a camera, based on scenarios his interrogators were dictating.The group has also sent a petition to the House of Commons calling for Ottawa to appeal to the Iranian government and demand Malekpour's release.Does this mean he had a link to victoria's secret? Hmmm...do these people know of any other punishment but the death sentence?Read the full story here.
- HT:BacktoBasics.Video : Woman Strips Down to Her Lingerie, Gets TSA Pat Down Anyway—Twice .This bombshell wearing just black lace, a pearl necklace and a white dog is Tammy Banovac, a retired surgeon in a wheelchair. She got down to her lingerie while going through airport security and still got a pat down. Twice. Update:Turns out that Tammy Banovac posed naked for Playboy in 1997, when she was a dental surgeon in Oklahoma, under her maiden name Tammy Lynn Brewer.Dr. Banovac always refuses to go through the metal detector. She has to use a metal wheelchair and that means that she always gets a pat down no matter what. Lately, she says she feels violated because the pat downs have become increasingly invasive during the last few months. “If it happened anywhere else, it would have been sexual assault,” she declared to a local newspaper.She was so angry with the situation that she decided to change things. On November 30, the 52-year-old arrived to the Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City en route to Phoenix, wearing just a trench coat. When it was time to pass through the check point, she took off her coat, stripping down to her black lace lingerie. She hoped that, by showing that she had nothing to hide, she would not be hand-searched.Sadly for her, things got worse: The perspicacious TSA agents wanted her to go through the metal detector, anyway. When she understandably refused, they decided to give her a pat down.At this point, the quick-witted TSA agents said they found traces of nitrate on her body. Banovac claimed that it was probably her medication or a result of a hunting day. However, since it’s obvious that the retired surgeon could be a secret Al-Qaeda terrorist carrying a bomb somewhere in her lace bra or panties, the astute TSA officials subjected her to a one-hour hand-search and interrogation. Yes, one hour.If this is not an example of everything that is wrong with the TSA, I don’t know what is.Read and see the full story here.
- Malaysia pulled up for 'Caning Epidemic'.Kuala Lumpur: Caning in Malaysia has "hit epidemic proportions" with thousands of people subjected every year to beatings which leave permanent physical and mental scars, Amnesty International said on Monday."In every case that we examined, the punishment amounted to torture, which is absolutely prohibited under any circumstances."Amnesty said that since 2002, when parliament made immigration violations subject to caning, tens of thousands of migrant workers and foreigners seeking asylum had undergone the punishment."In Malaysian prisons specially trained caning officers tear into victims' bodies with a meter-long cane swung with both hands at high speed," it said."The cane rips into the victim's naked skin, pulps the fatty tissue below, and leaves scars that extend to muscle fibre. The pain is so severe that victims often lose consciousness."Amnesty said that prison officers were paid a bonus for each stroke, enabling them to double their income by administering the punishment.Malaysia is 61 % Muslim.Read the full story here.
- The Netherlands - Sex abuse in Muslim families goes unreported.Four Dutch-Moroccan women, Rabea, Zohra, Ibtisam and Saïda, were all sexually abused by members of their families: their fathers, uncles, brothers or cousins.After years of silence, they have decided to speak out because they know that many other Muslim women suffer the same fate. A care worker: “Taboos, secrecy, silence, shame and a closed community are almost a recipe for sexual abuse.”The idea of ‘family honour’ meant that Rabea, Zohra, Ibtisam and Saïda kept their mouths shut. Now they are telling their stories to try and break the taboo surrounding sexual abuse in Muslim families. They no longer see themselves as victims. Their mission is to help other women who are in trouble now.Their stories are individual but share much common ground. They were all around four or five when someone in their family started abusing them. The girls all kept silent because of threats, but also for fear of bringing ‘dishonour’ on the family. They didn’t even consider going to the police. Even now, they think that would be going too far.Rabea was abused as a little girl by her father. She became caught up in herself and grew defiant.“It’s so unnatural. If you’re beaten up at school or on the street, you go to your parents or your teacher. But this is your father. That goes against everything you believe in. I didn’t know how to talk about it and to whom I could turn. I was in danger of ending up in prostitution, but that didn’t happen luckily. Other people’s support and my belief in Jesus Christ helped to give me strength in the end."Zohra, Rabea, Ibtisam and Saïda are not alone. There are more indications of sexual abuse in Islamic families. A crisis centre in Friesland takes in victims of honour-related violence. Half of them turned out to be sexually abused by a relative. Most of them have a Moroccan or Turkish background, some of them are Iraqi, Afghan or Kurd.Hmmmm....Obama "Islam is a great religion".Read the full story here.
- Clinton: Saudi Arabia funding terror.Principal American ally described in diplomatic cables revealed by WikiLeaks as source of terror funding.Even US allies in the Arab world continue to fund terror organizations, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton claimed in a cable posted Monday by WikiLeaks. The document, written last December, said that citizens in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and the UAE are the main funders of various organizations including al-Qaeda, the Taliban, Hamas, Lashkar e-Taiba and others.In another cable, the US embassy in Riyadh reports that the finance minister told the Saudi intelligence services about a visit of three senior Taliban members who were coming to the country to raise funds. The Saudis said they knew nothing of the visit. Prince Muhammad bin Nayef, who managed affairs during the absence of King Abdullah who went to the US for an operation, said it was a case of poor judgment and not support for terror.Hmmm...poor judgement ..yeah !Read the full story here.
- HT:CommentaryMagazine.The Myth of Jewish-Only Roads.Helen Thomas is at it again.“I can call a president of the United States anything in the book,” she said at an anti-Arab-bias workshop in Detroit, “but I can’t touch Israel, which has Jewish-only roads in the West Bank. No American would tolerate that — white-only roads.”She’s right that no American would tolerate white-only roads. Israelis, likewise, would never tolerate roads for Jews only. That’s why such roads don’t exist.There are also, by the way, Palestinian roads in the West Bank that Israelis can’t use.I don’t know if Helen Thomas knows this and is lying or if she’s just an ignoramus. What I’ll bet she doesn’t know is that Arab residents of Jerusalem can use both the Israeli roads and the Palestinian roads. They’re the only people who live in the area who can do this. (Foreigners also are allowed to use both.)This doesn’t remotely line up with her narrative of perfidious Zion. But it’s true.Hmmm....." Lies only"?Read the full story here.
- HT:PajamasMedia.Political Correctness Kills: Study Shows How Terrorists Infiltrate U.S. Government.There is a very important — one might even say life-and-death — distinction that should be made in considering U.S. counterterrorism policy. Certainly, U.S. forces have had many successes in stopping intended terrorist attacks against the United States. Yet there have also been a number of failures. How to distinguish what made the difference?Hesham Islam has been an especially powerful figure: the senior advisor for international affairs for Deputy Defense Secretary Gordon England and the Pentagon’s point-man for Muslim outreach. When one officer wrote a good study of revolutionary Islamist ideology, Islam campaigned to get him fired. Other officials told me that Islam tried to push them out also.Islam’s autobiography on a Defense Department site contained clear contradictions and omissions, while his own academic work was rather shockingly radical. His father had worked for Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, while Islam claimed that he had survived a ship sinking that apparently never happened.This study doesn’t include many other cases, most notably that of Nidal Hasan, the Fort Hood terrorist, where the Army’s negligence was responsible for the tragedy. At the time, I called Hasan the first terrorist to give an academic lecture with Power Point — to an Army audience — explaining his intention to commit a terrorist attack. Since then, things haven’t improved, including the Army’s report that didn’t even dare to talk about jihad.Let’s be clear. There should be no witch-hunt of Muslims. This is about applying the same kind of scrutiny to Muslims that anyone else gets. The truth: bureaucrats are afraid to follow clear leads and point out obvious problems, lest their careers be injured by accusations of Islamophobia.Hmmmm....we all know who's the reason for the lax aproach to the Muslim extremists.Read the full story here.
- HT:BigGoverment.Me & Mrs. Sherrod — And The $1.25 Billion Pigford II Black Farmers’ Settlement.I stumbled on the Pigford story in my defense of the Tea Party, so it’s a sweet irony that the Pigford story is exactly the kind of mess that makes the Tea Party so necessary. Politicians and trial attorneys bonded together to rip off the taxpayer, and even those farmers that were discriminated against were royally screwed.Let me be clear, our investigation convincingly leads us to believe the USDA practiced discrimination against black farmers. Those wrongs must be rectified. But Pigford is wrought with a grotesque amount of fraud, while the truly aggrieved were mostly left high and dry.The Pigford tale is about government run amok. It is also an indictment of the American media that is so blinded by ideology that it missed the big story yet again because taking out a political enemy was far more expedient. And furthermore it is why the American people need the Tea Party and new media as a checks and balances on corrupt politicians and their corrupt journalist counterparts.Today will be the first of many days that BigGoverment.com will release information, testimony and documents to make the case that, at the very least, the American taxpayer (and ESPECIALLY those legitimately discriminated-against black farmers) need a full accounting of the Pigford I and II settlements.Hmmmm....Something tells me ,this is going to smell bad!Read the full story here.
- The Pigford Shakedown: How the Black Farmers’ Cause Was Hijacked by Politicians, Trial Lawyers & Community Organizers — Leaving Us With a Billion Dollar Tab.A MUST READ!Read the full story here.
- Two more Christians murdered overnight in Baghdad. The killings prompt exodus. Some 500 families fleeing from Baghdad and Mosul to the north. That might not hold up to the influx of refugees. Meanwhile, the government promises 400 dollars in aid to every family that leaves.An Christian elderly couple was killed in their home last night: the latest in a long series of bloody episodes involving Christians. According to the little information so far provided by an Interior Ministry spokesman gunmen broke into the couple in the neighbourhood of Baladiyat, a predominantly Shiite area . Hikmat Sammak and his wife, Samira had sold their house in Baghdad and gone to live in Ainkawa-Erbil in the north. Two days ago, they had returned to Baghdad to complete the transaction and sell their furniture. During the night the criminals broke into their home, bound them and stabbed them to death. Today, their bodies have been transferred to the monastery of St. Matthew at Ba Ashika for burial.Hmmmm....now they pay Christians to leave,like they did at first with the Jews in the 1930's?Read the full story here.
- HT:Imra.Hamas: Israel planning to demolish Aqsa Mosque.Al Qassam website- Occupied Jerusalem -Col. Yoram Lev-Ran, the Commander of the Jerusalem district of the Home Front Command, has warned that a disaster might befall the holy Aqsa Mosque and that the old Marwani Mosque might collapse soon.He told an Israeli weekly published on Friday that a collapse would happen, but the only "question is when? And how many will be killed and injured?"Lev-Ran said that an emergency plan is always present when prayers in Ramadan are offered, adding the Home Front Command and the police are always on the alert.Observers believe that Lev-Ran's statement is only a test balloon to check the Arab reaction, adding that the demolition of the Aqsa was taken a while ago by the Israeli decision makers but was awaiting the proper time for implementation.Land caved in near the Aqsa Mosque and in occupied Jerusalem as a result of the Israeli excavations and tunnels dug underneath the holy site.Hmmm.....It's a Zionist plot ,and the leader is known.Read the full story here.
- Suicide Blasts Kill Dozens in Pakistan.PESHAWAR, Pakistan (Reuters) - Two suspected suicide bombers killed at least 40 people in an attack at the office compound of a senior government official in an area along Pakistan's Afghan border Monday, officials said. "The blasts destroyed many rooms in the compound and our reports are 40 people were killed and many wounded," a senior security official in the region said. Amjad Ali Khan, the top government official in the Mohmand region who appeared to be the target of the attack, earlier told Reuters by telephone that it appeared to be a suicide attack. "There were two bombers. They were on foot. The first blew himself up inside the office of one of my deputies while the second one set off explosives when guards caught him."Read the full story here.
- PM: İmam-hatip graduates snubbed many years.Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said graduates of religious imam-hatip schools had faced discrimination and humiliation for long years, during comments at the opening ceremony of the sixth congress of the Association of İmam-Hatip Graduates (ÖNDER) on Sunday. Erdoğan, who himself is also an imam-hatip graduate, said he has always been proud of attending an imam-hatip school and sending his children to them. “I will carry the pride of being an imam-hatip graduate till I breathe my last breath,” he noted. According to Erdoğan, some university teachers had snubbed graduates of imam-hatip schools for long years. “They called us ‘dead washers’ and ‘villagers.’ They said we would never become doctors, governors or lawyers. They said we would not be able to become even the head of neighborhood. But thank God, we trusted our nation and country. Dismay was not able to reach us,” he stated.Hmmm...did i not talk about the PM his Iman-hatip background a couple of weeks ago?Ah yes: As the name suggests, they were originally founded in lieu of a vocational school to train government employed imams; after madrasas in Turkey were abolished by the Unification of Education Act as a part of Atatürk's reforms.A pitty Attaturk left these remaining,but once an Imam always an Imam Mr PM?Read the full story here.
- HT:NewZeal.Rationing Proposed at Cancun.The 2010 United Nations Climate Change Conference is currently being held in Cancún, Mexico. It runs from 29 November to 10 December. It has been stated that 194 countries are represented at the conference - which probably covers every country in the World."In one paper Professor Kevin Anderson, Director of the Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research, said the only way to reduce global emissions enough, while allowing the poor nations to continue to grow, is to halt economic growth in the rich world over the next twenty years. This would mean a drastic change in lifestyles for many people in countries like Britain as everyone will have to buy less ‘carbon intensive’ goods and services such as long haul flights and fuel hungry cars. Prof Anderson admitted it “would not be easy” to persuade people to reduce their consumption of goods He said politicians should consider a rationing system similar to the one introduced during the last “time of crisis” in the 1930s and 40s. This could mean a limit on electricity so people are forced to turn the heating down, turn off the lights and replace old electrical goods like huge fridges with more efficient models. Food that has traveled from abroad may be limited and goods that require a lot of energy to manufacture. “The Second World War and the concept of rationing is something we need to seriously consider if we are to address the scale of the problem we face,” he said."I hate to think what they intend to do to "disbelievers" who dare to speak out and say that production and consumption are good things, essential for our well-being and human progress.Capitalism is about abundance and life. Socialism is about rationing and death. That's the bottom line.Read the full story here.
- HT:DougRoss.Secret U.S. Space Plane Glides Back to Earth--And, Thankfully, Even the WikiLeaks Crackpots Don't Know What It Was Doing.On Friday, December 3, 2010, the unmanned X-37B space plane glided back to Earth and landed in California after 220 days in orbit about our planet.The U.S. Air Force developed this secretive mission with the Orbital Test Vehicle 1 (OTV-1), better known as the X-37B space plane.It is a robotic winged craft, with no humans onboard, that looks somewhat similar to the more familiar space shuttles Atlantis, Endeavour, and Discovery.The X-37B space plane is about nine meters (29 feet) in length, has a wingspan of about four meters (14 feet), and has a height of approximately three meters (9.5 feet).It has a mass of about 5,000 kilograms (or a weight on Earth of about 11,000 pounds).About two of the vehicles could be lined up and placed into the cargo bay of the space shuttle.It landed on a runway at the Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, at approximately 1:16 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST), after its first trip into space.The exact mission and goals of the mission have been kept secret. However, speculation swirls that its mission was to spy on various countries on Earth not on the best of terms with the United States.A second X-37B has been developed, which is called OTV 2. Its first test flight is projected in early 2011.Hmmm....."Rods from God." Read the full story here.
- Texas Law Would Make it a Crime to Enforce ObamaCare, Punishable by 5 Years in Jail.Don’t mess with Texas…Texans take their rights seriously.A bill that has been prefiled for the 2011 state legislative session creates penalties of up to $5,000 in fines and up to five years in jail for anyone guilty of the “felony” of attempting “to enforce an act, order, law, statute, rule or regulation” of Obamacare, the president’s plan that effectively nationalizes the health-care decision making process.The plan by Texas Rep. Leo Berman, R-Tyler, effectively would nullify the federal health care legislation in his state.At least, that is what the bill that “relates to federal health care legislation” says.Hmmmm...."Remember the Alamo".Read the full story here.
- California's delightful double standard: no ID required for voting--but those who buy a box of ammo will get fingerprinted.California officials have resisted common sense voter ID rules for years, most recently hampering the introduction of a ballot initiative last month.But starting on 1 Feb. 2011, Californians wishing to buy ammo will be treated like common criminals. Fingerprinting and record-keeping of the purchase will be required -- to buy a box of ammo!...the double standard is glaringly obvious. When we ask that voters produce identification as they cast a ballot — which would be a reasonable and necessary precaution against the very real and serious crime of election fraud — they tell us no, that’s un-American and racist. But it’s okay to pointlessly harass gun owners who are exercising a legal and Constitutionally-protected activity...Here’s what will happen as the law kicks in. Gun owners will be hurrying to buy ammunition prior to the deadline. In order to get exactly what they want, in the quantities they want, in the time allowed, they will order from out of state. (That’s what I’ve done.) So we’ll see a short-term spike in purchasing…but much of the sales volume will slip away from in-state vendors. Then, after the deadline passes, California retailers will see sales drop precipitously...California should change its slogan to "Where law-abiding citizens are treated like illegal immigrants -- and vice versa"!Read the full story here.
- HT:AhmadiyyaTimes.UK: Channel 4 News Investigates | Islamist Hate Books Inquiry Call.Works by Zakir Naik as well as other banned Islamist leaders, such as Yusuf al-Qaradawi, Abdullah Al-Faisal and Bilal Philips, are available to borrow across London’s libraries.Counter-terror thinktanks call for inquiry into public library stocks after a Channel 4 News investigation finds hundreds of books written by radical Islamist preachers, writes Johnny McDevitt.Among the authors was the first person to be banned from entering the country by the Coalition Government earlier this year.Works by Zakir Naik as well as other banned Islamist leaders, such as Yusuf al-Qaradawi, Abdullah Al-Faisal and Bilal Philips, are available to borrow across London’s libraries.Indian televangelist Naik was barred from entering the country in June, after Home Secretary Theresa May uncovered comments attributed to him, which she said represented "unacceptable behaviour".Egyptian Qaradawi was excluded in 2008, when the Home Office said it would not tolerate the presence of those who seek to justify acts of terrorist violence.During his previous visit in 2004, Qaradawi defended suicide attacks on Israelis as "martyrdom in the name of God", during a BBC interview.Several books authored by Indian national Zakir Naik, mostly in Urdu, were obtained by a Channel 4 News reporter at Southall library in Ealing, west London.In Universal Brotherhood, Naik writes about the dangers of alcohol, saying: "Every 12th or 13th person you come across in America has committed incest…and in almost all the cases, takes place under the state of intoxication."Naik was banned from entering the UK by Home Secretary Theresa May in June.Among the nine comments, 44-year-old Naik - a televangelist for the satellite channel Peace TV - had called for any Muslim who changes religion to face the death penalty."If a Muslim becomes a non-Muslim and propagates his/her new religion, then it is as good as treason. There is a ‘death penalty’ in Islam for such a person," he said in an interview several years ago.The Muslim Council of Britain, which branded the exclusions of Naik and Qaradwi "serious errors of judgement," called for caution about the removal of their books."Libraries remain sources of information through which debate and ideas are shaped on a range of issues," it said.A copy of The Fundamentals of Tawheed by Philips - another Jamaican-born convert to Islam - was loaned from Watney Market library in Tower Hamlets.The book says "un-Islamic government must be sincerely hated and despised".Philips, a Canadian citizen, has previously written that Aids shows homosexuality is evil and dangerous to society.He has also argued that a woman is obliged to give herself to her husband and that the husband may not be charged with rape.Hmmmm....the real question is on what did they base their books?Read the full story here.
- And now for something completely different.Electric-eel Xmas lights? What a bright idea!An aquarium in Japan has come up with a novel — not to mention eco-friendly — way to power the lights on their Christmas tree this year: the electric eel.The resident eel is housed in a special tank, which contains two aluminium panels.These act as electrodes, harnessing the 800 watts of electricity the eel generates every time it moves and directing it down a wire and straight into the lights on the 6ft 6in tree.Hmmmm....Now that's an eelectrifying idea!Read the full story here.
Sunday, December 5, 2010
- HT:AmnonandJonathan.They want to burn Tivon as well !!!Lebanese Muslim Student - "We Should Burn The Jews Like Hitler Did".In addition to the Great Fire on Mt. Caramel, fires also started in Kiryat Tivon.Fire fighters and police, aided by volunteers from the local council and residents were able to overcome the fire and prevent a disaster. It is suspected that the fires are "man made".Parallel to the Great Fire frenzy on Mt. Caramel, a fire in a wadi near the streets of Gordon and Golomb in Kiryat Tivon, was lit on Friday at 13:15 or so. The fire threatened to spread to the National Park of "Beit Shearim" and there was also damage to the residents of adjacent streets. The residents were evacuated by the Municipal Council to the near by high school.A few hours later, at 21:00, another fire started in Kiryat Tivon. This time in Wadi under the 'Sharet' street. Volunteer-observer, noticed the fire and called the troops who put the fire out quickly.
Hmmm.....Damned that peace plan works good Mr President!Don't tell me...let me guess...you'll impose a peace plan with Turkish UN troops to enforce it?Read the full story here.
- WikiLeaks Ready to Release Giant 'Insurance' File if Shut Down.Julian Assange, the WikiLeaks founder, has circulated across the internet an encrypted “poison pill” cache of uncensored documents suspected to include files on BP and Guantanamo Bay.One of the files identified this weekend by The Sunday Times — called the “insurance” file — has been downloaded from the WikiLeaks website by tens of thousands of supporters, from America to Australia.Assange warns that any government that tries to curtail his activities risks triggering a new deluge of state and commercial secrets.The military papers on Guantanamo Bay, yet to be published, have been supplied by Bradley Manning, Assange’s primary source until his arrest in May. Other documents that Assange is confirmed to possess include an aerial video of a U.S. airstrike in Afghanistan that killed civilians, BP files and Bank of America documents.One of the key files available for download — named insurance.aes256 — appears to be encrypted with a 256-digit key. Experts said last week it was virtually unbreakable.The U.S. Department of Defense says it is aware of the WikiLeaks insurance file, but has been unable to establish its contents. It has been available for download since July.Assange has warned he can divulge the classified documents in the insurance file and similar backups if he is detained or the WikiLeaks website is permanently removed from the internet. He has suggested the contents are unredacted, posing a possible security risk for coalition partners around the world.Assange warned: “We have over a long period of time distributed encrypted backups of material we have yet to release. All we have to do is release the password to that material, and it is instantly available.”Some of the contingency plans were revealed when the site re-emerged on Friday with a Swiss address, WikiLeaks.ch. The new name was provided by the Swiss Pirate party, which champions internet freedom. Assange has also set up contingency servers in Sweden.
Hmmm....Nothing about Barry's birth certificate?Read the full story here.
- Hamas Prime Minister Haniyeh: Allah is scourging the Israelis with fire.The fires ravaging northern Israel are God's expression of anger towards Israelis, Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh told Reuters on Sunday. "These are plagues from God," said Haniyeh in a recorded Reuters video interview during Sunday prayers in Gaza. "Allah is punishing them [the Israelis] from a place they did not expect it."Source.
- Please Turkey, put your foot down.First let me apologize for the behavior of my fellow countrymen and women. I apologize for our accepting your very generous hospitality and then abusing it with our total lack of respect for your moral values. Sadly our own culture has let slide its once high moral standards.I am of course talking about the dress of a large number of our tourists and a fair few of our immigrants. If you haven’t been to Europe then you might think that we walk around the streets half naked, that we do our shopping half naked and we eat at restaurants so. That is not in fact the case; we only do so when on holiday in a “foreign” country where it doesn’t really matter. Your fault? Well, you let us!In our village we have restaurants which range in style and quality from cheap and cheerful to what I suppose ought to be “posh.” Posh all but one thing, they allow half-dressed tourists to sit together with proper people. [I use the word “proper” advisedly.]I talked to the manager of one such restaurant about this and got no sensible explanation as to why they allow beachwear in his restaurant, the best I could glean from his answer was that he couldn’t afford to lose customers. Foolish man I think. I tried to tell him that a conservative sign at the entrance requiring appropriate dress may well deter a few tourists but would quite possibly attract a larger number; the restaurant would in fact be announcing that it is in class a little above the others around.Hmmmmm......I can imagine a Turkey with every one dressed like in Saudi Arabia,but then perhaps the author of this article and the tourists won't be there,a dark veil is indeed coming over Turkey.Read the full story here.
- Tension grows between Calif. Muslims, FBI after informant infiltrates mosque.IRVINE, CALIF. - Before the sun rose, the informant donned a white Islamic robe. A tiny camera was sewn into a button, and a microphone was buried in a device attached to his keys."This is Farouk al-Aziz, code name Oracle," he said into the keys as he sat in his parked car in this quiet community south of Los Angeles. "It's November 13th, 4:30 a.m. And we're hot." The undercover FBI informant - a convicted forger named Craig Monteilh - then drove off for 5 a.m. prayers at the Islamic Center of Irvine, where he says he spied on dozens of worshipers in a quest for potential terrorists.Compounding the damage, Monteilh has gone public, revealing secret FBI methods and charging that his "handlers" trained him to entrap Muslims as he infiltrated their mosques, homes and businesses. He is now suing the FBI.Officials declined to comment on specific details of Monteilh's tale but confirm that he was a paid FBI informant. Court records and interviews corroborate not only that Monteilh worked for the FBI - he says he made $177,000, tax-free, in 15 months - but that he provided vital information on a number of cases. Some Muslims in Southern California and nationally say the cascading revelations have seriously damaged their relationship with the FBI, a partnership that both sides agree is critical to preventing attacks and homegrown terrorism.Citing Monteilh's actions and what they call a pattern of FBI surveillance, many leading national Muslim organizations have virtually suspended contact with the bureau.Officials said they have gone to great lengths to maintain good relationships with Muslims, including meetings hosted by Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. Last week, FBI officials met to discuss law enforcement and other issues with predominantly Muslim Somali community members in San Diego and Minneapolis. "If an FBI agent comes in and says, 'You're under arrest,'â??" he told the crowd, they should pray to Allah - and then call a lawyer. As worshipers milled around outside, they said they support the FBI's role in fighting terrorism but feel betrayed by the infiltration of their sacred place. "The FBI wants to treat the Muslim community as a partner while investigating us behind our backs,'' said Kurdi, the Loyola student. "They can't have it both ways".Hmmm....perhaps the FBI has heard of Al-taqiyya?Read the full story here.
- Fire victim buried in non-Jewish plot.Despite circumstances of death, Rabbinate refuses to bury Prison Service cadet Tania Lansky in main plot, as her mother is not Jewish."From the very beginning, it was clear you had the determination and character of a commander," said Nafha Prison Commander Hezi Markovich. He added that Tania and her boyfriend Roman were planning to get married after she finished the cadets course.Sergeant Gal and Sergeant Nofar, who served with Tania, eulogized their friend and spoke of her work ethics, noting she was a source of inspiration. "You enjoyed life, you always encouraged and supported us; showed us the light at the end of the tunnel," they said.Tania was raised in Ashdod and moved to Ashkelon with her family two years ago. Ashkelon Mayor Benny Vaknin said the municipality "will embrace and help the family as mush as possible."According to Vaknin, Tania was an outstanding student both in high school and at the Prison Service. "You did not ask any questions when you were asked to board that bus – you were one of the first people on it."Hmmm.....This does not seem right.Read the full story here.
- HT:AhmadiyyaTimes.Islam in Pakistan: ‘Disabled people not allowed to pray in congregation’.KARACHI: There is a ban on wheelchairs inside mosques and disabled people are not allowed to pray in congregation, pointed out the Association of Physically Handicapped Adults (APHA) on World Disability Day.“The mullahs, who shut their mosques to us, have no idea about religion,” said the association’s SM Nishat at a news conference on Friday.According to APHA statistics, 10 per cent of the people in Pakistan are disabled in one way or the other. Out of these, 40 per cent of people are physically challenged and can barely live on the benefits offered by the state.“We do not want pity or sympathetic looks from people. We are talented educated professionals,” said Dr Maimoona Bari, who runs her own clinic in North Nazimabad and is a member of the association’s executive committee. “We just want to be awarded our rights.”“The two-per cent employment quota for the disabled is being given to [non-disabled] individuals and that is unfair,” complained APHA president Shariful Muzaffer. “Before they used to tell us that we aren’t educated enough but now when we prove our qualifications, they still offer the jobs to others.”“We need ramps for easy access into buildings, railings for support to climb stairs, lower footpaths to climb onto without help and buses friendly for handicapped people. This is not charity we are asking for, this is our right.”Hmmmm.....No Need for the Disabled. The Nazis decided that it was a waste of time and money to support the handicapped.Read the full story here.
- Upcoming Park 51 Lecture Series – What Don’t They Want The General Public To Hear?(Park 51.org) — In the spirit of intrafaith peace and understanding, Park51 is honored to host a series of majalis (lectures) during the first ten days of the Islamic month of Muharram 1432. Muslims of all denominations and the wider community are welcome to learn and share with Shi‘a Muslims in the Shi‘a commemorations of the exemplary life of Imam Hussayn bin Ali, the beloved grandson of the Prophet Muhammad, Peace be Upon Him. These religious lectures will discuss the importance of faith, spirituality, hope, perseverance and social justice.SpeakerSheykh Dr. Syed Masoom Abidi.Dr. Syed Masoom Abidi is a well known Islamic author and orator on Islamic unity. He holds a PhD degree in Political Science and Comparative Religion from the University of Hawaii. He has taught at several universities around the world and delivered countless religious lectures in KSA, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, India, England and North America. He is a prolific interpreter of Quran and Hadith who uses his scholarship and religious activities to advocate for interfaith harmony and global peace. A believer in intrafaith understanding and cooperation, his khutbas attract Shi‘is, Sunnis as well as those of other faiths. Furthermore, Dr. Syed Masoom Abidi is the founder of AhlulBait Foundation of America and the Institute of Quranic hermeneutics in Lahore, Pakistan.Hmmmmm......"Dr. Syed Masoom Abidi is the founder of AhlulBait Foundation of America"now lets look at this "Interfaith champion's website:ahlul-bayt-foundation .Seems they sure hate Jews and don't like Americans much eighter.Perhaps Iman Rauf can explain his "friends" their views.Oh and here are some pics of these peaceloving people.And by the way their latest tax return ,as a tax exempt nonprofit organisation was filed in 2005 !This event is a closed media event. What occurs and what is said at and during this event by all participants is considered off the record and not for attribution.Hmmmm....now why would this be?Read the full story here.
- HT:KleinVerzet.A welcome development. In the recent past we have reported on the perverse justice that befalls a person defending his home.Bur that has all changed with the coming into being of the new Dutch 'Danish' government. Right from the outset, out new PM, Mark Rutte, promised that persons defending their property from crime will in the future not be arrested and prosecuted for assault or 'grave bodily harm'. And curiously, this has seemed to galvanized the citizenry. All of a sudden we see stories appearing in the MSM of would-be robbers being thwarted by well-applied force.In the last case, the police did detain the owners the of the dealership, since the violence applied was deemed a little too excessive (and from what I've heard there is a little more to this particular story then a mere robbery being thwarted). However, in yet another case, the owner of a tobacco store, who managed to ward of a robbery through a swift karate kick to the head of the robber, was commended by the mayor of his home town, Zaltbommel. The mayor of Zaltbommel even went so far as to recommend this course of action (NL). The mayor recommended 'Beat the crap out of them' and assessed the performance of the tobacconist with the words: 'It's magnificent that people do this'.This is a sea change in Dutch society of the last 30-40 years. Whereas left-oriented governments unfailingly punished violence applied in the defence against crime, this new, right-wing cabinet seems to recognize that the ultimate defense am individual has is himself and the courage and force he can muster.Although one could, in a sour mood, conclude that the authorities are tacitly admitting that our police are not up to the job, it is refreshing to see our authorities finally abandoning the injustice of prosecuting victims of crime for defending themselves and their property. This is a development that is as welcom as it is unexpected. There may be hope for us yet.Hmmmmm.....lets hope it's not too contagious?Read the full story here.
- HT:BigGoverment.A Death By A Thousand Cuts: Obama Administration’s Strategy for American Business.We have written on numerous occasions that the Obama Administration is controlled by union bosses. Throughout the administration, union bosses have planted their people in order to do their bidding to help unionize America.After you read this post, it will be hard for you to disagree with the following statement:The Obama Administration is the most anti-business administration in the last 70 years—if not ever—in the United States of America.It is also important to know just “who” the U.S. Solicitor of Labor is. Patricia Smith is the former Commissioner of the New York State Department of Labor.During Ms. Smith’s tenure as the NYS Labor Commissioner, Ms. Smith introduced a program called New York Wage Watch As Ms. Smith took her state experience to the federal level—by following Barack Obama’s pledge to the AFL-CIO to do the union bosses’ bidding—it now appears that Smith will be doing what she did to New York businesses to the rest of America.No wonder businesses don’t want to hire in the United States. With as anti-business as the Obama Administration is, what sane business leader is going to invest in jobs so they can be targeted and shamed by its own government?Hmmmmm...sounds more like some form of Jihad waged against the American business.Read the full story here.
- HT:JihadWatch.Geert Wilders in Tel Aviv: "Israel is an immense source of inspiration for me".Here is the text of the speech Geert Wilders gave in Tel Aviv today:Shalom chaveriem, Let me start by saying that it is with great sadness that I share your grief over the deaths of more than 40 brave Israelis who lost their lives - many while trying to save others in the great fire near Haifa. My country, the Netherlands, is amongst other countries helping to put down this fire, which is threatening the lives and property of thousands of your compatriots. I offer my heartfelt condolences to the families of those who perished. My thoughts are with them.Israel is an immense source of inspiration for me. When I came to your country for the first time as a teenager, I lived here for a year.I am not ashamed to stand with Israel, but proud. I am grateful to Israel. I will always defend Israel. Your country is the cradle of Western civilization. We call it the Judeo-Christian civilization with good reason.Israel is often being treated unfairly. The world looks at the plight of the Palestinians in refugee camps in Lebanon, Gaza, and other places, and many blame Israel. The UN claims that there are over 4.7 million Palestinian refugees, and many blame Israel. These voices say the Palestinians should be allowed to return to "Palestine." But where is Palestine? Many say Israel must solve the problems of Palestine. But is Israel guilty of the plight of the Palestinian refugees?My answer is "No." The Arab leaders are to be blamed - and Islam is to be blamed. Let me first tell you why, and then I will tell you where Palestine can be found.Hmmm....why does he always remind me of the "Geuzen" The Dutch Noblemen who stood up against the Spanish king?Read the full story here.
- HT:Memri.Egyptian Cleric Yousuf Al-Badri: There Is No Such Thing As Marital Rape.Read and see the full story here.
- HT:YidWithLid.Video of Helen Thomas Anti-Semitic Speech Delivered 12-2 in Dearborn, MI Most Americans were horrified by Helen Thomas' latest round of anti-Semitic hatred, which ironically were made at an Islamic anti-bias forum. For example, Thomas' alma mater, gave out a Wayne State University Helen Thomas Spirit of Diversity in the Media, well until she made the comment."We are owned by propagandists against the Arabs. There's no question about that. Congress, the White House, and Hollywood, Wall Street, are owned by the Zionists. No question in my opinion. They put their money where there mouth is...Thomas was able to put almost every anti-Semitic stereotype into that one paragraph. Which led Wayne State to realize that maybe Ms. Thomas' hatred of Jews did not make her an appropriate person to name a "Spirit of Diversity in the Media" after, so they announced on Friday that they would no longer be giving out that award.Hmmmm.....Only little Children and elderly people say what they really mean?Read and see the full story here.
- Iran 'produces own raw uranium'.Well they claim so! Iran says it has delivered its first domestically produced raw uranium, or yellowcake, to a plant that can make it ready for enrichment.The statement, from Iran's nuclear chief Ali Akbar Salehi, comes the day before talks between Iran and world powers over its nuclear programme.Enriched uranium can be used for fuel in reactors or made into nuclear bombs.The US and its allies believe Iran may be trying to produce nuclear weapons, a claim denied by Iran.Tehran says its nuclear programme is for peaceful, civilian purposes."The West had counted on the possibility of us being in trouble over raw material but today we had the first batch of yellowcake from Gachin mine sent to Isfahan (conversion) facility," Mr Salehi said on state television.Iran was believed to be running low on its stock of yellowcake, originally imported from South Africa in the 1970s. The claim comes ahead of talks in Geneva on Monday between Iran and the five permanent members of the UN Security Council - the US, Russia, China, France and Britain - and Germany.US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has urged Iran to enter the talks in good faith and with "a much more sober assessment of what isolation means", given successive rounds of UN sanctions.Read the full story here.
- Islamic website tied to MP's stabbing resurfaces under new name. A radical US-based Islamic website shut down last month after allegedly helping to inspire the stabbing of a Labour MP has resurfaced with a new name.Younus Abdullah Muhammad, a founder of both sites, told The Daily Telegraph that IslamPolicy.com was the direct successor to RevolutionMuslim.com which was closed amid the furore over its role in the attack on Stephen Timms, MP for East Ham."IslamPolicy will continue with the work of RevolutionMuslim," Mr Muhammad, a white American convert to Islam, said during an interview in which he called the Sept 11 terror attacks "justified violence". He continued: "If loving Muslims that fight and die to defend themselves from Western imperialism make the UK and US governments associate me or IslamPolicy with terrorists, then I am honoured to be so associated." US counter-terrorism officials say that at least a third of the more than 50 domestic terror suspects arrested in America in the last year had ties to RevolutionMuslim, an English-language site aimed at Muslims in the West. Peter Barron, European communications director for Google, said: "We are looking at the new site and will remove content which breaks our guidelines on hate speech and dangerous or illegal content. What we can't do, and which few people would want a private company to do, is check what people want to post online before they do so." The site's re-emergence as IslamPolicy prompted demands for the new site to be closed by Patrick Mercer, the Conservative MP who was formerly his party's Homeland Security spokesman. "I am horrified to hear that the people behind the RevolutionMuslim site have started up again," he said. "I am equally surprised that the American authorities have allowed these highly suspicious individuals to operate yet again." Hmmm.....just this clue as to why:Obama "Islam is a great religion"?Read the full story here.
- Cry of 'plot' from Turkey's Grey Wolves.The Nationalist Movement Party, or MHP’s, failure to convince typically loyal precincts to vote “no” in the Sept. 12 referendum sparked questions about the party’s future, and allegations from its leader of a political plot.Dogged by criticisms that he was moving the MHP away from its traditional grassroots, party chief Devlet Bahçeli accused religious leaders and figures within the Justice and Development Party, or AKP, government of plotting to destroy the nationalist party.“A smear campaign against the MHP has been launched by the AKP for a certain reason and is being orchestrated by a center across the Atlantic,” Bahçeli wrote in a Sept. 18 statement to the party organization. The veiled reference was to Fethullah Gülen, the U.S.-based leader of the religious Gülen community, said to have ties to the AKP.According to Osman Kara, former leader of the Ülkü Ocakları in Samsun, there has been a shift in the country “toward religious communities, the people in power and prosperity. Religious communities ... both provide prosperity and present an ideal for the future. Right or wrong, someone is benefiting. We have to resolve this.”Comments made openly and off the record, as well as observations from around the country, indicate that power is changing hands in the perceived conflict between the Gülen community and the prominent members of the MHP. With the Ülkü Ocakları no longer attractive with the youth and efforts to involve women having stalled, the influence of religious communities on Turkey’s nationalists seems to be expanding.Hmmm......"religious communities"somehow doesn't sound good combined with NATO.Read the full story here.
- HT:MoonBattery.Fox Guest Threatened for Opposing Dream Act Amnesty.With uncounted millions pouring over the willfully undefended southern border, it's inevitable that America will become more like blood-drenched Mexico, where physical intimidation rules. We can see it happening already:Dream Act Amnesty supporters, including the President of Immigration Clearinghouse, have issued a fatwa calling for the murder of Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's President William Gheen following his appearance on Fox and Friends.Local police and the FBI have been contacted and reports have been filed concerning these threats and civil rights violations that are coming from Dream Act Amnesty supporters. The Dream Act Amnesty would give legal status, college access, and voting rights to over 2 million illegal aliens."I try my best in the national media to represent the 59% of Americans found in certified polls who oppose the Dream Act Amnesty," said William Gheen President of ALIPAC. "Now I am receiving death threats from Dream Act leaders who are also posting my home address, while encouraging grenade attacks on me because I oppose Amnesty."William Gheen appeared on Fox News at 6:15am EST on Tuesday, November 30, 2010. In the interview, Gheen said that the Dream Act Amnesty was a "Political Teddy Bear with a hand grenade in it," and that passage of the Dream Act Amnesty could eventually lead to "millions of innocent American students, workers, and voters being displaced and replaced by illegal aliens."In response, reconquistadors have been circulating Gheen's home address and calling for him to be killed with a grenade. If he ends up dead, don't expect Eric Holder's Injustice Department to show much interest.Hmmmmm....anyone still doubting who's the ennemy Obama talked about?Read the full story here.
- HT:GatewayPundit.Governor-Elect Nikki Haley To Obama: “The People of South Carolina Want Their Money Back”.South Carolina Governor-elect Nikki Haley confronted President Obama this week during his meeting with the nation’s governors.Haley told the president that if his administration does not honor the federal government’s nuclear energy commitments then,“The people of South Carolina want their money back.”Hmmmm...finally some common sense.Read the full story here.
- Mosque arson arrest teenagers bailed.Three teenagers arrested following an arson attempt in which a gas pipe was fed through a mosque window have been released on bail.The incident in Stoke-on-Trent is being treated by police as a deliberate racist attack.Officers were called to Regent Road at 0630 GMT on Friday after CCTV footage showed smoke emerging from inside the building.A fourth teenager who was arrested faces no further action.Police said inquiries were continuing although a forensic investigation had now ended."A number of items have been secured by police scenes of crimes officers which will now undergo a series of forensic tests to recover any further evidence which could help identify the persons responsible," a spokesman said.Source.
- Carmel wildfire contained after 77 hours.More than three days after initial blaze began near Druze village of Usfiya, firefighting authorities declare they have managed to gain control of biggest fire in Israel's history. Extinguishing operations to continue in coming days in bid to prevent fire from re-erupting. The fire has destroyed more than 50,000 dunam (12,300 acres) of land and damaged three communities. More than 5 million trees have been burned, 74 buildings burned down ion Kibbutz Beit Oren, Ein Hod, and the Yamon-Ord boarding school, and 173 building were partially burned. Close to 17,000 people were evacuated from their homes, from Israel Prison Service facilities, from hospitals and military jails in the past three days due to the fire.Netanyahu, who met with senior Druze officials in Usfiya, preferred to look on the bright side. "In other countries, big fires took longer. We have been asked, 'How can you put out a big fire in less than three days, while it takes other countries three weeks?' My response was, 'We have no other country, and it's a very small country.' As fires swept through the hills around the northern city of Haifa for a fourth day, hopes were high that the arrival in Israel in the early hours of a rented Boeing Supertanker, the largest aerial firefighting plane in the world, would finally tip the balance in the struggle to put out the flames.Read the full story here.
- Three Russian satellites fall into Pacific Ocean.They were launched by a rocket from Baikonur.Russia failed Sunday to send three Glonass navigation satellites into orbit after they were launched by a rocket from Baikonur cosmodrome, space industry sources told Russian news agencies."The ballistics experts have checked everything: the upper-stage rocket with the satellites is not on the main, intermediate nor emergency orbit," a source told the RIA Novosti news agency."Our calculations show that the upper-stage rocket with the satellites probably fell into the Pacific Ocean near Hawaii," the source said.Hmmmm...a pitty the President wasn't yet in Hawai,he might have seen it from his holiday mansion?Read the full story here.More here.
- HT:GatewayPundit.Must See video!… Christmas Food Court Flash Mob, “Hallelujah Chorus”.Phenomenal!Chorus Niagara Flash Mob at the Welland Seaway Mall.Enjoy.On November 13, 2010 unsuspecting shoppers got a big surprise while enjoying their lunch. Over 100 participants in this awesome Christmas Flash Mob.This is a must see!This flash mob was organized by Alphabet Photography to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!Special thanks to Robert Cooper and Chorus Niagara, The Welland Seaway Mall, and Fagan Media Group.Read and see the full story here.