HT:OpinionMaker.White House: Obama Conducting Reign of Terror.President Obama was urged by the few White House insiders from whom he still takes advice to leave the country on his ten-day Asian trip, his longest trip abroad since becoming president, in order to not inflict any more damage to the Democratic Party in the wake of one of the worst electoral defeats for the party of an incumbent president in recent history.
According to sources close to the White House, who put themselves in great danger by even talking to members of the media, the plans to have Obama leave for a visit to India, Pakistan, Indonesia, South Korea, and Japan are an attempt to get Obama out of the country while top Democrats can sort through the political disaster created for the party by Obama's increasingly detached-from-reality presidency.Virtual political guerrilla warfare has broken out between Obama's inner circle on one hand and senior Democratic officials, including outgoing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Democratic Party strategist James Carville, former Demcratic National Committee chairman Howard Dean, and, behind-the-scenes, Vice President Joe Biden and former President Bill Clinton, on the other.
Vice President Biden, under intense pressure from some Democratic Party officials and Cabinet members to invoke Article 25, Section 4 of the Constitution and have Obama temporarily or permanently removed as president because of his mental incapacity to fulfill his constitutional oath as president is reluctant to take such drastic action.
Such a public display by Obama that could trigger succession action might involve a public outburst, including the use of foul language or a statement that Obama believes there is a conspiracy against him.
On October 5, Obama was addressing Fortune magazine’s “Most Powerful Women” summit in Washington, DC. During the middle of Obama's speech, the presidential seal fell off the podium. Publicly, Obama took the incident as a joke, but WMR has learned from White House insiders that Obama went on a tirade after the incident, accusing White House staffers of purposely not anchoring the seal to the podium. The White House supplies all the podiums and seals at all presidential addresses and the seal is usually well-anchored with four screws affixed to the podium. Obama reportedly "freaked out" and accused White House staffers of engaging in a conspiracy against him. The presidential tirade over such a trivial matter was not lost on senior administration officials who have witnessed Obama's lackadaisical behavior during the consideration of much weightier issues, for example, the war in Afghanistan.
Meanwhile, a team of ex-CIA officers are traveling the globe assembling a dossier of documents on Obama's past, including his education, passport, travel, and residency records. The team has scoured Kenya, Indonesia, Pakistan, and other countries collecting documents that are not already mantained in the CIA's own files on Obama's past. There is a possibility, according to WMR's sources, that any "smoking gun" documents may be released while Obama is in Asia in order to elicit a public and, perhaps, irrational enough response from the president to prompt the public to begin raising questions about Obama's suitability for office.
Such an incident would make it easier for Biden to begin the succession process that was previously considered when President Richard Nixon was drinking heavily and taking prescription medication during the final days of his administration, twice during the Ronald Reagan administration — after the attempted assassination and in 1987 when he demonstrated early stages of Alzheimer's Disease, and during the Bill Clinton administration, when Clinton's self-destructive sexual antics had Vice President Al Gore considering taking similar steps.Hmmm.....Presidents come and go...but America the land of the free must remain intact!Read the full story here.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
- Petition - UNESCO: PROTECT, NOT DENY, JEWISH HERITAGE.We demand that there be no exception to UNESCO’s mission when it comes to Jewish heritage. Israel’s Jewish legacy must be recognized and preserved and not swept away to conform with the pro-Palestinian narrative. In attempting to sever the Jewish cultural, religious and natural heritage bond with the Tomb of the Patriarchs and Rachel’s Tomb, UNESCO denies the history it is mandated to preserve, engages in a political maneuver designed to weaken a member UN nation, and undermines its own principles. It aims to rob the Jewish people not only of two sacred sites, which are irreplaceable sources of life and inspiration, but also of their past and a legacy to pass on to future generations. We demand that UNESCO, whose purpose it is to protect heritage, also protect Jewish heritage, rather than deny it.Sign the petition here.
- Baghdad three Christians killed and 26 wounded.Three dead and 26 injuries is the provisional death toll from a series of attacks against Christian homes this morning in different districts of Baghdad. Between 6 and 8 this morning, two mortar shells and dozens of homemade bombs exploded in front of the homes of the faithful.Last night in the capital three other Christian houses were hit by bombs, without causing any victims. Despite this, the Prime Minister al Maliki is urging Christians not to abandon the country.The latest attacks come only 10 days after the October 31 attack on the Syrian Catholic Church of Our Lady of Salvation, and after threats from Al Qaeda to eliminate Christians from the Middle East. The attack on the parish killed 44 faithful, two priests and seven security guards. About 90 people were injured. Of these, the first group (37, to be followed by those remaining) arrived in France on Nov. 8 to receive treatment offered by the European nation, the only one to propose such support.Obama : "Islam is a great religion"somehow i think the Christians in Iraq won't agree on this one Mr president.Read the full story here.
- HT:Glenn Beck.Soros Exposed: Research on the Progressive Puppet Master.For months, Glenn has been pulling back the structure progressives have worked decades to put in place. Beneath every layer lies one common thread: George Soros. Tonight on TV, Glenn presents an in-depth look at the Puppet Master, billionaire financier George Soros, one of the most powerful forces in the Progressive Movement. But don’t just take Glenn’s word for it. Read. Analyze. Do your own homework and come to your own conclusions - read below to fact check all the sources used on tonight's show.Source.
- 'Ottawa Protocol' declaration to fight anti-Semitism. Canadian declaration also sets out to distinguish between valid criticism of Israel and what it terms "the most enduring of all hatreds." An international declaration called the Ottawa Protocol was released earlier this week in Canada, designed to fight anti-Semitism."We are alarmed by the explosion of anti-Semitism and hate on the Internet, a medium crucial for the promotion and protection of freedom of expression, freedom of information and the participation of a civil society," says the declaration.The declaration looks at the definition of anti-Semitism and highlights the importance of a distinction between legitimate criticism of Israel and what it calls the "most enduring of all hatreds." It lists several commitments, such as working with universities to promote the fight against anti-Semitism, and working with police in making sure there is a system set up to record incidents of anti-Semitism.Read the full story here.
- Russia will work on the withdrawal of NATO troops from Afghanistan.NATO and Russia will conclude an agreement on transit of military cargo alliance out of Afghanistan.Such an agreement, according to Kommersant , can be issued on Russia-NATO summit in Lisbon on November 20. As a senior source told the Russian Foreign Ministry, the agreement has been reached can be considered. That the negotiations on the transit of military cargo from Afghanistan through the territory of the Russian Federation are ongoing, confirmed Russia's permanent representative to NATO, Dmitry Rogozin . Read the full story here.
- Partial Pledge Has Some Seeing Stars at New York School.A controversy over the Pledge of Allegiance at an elementary school has divided a small New York town and resulted in the resignation of a school board member.Rosemarie Troidl told Fox News Radio she resigned as a member of the North Collins School Board after her fellow board members refused to order students to recite the entire Pledge of Allegiance together -- not just the opening line.“We were raised to respect the flag,” Troidl said, suggesting it was an issue of patriotism. “There's no excuse for the board to have allowed this.”We have Flag Day ceremonies, we recognize our veterans, we do teach patriotism,” he said. “We do teach respect for the flag and our classrooms are saying it (the Pledge). It’s just not being led, if you will, the way they feel it should be.”However, he said students are given the opportunity to opt out of saying the Pledge.“If the children can recite the character pledge in unison, they can recite the Pledge of Allegiance,” she said. “It’s a 68-word character pledge. The Pledge of Allegiance has 31 words.”She plans on presenting her petition to the school board tonight.Hmmm....to whom does the superintendent of schools pledge loyalty?Read the full story here.
- HT:SultanKnish.A Smiling Obama Returns to Bloody Jakarta.The media narrative is that Barack Hussein Obama is returning to the place where he grew up as part of a diplomatic tour. The truth is that Obama is visiting a genocidal country and paying homage to its regime, even while many of the atrocities continue.While Obama found time to blast Israel for building housing in Jerusalem, he made no mention of the Indonesian genocide in East Timor. No word about the Indonesian mass murder of between 100,000 to 200,000 people in a country whose population totaled little more than half a million. Shortly after Obama left Jakarta, the Indonesian regime began an occupation that lasted until 1999. An occupation armed and aided by successive US administrations.But there is a reason you won't hear about the meat hooks where Indonesian backed militias hung their victims, before mutilating and killing them. You won't hear about the fields of the dead where the corpses of men, women and children were piled into mass graves. You won't hear of the machete squads who hacked people to death in full public view and on video. You certainly won't hear about the ethnic cleansing, the mass deportations, the gang rapes or even the murder of Western reporters. And there's a simple reason for all that.Indonesia is a Muslim country. Their victims in East Timor were Christians.Read the full story here and share it with others,genocides should NEVER be covered up!
- Video : Mystery missile launch off California coast: Comes from submarine?
- HT:Wireupdate.Soros funded “Media Matters for America” falsely accuses Glenn Beck of being anti-Semitic.Media Matters for America published an article on Tuesday evening claiming that the Fox News television host Glenn Beck was an anti-Semitic. The article ironically coincided with a special Beck was airing about one of Media Matter’s major funders — George Soros. Media Matters used several anti-Semitic ideas and tried to loosely attribute them to Beck.Read the full story here.
- Second Jaffa imam arrested on terror claims.As second imam arrested this week, councilman wonders whether police are targeting Muslim clerics.Police have arrested an additional imam for terror-related offenses, after Nazareth cleric was arrested this week on charges for inciting to terrorism.Jaffa's Muhammad Ayash, of the al-Bahr mosque, was arrested on suspicion of involvement in security offences.A member of the Islamic Movement agreed that the arrest should have been carried out in a more agreeable fashion. "When you do these things to scare people it’s ugly," the man, asking to remain anonymous, said."This will not deter us and we will continue on our path within the restrictions of the law. This country, with this government, must be taking our sector as an obstacle to defeat, but eventually it will blow up in their faces."Hmmmm.....why can't they never make a statement without threats?Read the full story here.
- HT:Cnet. Google gives employees 10 percent raise, cash.In an apparent move to stave off defections to competitors, Google announced it is giving all its employees a $1,000 cash bonus and a raise of 10 percent, according to a source familiar with the matter. The raises, which take affect January 1, 2011, apply to all 25,000 employees at the Internet giant, according to an e-mail to employees penned by Google CEO Eric Schmidt and first revealed by Business Insider. "We want to make sure that you feel rewarded for your hard work," Schmidt wrote. "We want to continue to attract the best people to Google." Read the full story here.
- Gates: U.S. troops could stay longer in Iraq. Defense secretary is 'ready to have that discussion' — if Baghdad asks.Gates said he has not spoken directly to any of the political leaders, but other U.S. officials, including Vice President Joe Biden, have been heavily engaged.Gates predicted that a new government would need some time before asking the U.S. to extend the troop plan.Although the 2011 deadline was a point of pride for Iraq after years of U.S. military occupation, it does not leave much time for the U.S. to train Iraq's fledgling air force. Iraq also wants more U.S. help to protect its borders.Hmmmm....."A New Dawn" indeed?Read the ful story here.
- Report: White House edited to favor drilling ban.The White House rewrote crucial sections of an Interior Department report to suggest an independent group of scientists and engineers supported a six-month ban on offshore oil drilling, the Interior inspector general says in a new report. In the wee hours of the morning of May 27, a staff member to White House energy adviser Carol Browner sent two edited versions of the department report’s executive summary back to Interior. The language had been changed to insinuate the seven-member panel of outside experts – who reviewed a draft of various safety recommendations – endorsed the moratorium."The inspector general's finding that the blanket-drilling moratorium was driven by a politics and not by science is bitter news for families who, because of it, lost their jobs, savings, and way of life,” Cassidy said Tuesday. “Candidate Obama promised that he would guided by science, not ideology. If that were true, at least 12,000 jobs and 1.8 billion dollars of economic activity would have been saved on the Gulf Coast.”Hmmm...."I will not rest"....Mr president? Read the full story here.
- Watchdog wants probe of Google's 'unusually close' ties to Obama.As House Republicans plan an ambitious oversight agenda for the next session of Congress, a watchdog group is calling for a probe into a company that it says is far too cozy with the Obama administration: Google."There is another deeply disturbing aspect to the FTC’s decision," Kenneth Boehm, the NLPC chairman, writes in the letter to Capitol Hill. "Less than a week before Google’s announcement, President Obama went to the home of Google executive Marissa Mayer for a $30,000-per-person Democratic Party fundraiser." Google has apologized for the privacy breach, saying it collected the private data by accident. That claim has prompted skepticism from privacy advocates and at least one lawmaker. Rep. Joe Barton (R-Texas), ranking member of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, said last week that he thought Google's actions were intentional. He said he would likely investigate Google's Wi-Fi breach if he were to become chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, a position he is campaigning for.Read the full story here.
- HT:DanielGreenfield.Ten Commandments for the Next Two Years.With the 2010 election, the game has changed. Republicans in congress are no longer powerless to do anything, but cast mostly symbolic votes against another piece of the radical Obama agenda. There will be pressure on the Republican congress to engage in bipartisan compromises and blame for inaction if they don’t. The grass roots needs to keep the pressure on Republicans, while maintaining their opposition to the Obama agenda, and preparing for 2012. With that in mind, here are ten commandments to keep in mind for the next two years.Read the full story here.
- Moscow queries U.S. on visa denial to two renowned Russians.Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Tuesday he has asked the United States to explain why it has been denying visas to two prominent Russian nationals.The two Russians in question are metals tycoon Oleg Deripaska and crooner-cum-lawmaker Joseph Kobzon."The U.S. side has yet to make it clear to us why he [Deripaska] and Kobzon have been denied a visa," Lavrov said, adding that his open letter was posted on the Internet.He did not say when he sent it or when U.S. authorities denied them a visa the last time.The issue has been repeatedly raised by Russia's top leadership, he said.Hmmm....illegals are welcome....Russia's businessmen not...let me guess they are not Muslims?Read the full story here.
- HT:AmericanThinker.Yes We Can Repeal.Last week, the MSM Tingle Brigade all of a sudden discovered, in President Obama's post-election news conference, that Obama just didn't get it, didn't understand the message from the voters. "That Tin Ear," wrote the London Economist.What did the brainiacs expect? President Obama is not going to tell the world that yes, he's sorry that he and Nancy Pelosi sacrificed a whole generation of Democratic moderates on the altar of universal health care. He's not sorry at all. It was all worth it because he and she got ObamaCare passed.Right now, nobody is much interested in the liberal narrative or the needs of elected politicians. That's because it's pretty obvious to ordinary Americans that ObamaCare isn't good for jobs, jobs, jobs. It's pretty obvious to Republicans that ObamaCare isn't good for My Taxes. And there's a chance that the odd Democrat may soon tumble to the notion that another big entitlement might be a threat to My Benefits.If we can repeal ObamaCare, it changes welfare-state politics forever.Read the full story here.
- Turkey weary of wait at Europe's gates.Prime Minister Tayyip Erdoğan accused the EU on Tuesday of stalling Muslim Turkey's membership bid by changing accession rules and said Turks were weary of "waiting at the gates" of Europe."We are still waiting and waiting and still in the negotiating process," adding Turkey's public opinion was becoming "offended with the situation".Turkey, which straddles Asia and Europe, entered formal membership talks with the EU in 2005 but a row with Cyprus as well as reluctance among some EU governments to admit the large, relatively poor country has slowed progress to near standstill. Out of 35 "chapters" -- or subject areas for negotiation on EU entry -- Turkey has completed only one and opened 13 others, leaving 21 to go. With 18 chapters blocked, Turkey has only three remaining to open this year before it runs out of chapters to negotiate.But EU heavyweights France and Germany say Turkey, which has a population of 75 million people and borders Syria, Iran and Iraq, is too culturally different and poor to fit in the bloc.It seems to me Turkey has only itself to blame for not being allowed in the European Union,can't blame France and Germany who do the right thing!Read the full story here.
- HT:AmericanThinker.De Facto Shariah Law in America.Is the United States today a de facto shariah state? A close look at recent events points to some alarming conclusions about the tenets of shariah law taking hold in our once-proud constitutional republic and the unwitting, unequal application of existing U.S. laws. The result is that when it comes to religious expression, Muslims now enjoy more freedom of religion and speech under our Bill of Rights than non-Muslims. Equal protection under the laws of our country holds for Muslims far better than for non-Muslims. Several recent examples illustrate this point.It is not irrational and biased to fear practitioners of a religion who are trying to kill non-Muslims based on teachings from their religion's doctrine. Apologists for Islam whitewash these events, but Islamic teachings (Reliance of the Traveller, o4.9, p. 590) specifically state that a Muslim's life is worth three times that of a Christian or Jew and fifteen times more than that of a Zoroastrian. (The Consulate General of India, Jeddah lists indemnities for Hindus and Buddhists at 1/15 that of Muslims). When non-Muslims so much as express any discomfort with Muslims and Islamic ideology, they risk public censure, financial ruin, loss of livelihood, and even death. The United States is truly under shariah law when it is forbidden and a punishable offense to call out Islamic doctrine for what it is. Read the full story here.
- HT:JudicialWatch.Explosive Justice Department Emails Offer New Evidence Political Appointees at DOJ Ended Case against New Black Panther Party.New Documents Also Suggest Top Obama Political Appointees Orchestrated Decision to Abandon Case against New Black Panther Party.In fact, political appointee Sam Hirsch sent an April 30, 2009, email to Steven Rosenbaum (then-Acting Assistant Deputy Attorney General in the Civil Rights) thanking Rosenbaum for “doing everything you’re doing to make sure that this case is properly resolved.” The next day, the DOJ began to reverse course on its NBPP voter intimidation lawsuit.“It is now obvious to me why the Obama administration continues to be so secretive regarding the Justice Department’s decision to abandon its lawsuit against the New Black Panther Party. These documents show that not only was the Black Panther decision shamelessly politicized by the Obama administration but also that Obama officials lied to cover up the scandal. And these documents raise more questions about Attorney General Holder’s involvement. The American people need to know if racism and political favoritism are corrupting the nation’s highest law enforcement agency,” stated Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.Read the full story here.
- Iran says ready to test domestic air defense system similar to S-300."[Missile defense] systems similar to S-300 will soon undergo test firing and field modification while other long-range systems are also being designed and developed," Mansourian said.The general also said Iran's air defenses would soon be strengthened with a new generation of Mersad and Shahin missiles.Read the full story here.
- The Wrong Way to Combat 'Islamophobia'.This week, member states of the United Nations will vote on what has become an annual resolution, “On Combating Defamation of Religions,” put forward by the Organization of the Islamic Conference, a group of 57 states with large Islamic populations. The resolution condemns what it calls “defamation of religions” — a vague notion that can perhaps best be described as a form of expression that offends another’s religious sensibilities — and urges countries to enact laws that prohibit such forms of expression. The resolutions are part of a larger and dangerous campaign to create a global blasphemy law to combat what Muslim leaders refer to as “Islamophobia.”Such a campaign is deeply flawed from a human rights perspective, both in its equation of religious discrimination (a legitimate human rights violation) with the vague concept of defamation, as well as in the proposed remedy of imposing legal limits on freedom of expression. A recent Freedom House report looking at blasphemy laws in seven countries documents the negative impact of such laws on a range of fundamental human rights, while noting how such laws actually contribute to greater interfaith strife and conflict.In Pakistan, for example, Christians and Ahmadiyya (Muslims who do not believe Muhammad was the final prophet) make up only 2 percent of the population, but have been the target of nearly half of the more than 900 prosecutions for blasphemy in the past two decades.The tools of defeating intolerance, including religious intolerance, start with a legislative environment that protects people’s fundamental political rights and civil liberties, including freedom of expression. Blasphemy laws don’t work in any context and U.N. member states should reject them unconditionally.Read the full story here.
- HT:BacktoBasics.ONLY the US Supreme Court has Constitutional Authority to Conduct the State of Arizona Trial.Does anyone read the U.S. Constitution these days? American lawyers don’t read it. Federal Judge Susan R. Bolton apparently has never read it. Same goes for our illustrious Attorney General Eric Holder. But this lawyer has read it and she is going to show you something in Our Constitution which is as plain as the nose on your face.Article III, Sec. 2, clause 2 says:“In all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, and those in which a State shall be Party, the supreme Court shall have original Jurisdiction. In all the other Cases before mentioned, the supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction…"“Original” jurisdiction means the power to conduct the “trial” of the case (as opposed to hearing an appeal from the judgment of a lower court).Judge Susan R. Bolton has no more authority to preside over this case than do you.Read the full
mockery of justicestory here.
- HT:WeaselZippers.Soros Group Says Progressives Won Midterms, Wants Obama to Rule by Executive Order.It was progressives who won the mid-term elections, particularly incumbents in a socialist-founded congressional caucus that emerged from last week’s ballots virtually unscathed, boasted an article published by the George Soros-funded Institute for Policy Studies, a Marxist-oriented think-tank in Washington, D.C.The article recommends that President Obama govern from executive order to push through a progressive agenda.Dolan declared that “our work is now finally beginning.”“The veil of a happy Democratic governing majority is finally lifted. We didn’t have it then; We don’t have it now. But what we do have now is a more solidly progressive bunch of Dems in Congress and a president presumably less encumbered by the false illusion that playing nice will get him a date with the other team.”She went on to recommend that progressives “throw our support unabashedly behind the Congressional Progressive Caucus, and let’s push Obama to finally do the right thing through as many Executive Orders as we can present to him.”Hmmmm....the end of democracy is near?Read the full story here.
- US first lady Michelle Obama donned a headscarf on a visit to an mosque in Indonesia on Wednesday.Not a requirement for a non-Muslim but a sign of the Obamas' efforts to show respect for the Islamic world.US President Barack Obama had been expected to visit another major religious site during his Asian tour, the Sikh Golden Temple in India, but media reports said the visit was canceled after aides balked at the idea of the president wearing a scarf or skullcap required at the site.Indonesia is officially secular, though nearly 90 percent of the population is Muslim and all citizens need to be registered as believers as one of six permitted religions, including Hinduism, Buddhism and Confucianism. Atheism is not allowed.While sporadic violence between Muslim and Christian communities seen last decade has faded, Christians face hurdles to win approval for new churches.That's "an other example of the kind of cooperation" between religions in Indonesia.Hmm...freedom of religion?Read the full story here.
- PM responds to Obama: Jerusalem not a settlement.Hours after US president says construction in east Jerusalem 'never helpful,' Netanyahu says 'all Israeli governments have built in all parts of capital for 40 years, and we still signed peace deals with Egypt, Jordan.' State Department: Peace process, settlements linked. "Jerusalem is not a settlement – Jerusalem is the capital of the State of Israel. Israel has never restricted itself regarding any kind of building in the city, which is home to some 800,000 people – including during the 10-month construction moratorium in the West Bank," the PM said Tuesday. Read the full story here.
- Top charities give £200,000 to group which supported al-Qaeda cleric.The radical cleric accused of inspiring the cargo bomb plot has been backed by a prominent British campaign group which has financial support from leading charities.Cageprisoners, a self-styled human rights organisation, has a long association with Anwar al-Awlaki, who was last week accused of being one of the figures behind the terrorist plot to blow up cargo planes which saw a powerful device defused at East Midlands Airport. The Islamic preacher, based in Yemen, was invited to address two Cageprisoners' fundraising dinners via video link, one last year and one in 2008. The group has now told its backers that it no longer supports the cleric and that it "disagreed" with him over "the killing of civilians"."Cageprisoners has now stated that it is not supportive of anything al-Awlaki is saying relating to the use of violence.Last week, Mr Begg said: "Our position is that we campaigned for him when he was a detainee and we now campaign against him being targeted for extra judicial killing - assassination - by the Americans. But we are also strongly against his calls for the targeting of civilians." It has also become clear that Awlaki has enjoyed the backing of another prominent British Muslim leader. As recently as last month, Dr Muhammad Abdul Bari, the former head of the Muslim Council of Britain, defended a decision to host Awlaki at the East London Mosque, of which he is chairman, as an act of "fairness and justice."Read the full story here.
- With a simple cross and poppy, Harry honours his fallen friend.Head bowed, a solemn Prince Harry plants a wooden cross and poppy in memory of a friend killed in Afghanistan.Lance Corporal of Horse Jonathan Woodgate died in March when a grenade was thrown over a wall in Sangin on what was due to be the last foot patrol of his tour of duty.The prince was opening the Royal British Legion Wootton Bassett Field of Remembrance, for soldiers who have died in the conflict.The prince, 26, described his colleague, killed at the same age, as a ‘special chap’. The pair got to know each other after training together. Prince William, 28, was also a close friend of Lance Corporal Woodgate after serving in the same D Squadron of the Household Cavalry.The prince’s spokesman said: ‘Prince Harry knew him very well. He was very saddened by his death.’Read the full story here.
- HT:TheAmericanDream.The Death Of The Dollar? 11 Signs That We Could Be On The Verge Of A Global Currency Crisis.Over the past several decades, the U.S. dollar and other major currencies around the globe have been continually devalued, but they have still remained stable enough for trade to flourish and for the world to enjoy an unprecedented era of prosperity. However, that all may now be changing. Many analysts now fear that the new $600 billion program of quantitative easing by the U.S. Federal Reserve may set off a round of "competitive devaluations" across the globe that could precipitate a global currency crisis. If that happens, it might not just be the death of the dollar that we are talking about. Instead, we could potentially see the death of fiat currencies worldwide in the coming years. Under the current system, nations have a built-in incentive to devalue their national currencies because it gives them a competitive advantage in world trade. In fact, quite a few countries have been doing this for years, but in 2010 currency devaluations have become a "hot button" issue and the extreme actions taken recently by the U.S. Federal Reserve and other global central banks have pushed us to the brink of a global currency war.The following are 11 signs that we could be on the verge of the death of the U.S. dollar and of a global currency crisis....Read the full story here.
- India creating 'anti-Pak' Afghanistan: Musharraf.Pakistan's former leader Pervez Musharraf said on Tuesday that India was trying to create a hostile state in Afghanistan as he hit back at criticism of his country's role in fighting extremists.Musharraf, who is touring the United States as part of a comeback bid, said he has seen photographs of Kabul-based "Pakistan terrorists" -- a likely reference to Baluchistan separatists -- meeting in India with intelligence agents."If I'm allowed to be very, very frank, India's role in Afghanistan is to create an anti-Pakistan Afghanistan," Musharraf, a military ruler who stepped down in 2008, said at the Council on Foreign Relations."This is very clear to me. There are consulates in Kandahar and Jalalabad (which) are actually involved in creating trouble in Pakistan. They have no other role," Musharraf said."Pakistan is trying its best. Why is the responsibility only on Pakistan?" Musharraf said."Why is the responsibility of their coming into Pakistan not the fault of Afghan forces and US forces and coalition forces?""It should be shared at least 50-50 -- we are at fault, you are also at fault," he said.Read the full story here.
- HT:BloggerBase.Barack Hussein Obama's al-Taqiyya. Indian Express carries the story of Obamination at Xavier's College, where a Muslim student asked for his views on jihad."I think all of us recognise that this great religion (Islam) in the hands of a few extremists has been distorted to justify violence towards innocent people that is never justified," Lets break it down point by point. great religion - great •What's great about Islam? It built an empire that stretched from the border of China to the border of France. That is political/imperial greatness, not religious greatness.It is not possible for a sane and sentient person, a lover of life & liberty, apprised of the damnable doctrines & practices of Islam, to tolerate the perpetuation & propagation of a belief in divine mandate to conquer, subjugate, enslave, dispossess and kill everyone who does not immediately submit to Islam. Islam must be confronted and resisted, both ideologically & militarily. President Barack Hussein Obama won't do it. He must be removed from office and replaced by someone who will.Read the full story here.
- Quran reciter - Healer kills ill girl by electric shock.Persuaded parents that he can cure their mentally ill daughter.Saudi police have arrested a Quran reciter who practices medicine by reading Quran verses on patients after killing a mentally ill girl by subjecting her to repeated electric shocks, a local newspaper reported on Tuesday.It was the latest in a series of serious offences by Raqis (Koran reciters) in Saudi Arabia, which said last week it would toughen laws governing such a profession and enhance law enforcement team assigned with monitoring Raqis.Police have repeatedly warned against unlicensed practitioners of Ruqya claiming to treat people. “They would only start meddling with patient’s bodies without a Shariah, legal and health justification,” Habdan said.Last week, Saudi authorities reported the arrest of a Raqi after catching him in an obscene act with a woman at his house.Hmmmm.....welcome to A.D. 630?Read the full story here.
- Officials 'Confident' Missile Shot Off Los Angeles Not From Foreign Military.A video that appears to show a missile launch off the coast of California is so far "unexplained" by anyone in the military, a Pentagon spokesman told reporters Tuesday morning, but officials say it does not consider the event a threat to the homeland. A military official told Fox News that the U.S. military is closer to getting an answer and hopes to have a statement soon.Maybe a test fire of an intercontinental ballistic missile to demonstrate Asia we can do this?So China downgrades the American creditscore and that's the answer????Read the full story here and here.
- HT:BacktoBasics.Soros Bets on U.S. Financial Collapse.Media Matters recently received $1 million from Soros so that it could try to mute the effectiveness of conservative media organizations and personalities, some of them critical of Soros.Another financial expert is expressing his deep disgust with the Federal Reserve’s decision to print more money and buy more U.S. debt, saying it is a sign that the U.S. capitalist system is moving closer to collapse.“This is the type of stuff we accused the communist and socialist governments of doing—interfering in free markets through currency manipulation,” declared Zubi Diamond, author of The Wizards of Wall Street. “What the Fed is doing is not good for free market capitalism and it is not good for America.”In an interview with Accuracy in Media, Diamond went on to say, “The Fed is following the economic models of Third World countries by printing more money and devaluing their currencies. If you keep doing what Third World economies do, eventually you will become a Third World economy.”Diamond said that as Soros is betting on a U.S. financial collapse, his net worth and the amount of money under the management of his hedge fund have ballooned. The money that Fed chairman Ben Bernanke is putting into the economy, Diamond said, is designed to “replace the stolen money from American families and the capitalist corporations” under the cover of the financial crisis.The collapse of capitalism will be “a big pay day for George Soros and members of the Managed Funds Association,” he said. “They are betting against the dollar and moving assets to gold and to the emerging economies. They are betting against U.S. survival as a capitalist nation.”While Bernanke takes the brunt of Diamond’s critique, Diamond doesn’t lose sight of the President who re-appointed Bernanke to that post.“President Barack Obama is doing everything he is not supposed to do—and is failing to do the things he is supposed to do—to fix this economic crisis,” he said.Consider the matter of “stimulus” spending, for example. “Obama got $700 billion in stimulus money, supposedly for shovel ready jobs. But he later admitted there were no shovel ready jobs. So it is just more money down the drain, more debt and deficit, digging us deeper into the hole,” he said.He concluded, “This is the person the pundits and talking heads on TV insisted is smart and intelligent. Misguided Americans may have inadvertently elected a dummy or an enemy agent as their President. Take your pick.”Read the full
enemy withinstory here.
- HT:TheBrusselsJournal.A Multicultural Conference Hijacked By Islamists.During the last weekend of October, a conference in Antwerp got a lot of resonance in the Arab world. The same conference was virtually ignored in Belgium, even within the local Muslim community. "The place of Islam in the new Europe" was the title of the conference which was widely reported on Al Jazeera (see video below this article) and the Moroccan newspaper Le Matin. In Belgium, only Gazet van Antwerpen published a short article on the local pages in three of its six regional editions. Make no mistake: this was a conference to promote multiculturalism en mutual understanding between the Islamic world and Europe. The conference was organized by the Institute for Moroccan and Mediterranean Studies of the University of Antwerp, abbreviated as "IMaMs".During the panel discussions, more than once some members of the audience started lengthy invectives against Israel. The moderators did not intervene to stop or shorten these rantings. Antwerp alderman Robert Voorhamme intervened firmly, stating that it was improper to import the conflict in the Middle East into our countries and into this conference.It may surprise some that a conference that had the ambition to enhance the mutual understanding between Islam and Europe had invited people like Yacob Mahi, who literally states that "liberalism is the murderer of human freedom". Or imam Yussef Ibrams of Geneva, a member of the European Council of the Fatwa, who claimed in 2004 that "stoning, although not necessary in Switzerland, may absolutely not be brought in disrepute".It became clear that, behind the scenes, some were pushing the conference towards a condemnation of the headscarf ban, when moderator Abdelhay Ben Abdellah started asking all the town councilors for their position on the ban. This Ben Abdellah is president of the "Expertise Center for Islamic Cultures in Flanders", which receives 200,000 euros of public funds each year, but whose functioning is unclear at present, lacking any reports or results.Read the full story here.
- France arrests terrorism suspects in and around Paris.Five people believed to have trained as Islamist militants in Pakistan's troubled Afghan border region have been arrested in and around Paris.Some of those arrested were picked up in the suburb of Roissy, where France's largest airport is located, security sources said on condition of anonymity.Police and intelligence officers have been questioning the suspects.Read the full story here.
- HT:MEMRI.Cartoon In 'Al-Sharq Al-Awsat':Obama :"Extremists Distort Image Of Islam".
- HT:MEMRI.Pakistani Commentator Ali K. Chishti: '[The Saudi] Kingdom, to This Day, is the Biggest Source of Official and Private Funding to… Jihadist Organizations in Pakistan…; Pakistani Government Gives Out an Estimated 20-35 Billion Pakistani Rupees in Grants to Madrassas and Jihadi Movements'.In a recent article, senior Pakistani commentator Ali K. Chishti expressed concern that the Pakistani government and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia continue to fund various Islamist organizations and jihadist movements in Pakistan.In the article, titled "Funding Pakistan's Jihad," Chishti noted that the Pakistani government continues to dole out funds to Islamist madrassas and will never cut its ties to the jihadist groups, because doing so will impact on its foreign policy objectives in South Asia. Chishti observed: "Every time the Americans start getting impatient, the Pakistanis make a show of launching an operation in the tribal belt. There are arrests of Afghan and Arab jihadis or the killings of certain individuals until everything returns to normal." Read the full story here.
- 'Deviant' Art Thought Destroyed By The Nazis Is Found.For seven decades they lay underground, considered lost for ever after being confiscated by the Nazis from Germany's leading art galleries and labelled "degenerate".But 10 bronze and terracotta sculptures which have been discovered on a Berlin building site are to go on display tomorrow leading the city's mayor to describe the figures as "witnesses to Nazi lunacy".Described by experts as gems of classic modernism, the sculptures are mostly of the female form, including a pregnant woman and one of a Weimar actor, Anni Mewes.Berlin's mayor, Klaus Wowereit, said the exhibition, Degenerate Art from the Bomb Rubble, was a "belated act of defiance" against the Nazis' attempts to destroy the works of art, which he called "witnesses to Nazi lunacy".Read the full story here.
- Japanese man commits suicide live on internet.A Japanese man committed suicide live on the Internet after heated exchanges with online users daring him to die, reports said Wednesday.A 24-year-old man in the northern city of Sendai was found dead Tuesday morning in his apartment by local police, who received reports from web users, Yomiuri Shimbun said.The man, who lived alone, had been on extended sick leave from his job since August and had posted complaints about his work, Sankei Shimbun said.The man began to broadcast images of himself on live streaming service Ustream on Sunday night, announcing his plan to kill himself and discussing his views about life.Japan has one of the world's highest suicide rates, accounting for more than 32,000 deaths last year, the 12th consecutive year to exceed 30,000 deaths.Read the full story here.
- Video: Pack of tiger sharks spotted eating whale carcass.HT.RaiNovosti
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
- Erekat: PA will ask US to recognize Palestinian state if talks fail.PA chief negotiator says if Israel continues settlements and talks fail they will turn to US for unilateral declaration of state within 1967 borders. "If the Americans can't do that," added Erekat, "we may turn to the UN Security Council."Erekat stated that while the Security Council cannot legally declare a Palestinian state, its permanent members can call on other nations to individually recognize a Palestinian state.The Palestinian negotiator said that a third option would be to turn to the UN General Assembly, which does have the authority to recognize a Palestinian state.Read the full story here.
- Obama Calls Efforts to Improve Relations in Muslim World 'Incomplete Project'.Obama said policy differences with Muslim countries will linger, but that building better ties between the people of the United States and the Muslim world will foster improved overall relations.The president also expressed deep concern that Israelis and Palestinians aren't making the "extra effort" to secure a breakthrough needed to achieve Middle East Peace.Obama said he hasn't seen the kind of progress in negotiations that "could finally create a framework for a secure Israel living side by side in peace with a sovereign Palestine."Hmmm....Sovereign state of Palestina,"....Incomplete project ..when will it be complete if the USA is called the Islamic republic of America?Read the full story here.
- Obama visits a nation that knew him as Barry.The two houses where he spent part of his boyhood stand pretty much the way they did when he went back to Hawaii four decades ago. The two schools he attended have grown larger but, in spirit, remain unchanged. Some of his old friends can still be found around the neighborhood.In Mr Satjakoesoemah's living room, Mr Obama's mother taught English to the neighborhood women, including his wife, Djumiati. While the residents regarded Mr Obama's mother as a "free spirit," Barry, who was chubby, was referred to as the "boy who runs like a duck," said Mrs Satjakoesoemah, 69.Though most of the Menteng school's students have always been Muslim, Rully Dasaad, 49, a former classmate, chuckled at the idea that of all schools in the country, Menteng was equated with a madrasa.Mr Obama's family rented the guest house inside a compound belonging to a prominent physician. There, according to the neighborhood's longtime residents, the young Obama, who had already experienced differences in class and religion in his short stay in Indonesia, was exposed to another aspect of Jakarta's diversity.According to NDTV:"His nanny was an openly gay man who, in keeping with Indonesia's relaxed attitudes toward homosexuality, carried on an affair with a local butcher, longtime residents said. The nanny later joined a group of transvestites called Fantastic Dolls, who, like the many transvestites who remain fixtures of Jakarta's streetscape, entertained people by dancing and playing volleyball."Read the full story here.
- HT:Israel Matzav.Someone call PETA! In Baghdad on Monday, security found dogs with explosives implanted inside them about to be loaded onto a plane to the United States.Source.
- Turkey to host Iran talks 'soon'.Abdullah Gul, the Turkish president, announces resumption of previously failed talks on nuclear programme.The Turkish president has said his country expects to host talks between Iran and six major powers on Tehran's controversial nuclear programme "some time soon".However, Iran has also sent mixed signals over a resumption of talks.A senior aide to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the president, has said that even if Iran did agree to the talks it would not negotiate about its nuclear programme.Read the full story here.
- Faith groups divided over proposed New York Islamic center.It's a Mosque Rauf said so himself in Kazakstan a 2 weeks ago!American Christians, Muslims and those of other faiths are divided over what to do about a proposed Islamic community center near ground zero in New York, a new poll shows.While some six in 10 Catholics and Mormons think another location should be found, less than a third of Muslims, other non-Christians and non-religious Americans feel the same way, according to the Gallup survey. Jewish Americans, Protestants and other Christians fell more in the middle.No majority exists in any of the groups for building the center on the proposed location.About 40 percent of Muslims, other non-Christians and non-religious Americans support the idea, while the numbers drop to 25 percent or less for Catholics, Mormons, Jewish Americans, Protestants and other Christians.The third option was to build at the same location near ground zero, but make the facility an interfaith center.No more than 30 percent of any faith group backed the option.Hmmm.....I would say Non Muslim religions are not devided but united.Read the full story here.
- Wind - Rain and Thunder greet Barack Hussein Obama in Jakarta.US President Barack Obama and First Lady Michele Obama arrived at Halim Perdanakusuma Airport at 4:20 p.m. Obama was greeted by American Ambassador Scott Marciel and representatives of the Indonesian government, among them Foreign Minister Marty Natalegawa and his half-sister Maya Soetoro-Ng. However, the unsavory weather conditions of wind and rain interspersed with thunder-cracks did not make for a wholly welcoming homecoming.Read the full story here.
- HT:Matzav.NYC’s Newest Anti-Terror Deterrent: ‘Vapor Wake Dogs’.After spending billions on bomb-detection equipment, the Pentagon now says the best tool for the job is … a dog. And now a new generation of cunning canine will soon be sniffing for explosives on city streets.They’re called “vapor wake dogs” and CBS 2’s Tony Aiello recently put their amazing abilities to the test.On a crowded street in lower Manhattan, Aiello tried to keep an explosive secret to find out if a dog can sniff out the danger.So in the test, Aiello stayed across the street from the dog, keeping his distance because he was going to be a decoy during a test of the canine’s abilities. Aiello put on the black powder belt and a sport coat and glasses just to change his appearance a little bit. He even carried a jacket to try to hide the bulk of the belt.Raven followed her nose right towards Aiello, picked him out of the crowd and then strained at her leash as she followed him across the street.They are a four-legged anti-terror tool, sniffing out trouble.After last week’s package bomb scare vapor wake dogs are being looked at for cargo screening. The NYPD won’t say how many dogs it has acquired.Read the full story here.
- Sinhalese Muslim teenager sentenced to death in Saudi Arabia. Appeal of Catholics.Fr. George Sigamony, director of Caritas Sri Lanka, calls on all Catholics to pray after the verdict that decrees the death sentence for Rizana, just 17 years old, in prison on false charges of murder. The Asian Human Rights Commission: "Do not let Rizana Nafeek become a victim of the infamous practice of Saudi Arabia to sentence juvenile offenders to death."Read the full story here.
- Punjab: Christian woman sentenced to death for blasphemy.For the first time, a woman is sentenced to death in Pakistan for this kind of “offence”. The blasphemy law was introduced in 1986 by then Pakistani dictator Zia-ul Haq and since then it has become a tool for discrimination and violence. Part of the Pakistan Penal Code, the law imposes life in prison for defiling the Qur’an and death for insulting Muhammad.Pakistan has “crossed a line” in sentencing a Christian woman to death for blasphemy. Asia Bibi, a 37-year-old farm worker mother of two, was convicted of committing blasphemy before her fellow workers during a heated discussion about religion in the village of Ittanwali in June last year.Some of the women workers had reportedly been pressuring Bibi to renounce her Christian faith and accept Islam. During one discussion, Bibi responded by speaking of how Jesus had died on the cross for the sins of humanity and asking the Muslim women what Muhammad had done for them.The Muslim women took offence and began beating Bibi. Afterwards she was locked in a room. According to Release International, a mob reportedly formed and “violently abused” her and her children.Hmm...Religion of Peace.Read the full
- Landmark ruling in Turkey Buyukada orphanage returned to the Orthodox Patriarchate.After the ruling of the European Court, Turkey decides to return, the building located on the Island of the Princes to the Fanar. The decision paves the way for the requests relating to other religious buildings, monasteries, for the most part, seized by the state.The court has informed the "Fanar" that orders have been given for the final return of the building, located on the 'Island of the Princes’ to the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople. It also ordered that the land be registered to the “Rum Patrikanesi” (The Patriarchate of the Rum, as Orthodox Christians are called in Turkey), recognizing its de facto legal status.The "Fanar", having unsuccessfully exhausted all legal means at its disposal with the Turkish authorities, appealed to the Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg, which on 15 June this year, accepted its case. However, one last step remains: that is, removing the status of "mazbut" from the orphanage, to arrange for its release from seizure and occupation by the General Directorate of Foundations and hand over management to administrators appointed by the Christian Orthodox community in Istanbul.Hmmm....the things you have to allow to get in the EU?Read the full story here.
- N.Y. Bedbugs invading classrooms at alarming rate, but Education Dept. says there's no epidemic.Bedbugs are creeping their way into city classrooms in record numbers.As the city sees a surge in the itsy-bitsy pests, schools are experiencing a spike in confirmed cases - 336 in the first two months of this school year compared with 135 in the same stretch last year.That's on track to surpass last year's record of 1,019 cases."I think it's an epidemic. Bedbugs are everywhere," said Anna Shter, 37, whose son is a kindergartner at Brooklyn's Public School 200, where bedbugs were discovered twice in the last month.Read the full story here.
- Hamas invites Ahamdinejad to Gaza.Islamist group calls on Iranian president to visit Strip after his October tour of Lebanon, however estimates say visit unlikely to take place.Hamas has invited Iranian President Mahmoud Ahamdinejad to visit the Gaza Strip on Monday. Ahmed Youssef, deputy Hamas foreign minister told Iranian news agency Fars that a visit from the Iranian president would lift the spirits of "the resistance front" as it did with Hezbollah in Lebanon last month.Hamas sources confirmed that Ahmadinejad had been invited to Gaza as part of Palestinian efforts to break the blockade. They told Ynet that the Iranian president had a positive response to the invitation. Nevertheless, Gaza elements estimated the visit is not likely to occur in the near future.Read the full story here.
- Taliban Tries New Afghanistan War Tactic, Pens 'Open Letter' to Congress.In a rambling "open letter" to Congress, the Taliban's spokesman said he wanted to present American lawmakers with "a true picture of the ground realities" of the war in Afghanistan, which he insisted the U.S. can't win.The spokesman, Qari Mohammad Yousaf Ahmadi, called on Congress to send a fact-finding mission to Afghanistan, apparently ignorant of the fact that representatives and senators visit Afghanistan all the time. But American lawmakers rarely leave heavily guarded U.S. facilities, moving only in armored convoys, because of the danger presented by the Taliban.The letter was e-mailed to news organizations Sunday, and it differed little from the countless statements the Taliban have released over the years. Many have been aimed at Americans, at times directly saying so.Much of the roughly 2,300-word letter, addressed to "Messers American Congressmen" and written in similarly problematic English, is stock rhetoric. It wasn't clear whether the letter was actually sent to members of Congress or simply e-mailed to news organizations.Read the full story here.
- Obama Speaking to the Muslim World: A Milestone or a Mistake?Bantarto Bandoro, an international affairs expert from the Jakarta-based Center for Strategic and International Studies, called Obama’s decision to use Jakarta as a place to send a message to the Islamic world “a big mistake” that could hurt Indonesia and would not necessarily improve America’s image.Being used by Washington as an arena to try and fix its image could jeopardize Indonesia’s reputation in the larger Islamic world, he added.Read the full story here.
- Hizbut Tahrir, Academics Speak Out Against Obama's Indonesia visit. Jakarta. “Reject Obama, President of an Imperialist State.” Those words, printed on huge banners, provided the backdrop for a panel of 15 speakers at a building within the campus grounds of the State Islamic University (UIN) Syarif Hidayatullah in Jakarta.“We want people to understand that this agreement they are going to sign will endanger the nation,” he said, referring to the comprehensive partnership. Muhammad Usman, from Airlangga University, said Obama should not visit Jakarta’s Istiqlal Mosque, the largest mosque in the country. Arim agreed, saying that “infidels are not allowed to go inside mosques.Obama "Islam is a great religion".Read the full story here.
- Hizbullah Deputy Leader: International Tribunal Will Accuse Hizbullah In Al-Hariri Assassination.Hizbullah deputy secretary-general Sheikh Na'im Qasem said that the indictment in the case of the assassination of former Lebanese prime minister Rafiq Al-Hariri will be against Hizbullah, as reported in the German weekly Der Spiegel. He said that there will be a sword on Hizbullah's neck. He added that the tribunal could also point an accusing finger at Syria and Iran.Read the full story here.
- HT:NewZeal.Trumka "The Work That We Did Held the Senate..."Hard Leftist AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka explains the impact of the US labor movement in the mid term elections.Trumka claims to have saved several leading Democrats from the guillotine and to have earned the appreciation of President Barack Obama.Hmm....the "Jimmy Hoffa" of the 21Th Century?Read and see the full story here.
- HT:AlwaysOnWatch.Obama Sees Advantages In The Decline Of America As An Economic Power.From the Times of India:...The fact of the matter is that for most of my lifetime and I'll turn 50 next year - the US was such an enormously dominant economic power, we were such a large market, our industry, our technology, our manufacturing was so significant that we always met the rest of the world economically on our terms. And now because of the incredible rise of India and China and Brazil and other countries, the US remains the largest economy and the largest market, but there is real competition.""This will keep America on its toes. America is going to have to compete. There is going to be a tug-of-war within the US between those who see globalisation as a threat and those who accept we live in a open integrated world, which has challenges and opportunities."...Going by media reports in the US of his first day in India, his focus on jobs and investments was well received.Competition is fine.But just how is competition within the present globalization framework going to help the U.S. economy to recover and bring jobs here to the States?And how is the competitive field going to be level if more and more jobs which should be based here in the United States are outsourced to nations that pay workers $1 a day?Watch the video at the beginning of this post. BHO seems downright pleased with his admission about the economic decline of America.Read and see the full story here.
- Some Dems and White House Staffers Want Obama Removed from Office.According to investigative journalist Wayne Madsen, some Democrats and White House staffers are considering removing Barack Obama from office via Section 4 of the 25th Amendment to the Constitution: Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.Opinion Maker: "Top Democrats are still reeling from Obama's bizarre behavior at a $7500-a-plate fundraiser at a stately mansion at Brown University in Rhode Island on October 25." The President left the fundraiser after only 20 minutes and without warning, explaining that he had to go home to "tuck in the girls, walk the dog, and scoop the poop.""Some staffers have said [concerning the President's bizarre behavior] on deep background that the revelations by the ex-White House official (referred to in this story) to [blogger] "Ulsterman" [Who some staffers have been meeting with] are not even half of the story about what is actually occurring in the White House.This story also reports that Obama has been prescribed anti-anxiety medication.Hmmm....no more walking on water,but water treading?Read the full story here.
- Awlaqi calls for killing Americans 'without hesitation'.US-Yemeni radical cleric Anwar Al Awlaqi has called for the killing of Americans "without hesitation" and accused Iran of trying to impose control over Sunnis in the Gulf, SITE monitors said on Monday."Do not consult anyone in killing Americans," Awlaqi said in a 23-minute video posted on jihadist websites, according to the US monitoring group."Killing the devil does not need any fatwa (religious edict)," he added."It's either us or you," Awlaqi said, addressing Americans in the video, which first surfaced on October 23 when one minute of footage was posted on jihadist forums."America and Israel are controlling our ummah (nation) and soon Iran will interfere to get its share of the pie," he said."There is a US-Israeli struggle on one side and an Iranian on the other to impose their control on Sunni areas."The Gulf's "Sunni citizens" will be "the first victims" of Iran, said Awlaqi, speaking in Arabic from behind a desk and sporting a sheathed dagger in his belt.Read the full story here.Full text here.
- International committee vows to restore Mount of Olives.Distinguished panel confronts grave desecrations, violence and security deterioration plaguing ancient Jerusalem burial ground. The Committee unveiled a list of urgent action demands spelling out key changes on the ground to ensure the safety and sanctity of the famous Jewish cemetery. In front of an audience of close to 1,000 people, Knesset Member Danny Danon (Likud), community leader Adv. David Martin and moderator Ruthie Blum Leibowitz explored the current state of the cemetery and its significance in Jewish history as well as what is needed to rehabilitate the site.MK Danon told those on hand, “At present, there is a need to call ahead for a security escort prior to visiting Har Hazeitim to ensure the safety of visitors to the site. This is not acceptable in Israel in 2010.The Mount of Olives has been used as a Jewish cemetery for over 3,000 years and is comprised of approximately 150,000 graves. The site is also holy to Christians and there are numerous churches in the vicinity."In recent years, the cemetery has fallen into a state of general neglect and disrepair, with local Arab villagers driving across it to take shortcuts and sometimes attacking Jewish visitors to the graves," ICPHH said.Read the full story here.
- Islam Channel breaks British broadcast rules, regulator says. Britain's Islam Channel broke broadcasting regulations by condoning marital rape, encouraging violence against women, and promoting an anti-Israel, pro-Hamas line, the country's broadcast regulator Ofcom ruled Monday.One violation came during an advice program in which a female caller asked if a woman could hit her husband back if he was beating her. The host, as part of his answer, said the most a husband could do was hit her with a stick the size of a pen "just to make her feel that you are not happy with her."The same host said in another program that for a woman to wear perfume when praying in a mosque made her a prostitute in the eyes of the Prophet Mohammed. Another violation took place in a discussion about an Afghan law that, critics say, allows men to rape their wives.The Islam Channel "does not condone or encourage violence toward women under any circumstances," the broadcaster told Ofcom during the investigation.But the author of a report into the channel said it promotes "a fringe and intolerant form of Islam."The channel's agenda "risks having a negative effect not only on British Muslim communities but also on relations between Muslims and non-Muslims," he said.Read the full story here.More here.
- Until 1996, nobody called Rachel’s Tomb a mosque. Analysis: UNESCO’s recent designation flies in the face of Jewish history, Islamic tradition and Ottoman confirmation. In a series of decisions condemning Israel, the UNESCO board called upon the government to rescind its decision in February to include Rachel’s Tomb and the Cave of the Patriarchs in Hebron on Israel’s official list of national heritage sites. The sharp protests by Ambassador to UNESCO Nimrod Barkan to the UN body’s decision were expunged from the record by the chairman of the session, the Russian representative, on the pretext that they were too aggressive.A scrupulous examination of testimonies and historical sources demonstrates that defining Rachel’s Tomb as a mosque does an injustice to facts and traditions anchored in both Muslim documents and Jewish sources, and constitutes distortion, bias and deception. As opposed to the Temple Mount and the Cave of the Patriarchs, which also serve as the location of mosques, Rachel’s Tomb never served as a mosque for the Muslims. The Muslim connection to the site derives from its relation to Rachel and has no connection to Bilal ibn Rabah, Muhammad’s first muezzin.Note that in these photos from the early 1900's no Muslim cemetary or mosque exists near the Tomb. Read the full story here.
- President Obama isolated ahead of 2012. President Barack Obama has performed his act of contrition. Now comes the hard part, according to Democrats around the country: reckoning with the simple fact that he’s isolated himself from virtually every group that matters in American politics. Congressional Democrats consider him distant and blame him for their historic defeat on Tuesday. Democratic state party leaders scoff at what they see as an inattentive and hapless political operation. Democratic lobbyists feel maligned by his holier-than-thou take on their profession. His own Cabinet — with only a few exceptions — has been marginalized. “This guy swept to power on a wave of adulation, and he learned the wrong lessons from that,” said a Democratic official who deals frequently with the White House. “He’s more of a movement leader than a politician. He needs someone to kick his ass on things large and small and teach him to be a politician.”Hmmm....that's why he's in Asia?Read the full story here.
- Number of the Week: $10.2 Trillion in Global Borrowing.$10.2 trillion: The amount of money advanced-nation governments will need to borrow in 2011As the debts of advanced countries rise to levels not seen since the aftermath of World War II, it’s hard to know how much is too much. But it’s easy to see that the risk of serious financial trouble is growing.Next year, fifteen major developed-country governments, including the U.S., Japan, the U.K., Spain and Greece, will have to raise some $10.2 trillion to repay maturing bonds and finance their budget deficits, according to estimates from the International Monetary Fund. That’s up 7% from this year, and equals 27% of their combined annual economic output.Aside from Japan, which has a huge debt hangover from decades of anemic growth, the U.S. is the most extreme case. Next year, the U.S. government will have to find $4.2 trillion. That’s 27.8% of its annual economic output, up from 26.5% this year. By comparison, crisis-addled Greece needs $69 billion, or 23.8% of its annual GDP.Hmmmm.....hey big spender.......we all have to tighten our belts?Read the full "succes" story here.
- Sikhs outraged at US airport turban searches.Sikh Americans are protesting at what they say is a new policy at US airports to screen their turbans systematically, voicing fear the move would further stigmatize their faith.US officials have not confirmed a change in policy and insisted they respected religious beliefs. But they said security measures necessitated checks on "bulky" clothing such as turbans, which Sikh men are required by faith to wear.A group of Sikh American groups said they met several weeks ago with representatives of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) who told them that airports would now screen turbans with hand-wands at all times.Current policy is erratic, with New York City airports rarely conducting secondary searches on Sikhs but airports in other cities such as Chicago and San Francisco doing so routinely, said Amardeep Singh, co-founder of the Sikh Coalition advocacy group."The TSA told us, point blank, that turbans will now be screened 100 per cent of the time," Singh told AFP on Monday."To have the government at an airport pulling the turban aside specifically and screening the turban only reinforces that view that many people already have," Singh said.If they're going to stigmatize our children and stigmatize our community and specifically stigmatize our article of faith, they better have a damn good reason," he said.Hmmm...we don't want the visit your temple ,but do want to visit your turbans?Read the full story here.
- HT:TundraTabloids.Video : Canadian Pm Harper hammers the UN on it's Anti -Semitism and Anti - Israelism.After all, we fought the Yanks in 1812 and kicked them the hell out of our country - but not with blanks.Farley Mowat.Read and See the full story here more on this story here..
- Oklahoma's Ban on Shariah Law Blocked: Supporters Blame State Attorney General.A popular new law that bars Oklahoma courts from considering Islamic law, or Shariah, when deciding cases was put on hold Monday after a prominent Muslim in the state won a temporary restraining order in federal court.Supporters of the Oklahoma ballot initiative, which passed with 70 percent of the vote, would not comment on the impact of the ruling. But state Sen. Anthony Sykes, who co-authored the measure, charged that the judge ruled as she did because the state’s attorney general, Drew Edmondson, failed to respond to the suit.Two state legislators were quick to blast the judge's ruling and the Oklahoma attorney general, who they said did not stand up to support the new law.Oklahoma state Rep. Rex Duncan, who co-sponsored the bill, said he hadn’t seen the judge's written ruling yet, but he was disappointed that “her words from the bench indicated she had completely embraced the plaintiff’s arguments.”“They were pretty extraordinary statements from the judge,” he said.I wonder what the founding fathers would have done?Read the full story here.
- NATO officials say Russia poses no threat to West - envoy.NATO's top military and political officials assured Russia the alliance saw no threat from the country for the West, Russia's envoy to NATO Dmitry Rogozin said on Monday.Rogozin's comment followed a statement by Lithuanian President Dalia Grybauskaite, who said that "in terms of politics" NATO has finished its preparation of its plan of the Baltic states' defense.European Voice weekly earlier said NATO's defense plans implicitly singled Russia out as a military threat.Despite the NATO officials' pro-Russian statements, several alliance members continue to criticize NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen's policy of establishing a strategic relationship with Russia, the envoy said.Rogozin said he was very pleased "for the residents of the ex-Soviet Baltic states who could at last sleep peacefully facing the somewhat lurid menace threatening the young sickly democracies of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia."Read the full story here.
- HT:RefugeeResetlementWatch.29 Somalis indicted for sex trafficking.MINNEAPOLIS – Twenty-nine people have been indicted in a sex trafficking ring in which Somali gangs in Minneapolis and St. Paul allegedly forced girls under age 14 into prostitution in Minnesota, Tennessee and Ohio, according to an indictment unsealed Monday.The 24-count indictment, unsealed in U.S. District Court in the Middle District of Tennessee, said one of the gangs’ goals was recruiting females under age 18, including some under age 14, and forcing them into prostitution so the defendants could get money, marijuana or liquor.The indictment details several instances in which young Somali or African American girls were taken from place to place and forced to engage in sex acts with multiple people. One girl was under 13 when she was first prostituted. Another girl was 18 when she was raped by multiple men in a hotel room, the indictment said.Also, after being closed for nearly two years, the US State Department is on the verge of resuming the fraud-ridden family reunification program that admitted as many as 36,000 Somalis fraudulently to the US between 2003 and 2008. See the latest on new regulations, here. The State Department is on the verge of re-opening the program.Read the full story here.
- HT:RefugeeResetlementWatch.Related : ORR(Office of Refugee Resettlement), where is the annual report to Congress?We began FY2011 on October 1st with a Presidential Determination letter to admit another 80,000 refugees this year, so by my calculation they owe Congress the report for 2008 and 2009. The importance of the annual report is that it tells members of Congress and the public what refugees were resettled and to which states. It tells us employment rates. It tells us what resettlement agencies are doing good jobs in finding employment and which aren’t. It tells us what the welfare useage is and relates that to previous years and so on.So as we continue high rates of refugee resettlement through the great recession years we have no official picture of how those refugees are doing.Write to your Congressman and US Senators and ask where the 2008 and 2009 annual reports are!Read the full story here.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Geert Wilders to speak at 'Jordan is Palestine' conference.Dutch politician Geert Wilders will speak at a conference in Tel Aviv in early December, which will be dedicated to promoting the idea that Jordan is 'Palestine. MK Eldad will present the main points of his idea at the conference, which will be held in Tel Aviv at the beginning of next month. Eldad will be followed by a guest speech by the Dutch nationalist Wilders, in which he will voice support for the idea of establishing a Palestinian state in Jordan. Former defense minister Moshe Arens and former GSS director Ami Ayalon were invited to the conference in order to respond to the speeches.So how 'mainstream' is the third largest party in the Dutch parliament with approximately one sixth of the seats (24 out of 150)? To put it in perspective, the only two Israeli parties with more than 20 (out of 120) seats in our Knesset are Likud and Kadima. Are all the other parties not mainstream? Or is 'Jordan is Palestine' gaining mainstream acceptance, at least in Holland?Read the full story here.
- President Gül: Turkey plays active role in shaping new world order.Turkish President Abdullah Gül suggested on Monday that Turkey is already playing an active part in shaping the future international order that will replace the three-dimensionally “imperfect equilibrium” that characterizes the current state of affairs after the Cold War.President Gül suggested that the new and normal order will be accomplished in the next decade and shared his thoughts about the main characteristics of the new normal international order. He suggested that this new order must address the three-dimensional deficits and that the new order countries would not be categorized as First, Second and Third World countries. Gül added that this new order must focus on the whole world and reject a Euro-centric understanding of history and international affairs.Hmmmm....can't even join the EU and wants to rule the world.Read the full
- 64-year-old father of 88 to now wed 18-year-old.Ajman's superdad aims to have 100 offspring by 2015.UAE's superdad is all set to tie the knot again, with the aim of hitting a century before 2015.Father of 88 children, 64-year-old Daad Murad Abdul Rahman will marry 18-year-old Aisha in Jaipur (Indian state of Rajastan) after Eid.Speaking to Emirates24|7, Rahman said: "The wedding was arranged by his Indian doctor. Meher [money bridegroom pays the bride's father] has been fixed at Dh20,000 and the nikkah [wedding] will be held in Jaipur."Rahman, who lives in Ajman and Manama, has 50 boys and 38 girls. The eldest son Tariq is 39 years of age and the youngest is a few months old. "I will stop marrying when I have 100 children. I hope to achieve that with this marriage."His family comprising 127 members live in seven homes spread across different emirates. Most of his children are employed in good positions (UAE Armed Forces, Police, etc). One of them is a businessman in the UK. Rahman says he has been married 15 times. However, he has only three wives at present and the rest are divorced. Some of his ex-wives, however, still stay with him.Read the full "story" here.
- "The Impact Of This Is Big, and It's Wide, and It's Bad, and It's Ugly. Inhabits The Gulf of Mexico Are Being Exposed To An Atrocity."Thousands of marine animals still in danger from hidden oil in Gulf. The problems are far from over.Scientists affiliated with the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) have detected a plume of hydrocarbons at least 22 miles long and more than 3,000 feet below the surface of the Gulf of Mexico, a residue of the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Samantha Joye - a Marine Science Professor from the UGA, who was among the first researchers to identify underwater plumes of oil gushing from the BP oil well in the Gulf of Mexico - says the White House will no doubt attempt to silence her once again on her latest findings.Read and see the full story here.