Thursday, October 7, 2010
Posted by Will at 3:21 PM
- HT:BigPeace.Final Segment: Defeating the Muslim Brotherhood.Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:LogisticsMonster.G. Edward Griffin: “What In The World Are They Spraying?”Alex Jones interviews G. Edward Griffin and filmmaker Michael J. Murphy about the upcoming film “What In The World Are They Spraying?” about chemtrails, Monsanto, and the globalists’ agenda. Part 1/4: Part 2/4: Part 3/4: Part 4/4: Official Trailer.Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- U.S. Senate candidate Sharron Angle Muslim law taking hold in parts of US. U.S. Senate candidate Sharron Angle told a crowd of supporters that the country needs to address a "militant terrorist situation" that has allowed Islamic religious law to take hold in some American cities.In a recording of the rally provided to The Associated Press by the Mesquite Local News, a man is heard asking Angle : "I keep hearing about Muslims wanting to take over the United States ... on a TV program just last night, I saw that they are taking over a city in Michigan and the residents of the city, they want them out. They want them out. So, I want to hear your thoughts about that." Angle responds that "we're talking about a militant terrorist situation, which I believe it isn't a widespread thing, but it is enough that we need to address, and we have been addressing it." "My thoughts are these, first of all, Dearborn, Michigan, and Frankford, Texas are on American soil, and under constitutional law. Not Sharia law. And I don't know how that happened in the United States," she said. "It seems to me there is something fundamentally wrong with allowing a foreign system of law to even take hold in any municipality or government situation in our United States."Dearborn, Mich., has a thriving Muslim community. It was not immediately clear why Angle singled out Frankford, Texas, a former town that was annexed into Dallas around 1975.Ibrahaim Hooper, a spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations, (Cair)a Washington-based advocacy group, called Angle's statements "bizarre." "This seems to be an example of incoherent bigotry. It is pretty clear that she has something against Islamic Muslims but she is so incoherent you don't know what she stands for," Hooper said. "The proper response would have been, 'American Muslims are citizens like anyone else. They are free to practice their faith,' not seeming to agree that Muslims are somehow seeking to take over." "The fact that Sharron Angle believes American cities have been taken over by militant terrorist organizations that are ruling our citizens under Sharia law shows a terrifying lack of connection with reality and a willingness to subscribe to conspiracy theories that demonstrates she's far too extreme and dangerous to represent Nevada in the U.S. Senate," spokesman Kelly Steele said.Or perhaps she's one of the few politicians who actually understands what's going on under our noses?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:Americanthinker.Democrat Dirty Tricks: A Primer on Stealing Elections.Halloween is approaching, but the true horror for Democrats will happen two days later on Election Day. Democrats have much to fear, and they have already reached into their bag of tricks to try to derail Republicans across the nation.Democrats are desperate to stop the red tide spreading from the heart of the nation and heading toward the coasts. They are eager to preserve and protect their liberal agenda and extend it in the years to come. They fear that Republican ascendancy in the House might lead to the defunding of several elements of ObamaCare and thus put it on life support until they can deliver the coup de grace in 2012 under a veto-proof majority or a new president.Democrats tremble at the prospect of Congressman Darrell Issa (whose Chief of Staff has earned the sobriquet of The Democrats' Worst Nightmare) investigating a wide range of government programs and agencies.Democratic Senator Max Baucus has used his power as the chairman of the Senate Finance Committee to ask the IRS to investigate a panoply of groups that can be considered part of the Tea Party movement, and -- lest we forget -- Barack Obama ominously "joked" about siccing the IRS on people while he planned to expand the ranks of IRS agents prepared to audit us into submission. Liberal watchdog groups make noise by calling for the IRS to investigate a group linked to Karl Rove. The more chaff in the air, the more the Democrats distract people from the Democrats' collective record. Democrats uphold the First Amendment when flags are burned and brandish it when Muslims want a mosque built near the 9/11 site -- but they try to chill free speech when people want to express their views towards Democrats. (Hence Barack Obama's disgraceful attack against the Citizens United decision during the State of the Union address; when Democrats want our opinions, they will give us them.)Be forewarned: this essay is only a flyby through the dark Democratic alleys of American politics. There are powerful and wealthy special interests (unions, members of the Democracy Alliance, and many others) determined to retain the reins of power because of the benefits that flow to them -- regardless of what happens to the rest of us. Undoubtedly, new schemes are being hatched now to swing the election their way come November -- and we may never discover them.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:ForeignPolicy.Army: Ignore Obama's statement, of course combat continues in Iraq.The note below, from a friend in the Army, is interesting. The Army is formally stating that of course combat is continuing in Iraq, and indeed it is "prevalent." It is unusual for the Army to come right out and say the emperor has no clothes, but I think it had to in this case, because soldiers take medals seriously. A "New Dawn" but for whom?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- GOP takeover of Congress would mean 'hand-to-hand combat,' Obama warns.A Republican majority would threaten policies to stabilize the economy, the president says during a radio interview, part of an effort to rally key Democratic constituencies."Everybody in the barbershops, the beauty shops, and at work -- everybody's got to understand: This is a huge election," he said. "If we turn out in strong numbers, then we will do fine. If we do not, if we are depressed and decide, well, you know, Barack's not running right now, so I'm just going to stay home, then I'm going to have my hands full up here on Capitol Hill."While not running,Have a good trip two days after the election."Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:AmericanThinker.Erasing America: Barack Obama's Motivation and Method."It took time to free the slaves," proclaimed Barack Obama during a recent speech aimed at salvaging support for his fundamental transformation of America. Our president, a man who views the world through an oppressed-versus-oppressor lens, puts an agenda of economic destruction on moral par with the emancipation of the slaves. Obama is trying to reduce America to a second-rate ration. But why and how?Our president is in the process of ending American prosperity. Obama has repeatedly stated his intention to take more income from top earners, the people who create jobs. Eventually there will be insufficient earnings to produce both economic growth and confiscable income. The federal government will suffocate the private sector, as happened in the Soviet Union. Faced with the Soviet horror story, who would still want to maximize government power and riches?In response to this analysis, the American left will shriek, viciously attack, and maintain that Barack Obama has not taken on his father's dreams of payback for oppression. The progressive herd will claim that the president embraces America's economic might as a vehicle for improving the human condition. But Obama's words and actions demolish both arguments. Americans deserve an explanation. Why does Barack Obama want to "spread the wealth around" when the entire human experience shows that the approach impoverishes all but the wealthiest people and withers the human spirit?The people are beginning to see the truth. But Barack Obama will never admit the truth.The truth is the American dream is being stoned to death by it's leader.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Deepak Chopra: ‘Why would we walk on eggshells when it comes to Islam?Two weeks ago, Deepak Chopra found himself in an elevator with a woman from Saudi Arabia who was in New York for a meeting of the General Assembly of the United Nations. Recognizing the Indian-American author and spiritual guru, she engaged him in conversation.“Oh, by the way,” she said. “You have a lot of fans in Saudi Arabia. But I don’t know if they’ll be fans after tomorrow.”“Why should we walk on eggshells when it comes to Islam or the Prophet?” he asks. “That’s an issue for me. I actually am telling my Muslim friends now, and publicly, ‘Hey guys, you’ve got to come out and speak out. Why are you not speaking up? What are you afraid of?’ We should not have this attitude. And I think it’s time to bring that discussion into the open.”“I’m hopeful that we sooner or later mature into a more secular spirituality, which takes the best from all these traditions, because there’s a lot of junk in all the traditions too,” he says. “But that will take time.”Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:BramptonGuardian.Moment Of The Day: Child Porn Charges Against Muslim Imam Tossed.A Brampton Muslim leader has been acquitted of child porn possession after a Superior Court judge found agents working for Canada’s spy agency acted in a “reprehensible” manner by illegally seizing and searching his computer.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:BacktoBasics.The Mysterious Appeal of Polygamy and Obama.Speaking of God, have I mentioned lately how much I despise Barack Obama? Understand, it’s not just his politics I hate; it’s the man, himself.It seems odd that the man who is so concerned about a few necks being stretched to catch a glimpse of His Fatuousness as he plants his royal rump in a church pew never seems to give a second thought to tens of thousands of commuters who are stuck in traffic jams so that he and his Teleprompter can get to yet another fund-raiser for Barbara Boxer or Patty Murray.Still, I can’t help finding it a bit ironic that the man who obviously believes he can walk on water and multiply the loaves — although his own approach is to take loaves from those who have them and hand out them out to those who don’t have them and aren’t inclined to work for them — feels that his mere presence would create mass hysteria inside a church, of all places.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:MarkLevin.Media Matters: Criminal front group?Who funds Media Matters? Well, we know the loathsome George Soros was Media Matters' sugar daddy. But it won't release its donor list, which it's not required to. But it likes to play games with donor lists filed by others who are required to reveal names, like candidates.Sean Hannity is free to donate to whomever he wishes. Sean is not a news reporter. He has never claimed to be a news reporter. He has as much a right to donate as George Soros. Moreover, he is making his donations in his own name, not on behalf Fox or anyone else. There's nothing unethical or improper about it. His views and donations are open for all to hear and see. It's unlawful to use tax exempt funds for political purposes and this outfit needs to be flushed out of the shadows, exposed for what it is, and subjected to all fines and penalties associated with deceiving the IRS. Transparency.Read the Full Story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:RightwingNews.While Obama Is Golfing, Mexico Is Shaking Itself To Pieces.Barack Obama and the Democrats in Congress have refused to finish building the fence that was approved during the Bush years, they've refused to secure the border, and they've actually sued Arizona for trying to enforce the immigration laws that the federal government refuses to enforce. However, this is turning into an increasingly dangerous situation that has the potential to become extremely dangerous for Americans in border states. This is the real argument that Democrats are making on border security..."So, you don't want any more violence, crime, and welfare babies being brought over the border and we want to give 20 million illegals amnesty so they can vote for the Democratic Party. So, tell you what: Give us what we want and we'll finally do our jobs.....Oh, you caught me! I had my fingers crossed. But, I wouldn't lie to you again, would I? C'mon, take the deal before the next rancher gets murdered, the next American loses his job to an illegal, or the next terrorist attack happens!"...That's not just good enough. Secure the border, now!Read the full
scandalstory here.Click here for comments.
- Potentially, Israel Faces a Second Holocaust.A mass rally-demonstration entitled “For the truth, for Israel” will be held in Rome this Thursday. It is being organized by Fiamma Nirenstein – journalist, MP, and vice president of the Committee on Foreign Affairs of the Italian Chamber of Deputies –and other leading European personalities.Potentially, Israel faces a Second Holocaust.The ideological assault against Israel has escalated. Daily, hourly, in every language, the media repeats Big Lies. Israel is the “Nazi, apartheid” state, the “colonial” aggressor. What a neat trick. Bloody Muslim imperialism and Islamic religious and gender apartheid are thus denied and projected onto Israel.Israel is essentially, existentially, “evil.”Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:Summer patriot, winter soldier.This quiet soft spoken revolutionary will destroy the euro union apartheid state ... and, he will do it from prison ...Geert Wilders will destroy the apartheid euro union, whose vicious campaign against free speech and free association and free religious exercise he will expose and lay bare: geert wilders's trial will force europeans to confront the workings of their political system.in short, geert wilders has asserted the inalienable right of western man to conscience.May g_d continue to guide his journey. may g_d enlighten other martyrs of conscience, and personal sacrifice. power wilts before such things. just as the boogeyman under the bed fades first to chimera, then whisp, then oblivion at indifference to his might. that which feeds on fear adn intimidation has no further succor in the face of courage and conscience. it is as simple as that. geert wilders has put the bureaucrat in the corner, and dared him show his true face, dared him to use raw force to suppress or terminate him with extreme prejudice, and from this the faceless bureaucrats will shrink. or, they don't. in either event, they are revealed. and, i think they lose.If the people rally to wilders, as i believe they will, ... , because they have. his courage has proven irresistable. he speaks, if you will, with authority. A man who could go down in history as the man who turned the tide of Islam their "invasion".Just like the Dutch stopped the sea from invading their country and gradually took it back slowly but determined to succeed.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Mayor Looks To Ban Sugary Drinks From Food Stamp Users.New Yorkers on food stamps would not be allowed to spend them on sugar-sweetened drinks under an obesity-fighting proposal being floated by Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Gov. David Paterson.Bloomberg and Paterson announced Thursday that they are seeking permission from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which administers the nation’s food stamp program, to add sugary drinks to the list of prohibited goods for city residents receiving assistance.If approved, it would be the first time an item would be banned from the federal program based solely on nutritional value.Hmmmm.....could this be payback for not aproving Michelle her Child nutrition bill?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:ElderofZion.Mass wedding in Nablus today.The government in Nablus is staging a mass wedding today. It is meant to save young couples the costs of their own weddings and to help them start out right.Nothing really wrong about that, except for one thing:President Mahmoud Abbas, had pledged cash to each of the grooms, as well as gifts like furniture and home wares donated by local companies.So where does the cash come from?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:PajamasMedia.Hidden Threat to Second Amendment.America’s wealthiest lobby supports the worst forms of gun control.Recently the American Bar Association published a report urging:[F]ederal, state … governments to enact laws requiring that all newly-manufactured semi-automatic pistols be fitted with microstamping technology which would ensure that when a firearm is fired, an alphanumeric and/or geometric code would be stamped on the cartridge casing … that would enable law enforcement to identify the serial number of the pistol and hence the first known purchaser of a weapon used in a crime.To succeed, microstamping requires building a permanent database of all gun owners (licensing) and linking their firearms by serial number (registration), two major goals of gun control advocates.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- India under threat from Islamic extremism.Clergymen, journalists and experts agree that the case of the Catholic professor who had his hand chopped off for alleged blasphemy is a sign that fundamentalism is growing in the Indian Union.In the Indian state of Kerala, and more generally in the Indian Union, “fundamentalism is rising sharply and it concerns every religion. As a consequence, the various faith groups tend to turn inward, become more closed, lacking in openness to others,” said Fr Paul Thelakat, spokesman for the Syro-Malabar Church. “The attack on Prof T J Jose is an example of extreme Islamic fundamentalism,” but “there is also the plague of Hinduvta fundamentalism along with Christian (Pentecostal) fundamentalism,” he told AsiaNews.For Sajan K George, president of the Global Council of Indian Christians, “the deafening silence of the authorities on the Islamic radicalisation of society, especially in Kerala and Kashmir, underlines the serious threat of Islamic fundamentalism to the secular fabric of India. Let us hope that one day all of this will just be a memory.”Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Saudi human rights groups against the marriage between a child bride and a 50-year-old man.Saudi human rights groups stepped up their fight against child brides. Saudi Arabia’s Human Rights Commission (HRC) announced that it intends to organise a forum on child marriages with relevant government departments. Its goal is to have a law in place that would set a minimum age for marriage.The initiative comes a few days after Saudi daily Al-Watan reported the marriage between a 13-year-old girl and a 50-year-old man. The child studied at a Qur'anic school in Najran before her father married her off to a retired man despite opposition from her grandfather and other members of the family.The issue of child brides has become a major controversy in Saudi Arabia, pitting supporters of a ban against those who defend it, citing the behaviour of Muhammad himself.The issue of child marriages came up again when the Shura Council called on its committee dealing with social affairs, family and youth to study the issue and submit a report to the council for discussion.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Soros’ & Ford Foundation-Heavy Involvement in Education and Policy related Video Games.We are all very aware of just how focused leftists are on producing high quality propaganda. (My previous post of the Teachers Unions Cartoons touches on this). And even though they have their “low rent” thugs they also have their sophisticated agents from Academia. Bear with me, this list is long but informative. And will cross multiple programs, companies, and non-profits.For Example there's : Fate of the World (FTW)Set to release on October 26 2010 “Fate of the World is a dramatic global strategy game based on the latest science. You, as head of the Global Environment Organisation (much akin to the World Trade Organisation) must complete a series of missions and make the necessary tactical decisions to call the shots for all mankind”You can play different themed mission like “Oil Crash America” or “Dr. Apocalypse” where your mission is to raise the Earth’s temperature. The development company, properly named Red Redemption, is staffed with leftists from The Soros Foundation, The Ford Foundation, and The MacArthur Foundation.Hmmm.....how cynical can it get?Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:PajamasMedia.Obama and Ben Bernanke Have Us Facing the Abyss.Between the president's economic power grabs and the Fed chairman's "quantitative easing" schemes, the future continues to darken for our long-term economic prospects.If the congressional midterms, gubernatorial races, and various state and local electoral contests result in the large-scale repudiation of the left so many are expecting, it will represent only the barest of beginnings towards a genuine long-term national economic recovery.Only now is it beginning to dawn on many American just how deep our short-term and long-term holes really are. Many others, including politicians who appear to be on their way to key positions after the elections, still don’t seem to get it. This column will focus on the near-term economy — because if we don’t get a handle on a quickly mushrooming mess, and soon, there may not be a long-term.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Sex list rating female university student's lovers becomes internet sensation.A student has been left devastated after an elaborate sex list she created ranking university men she had slept with became an internet sensation.Karen Owen made the 'unofficial senior thesis' on her sex life with athletes at Duke University in North Carolina and originally emailed it to three of her friends.But the project spread to the university's entire 14,000 student body and from there on to websites across the globe.Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
Posted by Will at 2:43 PM
- HT:BacktoBasics.Allah, Oil And America’s Future.Islam is one of the biggest threats facing America. Yet President Barack Obama and key Democrats are Islam appeasers and Muslim apologists. Does the President and his supporters act out of woeful ignorance or willful sabotage?Consider that Obama has thrown the weight of the Presidency behind the building of the New York City Mosque next to 9/11 Ground Zero.Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich couldn’t agree more. CNN reported that, at the Fifth Annual Value Voters Summit in Washington, D.C., on Sept. 17, Gingrich warned America faces a dire threat.“We are at a point where our establishment is sliding into policies of such disastrous impact that they will in fact fundamentally challenge the survival of America as we know it,” Gingrich said. “On the one front we have a secular socialist machine led by (President) Obama, (House Speaker Nancy) Pelosi, and (Senate Majority Leader Harry) Reid, and on the other front we have radical Islamists who would fundamentally change this country into a system none of us in this room would recognize.”Gingrich also said he will oppose any efforts to impose Sharia on the U.S. Yet the former House Speaker doesn’t have a vote. Pelosi and Reid do. Their support for Islamic rights — whether near Ground Zero or around the world — is troubling.What is chilling is that people like Pelosi and Obama see evil in things like Canada’s oil sands but appear blind to the dangers of Islam and the ambitions that some within it have against the West. One can only hope that these leaders simply don’t know better. To entertain something more sinister is dismaying.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Debbie Shlussel.I’m Banned From Facebook . . . For Political Reasons: HOW YOU CAN HELP.This afternoon, my Facebook account was deactivated. I do not know why, though it appears it is for political reasons–because of repeated protests by extremist Muslims. I’ve repeatedly been targeted by extremist Muslims on Facebook, whose many anti-Semitic attacks I’ve had to report and delete from my Facebook Fan Page.Since Facebook does not give a reason, it appears this was done to censor my views. On the other hand, an anonymous Facebook employee spoke out and noted that most Facebook employees have access to view all FB e-mail messages. Yesterday, I got a FB e-mail from my FB friend Jennifer Powell notifying me that her FB page, “Profile Islamic Men in Airports” (of which I was a fan), was deleted by FB. I responded that I would write about it on my site. Was a Facebook employee snooping in my e-mail and upset that I would expose yet another example of Facebook censorship of those of us who believe in real national security, fighting the Islamic threat to America, and protecting our borders? That could be the reason.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Waivers Address Talk of Dropping Health Coverage.As Obama administration officials put into place the first major wave of changes under the health care legislation, they have tried to defuse stiffening resistance — from companies like McDonald’s and some insurers — by granting dozens of waivers to maintain even minimal coverage far below the new law’s standards.“We are seriously disappointed that we appear to have hit a wall,” said Julie Brunner, executive director of the Minnesota Council of Health Plans, which represents the state’s insurers. The insurers had been meeting with regulators to hash out the child-only coverage policies.Mr. Pawlenty’s office, however, said it had no knowledge that negotiations over children’s insurance had been halted, and a spokesman, Bruce Gordon, denied that the governor had played any role in ending the talks. He said, however, the request by the insurers for a standardized period in which parents can buy coverage was unwarranted: “The insurance companies’ request for an exemption is yet another example of the failings of Obamacare.”Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Hacking the D.C. Internet Voting Pilot.The District of Columbia is conducting a pilot project to allow overseas and military voters to download and return absentee ballots over the Internet. Before opening the system to real voters, D.C. has been holding a test period in which they've invited the public to evaluate the system's security and usability.Within 36 hours of the system going live, our team had found and exploited a vulnerability that gave us almost total control of the server software, including the ability to change votes and reveal voters’ secret ballots. In this post, I’ll describe what we did, how we did it, and what it means for Internet voting.None of this will come as a surprise to Internet security experts, who are familiar with the many kinds of attacks that major web sites suffer from on a daily basis. It may someday be possible to build a secure method for submitting ballots over the Internet, but in the meantime, such systems should be presumed to be vulnerable based on the limitations of today's security technology.This clearly demonstrates how vulnarable electronic voting is and how easy it is to be controlled by the "wrong people".Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Turkish courts seek to ban access to Facebook.Facebook could be added to a list of more than 5,000 websites that have been blocked in Turkey since 2007.The Turkish minister responsible for communications urged Facebook Inc. on Wednesday to appeal against Turkish court rulings to block access in Turkey to the world’s biggest social networking site.There are several cases pending at Turkish courts that seek to ban access to Facebook. The numerous cases against Facebook stem from "insulting" pages, most recently a page that allegedly libelled the leader of the country's main opposition party, Kemal Kilichdaroglu.Hmmm.....a dark veil coming down on Turkey?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Congressional Candidate Steve Pearce To Birther: 'Those Questions Need To Be Asked' (VIDEO). During a recent town hall meeting, New Mexico Republican congressional candidate Steve Pearce cast doubt on President Obama's citizenship and said that while the economy should be on the top of Republicans' agenda, he would be "in the fight" if the issue is taken up in Congress.At the Sept. 30 event in Los Lunas, New Mexico, a woman stood up and asked Pearce if he would "be agreeable to subpoenaing and making him show a birth certificate." "Because if he is not eligible, because of everything he signed, every bill he signed, every executive order, his czars, our whole government, everything we're doing is invalid and unconstitutional and illegal," she said, adding, "I just want to know what is your position on Barack Obama if he is in fact a Kenyan-born, Indonesian Muslim. What is your position on all of this?"In his response, Pearce said that were still "significant questions" surrounding the birther issue.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:Memri.Extremely Graphic Images: Taliban-Pakistan Stoning of a Woman and Execution of Woman and Man.See the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Muslim Brotherhood Supreme Guide: 'The U.S. Is Now Experiencing the Beginning of Its End'; Improvement and Change in the Muslim World 'Can Only Be Attained Through Jihad and Sacrifice'.In one of his recent weekly sermons, titled "How Islam Confronts the Oppression and Tyranny [against the Muslims]," Muslim Brotherhood Supreme Guide Muhammad Badi' accused the Arab and Muslim regimes of employing tyranny against their peoples, of avoiding confrontation with the Muslims' real enemies – the Zionist entity and the U.S. – and of disregarding Allah's commandment to wage jihad against the infidels."We're not trying to take over your country"Yeah whatevah!Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- 50-plus retired Saudi weds 13-year-old.The kingdom's parliament considers enacting laws to stop such marriages.A Saudi aged more than 50 years has married a 13-year-old girl in the Gulf kingdom despite objection by her grandfather, triggering an angry reaction from the country’s human rights body, a local newspaper said on Thursday.'Al Watan' Arabic language daily described the marriage as a “new tragedy” in the southern province of Najran, close to the Yemeni border.“We have set up a committee to study this case and the circumstances involved…the marriage constitutes a violation of the rights of this child, who at this age needs to be cared by her family, pursue her education and enjoy her childhood,” the statement said, according to 'Okaz'.“We call upon all members of the community to rally against the marriage of children and teenagers. Media institutions should also play a bigger role in defending children and their rights.”Hmmmm......meanwhile the practice go's on?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- ROAR: Muslim activist asks if Sharia courts constitutional in Russia.A lawyer and head of the Al-Fatkh Muslim organization in St. Petersburg, Dzhamaliddin Makhmutov, has sent a letter to Russia’s Constitutional Court asking if the introduction of advisory Sharia courts is lawful.In August, Makhmutov caused a stir by announcing the establishment of a Sharia court in St. Petersburg to rule on Muslim civil cases, the daily said. The Prosecutor’s Office of Admiralteysky district then sent a warning to him, noting that “judicial power is exercised in Russia exclusively by the state.”Prosecutors also demanded that the court where Makhmutov himself and his associate were self-appointed judges be dismantled. The activist responded by saying that he just wanted to solve small arguments according to Koran.“In the modern world, it is difficult to use Sharia law,” said the imam of the Central Mosque in Moscow, Ildar Alyautdinov. “The Muslims living in Russia understand that certain laws and customs exist here and follow them,” Ekho Moskvy radio quoted him as saying.The issue of Sharia laws and how they comply with our Constitution should be considered in the Constitutional Court, the imam said.Sharia law cannot exist in Russia according to the current legislation, said Pavel Krasheninnikov, chairman of the State Duma Legislation Committee to Ekho Moskvy. He stressed that the parliament’s lower house was not able to consider this issue either.Shamil Mugattarov, head of the coordination committee of St. Petersburg’s Muslims, said Makhmutov’s initiative “should not be taken seriously.” Another website, Regions.ru, quoted deputy mufti of St. Petersburg Ravil Pancheev as saying that Makhmutov’s decision to create a Sharia court “contradicts the constitution, which states that Russia is a secular country.”Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Saudi female poet defies men…and law.A well-known Saudi female poet mounted the platform and delivered her poems in a hall packed with men in defiance of tradition and protests by male organisers, Sahafaonline Arabic language paper reported on Thursday.Organisers of a poetry festival in the famous Okaz Souk (market) near the central town of Makkah told Badeia Kashgari to recite her poems while she is seated among a few women who attended the male-dominated event.“The organising committee asked her to respect tradition and deliver her poems while seated…but she refused their request and mounted the podium to recite her poetry in the hall that was packed by men,” the paper said.Heh...womens lib?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Is it because he's black?In Klein and Chesnoff's second piece, they look at the early breakdown of relations between President Obama and the Jewish community.The current Jewish problem with Obama can be traced back to his first full day on the job. On January 21, 2009, he summoned his national security team to the Oval Office and laid out a tough new policy toward Israel. According to our sources, Obama said that in order to make good on his campaign promise to extricate 200,000 American troops from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the U.S. had to create a grand coalition of "moderate" Muslim states and Israel to isolate Iran, which has made no secret of its ambition to become the nuclear hegemon in the Middle East.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- CAIR, Academic Scheme to Inflate Book Sales, University of Chicago Political Scientist Robert Pape.University of Chicago political scientist Robert Pape, whose research finds religious extremism has a limited role in suicide bombings, is working secretly with a suspected Hamas front to pump up sales of his new book, the Investigative Project on Terrorism has learned.Houriya Ahmed, a research fellow at London's Centre for Social Cohesion, said suicide terrorists don't fit into an either/or category. Terrorists may mention the presence of Western armies in Iraq and Afghanistan, for example, but their explanations invoke religious justifications, too:"Such people/groups operate through a religious prism - a political ideology that they see as religious and which dictates their worldview as well as their actions," she said. "Therefore, in this sense, Islamism - which they see as "true" Islam - serves as their main ideological force."Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Obama's blow-up over Ramat Shlomo.This is the third part of the Klein and Chesnoff piece about President Obama's relations with the Jewish community. This part deals with the Ramat Shlomo incident last March.The following day, during a 43-minute harangue, Hillary delivered a set of ultimatums to Netanyahu. Prefacing each remark with the phrase "I have been instructed to tell you," Hillary demanded that Israel release a substantial number of Palestinian prisoners as a token of goodwill; lift its siege of Gaza; suspend all settlements in the West Bank and Jerusalem; accept that a symbolic number of Palestinians be given the "right of return" to Israel under a future peace treaty; and agree to place the question of the status of Jerusalem at the top of the peace-talks agenda."If you refuse these demands," Hillary told Netanyahu, according to our sources, "the United States government will conclude that we no longer share the same interests.Ten days later, Netanyahu was invited to the White House, where he was treated to further browbeating and humiliation"Netanyahu and his entourage were then left to cool their heels in the Roosevelt Room. At one point, the Israeli delegation asked for something to drink and food. They were served non-kosher food, which some of them wouldn't eat.The White House seemed strangely indifferent to the feelings of resentment that its treatment of Netanyahu aroused in the Jewish community. For shortly after Netanyahu returned to Israel, the president risked provoking even greater Jewish outrage by insinuating that American troops were dying in Iraq and Afghanistan because Israel refused to agree to peace with the Palestinians.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Logitech unveils Google TV boxes.Revue is touted as a way for users to seamlessly access television programmes and web content on Google TV.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Terrifying moment 127th Nato fuel truck is blown up in a WEEK as Pakistan leaves our fuel convoys as sitting ducks for the Taliban.Thirty tankers carrying oil for NATO forces in Afghanistan have been destroyed after militants armed with assault rifles launched a seventh attack on fuel convoys.In the second attack within 24 hours, militants opened fire on oil tankers parked along a road in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, Pakistan, as they were making their way to a mountain pass into Afghanistan.Flames from the ruptured tankers were so fierce soldiers and medics have been unable to approach them to determine if there have been any casualties.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:BacktoBasics.Obama and co election fraud may be worst in US history.As the lawlessness of the Obama regime becomes evident to all who can think overseas, here at home it has metastasized throughout the body of our nation. Obama and his US Marxist Party (formerly known as the US Democrat Party) are working with increased speed and vigor to destroy all that once was the United States of America; to the point of Obama’s DOJ now openly flaunting both the upholding of equal-access voting laws and engaging in blatant election fraud.Continuing their arrogant attitude of “we have our jack boots on yours and your country’s neck and you can’t stop us!”, Obama and his minions have already bled We-the-People dry of most of our resources and are currently embroiled in their now-overt plans to negate our votes against our own enslavement to the tyrant. One of Obama’s protected emissaries Malik Shabazz — the same New Black Panther leader Malik Shabazz who said black people need to “kill white people and their babies” — has, apparently, been a regular guest at the Obama White House. Corrupt and violent minds think alike?If the historic actions and words of this regime are to be taken into consideration, dead people, family pets, illegal aliens and all other ineligible Marxist Democrats will be allowed to vote, while legitimate and eligible US voters will be denied. Note: This is the same regime that supports known terrorists, threatens US States and continues to suppress the US military vote.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Fleeing Somali women recount tales of terror.Amina Ahmed's letter, typed out in English by a fellow refugee, tells of a little known horror she and others endure in the tragedy that is Somalia's ongoing civil war: The rape, forced marriage and even beheading of women at the hands of the Islamist militiamen who have overrun much of their country."Women cannot move or sit outside. They can't even walk with their brother," says the aid worker."Unmarried women are forced to marry and if she refuses they say she's a non-Muslim. Many parents choose to send their girls away with relatives and friends so as not to be forced into marriage or raped."If a woman refuses a forced marriage, we have reports of them being beheaded and their head sent to their father."Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- 'You will all die': Crazed man's vow to terrified passengers as he tries to open exit door mid-air.Terrified passengers on a London-bound flight froze in their seats as a crazed man ran through the aisle of the Qantas jet screaming: 'You will all die!' Praying and yelling in a foreign language, the man threatened to kill himself and the passengers on the fully-laden jet several hours after it took off from Melbourne to fly to London via Hong Kong. Flight attendants managed to jump on the man and restrain him as he threatened to open an emergency exit door, shouting: 'It is God's will'.'He was praying in what was believed to be Hebrew and yelling out that he was going to kill himself and all the passengers would die,' said Helen, who had been sitting in Premium Economy. 'There was one lady that was quite upset. She moved into our cabin in Premium Economy because she said "I heard too much, I heard too much - I can't go back down there [into the main part of the cabin]".He was praying in what was believed to be Hebrew?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Rush is Wrong about Faisal Shahzad & Islamic Enmity.Islamic hatred of America is not a function of our system, our freedom, our foreign policy or our existence. It is a function of not being Muslim and rejecting Islam. The religious component of Islam is a fraudulent blend of plagiarized & distorted scriptures, apocryphal texts and ancient paganism. Because it is an impious fraud, it can not stand up to comparison or criticism. Islam can only respond with arrogance and violence. It must therefore eliminate all rivals. Islam can not tolerate the existence of a superior & more successful culture.Christians, Jews, Sabeans & Zoroastrians must be converted or subjugated as dhimmis; humbled, humiliated and extorted. Atheists & pagans must be converted or killed.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:WeaselZippers.Video : Krauthammer: Islam Will Not Dominate America, Europe’s a Different Story.Click here for comments.
- Growing ties between Turkey, China, Iran worry Israel and U.S.Turkey held military drill with China, after canceling with Israel; cooperation also reflected in weapons deals, with Iran buying from China mainly missile technology.The United States and Israel are watching with concern the growing military cooperation among Turkey, China and Iran, especially following a joint Turkish-Chinese air-force exercise last week.Turkey replaced the Israel Air Force with its Chinese counterpart. China sent Sukhoi SU-27 fighter aircraft and pilots to train with Turkey's F-16 fighters. In the past these exercises were held in relatively openness, but last week they were held covertly, with only a brief report appearing in the Turkish media after the exercise.The West has been watching the changes in the Chinese army's structure, and especially the long-range naval and aerial exercises that indicate Beijing's intention to acquire the ability to conduct warfare far from China's borders.The Chinese are also aggressively pursuing cyber warfare capabilities, employing some 60,000 hackers at it, according to foreign intelligence reports.The Obama administration protested Turkey's military cooperation with Iran after it was reported that the Chinese fighter planes were sent to Turkey via Pakistan and Iran.Get Turkey out of NATO NOW !Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:Foreignpolicy.Iraq: the unraveling again.I have no idea what is going on Iraq politically as we head into the seventh month of mucking around trying to form a government. Minor violence continues. U.S. troops are still getting shot at. And there is more evidence that Iran won the war in Iraq. Fouad Ajami says on the editorial pages of the Wall Street Journal that we are not to worry -- but are we to take his advice, given his "they'll greet us with flowers" track record?A " New Dawn"indeed remains to be seen who will be around to see it?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Saudi Arabia: conditional release for 12 Filipinos accused of proselytizing.Saudi authorities have conditionally released the Catholic Filipino migrant worker arrested on 1 October in Riyadh along with 11 other compatriots - released Oct. 3 -, while attending a Mass along with 150 foreigners celebrated by a French priest. At present, the 12 Filipinos have been entrusted to their employers and representatives of the embassy in Manila in Saudi Arabia are negotiating with the authorities for their repatriation. The fate of the others present at the Catholic mass remains unknown.In early September, a Filipino nurse employed at the Kharja Hospital died in hospital after being raped and left dying in the desert by her rapists. Two weeks later, again in Riyadh, three nurses in the National Guard Hospital were abducted and raped while returning from work and are now in serious condition.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Hundreds of Kenyan teachers sacked over sex abuse.More than 1,000 teachers have been sacked in Kenya for sexually abusing girls over the past two years, the authorities say.Senior government official Ahmed Hussein told the BBC that most of the victims were aged between 12 and 15.He said a nationwide confidential helpline set up to help victims had revealed that the problem was much more widespread than previously thought.Most of the cases have occurred in rural primary schools.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Socialist ‘Success’: Food Stamp Use Breaks Record.Woo Hoo! Food stamp use in America skyrocketed to a record 41.8 million Americans in July as the jobless rate almost hit a 27-year high, according to news reports.But wait! It gets even better! The Obama White House projects that in the federal fiscal year that started Oct. 1 an average of 43.3 million people, or more than one eighth of the U.S. population, will take in food stamps each month. That means more than1 in 8 Americans will be on welfare.Poverty pimp fist bumps all around! Socialist congressman Jim McDermott (D-Wash.) just told Ed Schultz that without food stamps America would be in “terrible” shape.The explosion in food stamps seems consistent with the Cloward-Piven Strategy of manufactured crisis (named after two anti-capitalist sociologists). It calls for packing the welfare rolls to encourage dependency on the government and to overload it with financial demands in order to hasten the collapse of American capitalism.This has always been the goal of ACORN, the radical group President Obama used to work for.To ACORN and its allies the American Dream is welfare and permanent dependency on government.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:Amnon&Jonathan.1,100 Attacks = 11221 Rockets.11221 Qassam Rockets and Mortars Fired (Combined) from Gaza.2010 has been the quietest year for Israel's southern communities, which have suffered over 1,100 rocket and mortar attacks since 2002. The IDF will continue to operate against terror in order to protect the citizens of Israel. The IDF holds Hamas solely responsible for rocket fire and any ot terrorist activity emanating from the Gaza Strip.Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer slams 'foreign interference' in immigration lawsuit.In a new twist in the fight over Arizona’s immigration law, Republican Gov. Jan Brewer on Tuesday asked a federal court to disallow foreign governments from joining the U.S. Department of Justice lawsuit to overturn the law. The move comes in response to a 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruling issued Monday, allowing nearly a dozen Latin American countries — Mexico, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru and Chile — to submit friend-of-the-court briefs in Justice’s challenge to SB 1070, which Brewer signed into law in April and is considered one of the nation’s toughest immigration-enforcement measures.“As do many citizens, I find it incredibly offensive that these foreign governments are using our court system to meddle in a domestic legal dispute and to oppose the rule of law,” the Republican governor said in a statement shortly after the state’s motion was filed Tuesday evening. “What’s even more offensive is that this effort has been supported by the U.S. Department of Justice. American sovereignty begins in the U.S. Constitution and at the border,” she added. “I am confident the 9th Circuit will do the right thing and recognize foreign interference in U.S. legal proceedings and allow the State of Arizona to respond to their brief.”Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Obama Remains Silent After ABC News Broadcasts Islamist Cleric’s Threat Of White House Conquest.President Barack Obama and his administration have spent the last twenty months attacking Fox News. In his interview with Rolling Stone Magazine, Obama even went so far as to claim that Fox News promotes :"a point of view that I think is ultimately destructive for the long-term growth of a country that has a vibrant middle class and is competitive in the world."Yet Obama has not objected to the television broadcast last Sunday on ABC’s talk show “This Week,” moderated by Christiane Amanpour, of a threat by her Islamic guest to essentially replace America’s self-governing democracy with Islamic rule.Anjem Choudary, former British solicitor and Muslim cleric spokesman for the group Islam 4UK, said on the ABC news program, without any real challenge from Ms. Amanpour, that an Islamic flag will one day be flown over the White House – i.e., over the American peoples’ house which Obama temporarily occupies and is entrusted to protect."Evidently, our President is too busy worrying about Fox News’ challenges to his failed policies to spend any time criticizing a TV network’s promotion and broadcast of an Islamic cleric’s mention of the flag of Islam flying one day over our White House.Hmmmm....luckely he has time too bash Israel?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Medvedev's 'Krysha'.Now, thanks to a new study by Olga Kryshtanovskaya, director of the Center for Elite Studies at the Russian Academy of Sciences Institute of Sociology and Gleb Pavlovsky, president of the Effective Politics Foundation, I have some hard numbers on the two leaders' respective personnel policies.According to Kryshtanovskaya and Pavlovsky, Putin replaced just 24 percent of the Kremlin administration during his fist two years in office. Medvedev, in contrast, has already replaced 63 percent of Kremlin bureaucrats as well as 40 percent of the country's governors. Under Medvedev, the average age of the country's regional bosses has fallen to 48 years old, down from 63 under Putin.The average age for civil servants now stands at 50, but as "Izvestia" reports, that figure is likely to go down because Medvedev is proposing reducing the maximum age from 65 to 50.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Girls wish Putin through erotic calendar.Lingerie-clad students from Moscow's most renowned university have posed in an erotic calendar proclaiming their love for Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, who turns 58 on Thursday.The calendar, called "Vladimir Vladimirovich, We love you. Happy Birthday Mr Putin," features twelve women wearing only underwear and pouting at the camera with saucy slogans.The women are all named as journalism students at the Moscow State University and a spokeswoman for the faculty confirmed to AFP that the models study there.Clad in a black lace negligee, Miss March, Lena Gornostayeva, wishes Putin a happy birthday with the message: "You put out the forest fires, but I'm still burning."Journalism faculty spokeswoman Larisa Bakulina slammed the calendar as a "work of erotic tastelessness.""We are not happy that they used the brand of the journalism faculty," she said. "It is tactless on the part of the publishers."Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
Posted by Will at 9:41 AM