Wednesday, October 6, 2010
- Indian Catholics fast for the synod and religious freedom in Saudi Arabia.Fr George Joshua, an Indian priest, leads the activity. He is an important figure in the struggle for the religious freedom of Indian Catholics living in Saudi Arabia. He tells AsiaNews about the suffering and abuses inflicted upon on the million Christians living in the Muslim country, where every religion other than Islam, is banned.More than 700 Indian Christians from the Christ Army for Saudi Arabia (CASA) are fasting and praying for the success of the Synod of the Churches of the Middle East and for religious freedom in Saudi Arabia. Fr George Joshua, an Indian priest who belongs to the Malankara rite, is their leader; he provides spiritual support to Catholic migrant workers from Indian living in Saudi Arabia.In 2006, Fr Joshua spent four days in a Saudi prison for celebrating Mass in a private home and was eventually expelled.“There is no religious freedom in Saudi Arabia and no official pastoral care for the over a million who live in the country, of which nearly 3 lakhs are Indian,” he said. One lakh corresponds to 100,000. “Recently, a French priest was picked up for celebrating Mass to various groups,” Fr Joshua said. “He was released only after many hours of interrogation.The only priest of Indian origin in Saudi Arabia is a certain Fr John, who caters to the needs of English- and Malay-speaking Catholics, Fr Joshua said.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:AmericanThinker.Why Americans Need to Support Geert.Freedom is the most precious of all our attainments and the most vulnerable. People have devoted their lives to it and given their lives for it. Our freedom in this country is the outcome of centuries. It is the consequence of a history that knows no equal and has brought us to where we are now.These patriotic words didn't come from one of Ronald Reagan's speeches, or even from the quill of Thomas Jefferson. They were spoken less than a year ago by a Dutch Member of Parliament (MP) named Geert Wilders. He's on trial in the Netherlands for "inciting hatred and discrimination." The above and following quotes are from his pretrial speech last January. In recess since June, the trial resumes this week, and we should all pay close attention.At least one prominent American political figure isn't afraid to publicly disagree. "Sharia is explicitly at odds with core American and Western values," Newt Gingrich has declared. "It is an explicit repudiation of freedom of conscience and religious liberty as well the premise that all citizens are equal under the law." According to Spencer, "Gingrich has become the first national politician to take notice that the threat we face today from Islamic jihadists is not simply terrorism." Let's pray Gingrich doesn't one day find himself hauled before an American court echoing the following words of the Dutch PM : Lady Justice wears a blindfold, but she has splendid hearing. I hope that she hears the following sentences, loud and clear: It is not only a right, but also the duty of free people to speak against every ideology that threatens freedom. Thomas Jefferson, the third President of the United States was right: The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Aussie wrestler loses silver after giving finger.Australian Greco-Roman wrestler Hassene Fkiri has been stripped of a Commonwealth Games silver medal for unsportsmanlike behaviour.The 36-year-old refused to shake hands with his Indian opponent, Anil Kumar, and made the obscene gesture at officials after losing the 96-kilogram gold medal bout.The bout ended when Fkiri received a third caution for rule breaches.Fkiri had appeared frustrated during the bout, at one point attempting to slap and headbutt Kumar.Mahabir Parsad, the coach of the gold medallist, said Fkiri's outbust was out of character for an Australian wrestler."All Australians behave very good but he lose his temper, so he did bad," he said."My wrestler was better and he frustrated your wrestler ... and [Fkiri] broke the FILA rules," he said.Read the full Story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:AmnonJonathan.Obama to Get the Shoe on Monday."Obama Effigy toGet the Shoe at Monday's Demo at US Embassy".Jewish protests against the the United States are usually polite affairs while Muslim protests often involve effigy-burning, shoe-stomping and other forms of acting out. However, a protest planned for 7:00 p.m. Monday outside the U.S. embassy in Tel Aviv could be a sign that Jews have begun taking some pages from the Muslim protesters' book. The event's organizers say they have prepared a large effigy of U.S. President Barack Obama, which protesters will hurl shoes at to protest the way Obama is "stepping all over us."The current American government's feeble Middle Eastern policyhas ultimately caused a substantial amount of damage to the State of Israel,"the organizers stated. "The policies, which are based on appeasing the Islamic states, have unsurprisingly increased hostility and tension in the region."The activists accuse the US of "blackmailing" Israel's leaders, "violating agreements" and lacking even "an ounce of regard towards the safety of Israeli citizens.""Ultimately," they say, "we bear no ill feeling towards the American public or the vast majority of the American leadership, and wish to strengthen the connection between both sides. In fact, it is this connection that inspires us to protest the current American policy - before the situation deteriorates and this connection ends."Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Iran has a Russian gun pointed at the U.S. from Venezuela.On September 23, 2010, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad gave a speech at the United Nations headquarters in New York stating that: “Some segments within the U.S. government orchestrated the  attack to reverse the declining American economy and its grips on the Middle East in order also to save the Zionist regime.”It may have been momentarily satisfying that the delegations from the U.S. and 32 other nations walked out on that bellicose and bizarre speech, but that small satisfaction quickly fades when one learns that Iran and Russia are mining uranium, building nuclear facilities, opening weapon factories, and placing elite Iranian military troops -- in Venezuela.In 1823, President James Monroe declared that the American continents were “not to be considered as subject for future colonization” by any other power. The Monroe Doctrine, as it came to be called, has always been a fundamental principle of U.S. foreign policy.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Wilders 'makes Muslims feel unsafe'.Muslims in the Netherlands say that remarks by politician Geert Wilders have poisoned attitudes toward them, according to complaints disclosed at his hate speech trial on Wednesday.Wilders is charged with inciting discrimination and hatred and with insulting a people on religious grounds, punishable with up to a year in jail and a fine.Wilders, who polls suggest is the Netherlands' most popular politician, denies any wrongdoing. He says that his opinions are protected by freedom of speech and endorsed by more than a million people who voted for him in national elections last June.He accused his judges of bias, but lost a motion this week to have them replaced. In an opening statement, he claimed his trial is political and he would remain silent in the Amsterdam court.The case is seen as a test of how far a politician can go in speaking negatively about a religion without unlawfully infringing on religious freedom. He has never called for violence.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- U.S. Supreme Court declines appeal of ban on religious music at N.J. schools."Silent Night" and other religious songs will remain off the program at holiday concerts in South Orange-Maplewood schools after the U.S. Supreme Court declined today to take up an appeal of the district’s ban on celebratory religious music.The nation’s highest court ended a case that dates back to 2004, by deciding not to hear the petition brought by Michael Stratechuk, a parent who sued over the policy that bars performance of religious songs.He also said that despite the district’s stated policy, prior to 2004 some holiday concerts did contain Christmas music. In 2003, for example, according to the petition, one holiday concert included "Joy to the World," "O Come all Ye Faithful," "Hark, the Herald Angels Sing" and "Silent Night."Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- This Supermarket "Health Food" Killed These Baby Rats in Three Weeks.Biologist Arpad Pusztai had more than 300 articles and 12 books to his credit and was the world’s top expert in his field.But when he accidentally discovered that genetically modified (GM) foods are dangerous, he became the biotech industry’s bad-boy poster child, setting an example for other scientists thinking about blowing the whistle.The results of Pusztai’s work were supposed to become the required testing protocols for all of Europe. But when he fed supposedly harmless GM potatoes to rats, things didn’t go as planned.Within just 10 days, the animals developed potentially pre-cancerous cell growth, smaller brains, livers, and testicles, partially atrophied livers, and damaged immune systems. Moreover, the cause was almost certainly side effects from the process of genetic engineering itself. In other words, the GM foods on the market, which are created from the same process, might have similar affects on humans.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:IsraeliCool.Fanning the Flames of Hatred.One of the dominant stories of the past few days has been the torching of the Beit Fajar mosque, presumably by those referred to as “settlers.” While there has been no definitive proof they were the culprits, almost everyone – including the Israeli Prime Minister and Defense Minister – is assuming this to be the case. Even some prominent “settler” Rabbis – one of whom I learned under in my younger days – have publicly condemned the attack and given palestinians a box of Korans as a gesture of solidarity.Perhaps Al Jazeera did not have footage from the latest attack, or the damage was less severe than that of the previous attack. Either way, they seem to be engaging in deceptive conduct in order to promote their anti-Israel agenda and incite people against Israel.They are aparantly reusingold footage to escalade tensions.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Analysis: G20 proximity talks needed to avert FX war.Careful calibration of a U.S. dollar devaluation looks to be the only way to avert the sort of currency war flagged by Brazil and others, leaving G20 powers the unenviable task of agreeing some control of the process.Robert Johnson, director of the Soros-funded Institute for New Economic Thinking, said G20 needs agreement on the size and pace of the currency shifts between three main groups -- the United States and major consumers; the big exporters of China, Japan and Germany; and a grouping of emerging exporters."There is competitive devaluation going on," said Johnson, a former director at billionaire George Soros' fund management firm and former economist at the U.S. Senate Banking Committee.Read the full story hereClick here for comments.
- Toxic Sludge Engulfs Hungarian Towns.Hungary declared a state of emergency after toxic mud spilled from a reservoir, dumping deadly chemicals on several towns. View shocking photos of the disaster.Read and see the whole thing here and here.More on the continues contamination here.Click here for comments.
- HT:AmericanThinker.Obama To Get Out of Dodge After the Election.More evidence Obama knows there will be a Democrat bloodbath at the polls: he has changed his schedule and is flying away for 12 whole days, just two days after election, and is going to the other side of the world. Those recriminations are not going to be fun, and its best to be an honored guest in places that feel honored to have a presidential visit."Fear has its use but cowardice has none" - Mahatma Gandhi.
Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:NewsRealBlog.Has Anyone Noticed That Islamists Have Threatened Notre Dame Cathedral?Considering that the leftist media immediately jumped into a mad rush to defend the right of Muslims to build a mosque at Ground Zero, one would think that Islamic threats against the Catholic Cathedral at Notre Dame would be making headlines.What threat could the Cathedral of Notre Dame possibly pose to Islamists? Where is the mad rush defending the right of Catholics to worship in peace? Why no outrage from so-called “moderate Muslims“? Why no statement from Catholic leaders on Islamic targeting of Catholics?If Islam were a religion of peace, we should now be hearing outrage not only through media sources but also from so-called moderate Muslims regarding all of the targets listed by Al Qaeda, but particularly in regard to the Islamic threat to the Cathedral at Notre Dame.If Islam is not about blowing up Catholic cathedrals, Muslims are failing miserably in getting that message out to the public. But you see, Islam really is about blowing up Catholic cathedrals and any other “threat” to Muslim domination of the world.Therein lies the problem.Meanwhile this is just another example of the results from "Interfaith Dialog".Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:MichelleMalkin.Obamacare waivers: Torquemada Sebelius spares McDonald’s, unions.After an embarrassing leak about the dire potential consequences of forcing one of America’s largest companies to abide by onerous Obamacare coverage mandates, HHS Secretary Kathleen “Torquemada” Sebelius decided that McDonald’s, a major teachers union, and several other firms deserved a break today.Old promise: Everyone gets to keep their health insurance.New promise: You can keep your health insurance…if you BEG hard enough for an Obamacare waiver.Will only high-powered, politically connected corporations and Big Labor groups be spared? Where’s the transparency in how these decisions are being made? Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:DanielGreenfield.Why Europe Still Doesn’t Get Islam.Like an old car starting up on a cold winter’s day, European governments have been slowly waking up to the realization that all those jolly Islamic people might be a problem after all. Unfortunately they don’t understand the dimensions of the problem. To them the riots, the bombings and the murders are only part of a culture clash, with challenges no different than any other minority group. That is why they prefer to focus on schools and burqas, while ignoring the violence. The thinking is that this is still a cultural problem that can be corrected with 3 drops of educational indoctrination, and 6 drops of enforced integration for the natives whose discriminatory attitudes are just making things worse. The problem is that their model is wrong.One cannot ignore the inevitable for long, only become numbed to it. That is the cooked lobster effect. Some European countries have developed a little sensitivity to a grave problem, but that is not nearly enough. Respecting Ramadan and dispensing Halal will not resolve it. They only define the latest parameters of European submission to an invading civilization. This is not a war of practices, so much as of assumptions. Europe’s Muslims have come to assume that the future belongs to them. Europe’s governments assume that everything will work out with a little pandering. Both groups need to be forced to change their assumptions, before it’s too late.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:Amnon&JonathanDON'T CROSS THIS LINE !Thousands will come to demonstrate in front of the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv, Whose purpose is to tell Obama directly:"Obama, there are red lines that friends do not cross, if you're really a "friend ", Stop now the pressure on us, you are approaching the red line which real friends do not cross"Demonstration will take place next Monday, the -11/10/2010, at 19:00 , in front of the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv.Bring signs,signs in English, flags of Israel, whistles, old shoes.Guidelines for signs and slogans in Hebrew and English:"The Jewish people will not agree to the establishment of a foreign state in the heart of Israel""Bibi, do not let Obama get us into the ghetto""America can give up Ground Zero, we will not give up the West Bank"Obama suffers from the "Erdogan"syndrome : Erdogan Sacrificed Turkey's relationship with Israel to reinforce its ties with Islamic countries - Obama,too.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Terrorist attack in Britain is 'very likely' according to extreme French Foreign Ministry warning.The French have issued their most extreme warning in recent years about the dangers of visiting Britain, saying a terrorist attack is ‘very likely’.A dramatic statement on the website of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs adds that visitors need to exercise ‘extreme vigilance’.This is especially so in world famous sites like London’s Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus, and on the capital’s public transport system.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Saudis arrest Filipino Catholics at mass: report.The dozen Filipinos and a Catholic priest have been charged with prosyletising.Saudi police raided a secret Catholic mass in Riyadh last week and arrested a dozen Filipinos and a Catholic priest, charging them with prosyletising, a local daily reported on Wednesday.The raid took place as some 150 Filipinos were attending the mass in a Riyadh rest house on Friday, the second day of the weekend in Saudi Arabia, Arab News said.Saudi Arabia bans the practice of any religion aside from Islam. However, small, low-key prayer services inside expatriate compounds and in Filipino gatherings are tolerated by officials.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:TeaAndPolitics.Spain: Burqa'd 18-year-old Sumaya can't listen to music, her husband says.And of course, the burqa is not really bad, as it has holes to let the air in.. Anyway, I know why he doesn't wear a burqa: he is so ugly I doubt really any woman in her senses would look at him.In the comments' section, some commenters say that she always goes behind her husband and that if the latter stops to speak to someone, she just stops too, but at a distance, as if she thought she was meddling in other people's business, and never utters a word.Sigh.......... like a docile housebroken ...dog.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Human rights group pushes for hate crimes legislation in Turkey.With hate crimes increasingly a problem in Turkey, civil society groups are working to highlight the issue in order to draft legislation that will both prevent more crimes and protect its victims.“Unfortunately, incidents of hate crime are on the rise. They vary from religious and ethnic intolerance to intolerance of differences related to disability and gender,” said Hakan Ataman, secretary-general of the Human Rights Agenda Association (HRAA) in Ankara.Mentioning the most publicized examples of such crimes, Ataman cites the killing of Father Andrea Santoro, a Catholic priest who was murdered in Trabzon in 2006; the assassination of Hrant Dink, a Turkish-Armenian journalist shot dead in front of his newspaper, the Agos weekly, in 2007; and the brutal killings of three missionaries in Malatya three months after Dink’s murder.The perpetrators of these crimes had traits in common: They were mostly under 18 and no older than 19, and they had ties to well-known ultranationalist groups.Later, a Catholic priest was stabbed in the stomach during a service at a Catholic church in İzmir. In other cities, police successfully prevented attempted murders.Hate crimes have not been widely studied in Turkey. One recent study in that regard is titled “Hate speech and hate crimes: Wounding words and acts,” completed by the Hrant Dink International Foundation, which organized a conference on the topic on April 9-11.The study, which looked into 24 newspapers with high circulation figures, found that the most targeted groups were Turkish citizens of Kurdish and Armenian ethnicity. Greeks, Christians in general and Jews were also often the subjects of news stories or columns that contained hate speech. The study considered bad language, defamation, insult, animosity, use of wartime discourse, exaggeration, ascription, distortion and stereotyping while examining the articles.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- West is being 'outspent, outmaneuvered and out-strategised by Islamic extremism, warns Blair.The former prime minister said that there had been a failure to challenge the 'narrative' that Islam was oppressed by the West which was fuelling extremism around the world.He said too many people accepted the extremists' analysis that the military actions taken by the West following the 9/11 attacks were directed at countries because they were Muslim and that it supported Israel because Israelis were Jews while Palestinians were Muslims.'We should wake up to the absurdity of our surprise at the prevalence of this extremism', he said.Moderate Muslims who believed in co-existence and tolerance were, he said, being undermined by the unwillingness of the West to take on the extremists' arguments.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Obama siezes the Gulf of Mexico through Executive Order.Today, Obama issued an Executive Order to take over the restoration of the Gulf Coast in order “…to effectively address the damage caused by the BP Deep Horizon Oil Spill.Was I watching a different spill? The damage wasn’t caused only by the oil; much of the damage was caused by dumping and spraying the highly toxic poison, Corexit, which our government refused to stop. The poison killed millions of fish as well as dolphins, whales and crustaceans.Today's Executive Order was similar to Executive Order 13366 issued on July 19 to sieze the Great Lakes for a similar purpose, to... ‘restore biological diversity…improve health of oceans, coastal and Great Lakes ecosystems and to support sustainable access to land.” The Great Lakes is overseen by the appointed Great Lakes Czar Cameron Davis, a former Chicago environmentalist.Protection of residents in both Executive Orders seems to be lacking.Both are considered to be serious violations of property rights.The Federal Government currently owns more than 30% of United States land and seems to be planning to take more. Military veteran and Blogger, Dave, of “Be A Patriot” points out that this power grab, masquerading as a feel-good, all-American recreation program, comes on top of a separate, property-stealing plan exposed by Rep. Robert Bishop (R-UT) and Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC) earlier this spring.All of these takeovers are part of the bigger picture...the United Nations/Obama plan to control all waterways, effectively, stealing land from Americans. It's called Agenda 21, and it's being implemented before our eyes.Can the Cheseapeake Bay,who Cazar is Chuck Fox, be the next land grab?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Turkey looks into claims over former F-16 pilot in al-Qaeda camp.Turkish officials said on Tuesday that they have been investigating news reports suggesting that a former member of the Turkish military was among extremists operating in Pakistan.“A senior official of Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence agency [ISI] told The Associated Press that there are believed to be ‘several dozen’ people with European citizenship -- many of Pakistani origin -- among the Islamic extremists operating in the lawless border area. The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not supposed to talk about classified information to the media, said foreigners in the area also include Chechens, Uzbeks, Arabs and Turks, one of whom was a former F-16 pilot in the Turkish Air Force,” the report said.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Shultz to Obama: 'You're out of your mind'.Former secretary of state blasts Afghan withdrawal date.Reagan-era Secretary of State George Shultz blasted President Obama Monday night for his scheduled July 2011 date to begin withdrawing U.S. forces from Afghanistan.Mr. Shultz, 89, made the unusually blunt remarks at a packed dinner for the International Republican Institute -- the GOP-aligned counterpart to the National Democratic Institute -- where he was receiving the organization's 2010 Freedom Award."You're out of your mind," he said at a question-and-answer forum, when asked his opinion of the president's drawdown date. "How can you say that 'if I haven't won by six or nine months from now, I'm leaving?' "Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:BigPeace.The Muslim Brotherhood’s Westward Infiltration.Part 11 of a serialization of Shariah – The Threat to America, the report of Team B II of the Center for Security Policy. This is a continuation of Part 10, concerning the Muslim Brotherhood’s penetration of Europe, setting the stage for the organization’s infiltration of the United States.After years of steady growth in Europe through the 1960s and ‘70s, the Muslim Brotherhood in the 1980s moved its European headquarters from Germany to the United Kingdom.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:Jihadwatch.Campbell's Soup goes halal with approval from Hamas-linked ISNA.ISNA has admitted ties to Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood. So why is Campbell's Soup rushing to do its bidding? "M-M-Muslim Brotherhood Good?," Campbell's Soup Canada is about to go halal.No biggie, right? Wrong. It is doing so under the auspices of the Islamic Society of North America, a Wahhabi-funded racket that is said to have ties to the Muslim Brotherhood....Our Halal-certified products have been chosen specifically to suit the flavour preferences of the Muslim community.How about the flavour preferences of the remaining 95 % of Canadians?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Video: UN Watch's Hillel Neuer slams Iran and Saudi Arabia after they expound on women's rights.
- Trucks Encircle ABC, CBS, NBC, Challenge ‘Liberal’ Media to ‘Tell The Truth’.Four billboard trucks bearing the message “Stop the Liberal Bias, Tell the Truth!” began circling the Manhattan headquarters of ABC, CBS, NBC, and the New York Times on Friday. The trucks will do so for eight hours every weekday for the next four weeks as part of a campaign run by the Media Research Center, a watchdog group that analyzes the media for liberal bias.Similar trucks also are operating in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, passing the offices of the broadcast networks, the Washington Post, CNN, the Newseum, the National Press Club and Politico, and ads about the campaign are running on numerous Web sites and on conservative talk radio programs.This “Tell The Truth!” campaign, he said, is, in the long run about his children and grandchildren. “It’s about generations to come,” said Bozell. “We’ve always been a nation where we left the next generation in slightly better hands than they were a generation before – and that’s not happening now.”“We stand to be the generation that will be asked by future generations, ‘Why didn’t you stop it?’” he said. “I want to be the generation that says, ‘We returned America to her greatness. There were those who wanted to destroy this country and there were some of us who said no.’ That’s what I want.”Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
- HT:GatewayPundit.Princeton Study Unintentionally Links Barack Obama to Current Financial Meltdown.In 1994 Barack Obama represented Calvin Roberson and ACORN in a lawsuit against Citibank, charging the bank systematically denied mortgages to African-American applicants. Obama worked against banks who denied mortgage loans to minorities.The case against Citibank was settled out of court. This lawsuit was one of a series of lawsuits that were filed by ACORN using “redlining and racism” allegations to lower credit standards.In 2007 Barack Obama actually said that, “Giving sub-prime loans to people who can’t afford them is a good idea."The article was a bit off. It wasn’t racism that caused the banks to loan to minorities. And, it wasn’t George Bush.It was liberal policy.Regardless, it all leads back to Barack Obama.What a shock.Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Pakistan's Extremists Are Carrying Out Their Own Decapitation Strategy.Pakistan's Pashtun-dominated Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Province witnessed another high-profile murder on October 2, even as most of the country was reeling from violence on a scale not witnessed in recent history.Muhammad Farouq Khan, a renowned scholar and an ardent supporter of nonviolent Islam, was the latest victim of the terror wave unleashed by armed men purporting to be Taliban or students of religious seminaries.Many observers believe the cold-blooded murder of the soft-spoken Farouq Khan inside his clinic was part of a plot to create the impression that this part of Pakistan is on the verge of being taken over by the Taliban, with the ultimate aim of squeezing more dollars from the United States and the international community.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Trump 'Seriously Considering' 2012 Presidential Bid.He's not exactly throwing his hat in the ring yet, but real estate mogul Donald Trump told Fox News on Tuesday that he's giving his first serious consideration to running for president in 2012.He suggested he has the "common sense" and, most importantly, the "finesse" to be commander-in-chief."I think my whole life has sort of been about finesse when you get right down to it. I mean it's -- what running a country is, is to a certain extent we have to bring principle back and we have to also bring common sense back," Trump said. "We have no common sense. We have no common sense. And we're losing this country. Mark my words, if we keep going this way, we're losing this country. It will no longer be great. It's not respected to anywhere near what it used to be.Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- 'German Taliban' video posted on al-Qaeda website.A recruiting video produced by German militants and posted on an al-Qaeda website has cast fresh light on how European Islamists are joining insurgents fighting in Pakistan's mountainous tribal areas.The 51-minute film shows German-speaking gunmen, armed with AK-47s, light machine guns and mortars, apparently taking on Pakistani troops in South Waziristan and Orakzai, areas close to the border with Afghanistan.They include a clean-shaven man of Caucasian appearance, who wears a baseball hat pulled low on his face and sunglasses.German authorities believe at least 70 German nationals have travelled to Pakistan for training, with about a third returning home.A drone strike on Monday killed eight militants, including possibly five Germans, according to Pakistani security sources, as part of a US surge in attacks to kill the plotters.Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Blind man barred from Dubai flight over disability.A blind American traveler says he was stopped from getting on a flight in Dubai on Tuesday because of his disability — a decision the government-run airline insists was a mistake it regrets."I was mad. ... I couldn't believe it," the 37-year-old information technology specialist said. "I tried to reason with them, but I just got a single cold answer."He left the airport and went to stay at a brother's house in Dubai until he could catch another flight out.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:TheLastCrusade.Gulen college opens in Chicago.Welcome to the American Islamic College, where students will be trained to take part in the creation of a universal caliphate and the international expansion of militant Islam.Alexander has also claimed that Hamas and their terrorist activities were really no different than what the “Christian evangelical right” has brought forth.Dr. Zaher Sahloul, president of the Council of Islamic Organizations of Greater Chicago, boastfully calls the college “a sleeping giant.”What happens when the giant awakes?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Coldest winter in 1,000 years on its way?After the record heat wave this summer, Russia's weather seems to have acquired a taste for the extreme.Forecasters say this winter could be the coldest Europe has seen in the last 1,000 years.The change is reportedly connected with the speed of the Gulf Stream, which has shrunk in half in just the last couple of years. Polish scientists say that it means the stream will not be able to compensate for the cold from the Arctic winds. According to them, when the stream is completely stopped, a new Ice Age will begin in Europe.So far, the results have been lower temperatures: for example, in Central Russia, they are a couple of degrees below the norm.“Although the forecast for the next month is only 70 percent accurate, I find the cold winter scenario quite likely,” Vadim Zavodchenkov, a leading specialist at the Fobos weather center.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Worker Spoke of Jihad, Agency Says.A New Jersey man accused of joining Al Qaeda in Yemen spoke openly of militant views while working at American nuclear plants, according to a report by the inspector general of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission that proposes tightening personnel security rules.The man, Sharif Mobley, who is charged by Yemeni authorities with murdering a hospital guard during an escape attempt in March, said he told others in his labor union: “We are brothers in the union, but if a holy war comes, look out,” said the report from the inspector general, Hubert T. Bell.His lawyers have admitted that Mr. Mobley was in contact with Anwar al-Awlaki, an American-born radical cleric in Yemen who has been linked to several terrorist plots and has called for attacks on the United States. But the lawyers have said Mr. Mobley denies being involved in any terrorist plot.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Poll: Two-thirds think stimulus was a 'waste'.Over two-thirds of Americans believe that President Obama's signature stimulus bill was a waste, a new poll found Tuesday. The figure suggests that the cornerstone of the Obama administration's agenda to bolster the economy has fallen flat with voters as elections loom in four weeks. The poll also hints that the White House's effort to sell the bill to the public has been far from successful.Republicans have hammered Democrats who supported the stimulus over the last 20 months, accusing them of wasting money while not creating jobs, while Democrats claim that hundreds of thousands more jobs would have been lost had the stimulus not been enacted.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:TheJawaReport.YouTube Suspends MEMRI TV Videos.It seems some vids are removed others are not.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Dutch Court Rejects Wilders Push to Change Judges at Muslim-Insult Trial."There are no weighty indications that the judges have given the impression of being prejudiced,” Judge Frans Bauduin, who was brought in to rule on the impartiality question, said at the court today. The trial, which was halted yesterday, will continue with the current judges tomorrow at 9 a.m. local time.“The words used by the presiding judge in that last sentence were chosen unfortunately,” Bauduin said. “They’ve given the requestor a wrong impression.” Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- This year’s winter may be the harshest – Polish climatologists.According to Polish climatologists, the Gulfstream- the Atlantic warm current, which protects Europe against the Arctic cold, is cooling fast. It might even disappear completely, they warn.Russian meteorologists disagree with the pessimism of their Polish counterparts, agreeing though that the speed of the Gulfstream has indeed been reduced two-fold for several years. The Scandinavian countries are already feeling the breathing of the Arctic.Explanation:Shutdown or slowdown of the thermohaline circulation is a postulated effect of global warming.Global warming could lead to an increase in freshwater in the northern oceans, by melting glaciers in Greenland and by increasing precipitation, especially through Siberian rivers.It is by no means clear that sufficient freshwater could be provided to interrupt thermohaline circulation — climate models indicate not, but research continues.In my opinion this is what is happening right now!Read the full story here and here.Click here for comments.
- Chief Negotiator for EU Criticizes MHP Leader's Prayer in Ani.Bağış said sarcastically that it was a good development that the MHP administration started praying and he advised them to read the Sura Al'Maida which warns those who show off during worship rituals.MHP Deputy Chairman, Mehmet Şandır, responded to the criticisms of Bağış and said that he should read the 51st verse of the Sura Al'Maida which states that one should not make friends with the Jews and Christians because they are each others' friends. He added that the sura adds that those who are friendly with them become one of them.Hmmmm....and these people want to enter the European union?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Beautiful: Having torn the health insurance industry asunder, Democrats appear ready to lay waste to the life insurance industry.Never mind that America has no static class structure -- the rich become poor and the poor rich every day of the week. Never mind that life insurance has protected those of modest means for centuries.Never mind all that. The progressives have American society to tear down. And more taxes to collect in their plot to redistribute everyone's wealth.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Obama Lied, Health Plans Died: 3M Retirees Lose Their Company Coverage, Get Shoved Into Medicare (Which, By the Way, Just Got Slashed by $500 Billion).Runner-up Headline: Dear 3M retirees: if you like your current health plan, too f***ing bad.Today's Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal reports that 3M is dropping its health coverage for retirees thanks to ObamaCare.Aren't glad you voted for in favor of Obama care?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:EmergingCorruption.Chicago’s ShoreBank morphs into Urban Partnership Bank to continue its progressive Green Agenda using FDIC funds.Chicago’s ShoreBank, known as the “Clintons’ favorite bank” and with close ties to the Obama Administration, which allegedly pushed Goldman Sachs and Citibank to underwrite it using $135 million of their TARP funds even as it reported losses, failed on August 20th but immediately reorganized itself as Urban Partnership Bank. Upon the reorganization, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) quickly handed over $367.7 million to keep the newly renamed bank’s doors open.Earlier in the year, the Illinois Financial Authority’s chairman, Bill Brandt, ignoring pressure from Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin and U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky to bail out ShoreBank and its toxic assets, literally passed the buck to the Feds when he hinted at potential political fallout and/or actual physical street violence if ShoreBank, whose executives were neighbors of the Obamas in Chicago, was not bailed out by the US Treasury.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Religious intolerance rising among Indonesian Muslims.About 57.8 per cent of Muslims oppose the construction of churches or other non-Muslim place of worship. Only 27.6 per cent accept that non-Muslim teachers teach Muslims. The absence of government policy and unrestrained schools and teachers are among the causes of the rising fundamentalism.The data shows that Muslim opposition to churches and non-Muslim religious buildings rose from 40.5 per cent to 57.8 per cent.In 2010, around 27.6 per cent of those surveyed said they did mind if a non-Muslim taught their children at school, a 6.2 per cent increase compared to 2008 (21.4 percent), but still lower than in 2007 (33.5 percent).According to PPIM executive director Burhanudin, greater intolerance is closely linked to Islamic fundamentalism, whose rise is directly related to the absence of policies to counter it in favour of a more moderate Islam.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Check-in areas at five major European airports among targets of terror plot as French arrest men with links to al Qaeda.A law enforcement official told ABC News that terror teams could have staged commando-style attacks on pre-security areas packed with travellers before they boarded flights.It comes after French police today arrested eleven men suspected of links to Islamic extremists, a police source said.The head of MI5, Jonathan Evans, spoke publicly last month about the continuing threat of terror attacks in the UK.In his speech he suggested that around 50 per cent of the plots identified had links to Pakistan – a decline on previous estimates that suggested the figure was nearer 75 per cent.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Americans explore, enjoy wonders of Turkey at Washington festival.The eighth edition of the festival was organized by the American Turkish Association of Washington, D.C, (ATA-DC) and took place at Freedom Plaza, near the White House. This year’s festival was titled “Explore the Wonders of Turkey in the Heart of D.C.”The festival’s visitors delighted in the Kolbastı, a regional folkloric dance known for its energetic steps and music, and other types of Turkish folk dances. Examples of traditional Turkish arts, including hat (calligraphy), ebru (paper marbling), çini (glazed ceramics), miniatures and carpet knotting that were on display in the culture and tourism tents also attracted many guests. Many visitors bought T-shirts featuring Turkish flags. A special section was opened to tell the story of the Ottoman Janissary soldiers. Visitors attentively listened to presentations about the clothes the Janissary soldiers wore, while some tried on the uniforms and took pictures.What they forgot to tell the spectators was :"The Janissaries comprised infantry units that formed the Ottoman sultan's household troops and bodyguards. The force was created by the Sultan Murad I from Christian male children levied (every five years, Turkish administrators would scour their regions for the strongest sons of the sultan's Christian subjects. These boys, usually between the ages of 10 and 12, were then forcibly taken from their parents and enrolled in Janissary training. The recruit was immediately indoctrinated into the ways of Islam.)through the devşirme system from conquered countries in the 14th century."Ambassador Tan said the festival was getting bigger and better each year.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Canadian Justice Minister Irwin Kotler blasts 'Human Rights Council'.Human Rights lawyer (without the scare quotes) and former Canadian Justice Minister Irwin Kotler rips the United Nations 'Human Rights Council' for its abuse of human rights.First, the council has turned a blind eye to the world's most serious human rights violators, failing to adopt any resolution or investigative mandate for such human rights violator countries as China, Cuba, Libya, North Korea, Russia or Iran, to name but a few -- all being listed on Freedom House's list of the 20 worst human rights abusers. While the UN General Assembly calls for countries to be elected to the council based on their human rights records, 24 out of 47 present members (51 per cent) fail to meet fundamental standards of democracy and human rights. in an appalling breach of its own principles and procedures, the UN Human Rights Council has institutionalised a permanent agenda item indicting one member state -- agenda item No 7, which speaks of "Israeli human rights violations in the occupied Palestinian territories" -- while agenda item No 8 speaks of "human rights violations in the rest of the world". Here is an Alice in Wonderland situation where the conviction is secured before the hearing begins.What, then, can be done in light of these assaults on the UN charter and the mandate of the Human Rights Council?Kotler has a list of suggestions. Sadly, so long as the UN operates on the principle of one nation, one vote, I don't believe any of Kotler's suggestions will work. The good guys will always be outvoted.I wish to God that more people like him were around .I salute his honesty and courage.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Gay Saudi prince 'strangled his manservant to death at top London hotel in sexually-motivated killing'.A gay Saudi prince killed his servant in a ferocious murder which had a 'sexual element', a court heard today.Saud Abdulaziz bin Nasser al Saud had previously subjected Bandar Abdulaziz to physical assaults and mistreatment, the Old Bailey was told.The 32-year-old victim was found beaten and strangled in bed at the London hotel room he was sharing with the prince on February 15.But CCTV footage from a lift at the Landmark hotel in Marylebone where they were staying showed the victim had been subjected to a 'really nasty assault' by the defendant himself on January 22, said Jonathan Laidlaw QC, prosecuting.It became clear to police that he had been killed 'in the privacy of the room he had shared with the defendant and when alone with him', the court heard.Further searches of CCTV footage revealed previous assaults on the victim by the defendant, Mr Laidlaw said.Mr Laidlaw told jurors the prince now admits carrying out the killing so it would be for them to decide if he were guilty of murder or only manslaughter.The 34-year-old denies murder and one count of grievous bodily harm with intent.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- MKs, rabbis rally against planned closure of West Bank synagogue.Some 200 rightists say government's decision to seal shul in El Matan but not mosque in nearby Palestinian village 'discriminatory.' MK Eldad: Selective enforcement of laws against Jews while ignoring Arab violations'."I am in favor of freedom of religion for Muslims and the construction of churches and mosques, but synagogue must be built in the Land of Israel first," Knesset Member Danny Danon (Likud) told the rally."It cannot be that there will be one law for Palestinians and another for Jews. I ask myself, if this is the situation at the onset of (Israeli-Palestinian) negotiations, what will be the dessert? I urge the prime minister (Benjamin Netanyahu) to intervene, because I have no expectations from the defense minister (Ehud Barak)."Yitzhar's rabbi, David Dudkevich wondered "how a Jewish state insists on sealing a synagogue under false pretenses, when that same state does not enforce the law at the Temple Mount, the most sacred Jewish site."Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- The Iranian freedom movement and Israel.Animosity toward the Jewish state has always been a common denominator between so-called reformist and hard-line Islamists in Iran.THE VOICE of Israel has been present in Iran via the Persian service of Radio Israel even before the revolution of 1979. Under the dictatorship of the mullahs, it became one of the most important sources of information for ordinary Iranians.The turning point was the socalled Kuds day in September 2009, when Iranians massively protested against the regime’s hate show against Israel. They countered the regime’s slogans “Death to America!” and “Death to Israel!” with chants against the allies of the Islamic Republic, Russia and China, and tore down solidarity banners for Hamas and Hizbullah. The popular rallying cry “No to Gaza, no to Lebanon, my life is for Iran” clearly expressed the refusal of the jihadi expansionism of the regime.In Europe and other parts of the world, hatred of Israel is an intellectual resentment and a tool to gain influence in the Middle East. For democratic Iranians, it is a vital matter of self-interest to renounce the terrorist foreign policy of the regime, which at the end of the day is exerted against them. Iranian society today is questioning everything the Islamic Republic stands for.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:TheEndoftheAmericanDream.This Is Starting To Get Very Real: Agricultural Commodity Prices Have Exploded And Now The Price Of Food Is Beginning To Rise Substantially In The United States And All Over The World.Do you believe that you will always be able to run out to Wal-Mart or to the local supermarket and buy massive amounts of inexpensive food? If so, you might want to think again. During 2010, agricultural commodity prices have absolutely exploded. Nearly every single important agricultural commodity has seen a double digit percentage price increase.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- İSAM head: ‘Open Aya Sofya to Muslims on weekdays, to Christians on Sundays’.Aydın said that as a Muslim he is disturbed to see that Aya Sofya is still closed to worshippers. “I believe the continuation of the culture of coexistence at Aya Sofya, which I hope will improve in Turkey, is more important and acceptable than its remaining as a museum. I’d like it, as a Muslim, to become a mosque. But if Aya Sofya is supposed to be opened to Muslim worshippers on weekdays, then it should be opened to Christians on Sunday.Again the Discrimination of Christians is obvious in their view of "Freedom of Religion".Are Christians to them such an inferior race? Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Saudi authorities stop 'Satanist' trade mark.Say skull and crossbones design is shaped in line with Satanists logo.It quoted a statement by the court as saying:”After viewing that trade mark, which was to be placed in some garments and shoes brands, the Diwan decided to ban that logo because it will create a mood of non-confidence and non-tranquility.”It added:”A logo containing a skull and crossbones symbolises cruelty, ruthlessness and hostility……it is our right to protect our nation from such symbols which constitute a flagrant violation of the system and public conduct.”Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- The Anti-Obama for President.In short, Bolton represents the anti-Obama. As an ....its time we went as far right as we did to the left when we elected [Obama]. This country needs the strongest leader we can find to take us back to being a world leader...Now that I think about it, perhaps a Bolton-Palin ticket would be the best way to drive the leftwing crackpots wild.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Congressmen Introduces Bill to Force Obama to Deploy at Least 10,000 National Guardsmen at Mexican Border.Rep. Ted Poe (R.-Texas), who served for 30 years as a Texas prosecutor and judge before being elected to Congress, introduced legislation last week designed to force President Barack Obama to deploy a minimum of 10,000 National Guard troops at the U.S. Mexico border for the specific purpose of patrolling the border and intercepting aliens and smugglers attempting to cross illegally into the United States.The legislation would allow the president to deploy more than 10,000 National Guardsmen, but not fewer.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:Moonbattery.Art Censored at Penn State for Being Critical of Islamic Terrorism.Penn State art graduate Joshua Stulman can't say he didn't get any knowledge for his tuition dollar. He learned quite a bit about the difference between a free society and one run by progressives.Stulman is surprised that the same moonbats who would support the rights of Nazis to march in Skokie, Illinois do not support the right to criticize the historical allies of Nazis. He still has some learning to do regarding liberalism.Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Senior Clerics' Websites Blocked In Iran.The websites of three senior Iranian clerics -- Ayatollah Yusef Sanei, Ayatollah Assadollah Bayat Zanjani, and Ayatollah Ali Mohammad Dastgheyb -- who have been critical of the Iranian establishment and the postelection crackdown have reportedly been blocked in Iran.All three have condemned the filtering of their websites inside the country in separate statements and comments. The websites include news related to the clerics, their views and statements, and also their rulings on different religious issues.Clerics who have criticized the human rights violations that followed last year's presidential election have come under increasing pressure in the Islamic republic.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:DanielGreenfield.Muslim Prayer Rugs and Jewish Orphans.On a late summer evening, Omar Rivera stumbled over to a local mosque, clutching a beer bottle in his hand and looking for a place to answer nature’s call. He chose the Al-Imam Mosque and proceeded to urinate around its exterior, where there were apparently some Muslim prayer rugs lying around. Omar had committed what was a fairly commonplace act of vandalism in the city, public urination. When suddenly he became the poster child for the rise of a “New Islamophobia”.Kill as many Jews as you want, but never piss on a Muslim’s sacred rug. Truly, Islamophilia has become the new Anti-Semitism.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:armedforcesjournal.Here are 10 things Americans don’t fathom about the Chinese navy.The U.S. maritime strategy charges the naval services to develop “cultural, historical, and linguistic expertise ... to nurture effective interaction with diverse international partners.” Unquestionably, no nation demands this expertise more than the People’s Republic of China. Its sheer size and pace of growth, coupled with a strategic stance that is often divergent from ours, demands attention, particularly in the maritime realm.It appears that both sides of the Chinese-U.S. relationship are still attempting to define each other in today’s post-Cold War world. Some people, such as retired Adm. James Lyons, former commander of the Pacific Fleet, see a “real and growing” Chinese threat in the Asia-Pacific region. Others, such as Thomas Barnett, argue that much deeper and broader military-to-military engagement is possible — even in areas such as Iraq and Afghanistan. The truth is somewhere between the two. Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Google's Bizarre Blacklist.Ever since Google unveiled its new search function, hackers have been compiling a list of banned words, including Latina and “meats.” Brian Ries talks to some of the blacklisted.Somewhere hidden deep within Google’s massive cache of servers, there is a blacklist unlike any other. For starters, it contains enough sexually suggestive terms to make any 15-year-old boy’s head explode. But there are also some unexpected words, like, say, Latina. And hidden from public view, the official version will never see the light of day.But over the past few weeks, a group of hackers in New York City has been trying to crack the code.The list started with Google’s new search function, Google Instant. Introduced in early September, it shows results as you type—as opposed to waiting for you to press enter. It works like a telepathic Internet concierge, hoping to send you along to the most relevant results on the Web.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:TheSmokingGun.Pants On Ground Prompts Bullet In Butt.Police: Suspect shot teen for saggy walking in Memphis.Incensed when two teenagers ignored his demands to pull up their saggy pants, a Memphis man allegedly shot one of the youths in the back, according to police.Bonds allegedly pulled out a pistol and fired a shot at the older boy. The shot missed, but as the boys fled, Bonds continued firing at them. One bullet hit the 17-year-old in the buttocks and exited through his thigh (the boy was treated for the wound at two different hospitals).God they should give the guy a paintball gun and let him patrol the city.Read the full story here ,especially the comments are worth while!Click here for comments.
Monday, October 4, 2010
In 1958 Robert Welch founder of John Birch Society disclosed in a speech that America is going to be destroyed from within. Mr Welch goes on to tell how this will be done and destroying our liberties.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Netanyahu under pressure to reject American deal outright.Prime Minister Netanyahu has rejected at least one offer of a package deal in return for an extension of the 'settlement freeze.' But he has yet to reject an extension outright and under any circumstances. On the other hand, most Israelis are opposed to any extension of the 'settlement freeze.' And so when reports started surfacing Sunday of Likud ministers who may be willing under certain circumstances to vote for an extension, the Likud ministers made a mad rush to the exits. Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:TheFoxNation.Guess Which Network Obama Talks to Most? Last week, President Obama sat down to chat with NBC's Matt Lauer, marking the president's 25th interview with a peacock property.We looked at how many interviews the networks have been given since Obama took office and, not surprisingly, Fox came in last. Here's how they fared : 25 - NBC (including CNBC, MSNBC); 16 - ABC; 15 - CBS; 8 - CNN (including CNN Espanol); 4 - . Source.Click here for comments.
- The global mad grab for Arctic oil. Russia and the United States are among the nations laying claim to the last fossil-fuel frontier, but there are good reasons to ban its exploitation.LONDON - If we didn't already have the phrase "Cold War," we'd have to invent it to describe the power struggle taking place for Arctic Ocean resources.The world has seen how Putin's Russia uses energy as a weapon of power politics. That Putin believes Arctic disputes can be resolved amicably is about as plausible as believing he has genuinely handed over power to President Dmitry Medvedev.In truth, the Russians are planning to grab control of as much of the Arctic as they can. But so are Canada, the U.S., Iceland, Denmark and Norway. If the Chinese can think of some plausible reason for saying it is theirs, no doubt they will be there soon as well.There are two good reasons to place a ban on Arctic mining.A ban on mining and drilling in the Arctic is the only way. For a few more barrels of oil, it's not worth the risk.Hmmmmm....the oil Russia is promising in the future to China will have to come from somewhere?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Russia increases combat capabilities in Arctic.Russia is currently increasing its combat potential in the Arctic with new ships and additional station sites, Navy Commander Adm. Vladimir Vysotsky said on Saturday.Russian naval ships and submarines have already conducted over ten military patrols of the Arctic in 2010, Vysotsky said."In accordance with the Russian Armed Forces' plan of strategic deterrence we take measures aimed to demonstrate military presence in the Arctic," the navy commander said.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Legitimacy of Islam at heart of Tenn. mosque suit.That's he dispute at the heart of recent hearings in a lawsuit aimed at derailing the new Islamic Center of Murfreesboro. What started as a zoning issue has turned into a fight over theology and the role of government in recognizing religion.Mosque opponents say that Islam is not a real religion. They argued in a Rutherford County courthouse last week that the world's second-largest faith, with its 1.6 billion followers, is actually a political movement."There are all kinds of fights over what is a religion and what isn't," said Charles Haynes, a senior scholar at the First Amendment Center. "Islam is not one of them."For the most part, he said courts and government officials steer clear of trying to define religion."You can believe anything you want," Walker said. "But we are not going to let your kids handle snakes or let you practice revenge killing or other illegal activity."Walker also said the Constitution prohibits the government from enforcing religious law - Christian, Muslim or any other faith.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Insurance For Pre-Existing Conditions Expensive Under ObamaCare.But the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan started this summer isn't living up to expectations. Enrollment lags in many parts of the country. People who could benefit may not be able to afford the premiums. Some state officials who run their own "high-risk pools" have pointed out potential problems.But, of course, these companies are all evil for actually wanting to make a profit. I challenge all liberal owners of business to stop making profits, putting every cent into paying higher wages and awesome health insurance. Basically, turn your company, the one you use to feed and water your family, the one that allows you to live well, take vacations, and plan for retirement, into a non-profit.Stop going out to eat, stop taking vacations, and stop living well. Live the life you say every other company should live.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:TheJewishOdysseus.Has the media reached a turning point a bad one on Islam?This weekend appears to mark a turning point in Islam’s war against America. This weekend, the lamestream media, via ABC News, officially declared its allegiance to Islam.On Friday night, Diane Sawyer and Bill Weir hosted a laughably shallow and juvenile (and one-sided) “special,” "Faith and Fear: Islam in America.” And today, the absurdly miscast and undertalented Christiaaaaane Amanpooooouuuuur ran an even worse “town hall“ show, “Holy War: Should Americans Fear Islam?”But is there any doubt that an effort premised on the idea of pushing shariah-goodness to the descendants of Jefferson, Washington, and Patton is headed for a flaming crash to rival the Hindenburg?!Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- EDL 'to defy' government ban on Leicester march.The English Defence League (EDL) says it plans to defy a government ban on a planned march by the right-wing group in Leicester.Home Secretary Theresa May authorised the blanket ban on any rallies in the city on 9 October following concerns about public disorder.A counter-demonstration was planned by Unite Against Fascism (UAF).The EDL called the move an infringement of its human rights and said it would march on Saturday.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- America's European terror alert only helps sow panic.The warning doesn't even specify a country, much less a city, and essentially tells citizens that it's every man for himself.Hmmm...the "October Surprise"..don't worry i'm in control....anything for a vote?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Self-Aiming Sniper Rifles Coming Next Year.A sniper crouches near an open window and zooms in on his target, who sits a half-mile away. He peers through a scope and holds his breath, preparing to squeeze the trigger. But it’s windy outside, and he can't afford a miss. What to do?Clearly, he needs a self-aiming gun. Fortunately, one should be available next year.Using the One-Shot system, under development by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), a new electro-optical system will calculate the ballistics for him, telling him where to aim and ensuring a perfect shot -- no matter the weather conditions.During the project’s first phase, which started in 2007, Lockheed developed a down-range system that measured average crosswind; range to target; spotter scope position; air temperature, pressure, and humidity; and more, according to Military Aerospace. Using all those variables, the company calculated the ballistics for a .308 bullet at ranges as far as 3,600 feet.Lockheed is supposed to deliver 15 field-testable prototypes by next October.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:WeaselZippers".“One Nation” Official Website Using Picture of MLK’s “I Have a Dream” Rally in Place of Their Own.Hmmmm.....must be for them...."I Have a Nightmare?"Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:BlazingCatFur.Canada:Imam Zijad Delic's Islamic History Month Advisory Board : Includes Mohamed Elmasry, 911 Truther, Louis Farrakhan Fanboy, Muslim Brotherhood Member.If indeed Imam Delic of the Canadian Islamic Congress is the moderate he claims he may wish to moderate his acquaintances.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:WeaselZippers.Somalia: Hundreds Watch Al-Shabaab Chop Teenager’s Hand, Foot off After Sharia Judge Finds Him Guilty of Robbery.“Sharia law is like the Declaration of Independence, therefore America is a sharia-compliant state” - Ground Zero Mosque Imam, Feisal Abdul Rauf…Hmmmm......the medical care after the decapitation,would that be covered under Obama care?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Army embeds active-duty PSYOPS soldiers at local TV stations.The U.S. Army has used local television stations in the U.S. as training posts for some of its psychological-operations personnel.The relationship between PSYOPS, Training With Industry, and television news operations has stirred controversy in the past. In 2000, after a Dutch newspaper reported that PSYOPS troops had been placed in CNN's newsroom under the program, CNN discontinued the internships and admitted that they had been a mistake. "It was inappropriate for PSYOPS personnel to be at CNN, they are not here now, and they never again will be at CNN," a spokesperson said at the time.WRAL and WTOC are not alone among media outlets that the U.S. military has sought to learn from through Training With Industry. The Upshot has previously reported that the Marine Corps placed public affairs officers with the Chicago Tribune for several years in order to better understand how to influence and work with the news media, and CNNMoney.com hosted an officer in 2007 and 2008, despite the network's embarrassment over the program in 2000.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:HIDF.New Zealand TV host apologizes to Indian-origin Gov Gen for racial slur. Prominent New Zealand broadcaster Paul Henry today apologised after he triggered a race row involving the country’s Indian-origin Governor General Sir Anand Satyanand, a media report said. While interviewing New Zealand Prime Minister John Key this morning, Henry asked whether Satyanand was a New Zealander or not. "Is he even a New Zealander?" Henry asked Key. "Are you going to choose a New Zealander who looks and sounds like a New Zealander this time… Are we going to go for someone who is more like a New Zealander?" Henry quizzed the Prime Minister, who appeared taken aback."I sincerely apologise to the Governor General, Anand Satyanand for any offence I may have caused," Henry was quoted as saying by ‘New Zealand Herald’. "I am aware that Sir Anand has made an outstanding contribution to New Zealand. Anyone who knows anything about me will know I am a royalist, a constant defender of the monarchy and the role the Governor-General plays in our society," the statement said. "If my comments have personally offended Sir Anand, I regret it deeply," the daily said. Meanwhile, Green Party human rights spokesman Keith Locke said Henry’s apology "falls well short of the mark". "He has not recognised that his comments were deeply insulting. It was not good enough for him to simply say he regrets it ‘if my comments have personally offended Sir Anand’," said Locke.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:WeaselZippers.Geert Wilders Trial Adjourned After Judges Charged With Bias.The hate speech trial of Dutch anti-Islam MP Geert Wilders was adjourned for 24 hours shortly after opening in Amsterdam on Monday as he called on the judges to recuse themselves on the grounds of bias.After a brief initial statement in the morning in which he defended his right to free speech, Wilders announced to the court that he would invoke his right to remain silent and not answer any questions.This moved presiding judge Jan Moors to observe that Wilders has often been accused in the media of making wild statements and then avoiding the discussions they evoked, adding “it seems as if you’re doing it again”.Wilders then sought the recusal of Moors and his two assistants, claiming they had demonstrated bias against him.“Inappropriate, even scandalous”, Wilders told the court of the statement, adding: “In my opinion, a fair trial is no longer possible”His lawyer Bram Moszkowicz said the incident has “created an impression of partiality”.“We will now retire to consider” Wilders’ application, said judge Frans Bauduin, the chairman of a special panel of judges hastily convened to hear the recusal bid that interrupted Wilders’ trial.A ruling on the recusal is to be made at 2:00 pm (1200 GMT) on Tuesday, said Bauduin.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Fox News Executive: “We Are So In Obama’s Head”….Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation is playing a larger and more directly partisan role in this year’s elections than it is known to have played in any previous American campaign.The news late Thursday that the company, whose holdings include the Fox News Channel, The Wall Street Journal and The New York Post, had given $1 million to a business coalition that is advertising heavily against Democrats came roughly two months after election filings showed that its News America division had given $1 million to the Republican Governors Association.An executive at Fox News who agreed to be interviewed on the condition of anonymity expressed amusement over Obama’s focus on the network.“We are so in his head,” he said. “Can you believe with all other things going on in this world he’s preoccupied with Fox News?”Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Poll dress diktat for Kerala Muslim women.The Indian Union Muslim League has asked women contesting local body elections in Kerala to “dress according to Islamic norms”, though it stopped short of spelling out the word burqa.The IUML, which has always claimed to be a secular party, insisted the code was aimed at maintaining “religious discipline”.Party state secretary K.N.A. Qader said the code shouldn’t come in the way of “contesting and carrying out the duties” of a representative. “Muslim women are present widely at campuses and workplaces but that should not stop them from following religious orders,” said the advocate.Asked if the dress code wouldn’t hamper individual freedom, Qader said it was only to ensure that they followed their “faith and rites”.Sources said the Muslim Women’s League, the women’s wing of the IUML, had opposed the code but was left with no choice but to obey the “elders”.IUML members countered, saying if the party was “orthodox”, it wouldn’t have allowed women to enter politics. “There are many in our society who feel that women entering politics is haraam (un-Islamic),” Qader said.The opposite of evolving....regressing?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.