- Left-Wing Crazies Take Their Turn.The One Nation rally Saturday fell far short of Glenn Beck’s march, in terms of numbers and enthusiasm, but John Avlon, author of Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America, reports that it mirrored it in one key way: plenty of wingnuts.The stated intention of the One Nation rally was to promote an “antidote” rather than just a left-wing “alternative to the Tea Party,” according to NAACP President Benjamin Jealous. The reality fell far short of that unifying goal.Instead, the rally offered a snapshot of the fragile coalition that is the contemporary far left—a dizzying array of activist organizations and identity politics, with financial muscle provided by the labor unions who bused their members in.The curious migration of anti-Semitism to the left was evident in signs that read “End All U.S. Aid to the Racist State of Israel” and “Fund Jobs, Not Israel.” I cringed as these marchers crowded past a group of World War II vets from Columbus, Ohio, being wheeled to their war memorial as part of the excellent “Honor Flight” program.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:thevirtuousrepublic.Extremist Groups Which Endorsed Today’s One Nation Working Together March.Do you wonder who is the Democratic base? Do you wonder who supported and endorsed today’s leftist march on Washington? Do you wander which groups One Nation Working Together associates itself with? Of course the answer is hard core leftists!Here’s the list of all the endorsing groups from the ONWT website.Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- More scope for UAE-US partnership: Sheikha Lubna.UAE and US are reliable allies, with shared security and economic interests."While the UAE has a strong relationship with many of the large US defense and aerospace companies, there is more scope to provide multiple sources for parts, and even a measure of self-sufficiency by creating capability at home, and creating jobs and a future for people in these sectors,”The event was organized in honor of the visit of the US Aerospace & Defense Trade Mission to the UAE this week.“The UAE and the US are reliable allies, with shared security and economic interests, Sheikha Lubna added.''This is due to the fact that the UAE is a source of stability, tolerance, innovation, and growth in the Arabian Gulf and around the globe,” she said.Hmmm.....creating jobs in the U.A.E. while demantling NASA jobs at home?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:LegalInsurrection.A Call For Photos From The "One Nation" Rally In Washington.Photos of communist and socialist participants.But not just any photos of communists and socialist participants, because that would be too easy.No, the photos I want are of communists and socialist participants which appear in the mainstream media.Wow....it might be easyer to get a few UFO's?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Muslim woman sacked from estate agency for REFUSING to wear a headscarf.A Muslim woman has been awarded more than £13,500 after she was sacked for refusing to wear a headscarf at the estate agency where she worked.Ghazala Khan - a 31-year-old non-practising Muslim - was fired less than two weeks into her job at a company run by traditional Muslim businessman Masood Ghafoor simply because she refused to cover her hair.Mr Ghafoor told Miss Khan, who had nine years experience in the trade, that his wife and female relatives all wore full veils or burkas, telling her that her parents had given her 'far too much freedom'.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Serbian Patriarch Enthroned In Kosovo Church Amid Tight Security.Thousands of faithful Serbs gathered in the Kosovo town of Pec to attend the enthroning ceremony of the head of Serbia's Orthodox Church, Patriarch Irinej.The 80-year-old Patriarch Irinej succeeded Pavle after his death in November 2009. The first part of the two-stage enthronement ceremony took place in Belgrade in January.The ceremony, attended by Serbian President Boris Tadic and other high-ranking officials, is the first of its kind in the ethnic-Albanian-dominated town of Pec since Kosovo declared independence from Serbia in February 2008.Security was tight as around 900 Kosovo police were deployed around the church's picturesque mountain location, said Amra Zejneli, an RFE/RL correspondent in Kosovo.NATO-led peacekeepers and the European Union's police mission were alongside local police forces to ensure security."According to the police, around 2,500 pilgrims came from Serbia to witness the ceremony," Zejneli said. "Also, Serbians from central Kosovo arrived in several buses. Some people also came from Montenegro.""Outside the church, there is a big plasma screen, where people can see what's going on inside the church. You can see various people here, some very very old, some middle-aged, and some very young," Zejneli said.Irinej arrived in Pec on October 2. He urged both ethnic Serbs and ethnic Albanians to find a solution to Kosovo's contested status.These are "very, very difficult times" for Serbia, the patriarch said.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:AmericanThinker.We Allow Them to Blackmail Us -- Islam vs. the West.The Muslim world does not have to fire a single shot; the Western world is capitulating to the Islamists' every demand. Three recent events show the continuing and relentless interplay among Islamists worldwide.The latest assault is playing out in Spain. La Meca, a popular "discotheque in southern Spain, has agreed to change its name and architectural design" because of pressure from Islamic extremists who find the name of the discotheque and its design "offensive and insulting to their religion."Bat Ya'or explains that this "tacit, non-comprehended acceptance of shariah's dictates" in essence "puts the Western public sphere in the position of conforming to one of the basic rules of dhimmitude: the express prohibition of Christians and Jews to criticize Islamic history and doctrine."We must identify, recognize and defeat every facet of shariah's designs and the people who promulgate it. We must begin to educate ourselves about this existential threat.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Michelle Obama threatens to divorce Barack Obama if he tries to seek second term.Michelle Obama has threatened to divorce Barack Obama if he tries to seek a second term as president. That is the report according to well-placed and insider sources from the National Enquirer, who work in the nation’s capital. This report of strife and all-out threat-making in the Obamas’ marriage is not the first time that reports have arisen, which detail that not everything is well in Obamaland. Earlier this year, reports emerged that Barack Obama himself—also known by liberals everywhere as either "The Messiah" or "The One"—had engaged in a sordid affair with none other than a former campaign aide by the name of Vera Baker. While there have only been reports of said alleged affair, if true, it would mean that the apple did not fall far from the tree, seeing as how Barack Obama Senior (anti-colonial socialist that he was) had many affairs himself.According to the Enquirer’s reporting, the Obamas’ marital spat happened just recently, after they had returned with their little daughters in tow from their "well-deserved" vacation on Martha’s Vineyard (during which time America continued to suffer from double-digit unemployment, uncontrolled illegal immigrants encroaching into the country, and increasing, rising costs of health care insurance). During their spat, Michelle was reported to have broken down in tears—so fed up was she with Barack—and climaxed the quarrel by screaming, "I hate you for dragging me through all this…I’ve had enough!"If this report accurately details what occurred between the Obamas, then sympathy is in order for Michelle. After all, poor baby, she has had it really hard considering all those lavish trips to Spain for vacation (while many Americans struggled with double-digit unemployment stateside), volunteering at food banks while wearing her ultra-trendy $540 dollar sneakers (while more Americans continue stopping looking for work), and defaming America as a mean country!Read the full story here.Click here for comments.