Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Turquaze Trailer : viewer discretion advised.
HT:IslaminEurope.Antwerp: Older Turks shocked by multicultural movie.(NL) during the premiere of the Belgian-Turkish film Turquaze in Antwerp Sunday, since the love scenes were too explicit, certainly for the first-generation Turks. Several men later returned to get the women. Turquaze, the first feature-length film by director Kadir Balci, will start playing in all theaters Wednesday.The film is about a Turkish family in Ghent, where one of the sons has a relationship with a Belgian woman. A mostly Turkish public saw the film premiere Sunday in a theater in Antwerp. The intercultural love relationship in particular was cause for the due hostility. Some of the spectators left the hall in protest.The Flemish Minister for Equal Opportunities, Pascal Smet (sp.a), saw the movie last week (NL) and wants as many Turkish-Flemish to watch it. Smet says that the film and the cast are a 'reflection of our immigration society' and offer answers for pertinent questions.Read and see the full story here.
- Iran has a heart: 'Stoning woman' to be hanged instead.The Iranian woman who became the center of an international outcry after being sentenced to death by stoning for adultery is to be hanged for murdering her husband, local media reported Tuesday.The new fate planned for Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani was announced by Iran’s national prosecutor general, Gholam-Hossein Mohseni-Ejei, at a news conference in Tehran Monday.“According to the court’s ruling, she is convicted of murder and her death sentence has priority over her punishment [for committing adultery]”, the Tehran Times reported, citing Mohseni-Ejei.The newspaper said that the prosecutor’s remarks mean Ashtiani -- an illiterate 43-year-old Azeri mother of two whose husband was killed by her cousin -- will not be stoned to death for committing adultery because she should first be executed for murder.Sounds like the Middle Ages all over again."First quarter them, then hang them?"Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Terrorists form alliance for attacks during the Commonwealth Games.Leaked police documents show that two extremist groups in possession of explosives and planning attacks during the Commonwealth Games in Delhi.The Indian intelligence gathered the information mainly through phone taps. The Delhi Police will be in the interest of safety not officially comment on the document that the header "strictly confidential"In one of the pieces is, however, describe how the intelligence of an attack two collaborating groups fear.The Mars-organization, which comes from Delhi, would have entered into an alliance with the Maoists in eastern India. Through cooperation, the terrorists have been able to obtain explosives for an attack in Delhi. "Talks between the two groups suggest that the Delhi-based group explosives and detonators supplied to the Maoists, specifically are made for an attack during the Games," write terror specialists. "The purpose of the attacks,is to take over the Commonwealth Games."Anonymous investigators called the new information "absolutely terrifying."The only thing we know for sure is that there are people walking around who are firmly committed to the athletes to attack, and that they have the means to enforce their intentions." Read the full story here(Google Translate).Click here for comments.
- HT:Breibart TV.New Black Panther King Shamir Shabazz: Whites Use Black Babies as Alligator Bait.This is the man the Obama/Holder Justice Department chose to let off with a slap on the wrist.Ahmadinejad met with the New Black Panthers a few days ago. That puts everything into perspective now. Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:InfidelBloggers.Iran 'launches radar-evading flying boats'.Iran's state television says the country's powerful Revolutionary Guard has received its first three squadrons of radar-evading flying boats. The report says the domestically made craft can be used for surveillance and can carry guns and transmit data.Its production is part of Iran's effort to boost its arsenal and military capabilities, despite international sanctions over the country's controversial nuclear program."Bavar-2 is a surface-moving flying boat and performs patrol and reconnaissance missions on the sea," Brig Gen Vahidi said, according to Fars News Agency, Iran's semi-official news agency.He added that the vessels are equipped with machine gun, night vision and reconnaissance equipment to record and send images and data.Iran's military achievements cannot be independently verified.Looks like a crossbread of a dinghy and an Sukhoi Ekanokran Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Senior Jihadist Cleric Abu Muhammad Al-Maqdisi: All in the West Will Bear the Consequences of Koran Burnings, Mockery of the Prophet; There Will Be More Muhammad Attas and More Zarqawis.Abu Muhammad Al-Maqdisi, the most influential religious scholar among global jihadists, has published a new article in which he warns the United States and other Western countries that they will be subject to attack as a result of the recent Koran burning controversy and other violations of Muslim sanctities. The main point of his article is to state that the populations of these countries on the whole are to be held responsible and punished for the anti-Islamic acts of individuals.A perfect example of "Interfaith dialog?".Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Children Under Sharia Law, Part 4: Kids See Dad Killed, Forced to Convert and Train for Terror.It boggles the mind how much of the Left-leaning media is still arguing that Sharia is not so bad. The strict enforcement of Islamic law all over the world brings slavery, violence, and destruction. Children are often the hardest hit target, as the situation in Somalia in recent weeks has shown.In the last couple of weeks a few small news organizations began to report on a Christian family being attacked in this East African nation. On July 21, 2010 Al-Shabaab insurgents broke into the home of Osman Abdullah Fataho and shot him dead in front of his wife and 4 children. Fataho was a Muslim convert to Christianity and was a leader in an underground church group. The Al-Shabaab then told the wife that she could go but they were keeping the children.Why would the Al-Shabaab movement keep the kids of the man they just murdered? Their goal was to brainwash them into converting to Islam and then train the children as terrorists to help enforce Sharia. Abducted were: 5-year-old Ali Daud Fataho; 7-year-old Fatuma Safia Fataho; 10-year-old Sharif Ahmed Fataho and 15 year-old Nur Said Fataho.“We know they have taken the children to brain-wash them, to change their way of life from Christian to Muslim and to teach them the Quran,” an anonymous source told Compass Direct News.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:WeaselZippers.Russia: Bronze Statue Dedicated to Soldier Who Was Beheaded by Chechen Jihadis For Refusing to Remove Cross and Accept Islam.Private Rodionov was killed by Chechen militants, when kept a prisoner in Chechnya, on May, 23rd, 1996. He was decapitated for refusal to take off the underwear cross he was wearing and accept Islam.“The monument depicts a bronze candle with its flame embracing a soldier who is holding a cross”, – the report reads.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Obama: Fox News is 'destructive' to America.Is this guy for real?Has he looked in the newspapers lately?Officials in the Obama White House have long made Fox News a punching bag, launching a full blown offensive last year when aides declared the network to be "opinion journalism masquerading as news." Then-White House Communications Director Anita Dunn said the cable outlet "operates almost as either the research arm or the communications arm of the Republican Party," and top aide Valerie Jarret called Fox "clearly biased."But the new comments from Obama constitute the president's most direct attack yet on the network owned by business mogul Rupert Murdoch.Read the full
slanderstory here.Click here for comments.
- HT:Gatewaypundit.Rush Limbaugh: Michelle Obama Got Her “No-Show” Job in a Chicago Hospital Because of Barack (Video).He reminded viewers that she didn’t get her “no-show” job in Chicago on her own. It was only because of her husband that she was hired to work at a hospital where she was paid $63,000 in 2008 for a job she didn’t go to.Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Blogger sentenced in Iran to 19 years.A Canadian-Iranian blogger has been sentenced in Tehran to 19 years in prison after being convicted of creating anti-government propaganda.Hossein Derakhshan was arrested in Tehran on Nov. 1, 2008.He was tried on charges of collaborating with enemy states, creating propaganda against the Islamic regime, insulting religious sanctity and creating propaganda for anti-revolutionary groups.There were fears that Derakhshan could have faced the death penalty, but the conservative website Mashreghnews.ir, which has close ties to the office of Iran's president, said he has been given a prison term.The website reported that Derakhshan can appeal his sentence.Derakhshan, 35, is considered the first blogger to help other Iranians post weblogs in the Farsi language.He moved to Toronto in 2000 from his native Iran after the reformist newspaper he had worked for in Tehran was closed by the authorities. He is now a Canadian citizen.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Harvard Pilgrim cancels Medicare Advantage plan.Harvard Pilgrim Health Care has notified customers that it will drop its Medicare Advantage health insurance program at the end of the year, forcing 22,000 senior citizens in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine to seek alternative supplemental coverage.“We became concerned by the long-term viability of Medicare Advantage programs in general,’’ said Lynn Bowman, vice president of customer service at Harvard Pilgrim’s office in Quincy. “We know that cuts in Medicare are being used to fund national health care reform. And we also had concerns about our ability to build a network of health care providers that would meet the needs of our seniors.’’Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- First batch of Afghan 'sisters' joins the fight.Twenty-nine women will soon be Afghanistan's first female officers, trained at the hands of a hard-boiled group of female drill sergeants based in Oklahoma.The women will be the first-ever graduates of the Afghan National Army's female Officer Candidate School (OCS), set up by drill sergeants from the 95th Division under the U.S. Army Reserve Command.Initially, 44 Afghan women signed up, answering a nationwide television campaign to recruit women to attend the OCS program.Only about 300 women serve in the Afghan National Army, which has more than 134,000 soldiers. The Afghan military eventually wants 10% of its force to be female, some through female OCS, or FOCS.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Azerbaijan could 'secretly' be used for US attack on Iran.News.Az interviews Vladimir Khrustalev, an expert at the Centre of International Studies at Vladivostok's Admiral G. Novelskiy Maritime University.How do you explain Russia’s decision not to sell S-300 anti-aircraft systems and other types of weapons to Iran?Formally, I can explain this as the observance of UN sanctions but, in fact, it is difficult to explain. Probably, it comes from the wider political context of relations with the West.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- And now for something completely different!I've heard of pink elephants, but this is ridiculous: Amazing images of rare pink hippopotamus captured in Masai Mara.Wading through the muddy waters this rare pink-o-pottamus stands out from the crowd.British brothers and wildlife photographers Will and Matt Burrard-Lucas captured these images of the brightly coloured hippo in the Masai Mara, Kenya, last week. Visiting the African country on the hunt to photograph the legendary wildebeest migration the Londoners were in for a treat when rumours of a pink hippo surfaced.Hmmmm....ever heard of "Albino animals"?Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Stonehenge boy 'was from the Med'.Chemical tests on teeth from an ancient burial near Stonehenge indicate that the person in the grave grew up around the Mediterranean Sea.The bones belong to a teenager who died 3,550 years ago and was buried with a distinctive amber necklace.Analysis on a previous skeleton found near Stonehenge showed that that person was also a migrant to the area.The "Boy with the Amber Necklace", as he is known to archaeologists, was found in 2005, about 5km south-east of Stonehenge on Boscombe Down.The remains of the teenager were discovered next to a Bronze Age burial mound, during roadworks for military housing."He's around 14 or 15 years old and he's buried with this beautiful necklace," said Professor Jane Evans, head of archaeological science for the BGS."The position of his burial, the fact he's near Stonehenge, and the necklace all suggest he's of significant status."Dr Andrew Fitzpatrick, of Wessex Archaeology, backed this interpretation: "Amber necklaces are not common finds," he told BBC News."Most archaeologists would say that when you find burials like this... people who can get these rare and exotic materials are people of some importance."Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- A French chocolatier launched a 3.5m chocolate and sugar boat in front of a crowd of hundreds of onlookers in the port of Concarneau. Chocolate creator Georges Larnicol, who owns a dozen shops across western France, won a bet by successfully building a seaworthy boat from chocolate."Liberté, égalité, fraternité,Chocolatier?"Read and see the whole story here.Click here for comments.
- The makings of a trade war with China.No one familiar with the Smoot-Hawley tariff of 1930 should relish the prospect of a trade war with China -- but that seems to be where we're headed and probably should be where we are headed. Although the Smoot-Hawley tariff did not cause the Great Depression, it contributed to its severity by provoking widespread retaliation. Confronting China's export subsidies risks a similar tit-for-tat cycle at a time when the global economic recovery is weak. This is a risk, unfortunately, we need to take.Hmmm...is it wise to start a trade war with the country that holds almost 2 Trillion of US debt?Exactly ...I don't think so eighter!Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- UT campus given all-clear after Tuesday morning shooting.UT officials said the campus has been given the all clear and that all campus buildings have been opened.Officials have tightened the perimeter around the campus, but UT spokeswoman Rhonda Weldon didn’t have details other than to say it was around the Perry-Castaneda Library.Although police tape remains up, students can be seen walking around the campus.For the past hour, officers have been examining shell casings on the ground near the Sugar Shack barbecue stand in a parking lot just east of Whitis Street on the south side of 21st.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:BigPeace.The Genesis of the Muslim Brotherhood.The aftermath of World War I, with the defeat of the Turkish Ottoman Empire, saw the destruction of the Islamic political authority called the “caliphate.” Mustapha Kemal Ataturk established post-Ottoman Turkey as a secular westernized state and abolished the caliphate. Among his reforms to dismantle the shariah system, Ataturk banned the tradition of growing beards by men and wearing headscarves by women, banned the call to prayer from the mosques, abolished the Turkish language’s script and replaced it with the Latin alphabet, and made the Turkish military the custodians of a new secular tradition.This did not sit well with Islamic traditionalists. Some became determined to restore the caliphate, if not in Turkey, then somewhere else. One such individual was Hassan al Banna, the son of a Muslim imam who lived outside Cairo, Egypt. In 1928, al Banna founded an organization called the al-Ikhwan al-Musilmin, known in English as the Society of Muslim Brothers or the Muslim Brotherhood (MB).How much a visionary character as Attaturk is needed right now.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Scientists Clash Over Amount of Oil in Gulf.Scientists clashed Monday over whether oil from the BP PLC oil spill remains in the Gulf of Mexico and is breaking down quickly, in a sign of the challenges facing a presidential commission investigating the worst offshore oil spill in U.S. history.A Florida State University professor said that more than half of the oil that spilled into the sea remains in the Gulf of Mexico and is a "highly durable material" that is now buried along the coast and on the sea floor. But an Energy Department scientist said that couldn't be true—and that conclusions should be put on hold until more data are gathered."It did not sink all to the bottom—it can't," Terry Hazen, a senior Energy Department scientist told reporters during a break in a hearing before the National Commission on the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill and Offshore Drilling. He was elaborating on remarks made earlier to the panel. He said that initial data were being collected and it would be at least a month before the findings come out.Earlier, oceanographer Ian MacDonald had told the panel in prepared testimony that of the 4.1 million barrels of oil that weren't siphoned off into tankers, "the remaining fraction—over 50% of the total discharge—is a highly durable material that resists further dissipation." He said that "much of it is now buried in marine and coastal sediments. There is scant evidence for bacterial degradation of this material prior to burial." Read the full sticky story here.Click here for comments.
- Insurgent Group in Iraq, Declared Tamed, Roars.This spring, United States military commanders said that Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia was a group in disarray, all but finished as a formidable enemy after American and Iraqi troops had killed or captured more than three-quarters of its leaders.But even as officials in the United States and Iraq made public pronouncements that reveled in Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia’s demise, the Sunni insurgent group vowed “dark days colored in blood.”After seven years at war, Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia remains an enigma and has only about 200 “hard core” fighters, according to the United States military.Last month, Gen. Ray Odierno, then the commander of American forces in Iraq, expressed surprise at the group’s ability to coordinate attacks on a single day in 13 cities that killed more than 50 people and wounded 250.Operation "New Dawn" but for whom?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Dozens of Christians Beaten by Mob in Gujrat, Pakistan.A mob of Muslim extremists on Thursday shot at and beat dozens of Christians, including one cleared of “blasphemy” charges, in Punjab Province’s Gujrat district, Christian leaders said.The attack on Tariq Gill, exonerated of charges of blaspheming the Quran on Sept. 3, 2009, and on his father Murad Gill, his mother and the other Christian residents was the latest of more than 10 such assaults on the Christian colony of Mohalla Kalupura, Gujrat city, since Sept. 8, the Rev. Suleman Nasri Khan and Bishop Shamas Pervaiz told Compass.About 40 Islamists – some shooting Kalashnikovs and pistols at homes and individuals on the street, others brandishing axes and clubs – beat some of the Christians so badly that they left them for dead, Pastor Khan said. So far, 10 families have been targeted for the attacks.On Thursday, the assailants ripped the clothing off of Gill’s mother and dragged her nude through the streets, Pastor Khan said.Among the Christians attacked on Thursday were Rashid Masih and his family, he said. The critically injured Masih and his family members, Gill and his parents, and the other injured Christians were initially rushed to Aziz Bhatti hospital in Gujrat, Pastor Khan said, and then transferred to Abdullah Hospital in nearby Lalla Musa to receive more advanced care.“The injured Christians were under the observation of able doctors at Abdullah Hospital in Lalla Musa,” Pastor Khan told Compass by telephone."Islam the religion of peace"?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Israel commandos 'peacefully' board Jewish Gaza-bound aid boat.IDF says commandos peacefully intercepted the 'Irene', the latest vessel to try to breach an on the Palestinian territory in the wake of Israel's deadly flotilla raid in May."IDF naval forces recently boarded the yacht 'Irene', and it is currently being led to the Ashdod seaport along with its passengers," the military said in statement that branded the boat a "provocation yacht".Before boarding, the navy transmitted two warnings to the boat, which refused to turn back and sailed further into the blockade area, the IDF said.Shortly before, an Israeli warship had hailed the catamaran carrying Jewish activists toward the blockaded Gaza Strip, according to the group's website.An Israeli destroyer was cutting off the boat's path and another small boat was also approaching, the 'Jewish Boat to Gaza' website posted minutes before reports of the interception.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Anti-terror chief tried to secure UK entry for Muslim preacher.Britain's counter terrorism chief said he would “put himself on the line” to secure entry to Britain for a radical Muslim preacher, days before he was over-ruled by Theresa May.Mrs May, the Home Secretary, banned Zakir Naik, an Indian television preacher, from a lecture tour in the UK in mid-June, saying his presence “would not be conducive to the public good”.Mrs May cited reported comments from Dr Naik such as “every Muslim should be a terrorist” and, on Osama Bin Laden, that “if he is fighting the enemies of Islam, I am for him” when she decided to ban him.Ms Khan, who worked for Mr Farr, was later reportedly suspended after allegedly criticised Mrs May in private for “a huge error of judgment” over the decision.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- White Women Dump the Dems.According to Gallup polling data exclusive to The Daily Beast, white women are deserting the Democratic Party in droves. Linda Hirshman on where the PUMAs are heading.No surprise with such a "strong -macho"leader?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:MichelleMalkin.Big Labor thug Trumka: Left must “take control of the national conversation”.From the AFL-CIO blog, violence-promoting labor chief Richard Trumka urged his fellow leftists to seize back power from the Tea Party movement and take back “control of the national conversation.”Of course, Trumka has been fighting with his gloves off for a long time. See my Labor Day retrospective of Trumka’s history of fomenting threats, intimidation, and physical violence against dissenters. And recall that Trumka and his union pals have pooled together an $88 million war chest and Marxist get-out-the-vote alliance to deploy this midterm election season.Be careful out there.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Mexico Asks U.S. To Stop Deporting Serious Criminals.In a flabbergasting request, a coalition of Mexican lawmakers has asked the United States to stop deporting illegal immigrants who have been convicted of serious crimes in American courts.The preposterous demand was made at a recent southern California conference in which the mayors of four Mexican cities that border the U.S. gathered to discuss cross-border issues.The only American mayor who attended the biannual event was San Diego’s Jerry Sanders, evidently because his city hosted it this year at a fancy downtown hotel.The Obama Administration seems to be heeding to Mexico’s request by openly halting the deportation of hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants. Additionally, the administration has a “backdoor amnesty” plan to legalize millions of undocumented aliens in case Congress doesn’t pass legislation to do it.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- President Obama has just issued a blackmail to Prime Minister Wen Jiabao of China: "You immediately revalue the yuan or else..." According to an article of David E. Senger in The New York Times dated September 23, 2010, the two leaders met at the United Nations in New York and spent most of their two-hour session in a spare conference room, usually used by members of the Security Council, to discuss the currency issue. The session ended by Obama's issuing an ultimatum that is bound to be followed by trade war. Surely, this is a most unseemly use to which the sacred grounds of the Security Council, dedicated as it is to the maintenance of peace and prevention of war, have ever been put.America can lose nothing, and can gain everything by playing the gold card first. The prodigal son, repentant, could return to his father, symbolized by the American Constitution, who is ready to forgive and embrace him. Not only will the opening the U.S. Mint to gold, as demanded by the Constitution, restore the government to fiscal sanity and financial health; it will also bring confidence back to the international monetary system.It will also help avoid trade wars, and prevent another wave of uncontrollable unemployment from engulfing the world.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:DanielGreenfield.The Future of the War on Terror, is the War on Islam.Fighting a War on Islam means making a careful study of the structures and ways in which Islam is sustained and promoted, particularly on higher education for Muslim religious scholars and on the ways in which the dilettante sons of wealthy Muslim families become entangled in such projects. The Muslim religious school trains the terrorists of tomorrow and imbues them with dreams of creating a new Islamic reality. The boys and men who study in them and then go on to higher learning as Imams and Mullahs, form the core of Islamic terrorist ideology. The Mosque serves as the base for any Muslim community, particularly abroad where the Muslim preacher can incite violence. The Koran serves as the manual for terrorism in the name of an ideal Islamic world order. In order of importance, these are the real commanders and bases of the enemy. To the extent that they are pushed back, weakened, uprooted or destroyed-- we will have peace. To the extent that they prosper and spread, we will have nothing but war.We know who the enemy is. It is not simply the terrorists lurking at their base camps, it is the cleric in Al Azhar University who signs off on a Fatwa that legitimizes murdering our people. That cleric is a much better target than the terrorists, because the cleric provides the ideology that creates Islamic terrorism in the first place. If we are to use "Smart Strikes", than let us be really smart about it by making sure that we do not waste time striking at a tentacle of the octopus, when we can strike at the head instead.The War on Terror will not end by entering a bunker and finding the "Leader of Terrorism" dead. Islamic terrorism has no leader, it has motivation. Breaking Islam of its enthusiasm for power and expansionism is the only way we will win. Victory is possible. The only question is do we want it badly enough.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Unidentified Muslim Men Attack Pentecostal Church in Karachi.Another shocking attack against Pakistani Christians has taken place, this time by a group of unidentified Muslim men who attacked the Nasri Pentecostal Church in Shah Latif Town, Karachi.The unprovoked violence took place at around midnight on Saturday, September 18, 2010, when a group of men cut the locks of the church and then, once inside, went on an orgy of violence.They piled up Bibles, hymnals (including Books of the Psalms), and musical instruments and then set them on fire and fled the scene of their crime.A case was registered against the unknown culprits at the nearby Shah Latif Town Police Station but , at the time of writing, they were still unidentified and at large.The police inspector told them that he pledged to the church leaders that “very soon” the Muslim men who allegedly devised and carried out this sinister plan would be “litigated” as he believed that their actions were “repugnant” to the basic human rights of Pakistani people and was also “against the constitution of Pakistan.” Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Norway terror suspects 'plotted cartoon attacks'.Three men arrested in Norway in July are suspected of planning attacks to avenge cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad that appeared in a Danish newspaper, Norwegian and Danish police say.Denmark's police intelligence branch said the target may have been either the Jyllands-Posten newspaper itself or people linked to the cartoons.One of the suspects, an Iraqi Kurd, had confessed, police said.The 12 drawings sparked furious protests in Muslim countries in 2006."One of the suspects was questioned and, from what he said we extracted a confession about terror attack plans," Siv Alfsen, a spokeswoman for Norwegian security police told the AFP news agency."Based on his declarations, everything indicates that the target was the Jyllands-Posten newspaper in Denmark."The other two suspects are immigrants from China and Uzbekistan. All had been granted residency in Norway.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- U.S. should be able to shut Internet, former CIA chief says.Hayden said the president currently does not have the authority to shut down the Internet in an emergency."My personal view is that it is probably wise to legislate some authority to the President, to take emergency measures for limited periods of time, with clear reporting to Congress, when he feels as if he has to take these measures," he said in an interview on the weekend."But I would put the bar really high as to when these kinds of authorities might take place," he said.He likened cyberwarfare to a "frontier."Read the full story here.Click here for comments
- NASA showdown looms as shuttle workers face layoffs.With more than 1,500 space shuttle workers facing layoffs this week, legislators say they will take a final shot at passing a blueprint for the U.S. human space program before adjourning ahead of the November 2 congressional elections.With the shuttle program winding down, prime shuttle contractor United Space Alliance reports 1,222 employees - 877 in Florida, 333 in Texas and 12 in Alabama -- will be laid off on Friday. Another 350 shuttle contractor jobs also are expected to end on Friday.United Space Alliance is a joint venture between the Boeing Co and Lockheed Martin Corp.What the Russians couldn't do Obama just did.R.I.P. America's Space conquest!Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:BacktoBasics.Is Iceland Preparing To Blow Again?It has been a while since Iceland’s unpronounceable volcano shut down European airspace for a week. This could be about to change, because as FromTheOld demonstrates, the seismic activity at the base of Bárðarbunga stratovolcano, which also happens to be the highest mountain in Iceland, has picked up materially over the last 48 hours. As a reminder (courtesy of Wikipedia), Bárðarbunga “The largest lava flow in Iceland and the entire earth from a single eruption is originated from Bárðarbunga about 8500 years ago (causing mass extinctions).” Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:IslaminEurope.Amsterdam: Salafis pose threat to Muslim women, says alderman.Though orthodox Muslims might not be a danger to society, they're a threat to the personal freedom of Muslim girls and women, Amsterdam diversity alderman, Andrée van Es (GroenLinks), said in response to a recent study on Salafism.The report concluded that strictly orthodox Muslims are not a threat to Dutch society. This is also due to the enormous social control in Salafist communities: the faithful consistently check each other, and continuously speak of what is allowed and what isn't."The Netherlands now heaves a sigh of relief," says Van Es, "But we don't care what this means for the women in those orthodox communities. I speak so often with Islamic women and girls who say that they're not free. They tell of women they know - never about themselves - who have been married very young and that nobody is happy. Or that they're afraid to drink a glass of wine on the terrace or light a cigarette. And those are the little examples. There are also women who don't have freedom to get the education they want, or choose their own partner.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Gold is the final refuge against universal currency debasement.States accounting for two-thirds of the global economy are either holding down their exchange rates by direct intervention or steering currencies lower in an attempt to shift problems on to somebody else, each with their own plausible justification. Nothing like this has been seen since the 1930s.“We live in an amazing world. Everybody has big budget deficits and big easy money but somehow the world as a whole cannot fully employ itself,” said former Fed chair Paul Volcker in Chris Whalen’s new book Inflated: How Money and Debt Built the American Dream.“It is a serious question. We are no longer talking about a single country having a big depression but the entire world.” We have a new world order where China and India are buying gold on every dip, where the West faces an ageing crisis, and where the sovereign states of the US, Japan, and most of Western Europe have public debt trajectories near or beyond the point of no return. Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:WeaselZippers.Oops He Did It Again: For Second Time, Obama Omits “Creator” When Speaking of “Inalienable Rights” Cited in Declaration of Independence.Just seven days after he sparked controversy by omitting the word “Creator” when he closely paraphrased the passage from the Declaration of Independence that says all men “are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights,” President Barack Obama again omitted the Creator when speaking about the “inalienable rights” that “everybody is endowed with.”Hmmm....perhaps because he thinks he is God?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- The Tilting of the Earth Changes Everything!Vatic Note: There is a "Chinese Curse" that says: "MAY YOU LIVE IN INTERESTING TIMES". And given all this below, I believe the curse must have taken hold. As you can see we have begun to track changes to the earth and the various events unfolding that affect not only our planet but the sun, and the entire solar system. So, lets recap what we have learned.Or just apply the laws of physics to all the ice that's melting! Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Glenn Beck, 9.27.2010: Fascism Is Alive In America.Glenn covers the amount of control the federal government now has over our lives ranging from the indoctrination that American children receive in the public school system that has only been controlled by the DOE since 1979, to the Energy Department’s nudging of green issues, to Cass Sunstein’s belief that the Constitution is irrelevant because it cannot keep up with the times.Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- War in the Kremlin: President Medvedev sacks Moscow mayor in Russian power war.The Russian government have sacked Moscow's mayor today after nearly two decades in charge, due to a 'loss of confidence'.Yury Luzhkov, who has ruled over Russia's capital for 18 years, has been forced out of office by president Dmitry Medvedev following a number of high-profile disagreements, the Kremlin admitted.The Kremlin's website said President Medvedev signed a decree, which is effective as of today, relieving the flat-cap-wearing 74-year-old mayor of his duties.The order read: 'I decree that Yury Mikhailovich Luzhkov be dismissed from his position as mayor of Moscow due to a loss of confidence in him by the president.'Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Chechnya Coerces Women on Dress, Activists Say.Women in Chechnya are under pressure to adopt Islamic dress, according to human rights activists and an Islamic fundamentalist video circulating on the Internet in the latest example of deteriorating women’s rights under Ramzan A. Kadyrov, the president of the restive southern Russian republic.Activists in Chechnya, where Russia has waged two wars against separatists in the past 16 years, said intimidation reached a peak during the fasting month of Ramadan. There was also a crackdown on violations of Islamic law such as the sale of food before sundown and any sale of alcohol, they said.The activists who spoke from Chechnya insisted on anonymity because they said they feared reprisals.Chechen television reported on September 16 about a march in Grozny of female students of an Islamic university in Islamic dress. The event, organized by a club called “Ramzan” and a government agency responsible for “spiritual and moral education,” was dubbed “Beauty of the Chechen Woman.” “Every person must strive to beauty, and a young woman who puts on a hijab looks beautiful, as befits the dictates of the Almighty,” Sado Meserbiyev, the chairman of “Ramzan,” said. Footage on the Internet shows women in dresses with short sleeves and no headscarves being sprayed with paint from passing cars. Mr. Kadyrov told Chechen television in July that he approved of such action.“Even if it was done with my permission, I wouldn’t be ashamed,” he said. “It turns out that the girls who were sprayed with paint had been warned several times previously. After such an incident, a girl should just disappear from the face of the earth, lock herself in the house and not go out because she behaved so inappropriately that such a thing happened to her.”Mr. Kadyrov made similar comments after seven women were found shot and killed in Grozny in 2008. No official explanation of the deaths was ever offered, but Chechens speculated at the time that the women might have been victims of “
Dishonor killings” after they were accused of immoral behavior. Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Is Cattelan giving business the finger in Milan?A marble sculpture of a cut-off hand with the middle finger stuck up has gone on display in front of the Milan Stock Exchange, provoking a lively debate in Italy's financial capital.The 11-meter high installation, called "L.O.V.E." and unveiled for the first time in Milan, is part of a retrospective dedicated to the Italian contemporary artist Maurizio Cattelan, whose provocative works include a sculpture of Pope John Paul being hit by a meteorite.Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Revealed: The truth about the Bosnian brunette who claims she bedded Beckham.Posing proudly with members of her family, this is the glamorous brunette at the centre of lurid claims that she slept with David Beckham.Irma Nici told the U.S. magazine In Touch last week that she had enjoyed a series of trysts with the former England captain.Beckham denies the affair and is suing for libel. It has also emerged today that the former England captain hired a private detectives to track her down and serve her personally with the £5million writ for damages.But now The Mail on Sunday can reveal that she was born Irma Nezirovic, and is a former refugee who is said to have witnessed atrocities in a Bosnian internment camp.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Video: Egyptian Islamic Scholar Dr. Suad Saleh: Women Should Not Wear Bathing Suits.
Monday, September 27, 2010
- U.S. Wants to Make It Easier to Wiretap the Internet.Federal law enforcement and national security officials are preparing to seek sweeping new regulations for the Internet, arguing that their ability to wiretap criminal and terrorism suspects is “going dark” as people increasingly communicate online instead of by telephone.The bill, which the Obama administration plans to submit to lawmakers next year, raises fresh questions about how to balance security needs with protecting privacy and fostering innovation. And because security services around the world face the same problem, it could set an example that is copied globally.James X. Dempsey, vice president of the Center for Democracy and Technology, an Internet policy group, said the proposal had “huge implications” and challenged “fundamental elements of the Internet revolution” — including its decentralized design.“They are really asking for the authority to redesign services that take advantage of the unique, and now pervasive, architecture of the Internet,” he said. “They basically want to turn back the clock and make Internet services function the way that the telephone system used to function.” Providers that failed to comply would face fines or some other penalty. Read the full story here and our earlier post in the morning.Click here for comments.
- Chef told by Gordon Ramsay that his business was about to 'swim down the Hudson' is found dead after jump into river.It was the prediction that has now come back to haunt Gordon Ramsay.In 2007, while filming an episode of Kitchen Nightmares, the celebrity chef had harsh words for New Jersey restaurateur Joseph Cerniglia: his business was about to 'swim down the Hudson'.This week it was revealed that Cerniglia, a 39-year-old father of three, is believed to have leapt to his death into the Hudson from the George Washington Bridge.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- 10 Hateful Anti-Woman Acts By Leftist “Feminists,” Part 1.The Burqa is Sexy and Other Celebrations of the Islamic Veil.Earlier this year NewsReal Blog debuted the Naomi Wolf Award, also known as The Howler, to recognize "the failure of feminist commentators to identify Muslim veils, particularly the burqa and the niqab, as powerful symbols of extremist ideology and instruments of subjugation." Naomi Wolf, of course, is among the worst offenders when it comes to justifying the entombment of women in these dehumanizing fabric crypts.After a delightful jaunt through a Moroccan bazaar in a headscarf she wore by choice, Wolf wrote, “I felt a novel sense of calm and serenity. I felt, yes, in certain ways, free.” Never mind the medical problems related to burqa-induced vitamin D deficiency. Disregard the fact that in parts of the world, the alternative to donning the veil is death. Naomi Wolf had a gay ol' time obscuring her femininity from the nasty male gaze, so the veil should be celebrated!Other so-called feminists defended the burqa from conservative racists and painted the full veil as a delightful mobile playground for Muslim children.Way to strike a blow against the patriarchy, ladies. Maureen Dowd Excuses Sharia Law In Order to Mock Catholicism.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:AmericanThinker.Countering Islamic Indoctrination in Public Schools.The fight against Islamic indoctrination in the schools won a victory in Texas last week. But the forces pushing to obfuscate the nature of Islam's jihad imperative hold the high ground in the education industry, forcing parents and realists to continue to fight.As parents, we have a moral obligation to our children and our Western heritage to combat the corrosive indoctrination on Islam that currently passes for "Islamic education" in public school curricula. That effort must begin by providing our children ready home access to objective, unapologetic Western scholarship on Islam. The faulty textbooks which cover Islam as a benign force in world history while short-changing the Judeo-Christian tradition do not come cheap. In comparison, the Concise Encyclopedia is quite a bargain for schools that always plead poverty. A Global Mosaic, published by Prentice Hall, costs schools $106.63. The Human Experience by Farah, Mounir A. and Andrea Berens Karls sets back schools $106.94. Parents who want to counter this propaganda that anesthetizes our children to the dangers of Islamic jihad doctrine have to insist that their schools balance the propaganda with objective, un-politicized scholarship. Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:HIDF.Islamic misguided case Example .Do read it to understand the misguided cases of Islam.From the Comment section..of Jihadwatch. Thought worth sharing with the world…Christians are Child Abusing, Demon Possessed, Devil-Worshipping, Cannibalized Vampires.What is the difference between a monkey, a Jew and a pig? There is no difference according to the Qur’an, which reveals Allah transformed some Jews into monkeys and swine and Genetic/DNA testing will confirm this. The Qur’an also reveals Christians will go to the Hell-fire for their worshipping Allah’s Messenger slave, whom they devour in their pagan rituals. I advise all Christians to read the Qur’an and discover what your evil, fire-species, greedy, Muslim-murdering, maniacal, monkey masters have kept concealed from you. Do not read the Koran, as the Koran is a crazy book, written by crazed Jew’s to hide their satanic origins; the Children of Satan aka the Children of Israel. Clinically insane Jews also wrote the Koran in an attempt to portray Muslims to be the murdering lunatics the world knows the Jews to be; yet Christians continue to serve and worship the war criminal, occupying, hostile fire species as Allah’s Chosen People. Christian’s arrogance is only exceeded by their brutal stupidity, as Muslims and Jews know the following Commandments invalidate Christianity; yet Christians continue to disobey Allah and perform uncivilized and depraved acts of cannibalism and vampirism on a dead Jew’s corpse and call it “religion”. Christians are being willfully ignorant, as they all know it was Allah and NOT Jesus who parted the Red Sea to allow the Jews to escape the pursuing Egyptians and the vampires also know that it was Allah and NOT Jesus who spoke to Moses on Mt. Sinai; yet the low-life, racist, cannibalized vampires continue to worship a murdered, Jew Messenger, “SLAVE” as their god.A prime example of "Inter faith dialog" at work?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- The Top 10 Ways Conservatives See Obama – And the 1 That’s Most Accurate.The question has perplexed the Right since Barack Obama first emerged on the scene. How are we to understand Barack Obama?I’ve assembled 10 of these approaches today and am counting them down from least accurate and flat-out wrong to the more useful to the ultimate key to understanding them all. When it comes down to it there is a single label which can give conservatives a grasp of who Obama is and what values he actually holds.But first let’s start with a few Obama formulations made by some of the least educated of conservatives…Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- UNHRC abuses human rights.Once again, a report has blamed an event almost solely on Israel while refusing to assign responsibility or even suitably investigate any other party.While its name would seem to indicate a worthy body, the UNHRC has two sole functions: to defend serial human-rights abusing nations from reproach, and to revile and attack Israel.General Assembly President Joseph Deisss warned recently against the marginalization of the UN itself by stating the need for urgent reforms, like reviewing the UNHRC. At stake is the plight of millions of victims of human-rights violations around the world.It is high time for democracies to reassess their participation in a council that places political calculations over the protection of human rights while providing cover to some of the world’s most brutal regimes.We must give a voice to the oppressed, justice to the abused and equity for all of humanity. None of this will be achieved by always attacking and condemning Israel while allowing totalitarian nations to hijack the international human-rights agenda.It seems the UN has outlived his usefullness?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- President Obama: Fire failing teachers.President Barack Obama took aim at the nation’s failing schools Monday, saying bad teachers should be fired if they’re not cutting it and that students should stay in school longer each year.Obama also leveled a critique of the Washington, D.C., public schools, saying his daughters wouldn’t get as good an education there as at their private school. "I'll be blunt with you,” Obama answered. “The answer is 'no' right now.”But Obama laid part of the blame squarely on teachers and said bad teachers should be fired if they can’t train kids to succeed.“You’ve got to have radical change, and radical change is something that’s in the interest of students.” he said. “We’ve got to be able to identify teachers who are doing well. ... And, ultimately, if some teachers aren’t doing a good job, they’ve got to go.”Obama did praise unions in the interview, pointing out that many are cooperating with states on education reforms."I'm a strong supporter of the notion a union can protect its members and be a part of the solution instead of the problem," he said.Fire teachers who don't view it my way?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Truth about Obamanomics — from Canada.While President Obama gets a Hallelujah Choir from columnists Robert Samuelson and Paul Krugman, a Canadian is will ing to tell the truth: You don’t borrow money in a debt crisis.“Obama did exactly the opposite of what should have been done,” Taleb said yesterday in Montreal in a speech as part of Canada’s Salon Speakers series. “He surrounded himself with people who exacerbated the problem. You have a person who has cancer and instead of removing the cancer, you give him tranquilizers. When you give tranquilizers to a cancer patient, they feel better but the cancer gets worse.”Today, Taleb said, “total debt is higher than it was in 2008 and unemployment is worse.”Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:JIDF.Racist Messages Pose Quandary for Mainstream Sites.Interesting article in the AP today - a shame they neglected to tell the story of the Jew hatred online which is increasing at alarming rates, but still, interesting nonetheless: Although you rarely hear racial insults on Main Street these days, there's a place where unashamed bigotry is all too easy to find: tossed off in the comments sections of some of the Internet's most popular websites, today's virtual Main Street.However it is wrong when it claims: "Internet anonymity has removed one of the strongest barriers to the type of language that can ruin reputations and end careers. Racist messages are a small percentage of the wild and woolly web, but they stick out since they are rare in person — and they raise a host of questions."Internet anonymity has very little to do with the problem. Most of the people we have encountered have no issues spewing out their hate in their own names. They are emboldened by their friends, who do the same.Or is AP advocating Obama's plans to Wiretap the Internet?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- America Paying To Burn Books (Operation Dark Heart).America? How do you feel about paying $47,000 of hard earned cash to burn 9500 copies of a book?Do we, as Americans, burn books NOW? WTF?Lt. Col. Anthony (Tony) Shaffer’s book, ‘Operation Dark Heart‘ was approved by the Army and set for release on August 31, 2010, when the Defense Intelligence Agency stepped in and notified the Army that the book’s approval needed to be rescinded because it impacts national security. The controversy surrounds Shaffer’s testimony about Mohammad Atta given to the 9.11 Commission, and Operation ‘Able-Danger’.I have thought from the moment I saw the first plane hit the towers that there is much more to this than just ‘covering’ the intelligence community’s asses over what appears to be a mistake of this magnitude. This could also be more of ‘watch the left hand while we slap you with the right’ maneuvering (Colbert vs. Coates on Capitol Hill last week). There is just too much evidence to support a completely different story than was told by the 9.11 Commission.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:BigPeace.FBI Escorts Known Hamas Operative Through Top-Secret National Counterterrorism Center as “Outreach” to Muslim Community.A known Hamas operative and unindicted co-conspirator in the largest terrorism financing trial in U.S. history – Kifah Mustapha – was recently escorted into the top-secret National Counterterrorism Center and other secure government facilities, including the FBI’s training center at Quantico, during a six-week “Citizen’s Academy” hosted by the FBI as part of its “outreach” to the Muslim Community.Sheik Kifah Mustapha, who runs the Mosque Foundation in Bridgeview, asked some of the most pointed questions during the six week FBI Citizens’ Academy and trip to Washington. He pushed agents to fully explain everything from the bureau’s use of deadly force policy to racial and ethnic profiling. “I saw a very interesting side of what the FBI does and I wanted to know more,” Sheik Mustapha explained after returning from D.C. He hopes the FBI’s outreach runs deeper than positive public relations.Yes, I bet he wanted to know everything about the FBI’s policies.Read the full
treason scandalstory here.Click here for comments.
- Invasion of stink bugs has homeowners, farmers seeking relief.Shaped like shields and armed with an odor, dime-size brown bugs are crawling into area homes over windowsills, through door crevices and between attic vents in such numbers that homeowners talk about drowning them in jars of soapy water, suffocating them in plastic bags or even burning them with propane torches. In the process, some people are unwittingly creating another problem: When squashed or irritated, the bugs release the distinctive smell of sweaty feet.Hmmmm...Pharaoh...let my people go?Another "plague coming?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Iran Crosses Iraq Border to Strike Bomb Suspects.General Says Iranian Forces Killed 30 Fighters Alleged to Be Responsibile for Bombing of Military Parade.The report quotes a general of the elite Revolutionary Guards as saying the "terrorists" were killed yesterday in a clash "beyond the border," and that his forces were still in pursuit of two men who escaped the ambush.While Iran has said in the past it would target armed groups on Iraqi soil, this is a rare case of it actually admitting to an attack.Iraqi officials have complained in the past about Iranian artillery targeting armed Kurdish opposition groups on its soil.Iran has already blamed the attack on Kurdish separatists who have fought Iranian forces in the area for years. But most Kurdish groups condemned the attack, and no one has so far claimed responsibility for it.Gen. Mohammad Pakpour, head of the Guards' ground forces, said Sunday the armed group was backed by Israel, the U.S. and members of the Iraqi Baath Party, former supporters of deposed leader Saddam Hussein.Government forces in Iraq, Iran and Turkey have all periodically battled with the Kurdish minorities straddling their borders. They fear the groups are seeking to unite territory in all three nations to form an independent Kurdish homeland.Hmmmm.....Iran and Turkey really have no problem killing Kurds?Pardon......nope, i tought i heard Obama saying something about the killings.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:TheEndoftheAmericanDream.Banks Are Failing At A Record Pace, The FDIC Bank Problem List Continues To Grow And Most Americans Don't Even Realize The U.S. Banking System Is Dying.In the mainstream media, all the talk is about how the "recession" is over. But the truth is that our economic problems are far from over. In fact, the U.S. banking system is dying. U.S. banks continue to fail at a record pace. The FDIC list of problem banks continues to grow at an alarming pace. Loans and mortgages continue to go bad at an accelerating rate at banks across the United States. The truth is that we are in deep, deep trouble, and the vast majority of the American people do not even realize it. But the American people better wake up soon, because if the U.S. banking system dies, the American Dream is going to die along with it for tens of millions of Americans.So far in 2010, 127 U.S. banks have been shut down by federal regulators. That puts us on pace to far surpass the total of 140 U.S. banks that failed last year. And last year was the most bank failures that the U.S. had seen since back in 1992.So when will the number of bank failures start going down?Will it ever start going down?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Imam: NY Muslim center aims to prevent terror attack.The imam behind the controversial plan to build a Muslim culture center near the site of New York's September 11 attack said on Sunday the project is meant to prevent a similar attack.In an interview with CBS's "60 Minutes" program, Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf said he feels duty bound to help protect non-Muslim Americans from such violence.Rauf said building the center, which will include a prayer room, two blocks from the destroyed World Trade Center is "the right thing to do.""... America needs it and the Muslim world needs it," he said."We have to wage peace."Critics say the center's proximity to Ground Zero is insensitive, while supporters say politicians have wrongly commandeered the emotionally charged debate before U.S. congressional elections on November 2.Another veiled treath by the Iman?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:BacktoBasics.Is Sharia Law Creeping Into American Lives?The Muslims downplay the above question by scoffingly answering in the negative despite mounting evidence to the contrary. Of course getting devious answers from Muslims is to be expected; that is, until they are ready to threaten a lawsuit due to being offended.The February 19, 2010 online Bear Creek Ledger (TN) writer Toni stated “You can see the tell tale signs of creeping Sharia Law (Islamic law) through lawsuits and demands made by Muslims in America on an almost daily basis. Whether it’s the Somali Muslim cabdrivers (Mpls.,MN) who refuse to pick up fares who have been consuming alcohol to disabled people with a service canine or it could be something like Muslims demanding foot baths in a public building, it’s the incremental creep of imposing Sharia Law in the US.”In the same issue of the Bear Creek Ledger this report was published: “Last year Stephen Coughlin (a Pentagon specialist on Islamic law and extremism) was fired because of Muslim officials in the Pentagon who opposed his work. You think there is no threat in the US from Islamists in this country?’Also, this offering from Brian Mosely of the Shelbyville (TN) Times: “Every major Muslim organization is controlled by the Muslim Brotherhood, a former FBI Agent John Guandolo said, which he said was formed to overthrow America and establish Islamic law.“They’re having great success of implementing Shariah law, I could give you a thousand examples,’’ Guandolo said.He said small concessions like installing foot baths, and colleges forced to have separate swimming times for Islamic men and women so not to offend Muslims, are other parts of the strategy.“The solution to this is you,” Guandolo said. “If you are looking to DHS, the FBI and Congress to solve this . you’re going to be woefully disappointed.”So even a former FBI Agent agrees with the premise that Sharia is working its way into and through our judicial system at all levels; and their arrogant and selfish demands for attention are being heard and dealt with by people in authoritative positions.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- The "slaughterhouse" of Dagestan is not Chechnya.Suicide attacks on police and institutions are now a daily reality in the Caucasus republic. But it is not over independent: social frustration and Islamic fundamentalism, the factors that threaten to detonate a ticking time bomb. Russia faces important challenge of modernizing the region.The factor which, however, is playing an increasing role in the Caucasus and republic is Islam. Those who promote the "rebirth of Islam" (present on the ground in the Salafist movement, ed), belong to different ethnic groups united by faith in Salafist Islam. This finds converts among the people, promoting social justice and fighting corruption. It offers a new alternative to a society disillusioned by its Soviet experience and the democratic post-Soviet era.Unlike Chechnya, the activities of rebellion and dissent against Moscow are found in diverse environments: ethnic, religious, business and the same local government. In any given attack the motive may be the "privatization" of state property, while in another Islamic extremism. Among the ranks of Islamic fighters are not just religious fanatics, but also citizens who are victims of corruption or the tyranny of the authorities.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Kashmir's 'martyrs' graveyard' busy again.The "martyrs' graveyard" in Indian-administered Kashmir's capital, Srinagar, is again burying victims of conflict."There are over 1,000 martyrs here," grave-digger Abdul Hameed says, matter-of-factly. "This year," he says, "it's looking bad again." We are taking a walk down a narrow cobblestone pathway running through rows of graves in the cemetery. Buried here are - mostly - men, women and children who have died in the bloody insurrection against India. The cemetery sits on the western edge of Srinagar, flanked by the Himalayas and vast fields on one side and a busy neighbourhood of dull brick and timber homes on the other.Mr Hameed is a middle-aged, sunburnt man who looks after this oasis of the dead. This year has seen one of Kashmir's bloodiest summers in over a decade - more than 100 civilians have lost their lives in an almost equal number of days in clashes with security forces.About 70,000 people have been killed in Kashmir since 1990.There are some telling epitaphs that point to the sentiments of freedom and feeling of subjugation in the valley: "When Slaves Are Martyred They Are Relieved of Their Pain," reads the tombstone of 22-year-old Ashiq Hussain, who was killed on 20 August 1996.Hmmmm......i wonder wich religion they practice since it's not mentioned in the article?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Turkey wants to refer flotilla report to General Assembly .Turkey is preparing to submit the results of the UN 'Human Rights Council' 'investigation' into the flotilla incident to the United Nations General Assembly.Ma'an has obtained a copy of the draft resolution that Turkey will present to the UN Human Rights Council this week endorsing follow-up recommendations on a UN-backed inquiry into Israel's deadly 31 May naval raid on a Gaza-bound aid flotilla.UN Watch reports that it submitted extensive documentation to the flotilla inquiry, which was disregarded.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:BacktoBasics.BORN IN THE USA?Doc missing statement candidate ‘qualified’ under U.S. Constitution.It long has been documented that when Barack Obama was picked by the Democratic Party to be its 2008 presidential candidate, only one state – Hawaii – was sent a document from Nancy Pelosi certifying that he was qualified under the requirements of the U.S. Constitution.Now a series of blogs reports are heating up the issue again, this time revealing documents that showed it apparently was Hawaii’s local Democratic Party that refused to include that certification on its paperwork naming Obama as its candidate.Even today, the Hawaii Democratic Party was staying mum, declining attempts by WND to obtain a comment on why it handled the 2008 presidential race paperwork as it did.The original report came from a commentator at Canada Free Press who revealed the Democrats failed to certify their candidate’s eligibility in 49 of the 50 states.See the movie Obama does not want you to see: Own the DVD that probes this unprecedented presidential eligibility mystery.Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:Amnon&Jonathan.What makes this boat JEWISH ?The Jewish flotilla's passengers include Rami Elhanan, whose daughter Smadar was killed by a suicide bomber in 1997.Read and see the whole story here.Click here for comments.
- Revealed: The maps that show the racial breakdown of America’s biggest cities.These are the maps that show the racial breakdown of America’s biggest cities.Using information from the latest U.S. census results, the maps show the extent to which America has blended together the races in the nation’s 40 largest cities.With one dot equalling 25 people, digital cartographer Eric Fischer then colour-coded them based on race, with whites represented by pink, blacks by blue, Hispanic by orange and Asians by green.The resulting maps may not represent what many might expect Barack Obama’s integrated rainbow nation to look like, as many cities have clear racial dividing lines.Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Turkish president speaks to CNN International: "Israel made a great mistake".When asked about impacts of the attack on Turkey-Israel relations, President Gül said, "this is not our choice, you see. We do not prefer this deterioration in relationship but unfortunately it was a great mistake from Israeli side because this blockage, embargo on Gaza.""We are not against Israel. We are not the enemy of Israel. But we do have the right to criticise wrong policies," he said.Hmmm... but we just love Iran?Replying to a question about Iran, President Gül said, "there are two ways to resolve this issue -- waging a war or using diplomacy. We prefer diplomacy."Get Turkey out of NATO now!Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:LogisticsMonster.Obama Planning An Internet Wiretapping Bill.Chairman Zero has a new bill coming next year according to the NY Times that would require ‘all services that enable communications‘ to technically comply with a wiretap order. This bullshit is out of freakin’ hand and I don’t want to hear one damn word about how great the liberty-usurping Patriot Act is or how it has protected us after 9.11. It’s been nothing but a ‘do-whatever-they-damn-well-please’ act for the federal government.Let’s just keep nudging the internet into a corner and very soon it isn’t going to matter anymore. Remember, the first target in a war is the lines of communication, and if you don’t think we are in a war for our liberties, I apologize for trying to tear you away from ‘American Idol’.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:BacktoBasics.ObamaCare Insurance Exemptions!"“The ObamaCare bill is the establishment of Dhimmitude and Sharia muslim diktat in the United States. Muslims are specifically exempted from the government mandate to purchase insurance, and also from the penalty tax for being uninsured. Islam considers insurance to be “gambling”, “risk-taking” and “usury” and is thus banned. Muslims are specifically granted exemption based on this. How convenient."ObamaCare discriminates against Christians and Jews by denying them special exemptions extended to other religions.If you are a mainstream Christian or a Jew, you need not apply to Opt Out of ObamaCare; that exemption is reserved for Muslims, Scientologists, Amish, Christian Scientists and Native American Indians who have a “conscientious objection” to insurance. A conscientious objection to theft committed by rouge politicians under the color of law with the threat of violence for non-compliance isn’t sufficient in America today to exempt average Americans from the stranglehold of government. Believe it or not, if you are a Muslim you may claim a special religious exemption to Obama-Care that is denied to main-stream Christians and Jews. Or if you prefer a New-Age religion to Islam, you may become a Scientologist and Opt Out of ObamaCare’s mandatory purchase of health insurance. Or, if you happen to be of Native American Indian extraction you too can opt out of the insurance laws by which everyone else in America must abide.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Welcome to the POLIN - Polish Jews Heritage portal, existing since 2006!A multimedia web portal that, among other things, provides information (in Polish) concerning towns where Jews lived before the Shoah.You will find here information and rich visual materials concerning places, where the Jewish life flourished before World War II. You can see pictures and movies presenting Jewish cemeteries, matzevot, synagogues and other monuments of Jewish culture. Links to each of the places will guide you through the history of local Jewish communities, most of which were destroyed by the Holocaust.Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Islamic body raps bishop’s remarks. Egypt’s top Islamic institution criticized a senior Coptic bishop who reportedly disputed the authenticity of some verses of the Quran, warning that the statement threatened Egypt’s national unity.Bishop Bishoy, head of the Coptic Church’s theological council and considered its No. 2 official, was quoted in Egyptian media reports as saying last week that some verses were inserted into the Muslim holy book after the death of the Prophet Muhammad. Muslim belief says the prophet received all verses through the archangel Gabriel during his lifetime. Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Mr. President, I feel hope-less.Three years ago, Bryant Park Hotel doorman Greg Smith, 46, once a diehard supporter of the Clintons, put his life on hold to cam paign for Barack Obama. Shortly after The Post fea tured Smith's conversion on the front page in April 2007, Obama called the doorman and asked him to introduce him on the cam paign trail. Now, 18 months after Obama's inaugura tion, Smith says he's losing hope for the change he once believed in.Two years later, I'm living a more sober reality.My life is not better. I'm a college graduate and I still can't get a good job.I'm back working as a doorman at a Manhattan hotel earning peanuts because my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer and I need the health insurance again.I share the same sentiments of Velma Hart, the woman who confronted Obama at a town hall last week, saying she was tired of defending him. The idea of leaving New York is even on the table.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:EyeOnTheWorld.Photo and video report from rally against proposed mosque in Sheepsheadbay, Brooklyn.This was the second rally organized by the Bay People Inc., the organization created by the people living in the Sheepshead Bay area of Brooklyn, NY. Like the first rally, between 200 and 300 people showed up, but this time, across the street there was a counter-rally of several dozen in support of the proposed mosque.Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Zambak becomes first Turkish publisher to provide content on English.A leading Turkish textbook publisher has signed a marketing deal with a publishing business giant for its English teaching set. Zambak’s set “The Learning Ladder” will be marketed to the world by Cambridge University Press.After a one-year pilot study about how the English teaching books prepared and published by Selt, a Zambak subsidiary, are received in various parts of the world, Cambridge University Press signed a partnership agreement with Zambak, according to a press release issued on Friday.Zambak, a Kaynak Holding subsidiary, currently dominates up to half of the market. Zambak/Selt Publications provides story-based instruction sets designed to deliver certain messages as well as auxiliary materials such as audio CDs, story cards, visual cards, puppets and smart board applications, which are highly popular among teachers.Stating that their products are liked by Cambridge because they use a sound methodology, are presented in a pleasing manner and are accompanied by rich auxiliary materials, Murat added: “What makes the books unique is that they are story-based and message-oriented. The book chapters contain stories about universal values that are suitable for children.”Moorcroft said in the press release that they chose Zambak/Selt’s ELT books for their quality in content, publishing and lines. “It teaches English to primary school students mostly using stories or songs. We needed such a product.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.