Thursday, September 16, 2010
- Kashmir: Muslims try to burn a Christian school (only in name).On 14 September another school risked being burnt: it is the Christ School in Poonch. Only police intervention stopped the mob just 500 meters from the building.In recent days, however, some Catholic schools were affected. Among them the Good Shepherd's School of missionary Jim Borst, in Pulwama. The mob burned the main building and two other buildings were looted. Witnesses said the protesters were from villages under the influence of "Allahwales" and Devbandis "fundamentalist groups close to the Wahhabis."These people - he added –are rounded up from nearby villages and incited to attack, inflamed by religious zeal."Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT.BacktoBasics.Internet Kill Switch Bill On Senate Short List.According to Moneycontrol.com, two separate bills — one pushed by Senators Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.), Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Thomas Carper (D-Del.) and another backed by Senators Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.) and Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) — have been combined and are now on the Senate’s short list for passage.The new bill would give the power to shut down the Internet in case of national emergency to the Department of Homeland Security. Under the bill the Internet could be closed down for four months before Congress could review it. The bill would also require cybersecurity professionals be certified.Of course, China disconnects portions of the Internet whenever there’s civil strife, as do other totalitarian regimes. It’s done to suppress the flow of information. Elites hate the free flow of information. Rockefeller has gone so far to say he wishes the Internet had never been invented and we still communicated with paper and pencil. Senate aides told Moneycontrol.com the bill faces a number of hurdles but the goal is to get the bill passed and on President Barack Obama’s desk by the end of the year. The bill could come up in the next four weeks, or it could be much later, aides said.This bill is about one thing: The totalitarian suppression of free speech. The elites and corporate press know they have lost control of the message. This has resulted in the rise of the Tea Party and general discontent over the direction of the American political system. That frightens the fascists on both sides of the aisle.The Internet Kill Switch Bill is their effort to regain control.Read the full story here.Click here for comments
- White House Insider: 'The President Is Losing It'.It hasn't gotten much press, but a former White House insider has reportedly dished the dirt on President Obama (anonymously, of course) -- and the revelations sound plausible indeed....Obama is scared to death of Hillary. He doesn’t trust her – obsesses over her almost as much as he does Fox News... when it comes down to it, she has played the game on a far tougher level than he has, and Obama knows that......I don’t have a problem saying that the president is losing it. I don’t mean he is like losing his mind. I mean to say that he is losing whatever spark he had during the campaign. When you take away the crowds, Obama gets noticeably smaller. He shrinks up inside of himself. He just doesn’t seem to have the confidence to do the job of President, and it’s getting worse and worse. Case in point – just a few days before I left, I saw first hand the President of the United States yelling at a member of his staff. He was yelling like a spoiled child. And then he pouted for several moments after. I wish I was kidding, or exaggerating, but I am not. The President of the United States threw a temper tantrum....I am going to come right out and say it – No [, another four years of Obama would not be a good thing]. Obama is not up to the job of being president. He simply doesn’t seem to care about the work involved. You want to know what? Obama is lazy. He really is. And it is getting worse and worse. Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:BreitBart.Tv.Video : Fort Hood Muslim Soldier Accuses Army Of Islamophobia.Zachari Klawonn of the U.S. Army discusses Islamophobia.Click here for comments.
- HT:TheInfidelBloggers.Undercover video: Boston public school kids pulled from mega-mosque field trip to participate in Muslim prayers, no intervention by school staff.Americans for Peace and Tolerance released a shocking video today showing 6th graders from Wellesley, MA being pulled from a field trip to a Boston mega-mosque and being induced to participate in afternoon prayers alongside Muslim men without any intervention by school authorities present or notification to parents.Yet the video reveals that the students are being blatantly mis-educated about Islam. A mosque spokesperson is seen teaching the children that in Mohammed’s 7th century Arabia women were allowed to vote, while in America women only gained that right a hundred years ago. This seems to be an increasingly recurring theme in American schools – the denigration of western civilization and the glorification of Islamic history and values. In fact, just recently, the American Textbook Council revealed that the New York State high school regents exam whitewashes the atrocities that occurred during the imperialistic Islamic conquest of Christian Byzantium, Persia, the African continent, and the Indian subcontinent, even as it demonizes European colonialism in South America.The mosque spokesperson also taught the students that the only meaning of Jihad in Islam is a personal spiritual struggle, and that Jihad has historically had no relationship with holy war. As far as we know, the school has not corrected these false lessons.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- US 'sees world influence declining' amid economic woe.There has been a sharp rise in the number of Americans who believe the US role as a world leader is on the decline, a survey suggests.The proportion of those saying the US is playing a less powerful global role than 10 years ago has risen from 17% in 2002 to 37%, the Chicago Council on Global Affairs said.Read and see the whole thing here.Click here for comments.
- Russia and Canada seek UN ruling on Lomonosov Ridge.Russia and Canada have said they will ask the UN to rule on their dispute over a resource-rich underwater Arctic mountain range, the Lomonosov Ridge.Both foreign ministers said after talks they were confident their respective country's claim would be upheld.Each argued that the ridge was an extension of their country's continental shelf, allowing them to exploit any mineral resources there.Arctic resources are becoming more accessible due to melting ice.The five Arctic powers - Russia, the US, Canada, Norway and Denmark - are engaged in a scramble to claim them.On Wednesday, Russia reached an agreement with Norway on demarcating their Arctic border in the Barents Sea.Russia's foreign minister also warned that Nato, of which Canada and the three other Arctic powers are members, should not become involved in settling territorial disputes in the Arctic.Unlike the Polar bear,the Russian bear is not fleeing for Global Warming?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Woman Who Dumped Newborn On Plane 'Was Raped'.A woman who gave birth to a baby on a flight from the Middle East and dumped it on the plane has said she was raped by her employer.The baby was found by in a rubbish bag that had apparently come from the bathroom on the Gulf Air flight from Bahrain.The Philippine woman said she was raped while working as a maid in Qatar and when she fell pregnant her boss's wife made her return home.She managed to hide her pregnancy and board the plane.But when she gave birth she abandoned the child because she was afraid of what her family would say, her representative, Lani Mercado, said.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:WeaselZippers.Poll: By a 65% – 38% Margin Texans Want Immigration-Enforcement Law Like Arizona’s.Nearly half of all Texans would repeal the constitutional promise of citizenship for anyone born on U.S. soil, and nearly two-thirds would favor Arizona-style state laws allowing the police to ask about the immigration status of anyone they stop for any reason, according to the latest University of Texas/Texas Tribune poll.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Carla Bruni, Michelle Obama deny 'hell' comment.In a new book released on Thursday in France, two French journalists claim that Michelle Obama told French first lady Carla Bruni that her life as the first lady of the United States is "hell," according to an account in the book cited by London’s Daily Mail. But in an e-mail on Thursday, Emmanuel Lenain, a spokesman at the French Embassy in Washington, said that Bruni "distances herself completely from the content of the book, ‘Carla and the Ambitious.’”We can feel her pain.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.The end of secular Turkey? What the US and the EU have ignored is the Turkish army's history as the bulwark of secularism and the ruling AKP party's bid - especially in the last four years - to turn Turkey into an Islamist state. I've already noted the vote's ominous implications for Israel and for Turkey's small Jewish community. But the rest of the world doesn't yet seem to understand the urgency of the situation.NATO? American and Israeli weapons systems? Do I need to continue listing the implications of an Islamist Turkey?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:Amnon&Jonathan.That's the reason why Turkey is a member of NATO !Anti-Israel flotilla thriller for Turkey.An anti-Israeli movie featuring a Turkish agent avenging the killing of the nine Turks aboard the Gaza-bound flotilla in May will be shown in Turkish cinemas next month.The Valley of the Wolves - Palestine is a follow-up to the movie The Valley of the Wolves - Iraq, which three years ago showed a Turkish agent fighting the US occupation forces in Iraq. At the time, the film caused considerable tension between the US and Turkey and was seen as one reason for the growing anti-Americanism in Turkey.The new movie shows the same agent and his team pursuing the Israeli commander, "Moshe", who ordered the raid on the Gaza-bound Turkish ship Mavi Marmara last May. The movie also shows scenes of alleged atrocities perpetrated by the IDF in Gaza and the West Bank.The director of the film, Zubeyr Sasmaz, told reporters that the aim was to highlight the drama of the Palestinian people under Israeli occupation and to help viewers realise the "savage behaviour" of the Israelis.A spokesman for the company said he did not care about Israel's reaction."We don't expect any sound judgement from them," he said.The Valley of the Wolves - Palestine a.k.a. "Blame the Jooows"!Director :Ahmadenejad ,script :Erdogan.Sound : Hezbollah an all Mullah production!Sounds completely like Ahmadenejad talking no?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Erdogan: Turkey wants to triple trade with Iran within 5 years.Turkish prime minister's statement comes at a time when sanctions are scaring off Western investors from Iran.Turkey wants to triple its trade volume with Iran within five years, Turkey's prime minister told businessmen on Thursday, at a time when sanctions are scaring off Western investors from the Islamic Republic.Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan and Iranian First Vice President Mohammad Reza Rahimi oversaw the meeting which brought together over a hundred businessmen, including Turkish investors eager to buy into Iran's mostly government-owned textile, machinery and automotive industries.Get Turkey out of Nato ...Now!Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Turkey may bar Greek Orthodox mass at Hagia Sophia.About 200 Greek Orthodox Christians want to travel to Istanbul to try to hold mass at the former basilica of Hagia Sophia, defying Turkish law that bars religious services in what is now a museum.Turkish Foreign Ministry official said Ankara could stop the group from entering Turkey if they pose a security threat.Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan's government has lifted curbs on Christian worship at other sites under a EU-inspired drive to improve human rights. It has ruled out services at Hagia Sophia.Ok..... so much for the pretending of "Religious tolerance"that's all folks.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Iran, Syria says IAEA must focus on Israel.Western powers pressed Syria to give UN inspectors access to the remains of a suspected nuclear site in the desert, but Damascus and its ally Iran said the focus should be on Israel, which bombed it to rubble.The US envoy to the International Atomic Energy Agency, speaking during a debate on Syria at its governing board that began on Wednesday, said Washington would back the agency's use of "all tools" at its disposal to advance the probe.It has been over two years since the IAEA was allowed to inspect the Dair Alzour site, destroyed by Israel in 2007.Arab states, backed by Iran, also want the IAEA to focus attention on Israel's presumed nuclear arsenal. They are expected next week to seek backing for an IAEA assembly resolution calling on Israel to sign an anti-nuclear arms pact.Who's willing to bet that Turkey And the US will also be demanding this?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Israel: Hamas fired phosphorous to harm peace.Letter sent to UN chief asks him to condemn rocket attacks that 'deliberately targeted civilians in south'. Israel's new ambassador to the UN, Meron Reuben, sent a letter of complaint to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon regarding the white phosphorous rockets launched from Gaza Wednesday. The letter was also sent to the current Security Council President Ertuğrul Apakan."Such terrorism coupled with Hamas’ total rejection of any negotiated settlement reinforces Israel’s decision to exercise its right of self-defense against Hamas and all other groups that threaten and endanger Israeli citizens."A letter to a Turkish Security Council President,can't wait for the results of that action.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:Philosemitism.Belgian NGO incites children to shoot at Israeli soldiers at the Ghent Fair.At the famous and very popular Ghent Festivities, which took place in July, a Flemish NGO had an anti-Israel stand where the big attraction was aimed at children. Young children were invited to shoot at figurines representing Israeli soldiers placed on boats floating in a small aquarium. The weapon for shooting/killing Israelis was a coin and the money thus raised will serve to fund a new hate flotilla.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- White House Science Czar Says He Would Use ‘Free Market’ to ‘De-Develop the United States’.“De-development means bringing our economic system (especially patterns of consumption) into line with the realities of ecology and the global resource situation,” Holdren and the Ehrlichs wrote.Holdren responded: “What we meant by that was stopping the kinds of activities that are destroying the environment and replacing them with activities that would produce both prosperity and environmental quality. Thanks a lot.”CNSNews.com then asked: “And how do you plan on implementing that?”“Through the free market economy,” Holdren said.Read the full
How to destroy Americastory here.Click here for comments.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Joseph's tomb to be reopened.It's been ten years since an IDF soldier bled to death trying to defend Joseph's tomb. When the IDF was ordered to abandon the tomb by then-Prime Minister Ehud Barak - after he forced the soldiers to cower inside for hours - the tomb was abandoned and destroyed by the 'Palestinians.' For the last ten years, Jews have only visited the tomb (which, under the terms of the Oslo Accords, is supposed to be under Israeli control) in the dark of night under heavy IDF protection.Now a new dome has been built atop the tomb - but by a 'Palestinian' contractor. The Jews in the area would like a constant Jewish presence at the tomb, and would like to be able to visit the tomb whenever they want. It doesn't look like it's happening.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- ObamaNomics: U.S. Poverty Rate Jumps to 14.3%, Highest in 16 Years.The number of people in poverty rose to the highest level on record in 2009, the Census Bureau reported Thursday, pegging the U.S. poverty rate at 14.3 percent. The national rate is the highest since 1994 and among the working-age poor the highest level since the 1960s. The Census Bureau says that about 43.6 million people, or 1 in 7, were in poverty last year. That's up from 39.8 million, or 13.2 percent, in 2008, and the largest number since poverty estimates were first recorded in 1959 -- the U.S. population has also grown by more than 130 million in that time.The statistics released Thursday cover President Obama's first year in office, when unemployment topped 10 percent in the months after the financial meltdown. The report comes at a sensitive time with the midterm congressional elections just weeks away and lawmakers trying to show their efforts have helped drag the economy out of a rut.--Child poverty rose from 19 percent to 20.7 percent.Beginning next year, the government plans to publish new, supplemental poverty figures that are expected to show even higher numbers of people in poverty than previously known. The figures will incorporate rising costs of medical care, transportation and child care, a change analysts believe will add to the ranks of both seniors and working-age people in poverty.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Imam Rauf’s Cordoba House: Inter-Faith Symbol Or Icon For The Muslim World? here is an excerpt from a transcript of Feisal Abdul Rauf’s radio interview in Egypt with Radio Hurytna published on February 5th, 2010, in which he cast Cordoba House in a rather different light:It will be praise be to Allah a structure that will be an icon and the Muslim community will be proud of, not only in America Muslim community in New York but in the entire Muslim world.Icon? Why did he choose a term that in a religious context is associated with Eastern Orthodox churches and is defined in the dictionary as ”a sacred picture representing the Virgin Mary, Christ, a saint, or a martyr?”Why is Imam Rauf telling his Muslim audience in Egypt that the Ground Zero mosque/community center will be an icon that Muslims can be proud of rather than say that it will be a symbol of understanding and mutual tolerance that people of all faiths can be proud of?Imam Rauf, the leader of the Cordoba House initiative to build a 13 story “icon” for the Muslim world two blocks from Ground Zero, is looking to create institutions here in the United States that will help “ensure Islamic law and remove any that contradict with Shariah.”Expressing concern and skepticism about all of this is just old-fashioned American-style common sense, not intolerance.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Nightclub forced to change its name from Mecca after threats from Muslim extremists.A popular Spanish nightclub has been forced to change its name from Mecca after sparking a furious reaction around the Islamic world.Intelligence chiefs warned owners they were being targeted by extremists who claim the disco is insulting to their religion.Hackers broke into the nightclub's website and posted a video threatening 'a great war between Spain and the people of Islam' if the venue did not change its name.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Iran Protests Cancelled Koran Burning by Asking Artists to Submit Cartoons Showing the Koran Being Desecrated.As Iran continues to react angrily over desecration of the Quran, it is turning to cartoons as an outlet for its outrage over perceived “Islamophobia.”An institution in Tehran is inviting caricaturists from around the world to submit cartoons for an online exhibition in response to Florida Pastor Terry Jones’s threat to burn copies of the Quran to mark the ninth anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks.Suggested themes are “Devil against Holly [sic] Books,” “Burning Quran,” and “Devil against Human Nature.” Jones is the author of a book entitled “Islam is of the Devil.”Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Iran forces 'raid' office of opposition leader Mousavi.Iranian security forces have raided the office of opposition leader Mir Hossein Mousavi, his website has reported.Agents entered the premises late on Wednesday and took away computers and some of his belongings, it said.The statement described the attack as a "new phase of restrictions". The Iranian government has not commented.Mr Mousavi lost last year's presidential election to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in a vote that he and other opposition figures say was rigged."With the attack by plainclothes security agents on the office of Mr Mousavi, it seems that another phase of restrictions has started," the statement on Kaleme.com said.Read the full story here.More on this story here.Click here for comments.
- African Big Brother slammed as man slaps a woman during foul-mouthed row... and is allowed to remain in the house.A heavily-built Big Brother contestant avoided punishment after he pushed and then slapped a woman live on TV in a new low for the programme.Producers of the African version of the show were accused of condoning domestic violence after the female contestant was assaulted, watched by viewers from 14 countries.Ugandan Hannington Kuteesa, 24, thumped South African Lerato Sengadi, 26, during the Endemol-produced show, the same firm behind Britain's version.Read and see the whole story here.Click here for comments.
- Democrats spend on anti-health-reform advertisements.Democratic candidates are spending three times more advertising against the health reform law than they are in support of it.Since the beginning of Congress’s August recess, Democratic candidates have poured $930,000 into ads deriding the health overhaul but just $300,000 in pro-reform spots, according to Evan Tracey at Kantar Media.Hmmm does dear leader know this?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
Posted by Will at 3:14 PM
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Time Magazine Jerusalem bureau chief says he didn't write 'Why Israel doesn't care about peace' title.Here's an interview with Karl Vick, the Jerusalem bureau chief for Time Magazine and the author of the infamous Time article that was featured on the cover pictured at left, in which Vick says that he did not write the inflammatory headline that has been heard around the world. In an exclusive interview from Jerusalem, Karl Vick, author of the TIME story entitled "Why Israel Doesn't Care About Peace" [September 13, 2010] explains to Mark S. Golub, president of Shalom TV, that he had nothing to do with the words appearing on the magazine cover.Time Magazine Cover "It's not my title," he tells Golub. "[The] people who put together these covers are trying to be as provocative as they can."Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Obama's Sergeant Schultz imitation.Our inglorious President Obama, becoming ever more desperate, is flailing around in a panic. He is lashing out at Republicans in general, and the ones that he knows are the most dangerous to him and the Democrats, in particular. He is behaving like a man who has lost all control of the economy and himself. Obama’s rants and claims defy common sense and sound like ravings of a man coming unhinged.Rather than admit his radical leftwing policies are the problem not the solution, Obama refuses to see any problems. He is using the "I hear nothing, I see nothing, I know nothing!" tactic used by Sergeant Schultz of Hogan’s Heroes to avoid being blamed for anything. Schultz was afraid what he would learn, if he opened his eyes or listened, could send him on a one-way trip to the Russian Front.Obama is afraid voters could send him on a one-way trip back to the left side of Chicago as a community organizer.Every piece of legislation enacted by this Congress and Obama has been a part of their radical, socialist agenda and contrary to the wishes of the American people.Is it any wonder that Obama said that information can be distracting, and then told people not to watch Fox News or listen to talk-radio? He is trying his best to distract the American people by withholding, obfuscating, and lying about the information we receive.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- What If Obama’s Wrong?Over the weekend, President Obama repeated in connection with the 9/11 observances a now-familiar incantation: “We are not at war against Islam. We are at war against terrorist organizations that have distorted Islam or falsely used the banner of Islam.” (From his Weekly Address on September 11th) And “…As Americans we are not – and never will be – at war with Islam. It was not a religion that attacked us that September day – it was al Qaeda, a sorry band of men which perverts religion.” (Excerpt from his address at the Pentagon also on Saturday).These comments capture the essence of Mr. Obama’s policy towards the roots of terrorism. His administration’s understanding of the threat and its approach to contending with that danger flow directly from his conviction that they have nothing to do with Islam, except to the extent al Qaeda “perverts” or “hijacks” that religion.But what if this characterization of the problem we continue to face nine years after 9/11 is simply and utterly wrong? What if there actually is a direct tie between what recognized, mainstream authorities of Islam call “shariah” and the jihad (or holy war) it demands of adherents, some of which is manifested as terrifying violence?What if, in addition, jihadists engage in non-violent – and, in some ways, far more insidious – efforts to accomplish the same goal: the supremacy of shariah worldwide under a caliph?These questions have been the focus of an intensive six-month study by a remarkable group of highly accomplished civilian and military national security professionals.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Musharraf “ready to return to politics”.The former president, in exile in London, announced his intention to stand for election in 2013 with a new party. While the Minister for Minorities complains: "The Taliban and al-Qaeda gain in strength in the country".Meanwhile, the tragedy of flood victims in Pakistan continues unabated and the Minister for Minorities, Shahbaz Bhatti, complains: "The Taliban and al-Qaeda presence in the country is increasing. They are behind the latest attacks on Christians. "The former president did not specify where he will launch his party - called the All Pakistan Muslim League - but according to reports the event could take place in London. The return of Musharraf to the political scene could change the situation for minorities in the country, under the constant threat of Islamic extremists. A military man by profession, the former president is moving towards an authoritarian government but one that is also extremely tough on fundamentalists.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Hamas shuts restaurant that lets woman smoke pipe.Hotel restaurant ordered closed for 3 days, owner says due to violation of ban on women smoking water pipes; Hamas police deny violation is reason for closure."The police have decided to ban women from smoking water pipes in open, public places because it is against our customs, traditions and social norms," Hamas Interior Ministry spokesman Ihab al-Ghussein told AFP at the time the ban was announced."Smoking is bad for your health,phosphorus grenades and bombs on the other hand are "Healthy"?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Paladino: No Mosque Wherever The 9/11 Human Remain Dust Cloud Landed."I'm talking about an Imam who made prior statements about bringing in sharia law to America, and having the Muslim community practice under the American constitution their sharia law," Paladino said. "That's not kosher for us."Sanchez asked where Paladino's assertions about Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf came from."Where do you get the information that says that he wants everyone killed who doesn't believe the way he believes?" Sanchez said."I've read reports of his prior writings which talk about introduction of sharia law," Paladino responded. "That's what sharia law says,Sir." "Ground Zero for me is the extended site over which the dust cloud containing human remains traveled," he went on. "That Ground Zero site will be protected in the memory of those who fell at the World Trade Center, as well as the memory of the thousands and thousands of soldiers -- of American and Allied soldiers -- that fell in the ensuing wars, and the 150,000 troops we still have over there defending our right to speak like this today."Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- On the Advice of the FBI, Cartoonist Molly Norris Disappears From View.You may have noticed that Molly Norris' comic is not in the paper this week. That's because there is no more Molly.The gifted artist is alive and well, thankfully. But on the insistence of top security specialists at the FBI, she is, as they put it, "going ghost": moving, changing her name, and essentially wiping away her identity. She will no longer be publishing cartoons in our paper or in City Arts magazine, where she has been a regular contributor. She is, in effect, being put into a witness-protection program—except, as she notes, without the government picking up the tab. It's all because of the appalling fatwa issued against her this summer, following her infamous "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day" cartoon.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Indian Muslim leaders slam anti-Christian attacks in Kashmir and Punjab.Desecrating a sacred text is a “despicable and uncivilised” act. The desecration of churches in Punjab and Kashmir must also be condemned, Muslim leaders in India said. For them, the proposal of a US clergyman to burn the Qur‘an and the attack against Christian places of worship in India are both disgraceful.“Islam specifically prohibits such acts and behaviour,” they noted. “We urge the authorities concerned to take stern legal action against the culprits.”“Whatever the provocation,” they added. “Muslims should limit their disapproval and protest against such incidents to peaceful demonstrations, press statements and memoranda to the authorities concerned.”Meanwhile, the chief ministers of Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab have called for greater security for Christian communities in the areas affected by the violence.Islam forbids violence,but it has been the cause for violence in the past 1400 years?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Erection of cross on Akdamar Armenian church partially solved.Difficulties over the erection of a 100-kilogram cross on the Cathedral of the Holy Cross on Akdamar Island in Lake Van have been partially solved as the cross was temporarily placed on a wooden base.The Turkish government agreed to open the 1,100-year-old Cathedral of the Holy Cross for a one-day religious service on Sept. 19, an event that is to become an annual occurrence.Many believe a religious service at the historic church, which is now a state museum, could be a symbol of reconciliation between Turkey and Armenia, two neighbors bitterly divided over history and the fate of the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh region.It seems that for Turkey religious freedom is a joke : "one mass a year and a church cross on a wooden base."Sounds like a travesty of religion.Is the truth not that the church may not be higher then the Mosque,and that's what's holding down the cross?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Obama Says He Won't `Walk Away' From Overhaul of U.S.Immigration Security.“I know that many of you campaigned hard for me, and understandably you’re frustrated we haven’t been able to move this over the finish line,” the president said at the Hispanic Caucus Institute’s annual awards dinner in Washington. “But let me be clear: I will not walk away from this fight.”Ok we all know what "Let me be clear means? What he really means is "I won't stop blaming others for my short comings?"Read the full
whiningstory here.Click here for comments.
- Roger Kimball unveils the ObamaCare money chart.You know how the liberals progressives continually whine that we spend too much money on health care?Because they're economic illiterates, I'll explain this phenomenon really slowly so they'll understand:Because......... we......... can.Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Harvard's Marty Peretz Problem.The longtime New Republic editor ignited a flame war by denouncing Muslim life as “cheap.” Now he’s off to Harvard to be honored. Benjamin Sarlin on the controversy heading toward campus.Martin Peretz, the owner and longtime editor in chief of The New Republic, is no stranger to fights over Middle East politics. His far-right views on Israeli politics and the Arab world have turned him into a constant target for progressive critics. And the pugnacious Peretz has been all too happy to fire right back.But Peretz’s latest salvo—a blog post branding Muslim life “cheap”—ignited a firestorm that won’t be easy to extinguish. And as he heads to Harvard next week to be feted for his work as a professor and donor, he’s bringing the controversy to campus—drawing condemnation from the Muslim advocacy group CAIR, and a response from Cambridge.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Iran airs 'interview with Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani'.Iranian state TV has aired footage of a woman, claiming to be the one sentenced to death by stoning, saying she has not been lashed or tortured.A blurry image showed a woman in a chador purporting to be Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, who was convicted of adultery in 2006.The woman says that the reports of her being recently punished for a newspaper photograph were "false and rumours".Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:ShalomLife:White Phosphorous Mortars Fired from Gaza into Israel.Several of the nine mortars fired from Gaza into Israel on Wednesday contained white phosphorous, according to Israeli police statements.A police spokesperson told the Jerusalem Post that two phosphorous mortars hit southern Israel. No injuries or damage to property has been so far reported."A police bomb disposal team examined a number of mortars that were fired today. We can confirm that two out of the nine mortars contained phosphorous," said Micky Rosenfeld.Israeli police told the newspaper that this was not the first time phosphorous mortars were launched into Israel from Hamas-controlled Gaza..White phosphorous weapons are banned by the Geneva Convention.“They cause burns among victims and they kill. This is an agricultural area, and we now have to explain to farmers how to deal with burns in light of the phosphorus mortars," the leader of the Eshkol Regional Council, Haim Yalin, told the Jerusalem Post."So long as this autonomous Iranian entity in Gaza continues to exist, we will be fired on. We have received only fundamentalism from Gaza and fire," Yalin said.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Ground Zero mosque imam Feisal Rauf is a no-show in New Jersey court.While the Imam behind plans for a mosque near Ground Zero was jetting around the globe and advocating for his Downtown project, a pair of dilapidated apartment buildings he owns in New Jersey fell into such disrepair that cops have to stand watch in the event of a fire.The fire watch, at taxpayer expense, was revealed during a court hearing today when Union City lawyers asked to have two buildings owned by Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf placed into receivership so that rent s could be used to fix dozens of violations, including inoperable alarms and sprinklers.Rauf skipped today’s hearing as did his wife Daisy Khan. Their lawyer, Tomas Espinosa, said he didn’t know why the Imam didn’t come to court.“There have been a lot of stress on these people,” Espinosa said when asked after the hearing to explain why Rauf was a no-show “The legal process will show that my client is an honorable man that has taken care of his property.”Asked why he was confident that Rauf would prevail, Espinosa said of the Imam, “There is integrity and character,” adding, “He is a man of peace.”Indeed the building sprinkler system fell to "pieces"?But Union City officials insist Rauf is a slumlord.Union City filed its lawsuit against Rauf on Monday, charging that he has refused to comply with dozens of building violations, some dating back to 1996 for two properties he owns at 2206 Central Ave. More here.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:AmnonandJonathan.WALID SHOEBAT."Allah is God..." - And if not?The Israeli Palestinian peace talks that have been revived by the US government are getting underway, hallelujah!I have some very unconventional proposals on how the Israeli government should open up its negotiating position to get the talks going for their ultimate success.First they need to declare that Israel will never recognize the Palestinian nation under any circumstances. Second they need to suggest that Israel will send all Arabs living in Israel, Judea and Samaria eviction notices and that all Arabs who live in all those areas be ready to leave on a one way ticket to Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon or any other Arab country of their choosing by Dec 31st 2010. The Land of Israel surely belongs to the Jews and Arabs have no right to be living even near a Jew. Finally all mosques including the Al Aqsa mosque should all be burnt to the ground and will be on January 1st 2011.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Zawahri threatens Turkey for fourth time this year.Al Qaeda’s number two Ayman al-Zawahri released an audio recording on Wednesday, calling on Pakistanis and Turkish Muslims to rise up against their government because of its involvement in Afghanistan.“The Muslim Turkish people must confront the behavior of their government, which is participating in the Muslim-killing campaign in Afghanistan,” he said. “The same holds true for the government of Pakistan.” Turkey has 1,755 troops serving with NATO’s International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan. Turkey is also involved in training Afghan security forces both in Turkey and in Afghanistan.“The Turkish troops will carry out the same operations in Afghanistan that the Jews are carrying out in Palestine, so how would the pious, free Turkish Muslim people accept such a crime against Islam and the Muslims?” Zawahiri asked as he threatened Turkey in his February speech.Follow the dots ....Ahmadenejad.....Erdogan.......Zawahiri what connects them all?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Transatlantic survey shows Turks choosing to cooperate with MidEast.According to the 2010 Transatlantic Trends public opinion survey released yesterday by the German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF), the percentage of Turks who said Turkey should act in closest cooperation with countries in the Middle East on international matters has doubled to 20 percent from 2009 figures. Furthermore, the majority of Turks were not concerned about Iran acquiring nuclear weapons, in sharp contrast with the European Union and the United States respondents, who were concerned.When it comes to the question of how to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons, 25 percent of Turkish respondents said a nuclear Iran is acceptable, in contrast to 4 percent of the Americans and 6 percent of the Europeans surveyed.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:Loganswarning.Texas Takes Aim at anti-Christian, Pro-Islamic Textbooks.Now in Texas we see of another example of America turning against Islam. This time it is in the classrooms, which is obviously great news for our side.Texas education board to consider rule on Islam’s portrayal in textbooksJust when it appeared the State Board of Education was done with the culture wars, the panel is about to wade into the issue of what students should learn about Islam.The board will consider a resolution next week that would warn publishers not to push a pro-Islamic, anti-Christian viewpoint in world history textbooks.A preliminary draft of the resolution states that “diverse reviewers have repeatedly documented gross pro-Islamic, anti-Christian distortions in social studies texts” across the U.S. and that past social studies textbooks in Texas also have been “tainted” with pro-Islamic, anti-Christian views.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Team Bloomberg Must Wear the Campaign FAIL of Reshma Saujani.Mike Bloomberg’s White House aspirations look a bit dimmer today in the wake of the drubbing that Reshma Saujani took in her primary race against Carolyn Maloney yesterday.The conventional wisdom among Democratic “strategists” is that if the economy is good in 2012, Obama wins the presidential election in a walk. And if it’s not, Mike Bloomberg will probably run a third party challenge.There is some really twisted logic behind the notion that Obama would be vulnerable in 2012 if the economy’s bad, and yet the country would look to a creature of Wall Street like Mike Bloomberg for salvation. Of course, it’s equally twisted that the tea parties exploded in response to the bank bailouts, and yet Bain Capital billionaire Mitt Romney is their favorite for 2012. Maybe that gave them hope.But it didn’t work out so well yesterday. The millions that Wall Street pumped into Saujani’s campaign at the behest of Team Bloomberg cast her irrevocably as a tool of Wall Street in the eyes of voters who have had quite enough from the financial oligarchy. She wound up with only a pathetic 19% of the vote.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:From NY to Jerusalem, Daniel Greenfield Covers the Stories Behind the News.Tolerance is a Cooperative Value.The most important thing to understand about tolerance is that it is a cooperative value. It can only work by way of mutual agreement. A one sided tolerance translates either as disdain or fearful appeasement. It is often this second kind of tolerance that people speak of today, when they describe how they tolerate a noisy neighbor or a difficult family member. What they really mean is they have become unwilling to respond to offensive behavior out of fear or more commonly a sense of futility.This is the brand of tolerance that most Americans practice today, dutifully ignoring offenses, until something occurs that passes all boundaries of decency. Like the Ground Zero Mosque.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Catty Carla Bruni lifts lid on Michelle Obama's 'hellish' job.Michelle Obama thinks being America’s First Lady is ‘hell’, Carla Bruni reveals today in a wildly indiscreet new book.Miss Bruni reveals that Mrs Obama replied when asked about her position as the U.S. president’s wife: ‘Don’t ask! It’s hell. I can’t stand it!Yeah we can imagine it, all those vacations and parties really a nightmare from hell.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- DOJ opening Muslim civil rights office in Metro Detroit?The Department of Justice will announce Wednesday it is creating a civil rights unit for the Detroit region.The move comes at a time of thorny relations among police agencies and a Muslim civil rights group that has sued for information related to the killing of a Detroit mosque leader, who died during a shootout with the FBI.Thomas E. Perez, assistant attorney general for the Civil Rights division, will make the announcement at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday in Detroit along with U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade and Andrew Arena, special agent in charge of the FBI in Detroit.Last month, the Council on American-Islamic Relations’ Michigan chapter filed Freedom of Information Act lawsuits in Wayne Circuit Court against the Detroit and Dearborn police departments. The group also has sued the Michigan State Police, which was part of a task force that conducted raids that led to the death of Imam Luqman Ameen Abdullah at a Dearborn warehouse in October.Are we seeing the first stone in the groundwork of an separate Islamic law for Muslims in the USA?Perhaps a separate supreme Islamic court in the Ground Zero Mosque ,since Rauf just loves Sharia law?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Pennsylvania: Tea Party Protesters Added to Homeland Security’s List of Possible Terror Threats.An activist who believes he was improperly included on a state terror threat list said this morning he is preparing a federal lawsuit."When people's civil rights are trampled it's a federal issue," said Gene Stilp of Harrisburg, who holds a Virginia law license but does not practice as an attorney."The governor was outraged. I'm outraged. I'm glad this was put an end to, but we will be seeking answers. ... There will be requests of information from the state government for an explanation of who these people are, who made the decision to essentially engage in espionage and who is behind it.""I thought this was a free country and I was allowed to have my own opinion," Pribila said. "Now what, you're going to watch me and every move I make? That's not right."Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:TheAmericanDream.15 Bone Chilling Signs That Part Two Of The Double Dip Housing Crash Has Begun.These are harrowing times for anyone trying to sell a home or for anyone who is trying to make a living in the housing industry. But unfortunately, there are a whole lot of signs that things are about to get quite a bit worse. U.S. home sales have hit record lows in recent months. An increasing number of sellers have started to reduce their asking prices, and there are signs that home prices are already starting to slip substantially in many areas of the country. Meanwhile, the inventory of unsold homes in the United States continues to rapidly increase. Home foreclosures and bank repossessions of homes continue to set all-time records. What this all means is that the U.S. housing market is being absolutely flooded with homes for sale at a time when there are very few buyers. There is way too much supply and not nearly enough demand and as a result home prices are being pressured downward. The home buyer tax credits that the U.S. government was bribing home buyers with helped stabilize the U.S. housing market for a while, but now the tax credits have expired and things are getting scary out there.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Cutting the Pentagon budget: Get rid of officer pilots, let enlisted fly drones.Defense Secretary Robert Gates is going to need some radical solutions in order to realize the kind of budget cuts he wants. Here is one that will make the Air Force kick and moan, but I think the argument has merit.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Shock Audio: Facing ‘Obligations’ From Leadership, Democrat Congresswoman Leaves Voicemail for Lobbyist Cash.A couple weeks ago, House Member Eleanor Holmes Norton made a fundraising call to a lobbyist. The lobbyist wasn’t available, so Holmes Norton left a voicemail.We have been given a copy of that message. The audio is below.Read and hear the whole thing here.Click here for comments.
- Sharif El-Gamal, developer of Ground Zero mosque, evicted from SoHo office for racking up back rent.Sharif El-Gamal, who runs the real estate firm Soho Properties and is heading the project two blocks from Ground Zero, was slapped with eviction proceedings last month after tallying up $39,000 in back rent, a Manhattan Housing Court filing shows.The management company that runs 552 Broadway, where El-Gamal leases space, said in the filing that he was warned in July and given until mid-August to pay up.But when the August deadline passed, management company Royal Crospin Corp. filed the eviction notice.It's not the first time El-Gamal's company has fallen behind in rent.Royal Crospin sued Soho Properties last year for nearly $89,000 in back rent. El-Gamal's firm paid $56,000 to settle.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Clone food 'in all our shops within two years' watchdog reveals.Food and animals of clone origin could be secretly spread across supermarket shelves and farms within two years, watchdogs admitted yesterday.The Food Standards Agency (FSA) board said it would be impossible to set up a regime to trace and label food from ‘Frankenfarm’ animals.It claimed the international trade in embryos and semen from clone animals is already so widespread that it cannot be stopped or regulated. As a result, consumers could soon be routinely eating meat and milk from the offspring of cloned cattle without knowing about it.In an astonishing admission, the FSA chairman, Lord Jeff Rooker, said: ‘You can’t regulate what you can’t count and what you can’t check on . Thatisan impossibility. ‘How can we prevent the public being misled? We can’t on this.’Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:IsraelMatzav.Too good not to share: Obamopoly.The object of the game is to destroy American capitalism by having the government take over everything! Wanna Play? No? Too bad, you're already playing.Read and see the whole thing here.Click here for comments.
- Microsoft launches Internet Explorer 9.Microsoft has launched its new web browser and made it available for download.The software giant says Internet Explorer 9 has higher graphic capabilities than its rivals.It says IE9 has an advantage over competitors like Google's Chrome because it can use of all of a computer's processing power.UK Windows business Director Leila Martine showed Rory Cellan-Jones some of the new features.Download link on yesterday Afternoon posting!Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
Posted by Will at 8:32 AM