Friday, September 10, 2010
- ‘Like a Dog’: The Origins of Barack Obama’s Petulance.I would be miffed too if I were Obama.Obama in just twenty months has developed a reputation for being petulant, unusually sensitive to the normal run-of-the-mill criticism. His latest pushback was his strangest so far: “And they’re not always happy with me. They talk about me like a dog. That’s not in my prepared remarks, it’s just — but it’s true.”Given that Obama has previously called out talk radio critics by name — Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh — attacked everything from limb-lopping surgeons to vacationing at Las Vegas, and in condescending fashion tsk-tsked those who attend Glen Beck rallies, rural Pennsylvanians, and his own “typical white person”grandmother who raised him, his thin-skin touchiness seems inexplicable.Surely the most powerful man in the world knows that when you elevate talk radio critics to near-equal adversaries, then one cannot complain that they press their now high-profile serial attacks even further.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Video : Deadline Expired. What Will Jones Do?
- Ahmadinejad: Koran burning will bring about Israel's annihilation!Iran president calls U.S. pastor's plan to burn copies of Koran on Sept. 11 anniversary a violation of the teachings of all religions.Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Friday condemned plans by a Florida pastor to burn copies of the Koran, saying that it was a Zionist plot that would bring about Israel's annihilation.I think if he has gas it must be the Zionists also who are behind it.lol.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:Amnon and Jonathan.Sep 11, 2010 - BE THERE !Where is "Ground Zero"? No problem! Just click HERE and you'll BE THERE !Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Koran Burning Pastor's Two-Hour Deadline.The pastor at the centre of the Koran-burning row has given a New York imam two hours to contact him about plans to build an Islamic centre near Ground Zero.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.HT:BarenakedIslam.
- Demonstrations against pastor, church set on fire in Pakistan.The Muslim world reacts to the ‘Burn-the-Qur‘an’ with protests. Christians come under pressure, despite their condemnation of the initiative. For the bishop of Lahore, Jones is “insane”.Reports from Pakistan say that Muslim extremists have attacked three churches in Narowal District, setting one on fire in Saidpur village. Extremist groups have also announced that they would burn all Christian churches in the country if Jones burnt the Qur‘an.Pakistan’s .8 million Christians are under tremendous pressure, even though as soon as news about the Florida clergyman’s plans became public knowledge, Churches and Christian organisations firmly condemned the initiative. Mgr Alexander John Malik, bishop of Lahore, said that Terry Jones was “insane”, adding that he was getting a lot of cheap popularity for such an evil act.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- EXCLUSIVE: Pentagon Attempts to Block Book on Afghan War.On the eve of Sept. 11, Fox News has learned the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency has attempted to block a book about the tipping point in Afghanistan and a controversial pre-9/11 data mining project called "Able Danger."In a highly unusual move, the Department of Defense is now negotiating with the publisher, St. Martin's Press, to buy all 10,000 copies of the first printing of the book to keep it off shelves -- even after the U.S. Army had cleared the book for release.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- An Even More Controversial Pastor In Tennessee Announces Plans To Burn The Koran On 9/11.The leader of an evangelical ministry called Disciples of Christ, Bob Old of Springfield, Tennessee, has said that regardless of any public pressure to do otherwise, he plans to burn the Koran on Saturday, September 11. Old had been the pastor of the First Baptist Church in Joelton and Academy Heights Baptist Church in Gallatin, Tennessee. He currently does not have a congregation.Said Old, "If they want to have their religion, they can have it somewhere else. I believe that other religions are a threat to our faith and our beliefs. People may say that I am crazy, but I am not."Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Another vacation in the make:Obama excited about India visit: US envoy.The envoy said Obama’s visit to India, likely early November, would be “extraordinary”.“The president calls it indispensable partnership today in the 21st century between the two countries… the global partnership.”Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- No, Professor Ahmed, the Founders Were Not So Fond of Islam.While doing the MSM circuit this week, American University professor Akbar Ahmed told some whoppers about Adams, Jefferson, and Franklin.John Adams did indeed own a Quran — the copy he owned contained the following in the preface:This book is a long conference of God, the angels, and Mahomet, which that false prophet very grossly invented; sometimes he introduceth God, who speaketh to him, and teacheth him his law, then an angel, among the prophets, and frequently maketh God to speak in the plural. … Thou wilt wonder that such absurdities have infected the best part of the world, and wilt avouch, that the knowledge of what is contained in this book, will render that law contemptible …Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Man held in Denmark after trying to blow himself up.Danish police have detained a man after he tried to blow himself up in a hotel in central Copenhagen, Danish media reported Friday.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Trump to MSNBC’s Mika: ‘You are very naive, you’re going to have riots in the streets’.I Believe Trump has it right about the riots,"There will be blood".Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- NYC: 9/11 First Responder Files Lawsuit Against Ground Zero Mosque Developers.A Sept. 11 first responder filed a $350 million suit against the developers of a proposed cultural center and mosque near Ground Zero, calling it a “nuisance,” “a terror risk” and “an assault.”The suit, which seeks class action status, calls the proposed center “a monument to the jihadist’s victory over American ideals of freedom and democracy, [and] a desecration of the terrible sacrifice made by those innocents attacked.”Great at least one American with guts!Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- In Response to Proposed Koran Burning, Islamic Bloc Asks U.N. to Outlaw “All Forms of Offense Against Religions”Following the uproar over the threatened burning of the Quran by a small Florida church, a leading international Islamic body said Thursday that the United Nations should outlaw “all forms of offense against religions.”WOOOW great news no more need for a peace plan Islam and Jews living together in perfect harmony!Yeah whatevah!Read the full hypocrisy story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:AstuteBloggers.Islamic Extremists Attacking Serbian Police.The fezes, that Ataturk banished as a symbol of barbarianism, are back in Serbia. It is clear from this video that the Serb police, their hands tied by the Fourth Reich - EU.Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Deportation cases dropped in Houston.The Department of Homeland Security began dismissing deportation cases in Houston against illegal aliens who haven’t broken the law, or, at least who haven’t broken any law besides illegally entering the country, and committing all the associated federal offenses like tax evasion, or identity theft. Well, that and a few misdemeanors are OK too. So really DHS and ICE are dismissing deportation cases against illegal aliens as long as their crimes don’t extend beyond entering the country illegally, select federal crimes and a few misdemeanors. The standards for what constitutes a deportable offense for illegal aliens are low.This get-out-of-jail-free card for illegal aliens has garnered criticism from those opposed to illegal immigration. Mark Krikorian, executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies, said of the ICE’s decison, "They've made clear that they have no interest in enforcing immigration laws against people who are not convicted criminals."Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:WeaselZippers.Wyoming Protesters Plan to Burn the Koran on Steps of State Capitol.The founder of the Wyoming Tyranny Response Team plans to burn a copy of the Quran on the steps of the State Capitol on Saturday.Duncan Philp said he will protest the location of a proposed Islamic Center near Ground Zero in New York City. He also will protest President Barack Obama’s support for the location.“I feel Obama is being disingenuous when he pretends he supports religious liberties,” Philp said. “(The Muslims) are not building that mosque out of love for my culture or love of the victims of 9-11 but for political reasons.”Meanwhile, members of Unitarian Universalist Church also plan to walk from their church to the Capitol on Saturday.It's spreading like a wildfire?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- 41 Obama White House aides owe the IRS $831,000 in back taxes -- and they're not alone.Over the years a lot of suspicion has built up across the country about Washington and its population of opportunistic transients coming to see themselves as a special kind of person, somehow above average working Americans who don't work down in that former swamp.Well, finally, an end to all those undocumented doubts. Thanks to some diligent digging by the Washington Post, those suspicions can at last be put to rest.They're correct. Accurate. Dead-on. Laser-guided. On target. Bingo-bango. As clear as it's always seemed to those Americans who don't feel special entitlements and do meet their government obligations.We now know that federal employees across the nation owe fully $1 billion in back taxes to the Internal Revenue Service.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:TheDailyBeast.The Secret Files 9/11 Investigators Missed.Why didn't the commission investigating the devastating 2001 al Qaeda attacks thoroughly scrub the NSA's files? Philip Shenon on the crucial records the government has never explored.Are many of the secrets of 9/11 still hidden in top-secret government files?Almost certainly, say former staff members of the 9/11 Commission. With the nation scheduled to mark the ninth anniversary of the terrorist attacks this weekend, former staffers tell The Daily Beast it is clear that the 9/11 Commission, which went out of business in 2004, failed to conduct a thorough inspection of the government's most important library of raw intelligence on al Qaeda and the 9/11 plot. And nobody appears to have inspected that intelligence since.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- China's UN diplomat in drunken rant against Americans. China's top-ranking UN diplomat embarked on a drunken rant against the UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, telling his boss he'd "never liked" him, and adding for good measure that he didn't like Americans either.Later in his impromptu speech Mr Sha turned to an American colleague, singling out Bob Orr, from the executive office of the secretary-general. "I really don't like him: he's an American and I really don't like Americans"Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Japan says more than 230,000 centenarians listed as alive are in fact missing or dead.TOKYO — More than 230,000 Japanese citizens listed in government records as at least 100 years old can’t be found and may have died long ago, according to a government survey released Friday.In August, the Justice Ministry ordered a review of records that found about 77,000 people who would be at least 120, and 884 people who would be 150 or older. The head count followed a flurry of reports about how elderly people are falling through the cracks in Japan as its population ages rapidly and family ties weaken.Revelations of scamming relatives and isolated and forgotten elderly people led to closer scrutiny ahead of the Health Ministry’s annual report on centenarians.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- JEWS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF FIREARMS OWNERSHIP!America's Most Aggressive Defender of Firearms Ownership.How do YOU feel about 'No guns for Jews'?"No Guns for Jews" is a major breakthrough and a potent weapon with tremendous potential to destroy “gun control” at this critical time in America, but millions must see it and take action!Trailer!Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Minnesota: the danger of normalization of sexual exploitation among the Native American girls.If you grew up in an Asian household like me, your first instinct would probably tell you to cook rice for dinner tonight for your family. If you grew up in a community, where everyone drinks vodka and get drunk every night, it's likely that you wouldn't see the difference between social drinking and alcoholism. Likewise, if you grew up in a household, where your mom, grandmother, and great grandmother were prostituted, your instinct may tell you that a woman's job is to look pretty to impress other men to sell her body so that she can bring bread and butter to her children. In fact, study shows that such normalization of sexual exploitation is one of the many reasons why so many young Native Americans in Minnesota become sexually exploited in one way or the other.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
Posted by Will at 12:06 PM
- All this violence without burning a single Koran !
- Obama Appoints Carp Czar.President Obama names an environmental activist as the point-man in the fight against the invading Asian Carp. John Goss will oversee the federal government's $78-million plan to stop the Asian Carp from getting into the Great Lakes.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:InfidelBloggers.THE QURAN BURNING - HADITH INCLUDES AN ACOUNT OF A REVERED MUSLIM CALIPH BURNING THE QURAN!I don’t get why Muslims are up in arms about the planned/postponed Quran burning event. First, I don’t get what kind of stupid god they believe in who gets offended every two seconds. And second, wasn’t it their own caliph that started the practice of burning Qurans? Why aren’t they burning his grave down or attacking Saudi Arabia where he’s buried?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Belgium church abuse detailed by Adriaenssens report.Harrowing details of some 300 cases of alleged sexual abuse by Roman Catholic clergy in Belgium have been released by a Church investigator.Peter Adriaenssens said cases of abuse, mostly involving minors, had been found in nearly every diocese, and 13 alleged victims had committed suicide.Two-thirds of victims were boys, most of them aged below 15, but 100 girls also suffered assaults, he said.No evidence of a systematic Church cover-up was found, he added.Bishops had changed their views since working with the commission and had not seemed to realise the implications of their past decisions, the investigator said.Belgium has been shaken by revelations of abuse this year.Prosecutors have yet to bring any charges in their abuse investigation and Thursday's court verdict is being seen as a serious blow to their work.Click here for the full story.Click here for comments.
- Obama to mark 9/11 anniversary at Pentagon.The president will attend the memorial in Washington as Vice President Biden visits New York and Michelle Obama and Laura Bush travel to the Pennsylvania field where Flight 93 crashed.Read the full story here.Hmmm......The Pentagon Chaplain's Office schedules weekly religious services in the chapel for Jews, Hindus, Muslims, Protestants and Episcopalians, as well as a daily Catholic Mass. Muslim worshippers can gather daily to offer prayers and can attend a Friday Prayer Service led by an Imam.I wonder which one he will choose?Anyone wants to make a bet?Read the details here.Click here for comments.
- US Koran burning event on hold, says pastor Terry Jones.Mr Jones then said Imam Muhammad Musri had "clearly, clearly lied to us"."Given what we are now hearing, we are forced to rethink our decision," Mr Jones said. "So as of right now, we are not cancelling the event, but we are suspending it."Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Qur'an burning: the questions not asked by Obama.People living in Casper, Wyoming keeping watch on the proposed burning of copies of the Qur’an by a Florida pastor have kept waiting for president Obama to publicly ask the questions which most people in Wyoming have been asking!Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Egyptian Security Forces Storm Monastery, Assault Monks.On Tuesday, September 7, at 8 PM a 300-man security force, backed by a large number of cars and armored vehicles, attacked the monastery of St. Macarius of Alexandria in Wadi Rayan, Fayoum province, 150 KM south of Cairo. The monks in the monastery were assaulted with tear gas, batons and stones. Three monks were seriously wounded.The security forces prevented the delivery of limestone bricks to be used for the construction of cells for the monks within the grounds of the ancient Monastery. The forces also attempted to confiscate bricks already delivered but the monks sat on the bricks and refused to move."Islam a religion of peace and tolerance?"Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Press refusing to cover L.A. riots over shooting of knife weilding illegal alien.For the last three nights, rioters have taken to the streets in the MacArthur Park area and the Westlake neighborhood in response to the shooting death of an illegal alien at the hands of police on Sunday.Jamines had been in the country for the last six years. The Guatemalan national reportedly had five different aliases.Rioters have set fires, thrown rocks and bottles at police officers, and vandalized a police station.Of course, reporting a story that shows illegal aliens in any activity other than picking lettuce and praying would conflict with the left’s agenda .Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:Tundratabloids.MUSLIMS BURNING CHRISTIANS IN 2010....... Burning Koran...Bad ,burning Christians ...good?Folks, this is brutal, and the Tundra Tabloids hesitated at first before deciding to post this video forwarded by Frank Kitman. Viewer discretion is advised, it's brutal, evil brutal. According to the Youtube bio of the film, it's of a Muslim mob terrorizing Christians that have been forced to sit on the ground as they are systematically brutalized, kicked, beaten and then set on fire. This is not for the faint hearted. The inhumanity of it all is indescribable.Warning extremely grafic images!Read and see the whole story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:WeaselZippers.Iran Says Zionists Behind Planned Quran Burning!Damn i knew it it's them again!Tehran on Thursday said that Israel was behind the plan by a United States pastor to burn copies of the Koran on the ninth anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, the official news agency IRNA reported.“The software for this plan was made by the Zionists following their defeats against Muslims and the Islamic world,” Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said in a meeting with foreign diplomats in Tehran.He further warned that if such a “gruesome and inhuman act” took place, Muslims would hold the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama responsible.Could they please hold Hussein personally responsible?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Breaking the Ramadan Fast With a Sieg Heil.At the recent Al Quds Day demonstration in Berlin, Muslim protesters observed the holy month of Ramadan by calling for a “Jew-free Jerusalem” and giving Nazi salutes.It is not yet known whether prominent Left politicians took part in the anti-Semitic hate demonstrations, as they have in years past. It is certain at any rate that many a Berlin Wall murderer and Green graybeard were marching in their ranks in spirit.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- 2nd US Pastor Announces Plans to Burn Koran on September 11th.Rev. Bob Old of Springfield, Tennessee, has announced that he too plans to set fire to a Koran at his home on Saturday, and the post a video of the holy Muslim book burning online.Old said:"If they want to have their religion, they can have it somewhere else. I believe that other religions are a threat to our faith and our beliefs. People may say that I am crazy, but I am not."Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Philly church could face fines for noise after city issues warning over 7 a.m. bell-ringing.The Philadelphia Inquirer reports the department says the church could face fines of up to $700 a day if inspectors determine the noise can be heard at the nearest residential property.City Councilman Jim Kenney says the situation is silly and he plans to draft legislation exempting churches and schools from the noise ordinance. There currently are exemptions for trains, aircraft, licensed fireworks displays and other things.I hope they will be just as strict on Mosques in the future?Read the whole story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:HIDF.Muslim Persecution of Hindus In India.They are crossing the border illegally and violently displacing the indigenous population whose homes and possessions they either destroy or occupy. They are attacking the young, the elderly, and especially the girls and women, whom they kidnap, forcibly convert, or traffic into brothels. The locals are terrified of them. The police rarely come to their aid, nor do the politically correct media or government. Both are terrified by the criminals and terrorists who are riding these immigrant waves.I am not talking about illegal immigrants to Europe or North America. I am describing Muslims who are penetrating India’s West Bengal region. These Bangladeshi immigrants are becoming conduits for criminal activities (arms, drugs, and sexual slavery) which also fund global jihad.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:Juniper in the desert.Tommy Robinson EDL Leader turned back at JFK.According to Gates of Vienna, Tommy Robinson, leader of the EDL - English Defence League, arrived at New York to participate in the 9/11 memorial and was immediately put on a plane back to the UK.While Iranian islamic scum - murderers and torturers, are welcomed for their anti-Semitic and anti-Western march last Saturday in Hyde Park, the English Defence League are treated like criminals!And talk of removing Taliban leaders from the terrorist list!Hmmm...Freedom?Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:WeaselZippers.Afghan Candidate For Parliament on Koran Burning: “Wherever Americans Are Seen in The World, They Will Be Killed”…Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Obama walks back Clinton’s Colombia-Mexico comparison.Yesterday, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton ratcheted up her rhetoric on Mexico's drug cartel problems, offending Mexican politicians by comparing their state to violence-wracked Colombia in the 80s and 90s."We face an increasing threat from a well-organized network, drug-trafficking threat that is, in some cases, morphing into, or making common cause with, what we would consider an insurgency," Clinton said yesterday. "It's looking more and more like Colombia looked 20 years ago."Obama:""Mexico is an ample and progressive democracy, with a growing economy and because of that you can't compare what is happening to Mexico with what happened in Colombia 20 years ago," he said.Ola Mr Presidente!Been in the border states lately???Read the full
idioticstory here.Click here for comments.
- HT:Tundratabloid.Johan Bolton considering run for the Presidency.This is one guy who won't be seen bowing to foreign heads of state, nope, he'll be presenting the US in the best possible light ever, while sending serious warnings to the US's foes. Don't tread on us. This would be a wonderful development, the man is extremely brilliant and wonderfully articulate, perhaps a Bolton- Pawlenty or even a Palin-Bolton ticket would put the US on a path in the right direction.Read and see the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Bonfire of one man's vanity.Pastor abandons Koran-burning stunt, but too late to stop worldwide fury - and bloodshed.Their calls for the event to be cancelled came as reports emerged from Baghdad of an apparent revenge attack on Iraq's only operating Anglican church, St George's. According to two eyewitnesses, up to four people were killed after gunmen opened fire on guards outside the church, which lies in a compound just outside the comparative safety of the Green Zone.It has been targeted by extremists before but Canon Andrew White, the British-born vicar of St George's, said he believed that yesterday's attack was directly related to events in Florida. Iraqi authorities had warned of the prospect of such an incident."Without a doubt it is linked to Florida," he said by telephone from Baghdad. "The book-burning is huge news in Iraq at the moment. Every newspaper, every television station and radio, they've all been covering it."Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- One dead in Afghan riots against Quran burning.A crowd, estimated at 10,000 by a spokesman for the Badakhshan province governor, had earlier poured into the streets after special Eid prayers.Some later hurled stones at a NATO base run by Germans and a protester was shot when troops inside opened fire, spokesman Amin Sohail said.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Gunmen behead, set alight Sunni cleric in Iraq.Gunmen stormed the house of a Sunni cleric Thursday and cut his head off before setting him alight in an attack that bore the hallmark of insurgents, a police spokesman said."Islam a religion of peace?"Attacks are on the rise against the Iraqi army and police, who have taken over responsibility for security in Iraq. The United States formally ended its combat mission last week.Ah yes now it's called operation "New Dawn" new name ,same war.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- HT:MichelleMalkin.Soros Watch: $45 million to sabotage America’s judiciary.This multi-million dollar campaign to reshape our courts encompasses efforts to revise state constitutions, rewrite judicial recusal rules, abolish democratic judicial elections, and impose a judicial selection system that will transfer power from the people to a small, unelected and unaccountable commission comprised primarily of legal elites, typically representing powerful special interest groups, such as state trial lawyers associations.We cannot take this lying down. Your right to vote is at stake.Read the full story here.Click here to comment.
- Imam Rauf on Larry King Live — UPDATED!!Imam Rauf claims that he has “a responsibility” to build the mosque, otherwise radical Islamists around the world will threaten “national security.” In other words, screw the sensitivity concerns of Americans, you’ll be blown to bits if you don’t back off from my Victory Mosque.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Saudi website for fatwas closes.The popular Islam Today website, run by the Saudi cleric Salman al-Awdah, has closed a section that contains thousands of Islamic religious rulings, or fatwas.Several websites offering fatwas have recently been blocked, following a decree by King Abdullah.The decree was seen as an attempt to reduce controversial fatwas issued by minor or ultra-conservative clerics.Some of these have been a serious embarrassment to the Saudi authorities.The Saudi newspaper, Arab News, said Islam Today had closed its fatwa pages in order to avoid closure of the website by the authorities.Islam Today gave no explanation for why it had closed its fatwa section. As of 1300 GMT on Thursday, the closure applied only to the website's more popular Arabic-language section and it was still possible to access the smaller fatwa archive in English.Salman al-Awdah himself was once a controversial figure, a hardline cleric who was imprisoned in the 1990s for inciting opposition to the Saudi government.Dammed Just now when it's getting interesting.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Muslim Brotherhood resists ban on female genital mutilation. What has changed in Egypt is that nowadays ''people are more willing to report'' persons who are responsible for female genital mutilation (Fgm). ''This indicates a shift in the perception of this practice. It means that it is seen as a crime, that Fgm has now moved from social norm to crime'', explained Minister for Family and Populations, Mouchira Khattab, to ANSAmed.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Saudi woman beats maid to death.A Saudi woman beat her housemaid up and kicked her out just after midnight before she was rushed to hospital where she died, a newspaper said Saturday.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- The Cohen gene - Key to a prophetic priesthood?And bring thou near unto thee Aaron thy brother, and his sons with him, from among the children of Israel, that he may minister unto me in the priest's office, even Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar, Aaron's sons Ex 28:1 .A few years ago, Dr. Karl Skorecki, a nephrologist and researcher at the University of Toronto and Israel’s Rambam-Technion Medical Center had an interesting thought. He speculated that the Kohanim, a family line that descends from Aaron, the brother of Moses, according to Jewish tradition, might be genetically distinct from other Jews and gentiles. Skorecki reasoned that if the Kohanim, the Cohens, were descended from one man, Aaron, as the Bible asserts then they would have common genetic markers. The Cohens are mentioned in the Bible as far back as 2nd Kings 17:27-28. In fact, the term “kohanim” or “cohanim” often seems used interchangeably with the word “priests” in Jewish sources.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
Posted by Will at 7:39 AM