Saturday, August 21, 2010
- Gov't: 23K workers affected by Gulf oil drill ban.WASHINGTON — The deepwater drilling moratorium in the Gulf of Mexico costs at least 23,000 jobs, according to a federal document that weighed the economic impact and alternatives to the drilling ban.A six-month suspension would directly put 9,450 people out of work and indirectly affect nearly 14,000 other jobs, according to a memo from Michael Bromwich, the nation's top drilling regulator. The July 10 memo to Interior Secretary Ken Salazar outlined several options regarding the suspension of offshore drilling."Were on the road off recovery"?More like off the road?Give back the keys!!!!!
- Obama ‘Texts’ God, And Vice Versa.Holy BlackBerry! Obama Finds Ways to Keep the Faith During First Year in Office.Obama's spiritual advisor ,who is he?First, Jim Wallis has had relationships with the communist Committee in Solidarity with the People of El Salvador (CISPES).Second, his “Witness for Peace” was an attempt to defend the Nicaraguan [Communist] Sandinistas! Wallis, together with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright (Obama’s former pastor of 20 years) “rallied support for the communist Nicaraguan regime and protested actions by the United States which supported the anti-communist Contra rebels” Hmmm reminds me of Rasputin advising the last Tsar.
- Video: ‘Iran’s Uranium a Problem for UN, Not the World’.Seyed Mohammad Morandi, a professor of politics at Tehran University, believes that it is only the UN which has issues with Iran -- not the whole international community.
- The Latest from Iran (21 August): Khamenei v. Ahmadinejad?Family Matters. Zahra Rahnavard has strongly condemned the “Family Protection” bill, urging Parliament to reject it, as she claims that it gives more power to men to be polygamous without the knowledge of a wife and harshly discriminates against women. Rahnavard asserted, “Striking the so-called ‘Family Protection bill from Parliament’s agenda is not a feminist demand but rather is a symbol of national demand for the prosperity of the Iranian nation and the stability of Iranian families.”
- Barak to U.S., France: Take steps to stop Lebanese flotilla.After announced delay in departure of women's flotilla, Defense Minister speaks with foreign ministers of U.S. and France, stresses that flotilla is an "unnecessary provocation."Defense Minister Ehud Barak spoke on Saturday with U.S. Secretary of State Hilary Clinton, U.S. National Security Adviser General Jim Jones, and French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner, and asked them to act to prevent the launch of the Lebanese flotilla setting for Gaza.
- Muslims, not Americans, are religious bigots!As Time puts it, it is wrong to “conflate Islam with terrorism and savagery.” But the world must be dealt with as it is and not as we wish it were. That requires us to accept the reality that Muslim nations are the most religiously intolerant places on Earth, and that a startling number of Islamic clerics worldwide still refuse to condemn violence against nonbelievers. In contrast, Americans who oppose the mosque are not even demanding that its developers be arrested or harmed in any way for their beliefs. They ask only that the mosque developers voluntarily show common sense, decency and sensitivity for America’s loss on 9/11.
- Letter: Is polygamy next?An Aug. 14 letter concludes banning same-sex marriage violates the First Amendment by imposing Christian ideals. Could as well have said Jewish, Muslim and many more. The issue is “ideals.”Current ideals are “one consenting adult man and woman.” So we change to “two consenting adults.” We have no right to say man and woman. So where is the right to say, “two?” If the key is consenting adults, then an arbitrary limit as to the number and makeup violates First Amendment rights just as a limiting gender makeup does. Polygamy is next.
- Video:Obama’s End Game. A Look at the National Debt," which takes a look at the debt crisis facing this country. To be clear, this is not a typical web video - this is an in-depth analysis of the impact of the national debt upon our nation's future and the government's actions over the past two years.America is at a critical crossroads, and the path we take will determine the kind of country we want to be. Our country is facing serious challenges; this video is a serious and substantive look at the crisis of generational debt being created by government today.A MUST SEE FOR EVERY AMERICAN!
- Web Design FAIL: Iran’s New Holocaust Denial Cartoon Site.As a professional artist, writer, and web designer of 15 years and with almost thirty years of online experience (both web-based and BBS based), I very often scour the web for exceptional examples of web design. This week, I hit upon a doozie.Recently, Iran and it’s heavily state-controlled media wing made live a new website – HoloCartoons.com- which is based on a comic book written by Omid Mehdinejad and illustrated by Maziar Bijani. Plain and simple, the site denies the Jewish Holocaust as a fabrication and myth. Complete with swastika emblazoned user interface buttons, the site categorically rejects Jews as true followers of Moses and Abraham and even offers a “dedication” to those who lost their lives in WWII “under the pretext of the Holocaust”.
- Are they lying to us?The deception behind the Manhattan Mosque.Are they speaking the truth or is this more deception?The Qur’an teaches that a Muslim can deceive the unbeliever when it is to his advantage. We see this in the doctrine referred to as taqiyya that even allows a Muslim to deny his own faith but still receive forgiveness from Allah, when to do so would protect him from harm.
- Teenager begins world record sailing bid.A Dutch teenager hoping to become the youngest solo around-the-world sailor has begun her voyage from Portugal. Laura Dekker, 14, left Portimao at around 0900 GMT on Saturday aboard her 8m (26ft) boat Guppy, Dutch media said.Her manager said she had left in a very good mood despite calm conditions, but did not want to speak to the media.In April Ms Dekker won a court case against Dutch social services, who had tried argued that the voyage could harm her emotional and social development.The teenager will spend more than two years living alone on the boat.
- Bears that defended B.C. Grow up face death sentence.B.C. conservation officers are hashing out what could be fatally bad news for bears found apparently guarding a marijuana garden in the province's southeast.A group of up to 15 black bears were discovered nearly three weeks ago near the popular resort area of Christina Lake lounging around a patch of more than 1,000 pot plants.They are being examined for their ability to get their food from the wild.Because they've become dependent on human handouts like dog food, some of the bruins may be unable to return productively to the woods and with winter approaching, that'll soon become apparent, said conservation officer Dave Webster."At that point, they'll be destroyed there's nothing else we can do with them," he said.
- Video:Maria Sharapova: Tennis Pro Goes Home to Chernobyl.Tennis superstar Maria Sharapova returns to her family's home in Chernobyl
- US calls for Lockerbie bomber to return to jail.The White House has called for the man convicted in the 1988 Lockerbie bombing to be returned to prison in Scotland.President Obama's counterterrorism adviser, John Brennan, said the US had expressed "strong conviction" to Scottish officials that Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi be brought back to jail.Scottish ministers freed Megrahi, who has cancer, citing medical advice that he would likely die in three months.Analysts say the anniversary of his freeing adds weight to the US call.Mr Brennan called the release of Megrahi, who was set free from prison one year ago, an "unfortunate and inappropriate and wrong decision".
- The Rev. Franklin Graham Says President Obama was 'Born a Muslim'."I think the president's problem is that he was born a Muslim, his father was a Muslim. The seed of Islam is passed through the father like the seed of Judaism is passed through the mother. He was born a Muslim, his father gave him an Islamic name,""Now it's obvious that the president has renounced the prophet Mohammed, and he has renounced Islam, and he has accepted Jesus Christ. That's what he says he has done. I cannot say that he hasn't. So I just have to believe that the president is what he has said," Graham continued, adding that "the Islamic world sees the president as one of theirs."When quoting a sermon from a World War II chaplain, Obama refused to use the exact quote and struck “Christ” from his modified version of the chaplains sermon.
- Wikileaks founder Julian Assange accused of rape.Swedish authorities say they have issued an arrest warrant for Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, on accusations of rape and molestation.On Twitter, Wikileaks, which has leaked Afghan war documents, quoted him saying the charges were "without basis".The message, attributed directly to Mr Assange, said the appearance of the allegations "at this moment is deeply disturbing".In a series of other messages posted on the Wikileaks Twitter feed, the whistle-blowing website said: "No-one here has been contacted by Swedish police" and said it had been warned to expect "dirty tricks".More here.
- Nearly 1/2 of Participants in Obama Mortgage Program Drop Out.WASHINGTON -- Nearly half of the homeowners who enrolled in the Obama administration's flagship mortgage-relief program have fallen out.A new report issued Friday by the Treasury Department said that approximately 630,000 people who had tried to get their monthly mortgage payments lowered through the effort have been cut loose through July. That's about 48 percent of the 1.3 million homeowners who had enrolled since March 2009. That is up from more than 40 percent through June.
- Jihad's Ugly American Face.The ever-expanding list of U.S.-bred al Qaida operatives shows the terror group is trying to "flood the zone" of U.S. intelligence services to capitalize on what it considers a weakened America in the midst of a recession. This goal involves pushing forward an assortment of attacks and terror plots by lone wolves and poorly trained cells, experts say.
- Lebanese flotilla to sail through Greece?Organizers of Gaza-bound women's flotilla turn to Athens after Cyprus refuses to allow it to enter its territorial waters. Another sail scheduled to depart for Gaza on August 29.
- Coming to America: Sharia in Britain and its 17,000 ‘Honor’ Attacks on Women A Year.The Left’s new spin on Sharia is that it really isn’t all that bad, and we’ll never have it here anyway. So there is nothing to fear in Ground Zero mosques and pro-Sharia Imams being funded by our government to promote Islam here and abroad. The so-called liberal argument is that Sharia is a red herring of conservative haters and to warn of Sharia makes someone an Isalamaphobe. Guess the Left doesn’t pay attention to Britain.
- Nobel Peace Laureate Appeals On Behalf Of Iran's Political Prisoners.Iranian Nobel Peace Prize laureate Shirin Ebadi has appealed to the international community not to turn a blind eye to human rights violations in Iran.Ebadi said concern over Iran's disputed nuclear program should not eclipse the problem of human rights in that country. She also told the conference that political prisoners in Iran "are treated even worse than drug traffickers."
- Woolsey: China Ramping Up to Super-Power Status.Is the Chinese military threatening the strategic posture of the U.S. and its allies in East Asia? Former CIA Director James Woolsey thinks so.
- Egg recall in US grows to half a billion.Half a billion eggs in the US have been recalled in an investigation into a salmonella outbreak, which now includes two farms in the state of Iowa.Iowa's Hillandale Farms announced it was recalling 170 million eggs after tests confirmed salmonella.
- Study: Astronauts as weak as 80-year-olds in space.Astronauts can become as weak as 80-year-olds after six months at the International Space Station, according to a new study that raises serious health concerns as NASA contemplates prolonged trips to asteroids and Mars.Marquette University biologist Robert Fitts, who led the study, stresses that the accelerated space aging is temporary: Astronauts' muscles recover after a few months back on Earth.
- Americans still associate Islam with violence.The furor over plans to build a Muslim cultural center near the World Trade Center site shows nine years of efforts to separate Islam from association with terrorism have largely failed, experts say.Geeh i wonder why????
- Brutality Against Women Stirs Fear In Afghanistan.The Taliban has denied that its militants tortured, hanged and shot a widow in Afghanistan's western Baghdis province for adultery.It's not the principle the Taliban disagrees with — in a lengthy press release, a Taliban spokesman said that the woman should have been stoned to death instead.Geeh i wonder why Americans associate Islam with violence?
- My Visit With Teenage Afghan Girls.Katie Couric reports on the stories of teenage girls turned away from their homes as part of her series on Afghanistan—and asks whether the U.S. will stand by them.Geeh i wonder why Americans associate Islam with violence?
- Lockerbie bomber 'rejected cancer treatment in jail' in desperate bid to secure his release.The Lockerbie bomber refused chemotherapy in a Scottish prison in an attempt to make his condition deteriorate and force his release, it was claimed yesterday.Abdelbaset Al Megrahi was believed to be terminally ill with prostate cancer when he was sent home to Libya on compassionate grounds exactly a year ago.But since his release Megrahi has responded well to a similar treatment – which is available on the NHS – and there claims that he could live another seven years.
- The Christian Martyrs of Córdoba.New York City imam Feisal Abdul Rauf claims that the proposed mosque at Ground Zero is an attempt by the Muslim community to “build bridges“.It is named after Cordoba in southern Spain, a city where between the eighth and 12th centuries, Muslims, Jews and Christians intermingled freely. In fact, during the 10th century under the Moorish caliphate, Cordoba became a major global city and boasted the world’s biggest library.
- HT:WeaselZippers.True Face of Imam Rauf to be Revealed by Newly Discovered Audio Tapes.This fraud’s mask must be torn off. The American people must be made aware of the truth about the “moderate” Ground Zero Mosque organizers that Leftists are so vociferously supporting.
- Muslim-American Miss USA Comes Out Against Ground Zero Mosque.The reigning Miss USA has come out against the Ground Zero mosque, saying “it shouldn’t be so close” to Ground Zero.Will the brain-dead Left call her an intolerant, Islamophobic, un-American, xenophobic, racist, bigot?
- 'Cloud of suspicion' over Lockerbie bomber release.A group of US senators says a "cloud of suspicion" still hangs over the release a year ago of the man responsible for the 1988 Lockerbie bombing.Senator Robert Menendez called on Britain and Scotland to answer a number of "outstanding questions" over the case of Abdelbasset Ali al-Megrahi.Scottish ministers freed Megrahi, who has cancer, citing medical advice that he would likely die in three months.The Scottish government says the decision was taken in good faith.
- Rove: ‘I Don’t Want the Mosque to be Built There’.Senior Republican strategist Karl Rove says he opposes the planned construction of a mosque near the site of the September 11, 2001 al Qaeda terrorist attack in lower Manhattan.He tells George Stephanopoulos on ABC News, “I don’t want the mosque to be built there.”Rove is considered the architect of former President George W. Bush’s outreach strategy for working with Muslims.
- Islamic Militants Tell Sikhs to Embrace Islam or Leave Valley.Sikhs in the Kashmir Valley have received anonymous letters from Islamic militants asking them to either embrace Islam and join the protests against civilian killings or pack up and leave the Valley.More on this topic here.
- World's 20 Biggest Yachts.Some have missles; some have swimming pools; some have 90-person staffs—all of these boats are enormous vessels of power, expense, and luxury.
Posted by Will at 6:51 AM