- Gaffney:Hamas Operative Gets a Tour of the National Counter Terrorism Center.Yesterday, Bigpeace.com contributor Patrick S. Poole, broke a story about the FBI courting known Hamas operative Sheikh Kifah Mustapha, through a tour of the National Counter Terrorism Center and the FBI training facilities at Quantico. Today, on Frank Gaffney’s Secure Freedom Radio, Frank adds quite a bit to the conversation. Namely, how the politically correct Muslim outreach that is meant to improve our security serves the influence operations of our terrorist enemies instead.Read and listen to the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Islamic hard-liners protest gay film festival in Indonesia; some showings cancelled.JAKARTA, Indonesia — Dozens of Islamic hard-liners protested against an international gay film festival in Indonesia's capital Tuesday, forcing the cancellation of several screenings.The Q! Film Festival, being held at foreign cultural centres in Jakarta, opened last week and was slated to run until Wednesday night. In its ninth year, it aims to raise awareness of gay issues.Members of the hardline Islamic Defenders Front — some wearing masks, white robes and turbans — chanted anti-gay slogans and said the movies were blasphemous.The Islamic Defenders Front has in the past smashed bars, attacked transvestites and went after those it considered blasphemous with bamboo clubs and stones."Islam the religion of Peace?"Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- It's time to fight back against death threats by Islamic extremists.A federal law is needed to cover threats against free-speech rights. Across media and geographies, Islamic extremists are increasingly using intimidation to stifle free expression.Earlier this year, after Comedy Central altered an episode of "South Park" that had prompted threats because of the way it depicted Islam's prophet Muhammad, Seattle cartoonist Molly Norris proposed an "Everybody Draw Muhammad Day." The idea was, as she put it, to stand up for the 1st Amendment and "water down the pool of targets" for extremists.It's time for free-speech advocates to take a page from the abortion rights movement's playbook. In the 1990s, abortion providers faced the same sort of intimidation tactics and did not succumb. Instead, they lobbied for a federal law making it a crime to threaten people exercising reproductive rights and permitting victims to sue for damages. The Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act, or FACE, passed in 1994 by solid bipartisan margins. A similar act is needed to cover threats against free-speech rights.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Media ignores Islamist extremisme Canadian Journalist Resigns After Editors Spike His Anti-Jihadist Column.This week, Rory resigned as a long-time columnist for the London (Ontario) Free Press.He’d submitted a column to run on (ironically) September 11, detailing the connection between the Muslim Association of Canada (MAC) and the Muslim Brotherhood. The LFP said they’d only run the column if Leishman removed references to two local imams. He refused, the paper spiked the column, and Leishman resigned on principle.How could tens of thousands of Muslims living in Canada sympathize with Islamist terrorists who were plotting the greatest mass slaughter of civilians in Canadian history?Part of the answer can be found in some mainstream Muslim publications in Canada. For example, in July, Al Bilad, a monthly newspaper published in Arabic and English in London, Ontario, featured a poem that glorifies an Islamist homicide bomber who pleads to her mother.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Haiti Still Waiting for Pledged U.S. Aid.Nearly Nine Months after the Earthquake, None of the $1.15 Billion the U.S. Promised for Rebuilding has Arrived.The money was pledged by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in March for use this year in rebuilding. The U.S. has already spent more than $1.1 billion on post-quake relief, but without long-term funds, the reconstruction of the wrecked capital cannot begin.With just a week to go before fiscal 2010 ends, the money is still tied up in Washington. At fault: bureaucracy, disorganization and a lack of urgency, The Associated Press learned in interviews with officials in the State Department, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, the White House and the U.N. Office of the Special Envoy. One senator has held up a key authorization bill because of a $5 million provision he says will be wasteful.The Office of the Special Envoy has been tracking the money delivered so far but does not know who got it. The envoy himself, former President Bill Clinton, told the AP in July and again in August that he was putting pressure on donors to meet their pledges.Hmmmm.....on the other hand Pakistan who's Islamic .....Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Thailand, Islamic rebels disguised as policemen fire on crowd: 5 dead and 3 injured.The attack took place yesterday evening in a village in Pattani province with a Muslim majority. Two children are also among the dead. The attack left five dead, three people were injured and at the moment are in a critical condition. Among them a girl of 10.Before disappearing the attackers set fire to some vehicles.In the long series of deaths, the most frequent target of Islamic rebels are teachers. Muslims see state schools as an attempt to impose Buddhist culture. Since 2008 153 teachers have been killed.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Muslim fundamentalists against gay and lesbian film festival in Jakarta.Islamic Defender Front threatens to set fire to one of the venues of the festival. Opening day is cancelled.A gay and lesbian film festival might be cancelled because of threats made by radical Islamic groups. The Q! Film Festival was scheduled to end on 30 September, but its director, John Badalu, called off the festival’s opening day (25 September). At least 100 members of the Islamic Defender Front (FPI) protested against the event, which is at its ninth edition, in front of Germany’s Goethe-Institut, one of the venues.According to a FPI field coordinator, Habib Salim Alatas, “These places should be protected from any obscenity. I will let these places be burned down (by our members) because they promote obscenity”."Islam a religion of peace and tolerance?"Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Barack Chavez Obama doesn't want you watching America's most trusted cable news channel, according to polling by Politico and GWU .Last May, Mark Levin -- the President of Landmark Legal Foundation -- stated that President Barack Obama was the "closest thing to a dictator" this country had ever seen.The list of horribles included his naked attempts to silence critics, his encouragement of voter intimidation, his support of rampant vote fraud, the implicit campaign to encourage illegal immigration, and his blatant abrogation of contract law (e.g., the GM and Chrysler bailouts).Now Obama is at it again, demonizing the most popular and trusted cable news outlet in the United States. In an exclusive interview with Rolling Stone Magazine, Obama made the extraordinarily un-presidential claim that Fox is "destructive to [America's] long-term growth."Consider that a recent Politico-George Washington University poll recently determined that Fox News is trusted by 42% of the American public versus 30% for CNN and a puny 12% for MSNBC.Read the full
Stalin orderstory here.Click here for comments.
- HT:EndoftheAmericanDream.Median Household Income Is Falling In Almost Every Single Major American City.Median household income is falling in the vast majority of U.S. states and in virtually every single major U.S. city. According to the Census Bureau's annual survey of income and poverty in the United States, of the 52 largest metro areas in the nation, only the city of San Antonio did not see a decline in median household income in 2009. Needless to say, that is not good news. If incomes are falling from coast to coast, then how in the world can anyone claim that we are experiencing a "recovery"? The truth is that we are not in the middle of an economic recovery. What we are in the middle of is a long-term economic decline.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Thank Goodness for Trial Lawyers? Iranian President Slapped with Class-Action Lawsuit.Larry Klayman, the founder of Judicial Watch and now head of Freedom Watch USA, has filed a lawsuit against Iranian President Ahmadinejad. The original complaint was filed last year. Now he has expanded it.Read the full story here.Click here for comments.
- Dutch right-wing parties reach agreement on minority government supported by anti-Islam group.The leaders of Dutch right-wing parties say they’ve concluded an agreement for a minority government supported by the anti-Islam party of Geert Wilders.Mark Rutte, head of the Liberal VVD party, announced the accord with the Christian Democratic Alliance and Wilders’ Freedom Party, which will back the government without sitting in the Cabinet.Together, they control 76 of parliament’s 150 seats.The accord came 3 1/2 months after deadlocked parliamentary elections. Policy details of the alliance were not immediately released.The accord Tuesday among the party leaders needs approval of the parties’ parliament members. Several members of the Christian Democrats have objected to a government that relies on the anti-immigrant Wilders for its survival.Content : there is nothing known about the agreements.However, it was already clear in advance that the parties would like to cut 18 billion euros and a stricter policy to implement in the field of security, integration, immigration and asylum. At the insistence of Wilders calls for more attention to the elderly. Read the full story here.(GoogleTranslate)More here.Click here for comments.